Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

UK EASA Licence Transfer

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

UK EASA Licence Transfer

Old 7th Feb 2019, 11:09
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by delarue View Post
As far as I can ascertain, Austria is marginally cheaper. See the attached fee schedule.

Available from http://www.austrocontrol.at/en/pilot...nses/licensing
780 for each rating over 20 MTOW, half/third for renewal.
So if you renew your license having 4 or 5 ratings on it, it gets quite expensive Id say.

But overall its not too bad, youre right.
McMax is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 07:11
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Out of a suitcase
Posts: 4
Hi All,

I've just returned from a long time in the Middle East and due to flying on a foreign licence did not transfer my UK EASA ATPL to another state.

I completed am a LPC on the UK licence to get me back up to speed and then late yesterday i was unexpectedly offered a position on a European registered aircraft... I wonder if anyone knows if I can still complete the transfer to an IAA licence.

I believe the company is willing to wait so the delay should not be a massive problem but I wonder if anyone else has started the transfer this late in the game and if so what the CAA have advised.
I intend to speak to them on Monday anyway (although I'm not sure how much info they will be able to provide) but thought I would ask here over the weekend to gather anyone else's experience.

Many thanks in advance
lost_somewhere is online now  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 08:32
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 37
Hi,

As far as I know, you can still transfer, why not? You can do this until Friday 29/3. The problem is that the CAA is overwhelmed with the requests, and it takes longer than usual for them. Hence they will transfer to the IAA. However, not in time as to continue flying in April, but likely a few weeks later. All this in case of no-deal or no interim EASA agreement, talk about a few months of grace period is on the way.
Let as know about what you are told on Monday...

Cheers
fdgolf is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.