PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

flybar
17th Nov 2009, 20:50
Any ideas why Jet2 have six charters tomorrow - Wednesday - from Dublin to CDG?

rudolf
17th Nov 2009, 21:03
France v Republic of Ireland

Kick Off 2000

flybar
17th Nov 2009, 21:20
Thanks - missed that!!

Shiver me timbers!
17th Nov 2009, 21:45
Interim results for half year out on Thursday.

Does anyone care to make a prediction?

:ooh:

dwlpl
17th Nov 2009, 21:56
Yes, they will announce this new base of theirs.

EI-BUD
17th Nov 2009, 22:05
Announcing a new base...?

Can you imagine if they said Shannon!!!!:}, wouldn't MOL just love that.

fanrailuk
17th Nov 2009, 22:16
Are LS definately due to announce this new base on Thursday or is that an assumption?

heslop2006
17th Nov 2009, 22:35
If they announce a new base, I would takae a guess of it being either Glasgow or Liverpool ...

EGCC4284
17th Nov 2009, 22:39
East Midlands

dwlpl
17th Nov 2009, 22:42
Are LS definately due to announce this new base on Thursday or is that an assumption?

No a bit of fun, but stranger things have happened.

fanrailuk
17th Nov 2009, 23:24
Oh I do like a bit of fun, and yes, stranger things have happened!!

EGCC4284, EMA was announced as a base some time ago!! Both good for LS and EMA...and I'd guess against LPL (due EZY & FR) or GLA (due EZY & GSM) / PIK (due FR).

Should we think further south or not?

PP :p

aeulad
17th Nov 2009, 23:36
Oh not all this again. Apparently there will be no more new bases announced for next summer. Humberside and Norwich were the front runners, but this has all been cancelled. I would like to hope this is untrue, but I don't expect anything new.

Regards

Mike

pug
18th Nov 2009, 01:25
Unless they're increasing their fleet even more, very much doubt there will be another new base next year.

In the offchance that there is then my moneys on DUB... :ok:

goldeneye
18th Nov 2009, 05:43
What about BOH, Channel Express etc ...

Shiver me timbers!
18th Nov 2009, 09:44
I actually meant financial predictions :rolleyes:

Flitefone
18th Nov 2009, 10:10
Jet 2 is run prudently and without the legacy challenges of some (BA), so I would expect reasonably positive numbers this week, with a good dose of caution in the forecast.

Status quo in 2010 - no/or very low growth, consolidation of strong routes, chopping of poor performers and a robust defensive plan against FR at Leeds & EMA (routes that FR cannot serve as an Irish carrier from the UK)

Growth of Jet2 Holidays

Perhaps even a mention of new(er) aircraft for the future (B767?)

FF

AndyH52
19th Nov 2009, 08:27
Given current conditions probably not a bad performance though as yet there is no breakdown available to show how the individual components of Dart Group have performed

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/businessnews/Dart-Groups-profits-fall-in.5838815.jp

rpmac
19th Nov 2009, 09:28
Good to see Jet2 holding its own financially during these difficult times. Only about 18 months ago some were predicting its demise, e.g. Post 657 on this Forum suggested it was a corpse. The share price was well down. Some were prompted to speculate that maybe it would fall into the hands of Ryanair or EasyJet. There was talk about old aircraft and why would a LoCo buy 757's. Well 18 months on Ryanair and EasyJet are cutting and changing routes, Jet2 757,s seem well used, one off to New York from Newquay today I think, others doing Hajj duties to Saudia. Plus talk about 767's for Jet2. They appear to be doing okay as far as I can see which is good for the business, especially their bases and all those employed by them. They have come a long way in a short time.

Facelookbovvered
19th Nov 2009, 10:54
With out a post XL event and the flood of money from the CAA that comes with it, together with the arrival of Ruinair at its cash cow base at LBA i think for now they have reached their peak in term of returns.

Of course there are many loyal Jet2 customers who will re book and not look at Ryanair, but Ryanair adds are going up all over Yorkshire right now and with very low lead in prices. This wont kill Jet2 of course but what it will do is reduce pax volume going into 2010 when pax number due to unemployment are still expected to down.

220+ on a 757 is great 140 less so, do the math's (or math?) 186 on 737-900 v the same on a 757

The new contract T&C 70/30 will help cut cost over the Summer, at least whilst the job market is crap

ncleflights
19th Nov 2009, 18:20
facelookbovvered - whilst Ryanair growth at Leeds may hamper possible revenues at Leeds for LS it is worth bearing in mind that should the gowing get tough for them at Leeds they can grow from three other bases - Newcastle, Manchester and Blackpool. These 3 existing bases are all airports that have not been willing to play ball with Ryanair when they have come a knocking and demanded low airport costs. Yes I do recognise any expansion from Blackpool is limited but still room for minor expansion.

EuroChallenger
20th Nov 2009, 18:08
Hi

Does anyone know when the Jet2 winter 2010 flights are on sale? I am after about 20 seats to Tenerife split from Blackpool and Manchester.

Facelookbovvered
20th Nov 2009, 19:01
That will help no doubt, but i suspect that rather more than 70% of the their passenger operation profits flow from Leeds, they face competion from IT operators at both MAN & NCL that they don't at LBA.

Ryanair are a slick operation and it will only be a matter of time before their Med based units start turning up at LBA even if there is only 4 or 5 based units the number of rotations will quickly drawf that of Jet2 and the their 737's can land cat 3 (R32) unlike Jet2 757's

No doubt the good people of Yorkshire will vote with their wallet

ic1
30th Nov 2009, 23:53
"their 737's can land cat 3 (R32) unlike Jet2 757's"

The 757 can land cat3b! When we first got the 757, autolands where done at leeds, especially during line training, but due to the topography of the runway it was decided that it was best not to!! The airline used its head. Gypsy airways can do what it wants but I bet cat3 will be a worry for them and autolands will not be allowed!

Plus the yorkshire mass look after their own and will soon get tired of the rude, over priced chavs destroying the airline world!

Facelookbovvered
1st Dec 2009, 07:10
1st post? OK

Cat 3 has to be an Autoland and yes its the topography that causes the problem, Ryanair would not even have looked at LBA with out Cat 3 given LBA's morning weather (not just in winter either) problems, so if it gets below 550m the 757 are off elsewhere, The Jet2 classic fleet is not effected.

Leeds folk loyal to Jet2? erm their wallets maybe, remember Ryanair do what it says on the tin fly cheaper with few tech issues or delays, perhap we should revisit this in September 2010

737 Speedbrakes
1st Dec 2009, 12:20
Any problems, Ryanair will cancel a flight. Jet2.com will always go out of their way to ensure the flight still runs. Period.

bluepilot
1st Dec 2009, 13:41
quote 737 speedbrakes "Any problems, Ryanair will cancel a flight. Jet2.com will always go out of their way to ensure the flight still runs. Period. "

just to add to that, Ryanair will cancel the flight and tell the passengers tuff luck! re-book and claim on your insurance! Whilst Jet2 will help the passenger whenever it can by either re-routing the flight, hotel accom, overground transport (bus) etc.

Ryanair is getting a dreadful reputation with passengers, I certainly would not be investing any money in ryanair shares as the future due to their arrogance doesnt look good!

MUFC_fan
1st Dec 2009, 15:35
Perhaps before you board your Ryanair or Jet2 flight you should request the flying hours of the flightcrew operating the aircraft.

I suspect the overall level of flying experience of a Jet2 crew will be higher than that of a Ryanair crew.

I doubt there are many FO's in jet2 with less than 2-3000 hours.
What % of the ryanair flights have an FO with 200-1000 hours total?

For young pilots, U2 and FR are better than most as they are still recruiting across Europe.

As for the relevance within this thread, is it? We don't want to get onto commenting on the experience of crews as this can lead to safety etc. which is a very touchy subject and I can see someone making a silly comment against Ryanair concerning their safety, which I may add is one of the safest in the skies.

MUFC_fan
1st Dec 2009, 16:40
Ryanair ARE going to undercut Jet2 on price as they have a massive war chest (£2 billion+)

It is nothing to do with their war chest. The main reason for being able to undercut competitors is mainly because of:

Economies of scale - large fleet, large employee base and huge passenger numbers
Superb deals for the airline on both new aircraft and airport contracts
New aircraft
Ancillary charges
Ultra high efficiency levels - if in operation, planes spend little time on the ground

I have neighbours who are already defecting from flying Jet2 and booking with Easy/Monarch/Ryanair as Jet2 prices are getting expensive.!

I agree! I think their fares are rising quite quickly - they ain't cheap! I think it has a lot to do with the Jet2Holidays taking a number of seats on the planes and these will probably consist of quite a number of the lowest fares.

A300BOY
5th Dec 2009, 22:46
Question for you Jet 2 B757 crews, We are Cat 3A on the Airbus A300 needing200m Rvr and 50ft Radar Alt decision height for an approach however if the weather is sufficient for Cat 2 minima we can take a Cat 2 with limits of 300m Rvr and 100ft Radar Alt and make a manual landing if the Autoland is an issue could you not do the same or is this a training issue.

EuroChallenger
11th Dec 2009, 11:37
2 x seats to Palma and return from Doncaster, total cost £181.28, with EasyJet

Jet2 from Leeds to Palma was £362.90 before payment fees. No prizes for guessing where a loyal Jet2 customer has gone.

Outward DSA - PMI 11/09/10 and return 25/09/10 - same dates used ex Leeds with Jet2.

ILS32
11th Dec 2009, 12:09
Euro Challenger

I don't no where you were looking for those fares.
If you book now on jet2 for those dates,outbound £29.99 each and £7.99 inbound.
If you add all the extra fees etc will still be cheaper from Leeds.
Are you by any chance employed by DSA?

ILS32

dwlpl
11th Dec 2009, 12:20
Tried those dates above and found that Jet2 wants £330.92 and EZY wants £181.28.

POL1W
11th Dec 2009, 13:03
This is a pointless exercise quoting fares with one airline against another. Everyone knows these fares vary every day and sometimes several times a day, depending on how the bookings are going. Jet2s fares have been on sale weeks and will have several hundred bookings taken on them by now, therefore the yield management will have pushed the fares up. EasyJet have been on sale 24 hours from DSA. They need to get established. They will dump seats as a starter loss leader to get themselves known and that they are in the market at DSA. Check the fares again after Christmas. My guess is the difference will be negligible.

paully
11th Dec 2009, 17:00
And you dont get treated like a suspect villain if you turn up with a car at Donny, then you get to fly in a new shiny Airbus...:D

EuroChallenger
12th Dec 2009, 19:30
Hi

No I don't work at Donny. My money has gone on the EasyJet flights though!

