PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle-10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

highwideandugly
22nd Aug 2023, 14:25
Ryanair routes maybe diluted now out of Newcastle and Leeds, possibly due to Teesside expansion?

SWBKCB
22nd Aug 2023, 15:00
Ryanair have expanded at both NCL and LBA since they started at Teesside - as stated above, they've opened a base at NCL since they launched flights from Teesside in 2021.

simonwa
22nd Aug 2023, 16:01
I am surprised that no airline has picked up NCE since EZY left the airport. There is a huge gap there for any airports in the South of France. LS operate from LBA so surprised they have not picked this up for NCL.
I know BER (or SXF as it was) was also hit and miss for EZY but another popular route that no one has picked up on (except LS for their Christmas markets specials).

Jamesair1
24th Aug 2023, 07:49
Looks like Aer Lingus made a good move taking on Belfast City carrying 2,879 pax in its first full month of operation.

ash666
24th Aug 2023, 11:13
What on earth is happening with AF?
Yet another very late take-off today with AF1059, even though it arrive on time from Paris.

OltonPete
24th Aug 2023, 11:36
What on earth is happening with AF?
Yet another very late take-off today with AF1059, even though it arrive on time from Paris.

Weather? The UK live weather radar extends to Northern France and some pretty nasty looking stuff near Paris. BHX flight similarly delayed - 90 minutes adrift
-
Pete

ash666
24th Aug 2023, 11:38
Could be but the weather was moving away quickly and predictably.

SWBKCB
24th Aug 2023, 12:57
Could be but the weather was moving away quickly and predictably.

But would have disrupted all the earlier arrivals and departures so flow control used to catch up?

ash666
24th Aug 2023, 13:27
But would have disrupted all the earlier arrivals and departures so flow control used to catch up?

The incoming flight was on time.

GBYAJ
24th Aug 2023, 17:28
New Jet2 route to ,chania.

JonnyH
25th Aug 2023, 06:54
New Jet2 route to ,chania.

It’s been on sale since January or February.

GBYAJ
25th Aug 2023, 07:57
It’s been on sale since January or February.

Ah, I fell for the Airport’s Facebook advertising yesterday when the banner popped up saying “new route” and in my haste to share didn’t check any further! 😂

ash666
25th Aug 2023, 11:41
Yet again AF have messed up again.
And yes, I do have a vested interest.
And no weather excuse today.
How difficult can it be to operate 1 flight a day?

Beatts
27th Aug 2023, 09:41
https://www.newcastleworld.com/news/jet2-expands-its-2425-winter-programme-from-newcastle-international-airport-with-three-city-breaks-4270272

SWBKCB
27th Aug 2023, 10:05
Don't they do those every year?

Jamesair1
27th Aug 2023, 15:10
Correct......for several years....hardly 'breaking news'

fl dutchman
27th Aug 2023, 22:19
Have Jet2 not been flying to Rome, Krakow and Prague year round for several years now. Before that Easyjet. ( Ryanair now also flying to Krakow)

Jamesair1
28th Aug 2023, 07:25
All three routes are seasonal with Jet 2 (Winter)

ReadyToGo
30th Aug 2023, 12:59
What's going on?
Wroclaw flights (already booked and paid for) canx, refund/rebook but nothing availiable till March?

Not sure if this affects other FR routes

Jamesair1
30th Aug 2023, 16:21
As well as Wroclaw, Shannon seems to have gone as well. That is a loss of 4 routes with Riga and Gdansk having disappeared earlier. Hopefully there will be some replacements coming up for S. 24.

fl dutchman
30th Aug 2023, 16:30
Are they continuing with the NCL Base ?

SWBKCB
30th Aug 2023, 16:32

They've got based departures scheduled over winter. It's not exactly a novelty for RYR to chop and change routes.

Jamesair1
30th Aug 2023, 19:09
Summer 24 should be released soon

GayFriendly
30th Aug 2023, 19:34
FR Choo and change routes regularly at many of their bases.

At my local, BHX, we have lost Katowice, Bratislava and Gdansk in the last 12 months and it looks like Bordeaux and Billund are finishing at the end of Oct. But we've gained Seville and Valencia plus some previously summer only routes continuing in the winter.

I'm sure there'll be replacement routes at NCL to cater for the loss of others. FR are mercenary at network planning!

ReadyToGo
30th Aug 2023, 20:44
FR Choo and change routes regularly at many of their bases.

At my local, BHX, we have lost Katowice, Bratislava and Gdansk in the last 12 months and it looks like Bordeaux and Billund are finishing at the end of Oct. But we've gained Seville and Valencia plus some previously summer only routes continuing in the winter.

I'm sure there'll be replacement routes at NCL to cater for the loss of others. FR are mercenary at network planning!

Ryanair have come on a long way in customer service

30mins on live webchat, they've rebooked us through LBA, agreed to pay for taxi from Darlington. (Initailly offered NCL-DUB-WRO with them paying a hotel in DUB each way!). On top of that.... £80 a head from travel insurance

I've got it in writing. I'm stunned.

HH6702
31st Aug 2023, 16:45
Still time for something new to be added for
october

Jamesair1
1st Sep 2023, 15:34
Antalya 2 x weekly
Dalaman 2 x weekly
Summer 2024.

fl dutchman
1st Sep 2023, 16:05
Antalya 2 x weekly
Dalaman 2 x weekly
Summer 2024.
Is that the same as 2023?

GrahamK
1st Sep 2023, 17:10
Dalaman was 1 weekly this year. Good to see AF increasing services again however, not back to the old 3 daily schedule yet though

Jamesair1
2nd Sep 2023, 07:43
yes, AF getting back slowly but surely..... 3 daily Tu/W/Th/Su....2 daily M/F and Sa...18weekly.....waiting to see if Aegean increases Athens next year

tigertanaka
11th Sep 2023, 16:42
What has happened to the Park & Fly car park at Newcastle? I know it closed during covid and that passenger numbers are still about 10% below the pre-covid era but given the low operating costs and the big prices that the airport owned carparks charge it makes me wonder why it has not reopened. Has the airport acquired the land?

SWBKCB
11th Sep 2023, 16:54
Yes - believe they went bust. The airport must have bought it as this is the plan.

https://www.newcastleairport.com/news-and-reporting/latest-news/newcastle-international-airport-and-the-uk-s-best-rated-ev-charging-operator-fastned-set-sights-on-new-charging-forecourt/

Hipennine
12th Sep 2023, 07:58
What has happened to the Park & Fly car park at Newcastle? I know it closed during covid and that passenger numbers are still about 10% below the pre-covid era but given the low operating costs and the big prices that the airport owned carparks charge it makes me wonder why it has not reopened. Has the airport acquired the land?

I thought that the airport owned it anyway. It seemed to be using the same booking engine as the main airport car park booking system, but prices much lower. Sometimes if you booked in for short stay (2 - 3 days) they would offer a free "upgrade" to the terminal short-stay car park when you checked in. It was always my preferred option.

CentreFix25
12th Sep 2023, 16:27
"I thought that the airport owned it anyway."

They did - bought it years ago.

HH6702
14th Sep 2023, 14:33
Hi

looks like EasyJet is struggling to compete with the others now.
next summer PMI is (June-august) only

Jamesair1
14th Sep 2023, 15:45
EasyJet Summer 24...PMI

A chance you could be wrong about PMI ending early....The timetable published is only valid .until 1st Sept. so the rest of Sept. would show on the next publication.

Belfast is 15 wkly and Bristol is 12 wkly. (till 1st Sept)

Aer Lingus still not published the timetable for BHD

GeorgeNTravels
14th Sep 2023, 17:13
EasyJet Summer 24...PMI

A chance you could be wrong about PMI ending early....The timetable published is only valid .until 1st Sept. so the rest of Sept. would show on the next publication.

Belfast is 15 wkly and Bristol is 12 wkly. (till 1st Sept)

Aer Lingus still not published the timetable for BHD

easyJet Holidays shows PMI available until October 26th

RA85684
14th Sep 2023, 17:22
A little disappointing on the easyJet front, but not too surprised or disheartened really. Shots being called from the Palma end, they decide where the planes go and when. At least we made the cut again. As much as Palma is a no-brainer from NCL, it doesn’t work the same the other way round. There is plenty of capacity on NCL-PMI and EZY is a welcome return, but not devastating that the season appears shorter. I’d like to see EZY do more, and they can, and they should. But will they?

Anxiously awaiting Ryanair, Aer Lingus and Aegean’s intentions with us for S24 now. Lets hope they don’t keep us waiting too much longer and hopefully there’s a little bit of measured growth there. Belfast appears strong, Aegean seems happy with us and fingers crossed we land above Ryanair’s red line!

Jet2 rumoured to be doing Morocco next year, and by all accounts we’re potentially up for that Agadir route, finally! Picking up where Thomson couldn’t.
Given the recent additional aircraft up the road as well, I wonder if another based frame from our biggest airline could be in the pipeline, there’s still room for them

and lastly, will 2024 be the year we finally coax Turkish in?

JonnyH
14th Sep 2023, 17:40
Rumours of BRU doing the round with SN. We shall see.

SWBKCB
14th Sep 2023, 19:20
I’d like to see EZY do more, and they can, and they should. But will they?

Still hankering after the lover who lost interest and then walked away? They're not worth it!! :ok:

highwideandugly
14th Sep 2023, 20:16
Not to sound like a wishful spotter(we have all been there!)

SN Brussels.
TK Istanbul
and Copenhagen with anyone…

My three wish list!

Jamesair1
15th Sep 2023, 07:31
I'll add NICE to that list....probably Jet2 if it happens.

ash666
15th Sep 2023, 07:33
Budapest for me.

RA85684
15th Sep 2023, 13:27
Aegean back, ideally for a longer season, as well as retention of all of our existing Ryanair routes (even if some have dropped to summer seasonal) as well as bolstering important links such as EI to DUB/BHD and all of our other legacy carriers would be a priority for me. Keep what we have and be grateful for anything else!

