PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WizzAir Abu Dhabi.
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2023, 10:54
souabnim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BasemElnady
Thanks for your efforts to summarize the data about Wizzair. From my understanding that they pay you the 5200 AED ( 1400USD ) plus accommodation only during Training. From looking online about living cost in Abu Dhabi. It is gonna be so freaken hard to live on that amount 6-8 months. They should make the training pay for captains and FO same as it is only to make a living not to live fancy. Wizzair should consider this in my opinion to attract SFO.

You’re welcome!

indeed that amount is not a lot, but consider that FlyDubai doesn’t provide any pay at all during type rating training and company training before joining the company, which is about 4 months in total at least, except that when you start flying they do provide 12k a month till the line check is complete.

Before considering WIZZ Air. I would personally want to have at least $10k saved up to assist with living costs in the UAE, $20k would be even better. Consider also that Fly Dubai requires a significant initial investment to join them, about $39k.

but while you are trying to run some numbers. Consider renting a studio in Al reef downtown, that’s about 2,500 AED a month. 500 for utilities, 500 for internet and mobile phone bill. Rest is enough for groceries only. So nothing left for your own transportation or other expenses.