Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Norse Atlantic

Old 26th Aug 2023, 07:28
  #181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Music to my ears!

This makes more sense as the company has turned profit, I just wanted to put this to the group, thank you for clarifying.

cheekychappy is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2023, 10:52
  #182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 166
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The old Norwegian long haul used to have a base in Rome FCO. Is there any rumours about a possibility of that happening again with Norse?
enzino is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 10:29
  #183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: LAX
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone got the gen for the Norse Assessment at Gatwick by any chance?

Many thanks
Outbacker is offline  
Old 16th Oct 2023, 12:29
  #184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: London
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start Dates

Hi.

Has anyone in the last few months been successful at assessment? If so, how long have you, or did you wait for a start date / contract?

Thanks
Bizjetboy is offline  
Old 3rd Nov 2023, 22:02
  #185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HMP Slade
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know people won't want to hear this. But a new start up with no legacy debt shouldn't need a cash injection to get through the winter.

Harry Grout is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2023, 20:43
  #186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: newbury
Posts: 72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Harry Grout
I know people won't want to hear this. But a new start up with no legacy debt shouldn't need a cash injection to get through the winter.

Source ?
Prob30Tempo TSRA is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2023, 20:53
  #187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: London
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roster seems random but according to a friend of mine 3-4 trips in the summer at least with minimum of 3 days off between..
rboymk1 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2023, 22:09
  #188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HMP Slade
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put "45 Million" and "Norse Atlantic" into your chosen search engine.
Harry Grout is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2023, 12:25
  #189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harry Grout
Put "45 Million" and "Norse Atlantic" into your chosen search engine.
yes but it also goes on to explain that 3rd quarterly results were in profit, share prices of some of the most robust airlines (if there is such a thing) fluctuated massively over the years.

Norwegian as a whole had B787 lithium battery problems, B737 max grounding followed by a pandemic, how do you survive all 3.

They cut the arm of the long haul yet retained the leases, then leased back the same aircraft at 50% of cost.
NAS is backed by the Norwegian govt, as well Norse is not Norwegian yet run by exactly the same people, so backed by the same people, the same people who won’t want another failure for the same business model.

The share price was a reaction and despite being a “new” company (which they aren’t) still has years of background experience on what not to do and how to progress forward slowly slowly.
cheekychappy is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2023, 13:12
  #190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,
do you think is there any chance for a EASA Embraer rated FO to get called for an assessment or they require Boeing experience?

thanks all!
BfrancyFly is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2023, 13:14
  #191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: newbury
Posts: 72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The lithium battery thing never really affected Norwegian 787 deliveries - the cure was a new drain in case the battery kicked off .

It's true NAS had a lot of bad luck but I also feel the covid timing was quite a useable excuse to bin the whole LH thing -It made money on a handful of routes but they were very seasonal as Norse knows as well , I hope they are doing it better and more profitably
Prob30Tempo TSRA is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2023, 13:17
  #192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HMP Slade
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheekychappy
yes but it also goes on to explain that 3rd quarterly results were in profit, share prices of some of the most robust airlines (if there is such a thing) fluctuated massively over the years.

Norwegian as a whole had B787 lithium battery problems, B737 max grounding followed by a pandemic, how do you survive all 3.

They cut the arm of the long haul yet retained the leases, then leased back the same aircraft at 50% of cost.
NAS is backed by the Norwegian govt, as well Norse is not Norwegian yet run by exactly the same people, so backed by the same people, the same people who won’t want another failure for the same business model.

The share price was a reaction and despite being a “new” company (which they aren’t) still has years of background experience on what not to do and how to progress forward slowly slowly.
I don't know of any airline that doesn't make money during the high season. But a pre tax profit of $1.6 million in the 3rd quarter will be wiped out in a few days during the low season. Hence they need a cash injection to continue operation over the coming winter.
Harry Grout is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2023, 22:26
  #193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grrrr
Age: 17
Posts: 670
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for clarity, this is the 7th. time in their 18 months of existence that they have taken cash injections, including "repair emissions".

Norse-gründeren henter penger for syvende gang: – Vi mener det er tilstrekkelig | DN
ReallyAnnoyed is offline  
Old 6th Nov 2023, 15:46
  #194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: newbury
Posts: 72
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReallyAnnoyed
Just for clarity, this is the 7th. time in their 18 months of existence that they have taken cash injections, including "repair emissions".

