Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

EasyJet-5

Old 23rd Jul 2018, 18:45
  #441 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Manchester, England
Age: 58
Posts: 897
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The flight tracker on EZY’s website says:
Belfast - initially “We're sorry for the delay to your flight. This is because we had to make some changes to our flying program an earlier flight. This meant that the flight was delayed and will be late to arrive. We're working to minimise the delay where possible.”, then “We’re very sorry that your flight is cancelled. The crew on your flight have reached their maximum legal working hours as a result of a technical issue on an earlier flight that could unfortunately not be resolved.”

Berlin - “We're sorry for the delay to your flight. Your plane was delayed on an earlier flight it operated due to arrival restrictions because of congestion. This means it was held in a queue before landing. As a result it will be late to arrive for your flight. We’re working to minimise this delay where possible.” Then later “We’re very sorry that your flight is cancelled. The crew on your flight have reached their maximum legal working hours as a result of air traffic control restrictions on earlier flights. There are strict industry wide rules on the number of hours our crew is allowed to work.”

Vienna - “We're sorry for the delay to your flight. This is because we had to make some changes to our flying program and changed your plane on an earlier flight. This meant that the flight was delayed and will be late to arrive. We're working to minimise the delay where possible.” Then “We’re very sorry that your flight has now been delayed overnight. This is due to a crew welfare issue. As we do not have replacement crew this evening, we have had to delay your flight overnight.”

Oddly yesterday they also had a return to Olbia that operated with an EZY99xx flight number with a Gatwick based aircraft that positioned in/out to do it.

Curious Pax is online now  
Old 23rd Jul 2018, 19:27
  #442 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious Pax
The flight tracker on EZY’s website says:
Belfast - initially “We're sorry for the delay to your flight. This is because we had to make some changes to our flying program an earlier flight. This meant that the flight was delayed and will be late to arrive. We're working to minimise the delay where possible.”, then “We’re very sorry that your flight is cancelled. The crew on your flight have reached their maximum legal working hours as a result of a technical issue on an earlier flight that could unfortunately not be resolved.”

Berlin - “We're sorry for the delay to your flight. Your plane was delayed on an earlier flight it operated due to arrival restrictions because of congestion. This means it was held in a queue before landing. As a result it will be late to arrive for your flight. We’re working to minimise this delay where possible.” Then later “We’re very sorry that your flight is cancelled. The crew on your flight have reached their maximum legal working hours as a result of air traffic control restrictions on earlier flights. There are strict industry wide rules on the number of hours our crew is allowed to work.”

Vienna - “We're sorry for the delay to your flight. This is because we had to make some changes to our flying program and changed your plane on an earlier flight. This meant that the flight was delayed and will be late to arrive. We're working to minimise the delay where possible.” Then “We’re very sorry that your flight has now been delayed overnight. This is due to a crew welfare issue. As we do not have replacement crew this evening, we have had to delay your flight overnight.”

Oddly yesterday they also had a return to Olbia that operated with an EZY99xx flight number with a Gatwick based aircraft that positioned in/out to do it.

Lots of issues with the new NEOs at the moment which has had a knock on effect to a few flights
pabely is online now  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 11:01
  #443 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: EGCC
Age: 74
Posts: 979
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did say yesterday that I thought I would possibly drop an email to Ali Gayward at easyJet.

A prompt response has now been received and I'm happy to reproduce it in full. Hopefully the Manchester handling agent will get the message.

"You are probably aware that there have been huge levels of disruption across Europe once again this summer, leading to widespread delays and cancellations. This disruption has been caused by weather, and more significantly industrial action, especially in France. So far this year, French ATC strikes have increased by 300 per cent versus 2017. Last month, the French Senate confirmed that France alone is responsible for 33 per cent of flight delays in Europe.

The resulting delays across all of our network end up with crews out of base, working into their days off, and we use up all of our available standby crew and aircraft.

However, that said, we recognise that we rely on our ground handling agents and our app, to ensure customers are kept up to date about the status of their flights. The app should always contain the most up to date information, whilst informing crew at the gates, for example, can be a more manual process. At times of such widespread disruption, the cause of an individual flight’s disruption, when many other services are also impacted, can become unclear, especially given often a situation which is changing rapidly as spare crew or aircraft are being sought.

