PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

lagerlout
5th Jun 2009, 18:16
and more recently a couple of charter flights to montreal!

L1649
5th Jun 2009, 18:51
Remember last year, the lucky ones who booked first paid £579* whilst those who waited a while paid £259*.

* Basic flight cost including taxes.I'm fairly sure that £579 included 3 nights accommodation.

eaw
5th Jun 2009, 20:20
Whatever the cost you need to make sure that you are insured/pay by credit card as getting your money back from Jet2 when they cancel flights - Paris & Krakow in the last month - takes considerably longer than it takes them to part you from you hard earned dosh.

TSR2
5th Jun 2009, 23:52
I'm fairly sure that £579 included 3 nights accommodation

No, that was the initial flight only price. The initial price with hotel was from £699.

NSYNK
16th Jun 2009, 16:49
Extremely rare that a flight is cancelled and when they do they have historically looked after their passengers very well, with hotel accommodation,meals and alternative flights. Not something I have seen with any other lower cost operator.

conti onepass
22nd Jun 2009, 20:54
just done a round trip to ibiza from manchester, outbound very old 737 no legroom, in bound 757 lovely, cabin crews very nice both ways. come on lets get rid of them boneshakers.

newtownards
25th Jun 2009, 11:59
Hi guys,
i realise this discussion has been going on for quite a while, but I was speaking to a member of CC and a Jet2 engineer yesterday, they were both talking about getting trained for the 767, and that there is/was one or 2 767s floating around in Stansted very slowly being painted up for the job

757 Speedbrakes
25th Jun 2009, 14:17
Not sure about that?

Spoke to what I'd call a reliable source the other day who said they'll be looking at the end of 09/10.

newtownards
25th Jun 2009, 14:30
That would make sense, to say the least they couldnt bring them in immediately when long haul seats aren't being sold right now, but it looks like Jet2 are getting prepared for the possibility of the widebody (this is only what ive heard crew saying). Personally i hope they do well and give the likes of Globespan a run for their money :)

25th Jun 2009, 14:43
Doubt very much there will be much competition with Globespan unless a large program for Canada is in their sights. There has been specualtion Globespan are considering SFB and carribean from the likes of MAN and LGW when the new 787's arrive or as early as next year with the introduction of a 4th 767.

Do we think jet2 will be going for a 767-200 or 300? (if it does actually happen)

What kind of routes? (if it does happen eventually)

jethro15
25th Jun 2009, 14:54
.............when the new 787's arrive
The eternal optimist

MUFC_fan
25th Jun 2009, 15:19
Probably the 763 - more widely used and more attractable to other carriers who may want to charter it.

commit aviation
25th Jun 2009, 17:27
Also heard credible rumours about the 767 on the horizon however, it has been said before! (...so I'll believe it when it comes over the threshold!)

As to which type: it depends what / where they want to go as to which type they aquire. The -300 offers more seats so more potential return but the -200 would give better performance out of LBA (if that was the proposed point of departure.)

On another topic the extra 733 rumour must be true: GCGET appeared over the threshold at LBIA this afternoon! It was promptly tucked up in the hangar - no doubt to receive Jet 2 decals over the weekend.

MUFC_fan
25th Jun 2009, 17:29
I think the 767 will be put in at MAN if it was to arrive.

Bigger market and more opportunities.

commit aviation
25th Jun 2009, 17:46
.....& a bigger ramp with somewhere to park it!! :}

BLKsheriff
25th Jun 2009, 17:48
G-CGET is not listed on the CAA fleet list for Dart Group....but it is listed under Jet2 for the take-off weights (and the job said I couldn't investigate my way out of a paper bag :ok:):

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1425/Jet2comMTOWSpreadsheet20090622.pdf

Checking the serial number (27455) it was recently G-TOYE (BMI Baby) and was only registered as CGET on 17th June.

Could this be the 3rd a/c for BLK next year???

25th Jun 2009, 18:34
Come on jethro the 787 will fly eventually!!!! :bored:

no sponsor
25th Jun 2009, 19:46
to be used as a spare/standby aircraft.

newtownards
26th Jun 2009, 00:35
I had a quick chat with Leeds crew today, they were saying they were expecting a 'reletively newer' aircraft to arrive at some point today, being leased apparantly

flybar
26th Jun 2009, 06:53
It arrived - G-TOYE - only 14 years old!!

Now showing as G-CGET on the CAA database

daz211
27th Jun 2009, 09:51
OO-LTU of Virgin Express and then G-TOYE of BMI Baby
and NOW G-CGET :8.

colinhunn
27th Jun 2009, 11:23
The management of NWI are set to announce some new flights and the Dart Group's Pa-31 visited NWI last week.

Could Jet2 be about to announce flights from NWI? Has anybody heard any rumours?

harrogate
29th Jun 2009, 00:10
They are meant to be announcing a new airport this week, yes.

Do the maths :ok:

MUFC_fan
29th Jun 2009, 00:15
MJV, ALC, AGP and PMI with one based a/c.:ok:

Throw in BFS for good measure starting S10.

29th Jun 2009, 12:24
You think Jet2 would ever try out of the Glasgow market with the traditional summer spots, ALC, PMI etc?

JobsaGoodun
29th Jun 2009, 12:30
MJV, ALC, AGP and PMI with one based a/c.

Throw in BFS for good measure starting S10.

I'm quite astonished! Flybe couldn't make these routes work ex NWI and I think they will be slim pickings for Jet2 aswell.

That said, I'll wish them the best of luck. I guess they do have the added benefit of Jet2Holidays to help them sell the seats.

INKJET
29th Jun 2009, 13:55
They'll need it

The road network in that part of the world is crap (no motorways & few dual carriage ways) its often quicker to drive further west LTN,STN,EMA, Robin hood

MUFC_fan
29th Jun 2009, 14:15
Those are the usual routes that get the nod - BE charge much higher fares than these airlines do.

JobsaGoodun
29th Jun 2009, 15:31
Those are the usual routes that get the nod - BE charge much higher fares than these airlines do.

BE started operating the routes at NWI with Astraeus 737's and lead in fares at £39 IIRC. As INKJET says, I think they will find that the lure of STN will put a stop to any serious success - it's simply too close to be able to justify the higher costs ex NWI.

UFGBOY
29th Jun 2009, 15:36
Couple of years ago they were looking at ex GF 762 ?

conti onepass
29th Jun 2009, 21:40
jet2 now charging 6 pounds to check in even if you use the online check in facility!!!!! when is all this going to stop!!!! no wonder people are not flying. its becoming a rip off

jet2impress
29th Jun 2009, 22:19
£3pp each way actually! So, not a huge amount, but still a bit weird. Surly such a nominal amount could of been hidden somewhere else in the booking process, rather that actually having a check in fee? I am confused?

TSR2
29th Jun 2009, 22:52
£12 return if you check-in at the airport.

All these extra's add up. No wonder charter services are doing so well.

Ametyst2
30th Jun 2009, 07:58
Charter services have plenty of add-on charges:-MealsSeats togetherHold BaggageFuel SurchargeATOL protectionCharity DonationTicket on Departure charges (for late bookings)

deltahotel9
30th Jun 2009, 08:47
If you have no choice but to pay for something it should be included in the base fare, you can't not check in for a flight so why charge extra? Personally I'd rather the headline fare was £10 higher than have all these silly add ons. In the old days there was the fare, and a credit card charge - simple, now its just so complicated!

take-off
30th Jun 2009, 09:34
Still says free online checkin on jet2 homepage?

conti onepass
30th Jun 2009, 09:44
ive justed booked charged me 6 pound check in fee, even though im using on line check in, no point ringing up to enquire cos the call centre is in india, and when u ring they r really not helpfull at all

take-off
30th Jun 2009, 09:50
Well could try your local trading standards office..sure they'd be more than helpful.

Have to say have tried booking and it didnt add a charge, but did add 3.00 on top of the baggage charge so maybe thats it ???

Envoy320
30th Jun 2009, 12:07
they will charge you one way or another....anything to increase the price.

the only way you can do it cheaper is to check in online with no baggage at all....rarely happens if you are going on a trip!

NSYNK
30th Jun 2009, 14:39
Problem is the vast majority of customers only look at the headline fare.

If the headline fair is £10 more they say I'm not paying that I will book pikey for 99p. Then when they get all the way through to the payment part of the pikey website they say "oh look Jet2 was actually £5 cheaper-never mind I am on here now and can't be bothered to enter all those details agian I will just pay the £5 extra"

It is how it works and untill that stops the system just won't change.

Envoy320
30th Jun 2009, 15:25
It is how it works and untill that stops the system just won't change. they will always find a way around it......:=

TSR2
30th Jun 2009, 15:42
Quote from Conti Onepass
no point ringing up to enquire cos the call centre is in india, and when u ring they r really not helpfull at all

Yes that is true but if you write to Customer Services in Leeds you will get a prompt response.

TSR2
30th Jun 2009, 15:55
Quote from deltahotel9
If you have no choice but to pay for something it should be included in the base fare

Fully agree but they get round it by making it a variable charge (£6 for on-line check-in, £12 airport check-in) so it would be difficult to incorporate into the basic fare.

Envoy320
30th Jun 2009, 16:02
Fully agree but they get round it by making it a variable charge (£6 for on-line check-in, £12 airport check-in)

Does the law not require them to add on the £6 compulsory online check in fare and then add another "optional" £6 for checking in at the airport??

just a thought...

TSR2
30th Jun 2009, 17:07
Good Point Envoy320.

TSR2
30th Jun 2009, 18:32
Ametyst2

Charter services have plenty of add-on charges

Recently flew charter with MON and the only add-on was meals and they were optional.

MUFC_fan
30th Jun 2009, 18:34
Does the law not require them to add on the £6 compulsory online check in fare and then add another "optional" £6 for checking in at the airport??

just a thought...

Just like Ryanair. I made this point before but seems we don't abide by laws set by Brussels!:ugh:

righthandrule
30th Jun 2009, 18:45
Lets clear this up, this is the check in pricing structure:

Online Check In - Hand Luggage - Free
Online Check In - Hold Luggage - £3
Airport Check In - Hand Luggage - £3
Airport Check In - Hold Luggage - £6

The Check in fee cannot be included in the base fare as it is a variable cost. However don't try pull a fast one and select online check in then turn up to the airport not checked in, as you will be charged for the fee to use the airport check in desk. Should you turn up checked in but lost/didn't print out a boarding pass we will print you one out free of charge (Ryanair charge £40 to print out a boarding pass!!)

