PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Cabin Crew Wannabes (https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes-130/)
-   -   Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL (https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/583227-virgin-australia-akl-chc-per-adl.html)

manymiles 20th Aug 2016 09:34

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL
 
Starting this forum for those who have applied for VIRGIN AUSTRALIA Cabin Crew - Auckland, Christchurch, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
Interested in all experiences from job application, throughout the recruitment process, to job offer, to ground school start.

KAAATE 22nd Aug 2016 07:32

Hi! I'm currently at reference check stage for VA MEL base. I received the email notifying me that they would be checking my references almost 2 weeks ago but they still haven't been contacted. Can anyone shed some light on how long I can expect it to be before references are contacted? :)

highabove 22nd Aug 2016 11:20

Hi all! Does anyone know why they have now advertised again for Adelaide cabin crew, would it be because there was not enough interest from the previous ad? Also any idea how long the whole process usually takes from application to start date, I've heard 3-6 month? Thanks :)

flywme 25th Aug 2016 01:49

Hi Team, I attended an Auckland recruitment day last week and I'm waiting to hear back. Anyone else in the same boat?

manymiles 27th Aug 2016 04:57

Hi everyone,
I have applied for Adelaide base, and attending the AD in Adelaide next Wed (31st Aug). 1pm session.

manymiles 27th Aug 2016 05:02


Originally Posted by highabove (Post 9481826)
Hi all! Does anyone know why they have now advertised again for Adelaide cabin crew, would it be because there was not enough interest from the previous ad? Also any idea how long the whole process usually takes from application to start date, I've heard 3-6 month? Thanks :)

Hi 'highabove'.
Not sure why Adelaide base was advertised again, could be they had too few applicants, could be they had lots and wanting to progress recruitment for this base quickly...anyone's guess!
Today they have also released roles for Sydney Base...so perhaps cranking things up a bit??
Have you applied for any of the VA base roles?In

highabove 27th Aug 2016 07:34

Hi manymiles, I have sent you a pm. Thanks!

manymiles 27th Aug 2016 08:02


Originally Posted by KAAATE (Post 9481651)
Hi! I'm currently at reference check stage for VA MEL base. I received the email notifying me that they would be checking my references almost 2 weeks ago but they still haven't been contacted. Can anyone shed some light on how long I can expect it to be before references are contacted? :)

Hi 'KAAATE', that is awesome! Congratulations! Not sure how long, guessing they have many applicants to get through? Was the process for reference checking done by phone or email type submission direct to your refereees?

KAAATE 28th Aug 2016 01:45


Originally Posted by manymiles (Post 9487327)
Hi 'KAAATE', that is awesome! Congratulations! Not sure how long, guessing they have many applicants to get through? Was the process for reference checking done by phone or email type submission direct to your refereees?

I received an email saying my references would be contacted by email 3 weeks ago, but none of them have received anything yet! :(

manymiles 1st Sep 2016 05:20

:)Hi All,
Quick update from me - I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide for Virgin Australia ADELAIDE Base yesterday (31st August). Will keep you updated on my progress - successful or unsuccessful.
Anyone from the previous Recruitment Days for AKL, CHC, PER, ADL - or SYD, MEL, BNE hear anything further following their current status?
Keen to hear where everyone is currently at. :)

KAAATE 3rd Sep 2016 02:10


Originally Posted by manymiles (Post 9492969)
:)Hi All,
Quick update from me - I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide for Virgin Australia ADELAIDE Base yesterday (31st August). Will keep you updated on my progress - successful or unsuccessful.
Anyone from the previous Recruitment Days for AKL, CHC, PER, ADL - or SYD, MEL, BNE hear anything further following their current status?
Keen to hear where everyone is currently at. :)

I've been waiting a month now for them to contact my references for MEL base. I attended a recruitment day on the 26th of July.

manymiles 4th Sep 2016 09:54


Originally Posted by KAAATE (Post 9495180)
I've been waiting a month now for them to contact my references for MEL base. I attended a recruitment day on the 26th of July.

Wow KAAATE - that's quite some time. Perhaps they are holding until they get more candidates??
Oh well - it's an interesting waiting game!
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your progress.

flywme 4th Sep 2016 23:51

Hi everyone, I attended an Akl recruitment day. Got the email for the online test just over a week later. I got an email the following day advising my reference checks would be completed. The online reference checks were sent out the following week. One of my referees has been away hasn't been able to complete the check. Will keep you all posted.

flywme 4th Sep 2016 23:52

KAAATE - did you log back into the careers page and make sure your referee details were updated to include their email addresses?

KAAATE 5th Sep 2016 03:25


Originally Posted by manymiles (Post 9496413)
Wow KAAATE - that's quite some time. Perhaps they are holding until they get more candidates??
Oh well - it's an interesting waiting game!
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your progress.

Yep! I just wish they would hurry up! I'm up to security checks for Qantas international, which I applied for just before VA started advertising positions. I would prefer VA over QF but will have to take which ever offers first as I don't want to risk not getting either :(

manymiles 6th Sep 2016 01:42

KAATE, Perhaps you should give them a call, or email them to follow up? Given there are so many applicants, there is likely to be the occasional error or mishap in processing or admin. They may have missed something by accident for your referencing checking process.

KAAATE 6th Sep 2016 05:20


Originally Posted by flywme (Post 9497106)
KAAATE - did you log back into the careers page and make sure your referee details were updated to include their email addresses?

Yep! Reference details are all updated :(

KAAATE 6th Sep 2016 05:20


Originally Posted by manymiles (Post 9498149)
KAATE, Perhaps you should give them a call, or email them to follow up? Given there are so many applicants, there is likely to be the occasional error or mishap in processing or admin. They may have missed something by accident for your referencing checking process.

Yeah maybe I'll try and email them just in case.

manymiles 6th Sep 2016 09:48

UPDATE:
Successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment for VA ADL Base - 'Online Testing'.
Have just completed the Online Testing tonight (Tues 6th September).

KAAATE 6th Sep 2016 11:37

Congrats manymiles!

I think I jinxed myself today! (In a good way) references were emailed today! Finally!!! :D
4 weeks since I was notified of references being contacted so if anyone else is thinking they have forgotten them don't stress! Easier said then done I know


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:50.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.