Jet2 was cheaper from Blackpool or Manchester than Leeds, but no where near EasyJet's prices.

lbalad
2nd Jan 2010, 23:53
Anyone know what today's flight from MAN-FLL is for?.

A 757 would have to make a fuel stop en route I presume?

Shed-on-a-Pole
3rd Jan 2010, 00:39
Fort Lauderdale is one of the primary US departure ports for cruise ship voyages around the Caribbean. One-off flight charters usually link up with the itinerary of a specific cruise ship. That is the most likely explanation for the flight in question.

MUFC_fan
3rd Jan 2010, 06:36
I would guess it is a cruise.

I don't think it would need to make a stop. AA used to fly a daily MAN-MIA schedule on the 757 during the summer months which flew non-stop.

plasticAF
3rd Jan 2010, 07:19
MUFC

has an intersting routing, from two places in europe to manchester to gander THEN florida. Not quite direct

Ringwayman
3rd Jan 2010, 09:40
AA's MAN-MIA was initially a daily 767 for November to March then got reduced to something like daily for 3 months the following year and then furuther reduced to a 3 or 4 weekly service for 3 months the year after.

Mr @ Spotty M
3rd Jan 2010, 09:47
I understand it is taking a ships crew, not pax.

RingwaySam
3rd Jan 2010, 09:54
Anyone know what today's flight from MAN-FLL is for?.

A 757 would have to make a fuel stop en route I presume?

It will be stopping in Gander

habs_fan
3rd Jan 2010, 09:59
cruise charter maybe?

MUFC_fan
3rd Jan 2010, 10:08
plastic AF,

It IS direct, however not non-stop, maybe due to high passenger configuration.

My mistake, the MIA service was a 763. The 757-200 is capable of MAN-MIA however would need to be in a two-class configuration. Delta's 75X's have 184 seats, AA 182 and CO 175. I would make a guess that these aircraft would make the 3763nm route.

TheMaskedDispatcher
4th Jan 2010, 08:01
More and larger hand-baggage allowance? Seems crew are now being made to leave their bags in the hold whilst pax can now take more and LARGER handbaggage. Only slight problem would seem to be that whilst the allowance has increased, has the cabin stowage been enlarged on the entire fleet to accomodate this change? If it hasnt then the volumetric disparity between 5 crew bags and 143 extra large handbags would seemt to indicate an awful lot of excess gate baggage becoming something of an 'issue'?

T-M-D

MUFC_fan
5th Jan 2010, 15:00
Blackpool is closed - does anyone know where the Alicante flight will head to? MAN is it's usual diversion airport but they have said they will not be accepting any diverts until 19:00 (obviously emergencies are exempt from this!).

I assume it will be LBA?

Tower1
5th Jan 2010, 15:16
mufc.

Flight put back until 9:00 tomorrow.Dept B/pool.
Regards
tower1

david1994
5th Jan 2010, 15:16
Due to significant snowfall today (Tuesday 5th January 2010) the operations at Blackpool International are currently suspended.

Passengers due to fly today have been transferred to tomorrow's flights.
Passenger and airline safety is of paramount importance and the airport will do all to ensure that safety is maintained.

A further decision about snow clearance on the airfield will take place at 1630 hours and will also take into account the weather forecasts for the rest of the evening and tomorrow morning.

We encourage all passengers flying to check with their airlines for the latest up to date information on their flights.

Further updates will follow and we thank you for your patience.
Blackpool International Airport

aeulad
5th Jan 2010, 21:50
Does anyone think that Humberside's chances of getting LS are now much reduced following flybe's new Malaga service? I was expecting an announcement concerning HUY and LS for summer 2011.

Regards

Mike

pug
6th Jan 2010, 01:18
Looks as though the AGP service is on behalf of a tour operator and not strictly a scheduled route. I cannot see it having any impact on Jet2 assuming they would be interested in basing at HUY. Even in BE offer more they could not reach the likes of TFS which are historicaly popular from HUY.

airhumberside
6th Jan 2010, 11:59
The new Flybe Malaga is very welcome but its a weekly EMB-195 operating for four months or so. If Jet 2 get 'put off' by that then I would be amazed.

If anything I would be more concerned that the airport put in less effort to get Jet 2, or that they try and insist they don't operate Malaga should they ever agree to a Jet 2 base.

HH6702
8th Jan 2010, 14:10
jet2 have now received G-GDFA
:ok:

IB4138
8th Jan 2010, 14:54
...from storage in Sofia...ex Seagle Air........originally an American West aircraft.

woofly31
8th Jan 2010, 15:05
Any sign of the new 757?

lbalad
8th Jan 2010, 15:41
Passed by the airport earlier,is the new aircraft not yet in Jet2 colours.Appeared to be a blue and white aircraft parked amongst the Jet2 aircraft,couldn't make it out from the road.

danielmellor
8th Jan 2010, 16:05
Maybe a New Livery :ok: ;)

flybar
8th Jan 2010, 17:39
I think you will find it is OE-IAD which was last used in a Blue & White Livery by Seagle Air

Evileyes
8th Jan 2010, 18:04
Spotting alert.

danielmellor
8th Jan 2010, 18:09
What ever happened with the European City Breaks From Belfast, I miss flying with Jet2 on The Cheap Fares, To Barcelona,Prague and Milan :ok:

what where the loads like on these routes and why did they stop them?

david1994
8th Jan 2010, 18:42
What ever happened with the European City Breaks From Belfast, I miss flying with Jet2 on The Cheap Fares, To Barcelona,Prague and Milan http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

what where the loads like on these routes and why did they stop them?

I believe BCN was stopped because EZY, EI do this route.

flybar
8th Jan 2010, 18:51
Spotting alert.

Not intended - just clearing up the confusion

lbalad
8th Jan 2010, 21:03
Thanks flybar,I think that comment was aimed at me not you!.

Won't bother asking anymore questions.Am not a spotter,don't own an anorak,never written a registration down ever,just an aviation enthusiast interested in my local airport/airline.

Time to get a new interest me thinks.Now where did I put that stamp album:=

Prestonian
9th Jan 2010, 08:37
lbalad

Don't be deterred - as one who is also interested in the fortunes of Jet2, I found your post to be interesting and relevant. After all they keep my local airport, BLK, going! In my opinion it was wrong of the Mod to take that swipe at you.

Back to the facts - I understood that Jet2 owned its aircraft outright, but from researching the registration history of the new one as outlined above, is it possible that this one is leased?

The Mod didn't take a swipe at anyone. Rather he was giving a gentle prod to all to get the thread out of the registration and liverly posts which, by PPRuNe definition, are firmly in the spotter realm, and back on track. This is neither a new nor a shocking policy. While we generally look the other way for 1-2 posts when they start gathering momentum we step in.

Note that flybars post 2858 below is an example of doing it right. Information that has a business impact, then out.

Lastly, don't take it personally as it certainly isn't intended that way.

Hey Prestonian: http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/248587-blackpool-2-a-post4804137.html#post4804137 ;)

Ian Brooks
9th Jan 2010, 08:58
Could it be bought in to cover maintenance of other aircraft or expected delays during
winter? If this is the case they would lease rather than buy

Ian B

RoyHudd
9th Jan 2010, 09:01
Spotters are fine; except when they are surmising about accidents that is. You'd be surprised how many ex-spotters fly heavy metal.

flybar
9th Jan 2010, 09:08
Jet2 moved to Leasing some time ago. The last 757 (LSAJ) is leased as is the ex BMI 737. Makes business sense in the current economic climate.

jayt
9th Jan 2010, 16:54
oh yes, keep up the good work nice to see another 22 year old specimen, ex Russian one this time. must have plenty of change out of that fiver.

habs_fan
10th Jan 2010, 18:46
whats wrong with Jet2 at EDI they seem to be taking major delays this weekend?

flybar
10th Jan 2010, 18:52
Chambery & Geneva been closed for extensive periods this weekend. Jet2 are heavily committed to both in the winter.
Not only Edinburgh and Jet2 affected.

Vuelo
19th Jan 2010, 09:08
Are rumours of Jet2 looking at LIS or OPO from MAN and LBA true?

Ernest Lanc's
20th Jan 2010, 21:58
Charter flight to Fort Lauderdale a first for the airline
Sunday 3rd January 2010 marked an exciting new venture for Jet2
with it’s first ever charter to Florida. The one off flight on behalf of a major Cruise operator to Fort Lauderdale picked 210 of the ships workers from Rome and Poland then flew via Manchester and Gander to its American destination.

So JET2 can make the journey to Miami with the aircraft they have.

luvly jubbly
20th Jan 2010, 23:16
As has already been stated, depending upon the upper winds, it might just be possible to do Florida direct. Most likely though there will be a stop in NE USA.
More often than not, B757s need to tech stop to Florida, but can usually get back to the UK direct.

LJ

righthandrule
21st Jan 2010, 00:45
Don't quote me but I think it routed via Manchester for crewing issues as it hopped around europe picking up passengers, and the same crew were unable to fly the full journey, a two sector jobby in Euro CTA then a hop over the pond is not fun for the crew! :} MAN-Miami is also pushing it, even for good old G-LSAB with her super duper pair of spoilers!

Mr @ Spotty M
21st Jan 2010, 04:37
Jet2 can fly to anywhere in the world with the a/c they have, it just depends on how many landing you have to make for fuel to reach your final destination.

theloudone
21st Jan 2010, 05:51
Maybe Jet2 can fly anywhere in the world, but how many times will the a/c go tech ! ?

lagerlout
21st Jan 2010, 07:41
..... all the time I am sure.... I mean its not like another airlines ever suffer tech problems!

Idiot ^^^^^^

purplehelmet
21st Jan 2010, 09:53
anyone know how many of 75s are etops? also i know ab and ac have winglets fitted already but are the rest of the fleet ear marked to be fitted with them aswell?
cheers ph.

uklad007
21st Jan 2010, 09:58
Ernest Lancs

I think it says in the article in your post it was routed via Manchester and Gander so assume they werent planning to go direct.