The best way to do it for a party of 2+ is to simply book only the amount of bags you need (you can get a lot in a case weighing 22kg's) and for the rest of the group select online check in.

kingdee
30th Jun 2009, 20:21
So e.g. you check in on line who ask,s the security questions when you used to check in at the desk ? Or is this just passing the buck back to the Security staff?

conti onepass
30th Jun 2009, 20:23
you answer the questions on line when you check in

Envoy320
1st Jul 2009, 14:20
Got to be bonkers flying Jet2 with all the snide add ons

Why are they snide?

what makes them more snide than the Ryanair add-ons, the easyjet add-ons, the thomson add-ons, the TCX add-ons, the flybe.........

i could go on for ever.......

They are not snide add-ons they are optional. READ carefully when booking and the price will be clear before you pay.

righthandrule
1st Jul 2009, 16:43
Its all well and good complaining about Jet2's fees but here is a BA style comparison of Jet2's fees and Ryanair's fees.

Based on LBA-BCN (Jet2) and LBA-GRO (Ryanair) on 1st/2nd September, online check in with one bag.

Base Fare - £0.99 (Jet2) - £0 (Ryanair)
Taxes - £9 (J2) - £31.56 (Ryanair)
Check In Fee - £6 (J2) - £5 (Ryanair)
Bags - £9.99 (22kg J2) - £10 (15kg Ryanair)
Payment Fee (Debit Card) - £2.49 (J2) - £5 (Ryanair)

Total - £25.47 (J2) - £51.56 (Ryanair)

Extra Fees

Airport Check in + 1 bag - £15.99 (J2) - £50 (Ryanair)
Excess baggage - £8/kg - (J2) - £15/kg (Ryanair)
Name Change - £27.50 - (J2) - £100 (Ryanair)
Boarding Card Re issue - Free (J2) - £40 (Ryanair)
Sports Equipment - £20 (J2) - £30 (Ryanair)
Instrument - £22.50 (J2) - £30 (Ryanair)

I know who I would rather travel with, and not have a rather hefty transport charge to get me to Barcelona after the flight, but I do have a slight bias. Not that Jet2 don't have some bad points ...!

A lot of staff think that Jet2 have wasted a load of time (and money) on the whole 'A great deal friendlier' image for the company, but today was a classic example of how it is working. At LBA Check in all extra legroom seats were on buy one - get one free or half price for a single passenger.(£10 for a 4 hour flight to Cyprus) Fastrack Check In, Security fastrack and a meal deal onboard for £15. Needless to say sales were up 3x the normal level.

Ernest Lanc's
1st Jul 2009, 19:21
Fully agree but they get round it by making it a variable charge (£6 for on-line check-in, £12 airport check-in) so it would be difficult to incorporate into the basic fare.

That I doubt will be the case for much longer TSR2 - Jet2 will almost certainly go down the line of one line check in only. So the charge would be easy to incorporate.

Still says free online checkin on jet2 homepage?
Fooled me as well. But when you do a mock book in, the charge is there from the start. Made a right fool out of me the way they did it.

MUFC_fan
1st Jul 2009, 19:56
I personally just look at what the final price is and just select what I need (bags etc.)

I doesn't make a difference whether they include it in the price - I still have to pay the same! So I just look at the final price and then make a decision.

Ernest Lanc's
1st Jul 2009, 20:04
That's very true, the amount is the same no matter what. But I could see how some people would look at the £3-00 charge as an extra charge, and could be put off.

It has not affected me thus far as I booked before this new charge, and am prepared for it in the future. But if I was Jet2 I would no rely on people being so understanding, and incorporate the charges into the base charge as soon as is feasible, because they have to get rid of airport check in first.

take-off
1st Jul 2009, 20:12
while the argument about the way airlines advertise flights will go on and on, personally i think they should not be allowed to advertise a flight at 99p when you have absolutely no chance of getting it at that price once taxes have been added on, how airlines get away with this sort of practice i dont know, any other company would have been pulled by either trading standards or the asa by now, its like seeing an advert for tesco selling beans for 39p then finding you have a check out fee, shelf filling fee, fee for using a basket, etc..the list is endless... yes can understand the baggage fees being left off.. but really why they cant advertise a flight (baggage free) with taxes included as a basic flight price, cant be that difficult surely, and before people say well charges are different at different airports, then airlines should be made to state in the adverts where these flights are from and what days they are available, which they rarely do.

righthandrule
1st Jul 2009, 21:09
take-off, i completely agree. It is however possible to get the advertised fare, but it is very very hard! I have only ever managed to get the very very cheap fares once with Ryanair on one of those 1p jobs, Jet2 has had some issues before about its website and prices it offers and now makes it possible to purchase flights at the advertised fare.

As per advertised the website you can very easily (virtually every day in August/September) go to Amsterdam for example, for £2.99 all in. Providing you travel with hand luggage only, check in online and do not pre select your seat and pay by solo or electron card. I use the Jet2 website daily and increasingly you are able to get flights for the base advertised price, i dont use the Ryanair site much but it seems that no matter what you do you have to pay the check in fee so it is not ever possible to get a flight at the advertised price.

Its beyond me how Jet2 make any money on the LBA - AMS/DUS/BFS as they average loads of around 90 passengers which around 50 are hand luggage only online check in passengers.

Ernest Lanc's
1st Jul 2009, 21:53
I say "it's hard".
In my experience 99p flights are always at obscure times when you can't possible use them. Families with kids at school have no chance.

When I see the bargains on Jet2 or other sites, I don't even bother to look anymore.

righthandrule
1st Jul 2009, 22:24
I say "it's hard".

;)

Yeah it is diffucult to find a decent timed flight for a very cheap price, but as Ryanair have shown in the past that people wil give up pretty much anything to get where they want to go cheaply. I guess until someone puts a stop to it all airlines will still advertise the lowest fares that are difficult to get.

To be honest I do not think Jet2 will go the Ryanair route and get rid of check in desks, a lot of the Greek/Turkish/Med holiday spot flights are sold as packages/block bookings by travel agents and as far as a lot of people are concerned, more often than not don't even know who they are flying with until they get to the airport - ask them if they have checked in online and they just look at you like you are from outer space.

Ernest Lanc's
1st Jul 2009, 23:30
more often than not don't even know who they are flying with until they get to the airport[ - ]ask them if they have checked in online and they just look at you like you are from outer space.

Good point. I think that this particular group of passengers will get a surprise at the airport when they are asked to cough up £6-00 each.

The problem here is that if package holiday passengers aren't asked to cough up, that would be discriminating against Internet pax, and Jet2 is a dot com airline.

On the other hand those buying package holidays won't have the chance to check in on line, so they will lose out not being given the option of the £3 check in on line charge, which is half the airport check in charge.
Good point, there has to be an answer.

TSR2
1st Jul 2009, 23:59
Ernest

Good point. I think that this particular group of passengers will get a surprise at the airport when they are asked to cough up £6-00 each.

No one will be asked to cough up the Check-in Fee at the airport (and its £12 for airport check-in). It applies to new bookings only and the fee becomes part of the total cost of your flight.

Ernest Lanc's
2nd Jul 2009, 00:38
No one will be asked to cough up the Check-in Fee at the airport (and its £12 for airport check-in).

Well fair enough - But if you are saying that when Jet2 give you the option to check in online or not, then if you said no they would charge you £12 (£6 each way), then the question is ridiculous.

I was basing my £3 on a one way flight with an on line check in.

Even though it's a new charge which I was aware (you announced it) What happens to package holiday users who pick a package with Jet2 as a carrier?. That is bound to mean IMO that they would pay the maximum charge, because you have to:-

a) Give your passport details (in manage bookings), before,

b) You buy your seats. to enable you to,

c) Check in on line.

Can't see how that could be dome on a package, as you have to make the necessary declarations and check in online yourselves.

It is getting late and I am sure there must be an answer, but it evades me at the moment.

TSR2
2nd Jul 2009, 09:49
Ernest

What happens to package holiday users who pick a package with Jet2 as a carrier?.

Jet2 Holiday customers are allowed 1 FREE bag so no additional charges for baggage, seat selection or check-in fee. Notice I use the word additional. The cost of these services will probably be built into the holiday price.

righthandrule
2nd Jul 2009, 13:31
There are a few scenarios that happen;

1) Jet2Holidays has a deal with World Choice agents, it is now also available in all major travel agencies much like Thomas Cook/Thomson packages, Althams travel agent put a LOT of passengers through LBA on Jet2Holidays packages. Each passenger gets 1 bag on a Jet2Holiday package, it shows up of the check in system as a package holiday.

2) Independent groups like Holiday Options block book seats and package the holiday themselves - most are good and arrange with Jet2 that each travelling passenger will have one bag, the passenger has no idea about the fee structure, they simply know they are allowed 2 bags at 22kgs. Shows on the system as a normal flight booking with X amount of bags.

3) Travel Agents book the tickets themselves on behalf of the customer i.e. on Jet2 website, and generally will select airport check in & one bag per travelling passenger. However it appears some agents book say one passenger airport check in with 1 bag, and the second passenger online check in without a bag, it is of course not the passengers fault as they have no idea about the charges. This is where it becomes difficult as we are MEANT to charge the passenger the £6 airport check-in fee, but needless to say most don’t. If you explain it to the passenger they are usually okay about paying as we recommend they take the proof of purchase back to the travel agent once they get back from holiday and claim it back, as they have messed up (and after all it is usually only around £6 they pay) the passengers are usually understanding about this, they know its not Jet2’s fault as the travel agent has booked the ticket incorrectly.

