Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Norwegian Long Haul Roster

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Norwegian Long Haul Roster

Reply

Old 6th Mar 2018, 12:37
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
Age: 39
Posts: 83
How much money can they afford to burn before investors are getting worried? They really increased the burning of money now with a load factor down by 2.0% and a RASK down by 6%:

NewsWeb
Jumbo2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2018, 13:16
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Limbo
Posts: 49
DNB market analysts came out today saying they expect an EBITDA of minus 223 mill for 2018, and a plus of 1,2 billion for 2019.
directmisbi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2018, 13:37
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: EU
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by directmisbi View Post
DNB market analysts came out today saying they expect an EBITDA of minus 223 mill for 2018, and a plus of 1,2 billion for 2019.
Source? Maybe a link?
iome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2018, 05:27
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 159
You have said they are on a type rating, and have a contract so what exactly are they in the dark about?[/QUOTE]

About FLL and whether it is viable as a base and will become fully operational!
Luggage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2018, 08:51
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sussex
Posts: 144
Im not sure what you term or deem fully operational? It has been a cabin crew base for about 2/3 years, and now also a pilot base for I guess about a year. Your friend applied to be a pilot based in FLL. In terms of aircraft, you could say none are based, but your friend will start/finish his duty in FLL on one of the 14 or so weekly departures/arrivals.
Gulf Julliet Papa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2018, 22:02
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 159
FLL

Why are no aircraft based in FLL? My understanding is this was suppossed to happen but has not.
Luggage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2018, 09:09
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: The rock
Posts: 204
Norwegian keeps normally 787 around 2h on the ground during the turn...
matt283 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2018, 09:17
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sussex
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Why are no aircraft based in FLL? My understanding is this was suppossed to happen but has not.
I *think* it was only ever announced as a crew base? I'd suspect if you had an aircraft "Based" there it would lead to poor utilisation, FLL > Europe is a fairly short sector compared to most.
Gulf Julliet Papa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2018, 17:39
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by Gulf Julliet Papa View Post
I *think* it was only ever announced as a crew base? I'd suspect if you had an aircraft "Based" there it would lead to poor utilisation, FLL > Europe is a fairly short sector compared to most.
Im not so sure about that. I am fairly certain they were suppossed to base aircraft there. They were also to allow FAA pilots to fly the aircraft whilst studying for the EASA which has also failed to materialise.

Like I said the pilots I know who are training are being kept in the dark about certain aspects of this job. It seems that NAS themselves are not too confident on this whole FLL situation working out.

The pilots I know are training and asking questions whilst being given very vague answers. OSM does not seem to be reliable as a contract agency at all either.

For this to work they will need to base aircraft in the US along with maintenance or it just becomes to expensive and non reliable. Just like the 2017 season of constantly having to hire aircraft from operators like Wamos Air (Spanish) and others.
Luggage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2018, 18:25
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ZKPY
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Im not so sure about that. I am fairly certain they were suppossed to base aircraft there. They were also to allow FAA pilots to fly the aircraft whilst studying for the EASA which has also failed to materialise.

Like I said the pilots I know who are training are being kept in the dark about certain aspects of this job. It seems that NAS themselves are not too confident on this whole FLL situation working out.

The pilots I know are training and asking questions whilst being given very vague answers. OSM does not seem to be reliable as a contract agency at all either.

For this to work they will need to base aircraft in the US along with maintenance or it just becomes to expensive and non reliable. Just like the 2017 season of constantly having to hire aircraft from operators like Wamos Air (Spanish) and others.

US pilots based in FLL all operate under an EASA validation and have two years to convert their FAA license to an equivalent EASA license.
FLL is a crew base. It's well known.

Sorry to say, but either you are a lier/troll or your friends are complete retards.
lansen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2018, 22:37
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 159
FLL

Originally Posted by lansen View Post
US pilots based in FLL all operate under an EASA validation and have two years to convert their FAA license to an equivalent EASA license.
FLL is a crew base. It's well known.

Sorry to say, but either you are a lier/troll or your friends are complete retards.
I think you better look in the mirror when it comes to retards. There is no more 2 year validation...FACT....

They are all doing EASA licences first then they start the job. The IAA never allowed the validation.

I would think you want to know this before posting more rubbish!!