LBIA
21st Jan 2010, 15:36
Jet2 took delivery of additional Boeing 757-23N aircraft today. This one is ex ATA, American Trans Air, N517AT, C/N 27973.

It has already been registered G-LSAK as it arrived into Lasham this afternoon direct from the USA

simonchowder
21st Jan 2010, 15:59
I would have thought before jet 2 can start operating their old sheds on ETOPS sectors there going to have to get some decent engineering support from a airline thats already got ETOPS approval

Ernest Lanc's
21st Jan 2010, 16:01
I think it says in the article in your post it was routed via Manchester and Gander so assume they werent planning to go direct.
Fair point: But it's obvious a 757 won't reach Miami without a fuel stop. I was making the point that again JET2 are looking over the Atlantic - I might have phrased my post a little better.

Jet2krazey
21st Jan 2010, 16:07
AB and AC are both ETOPS aircraft as well as from what ive heard AK will be also!
As for winglets 2 more are to get these whilst on C checks soon, either AA or AE and AD, AK supposedly already has them! and also AD is to finally too get sprayed into full jet2 colours at same time! This is only what ive heard whilst at work tho! so will have to wait too see if true. :)

The cabin upgrades on the 757s are looking awsome aswell! the 1st to be finished is AG and another 7x aircraft to be finished by may 2010! They make the aircraft look brand new inside! Wish i could show the pictures but dont know how to transfere them onto here! :confused:

Mr @ Spotty M
21st Jan 2010, 16:33
Ernest Lanc's, Jet2 will look at any flights, the same as any other airline that operates charter flights will.
I am sure if Joe Blogs asked them to operate a flight to SYD and they could get the clearances and had the a/c available they would, the same as mine would.
So you see they are not necessarily looking at the Atlantic, but anywhere they can earn a buck or two.
Plus simonchowder, they have been operating ETOPS for over a year now.

aidoair
21st Jan 2010, 18:39
The cabin upgrades on the 757s are looking awsome aswell! the 1st to be finished is AG and another 7x aircraft to be finished by may 2010! They make the aircraft look brand new inside! Wish i could show the

I'm guessing they will keep G-LSAJ with the recaro seating? Maybe change the covering, but surely not worth changing those seats, I think they're great too ;)

purplehelmet
21st Jan 2010, 21:21
thanks jet2krazey. nice 2 see things at jet2 looking good:ok:
are you the same jet2krazey that posts on the cabin crew forum by any chance?

steve wilson
22nd Jan 2010, 05:49
I know that Jet2s fleet of Boeings are getting long in the tooth, but the airline does seem to attract a lot of bashing here on the forums because of serviceability issues. Does anyone here know what percentage of flights get away on time?

Thanks

Steve

OliWW
22nd Jan 2010, 08:02
FLIGHTONTIME.info has the stats for airlines punctuality, try that

Teevee
22nd Jan 2010, 09:37
"know that Jet2s fleet of Boeings are getting long in the tooth, but the airline does seem to attract a lot of bashing here on the forums ..."

Well, after last week allow me to rectify that somewhat. Flew to Prague last Friday and back on Sunday. Friday out 5 minutes late arrive 5 minutes early. Coming back I was mightily impressed. In spite of a late(ish) arrival into Prague by the a/c taking us back, all the snow (how do those airports manage it?) AND having to be de-iced at the end of the runway immediately prior to take-off, the old 737-300 (can't remember which - nice seats though!) managed it back just 20 minutes late. I just wish they (Jet2 and LKPR) had bloody e-mail addresses for compliments:ok::D

flybar
22nd Jan 2010, 16:28
I know that Jet2s fleet of Boeings are getting long in the tooth, but the airline does seem to attract a lot of bashing here on the forums because of serviceability issues.

The bashing comes from one or two individuals. Would suggest that they do not represent the majority!!

TSR2
22nd Jan 2010, 18:16
Generally the on time performance from Manchester seems to be pretty good. Every flight I have had with Jet2 has been on time.

theloudone
22nd Jan 2010, 19:30
Do i take it you work for J2 then ? if so, its not me who is the idiot :)

HiflierEK
22nd Jan 2010, 21:01
LOUDONE

Take it you havent been asked back for a summer contract !!!:D

elshiftsman
23rd Jan 2010, 06:05
just a rumble! 2 x 767 for LS! 1 MAN based.

simonchowder
23rd Jan 2010, 07:01
Ive flown with jet 2 from Manchester twice, and i have to say there were consistent ,on both occasions the aircraft cabins were in a dreadfull state and both suffered long tech delays

conti onepass
23rd Jan 2010, 07:55
ive flown jet2 6 times never had a problem with them, lovely cabin crew and cockpit crew, delayed 2 hours once but hey big deal, keep it going guys.

HH6702
23rd Jan 2010, 08:00
Anybody know when and where they are coming from?
So 1 based at man the other to be shared with leeds and ncl

habs_fan
23rd Jan 2010, 09:03
Theres a few 767s going spare that gsm had

757flyer
23rd Jan 2010, 16:59
simonchowder has been slagging jet2 consistantly over and over again..i mean just look at his posting history. Basicly if you look at his history its i love monarch and i hate jet2.

The jet2 757 cabins are being subject to a complete referb over the winter period, new bulkheads, carpets, seats, curtains etc and very smart they look too!

Spotter LBA
23rd Jan 2010, 20:38
Where did you hear of the two 767's for Jet2? We've had rumours of 767's for a long time now so do we take this again with a pinch of salt?

smudgethecat
23rd Jan 2010, 20:44
To be fair its not before time is it? the state of those 757 cabins is a disgrace.

lbia2008
23rd Jan 2010, 21:50
smudgethecat (http://www.pprune.org/members/98236-smudgethecat),

But they get you from A to B at a reasonable price. Want a lovely interior?? Pay BA/BMI prices!!

LPFR
24th Jan 2010, 04:58
Looking forward to see those new cabins. I guess they're planning to keep the 757's for another 5-10 years then? Cause I've heard somewhere (not sure if in this thread), that they were planning to retire AG, AH and AI (supposedly to go to FedEx). Anyway glad to know they'll be keeping 757's at all. Love those birds :ok:

cherrylock
24th Jan 2010, 09:54
Must agree with the knockers here, flew for the first time with jet 2 recently from MAN , i normally use the monarch ZB service but thought i would give jet 2 a try, big mistake, we suffered a long delay due to a technical fault, the aeroplane was in a awfull state, only one toilet working, no IFE, and the interior seemed to be held together with gaffer tape, crew were very friendly, but that in no way made up for the rest ,compared to monarch they are im afraid a shambles, never again.

Spotter LBA
24th Jan 2010, 10:03
From what I have read there was rumour that some of the 757's were to leave for scrap but from what I understand now they are here to stay.

smudgethecat
24th Jan 2010, 10:37
Best bet cherry lock, MON might be a bit more expensive but at least you know your going to get there and the aircraft wont be falling to bits around you

lagerlout
24th Jan 2010, 11:06
absolutely those A300's that i went to Sharm on were a real credit to Monarch!!!

LPFR
24th Jan 2010, 11:07
I agree in some point that new aircrafts are very appealing, giving the passenger a good impression of the airline and so a bigger feeling of safety, although they're also affected by technical problems, like any other machine in the world. But just because Jet2's aircrafts are older doesn't mean they are unsafe. In fact I don't recall any major accident, thankfully and no pilot would fly a plane if it wasn't airworthy. plus there are far older airplanes flying for far bigger airlines, like Delta and their 35 years old DC-9's, that keep on flying 3 hour sectors everyday and I don't see that much bashing over them?

And if it's just because the interiors, I guess the new make-over will do it.

I'm curious though on how long Jet2 is planning to keep these aircrafts, to make the interior change and the winglets worth it.

IB4138
24th Jan 2010, 11:09
Not all of us are in love with Monarch, smudge...and would simonchowder and lagerlout note that as well. :ugh:

They are in fact, my carrier of last resort.

Now, as this is the Jet2 thread, can we get back there?

The "new" 757 is the newest build, being first flown in 1996.

smudgethecat
24th Jan 2010, 11:26
I havent got a axe to grind either way im only speaking as i find ive used MON scheduled a number of times and always found the service to be first class and very professional, further the aircraft actually look as if someone cares, in stark contrast to the jet 2 757,s whos cabins appear to be maintained by kwik fit, sorry if that offends but its a fact

sam dilly
24th Jan 2010, 11:44
I have had the pleasure of travelling on Jet 2 about 25 times over the last few years as a passenger.
Every flight has been on time or early. The airplane has always been well turned out with plenty of leg room. The cabin crew have always been very pleasant.
and NO I dont work for the company.
I am just one happy, satisfied paying passenger :)

simonchowder
24th Jan 2010, 13:00
Bloody hell smudge that could be it!, maybe in a bid to cut costs jet 2 have started employing kwikfit fitters
it would certainly be cheaper than those highly paid licensed engineers other airlines employ,
perhaps jet 2 really do believe you cant get better than a kwikfit fitter:eek::eek:

757flyer
24th Jan 2010, 14:12
simonchowder...your anti Jet2 is getting very boring now.

Now lets not let the FACTS interfere with a good story.

Official delay / tech times for airlines 2009 season:

Jet2

Average delay in mins 21.2

departure within 15 mins 65.3 %

greater than 1 hour late 7.3%

Monarch

Average delay in mins 23.7

departure within 15 mins 69.1%

greater than 1 hour late 9.7%

Now when you start breaking figures down and analise indervidual airport performance per airline it is clear that Jet2 have a much poorer on time departure record at manchester compared to monarch, this obviously points to a local problem which I hope J2 will address. However overall AIRLINE ontime performance is better than Monarch. So mr simonchowder.... you have flown on Jet2 twice you say yet that obviously gives you a balanced basis for your consistant slamming of the airline, over and over and over again. It is clear by previous postings that you are not a professional in the airline business by your obvious lack of knowlege on precedures and engineers (your recent comments on ETOPS show that), yet you still make engineering judgments etc. I am sorry you had a bad experience but this does not justify your constant bashing with no or little substance to back it up.

cherrylock
24th Jan 2010, 16:34
This is a joke about using kwik fit staff surely, airlines have to employ suitably qualified engineers to look after their aircraft dont they??? i would imagine that someone who is responsible for the safety of a aircraft must be very well qualified and not just any old joe, there must be regulations covering this

purplehelmet
24th Jan 2010, 16:42
cherrylock are you for real:ugh:

TSR2
24th Jan 2010, 18:02
Correct me if I am wrong but your analysis of punctuality for Monarch seems incorrect as a direct comparison with Jet2. Are you comparing MON with Jet2 or a combination of MON and ZB. The only true comparison with Jet2 should be ZB only figures.