Its quite interesting to see the mixture of passengers on the flights, hats off to the big boys who thought up the Jet2Holidays idea, it really has paid off, on the Rhodes, Crete etc flights the majority are travelling on Jet2Holidays packages. Thomas Cook are a good customer of Jet2 and put a lot of Jet2Holidays packages through the airport despite having their own holidays to the same destinations. As a result you will never find a Jet2 B757 going to a med holiday destination with less than 200 passengers on. I believe LBA-Rhodes had 220 on a 228 seat B757 yesterday, and has done since the route started in May. Some decisions by the company (which have been well publicised on here) are utterly stupid, but some of them are very good, Jet2Holidays and purchasing B757's are some of them!

ryand36
2nd Jul 2009, 19:52
Hey

I know that Jet2 operate evening cargo services throughout the UK form London Stansted. I was wondering what these services consist of and whether or not the plane just sits at Stansted all day or does it operate passenger flights during the day? If not is their potential for Jet2 to operate some from Stansted do you think?

no sponsor
2nd Jul 2009, 20:40
G-CELP is the 737-300 QC aircraft based at STN.

It is scheduled to fly the 1st class Royal Mail to Scotland Mon-Fri evenings. At the weekends she is busy on another freight contract. During the day (the passenger seats are loaded on) it is available for charters, and is used quite frequently.

Ernest Lanc's
2nd Jul 2009, 20:43
Jet2 Holiday customers are allowed 1 FREE bag so no additional charges for baggage, seat selection or check-in fee. Notice I use the word additional. The cost of these services will probably be built into the holiday price.

Yes I can see how that would work with Jet2 Holidays. However I can see a problem if people book through say - On The Beach" who build a package for you.

They use low cost airlines like Jet2, so what if they or others don't write in the cost of an airport check in?.

This is when I tried to book for one person on 27th July to Alicante for one person

With On The Beach.

Flight Out
Date: 27 Jul 2009
Departs Blackpool at 09:15
Arrives Alicante at 13:00
Reference: LS739

Flight Back
Date: 3 Aug 2009
Departs Alicante at 13:40
Arrives Blackpool at 15:30
Reference: LS740 1 Adults x £296.00
Flight price includes
flight seat,
passenger duty,
fuel supplement
and ticket on departure/delivery fee
Flights Total: £296.00

With Jet2

Running Total All Passengers

Base Fare£219.98
Taxes£34.00
Bags£19.98
Check-in fee£12.00
Total:£285.96

What I am getting at is if the total for On The Beach does not include the £12 airport check in fee, then will that be asked for at the airport.

Secondly - With On The Beach it is impossible to check in online, so the cheaper option never applies if booking through travel agents (you have to book in online yourself and make the necessary declarations.

So it seems it is an ill thought out charge, as booking not online with Jet2, probably means you never get an option for the cheaper £6 check in on line charge.

Boeing 77W
2nd Jul 2009, 21:36
G-CELW operates mail flights to East Mids from Exeter during the week. It's parked up at Exeter during the day and is in a cargo configuration, still in the Channel Express livery...

TSR2
2nd Jul 2009, 22:58
Originally posted by Ernest Lancs
What I am getting at is if the total for On The Beach does not include the £12 airport check in fee, then will that be asked for at the airport.

My understanding is that no payment will be requested at the airport in respect of check-in.

So it seems it is an ill thought out charge

What it really means is there is no way that LS can move towards abolishing airport check-in desks completely.

It may appear that on the face of it those people who book flights on-line direct with the airline (and consequently have to pay a Check-in Fee be it for on-line or airport check-in) are subsidising those who's flight is part of a package or from an agent, as they do not appear to pay anything for airport check-in. However, in reality this additional fee will no doubt be incorporated into the overall package price and not highlighted as a specific cost.

TSR2
2nd Jul 2009, 23:09
Righthandrule,
'A great deal friendlier' image for the company, but today was a classic example of how it is working. At LBA Check in all extra legroom seats were on buy one - get one free or half price for a single passenger.(£10 for a 4 hour flight to Cyprus) Fastrack Check In, Security fastrack and a meal deal onboard for £15. Needless to say sales were up 3x the normal level.

What has a bogof offer on extra legroom seats to do with the image 'A Great Deal Friendlier' or does the image mean something different to you than me.

lagerlout
3rd Jul 2009, 16:12
NWI --- Ha ha !!

Yorkshire265
3rd Jul 2009, 16:38
What are the chances of Jet2 oporating at Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield in Summer 2010?? They seem to use it quite a lot for Diversions/Emergencys etc....

ryand36
3rd Jul 2009, 16:40
Thanks for the info about STN. What sort of times is the plane available for charter work out of curiosity.?

Musket90
3rd Jul 2009, 17:53
ryand36 - I believe the STN based aircraft weekday Royal Mail flights are around 2300 ish to Edinburgh and return early hours and at weekends possibly an early morning Jersey and return mid-morning. So it should be available for passenger flights outside these times.

johnnychips
3rd Jul 2009, 22:28
There's been odd rumours of talk between DSA and Jet2 management, but these seem to have been about diversionary flights. LBA and DSA seem to complement each other in poor weather as LBA gets hill fogs/winds and DSA gets low-lying frost fogs which don't usually occur at the same time.

DSA IMHO is a bit too close to Leeds and is served by TOM and FR to the sort of destinations Jet2 go to in these present conditions. When things pick up in a couple of years, who knows? TOM had good loads (but don't know about yields) on its city routes like AMS and PRG but then changed its business model. FlyBE picked up Jersey, but Ryanair and Easyjet didn't succed with Pisa and Geneva (Winter) respectively even when times were better. TOM has pulled off its winter GVA flight but there are rumours FlyBE might take it on.

Yorkshire265
4th Jul 2009, 10:35
ok thanks for the information

freightdoggy dog
4th Jul 2009, 20:16
ryand36

PM me and i'll put you in touch with the right department/person if you have a specific request re LP in STN.

Rgds FDD

PURPLE PITOT
4th Jul 2009, 20:58
Did they ever fix the raingully over the l1 door on LP?

BAe 146-100
5th Jul 2009, 22:29
Are Jet2 still doing payable hot meals on board?

They were doing them last August for 5 pounds when I last flew on them, quite tempting. Are they any good?

TSR2
6th Jul 2009, 07:54
I believe hot meals must be pre-purchased at £8 per meal. If you have booked a return flight you have to pay for both flights.

Regarding quality, it depends on how you rate airline food. Jet2 are no better or worse than any other airline. Personally I think they are fine but poor value for money.

3bars
6th Jul 2009, 08:28
Rumour has it that 2 shiney 767's are being slowly painted in Jet2 colours in Stansted...can anyone confirm the rumour?

Whitehatter
6th Jul 2009, 11:28
Just a casual question if anyone has an idea...

How is the interior project working out? I have noticed LS rotating aircraft between other bases and Leeds (LSAC was swapped for LSAB and then back at Manchester) and was wondering if this was for the fitting of the new red seats.

Have any been done yet and which ones? I'd like to think I would be travelling on a refurbed 752 when I fly LS for the first time in the near future. The new slimline seats do look to be a little more firm and robust.

jet2impress
6th Jul 2009, 13:18
Personally I think the hot meals are of a high standard and good value for money. The meal comes with a salad starter, main course, dessert, bread and butter, cheese and crackers, small chocolate bar and a large tea or coffee. That's a larger meal than what some airlines dish out on long haul routes in economy!

newtownards
6th Jul 2009, 13:26
767's at Jet2?
'Rumour has it that 2 shiney 767's are being slowly painted in Jet2 colours in Stansted...can anyone confirm the rumour?'

Ive heard the exact same thing from Jet2 crew about 1 or 2 weeks ago

TSR2
6th Jul 2009, 15:00
Personally I think the hot meals are of a high standard and good value for money

Perhaps you have a vested interest in the sale of on-board catering :ok:

plasticAF
7th Jul 2009, 01:11
Nothing heard yet. mind you, us "bottom feeders" won't know until they land. Same as happened with ET. Comment went "new planes in the hanger" reply was "b:mad:r me! where did that come from"

I await the sound of wheels hitting the tarmac.

plastic

EGBKFLYER
7th Jul 2009, 07:23
This is part of the J2 standard-issue rumour pack.

The cycle begins with rumours of NGs, which are variously being looked at in the Middle East, painted in Shannon, Southend, Lasham or Belgrade. Then they disappear and are replaced by the possibility of 767s, which are also being painted in Southend or Shannon (strangely never Lasham or Belgrade). They usually stop getting painted because we have rejected them for being crap or Chinese or because Philip is in Seattle or the Middle East looking at or buying A300s, A340s more NGs or an Embraer (the latter is a 2008 minor mod to the rumour pack). Something more interesting occurs at this stage (e.g. a uniform policy or annual leave or something) and the rumours stop for 2.6 months before beginning at the beginning. I believe the process will be detailed in the Ops Manual revision in November. :}

BOAC
7th Jul 2009, 07:37
What would life be without the fun rumours, though?

no sponsor
7th Jul 2009, 10:25
Lack of battleship-grey paint is the reason they are being slowly painted. In an effort to give the FD something to do in the winter, our T&Cs are being increased yet further by allowing us to transport gallons of the wet dye from a certain ship-builder on the Clyde who has too much of it at present. Crews are being asked to purchase their own overalls and a paint brush from B&Q.

SOP 12228-45 refers.

The96er
7th Jul 2009, 18:41
Will these Qantas 767's be the ex BA ones ??

OliWW
7th Jul 2009, 18:55
What routes will they be looking at with a B763

Sanford? New York? Toronto? or the other way, Dubai?, Abu Dhabi? Islamabad? challange PK on the route from LBA and MAN

commit aviation
7th Jul 2009, 19:18
Oh dear! There are no 767s yet OliWW - just a big wind up.

I am also pretty sure they won't be painting anything anywhere slowly ....J2 never normally do anything slowly!! (The new 737 didn't get painted at all!)

If / when it happens, no doubt it will be the usual mad rush with nobody being told anything until very late in the day & then everyone managing to get everything ready with seconds to spare
.....or not (in which case it will be very late with 757s deputising and ops & crewing pulling multiple rabbits from various hats in the wee small hours!) :}

bluepilot
8th Jul 2009, 18:45
It was announced today that the management of the Dart group (parent to JET2) have reached agreement with British Airways over the acquisition from a number of museums and reintroduction to service of four Concorde airframes. British Airways will provide a training package to Jet2. It is understood that the aircraft will be reconfigured to 150 seats from the current 100. A spokesperson for JET2 said “this is a very exciting time for Jet2 and our passengers, we believe that a Tenerife service in two hours is just what our customers want, the age of the Concords fit nicely into the average age of our current fleet”. BA and Jet2 refused to comment on the price agreed for the airframes.

pabely
8th Jul 2009, 19:23
But what about the B787's which arrive next month.....?:eek:
Will replace all the fleet by the end of 2009!:hmm:

commit aviation
8th Jul 2009, 19:32
At the risk of being dull & adding some real news:
S10 started to go on sale today.

