Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

The J vs K Thread. Pacifists keep out.

Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

The J vs K Thread. Pacifists keep out.

Old 6th Sep 2006, 17:32
  #241 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Age: 46
Posts: 14
and that makes the j [email protected] because..........?

That could have happened to anyone, have we now dissolved into a 'who messed up more' slanging match? Or can we go back to type bashing instead?
safe single is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2006, 18:14
  #242 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South of england
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by ratty1 View Post
Ok. So why have you tried to associate low flying with this incident? You are not Aircrew and do not have eyes with radar altimeters in them, capable of telling the height of an aircraft. Why dont you go back to being a soldier and leave the flying to the professionals.
I WASNT TRYING TO! I was merely commenting on the fact that ref OPSEC, im sure other things went on, apart from low flying, people get touchy about mentioning like planes taxying into bits of building!
But i dont have to be Aircrew to say whether a aircraft is low or high, as a matter of fact the Belgian Army sentry post, adjacent to the BFI, which was 20ft high complained to the German Airport CO, that 2 of their antenna were knocked down by the draft produced from the aircraft. So in my eyes, thats fecking low!
I, by the way, didnt complain being the site commander, thought it was quite good actually!!
So your comment about being a soldier....i never said any different and i do leave the flying to professionals...Bell-end!
petop is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2006, 18:50
  #243 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: uk
Posts: 25
Always on leave in wiltshire, did you look at stars?? You've gone very quiet on the subject. I think it is you that owes sctizo an apology, just my thoughts.

No doubt you'll have an informed reply as usual.
boyassassin is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2006, 20:00
  #244 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: wilts
Posts: 116
"Both the Ks, however, managed to soldier on nicely"

I'm under the strong impression that the Chinook is lifting far more than the 'k' is in Afgan and that the 'k' decided to clip a sand dune on a departure from a strip as it could not get airborne due to performance issues....

As for reliabilty, how many 'k' frames are actually working and doing a job? I'm not talking about flying around Wilts either(no need to post the answer to this,but the answer is obvious)

I standby to be corrected.
truckiebloke is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2006, 20:22
  #245 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 737
=truckiebloke;2829480 ...and that the 'k' decided to clip a sand dune on a departure from a strip as it could not get airborne due to performance issues....

I standby to be corrected.
Yep, you're talking bollocks.

You can stand down now.
SirPeterHardingsLovechild is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2006, 22:44
  #246 (permalink)  
mbga9pgf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by SirPeterHardingsLovechild View Post
Yep, you're talking bollocks.

You can stand down now.
As I understood it, the K is strugging to get airbourne from Lyneham these days... apparently the 0.8% runway gradient off 06 is providing a bit of an obstacle!!!!
 
Old 7th Sep 2006, 02:30
  #247 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,360
Boy,

Been night flying, TAC course so with my head being on fire I forgot to look.

One thing I do know is that 24 ALM's are not guilty as charged but I will endevour to check the others tomorrow, prior to getting veah veah drunk at 24's beer call. If your there look me up and I will get the beers in

As regards an apology for the scabby one...........he either smells of wee or tows a caravan so it aint gonna happen

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced
Always_broken_in_wilts is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2006, 08:40
  #248 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: location location
Posts: 20
Hey, I ain't gonna hold my breath! Don't suppose the 'ALWAYS AT HOME AND NEVER ON DET WHEN THERE'S A BEER CALL ON' will ever change his spots. Know who he is, everybody does, know his sort, they'll always be the same. The young lads are working their tits off on the J and there's a number of free loaders taking the pi$$ out of their good nature. More power to you guys. I sincerely hope the burden you carry slackens soon. You guys deserve a break. I sincerely mean that. Could ABIW fall into the mould of the former? I wonder. If the cap fits........................................................ ............
scitzo legman is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2006, 09:56
  #249 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,360
Dear oh dear scabies,

Not having a seat anymore is really making you bitter and twisted you silly little man

If you really know who I am, and many on here do, please feel free to come over to 24 and introduce yourself. I will show you the stats for 2006 and the projections for 2007 and you can then wander off to eat your humble pie as you contemplate the foolishness of your last post. But we both know that aint gonna happen

Pour yourself a cup of "Man Up" and stop whining like a big girls blouse

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced
Always_broken_in_wilts is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2006, 13:41
  #250 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: wilts
Posts: 116
ABIW

I know exactly who you are and what you have done in your career!You are known as one of the best loadies , and someone I've always come to for advice.Once again, Scitzo is talking p1ss... which evidentaly he smells of too...

