View Full Version : Newcastle-10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Asturias56
27th Feb 2024, 09:23
What flight?

ash666
27th Feb 2024, 09:26
Paris.
Now waited over 60 minutes for the lounge but won't get in now.

ash666
27th Feb 2024, 09:38
Also at security girls were leaving their posts to join someone else at theirs so no-one doing 1 job and 2 doing another job.
People also complaining about no-one at the priority check-in desk.

JonnyH
27th Feb 2024, 10:15
I currently have the misfortune to be at NCL.
The security is choas as well over 50% of bags get sent for a hand check and laptops, phones, pads etc taken away for check-in, even with the laughably called fast-track.
And the new lounge is completely full and can't get in.
Is there a worse airport in the world?

There’s plenty of airports that are worse especially if you’re travelling to CDG..

ash666
27th Feb 2024, 12:18
One day I hope not to find them.
also hope the security is just going through some sort of testing otherwise there will be riots in the high season.
I was also surprised that a large area was for, "business and Platinum /Gold members".
I was very surprised to find that that was just for Emirates.
I know Emirates is the most prestigious airline at NCL but surely all the KLM and AF flights daily makes them more important.

Jamesair1
27th Feb 2024, 15:37
I think you must make a formal complaint to the Management, listing your experiences. Interesting to hear their response.

fl dutchman
27th Feb 2024, 16:48
ash666 Just curious about the lounge. Were you travelling in Business, Have airline status that gets you access into the lounge or a pre paid booking for the lounge. Thanks.

ash666
28th Feb 2024, 03:59
I was business class Gold status with KLM/AF

Jamesair1
28th Feb 2024, 07:39
In theory you should have automatic access to the lounge (presuming they have contracted that with the supplier). It sounds as if the airport could use a second lounge.

ash666
28th Feb 2024, 07:56
Very much so.
Many people paying to get in in advance.

GAXLN
28th Feb 2024, 08:54
Closed for refurbishment from tomorrow I believe. Plan, I understand, is to increase lounge footprint by using space from old BA lounge.

Chesty Morgan
28th Feb 2024, 10:35
Very much so.
Many people paying to get in in advance.
First World problems eh?

fl dutchman
28th Feb 2024, 10:53
Was in the Aspire lounge about a week ago. No problem getting in. (One World Emerald)
I think the refurbishment/extensions are almost complete if not already complete. Apparently there is 100 extra places available versus previously.

The original lounge has been extended into the old BA lounge so will be much bigger than before.

There is a dedicated section for Emirates premium passengers but believe its only used by them for a limited time each day.

I thought the service and staff to be excellent.

However I have heard that during the refurbishment early days some airline status passengers were refused entry because "people who paid " were given priority.
( of course the likes of BA actually pay the lounge to accommodate there status passengers. So that certainly caused some issues.

Perhaps when its fully open there will be room for all. If not I would imagine the airlines who have paid contracted spaces for there premium passengers and those premium passengers themselves will be very upset.

In reality though a second lounge is definitely needed.

ash666 better luck next time. Its quite nice and is open. Hope that makes sense.

ash666
28th Feb 2024, 11:21
Greetings from Bangkok.
It will be a while before I get to see the finished lounge and if they have sorted out the security,

SWBKCB
28th Feb 2024, 11:32
First World problems eh?

If not getting what you've paid for is a First World problem, then yes :ok:

ash666
28th Feb 2024, 11:56
I think you must make a formal complaint to the Management, listing your experiences. Interesting to hear their response.
They will just blame the renovations.
It's KLM/AF/BA who need to complain though I would like to hear what they have to say about the security.

Chesty Morgan
28th Feb 2024, 12:32
If not getting what you've paid for is a First World problem, then yes :ok:
Sounds like a lot of people did get what they paid for...:ok:

Falcon900LX
28th Feb 2024, 18:22
There was a meeting in the centre of Newcastle today between Saudia and the airport development execs. I'm not currently in a place to say whether it may or may not yield to further opportunities with Saudia. Just thought I'd let you all know they are trying to secure new business.

Teesside TinTin
28th Feb 2024, 22:48
Big announcement due next week from what I’ve heard.

Harold77
29th Feb 2024, 00:08
easyJet twice weekly to Amsterdam.

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/1762964765880504506

HH6702
29th Feb 2024, 01:42

any ideas ??

HH6702
29th Feb 2024, 01:44
easyJet twice weekly to Amsterdam.

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/1762964765880504506

didn’t think we would see easyJet doing this route. Good to see that they are trying new things for NCL hopefully see more in the coming months

ukchris82
29th Feb 2024, 12:39
didn’t think we would see easyJet doing this route. Good to see that they are trying new things for NCL hopefully see more in the coming months

I can't see another NCL to AMS route lasting.
KLM fly up to 5 times per day with lots of connecting passengers so Easyjet won't pick up any of these.

It's a shame they couldn't have been more inventive with their route options.

BristolexFlyer
29th Feb 2024, 13:09
I can't see another NCL to AMS route lasting.
KLM fly up to 5 times per day with lots of connecting passengers so Easyjet won't pick up any of these.

It's a shame they couldn't have been more inventive with their route options.

I think when you compare the size of other AMS markets such as Bristol, Glasgow where easyJet and KLM co-exist, there may be room for pure P2P for weekend visits either end. Perfect long weekend options with these flights.

Kind regards

BristolexFlyer

HH6702
29th Feb 2024, 13:30
I think when you compare the size of other AMS markets such as Bristol, Glasgow where easyJet and KLM co-exist, there may be room for pure P2P for weekend visits either end. Perfect long weekend options with these flights.

Kind regards

BristolexFlyer

agree easyJet is after point to point it won’t effect KLM’s traffic much as I’m guessing 90% of it will be transferring to other klm flights

Jamesair1
29th Feb 2024, 15:41
Spot on....these flights are aimed at the leisure P2P market...with fares as shown , I think they should do well.

Very curious as to what the big announcement could by....maybe Turkish Airlines to Istanbul

GrahamK
29th Feb 2024, 16:36
Bare in mind a lot of the current leisure market to Amsterdam will probably currently use the Booze Cruise boat. Would they change from that?

