PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Manchester-2 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/599775-manchester-2-a.html)

Suzeman 12th Apr 2019 13:04


Originally Posted by Betablockeruk (Post 10445788)
Artist's impression clearly shows a gap between the airbridge and the 747 on 106 and that's what they have delivered. :ok:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....d8f20f90f.jpeg

Very good - like it :ok:

Betablockeruk 12th Apr 2019 16:29


Originally Posted by azz767 (Post 10445945)
Whilst I admit it really isn't great, wont it in the long run not actually be a major problem, I say this because:
(I am in no way excusing the shoddiness of the situation, just looking at it from a different perspective)


1. Surely learning from pier 1, this wont be allowed to happen on pier 2/3.
2 There's surely going to be enough stands capable of handling the 747's from the existing T2 even whilst the second pier is getting built.
3. When pier 2/3 are built, isn't the likelihood that most VS will park in those two closer to the new lounges leaving pier 1 to Loco's/charters.
4. How many A350's, 747's etc, will be on the ground max at any one time? Wont there be enough stands in pier 2/3 to cope with these if the pier 1 issue can't be sorted? I know that's not the point but it should be manageable right?

Virgin Atlantic Set To Retire Boeing 747s In 2021

That timeline probably makes it a non issue unless the A350 is also a problem?

EI-EIDW 12th Apr 2019 16:45


Originally Posted by Betablockeruk (Post 10446090)
Virgin Atlantic Set To Retire Boeing 747s In 2021

That timeline probably makes it a non issue unless the A350 is also a problem?

Thats an easy escape for the project teams failure, one of the most important aspects of the pier and they got it wrong.

Hopefully they pay more attention on the next phase.

spannersatcx 13th Apr 2019 09:21


Originally Posted by azz767 (Post 10445945)
Whilst I admit it really isn't great, wont it in the long run not actually be a major problem, I say this because:
(I am in no way excusing the shoddiness of the situation, just looking at it from a different perspective)


1. Surely learning from pier 1, this wont be allowed to happen on pier 2/3.
2 There's surely going to be enough stands capable of handling the 747's from the existing T2 even whilst the second pier is getting built.
3. When pier 2/3 are built, isn't the likelihood that most VS will park in those two closer to the new lounges leaving pier 1 to Loco's/charters.
4. How many A350's, 747's etc, will be on the ground max at any one time? Wont there be enough stands in pier 2/3 to cope with these if the pier 1 issue can't be sorted? I know that's not the point but it should be manageable right?

4 350’s SQ X2, QR AND CX at the moment! VS 3 744’s I think.

Scottie Dog 14th Apr 2019 20:16

Spannersatcx - Having been working off only a mobile for the last few weeks I have missed a couple of important OANs that have been issued, and which make interesting reading, since there is no reference to Stand 104 being able to accept B747

OAN-26a-2019 Issued 29th March 2019
https://i.ibb.co/hVH2FYP/Screenshot-352.png
https://i.ibb.co/FzGxrpk/Screenshot-353.png

OAN-26b-2019 Issued 5th April 2019
https://i.ibb.co/DrB68rv/Screenshot-355.png
https://i.ibb.co/thM4Xq9/Screenshot-356.png

BHX5DME 15th Apr 2019 07:07

Etihad A388
 
Good to see A6-APD will be on EY21 today

spannersatcx 15th Apr 2019 11:36


Originally Posted by Scottie Dog (Post 10447493)
Spannersatcx - Having been working off only a mobile for the last few weeks I have missed a couple of important OANs that have been issued, and which make interesting reading, since there is no reference to Stand 104 being able to accept B747

OAN-26a-2019 Issued 29th March 2019
https://i.ibb.co/hVH2FYP/Screenshot-352.png
https://i.ibb.co/FzGxrpk/Screenshot-353.png

OAN-26b-2019 Issued 5th April 2019
https://i.ibb.co/DrB68rv/Screenshot-355.png
https://i.ibb.co/thM4Xq9/Screenshot-356.png

looking at that none of them are! no mention of the 350 either! can get a 777-9 on 106 though, shame there's none actually flying!

virginblue 15th Apr 2019 11:39

Looking at the aerial view of the three piers, I am wondering why all three appear to be different in length, particularly why the middle one is rather short? Is the area around it earmarked for walk boarding by LCCs so that investment in an extension of the shed and throwing in another set of airbridges was not worthwhile?

azz767 15th Apr 2019 15:27

Is the Etihad A380 going to have to park remote? I thought the stand that Emirates use is the only contact stand that is A380 compatible and the Etihad plane will be in at the same time as the 3rd Emirates of the day and I doubt Emirates will be too pleased if they get budged off their stand.

Lancaster Bomber 15th Apr 2019 16:03


Originally Posted by azz767 (Post 10448069)
Is the Etihad A380 going to have to park remote? I thought the stand that Emirates use is the only contact stand that is A380 compatible and the Etihad plane will be in at the same time as the 3rd Emirates of the day and I doubt Emirates will be too pleased if they get budged off their stand.

Etihad A380?

STN406 15th Apr 2019 16:27


Originally Posted by BHX5DME (Post 10447765)
Good to see A6-APD will be on EY21 today

Its got a load to match too. 464 passengers onboard just 30 of its total.
Nice treat for all you MAN spotters to see one of Etihad's A380ís

ld0595 15th Apr 2019 17:21

Anyone know why Etihad was sending an A380? Was it planned or a substitution?

ZOOKER 15th Apr 2019 17:33

virginblue,

a MAG presentation I attended last year indicated that it may be extended further in the future. As someone in the audience pointed out, that would involve turning the airside into a secure land-side building site-again, with all the cost/inconvenience that would involve.
Just borrow the money and build it now.

LFC22 15th Apr 2019 19:05


Originally Posted by ld0595 (Post 10448133)
Anyone know why Etihad was sending an A380? Was it planned or a substitution?

From what I heard, equipment shortage. 77W not available.

azz767 15th Apr 2019 21:40


Originally Posted by azz767 (Post 10448069)
Is the Etihad A380 going to have to park remote? I thought the stand that Emirates use is the only contact stand that is A380 compatible and the Etihad plane will be in at the same time as the 3rd Emirates of the day and I doubt Emirates will be too pleased if they get budged off their stand.

Does anyone know what happened re parking?

chaps1954 15th Apr 2019 22:23

Went on 62

Ian

spannersatcx 16th Apr 2019 19:13


Originally Posted by spannersatcx (Post 10445519)

Iím told the 350 was trialled on 110, the airbridge wouldnít get to the L2 door without hitting the engine and was 2 feet short of the L1 door. Was supposed to be trialled on 106 today but has been postponed until next week. L2 door is the preferred door so not everyone traipses through the business class section.

Apparently the A350 went on 106 without any issues, so they can at least use one of the stands.

eggc 17th Apr 2019 17:11

Facebook rumour alert...!

"Juneyao Air have applied to add MAN as an extension of its new daily PVG-HEL service, although the add on MAN would only be 4 weekly. They use Dreamliners on this route and MAN start from Nov 19."

Make of that what you will...

eye2eye5 17th Apr 2019 17:26


Originally Posted by eggc (Post 10449696)
Facebook rumour alert...!

"Juneyao Air have applied to add MAN as an extension of its new daily PVG-HEL service, although the add on MAN would only be 4 weekly. They use Dreamliners on this route and MAN start from Nov 19."

Make of that what you will...

its noted elsewhere that they failed to obtain slots at LHR and accordingly have turned their attention to MAN.

VickersVicount 17th Apr 2019 21:50

...its usually LGW first in that scenario!


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:15.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.