PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth-4

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Dropoffcharge
10th Feb 2019, 18:23
Apparently Kruger Aviation have intensions on building a facility at BOH, anyone know or heard of them? Are they possibly a similar outfit to Gama? (maintenance etc)

tibbs87
10th Feb 2019, 19:40
Apparently Kruger Aviation have intensions on building a facility at BOH, anyone know or heard of them? Are they possibly a similar outfit to Gama? (maintenance etc)

Possibly this company? Based in Hamburg? Homepage - Krüger Aviation (http://www.krueger-aviation.de/en/)

MARKEYD
12th Feb 2019, 13:26
Still no passenger figures available for Nov / Dec in relation to the 7 Santa charters and the Bergen / Barbados flights
The Santa flights did, in fact, go full on nearly all occasions in Dec which should add another 2500 passengers to the figures

2019 / 20 winter charters are being added slowly and an increase from Transun holidays and Omega will all help

Unfortunately, after 25 years of operating it looks like Turin ski charters for next winter with Crystal Ski have been canceled as not bookable after this winter . These first started with Palmair Bae146
Also, it looks like Easy jet to Geneva are not continuing into April this year as still not on sale from either BOH or SOU

Captcargo
15th Feb 2019, 10:52
Flybe will wind up airline if shareholders don't back saleFlybe directors have warned they will be forced to wind up the airline if shareholders do not approve a sale to a consortium led by Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Air.

In a statement on Thursday, they said they believe the terms of the acquisition remain in the best interests of Flybe and warned shareholders their shares are likely to be worthless if it doesn't go through.

The consortium, Connect Airways, has offered £2.2 million for the airline's parent, which Flybe admitted was 'disappointingly low'.

Flybe has already agreed to sell Connect its operating assets - the airline and the website - for £2.8 million in a deal which doesn't require shareholder approval.

But on March 4 shareholders are due to vote on the sale of the parent company.

The directors' statement described a challenging air travel market.

"There have been a number of airlines who have gone out of business over the past year and several others have issued profit downgrades," it said.

"While Flybe had made tangible progress in delivering its strategy, maintaining momentum had been hampered by the challenging market environment.

"Ongoing fuel and currency impacts presented particularly significant headwinds for Flybe as did the rapid and significant tightening on Flybe's liquidity from the card acquirer market.

"In addition, the general economic outlook and conditions had impacted the business leading to a further weakening in consumer demand, affecting cash, revenues and profit adversely."

FFHKG
15th Feb 2019, 13:33
What has this got to do with BOH?

TCAS FAN
15th Feb 2019, 14:11
What has this got to do with BOH?

Nada/rien/nothing!

Captain Cargo
15th Feb 2019, 19:46
I’m sorry I thought this was a group for people who would understand the wider implication of the possible collapse of SOU’s major airline and the possible implication it might have on BOH at some point in the future. But then again I live near BOH not Valencia!

The Nutts Mutts
15th Feb 2019, 20:18
There won’t be a collapse of the airline anyway, it’s been sold as part of the subsidiary agreement to Connect Airways. The shareholder stuff making all the waves at the moment is related to the Flybe plc holding company, which will in essence be an empty shell as of the 22nd February when all the operating assets transfer to Connect.

stewyb
15th Feb 2019, 20:46
I’m sorry I thought this was a group for people who would understand the wider implication of the possible collapse of SOU’s major airline and the possible implication it might have on BOH at some point in the future. But then again I live near BOH not Valencia!

Dont worry yourself, SOU has plans for bigger and greater things in the near future!😉

Flitefone
15th Feb 2019, 21:11
Nada/rien/nothing!The Flybe developments will have undoubtedly have significant implications for most UK regional airports, positive and negative, which will probably be significant by the summer 2020 season. The new Flybe owner has said that it wants to concentrate on feed to Virgin Long Haul at LHR and MAN, but not LGW – Flybe recently sold their only LGW slots to Vueling. It's also worth remembering that Virgin is 49% owned by Delta, and is now 31% owned by the Air France-KLM group, in which Delta also own 10%. On that basis it is likely that the new Flybe (Virgin) will be operating more domestic routes and flights into LHR and MAN, and its probable that links from UK regions to the AF/KLM hubs of CDG and AMS will increase to feed AF/KLM/Delta using Virgin code share. So we can expect new links to both LHR and MAN, which will impact UK & CI airports.That still leaves a good many existing routes that will either survive or fall based on aircraft availability and profitability. Competitors will certainly be after any low hanging fruit, taking advantage of the uncertainties at Flybe meantime. So change, good and bad is ahead, especially at the existing Flybe hubs.I could see Ryanair moving, either directly or indirectly, on some of the Dublin routes, to Cardiff for instance. It is likely too that the return of DUB-BOH, announced at 4/week, will be increased to daily in short order.

SOU will certainly see some big changes too, probably negative initially (a reduction of Flybe flights), but more likely positive longer term - new operators. FF

tibbs87
15th Feb 2019, 21:20
As a local Dorset resident, I'm fed up of seeing people try and pit both BOH & SOU against each other, they are both good airports that in my opinion compliment each other, also very different airports - comparing the two is like comparing London City to Biggin Hill ;)

Also playing on Flybe's potential demise is a bit sadistic to be honest, especially with the number of jobs at the airline that could be lost & the businesses across the south that would be affected, let's keep a positive frame of mind and hope Flybe's fortune has a positive turn under the new Connect management.

Cheers
T87

pottwiddler
17th Feb 2019, 21:42
Both the two above posts make sense, it's sad to see airlines and airports fail in this unknown economic environment.
Flybe's business model may change, we could se it becoming a feeder to KLM/AIr France/Virgin/Delta at their hubs at CDG/AMS/LHR/LGW/MAN etc from many airports are the country. The odd non-feeder flight may still work such as from the south England to NCL/Scotland as their only competition now is the train, and flying is so much better than a 6-8 hour trip on the train.

rog747
22nd Feb 2019, 06:33
Fog again and maybe tomorrow too - the GVA-BOH is currently on approach 3000' over new forest

EGHH Wind variable 3kt. Visibility 200m. RVR runway 26 400m. Fog. Temperature 6°C, dew point 6°C. QNH 1033hPa

No inbounds at the moment at SOU - some Deps' have got away OK
Wind 100° 3kt. Visibility 450m. RVR runway 20 550m

Edit
the GVA just landed at BOH - well done

Groundloop
22nd Feb 2019, 09:50
Edit
the GVA just landed at BOH - well done

That's a well done to the computers and systems that carried out the Autoland.

rog747
22nd Feb 2019, 10:04
That's a well done to the computers and systems that carried out the Autoland.