JonnyH
29th Feb 2024, 16:44
Bare in mind a lot of the current leisure market to Amsterdam will probably currently use the Booze Cruise boat. Would they change from that?

When fares start from £25/£30ish then yes. Not everybody wants to get the ferry.

I would be surprised if they didn’t make it work.

GrahamK
29th Feb 2024, 17:12
When fares start from £25/£30ish then yes. Not everybody wants to get the ferry.

I would be surprised if they didn’t make it work.
They've tried it before mind

Jamesair1
29th Feb 2024, 20:41
Don't forget that this is shown as a new route from AMS..I believe the Dutch are the largest European source of tourists to visit Newcastle and the North East each year.

L66MBD
1st Mar 2024, 10:48
Don't forget that this is shown as a new route from AMS..I believe the Dutch are the largest European source of tourists to visit Newcastle and the North East each year.

either way, great to see another easyJet service and also agree this will target different types of passenger so hopefully an overall increase in numbers

SWBKCB
1st Mar 2024, 11:10
I agree - probably competing with the ferry as much as KLM

GAXLN
2nd Mar 2024, 06:49
They've tried it before mind

Have they tried it before? I don’t recall easyjet operating NCL-AMS when they had a base. The airport claim the route is being reinstated, I am not so sure it is.

ash666
2nd Mar 2024, 07:09
Have they tried it before? I don’t recall easyjet operating NCL-AMS when they had a base. The airport claim the route is being reinstated, I am not so sure it is.

I vaguely remember it but a few years ago now.

Jamesair1
2nd Mar 2024, 07:36
Same here....a long time ago,....but I thought it was Jet 2 who operated it.

LiamNCL
2nd Mar 2024, 08:51
100% easyJet operated it around 2012

NCLEGNT
2nd Mar 2024, 09:02
Can’t remember the year it operated but I’m 99% sure it went close to the same as the KL964 on a evening

LiamNCL
2nd Mar 2024, 10:26
Taken from OTNE - 30/06/2014: 19:07->19:33 G-EZGK (http://www.airframes.org/reg/G-EZGK) [A319] EZY6453 (http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY6453) NCL-->AMS

Jamesair1
2nd Mar 2024, 15:33
Thats a 10 year gap in operation....it may have been Copenhagen that Jet 2 tried a few years ago.

GrahamK
2nd Mar 2024, 16:36
Thats a 10 year gap in operation....it may have been Copenhagen that Jet 2 tried a few years ago.
Jet2 have only done CPH as Xmas flights. EZY formerly operated NCL-CPH though for a few years

GAXLN
2nd Mar 2024, 20:14
Taken from OTNE - 30/06/2014: 19:07->19:33 G-EZGK (http://www.airframes.org/reg/G-EZGK) [A319] EZY6453 (http://www.flightradar24.com/EZY6453) NCL-->AMS

Thanks, LiamNCL. OK I can see then they did operate the route for a while. Hopefully it will succeed this time around.

fl dutchman
4th Mar 2024, 06:52
Just a quick message in response to some negative comments about the Aspire lounge and the security at NCL.

The lounge is now fully open and had no issues getting in this morning.
it’s much larger than before and is very nice. The staff are really helpful and pleasant. There is separate areas for airline status passengers and paid for access.

Went through security in about 10 mins. Very efficient. Airport quite busy.

Overall an excellent experience.

TR250man
4th Mar 2024, 13:42
Thanks for the update.

Teesside TinTin
5th Mar 2024, 08:51

Believe it’s been cancelled due to a complex issue with the route that was going to be served. Would have filled a huge hole in the market.

RA85684
5th Mar 2024, 08:57
This makes me think it was going to be Turkish to IST. Probably one of the biggest and most logical holes that needs filling in our route portfolio currently.

HH6702
5th Mar 2024, 10:09
This makes me think it was going to be Turkish to IST. Probably one of the biggest and most logical holes that needs filling in our route portfolio currently.

yes IST is high on the list but still time to announce in time for the summer.

they are having a lot of issues with engines also

GrahamK
5th Mar 2024, 18:07
The big gaps are North America and Africa I'd have said. Everything else is adequately served?

jensdad
5th Mar 2024, 20:55
The big gaps are North America and Africa I'd have said. Everything else is adequately served?
Yes, I'm thinking North America too. Interesting...

HH6702
5th Mar 2024, 22:20
Yes, I'm thinking North America too. Interesting...

Westjet?

ma44hew94
6th Mar 2024, 10:39
JetBlue A321neo to New York a few flights per week might work?

ATNotts
6th Mar 2024, 10:56
JetBlue A321neo to New York a few flights per week might work?

I think we're entering into the realms of fantasy here!!

Transatlantic is essentially a thing of the past, at least for the time being, from regional airports other than Manchester, and if you can call it regional nowadays, Edinburgh. The USA is no longer a cheap destination for UK leisure travellers that would make up the bulk of any demand from NCL, and do you really see enough inbound demand for the Northeast from US originating passengers who for the most part, leisure-wise, can't see far beyond London, Stratford and Edinburgh.

BHX is closer to the other English pull, Stratford upon Avon and it can't attract or support scheduled services from the USA.

As was suggested upthread Turkish is the most likely "big fish" to be lined up at NCL, or even Pegasus perhaps to provide hub connections at Istanbul to Asia and Australia.

jensdad
6th Mar 2024, 17:11
I think we're entering into the realms of fantasy here!!

Transatlantic is essentially a thing of the past, at least for the time being, from regional airports other than Manchester, and if you can call it regional nowadays, Edinburgh. The USA is no longer a cheap destination for UK leisure travellers that would make up the bulk of any demand from NCL, and do you really see enough inbound demand for the Northeast from US originating passengers who for the most part, leisure-wise, can't see far beyond London, Stratford and Edinburgh.

BHX is closer to the other English pull, Stratford upon Avon and it can't attract or support scheduled services from the USA.

