The Caribbean and Latin America Aviation has been around South America and the Caribbean since the early days. A forum for aviators from that part of the world.

COPA Airlines interviews

Old 17th May 2017, 00:14
  #661 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States of America
Posts: 10
Ok, so upon successful completion of those tests, comes the job offer and that can be two months later?
Also, what did you guys use to prepare for the screening process- COMPASS and general knowledge tests?
JetSyndrome30 is offline  
Old 17th May 2017, 15:21
  #662 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: FL370
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by JetSyndrome30 View Post
Ok, so upon successful completion of those tests, comes the job offer and that can be two months later?
Also, what did you guys use to prepare for the screening process- COMPASS and general knowledge tests?
The job offer comes and depending on how well they coordinate your paperwork, they may give you as early as 7-10 days before you have to leave for PTY. Sometimes more...

For the Compass Test, the most useful one I think is the one available from latestpilotjobs.com

For the general knowledge test, they seem to have their own question bank but I'd recommend you use ASA ATPL Prepware.
GcitoG is offline  
Old 17th May 2017, 15:26
  #663 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: United States of America
Posts: 10
Thank you very much!
JetSyndrome30 is offline  
Old 24th May 2017, 15:39
  #664 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4
Has anyone been invited to the process without been flying for more than 12 months? It's been 3 years for me.
Fernando Brasil is offline  
Old 25th May 2017, 03:36
  #665 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Doha, Qatar
Age: 50
Posts: 426
Most airlines accept FAA English Proficient as a 4.... you will be required to do an English test within 3 years? From date received certificate.
casablanca is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2017, 01:30
  #666 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Panama City
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Fernando Brasil View Post
Has anyone been invited to the process without been flying for more than 12 months? It's been 3 years for me.
As you have no flights in the last 24 months, I think they expect you to perform a flight review.
pedromurtha is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2017, 01:32
  #667 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Panama City
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by casablanca View Post
Most airlines accept FAA English Proficient as a 4.... you will be required to do an English test within 3 years? From date received certificate.
Copa is hiring expats with Level 5 as minimum.
pedromurtha is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2017, 17:35
  #668 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 6
They seem quite desperate, called me 2 times and send me 6 email since 3 weeks...
hi777 is offline  
Old 7th Jul 2017, 22:17
  #669 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nicaragua
Age: 42
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by hi777 View Post
They seem quite desperate, called me 2 times and send me 6 email since 3 weeks...
you can always reply to the email and Say No. worked for me
chitolin is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2017, 18:37
  #670 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 2
Trying to get invited

Hey guys, maybe someone could help me. I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to apply for copa as an first officer, but I just received one email with the application and sent it back. I'm already waiting 3 weeks, but still no confirmation of receiption of my documents nor any other feedback.

I have around 1500 hours on the 737 NG and speak as well basic spanisch.

Any ideas?
EzimEz is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2017, 15:48
  #671 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brasil
Age: 35
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by EzimEz View Post
Hey guys, maybe someone could help me. I would appreciate it.

I'm trying to apply for copa as an first officer, but I just received one email with the application and sent it back. I'm already waiting 3 weeks, but still no confirmation of receiption of my documents nor any other feedback.

I have around 1500 hours on the 737 NG and speak as well basic spanisch.

Any ideas?
Do you have icao 5 or 6? If yes try again
Full IFR is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2017, 21:09
  #672 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 13
Hi, can anyone give me a hand on how to pass the poly test? I'm going to Panama for interviews, test, etc next week! Thanks.
etiquetanegra is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2017, 23:57
  #673 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Poa
Posts: 2
Do they are now accepting ICAO 4 as minimum requirement?
Schumacherl is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2017, 00:19
  #674 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BR
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by etiquetanegra View Post
Hi, can anyone give me a hand on how to pass the poly test? I'm going to Panama for interviews, test, etc next week! Thanks.

There's no way to help you on the polygraph.

They're going to ask you several questions about your life and you must answer them honestly.

All answers are yes or no.
Lepo is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2017, 18:19
  #675 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Lepo View Post
There's no way to help you on the polygraph.

They're going to ask you several questions about your life and you must answer them honestly.

All answers are yes or no.
Ok, got it!

My concern is because I read that 90% fails on the poly test and only 10% on the rest of the tests. Do you know any of those questions and what should I expect?

And also, any advice on how to succeed on this process will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
etiquetanegra is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2017, 18:32
  #676 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BR
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by etiquetanegra View Post
Ok, got it!

My concern is because I read that 90% fails on the poly test and only 10% on the rest of the tests. Do you know any of those questions and what should I expect?

And also, any advice on how to succeed on this process will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Don't know if those figures are correct, but I seriously doubt it. If people fail a lot it's because they lie a lot.

Questions about the polygraph are related to drugs, alcohol, problems with the police/justice, if your flight experience is real, if you lied during the interview and etc. It's uncomfortable because they place a bunch of electrodes on your body and you sit on an armchair faced to the wall while answering the questions, so you feel I little bit like a criminal, but the questions are really no big deal and all yes or no answers.

For the rest of the process, I'd highly recommend you buying the preparation package at latestpilotjobs.com and study through it.
Lepo is offline  
Old 29th Jul 2017, 21:59
  #677 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Poa
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Lepo View Post
Don't know if those figures are correct, but I seriously doubt it. If people fail a lot it's because they lie a lot.

Questions about the polygraph are related to drugs, alcohol, problems with the police/justice, if your flight experience is real, if you lied during the interview and etc. It's uncomfortable because they place a bunch of electrodes on your body and you sit on an armchair faced to the wall while answering the questions, so you feel I little bit like a criminal, but the questions are really no big deal and all yes or no answers.

For the rest of the process, I'd highly recommend you buying the preparation package at latestpilotjobs.com and study through it.

Do you know if they are now accepting ICAO 4 as minimum?
Schumacherl is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2017, 00:03
  #678 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Lepo View Post
Don't know if those figures are correct, but I seriously doubt it. If people fail a lot it's because they lie a lot.

Questions about the polygraph are related to drugs, alcohol, problems with the police/justice, if your flight experience is real, if you lied during the interview and etc. It's uncomfortable because they place a bunch of electrodes on your body and you sit on an armchair faced to the wall while answering the questions, so you feel I little bit like a criminal, but the questions are really no big deal and all yes or no answers.

For the rest of the process, I'd highly recommend you buying the preparation package at latestpilotjobs.com and study through it.
Yeah, me neither, it's something that I read, rumors... but worried me a lot!

I really need the job so, going through an unknown process that I never did before it's what worries me the most.

Thanks for the info regarding the questions! That calms me down and also the prep at latestpilotjobs, I just bought it!

Well, thanks my friend! Keep it up.
etiquetanegra is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2017, 17:19
  #679 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BR
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by Schumacherl View Post
Do you know if they are now accepting ICAO 4 as minimum?
For expats minimum is ICAO 5.
Lepo is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2017, 13:41
  #680 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by etiquetanegra View Post
Yeah, me neither, it's something that I read, rumors... but worried me a lot!

I really need the job so, going through an unknown process that I never did before it's what worries me the most.

Thanks for the info regarding the questions! That calms me down and also the prep at latestpilotjobs, I just bought it!

Well, thanks my friend! Keep it up.

Are you in Panamá or going to this week? If yes, tell us how many guys are with you during the process? Where they came from and I will send you a whatsapp group that is a list of guys that have done it recently.

Last edited by Rrf88; 1st Aug 2017 at 16:35. Reason: Wrong words
Rrf88 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.