That being said, SN is an interesting one - how many times have we seen back and forth over the years with BRU. SN now has nothing smaller than an A319 and are essentially a hybrid LCC/legacy carrier, so I presume it would be a 3/4 weekly service, not the twice daily regional jets we used to get. It would be good to see BRU return, and definitely a positive to get more Star Alliance/Lufty group representation, but I can't help wonder, would Brussels be better served by a true LCC like Ryanair, NCL-CRL?

Speaking of Star, that brings the matter of Turkish, which I think must be going to happen soon. Turkish are expanding and we must be on their radar, it's only logical. Fingers crossed. You would hope that more from Star Alliance through additional carriers could strengthen routes like NCL-FRA and encourage a second daily service there in the not too distant future. Because Jesus, let me tell you, BA need a kick up the arse and a reality check and the customers need something better, more reliable. Give them the chance to vote with their feet.

As for Copenhagen and Budapest - Perfect for Ryanair. Nice, not so much, but not impossible. I think Jet2 would be the best fit and I am surprised they haven't gone for it already. That, and the massive capacity gap we still have on Barcelona compared to EZY's 5 weekly days. Very surprising.

SWBKCB, you're right. They have potential, and as long as they keep a little bit up at NCL, happy days. You never know when they might want to turn round and offer us a summer seasonal Alicante, or a couple of Berlins a week again. But I wouldn't be chucking all my eggs in the EZY basket.

Asturias56
16th Sep 2023, 07:18
You are right about NCL-BRU - there must have been dozens of attempts over the years . I've never understood who would actually fly the route tho'/ No major tourist links, no big business links, S tiny bit of connecting traffic

SWBKCB
16th Sep 2023, 07:23
You are right about NCL-BRU - there must have been dozens of attempts over the years

I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate. I think there's probably been more goes at CPH.

Jamesair1
16th Sep 2023, 07:29
One day LM might convert OSLO into a non-stop route.

SWBKCB
16th Sep 2023, 07:57
You just have to look at a map to see the problem that Newcastle has.

It is a relatively isolated connurbation so fishing in a relatively small pond for customers. You might attract customers from outside the northeast if you can offer destinations which aren't served by EDI, LBA, MAN but as you are starting from a smaller base that is unlikely - it is more likely that NCL is leaking customers to these largerairports. Also you'll attract people on price - hence the long standing school summer holidays switcheroo between NCL, GLA, EDI.

The north east is also relatively poor area compared to the surrounding area, so there is less propensity to fly. It's also less diverse than other regions, so there isn't the VFR demand from various diaspora.

New routes might reduce the leakage to other airports but relatively speaking NCL runs the risk of slicing up the cake into smaller pieces rather than increasing the size of the cake.

Jamesair1
16th Sep 2023, 15:55
Despite the area served by the airport, it seems to marching on towards and maybe past the 5m pax figure again....I once read that that is the threshold that airlines look for when considering serving a new airport.

SWBKCB
16th Sep 2023, 16:44
NCL exceeded 5m in the period 2005-2008. The peak in 2007 was 5.6m. 2017, 2018, 2019 were also over 5m, although 2019 was low than 17 and 18.

jensdad
16th Sep 2023, 18:03
Other than Venice (one of world tourism's most desirable destinations) and Geneva (UN capital and world banking centre), Newcastle is the smallest city in Emirates' European network.*

* I had a bit too much time on my hands one day during lockdown.

One problem NCL, and Newcastle upon Tyne, has is that we are relatively isolated by English standards, and this leads to an overblown sense of how big or important we really are. We see it in the way NUFC fans got their local MP to ask questions in the House of Commons because a football team that hasn't won the league since 1927 committed the moral outrage of finishing 12th; The way people think that Northumberland has the most stunning coastline in the world (I've actually heard people say that) when it doesn't even have the most stunning coastline between Newcastle and Edinburgh; I could go on.
And sad to say, we also have seen it here when folks have commented about how bad it is that we only have one flight a day to Dubai, and that it doesn't land at a very convenient time.
We punch well above our weight. The folks who run NCL should be looking for new routes, sure, but there's a sense of entitlement in our region that's very interesting for those of us with an interest in psychology and sociology.

Rant over, as people disarmingly say when they think they might've just upset one or two people :)

HotTowelSir
16th Sep 2023, 18:40
People seem to think Turkish would be keen to fly into NCL and offer connections through IST. I am not so sure. Wouldn't that just dilute their EDI route. Personally, wouldn't Pegasus into SAW be a more likely proposition, offering cheaper lower fares and service 4+ hours beyond towards the middle east hot-spots as well as Turkey itself. I think they are a better fit for the local demographic, moreso than mainline Turkish.

SWBKCB
16th Sep 2023, 19:36
Turkish have publically said that Newcastle and Bristol are in their development plans for the UK.

CabinCrewe
16th Sep 2023, 21:51
I think they are a better fit for the local demographic, moreso than mainline Turkish.
Don’t get that logic at all. The real aim for any TK route is long haul, full service connections and cheaper than EK. Pegasus don’t offer any of that.
Suspect there are not many using EDI TK from Newcastle conurbation, so doubt that is a worry for anyone. The dilutions would be for EK/KL/BA

HotTowelSir
16th Sep 2023, 22:03
Don’t get that logic at all. The real aim for any TK route is long haul, full service connections and cheaper than EK. Pegasus don’t offer any of that.
Suspect there are not many using EDI TK from Newcastle conurbation, so doubt that is a worry for anyone. The dilutions would be for EK/KL/BA

I get the difference between Emirates and Pegasus. Chalk and cheese. That's why I think Pegasus would be a better option for an Istanbul route. It wouldn't really erode any of Emirates long-haul, but it would offer cheaper alternatives in the mid-haul Arabian Gulf. Pegasus do indeed offer connectivity as well as very good onboard Do & Co catering (granted it's an added cost). Wizz Air channels cheap low cost to the same region via their eastern Europeam hubs due to demand driven for people to head off to DXB/AUH low cost vs full service and by all accounts do well. Pegasus offer a huge network around the region with connections all possible at SAW. Turkish operating a route a little over 100 miles from another airport seems a bit much. NCL isn't greater London.

chris1001
16th Sep 2023, 23:31
It’s such a shame that Covid scuppered LH Munich. Considering how well Frankfurt is doing I would love to see them give MUC another shot. Great route for both inbound and outbound passengers.

HH6702
17th Sep 2023, 16:45
Love the guessing of what next.

SN Would be nice but been there how many times again

EK rumoured to be going 2x daily evening flight to be added

TK have said they hope to add NCL

SAUDI - talks they maybe adding NCL but also talk of them off to GLA instead. Maybe EDI wins being in the middle ?

Aegean - hopefully we get a longer season maybe an extra flight per week can’t see it massively jumping up for next year

jet2/TUI - I’m sure they will grow with the odd new routes.. jet2 could easily do more city breaks but it’s making money on the routes rather than another PMI !

ryanair - hopefully we get the routes back and they continue to grow. Winter months will be the issue at ncl where to send the aircraft to make money no doubt they can fill a few more during summer months

Asturias56
17th Sep 2023, 18:55
"Love the guessing of what next."

Why?? Its pointless.................................

RA85684
17th Sep 2023, 19:17
"Love the guessing of what next."

Why?? Its pointless.................................

Wey aye with that attitude. What’s the point in anything then? Shall we all just give up discussing our hobby/passion/livelihood then?

Haway we’re all here for the same reason, aren’t we?

Asturias56
18th Sep 2023, 07:31
Up to a point - but the constant barrage of "who is coming next" is really useless

Much more interesting to discuss WHY they're coming (or not)

Hipennine
18th Sep 2023, 07:41
Up to a point - but the constant barrage of "who is coming next" is really useless

Much more interesting to discuss WHY they're coming (or not)

Hear, hear!

HH6702
18th Sep 2023, 13:50
Play ??

sunshine79
20th Sep 2023, 13:17
Ryanair announced its flying to PFO over winter with a NCL based a/c along with increasing capacity on the ALC and TFS routes

SWBKCB
24th Sep 2023, 09:48
What's going on?
Wroclaw flights (already booked and paid for) canx, refund/rebook but nothing availiable till March?

Not sure if this affects other FR routes

Ryanair Winter 23/24Speaking in Newcastle, Ryanair’s Dara Brady said: "Ryanair is pleased to provide even more choice and lower fares to our Newcastle customers for Winter 23/24 with 12 routes, including a new route to Paphos, and even more flights on two very popular Winter sun routes – Alicante and Tenerife. To support this growth, we will base two based aircraft at Newcastle Airport during Winter 23/24.” "

Ryanair’s new winter schedule for this year includes:

12 routes – including Alicante, Faro, Gran Canaria, Krakow, Malaga and Tenerife.

New Paphos route

Extra flights on two routes – Alicante (4x per week) and Tenerife (3x per week).

jensdad
25th Sep 2023, 00:00
I see the airline exec's definition of the phrase 'New Route' gets another airing there :)

GBYAJ
30th Sep 2023, 18:25
Hi, I’ve asked before but does anyone know about Ryanair to Milan next summer - has it been dropped or is there a chance the flights will be released soon???

GeorgeNTravels
30th Sep 2023, 19:03
Hi, I’ve asked before but does anyone know about Ryanair to Milan next summer - has it been dropped or is there a chance the flights will be released soon???

Prestwick airport have said in replies to people that their flights will be "released in October" but nothing other than that unfortunately.

In a press conference this week MoL said that next summer is their biggest schedule but that they may need to stimulate demand in the UK over the next 12 months.