As was suggested upthread Turkish is the most likely "big fish" to be lined up at NCL, or even Pegasus perhaps to provide hub connections at Istanbul to Asia and Australia.
We definitely get a lot of North Americans visiting along Hadrian's Wall, although unlike the Antipodeans that market drops off massively as soon as the nights start cutting in. The two factors that would reduce the likelihood of a NA airline flying, even seasonally, into NCL, though, are that they don't see it as a hardship to drive from Edinburgh or York just for a couple of hours stop-off at some Roman ruins. And the ones who stay for weeks on end are doing a longer tour that normally has Edinburgh or London somewhere near either end of it :(
Still, twice a week A321 to NYC or a connection point in ?anada? Could work. But then again, I'm not the CEO of Westjet or JetBlue :)

GrahamK
6th Mar 2024, 17:36
Thinking outside the box, Icelandair or Play?

ma44hew94
6th Mar 2024, 18:12
I agree Turkish is the most likely here, but until this is confirmed (if it ever is) there is still room for speculation on what else it could be.

I wouldn't say it would be too far into the realms of fantasy of a New York connection, we did have this around 2016 with United B757s though of-course this didn't work out. Perhaps though with a lower cost base of JetBlue, more fuel efficient and slightly smaller planes and a less frequent schedule (United operated 5/6 times a week which no wonder was overkill) there maybe rationale to suggest how it would work better.

CabinCrewe
6th Mar 2024, 18:28

Africa? I wouldn't have thought so, what big gap in the NCL market is there needing filled there… Tripoli?
Would be interested to see what American or Canadian operator might attempt to dabble again (Jetblue and WestJet seem a longshot)

GayFriendly
6th Mar 2024, 19:17
Didn't I read a few months ago that, following the success of their MAN route, Ethiopian were looking at serving another airport in the north of the UK....
​​​​​​
Or is it Saudia? They are expanding and offer many Indian and Asian connections via Jeddah

jensdad
6th Mar 2024, 20:57
Didn't I read a few months ago that, following the success of their MAN route, Ethiopian were looking at serving another airport in the north of the UK....
​​​​​​
Or is it Saudia? They are expanding and offer many Indian and Asian connections via Jeddah
Not sure what Ethiopian would mean by 'another' airport in the north of the UK, they don't serve anywhere north of Manchester. Edinburgh would be the obvious choice long before Newcastle (and actually is in the north of the UK :) )
Saudia might be a long shot. Under normal circs there would be no rationale in going up against well-established EK at Newcastle before having a bite at Edinburgh for example. Sadly, there might well be enough NUFC / Saudi government fanboys around to bite into EK's market (Not as far-fetched as it might sound - Folks outside the North East shouldn't underestimate the all-consuming nature of football fandom around here, and most Premier League fans these days are firmly in the market for long haul travel).

RA85684
6th Mar 2024, 21:53
I don't think that I would class anywhere in Africa as a significant gap at all. Morocco would be a very nice addition, and I think it will one day - either Ryanair/TUI/Jet2 to Marrakech and/or Agadir.
TUI with an extra few Frequencies to Cape Verde/Egypt/Tunisia is quite likely to happen in the not too distant future if the markets stay strong and nothing major happens in those destinations (again). Maybe Jet2 will go back to Egypt/Tunisia one day, but I can't see that happening any time soon. Egyptair? Royal Air Maroc? no chance this side of 2030 and even then, desperately unlikely.

Further into Africa... I think I can quite confidently say that we won't ever be getting scheduled, direct flights to Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa and frankly, a link to any other country just isn't happening, ever. Apart from... Maybe, just maybe, with their current growth trajectory we might see Ethiopian deep into the 2030's with a 737 MAX via somewhere in Southern Europe. And that's a big maybe. Other than a handful of ad-hoc charters like the old days down to Mombasa, that would totally exhaust all of our options for Africa links. Maybe TUI will do Zanzibar direct one day...

Anyway... North America. To be successful, it would have to have frequency - a minimum of 5 weekly in order to open up to business, and less flexible passengers. Ideally you want daily. Twice weekly to NYC is a waste of time, you're going to leak all of your passengers to EDI/MAN and via hubs. That'll kill your route in no time. Plenty of people complained and went elsewhere even when United was 5/6 weekly because it didn't fit their schedule.
AA, UA, B6 are all getting new TATL narrowbodies. I do think B6 to JFK is our best option, as they'll be better on price and still offer connections over JFK. UA has the upper hand on connections over EWR, but loses it on price - and we are a very price sensitive market. Like it or not, cheapest wins out of NCL.
American would do nicely with the Oneworld loyalty out of NCL, and they almost came here in 2005. But they've pulled back on regional flying. Will they grow again with their new A21N's?
Delta... It would pretty much have to be a widebody, they don't have A321LR or XLR's on order and I think if ever we see a DL scheduled flight to Newcastle, it would rely on XLR's being ordered, and most likely would be to Atlanta as a hub connection. ATL was listed as a destination NCL are seeking in their masterplan. and we never know how the movement cap at Amsterdam is going to work out. What's to say KL/DL won't team up on a new transatlantic arrangement. The people that currently fly NCL-LAX/SFO/LAS/MIA/MCO etc. over AMS would be just as likely to do so over ATL. The same logic applies to any prospective AA NCL-JFK in a tie up with BA. The airlines/airline groups absolutely have the power to shift the demand to other parts of the business as they see fit... and capacity at LHR and AMS is only going to squeeze more and more as time goes on and the growth of the aviation industry outstrips the capacity available. Heathrow's 3rd runway is already obsolete before construction even starts. But this is another topic.
I do believe that more focus on regional airports will be necessary for growth in the future. Newcastle can easily double in capacity without major development. Bigger, fuller, hub airports in Europe can't. But people still want to fly.

As for Canada. I would love to see Westjet or Air Transat a couple of times a week to Toronto with a 7M8, even just seasonally. The traditional market to Canada that Wardair, CP, Air Transat and the rest used to serve has unfortunately died (quite literally in most cases). But Canada is resurging in popularity and there could just about be room for more regional air service from the UK. But realistically we need to expect to get in line with the likes of Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol and Glasgow for that kind of service.

Turkish to Istanbul is the hub connection we need the most now. It has to be a matter of when, not if. It should hopefully go a long way to bolstering Star Alliance loyalty in NE England and even bring growth from Lufthansa and Aegean, important routes that I really hope we can keep a hold of. TK have mentioned us in their growth strategy, Turkiye is very popular right now and IST is positioning itself as a global mega hub, with no sign of slowing down. Seize the moment I reckon. More will follow.

