PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd Feb 2010, 08:35
Chowder
Suspect Jet 2 make most of their money on the 757 in the Summer so aircraft sitting around in winter is the norm, perhaps more so for Jet 2 than others like MON/BY/TC etc. Apart from Canaries i guess the 737's do the majority of the work.

Lovely
If Jet 2 gets 767 they will use them for anything and everything. I could see them picking up flights for some of the tour ops to Orlando etc easily. They will also ACMI them as the 767 is a ideal fit for a wide body sub charter. In the Winter i guess the Haj may come into play. I don't see them being used on scheduled services unless they DRY/WET lease them out - always a nice earner

Of course it's likely that if they do get 767's they won't be brand spanking new, 767 hull rates are still fairly high i'm told.
Good luck to them is all i can say, any airline expanding is good news

Teevee
3rd Feb 2010, 09:44
purplehelmet wrote;-

"why oh why would anyone try and slag of ..."

In my experience people usually slag off anyone or anything when they see it as a threat, though what the threat would be in this particular case when there's room for both Airlines is beyond me:confused:

And before anybody jumps on the lack of autoland capability for some Jet2 a/c at LBA, it's hardly a big disadvantage is it? With alternates at MAN or DSA (which on a clear day you can practically see from the top of the LBA hill;)) the inconvenience caused by any divert must, relatively speaking, be minimal.

cherrylock
3rd Feb 2010, 09:52
Ive just been looking at a site called flightsontime which compares all the airlines and out of thirty five airlines jet 2 came second to the bottom the only airline that was worst was globespan, i was thinking of trying them again from manchester but reading statistics like that does make you wary.
Im sure its something to do with them using very old planes which is a shame because the staff really do work hard

theloudone
3rd Feb 2010, 10:09
cherrylock

Dont read too much into those sites, those figures are based on more established carriers, J2 is by comparison, a younger carrier than others mentioned on there, so dont have the stats like the others.
Regardless of the age of the a/c, they are still maintained to a set standard.

simonchowder
3rd Feb 2010, 11:14
34th out of 35? im shocked they did so well , however now globespam are history that does makes jet2 bottom of the pile i suppose :ok:

jet2impress
3rd Feb 2010, 11:31
That website is a load of tosh!! They seem to have only analysed the flights they want to. flights from Jet2's main base LBA, have not even been taken into consideration!! :ugh: Also, have they just ignored cancellations? Jet2 have a reputation not to cancel flights, but just to delay or reschedule.

DADDY-OH!
3rd Feb 2010, 11:48
So Chowder,

I see you've not bothered to answer the questions I posed but continue to spew poisonous bile. What's up? Lack on knowledge or lack of spine? Or both?

Stick to recruiting Spannermen, Laddie! Leave the operation of airlines to seasoned, experienced professionals.

I don't think I've ever seen a more hated poster in all my time of monitoring these forums than you. Draw from that what you will.

:ok:

tonker
3rd Feb 2010, 12:51
Yes another year of healthy profits to not look forward to, more and more recruitment, more bloody growth in Jet2holidays etc,stable roster, another 3-400 hrs of flying to do with nice people.

Life's hard at the bottom........:rolleyes:

simonchowder
3rd Feb 2010, 13:04
Sorry old chap but i dont compile the stats, if jet 2 have the worst on time departure record of any UK airline thats hardly down to me, further im suprised as a "professional" yourself you refer to those very well paid, well qualified licensed engineers which your airline so depends upon for its safe operation as "spannermen", obtaining a aircraft engineers licence is no mean feat, it requires a very high level of knowledge both practical and academic and is a extremely demanding job , further all i can say is its a pity globespam didnt have more "seasoned experianced professionals" such as you ,had they they might still be here now keeping jet 2 off that bottom rung:ok:,

luvly jubbly
3rd Feb 2010, 14:16
Christ... Give it a rest Chowder. Although I did laugh at you and Scandic's mutual ass kiss over on the Monarch thread...

Actually GSM and Monarch have a lot in common. We have both been the smart money's bet to be the next Airline to go bust! :}

Getting back to Jet2 though, the reason they can keep their fleet on the ground right now is because the aircraft are all paid for!

Regarding The Hajj, from 2010 onwards, it becomes less and less attractive to UK based airlines as it moves into the end of their summer seasons. it will be interesting to see where the traditional winter ACMI airlines start sending their aircraft instead.

LJ

rpmac
3rd Feb 2010, 16:37
Punctuality.
LBA,s website shows that flights out of LBA were best for punctuality (Oct) and presumably Jet2 had a large proportion of these flights so how come they came second bottom of a list of flights recorded on time?
Something seems to be at odds.

cherrylock
3rd Feb 2010, 17:03
Sorry my post upset you jet2impress, however im not a aviation person and people like me have to take seemingly pukka tables at face value, if indeed jet 2 are not as bad as that site shows could you point me to a more reliable site as im keen to give jet 2 another go, however if they really are that bad id rather pay a bit more and go with monarch from manchester as at least with monarch you know the chance of the plane breaking down is slight

ryansf
3rd Feb 2010, 17:08
out of thirty five airlines jet 2 came second to the bottom the only airline that was worst was globespan
Not wanting to fuel the fire, but I would have thought Monarch would be at the bottom. Out of 16 flights with Monarch, ALL, I repeat, ALL of them were delayed by at least an hour (some up seven). Monarch have now lost a large group of customers (me, my family, and anyone else I know). I've only flown Jet2 four times, yet ALL were on time. Who cares what statistics say, Jet2 are a better airline than Monarch to me.

al446
3rd Feb 2010, 17:26
obtaining a aircraft engineers licence is no mean feat, it requires a very high level of knowledge both practical and academic and is a extremely demanding jobI'm sorry to disappoint you but you do not gain anything by osmosis by recruiting these highly intelligent people but if you spent some more time time with with them they would tell you from their academic background that it is customary in our language to write "an aircraft engineer's" rather than "a aircraft engineers".

I would also like to express my satisfaction with J2's performance from when we have used them whether from LBA, MAN or BLK and I have used them quite extensively. Marginally, I prefer them to EZY and by a country mile to RYR.

Unlike yourself, I do have practical aviation engineering experience albeit some years ago, RAF aircraft electrical and instrument fitter, as opposed to shoving related paper round a desk. From this I can form the view that I don't give a toss how old the a/c as long as it complies with CAA requirements and is well maintained which I believe all J2's fleet is. My experience is that EZY have had more delays which possibly reflects the way the fleet is scheduled and how knock on of circumstances can cause delay. Perhaps the timeliness of an airline simply reflects optimum usage of the fleet so those with better departure punctuality may indicate that the operator underuses their a/c (price goes up) or charters (price goes up).

Perhaps you would like to reflect on your reasons for posting on here after you have considered all of the variables or alternatively just go away.

purplehelmet
3rd Feb 2010, 17:46
cherrylock.
the fact is that at sometime or another every airline and every aircraft new or old will suffer delays for any amount of reasons,its a case of you pays your money you take your chances.
id be interested to know why from your first post ten days ago of "never again" with jet2 are you so "keen to give them another go" whilest most of your posts inbetween seem to question the reliability age and condition of the jet2 aircraft?

Facelookbovvered
3rd Feb 2010, 18:19
Very few airlines or airports provide what most would call a good standard of service, this industry is the only one where customer standards have gone backwards in the last ten years, that this has happened as flight costs have fallen is no surprise, you do get what you pay for, the problem is its not uniform in terms of cost. If you paid a few quid and every thing goes well you've got a good deal, if it goes tits up then it matter not whether you've paid a few quid or a few hundred the support is at best poor, with the demise of Globespan there are only a few players now, in League 1 you have Easyjet & Ryanair and in 2 you have Jet2 and bmibaby, the first two fly new aircraft and have few problems tech wise, Easy have suffered more with snow problems this year than Ryanair like wise Jet2 have had more weather problems than bmibaby all down to the airports that they operate from plus in babys case they barley fly over the winter these days.

Jet2 own most of their aircraft and don't seem to work them too hard with some back up if it goes tech, baby lease all of theirs with no back up at all in Summer so you pays your money you take your choice non of them are very good when things go wrong, a look at Skytrax tells you the customer picture Easy are now 50/50 with Ryan who have moved there game up a few points, Jet2 are ahead of baby but are going backward in customer terms, baby are running hard to stand still, the problem is all have been forced to cut costs to try to stay with Ryanair, who now flood every corner or Europe and pax have wised up to the charges, but non offer a pleasant flight these days, where i can i will avoid all of the above and stick with AF-KLM BA SWISS they all have good deals if you book early enough, i am sick of getting mugged by the Loco's but Jet2 are no worse than the rest so give them a break Chowder

Mr A Tis
3rd Feb 2010, 21:15
to operate a fleet of ancient old aircraft

You obviously don't fly much in the USA my boy. There are plenty of 30+ yr old MD80s knocking about with some pretty big carriers.
By comparison, the Jet 2 fleet, esp the 757s are quiet spritely chickens.
You obviously don't like them -so please dont use them & for christs sake stop banging on about it day after day.............:8:8:8:8:8:8:8

rpmac
3rd Feb 2010, 21:17
What a boring thread this has become, time to avoid it for a while.

gsky
3rd Feb 2010, 21:27
blame Simon Showder for that
He nags and niggles... goes on and on,. and drives you to the point where you want to scream.
I really wish he would shut up , or change the record.
God what a bore he is!
Please,. Simon .. NO MORE jet2 nonsense.. PLEASE!