LBA-ACE/AGP/ALC/HER/LCA/RHO/TFS (Alegedly PFO & CFU as well but I can't find them!)

BCN/FAO/MJV/PMI tomorrow.

bluepilot
9th Jul 2009, 20:28
A380s wont fit on the ramp at LBA ! So concorde it is :p

yeo valley
9th Jul 2009, 20:30
not only A380 wont fit ram. its also a new plane.

HH6702
11th Jul 2009, 12:16
It doesn't state in flight mag that the 4 767's are going to jet2. It states that 4 aircraft will leave at the end of the year from the qf fleet.

HOODED
11th Jul 2009, 14:44
The QF 763s are odball ac in that they are ex BA aircraft with RR engines which makes them quite rare and also therefore less easy to place with existing 767 operators. IF Jet2 were interested in a 4 ac mini fleet then I suspect they could get these ac at a good price. PM is no fool so I suspect there may be a tad of truth in this one. :}

Whitehatter
11th Jul 2009, 15:33
What complicates matters is that they were leased to QANTAS from BA, and it would presumably mean BA would need to be involved in any sale. They have excess capacity at the moment and will not want to bring those aircraft back to Blighty, although would BA be amenable to selling to another UK carrier...?

It would have some attractive aspects though. LS gets them cheap, BA can sell some inventory to provision them, and import/export is easier as they are still capital assets of British Airways despite being rented to QF.

IB4138
13th Jul 2009, 10:44
Frequent flyer club "My Jet 2" launched.

Web site states you can only register if you have a residential address in UK or Spain, but only the UK features on the registration drop down address menu. So you can't register if you live in Spain!

Another cock up from the promotions and IT departments! :ugh:

MUFC_fan
13th Jul 2009, 12:08
So you can't register if you live in Spain!

Most people living around the airports served by Jet2 in Spain have a house/residence in the UK:ok:

Nothing to do with the free health care or anything like that!:}

take-off
14th Jul 2009, 08:53
Well you see, all 4 767's are bound for BLK, to do multiple daily flights to london:E:E:E, maybe the odd ALicante flight flight to accomadate all the fleeing landladies at end of illuminations ..lol!!!!:}

take-off
14th Jul 2009, 08:55
not forgettin taking on manx 2 on the IOM route with new A380:ok::ok:

harrogate
14th Jul 2009, 13:36
The 767-300ERs would only be for Manchester, right?

A full one couldn't get off the deck at LBA, surely?

Leodis
14th Jul 2009, 13:47
Harrogate

Where have you been? What do you think operated the Bridgetown service during the winter? They can certainly get to Toronto and Halifax in Canada as those destinations have been used to refuel en-route to the Caribbean.

Personally I don't think we will see any larger types working for Jet2 for some time to come.

HH6702
14th Jul 2009, 13:54
Hi
I'm guessing it would be 1 x ncl 1 x lba and 2 x man
Other airports may get the odd flight??

The96er
14th Jul 2009, 14:05
And the point of making things up is ..... ?? :rolleyes:

Leodis
14th Jul 2009, 14:17
Boredom probably :rolleyes:

bluepilot
14th Jul 2009, 14:18
does that mean you believed my concorde post as well?

Those of us that have been around this business for some time have learned not to believe any rumours regarding airline fleets until the thing is parked on the tarmac in the airlines colours!!

paully
14th Jul 2009, 14:48
Dont you just love the anoraks eh.........every one a winner:ugh:

Jet2krazey
14th Jul 2009, 15:47
With the 787 delayed! most operators are holding on to their 767s, so prices are too expensive at the mo! id say in a couple of years there will be a few good deals out there to be had and thats when Jet2 will get them! PM definatly wants them! its just getting the right deal, they have already looked at the Gulf air ones and the ex silverjet ones but the airframes were crap and in a worse state than the aircrafts we have now! :O

OliWW
14th Jul 2009, 21:08
When TOM get rid of some of the ex FCA B763, they will be good catches, Built between 1993 - 1995, so newer than Jet2's fleet by about 5-7 years on average :ok:

OliWW
14th Jul 2009, 21:10
When TOM come round to sell of the ex FCA B763, Jet2 should be interested in them, 1993-1995 build, well maintained, though then again, if its a false rumor i doubt it.

757 Speedbrakes
15th Jul 2009, 10:21
With the 787 delayed! most operators are holding on to their 767s

Perhaps but there are still plenty for sale. Just log into a few aircraft sales websites and there are pages upon pages of 75/76's in many varients.

However, its the same old 'trying to find a Aston Martin for Ford Fiesta money' with jet2. Which means whatever turns up will be on its last legs and will end up costing more in parts in the long run................:rolleyes:

As many have said before, wait until there is one on the ramp in jet2 colours. Sourses report anytime between now and never!! :hmm:

silverstreak
15th Jul 2009, 23:13
The BA 767-336s are unique to BA in that the engine is retro-fitable to the B757-236 and the B747-436 in the BA fleet almost off one wing type, and onto another... Fine if you need that flexability, but not so if you just need a B767 to operate low-cost flights for you. Granted RR powered in common with existing jet2 B757 acft, but the B767 with RR engines is not too common.

BA faced this issue when trying to sell some of the 747s to Cathay. Cathay in the end went to SQ and took some of their B747s which had a completely different engine to existing CX B747s.

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Jul 2009, 04:48
Sorry Silverstreak, you do not seem to know to much about the RB.2-11.
There is no way that you can fit a B767 or B747 version of the engine onto a B757, they are a different variant.
The thrust rating for the B767/B747 engine is way higher than that of the B757 and l would guess that only a small percentage of parts are common.
What l can remember some of the RR engines on the BA B767/B747 fleet are a hybrid engine with some of the core from the trent engine.
I am sure someone from BA can confirm this.

bluepilot
16th Jul 2009, 07:52
the RB211-535E4 fitted to the B757-200 is a different spec engine to the RB211 variants fitted to the BA747/767 fleet, true the engines are interchangeable between the BA 767s and the 747s, the joke was would you rather cross the atlantic with two new engines or four knakered ones as the low time / refurb engines were fitted to the 767s and the high time engines to the 747s! Some years ago there was a program of updating these engines with RR trent cores but whether any of these were fitted to the 767 i do not know.

The BA 767s are a white elephant, they are unique in the fact that they are RR powered and in the past not even the RAF would buy them from BA. If they were cheap enough i could see PM buying some, BUT i very much doubt it due to the spares problems associated with the BA airframes. It is rumoured that IF PM does buy any 767s he wants GE powered airframes.

Whitehatter
16th Jul 2009, 08:29
That's the whole point of my idle musings. With the BA 763s being the red haired stepchild of the global 767 fleet then they will certainly not command any major price tag.

ideal for Mr Meeson then when BA do start pulling them off the line? Buy it, fly it, scrap it when it's knackered.

harrogate
16th Jul 2009, 14:23
Harrogate

Where have you been?

Sydney.

Can't see LBA from here. Not even on a clear day.

goldeneye
16th Jul 2009, 19:04
Not sure if its a new route for 2010 or just a charter flight, but Thomas Cook Holidays flights from Edinburgh to Reus next summer are being operated by Jet2.

sam1993
17th Jul 2009, 09:30
The Edinburgh to Reus flight is a charter flight for the Thomas Cook Group. Any flight number LS2??? is a charter flight and won't be found on the Jet2 website!

Hope this helps! :ok:
Sam

flying officer kite
19th Jul 2009, 17:29
JetPhotos.Net Photo » G-CGET (CN: 27455/2709) Jet2.com Boeing 737-33A by Roger Oldfield (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6610619&nseq=0)

look at the L1 door in this pic.. Now im not saying the LBA pushback team dont notice these things.. :uhoh: but that very same aircraft flew into BFS a couple of weeks ago, and it was reported the handle was at right angles on the back door.. though i presume as the doors open inwards and with cabin pressure theres not much chance of anything going wrong at altitude..

HOODED
19th Jul 2009, 20:47
Don't see what that has got to do with the LBA pushback team given the picture is of the ac landing at Leeds. I feel sure that door would have been opened and closed at its' departure point.

Mr @ Spotty M
20th Jul 2009, 07:03
Unless the door was opened from the outside, it would have been like that from the last time the a/c was left overnight.
Those who have worked on the B737 would have seen this many a time.
It just means that the departing ground crew did not do a very good job on checking all doors and hatches were secure before pushback.

freightdoggy dog
20th Jul 2009, 14:27
F.O.K ....you have far too much time on your hands...Im sure J.T would like to meet you on a dark wet windy summers day on the ramp in LBA and......shove the said handle at right angles up your :} Or perhaps you would prefer 3 minutes with D.A in BFS :eek:

flying officer kite
21st Jul 2009, 15:15
Hooded- fair point re. the aircraft landing in Leeds, though im just saying the aircraft has left LBA with the handles rotated, i think i may have photos of it somewhere. Last year i saw a Jet2 757 come back onto stand after the handle on 1 door was only turned out of the groove; to say the Captain was angry was an understatement.

As for senior staff on Jet2, ive met most of them and find them very pleasant people. The only member of staff i dont like is 1 LBA based caption, but i wont name and shame him.

and Freightdoggy dog..thanks for the 'delightful' message. I take things like this quite seriously.. Ive seen English crews leave doors unattended and let passengers open them, not knowing whether the door is armed or not.

ciampino
22nd Jul 2009, 10:45
With the door handle in this position will not effect the door been locked

BOAC
22nd Jul 2009, 11:04
Yep - it is quite safe although shows a lack of diligence by the groundcrew at XXX. It does increase the wind noise at the door, however.

flying officer kite
22nd Jul 2009, 15:12
thanks for that guys :)

Mr @ Spotty M
22nd Jul 2009, 17:16
It will also cost a little in extra fuel burn.

cunningplanmylord
24th Jul 2009, 10:05
Silvergeek,

FYI

The BA 767/747 engines whilst an rb211 will not fit a 757 which are rated at 40,000lbs not 60,000lbs.

tonker
24th Jul 2009, 11:05
It wouldn't bother me if the Dragon Rapide turned up, as long as i knew whats going on this winter.

silverstreak
24th Jul 2009, 12:25
... Cunningplan

Whos the geek?