HH6702
6th Mar 2024, 22:11
thinking could it be India or China?
Lots of students but I would guess Manchester and Edinburgh before us but that would be some catch for the airport

just if it’s a route issue with slots I’m thinking it’s further afield

SWBKCB
6th Mar 2024, 22:22
Some "building bricks with straw" going on here!?!

jensdad
6th Mar 2024, 22:56
I don't think there is, to be honest. I, and everyone else that I can see, is giving their perspective on where there might be gaps, along with the reasons why they might not be filled.

GrahamK
7th Mar 2024, 06:48
Agreed. How can we bring politics into the discussion now 😀

ATNotts
7th Mar 2024, 08:12
Well certainly some 'flights of fantasy'.

ukchris82
7th Mar 2024, 12:03
I'd like to see Lufthansa increase it's frequency. Once per day misses the opportunity for connections so no competition to BA/KL etc

jensdad
7th Mar 2024, 12:07
Well certainly some 'flights of fantasy'.
Which of the examples I or anyone else have come up with would you describe as a 'flight of fantasy'?

ATNotts
7th Mar 2024, 13:09
Which of the examples I or anyone else have come up with would you describe as a 'flight of fantasy'?
India, Africa and China? To a lesser extent, presently scheduled USA.

nef
7th Mar 2024, 16:59
I think it might be enlightening to take a look at the visitbritain/ONS stats, which are available here:

https://www.visitbritain.org/research-insights/inbound-visits-and-spend-trends-uk-town

....especially the "Detailed towns data 2009-2022" excel spreadsheet:

https://www.visitbritain.org/media/2604/download?attachment

For instance, if we look at the "top towns" sheet and filter for US visitors, we see that pretty consistently the 3rd most popular destination in the UK for Americans after London and Edinburgh is.....Glasgow (and not Stratford upon Avon, which is down in about 50th place! ). Yet, despite this, since covid, GLA has lost all its scheduled US flights and routes and has so far struggled to get them replaced or reinstated. So the question arises as to how NCL can expect to attract and retain regular scheduled US routes when Glasgow, a city that demonstrably has multiple times more inbound US demand, can't?

The numbers for places like China and India are similarly relatively low and illustrate that there are probably a 1 or 2 other UK airports that are going to be ahead of NCL in the queue for these type of routes.

Of course, inbound demand is only half the equation, but it's nevertheless a major consideration for airlines.

ATNotts
7th Mar 2024, 17:41
nef,

Facinating data sets, thanks for linking them.

There's a lot to take in but I think the visits data refers to overnight stays as oposed to day trips (excursions) so large cities, with more hotel accommodation will always be higher up the table than smaller towns.

I used to do survey interviews for Visit Britain that asked about visits, including day trips (not overnight stays) which would probably have raised Stratford, and probably places like Alnwick further up the table.

RHagrid
7th Mar 2024, 19:18
There are rumours circulating in the "Crew Room" that Loganair are looking at cutting their Exeter flights. Any ideas please.

Falcon900LX
21st Mar 2024, 18:12
Quoted from a not so reliable source. "TUI to operate a 1 X weekly flight from Newcastle to La Romana on the 787, the operation will start in December 24 and extend throughout the winter period and end in March 25"

Not entirely sure of how accurate this is as I've not seen any slots for LRM from NCL. Anyone else know about this?

VickersVicount
21st Mar 2024, 18:56
Remember La Romana was pretty common from lots of the TUI bases, wonder why it went out of favour. Like Cayo Coco.. these routes/destinations come and go.

N707ZS
21st Mar 2024, 19:32
What does the airport use the Southern stand for, marked as 60-62 on google earth?

Diff Tail Shim
21st Mar 2024, 19:49
What does the airport use the Southern stand for, marked as 60-62 on google earth?
Boris.

Diff Tail Shim
21st Mar 2024, 19:59
There are rumours circulating in the "Crew Room" that Loganair are looking at cutting their Exeter flights. Any ideas please.
How many were they doing for the summer season? Didn't I read it was 5 rotations per week?

SWBKCB
21st Mar 2024, 20:20

Usually long stay biz-jets, especially those with a wide wing-span

SJL26779
21st Mar 2024, 20:34
Shows on the booking system as a route on the drop down but shows all gone so they are possibly still loading this. Will be great news if the route happens.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1440x2000/screenshot_20240321_203027_chrome_b1ef55064afe725c8e161b30bc f14201db641501.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1260x2000/screenshot_20240321_203024_chrome_e7bd714ab8d27d3c3a57b70776 04cc9bc4a84d15.jpg

Quoted from a not so reliable source. "TUI to operate a 1 X weekly flight from Newcastle to La Romana on the 787, the operation will start in December 24 and extend throughout the winter period and end in March 25"

Not entirely sure of how accurate this is as I've not seen any slots for LRM from NCL. Anyone else know about this?

Diff Tail Shim
21st Mar 2024, 20:54
And them.

N707ZS
21st Mar 2024, 23:18
Thanks for the sensible answer. Did Jet 2 keep the 733QCs over there.
Why not the FedEx at the moment instead of a northside stand.

RA85684
21st Mar 2024, 23:33
Fantastic if true, TUI is expanding into La Romana from December 2024, so this might just be true. There is scope for more long haul from TUI out of NCL. I would have thought that Puerto Vallarta, or more regular/scheduled services to Barbados and Montego Bay might have been more likely, but the Caribbean seems to be growing in popularity and we've been lacking a service to the DR for a while. Fingers crossed

Diff Tail Shim
21st Mar 2024, 23:50
Thanks for the sensible answer. Did Jet 2 keep the 733QCs over there.
Why not the FedEx at the moment instead of a northside stand.
Because freight is screened. Simples.

GrahamK
22nd Mar 2024, 04:25
Pretty sure La Romana is just a one off cruise flight

N707ZS
22nd Mar 2024, 06:57
Because freight is screened. Simples.
What's with the sarcasm.

highwideandugly
22nd Mar 2024, 07:40
Think it was originally built for when the numerous mail flights used to operate?
But SWBKCB is right usually used for large biz and Samson/ military exercises over spill these days?