DADDY-OH!
3rd Feb 2010, 21:35
Chowder

You spout bile, bullsh*t & libelous 'facts' when in reality, they are the rancid ramblings of a 'Deskjockey' who publicly kisses the arse of any reader who's remotely connected with the bookies favourite airline to go bust-Monarch!

The term 'Spannermen' came about when I was paired up for 16 days with a cracking BCT engineer who was an absolute asset to the team & was a delight to be around in the bar. Our kids are the same age & we were discussing the 'X-Men' film then got onto the subject of a film about some people called the G-Men. Over a few more beers & with input from the crew we decided the pilots would be AIRmen & the engineers should be 'The Spannermen' with the best being 'Spannerman' with a Superman symbol drawn on his t-shirt. It was all good, harmless fun.

Now feel free to enlighten me as to how the term 'Spannermen' is deemed to be derogatory, offensive & unprofessional. In 20 years of being an aviation professional, I have come to know & become great friends with many engineers who I've worked with. The are generally cracking, decent, straight talking blokes who like a beer or 3 & are good company & good craic. However, I've found that generally, 'Contracts Managers' can do anything BUT manage.

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Feb 2010, 22:29
Once again we have the same people causing unrest and espousing from their own little world of make believe.

This has to stop otherwise at least two people will have to leave PPRuNe. If you think that is funny, try us.

AA&R Mods

dwshimoda
3rd Feb 2010, 23:17
OK,

I can't stay out of this any longer. Simon Chowder is spouting billious bull about something he has a very tenous knowledge of. Everyone has a bad experience occasionally, but most people let it rest after a while. Presumably his inadequacies do not allow this, so he feels it is okay to malign a successful company as much as he likes.

PPRuNe POP - please ban him - he has done nothing to contribute to this thread, and has completely derailed it.

I've just gone through my log book. I did nearly 40 hours last summer for Jet2 flying the B757 from MAN. In all that time I never had one flight delayed due to maintenance issues. Yes, we flew with the odd ADD - nothing major, and nothing that wasn't rectified within a few days, but never delayed due to a tech aircraft. There were some delays I admit, but nothing out of line with other operators I believe - this includes MON amongst others, although I do not single any one airline out for being better or worse.

What actually led to most of the delays (and none were particularly great) were:

1) Late PAX - the single biggest cause of our delays in my experience
2) ATC Slot delays
3) Ramp congestion
4) LVP's / weather
5) Late arrival of inbound aircraft - usually because the first rotation of the day experienced a delay from above. At least because we do not fly 24 hours a day, this is usually rectified by the morning.

I love our B757's - they may be a little long in the tooth, but they are well maintained and wonderful aircraft to fly - I hope we keep operating them for a long time.

Daddy Oh - welcome - you'll find a great bunch of FD & CC to work with.

Edited to add: Just rememberd we had a tow bar that couldn't detach from the nosewheel on one occasion - led to a 20 min delay - but you can't put that down to the aircraft!

DADDY-OH!
3rd Feb 2010, 23:25
Well said, dwshimoda!

757 Speedbrakes
4th Feb 2010, 16:30
I'm affraid I'm not computer 'geekish' enough to upload the photo but for anyone interested, G-LSAK still in her ATA colours at Lasham.............

Photos: Boeing 757-23N Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/ATA-Airlines/Boeing-757-23N/1646238/&sid=1bd2da723086dbf84636fea055005f15)

EuroChallenger
4th Feb 2010, 17:03
Irrespective of what anyone says about Jet2, they fly many people, own most of their aircraft and without Jet2, Leeds would barely be an International Airport - just look at the daily arrivals and departures. The same can be said for Blackpool too.

Chitty
4th Feb 2010, 18:15
i have been on jet2 meny times and i think they are one of the best airlines and the best low cost airline and there aircraft may be old least there not wasting money on brand new aircraft like easyjet and ryanair with are both crap airlines

al446
4th Feb 2010, 18:19
I would disagree with Chitty on EZY but doubly endorse what he says about RYR.

Chitty
4th Feb 2010, 18:27
i have be on easyjet and ryanair and every time i have been on them thay have been late with jet2 thay are mostly on time or some time thay air even early

purplehelmet
4th Feb 2010, 18:40
looks like its going to be a busy summer for jet2,three new aircraft loads of new routes and bookings are way up on last year.great to see thier doing so well in the currant climate.

Apple1234
5th Feb 2010, 21:34
Any truth that Jet2 MAN are moving back to Menzies in March?

HiflierEK
5th Feb 2010, 21:46
Jet2 will be doing their own inhouse pasenger handling in MAN this summer, the ramp how ever could well be menzies.

take-off
6th Feb 2010, 03:49
Pity they cant incorparate part of the old ATA livery into jet2 , like the palm tree on the tail, :O:}:} me thinks i been up to long!

cherrylock
6th Feb 2010, 23:11
Any one heard the story jet 2 are being bought by monarch, i really think monarch are a great airline but this could be very bad news for manchester, surely we need more competion not less

david1994
6th Feb 2010, 23:19
Any one heard the story jet 2 are being bought by monarch

I hope not ..... due to fly with Jet2 soon and i dont think Monarch will keep a base in Northern Ireland :mad:

737 Speedbrakes
6th Feb 2010, 23:20
Monarch buying Jet2 ? Anyone else heard this? Any sources?

smudgethecat
6th Feb 2010, 23:26
This story has been going around for a few days now it was reported in the daily telegraph today.....linky Finance and Business. Latest breaking news, stocks and shares from the UK and world - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/)

Airbus321-200
6th Feb 2010, 23:47
I hope not ..... due to fly with Jet2 soon and i dont think Monarch will keep a base in Northern Ireland http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

If Monarch did buy Jet2 then what makes you think they'd pull out of Northern Ireland??

Monarchs MD is ex-Ryanair and knows how much money can be made from the Irish market. If this story is true then it would be great to see the monarch brand expanded.

DTVAirport
7th Feb 2010, 00:09
As much as I love Monarch, I hope it's not true, Jet2 are my favourite LCC & I don't want to see them go. I always thought it would be a good idea for Jet2 to buy bmibaby.

righthandrule
7th Feb 2010, 01:11
Monarch are barely breaking even, what on gods earth makes anyone think a struggling airline like Monarch would be able to purchase Jet2? There would be little advantage in Monarch buying Jet2, they only compete at Manchester, so why not base an aircraft at each of Jet2's bases and watch Jet2 fail as everyone stops flying Jet2 and hops onto Monarch... I don't think so either.

PM, the main shareholder of Jet2 would rather fly Ryanair than let his little red and silver airline get into the hands of Monarch. Now for christs sake can we keep Monarch out of the Jet2 forum!

Anyway most of the 757's have had the Jet2 treatment, would be a backward step putting in tatty worn out cloth seats with yellow headrests...

TSR2
7th Feb 2010, 09:05
Monarch are barely breaking even, what on gods earth makes anyone think a struggling airline like Monarch would be able to purchase Jet2

What is your source of information ?

HH6702
7th Feb 2010, 09:19
Could jet2 not be buying monarch airlines??
It would get jet2 into biringham and gatwick!

righthandrule
7th Feb 2010, 10:00
What is your source of information ?

Monarch Airlines made a profit of £70,000 last year. Yes it is a profit but in Airline terms £70,000 is marginal. You could look at it that if Monarch had one more A330 captain, the airline would have not made a profit.

An airline with a turnover of over £600,000,000 that's only making a profit of £70,000 is not in a financial position to buy Jet2. Monarch would also have to buy Jet2Holidays and the numerous unknown trading names Jet2 have. That is a pretty hefty investment, and considering Jet2 is currently more profitable than Monarch, if anything The Dart Group would be looking at taking some sort of share in Monarch. There is no way the Dart Group is about to be dissolved and PM letting go of his baby.

Jet2krazey
7th Feb 2010, 11:37
Pm letting go of his baby! i dont think so! :ugh:

He is even more passionate about it at the min! were making money! bookings are up! investing in more aircraft! aplication submitted for AOC on 767, cabin refits underway! there is not a chance he would let his baby go now! :ok:
The Jet2 brand is here too stay! :)

HH6702
7th Feb 2010, 20:10
Just a few ideas i have with regrading the above

We all know Jet2 is making money on the routes it does but times are hard for ALL airlines and this coming year will be the same.

Monarch is part of a big group.
Monarch is a charter airline which is used by the group to fly its passengers from UK airports abroad.

I believe that Monarch operating costs will be greater than JET2?

Here's the idea......

Maybe Monarch is loosing money and things need to change. Maybe Monarch will revert back to just a charter airline for the groups tour operator?

Monarch may sell a few A321 and the monarch sch business to JET2?
This would allow JET2 to operate from new bases Birmingham and Gatwick without the need for massive start up costs??
Also increasing MAN base massively which would be good as EZY seems to be growning quickly

Maybe monarch buys a small share in JET2 and JET2 does ALL the flying for Cosmos and the group on a deal like British Airways did with FLYbe????
Any losses on the flights for MON then MON will pay the loss?

Something i think is going on if the papers are starting to write stories about it.

What do you guys think?

DADDY-OH!
7th Feb 2010, 20:36
Righthandrule

LBA, starting mid-April.

