Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-6

Old 9th Jan 2022, 19:43
  #441 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nearer home than before!
Posts: 521
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daz, it's the 737-800 that don't have windows at some of the seats. This is due to the uprisers from the air conditioning packs under the floor. There are two blank window spaces on the left and one on the right, I've sat there once but I can't remember which row it is. Either way you can still look out the one in front or behind from that seat. The 757 is laid out differently so doesn't have this issue.
RVF750 is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2022, 08:07
  #442 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,861
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are there no seats behind these gaps, maybe it’s the partitions 🤔
daz211 is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2022, 18:16
  #443 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 250
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 Airbus A321-211, G-HLYA, performed it's first revenue flight today from Man - Tfs(LS755) at 11:15.


garry8g is offline  
Old 25th Jan 2022, 11:05
  #444 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bury
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A330

Air tanker A330 just gone into Manchester as RRR860. Wonder if this is one of the ones for Jet2 ? Would have thought it would have been a G-VYG reg though but it was ZZ337
Karl Denton is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2022, 07:13
  #445 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Wallsend
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl Denton View Post
Air tanker A330 just gone into Manchester as RRR860. Wonder if this is one of the ones for Jet2 ? Would have thought it would have been a G-VYG reg though but it was ZZ337
May be wrong but with a RAF callsign and registration I would doubt it is.
Wallsendmag is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2022, 07:55
  #446 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bury
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallsendmag View Post
May be wrong but with a RAF callsign and registration I would doubt it is.
Yeah it left an hour or so after. Hopefully Jet2s here soon
Karl Denton is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2022, 08:41
  #447 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Age: 37
Posts: 115
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2s /Air Tanker A330s will be civilian registered. Probably G-VYGL and G-VYGM that were previously used as they have a Jet2 interior.
The Flying Stool is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2022, 21:56
  #448 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 58
Posts: 2,730
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superpilot View Post
Can one of you friendly people check to see if Jet2 have plans to use SmartLynx out of STN next year? Thank you!
I know you asked about SmartLynx & STN, well you will see them at LGW for S22 but operating for EZY.
pabely is offline  
Old 26th Jan 2022, 22:27
  #449 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 58
Posts: 3,196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A321

Originally Posted by pabely View Post
I know you asked about SmartLynx & STN, well you will see them at LGW for S22 but operating for EZY.
The last time I checked BHX has a 220 seat aircraft based per the seat-map for a several flights in summer - Jet2, Titan or SmartLynx?

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 27th Jan 2022, 15:44
  #450 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 250
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A321's planned at present:-

Birmingham will have 1 or 2 SmartLynx A321's.

Stansted will have 2 Titan A321 and 1 HiFly A321.

The 3 Jet2 A321's will be Manchester based.
garry8g is offline  
Old 27th Jan 2022, 17:52
  #451 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Teesside
Posts: 423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I presume Jet2 are no longer bringing in their remaining 321ceos that they planned for in 19/20?

Were they not planning on 7?
P330 is offline  
Old 27th Jan 2022, 20:40
  #452 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Age: 37
Posts: 115
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The in house A321 fleet was reduced to 3 aircraft from the original 7 and are all now Manchester based. However, with the order for up to 75 A321NEOs and the first arriving in early 2023, they could be based anywhere really.
The Flying Stool is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2022, 10:58
  #453 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 281
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by garry8g View Post
Jet2 Airbus A321-211, G-HLYA, performed it's first revenue flight today from Man - Tfs(LS755) at 11:15.


Same for G-HLYB. First revenue service today 28/01 MAN - TFN LS755.
Flying Hi is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2022, 12:28
  #454 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Flying Stool View Post
The in house A321 fleet was reduced to 3 aircraft from the original 7 and are all now Manchester based. However, with the order for up to 75 A321NEOs and the first arriving in early 2023, they could be based anywhere really.
apparently the “in house” A321 fleet to rise to 5 this summer. The two additional currently showing based at BHX
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2022, 17:22
  #455 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Out of a bag
Posts: 601
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
apparently the “in house” A321 fleet to rise to 5 this summer. The two additional currently showing based at BHX
Up to 4x A321 this summer at BHX but ACMI rather than Jet2. Also up to 14x B738.
Flying Wild is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2022, 00:33
  #456 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Midlands
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
apparently the “in house” A321 fleet to rise to 5 this summer. The two additional currently showing based at BHX
This is what I'm seeing now aswell, looks to be very up in the air with alterations being made daily. There was a prior confirmation of 4x Smartlynx 321's but that seems to have maybe changed now to 2x in-house and 2x ACMI. If & where the other 2 company Airbus are coming from is yet to be seen.
SamuelDonuts is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2022, 16:13
  #457 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 159
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Wild View Post
Up to 4x A321 this summer at BHX but ACMI rather than Jet2. Also up to 14x B738.
Not sure what your source is but that would take Jet2 up to 18 aircraft for BHX making them the 2nd largest base. MAN the biggest - 3 A321, 11 B737-800, 7 B757-200 and 2 A330(from Tanker) (23 operating aircraft) and I doubt we'll see that large of a jump at BHX especially as this could be classed "as first season back" - all things been normal.

18 in a few years to come - can see it.

Also where are Jet2 getting extra 737-800's from? I don't see any extra additional ones to take them up to 14 737-800's at BHX. Between MAN/BHX they'd have 25 737-800's which is nearly 40% of their current fleet.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2022, 16:53
  #458 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 61
Posts: 949
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBAflyer22 View Post
Not sure what your source is but that would take Jet2 up to 18 aircraft for BHX making them the 2nd largest base. MAN the biggest - 3 A321, 11 B737-800, 7 B757-200 and 2 A330(from Tanker) (23 operating aircraft) and I doubt we'll see that large of a jump at BHX especially as this could be classed "as first season back" - all things been normal.

18 in a few years to come - can see it.

Also where are Jet2 getting extra 737-800's from? I don't see any extra additional ones to take them up to 14 737-800's at BHX. Between MAN/BHX they'd have 25 737-800's which is nearly 40% of their current fleet.
There are no more than 14 units at BHX in S22, hope to be proven wrong ?
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2022, 17:08
  #459 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Midlands
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m sorry in advance, I can’t give you my particular source, and everyone here has different numbers at the moment because of all the changes to the plan, but this is what I can see planned (and it has changed over the past week)

In regards to the post I made recently about BHX, the particular time period was early may and it was a based fleet made up of at least 12 units - 8x738, 2x321 (company), and 2x ACMI/Smartlynx. This is obviously not than peak summer, but doesn’t seem unrealistic either. We shall have to wait and see.

On the same days, there are 3x company A321’s scheduled out of MAN which suggests a company 321 fleet of 5. as well as the Tankers and 752’s. I didn’t count the total, but it’s a lot more still.
SamuelDonuts is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2022, 18:01
  #460 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamuelDonuts View Post
This is what I'm seeing now aswell, looks to be very up in the air with alterations being made daily. There was a prior confirmation of 4x Smartlynx 321's but that seems to have maybe changed now to 2x in-house and 2x ACMI. If & where the other 2 company Airbus are coming from is yet to be seen.
will probably be the originals GHLYD and GHLYE that were suppose to come. Currently there is 13 based units planned - 11 800’s and the 2 a321’s - no smartlynx showing at present.
irishlad06 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.