Well it was a pea souper -

dixi188
22nd Feb 2019, 10:46
Not flown into BOH for about 14 years but as 26 now has "Magic Carpet" Touch down zone lighting, I assume it is Cat III and therefore 400M RVR should not be a problem for an A320.

adfly
23rd Feb 2019, 12:35
Seems like a good time to post this, as ever let me know of any changes etc... Thomson have quietly dropped Naples this summer, although it seems to return next year.

Loganair

Guernsey (New) - 1 weekly ER3 (from 11/05)
Jersey (New) - 3 weekly ER3 (from 29/04)

Newmarket Holidays

Bergamo - 22/05

Ryanair - 1 738 based

Alicante - 4 weekly
Dublin (New) - 4 weekly (from 02/04)
Faro - 4 weekly
Girona - 4 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Krakow - 2 weekly
Malaga - 6 weekly
Malta - 2 weekly
Murcia - 4 weekly
Palma - 6-8 weekly
Paphos - 2 weekly
Prague (New) - 2 weekly (from 04/04)
Tenerife South - 1 weekly

TUI - 1 738 Based

Antalya (New) - 1 weekly 320 (from 25/05 - Freebird?)
Corfu - 1 weekly
Dalaman - 1 weekly 320 (Freebird?)
Heraklion (New) - 1 weekly (from 03/05)
Ibiza - 1 weekly
Kefalonia (New) - 1 weekly (from 07/05)
Lanzarote - 2 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Mahon - 1 weekly
Palma - 1-4 weekly
Paphos - 1 weekly
Rhodes - 1 weekly
Tenerife South - 1-2 weekly (Norwegian)

Overall:

60-65 weekly departures (45-52 in S18)
9 daily departures (6-7 in S18)

mjudk
23rd Feb 2019, 19:01
Not flown into BOH for about 14 years but as 26 now has "Magic Carpet" Touch down zone lighting, I assume it is Cat III and therefore 400M RVR should not be a problem for an A320.

That's right Dixie. Full Cat III is good for 200m RVR. So much easier than flogging in there with the Herald! (although Ken H probably managed it :)

Cheers, Judders

shamrock7seal
24th Feb 2019, 05:36
Originally TUI had scheduled a Norwegian aircraft to operate one of the weekly summer flights but they have terminated the contract concerned the airline is in trouble. I believe they switched it to a TUI plane which meant NPL couldn't be operated. Hence it's return next year. Also Crete is to be operated by a 752.

MARKEYD
24th Feb 2019, 08:04
Shame about the Naples flights as always had good loads and a popular destination

All TUI has done is replaced the Naples flights on a Friday with a re scheduled Corfu service and canceled the Cardiff " W " pattern and then the aircraft operates as normal to Heraklion in the afternoon , all operated by the based B 738 , where has the B752 come from ?
BOH - CFU - BOH - HER - BOH

The TFS service on a Friday is still penciled in to be operated by Norwegian but more than likely could go back to Air Europa

rog747
25th Feb 2019, 07:42
No Norway cruise charters for Hurtigurten?

How are the Bath travel VCE day trips selling for Easter?

Word is from Fly lolo they are sourcing an EU based EMB 170 or 190 to operate its SOU charter programme plus FLYbe on some days.

MARKEYD
25th Feb 2019, 09:14
Norway cruise charters ....

The last one leaves 27 Feb to Bergen using Titan , then another 3 are scheduled in for Nov , Jan and March next year

MARKEYD
28th Feb 2019, 16:09
As expected Freebird are operating the Dalaman and Antalya flights again using an A320 on behalf of TUI this summer

Ryanair have started to load their winter schedules with Dublin continuing 4 times a week and Faro also continues at 2 times a week

shamrock7seal
1st Mar 2019, 00:16
What about all the other winter destinations, Malta, Alicante, Malaga, Prague, Krakow, Paphos, Tenerife etc etc

MARKEYD
1st Mar 2019, 07:29
What about all the other winter destinations, Malta, Alicante, Malaga, Prague, Krakow, Paphos, Tenerife etc etc

I think the clue in my post was
“ have started to load their winter schedules “

Severn
2nd Mar 2019, 15:34
With the summer schedule now being complete, here is a comparison of (peak) summer 19 to the same period in summer 18:

Based aircraft:
1x B738 (same as S18)

TUI operated flights:
14 - all operated by B738 (same as S18)

Non-TUI operated flights:
3 (+2 on S18)

DestinationsBalearic Islands:
4x PMI
1x IBZ
1x MAH

Canary Islands:
2x ACE
1x LPA
1x TFS - Operated by Norwegian in S19 (Operated by TUI in S18)

Greece:
1x CFU
1x RHO
1x HER (New)
1x EFL (New)

Cyprus:
1x PFO

Turkey:
1x DLM - Operated by Freebird in S19 (Also in S18)
1x AYT (New) - Operated by Freebird in S19

Italy:
NAP (Dropped in S19 - operated 1x weekly in S18)

MARKEYD
5th Mar 2019, 14:52
CAA figures for 2018 are out for Bournemouth which handled 674 , 972 passengers down 3 % or approx 20 ,000 passengers . I cant seem to see the reason why as the figures below are nearly all up on last year , i would question this a little as many figures for Nov and Dec are still missing and not published . Figures in brackets are 2017

1 ) Palma 103 , 608 ( 95 , 093 )

2 ) Malaga 78 , 862 ( 73 , 595 )

3 ) Alicante 61 , 093 ( 53 , 697 )

4 ) Faro 56 , 589 ( 31, 928 )

5 ) Tenerife 45 , 212 ( 45 , 403 )

6 ) Gerona 41 , 641 ( 36 , 094 )

7 ) Murcia 41 , 517 ( 36 , 959 )

8 ) Lanzarote 34 , 930 ( 36 , 879 )

9 ) Malta 34 , 748 ( 31 , 829. )

10 ) Geneva 28 , 656 ( 33 , 605 )

Le Tirer
5th Mar 2019, 16:36
The problem is with the CAA's April 2017 figures. The monthly total for April 2017 was 63,469 but around 47,000 of these are missing from the monthly (and hence annual) route analysis figures. Only Paphos, Arrecife and Geneva appear to be correctly accounted for. Palma, Las Palmas and Tenerife appear to have charter figures but not scheduled and the rest have no figures at all.