Flightontime shows ZB figures as follows:
Average delay ... 15 mins
Delay within 15 mins ..... 78.7%
Delay greater than 1 hour ...5.2%

These figures put ZB as rank 28 in the Scheduled Airlines Table whereas Jet2 are ranked 34 in the same table with the figures you stated in your post.

In the Lo Cost Airlines Analysis Monarch Scheduled are ranked 5th whilst Jet2 are ranked 6th.

757flyer
24th Jan 2010, 18:22
TSR2, yes you can compare that way, but Jet2 are not only a loco but a charter holiday company now, therefore for a more accurate comparison the ZB and MON figures should be combined as are the Jet2 figures. I think I am probably looking at a different table to you as all figures for the two airlines i am looking at are for combined operations.

That aside, Monarch are a fine company and operate a very good service, it was not my intention to point a bad finger in their direction, simply to point out that Jet2 are no better overall or significantly worse than most operators in the charter / loco market. Whilst there can always be improvements and you cannot satisfy everyone, the constant bashing here from uninformed people who clearly have no idea about maintenance or procedures is irritating to say the least!

HiflierEK
24th Jan 2010, 18:25
Soon to be announced, the arrival of the GSM 767's and routes Cancun, Goa, Orlando !

simonchowder
24th Jan 2010, 18:53
Its bad enough having to endure that very special jet 2 experience short haul but the thought of flying with them longhaul does not bear contemplation, imagine flying to the states, one toilet working ,no in flight entertainment, kitchen ovens not working , air conditioning either freezing cold or roasting hot, seat recline broken etc etc :eek:

TSR2
24th Jan 2010, 18:54
Well in that case I believe the figures you quote are misleading, as the LS figures are for scheduled services only.

Whilst I appreciate that Jet2 also operate a holiday company, I think the number of true charter flights operated is negligable compared with Monarch (MON)

By the way, how did you arrive at the combined Monarch statistics as MON are listed as rank No 2 in the Charter Statistics whilst Jet2 do not feature at all.

Whichever way I look at the statistics Monarch rank better than Jet2 but I might be missing something.

May I stress that I am not in any way criticising Jet2. I am simply querying your punctuality figures.

cherrylock
24th Jan 2010, 19:03
Saw something on the news the other day about monarch winning some big award for best charter airline

simonchowder
24th Jan 2010, 19:09
Yes they have, for the second year running i think im right im saying.:ok:

LPFR
24th Jan 2010, 19:16
Soon to be announced, the arrival of the GSM 767's and routes Cancun, Goa, Orlando

Fair enough. Just hope they learned from GSM's mistakes.
They got most of their bad reputation when they expanded long haul.

flybar
24th Jan 2010, 19:25
We can all play those silly games.

Jet2
The Guardian and Observer Travel Awards, Best European Short Haul Airline 2006 and 2007 and Best UK Short Haul Airline in 2008.

Suggest you put Monarch news on the correct thread

Regarding the utterances of simonchowder it is after all a rumour network and not much fact comes from him!!

HiflierEK
24th Jan 2010, 19:34
Its bad enough having to endure that very special jet 2 experience short haul but the thought of flying with them longhaul does not bear contemplation, imagine flying to the states, one toilet working ,no in flight entertainment, kitchen ovens not working , air conditioning either freezing cold or roasting hot, seat recline broken etc etc

Well SIMONCHOWDER ... you know what to do, dont fly jet2 you wont be missed ! :ok:

TSR2
24th Jan 2010, 19:34
Although I may tend to agree that Jet2 may not possibly be the number one choice in airline travel, I find it very difficult to take your comments on Jet2 seriously bearing in mind that by your own admission, you have travelled with Jet2 on only 2 occasions.

Personally, I only tend to form any sort of opinion after at least 6 return flights as you can have a 'disappointing experience' with any airline for a multitude of reasons most of which may be outside the airlines control anyway.

Just like Monarch, Jet2 have transported me from A to B safely and on time on many occasions. My preference for one airline over the other is therefore based on factors over and above these fundamental requirements. To many people there are no other factors.

rpmac
24th Jan 2010, 19:57
simonchowder

Your comments about Jet2 are simply boring.
I have flown Monarch once from Luton to Palma and Jet2 once from Leeds to Palma and both flights were excellent, on time and the aircraft in good order, if anything the Jet2 crew were more friendly. I hear many good comments here in Palma about Jet2 as well as Ryanair and EasyJet whom I tend to use the most. I would have no hestitation in using Jet2 for long haul if and when something is offered.

Ernest Lanc's
24th Jan 2010, 20:07
Well I have traveled both airlines. I prefer JET2 because the old 737s are more comfortable than the A320. That's my opinion.

Technical problems - October 2008 BLK to AGP - Flight delayed one hour + because of a fuel smell in cabin, turned out to be nothing.

July 2006 landing at BLK from AGP with Monarch, one of my worst landings ever - I was in all honesty a bit scary until the a/c throttled back.

So we all get bad experiences at some time with all airlines - I think Simonchowder should reserve his praise for ZB for the Monarch thread.

danielmellor
24th Jan 2010, 20:08
I think Simon Chowder works for Monarch :ok:

Jet2 are Great and Cheap Too :)

Belfast - Pisa

£9.99 :eek:

Monarch are Expensive from wat ive seen, even the ZB operation

EuroWings
24th Jan 2010, 20:51
Monarch are Expensive from wat ive seen, even the ZB operation

Something I will second. From my experience, Jet2 have far more reasonable fares, particularly in peak season, when compared to the 'special' Monarch offering. Although the aircraft on ZB/MON are in slightly better condition, their complaisance and high fares in the saturated market where they operate scheduled services do not attract me at all. This is opposed to Jet2's innovative (IMO) approach (varying destinations, 23kg checked baggage allowance e.t.c)

As a regular on the BLK/LPL/MAN -TFS, I rarely choose Monarch because of their high fares over the busy periods. Often I have even gone on EZY and FR, both of them much cheaper although the latter of the two in particular offering some very low fares when compared to ZB or even, LS.

This is the reason why I think that LS should try to go for markets that EZY and FR provide fewer (although EZY tend to reach these places now) or no services on. Croatia, Tunisia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Cyprus, under served Greek Islands (e.g Kos/Kefalonia), or even Cape Verde, The Gambia or Florida with 767s. A mix of established and up and coming holiday destinations which can be well supported with low frequencies and charter capacity should be the direction LS should head in. I'm sure the charter companies could do with the extra capacity to such places at certain times (e.g TCX have been using MON a lot).

TSR2
24th Jan 2010, 21:21
Most people have some form of criteria by which they choose their airline of preference. You obviously have cost very high on your list and I would not criticise you for that. However, other people may have different criteria.

On the subject of cost, it very much depends on when you book. I have noticed on numerous occasions that LS have been cheaper than ZB only to find the reverse a week later. It totally depends on how the bookings are progressing at the time.

Regarding some of the future destinations you identified for LS, I would suggest they would be better or could only be operated profitably as Charter destinations and as such LS involvement would be to operate the flights on behalf of a tour operator such as Jet2 Holidays.

EuroWings
24th Jan 2010, 21:57
Most people have some form of criteria by which they choose their airline of preference. You obviously have cost very high on your list and I would not criticise you for that. However, other people may have different criteria.

On short haul flights, yeah, I suppose cost is fairly high on my list. In these difficult times, I suppose it is the same for many which is why the locos can do well in this sort of financial climate. Having flown with LS about 9 times now, mostly because it is the dominant carrier at my local airport (BLK). I like their product but it's not worth paying a lot more for verses EZY. However....on long haul I always try and choose the carriers I think are the best!

Regarding some of the future destinations you identified for LS, I would suggest they would be better or could only be operated profitably as Charter destinations and as such LS involvement would be to operate the flights on behalf of a tour operator such as Jet2 Holidays.

That's the sort of operation I was thinking! :ok: LS could do what BE now do, for example they are contracted to run Prestwick-Jersey in summer IIRC by Discover Jersey (or similar Tour Operator). They perform this contract but sell spare seats on a seat-only basis through their own website. Additional revenue can be gained on top of the charter like this!

In my experience more people tend to choose packages for these ''less mainstream" (although I use that term very loosely) destinations. I don't see any point in LS (outside "fortress LBA", although that's now been entered by FR) trying to compete on city type routes such as AMS/CDG which EZY, WW and the legacies cover well. Or doing regional airports around Europe that FR cover well with their strategy, remember Jet2's planned flights from LBA to Albert-Picardie Airport last year? :ugh: Ski airports can work on this basis but some tiny field that's not had flights in about 10 years is more suited to FR IMO! :cool:

cherrylock
24th Jan 2010, 22:08
To be fair we have always used monarch ZB service and found them to be excellent , maybe a little bit more more expensive but they some how seem to be a cut way above the rest, at the end of the day you pay your money and takes your choice , if cost is a overiding concern perhaps jet 2 is the way , however if you want excellent customer service and wish to fly in modern well maintained aeroplanes perhaps its worth the extra few bob to go with monarch.

Having said that we found the jet2 cabin crew be excellent , its a pity they have to work with such old tired aeroplanes.

simonchowder
25th Jan 2010, 13:04
Fear not cherry lock ,i was only joking about jet 2 using kwikfit fitters, any work carried out on any aircraft has to certified by a licensed engineer who also has to be type rated on that particular aircraft, engineers are licensed by the relevant authority in this case EASA , who issue those licenses not the airline, so rest assured they are very well qualified people.

flybar
25th Jan 2010, 16:31
its a pity they have to work with such old tired aeroplanes.

The Worlds Airline Fleets, including many British, are full of tired aeroplanes

Jet2krazey
25th Jan 2010, 18:13
Passengers that have flown on the aircrafts that have had the cabin refits this winter! already think their flying on a new aircraft! and are very impressed! I have to say they do look amazing, and look alot more modern now! only a plane spotter would know the age of them now! :)

LPFR
25th Jan 2010, 19:07
Could you post any pictures of the new cabins?

righthandrule
25th Jan 2010, 20:26
That's the sort of operation I was thinking! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif LS could do what BE now do, for example they are contracted to run Prestwick-Jersey in summer IIRC by Discover Jersey (or similar Tour Operator). They perform this contract but sell spare seats on a seat-only basis through their own website. Additional revenue can be gained on top of the charter like this!