Falcon900LX
22nd Mar 2024, 19:15
Fantastic if true, TUI is expanding into La Romana from December 2024, so this might just be true. There is scope for more long haul from TUI out of NCL. I would have thought that Puerto Vallarta, or more regular/scheduled services to Barbados and Montego Bay might have been more likely, but the Caribbean seems to be growing in popularity and we've been lacking a service to the DR for a while. Fingers crossed

I think a PVR route would do well. But runway would most certainly be an issue. AC would almost certainly have to go via another station.

Good to see DR has been loaded onto the TUI site.

highwideandugly
22nd Mar 2024, 19:54
Is Cancun not further?

Falcon900LX
23rd Mar 2024, 13:29
Is Cancun not further?

CUN is east coast Carribbean, 4500nm from NCL, PVR is west coast Pacific 5000nm from NCL. 500nm roughly speaking an extra few ton of fuel required. CUN is just doable from NCL and sometimes depending on weight and runway parameters it has to go via other stations.

highwideandugly
23rd Mar 2024, 17:47
Is La Romana..not in Dominican Republic? Sorry..must have wrong destination!

Jamesair1
24th Mar 2024, 16:17
from 1st April one of the five daily weekday KLM flights will be operated by an EASTERN E190 a/c....arr. NCL 1310 dep NCL 1340. plus 1 on Sat and Sun. This aircraft also operates on behalf of KLM at MME.

Asturias56
24th Mar 2024, 16:21
thats not good news........................

N707ZS
24th Mar 2024, 16:28
from 1st April one of the five daily weekday KLM flights will be operated by an EASTERN E190 a/c....arr. NCL 1310 dep NCL 1340. plus 1 on Sat and Sun. This aircraft also operates on behalf of KLM at MME.
I wonder how thats going to work with one E190 on the Humberside KLM and the other on the Teesside flight.

Jamesair1
24th Mar 2024, 16:29
With a big percentage of 'connecting' passengers, 'on time' reliability will be crucial.

Markushillman
24th Mar 2024, 16:55
With a big percentage of 'connecting' passengers, 'on time' reliability will be crucial.

Something Eastern is well renowned for :E

CentreFix25
24th Mar 2024, 18:33
I wonder how thats going to work with one E190 on the Humberside KLM and the other on the Teesside flight.

Timings suggest a ‘W’ with the MME based machine.

P330
24th Mar 2024, 19:15
Timings suggest a ‘W’ with the MME based machine.

Which suggests 4 x UK - AMS rotations a day on one machine. Perfectly normal for KLM but I have to say I’m nervous about punctuality and reliability. Would KLM bring in their own metal to cover for delays or are we stuck with Eastern?

Jamesair1
24th Mar 2024, 19:17
Seems to be correct ....the MME flights tie in with the timings...........Humberside timings are nowhere near.. It looks like 8 sectors a day on this a/c. Plenty of scope for delays.

GeorgeNTravels
24th Mar 2024, 19:47
I have had a quick look for Monday 15th April and pieced this together, might be wrong but it was the best I could scribble together from the booking system.

Aircraft 1

0610-0810 KL970 HUY-AMS
0915-0925 KL963 AMS-MME
0955-1210 KL964 MME-AMS
1255-1310 KL957 AMS-NCL
1340-1555 KL958 NCL-AMS
1640-1650 KL965 AMS-MME
1720-1935 KL966 MME-AMS
2130-2130 KL975 AMS-HUY

Aircraft 2

0620-0840 KL961 MME-AMS
0920-0920 KL971 AMS-HUY
0950-1150 KL972 HUY-AMS
1225-1300 KL939 AMS-GLA
1335-1610 KL940 GLA-AMS
1645-1645 KL973 AMS-HUY
1715-1920 KL974 HUY-AMS
2135-2145 KL967 AMS-MME

N707ZS
24th Mar 2024, 22:36
Thanks George we didn't realise the aircraft would be flying between all four points. And a Glasgow.

CentreFix25
25th Mar 2024, 18:53
I have had a quick look for Monday 15th April and pieced this together, might be wrong but it was the best I could scribble together from the booking system.

Aircraft 1

0610-0810 KL970 HUY-AMS
0915-0925 KL963 AMS-MME
0955-1210 KL964 MME-AMS
1255-1310 KL957 AMS-NCL
1340-1555 KL958 NCL-AMS
1640-1650 KL965 AMS-MME
1720-1935 KL966 MME-AMS
2130-2130 KL975 AMS-HUY

Aircraft 2

0620-0840 KL961 MME-AMS
0920-0920 KL971 AMS-HUY
0950-1150 KL972 HUY-AMS
1225-1300 KL939 AMS-GLA
1335-1610 KL940 GLA-AMS
1645-1645 KL973 AMS-HUY
1715-1920 KL974 HUY-AMS
2135-2145 KL967 AMS-MME

I'm guessing that it's normal for a crew to end their flying shift at the same place they started it? if I'm right, then this pattern doesn't seem to work.

GeordieFlyer81
25th Mar 2024, 19:56
Appears crew will night stop in NCL and GLA by looks of it, operating 4 sector days. KLM crew would normally night stop, so possible Eastern crew will replace them.

SWBKCB
25th Mar 2024, 20:00
Appears crew will night stop in NCL and GLA by looks of it, operating 4 sector days. KLM crew would normally night stop, so possible Eastern crew will replace them.

Eastern have advertised for crew based at MME.

BristolexFlyer
25th Mar 2024, 20:57

Really unsure about this rotation pattern. Doesn’t seem to make much sense re nightstopping in NCL/GLA. Would mean KLM would have their own crew and then T3 crew NS too?!

Also, if crew at Teesside for example nightstop early in GLA and then finish late back at MME, they’d have to have a day off the next day as they’d not be in hours for an early again the next day.

Also can’t see road transport to and from HUY to NCL before or after duties.

Hopefully will become clear soon!