LT

Sharklet_321
6th Mar 2019, 06:35
If I was Rigby I would be very very worried about the Southampton airport development (runway starter strip and terminal extension). It would suddenly make SOU viable for Ryanair 737-800 operations and no doubt Ryanair is not loyal to any particular airport out there!

Flitefone
6th Mar 2019, 07:47
If I was Rigby I would be very very worried about the Southampton airport development (runway starter strip and terminal extension). It would suddenly make SOU viable for Ryanair 737-800 operations and no doubt Ryanair is not loyal to any particular airport out there!

see my post #1200 on the SOU thread. The 737-800 is not likely to be a viable option for LCC ops at SOU now or in future.(nor the A321).

FF

stewyb
6th Mar 2019, 07:56
see my post #1200 on the SOU thread. The 737-800 is not likely to be a viable option for LCC ops at SOU now or in future.(nor the A321).

FF

Same could have been said for SEN

Sharklet_321
6th Mar 2019, 07:56
FF /stewyb- I beg to politely differ.

Ryanair have a sizeable operation planned to start from SEN in the next month or so. The planned runway length after extension is identical landing distance wise (and width) with perhaps an even slightly longer take-off run at SOU.

Vokes55
6th Mar 2019, 11:10
Originally TUI had scheduled a Norwegian aircraft to operate one of the weekly summer flights but they have terminated the contract concerned the airline is in trouble. I believe they switched it to a TUI plane which meant NPL couldn't be operated. Hence it's return next year. Also Crete is to be operated by a 752.

Stop posting crap. No Norwegian ‘contract’ has been terminated, and even if it had you would have no way of knowing the reason for it. There are no 757 flights out of Bournemouth this Summer.

PDXCWL45
6th Mar 2019, 11:56
Stop posting crap. No Norwegian ‘contract’ has been terminated, and even if it had you would have no way of knowing the reason for it. There are no 757 flights out of Bournemouth this Summer.

Norwegian are closing their canary island bases so can't operate the flights.

Severn
6th Mar 2019, 16:03
Norwegian are closing their 737 bases in the Canary Islands but not until after summer 19.
They will still require 3x aircraft in LPA and 3x in TFS this summer.

Aircraft from the TFS base will operate to EXT on a Tuesday and BOH on a Friday on behalf of TUI as well as their scheduled routes.

Vokes55
6th Mar 2019, 21:40
Norwegian are closing their canary island bases so can't operate the flights.

Is very different to “TUI terminating the contract worried about their financial problems”.

And the post below yours explains why you too are incorrect. But who needs facts, when spurious BS will suffice.

MARKEYD
7th Mar 2019, 11:01
Ryanair are continuing to load their winter 2019/ 20 flights

The based aircraft remains throughout the winter again

Alicante continues at 3 flights a week , same as last winter
Malaga , Malta , Faro all continue at 2 a week

Tenerife moves to a Friday weekly as does the return of Las Palmas to a weekly Saturday flight

Prague continues into the winter as does the Dublin route at 4 flights a week

Paphos and Krakow are still to be loaded , would be good to see FUE or a winter ski route added as Turin is ending and only leaves Geneva with Easy jet now

MARKEYD
14th Mar 2019, 17:04
Ryanair have added an extra Alicante service on a Saturday during the months of July- September on a Saturday taking the service to 5 a week

The winter schedule has been loaded now except for the Paphos route which was 2 x weekly, hopefully, this will be added soon

Winter 2019 /20

Dublin x 4 new
Alicante x 3
Faro x 2
Malta x 2
Prague x 2 new
Krakow x 2
Malaga x 2
Las Palmas x 1 new
Tenerife x 1

A big increase to 19 services a week ( i know !! ) from 14 last winter but all moving positively in the right direction

Sharklet_321
14th Mar 2019, 20:04
Good news. Good to grow steadily and sustainably. Some of Europes main cities don't have 5 flights a week to ALC so great news that BOH is getting that level of frequency albeit July-Sept.

I just hope that 2020 brings ONE of the following: 1) a second based Ryanair jet, 2) a second based TUI jet, 3) a new Jet2 base with 1, 2 or 3 jets, 4) a new service to Amsterdam and Paris provided by anyone (easyJet?) with some codeshares available to connect onwards. 5) Orlando flights

Rigby are projecting 1,500,000 pax by 2023. If that is accurate then there should be significant growth between 2019 and '23.

My guesses to get to Rigby's expectation:

2019 800,000
2020 1,250,000 ??
2021 1,350,000 ??
2022 1,450,000 ??
2023 1,500,000

stewyb
14th Mar 2019, 20:18
Good news. Good to grow steadily and sustainably. Some of Europes main cities don't have 5 flights a week to ALC so great news that BOH is getting that level of frequency albeit July-Sept.

I just hope that 2020 brings the following: 1) a second based Ryanair jet, 2) a second based TUI jet, 3) a new Jet2 base with 1, 2 or 3 jets, 4) a new service to Amsterdam and Paris provided by anyone (easyJet?) with some codeshares available to connect onwards. 5) Orlando flights

Rigby are projecting 1,500,000 pax by 2023. If that is accurate then there should be significant growth between 2019 and '23.

My guesses to get to Rigby's expectation:

2019 800,000
2020 1,250,000 ??
2021 1,350,000 ??
2022 1,450,000 ??
2023 1,500,000

Contradiction slightly between your wish list and growing 'steadily and sustainably'. You must have been a nightmare at the pick n mix in Woolworths!

