Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > South Asia and the Far East
Reload this Page >

CEBU PACIFIC SKYPE INTERVIEW

South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

CEBU PACIFIC SKYPE INTERVIEW

Old 15th Aug 2016, 22:43
  #121 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Aus
Age: 39
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Crow View Post
"HR Team"........Now that is funny. Obviously you are not familiar with CP.
That is correct black crow, I am not Familiar, that is why I asked the question !!! ....
ground to air is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2016, 02:06
  #122 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go read through this thread and others here about Cebu Pacific.

You are wasting your time with them.
Black Crow is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2016, 08:26
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: not for sure in my bed sleeping!
Age: 34
Posts: 373
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Crow View Post
Go read through this thread and others here about Cebu Pacific.

You are wasting your time with them.

Ti depends really on timing....as per now money are good rooster kind of a messy [email protected]@p but you get the chance to build up time without having to pay a load of money to some schools to get a minum experience!

Of course there is better outside but is better here rather than being jobless!
dondino is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2016, 13:52
  #124 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dondino View Post
Ti depends really on timing....as per now money are good rooster kind of a messy [email protected]@p but you get the chance to build up time without having to pay a load of money to some schools to get a minum experience!

Of course there is better outside but is better here rather than being jobless!
That's a foolish assessment. The pay is substandard at best and you will have to come up with a lot of money to pay for all of the "fees" that CP will not cover (which is everything). Then a new pilot can spend up to 6 months on the "training allowance" which is next to nothing.

As for the "experience" you think you are getting, better rethink that one. Training is below substandard and working conditions for expats is horrible, plus you are building time in an airline and country not favorable to other countries when seeking another job. Do you really want that black mark on your resume?
Black Crow is offline  
Old 24th Aug 2016, 06:16
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: not for sure in my bed sleeping!
Age: 34
Posts: 373
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess your a bit outdated...training allowance had change in better salary now is a way batter than before...and yes at the moment i can live more than good...and of course I will not tell you my figures here in public....honestly?at the moment quite a few left for other realities from Hong kong to the middle east...and to Some major in US...so stop Being silly please...as I said is not the best places in the world...but is a good starting point better than being jobless or having to pay a fortune to buy 500 Hours in a crappy place.
Oh my info are update at august 2016 ️How about yours?
dondino is offline  
Old 24th Aug 2016, 11:51
  #126 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 891
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe your info is current but I can barely understand half of what you wrote !
pfvspnf is offline  
Old 24th Aug 2016, 12:32
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dondino View Post
Guess your a bit outdated...training allowance had change in better salary now is a way batter than before...and yes at the moment i can live more than good...and of course I will not tell you my figures here in public....honestly?at the moment quite a few left for other realities from Hong kong to the middle east...and to Some major in US...so stop Being silly please...as I said is not the best places in the world...but is a good starting point better than being jobless or having to pay a fortune to buy 500 Hours in a crappy place.
Oh my info are update at august 2016 ️How about yours?
The same old "I can't tell you here in public"...... And why is that? Let me tel you.

The reason is there is no set pay scales at CP, these numbers are kept secret by HR because it depends upon who they are paying. Some make more, a lot make less. All major airlines in the world publish their pay scales for pilots, but not CP because it is not evenly distributed and management reserves the right to alter it when they feel like it.

And don't even mention the crappy accounting system. One will be lucky to actually get the money due each month as skimming is just part of doing business there. But the locals will not complain as they are happy just to have a job.

As far as the ONE pilot at CP that went to a US major (jetBlue)? He was an American born and raised Filipino that had a US ATP and considerable experience before joining CP, and he left CP to go back to the US.

My information is current as of right now, how about yours?
Black Crow is offline  
Old 25th Aug 2016, 17:32
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 225
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has the local CAA stopped issuing licenses to expats?
turbine100 is offline  
Old 26th Aug 2016, 10:01
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: not for sure in my bed sleeping!
Age: 34
Posts: 373
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are wrong...filo with US licence but joined CP as low hour went to Delta...

