Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 2nd May 2017, 20:24
  #461 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, still waiting to hear back after reference checks (around three weeks now). How long can the wait be?
HGnz is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 02:39
  #462 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HGnz
Hey everyone, still waiting to hear back after reference checks (around three weeks now). How long can the wait be?
Hi yes I'm still waiting.. when I've looked back through this thread there are plenty of others who have waited months!! But I guess unless we received an email saying "thanks but no thanks" anything can happen. All the best with your process hope you hear something soon.
TP68 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:23
  #463 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mel
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HGnz
Hey everyone, still waiting to hear back after reference checks (around three weeks now). How long can the wait be?
Hi there
Mine was about a month after but some people have been 3.
Just hang in there 😀
Mooky1 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 04:42
  #464 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mel
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjag31
Hi all,

New here to the whole VA cabin crew applicant process, have read this thread over and over to try and figure out what to expect.

I applied on the 30th April for Adelaide base (which was the closing date) and was invited to complete the elevator pitch with 72 hours. I completed this on the 2nd of may and submitted it, but I did not get any confirmation of this submission, just a message saying 'thank you for sending your video' on the actual website page. Does this mean something went wrong or they didn't actually receive it?

Also, I went back on the careers site this morning and found out they have relisted the cabin crew job opportunity for Adelaide base with another 10 day window for more applicants, does this mean they're desperate for Adelaide crew, or applicants from the first job opening weren't good enough. I haven't had any emails apart from the one to invite me to the elevator pitch and I have my fingers crossed for a AD.
I received an email a day later from flipbase (the people who did the video recording) to say it was sent to Virgin. I didn't hear anything for Virgin untill a month later inviting me to a AD.
Mooky1 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 10:10
  #465 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooky1
I received an email a day later from flipbase (the people who did the video recording) to say it was sent to Virgin. I didn't hear anything for Virgin untill a month later inviting me to a AD.
It's been over 24 hours since submitting my elevator pitch and still no email, has anybody else had this or know if there's anything i need to do to make sure it was received?
kjag31 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:43
  #466 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADL

Hello! I had my interview for Adelaide in August 2016 and am still waiting in the talent pool ... Next up is a medical but I haven't been asked to do that yet. Is anyone else in this position, or has anyone progressed to ground school from that interview? This process has been very slow for me... I applied in march 2015!
francescamaria is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 14:41
  #467 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by francescamaria
Hello! I had my interview for Adelaide in August 2016 and am still waiting in the talent pool ... Next up is a medical but I haven't been asked to do that yet. Is anyone else in this position, or has anyone progressed to ground school from that interview? This process has been very slow for me... I applied in march 2015!
Considering that they have just released their second advertisement for Adelaide cabin crew recruitment in the past month I would say VA are getting a tad desperate, and waiting two years in a talent pool sounds a tad rediculous. Is it possible at all that a candidate can be lost in the system?
kjag31 is offline  
Old 3rd May 2017, 21:28
  #468 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mel
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long waits

Originally Posted by kjag31
Considering that they have just released their second advertisement for Adelaide cabin crew recruitment in the past month I would say VA are getting a tad desperate, and waiting two years in a talent pool sounds a tad rediculous. Is it possible at all that a candidate can be lost in the system?
Hi guys
I'm not sure if I his helps..... when I was at my AD in march they mentioned that you sit in the talent pool for 6 months then drop off and have to re apply. This may be a new thing ? If I where you I would email asking them are you still in the talent pool or should I apply again 😀
Mooky1 is offline  
Old 4th May 2017, 01:37
  #469 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooky1
Hi guys
I'm not sure if I his helps..... when I was at my AD in march they mentioned that you sit in the talent pool for 6 months then drop off and have to re apply. This may be a new thing ? If I where you I would email asking them are you still in the talent pool or should I apply again 😀
100% reapply, the job is open now on the current opportunities page so it's a good time to submit your application again! I'm still nervous that they didn't receive my elevator pitch because I still haven't had a confirmation email
kjag31 is offline  
Old 4th May 2017, 11:08
  #470 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooky1
Hi there
References are sent by email and are a form they fill in with a couple of questions like how long did you work for them. What are there strengths
Hope this helps
Hi Mooky1,

Thanks for it! It really helpfull.
shosai is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 04:34
  #471 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assessment Day