Sharklet_321
14th Mar 2019, 20:43
Sorry my bad I meant to say ONE of the following!!!

stewyb
14th Mar 2019, 20:46
A lot more realistic!:)

shamrock7seal
15th Mar 2019, 09:33
Thanks MARKEYD

On the negative side I am surprised that Malaga and Faro can't support more frequency in the winter and I am surprised that Girona (or Barcelona itself) doesn't seem to be returning in winter. A big proportion of Girona passengers originate in Spain and demand to this route was once very high, over 100,000 annually. Having said that, it seems that Ryanair have radically reduced their operation in Girona over the winter with hardly any services from there. This indicates it may not be a Bournemouth demand problem but rather an airport deal/relationship issue.

Bournemouth still has a lot of winter season gaps in the network that used to be operated for many years prior. These include Chambery, Innsbruck, Larnaca, Enfidha, Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Funchal, Fuerteventura and more regular services to Barbados - nothing to do with Ryanair of course.

For summer, I think that Ryanair could easily revisit some of their previously operated services such as Frankfurt - remember Hahn used to be operated daily? There must be demand for a lower frequency service directly into Frankfurt rather than Hahn. Same could be said for Glasgow instead of Prestwick - which used to be operated double daily by 737-800!

MARKEYD
18th Mar 2019, 12:05
January passenger figures are finally out and Bournemouth handled 35 , 869 passengers up 14 % finally !!

A mixed bag of figures

Ryanairs routes to all of Spain and Krakow averaged the 80 % load

Geneva was slightly up on last year at 6360 averaging 138 pax per flight , 23 flights operated in January no diversions or cancellations

The 2 Barbados cruise flights operated at 291 pax for P&O and 300 pax for Hays on a TUI 787

The downsides were Turin at 381 pax , the route is canceled next year and Las Palmas showing only 621 pax with TUI ( not sure if that figure is correct, to be honest ) Lanzarote was also down again to about 119 pax per flight on TUI

Paphos with Ryanair was showing only 1605 pax use the service which averages out at 100 per flight , not good for Ryanair standard so it could be the reason its not bookable for next winter

southside bobby
18th Mar 2019, 14:15
RYR January`19 systemwide load factor was 91%...

Flitefone
18th Mar 2019, 15:19
RYR January`19 systemwide load factor was 91%...

Caution, Ryanair network wide report seats sold, not seats flown. With low fares, there is often a significant difference, with prospective passengers forgoing flights.

FF

shamrock7seal
18th Mar 2019, 20:46
Very concerning about Paphos but awareness is low given there doesn’t seem to be any promotion of this route at all. Not sure anyone knows about it all

BOH seems to be spending all their tweeting time on pushing the Channel Island flights

Sharklet_321
18th Mar 2019, 20:55
If you check the fares for immediate travel BOH-PFO it’s only £14.99 one way for a four and a half hour flight!! This route is obviously not gonna stick around

racedo
19th Mar 2019, 11:06
Having said that, it seems that Ryanair have radically reduced their operation in Girona over the winter with hardly any services from there. This indicates it may not be a Bournemouth demand problem but rather an airport deal/relationship issue.

But wasn't that in the days before Ryanair were servicing Barcelona direct ?

racedo
19th Mar 2019, 11:10
Quick Q for those who know the airports. Friends kids flying into BOH on Sunday and need to get to SOU to link up with some others coming in on a later flight. They asked me best way of getting between the 2 airports without booking a taxi. Any suggestions ?

shamrock7seal
19th Mar 2019, 11:43
Option 1

Wait for the bus to take you to Bmth Travel Interchange
Travel interchange is opposite the Train station
Train goes straight from Bmth to SOU

Option 2

Taxi from BOH to Travel interchange
Repeat steps above

Option 3

Hire a car (possibly cheaper than a taxi?)

racedo
19th Mar 2019, 13:40
Thanks

Given their funds ( they young) then bus and train seems best option.

FrequentlyFlying
19th Mar 2019, 14:37
​​​​​​train or bus isn’t cheap if added together x 2++ May well find a cheaper pre book cab if more than 2 from BoH to Sou. It often seems cheaper but it may well not be if it is more than 1!

racedo
19th Mar 2019, 20:50
​​​​​​train or bus isn’t cheap if added together x 2++ May well find a cheaper pre book cab if more than 2 from BoH to Sou. It often seems cheaper but it may well not be if it is more than 1!

Texted them that but they said Student railcards, buying in advance and picking a specific train brought it down to £5.50 pp from Bournemouth station to Southampton Parkway.

The Nutts Mutts
19th Mar 2019, 21:41
That’s a pretty good price!

FrequentlyFlying
19th Mar 2019, 22:28
Excellent price - I used the train to commute from Bomo all the time and it was never cheap! Great deal and great news for them!

rog747
20th Mar 2019, 09:14
Texted them that but they said Student railcards, buying in advance and picking a specific train brought it down to £5.50 pp from Bournemouth station to Southampton Parkway.

Before you think about getting a train on a Sunday check SWR for Engineering works and rail replacement buses on the Bomo line to SOU and Waterloo - as every weekend of late this has affected our trains here in Dorset and Hants.

You may find on reflection a booked Taxi maybe best...around £50 or so

There are hourly Nat Exp coaches from Bomo travel interchange (next to the rail station) to Southampton (cheap)

MARKEYD
28th Mar 2019, 15:10
Bournemouth handled 34 , 274 passengers in February up 8 %

Ryanair did well for all its routes especially the Alicante , Malaga and Krakow routes which all averaged 92 % loads
Paphos averaged only 128 pax per flight

TUI again had a drop in passengers using the Canaries with all averaging about 82 % loads, not sure what the reason is there

Geneva with Easy jet did really well again with 6691 passengers using the route averaging about 139 pax , the same as last year so definitely holding its own still

Barbados cruise charter saw a full flight of 298 on a TUI 787

TUI holidays seem to have taken off sale for Summer 20 Ibiza , Mahon , Naples and Antalya all of which are not bookable, i would question this as particularly IBZ and MAH have been stable destinations since they operated with Palmair . TUI are launching properly in April for next year so will have a better idea next month of what is happening

Le Tirer
28th Mar 2019, 16:31
There does seem to be a problem with the CAA stats for BOH at the moment. Up until recently, when I totalled the individual routes this total was usually within a hundred pax or so of the CAA Terminal & Transit Pax total (for June and September 2018 it was spot on!). However, for the past 4 months they have been way short so either there are a some routes missing, which seems unlikely, or some of the figures are too low, possibly those for the Canaries?
November 2018 2261 short
December 2018 4431 short
January 2019 2954 short
February 2019 1611 short

LT

shamrock7seal
28th Mar 2019, 19:34
Worrying if TUI have removed 4 weekly flights from the 2020 programme especially when everyone was so positive about TUI expanding from BOH in 2019. 4 weekly flights is significant.