MARKEYD
30th Sep 2023, 21:40

Ryanair doesn’t usually release there summer schedules till mid October so hang on in there
Most people don’t book till after Christmas anyway

SWBKCB
2nd Oct 2023, 07:49
Been mentioned on the Glasgow thread, but both Newcastle and Glasgow feature on a recent Turkish Airlines investors presentation as potential "Future Routes" (again)

https://investor.turkishairlines.com/documents/presentations/turkish-airlines-2023-roadshow-presentation(1).pdf

HH6702
3rd Oct 2023, 15:17
Summer 2025 holidays now on sale wonder if we will get something new

Jamesair1
3rd Oct 2023, 15:51
A comment......I spoke to a NCL couple on a cruise last week and asked them how they travelled to BCN to join the ship. Answer...."with no way of getting there direct from NCL we had to drive to LBA to get a direct flight...only an hour and half drive".....did you know that Ryanair flew from NCL direct.?..."NO...do they...wasn't in any of the information I looked at ?"

A little example of 'airport drift' and passengers lack of information on their local airport and what routes it serves.

JonnyH
9th Oct 2023, 06:28
LY-CHF seems to have been parked up since operating an inbound charter from Paris last week. Assuming it’s tech given another Klasjet positioned into operate the return after the game last week?

SWBKCB
9th Oct 2023, 06:37
It flew most of the way from France at 11,000ft, so yr probably right.

jmdavies86
9th Oct 2023, 15:09
A comment......I spoke to a NCL couple on a cruise last week and asked them how they travelled to BCN to join the ship. Answer...."with no way of getting there direct from NCL we had to drive to LBA to get a direct flight...only an hour and half drive".....did you know that Ryanair flew from NCL direct.?..."NO...do they...wasn't in any of the information I looked at ?"

A little example of 'airport drift' and passengers lack of information on their local airport and what routes it serves.

It may be that the cruise company who they booked with chose a specific airline as their transport provider from/to regional airports, which in this case would have been Jet2 - they also fly to BCN from BHX and MAN.

Jamesair1
10th Oct 2023, 07:24
It was Cunard who use BA and would have routed them via LHR. They were 'cruise only' passengers who wanted a few days in BCN before joining the ship. The wife told me that she did all of the flight bookings herself.

highwideandugly
10th Oct 2023, 19:41
I see St.James has been chosen to host Some games for Euro 2028..

Do you think the airport will extend available apron parking?…no development for 20 years..wonder if the government will provide funds to expand! 😀😀😀 ?

Jamesair1
11th Oct 2023, 08:00
AEGEAN AIRLINES to ATHENS now confirmed for a longer season Summer 24. Twice weekly Wed and SUN... 24th April - 23rd October

SWBKCB
11th Oct 2023, 11:26
Samson Executive Jet Centre, Newcastle International Airport’s exclusive private jet facility, has joined forces with Luxaviation, one of the world’s leading global aviation service providers. Luxaviation, headquartered in Luxembourg, manage and charter one of the largest fleets of private jets in the world and operates a global network of private aviation terminals, under the brand ExecuJet. As a result of the partnership, the North East based private aviation terminal will be added to ExecuJet’s worldwide network of over 100 locations, from Sydney to Dubai and Saint Maarten to Cape Town

https://www.newcastleairport.com/news-and-reporting/latest-news/new-partner-announced-for-newcastle-international-airports-private-jet-facility/

GrahamK
12th Oct 2023, 06:48
Couple of changes for FR S24 so far:
Milan BGY from 2 x weekly to 4 x weekly
Barcelona from 2 x weekly to 3 x weekly

SWBKCB
12th Oct 2023, 06:55
LY-CHF seems to have been parked up since operating an inbound charter from Paris last week. Assuming it’s tech given another Klasjet positioned into operate the return after the game last week?

Departed to Orly this morning

HH6702
12th Oct 2023, 12:41
Couple of changes for FR S24 so far:
Milan BGY from 2 x weekly to 4 x weekly
Barcelona from 2 x weekly to 3 x weekly

was looking last night
days of operation seems to change June 1st for a lot of routes.

im hoping this is when the 3rd aircraft is based ?

RA85684
12th Oct 2023, 15:47
Good to see! To be honest I’m surprised it isn’t BCN x4 and BGY x3 but I think it’s an absolute given that there’s much more to give on NCL-BCN so all but guaranteed growth there, and if BGY has performed strongly enough to justify 4 weekly, and holds it up. Then brilliant!!

Third aircraft would be fantastic, let’s see. I hope Ryanair are looking at onboard spend because Geordies spend onboard like nobody else.

I wonder if Riga will come back, fares were always quite low from what I saw and it is a long-ish route. Fingers crossed, it’s nice to have a bit diversity.

A return of Madrid, Warsaw and Cork would be top of my wish list if we are in for any new routes. Closely followed by a couple of either Rome, Venice, Budapest, Pisa, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels or Valencia. A bit of competition on a Greek island or two, maybe Corfu or Rhodes, wouldn’t go amiss either.

Ryanair have potential at NCL, and they will make money. We just have to convince them to stay, because as we know, there is always *more* money elsewhere. But there is still money to be made out of NCL.

I would really like to see NCL-STN come back as well

GBYAJ
12th Oct 2023, 17:26
was looking last night
days of operation seems to change June 1st for a lot of routes.

im hoping this is when the 3rd aircraft is based ?

are these on the app - I can’t see them and want to book Milan!

ash666
12th Oct 2023, 17:46
are these on the app - I can’t see them and want to book Milan!

Don't ignore Bergamo.
Far better to stay there and get a 1 hour train into Milan for a day trip.

JonnyH
12th Oct 2023, 19:09
Don't ignore Bergamo.
Far better to stay there and get a 1 hour train into Milan for a day trip.

Thats where they fly to from NCL?

ash666
12th Oct 2023, 19:20
Thats where they fly to from NCL?

Yes, 20 mins easy bus ride to the bottom of the funicular, depending on your hotel/apartment position.
Feel free to pm me.

GayFriendly
12th Oct 2023, 21:20
Totally agree about Bergamo, a much nicer place to stay than Milan and also very easy (and closer than Milan) for day trips to Verona and Venice

Milan itself in my opinion only needs half a day for the main sights but is a good base to explore Lake Como and Maggiore

GBYAJ
12th Oct 2023, 21:34
Totally agree about Bergamo, a much nicer place to stay than Milan and also very easy (and closer than Milan) for day trips to Verona and Venice

Milan itself in my opinion only needs half a day for the main sights but is a good base to explore Lake Como and Maggiore

useful tips guys - but I still can’t see the flights 🤯

HH6702
12th Oct 2023, 23:43
BCN - all 3 flights done by none based
ZAD - both flights none based
BGY - 2x based 2x none based

ash666
13th Oct 2023, 03:45
useful tips guys - but I still can’t see the flights 🤯

I should add that it was my first experience of Ryan Air and they were excellent.
And by Bergamo I, and probably GayFriendly, mean the higher part called Citta Alta.
But train journeys to Verona and Venice look quite long, but that's probably getting away from the NCL forum objectives.

GeordieFlyer81
13th Oct 2023, 12:27
Good to see! To be honest I’m surprised it isn’t BCN x4 and BGY x3 but I think it’s an absolute given that there’s much more to give on NCL-BCN so all but guaranteed growth there, and if BGY has performed strongly enough to justify 4 weekly, and holds it up. Then brilliant!!

Third aircraft would be fantastic, let’s see. I hope Ryanair are looking at onboard spend because Geordies spend onboard like nobody else.

I wonder if Riga will come back, fares were always quite low from what I saw and it is a long-ish route. Fingers crossed, it’s nice to have a bit diversity.

A return of Madrid, Warsaw and Cork would be top of my wish list if we are in for any new routes. Closely followed by a couple of either Rome, Venice, Budapest, Pisa, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels or Valencia. A bit of competition on a Greek island or two, maybe Corfu or Rhodes, wouldn’t go amiss either.

Ryanair have potential at NCL, and they will make money. We just have to convince them to stay, because as we know, there is always *more* money elsewhere. But there is still money to be made out of NCL.

I would really like to see NCL-STN come back as well
Looking at programme loaded, it is still a 2 aircraft base with no new routes (though there’s still time) and FAO, RIX and SNN not yet loaded.

Some frequency increases:
ALC 9x wk
DUB 10x wk
BCN 3x wk
PMI 6x wk
WRO/CHQ/IBZ/ZAD/KRK/GDN/FUE/LPA/TFS/ACE all 2x wk
BGY 4x wk
AGP 3x wk

Based aircraft seems to fly a mixture of all destinations, with exception of BCN, ACE and ZAD which are purely non based aircraft.

Not sure how all this compares to Summer 23.

S24 does look like a capacity increase overall at NCL with extra based aircraft from TUI and increase in frequency from SunExpress and new flights by Southwind.

Jamesair1
13th Oct 2023, 13:24
Ryanair seems to have put all the Summer 24 flights on the timetable now from June onwards. Riga and Shannon have gone but the Polish routes are all back and Faro?? The big question is whether there will be any new routes to be announced.

RA85684
13th Oct 2023, 16:17
They can’t be finished yet. I’m sure we’ll be seeing Faro back. Very shocked if not. Plus they need to sort April and May out. Give it a few days or weeks and it’ll all come out in the wash I’m sure

GBYAJ
13th Oct 2023, 17:13
I must have blocked - can’t see Milan as bookable on the app!! Where are you guys getting your Ryanair info from??

ash666
13th Oct 2023, 17:30
They call it Milan-Bergamo, or the other way round

SWBKCB
13th Oct 2023, 17:31
Don't have the App, but BGY is on the website for next summer - apart from May and June as noted above.

GBYAJ
13th Oct 2023, 18:21
Don't have the App, but BGY is on the website for next summer - apart from May and June as noted above.

thanks. Just has a look - no good for May half term. Appreciate they may come later. TUI are usually rubbish for October half term from
NCL (finishing flights early) only Jet2 seem apply some regional sense!

GeordieFlyer81
14th Oct 2023, 08:50
From the TUI thread, looks like NCL will get 3 based 737MAX and 2 737-800, as well as the already mentioned partially based 788. Additional flights by Freebird again and Albastar for next summer, it’s quite an increase in capacity.