Scitzo is obviously a very uninformed and useless individual who cant see the facts that are staring him in the face about the k, along with others....
truckiebloke is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2006, 18:36
  #251 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: States sometimes
Posts: 96
I guess that 'truckiebloke' is ABIWs other handle!!

GM
Good Mickey is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2006, 20:58
  #252 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 2,334
Lyneham sounds like a real 'fun' place to be at the moment!

Still, look on the bright side. It will be closing in a few years and you all go off to enjoy the delights of Brize!



Oh yes.........

J reliability - I have been let down by J's more than four times during my recent visits to the Gulf over the last couple of years, and I only spend about 40% of my life there!! Haven't had the chance to be let down by K's, so couldn't comment on whether it would have been better or worse!!
Biggus is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2006, 21:45
  #253 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lyneham
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by TheInquisitor View Post
Not so. Only my personal experience here, but on my most recent desert sojourn, one of the J's was laid up for several days with prop issues, undercarriage issues, and other mishaps. The other one lost sorties to anti-skid problems due to the harsh conditions of going in and out of Bastion strip.
Both the Ks, however, managed to soldier on nicely - one with a badly crazed window, no GTC and a myriad of other faults, and the other with some significant airframe damage that had been temporarily repaired. They built them tougher in them days, you see. The Js 'superior reliability' is the real myth - just 'cos it's newer and fancier, doesn't mean it works better. I'm sure alot of that is due to the fact we are flying the arses off them, but the fact remains that the K can carry alot more snags and keep going - which is just as well, given that they're falling apart!
I was talking about basrah - want me to point it out on a map for you
theboywide is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2006, 18:21
  #254 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,360
Assasin,

Looked high and low on pilots and alm plots for both sqns for the last year and I could'nt see any ref to SF at all, a couple of mentions of T2 but that was about it, so not too sure what the scabby one is on about

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced
Always_broken_in_wilts is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2006, 19:28
  #255 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Age: 35
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Always_broken_in_wilts View Post
Boy,

Been night flying, TAC course so with my head being on fire I forgot to look.

One thing I do know is that 24 ALM's are not guilty as charged but I will endevour to check the others tomorrow, prior to getting veah veah drunk at 24's beer call. If your there look me up and I will get the beers in

As regards an apology for the scabby one...........he either smells of wee or tows a caravan so it aint gonna happen

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced
Very good beercall it was too.
Khayes is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2006, 19:49
  #256 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: uk
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by Always_broken_in_wilts View Post
Assasin,
Looked high and low on pilots and alm plots for both sqns for the last year and I could'nt see any ref to SF at all, a couple of mentions of T2 but that was about it, so not too sure what the scabby one is on about
all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced
ABIW

Haven't had a look for a while but in recent times the pilots were down as SF. Glad to see it has been removed. Line drawn under that one. Hope it was a good beer call.

Boyassassin
boyassassin is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2006, 19:51
  #257 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: location location
Posts: 20
abiw

Like I said. I could be wrong.I wonder if you would be so obnoxious if we were face to face.
scitzo legman is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2006, 22:53
  #258 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: .
Age: 53
Posts: 23
Having read through this whole crock of s*%t, it's nice to see the winged master race at each others throats !!

The pi55ing contest about who lifts what and when is irrelevant. Facts are, the 'J' props are shite. In service they may be great.....put the a/c into maint and ...guess what.... 'change the props, they're f%^&ed because of the sand'.

Ferrari electrics and trick props on a 40 odd year(designed) old frame...do me a favour get the A400M! Only then will the 'my c&*ks bigger than yours' thing stop

'bout time the grow bags grew up !!!
whitworth is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2006, 00:25
  #259 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,360
Scabies,

I told you a couple of posts back the invite is there chap, pop over to 24 any time you like and say hello, if as you say you know me finding me will be no problem for you As regards being obnoxious and the face to face threat.........nah I just enjoy the good natured banter!

Boy,

I was fairly confident it would'nt be the ALM fraterntiy at fault and I have heard rumours about the odd pilot being mis quoted but could find no evidence on stars, but as you say line drawn.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Last edited by Always_broken_in_wilts; 10th Sep 2006 at 00:39.
Always_broken_in_wilts is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2006, 00:29
  #260 (permalink)  

Short Blunt Shock
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 631
So touchy, these J types. As the little green fella himself would say:



"When 40 years old YOU reach, look as good you will not, hmmm?"

16B
16 blades is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.