Sharklet_321
29th Mar 2019, 11:08
Regarding Ryanair services to Paphos at least February was an improvement over January.

Month/Pax/Load Factor

Nov'18 2,742 81%
Dec 18 2,593 76%
Jan 19 1,605 53%
Feb 19 2,051 68%

Hopefully March will be even better, although TUI start operating in competition to Ryanair during this month so thats 3 weekly services to Paphos. Perhaps over-capacity?

Sharklet_321
2nd Apr 2019, 16:54
So, does anyone know how the Dublin service did today? Was it a decent load factor?

MARKEYD
5th Apr 2019, 09:11
Superbreak are returning next winter , Feb 24 with an Akureyri Iceland charter using Titan aircraft

Hays travel have added another Barbados cruise charter departing Oct 2020 , using TUI 787 , they seem to do well on these services

Hurtigruten have added a Nov flight to Bergen this year , with another 2 operating in Jan and March 2020 again using a Titan aircraft

Looks to be 7 Santa flights over the Xmas period with Enter air , TUI and Titan operating the services will give dates nearer the time

Sharklet_321
8th Apr 2019, 15:52
Issues at SOU with TUI no longer selling Flybe summer 2019 flights to the sun destinations. Whether those flights are still continuing seems to be anyone’s guess although Flybe are still selling them. It looks like a reduced schedule though I can’t really tell. Can’t. Mahon is operated by a Q400 (for the second year running) which for many will be a first and last experience. Compared with the passenger experience of a 737-800 with TUI from BOH there is no contest! TUI need to put Mahon back on sale next year (2020) from BOH. Why did they remove it!!!!

What a mess. But BOH stands to benefit.

rog747
8th Apr 2019, 16:44
Issues at SOU with TUI no longer selling Flybe summer 2019 flights to the sun destinations. Whether those flights are still continuing seems to be anyone’s guess although Flybe are still selling them. It looks like a reduced schedule though I can’t really tell. Can’t. Mahon is operated by a Q400 (for the second year running) which for many will be a first and last experience. Compared with the passenger experience of a 737-800 with TUI from BOH there is no contest! TUI need to put Mahon back on sale next year (2020) from BOH. Why did they remove it!!!!

I should think that right now TUI are scrabbling around trying to run a summer programme with at least 6 737 MAX plus the 2 others that were due all now not in service, plus 757 retirements that I guess will be scaled back as so to hang on to those 757's for a while longer if possible (but some are already sold for freighter conversions)
Also many outstation like BOH SOU and EXT are seeing 3rd party airlines operate their flights (albastar volotea freebird air europa etc)

The 787's are being utilised on more short haul, and 2 x 737 flights combined into one if at all possible as seen on MAN-BHX-RHO the other day

Gonna be a fun year working in Ops and traffic lol

Planespeaking
8th Apr 2019, 16:55

I think you are right. BOH has the benefit of airport infrastructure and runway length, if not the rail and road connections of SOU. It is runway length, or lack of, that is now weighing down on SOU, plus all the eggs in one basket which is the management crash that is Flybe.

There has to be some courage to invest in SOU now as more and more operators have pulled out, and regrettably the current narrative is all negative.

MARKEYD
8th Apr 2019, 17:05
To be fair here , BOH , EXT and SOU have always had 3rd party airlines operating a few of their services as the based aircraft at BOH and EXT are fully committed
This year they have increased flying from local UK airports and have called upon the services of Freebird , Norwegian and Air Europa as usual to operate these new routes

Its early in the season so of course to combine 2 UK airports makes sense when the loads are low but come 1 st May its game on !!

There are 2 787 s already committed this summer to operate around the Med as already discussed on the TUI page and again they can't change this at this late stage

Do agree however with " ROG " the schedule is going to very tight this summer and will no doubt at some point see it fall apart with all the usual summer problems taking there toll

rog747
8th Apr 2019, 17:33
I should imagine in sheer desperation TUI are trying to reactivate the 3 757's that just last month were retired if at all possible - I'm not sure of their fates though - scrap/freighter or costly C checks due?
plus get back the Sunwing 738 leases if poss too?....but that would be breaking their contract with Sunwing, who have their own MAX's grounded :(

What a summer this will be...I wonder if reservations are canning pax numbers to enable combining more flights onto one 787?

and back to SOU - any news on the LOLO airline of choice? that's gonna be rather interesting at this late stage

MARKEYD
11th Apr 2019, 08:44
Good to see Easy jet return for another winter season

6 flights again a week , with the 2nd Saturday flight upgraded to a A320 as is Thursday now A320 .
Crystal ski take a large allocation on the weekends which prove popular

poolebob
12th Apr 2019, 08:50
Any one know what happened to TUI this week. Flight from TFS diverted to Faro then flew on to BOH. Next day flight to PFO was six hours late leaving. Return had to divert to BRS as BOH is closed at 2.30am. TUI brought another ac from Gatwick for next days flight

Captcargo
12th Apr 2019, 10:30
I wonder if the new management sales team has looked at non BOH originators? Some research on destinations that are low-cost carrier hubs might prove more beneficial than forever hoping Ryanair or TUI will add an extra aircraft.

BOH has amazing potential to attract visitors to the Jurrasic Coast, Salisbury, as recent events die down, and London is easily accessible, must make some joint destinations potentially viable.