In my experience more people tend to choose packages for these ''less mainstream" (although I use that term very loosely) destinations. I don't see any point in LS (outside "fortress LBA", although that's now been entered by FR) trying to compete on city type routes such as AMS/CDG which EZY, WW and the legacies cover well. Or doing regional airports around Europe that FR cover well with their strategy, remember Jet2's planned flights from LBA to Albert-Picardie Airport last year? :ugh: Ski airports can work on this basis but some tiny field that's not had flights in about 10 years is more suited to FR IMO! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cool.gif
Ahhh, but you are forgetting Jet2 already do this! The Albert Route was principally sold to Schools into Europe, with the remaining 48 seats on each flight being made available via Jet2.com for the public. However due to two major cancellations by schools the route had to be pulled at the last minute as flying a 737 with 30 people on is not sustainable! Jet2 also have significant allocations to other Tour Operators, ones off my head;

Malaga - Thomas Cook (40 seats on a Sunday), Travelsphere, Omega Holidays
Tenerife - Thomas Cook (30 seats Tues & Fri)
Heraklion - Thomas Cook
Faro - Thomas Cook
Arrecife - Thomas Cook
Sharm - Thomas Cook
Jersey - Jersey Travel Service, Reader Holidays, Discover Jersey
Milan Bergamo - Reader Travel, Omega Holidays, Travelshpere
Venice - Omega Holidays, Travelsphere

Just to mention a few...! Jet2 also have a flexible allocation by Jet2Holidays on all holiday routes, which the majority are distributed by World Choice Travel Agents, Co-Op Travel, Althams and Thomas Cook. Jet2 have built up a solid business model over the last two years. Seats are sold at the base fare to the tour operators i.e. £9.99 + taxes, this shifts the onus off Jet2 to fill the seats, and gives Jet2 a high degree of control over pricing, often leading to fluctuations in the price the closer to the departure date. This is the basis of the East Midlands base, and all new routes from Manchester and Newcastle, they have (a small) backing by Tour Operators hence the routes are profitable with the aircraft only doing two sectors some days.

Jet2krazeyCabin refits!
Passengers that have flown on the aircrafts that have had the cabin refits this winter! already think their flying on a new aircraft! and are very impressed! I have to say they do look amazing, and look alot more modern now! only a plane spotter would know the age of them now! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

I haven't managed to get onboard one of the re-fitted a/c yet, have the done the same style job as the 737 cabins?, and put in the new seats like on 'AC and 'AH?

TSR2
25th Jan 2010, 20:56
Have all the 757's been refurbished ?

Jet2krazey
25th Jan 2010, 21:25
They have done more on the 75s than the 73s! Althought the 73s are to have the new seats fitted once the 75s are done! estimated to be all done in a year! or as quick as Acro can make them! 1x73 LD has already been done, maybe too see what it looks like finished and make the desicion if they were to be done also, im not sure.

Refits include, new carpets, seats, curtains, bulkhead coverings, lockers painted and new wall coverings, alot more red and most of the blue has gone now apart from the blue in the crews uniform! toilets have also had refits too, with new wall coverings and toilet fixings! wish i could show you the pics but have no idea how too post! The new seats give so much more leg room its unbelievable, you can literally walk into the seat area! passengers are really impressed, Apart from not having a proper seat pocket to store larger items, thats the only complaint ive had, but TOM have the same style pockets so cant see it being a major problem.

2x 75s have been done up too now AC and AG and the rest to be finished before may! think there been done as they go in for there C checks. :)

righthandrule
25th Jan 2010, 22:30
The new seats give so much more leg room its unbelievable, you can literally walk into the seat area!

Ahhh don't let PM hear you say that or he will be putting row 3 back in on the 75's and cramming as many as possible on! Sod the extra legroom seats at the front!! :ok:
What have they done with the seats? The red ones on AC last summer looked much smarter than the orangey/red and grey ones they put on AH. Good to see AG has had some TLC!! Am I right in thinking that the strip on the lockers next to the 'push' button is also red now? Despite the usual mumblings on here, Jet2 will have the best 757 cabins in the UK short/mid haul market so the usual wingers who have only flown Jet2 twice, should perhaps give them a try this summer and see what they are like then.

I don't like to bring money and the thought of bankruptcies into this, but if Monarch is the airline so many people keep banging on about, how come they barely made a profit last year, when the likes of Jet2 made £23.7 million profit? To finally put an end to the doom-mongers on here, Jet2 is expanding this year, currently with an additional 737 and 757 in the fleet, upgraded aircraft cabins, improved profit margins and more importantly a dedicated work force. If you don't like Jet2, then stay off the Jet2 forum. You don't see any Jet2 employees or people with an axe to grind constantly going onto the Monarch, or any other forum for that matter going on over such unsubstantiated claims such as aircraft being maintained by Kwik Fit. It's getting boring and is very childish.

Jet2krazey
25th Jan 2010, 22:49
The dark red ones on AC did look much more profesional! but think PM wants to be more fun! so he has gone with the red and grey ones! once you see it with the rest of the refit, they go much better than the dark red ones!

The bulk heads and locker inserts near the buttons are the same red as the seats! Jet2 red as its known at work! :ok:

Carpets are now grey with little red aeroplanes on them, and the wall coverings on the toilets and in them, have little planes all over them, the same little aeroplane thats on the Jet2 logo in the J...:)

theloudone
26th Jan 2010, 06:02
With all this talk of refurbs, does that mean the checking staff and engineers have had a pay rise ? !!!!!!! oh and not forgetting, the pilots as well ?

Flaps up no lights
26th Jan 2010, 08:31
How do I attach a photo?

cherrylock
26th Jan 2010, 09:33
Thank you simonchowder for your polite informed reply, im reassured! ,its people lIke you who make this site such a mine of information for aviation enthusiasts, however its a shame not everyone can be helpfull eh PH?( very apt username BTW)

Im pleased to read jet 2 have spent so much time and effort rebuilding their aeroplanes, i might even give them a try next month, as i said the staff were lovely and such a shame they had to work in such bad conditions

HH6702
26th Jan 2010, 10:00
with the arrival of another 733 and a 757 will we see more routes for the summer are these aircraft going to be used as spares until the winter timetable?

cornishsimon
26th Jan 2010, 10:06
new routes
with the arrival of another 733 and a 757 will we see more routes for the summer are these aircraft going to be used as spares until the winter timetable?

How about something else ex NQY, i see that Jet2 are only offering Belfast this summer.

CS

deltahotel9
26th Jan 2010, 10:12
With Jet2 picking up a lot of charter work this summer does the 757 refit include any IFE? Lots of pax on 4 hour plus flights might be upset if there isn't any especially if booking through TCX etc. as they will expect it, same probably goes for hot meals.

purplehelmet
26th Jan 2010, 10:21
cherrylock.
sorry if i upset you, but maybe you should try and read the posts more carefully, suggest you start at 2901 and then 2903,did you honestly think kwikfit were employed to mantain aircraft?:ugh:
oh and by the way jet2 are refurbishing thier aircraft not rebuilding the:mad: things:rolleyes:

Going loco
26th Jan 2010, 10:35
HH - are you seriously suggesting J2 have taken on excess capacity for the summer, in readiness for the winter???? An interesting way to bankrupt an airline quickly I suppose, but thankfully PM is a bit more switched on. The extra 737 and 757 are the aircraft needed to operate the summer programme. For winter, they will sit around with the rest of the fleet and some of the crew on part time contracts or go through maintenance. Until there is a major improvement in trading conditions that trickles through into stronger winter trading, J2 will be do the vast majority of their flying between April - October.

cherrylock
26th Jan 2010, 11:11
Terribly sorry i upset you with my terminolgy, PH, im afraid im a simple woman who doesnt really understand the technical aspects of aircraft maintenance, no doubt you are a pilot or engineer or some other such god like creature in the aviation industry, however we dont all possess your vast knowledge, so try and be a bit kinder in your replies to ignorant mortals such as i.

purplehelmet
26th Jan 2010, 12:27
sorry i'll get me coat:uhoh:

purplehelmet
26th Jan 2010, 13:00
theres a photo of the new jet jet2 cabin at www.factorydesign.co.uk/jet2.com (http://www.factorydesign.co.uk/jet2.com)

ph.

Fernanjet
26th Jan 2010, 13:10
i have to say, that looks so old fashioned.

it still looks better because it's clean and new but about as dated as the airframes it's fitted in!

purplehelmet
26th Jan 2010, 13:22
fernanjet
i agree looks ok but a bit plain,still tons better than they were, not sure about the nosey camel in the bathroom though:eek:

757flyer
26th Jan 2010, 13:59
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/highflyer666/jet2757-1.jpg

757flyer
26th Jan 2010, 14:01
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/highflyer666/jet2757-5.jpg

757flyer
26th Jan 2010, 14:10
the factory design link was the trial concept on LSAH, this has been updated the final look is as on the two pics i have just posted. This is LSAG the first to be completed, 7 more to be completed by may.

simonchowder
26th Jan 2010, 14:45
Dont mention it cherry lock , glad to able to assist with the knowledge gaps,
dont let old helmet wind you up, cyber bully boy , however i dont think for one minute he is a pilot or a licensed engineer, if he is involved in aviation id say he is far more likely to be in a catering/baggage ramp operative role, however dont be too hard on him ,the poor sods from stockport and thats punishment enough for anyone.

Love the new interior,s BTW which joker came up with that, looks like there stuck in a seventies time warp whoever they are:eek:

purplehelmet
26th Jan 2010, 15:12
simonchowder
ha ha thats rich, at least my posts dont get removed.(re. air malta320/ryanair 737-800).

plasticAF
26th Jan 2010, 15:15
simonchowder

In all fairness, looking at the "new" programmes on the telly most of the viewing public are in the seventies also. Therefore won't notice and think it's all bang upto date.
Me? I like it it's colourful without being garish as in FR's colour scheme!
And the camel is a great way of giving pax the frighteners when visiting the loo:E

easyJet A321
26th Jan 2010, 15:39
Wow I actually really like the new interior, if anyone saw the programme about Little Chef recently on 4 it reminds me of the new look interiors of their restaurants, most likely the red aspect! Well after seeing those pictures I want to try it out. Quick question though, is it only the 757's that are going to be like this?