Jet2krazey
7th Feb 2010, 20:58
what role you starting as! :ok:

Which base!

im going in
7th Feb 2010, 21:09
Can anyone provide a direct link to any of these newspaper articles concerning Jet2 and monarch.
Thanks

DADDY-OH!
7th Feb 2010, 21:20
LBA based Captain B757/767 & I can't wait!!!

Facelookbovvered
7th Feb 2010, 23:20
I'm not sure if there is any truth in this, but it could be for real, PM must know that up against the twins of Thomas cook/Tui Jet2 holidays is a very small fish in a very large pond in which it can not hope to compete.

Its OK to talk up lease and the Haj opportunities, but look where that got Globespan?

PM has built Jet2 into a good brand that well known and respected accross the North of England, but there are weakness in its stratergy not least the huge costs that will be required to fund fleet renewal against the two big players in both the Loco market and the IT market, before long they will get the game changer that is the 787, the carbon market in Europe will punish companies running old kit.

Who knows perhaps the thought of a large pay out and time to enjoy may sway the day, if you think Monarch haven't got pockets deep enough think again, ask yourself how much the Jet2 fleet is worth? and what will be its value in 3 years time and the economy start to pick up.

Remember everyone has their price, PM is no fool:=

DADDY-OH!
8th Feb 2010, 00:03
That's b******s!

Firstly, GSM went down because a con man ripped GSM off to the tune of £40 million. Jet2 didn't use EClear to handle credit card payments.

Don't underestimate PM. Jet2 is about to start a massive expansion with record bookings, additional aircraft joining the fleet & recruitment. If PM was to sell out, surely it would be when the expansion is complete & generating lots more cash. But PM wants to develop the company.

Also Jet2 OWN all their aircraft apart from the latest B757 but if PM had to sell any of his B733's or B752's they'll be plenty of African airlines willing to buy the B733's & the QC's could head to the US' for conversion to full Freighter config. The cost to BUY Jet2 for it's owned fleet assets alone would probably be at least £140 million, and millions more for the business. MON have had to go cap in hand to the owners for around £40 million to tied them over for the year having to make savage cuts in costs,particularly in the family silver that is Monarch Engineering, I can't see the Brothers Monte' shelling out any more lolly to buy ANOTHER UK airline in a recession, particularly a "...Lo-Co outfit with old, knackered aircraft..." as Jet2's dismissers are keen to spew forth.

You do the maths!

P.S.
If, however, Facelookbovvered, you're looking to 'Troll' through here to slag Jet2 off, winde Jet2 employees up & upsetting people thankful they still have a job, then the mod's will kick you off this thread as has happened to others. Just a word of warning.

EuroChallenger
8th Feb 2010, 18:21
Hi

Based on a closing share price of 48.5p per share, the stock market value the Dart Group at just over £68m. This info is obtained from the Halifax Share Dealing website, but also available from many other sources.

Facelookbovvered
9th Feb 2010, 10:33
What are you on about?

Some one post a story about a possible purchase of Jet2 other comment on it, its called a rumour net work

I think (as i said) that its unlikely, but you never know, perhaps PM has the drive and passion to make Jet2 into something special and big?

As for Globespan, yes they were in bed with the wrong credit company, but one should ask why? to suggest that things were well in the company otherwise is rubbish.

The MODS on Pprune have a job to do, but its not censorship, i suggest you grow some rather than talking them:=

qwertyuiop
9th Feb 2010, 10:56
If EuroChallenger is correct and the Dart Group is worth £68 million and if Daddy-Oh is also correct with his valuation £140 million plus alot there will be a large que of potential buyers.

I guess one has got their figures wrong!!

al446
9th Feb 2010, 11:07
The £68m is based on share price as may be verified quite quickly, that may be why I haven't bothered. The £140m++ seems to be speculation. It may be that we are talking about a very cash rich company and both are right but I think it would be a very foolish board who did not get a bit peed off at £88m lying around in petty cash. But Daddy0oh may have seen the books. I am yet to be convinced.

EuroChallenger
9th Feb 2010, 11:12
Hello

The stock market value of any stock market quoted company can be checked in various places.

The link below is from the Financial Times' website

FT.com / Markets data / DTG:LSE: Performance for Dart Group (http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/performance.asp?s=DTG%3ALSE)

Of course, the stock-ex value of a firm does not always match the value of a firms assets. If a another firm was looking to take over a company who has shares listed on the stock market, those shares will rise, and thus the value of the company will also rise.

There are many companies quoted on the stock market with large financial values, yet some of these firms own very little in the way of assets. Their prime asset could be anything from an "idea in development" (such as a new medicine) to their own brand name.

belfastmark
9th Feb 2010, 17:02
I know how jet 2 like to offer slightly different destinations for a L.C.C Isreal, Egypt not that unusaul but Turkey etc.

What I do not understand is why they have never started more routes from Belfast. The Turkey market is massive, I don't know how many flights there are to Turkey in peak season but it must be at least 20-25. Lots of people have properties or want to book it themselves to save money. Is there a reason because they have expanded to these destinations from the mainland?

SCANDIC
9th Feb 2010, 17:27
Is there anymore news on whether Jet2 are going to stay with Servisair at Manchester, i have heard a rumour that their leaving at end of March and going back to Menzies.

al446
9th Feb 2010, 17:29
I think you miss my point and it was not directed at you.:=

Fernanjet
9th Feb 2010, 18:42
The Turkey market is massive, I don't know how many flights there are to Turkey in peak season but it must be at least 20-25.

Then why would they try and start further flights from belfast...?

surely that would be far too many....

That's currently around 4000 passengers a week for turkey alone....

rudolf
11th Feb 2010, 20:21
Interesting article:

BBC News - Rescued Romanian lions fly to new Yorkshire home (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/8510433.stm)

I wonder when Jet2 bought the 'converted Boeing 747'!

lbia2008
11th Feb 2010, 20:43
737QC?!?!?!?!?!

theloudone
11th Feb 2010, 20:55
david1994
only being a humble servant,there, maybe something more to it !:) who knows.

ryansf
11th Feb 2010, 21:06
Look North clearly showed a 737 (one of the convertible ones). I think we should know by now that the BBC/all media are useless at aviation reporting!

DADDY-OH!
11th Feb 2010, 22:38
al446

I haven't seen ANY books or accounts regarding Jet2's finances. The £140 million came was a best 'guesstimate' based on how much their owned assets of the aircraft, spares, property, slots, Fowler Coolchains equipment & assets because the share price & valuation is for The Dart Group as a whole NOT just Jet2. That 'guesstimate' is based on most of the last 20 years being involved in ACMI operations where you get a feel for how much an aircraft is worth in a monetary sense.

Facelookbovvered

Personal attacks are the last defence of an inadequate mind & I won't stoop so low as to respond with like. However, you could ask PWC how much debt GSM was in at close of business on 16th Dec 2009 but that would torpedo your theory that GSM was a poorly run company.

benish
11th Feb 2010, 22:44
There was a few posts on this page (page156) a couple of days ago from jet2krazey stating the company are looking at a Varig 767 PR-VAN

where has that post gone?!
does this mean it was only a rumour and it was deleted?!

Prestonian
12th Feb 2010, 09:53
gsky (http://www.pprune.org/members/128006-gsky)

Daddy-oh

your statement

"& I'm not sure if the ex-Varig B767-300 is owned or leased "

What ex Varig B767??

are you 100% sure ?

Where did that info come from?
Where is the a/c now?

Can you pls expand upon that statement?
Tks
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 16:00 Jet2krazey (http://www.pprune.org/members/231683-jet2krazey)

Ex Varig 767-300
Comes from inside information at work! rumour around work is their looking at two ex Varig 767-300ERs one of which is PR-VAN, but as always only time will tell.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_online.gif
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 17:01 SCANDIC (http://www.pprune.org/members/185291-scandic)

Jet2 767
PR-VAN is stored at the minute but not sure where, its a 1996 model so its not to old.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Spotter LBA
12th Feb 2010, 15:59
Quote; "Good morning guys, just seen this on LBA arrivals does anybody know what it is? LSAK? Has it been sprayed wingletted and refitted or just one of the above. Also anybody know when it will start operating i read somewhere April."

The only flight details similar to the above showing on the LBA arrivals now are;

http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/graphics/airlinelogos/ls.gifhttp://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/graphics/clearfiller.gifLS031E LASHAM 1730

I thought that G-LSAK was booked in at Air Livery at Manchester for the 9th February unless things have changed. The above flight may well be one of the current fleet that has gone for the new interiors fitting.

Spotter LBA
12th Feb 2010, 17:08
Thanks mmeteeside. Has it had the interior fit out do you know?

Hogg
12th Feb 2010, 17:24
Guys
Im closing this thread due to the constant registration reporting, if you want to swap regs or report on some airplanes flights do so in the Spotters thread for jet2 in spectators.
Thanks

Hogg
14th Feb 2010, 11:41
Guys/Girls, Im opening this thread for discussing Jet2 but please keep the reg reports out of this one. Ive already opened a thread for this in spectators.

Carnethy
14th Feb 2010, 12:05
Cool. Any news about EDI expansion? Despite Ryanair annoucning 3 new routes we still have a gap to places like PFO, SSH, DLM, etc. A Jet2 757 (no reg required!! :=) would be perfect for EDI.

habs_fan
14th Feb 2010, 15:12
how many aircraft do jet2 base in edi?

