Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Eastern Airways-3

Old 24th Apr 2022, 22:11
  #141 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South
Age: 42
Posts: 667
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runway30 View Post
I am just musing here but if another passenger was filmed without their permission could the airline be asked to produce a copy under a Subject Access Request which would of course be impossible?
No they wouldn’t and GDPR doesn’t apply to individuals anyway. You can only make a SAR to a business.
Rivet Joint is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2022, 01:39
  #142 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint View Post
No they wouldn’t and GDPR doesn’t apply to individuals anyway. You can only make a SAR to a business.
I'm not trying to score points here, just trying to examine the issue, but I have to point out that you are incorrect.

There was a recent case where a security camera postioned on a private property took pictures of someone who wan't within the area of that property.

If someone is filmed by that camera they have all their rights under the GDPR including making a Subject Access Request. Usually a householder will be a private individual.

However in this instance, both parties will be in a private place that they have been admitted to by the airline under a contract of carriage. Does the passenger have a right to privacy and does the airline have any liability if they have given implied permission by not stopping the passenger filming?
runway30 is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2022, 12:36
  #143 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South
Age: 42
Posts: 667
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runway30 View Post
I'm not trying to score points here, just trying to examine the issue, but I have to point out that you are incorrect.

There was a recent case where a security camera postioned on a private property took pictures of someone who wan't within the area of that property.

If someone is filmed by that camera they have all their rights under the GDPR including making a Subject Access Request. Usually a householder will be a private individual.

However in this instance, both parties will be in a private place that they have been admitted to by the airline under a contract of carriage. Does the passenger have a right to privacy and does the airline have any liability if they have given implied permission by not stopping the passenger filming?
That happens all the time. Just because someone brings a case it doesn’t mean they have a legally enforceable point. The ICO struggle to deal with issues generated by business, so would have no chance dealing with issues created by individuals. It would be completely unmanageable not to mention the likelihood of Joe Bloggs even knowing what a SAR is let alone how to comply with it if he receives one. Lots of private properties have security cameras not to mention ring doorbells nowadays. Of course everyone has a mobile phone as well. I’m sure there will be more cases saying these breach privacy laws but no one could possibly govern their use by individuals.

Eastern could not stop a passenger from filming. They could have them removed if it’s in their T&Cs but not stop it’s use.
Rivet Joint is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 07:08
  #144 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,117
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E190 and ATR reportedly heading out to TAP for six months lease - with Jota gone, 2Excel will be busy on Premier League charters!
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 13:11
  #145 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Diss, UK
Age: 49
Posts: 677
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
E190 and ATR reportedly heading out to TAP for six months lease - with Jota gone, 2Excel will be busy on Premier League charters!
Tbf Loganair do alot nowadays too
NickBarnes is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2022, 22:58
  #146 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 194
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
E190 and ATR reportedly heading out to TAP for six months lease - with Jota gone, 2Excel will be busy on Premier League charters!
E190 is now back at Southampton, im guessing the Lease to TAP has been cancelled?
allan1987 is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2022, 22:18
  #147 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Winchester
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think it was needed back to cover for a constant ATR unavailability...it has been deployed daily on some of the SOU - BHD or SOU - DUB schedules since it returned.
gkmeech is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2022, 23:11
  #148 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: uk
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the ATR and the ERJ 190 have gone to TAP after all
rhutch28 is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2022, 23:20
  #149 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 393
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the ATR and the ERJ 190 have gone to TAP after all
Correct. ERJ recalled to cover ATR fleet issues. ATR should have commenced ops 01 Jul, delayed until 18 Jul
jethro15 is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.