Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Loganair-3

Old 1st Nov 2022, 11:52
  #181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: 41000ft
Posts: 253
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall View Post
Surely you'd have to take off the operating costs of the contract and charter flying - this assumes you'd still be doing all of the flying and incurring the costs even with no revenue, which logically no-one would do? From a quick read, I don't think it's possible to come up with any meaningful analysis, which is probably exactly why the accounts are presented in the way they are!
Fair points. I was hoping the accounts would have broken down their revenue by charter / freight work and pax.
cavokblues is offline  
Old 1st Nov 2022, 18:51
  #182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,716
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presumably the contract flying includes patient transport under an NHS contract. This will be on normal scheduled services.
inOban is offline  
Old 1st Nov 2022, 20:28
  #183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,716
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganair are terminating services between Edinburgh and Derry from January 3, citing rising fuel costs and competition from LCCs from Belfast. Increasing flights from Derry to Glasgow.
inOban is offline  
Old 1st Nov 2022, 21:14
  #184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,153
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban View Post
Loganair are terminating services between Edinburgh and Derry from January 3, citing rising fuel costs and competition from LCCs from Belfast. Increasing flights from Derry to Glasgow.
Which makes no sense?
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 2nd Nov 2022, 12:47
  #185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe View Post
Which makes no sense?
Makes sense to consolidate into one route to be honest, Glasgow has stronger historical and cultural links to the northwestern part of Ulster & Ireland.
The Glenshane Pass is still a pain in the rear end in the winter!
tallaonejuliet is offline  
Old 2nd Nov 2022, 23:55
  #186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cavokblues View Post
The full accounts are up on Companies House.

Some bits from it:

LF is 47%,
910,119 scheduled pax carried.
Contract and charter work makes up 20% of their turnover.
Gross profit £17.8m

Some very crude analysis - if you take the 20% from contract and charter work off their turnover then scheduled flying is losing them quite a bit of money. No contract and charter work and that £17.8m gross profit becomes a £14.5m loss.

They're making revenue per pax of about £142, which is to be commended.
How is the part time Accountancy job going?
runway30 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 08:22
  #187 (permalink)  
Fit like min?
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ...
Posts: 2,106
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOG to acquire up to 8 ATRs (doesn't say split between 42/72 unless I've missed it) to replace the remaining 8 Saab 340Bs, which seem to have been sold/disposed stateside over the coming months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...iness-63503449
Richard Taylor is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 09:33
  #188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,153
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. I was sure someone said the ATRs were unable to have the capability like for like with the Saabs for eg crosswind landings. Perhaps they have now revised after a few years experience. Wonder what will ultimately replace the Embs
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 10:28
  #189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The North
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe View Post
Interesting. I was sure someone said the ATRs were unable to have the capability like for like with the Saabs for eg crosswind landings. Perhaps they have now revised after a few years experience. Wonder what will ultimately replace the Embs
Initially thought the same but the ATR 42 actually has a higher crosswind limit than the Saab. 42knots vs 35knots if I remember correctly, I was quite surprised!
geardown1 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 11:03
  #190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 397
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Taylor View Post
LOG to acquire up to 8 ATRs (doesn't say split between 42/72 unless I've missed it) to replace the remaining 8 Saab 340Bs, which seem to have been sold/disposed stateside over the coming months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...iness-63503449
Isnít a bit odd to commit to such a substantial investment a very short time after putting the business up for sale? What if potential new owners see a different way forward?
Tonyq is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 11:37
  #191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how "new" these 8 will be. The previous batch were not much newer than the aircraft they were replacing.
gham89 is online now  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 12:29
  #192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonyq View Post
Isnít a bit odd to commit to such a substantial investment a very short time after putting the business up for sale? What if potential new owners see a different way forward?
My understanding is that they want an owner who will maintain Loganair's position as a provider of essential air services in Scotland.

By deciding on fleet renewal before disposal they are indicating that if you want to be the custodian of this business you will follow our plan because our plan is best.
runway30 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 12:42
  #193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 122
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's more likely that this has been the plan for some time and only being made public now. You don't pull together an entire sale of the Saab 340s and lease replacement ATRs in the space of a couple of weeks.

Operating crosswind limit on the 42s is the same as the 340 at 35kts. 72 is 27kts on a wet runway.
Saabdriver1 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 13:12
  #194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saabdriver1 View Post
It's more likely that this has been the plan for some time and only being made public now. You don't pull together an entire sale of the Saab 340s and lease replacement ATRs in the space of a couple of weeks.

Operating crosswind limit on the 42s is the same as the 340 at 35kts. 72 is 27kts on a wet runway.
Saabdriver, I absolutely agree with you, the fleet renewal plan should have been in progress for some time. However the timing of the sale wasn't forced on the owners, that is entirely their decision.
runway30 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 13:16
  #195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 931
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganair said they didnít expect a sale until much later next year so itís not unreasonable to continue running the carrier as normal in the meantime. Any new buyer would do their due diligence and be aware of any commitments the carrier has made before making their decision on whether or not to purchase.
BA318 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 14:50
  #196 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,601
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post
Loganair said they didnít expect a sale until much later next year so itís not unreasonable to continue running the carrier as normal in the meantime. Any new buyer would do their due diligence and be aware of any commitments the carrier has made before making their decision on whether or not to purchase.
Since the current owners of Loganair don't need to sell, they want to sell, so they should be able to be picky as regards who buys the business, and could take into account not just the best price, but what is also best for the business, its customers and its employees so carrying forward their current strategy appears a thoroughly sensible move.

It is to be hoped that the sale doesn't wind up being to "vulture" capitalists or a private equity firm, again particularly for the well being and employment security of the staff.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 15:23
  #197 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 713
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many seats does the loganair ATR42 have and is it a 1 cabin crew or 2 cabin crew that loganair have operating on the ATR42

Thanks

fjencl is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 15:53
  #198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fjencl View Post
How many seats does the loganair ATR42 have and is it a 1 cabin crew or 2 cabin crew that loganair have operating on the ATR42

Thanks
Crew: 2 pilots 1 cabin crew

Capacity: 48

Seat pitch: 30in

Range: 825mi 1326km

Cruise speed: 350mph 563km/h

runway30 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2022, 21:32
  #199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,158
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Saabdriver1 View Post
It's more likely that this has been the plan for some time and only being made public now. You don't pull together an entire sale of the Saab 340s and lease replacement ATRs in the space of a couple of weeks.

Operating crosswind limit on the 42s is the same as the 340 at 35kts. 72 is 27kts on a wet runway.
Didn't British World have some operational issues with their ATR72 when operating into Shetland? Or was this mainly a Scatsta issue?
virginblue is offline  
Old 10th Nov 2022, 14:01
  #200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,120
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://apple.news/ArLCfRmGQR5axqpm4VH3o-A
DC3 Dave is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.