Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

TUI airways-2

Old 19th Mar 2023, 11:12
  #1041 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 822
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smudge's Lot
This shows what happens if you misbehave on a long haul flight that flies over the USA....

https://www.justice.gov/usao-me/pr/b...t-diverted-bgr


Good riddance and good luck getting a holiday very soon....
Excellent news - thanks for sharing! This needs more publicity.
Cloud1 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2023, 15:44
  #1042 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a walk around EMA this morning and SmartLynx YL-LDU was being moved into hangar. Is this frame the muted summer based A320 for TUI?
anthbower1234 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2023, 16:00
  #1043 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anthbower1234 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2023, 20:12
  #1044 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle to Montego Bay diversion

Does anyone know the reason for todays Newcastle to Montego Bay diverting to Melbourne, Florida please?
SJL26779 is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 16:28
  #1045 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 83
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Share price

Anyone know what’s going on with TUI share price today?
chuzwuza is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 16:31
  #1046 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,675
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by chuzwuza
Anyone know what’s going on with TUI share price today?
Would this have anything to do with the current raising of capital ? Existing shareholders lose out, but the debt to the German Govt is paid off, corporate debt is reduced, balance sheet will be more robust and the company as a whole should be in a better place
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 16:37
  #1047 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Posts: 1,092
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you are right - new shares issued, which has meant a devaluation/dilution of the existing shares.
toledoashley is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 07:59
  #1048 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Gateshead
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SJL26779
Does anyone know the reason for todays Newcastle to Montego Bay diverting to Melbourne, Florida please?
Take on fuel, was originally planned to fly to Shannon for fuel uplift.
Dispatchdude is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2023, 11:56
  #1049 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn’t see that coming! Should’ve stuck to Jet2. You live and learn.....
toon22 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 15:23
  #1050 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 66
Posts: 845
Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
TUI 787 bases UK

Would anyone know the winter and summer bases for the TUI 787's please?

TIA.

Also last year Matt995 kindly had and posted a plog for the whole summer TUI Flight TT - do you have one for this year yet >?

Cheers
rog747 is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2023, 23:28
  #1051 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Would anyone know the winter and summer bases for the TUI 787's please?

TIA.

Also last year Matt995 kindly had and posted a plog for the whole summer TUI Flight TT - do you have one for this year yet >?

Cheers
sorry not got around to working on the TUI flights in full yet, I do have the Birmingham timetable for the summer, the base is 1 B789, 2 B788s, 3 B7M8s, 3 B738s, & also 2 Sunwing B738's. 1 of the B788 will position to Bristol to operate their Orlando & Cancun flights on Wednesdays & Thursdays.
Matt995 is offline  
Old 2nd Apr 2023, 11:09
  #1052 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like similar to last summer at least 2 aircraft will be operating Gatwick flights on behalf of TUI from South Terminal. Seat maps show A320, is this likely to be Avion or Titan again?
LAX2000 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 13:06
  #1053 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 113
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smartlynx possibly
SJL26779 is offline  
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 21:29
  #1054 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX2000
Looks like similar to last summer at least 2 aircraft will be operating Gatwick flights on behalf of TUI from South Terminal. Seat maps show A320, is this likely to be Avion or Titan again?
Gatwick is showing at least 2 Avion Express Malta A320's and 1 Titan A320 operating from South Terminal for the summer

Matt995 is offline  
Old 5th Apr 2023, 18:32
  #1055 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 217
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it not possible to add advanced passenger information via the TUI app?
Their website is so slowwwwwww!!
MANFAN is offline  
Old 6th Apr 2023, 00:30
  #1056 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: GB
Posts: 241
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 is the answer. Use Aer Lingus for all your Barbados and Disney needs.
laviation is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2023, 13:45
  #1057 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Northern ireland
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently looking into the different airlines for trying to get aboard- obviously aware of the MPL assessment underway for TUI and that this may well be their in route from now on but worth doing the research anyway- I am based in Northern Ireland and although by no means fixed to this location, I was wondering if anyone working for TUI could let me know is there a base in Belfast? From the research I have done online sometimes this says that it is seasonal- what does that mean? Are there pilots based there during this time and then based elsewhere the rest of the year? Or is the Belfast base just covered on a roster from other bases?

I have also read in a number of different places that pilots are required to live 60 minutes away from their base? Can anyone confirm if this is the case also?
selbrown06 is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2023, 17:42
  #1058 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: heathrow
Posts: 294
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TUI website/app badly needs attention and updating. I booked seats and special meal in premium only to find the next time I checked they had disappeared and booked by someone else.
Then booking to Madeira no indication flight was EZY until after payment made. Customer services refused to believe me even when I had screenshots of booking screen.
Not sure they will do anything until they get some decent competition on Gatwick holidays.
cjhants is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2023, 18:03
  #1059 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,532
Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by selbrown06
I am currently looking into the different airlines for trying to get aboard- obviously aware of the MPL assessment underway for TUI and that this may well be their in route from now on but worth doing the research anyway- I am based in Northern Ireland and although by no means fixed to this location, I was wondering if anyone working for TUI could let me know is there a base in Belfast? From the research I have done online sometimes this says that it is seasonal- what does that mean? Are there pilots based there during this time and then based elsewhere the rest of the year? Or is the Belfast base just covered on a roster from other bases?

I have also read in a number of different places that pilots are required to live 60 minutes away from their base? Can anyone confirm if this is the case also?
The Belfast base being seasonal means it is summer only, and usally consists of aircraft and crew brought in on lease - from Canada in recent years
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 7th Apr 2023, 19:02
  #1060 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,601
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
The Belfast base being seasonal means it is summer only, and usally consists of aircraft and crew brought in on lease - from Canada in recent years
BFS is Sunwing aircraft and pilots crewed seasonally by TUI crew for about 12 weeks. It's difficult to get to work in I understand. Emerald, easyJet and Ryanair have all been recruiting locally to my knowledge for crew and I'm sure Jet2 will soon enough if not already.
mart901 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.