PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2018, 11:19
stewyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottie Dog
I did say yesterday that I thought I would possibly drop an email to Ali Gayward at easyJet.

A prompt response has now been received and I'm happy to reproduce it in full. Hopefully the Manchester handling agent will get the message.

"You are probably aware that there have been huge levels of disruption across Europe once again this summer, leading to widespread delays and cancellations. This disruption has been caused by weather, and more significantly industrial action, especially in France. So far this year, French ATC strikes have increased by 300 per cent versus 2017. Last month, the French Senate confirmed that France alone is responsible for 33 per cent of flight delays in Europe.

The resulting delays across all of our network end up with crews out of base, working into their days off, and we use up all of our available standby crew and aircraft.

However, that said, we recognise that we rely on our ground handling agents and our app, to ensure customers are kept up to date about the status of their flights. The app should always contain the most up to date information, whilst informing crew at the gates, for example, can be a more manual process. At times of such widespread disruption, the cause of an individual flight’s disruption, when many other services are also impacted, can become unclear, especially given often a situation which is changing rapidly as spare crew or aircraft are being sought.

However, I will pass on your comments to our base team in Manchester and request that all is done in future to ensure that the most accurate information available is shared.

Kind regards,

Ali

ALI GAYWARD
UK Country Manager"
In short, lets blame the French!