MARKEYD
12th Apr 2019, 16:53
TUI in recent days have been re scheduling quite a few flights for next summer 2020

Nothing to get excited about yet but there could be a possibility of a 2nd based aircraft for the weekend , there are still lots of gaps and missing flights but it could all come together

Mon
BOH CFU BOH LPA BOH

Tue
BOH PMI BOH KEF BOH

Wed
BOH .... BOH PFO BOH

Thu
BOH PMI BOH ACE BOH

Fri
BOH CFU BOH TFS BOH

A/C 2 BOH .... BOH HER BOH

Sat
BOH PMI BOH RHO BOH

A/C 2 BOH ... BOH AYT BOH

Sun
BOH ACE BOH BOH ... BOH

A/C 2 BOH PMI BOH ZTH BOH

Missing at the moment is Mahon , Ibiza and Naples . Antalya has been brought back in house and DLM is operated probably by Freebird
TUI officially launch there 2020 programme on 25 April with all the remaining holidays going on sale then , so should have a better idea if a 2nd aircraft could be put in place for some of the week , here's hoping .....

Sharklet_321
12th Apr 2019, 22:36
I would say that’s super exciting

I only wish they would offer Croatia (Dubrovnik, Pula and Split) and Funchal from Bournemouth. Hope that comes in 2020.

shamrock7seal
13th Apr 2019, 13:01
MARKEYD surely TUI wouldn’t base a second aircraft only for the weekends? In this case Fri, Sat and Sun. Isn’t that operationally more challenging than just basing a permant second aircraft? Is anyone aware of TUI doing this sort of pattern anywhere else?

NorthEasterner
13th Apr 2019, 18:35
Out of curiosity, who is the ground handling agent at Bournemouth? Is it Swissport? Just as Bournemouth airport advertising CSA and ramp jobs but not mentioning Swissport etc.

TIA

Sharklet_321
13th Apr 2019, 20:47
BOH is creating its own ground handling from June 2019 and the contract with Swissport is terminated.

Dropoffcharge
13th Apr 2019, 21:05
BOH is creating its own ground handling from June 2019 and the contract with Swissport is terminated.

Has already happened apparently, as of the 1st April.

uptoncol
16th Apr 2019, 03:17
Hi all ,
TUI have added a Monday flight to Corfu in addition to the Friday flight for 2020
Also a new Sunday flight to zante for 2020
Col

MARKEYD
16th Apr 2019, 08:19
Thats fantastic news from TUI and looking more likely to have a 2nd aircraft from Friday - Sunday now

This leaves only 4 flights to fill in the gaps and with Mahon , Ibiza and Naples not loaded yet it shouldn't be problem

Prehaps with no Jet 2 announcement for 2020 , TUI are jumping in quick to claim there spot

Have edited post 573 and filled in the gaps

Dropoffcharge
16th Apr 2019, 09:42
This leaves only 4 flights to fill in the gaps and with Mahon , Ibiza and Naples not loaded yet it shouldn't be problem

Assuming Ibiza is on it's usual Wednesday, will a 2nd A/C also be required for that day, due to the longer leg Paphos flight??

MARKEYD
16th Apr 2019, 10:00
Assuming Ibiza is on it's usual Wednesday, will a 2nd A/C also be required for that day, due to the longer leg Paphos flight??

If you look at post 573 you can see the gaps that need to be filled , at the moment I would say no second aircraft on a Wednesday as the IBZ rotation has always been in the am and PFO in the afternoon

shamrock7seal
16th Apr 2019, 10:58
Good move by TUI on increasing frequency of CFU to 2 weekly. These days people want to fly for 4 or 5 days not a full 7 days. My guess would be that we could see more frequency on Tenerife, Ibiza and Mahon, perhaps even an additional DLM to take the frequency back to twice weekly as it was back in 2008?09? It would unlock a lot more options for a larger number of people.

I am not sure that NAP will come back? VRN would be better for the BOH market. All will be revealed 25th April.

MARKEYD what are your thoughts on Ryanair Paphos for the winter season?

Sharklet_321
16th Apr 2019, 12:24
Great news. It must mean that TUI group is happy with the forward bookings of the new BOH routes for this summer. Enough to have been encouraged to do even more Greek flights next year. This is BOH's forte - mid haul appealing to a larger catchment and not just tiny Bournemouth.

Nakata77
16th Apr 2019, 12:48
MARKEYD have you done a similar aircraft allocation for the single based Ryanair jet? It would be interesting to see what flying is based and if they are fully utilised.

MARKEYD
16th Apr 2019, 16:22
MARKEYD have you done a similar aircraft allocation for the single based Ryanair jet? It would be interesting to see what flying is based and if they are fully utilised.

This is the Ryanair based aircraft , which is fully committed this summer as usual

Mon
BOH RMU BOH GRO BOH ALC BOH

Tue
BOH TFS BOH RMU BOH

Wed

Thu
BOH MLA BOH AGP BOH

Fri

Sat
BOH PFO BOH GRO BOH

Sun
BOH MLA BOH ALC BOH DUB BOH

Crystal ski has again taken a large block booking out on the Saturday Easy jet Geneva ski route which has always proved very popular but as already discussed Turin won't be returning this winter season. It's a real shame that Innsbruck isn't tried again with Inghams ski, or Crystal use the TUI based aircraft on a Sunday to CMF or SZG

Doubtful Ryanair will operate the Paphos route in the winter as loads looked below what they would expect although since March its picked up again, i think 1 flight would have been better suited.
Meanwhile, the powerhouse of TUI is operating a near full winter season to PFO this winter

Nakata77
17th Apr 2019, 19:46
Thank you for doing all that work MARKEYD

It shows that more than half the Ryanair flying is done by non-based aircraft. I think they are doing 45 or 46 departures a week this summer of which only 18 are done by the based unit.

uptoncol
17th Apr 2019, 20:14
Hi All
Looks like the gap on the Sunday next summer with TUI is filled now with a flight to Dalaman in the afternoon.
Cheers Col

MARKEYD
17th Apr 2019, 20:55
Well spotted Col

Thats another destination filled as 2 a week now to Dalaman and 1 a week to Antalya

3 flights left then to fill then , MAH , IBZ and NAP

Interesting that Exeter with TUI has cut back massively next year 2020 with Turkey to only 1 flight a week and Antalya has been cut suddenly to just July / August this year and nothing at the moment for next summer, although could change of course

Its also good news that Bournemouth stays open much longer now in the summer to 0200

Rigby group are certainly moving forward with Bournemouth

Sharklet_321
18th Apr 2019, 10:57
MARKEYD Is that an official extension of their opening time? It is published as 21:30 with prior extension required. Is this a prior extension example or a permanent change in opening hours to 02:00?

