Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 27th Aug 2018, 11:21
  #901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rach94


Yay congrats!!! Iím still waiting for MEL base! Hopefully itís coming not long after your email Goodluck!
Thank you, so nice to finally get an email!! I reckon that youíll definitely get an email soon because if weíre successful weíd probably be in the same ground school! Fingers crossed 😊
TinyTee224 is offline  
Old 28th Aug 2018, 02:00
  #902 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TinyTee224


Thats amazing that you got an email asking to do the next stage basically straight away, congratulations 😄 donít worry about the comprehension test, Iím sure youíll do awesome. How many people were at your AD? And what sort of questions do they ask in the individual interview? Iím just trying to prepare for my AD on Friday 😬
Thank you! I completed the online test about midnight last night and this morning got the email about reference checks. We had 14 people at our AD. There is plenty of time to chat to each other and everyone is really supportive, it's great! They ask behavioural type questions and you need to have examples. At the end those that had been interviewed chatted outside and it seems we were all asked different questions. Prepare usual examples like "difficult customers", "going above and beyond", "why you think you'd be a good cabin crew member". They are really lovely, so take your time and try to give clear examples. I was very nervous but they would know how much everyone really wants it and would understand. Good luck!! 😘
1dayiwillflyaway is offline  
Old 28th Aug 2018, 02:24
  #903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1dayiwillflyaway
Thank you! I completed the online test about midnight last night and this morning got the email about reference checks. We had 14 people at our AD. There is plenty of time to chat to each other and everyone is really supportive, it's great! They ask behavioural type questions and you need to have examples. At the end those that had been interviewed chatted outside and it seems we were all asked different questions. Prepare usual examples like "difficult customers", "going above and beyond", "why you think you'd be a good cabin crew member". They are really lovely, so take your time and try to give clear examples. I was very nervous but they would know how much everyone really wants it and would understand. Good luck!! 😘
How was the online test? Ahhh thatís amazing, youíre getting responses back so quickly, you go girl 😄 Iíve booked in for the morning session because the afternoon one is booked out already and Iím flying down the Thursday afternoon and staying a night. Hopefully it goes well 🤞🏼 Thank you for telling me about the AD, I appreciate it! Iíve already got those kind of behavioural questions prepared and some others so Iíll just read them over so I have examples in my head. Eep, Iíll be nervous for sure but everyone says theyíre all lovely so itíll be great! 😊
TinyTee224 is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2018, 02:07
  #904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mel recruitment day

Is anyone coming to the recruitment day in MEL next week?

Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2018, 01:02
  #905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone! So I completed my AD on Friday for ADL and it went really well (I hope!). The two recruiters were lovely and made us all feel super comfortable and all the other people there were also awesome! So now Iíve just gotta wait to hear if I get through to the next round or not 🤞🏼 I really hope I do! The waiting is making me super nervous so Iím trying not to think about it to much haha. Has anyone else heard about an AD for the other bases?! Iím happy to answer questions 😊
TinyTee224 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 05:22
  #906 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TinyTee224
Hey everyone! So I completed my AD on Friday for ADL and it went really well (I hope!). The two recruiters were lovely and made us all feel super comfortable and all the other people there were also awesome! So now Iíve just gotta wait to hear if I get through to the next round or not 🤞🏼 I really hope I do! The waiting is making me super nervous so Iím trying not to think about it to much haha. Has anyone else heard about an AD for the other bases?! Iím happy to answer questions 😊
hello! How long did the AD take? What type of questions did they ask? Iíve got mine on Wednesday
Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 06:00
  #907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84
Is anyone coming to the recruitment day in MEL next week?