Regards

BristolexFlyer

Jamesair1
29th Mar 2024, 16:55
Looks like we won't see Southwind Airlines at NCL this year. It seems to have been banned from European airspace for being controlled from Russia using Turkey as a proxy.

credit - Airliners.Net

Jamesair1
31st Mar 2024, 17:16
According to Flight Radar 24 the first Eastern Flight (E170) for KLM left NCL 3hrs 04 mins late, despite it arriving from AMS only 34 mins late

SJL26779
3rd Apr 2024, 11:06
Tui will be operating daily Palma and Dalaman flights in Summer 2025 as well as an additional Thursday flight to Kos and a new route to Agadir.

Dalaman is on 3rd party some days.

Dreamliners operating Sunday to Tenerife and Antalya

RA85684
3rd Apr 2024, 16:20
Are we looking at a net increase here? Or is there some give in the schedule to allow for the expansion? More third party flying? Something else getting dropped/reduced.

Fantastic to see Agadir finally, it was the logical next step, let’s hope it does well.

Glad to see the binliners sticking about on short haul as well. I wonder if we might get a full season based 787 at some point in the not too distant future

HH6702
3rd Apr 2024, 16:28
Are we looking at a net increase here? Or is there some give in the schedule to allow for the expansion? More third party flying? Something else getting dropped/reduced.

Fantastic to see Agadir finally, it was the logical next step, let’s hope it does well.

Glad to see the binliners sticking about on short haul as well. I wonder if we might get a full season based 787 at some point in the not too distant future

Dalaman is 5 x weekly on 3rd party
2x weekly on TUI metal

RA85684
3rd Apr 2024, 22:31
It’ll be interesting to see whether the DLM flights are additional third party flying, or making use of the 5 weekly Sun Express flights (providing they keep the same capacity next summer as well)

Edit: my apologies, my own ignorance. Sun Express ops Antalya not Dalaman. So it must be additional capacity - very good from an overall capacity standpoint

HH6702
4th Apr 2024, 06:15
It’ll be interesting to see whether the DLM flights are additional third party flying, or making use of the 5 weekly Sun Express flights (providing they keep the same capacity next summer as well)

Edit: my apologies, my own ignorance. Sun Express ops Antalya not Dalaman. So it must be additional capacity - very good from an overall capacity standpoint

I hoping that Sun Express will go daily for summer 25 and maybe see them add Dalaman also

RA85684
4th Apr 2024, 09:48
I mean… Another daily operation to Turkey would be wild. The growth to that country has been astronomical! Antalya in particular, having blown Dalaman out of the water by the looks of things.

Any additional capacity would be great, and I suppose with package holiday companies onboard, especially if TUI are selling seats on SunExpress then I can see it.

It would be nice to see them add Izmir as well, they have a large hub there, and it would be a nice addition to the TUI portfolio without having to use their own metal on the route.

vectisman
4th Apr 2024, 11:48
Personally, I am appalled that so many holidaymakers chose to go to Turkey. A country run by a near dictator and one that
illegally occupies part of another country. Not to forget the abuse of human rights. I guess that too many people don't care, and just want cheap drink, food, as well as teeth and breast implants!

DC3 Dave
4th Apr 2024, 12:04
Personally, I am appalled that so many holidaymakers chose to go to Turkey. A country run by a near dictator and one that
illegally occupies part of another country. Not to forget the abuse of human rights. I guess that too many people don't care, and just want cheap drink, food, as well as teeth and breast implants!

Blimey, you sound like a certain gentleman from the Luton area. Anyway, what is wrong with a nice pair of incisors.

vectisman
4th Apr 2024, 12:16
Please please don't compare me to him lol! I am usually very nice, polite and factual but some things upset me lol!

ash666
11th Apr 2024, 06:49
Apologies if this has ben asked before but I somehow got logged out of here on a long holiday and missed a lot.

Anyone know the load factor on Ryanair's flight to BCN, departing 21.45?
I can't understand why anyone would pick a flight that doesn't arrive until the early hours of the morning unless they were visiting family or have business over there.
I went in January, out via AMS and return via CDG.

Jamesair1
11th Apr 2024, 11:41
JET 2 have cancelled NCL - Salzburg flights for Winter 24/25

cr. Sean

HH6702
11th Apr 2024, 12:39
JET 2 have cancelled NCL - Salzburg flights for Winter 24/25

cr. Sean

believe these flights were operated on behalf of another tour operator ?

NorthEasterner
11th Apr 2024, 23:38
Apologies if this has ben asked before but I somehow got logged out of here on a long holiday and missed a lot.

Anyone know the load factor on Ryanair's flight to BCN, departing 21.45?
I can't understand why anyone would pick a flight that doesn't arrive until the early hours of the morning unless they were visiting family or have business over there.
I went in January, out via AMS and return via CDG.

Perhaps people returning to BCN after visiting the North East, or like you say VFR and business traffic. BCN has proved popular since Ryanair took it on.

ash666
12th Apr 2024, 05:17
I have been impressed with Ryanair on the 2 trips I've taken with them but I would not use them now to arrive in BCN (or anywhere else) after 1am.

GrahamK
12th Apr 2024, 06:36
Nope.

ATNotts
12th Apr 2024, 07:57
I reckon the abysmal snow conditions in lower resorts last winter are driving the alpine skiing tourist towards higher resort, and those in Scandinavia to the detriment of quite a few of the large lower resorts in Tirol and Salzburgerland. Jet2 can just see the writing on the wall and trimming accordingly.

Generally you can see more capacity going into Finland, Norway and Sweden.

Jamesair1
13th Apr 2024, 15:58
AER LINGUS has increased frequency on the DUB route from 7 to 8 weekly with 2 flights on Sundays

NorthEasterner
17th Apr 2024, 14:06
Does anyone know what the flights are for operated by Ascend's G-WEAH 737 max. Flying mainly triangulation of NCL-CWL and EMA.

I'm guessing it's crew training?

SWBKCB
17th Apr 2024, 14:50
Yes, it is. Same as their 738 over previous weeks and the Jet2 A.321's recently. Don't remember us getting so many training flights as in recent months.

Dispatchdude
17th Apr 2024, 19:10
Yes, it is. Same as their 738 over previous weeks and the Jet2 A.321's recently. Don't remember us getting so many training flights as in recent months.