Also noticed EI have not yet put BHD on sale, DUB remains daily.

Asturias56
15th Oct 2023, 04:13
Half-term varies across the country - and it's only a week - no airline is going to build it's timetables around that - many have enough problems with 6-7 week school summer holidays which vary from June into September across the UK

GBYAJ
15th Oct 2023, 16:45
Half-term varies across the country - and it's only a week - no airline is going to build it's timetables around that - many have enough problems with 6-7 week school summer holidays which vary from June into September across the UK

jet2 do! The largest and most profitable tour operator 🤔

inOban
15th Oct 2023, 17:44
I've always assumed that the weeks between the end of the summer school holidays and the October break are filled by the many people who don't have school-age children and can take advantage of the lower prices. Most of the population in fact.

HH6702
16th Oct 2023, 07:59
From the TUI thread, looks like NCL will get 3 based 737MAX and 2 737-800, as well as the already mentioned partially based 788. Additional flights by Freebird again and Albastar for next summer, it’s quite an increase in capacity.

788 is based all week and will be doing Turkish flights when not long haul

GeordieFlyer81
16th Oct 2023, 13:19
788 is based all week and will be doing Turkish flights when not long haul

788 only partially based
Mondays and Fridays - Cancun
Tuesdays and Saturdays - Orlando (Tuesday flight is fortnightly)
Sundays - AYT and DLM

Jamesair1
16th Oct 2023, 15:56
SOUTHWIND AIRLINES commence seasonal service to ANTALYA ...FRIDAYS from 5th April - 4th Oct.

cr. Sean M.

Beatts
16th Oct 2023, 17:42
Turnover trebles at Newcastle International Airport as Covid recovery continues

4.18m passengers through the gates during the year.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/turnover-trebles-newcastle-international-airport-27919280

GeordieFlyer81
17th Oct 2023, 07:55
SOUTHWIND AIRLINES commence seasonal service to ANTALYA ...FRIDAYS from 5th April - 4th Oct.

cr. Sean M.

Semi charter service on behalf of Holiday Best. Coincidentally, Holiday Best originally were selling 4 weekly services to Turkey shown as operated by Southwind, however these have now decreased to just 1 AYT service.

Ryanair seems to have fully loaded their S24 schedule, with exception of FAO. The 2 based aircraft are fully utilised looking at the schedules, RIX and SNN appear to have been terminated.

TUI also scheduled to use Freebird again for a few of their services to DLM/AYT, with AlbaStar also listed as operating a weekly flight.

NCL traffic seems to be building up again, with increases from LS, TUI and FR. I seem to recall levels of 7 million passengers a year at one point in NCL history, have we surpassed that?

bigchrisfgb
17th Oct 2023, 10:27
So it looks like Saudia will be sponsoring NUFC more closely, maybe even introducing a route into Newcastle, which I do not think will be sustainable.

P330
17th Oct 2023, 11:45
Semi charter service on behalf of Holiday Best. Coincidentally, Holiday Best originally were selling 4 weekly services to Turkey shown as operated by Southwind, however these have now decreased to just 1 AYT service.

Ryanair seems to have fully loaded their S24 schedule, with exception of FAO. The 2 based aircraft are fully utilised looking at the schedules, RIX and SNN appear to have been terminated.

TUI also scheduled to use Freebird again for a few of their services to DLM/AYT, with AlbaStar also listed as operating a weekly flight.

NCL traffic seems to be building up again, with increases from LS, TUI and FR. I seem to recall levels of 7 million passengers a year at one point in NCL history, have we surpassed that?

How do we know FAO just hasn't been loaded yet and isn't terminated? FAO appears to be loaded for some other UK airports such as BHX and EMA....

MARKEYD
17th Oct 2023, 12:14
Well Faro hasn’t been loaded with Ryanair for S24 from any of the following

BFS
BRS
BOH
LBA
EXT
PIK

to name but a few so it will happen , it hasn’t been discontinued just a slow release

Derry321
17th Oct 2023, 13:14
Newcastle Airport wins Best Airport under 5 Million Passenger at Routes World Conference in Istanbul.

Massive achievement, and was the only UK airport nominated. This award is voted for by airlines themselves which shows how much respect they have for the team and the opportunity at Newcastle

AVGEEK7812
17th Oct 2023, 14:08
How do we know FAO just hasn't been loaded yet and isn't terminated? FAO appears to be loaded for some other UK airports such as BHX and EMA....

This made me laugh. FAO is so unlikely to be dropped with the amount of demand for holidays to the Algarve. Its not loaded from SNN & NOC either and other UK airports previous user mentioned.

OPO has loads of routes missing as well.

SWBKCB
17th Oct 2023, 15:20

Never mind Covid, NCL hasn't recovered yet from the 2008 financial crash. Highest year was 2007 with 5.6m

GeordieFlyer81
18th Oct 2023, 13:19
Never mind Covid, NCL hasn't recovered yet from the 2008 financial crash. Highest year was 2007 with 5.6m

I genuinely thought NCL had hit higher than that, so thanks for the info 😁

The more the regions economy grows and indeed the crisis hitting the UK, the more growth potential for routes there is. Let’s hope the recent modest expansion for NCL (and of course other UK airports) continues. I see the route network only expanding, thanks to incumbent airlines like FR and LS, as well as new carriers.

SJL26779
18th Oct 2023, 19:54
Corendon S25 now on sale. 2 x AYT per week on Wed / Sat. DLM to be released later, same as s24 was

Jamesair1
19th Oct 2023, 07:36
NCL seems to have missed out entirely on the new JET2 routes to Marrakesh and Agadir...I wonder why?

ATNotts
19th Oct 2023, 08:10
NCL seems to have missed out entirely on the new JET2 routes to Marrakesh and Agadir...I wonder why?
Probably because having researched to regional market through, amongst others, their network of travel agents they have established that NCL isn't likely to be a strong market, and better occupancy of contracted hotel beds can be achieved from other regions.

Why I can't imagine, unless its just that the local market favours the tried and tested 'Britain abroad' resorts.

Jamesair1
19th Oct 2023, 08:20
Interesting...... Tunisia and Egypt have always worked pretty well from NCL............I'm sure they know their market.

jensdad
19th Oct 2023, 12:27
I think Morocco has more of an image of a 'hippy trail' / cultural destination kind of trip. That probably doesn't appeal to as many folks in the North East who are more inclined to a more traditional beach holiday.
That isn't a criticism, btw; I myself prefer more of an 'exploration' type of holiday, but there's nowt wrang with a week in the sun for anyone from any part of the UK who've been grafting hard the rest of the year - two sets of my relatives are on beach hols at the moment.
(That said, I was actually looking at Tunisia for next year, to go and see Carthage etc. The sad situation in the Middle East will probably knock that on the head, though. )

Chesty Morgan
19th Oct 2023, 14:20
More likely is the fact the NCL won't allow Jet2 to base another airframe there.

Skipness One Foxtrot
19th Oct 2023, 14:36
More likely is the fact the NCL won't allow Jet2 to base another airframe there.
Won't allow another based frame? What's the rationale?

Chesty Morgan
19th Oct 2023, 17:30
You'll have to ask them because I can't think of one.

LiamNCL
19th Oct 2023, 23:05
Dont see what another based Jet2 aircraft would actually bring & with a 5th TUI based surely space would be tight for parking during the night when most land back. If its more seats Jet2 would like to add then maybe an upgrade of a handful of 737s to A321s would be the better idea when more are delivered.

RA85684
20th Oct 2023, 07:13
Having lost 3 based TCX frames and 3 based EZY frames in recent years, I reckon there would be space to add another overnighter or two, and if the airline offered, they’d make it work.

Another LS 738 would bring about an extra 14 weekly flights, give or take. And I reckon off the top of my head I could rattle off about 10 brand new routes that they could take their pick of to serve from here if they wanted to.

In the medium term, providing things continue as healthily as they seem to be, if overnight stand provision is becoming an issue, the airport are going to want to start thinking about how they address that. I can really see a market for at least 5 based frames from Ryanair by the end of the decade, and at least another aircraft each from Jet2 and TUI.

ATNotts
20th Oct 2023, 09:34
I'm puzzled. Why, during the winter season, would there be a requirement to base another aicraft to accommodate 4 additional departures per week??

RA85684
20th Oct 2023, 09:45
If every airline planned their operation around what they’d do on a cold dark Wednesday in January, nobody would bother getting into the industry.

The fact of the matter is that airlines make their money in the summer to get them through the winter and Jet2 are exceptionally good at making that summer season longer (notice flights to the Greek islands, for example, now extending into the second week of November) and making the winter more productive. Christmas markets, Iceland, ski flights and charters for other operators.

This hypothetical 9th (or is it 10th?) based aircraft would be busy March-October and they would find use for it somewhere in the network over the winter. The aircraft are coming, they have to use them somewhere.

Sotonsean
20th Oct 2023, 10:02
You'll have to ask them because I can't think of one.

Your location on your profile has it down as "stop being stupid, it's my turn"!

Now we know why 🤔

GeordieFlyer81
20th Oct 2023, 10:06
Perhaps the market in NCL catchment area does lean towards bucket and spade, traditional fly and flop beach destinations, you only need to look at the increase in flights to Turkey and traditional Spanish resorts to see the market is demanding more seats to these destinations from NCL. Perhaps research from the likes of LS, TUI etc has revealed there is little demand to what could be considered as more adventurous destinations such as Morocco?

I recall there were times when NCL had regular routes to European city destinations such as BUD, PRG, CPH and NCE. If these markets held profit, surely an airline would have stepped in. After-all airlines and tour operators will only go where there is market potential and profit to be had?

Capacity and choice is slowly increasing at NCL, with increases from Jet2 and TUI. Ryanair have been cautiously testing their new base, with some tried and tested destinations, as well as some new markets (some of which have been successful and some not so).

