Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

WizzAir Abu Dhabi.

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

WizzAir Abu Dhabi.

Old 18th Jul 2023, 20:52
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 903
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not try to get faster interview by changing base , wizz air people very smart , you will fail psychological test
pfvspnf is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2023, 15:27
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Cairo
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Guys,

any updates for the new pay scale scheme by Wizz Air Abu Dhabi for F.O and Captains.
BasemElnady is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2023, 08:27
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k.swiss
Do they still require pilots to sign the papers as "mechanic" in this outfit?
Elaborate the BS you posted please.
enzino is online now  
Old 6th Sep 2023, 14:06
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Limbo
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by enzino
Elaborate the BS you posted please.
don't waist your time and energy asking, he won't answer he is swiss
and from Winterthur
LimaVictor is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2023, 08:15
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Oman
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A3X0
apparently 30000 aed per kid
Is it for both Capt and FO?
Foxtangox is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2023, 18:11
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Cairo
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxtangox
Is it for both Capt and FO?
Negative for captains only and limited for 3 children. Apparently to wizzair First officers canít have Children.
BasemElnady is offline  
Old 9th Sep 2023, 07:07
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only Captains get the education allowance.

There is an exodus of FOs and SFOs.

There has been a salary increase for SFOs to dangle a carrot and get them to stay for a fast upgrade (No fast upgrade. There are too many factors involved)

Bloated Stomach is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 10:54
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Oman
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bloated Stomach
Only Captains get the education allowance.

There is an exodus of FOs and SFOs.

There has been a salary increase for SFOs to dangle a carrot and get them to stay for a fast upgrade (No fast upgrade. There are too many factors involved)
Thanks Bloated stomach,

if recruited will wizzair allow you to self sponsor for the type rating.
I read one pdf presentation from a recruiter there is such an option but don't know if this true at the moment.
Anyone has info on this
Foxtangox is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 17:06
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day everyone,

I attended the recent ICAO Open day event by WIZZ Air Abu Dhabi. Also I was in contact directly and indirectly with a few WIZZ AIR abudhabi pilots to understand whether they are happy and get more information on operational matters, including scheduling. I compiled everything, including the pay scale in a 2 page PDF, which I have attached here(Hope it actually attached).

I may not be visiting this thread often, so excuse me if I don't reply to any questions. Although everything I know I have put in this file, I can possibly only clarify what I had written.

The only confusing part are the requirements, especially for low time pilots. I believe(Although not sure ) it's only the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi base that requires 300 IFR time for FO if applying with EASA/UK CAA or UAE GCAA license. and if applying with any other ICAO license, they require 500 Multi-crew time.

All the best!

Note: For low time pilots, Fly Dubai or Wizz Air are equally good as a start, although Fly Dubai requires a greater initial investment $33-39k(Assessment+Typerating+ATPL theory). So only recommend if you Really want to be in Dubai and specifically work for Fly Dubai and fly the 737. Otherwise for those with higher time, but no jet experience, Wizz air Abu Dhabi offer better pay and benefits.
Attached Files
souabnim is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2023, 07:13
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: manila
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by souabnim
Good day everyone,

I attended the recent ICAO Open day event by WIZZ Air Abu Dhabi. Also I was in contact directly and indirectly with a few WIZZ AIR abudhabi pilots to understand whether they are happy and get more information on operational matters, including scheduling. I compiled everything, including the pay scale in a 2 page PDF, which I have attached here(Hope it actually attached).

I may not be visiting this thread often, so excuse me if I don't reply to any questions. Although everything I know I have put in this file, I can possibly only clarify what I had written.

The only confusing part are the requirements, especially for low time pilots. I believe(Although not sure ) it's only the Wizz Air Abu Dhabi base that requires 300 IFR time for FO if applying with EASA/UK CAA or UAE GCAA license. and if applying with any other ICAO license, they require 500 Multi-crew time.

All the best!

Note: For low time pilots, Fly Dubai or Wizz Air are equally good as a start, although Fly Dubai requires a greater initial investment $33-39k(Assessment+Typerating+ATPL theory). So only recommend if you Really want to be in Dubai and specifically work for Fly Dubai and fly the 737. Otherwise for those with higher time, but no jet experience, Wizz air Abu Dhabi offer better pay and benefits.
Thank you for sharing this info. so based on this SFO get paid only 10000 basic + 5200 training pay only during the training period ? or only 5200 . any info on this ?
coolhawk is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2023, 07:29
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coolhawk
Thank you for sharing this info. so based on this SFO get paid only 10000 basic + 5200 training pay only during the training period ? or only 5200 . any info on this ?

youíre welcome!

in their slideshow, they mentioned that during training you will be paid Basic only, but their ď TrainingĒ Basic is lower than their ďOperationalĒ Basic, Operational being after completing Line check which is likely after 60 sectors, maybe two months.

so for the first month, which would be the type rating. Accommodation and transportation are provided as well as a Basic pay of 5,200 AED a month for SFO, at least thatís my understanding. Also flight arrangements provided to the training location, which might be in Budapest Hungary or maybe in the UAE.

attached is the slide depicting basic pay(yearly) during training and after line check.

I couldnít get my questions answered clearly on the training process/period. But based on little info. I think itís :

1-2 months : Type rating
1-1.5 months : online company training, SOPs?!
2 months : Line training

there might be another 1-2 months in between for licensing issuance but I am not sure.


Last edited by souabnim; 24th Sep 2023 at 07:45.
souabnim is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2023, 19:07
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 597
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So no yearly increment? Any school allowance?
Airmann is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2023, 01:22
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the Captain only!

