Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Direct entry command.

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Direct entry command.

Old 30th Apr 2022, 15:34
  #41 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hong Kong, SAR.
Posts: 269
Sorry, you’re right; proceed..
Oasis is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2022, 21:19
  #42 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: AUS
Posts: 32
Honestly, the sooner you two sh*g each other the better for everyone on Fragrant Harbour!
ToCatLady is offline  
Old 1st May 2022, 04:38
  #43 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: HK
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by ToCatLady View Post
Honestly, the sooner you two sh*g each other the better for everyone on Fragrant Harbour!
Hear hear! It is good fun to read though
cxflog is offline  
Old 5th May 2022, 00:23
  #44 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: 43N
Posts: 145
Pandemic made me aware of a few things. I don't really need the dosh and month on month (or three) off is the best possible schedule. I'd commute just about anywhere or return to flying turboprop hub turns permanently like 27 years ago to continue same schedule
Koan is offline  
Old 8th May 2022, 11:49
  #45 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Aust
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong View Post
Piet, cool down, I come in peace. We are all in the same boat.

QR is ( unfortunately) no better alternative to CX.

Can you commute to Europe at QR?
If you are not interested in QR why don't you STFU.? Get a hobby FCOL.
deja vu is offline  
Old 9th May 2022, 02:36
  #46 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Does QR operate a normal amount of flights? Y
Does QR operate at a profit? Y
Will QR be here in 12 months? Y

You can't answer Yes to any of those about CX.

QR isn't a bad move. Staying in HK on 'HOPE' is the absurd.
HKG_Refugee is offline  
Old 9th May 2022, 03:43
  #47 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by HKG_Refugee View Post
Does QR operate a normal amount of flights? Y
Does QR operate at a profit? Y
Will QR be here in 12 months? Y

You can't answer Yes to any of those about CX.

QR isn't a bad move. Staying in HK on 'HOPE' is the absurd.

CX flights are increasing weekly
CX did generate a profit in the last half of 2021
CX will of course be around in 12 months.
Fac6 is online now  
Old 9th May 2022, 04:11
  #48 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5
So POSITIVE fac. When does your life return to “normal”? No longer under the yoke of CX/HK gov senseless rules. You operate like a professional and the company treats you as such - not like a coolie willing to do anything for a bowl of soup. Oh, maybe convinced it’s all well and good.
Papa123 is offline  
Old 9th May 2022, 04:43
  #49 (permalink)  
Rie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Wan Chai
Posts: 315
Originally Posted by HKG_Refugee View Post
Does QR operate at a profit? Y
Is Qatar profitable? No... and it never will be. What do you expect from a place that is propped up by the government. They lose massive amounts every year like the rest of the GCC.

Is it a nightmare? Yes... Just ask any of the CX guys that have left and regret it. The place is horrible for all workers, barely a single sensible person has a good word to say about the company
Rie is online now  
Old 9th May 2022, 11:00
  #50 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by Papa123 View Post
So POSITIVE fac. When does your life return to “normal”? No longer under the yoke of CX/HK gov senseless rules. You operate like a professional and the company treats you as such - not like a coolie willing to do anything for a bowl of soup. Oh, maybe convinced it’s all well and good.
I left CX back in Dec 2021. Have you?
Fac6 is online now  
Old 9th May 2022, 19:46
  #51 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
Is Qatar profitable? No... and it never will be. What do you expect from a place that is propped up by the government. They lose massive amounts every year like the rest of the GCC.