NCL witnessed some destinations return such as Tunisia, Egypt and Athens to name a few. I am surprised Wizz has not tried something from NCL, but then again perhaps they’ve looked and realised they could make more money elsewhere? After all their main market of Eastern Europe seems to be a bit hit and miss for NCL.

Stand wise for overnight parking, isn’t there 27 available stands? For S24 there is about 22 night stopping aircraft (9 LS, 5 TUI, 2 FR, 2 LM as well as the non based BA, AF, KL and mail flight), so there are spare stands but does the terminal and gate facilities have the capacity?

SWBKCB
20th Oct 2023, 10:19
I think Chesty has greater insight into Jet2 than anybody who has posted since

SWBKCB
20th Oct 2023, 11:18
If by mail flight you mean the FedEx/ASL, it doesn't night stop but gets back just as the first wave is departing. If push comes to shove it could relocate to apron G though that would be inconvenient for crew and kit.

fl dutchman
20th Oct 2023, 12:42

Is there a source for this ??

Sotonsean
20th Oct 2023, 13:18

Read post 1379.

The man who knows it all has the answer 😉

Chesty Morgan
20th Oct 2023, 20:13
Yes, the airport management.

GeordieFlyer81
21st Oct 2023, 08:31
Yes, the airport management.

More down to terminal and infrastructure challenges than actual parking stands?

CabinCrewe
21st Oct 2023, 22:02
The same source thats expecting daily Saudia 773 with a bus to the ‘toon?

HH6702
22nd Oct 2023, 06:07
TUI haven’t been able to get AGA off the ground yet always been cancelled before season starts

lets wait to see if they start it in 2024 as planned

Marrakesh I’m thinking is more of an Ryanair route If it was ever to happen

RA85684
22nd Oct 2023, 06:45
We haven’t got anyone starting Agadir in 2024, unfortunately.

I agree that Marrakech would probably be best suited to Ryanair.

Both Marrakech and Agadir are quite surprising omissions from our route network. I imagine we will see Jet2 start one or both at some point, and that could spur TUI on to launch Agadir. I can’t see why a small handful of weekly flights to Morocco wouldn’t work from NCL, especially with the critical mass of Jet2 and TUI’s package offers

HH6702
23rd Oct 2023, 03:45
It was on sale for 2024 so there’s the answer why Jet2 haven’t
no market for it.

let Ryanair try it first

RA85684
23rd Oct 2023, 06:33
I think you might be mistaken. Sharm El Sheikh and Sal are our only two new routes for Summer 2024. Agadir went on sale for Summer 2020 back in May 2019 and was never launched unfortunately.

You do have a valid point, they haven’t gone to the effort of re-launching it. Hopefully they reconsider at some point, we’ll see.

NCL-Morocco could well be a case of waiting for a bus, if Jet2 jump in, TUI could well follow to protect their market share. Africa is their “thing.”

Whether we see Ryanair jump in on Marrakech, who knows. But I hope they do.

DUB19
24th Oct 2023, 17:27

Aer Lingus BHD-NCL now on sale 1 daily

GBYAJ
24th Oct 2023, 20:15

just going back to this. Interesting to note that one week before October half term, Jet2 have 13 departures from NCl tomorrow giving loads of half term options☺️. TUI have 2 departures 🙁. I appreciate I’m the only one bothered by this but it does seem one has their eye on the regional market and the other not so!

JonnyH
24th Oct 2023, 21:02
just going back to this. Interesting to note that one week before October half term, Jet2 have 13 departures from NCl tomorrow giving loads of half term options☺️. TUI have 2 departures 🙁. I appreciate I’m the only one bothered by this but it does seem one has their eye on the regional market and the other not so!

I think you’re making a mountain of a molehill, personally, and looking into it far too much. Clearly, TUI’s transition from summer to winter scheduling is different to Jet2 and it has been this case, from what I can recall, with TUI for many, many years.

FYI - it’s actually 4 departures for TUI, not 2.

GBYAJ
24th Oct 2023, 21:12
I think you’re making a mountain of a molehill, personally, and looking into it far too much. Clearly, TUI’s transition from summer to winter scheduling is different to Jet2 and it has been this case, from what I can recall, with TUI for many, many years.

FYI - it’s actually 4 departures for TUI, not 2.

mmm, don’t think so. FYI PFO and TFS (per airport website).

I feel as though I’m helping the marketing team by highlighting a deficiency of holiday choice and options! The winter programme for the first week of November is no good for families with school age children :-)

JonnyH
24th Oct 2023, 21:17
mmm, don’t think so. Fyi pfo and tfs (per airport website).

I feel as though i’m helping the marketing team by highlighting a deficiency of holiday choice and options! The winter programme for the first weekmof november is no good for families with school age children :-)

rho @ 6am & pmi @ 6.15am. Likely positioning out almost empty admittedly.

ROC10
25th Oct 2023, 00:09
mmm, don’t think so. FYI PFO and TFS (per airport website).

I feel as though I’m helping the marketing team by highlighting a deficiency of holiday choice and options! The winter programme for the first week of November is no good for families with school age children :-)

Yes, the other two departures are just end-of-season positioning flights.

P.S. Isn’t half-term holiday this week, meaning school kids will be back next week?

GBYAJ
25th Oct 2023, 05:28
Yes, the other two departures are just end-of-season positioning flights.

P.S. Isn’t half-term holiday this week, meaning school kids will be back next week?

thats the point - no!

half term is next week so anyone wanting to go away will go Wednesday - Sunday this week but they’ll struggle with TUI from NCL!!

while it’s common knowledge that prices go up
for the school holidays, Jet2 move additional aircraft to NCL, summer routes start up in time for the last week of May etc etc TUi have just don’t bother for the NE October half term!

Slightly tongue in cheek but positioning flights are no good for a holiday!!

P330
25th Oct 2023, 06:28
Agree completely.

Half term is split in the region, but for most it is next week. We like to go away in October but have much reduced choice because of what you’ve explained. Thank goodness for Jet2.

JonnyH
25th Oct 2023, 07:58
thats the point - no!

half term is next week so anyone wanting to go away will go Wednesday - Sunday this week but they’ll struggle with TUI from NCL!!

while it’s common knowledge that prices go up
for the school holidays, Jet2 move additional aircraft to NCL, summer routes start up in time for the last week of May etc etc TUi have just don’t bother for the NE October half term!

Slightly tongue in cheek but positioning flights are no good for a holiday!!

It should be quite obvious why they don’t. Jet2 have a wider route network from NCL every summer and when it comes to October, the majority of TUI’s destinations are winding down in resort. Jet2 have obviously taken the decision to continue operating these routes slightly later.

This is the likes of Crete, Kos, Dalaman etc. In recent years, the weather for these resorts has been awful at this time of year, but thankfully for those visiting this year it will be better. Most of these resorts begin shutting down mid-October. It’s likely if you go to some resorts in these destinations then there won’t be a great deal open. I’ve had a family member experience this last week for a resort in Crete where most are beginning to shut up shop.

The fact Jet2 have seats to Heraklion on both Monday and Tuesday for £45 would tell you this isn’t as popular as you think. Consumers clearly will go with the Airline, which would be Jet2 in this case, with the most availability and routes but it’s not as black and white as you make it out to be. There clearly wouldn’t be enough demand, IMO, for two carriers to serve these sort of routes at this time of year.

Most would prefer to go to the Canaries and this is something that’s covered by TUI, Jet2 and Ryanair very frequently - especially during October-April.

Sometimes this forum makes me laugh, TUI have their downfalls but I’m pretty sure they have a decent revenue management team!

Asturias56
25th Oct 2023, 08:02
Much of the Med and N Africa sees a sudden change in weather around late October - even places like Morocco - and Malta in early November can be pretty unpleasant for example

GBYAJ
25th Oct 2023, 08:13
It should be quite obvious why they don’t. Jet2 have a wider route network from NCL every summer and when it comes to October, the majority of TUI’s destinations are winding down in resort. Jet2 have obviously taken the decision to continue operating these routes slightly later.

This is the likes of Crete, Kos, Dalaman etc. In recent years, the weather for these resorts has been awful at this time of year, but thankfully for those visiting this year it will be better. Most of these resorts begin shutting down mid-October. It’s likely if you go to some resorts in these destinations then there won’t be a great deal open. I’ve had a family member experience this last week for a resort in Crete where most are beginning to shut up shop.

The fact Jet2 have seats to Heraklion on both Monday and Tuesday for £45 would tell you this isn’t as popular as you think. Consumers clearly will go with the Airline, which would be Jet2 in this case, with the most availability and routes but it’s not as black and white as you make it out to be. There clearly wouldn’t be enough demand, IMO, for two carriers to serve these sort of routes at this time of year.

Most would prefer to go to the Canaries and this is something that’s covered by TUI, Jet2 and Ryanair very frequently - especially during October-April.

Sometimes this forum makes me laugh, TUI have their downfalls but I’m pretty sure they have a decent revenue management team!

jonny H 🤣
a casual observation that the largest and most profitable tour operator builds in NE half term while TUi don’t shouldn’t have upset you so much!

JonnyH
25th Oct 2023, 08:25
jonny H 🤣
a casual observation that the largest and most profitable tour operator builds in NE half term while TUi don’t shouldn’t have upset you so much!

It doesn’t upset me at all. I’m pointing out your complete ignorance to supply and demand as well as potential weather issues. It wasn’t a casual observation, either, from you. “TUI don’t seem to bother moving aircraft up to the NE at all!” TUI rely more on wet leases than Jet2 do and it’ll be far more economical for them to put an aircraft where they’re guaranteed to make money. But this business acumen seems to be lost on you.