3 kids, 30K AED a year each

Increment per every 1000 PIC hours flown with WIZZ air, 800 AED increase in salary per month.
souabnim is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2023, 11:39
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Cairo
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by souabnim
youíre welcome!

in their slideshow, they mentioned that during training you will be paid Basic only, but their ď TrainingĒ Basic is lower than their ďOperationalĒ Basic, Operational being after completing Line check which is likely after 60 sectors, maybe two months.

so for the first month, which would be the type rating. Accommodation and transportation are provided as well as a Basic pay of 5,200 AED a month for SFO, at least thatís my understanding. Also flight arrangements provided to the training location, which might be in Budapest Hungary or maybe in the UAE.

attached is the slide depicting basic pay(yearly) during training and after line check.

I couldnít get my questions answered clearly on the training process/period. But based on little info. I think itís :

1-2 months : Type rating
1-1.5 months : online company training, SOPs?!
2 months : Line training

there might be another 1-2 months in between for licensing issuance but I am not sure.
Thanks for your efforts to summarize the data about Wizzair. From my understanding that they pay you the 5200 AED ( 1400USD ) plus accommodation only during Training. From looking online about living cost in Abu Dhabi. It is gonna be so freaken hard to live on that amount 6-8 months. They should make the training pay for captains and FO same as it is only to make a living not to live fancy. Wizzair should consider this in my opinion to attract SFO.
BasemElnady is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 11:54
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: United Arab Emirates
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BasemElnady
Thanks for your efforts to summarize the data about Wizzair. From my understanding that they pay you the 5200 AED ( 1400USD ) plus accommodation only during Training. From looking online about living cost in Abu Dhabi. It is gonna be so freaken hard to live on that amount 6-8 months. They should make the training pay for captains and FO same as it is only to make a living not to live fancy. Wizzair should consider this in my opinion to attract SFO.

Youíre welcome!

indeed that amount is not a lot, but consider that FlyDubai doesnít provide any pay at all during type rating training and company training before joining the company, which is about 4 months in total at least, except that when you start flying they do provide 12k a month till the line check is complete.

Before considering WIZZ Air. I would personally want to have at least $10k saved up to assist with living costs in the UAE, $20k would be even better. Consider also that Fly Dubai requires a significant initial investment to join them, about $39k.

but while you are trying to run some numbers. Consider renting a studio in Al reef downtown, thatís about 2,500 AED a month. 500 for utilities, 500 for internet and mobile phone bill. Rest is enough for groceries only. So nothing left for your own transportation or other expenses.
souabnim is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 12:46
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Cairo
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by souabnim
Youíre welcome!

indeed that amount is not a lot, but consider that FlyDubai doesnít provide any pay at all during type rating training and company training before joining the company, which is about 4 months in total at least, except that when you start flying they do provide 12k a month till the line check is complete.

Before considering WIZZ Air. I would personally want to have at least $10k saved up to assist with living costs in the UAE, $20k would be even better. Consider also that Fly Dubai requires a significant initial investment to join them, about $39k.

but while you are trying to run some numbers. Consider renting a studio in Al reef downtown, thatís about 2,500 AED a month. 500 for utilities, 500 for internet and mobile phone bill. Rest is enough for groceries only. So nothing left for your own transportation or other expenses.
Hello again,

i agree with you that might be a good deal for low hour pilots with no type rating nor jet time. But for someone who is flying alright for an airline it is gonna be really hard to leave for that offer.
BasemElnady is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 17:21
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: manila
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think yesterday and today wizzair conduct assessment for abudhabi base. ( 27 and 28 sept ) .
any info on this ?
coolhawk is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 06:50
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Aus
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well my mate just got the "you have not been selected" and he has almost 8000hrs total time, large turboprops captain, but no jet time. Hasn't flown in a while but all licence current and valid with yearly instrument renewal done.

go figure what they want... it's clearly turning into another Ryan Air or Easy Jet
magenta magnet is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 12:39
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: nowhere
Posts: 547
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by souabnim
Youíre welcome!

indeed that amount is not a lot, but consider that FlyDubai doesnít provide any pay at all during type rating training and company training before joining the company, which is about 4 months in total at least, except that when you start flying they do provide 12k a month till the line check is complete.

Before considering WIZZ Air. I would personally want to have at least $10k saved up to assist with living costs in the UAE, $20k would be even better. Consider also that Fly Dubai requires a significant initial investment to join them, about $39k.

but while you are trying to run some numbers. Consider renting a studio in Al reef downtown, thatís about 2,500 AED a month. 500 for utilities, 500 for internet and mobile phone bill. Rest is enough for groceries only. So nothing left for your own transportation or other expenses.
where did you hear about flydubay???
I joined as DEC non type rated and from day 1 I was fully paid, that means basic plus house allowance plus medical and all the other benefits.
same was for FOs.
WizzAir is a real scam but that is only my personal opinion.
30.000 school allowance covers barely 50/60 % of the total cost for one year.
I might understand if you donít have a job and need to get back in recency but for any other case WizzAir offer is a real offense!!!!
flareflyer is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 15:17
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Oman
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flareflyer
where did you hear about flydubay???
I joined as DEC non type rated and from day 1 I was fully paid, that means basic plus house allowance plus medical and all the other benefits.
same was for FOs.
WizzAir is a real scam but that is only my personal opinion.
30.000 school allowance covers barely 50/60 % of the total cost for one year.
I might understand if you donít have a job and need to get back in recency but for any other case WizzAir offer is a real offense!!!!
I think @soubnim is referring to ab-initio pilots level

Foxtangox is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.