Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Stansted-4

Old 13th Jul 2022, 08:34
  #541 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,855

daz211 is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2022, 09:55
  #542 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 4,897
Ryanair thought to be in discussions with Graz airport over a route to London, presumably Stansted
https://aviation.direct/en/nach-lang...ueber-comeback
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2022, 11:47
  #543 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Stansted Airport
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by daz211 View Post
It was such a long time ago whilst under BAA, there was a exhibition in the staff canteen in the under Croft.
Look at a birds eye image and you can see, replace the older cargo terminal the TNT one, replace with a satellite building
build new cargo building the other side of the FedEx apron.
sorry there was no camera phones back in the day 😬
A very outdated rumour then.
STN406 is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 08:50
  #544 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,855
Indeed, but an obvious location when you look at it and I’m sure the plans from way back were done for a reason, so when the time comes it would still be a viable location.
daz211 is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 08:59
  #545 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 6,612
Originally Posted by daz211 View Post
Indeed, but an obvious location when you look at it and Iím sure the plans from way back were done for a reason, so when the time comes it would still be a viable location.
So the next question is where does the freight go - and which would make more money?
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 11:09
  #546 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,855
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
So the next question is where does the freight go - and which would make more money?
freight went in the blue area, everything moved left.
daz211 is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2022, 20:26
  #547 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 383
I don't think the airport owns the land which the cargo sheds occupy.
I'm sure they could buy it but I bet the current owners would extract a hefty price.
Sat 4 seems a cheaper choice right now
commit aviation is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2022, 12:04
  #548 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Stansted Airport
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by commit aviation View Post
I don't think the airport owns the land which the cargo sheds occupy.
I'm sure they could buy it but I bet the current owners would extract a hefty price.
Sat 4 seems a cheaper choice right now
The cargo area wonít be converted into a a Satellite. It would only have one operational side on the Alpha cul d sac and would have no easy link to the terminal. Much more sense to build in SAT4
STN406 is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2022, 15:23
  #549 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,855
Originally Posted by STN406 View Post
The cargo area wonít be converted into a a Satellite. It would only have one operational side on the Alpha cul d sac and would have no easy link to the terminal. Much more sense to build in SAT4
Of cause satellite 4 would come before satellite 5.
Do not rule out the location of satellite 5, even though it was a while back the plans were there.
also the TTS already goes but does not stop to the cargo area in question so no issues with transportation to and from satellite 5.



daz211 is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2022, 16:38
  #550 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 383
I don't know where that map came from but it doesn't go as far as the cargo sheds. It turns under the Alpha cul de sac.
commit aviation is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2022, 16:59
  #551 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Stansted Airport
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by daz211 View Post
Of cause satellite 4 would come before satellite 5.
Do not rule out the location of satellite 5, even though it was a while back the plans were there.
also the TTS already goes but does not stop to the cargo area in question so no issues with transportation to and from satellite 5.

The TTS does not loop round under the cargo area. Like mentioned above it loops under the Alpha cul d sac.
Also TTS is built up to SAT3 and what would be SAT4. But no stations where actually built and track only running up to SAT3 with an empty tunnel after that towards what would be SAT4
Seriously where do or are you getting your information?
We wonít have a SAT5 as a second terminal would be built before then and the connecting Satellite buildings or piers would be renamed.
STN406 is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2022, 18:06
  #552 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,855
Originally Posted by STN406 View Post
The TTS does not loop round under the cargo area. Like mentioned above it loops under the Alpha cul d sac.
Also TTS is built up to SAT3 and what would be SAT4. But no stations where actually built and track only running up to SAT3 with an empty tunnel after that towards what would be SAT4
Seriously where do or are you getting your information?
We wonít have a SAT5 as a second terminal would be built before then and the connecting Satellite buildings or piers would be renamed.
Ok calm down I never said it was definitely happening, I said back in the day BAA, there was an examination in the staff restaurant in the under Croft and it was in the plans.
If the TTS map is incorrect does anyone have a correct one ? I was u dear the impression that the TTS turned at a junction and there was/is a straight ahead that is not in use.
daz211 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2022, 00:52
  #553 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Stansted Airport
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by daz211 View Post
Ok calm down I never said it was definitely happening, I said back in the day BAA, there was an examination in the staff restaurant in the under Croft and it was in the plans.
If the TTS map is incorrect does anyone have a correct one ? I was u dear the impression that the TTS turned at a junction and there was/is a straight ahead that is not in use.
But you are quoting information that is vastly outdated and irrelevant to the current airport.
Though these may have been ideas from the past they are not current.

Yes TTS does have a straight line itís between SAT2 Stations and what would be SAT3 Stations. It has a crossover past SAT2 to switch to the other track.
Unfortunately I donít have a map I could supply to an open group.
STN406 is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2022, 17:07
  #554 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Posts: 216
I believe the proposed new terminal + Sat 4 may look something like this...




OpsSix is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2022, 17:54
  #555 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Stansted Airport
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by OpsSix View Post
I believe the proposed new terminal + Sat 4 may look something like this...


I have heard the same sort of thing. It would be a similar layout to this.
The arrivals terminal has apparently been totally scrapped and designs and plans for a second terminal are happening now. From what I hear by the end of summer plans should be released.
STN406 is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2022, 21:25
  #556 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 900
Originally Posted by STN406 View Post
I have heard the same sort of thing. It would be a similar layout to this.
The arrivals terminal has apparently been totally scrapped and designs and plans for a second terminal are happening now. From what I hear by the end of summer plans should be released.
Was never keen on the separate departures/arrivals terminals. Plus the design of the arrivals terminal just didnít fit with the current one. Letís hope itís better split as two separate terminals and the current terminal shoreline check-in is finished.
pamann is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2022, 21:39
  #557 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K
Posts: 733
If the new MAN T2 extension is anything to go by, don’t expect any architectural delights, keep your expectations low.
The96er is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2022, 23:28
  #558 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 900
Originally Posted by The96er View Post
If the new MAN T2 extension is anything to go by, donít expect any architectural delights, keep your expectations low.
I wouldnít be surprised if the Ďnew terminalí was to be exclusively Ryanair if the location is to be correct. It is conveniently located next to Sat 3 and the area where Sat 4 would go. Iíd therefore guess itíll have a more low cost feel to it. But you never know.
pamann is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 06:10
  #559 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Between the flower pots
Posts: 350
So could be built to a Ryanair specification of tarmac floors instead of tiles and just openings instead of windows.
Pain in the R's is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2022, 10:02
  #560 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 900
Originally Posted by Pain in the R's View Post
So could be built to a Ryanair specification of tarmac floors instead of tiles and just openings instead of windows.
Probably a tin shed without windows. Might as well borrow the blueprint from Luton.
pamann is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.