I will not tell in public because I dont like to express in public my earnings...

I agree ️that in the past it was like ️that but after having lost too many pilots things had changed....training allowances were 20k php per month now they rise it at 65k php net a month..

Im not defending the company, as I said there is much better outside but as per now is a better option rather having to spend 80k usd in 500 Hours line training.


My one are accurate as because at the moment i fly their birds...

So if you want keep telling outdated info is up to you but your figures at the moment are not accurate.

Yes caap blocked in issuing licence to foreigners...but i guess shortly things will change.

If you want the figures just text me will be happy to tell you what are the New figures given by a New contract ️️that im sure you know the company offered last june.
dondino is offline  
Old 26th Aug 2016, 11:37
  #130 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dondino View Post
You are wrong...filo with US licence but joined CP as low hour went to Delta...

I will not tell in public because I dont like to express in public my earnings...

I agree ️that in the past it was like ️that but after having lost too many pilots things had changed....training allowances were 20k php per month now they rise it at 65k php net a month..

Im not defending the company, as I said there is much better outside but as per now is a better option rather having to spend 80k usd in 500 Hours line training.


My one are accurate as because at the moment i fly their birds...

So if you want keep telling outdated info is up to you but your figures at the moment are not accurate.

Yes caap blocked in issuing licence to foreigners...but i guess shortly things will change.

If you want the figures just text me will be happy to tell you what are the New figures given by a New contract ️️that im sure you know the company offered last june.
The "contracts" at CP are worthless as they are different for each person. And I'm aware of the last contract offer, it was a joke, but the locals lapped it up.

You won't reveal pay numbers at CP because they are sub par for the industry and an embarrassment. And as I stated before it depends upon who it is for because HR pays different rates, no standardization.

And your Filipino that You claim went to delta (US) went to jetBlue as I know him well.

Get your information correct.
Black Crow is offline  
Old 26th Aug 2016, 14:59
  #131 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more point about CP: Getting a final pay.

There have been several local pilots that full filled their contract and gave the required 90 notice (that's right, you must give 90 days notice to resign) only to fly those three months out, with the most abusive schedules one can imagine and not get paid for any of it.

Then you have some expats that resigned to have their final pay withheld. One is owed over P500,000 and another has brought a lawsuit against CP for withholding pay.

There are so many "gotchas" incorporated by HR and management it's like navigating a mine field.

Bottom line, when it comes to pay, CP will screw the pilot one way, or another.
Black Crow is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2017, 02:25
  #132 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YSSY
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys any update on the kind of questions they ask for ATR 72 interview? How long will the interview be?

Also The Sim check ...could someone throw some light on whats involved ? And Lastly the compass test.. does anyone know which system do they follow and which website would be the best to practice on? I need the info urgently please
PPSS is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2017, 10:35
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, any latest & greatest on Cebu Pacific? QOL!!
Any info on the Skype interviews with HR & CP?! t kind of HR & Tech Questions!
Appreciate any and all info!!
Capt.Tentacles is offline  
Old 5th Jun 2017, 14:13
  #134 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt.Tentacles View Post
Hi all, any latest & greatest on Cebu Pacific? QOL!!
Any info on the Skype interviews with HR & CP?! t kind of HR & Tech Questions!
Appreciate any and all info!!
Use the search function and read.
Black Crow is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2017, 11:08
  #135 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 58
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Crow View Post
Use the search function and read.
I did and came up with nothing latest or most recent.....

Hence, my query!
Capt.Tentacles is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2017, 20:03
  #136 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt.Tentacles View Post
I did and came up with nothing latest or most recent.....

Hence, my query!
Because there has been no changes. Sure, the promises made before hiring have changed, but the reality of what actually takes place hasn't.

Like I said before, if you must go there, take lots of money with you and be prepared to purchase a ticket (on another airline) out of there quickly.
Black Crow is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.