Is it a nightmare? Yes... Just ask any of the CX guys that have left and regret it. The place is horrible for all workers, barely a single sensible person has a good word to say about the company
arrrghhh, I am kicking myself for even trying to reason with you Pro-CX/HK types. The parties long over and the smart money (me) left.
Now time to leave here, there are better things to do in life.
HKG_Refugee is offline  
Old 9th May 2022, 23:33
  #52 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: HKG
Age: 52
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Fac6 View Post
I left CX back in Dec 2021. Have you?
I don't think you really left if your still on here.... Time to let go.
RAT Management is offline  
Old 10th May 2022, 02:01
  #53 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by RAT Management View Post
I don't think you really left if your still on here.... Time to let go.
I had it good in HK for 18 years then took my PF and started a new job in January where we have an actual CoS, I have no regrets. If you hate it over there so much then leave, or are you just relying on us who have left hoping that if enough go you will then see an improvement of conditions? Ya'll need to wake up as that will never happen.
Fac6 is online now  
Old 10th May 2022, 02:38
  #54 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Afganistan
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by Fac6 View Post
CX flights are increasing weekly
CX did generate a profit in the last half of 2021
CX will of course be around in 12 months.
Keep your clothes on Flac, and don’t get too excited!

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ravellers-hong



Cury Lamb is offline  
Old 10th May 2022, 03:12
  #55 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 155
*Chuckle* I'll try
Fac6 is online now  
Old 10th May 2022, 03:42
  #56 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: On a few nerves apparently
Posts: 14
In comparing QR AND CX I think some very important facts are being missed.

Do QR or EK etc. make or ever made a real profit?
Who cares? Do they pay you well enough reliably to put your eggs in that basket? Does it make any difference to you as an employee where the money you get comes from, whether from profits or government subsidies? Nope. It doesn't make a jack sh!t difference. In fact IF it's not profit based, it's more stable than otherwise.

Does QR management actively obsess with how they can save money by pulling it out of pilots' pockets maliciously? For example, last year CX management decided to cancel providing pilots with the rental deposit (which is 2 months rent) so if you signed a new rental lease you wouldn't get that assistance and now not having known about this new policy since they intentionally didn't announced it anywhere, you had to pay it yourself having already signed a new lease AND canceled your old one meaning you're forced to give back that previously paid deposit and pay the two months deposit out of pocket. It was decided to quietly implement this WITHOUT any announcement as to catch as many pilots in that predicament as possible to maximize recouping as much of that outstanding cash as possible very obviously to the detrement of cx pilots getting caught off-gaurd by this. I know a person present in a meeting when this strategy was discussed and decided. This is just one example. There are others. Does QR do that? I don't know. Do they?

And consider the management at cx in another aspect. Compare the CEO of QR who has famously said the airline that pays well will never have a shortage of pilots. An amazingly competent and realistic thing to say as a manager. Now compare that to the waste of oxygen cx has for a CEO and always chooses one after the other of the same, more or less. Who would you rather work for? Which has a better expectation of success in this business or any for that matter? Jellyfish, the GMAs one after the other, combination of waste of oxygen and vindictive malicious individuals.

We all know first hand what a toxic cancerous place CX is. We've all had our buckets of sh!t filled and overflowed by cx for many years. Giving another option a chance especially we'd be starting with an empty bucket of sh!t is a better bet than staying where we all know is only getting worse by the day. It doesn't matter how good cx does in any aspect. The employees will never get to share in any of that success. They've made that extremely clear to everyone. They will thank you for your sacrifice and nothing more than the bottom minimum possible.

I've been working for airlines for the past 32+ years. More than a few of them. I've never seen a more toxic and cancerous place of employment and I've never seen a more vicious, vindictive, malicious and on top of it all incompetent management anywhere. Almost all of us came here as mercenaries. It was always a toxic shithole of a place to work. It's just that it paid well with good benefits so we came and stayed. Now the salary is less than 1/2 of that and benefits are 1/3 of that, there's nothing left to make it worth it to stay. Nothing left other than the cancer and toxicity.

If you have any delusions of cx somehow proving to be anything but a cancer on your career and life whether they somehow manage to survive despite doing all the wrong things, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. You'd be much better off taking a change on something new.

For those having excised this cancer from their life and career, the price to put it back better be an extremely high amount, to consider going back as direct entry captain etc.

What is your price?

Don't answer that.