Carnethy
26th Jan 2010, 16:04
Anyone know if Jet2 are likely to base a 757 at Edinburgh in the near future?

With GSM having been lost there is a large gap to fill to destinations such as Paphos, Sharm, Funchal, Turkey, etc. GSM's load factors were usually in the high 90's so there's definate demand. Be pretty straight forward to recruit additional crew.

Thomson & Thos Cook aren't interested and Easyjet & Ryanair are unlikely to serve those sorts of places from EDI. I believe it's an ideal opportunity for Jet2.

The cheapest flight this summer from EDI to PFO with Monarch is in the region of £380!!!! Come on Jet2, Edinburgh needs you! :D

simonchowder
26th Jan 2010, 16:04
Perhaps your right there AF, maybe the seventies pimp mobile look is intentional, perhaps jet 2 have actually done their homework and identified their target group are likely to spend a lot of time watching day time reruns of the sweeney , the professionals, on the buses etc,... in fact i could see stan butlers mum rather liking it....:ok:

EuroWings
26th Jan 2010, 16:36
What a fantastic job they have done there! I don't think it's too colourful at all:)

The use of the colour red, I feel particularly represents a modern image for the firm that Jet2 have been severely lacking in their aircraft interiors!!

Regarding IFE - Wasn't there a system where you could hire a portable video player, certainly on the longer 757 routes? I don't think passengers are all that bothered on flights less 4 and a half hours, they will bring entertainment if need be!

Me? I like it it's colourful without being garish as in FR's colour scheme!

Same. FR's is really quite a shock at 5am! I don't think FR wanted it to be relaxing, more likely to try and keep passengers awake for in-flight sales!!:E Jet2's ties in well with their livery and modern holiday carrier image!

EuroChallenger
26th Jan 2010, 16:40
Hello

I have today booked 12 seats MAN - TFS, Saturday 6th November and returning a week later and looked at Jet2 via their groups department, Monarch and Thomas Cook. The latter were not quite as nice flight times and the two former depart within minutes of each other. As this is for a group, price ruled and so Monarch got the money. I would have preferred Jet2 as they offer a low deposit for groups of 12, but, price won on this one. (Personally I am not bothered who I fly with but I would have liked a trip on a Jet2 757, hopefully a refitted one.)

I have spotted a very cheap Tenerife to Blackpool in early October, and so I might book that, not sure about the outbound yet. Blackpool will be a 737 I guess?

Edit - I know it is difficult comparing prices, as no doubt tomorrow, Jet2 might be cheaper etc etc.

Jet2krazey
26th Jan 2010, 17:34
EastjetA321.

The 737s have exactly the same interior apart from the seats! only G-CELD has them up too now! but the rest of the 737s will get the seats after the 757s. not sure if AJ will get the same treatment tho as its leased!

All the 75s will be done by may 2010! and the 73s done within 1x year, or as quick as Acro can make the seats and we can fit them! :)

Glad everyone likes the new interiors! they are very holiday orientated! bright and fun! and passengers have had nothing but praise on my flights!:ok:

freightdoggy dog
26th Jan 2010, 18:16
Ha ha...I like the Gerish colors lol :p Maybe the front end could be done as well, that would wake em up

TSR2
26th Jan 2010, 18:20
Yes, have to admit it looks very nice. Glad to see that their destination adverts on the overhead bins are much smaller and more discreet than the current large sticky on things.

smudgethecat
26th Jan 2010, 19:30
A bit tacky TBH, but a big improvement on the awfull state they were in, 6/10 for effort

purplehelmet
26th Jan 2010, 19:46
imo it looks better than most loco's. ryanair now thats tacky:}

righthandrule
29th Jan 2010, 22:14
Jet2 are advertising powerplant engineers "CFM56-3, RB211-535E4, CF6-80C2 preferable" ... I think we all know what that means! :ok:

aidoair
29th Jan 2010, 22:25
So this 767 rumour could be getting closer ! :ok:

plasticAF
29th Jan 2010, 23:45
Could be, lets wait the squelch of rubber on wet tarmac

Carnethy
30th Jan 2010, 23:10
Anyone know if Jet2 are likely to base a 757 at Edinburgh in the near future?

With GSM having been lost there is a large gap to fill to destinations such as Paphos, Sharm, Funchal, Turkey, etc. GSM's load factors were usually in the high 90's so there's definate demand. Be pretty straight forward to recruit additional crew.

Thomson & Thos Cook aren't interested and Easyjet & Ryanair are unlikely to serve those sorts of places from EDI. I believe it's an ideal opportunity for Jet2.

The cheapest flight this summer from EDI to PFO with Monarch is in the region of £380!!!! Come on Jet2, Edinburgh needs you!

simonchowder
31st Jan 2010, 07:10
I hear MON are going to be offering new routes from EDI which has to be good news for the jocks, hardly fair having suffered globespam they then get lumbered with jet 2 with no decent alternative

habs_fan
31st Jan 2010, 08:12
Rather hav jet2 year round than one Mon for 4-5 months a year.

would be good if they did get some 767s that they would do some orlando flights from edi and maybe try dipping into the canaidan market.

rpmac
31st Jan 2010, 09:02
Edinburgh is not lumbered with Jet2, we want more Jet2 services, especially Palma, etc and transatlantic destinations such as Toronto would be great. Let MON concentrate on Luton, Manchester etc.

Carnethy
31st Jan 2010, 11:56
I second that rpmac. A based ETOPS 757 would be a good start. There is a big gap in the holiday market now and with Jet2 already having EDI as a base it would seem the next logical step.......but when?

Nowt wrong with MON but we need year round services at EDI. GSM's load factors showed this was viable on routes like DLM, PFO, SSH, etc.

airhumberside
31st Jan 2010, 12:55
Monarch have only been summer only at EDI because the tour operators (principally Airtours/Thomas Cook in the past) they work for have only contracted them to fly in the summer. Many off Monarch's scheduled routes operate year round

simonchowder
31st Jan 2010, 13:16
This must be a ideal time for mon to expand its excellent ZB service north of the border,a large vacuum has been created a first class operator such as mon could do very well

purplehelmet
31st Jan 2010, 13:23
what a suprise to see simonchowder banging on about his beloved monarch on the jet2 thread again, are you on commision or what?

757flyer
31st Jan 2010, 13:42
boring isnt it, ignore him and eventually he will go back to his recruiting job...back to the desk counting paper clips etc, so sad.

cherrylock
31st Jan 2010, 13:46
Funny you should say that simon, my sister in law works at Edinburgh airport and she was telling me monarch are having a lot of talks with the airport about new routes, she is very excited about it as at present Scotland really is the poor relation, so if firms such as jet 2 and monarch start operating it would be a real boost.

scotsunflyer
31st Jan 2010, 14:07
know this is the Jet 2 thread, but to answer that last point referring to MON...

Have heard a few talking about a based A320 year round. The cabin crew advert in previous years has said seasonal staff at Edinburgh. This year it said staff for its Edinburgh base, no mention of seasonal.

As to Jet 2, TOM are doing one flight per week year round so if Jet 2 brought in a B752 they could easily fill a gap, and possibly Hurghada could be another destination not currently served from EDI

purplehelmet
31st Jan 2010, 17:59
any news on where the new 757 will be based? just wondered if it might be edi to fill in some of the gaps gsm left!

simonchowder
31st Jan 2010, 18:04
IF its true MON are planning big things for EDI cannot see jet 2 going head to head with them as there is only going to be one winner there, and it wont be the flying pimp mobiles

purplehelmet
31st Jan 2010, 18:11
oh simon simon simon
why dont you go and play on the monarch thread insted of bigging them on here all the time and slagging off jet2.
go and see if you can make some friends on there and build monarch airfix kits together.

Jet2krazey
31st Jan 2010, 18:16
Jet2 are holding there own against the likes of MON at manchester, so im not worried!! Simon can bang on about them all he likes on our forum, and as always nobody will take any interest! Jet2 will be around for a long time to come! :ok:

wawkrk
31st Jan 2010, 19:14
Simon, Jet2 are doing their best.They do not have years of tour operator revenue behind them going back the B720's.Would you like to see them fold? All those good people losing their jobs? Do you think all LBA pax should travel to MAN for their flights?
If MON had started at the same time as Jet2 they would probably not be around now having collapsed trying to please tossers like you.

rpmac
31st Jan 2010, 20:01
Wawkrk. I completely agree with your last post. Have just taken time to read up about Monarch.s history, B720 etc and whilst they have done well and are one of the UKs best airlines they have had the time to build up a newer aircraft fleet, compared to Jet2, and with the benefit of tour operators and other contracts continue in business to this day as reasonably profitable. It is not really fair to compare the two and then right off Jet2 as a second rate outfit which they are not. The good people of Yorkshire and elsewhere certainly appreciate a decent low cost airline on the door step and are proving it by using Jet2. To me they seem to be doing all the right things and will be around in many years time, perhaps even a base at Luton.

flybar
31st Jan 2010, 20:02
Interesting that Jet2 have bought the latest 757 outright, having been through a recent period of leasing aircraft - 2x737 and 1x757.
Presumably the price was right or they intend to keep this one longer!!

Jet22
31st Jan 2010, 20:04
"IF its true MON are planning big things for EDI cannot see jet 2 going head to head with them as there is only going to be one winner there, and it wont be the flying pimp mobiles"

If I can kindly remind you, each one caters for a different market. MON is for people like you, snobs and stuck up people. Then people who don’t want to lower the standards to the likes of FR, but don’t want to pay over the odds for a simple flight with MON. Both can easily co-operate at EDI along with EZY. Just wondering when FR will jump on the EDI bandwagon unless they already have.

goldeneye
31st Jan 2010, 20:12
Monarch's EDI routes are and always have been for tour operators like TUI and Thomas Cook. I think its highly unlikely Monarch Schedule will be coming to EDI anytime soon, so the decision on MON being at EDI is down to putting in a good price when the tour ops are looking to get an airline for the route.

Jet2 on the otherhand are operating EDI in there own right and see potential in operating flights from the airport.

EuroWings
31st Jan 2010, 21:03
Just wondering when FR will jump on the EDI bandwagon unless they already have.