Info was passed by a serving BA capt actually.

:ugh:

freightdoggy dog
24th Jul 2009, 13:06
Tonker :

Lashings and lashings of rain from those grey clad skies up in the land of the satnic mills ....from the sunny Tuscan rolling countryside where I'm sitting..some sun blushed tomatoes and a big juicy Florentine steak not forgetting a nice chilled glass of Vermentino:)

tonker
24th Jul 2009, 17:59
Your not Mike Dickin because he's dead, so........?

Chille Con Carnie
24th Jul 2009, 19:31
fdd.
Never got that problem with an AIRBUS.

freightdoggy dog
25th Jul 2009, 06:58
Ccc.
Thats b'cos we had Loadmasters and we wud neva trust a F.Eng to open anything except a party seven :ok:
Those fine fellas are all now sadly in the Channex Retirement Home for Loadies aka Wickes Air Services.
Of course theres always an exception to the rule,with the Scandinavian Holligan Loadmaster who liked to fall off Hi-Loaders and bang out an odd escape slide or two.
Rumour has it he also tried to tip up a shiney new B747-400 in HNN...
Still we had enough practice at that in Channex, with Pete the Terrorist tippin a Herald in JER and Shiney Shoes doing the Electra in BOH..:eek:
P.S G-CEXC did its last flight LGG-STN on Friday and is now heading for the scrapyard...MLG to expensive to renew...must of been those Female F/O hard landings in EMA that did her in.:}
Rgdsb to the Essex Mafia at Sarthend

Edit: Please cut out the text speak!

ards_boy
26th Jul 2009, 15:37
Last year i saw a Jet2 757 come back onto stand after the handle on 1 door was only turned out of the groove; to say the Captain was angry was an understatement.

I remember that....what a fun day that was :*

SCANDIC
26th Jul 2009, 17:34
All Jet2 757s are flying sheds and need scrapping and so do some of 737s. Its about time they got their hands in their pocket and bought some decent aircraft.

MUFC_fan
26th Jul 2009, 17:38
Scandic,

What makes Jet2 different from most other LCCs is that the aircraft are theirs. Not ILFC, not anyone - theirs.

For them to buy new aircraft from Boeing or Airbus (I would assume the former - 737/787 combo) it would put £billions over their heads which I am sure they don't want. There will come a time when they will need to introduce NG aircraft but I think some of the aircraft currently in service will be bought - maybe U2s 73Gs.

What has happened to the XL 739ERs? Are they still parked up down south?

SCANDIC
26th Jul 2009, 17:40
Well i just hope that they do buy something some day. I believe that some of the XL 737s went to china and some are flying for Viking airways.

sam1993
26th Jul 2009, 18:16
What has happened to the XL 739ERs? Are they still parked up down south? Both of the 739ERs are now with Lion Air. All of the ex XL 737s have now been placed with other operators around the world; Viking, Sunwing, Garuda, Malaysia Airlines to name but a few.
Jet2 will get some newer aircraft some day - most likely when no-one is expecting it!

Ernest Lanc's
26th Jul 2009, 23:23
Jet2 will get some newer aircraft some day - most likely when no-one is expecting it!.

So long as it's not the Airbus A320 like Monarch use I am not bothered. I prefer the 737s to the A320, the most uncomfortable flight ever. Don't care for Monarch either.

MUFC_fan
26th Jul 2009, 23:26
I must disagree with you there Ernest. I for one think Monarch are arguably the best 'low fares' airline out there.

They provide a great service with local crews and a superb frequency and their interiors, I have to say, are far better than most!

I also prefer the A320 as it has more space in the cabin - not much - but it does make for a better ambience. The A321 is the worst.

It is a matter of opinion though...

TSR2
27th Jul 2009, 08:56
Spot on MUFC fan.

conti onepass
27th Jul 2009, 09:33
i flew ibiza to manchester two weeks ago on a jet2 757(LSAJ) wasent a flying shed , very nice inside and the cabin crew were wonderful!!!

AircraftOperations
27th Jul 2009, 20:11
Friends of friends were supposed to fly from Leeds to Murcia on Sunday evening. I got a call before they left, but they had been told the following. They were going to be bussed to Manchester (after some pax had already checked luggage in).

They then were supposed to fly Manchester to Alicante, and then bussed to Murcia.

Can you confirm if the above did happen, and they asked me to find out if there was a good reason why. At that stage, all I could offer was a tech aircraft leading to going out of hours at Murcia, or maybe Murcia pulling the plug on the flight???

Lots of angry people on that flight, apparently.

righthandrule
27th Jul 2009, 20:44
For the last week virtually every day there has been a 757 down at LBA due to tech issues, there is no slack in the 757 flying programme on a Fri/Sat/Sun at LBA so any delays has a big effect. LBA-MJV being delayed due to G-LSAG being majorly tech at the moment, resulting in passengers been sent over to MAN. Murcia Airport as usual closing at night so the flight had to go to Alicante in the end. Very unlucky night for those poor passengers.

Same has happened today with the LBA-DLM (G-LSAG still tech) so had to wait for the inbount PMI 757 to operate the flight. All I can say is G-LSAG and AI are not having a good few weeks! Thank god they are (supposed) to be going to fedex soon!

TSR2
27th Jul 2009, 21:01
And LS delays from MAN today:
Murcia 6+ hours delay
Alicante 4 1/2 hours delay
Malaga 6+ hours delay

pwalhx
27th Jul 2009, 21:06
And if the current 757's go to FedEx whats replacing them?

righthandrule
27th Jul 2009, 21:51
Yeah, once things get out of sync, unlike with the 737's there isn't a spare 757 so it can have a pretty bad effect!

Well the word within the company for summer 2010 it will be 21 733's (same as now once ET has gone back to the lessor) 6 757's (G-LSAA/B/C/D/E/J) and 2 B767's. The word is that AG/AI will be the first to go to fedex later followed by AH. Of course as this is Jet2.com, more than likely we will end up with a nice nackered B747-100 for the Scallicante runs and replace the 733's with 727's as they were picked up for a tenner from the desert.. and a 707 chucked in to keep the fleet age up! Jokes aside if these B767's do come lets hope they have more than just a few years left in them unlike a few of the high cycle ex Chinese 757s! :ugh:

I'm not sure on the economics of these apparent 767's but for example, Jet2 carried 370 pax LBA-PMI today on a 757 & 737, stick them all on a 767, is there a substantial cost saving?!

MUFC_fan
27th Jul 2009, 21:57
Would this make Jet2 the first low cost carrier in the world to operate wide bodied aircraft on short haul operations - assuming they acquire 767s and are put on European routes?

partyboy_uk
28th Jul 2009, 00:06
Not at all. Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson all regularly fly widebodies on short haul routes.

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Jul 2009, 04:52
You would reduce your cost using the B767, but you would be leaving 42 pax behind unless you used a B767-400.

EGBKFLYER
28th Jul 2009, 17:53
...unless you took out some toilets and made some folks stand up...:}

Spotter LBA
28th Jul 2009, 19:17
.....and changed the airline name to Jet2 operated by Ryanair!!:ok:

jet2impress
28th Jul 2009, 21:45
Regarding the LBA-MJV that got bussed to MAN etc... I know it was probably an ordeal for the passengers. It always suprises me when you here of very angry pax. When will these people realise, that there could of been a much worse out come. I would rather of been bussed to MAN than have the flight cancelled. Then offered seats on the next available, it would of taken over a week to get all the pax to their destination using that method. These things happen, and I am sure it would of taken alot of behind the scenes work to get those passengers to their destination.

righthandrule
28th Jul 2009, 22:02
Quite agree jet2impress!! Had some very disgruntled passengers today at LBA. As AG was still tech this morning Alicante had to go on a 737, so 20 passengers went on the Murcia, 30 to Manchester and the rest on the evening Alicante flight. What a carry on!

The passengers who went to Murcia actually got bussed to Alicante before they would have arrived on the ALC flight, everyone who didnt get on the 737 got a free return flight so those passengers on MJV got quite a good deal in my opinion! Good news is AG is back up and running! :ok:

eaw
28th Jul 2009, 22:16
Wouldn't a "GOOD DEAL" for the pax have been getting what they paid for!! An flight from LBA to the destination that they had booked to go to - preferably on time!!

TSR2
28th Jul 2009, 23:48
It appears to me that Jet2 got caught out very badly through having an inadequate or even no contingency plan for the event of a major delay to an aircraft in the rather elderly 757 fleet.

Having said that, credit to Jet2 for implementing alternative arrangements, which although may not have been ideal, at least got the passengers to their destination.

On the subject of angry passengers, I wonder how much of this may have been caused by a lack of credible timely information from the airline.

upnorth east
29th Jul 2009, 16:12
The first widebody I saw on short haul was back in 1970 at PMI.

Condor were using their new B747's from Cologne to PMI about 2-3 times weekly on charters.

This got me hooked on aviation watching.

Jamesair
29th Jul 2009, 16:31
and don't forget Court Line operating for Clarkson Holidays

wawkrk
29th Jul 2009, 16:59
Pink Tristars

MUFC_fan
29th Jul 2009, 17:21
Not at all. Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson all regularly fly widebodies on short haul routes.

The first widebody I saw on short haul was back in 1970 at PMI.

Condor were using their new B747's from Cologne to PMI about 2-3 times weekly on charters.

and don't forget Court Line operating for Clarkson Holidays

Thanks for all of them. It wasn't what I asked though:

Would this make Jet2 the first low cost carrier in the world to operate wide bodied aircraft on short haul operations - assuming they acquire 767s and are put on European routes?

commit aviation
29th Jul 2009, 18:10
I don't think Jet2 consider themselves a low cost airline any more. They appear to have moved more into the leisure airline category with their holiday offerings.