LPFR
14th Feb 2010, 15:53
Not 100% sure but i think there's three 737-300 based.

david1994
14th Feb 2010, 16:56
Does anyone know how many B737-300's are being based at BFS in summer 10 and also will we be getting the B752 back ?

Regards

lagerlout
14th Feb 2010, 17:02
^^^^ 2 and no!

freightdoggy dog
15th Feb 2010, 06:33
BBC News - Rescued Romanian lions fly to new Yorkshire home (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8511836.stm)

Fifteen seconds of fame !!!

tonker
15th Feb 2010, 08:16
I roared with laughter when i saw this, at least we should claw back some good publicity with this.

The mane thing is that they are now safe and sound in "Doncaster"!

757 Speedbrakes
15th Feb 2010, 09:06
Ahh Tonker, you can do better than reducing yourself to dodgy puns!! :}

EuroChallenger
15th Feb 2010, 16:32
Edinburgh - Palma now on sale.

flybar
15th Feb 2010, 17:12
I roared with laughter when i saw this, at least we should claw back some good publicity with this.

The mane thing is that they are now safe and sound in "Doncaster"!

Good commercial sense behind this one.
The Jet2 plane made the National News all day and much more on the local news including an interview with the pilot and load master.

Think the Doncaster Airport Representative with his worry about a lion eating a passenger was a bit over the top!!.

GnRdL
15th Feb 2010, 18:07
After Flyglobespan bankruptcy, was a good opportunity to open new flights between Alicante and Edinburgh. Once again, missing an opportunity. :ugh:

Furthermore they announce flights to Murcia from Manchester for winter 2010/2011, and they don't try to do the same in Alicante. The 3rd busiest route in Alicante with only Monarch (1x/daily) and easyJet (1x/daily) regular flights during the winter. :ugh:

Komaan Jet2!

SCANDIC
18th Feb 2010, 18:37
I see that G-LSAD will be getting a lick of paint soon at Manchester in the Livery hangar, why has it taken so long for them to give it the full paint job. What happened to the new 757 coming for a paint job.:)

IB4138
18th Feb 2010, 18:38
It's still undergoing maintenance at Lasham.

18th Feb 2010, 21:55
Anyone know where LS is up to with this position as advertised a few months ago? Have they decided to appoint internally?

itsonthebox
18th Feb 2010, 23:12
749957....Jet2 advertise a skilled position ? you sure ? The 2 applicants weren't young enough or thrusting enough....too much experience :=

HH6702
19th Feb 2010, 01:00
just to let you all know jethros fleet list website states that the 767 will arrive in april and be in service for may 2010. it is the reg that was posted on here.

looks like the aircraft will be used for there busiest routes then this summer!!

:ok::ok::ok:

sorry if i shouldnt have posted this here!

luvly jubbly
19th Feb 2010, 10:02
Registrations, seating config & colour schemes should be discussed on the spotters forum, but I should imagine that discussing the addition of widebody type to the Jet2 fleet, and speculation of routes should be OK on here.

As has been discussed, the addition of Long Haul routes to a short haul LoCo should not be taken lightly, as we at GSM found out to our cost. Indeed it was the disastrous second year of long haul ops that made us reliant upon Eclear, which eventually bankrupted the Airline.

It looks like PM is going a bit slower in this respect, and although there is capacity available to SFB from GLA etc, don't underestimate how steep a learning curve long haul can be for a short haul airline.
If Jethro's info is correct, (sometimes it's info taken straight from these pages, other times it's confirmed by those in the know... :ok:), then it looks as though Jet2 are being sensible in introducing the new type on it's current route structure, before expanding into ETOPS routes etc. For instance, it makes much more sense to do the line training sectors to TFS, rather than SFB etc.

For the current 757 guys (& girls), who have not yet flown a 767, it is a really great aircraft, and the vast majority of dual rated pilots prefer to fly the 767:ok:

However, as with the arrival of any aircraft.... Don't believe it til you see it on the tarmac in a Jet2 paintscheme

LJ

LBA
19th Feb 2010, 17:02
IB4138 - LSAD flew to TFS from LBA this morning, so definitely isn't at Lasham!

757 Speedbrakes
19th Feb 2010, 18:10
Don't mention aircraft registrations!! :oh::=

IB4138
19th Feb 2010, 18:35
IB4138 - LSAD flew to TFS from LBA this morning, so definitely isn't at Lasham!

I'll have a pint of what you've obviously had too many of LBA. :rolleyes:

The "new" 757 (AK for need of identification only on this thread) is still at Lasham, on maintainance as I said in my previous post. It is not due in service till April, so plenty of time for it to done battleship grey, before that date.

Now, if you are plane spotting, please go to the appropriate thread. :ugh:

conti onepass
26th Feb 2010, 09:12
just flown jet2 manchester lanzarote return... another thumbs up guys keep up the good work.

SCANDIC
27th Feb 2010, 08:16
Anyone know where the 76 is at this moment i time.

jethro15
27th Feb 2010, 16:48
^ Abu Dhabi ^

Ivan aromer
27th Feb 2010, 17:48
Whats it doing there?

Earlyriser
27th Feb 2010, 17:57
Ivan,

Its proberly in a hanger getting various checks and engineering work done to it before jet2 take it into service!

conti onepass
28th Feb 2010, 18:20
how come jet2 dont operate many flights in the winter months from manchester... no alicante or malaga.. come on guys there must be demand for these.

MUFC_fan
28th Feb 2010, 18:25
You'll find that Jet2 operate a very specific timetable. During the first season of a new route, they will operate what they would class as an 'average' frequency. The following year they would make changes based on those figures and subsequently future years.

If you look through a Jet2 timetable you will see that during some months flights operate on certain days and they change accordingly.

Blackpool is a clear example of this.

Going loco
28th Feb 2010, 18:30
Conti - the flights aren't profitable in the winter.

BAladdy
6th Mar 2010, 21:58
According the Jethros the purchase of the 767 has been canx due Varig a/c unsuitable.

Previous (http://www.jethros.eu/previous/previous_updates.htm)

Anyone know anymore?

EuroChallenger
8th Mar 2010, 17:26
Might be mistaken, did I see a Jet2 757 @ East Mids, and if so what was it doing/going?

FR-
9th Mar 2010, 06:17
Yes the aircraft has been parked up on the central apron for atleast a week now. I guess its ready to start operations from EMA in May. Also FR have 8 aircraft at EMA, we are only using 5 a/c untill the 28th.

odogo2
9th Mar 2010, 08:18
The 757 was on the training circuit on friday:)

EuroChallenger
9th Mar 2010, 17:45
Thank you to both for the reply.

SCANDIC
12th Mar 2010, 17:59
G-LSAD had its new white paint job for the summer, they've kept it white because its going on lease next winter. Jet2 have been advised not to get a 76 because its not a good time to get into long haul market.

TSR2
12th Mar 2010, 19:18
Jet2 have been advised not to get a 76 because its not a good time to get into long haul market.

Will LS not be aquiring the 767 based solely on this advice as the reason was previously posted as :

According the Jethros the purchase of the 767 has been canx due Varig a/c unsuitable

Whatever the reason it sounds like the 767 is not imminent. Maybe an opportunity missed, as I feel they could be usefully employed as a perfect compliment to the 757 on the busier short haul routes and an ideal way of phasing them in to the overall operation in readiness for entering the long haul market at the appropriate time.

HH6702
12th Mar 2010, 20:12
I had heard that the 767 were coming into the fleet to add extra seats to the busiest short haul routes this coming summer.

If they thought they could make money on long haul or getting some charter work for summer 2011 then they would be happy to take the risk going long haul for summer 2011

maybe they havent won a contact for long haul routes for next summer from one of the big tour operators thomson or thomas cook holidays???

:confused:

Teevee
13th Mar 2010, 09:10
I think that's a shame, if only because I'd love to see the look on MOL's face as a full Jet2 767 departed for Alicante, either from LBA or anywhere else ... but I guess he'd be tempted to give away totally free flights to avoid that happening:) Though I reckon it could be done maybe, when TOM was in its second year from DSA the 767 which came back in on the Orlando flight went out, if I'm not mistaken with pax to Alicante, and it was always pretty full!

Fernanjet
14th Mar 2010, 16:58
They will definately not be getting the 767 this year - according to their crew

uklad007
15th Mar 2010, 18:06
It would seem Jet2 are going to be contracted for the BA Strike operating a number of Short Haul routes from LHR.

Ian Brooks
15th Mar 2010, 19:02
Loads of dosh! nice little bonus at end of winter to help the coffers

TSR2
15th Mar 2010, 20:27
I see simonchowder is at it again.

From the BA Strike thread in Spectators Balcony:
I hear monarch are involved as are a fair few others, needless to say jet 2 were not invited to tender due to their reliability issues

purplehelmet
15th Mar 2010, 20:41
tsr2.
re. chowder some people never learn do they.
anyone know how many jet2 aircraft will be involved?

cherrylock
15th Mar 2010, 20:44
Must be a welcome boost for jet 2, ive been spotting at manchester quite abit recently and lots of their planes seem to be grounded doing very little on distant remote stands, im sure they will do a great job helping out BA

sam1993
15th Mar 2010, 20:59
I think Monday 22nd March will see 6 Jet2 aircraft operating from LHR on behalf of BA; 4 737s and 2 757s :ok:

bobleeds
16th Mar 2010, 11:32
I hope they are able to complete the stand-in work for BA without the need to delay or cancel any of their own flights (...it might be financially expedient to do this, given the price BA may be paying to charter the aircraft)

MANTFS
16th Mar 2010, 11:36
A bit worrying that they have this much spare capacity during a peak week!

david1994
16th Mar 2010, 11:50

Yep it is isn't it but i guess one off there 733's is going to come from BFS ans they have based 2 there and one does the cargo run at night and the other one just really sits there and does the TFS and Chamberry on a Saturday.