FR already have a substantial presence at EDI with over 30 destinations including the usual TFS, ALC e.t.c but also places like TMP and of course Ireland! Monarch would be going for further tour operators business I'd have thought, in much the same as LS do.

"IF its true MON are planning big things for EDI cannot see jet 2 going head to head with them as there is only going to be one winner there, and it wont be the flying pimp mobiles"

What is so brilliant about MON? :rolleyes: There a standard 'pack em' in' charter carrier turned scheduled! When GB were around they offered far more than MON did! If you ask me LS match the service, MON was good in 'crown service' days but is not substantially better these days. Plus MON on-line check in is a farce, they make you pay to select a seat if you want to avail of the service (very 'Ryanair-esque'). I can see LS being around for a long time yet :ok:

smudgethecat
31st Jan 2010, 22:19
I think there is room for both operators ,monarch are without doubt the more professional outfit but fares tend to be higher, Jet 2 are the cheap as chips operator and offer rock bottom prices, take your choice if your "on yer arse" fly jet 2, if you are not i would use the spotty M.

Carnethy
31st Jan 2010, 23:00
Sorry, I didn't mean to start a Jet2 v Monarch argument here. Don't worry about SimonChowder - he's been dissing GSM for years. OK they have now gone but it had nothing to do with the uneducated comments from him.

Anyhoo, back to thread, at EDI we need someone to replace GSM and Jet2 are ideal, offering a basic service for a decent price. Personally speaking, I want to be able to fly to PFO for around £200, not the near £400 that TOM/MON are asking!
I'm having to go over next month and have to go BA, EDI-LGW-PFO and back. Pain in the ass when I cannot go direct from Scotland's capital airport!

Jet2 could make a kill here at EDI of they choose to expand!

757 Speedbrakes
1st Feb 2010, 10:01
G-LSAK now registered on the CAA website. Built in 1996........:eek:

cherrylock
1st Feb 2010, 10:53
I think it would be a great shame if jet 2 chose not to expand at Edinburgh just because monarch are planning to offer scheduled flights out of there, surely theres room for two airlines?

As said before, monarch do tend to be a slightly more expensive so i am sure jet 2 would appeal to folks on a tighter budget,further i was chatting to a bod at work about who is a bit of a spotter and he reckons monarch just havent got enough aircraft to operate a big service up there ,how true that is i dont know

Mr @ Spotty M
1st Feb 2010, 16:35
757 Speedbrakes and it has spent nearly the last two years in storage.:eek:

757 Speedbrakes
1st Feb 2010, 17:10
Even fewer hours on the clock then! :ok:

757flyer
1st Feb 2010, 17:24
gone to lasham for a full check, refit and repaint, c of a etc, will be very nice when done i guess, two months in the hanger :uhoh:

DADDY-OH!
1st Feb 2010, 17:25
Mr @ Spotty M

Maybe but considerably younger than the B757's Monarch operate which should be in the desert!

Mr @ Spotty M
1st Feb 2010, 17:44
I am not saying it is a bad move, l am just pointing out it has been parked up for good part of the time over the last two years.
A/C were built to fly and not to have them sitting around on the ground.
Just don't be surprised that it will be a pain in the a**e for the Jet2 engineers in its first couple of months in service. It will be a very good a/c after that l am sure.

smudgethecat
1st Feb 2010, 19:23
Big difference daddy is monarchs 757,s have been maintained by monarch engineering from day one, who are id say the finest aircraft enginering company in the uk, jet 2 or ATC are not in the same class im afraid

righthandrule
1st Feb 2010, 19:34
What a stupid comment. Maybe you should google EASA and read up on aircraft Maintenance.

wanna_be_there
1st Feb 2010, 19:44
can I just say, as long as the aircraft are maintained to the required legal levels and do not fall out of the sky does it really matter whos maintence is best!!!!!

DADDY-OH!
1st Feb 2010, 20:00
Actually Smudge' in my last firm, Monarch did the 'Heavy' hangar maintainance, but a little known company called BCT, made up & managed by a motley crew of ex BA, FCA, MON, TCK & TOM engineers who were the best maintainers I've seen in nearly 20 years of airline flying.

I don't think I EVER had to check the validity of an ADD because the aircraft were very, very well maintained.

If you are EASA compliant then that's it-you are EASA compliant, end of story.

Just because BCT weren't top dollar, it doesn't mean they were top drawer.

Cheers

Daddy!

smudgethecat
1st Feb 2010, 20:23
Sadly in the real world the standards of maintenance vary (as GSM found to their cost) and as a contract licensed engineer who has worked for most of the big european and middle eastern MRO,s over the last twenty years (including jet 2 at LBA) i can say with some certainty monarch are one of the very best, as a contractor i have no axe to grind, im saying it as it actually is , if i had to select one company to maintain my B757,s it would without doubt be monarch

ps daddy, what exactly do you mean by the "validity "of a defered defect?

Ian Brooks
1st Feb 2010, 20:26
The Jet2 B757 is due in MAN for painting 10th Feb

Ian B

simonchowder
1st Feb 2010, 20:45
Of course standards vary smudge, i know for a fact if i put my 757 into GAMCO for a c check it will come out with all the boxes ticked legally but it wont be in half as good nick as it would be if MAEL had done that c check at luton, it would have been a lot cheaper mind you!

purplehelmet
1st Feb 2010, 21:18
so are you saying there are safety issues depending on who maintains the aircraft?
if no then i agree with wanna be there post 2999.
p.s. welcome to pprune m8:ok:

Ernest Lanc's
1st Feb 2010, 22:06
Nods in agreement purplehelmat: If it gets you there safely: Who cares who did the maintenance?. (http://www.pprune.org/5484728-post2999.html)

I have flown plenty with JET2, and trust them to make sure their a/c are maintained.

simonchowder: I wonder which high lown cost airline operates from "Luton":bored:

bluepilot
1st Feb 2010, 22:52
As regard to Jet2 maintenance I have flown with them now for 2 years, very rare are there carried over defects, there are engineers at every base maintaining the aircraft EVERY night. Previously i flew for a well know flag carrier airline, the maintenance there was nowhere near the standards at Jet2, there were often yellow stickers everywhere with defects often deferred to the next hanger input etc (perfectly legal). The problem there was most of the aircraft nightstopped away from base and so there was no overnight maintenance cover, as a result the aircraft were in a very poor state. Jet2 currently does not night fly its 757 fleet and as so the aircraft are pampered. I cannot remember the last time i saw a yellow sticker with a deferred defect!

DADDY-OH!
1st Feb 2010, 23:29
Smudge'

By "validity" I meant if an ADD was still 'open' or if the defect had been rectified, & signed off, thereby 'closed'. I don't think I ever saw an 'open' ADD at GSM since March 2008. The GSM/BCT cover was THAT good.

There's a shocker for you, Smudge, it was GSM that I worked for & yes their serviceability rates left a fair bit to be desired for a period & yes their reputation suffered.

After November 2007 when a new DFO was appointed & we had CAA audit after CAA audit, eventually, GSM Maintrol & Engineering eventually got it's sh*t together. When GSM finally met it's demise, the standard of Line support was 1st rate.

Like I stated earlier, I know a couple of GSM's 'own' B767 engineers were ex-MON & the 'connies' were ex- just about every UK major B757/767 operator. And as a result, BCT provided GSM with the same thoroughly professional service for a fraction of MON's price.

MON are excellent but there are more affordable options of an equal standard.

Top Drawer doesn't always have to be Top Dollar.

smudgethecat
2nd Feb 2010, 00:05
Thats quite amazing daddy , the GSM 767,s i worked on hangar checks must have two tech logs then, as we rectified no end of carried forward defects ,you must have had the other one:confused:

DADDY-OH!
2nd Feb 2010, 01:04
What are you inferring, Smudge'?

If you're getting specific, I operated mainly on the Air India contract (KLM support) & the MoD ACMI's & Falkland's run (BCT). I take it you work for Monarch, Smudge'. Well done on a cracking job with the pinning the spar on 'FG & re-config'ing its Air Evac fit. I don't doubt MON are very good but they aren't exceptional.

The MoD ACMI & Falkland's aircraft had period of 17 hours, another of 36 hours downtime at Brize' & 20 hours twice every week in Mount Pleasant which is where most of the sched' (& occasional unsched') maintenance was completed. It helps when the aircraft is accompanied on every sector by a BCT engineer, fly away kit & they always looked ahead in the OOPs & carried components that would need replacing while the aircraft was away from base. But if it was approaching a major check, sure, leave some niggly ADD's open!! For what MON charge, old TD was going to get his money's worth & pound of flesh!

I take it you have 'issues' with competing maint. providers & deem that anybody but Monarch isn't worthy? Well get your head from up your arse, Laddie! From what I've seen in operating B757/767's for 10 years when it comes to Line support for B757's & B767's MON Eng. AREN'T elite by any means. They are comparable to FCA, TOM, KLM & BCT but no better than these & more expensive than most others.

To get back on track, I travel with Jet2 frequently to TFS, BFS & AGP & have for the last 3 years. I admit there have been a couple of tech issues of the B733 fleet but I've never been delayed due tech. problems while travelling on their B757's. I have no doubt the forthcoming B767 will enjoy the same dispatch success, as it's the same team looking after the B767 as the B757 fleet.

And for the umpteenth time... Top Drawer doesn't mean Top Dollar.

If you want to squabble about it, start your own thread. This thread is about Jet2 & their tech. support set up & from what I've seen, they're doing fine & will continue to do so. Get over it & move on!!!

Good night, Smudge'

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2010, 08:53
well said daddy-oh! a few people would do well to remember this is the jet2 thread not monarch.:D.
cant be far off now before jet2 get a 767 or two,i think theres plenty of scope for them on new routes and on some of
the existing ones.

DADDY-OH!
2nd Feb 2010, 09:00
Exactamundo, Purplehelmet!

simonchowder
2nd Feb 2010, 10:19
Just out of interest Daddy Oh who were looking after your aircraft when you got into dreadfull trouble with the CAA over shoddy maintenance which resulted in the CAA taking the very unusual step of banning you from operating EROPS?:eek:

757flyer
2nd Feb 2010, 11:56
can we get back to a jet2 thread please? wtf has this got to do with flyglobespan or monarch maintenance?

cherrylock
2nd Feb 2010, 15:55
Are jet2 planning on buying any new aeroplanes? surely the fact they seem to break down more often than say monarchs do is because their very old, you cannot blame the people looking after them, im sure they do their best you could liken it to having a twenty year old car things go wrong all the time.