Norse-gründeren henter penger for syvende gang: – Vi mener det er tilstrekkelig | DN
Is there an English version ?

I hope it works out for them , there's a lot of great former colleagues there
Prob30Tempo TSRA is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2023, 17:13
  #195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FL510
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any info about the interview with nikki? Questions, topics etc.
pdeswe is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2023, 14:03
  #196 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Austria
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any info about how the assessment day looks like anyone?

Would highly appreciate

thanks in advance
chris1311 is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2023, 15:20
  #197 (permalink)  
NMG
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris1311
Any info about how the assessment day looks like anyone?

Would highly appreciate

thanks in advance
I replied earlier in the thread, but this is basically what the assessment day will entail:

the assessment comprised of an interview, a simulator assessment on the B737 and a time sensitive group assessment.

You will also have to do a behavioral assessment online. (usually done before the assessment day if time permits)

NMG is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2023, 12:11
  #198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Austria
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NMG
I replied earlier in the thread, but this is basically what the assessment day will entail:

the assessment comprised of an interview, a simulator assessment on the B737 and a time sensitive group assessment.

You will also have to do a behavioral assessment online. (usually done before the assessment day if time permits)

Thanks

any info on what the interview is about?
chris1311 is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2023, 09:24
  #199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EGGW
Am a Norseman. So, you will probably hear from Norse shortly, recruitment will start imminently for next year. FO's and possibly a sprinkling DECs.

2 AOCs, UK and Norway. Bases LGW,CDG and Oslo.

UK will prob have most expansion, although nothing is firm yet, all leased out aircraft coming back, is the plan. (15 total)

During the ramp up, it has been full on, for most of us. Rosters are tight with the ramp up, and training backlog, although we are guaranteed 11 days off. It is a commuting friendly airline, though rosters do need to improve to facilitate this fully. Trainers are flat out, and not happy, but that is standard at a lot of airlines.

Overtime is paid >70 hrs. and most are doing 85+ at the moment, which should ease off in the winter.

Quite a lot of commands this winter, internally. Which is great.

Typically 3-4 trips per month, but can be 5, depends east or west coast US trips ya get. West coast is 3 crew, and MIA/FLL, as well. We hoping to get MCO to 3 crew as well. But what other companies do, on that route may well dictate what happens. W patterns, are a thing at Norse. You can opt in or out. You go on a trip, back to LGW, hotel, and out next day on another trip. Productive 5-6 days. Some like, some don't.... Standbys, in theory 90 mins from call out. Never been called out yet, it does happen. Next CBA union, hoping to change this. Also reserves, where they have to give you 10 or 20 hours notice of a duty change.

BALPA council, and Norse have a great working relationship, its not all perfect, but to be honest, in all my time, is pretty good, and collaborative. Norway unions, I can't comment on. But seems ok, from what I know. A new CBA is being worked on, and hopefully will be ready by years end. Lots of improvements sought.

Load factors have been great this summer, on routes. Company in profit. As with most new companies, some teething issues, but the motivation is to get things right.

PM me if you have questions.

EGGW.

What is the benefit for W patterns? Is it because you’re more likely to get above 70 hours and so paid more?

or is this a benefit for commuters?

any word on commuting roster? Is this expected to be a decrease in salary for a commuting roster?

in winter months are you still getting above 70 hours or living on basic?

cheekychappy is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2023, 15:27
  #200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ZKPY
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by cheekychappy
What is the benefit for W patterns? Is it because you’re more likely to get above 70 hours and so paid more?

or is this a benefit for commuters?

any word on commuting roster? Is this expected to be a decrease in salary for a commuting roster?

in winter months are you still getting above 70 hours or living on basic?
There are no "commuting rosters".
Most people like W patterns because it's easier to commute that way or because people have no life back home or both.
The roster is during the summer so to say filled with usually two W patters and one forth and back.

Hours in summer 80+
Hours in winter 30-60ish (destinations and hours a bit depending on where you are based and if you've gone fwb somebody in crewplanning)
Yearly total around 700 block

Average at home days during the summer: 12-15*
Average at home days during the winter: 15+*
*(including 11 guaranteed days off and RES10 + overall unplanned days)

Depending on where you are based (OSL,CDG), there are company per diems of 80€ for every day you're not a home.
lansen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.