757flyer
16th Mar 2010, 12:14
ehm, not a peak week at all! jet2 peak is summer season, really beginning easter week ( early APRIL) through till end october.

compton3bravo
16th Mar 2010, 12:34
One of a there B737s (G-CELP) is doing a Luton-Nice charter today. Good luck to them if they can pick up lucative charters. Oh Simon Chowder way off the mark again.

Fernanjet
16th Mar 2010, 14:41

since has the 20-22nd March been a peak week in europe....for any airline let alone jet2?!

some people just like to try and make things look worse than they are for the airline.

HH6702
16th Mar 2010, 15:42
Don't forget JET2 own there planes so don't have lease payments to make so they don't have to fly the planes in winter months if they are going to make a loss
Unlike thomson or thomas cook who send about 6-8 aircraft each on lease to skyservice during the winter months as these aircraft are leased and they need to make money during the quiet months.

Come august u won't find jet2 with a spare aircraft sitting around.
TOM and TCX may have a back up aircraft but only one.
I'm sure that last summer tcx had to charter other airlines when they had tech aircraft!

Robert1992
16th Mar 2010, 16:22
TCX have no spare aircraft this summer. They will need to charter out aircraft if any go tech!

LPFR
16th Mar 2010, 16:30
Looks like for the 20th and 21st, Jet2 will be operating on behalf of BA, flights to Geneva and Munich with B757 and Lyon, Oslo, Milan and Stuttgart with B733. Hope all works well for them! The new interiors will be more than welcome for the pax and comfortable enough for these sectors. ;)

MANTFS
16th Mar 2010, 18:04
The 2 weeks of Easter School holidays along with the proceeding week and week after are generally regarded as peak weeks by Leisure Airlines, at least certainly by TCX, TOM and MON who have no spare capacity this weekend!

Baron buzz
16th Mar 2010, 18:36
Thomson have 3 spare a/c over the summer (providing they aren't tech too!)

737-800

Cheers.

sam1993
16th Mar 2010, 19:03
I think Jet2 will be the biggest provider of aircraft for BA this weekend with a total 4 737s and 2 757s operating for them!

A little off topic but...
TCX have no spare aircraft this summer. They will need to charter out aircraft if any go tech! TCX will have an A320 as a standby aircraft this summer! :ok:

DjerbaDevil
16th Mar 2010, 19:26
According to updated information from the NET, JET2 have taken on two extra B757s and two B767s.

dwshimoda
17th Mar 2010, 09:07
I see simonchowder is at it again.

From the BA Strike thread in Spectators Balcony:
Quote:
I hear monarch are involved as are a fair few others, needless to say jet 2 were not invited to tender due to their reliability issues

As has been pointed out previously, Jet2 are providing 6 aircraft to BA this weekend.

And the idiot chowder has been banned again, perhaps this time it could be made permanent?

I'd love to know exactly what Jet2 did to him to make him so fanatically anti-Jet2!

DjerbaDevil: The B763's are cancelled, and there is only one extra B752, which is based at EMA.

DjerbaDevil
17th Mar 2010, 10:02
The two B752s that are shown as new acquisitions for JET2 are shown to have registrations G-LSAK and G-LSAC that came from ATA Airlines and Ryan International respectively. G-LSAK is shown to be stored at Lasham (QLA) at this moment.

Also, the same source maintains that JET2 have acquired two B763s, as follows:
25132 B767-38E(ER) PR-VAF Stored at Goodyear (GYR) Fom: GOL Trans. Aéreos
27427 B767-328(ER) PR-VAN Stored at Tucson (TUS) From: VRG Linhas Aéreas

Curiously the information on the B763s was updated very recently but as you say all indications from JET2 are that the deal was cancelled.

757flyer
17th Mar 2010, 10:29
as dwshimoda pointed out the 767s are cancelled, g-lsak is the new 757, g-lsac has been in service for 3 or more years with jet2!

An internal memo from the MD stated that the 767s have been delayed until 2011 due to uncertain economics on longhaul flying.

toledoashley
17th Mar 2010, 10:58
Why not get them now and put them on short haul routes in the summer?

Ian Brooks
17th Mar 2010, 10:59
Best option is if in doubt don`t do it yet

Ian B

backtrack_32
17th Mar 2010, 23:11
"toledoashley Why not get them now and put them on short haul routes in the summer?"

Another thing you have to think of is turn around time and man power. The 73's and 75's only take a small amount of men to turn around with a belt loader and some trollies, whereas a 767 takes more man power using high loaders and bins and more time.

TOWTEAMBASE
17th Mar 2010, 23:17
not if you have a supply of ULDs on station, decent loaders could turn a 767 as quick as a narrow body if everything is there waiting. A ramp transfer would be the only thing to slow it down really

Flyboy543
17th Mar 2010, 23:22
Years ago when TOM had their B762 or B763 flying a full shorthall schedule the turnaround times were 1 hour. The same for the B752, B738 & Airbus. Agreed there is quite a bit more equipment needed but has never been a big problem before.

Jet2krazey
18th Mar 2010, 00:17
Any idea why the flying tampon is still white! why spend that money for it still to be the same! :confused:

YouTube - AIR_LIVERY_757_TIMELAPSE.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f2tnQENgyk) Hope the link works! :)

BAladdy
18th Mar 2010, 07:25
Does anyone know how many aircraft LS are basing at EDI of the peak summer months this year?.

Monday

Aircraft 1: EDI-PRG-EDI
Aircraft 2: EDI-VCE-EDI

Tuesday

Aircraft 1: EDI-FAO-EDI
Aircraft 2: EDI-MJV-EDI

Wednesday:

Aircraft 1: EDI-TLS-EDI

Thursday:

Aircraft 1: EDI-PRG-EDI-IBZ-EDI
Aircraft 2: EDI-FAO-EDI
Aircraft 3: EDI-MJV-EDI

Friday

Aircraft 1: EDI-VCE-EDI-MAH-EDI
Aircraft 2: EDI-PRG-EDI-LDE-EDI
Aircraft 3: EDI-MJV-EDI

Saturday

Aircraft 1: EDI-VCE-EDI-OLB-EDI
Aircraft 2: EDI-FAO-EDI-TLS-EDI
Aircraft 3: EDI-MJV-EDI-LRH-EDI
Aircraft 4: EDI-PMI-EDI-IBZ-EDI

Sunday

Aircraft 1: EDI-REU-EDI-IBZ-EDI
Aircraft 2: EDI-DBV-EDI-PRG-EDI
Aircraft 3: EDI-FAO-EDI
Aircraft 4: EDI-PMI-EDI-MJV-EDI

The reason I ask is because the way the current timetable stands there are some days where an aircraft will operate two sectors and either sit idle all morning or afternoon. On a Wednesday there pax operation ex EDI only requires one aircraft yet on a Saturday and Sunday they need four aircraft.

Does this mean on certain day there will be aircraft just sitting doing nothing?? and if that is the case why haven't LS launched more routes at EDI ??.

There are certain routes that LS operate to/from there other bases that would sell well ex EDI the mains routes being BUD, DLM, BGY, PFO and SSH,

Thanks in advance for any info

GnRdL
18th Mar 2010, 08:28
Jet2 could open a new route EDI-ALC, after bankruptcy of Globespan. They are missing a good opportunity. :ugh:

No RYR for me
18th Mar 2010, 09:08
Jet2 could open a new route EDI-ALC, after bankruptcy of Globespan. They are missing a good opportunity.

I rate LS their ability to see if a route is viable higher than the fact that a backrupt airline had a goodload factor on it. :rolleyes:

purplehelmet
18th Mar 2010, 09:31
jet2krazey, apparently its going out on lease next winter,
still seems a bit odd though to keep it white,unless thats whats been agreed with who ever is going to lease it.

LBIA
18th Mar 2010, 10:35
And dont forget that Jet2's, Saturday afternoons Edinburgh - Olbia-Sardinia service is operating via Leeds/Bradford in both directions this summer.

SCANDIC
18th Mar 2010, 14:07
It has only been painted white because its going on lease next winter so the engineers tell me plus its cheaper to have it like that so you can put different stickers on it. I doubt that will ever get the full grey effect paintjob, i actually think it looks better than the rest.

purplehelmet
18th Mar 2010, 14:32
prerfer the silver me self,not keen on the battleship grey though makes them look a bit dull.

cherrylock
18th Mar 2010, 17:09
Jet 2 really need to update their paint scheme, its so old fashioned and slightly tacky, a new scheme would do wonders for their image

Ian Brooks
18th Mar 2010, 17:29
I think the original sceme was the best

Ian

flybar
18th Mar 2010, 18:42
Jet 2 really need to update their paint scheme, its so old fashioned and slightly tacky, a new scheme would do wonders for their image

Concentrating on the interiors at the moment

Papa2Charlie
18th Mar 2010, 20:40
Hi all,

Concentrating on the interiors is a good move for Jet2. It will help standardise the customer experience and also help reduce maintenance burden on the airline. With aircraft coming from a variety of other operators, they probably have to hold a large spares holding. The new light-weight seats are a good step in this direction and as they are lighter there's a payload increase or fuel burn decrease available.