You don’t seem to grasp either, like another poster has also mentioned, that the likes of Greece, Turkey and Malta can have unpleasant conditions this time of year and it’s pot luck. You could book anywhere and it could p*ss it down but it’s far more likely in the destinations that have been mentioned. Hence why less people would be interested in travelling somewhere where things may be closed and the weather is very hit and miss.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s a complete non story. NCL isn’t a London airport or pulling in anywhere near the numbers of Manchester, take your rose tinted glasses off and you might see the bigger picture!

GBYAJ
25th Oct 2023, 08:26
It doesn’t upset me at all. I’m pointing out your complete ignorance to supply and demand as well as potential weather issues. It wasn’t a casual observation, either.

You don’t seem to grasp, like another poster has also mentioned, that the likes of Greece, Turkey and Malta can have unpleasant conditions this time of year and it’s pot luck. You could book anywhere and it could p*ss it down but it’s far more likely in the destinations that have been mentioned. Hence why less people would be interested in travelling somewhere where things may be closed and the weather is very hit and miss.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s a complete non story.

😡

totally get it. Jet 2 have the supply and demand.

if only SHH and ,Cape Verde started a week earlier….

JonnyH
25th Oct 2023, 08:37
😡

totally get it. Jet 2 have the supply and demand.

if only SHH and ,Cape Verde started a week earlier….

Agreed. Sometimes the schedule makes no sense and it would have made sense to have SSH, at the very least, to be starting but it’s the summer/winter changeover.

You cannot underestimate people’s willingness to travel to other bases now though - the likes of Manchester etc. Let’s be honest, leisure travel is no longer anywhere near as cheap as it has been in the past, especially in the school holidays, and the prices charged especially from NCL are now becoming unaffordable for many. I’d say this is one of NCL’s biggest challenges moving forward along with not having the space in the summer to expand the base.

RA85684
25th Oct 2023, 12:24
Yeah it’s awful.

I’m responding from the beach at Agios Nikolaos, todays the worst day we’ve had. It’s 27 degrees and scattered cloud, I’ve only had 5 cans of Mythos and I’m miserable.

Don’t get me started on Chania over the weekend. 34 quid for the flight from Newcastle. Absolute rip off. And 29 degrees every day. Sunny. Too hot. Terrible. Wish we hadn’t come.

Getting the ferry to Rhodes on Saturday, I expect it’ll be just as crap. Everyone else must be of the same mind considering the last 3 flights back in November are sold out.

Sarcasm aside, we fly back ATH-RHO-EDI on 7th November and it was £80 each. Fantastic time to be over here. We didn’t expect the weather but we got it. And we aren’t jostling for space on the beach. I wish we could have flown back into NCL, and always would given the choice, but we miss the last Aegean and Jet2 wanted £300 so EDI won (even though it’s a toilet)

TUI are much more regimented and Jet2 far more flexible, it’s just the way they operate and it works for them.

Your average holidaymakers don’t base their destination on anything other than price or availability. So if you wanna go away in half term. You go where the planes go. Or if you’re bothered about WHERE you go, you find a route there. As we have. Simple as that.

JonnyH
25th Oct 2023, 14:23
Yeah it’s awful.

I’m responding from the beach at Agios Nikolaos, todays the worst day we’ve had. It’s 27 degrees and scattered cloud, I’ve only had 5 cans of Mythos and I’m miserable.

Don’t get me started on Chania over the weekend. 34 quid for the flight from Newcastle. Absolute rip off. And 29 degrees every day. Sunny. Too hot. Terrible. Wish we hadn’t come.

Getting the ferry to Rhodes on Saturday, I expect it’ll be just as crap. Everyone else must be of the same mind considering the last 3 flights back in November are sold out.

Sarcasm aside, we fly back ATH-RHO-EDI on 7th November and it was £80 each. Fantastic time to be over here. We didn’t expect the weather but we got it. And we aren’t jostling for space on the beach. I wish we could have flown back into NCL, and always would given the choice, but we miss the last Aegean and Jet2 wanted £300 so EDI won (even though it’s a toilet)

TUI are much more regimented and Jet2 far more flexible, it’s just the way they operate and it works for them.

Your average holidaymakers don’t base their destination on anything other than price or availability. So if you wanna go away in half term. You go where the planes go. Or if you’re bothered about WHERE you go, you find a route there. As we have. Simple as that.

“but thankfully for those visiting this year it will be better” 😉

Agreed regarding Aegean though, I’m looking at travelling to Heraklion from NCL during May half-term and it’s looking like it’s going to be £300 cheaper per person, it’s incredible.

Personally, I don’t know how NCL is seeing growth and I cannot see it growing much further given it’s mainly leisure. As I mentioned previously, prices are crazy and charging a family over £1k per person for a week down in Tenerife is crazy.

LiamNCL
25th Oct 2023, 14:59
Jet2 keep their based aircraft where they are almost all year round at all their bases so they have to find something for them to do for longer so that really explains why they extend their seasons and if it works good for them. TUI shift aircraft around during winter as they fly to places Jet2 dont, Two different models and both seem happy with them its not just Newcastle where TUI stop flying to Greece etc in October its almost every base.

SWBKCB
25th Oct 2023, 15:04
Personally, I don’t know how NCL is seeing growth and I cannot see it growing much further given it’s mainly leisure.

How many airports aren't mainly leisure?

JonnyH
25th Oct 2023, 17:29
How many airports aren't mainly leisure?

Most are. I didn’t say they weren’t.

Newcastle’s problem is that we only have FR competing on mainly the Spanish routes with Jet2. Other airports benefit from not having a monopoly controlling the market for the area and setting high prices.

My personal opinion is we could really benefit from A) EasyJet returning and basing an aircraft or B) Ryanair basing another couple of aircraft. Unfortunately, neither likely to happen IMO.

SWBKCB
25th Oct 2023, 18:09
A 5 a/c TUI base isn't insignificant - I would have thought that if RYR believed that Jet2 were making monopoly profits at NCL they would be after them like a rat up a drainpipe. Similarly there is no reason why EZY couldn't be doing a lot more non-based flying rather than the handful of Palma's a week.

GBYAJ
25th Oct 2023, 18:18
Having a slight smile here, I’ve suggested TUI could extend their summer programme by a week (and Ryanair start Milan a week earlier next year) to accommodate school holidays and virtually been blasted for it from all angles. then the chat turns to new based aircraft! I think mine is the cheaper option 😹

anyway I’m sure if London or the South west had half term in the first week of November the TUI programme would reflect this!

I’ll get my coat this time and say no more!

JonnyH
25th Oct 2023, 22:00
Having a slight smile here, I’ve suggested TUI could extend their summer programme by a week (and Ryanair start Milan a week earlier next year) to accommodate school holidays and virtually been blasted for it from all angles. then the chat turns to new based aircraft! I think mine is the cheaper option 😹

anyway I’m sure if London or the South west had half term in the first week of November the TUI programme would reflect this!

You’re smiling over an opinion on whether TUI should stay an extra week at a base? You clearly have no understanding of how airlines work, dynamic pricing, revenue management etc.

If you have less supply but more demand prices go up. If you have demand that is less than supply (seats) prices will go down. More supply with less demand brings prices down. What don’t you understand?

I am no fan of TUI’s business model but right now you’re trying to bait people and talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.

chris1001
25th Oct 2023, 22:45
I never understand why Jet2 don’t offer more flights to ski destinations if their aircraft are under utilised in winter months. One flight a week is no good for people who want a long weekend skiing. Newcastle could easily sustain 3 x weekly Geneva, Salzburg and Munich.

GBYAJ
26th Oct 2023, 06:02
You’re smiling over an opinion on whether TUI should stay an extra week at a base? You clearly have no understanding of how airlines work, dynamic pricing, revenue management etc.

If you have less supply but more demand prices go up. If you have demand that is less than supply (seats) prices will go down. More supply with less demand brings prices down. What don’t you understand?

I am no fan of TUI’s business model but right now you’re trying to bait people and talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.

jonny calm down! As a punter I’ve expressed my disappointment at a lack of choice at certain periods in the year and compared two operators (but without going into any detail of their business models except. Noting from a very high level that one is more profitable than the other)

Many posts ago there was lots of “I can see Aegean doing a longer season” before it was announced And no mention of dynamic pricing etc!
I merely suggest an opportunity to add a few flights and crickey it’s not like I’m suggesting reopening DSA or a full FR bae at MME without a full cost analysis and business plan!

Hipennine
26th Oct 2023, 08:54

I think you have reverse identified a key factor in the TUI flight programme. Their flight programme is almost universally to support the package holiday operation. That operation includes a whole load of resort based staffing, accommodation contracts etc. At some level of demand, that resort based operation is no longer cost-effective - (possibly at the end of the London/SE/SW half term holidays?), so it is shut down until next year. It may provide some marginal additional revenue to the airline to continue for an extra week ex NCL, but cost the whole integrated business.

highwideandugly
27th Oct 2023, 09:22
Strange operational goings on this morning!

Ryanair Palma Teesside flight diverted in early due fog at Teesside.

After an hour on the ground appears to have departed back to Teesside..weather there actually worse than when it diverted!
Proceeded to enter a hold to the west of Teesside..at time of writing still there!

Meanwhile the KLM Amsterdam …which was Also holding for 30 mins..diverts to Edinburgh..over the top..Newcastle weather fine?

Strange !decisions and obviously money to burn by those airlines! Not sure what the passengers know!

highwideandugly
27th Oct 2023, 09:34
Update..KLM just landing at Edinburgh..Newcastle weather fine!
Ryanair looks like he’s off back to Palma!

Customer always comes first!

SWBKCB
27th Oct 2023, 09:34
Strange operational goings on this morning!

Ryanair Palma Teesside flight diverted in early due fog at Teesside.

After an hour on the ground appears to have departed back to Teesside..weather there actually worse than when it diverted!
Proceeded to enter a hold to the west of Teesside..at time of writing still there!

Meanwhile the KLM Amsterdam …which was Also holding for 30 mins..diverts to Edinburgh..over the top..Newcastle weather fine?

Strange !decisions and obviously money to burn by those airlines! Not sure what the passengers know!