It is certainly having an impact with multiple holes appearing in the runway causing issues.

Saying that a number of stands are starting to suffer serious subsidence which is why stand 12 is now out of use for the foreseeable.

SWBKCB
17th Apr 2024, 19:22
I would imagine the weather is having a bigger impact than a handful of extra training flights, which will all be at light weights..

Dispatchdude
17th Apr 2024, 19:40
Jokes aside, the infrastructure of NCL is starting to fail and cannot cope with the amount of traffic being pushed through it and it's all down to lack of investment.

The 3 airbridges are continually failing causing problems, the baggage belts cannot cope with the amount of bags on them plus numerous other infrastructure problems regarding layout of stands departing and arriving doors.

Diff Tail Shim
17th Apr 2024, 19:57
I would imagine the weather is having a bigger impact than a handful of extra training flights, which will all be at light weights..
One day without rain.

highwideandugly
18th Apr 2024, 20:02
Dispatchdude probably nails it…not seeing much..if any investment in the airside side of the airport? Going back many years I think!

Benji down on Teesside pushing the airport and investing…in comparison ?……not sure what if anything is happening up there/here ?
Turning political..will a new NE mayor invest as much as he has done?

SWBKCB
18th Apr 2024, 20:08
What has the NE Mayor to do with NCL?

N707ZS
19th Apr 2024, 05:59
Does anyone know what the flights are for operated by Ascend's G-WEAH 737 max. Flying mainly triangulation of NCL-CWL and EMA.

I'm guessing it's crew training?
They are also trying to get an AOC.

SWBKCB
19th Apr 2024, 06:36
They are also trying to get an AOC.

The United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has granted an updated Air Operator Certificate, Type A Operating License and Route License to Ascend Airways, allowing it to commence flights. The carrier is one of the latest additions to Avia Solutions Group’s (ASG) expanding portfolio of ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance, and insurance) airlines. Avia Solutions Group is the world’s largest ACMI provider with a fleet of 212 aircraft.

https://ascendairways.aero/ascend-airways-secures-air-operator-certificate-in-uk/

Jamesair1
24th Apr 2024, 15:46
Loganair cancelling the ABZ route on the 10th May is a great shame.....possibly the 'Musical Chairs' will start again and we might see Eastern have another go at it.

cr. SeanM

Diff Tail Shim
24th Apr 2024, 20:22
Loganair cancelling the ABZ route on the 10th May is a great shame.....possibly the 'Musical Chairs' will start again and we might see Eastern have another go at it.

cr. SeanM
All small airlines are seeing their flight deck crews being poached by the bigger players.

HH6702
2nd May 2024, 12:38
Flights starting to show on the app and looks like 3 based units

Alicante 5 weekly (4 in 23/24)

Monday 13th January 2025

0600 Malaga

0605 Tenerife

0605 Krakow

L66MBD
9th May 2024, 15:01
Flights starting to show on the app and looks like 3 based units

Alicante 5 weekly (4 in 23/24)

Monday 13th January 2025

0600 Malaga

0605 Tenerife

0605 Krakow

so is this 1 more than last year?

Jamesair1
9th May 2024, 15:50
It's looking like it....NCL has been a 2 a/c Ryanair base with a lot of routes being served from overseas bases.

Jamesair1
9th May 2024, 16:06
NEW ROUTE.....SUN EXPRESS NCL - DLM twice weekly Wed/Su wef 4th MAY 25

cr. Sean

GeordieFlyer81
9th May 2024, 17:48
Looks like times have changed which would suggest still planned for 2 aircraft base.

GDN/WRO not on sale as yet.

jensdad
9th May 2024, 19:08
NEW ROUTE.....SUN EXPRESS NCL - DLM twice weekly Wed/Su wef 4th MAY 25

cr. Sean

Good news.
While I'm on, any whispers of anyone replacing Loganair in the Aberdeen route?

VickersVicount
9th May 2024, 20:30
more package leisure Türkiye :bored: - we need Turkish Airlines daily to IST

HH6702
9th May 2024, 21:34
Looks like times have changed which would suggest still planned for 2 aircraft base.

GDN/WRO not on sale as yet.

yes TFS on a Monday has been changed to a W

CentreFix25
10th May 2024, 06:50
Too early to say anything concrete about Ryanair. We were just notified that our Sunday flight to Gran Canaria has been moved to Friday - so anything is possible.

HH6702
10th May 2024, 19:30
Too early to say anything concrete about Ryanair. We were just notified that our Sunday flight to Gran Canaria has been moved to Friday - so anything is possible.

For W24/25 it looks like FUE, LPA are down as 1x weekly which is a decrease over this winter

RA85684
15th May 2024, 09:13
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-pitched-gateway-saudi-after-29170241.amp

Quite interesting to read. I remember during the takeover of NUFC it was promised that investment would encompass the whole region, not just the football club.

If this is true and if it is successful and approved, and IF we ever actually see any of it (I wonder how much gets diverted and filtered through Westminster…) 3 billion quid is huge! It would be a game changer for the region.

Do we reckon any could be invested into NCL? If anyone from the PIF, Local Authorities, or NCL are reading this, a few million would more than cover a new extension to the north end of the terminal, with a second pier and more remote stands. Plus perhaps a few hundred thousand to Saudia or Riyadh air for an A321/787 to Riyadh and/or Jeddah a few times a week.
If NCL wants to expand, and avoid turning into a hellhole like EDI/BHX/LTN/STN at peak times, and retain our favourable position as a decent airport to fly from - they need to invest in infrastructure and expand the terminal, now.

Ryanair wise, I’d be surprised if FUE/LPA/PFO stay at 1 weekly. FR don’t really do single frequencies like that, and I’d struggle to believe that they aren’t raking it in on the majority of their routes - as long as they’re looking at ancillary charges and onboard spend as part of their revenue out of NCL. Geordies spend!

There’s plenty more for FR to do out of NCL, a solid 20+ routes they could sustain with relative ease. Let’s hope team NCL are pushing hard for an aircraft or two from the closure of the Bordeaux base. FR have openly said that the base closure will be to the benefit of other airports that are willing to cut them a deal. NCL would be daft not to.