MUFC_fan
29th Jul 2009, 18:11
I bet their website sells more seat only (which is low cost) than Jet2holidays' website does.

TartinTon
29th Jul 2009, 18:15
MUFC, do you not consider Monarch to be a low cost airline? Their roots may have been charter but they are now very much a split between charter and low cost much as Jet2 have moved from being a low cost to a mix between low cost and charter!

Regular A300s and 767s used on the ZB summer flights.

MUFC_fan
29th Jul 2009, 18:30
The majority of Jet2's business comes from selling seats on line. Monarch Airlines main source of income is the charter market.

Monarch is one of the UK's largest charter airlines where as Jet2 is a low cost airline that supplements it's income with Jet2holidays.

The majority of Monarch's business comes from the charters where as Jet2 is the opposite.

I don't want to get into a debate about what is and what is not a low cost/fares airlines but Jet2 will be the SECOND airline to fly wide bodied aircraft on it's intra-european routes after Air Berlin (I think!):}

TartinTon
29th Jul 2009, 20:32
MUFC...maybe that was the split 5 years ago...not anymore...ZB flies 4 million pax a year and now does more than half the companys flying...so that'll make Jet2 the 3rd airline then? :p:p:p

MUFC_fan
29th Jul 2009, 23:04
Jet2.com is a low-cost airline based in Leeds, England. It operates services to domestic and European destinations. Its main base is Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA), with hubs at Manchester International Airport (MAN), Belfast International Airport (BFS), Blackpool International Airport (BLK), Edinburgh Airport (EDI) and Newcastle Airport (NCL).

Monarch Airlines is a charter and scheduled airline based in Luton, England. It is one of the UK's largest charter airlines operating to Europe, the USA, the Caribbean, India and Africa serving mainly leisure destinations. It also operates scheduled flights (under the Monarch Scheduled brand) to Mediterranean destinations and the Canary Islands.

Just from the professionals...;)

LPFR
29th Jul 2009, 23:17
Jet2 considers itself a low cost carrier, although I don't think their prices are low at all, even for short hops you get mut better deals, although they "own" LBA so they may make the prices they want.

From what I get, I'd say around 20% of the bookings I see are Jet2holidays.

The aircrafts concerns me a little. They're having technical problems all the time, and I'm worried it might takes a disaster to make them finally see that it's time to get newer ones. I hope I'm wrong, I love to see those 757 taking off. But they're not getting any younger and 22 years is a long time to keep them rotating all day long, am I wrong?

Ian Brooks
29th Jul 2009, 23:19
Most of Monarchs flights ex Man/Bhx and Lgw are now sheduled which also carry
IT pax as well

Ian B

partyboy_uk
30th Jul 2009, 02:46
Monarch Airlines is a charter and scheduled airline based in Luton, England. It is one of the UK's largest charter airlines operating to Europe, the USA, the Caribbean, India and Africa serving mainly leisure destinations. It also operates scheduled flights (under the Monarch Scheduled brand) to Mediterranean destinations and the Canary Islands.This is all true but Monarch's charter/scheduled split is 40/60% respectively and to say most of their business is charter is incorrect.

A lot of tour operators now book Monarch's scheduled flights via a direct trade website/viewdata.

TartinTon
30th Jul 2009, 09:24
MUFC_fan....clearly the "professionals" are quite slack when it comes to updating their website! Most of the info regarding Monarch on there is a good 2 years out of date.

It's not your website, is it? ;)

wowzz
30th Jul 2009, 09:38
''The aircrafts concerns me a little. They're having technical problems all the time, and I'm worried it might takes a disaster to make them finally see that it's time to get newer ones. I hope I'm wrong, I love to see those 757 taking off. But they're not getting any younger and 22 years is a long time to keep them rotating all day long, am I wrong?''

Case in point on Tuesday this week - the aircraft from LBA to ALC went 'tech' and a substitute, smaller aircraft was substituted, leaving some unhappy pax being bussed to Manchester or flying later the same day. At least, to be fair to Jet2 the pax did finally get to Spain. With Ryanair they would probably still be in Leeds.

TSR2
30th Jul 2009, 10:05
In confirmation of partyboy's statement that the split of Monarch's flights is 40/60, Monarch Airlines currently operate the following flights from MAN.

43 MON flights per week (Mostly A300, A332, B763 supplemented by A320/1 and B752)
99 ZB flights per week (Mostly A320/1 supplemented by A300, A332 and B763)

The mix of flights is almost 30/70, however considering aircraft type, the available seat mix is likely to be around 40/60.

Jet2 by comparison operate 76 LS flights per week mostly scheduled (Lo-cost) but with a few charters included.

Source : Flightcheck

Evileyes
30th Jul 2009, 11:58
Folks, PPRuNe is not a Customer Service point of contact for your trip. If you have questions regarding aircraft type, movies, seating, meals etc. CALL THEM.

Further, PPRuNe isn't a flight tracking site. If your flight hasn't left and/or arrived on time..... ASK THEM.

Better to get the information from someone responsible and accountable for providing it to you rather than an anonymous website.

You paid for the ticket, may as well get the service.

Thanks,
The Mods

LPFR
30th Jul 2009, 12:29
"Case in point on Tuesday this week - the aircraft from LBA to ALC went 'tech' and a substitute, smaller aircraft was substituted, leaving some unhappy pax being bussed to Manchester or flying later the same day. At least, to be fair to Jet2 the pax did finally get to Spain. With Ryanair they would probably still be in Leeds."

Oh, no complaints about that either :ok:
They've always given an alternative when a plane here gets tech. Either sending another aircraft (That already happened twice since June..), going to Manchester instead, or changing for another day free of charge. Yes, passangers complain anyway..But at the end of the day they realize we did what we could to in some way send them to their destination (or close), and are thankful for the costumer service.

tonker
30th Jul 2009, 13:50
Share price now up to 67p!

757 Speedbrakes
30th Jul 2009, 14:09
Purchased mine at 19p........... wish I'd bought more now!! :ugh:

When do we get our 0.17p per share divided payout???????? lol

For anyone that hasn't heard, Dart Group (Jet2 parent company) pre tax profit for 08/09 was £33.5 Million. :ok:

The full details can be found on most financial websites or on the Dart Groups own website. CEO has also confirmed the continued expansion into long haul destinations .

Hopefully that will silence a few doom and gloom mongers who don't work for the company. Most of the profit was also made made by the airline and NOT the haulage company before that arguement appears.............

flybymike
30th Jul 2009, 22:38
I would like further details of the Cabin crew costumer service....

EGBKFLYER
31st Jul 2009, 07:46
Flybymike - I think the uniform supplier is somewhere in Leeds. :ok:

JetRob
31st Jul 2009, 18:04
Jet 2, i must say a good airline.

They are a low cost airliner, or so they say. Could they be considered to do false advertising? Because if you visit there site, the prices are nothing like that of what there advert says.

I recently looked on a flight to majorca with Jet2 and it was £140.00. Whereas on the advert's it says Majorca from only £9.99.

Is this one of the problems with Jet2? Or am i just taking things over the top!?:ugh:

MUFC_fan
31st Jul 2009, 18:22
The word 'from' being the key word. I don't know the rules but I guess a certain percentage of all flights sold must be flogged at this price. So say they are offering £9.99 from LBA to AGP - it doesn't mean every seat will be that price.

Ryanair are the most extravagant for this - not the worst, but the biggest difference.

They offer fares as low as 1p yet if you book the day before it can be over £200 before tax!

lbalad
31st Jul 2009, 21:09
Jetrob,

Nobody is twisting your arm to fly Jet2,if you don't like the final price don't book it!.

It's not like no other airlines fly to where you want to go.

I am flying Easyjet from LPL to KRK next week because it was a lot cheaper than Jet2 from LBA.T'internet is a wonderful thing.

TSR2
31st Jul 2009, 22:39
The Jet2 advert says Majorca From £19.99 All Fares are One Way incl Taxes.

Yes, the £19.99 fare is available. Take LBA-PMI 28th Aug, the base fare is £0.99 + £19 Tax = £19.99.

So NO it is not false advertising as the rules stand at the moment.

However, this is not the fare you will be charged. To this fare you have to add compulsory charges for a Booking Fee, Check-in Fee and Credit Card Fee. Additionally there may be other optional charges.

Again I say NO it is not false advertising ......... but only because they are not obliged to include All compulsory charges in their advert.

Incidentally, if you were to travel on the 28th Aug and return 1 week later, the return flight will cost you an extra £132.99 incl tax giving a return fare of £152.98 plus of course your Booking Fee, Check-in Fee and Credit Card Fee.

So the one-way fee of £19.99 suddenly does not look so attractive.

The advice is quite clear, look at the final total before booking.

I would also point out in fairness that Jet2 are no different in this respect to all other Lo-Cost airlines.

ciampino
1st Aug 2009, 07:09
Of course Jet2 is low cost just like Easy Jet and Ryanair are. It seems people want to fly for nothing. UK to NICE 2002 750 pounds return We all know about the hidden extras it is still a bargain too fly with them

JetRob
1st Aug 2009, 09:52
In all fairness, i agree with you all.

But flying with Jet2 from LBA is possibly the cheapest, as i can't travel to any other airport as i'm stuck with money.

There is Thomson,Thomas Cook and Jet2.com that flys LBA - PMI. There are all VERY good airliners, but i don't see the point of paying so much money just for a return flight aswell.

Question? Are airline costs rising because of the recent recession? :confused:

Whitehatter
1st Aug 2009, 12:41
I doubt there is any straight answer to give on that, but one issue is going to be leasing and purchase costs. With loan money and interbank trading being depressed, several airlines have allegedly found it hard to finance deals with the likes of Boeing and Airbus that were placed in the happy times. The finance rags have even hinted at credit deals being unilaterally cancelled with a couple of companies as the banks no longer wish to do the deals.

Lessors such as ILFC also do not have a vast pot of cash available in the same way. So in the next few years we could see capital costs rising due to more expensive credit as banks and lessors price their wares higher to the airlines.

TartinTon
1st Aug 2009, 16:32
TSR2, you're wrong in what you say about the advertised price. Any advertised fare must be available to buy according to the ASA. Therefore if you cannot buy the fare for the advertised price, this is not allowed. When Ryanair say you can buy a seat for £1, you can.