Shouldn't Teesside weather diversions be on the Teesside thread?

And the RYR has given up holding and heading south - like the one the other week that made an approach after diverting to NCL.

highwideandugly
27th Oct 2023, 10:37
My post was about both airports!
Just not sure why such(what appears) to be an operational mess appeared to happen..have Newcastle huffed KLM…or are there no busses available to transport between the two?

Passengers are the losers here..and the environment!

SWBKCB
27th Oct 2023, 10:53
My post was about both airports!
Just not sure why such(what appears) to be an operational mess appeared to happen..have Newcastle huffed KLM…or are there no busses available to transport between the two?

Passengers are the losers here..and the environment!

Or a million and one other reasons. Why do people try and read so much into the decisions to divert? As for KLM, the four flights a day seem to be operating OK.

GeordieFlyer81
29th Oct 2023, 08:16
FR Faro now on sale for S24, 3x week by FAO based aircraft.

RA85684
29th Oct 2023, 11:58
Is that a decrease on S23, why do I have it in my head that FAO was 4 weekly? Could be wrong. Doesn’t looks like they’ve put Teesside back up (yet?). LBA is also on sale at 4pw for S24

GeordieFlyer81
4th Nov 2023, 09:16
Reports on Twitter (X) from posts who have allegedly seen S24 slot requests that there are some new requests made?

ATNotts
4th Nov 2023, 09:48
Reports on Twitter (X) from posts who have allegedly seen S24 slot requests that there are some new requests made?
It would be great if you'd credited the source. I feel sure #seanm1997 deserves it!

AVGEEK7812
4th Nov 2023, 10:50
It would be great if you'd credited the source. I feel sure #seanm1997 deserves it!

great catch. Hate when people post and don’t give people SeanM1997 the credit they deserve

GeordieFlyer81
4th Nov 2023, 10:52
My apologies, SeanM1997 does indeed deserve the credit!

SJL26779
4th Nov 2023, 14:08
It appears that 2 dreamliners are positioning from Phuket and Goa ready to collect passengers from Paphos and Antalya back to Newcastle, both due in later tonight

JonnyH
6th Nov 2023, 08:26
7 charters today from NCL heading to Dortmund including 3 Jet2 with one of those being a 757.

Good to see plenty of movements regardless of who you support!

ash666
6th Nov 2023, 09:12
What is the Jet2 757 from Manchester 's story?

SWBKCB
6th Nov 2023, 09:17
What is the Jet2 757 from Manchester 's story?

See post #1426!

ash666
6th Nov 2023, 09:55
See post #1426!

A-ha! I was walking along the prom in bright sunshine and only roughly saw that post when I saw it over the lighthouse.
So just an empty plane movement, then (deadheading?).

JonnyH
6th Nov 2023, 21:25
Alicante 2x weekly loaded from April 24 for EasyJet.

CREDIT: @SeanM1997

HH6702
6th Nov 2023, 21:56
Alicante 2x weekly loaded from April 24 for EasyJet.

CREDIT: @SeanM1997

hopefully they will add FAO & AGP also

SWBKCB
8th Nov 2023, 06:32
Newcastle International Airport has begun the search for a contractor to undertake runway rehabilitation works worth £20M. This is part of the airport's runway resurfacing programme. Work includes a runway surface rehabilitation, localised deep inlays, construction of additional blast strip, new runway and taxiway surface markings and an upgrade of all existing aeronautical ground lighting to LED.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/latest/contractor-search-begins-for-20m-newcastle-airport-runway-job-07-11-2023/

SJL26779
8th Nov 2023, 07:00
hopefully they will add FAO & AGP also

FAO Shows on the app already but isnt bookable

HH6702
8th Nov 2023, 23:14
The above goes on sale today let’s see if anything new

RA85684
8th Nov 2023, 23:43
Copy and paste of S24 for now, I would expect. Further announcements or expansion will probably happen over the course of the coming months.

Let’s see what the morning brings

AVGEEK7812
9th Nov 2023, 03:23
Copy and paste of S24 for now, I would expect. Further announcements or expansion will probably happen over the course of the coming months.

Let’s see what the morning brings

Exactly. Its way two early yet for full schedule and ruling out new routes. TUI usually review it around April time as well and announce new routes then.

Jamesair1
15th Nov 2023, 08:24
Jet 2 is already adding extra late season flights to its Summer 24 schedule....additional flights to IBIZA, REUS, PALMA, ZANTE, MAHON and FUERTEVENTURA

HH6702
15th Nov 2023, 15:40
Jet 2 is already adding extra late season flights to its Summer 24 schedule....additional flights to IBIZA, REUS, PALMA, ZANTE, MAHON and FUERTEVENTURA

Fantastic news let’s hope more to come

milhouse999
26th Nov 2023, 10:14
Not sure if mentionned previously - TUI have added Sundays to CFU May to September. Sundays were last operated by Easyjet prior to their departure.

There's been limitations on this route since EZY and TCL left. Good to see an increase for 24.

HH6702
26th Nov 2023, 19:45
Not sure if mentionned previously - TUI have added Sundays to CFU May to September. Sundays were last operated by Easyjet prior to their departure.

There's been limitations on this route since EZY and TCL left. Good to see an increase for 24.

don’t think it has so thanks for the update

LiamNCL
8th Dec 2023, 18:50
Looks like TUI have dropped Hurghada for S24 with it resuming again in W24. Leaves a spare slot Tuesday and Friday PM

HH6702
8th Dec 2023, 20:16
Looks like TUI have dropped Hurghada for S24 with it resuming again in W24. Leaves a spare slot Tuesday and Friday PM

have you got a timetable already worked out which you could post or email me please ?

hopefully it will be something new but most likely more Turkish or Spanish flights

LiamNCL
8th Dec 2023, 22:31
have you got a timetable already worked out which you could post or email me please ?

hopefully it will be something new but most likely more Turkish or Spanish flights

Yes i have mocked a timetable up months ago when S24 got announced and have updated it tonight. AYT all on TUI aircraft now after originally having some 3rd party operations. Some interesting situations that need resolved though like Wednesday Afternoon departures, there is 5x departures in the afternoon but the morning LCA departs 8am so wont return before those 5x PM Departures & Saturday PM showing 6 Afternoon departures on TUI aircraft.

highwideandugly
9th Dec 2023, 17:58
Lots of diversions due wind tonight…anyone explain why a major airport! Like Newcastle can’t seem to accept more than a couple of those diversions …to help partner airlines out?

Chesty Morgan
9th Dec 2023, 18:33
Not enough stands.

ezyBoh
9th Dec 2023, 18:37
Lots of diversions due wind tonight…anyone explain why a major airport! Like Newcastle can’t seem to accept more than a couple of those diversions …to help partner airlines out?

The airport will have its own scheduled services and the staff will be assigned to these flights. There isn't an infinite number of staff for lots of extra flights so a limit has to be set. Obviously in extreme circumstances if you need to land, then you land. Then there is the issue of possible ground transportation for pax and crews to their original destination. Again there isn't an infinite number of coaches etc, especially at night. Drivers are limited by hours so may have worked their permitted number of hours.

SWBKCB
9th Dec 2023, 18:59

Were there lots? Looks like single figures from MAN and LBA, of which Newcastle took it's fair share.

And the answer is the same as it always is whenever the question gets asked.

highwideandugly
9th Dec 2023, 19:05
I’m sure a few years ago..ash clouds days..17 ish JET 2 diversions? Maybe my memory!

BA B747s etc ,Emirates etc..

But wonder on a quiet Saturday night what the reasons are ..that’s all!
Sorry for Fuerteventura to Leeds passengers ..all the way to Edinburgh!

Whatever happened to customer services! Maybe the extra revenue isn’t worth it?

SWBKCB
9th Dec 2023, 19:19
If FR24 is correct, there wer 6 divs from MAN and 5 from LBA - NCL took 3, EDI 2, LHR 2 (including the MAN SHT returning), EMA 1, STN 1 (G-NEWG returning) MAN 1 (KLM from LBA!) and LGW 1 (a Lufty), so NCL took more than anywhere else and airports nearer than NCL took less (though LPL and EMA had similar winds).

Exceptional circumstances such as the ash cloud are different, as ezyBoh has explained.

tictack67
10th Dec 2023, 07:36
If FR24 is correct, there wer 6 divs from MAN and 5 from LBA - NCL took 3, EDI 2, LHR 2 (including the MAN SHT returning), EMA 1, STN 1 (G-NEWG returning) MAN 1 (KLM from LBA!) and LGW 1 (a Lufty), so NCL took more than anywhere else and airports nearer than NCL took less (though LPL and EMA had similar winds).

Exceptional circumstances such as the ash cloud are different, as ezyBoh has explained.

FR shows EDI took 4 Leeds diverts, and a SK CPH-DUB earlier the day

SWBKCB
10th Dec 2023, 07:44
FR shows EDI took 4 Leeds diverts, and a SK CPH-DUB earlier the day

Yes, three late evening RYR divs from LBA after my original post.

tictack67
10th Dec 2023, 07:58
Yes, three late evening RYR divs from LBA after my original post.

EDI also took a Jet2 from FUE-LBA, NCL didn't take the most diverts in the end, in fact EDI did.

GeordieFlyer81
10th Dec 2023, 10:46
Yes i have mocked a timetable up months ago when S24 got announced and have updated it tonight. AYT all on TUI aircraft now after originally having some 3rd party operations. Some interesting situations that need resolved though like Wednesday Afternoon departures, there is 5x departures in the afternoon but the morning LCA departs 8am so wont return before those 5x PM Departures & Saturday PM showing 6 Afternoon departures on TUI aircraft.

The Albastar PMI rotation on Mondays has also been removed, with TUI operated service added in the AM.

Looking at programme, so timing changes inevitable.

SWBKCB
10th Dec 2023, 10:49
The Albastar PMI rotation on Mondays has also been removed, with TUI operated service added in the AM.

