PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK EASA Licence Transfer
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 06:41
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
Nope. It seems you should have acted earlier given the British gov't hasn't known what they are up to for a long time... And the thing is, will your license be recognised after 29th March? I haven't really followed the whole thing but in case of a no deal Brexit you are caught with your pants down.

I know of a very experienced expat in Asia that probably will have to re-sit ATPL exams after many years due to this.
i had no idea SOLI was even a thing until now i'm going to apply for my frozen ATPL the LT CAA have said i cannot until i do a SOLI transfer. My initial was done in the UK in 2017, my 2018 and 2019 renewals were under the Lithuanian CAA.

i don't have any flying license yet to be recognised/unrecognised (only LT CAA skill test pass forms), the desired transfer only concerns my medical records. I have proposed to do away with all my UK attachments in this regard and just redo the initial from scratch but the LT CAA seem to say it doesn't work that way.

Hopefully if the uk leave EASA the uk initial becomes meaningless to Lithuania and they will then allow me to redo an initial in Lithuania and it can all be solved in 2 days that way.

Last edited by Officer Kite; 17th Mar 2019 at 14:31.