FRatSTN
15th May 2024, 09:40
Ryanair wise, I’d be surprised if FUE/LPA/PFO stay at 1 weekly. FR don’t really do single frequencies like that

They do on the Canaries and other leisure routes quite a bit. Certainly more than they used to. They also fly very little generally, if at all from some bases, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays over winter.

jensdad
15th May 2024, 18:12
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-pitched-gateway-saudi-after-29170241.amp

Quite interesting to read. I remember during the takeover of NUFC it was promised that investment would encompass the whole region, not just the football club.

If this is true and if it is successful and approved, and IF we ever actually see any of it (I wonder how much gets diverted and filtered through Westminster…) 3 billion quid is huge! It would be a game changer for the region.

Do we reckon any could be invested into NCL? If anyone from the PIF, Local Authorities, or NCL are reading this, a few million would more than cover a new extension to the north end of the terminal, with a second pier and more remote stands. Plus perhaps a few hundred thousand to Saudia or Riyadh air for an A321/787 to Riyadh and/or Jeddah a few times a week.
If NCL wants to expand, and avoid turning into a hellhole like EDI/BHX/LTN/STN at peak times, and retain our favourable position as a decent airport to fly from - they need to invest in infrastructure and expand the terminal, now.

Ryanair wise, I’d be surprised if FUE/LPA/PFO stay at 1 weekly. FR don’t really do single frequencies like that, and I’d struggle to believe that they aren’t raking it in on the majority of their routes - as long as they’re looking at ancillary charges and onboard spend as part of their revenue out of NCL. Geordies spend!

There’s plenty more for FR to do out of NCL, a solid 20+ routes they could sustain with relative ease. Let’s hope team NCL are pushing hard for an aircraft or two from the closure of the Bordeaux base. FR have openly said that the base closure will be to the benefit of other airports that are willing to cut them a deal. NCL would be daft not to.
£3 billion is indeed huge, which makes me wonder why it will only 'help' to 'sustain' (not even 'create') 2.000 jobs. It's hard to see how the economic activity involved in the said 'sustenance' of 2,000 jobs would be transformational or a 'game-changer'. It's all very nebulous.
Personally, I think all of the new-found Saudi enthusiasts on Tyneside who have rolled out the red carpet for a bunch of murderers in exchange for winning a few football matches should be ashamed of themselves, but that's probably one for JetBlast.

Harold77
15th May 2024, 20:34
Most of the Middle Eastern investment is being ploughed into Teesside.

Alfanar £1.3bn SAF plant at Seal Sands

Saudi Aramco £850m SABIC Olefins 6 facility at Wilton

Plus one or two other projects.

Teesside TinTin
16th May 2024, 10:41
Rumours starting to circulate in the form of a certain orange airline about to announce something big. That’s what I heard when passing through last week from a friend in the commercial department.

DC3 Dave
16th May 2024, 10:47
Rumours starting to circulate in the form of a certain orange airline about to announce something big. That’s what I heard when passing through last week from a friend in the commercial department.

Your friend was spot on.They did indeed do that first thing this morning.

Jamesair1
16th May 2024, 15:37
I suppose EZY will eventually look at the feasability of re-opening their NCL base.....with flights to BFS, BRS, PMI. ALC, GVA plus AMS starting in September The operation must be reaching a level where a base needs to be considered.

SWBKCB
16th May 2024, 15:55
March 24 CAA pax figures higher than March 19 - first time post-covid?

GBYAJ
16th May 2024, 23:20
Your friend was spot on.They did indeed do that first thing this morning.

ncl-stn 4 times daily again please !

JonnyH
17th May 2024, 09:36
Does anyone know the load factors for Aegeans Athens flights?

Assuming they’re not bad given the route continued this year but a few are saying the flights are only 50% full.

RA85684
17th May 2024, 09:38
As good as it would be to have easyJet back, I would like to see Ryanair more established first. I’d like to see TUI make a success of 5 based aircraft plus the 787 too. Not too much of an ask, and TUI could always sell holidays on the easyJet sectors.

I’d like to see them come back and contribute more by way of different routes as well, like they’ve done at Southend. Bring Berlin, Paris, Split, Pisa and Nice back. More choice to Jersey, Malta, Barcelona. New routes like Venice and Marrakech. There’s plenty for them to do

tigertanaka
17th May 2024, 11:32
Does anyone know the load factors for Aegeans Athens flights?

Assuming they’re not bad given the route continued this year but a few are saying the flights are only 50% full.

Loads for last year were as follows:

Month | pax | rotations | load factor
Jun-23 | 1388 | 10 | 138.8
Jul-23 | 2625 | 18 | 145.8
Aug-23 | 2564 | 18 | 142.4
Sep-23 | 2265 | 16 | 141.6
Oct-23 | 1884 | 16 | 117.8

Assuming all services were on an Aegean A320, then that's a load factor of about 79% in the summer. Not bad considering the terrible flight times but of course we do not know the yield.

GayFriendly
17th May 2024, 23:07
BHX had a similar load factor with Aegean but the route got pulled for this summer. Of course there are many other variables in play, the fact that Jet2 also fly BHX-ATH and we don't know if a commercial deal between BHX and Aegean had come to an end?

Clearly the yields at BHX were not good enough even at 80% plus loads factor, fingers crossed for NCL they are

RA85684
22nd May 2024, 09:47
Am I the only one with the distinct impression that EZY’s AMS won’t be coming back? Only on sale for 7.5 weeks Sep/Oct and nothing after

Jamesair1
22nd May 2024, 13:04
I noticed that....it didn't show in the Winter timetable and it is not showing in the new, up till June, timetable...all very strange.

JonnyH
22nd May 2024, 13:29
It looks like Jet2 have added RAK from October 2025. 2x weekly.

RA85684
22nd May 2024, 15:32
And not before time. Very pleased to finally see RAK on our departure boards. We haven’t had any decent expansion from Jet2 for years now. TUI have gone big, FR are here now and will hopefully grow, and I expect (and hope) the airport are sizing up EZY for a return… LS will want to act to maintain their market share, surely?

Jamesair1
22nd May 2024, 15:35
JET 2 .....RAK Tu and Fr .....wef 10th Oct. 25