All the best,

P2C

purplehelmet
18th Mar 2010, 22:22
how about mostley white with red and silver stripes and red tail with white and silver logos? a bit like the original air 2000 colours only bolder.

HZ123
19th Mar 2010, 17:48
Dont' forget to get a couple of pics of them on stand at T5 tomorrow morning or later tonite?

EuroChallenger
19th Mar 2010, 18:26
Does anyone know how the East Mids Geneva and Cmabery flights are to be operated?

Chambery looks to be a W pattern with a Newcastle aircraft, anyone know about the Geneva?

Chitty
19th Mar 2010, 20:08
i think the geneva route is don by the stansted plane in the winter jet2 base 1 737-300 in stansted to fly to geneva

SGH
20th Mar 2010, 21:26
I think that things start getting busy next weekend, so convenient timing of the BA strike, looking at the BA website There are 6 aircraft flying for BA. It will be a good warm up for the summer season. From their various reports Jet2 own the aircraft so if a route dont pay they wont fly it.

smudgethecat
20th Mar 2010, 21:57
I do hope things do start to pick up soon, the parking charges alone the jet 2 static display team at manchester are incurring must be horrendous

kevlarcarl
21st Mar 2010, 07:11
jet 2 may be struggling at the present but it wont be for long, they have a pretty busy summer schedule i hear

Johnny F@rt Pants
21st Mar 2010, 11:39
Who said anything about struggling. The winter program was curtailed down to a bare minimum of profitable routes last winter, and this winter's been the same. Surely anyone can see that it's better to park the aeroplanes at a minimal cost than to fly a route that costs a hell of a lot more due to lack of demand over the winter months:ok:.

ILS32
22nd Mar 2010, 21:22
This from the Sun.
PRINCE William jetted home from skiing yesterday using strike-hit British Airways - enraging union firebrands hell-bent on grounding him.
Wills, 27, joined tens of thousands who defiantly boarded jets - some of the flights using specially- chartered planes.

The Prince and 200 passengers flew home from Switzerland on an aircraft supplied by Jet2 - complete with cabin crew to replace those on strike.
Prince William flying Jet2 and not simonchowders beloved Monarch.
It will be good for the Jet2 image.It's unfortunate that it is because of the BA Cabin
Crew being on strike.The passengers will have been impressed with the new cabin interiors, I know I was after flying to Arrecife and back last month.I know the Jet2
fleet is not as modern as some,but they are well maintained and there is plenty of life left in them.

ILS32

Jet2krazey
22nd Mar 2010, 21:35
Unfortunatly he was on G-LSAA, and it hasnt had the cabin refit yet!, :-(

freightdoggy dog
22nd Mar 2010, 22:41
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/freightdoggydog/PICT0503.jpg

MUFC_fan
22nd Mar 2010, 23:29
Advert link removed

I love it how they never mentioned that they were booked with BA but the 'celebrity' passengers seem to have made a choice to fly with Jet2!:E

It didn't take them long...

flybar
24th Mar 2010, 21:46
Looks like Jet2 doing another Cruise Ship Crew Change flight from Poland to Fort Lauderdale via Manchester tomorrow

david1994
24th Mar 2010, 22:31
On MAN dep boards

LS6312 11:45 F. Lauderdale Scheduled 11:45

obviously they will be taking the 757 but will it be flying direct do you know?

Id say yes becasue from MAN - FLL it is only 4310 mi

luvly jubbly
24th Mar 2010, 23:13
Havent we had this discussion before?? B757s usually need to tech stop to Florida. Return will be direct. There is a chance (winds dependant on the day) that it can be done in one leg.....

That distance is still air distance!

I would bet on a tech stop at St Johns or Halifax, but I prefer Bangor, Maine lol

LJ

DADDY-OH!
25th Mar 2010, 00:37
It's going via Gander. I agree LJ Bangor would be better.

johnnychips
25th Mar 2010, 00:43
Why is Bangor, Maine preferable? Superior facilities, or just to say you've been to a place mentioned on 'King of the Road'? :confused:

(Younger posters won't know what I'm on about)

luvly jubbly
25th Mar 2010, 04:04
DADDY-OH..... Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to Bangor.....

In fact, took my girlfriend on holiday. To Bangor.... (More than once) :ok:

BGR is an easy place to fly thru. Great service (and fast) from the guys on the ground, and no probs weather wise... Personally at this time of year the further south I can get the happier I am.

Apple1234
28th Mar 2010, 07:53
menzies start with jet2 today at man.

Not one jet2 departure on time from man so far, i can hear mr carter
calling for aviance to come back from the dead.

flybar
28th Mar 2010, 08:38
An ontime departure from Manchester seems to be an exception with anybody these days!!

In the first 3 hours of Departures this morning there has been 1 on time departure and 1 a few minutes early and the rest late - unfortunately seems to be the norm these days.

Mr A Tis
28th Mar 2010, 09:22
Over the last two weeks, I have flown with Lufthansa, Monarch & easyJet from MAN. All 3 flights pushed back ahead of time, I don't know which agents they use, but all appeared pretty smooth at MAN.
Maybe its just a Jet2 problem & teething troubles with new agents.

flybar
28th Mar 2010, 10:14
Mr A Tis - my post refers to all flights this morning not just Jet2

IB4138
28th Mar 2010, 11:31
FYO, Mr A Tis

My Easy flight, last Sunday morning, pushed back 20 minutes down.

dublindispatch
28th Mar 2010, 12:55
Other than a load of DUB-LDE charter flights this summer is JET2 doing anyothe charter work from DUB this summer?

LPFR
28th Mar 2010, 14:13
LS812 12:00 Geneva Arrived 12:25
LS2126 12:15 Chambery Arrived 12:10
LS338 13:00 Chambery Arrived 14:11
LS810 13:40 Malaga Arrived 15:02
LS792 13:40 Rome Arrived 14:20
LS876 15:00 Faro Arrived 14:54

Not a great day, but not the worse at all..maximum 1h20min delay..Obviously this may affect a bit the flights for the afternoon, but at least nothing to worry about. So far,

LS801 13:45 Venice Departed 13:54
LS879 14:10 Alicante Departed 14:31

There are some airlines with worse delays including Aer Lingus, Continental, Viking and Monarch.

kevlarcarl
28th Mar 2010, 15:23
i use jet 2 a fair bit cheap as chips, however as far as delays go there dreadfull their either tech or they have a handling agent issue, however i dont care their cheap which suits me fine, you get what you pay for if you want better service use zb and pay more

LPFR
28th Mar 2010, 15:51
I was only talking about today, smudgethecat. That's what was being discussed.

smudgethecat
28th Mar 2010, 16:32
sorry, offending post deleted! actually kevlar i wouldnt describe jet 2,s OTD as dreadfull, room for improvement perhaps, but dreadfull? not really

cherrylock
28th Mar 2010, 17:10
Jet 2 are not dreadfull carl there staff are fantastic and its not there fault there planes are getting on a bit and tend to break down more often, im sure that in the not too distant future the old planes wil lbe scrapped and new planes bought, when that happens they will be up with the best

The96er
28th Mar 2010, 18:02
I'm sure that in the not too distant future the old planes will be scrapped and new planes bought

Very unlikely that Jet2 will ever buy new aircraft, that's not how they operate or do business. I quite like Jet2's "new" -er B737 a/c that positioned in to MAN yesterday complete with crossed out Russian markings on the passenger doors !!

kevlarcarl
28th Mar 2010, 18:36
They can operate their old sheds for ever and a day for me as long as they stay cheap who cares if there operating some russian junk off e bay as long as they stay in the air

LPFR
28th Mar 2010, 19:55
Very unlikely that Jet2 will ever buy new aircraft

Of course someday newer aircrafts will be bought. The current fleet is here to stay as long as they're safe to fly, otherwise they wouldn't be getting a complete interior change, but as any other machine they don't last forever.

Shed-on-a-Pole
28th Mar 2010, 20:06
I believe that the point being made is that Jet2's policy is to acquire pre-owned aircraft. Hence any replacement aircraft will be "new" to the Jet2 fleet but not new-build aircraft. Hope this clarifies things.

take-off
29th Mar 2010, 08:24
I would imagine the new seats would be fitted in the newer aircraft as and when they arrive.... Think this may have been asked before , quite a while ago but times change, would JET2 ever get any airbus?:ok:

kevlarcarl
29th Mar 2010, 12:12
jet2 would operate airbuses if they could afford them, why wouldnt you? however its no doubt far cheaper to buy old boeing 757/67 sheds than it is to obtain aircraft such as the 321/330

TSR2
29th Mar 2010, 12:31
The Jet2 policy of single aircraft manufacturer and the purchase of pre-owned aircraft has been the basis of their success to date, therefore I cannot see the purchase of any Airbus aircraft in the forseeable future. The A320 is too large for the main fleet and there are very few used A319 available. The A321 is not as versatile as the B757 whilst the A330 maybe too large for their envisaged long haul operations.

LPFR
29th Mar 2010, 13:13
Anyone knows if GLSAK is ready to start operations (Was due in April, so in a few days) and if it's fitted with the new interiors?

theloudone
29th Mar 2010, 13:53
TSR2

It sounds like you work for Jet2 engineering ? ! If so, are the 73`s due lap joint work any time soon ?