MARKEYD
18th Apr 2019, 21:07
Actually I think it’s an extension till 0200 , not sure how it works in the summer to be honest

I guess everyone sits around waiting for the late arrivals to land as most evenings the TUI flights are after midnight so just assumed the airport is open until then

Prehaps someone in the know might have a better idea of how it works

possibleconsequences
19th Apr 2019, 09:37
Actually I think it’s an extension till 0200 , not sure how it works in the summer to be honest

I guess everyone sits around waiting for the late arrivals to land as most evenings the TUI flights are after midnight so just assumed the airport is open until then

Prehaps someone in the know might have a better idea of how it works

There's an extension only for some schedules but not until 0200

LXGB
23rd Apr 2019, 09:03
Interesting story in the Echo. (https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17590598.three-planning-applications-due-to-be-submitted-for-business-park-at-bournemouth-airport/)

MARKEYD
25th Apr 2019, 14:10
Not altogether sure what is happening with TUI in 2020 at the moment as new flights are operating to Zante and extra flights to Corfu and Dalaman but according to my contact in TUI , flights to Ibiza and Mahon are not operating next year.
Considering both destinations have been operated from BOH since " whenever " it's quite a surprise . Queue Ryanair to IBZ again

Still leaves 3 gaps in the schedule at the moment, what could happen now is TUI reschedule flights and use some aircraft as W patterns from elsewhere which would then be no requirement for a 2nd aircraft

Watch this space though as still a year away

Nakata77
25th Apr 2019, 15:09
Best to wait and see for 2020. There have been many rumours about an expanded programme.

DAT is converting their ferry flight from BOH-BLL on 3rd May to a revenue flight. The MD-82 aircraft has been painted in a retro scheme of the airline. If anyone wants to book the flight which is going for around 130quid you have to email [email protected]

Sharklet_321
25th Apr 2019, 15:36
There must be more coming re TUI summer 2020 MARKEYD especially since CFU was weaker than IBZ, MAH and NAP and yet is getting more frequency.

shamrock7seal
27th Apr 2019, 11:41
Apparently Loganair has made the Saturday Jersey service ‘via Guernsey’ thereby reducing services by one weekly flight. Can’t be doing very well for them to take this action before flights have even started.

stewyb
27th Apr 2019, 12:20
Apparently Loganair has made the Saturday Jersey service ‘via Guernsey’ thereby reducing services by one weekly flight. Can’t be doing very well for them to take this action before flights have even started.

Problem will always be the limited onward transport connections for the islanders from BOH

Ex EGKK ATCO
27th Apr 2019, 12:39
Best to wait and see for 2020. There have been many rumours about an expanded programme.

DAT is converting their ferry flight from BOH-BLL on 3rd May to a revenue flight. The MD-82 aircraft has been painted in a retro scheme of the airline. If anyone wants to book the flight which is going for around 130quid you have to email [email protected]

Is the DAT flight an ex maintenance flight or is it flying in with pax? Any idea of ETD?

Thanks

Sharklet_321
27th Apr 2019, 14:41
Is the DAT flight an ex maintenance flight or is it flying in with pax? Any idea of ETD?

Thanks

I heard it’s in for painting into a retro livery and is due to fly back to BLL late 3rd May

Ex EGKK ATCO
27th Apr 2019, 14:48
Cheers. I’ll wait to hear from DAT next week.

dpsilverba
27th Apr 2019, 16:57

Hi!

I've been affected by this...but not to too great an extent. Booked the LM 611 BOH-JER on 11 May (thinking it was an inaugrual
flight - but isn't..) with only one seat already reserved (14A). Received an e-mail yesterday apologising for it being cancelled and offered the alternative LM 609 departing 11.55 instead of 14.00. Didn't initially notice that it was a direct flight with one stop until I read this thread.

Upside is I get double the take off/landing in a Jungle Jet :cool:. downside I have had to book a hotel in Bournemouth for the night to make sure I'm there in time (rail engineering works etc).

Looking forward to it...let's see what happens

Den

rog747
28th Apr 2019, 05:43
Den, the trains from Portsmouth Harbour to Bomo on Sat 11 May are OK - the ferry & several trains will get you there in plenty of time for the 11.55 -- last check in is 11.25

There is also National Express coaches from Pompey to Bomo station as well - you do not need to get a hotel - unless you want to have a wild night out in the resort !

rog747
28th Apr 2019, 06:19
Cheers. I’ll wait to hear from DAT next week.

I too am up for a ride on a Mad dog - 82, anymore info please?

Guess we have to overnight in BLL then fly home Sat?

Cheers R

Sharklet_321
28th Apr 2019, 09:40
I emailed that address that Nakata77 provided and they told me it departs at 21:25 arriving Billund 00:05. €150 but I think it’s worth it for a ride on a mad dog in retro scheme!

dpsilverba
28th Apr 2019, 16:13
Den, the trains from Portsmouth Harbour to Bomo on Sat 11 May are OK - the ferry & several trains will get you there in plenty of time for the 11.55 -- last check in is 11.25

There is also National Express coaches from Pompey to Bomo station as well - you do not need to get a hotel - unless you want to have a wild night out in the resort !

rog747 - many thanks.

There's a direct train from Fareham (closer to me than PMH) that weekend which works really nice - but I've gone for the 'bright lights' option and booked into the Durley Dean hotel so I don't miss out on my 1 in 3 saturday long lie in!

Den

Nakata77
29th Apr 2019, 14:34
I was one of 4 passengers on todays flight from Jersey. Not much above 10 apparently on the Bournemouth-Jersey sector.

This route ain't gonna last if that performance is anything to go by.

The two Ryanair flights next to us on the ramp at Bournemouth were literally heaving with people.

stewyb
29th Apr 2019, 15:13
I was one of 4 passengers on todays flight from Jersey. Not much above 10 apparently on the Bournemouth-Jersey sector.

This route ain't gonna last if that performance is anything to go by.