Did you apply for MEL base?
rach94 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 13:35
  #908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84

hello! How long did the AD take? What type of questions did they ask? Iíve got mine on Wednesday
Hi! Good luck with it, everyone is super nice 😊 it basically takes as long as the time you booked for, so mine was 8.30-12.30 and I was one of the last to do the 1v1 interview at like 12.30! The 1v1 take about 2hrs to get through. So they asked me to go through my work history, talk about my current role, why the career change and why virgin over another airline. Then they asked me two behavioural questions, so one was about a time Iíve dealt with a difficult customer and then a time I went above and beyond for a customer, so make sure you have two specific examples prepared 😄 and then they just went through a general thing about if you have tattoos etc. The recruiters are lovely so I wasnít super nervous at all!
TinyTee224 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 17:28
  #909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rach94


Did you apply for MEL base?
hello 😃 yes I did. Are u attending the AD too?
Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 17:29
  #910 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TinyTee224


Hi! Good luck with it, everyone is super nice 😊 it basically takes as long as the time you booked for, so mine was 8.30-12.30 and I was one of the last to do the 1v1 interview at like 12.30! The 1v1 take about 2hrs to get through. So they asked me to go through my work history, talk about my current role, why the career change and why virgin over another airline. Then they asked me two behavioural questions, so one was about a time Iíve dealt with a difficult customer and then a time I went above and beyond for a customer, so make sure you have two specific examples prepared 😄 and then they just went through a general thing about if you have tattoos etc. The recruiters are lovely so I wasnít super nervous at all!
thanks so much for all the tips. Hope you get some good news soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 21:44
  #911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84

hello 😃 yes I did. Are u attending the AD too?
im still waiting to hear anything! Iíve got all my fingers crossed haha good luck
rach94 is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2018, 00:21
  #912 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rach94


im still waiting to hear anything! Iíve got all my fingers crossed haha good luck
thank you! I wasnít expecting to hear back so soon as it was expression of interest. They only emailed last Wednesday so they prob doing a few interviews. They didnít give much notice for the interview. Iíll let you know how the interview was so u can be ready for when u get the email 😃 have u gone for an airline interview before? Iíve worked for a few so if you need any tips let me know 👍🏻
Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2018, 01:01
  #913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84

thank you! I wasnít expecting to hear back so soon as it was expression of interest. They only emailed last Wednesday so they prob doing a few interviews. They didnít give much notice for the interview. Iíll let you know how the interview was so u can be ready for when u get the email 😃 have u gone for an airline interview before? Iíve worked for a few so if you need any tips let me know 👍🏻
yeah thatís what Iím putting it down too aswell. Yes please do let me know how you go, how exciting! Iím sure Iíll be at your stage anytime soon now
no I havenít! Yes all the tips would be great, Ive researched quite a bit so I think I know what to expect along with everyone elseís experiences posted on here
rach94 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2018, 04:41
  #914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84

thank you! I wasnít expecting to hear back so soon as it was expression of interest. They only emailed last Wednesday so they prob doing a few interviews. They didnít give much notice for the interview. Iíll let you know how the interview was so u can be ready for when u get the email 😃 have u gone for an airline interview before? Iíve worked for a few so if you need any tips let me know 👍🏻
I got an email yay! But not with a date, they said they donít have any at this stage but they will email when there is one
rach94 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2018, 08:07
  #915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rach94


I got an email yay! But not with a date, they said they donít have any at this stage but they will email when there is one
Thatís great news! Congratulations. Im sure you wonít be waiting long.
Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2018, 08:13
  #916 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84


Thatís great news! Congratulations. Im sure you wonít be waiting long.
whens your AD? Goodluck👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
rach94 is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2018, 01:58
  #917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rach94


whens your AD? Goodluck👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
it was yesterday. It must of went well cause Iíve already got the email to do the comprehensive test. I wonít get time to do it today so will get it done tomorro. Hope itís not to hard 😬
Upupandaway84 is offline  
Old 6th Sep 2018, 02:26
  #918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Upupandaway84

it was yesterday. It must of went well cause Iíve already got the email to do the comprehensive test. I wonít get time to do it today so will get it done tomorro. Hope itís not to hard 😬
Oh wow smashed it 🤗 must be a pro haha. Iím sure youíll do great, interview is always the hard part!
rach94 is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2018, 09:06
  #919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Assessment Day Perth Sept 2018 - just been contacted by email offering me 20 or 21 for first interview. This is 12 months after applying and I can't make either date as just taken 6 weeks work in Malaysia and leave on the 17th September!
Louise Kelly is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2018, 01:20
  #920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool AD Sydney

Hi guys & girls! Today I have my assessment day in Sydney at 1pm! Anyone from here will be there? I'm sooooo excited and ready to shine. Thanks to this discussion I feel more confident
itsness is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.