INKJET
29th Mar 2010, 13:56
Jet2 fleet looks OK until you see something new parked next to it, the same is true of the bmibaby fleet.

I don't think pax care too much unless it translates in to tech delays, if you can keep the paint clean and the interior tidy then you have an ok product.

The Ryanair aircraft will use the same fuel to the Med but can carry an extra 37 pax and knock at least 15-20 minutes off the flight time.

Pax numbers for both will make interesting reading over the next six months

Rock On Tommy
29th Mar 2010, 14:18
The aircraft are newer than their payscales!:}

TSR2
29th Mar 2010, 21:04
Sorry to disappoint but I have no connection whatsoever with Jet2 so cannot help with your question on lap joints.

MANTFS
6th Apr 2010, 13:31
With Oil prices going up and some predictions of it reaching $100 per b by the summer does anybody know if Jet 2 have hedged their fuel for Summer 10 or paying on the spot prices ?

Chitty
6th Apr 2010, 14:02
no jet2 have a lot of fuel stored thay have had it stored for a long time thay stored it at leeds but i dont know about other airports

757flyer
6th Apr 2010, 15:24
stored?? what utter rubbish!

yes jet2 hedge fuel, quite what / how much and for how long is a trade secret so managment are not telling :cool:

qwertyuiop
6th Apr 2010, 15:33
The post from Chitty is an indication of how much crap is now spoken on this website!!

Fuel Crossfeed
6th Apr 2010, 19:37
however its no doubt far cheaper to buy old boeing 757/67 sheds than it is to obtain aircraft such as the 321/330

But in the long run they are not cheaper to operate, fuel wise the 757 gulps down the fuel where as the bus just sips it.

timothy taylor
6th Apr 2010, 20:46
Can you back up your sipping statement with some figures.

HOODED
6th Apr 2010, 21:13
Seems they are continuing to obtain new "old" aircraft,yet another B733 this time ex greek has appeared on Jethroes. Says it's currently sat at SNN and due in service in May. It is however a newer example than most of their fleet being LN 2206, this makes it their second newest 733! :ok:

dwshimoda
7th Apr 2010, 08:54
Can you back up your sipping statement with some figures.

Typical figures are 3,600kg/h for the B752, and 3,000kg/h for the A321-200. (these are subject to all sorts of variable / caveats, but are a reasonable average)

The B752 will however lift more, go further, go higher, and do it slightly faster.

I challenge anyone to get on one of the recently re-fitted aircraft and describe it as "an old shed".

DW.

Fuel Crossfeed
7th Apr 2010, 10:07
Plus a couple more according to my manual.
A320 Apu & Taxy 10mins appx 160kgs
B757 Apu & Taxy 10mins appx 260kgs
A320 Final reserve 30mins appx 800-1100kgs subject landing weight
B757 Final reserve 30mins appx 1300-1800kgs subject landing weight
A320 manouvre fuel appx 55kgs per min
B757 manouvre fuel appx 80kgs per min
All approximates subject to conditions on the day, a/c weights etc etc

wawkrk
7th Apr 2010, 10:26
We all know new generation aircraft are more fuel efficient, so what?
I imagine Jet2 will start upgrading when the time is right.
Ryanair built their business on fuel guzzling Boeing 737-200's. There are many full service airlines still using equipment similar to jet2.

Fuel Crossfeed
7th Apr 2010, 10:50
We all know new generation aircraft are more fuel efficient, so what?
wawkrk - I'm just answering a previous posters question about fuel figs - thats all!

bluepilot
7th Apr 2010, 12:54
to compare A320 fuel burns to the 757 is not a reasonable comparison. The 757 has a much larger payload / range / performance capacity. The 737-800 is build to do the same job as the A320, thats a more reasonable comparison, or 737-400 to A319.

MUFC_fan
7th Apr 2010, 13:35
I am no expert on fuel consumption etc.

However, I would expect that on an SSH run, a 757 would be more economic during the high summer months would it not? It would breeze down that runway with no problems what soever and the climb would be p*ss for that aircraft. Am I wrong?

wawkrk
7th Apr 2010, 13:41
Fuel Crossfeed

Sorry, I didn't read all the previous postings.

purplehelmet
7th Apr 2010, 13:52
guys' just wondered if these fuel burn figures for the 757 are with or without the winglets fitted?

cherrylock
7th Apr 2010, 14:30
Just out of interest how may miles per gallon does a plane like a 757 achieve also what fuel is used is it petrol or diesal, thanks

purplehelmet
7th Apr 2010, 14:53
hi cherry.
if you google jet fuel, or aviation fuel you will find loads of info on what kind of fuels aircraft use.:ok:

dwshimoda
7th Apr 2010, 16:21
guys' just wondered if these fuel burn figures for the 757 are with or without the winglets fitted?

Without. The winglets give 3% - 5% fuel saving / CO2 reduction, depending on various criteria such as sector length, etc.

You can find lots of data on the winglets here: AERO - Blended Winglets Improve Performance (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_03_09/article_03_1.html)

DW.

purplehelmet
7th Apr 2010, 17:00
thanks dw.
i read somewhere that on average it can take 2to3 years to recoup the money spent on having winglets fitted against the cost of fuel, with the cost of fuel rising all the time and the age of the fleet is it benifical to have the whole fleet (wingleted)or just a few that are used on the longer routes.

ph.

dwshimoda
7th Apr 2010, 18:38
Don't know!

Anecdotally I've heard the cost of winglets for a B752 anywhere between $1m and $1.8m - apparently it involves a wing spar mod, so it is serious engineering.

I guess the effectiveness would be a complex formula of average sector lengths, payload, annual hours flown, and number of years you expect to keep the airframe, at a bare minimum. In reality, it's probably far more complex.

DW.

purplehelmet
7th Apr 2010, 22:42
dw.
agreed its far more complexed than it first appears, apparently its quite major surgery and not just a case of bolting them on the end of the wings as some people might think. it must give the bean counters a few headaches trying to work out if its going to be cost effective in the long run especially if the a/c gets used a lot on shorter routes.
ph.

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Apr 2010, 04:34
It is indeed a major modification, which is why you get extra inspections added and some of your existing structural inspections intervals are reduced.
So your fuel savings have to be weighed up against your extra maintenance costs.

kevlarcarl
8th Apr 2010, 13:43
Wouldnt have thought fuel burn must be much of a problem for jet 2 at present most of their fleet appear to be grounded, are you guys on strike or something?:eek:

LPFR
8th Apr 2010, 14:38
Neither. You must be a little confused.

Spotter LBA
8th Apr 2010, 17:01
Kevlarkarl, do you know something we don't all know about the Jet2 fleet being grounded or staff being on strike?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Travelled through LBA this morning and the Jet2 fleet was rather busy. The summer schedule for Jet2 is well under way now so most of the fleet is rather busy.

smudgethecat
8th Apr 2010, 17:19
Know what you mean carl they do seem to be sat about doing not a lot at present but im sure there not grounded or on strike, things will pick up for them soon i reckon

LPFR
8th Apr 2010, 17:53
If staff was on strike everyone would know about already, so that's a rather odd presumption. Fleet is busy, so is it's staff.

Spotter LBA
8th Apr 2010, 19:04
Why do certain members always have nothing else to do than drag Jet2 down. We all know why a lot of the Jet2 fleet sit around during the Winter months and there is no way that any staff have been on strike or for that matter are Jet2 in trouble.

sam1993
8th Apr 2010, 19:17
Wouldnt have thought fuel burn must be much of a problem for jet 2 at present most of their fleet appear to be grounded, are you guys on strike or something?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif
I don't know where you get this information from but this site (listing all the movements of an aircraft on a specific day) shows that Jet2 operated a siginificant number of flights AND aircraft today!
libhomeradar - easy collect aircraft information - Database search results (http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/results.php?qid=4208989&page=0)

Cherrylock - Jet2 are not in trouble and there is definately NOT a strike! :ok:

AircraftOperations
8th Apr 2010, 20:23
Jet2 are well and truly ramping up for a busy summer season.

As regards the retrofit of winglets to an aircraft, it's not just the cost of materials and fitting VS the fuel savings that need to be considered. Also remember the ferry costs to/from the relevant maintenance site and the costs to have an aircraft out of action for a few weeks. Granted, that some money can be saved by haveing other checks performed on the aircraft at the same time.

purplehelmet
8th Apr 2010, 21:16
unbelivable. someone makes a stupid comment and it gets blown out of all proportion:ugh:jet2 are not in trouble and not on strike,and by all accounts are in line for a very busy summer,they have spent a vast amount of money on advertising on tv etc,buying new aircraft and refurbishing most of the fleet, and hiring new staff,now does that sound like their in trouble?

bluepilot
8th Apr 2010, 21:50
dart group (jet2) share prices up 20% in the last few weeks......says it all really!

purplehelmet
8th Apr 2010, 22:44
getting back to fuel burn. the 757s have been fitted with the new light weight seats which are about 500kg lighter, off set that against the 500kg weight of the winglets and jet2 could get some good results on fuel saving.

GrahamK
10th Apr 2010, 07:57
May be a daft question, but just returned from TFS last night on LSAD, noticed this on the outbound as well (same a/c), but is there a reason for no row 3? I could understand row 13 being missing, but row 3 seems to be an odd one.

New interior looks absolutely smashing, loads of room in the front rows :ok::ok:

HXdave
10th Apr 2010, 09:29
Graham, i think you answered the question in your question. i believe that it's because they offer extra legroom seats in the first couple of rows that one row had to be eliminates. considering the configuration of the back of the aircraft remained the same, it seem sensible to take a row number from the front.

of course, i stand to be corrected...........