Looking at programme, so timing changes inevitable.

So what's the current state of play with TUI based a/c for next summer now?

GeordieFlyer81
10th Dec 2023, 11:11
Still 5 based 737 and part based 787, just some re-jig of timings I suspect.

Jamesair1
13th Dec 2023, 15:38
JET 2 are extending the season for VERONA flights for summer 24 and 25.

CR. JET2 website

HH6702
14th Dec 2023, 17:42
The above has been updated to show Summer 2024

Jamesair1
25th Dec 2023, 07:35
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on here and hoping that we have a lot of news to get excited about at NCL in 2024.

HH6702
25th Dec 2023, 15:36
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on here and hoping that we have a lot of news to get excited about at NCL in 2024.

same to you.
yes hopefully be a exciting year with lots of positives

JonnyH
28th Dec 2023, 07:06
G-NEOT has been stuck here for 8 days now which is pretty unusual. What’s up with it?

CabinCrewe
28th Dec 2023, 15:51
they quite often reduce schedules and keep aircraft grounded over festive period, maybe just that?

SWBKCB
28th Dec 2023, 18:26
Airport have announced EZY to Alicante for next summer

MARKEYD
28th Dec 2023, 18:52
This was announced back in November with EasyJet have they only just got the news ?

GrahamK
29th Dec 2023, 06:12
G-NEOT has been stuck here for 8 days now which is pretty unusual. What’s up with it?
Very broken

Jamesair1
5th Jan 2024, 15:43
Emirates reporting that GLA and NCL top its UK list for forward bookings in 2024 with GLA up 66% and NCL up 56%........might we see additional frequencies?

cr. Travel Weekly

SWBKCB
5th Jan 2024, 15:54
I would imagine they are both still catching up on the others get those increases - NCL certainly re-started later than elsewhere and GLA have moved up to the 380.

NCL's DXB figures for OCT 23 were about 1,200 up on OCT 19 and 5,000 on OCT 22.

Positive news though

CabinCrewe
5th Jan 2024, 18:47
EDI slots would be the half-way house to gain capacity for both zones

SWBKCB
5th Jan 2024, 19:01

Don't think it's needed at the mo.

GrahamK
6th Jan 2024, 06:24
Think we'll see double daily at GLA before that happens

Jamesair1
6th Jan 2024, 07:33
I'm sure you're right but there were posts on here a few months ago, saying that Emirates had applied for extra slots at NCL for 2024.

FRatSTN
6th Jan 2024, 09:44
Think we'll see double daily at GLA before that happens
I'm not so sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see a single daily 777 at EDI along with the daily A380 at GLA. I'd have thought if EK were committed to reinstating the second daily GLA flight they'd have done so by now. Every other UK station has now been at pre-Covid capacity for some time.

Flightrider
6th Jan 2024, 15:42
I would be surprised if you saw any meaningful growth from EK at any of GLA, NCL or EDI before 2025. A380 fleet constraints with wing spar inspections means that the fleet is nowhere near back to full capacity and the 777s are heavily tasked as a result. As and when you see some new airframes joining the fleet and the A380s coming back in meaningful numbers, you're likely to have a splurge of growth at that time - but it's over a year away, from what I'm told.

highwideandugly
21st Jan 2024, 18:30
I see the NE airports are stepping up to the plate tonight in order to help the many aircraft looking for somewhere to land in these awful conditions 🤔

highwideandugly
21st Jan 2024, 18:57
Must have heard me!😀

SWBKCB
21st Jan 2024, 19:04
I see the NE airports are stepping up to the plate tonight in order to help the many aircraft looking for somewhere to land in these awful conditions 🤔

Wrong thread

highwideandugly
21st Jan 2024, 19:39
Pity The airport has a minimalistic view on diversions! Could pay a few wages down the line!

ash666
22nd Jan 2024, 04:26
KLM, Ryanair, Jet2.... no problem.
BA - cancelled.

Why is NCL the first airport on the list that BA cancels at the first hint of a problem?
I can't believe LHR has worse conditions that here.

ib26uk
22nd Jan 2024, 05:55
I'm at Glasgow Airport waiting for an easyJet to Gatwick and all BA services are cancelled here too

SWBKCB
22nd Jan 2024, 06:11
This isn't a NCL issue but is common to all the big network providers and especially those in slotted constrained airports where it is more difficult to slot in diverted/re-arranged flights than the quieter regional airports (but as this is the NCL thread RYR have cancelled DUB last night and this morning and KLM AMS later),

The theory is to try and maintain the network by having aircraft/crew in the right place at the right time, so you cancel routes where there are multiple flights a day (so pax can be rebooked) or alternative means of transport (so road/rail), which means that short, especially domestic flights are top of the list.

This is less of an option for Jet2/RYR/EZY where at this time of year especially they may be operating just a few flights a week between regional airports where there are fewer alternatives.

Looking at FR24, RYR had a DUB flight end up in BOD and three EDI flts in CGN, and Jet2 had a BFS flt in CDG.

highwideandugly
22nd Jan 2024, 06:28
Still some strange diversions!
Apparently..
Newcastle only accept 2 under normal circumstances 30 ish stands..probably could have done more last night to help some very sweaty pilots
and passengers?

Chesty Morgan
22nd Jan 2024, 07:31
Still some strange diversions!
Apparently..
Newcastle only accept 2 under normal circumstances 30 ish stands..probably could have done more last night to help some very sweaty pilots
and passengers?
All that's needed is a mayday...

ash666
22nd Jan 2024, 07:56
The airport and the flights that did come and go did very well given that the wind gusts this morning were 76mph and the strongest gust in the uk was recorded near Alnwick at 99mph.

SWBKCB
23rd Jan 2024, 18:05
Due to strong demand, EZY have added a Sunday Geneva flight through February - Airport FB

chris1001
25th Jan 2024, 19:21
Grateful for the extra flight but who wants to return from a ski trip with a 7am departure from Geneva? With a two hour check-in and average 2 hour transfer that means leaving resort at 3am.

SWBKCB
25th Jan 2024, 19:28
The Saturday flight leaves only 20 minutes later and must be doing OK

Diff Tail Shim
27th Jan 2024, 23:57
The airport and the flights that did come and go did very well given that the wind gusts this morning were 76mph and the strongest gust in the uk was recorded near Alnwick at 99mph.
It was horrible on the ramp.

Jamesair1
3rd Feb 2024, 07:57
A check on the Loganair timetable for the peak summer period shows quite a cutback from NCL this summer:-

ABERDEEN .... 10 WEEKLY
BERGEN ....... 2 WEEKLY
EXETER ......... 5 WEEKLY
NEWQUAY ........2 WEEKLY
SOUTHAMPTON .. 15 WEEKLY
STAVANGER......3 WEEKLY

Part of a general cutback UK wide

cr SEAN M

LW940
3rd Feb 2024, 08:06
A check on the Loganair timetable for the peak summer period shows quite a cutback from NCL this summer:-

ABERDEEN .... 10 WEEKLY
BERGEN ....... 3 WEEKLY
EXETER ......... 5 WEEKLY
NEWQUAY ........2 WEEKLY
SOUTHAMPTON .. 15 WEEKLY
STAVANGER......3 WEEKLY

Part of a general cutback UK wide

cr SEAN M

how does that compare to the offering before the cuts?

ash666
3rd Feb 2024, 09:21
What is the feedback on the new lounge?
It seems smaller than the old one which got very crowded and no nibbles/biscuits etc to eat that I could see.
However, the toilets are massively improved.

Jamesair1
3rd Feb 2024, 15:25
the LM offering for summer 24 before the cuts was.

ABERDEEN.........10 WKLY (NO CHANGE)
BERGEN..............2 WKLY (NO CHANGE)
EXETER.............. 5 WKLY (NO CHANGE)
NEWQUAY.......... 2 WKLY (NO CHANGE)
SOUTHAMPTON..18 WKLY ( 3 LESS)
STAVANGER....... 6 WKLY (3 LESS)

The connection with OSLO (via ABZ) has gone with the cancellation of the ABZ - OSLO route

**error on my earlier post...BERGEN should have read 2 wkly.

Falcon900LX
5th Feb 2024, 21:42
Not sure if previously mentioned, FedEx are ceasing ops at NCL from April.

Jamesair1
5th Feb 2024, 22:24
Not sure if previously mentioned, FedEx are ceasing ops at NCL from April.

Not heard that before....that really is bad news and very disappointing.

Robert-Ryan
5th Feb 2024, 22:38
And reported elsewhere as moving to MME with a possible switch to ATRs

SWBKCB
5th Feb 2024, 23:05
Especially with two flights operating tonight!

Falcon900LX
11th Feb 2024, 19:20
Ryanair look to be basing a 3rd aircraft from May until early October depending on aircraft availability. If it happens it will reduce the amount of out of base operations into NCL. FR are currently recruiting more crew for the base this season.

HH6702
12th Feb 2024, 00:50
Ryanair look to be basing a 3rd aircraft from May until early October depending on aircraft availability. If it happens it will reduce the amount of out of base operations into NCL. FR are currently recruiting more crew for the base this season.

good news but rather they added some new routes

HH6702
20th Feb 2024, 22:31
The above is starting to be loaded and on sale

Jamesair1
22nd Feb 2024, 15:37
I'm reading about more changes to FEDEX routes which seems to cut MME out of the plans.....does this mean the NCL flights will remain?

GrahamK
27th Feb 2024, 07:02
Some changes to the LH FRA service. Daily service resumes from the end of march, but using a leased CityJet CRJ-1000 instead of the usual mix of CRJ-900/E190.

ash666
27th Feb 2024, 08:22
I currently have the misfortune to be at NCL.
The security is choas as well over 50% of bags get sent for a hand check and laptops, phones, pads etc taken away for check-in, even with the laughably called fast-track.
And the new lounge is completely full and can't get in.
Is there a worse airport in the world?