However, I will pass on your comments to our base team in Manchester and request that all is done in future to ensure that the most accurate information available is shared.

Kind regards,

Ali

ALI GAYWARD
UK Country Manager"
Scottie Dog is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 11:19
  #444 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 878
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottie Dog
I did say yesterday that I thought I would possibly drop an email to Ali Gayward at easyJet.

A prompt response has now been received and I'm happy to reproduce it in full. Hopefully the Manchester handling agent will get the message.

"You are probably aware that there have been huge levels of disruption across Europe once again this summer, leading to widespread delays and cancellations. This disruption has been caused by weather, and more significantly industrial action, especially in France. So far this year, French ATC strikes have increased by 300 per cent versus 2017. Last month, the French Senate confirmed that France alone is responsible for 33 per cent of flight delays in Europe.

The resulting delays across all of our network end up with crews out of base, working into their days off, and we use up all of our available standby crew and aircraft.

However, that said, we recognise that we rely on our ground handling agents and our app, to ensure customers are kept up to date about the status of their flights. The app should always contain the most up to date information, whilst informing crew at the gates, for example, can be a more manual process. At times of such widespread disruption, the cause of an individual flight’s disruption, when many other services are also impacted, can become unclear, especially given often a situation which is changing rapidly as spare crew or aircraft are being sought.

However, I will pass on your comments to our base team in Manchester and request that all is done in future to ensure that the most accurate information available is shared.

Kind regards,

Ali

ALI GAYWARD
UK Country Manager"
In short, lets blame the French!
stewyb is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2018, 14:52
  #445 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
Lots of issues with the new NEOs at the moment which has had a knock on effect to a few flights
What might these "issues" be? The latest NEO (G-UZHI) appears to have been "stuck" in Corfu on the 18th and 19th. Now it appears to be grounded in Lille - another aircraft having been sent in to take over.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2018, 18:33
  #446 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: london
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone please suggest me where I can find the exact number of U2's aircraft based in each base?
skintio is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 11:06
  #447 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Geneva
Age: 37
Posts: 407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skintio
Can anyone please suggest me where I can find the exact number of U2's aircraft based in each base?
I don ' t know where you can find this info but as CC based in GVA we have 14 based A/C + 1 spare A/C and if i'm not wrong we share this A/C with BSL
CCFAIRPORT is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 11:39
  #448 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Daws Heath Essex
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCFAIRPORT
I don ' t know where you can find this info but as CC based in GVA we have 14 based A/C + 1 spare A/C and if i'm not wrong we share this A/C with BSL
SEN has four.
Planespeaking is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 11:44
  #449 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Posts: 2,962
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LPL has 8
MAN has 12 (but confirmed for 17 in S19)
BRS has 15
LTN has 24?
LGW approx 71
PMI 3?
NCL 3
BFS 8?
LAX_LHR is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 12:04
  #450 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gurnard
What might these "issues" be? The latest NEO (G-UZHI) appears to have been "stuck" in Corfu on the 18th and 19th. Now it appears to be grounded in Lille - another aircraft having been sent in to take over.
I think that one had an unresponsive rudder, not good in only being weeks old!
pabely is online now  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 12:48
  #451 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 878
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skintio
Can anyone please suggest me where I can find the exact number of U2's aircraft based in each base?
Found this for S17 -

​​​​​​​Gatwick aprox. 60
Luton 21
Malpensa 21
Bristol 14
Geneva 13
Berlin 12
Manchester 11 (12 from July)
Basel 9
Paris (CDG) 9
Amsterdam 8 (base since 2015 but maybe EZY fastest growing base)
Edinburgh 8
Lyon 7 (I think one night stop in Bordeaux)
Stansted 7
Liverpool 7
Paris (Orly) 6
Belfast 5
Lisbon 5
Glasgow 4
Naples 4
Venice 4
Barcelona 4
Porto 3
Hamburg 3
Southend 3
Newcastle 3
Toulouse 3
Nice 3 - now 5 for S18
Mallorca (seasonal base) 3 - now 5 for S18
stewyb is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 13:09
  #452 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ballymena
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belfast is 6
True Blue is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 17:08
  #453 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In addition to the list above:

LGW cannot count anymore but more than 70 might be correct

LTN 24
TXL something about 19 currently but more to come until end of the year (aprox 25)
MXP could be down to 18?
SXF down to 10/11 due to shifting of capacity to TXL
BSL 11
AMS 9
NAP & VCE each 5
OPO 4
since April Hamburg based closed but Bordeaux new base with 3 based aircraft
Seljuk22 is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 17:14
  #454 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South West
Age: 35
Posts: 204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a list of the current based aircraft across the easyJet network.
I have included the A320NEOs (A32N) in the A320 numbers below. Currently there are A32N based in LGW, LTN, BRS, MAN, EDI and BOD.

Note - * indicates bases that have spare aircraft based which for the most part are not included in the numbers below.
--------------
LGW*
- Approx 65 (Incl new A321NEO // leased: 1x A321) incl. 3x that night-stop in INV, MAD, LIN
--------------
LTN*
- 24 (12x A319 / 12x A320)
--------------
MXP* - 23 (8x A319 / 15x A320) incl. 1x that night-stop in CTA
--------------
TXL* - 22 (6x A319 / 11x A320 // leased: 1x B462, 4x A320) incl. 6x that night-stop in DUS, MUC, FRA, STR, VIE, ZRH
--------------
BRS
- 15 (6x A319 / 9x A320)
--------------
GVA*
- 14 (6x A319 / 8x A320)
--------------
MAN
- 12 (3x A319 / 9x A320)
SXF* - 12 (7x A319 / 5x A320)
--------------
BSL
- 11 (4x A319 / 7x A320)
--------------
CDG
- 9 (9x A320)
AMS - 9 (3x A319 / 6x A320)
--------------
EDI
- 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320)
LPL - 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320)
--------------
VCE
- 7 (4x A319 / 3x A320)
LYS - 7 (5x A319 / 2x A320)
STN - 7 (6x A319 / 1x A320)
--------------
ORY
- 6 (6x A320)
BFS - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320)
NAP - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320)
--------------
NCE
- 5 (5x A320)
PMI - 5 (5x A320)
LIS - 5 (5x A319)
--------------
BCN
- 4 (4x A320)
OPO - 4 (4x A320)
GLA - 4 (2x A319 / 2x A320)
SEN - 4 (3x A319 / 1x A320)
TLS - 4 (4x A319)
--------------
BOD
- 3 (3x A320)
NCL - 3 (2x A319 / 1x A320)
--------------

Last edited by Severn; 1st Aug 2018 at 22:54.
Severn is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2018, 22:21
  #455 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
I think that one had an unresponsive rudder, not good in only being weeks old!
I think it has now gone back to TLS because the Airbus team at LIL could not fix it!
pabely is online now  
Old 31st Jul 2018, 08:35
  #456 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
I think it has now gone back to TLS because the Airbus team at LIL could not fix it!
Not good for a brand new a/c. According to Flight Radar it is still at LIL. Has it flown to TLS undetected?
Gurnard is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2018, 12:51
  #457 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gurnard
Not good for a brand new a/c. According to Flight Radar it is still at LIL. Has it flown to TLS undetected?
Ok not gone yet but will once they find someone willing to fly without tail rudder control 😱
pabely is online now  
Old 4th Aug 2018, 08:48
  #458 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
Ok not gone yet but will once they find someone willing to fly without tail rudder control 😱
Someone must have been willing... The a/c positioned LIL-LGW yesterday, evidently for further attention at the latter before a r.t.s.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 7th Aug 2018, 08:56
  #459 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

G-UZHI
The saga continues. Although it returned to service, the aircraft is u/s again, having turned back over Biscay this morning while flying LGW-FUE. Still rudder control problems or something else??
Gurnard is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2018, 07:47
  #460 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London
Posts: 2,962
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New routes announced today.

MAN-BUD
STN-TLV
LGW-AQJ
LGW-RVN
LGW-AAR
LGW-WAW
TXL-WAW
TXL-AQJ
GVA-WAW
BSL-WAW
CDG-PUF

Pau, Warsaw, Rovenemi and Aqaba are new airports for EasyJet.

may Be others but these are the ones I know of.
LAX_LHR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.