GrahamK
10th Apr 2010, 10:24
Hxdave, makes sense I suppose :ok:

WOWBOY
10th Apr 2010, 11:17
Has Jet2 ever looked at serving Glasgow? I Find It strange they have not attempted to serve Glasgow - especially since the collapse of GlobeSpan.

LPFR
10th Apr 2010, 23:35
I've thought the same about Glasgow as Jet2 is kinda the more look a like airline to what Globespan was, plus the chance to offer flights to Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, etc, like they do from other bases. Really don't know why, either because there's no interest or they're talking and considering it but no negociations yet or there are no aircrafts available at the moment to start up a new base now.

Robert1992
11th Apr 2010, 00:06
I'm sure I read somewhere that Jet2 where going to stay away from Glasgow and focus more on Edinburgh. I will try look for the article...

Random Flyer
11th Apr 2010, 01:03
Has Jet2 ever looked at serving Glasgow? I Find It strange they have not attempted to serve Glasgow - especially since the collapse of GlobeSpan.

It is very strange. It might be to do with the huge charter presence in Glasgow along side easyJet and Ryanair who both offer a good mix of holiday and city routes?!

Whatever the reason, IMO Jet2 are missing out on an opportunely to make an absolute mint. You just need to look at the fares Globespan charged from Glasgow and their load factor on their Glasgow routes.

If Jet2 did offer flights from Glasgow it would instantly be the airlines second biggest market in the UK.

However the longer Jet2 stay way from Glasgow the harder it will be for them to enter this market as I believe both easyJet and Ryanair have plans to expand from Glasgow in 2011.

DADDY-OH!
11th Apr 2010, 08:36
Globespan & Jet2 'shared' assets for a couple of years. I believe Globespan wet leased a B737 to Jet2.com for Ops from EDI.

I also believe that while Globespan was alive there was a 'gentleman's agreement' between TD & PM that Jet2.com wouldn't launch or expand existing services from Globespan's established Scottish bases & Globespan wouldn't launch Short haul services from Jet2.com's Northern England stations.

I guess it's open season now on routes ex-Scotland. Egypt, Canada, Orlando, The Canaries , Turkey & Cyprus ALL need servicing now from Scottish cities.

Interesting times ahead....

flybar
11th Apr 2010, 09:46
I guess it's open season now on routes ex-Scotland. Egypt, Canada, Orlando, The Canaries , Turkey & Cyprus ALL need servicing now from Scottish cities.

The fact that nobody appears to be in a great rush to service most of these routes could tell its own story.
Is there really a great demand for some of these services?
Did scots support Globespan because it was Scottish?.

nef
11th Apr 2010, 11:00
They have added a few limited routes/frequencies at EDI since GSMs demise and the article mentioned did say there was "no reason they wouldn't fly from GLA" but they were focussed on EDI for the moment. It then quoted Jet2 management as saying this was because there was more inbound demand to EDI, but this seemed a bit odd imo given that most of their routes from EDI are med/sun routes - I doubt any of them really carry that many inbound pax. Even if they did, I would've thought competing directly with FR would've wiped out any gains.

Irresepctive of this, GLA is still a big market with a large gap in service at the moment. Even though the charter carriers have improved service, people still want scheduled flights to the med/canaries for flexibility and FR are not everyone's cup of tea. There are significant openings in city type routes as well. There is significant demand undoubtedly to the Canaries at the very least, given GSM flew pretty much daily year-round to TFS and had very good loads (fares were not cheap either). Even if for some reason Jet2 are not interested in serving other routes from GLA, I'm surprised they've not at least got a 757 in there operating to TFS.

LPFR
11th Apr 2010, 12:07
Ok, there was an agreement that Jet2 wouldn't launch or expand existing services from Globespan's established bases, but as GSM's not operating anymore that should be over. Glasgow has a big market, and even with Easyjet and charters around there is definetly room for Jet2. If there is for EMA, there is for GLA, even if only one 757 (like EMA) to SSH, TFS, LPA, ALC, AGP, FAO, PMI, PFO... Surely would be sucessful, let's see if anything happens. But of course if they take too long, other airlines will take over sooner or later.. Jet2's EDI base isn't really an alternative as just a few 733 and not that many routes on offer. No Canaries or Egypt whatsoever.

Random Flyer
11th Apr 2010, 13:22

Glasgow already has flights to all the above destinations. When Globespan collapsed they had 14 routes from Glasgow, the had competition on all 14 routes.

The fact that nobody appears to be in a great rush to service most of these routes could tell its own story.
Is there really a great demand for some of these services?
Did scots support Globespan because it was Scottish?.

Are you joking?!

Virgin Atlantic have added extra flights from Glasgow to Orlando and they will add even more flight on this route next year.

Ryanair have based a 6th aircraft at Glasgow Prestwick and a 7th will follow next April.

Thomas Cook are basing 7 aircraft at Glasgow this summer, compared to 5 last summer.

Thomas Cook have also added extra flights from Glasgow to Orlando, Florida.

Thomson Airways have added extra flights from Glasgow to Orlando, Florida.

Air Transat and Thomas Cook have added extra flights from Glasgow to Toronto.

Kiss Flights are launching 14 routes from Glasgow this year.

Barrhead Travel are operating their own charter flights from Glasgow this year.

To top it all off, easyJet will be expanding in the "near future" from Glasgow.

I cant actually believe you are questioning whether there is demand for these flights from Glasgow! Like I said above, Globespan had competition on every route it operated to/from Glasgow and Glasgow still has direct flights to every destination Globespan offered.

Jet2krazey
11th Apr 2010, 17:13
Jet2 never wet leased an aircraft from GSM is was actually GSM that wet leased from Channel Express (Jet2) for ops from EDI and GLA. GSM started the airine with 2x wet leased Channel express 737-300s in April 2003. :8

Fernanjet
12th Apr 2010, 10:14
Thomas Cook are basing 7 aircraft at Glasgow this summer, compared to 5 last summer

I can only see it as 5 or sometimes 6 on the odd day.....

higher in school holiday weeks on certain days but thats about it....

Random Flyer
12th Apr 2010, 15:13
I can only see it as 5 or sometimes 6 on the odd day.....

higher in school holiday weeks on certain days but thats about it....

5 are Thomas Cook's own aircraft, the other two are aircraft from other airline being based for Thomas Cook Holidays.

cherrylock
12th Apr 2010, 18:15
Ive just read on the monarch forum they might be buying 2 aircraft from jet 2 whats happening seems strange.

TSR2
12th Apr 2010, 18:34
No Cherrylock, its only Simonchowder having yet another sideswipe at Jet2.

kevlarcarl
13th Apr 2010, 11:58
Possible reason for getting rid could be the projected cost of the next heavy check rumour has it there going to need some pretty serious very costly structural repairs come the next C check due to the usual ageing aircraft corrosion issues

purplehelmet
13th Apr 2010, 12:43
what makes you think jet2 are thinking of getting rid of any aircraft?

bluepilot
13th Apr 2010, 16:55
Jet2 are expanding and have aquired more aircraft for a busy summer season, there are NO disposals planned, particularly 757s!

purplehelmet
13th Apr 2010, 17:18
exactly bp.
makes no sense to fit new interiors and give them a paint job just to get rid a few months later.especially as you say jet2 are expanding with more new routes and looking at transatlantic flights in the not so far future.

cherrylock
14th Apr 2010, 10:14
Why do the planes require " costly structural repairs" is there something wrong with them? im flying soon with jet 2 and my hubbys a very nervous flyer, hes already started to worry after reading that:\:\:\:\

Chitty
14th Apr 2010, 10:40
there is nothing wrong with jet2 plane i have flow with them many time and the plane have always work fine and it is a very safe aorline to fly with

theloudone
14th Apr 2010, 11:09
Aircraft require costly repairs for various reasons, the more hours or cycles they do, the more in depth checks have to be carried out, Jet2 may operate some older aircraft, but this does not mean that they are in any way unsafe.The engineering systems in place in the UK ensure this.There are some far older aircraft flying around than Jet2`s.Tell your hubby is more than safe.I am sure others will agree.

TSR2
16th Apr 2010, 10:29
A good photograph of the new interior of Jet2 aircraft in the May edition of Airliner World.

Looks very smart.

PrivateInvestor
16th Apr 2010, 14:01
Yes the shares in Jet2 have been very strong in recent weeks. One of the truest signs of good corporate health is directors buying shares with their own money and recently a non executive director at Dart Group (the holding company) bought a big chunk of shares. This was announced to the Stock Market and soon afterwards the shares took off, which is good for me - their biggest fan.
PI

LBIA
17th Apr 2010, 17:09
Jet2 have now cancelled all their flights until Tuesday at the earliest! See their home page for more details including Maps/Graphs.

It looks like some flights might not operate until Wednesday as well.

david1994
17th Apr 2010, 17:12
Jet2 have now Cancelled all their flights until Tuesday at the earliest! See there home page for more details including Maps/Graphs.

Yes true, thanks for your update :ok: I just hope it will be all cleared up by Tuesday 27TH if not then :mad:

flybar
18th Apr 2010, 16:28
All Flights now cancelled until Thursday!!

Road and ferry 'flight' arranged from Barcelona to Leeds tomorrow. Should be an interesting experience.