Dont believe me, make some enquiries..
Luggage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2018, 00:08
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sussex
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
For this to work they will need to base aircraft in the US along with maintenance or it just becomes to expensive and non reliable. Just like the 2017 season of constantly having to hire aircraft from operators like Wamos Air (Spanish) and others.
It seems that the “certain aspects of the job” that your friends have been “kept in the dark” with are driven by rumour, assumptions and guestimations by people that have nothing to do with norwegian nor have any intention of joining and just out to stir. Your friends have access to an internal website, and TREs etc which would provide a lot of answers if they were really that concerned or bothered.

Why does a CREW base require an aircraft and maintenance base to work? I’m really confused by this? As far as the pilot is concerned, his duty starts and finishes at FLL, I’m not sure how the rest matter?
Gulf Julliet Papa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2018, 16:57
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Centre of Universe
Posts: 67
As far as the pilot is concerned, his duty starts and finishes at FLL, I’m not sure how the rest matter?
What's the crack with commuting at DY or daren't I ask...

Last edited by GKOC41; 12th Mar 2018 at 16:58. Reason: spell check
GKOC41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2018, 17:03
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,481
Originally Posted by GKOC41 View Post
What's the crack with commuting at DY or daren't I ask...
Commute for free on S2 tickets on any fleet. S2 is higher priority than ID90's and will get you on crew seats avail also ie jump seats.
TangoAlphad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2018, 13:48
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki
Age: 44
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Gulf Julliet Papa View Post
It seems that the “certain aspects of the job” that your friends have been “kept in the dark” with are driven by rumour, assumptions and guestimations by people that have nothing to do with norwegian nor have any intention of joining and just out to stir. Your friends have access to an internal website, and TREs etc which would provide a lot of answers if they were really that concerned or bothered.

Why does a CREW base require an aircraft and maintenance base to work? I’m really confused by this? As far as the pilot is concerned, his duty starts and finishes at FLL, I’m not sure how the rest matter?
Well this is U.S. "definition" of base. Planes, crew room, maintanace, crewtrackers etc. Very complex and expensive."Base" means seniority issues and rules.It's how it works in U.S.
European side works bit differently, "base" might be only crew, some times even part of crew, sometimes temporarily, sometimes mixed. Very flexible, especially in low cost segment.Sometimes operated by contractor crews. My understanding for Norwegian's FLL Is more "reverse schedullung"operations network wide with only one significant difference:joblisted at U.S registered branch of OSM. And this part is most problematic for Norwegian so far regarding unions..and reason why it's not really works well. I guess if they will finish soon this experiment, U.S. pilots can get residency in Ireland and continue work for Irish OSM. Maybe I'm wrong....
TUIFly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2018, 17:03
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Centre of Universe
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad View Post
Commute for free on S2 tickets on any fleet. S2 is higher priority than ID90's and will get you on crew seats avail also ie jump seats.
Tango
Sorry i should have been more specific. Commuting as in prior to FDP or not?
GKOC41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2018, 19:20
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sussex
Posts: 144
I don't think any airline will advocate commuting prior to a FDP. If or not it's "possible" obviously depends on where your from / going to. Might be worth (to get a rough idea) looking at at the flight status on their site to see when the LH Departures and Arrivals come in
Gulf Julliet Papa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2018, 06:23
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta
Age: 51
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by Gulf Julliet Papa View Post
I don't think any airline will advocate commuting prior to a FDP. If or not it's "possible" obviously depends on where your from / going to. Might be worth (to get a rough idea) looking at at the flight status on their site to see when the LH Departures and Arrivals come in
I assume you are only talking about EU, here in the LotF,HotB half the pilots commute, the majority before FDP. My Company requires me to have two options getting me there before check in. If I miss the first one, I call scheduling, they can buy me a ticket or just wait. If I don’t get on I get removed from the trip, lose the pay, but never disciplinary action.
hans brinker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2018, 13:07
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,481
Originally Posted by GKOC41 View Post
Tango
Sorry i should have been more specific. Commuting as in prior to FDP or not?
On SH to operate out of say another base I've only been positioned on confirmed seats the day prior even if the FDP would have allowed it to be in one day.
TangoAlphad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2018, 19:00
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 159
Upgrades

What are the requirements to upgrade for an FO and how long does it currently take on average from day of joining?

I know they have relief captains but do you have to become a RCA before CA or if you have the hours and requirements can you become a full captain from FO and skip RCA?
Luggage is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service