Woo! Just got my invitation with dates to the Syd assessment days!
Anyone else going to Tuesday 9th at 1pm?
CaitlinMaree92 is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 04:57
  #472 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjag31
It's been over 24 hours since submitting my elevator pitch and still no email, has anybody else had this or know if there's anything i need to do to make sure it was received?
Hi,
Once I uploaded the video I got a confirmation on that page immediately. It then took about a month and a half before I heard from Virgin that I was in the talent pool, waiting for an assessment day. It seems like the longer the wait the better: they seem to eliminate pretty quickly if they don't like you
CaitlinMaree92 is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 07:24
  #473 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaitlinMaree92
Hi,
Once I uploaded the video I got a confirmation on that page immediately. It then took about a month and a half before I heard from Virgin that I was in the talent pool, waiting for an assessment day. It seems like the longer the wait the better: they seem to eliminate pretty quickly if they don't like you
Thanks for that CaitlinMaree, been a week now and still nothing. From what I've read there is no way to tell when you will be emailed your outcome. Some people get responses within hours, some months ��. I just hope the fact that they readvertised for ADL crew means that they're desperate and want to get the process moving quickly! Can anybody tell me at what stage in the recruitment process the application status changes from "application acknowledgement" to something else??
kjag31 is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 07:34
  #474 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, just a bit confused... I finally received an email saying that my references checks were all fine and that I have progressed to the next stage but in the email it doesn't say what that is? (I know from reading everyones posts on here that its the water test but just wondering how you get the form?)
When I log onto the portal it says I have to upload my document but just wondering if they will eventually send it out to me, or if I get the pool to write something up?
Thanks in advance
Plobbo is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 08:36
  #475 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mel
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water test

Originally Posted by Plobbo
Hey everyone, just a bit confused... I finally received an email saying that my references checks were all fine and that I have progressed to the next stage but in the email it doesn't say what that is? (I know from reading everyones posts on here that its the water test but just wondering how you get the form?)
When I log onto the portal it says I have to upload my document but just wondering if they will eventually send it out to me, or if I get the pool to write something up?
Thanks in advance
Hi Plobbo
I received this email......
We are pleased to advise your application for the position of Cabin Crew Melbourne has progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. This stage requires you to complete a Water Competency Assessment. There was an attachment form to print out and take with me for them to fill in
If you haven't had this I would email them and ask 😀
Mooky1 is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 08:42
  #476 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Somewhere warm
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi francescamaria I had my interview in August 2016 and have been sitting in the talent pool waiting for the medical invitation ever since.

After the recent ad went up I emailed them asking if they knew when the next ground school for ADL would be but they could only say that it's all dependant on the business requirements and thanking me for my patience.

Hope that helps.

[2QUOTE=francescamaria;9759845]Hello! I had my interview for Adelaide in August 2016 and am still waiting in the talent pool ... Next up is a medical but I haven't been asked to do that yet. Is anyone else in this position, or has anyone progressed to ground school from that interview? This process has been very slow for me... I applied in march 2015![/QUOTE]
samasama is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 10:15
  #477 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: SA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

keep the updates rolling, I'm super excited to read about all of your recruitment journeys and hopefully post mine too one day

Last edited by kjag31; 22nd May 2017 at 16:35.
kjag31 is offline  
Old 5th May 2017, 12:11
  #478 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by francescamaria
Hello! I had my interview for Adelaide in August 2016 and am still waiting in the talent pool ... Next up is a medical but I haven't been asked to do that yet. Is anyone else in this position, or has anyone progressed to ground school from that interview? This process has been very slow for me... I applied in march 2015!

Same time period but for Bris base. I got an email a month ago saying I was still in talent pool and when the next ground school is confirmed they will call for medical
Skyangel20 is offline  
Old 6th May 2017, 02:45
  #479 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooky1
Hi Plobbo
I received this email......
We are pleased to advise your application for the position of Cabin Crew Melbourne has progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. This stage requires you to complete a Water Competency Assessment. There was an attachment form to print out and take with me for them to fill in
If you haven't had this I would email them and ask 😀
Thanks Mooky1! yeh I think they missed out that second paragraph in mine haha. I'll send them an email and see whats going on.
Plobbo is offline  
Old 6th May 2017, 10:24
  #480 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyangel20
Same time period but for Bris base. I got an email a month ago saying I was still in talent pool and when the next ground school is confirmed they will call for medical
Hi Skyangel, did you email them asking for an update or did they just email you? I've been in the BNE talent pool since late last year but the last correspondence I had from them was early March advising they still didn't have dates.
Ayana is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.