As far as I know, Jet 2 is the only airline currently flouting these rules by having completely unavoidable charges that get added on during the process.

All the other Locos have a way of avoiding any additional charges even if it is quite difficult!

MUFC_fan
1st Aug 2009, 17:15
Jet2 profit; cautious on future growth : Leeds Bradford Airport News Stories (http://uk-airport-news.info/leeds-bradford-airport-news-010809.html)

Nice to see the company doing well - not only Jet2 but the Dart Group as a whole.

Meeson also looks quite 'safe' about his predictions for the future and I think he is running his airline quite well at the moment!

TSR2
1st Aug 2009, 18:00
You are of course correct.
What I should have said is that the Jet2 advert does not say you can buy at £19.99 but FROM £19.99.

I was merely trying to point out that the low fares stated are actually available but with the compulsory charges added.

righthandrule
1st Aug 2009, 18:18
As far as I know, Jet 2 is the only airline currently flouting these rules by having completely unavoidable charges that get added on during the process

Nope, TSR2 you are correct. All the charges are avoidable. I went to Amsterdam for £2.99 as quoted on the website. You CAN go to Palma on the date stated above for £19.99. Travel with your 10kg hand luggage, check in online and pay by solo or electron card. Its no different to any other low cost airline.

Seriously have a play with the booking system, every single day in November you can fly LBA-AMS, BFS etc etc for under a tenner including taxes. So where does all this rubbish about Jet2 not being a low cost airline anymore come from? :ugh:

GdLSF
1st Aug 2009, 18:26
I have been reading with interest the comments about Jet2 fares not being as low as advertised. I am flying LBA-FCO in September, booked in May, and it has cost just under £110 in total for both of us. Really low fares are available if you can be flexible with your dates and can book 3/4 months in advance.
People are so used to get a good deal that I sure some think that the airline should pay them to fly.

TSR2
2nd Aug 2009, 11:46
I have noticed that you can book a flight to check-in on-line without pre-purchasing an assigned seat. How do you get a seat allocated as it will not be shown on your (home) printed Boarding Pass?

conti onepass
2nd Aug 2009, 11:55
hi im going to palma from manchester on the 13th august, booked it in june, cost me 19.99 bargain!!!!!! also ive just checked in on line they assign you a seat at no extra charge, im right at the back of the plkane though, seat number shows up on your printed boarding pass.

LPFR
2nd Aug 2009, 22:37
Yeah, if you don't pre-select your seat while you're checking in online, the system just randomly gives you one. Little problem is that sometimes couples/families get random seats that are not together. And that either can be changed at the airport check-in or you go back and actually choose the seats at the website.

jet2impress
3rd Aug 2009, 09:57
Seat numbers not showing on boarding cards....... this is a systems glitch. Only happens now and then, I maybe see this once a week. When you board the aircraft, we will check the passenger manifest and let you know your seat number as you board. Or if you have bags to drop off at check in, they will re-print you a new boarding card, with a seat number on there.

SCANDIC
3rd Aug 2009, 10:55
Hope they do get 767s in the near future:ok:

CraigJL
3rd Aug 2009, 11:01
Yeah, if you don't pre-select your seat while you're checking in online, the system just randomly gives you one. Little problem is that sometimes couples/families get random seats that are not together. And that either can be changed at the airport check-in or you go back and actually choose the seats at the website.

In other words, you must pay if you want to sit together as a family. Their website system is sly, however. As a party under the same booking reference, 1 member had to confirm a seat before another could be allocated:

Looking at the plan, D is assigned seat 23A. Ok, clicking back and clicking on A, she also has 23A. Confirm 23A for A. Now D gets 23B. Fine, confirm. But C gets 19D :mad:

So we have to pay £6.99 to sit together.

Another charge. Even at 15, I remember the days when it was EXPECTED that a family could sit together :hmm:

LPFR
3rd Aug 2009, 11:36
Well, usually the seats are allocated together. I'd say in 90 passengers that checked-in online, 10 are allocated random seats that are not together, but we're allowed to change them at the baggage drop desk without a problem. Or if they go directly to the gate, the crew takes care of that. Unless the flight is completely full shouldn't be a big issue.

davidpurser
4th Aug 2009, 21:30
Anyone heard anything about redundancies soon?? its the latest rumour in galley FM.. Should we be worried?? I heard a big announcment is due in 2 weeks from PM and its gunna include bye byes to crew.. Anyone want to settle my nerves and tell me its just a rumour....Please.....??

Ernest Lanc's
4th Aug 2009, 22:33
TSR2

I think once you have checked in online, you lose any more chances to buy a seat or make changes to your booking.

Was just as bad the previous way, you had to buy a seat before you could book online whether you wanted or not.

The new system of booking on line is cheaper than the previous system, so long as you are prepared to sit anywhere, including row 17.

Reading previous posts, I am amazed that people really believe they can fly for next to nothing, very low seats prices can only be a gimmick - Airlines charge only what they have to to keep in profit, there is such a thing as competition that regulates prices.

Jet2 are no better or worse than the rest.

Facelookbovvered
5th Aug 2009, 07:03
Major drive to reduce winter losses, to include unpaid leave, part time working and some layoff's amongst CC is what i'm hearing around the airport for Jet2, i think many airlines will take this route this winter to reduce cost as the winter program is slashed.

In simple terms the industry is awash with trained crews both FD/CC with Ryanair using cadets/slaves for the RHS to reduce costs, this winter will be far tougher than last year, just 5 weeks left of prime Summer season and many airlines are discounting flights for departures in the next few weeks

dwlpl
6th Aug 2009, 00:00
A couple of questions re Jet2.

Is the Jet2 fleet fully occupied this summer?

Are there any 'new' aircraft to be added to the fleet within the next year?

LBIA
6th Aug 2009, 09:45
Hi

Jet2 has announced 2 new routes from its LBA base for the summer 2010 season.

The airline will fly to Bergerac in France twice weekly and to Corfu once weekly. Meanwhile the Egypt-Sharm el Sheikh route from LBA will go to a year round operation.

757 Speedbrakes
6th Aug 2009, 16:50
dwlpl

Latest rumor is for a 1996 75 on lease for next year........:ok:

.........however, this rumor can be currently placed in the same file as the on going 767 discussion :hmm:

dwlpl
6th Aug 2009, 19:47
Thanks for the last two posts.

Still dont know though if the fleet is fully utilised this year.

But if it is then something must be on the horizon (more aircraft, timetable rejig) if Jet2 is opening a new route or two.

righthandrule
6th Aug 2009, 21:06
This summer the Jet2 fleet is near enough fully utilised with a fairly tight flying programme, the 757 fleet has a fair amount of down time in the evenings with very little night flying with the exception of late TFS,HER, ACE etc. The 733 flying programme is a lot tighter however Jet2 have leased in ex bmi baby G-CGET to cover for any aircraft running late/going tech so this aircraft usually only does 2 or 4 sectors each day compared to the typical 6 sectors of a regular Jet2 733.

The new routes announced so far for LBA are able to be operated with no additional aircraft as the CFU goes on a Monday afternoon when there is a spare 757 at LBA. There have also been reductions for the 2010 flying programme especially at LBA with BCN, NCE etc seeing reductions. I would imagine that this would mean that the spare 733 will not be needed next summer so the existing fleet will be occupied comfortably.

dwlpl
6th Aug 2009, 22:54
Thanks for that.

david1994
8th Aug 2009, 00:04
Can anyone confirm if a Jet2 B752 will do the BELFAST - TENERIFE route for winter , as on etheir website it shows a B733 But a 733 to TFS is a wee bit tight !! :confused:

horatio_b
8th Aug 2009, 07:54
Jet2 have been using the B733 on the BLK-TFS flights

flying officer kite
8th Aug 2009, 09:52
Futura used to operate from the UK to the Canaries on the 737 classics with no issues, though Blackpool, with its shorter runway surprised me

Ian Brooks
8th Aug 2009, 10:33
I remember flying MAN-TFS on a B732 with Britannia

Ian B

david1994
8th Aug 2009, 10:38
Jet2 have been using the B733 on the BLK-TFS flights
Blackpool is a smaller distance then Belfast is.

TartinTon
8th Aug 2009, 10:49
"Blackpool is a smaller distance then Belfast is."

...is a fact. However, it's only 5 miles further.....

MUFC_fan
8th Aug 2009, 19:05
The route will be flown by a 733.

ards_boy
9th Aug 2009, 12:18
733 takes a little big longer than the 752 though! Any chance of the 752 making a return to BFS in the future?

BFS101
9th Aug 2009, 16:14
Its such a shame that LS wouldn't operate Sharm El Sheikh from BFS for summer 2010, seeing as Thomas Cook group are not continuing the flights into the summer season. Egypt has had terrific growth of late from the UK, and its a shame Belfast are loosing the destination.

Also, does anyone know if Pisa, Dubrovnik and Toulouse are returning for summer 2010. From Belfast, Palma, Ibiza, Mahon and Murcia are already on sale for 2010. Will these other destinations follow in time, or are they being dropped??

airhumberside
9th Aug 2009, 18:09
Phased release by Jet 2

MUFC_fan
9th Aug 2009, 18:12
As airhumberside said, they are being brought in slowly as all airlines do. Just imagine all seats for next summer being released at 8am one morning - it would be an online version of a new IKEA store opening.

Also, Blackpool hasn't been brought out as they are still trying to fit a third aircraft into the schedule.

Whitehatter
10th Aug 2009, 12:24
Looks like they do indeed need an extra 757 as SSH and TLV both get additional frequencies out of MAN next year (TLV seems to be doing well enough to generate a full house). Both routes take the best part of an aircraft/day up.

Jet2krazey
10th Aug 2009, 16:40
Well the rumours at work from the engineers are that we definatly have 2x more 757s for next year! and also the usual rumours of 767s, but the strongest ones are for 2x more 757s. :ok:

LowFareFinder
11th Aug 2009, 12:35
FT.com / UK / Business - Ryanair launches new base in Leeds (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bababb08-8660-11de-9e8e-00144feabdc0.html)

Share price plummets.