757flyer
2nd Feb 2010, 16:03
cherrylock, where do you get your information and comparisons on aircraft technical breakdowns? This constant comparison to monarch is boring and irrelivant now, Jet2 fleet is well maintained and i very much doubt have any more technical issues than any other airline, in fact if there were published figures i would place money on J2 being higher in reliability, simply because ZB has a higher utilisation of airframes in the summer than LS.

Now can the monarch and globespan posters please go to their respective threads.

cherrylock
2nd Feb 2010, 16:15
Sorry i dont have any technical information its just what everyone seems to say about jet 2,that their aeroplanes are very old and they break down a lot, ive only flown with them once and we were unlucky enough to break down which caused a long delay, monarch however seem to be very reliable and their planes seem to be very new, however if ive got my facts wrong forgive me, finally i must say the jet 2 staff were wonderfull

Buster the Bear
2nd Feb 2010, 16:54
Not all Monarch airframes are new, just look up how old the A300 fleet is.

jet2impress
2nd Feb 2010, 17:45
cherrylock..... you've been spending too much time around Simon chunder.... or what ever his name is! Cherry..... lets play a little game! What year do you think Monarch's 757's were built? And then the same for Jet2?? what do you recon? Answers on a post card please.

luvly jubbly
2nd Feb 2010, 17:49
OK. Back to Jet2..... :}

If, as expected, the B763s arrive within the next 12 months, would Jet2:

A) Sell B763 seats all year round
B) Have them sit on the ground for the winter (As per the other fleets)
C) Enter the winter ACMI market.

Wild speculation welcome.....:ok:

LJ

simonchowder
2nd Feb 2010, 18:08
Serious question have jet 2 grounded their fleet? i was up at MAN T2 this afternoon and place is full of jet 2 old smokers doing nothing, whats going on?

jet2impress
2nd Feb 2010, 18:13
Simon.... when will you give it up??? They are sat on the ramp taking a rest! Better there than flying random unprofitable routes in this quiet time of year. You would be the first to complain if they were operating to CFU with a 20% load factor! :ugh:

SCANDIC
2nd Feb 2010, 18:32
Most of the Jet2 aircraft are always going tech, last summer there was always something wrong with a 75. Their all old sheds that are only fit for the scrap man. Monarch have a nice up to date fleet of aeroplanes.:bored:

TSR2
2nd Feb 2010, 18:39
Posted by SCANDIC
Most of the Jet2 aircraft are always going tech

On what evidence do you base this statement?

SCANDIC
2nd Feb 2010, 18:43
Because i had to load them all last summer and i lost count the amount of times they went tech.:ok:

simonchowder
2nd Feb 2010, 19:00
Surely not scandic, there has to be some mistake.........or perhaps not ;)

anyway its good to hear the jet 2 static display at MAN is nothing more sinister than a lack of demand, must say though whilst i was there their rivals seemed to be quite busy monarch/ tommy cooks/ etc seemed to be in and out all the time

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2010, 19:01
luvly jubbly.
it would be nice to see them getting some long haul flights on the go ie caribbean,mexico,florida,canada,also think they could fill out 767s on the sharm and the canaries routes,all with friendly low fares of course.:)

SCANDIC
2nd Feb 2010, 19:03
I do think that they need some newer aircraft, i hope that they get a 76 sometime. Do you know anything about leasing aircraft i haven't got a clue how it works.

Ballymoss
2nd Feb 2010, 21:29
lets play a little game!

Well if ZB still have l/n125 27/02/87 it's older than their l/n144 31/08/87.
ZB's others fall within the age range of LS's so your point was........
of course their NEW l/n735 06/11/96, a mere youngster at 13 y/o.

How about the ex MYT l/n5 04/02/83, having served Airtours for 10 years
from the age of 12 AFAIK it's still flying for Honeywell!

(parka and bobble hat hung-up)

Fact is, it matters not one jot how old they are but how well the're maintained;)

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

wawkrk
2nd Feb 2010, 21:33
Not many pax listening to that clown chowder.
Summer advance bookings for Jet2 are 4 times higher than last year.

HOODED
2nd Feb 2010, 21:57
Really WAWKRK, and that with Ryanair starting up ex LBA and competing on many of their routes. Guess they must be doing something right! They just need to get Cat3 sorted on their 757s at LBA and they'll be able to compete operationally with them too.:ok:

luvly jubbly
2nd Feb 2010, 22:21
I'm not quite sure what HOODED is getting at, re Jet2's Cat3 capability, but (correct me if I'm wrong!)
B737s are Cat3A aircraft, whereas B757/767 family are Cat3B. I don't know much about LBA, but I always thought that Cat 3B was not allowed there due to the slope of the runway! I have heard that 767s go mental there trying to land on a floor that keeps getting further away from the wheels!! lol:}

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2010, 22:23
just had a gander at the 757 production list many/most of the first built are still in active service in one way or another,in fact quite a few are in service with us airways/delta/and aa,some of the biggest airlines around,my point being if airlines of this size and stature still use them then whats the problem of jet2 useing them?

Jet2krazey
2nd Feb 2010, 22:31
The 757s are an Amazing piece of machinery thats why! love em! :ok:

simonchowder
2nd Feb 2010, 22:37
No problem at all operating older aircraft if you have the engineering support to maintain those aircraft correctly ,problems arise when you try and do it on a shoestring, case in point jet 2, dreadfull dispatch reliability because they havent got the engineering expertise to support the old aircraft there operating , end result is people choose to fly with someone else which is no doubt why the majority of jet2,s aircraft are at present sat around doing very little.

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2010, 22:41
jet2krazey totally agree with you great aircraft and looks fantastic:ok:

Ballymoss
2nd Feb 2010, 22:46
I still can't find that w:mad:ker smilie:\

It really should be there somewhere....

Rgds
The Moss:ok:

757flyer
2nd Feb 2010, 22:56
chowder you are an ass and dont have a CLUE on what you are talking about, you are a recruitment consultant, you recruit engineers for monarch, you count paper clips, now go and do what you are good at and shine your ass behind your sad desk. You make allegations that are damn right SLANDER with NO basis of ANY truth.

I like monarch they are a good outfit, and competition is healthy, however your never ending bile and LIES about jet2 is not doing Monarch any favours if they are accociated with you!

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2010, 23:04
simonchunder.
this is getting ridiculous,we get the message that you hate jet2 and love monarch,if jet2 did go under which airline would you choose to pick on next? do you ever give a thought to the people who work for jet2?
now why dont you put on your spotty m jimjams cuddle up to your monarch teddy bear and dream about the engineers you could be hiring for monarch,dont have nightmares about that pesky jet2 and thier nasty friendly low fares, nite nite big boy x

Carnethy
2nd Feb 2010, 23:09
Ignore simonchowder. He is on all airline forums dissing this & downing that. He should be barred by the moderators, but clearly they are not monitoring this particular forum. I will e-mail them. He was a pain in the a*se on the old GSM thread. Thinks he's above everyone....pratt!

Anyhoo, back to topic. Compared to many, the new 757 to Jet2 is not old, do we know where it is to be based? As I've already said, Edinburgh is desperate for Jet2 to expand there. We need a lo-co to serve destinations like SSH, PFO, FNC, DLM, etc since GSM's demise.
Even if MON do expand at EDI, their prices are way too high.......Jet2 could make a kill! Come on Jet2, lets see a silver 757 at EDI!

DADDY-OH!
2nd Feb 2010, 23:14
Chowder

For christ sake! Why oh why oh why do you have to spout your crap?

Is it because Jet2 is LoCost?
Is it because Jet2 operates older equipment?
Is it because Jet2 are the only airline that are expanding & recruiting?
Is it because Jet2's bookings are way ahead of last years figures?
Is it because Jet2 have survived where some others have failed?
Is it because Jet2 is a 'Northern' company serving the North of England, Northern Ireland & possibly soon to be Scotland.

What, in God's name do you have against Jet2 & what fuels your bile?

Would you feel happier if Jet2 went bust?

I've read your posts & you appear to have lots to say which is totally devoid of substance, fact or relevance.

Basically, when it comes to aviation, your general ignorance shines through & it's blatantly obvious you know two thirds of three fifths of c*ck all, Laddie!

Now... was there anything else????

purplehelmet
2nd Feb 2010, 23:31
daddy-oh. once again i applaud your post sir:D
why oh why would anyone try and slag of a up and comeing airline creating new jobs in this enviroment is beyond me:ugh:.
talking of jobs many congrates on your new post m8 and best wishes:ok:

bluepilot
2nd Feb 2010, 23:51
Someone questioned the CAT III capability at LBA re jet2. Let me put the record straight. Runway 32 is the only cat II /III runway avail at LBA, it has a hump on the touchdown zone followed by a downslope. The 737 series aircraft have an early form of autoland which is quite crude by modern standards which do not kick off drift etc (2 axis) and thump the aircraft at the runway, (works but crude) limited to cat IIIa operations. Later aircraft (Fokker F70/F100, B757/767, A320 series etc) have a 3 axis autoland system, much more complex and cat iiiB capable. However because the aircraft kick off drift and "feel" for the landing using the rad alt, with the hump and downslope on runway 32 there is a danger that the aircraft would float and land far too deep, therefore most operators ban autoland on these newer aircraft types at LBA. Just a quirk of the airfield i am afraid. Therefore Jet2 737s are catIII capable at LBA the 757s are not.

HOODED
3rd Feb 2010, 07:22
blue pilot , you've got in 1. The problem is that nothing other than the 737s can use the Cat 3 on 32. Ryanair only operate 737s Jet2 use 757 and may soon use 767s ex LBA. The fact that LBA is the highest airport in the UK means it is also one of the poorest for weather. All I was saying is Jet2 will suffer in Cat3 conditions compared to its new rival at LBA because of this. PIA have recently done some Cat2 approaches into LBA and have been lucky over the winter with their A310s. It's about time the problem was resolved by the airport but it seems they'd rather put money into a new terminal upgrade with lots more shops. I guess thats commercial sense but if you end up loosing all the biggest ac on bad weather days then it's not just the shops that suffer! I'd just like Jet2 to be able to compete on an equal footing but the airport don't seem to attach any priority to this unlike MAN/LTN!