Last edited by VforVENDETTA; 10th May 2022 at 06:20.
VforVENDETTA is offline  
Old 10th May 2022, 04:35
  #57 (permalink)  
Rie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Wan Chai
Posts: 315
Originally Posted by HKG_Refugee View Post
arrrghhh, I am kicking myself for even trying to reason with you Pro-CX/HK types. The parties long over and the smart money (me) left.
Now time to leave here, there are better things to do in life.
I'm not pro CX-HK at all. The company has paid me for years but I have no more loyalty to them. Clearly you are flawed in all of your arguments about the company. Trying to compare one company in a petro-state against a Chinese Dictatorship majority airline in HK is senseless. Grass isn't always greener
Rie is online now  
Old 10th May 2022, 14:29
  #58 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ask Crew Control
Age: 45
Posts: 247
Rie "Grass isn't always greener"



It is,

The Cav
Cavallier is offline  
Old 10th May 2022, 16:19
  #59 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 47
But to be fair: there is no (real) grass in the middle east.
Piet Lood is offline  
Old 11th May 2022, 02:16
  #60 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by VforVENDETTA View Post
In comparing QR AND CX I think some very important facts are being missed.

Do QR or EK etc. make or ever made a real profit?
Who cares? Do they pay you well enough reliably to put your eggs in that basket? Does it make any difference to you as an employee where the money you get comes from, whether from profits or government subsidies? Nope. It doesn't make a jack sh!t difference. In fact IF it's not profit based, it's more stable than otherwise.

Does QR management actively obsess with how they can save money by pulling it out of pilots' pockets maliciously? For example, last year CX management decided to cancel providing pilots with the rental deposit (which is 2 months rent) so if you signed a new rental lease you wouldn't get that assistance and now not having known about this new policy since they intentionally didn't announced it anywhere, you had to pay it yourself having already signed a new lease AND canceled your old one meaning you're forced to give back that previously paid deposit and pay the two months deposit out of pocket. It was decided to quietly implement this WITHOUT any announcement as to catch as many pilots in that predicament as possible to maximize recouping as much of that outstanding cash as possible very obviously to the detrement of cx pilots getting caught off-gaurd by this. I know a person present in a meeting when this strategy was discussed and decided. This is just one example. There are others. Does QR do that? I don't know. Do they?

And consider the management at cx in another aspect. Compare the CEO of QR who has famously said the airline that pays well will never have a shortage of pilots. An amazingly competent and realistic thing to say as a manager. Now compare that to the waste of oxygen cx has for a CEO and always chooses one after the other of the same, more or less. Who would you rather work for? Which has a better expectation of success in this business or any for that matter? Jellyfish, the GMAs one after the other, combination of waste of oxygen and vindictive malicious individuals.

We all know first hand what a toxic cancerous place CX is. We've all had our buckets of sh!t filled and overflowed by cx for many years. Giving another option a chance especially we'd be starting with an empty bucket of sh!t is a better bet than staying where we all know is only getting worse by the day. It doesn't matter how good cx does in any aspect. The employees will never get to share in any of that success. They've made that extremely clear to everyone. They will thank you for your sacrifice and nothing more than the bottom minimum possible.

I've been working for airlines for the past 32+ years. More than a few of them. I've never seen a more toxic and cancerous place of employment and I've never seen a more vicious, vindictive, malicious and on top of it all incompetent management anywhere. Almost all of us came here as mercenaries. It was always a toxic shithole of a place to work. It's just that it paid well with good benefits so we came and stayed. Now the salary is less than 1/2 of that and benefits are 1/3 of that, there's nothing left to make it worth it to stay. Nothing left other than the cancer and toxicity.

If you have any delusions of cx somehow proving to be anything but a cancer on your career and life whether they somehow manage to survive despite doing all the wrong things, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. You'd be much better off taking a change on something new.

For those having excised this cancer from their life and career, the price to put it back better be an extremely high amount, to consider going back as direct entry captain etc.

What is your price?

Don't answer that.
Well said V So, are you still in CX or have you left?
Fac6 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.