Check-mate.

take-off
11th Aug 2009, 12:38
When will next summer BLK flight come online? usually BLK gets one or 2 flights first, looking like last this time, and what routes will this 3rd aircraft be doing? See on BLK airport website , the have croatia showing on the destinations map, might this be one of the new routes? If any new routes do come BLKs way what are the like to be ? Wll TFs become a year rounder? ANd Please if anybody at jet2 Or the airport reads this can we have a winter agp?????:mad::mad::mad: So far had to book alpl to agp in nov and again in feb, as its not available from blk? Why not? Its one of the most pop routes,a nd yes monarch did reasonably well before thay pulled out out of the smaller airports.
Anyway rant over

OliWW
11th Aug 2009, 13:38
Read online in a article today that LS are interested in the A319? If they hurry they could get a few of EZY's A319s from 03,04 they are selling off, perfect deal! The A319 will also enable them to fly their longer routes without the B752, SSH, TLV

Leodis
11th Aug 2009, 13:46
No need to worry Jet2. There are enough toffs in Yorkshire that will always use Jet2. The scallies wont need to go to Liverpool to use Ryanair now, everyones a winner. :}

flybar
11th Aug 2009, 16:49
Share price plummets.

Check-mate.

Down 11.5% at close.
An immediate reaction - to be expected.
Will recover and settle after a few days.

StoneyBridge Radar
11th Aug 2009, 17:57
Jet2 announce massive rebrand in fight against Ryanair. :E

YouTube - Yorkshire Airlines (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg)

;)

wawkrk
11th Aug 2009, 18:08
I do not at all share the negative comments against Jet2.I must be flying with a different Jet2.I am always impressed with the service and the aircraft look ok to me.Cabin crew cannot be faulted. I wonder how many times the complainers have used them. I cannot understand why some want the company to fail.They have transformed LBA and in my view they have done a great job.I would like to know what is the average delay time is if the aircraft are so bad. They always seem to be ontime or early at least at LBA.

daz211
11th Aug 2009, 19:40
Maybe Jet2 should think about STN and give Ryanair a run for there
money, there are alot of people that would like to fly with another
Airline but they dont have alot of choice at STN with Ryanair being so big.

EI-BUD
11th Aug 2009, 19:44
Jet2 should think about STN and give Ryanair a run for there
money

I think Jet2 @STN would be just as effective as Flyglobespan were.. Dont think they should even think about challenging Ryanair. Me thinks they would be picking a big stick so to speak.....

al446
11th Aug 2009, 20:00
Like Wawkrk I have had no problem with Jet2, have flown with them out of LBA, MAN & BLK, never a problem. Flown with EZY several times, same thing. But do NOT talk to me about RYR, no probs with flight crew or aircraft but their business model stinks and check-in staff must have been trained by the Waffen SS, especially regarding baggage allowance. Unfortunately they are the only ones to fly to Granada from NW but I would rather fly to Malaga and travel from there than pay another penny to FR.

J2 are usually more expensive but I am more assured when booking with them. I would almost rather crawl over broken glass than fly RYR.

Jet2krazey
11th Aug 2009, 20:28
Aswell Jet2 have hardly ever cancelled a flight like ryanair do all the time, due to operational difficulties :mad:! recently various flights were cancelled due to the bombs going off in palma, our ground staff there said something like 4 flights were cancelled and there was mayhem in front of the ryanair desk, lots were booking onto our flights just to get home!

you may pay £50 for the flight with ryanair, but if it goes wrong and they cancel! you will pay alot more to get home last min with another carrier! Personally id dont want to take that chance! id rather pay a bit more and be assured ill get home. At least Jet2 will get you home, even if it is the next day or a few hours late! ryanair would never put you in a hotel like Jet2 do! they just leave you abandoned!
My self personally, am not worried! they will just attract all the chavs with their low fares, and it will make our fights nicer for regulars! :ok:

DILLTHEDOG
11th Aug 2009, 20:36
If Jet2 have any sense the won't try and battle it out with RYR given the current climate !

They would do better to move into somewhere like Bournemouth where Ryanair's commitment is wavering, they have a set up there already and it's a good catchment. Forget STN as well they would have no chance.

God help us all if RYR put the smaller low cost carriers out of business, they are bad enough with what they have now, this looks like a deliberate attempt to put pressure on Jet2.

Good luck Jet 2 !!

TSR2
11th Aug 2009, 20:41
Jet2Krazy

cancelled a flight like ryanair do all the time

Statistics do not support your statement.

they will just attract all the chavs with their low fares

Come on now, you really don't think that Jet2 attract superior clientele do you?.

Jet2krazey
11th Aug 2009, 20:42
Jet2 may just move away from the low cost side all together and concentrate on Jet2holidays more! and expand to more bases! shift the aircraft and crew about that they already have!

al446
11th Aug 2009, 20:48
and it will make our fights nicer for regulars!

Methinks you could have put that better.

Jet2krazey
11th Aug 2009, 20:51
We carry alot of nice clientele, lots with alot of money from the leeds area! but as always we also attract the chavs! Ryanair would take them off our hands with their low fares! which in turn would leave us with nicer flights for passengers and crew! :ok:

With regards Ryanair cancelling flights, i hear it all the time! PSA the other week cos of a hole in the runway, flights cancelled and also PMI because of the bombs! and thats just recently! maybe im wrong but pax always say to me they prefere us to Ryanair cos of this reason! :)

TSR2
11th Aug 2009, 21:00
I fully agree with you that Jet2 are a more responsible airline than Ryanair in respect of care of passengers in the event of a disruption.

However, your statements regarding the frequency of cancellation of Ryanair flights do not stand scrutiny. How many passengers did Ryanair carry last year 55 maybe 60 MILLION?

TSR2
11th Aug 2009, 21:11
How about a new billboard for your aircraft:

'FRIENDLY NO-CHAV FARES' :ok:

Jet2krazey
11th Aug 2009, 21:36
im just saying that there are some passengers out there that just cause loads of trouble onflights and have no respect for crew or other passengers, drinking their own alcohol, swearing, thinking its a pub not an aircraft!

super737
11th Aug 2009, 21:48
JET2KRAZEY, RYR barely cancel flights in relation to the amount of rotations that are operated. Secondly if LS were to move to the holidays business, they would have a bit of difficulty with well TCX,MON and the TUI group.

LS have had a great monopoly at LBA, but with RYR becoming a based carrier, LS will need to think quickly. Heard on the air traffic radios earlier,
CHAVEX 341 sorry I meant to say We're f@ucked 341:}

righthandrule
11th Aug 2009, 22:08
RYR barely cancel flights in relation to the amount of rotations that are operated. Secondly if LS were to move to the holidays business, they would have a bit of difficulty with well TCX,MON and the TUI group.

They already have gone into the holidays business, with Jet2Holidays. Jet2.com is also the UK's 4th largest CHARTER airline now.

Everybody seems to think that just because Ryanair are basing 2 aircraft at LBA that Jet2 will suddently disappear. That won't happen, PM's words this morning were very strong and he is not going to let O'Leary walk over his pride and joy.

Jet2Krazey is correct, Jet2 do carry some very affluent clientel from LBA. If you don't believe it, come to check in around 11am any day of the week for the NCE, BGY, VCE, GVA, TLS etc. Jet2 do have a very loyal following, I can guarantee you will not see a single Jet2Plus passenger step onboard a Ryanair Aircraft. The ones that have, have come back to Jet2. I'm saying that because I deal with these passengers every day.

Jet2 compete quite happily with easyJet, bmi baby, Monarch and Ryanair at its other bases so what makes LBA any different? The Ryanair base will increase passenger numbers at LBA, when Ryanair fly twice daily to the spanish sun routes Jet2 does, thats the time PM needs to start worrying.

Jet2 are here to stay, if you dont believe me lets see whats happening a year from now.

super737
11th Aug 2009, 22:21
Hmm righthandrule, LS aren't worried? Jet2 aren't exactley the biggest airline and as JET2KRAZEY spoke about just moving into the holiday market, it wouldn't work.

Never once did I say there weren't people within the LBA who didn't have money, that was a tongue in cheek remark. Yes we will see what will become of this in 12 months time. Niche routes and high yielding routes destroyed, passengers always vote with their feet.

Example. BE tried BHD/LPL a good while ago. What happened? Cancelled the route, no passengers. RYR opened BHD/LPL. What happened? Frequency is being increased to 3x daily, with very nice healthy loads.

Those patch work quilt tractors sorry I mean this very modern 20 year old+ 737-300s aren't of the highest reliability are they? Meanwhile one of the most modern jetliners currently the 737-8AS are crossing the pond monthly and being slotted into the rotations and the older 7-8 year old ones are on there way out. Who's more operationally reliable?

JET2 will cut back, and lets face it RYR can sustain very low fares for quite a long time.

BTW just because you interact with the passengers on a daily basis, doesn't mean much. the LS monopoly is coming to an end. Why waste money to board a tatty 733 when you are able to board a nice modern jetliner plus its alot cheaper.:ok:

INKJET
11th Aug 2009, 22:31
Just because you want to see it that way, doesn't make it so, the airport have not risked falling out with Jet2 off the back of two based units, Leeds has very little overnight parking available so its unlikely that you see a mass of based units. When the came to EMA & BHX people talked about 12 based units, it never happened, but if you get 5 minutes tomorrow go on say the East Midlands web page arrivals you will be stunned, its lake a plague of Zero's over Honolulu.

How long do you think LBA-BFS will last against BHD-LBA with Ryanair before the aircraft goes down to the med, if you want the answer look at bmibaby website for EMA-BFS in Jan 2010 £0.04p plus tax £18:99 all in this why the share price is down (Jet2) because it will dilute earnings

wawkrk
12th Aug 2009, 11:31
The Jet2 flights to KRK in 2010 seem to have been removed from the timetable unless I just imagined seeing them a few days ago.

davidjohnson6
12th Aug 2009, 11:52
Dart share price:
28 July - 55.5 pence
29 July - Dart announce profits on Jet2 have tripled
3 August - 68 pence
10 August - 67.5 pence
11 August - Ryanair announce a new base at Leeds
12 August - 55 pence

ALLMCC
12th Aug 2009, 12:14
Inkjet, you mentioned BHD - LBA with FR, is this likely to happen in the future as wasn't one of the new routes announced yesterday?