The two Ryanair flights next to us on the ramp at Bournemouth were literally heaving with people.

i refer back to post 598

Sharklet_321
29th Apr 2019, 15:27
I agree that Bournemouth could do with a more frequent bus but I don’t agree that this is the reason the route is not doing well. If it is because SOU has a train station, then how do islanders deal with airports like Exeter, Newquay, Bristol and Cardiff which have no train station and are further from train stations than BOH is. Bournemouth airport has an infrequent bus but you can catch it on your arrival from Jersey. I didn’t check departure. Bournemouth has so many wealthy retired people that wouldn’t take the bus anyway - apparently this is the group of people that most supports the Channel Islands market. So how can this route not be working?

SWBKCB
29th Apr 2019, 15:32
So how can this route not be working?

Who says it isn't? There's been one flight, on a Monday... :rolleyes:

stewyb
29th Apr 2019, 15:50
Over 40% of Jerseys economy comes from financial service organisations and hence business travel within those companies will want swift onward connections throughout the uk. This is where SOU does hold the upper hand for once. Wealthy Dorset residents and tourism only play a small part in regular footfall through the islands airport. However judging route viability on first days performance seems slightly premature!

Dropoffcharge
29th Apr 2019, 16:03

I belive this is generally the case with almost all the RYN flights from BOH, just amazes me why they don't do more routes to other sun destinations, or for other airlines (jet2 etc) to offer sun routes from BOH as well.

shamrock7seal
29th Apr 2019, 16:08
Yes pls give the route some time to build up. The airport has been going full belt on pushing this on its social media channels and hopefully todays launch ceremony will be another reason to get some airtime for it.

The fact that this route is seasonal must mean Loganair is going after outbound holidays from Bournemouth. In the past Bournemouth did really well with its channel islands routes in conjunction with Southampton and at one point had 7 return flights on a single Saturday each summer, so one single flight should be fine.

By the way Bournemouth is home to one of the largest financial services centres on the South Coast (JP Morgan, Liverpool Victoria, Barclays and many others are based there). One would think this would be cause enough for the route to be a strong performer.

philip duncan
29th Apr 2019, 17:57
This is the Ryanair based aircraft , which is fully committed this summer as usual

Mon

Tue
BOH TFS BOH RMU BOH

Wed

Thu
BOH MLA BOH AGP BOH

Fri

Sat
BOH PFO BOH GRO BOH

Sun
BOH MLA BOH ALC BOH DUB BOH

Crystal ski has again taken a large block booking out on the Saturday Easy jet Geneva ski route which has always proved very popular but as already discussed Turin won't be returning this winter season. It's a real shame that Innsbruck isn't tried again with Inghams ski, or Crystal use the TUI based aircraft on a Sunday to CMF or SZG

Doubtful Ryanair will operate the Paphos route in the winter as loads looked below what they would expect although since March its picked up again, i think 1 flight would have been better suited.
Meanwhile, the powerhouse of TUI is operating a near full winter season to PFO this winter
Mark, my first ever post on PPPuNe, I was very interested in your comment about Innsbruck I go 3 or 4 times a year but have to fly from Gatwick It was so good when we could go from Bournemouth, I am sure there is a demand for this route, I have written to both Inghams & Crystal but never get a reply!!! So keep plugging it fingers crossed perhaps EZY could have a try -- very successful on the Geneva route.

LesPretend
29th Apr 2019, 21:30
Did I dream that I read something on here about the possibility of a RYR BOH-ABZ service?

Im always surprised more isn’t done to promote just what an amazing destination the area is. With recent summers it’s way better value than going overseas.

TSR2
30th Apr 2019, 10:38
Philip Duncan,

How could you possibly know 'Very successful on the Geneva route' unless you have access to financial accounts.

philip duncan
30th Apr 2019, 12:01
I have no knowledge of account information, but I based my comments on the fact that the route is well supported passenger wise and the fact that it has been operating for a few years out of Bournemourh and is operating again this winter with two flights on Saturdays must mean it is a profitable route.!!

Interestingly that Southampton also has an EZY flight to Geneva, but Bournemouth still maintains good load factors.
PD

MARKEYD
30th Apr 2019, 12:51
Not sure what you mean by " very successful " but i would say its been successful in the fact Easy jet is in its 14th year of operating flights to Geneva from BOH and seem quite happy to continue while now operating from SOU as well so there must be a market for the route from both airports

Sharklet_321
1st May 2019, 09:59
Of course it's successful if it wasn't why would they continue to fly into BOH year after year. My only wish is that it would become a year-round service perhaps not at the same level of frequency for the summer but at least twice weekly. For BOH to maintain 6 flights a week in the winter to GVA is a very good indicator of the potential the airport has for other route development.

HOWEVER if further expansion at EXT goes on this will be limited. More than a 3rd runway at LHR, expansion at EXT would take custom away from BOH. For example customers in Weymouth would easily switch between EXT or BOH depending upon air fare - it's about the same travel time given the awful roadworks/gridlock/traffic going on in Poole & Bournemouth.

shamrock7seal
7th May 2019, 13:43
The new TUI Kefalonia route seems to have gone today without so much as a celebration! Thought this would have been an ideal opportunity for TUI to do something and possibly announce bigger things for 2020.

Alicante has been dropped from SOU for the W19 season. Not sure it will be back given that Flybe is getting rid of its jets.

Sharklet_321
8th May 2019, 07:26
On my flight through BOH yesterday I noticed, the airport has a brand new set of ground equipment on the ramp representing a significant investment by Rigby. They took their ground handling in-house in April. Hopefully this bodes well for further airline development. The inside of the departures terminal is quite large and could easily take 6 A320 sized aircraft simultaneously. There is a new Costa cafe and large restaurant area.

One positive thing about BOH is that due to the majority of its income coming from revenue streams other than airlines, I assume it can offer low fees/charges. I think this is something that SOU will never be able to do as they embark on their terminal and runway improvements. The cost of that development will need to be recouped from their only source of income - airlines.

stewyb
8th May 2019, 08:12
I think this is something that SOU will never be able to do as they embark on their terminal and runway improvements. The cost of that development will need to be recouped from their only source of income - airlines.

The arrival of EZY full time should help things along

FFHKG
8th May 2019, 10:10
Wishful thinking..... too close to Gatwick for another major EZ base. Maybe one or two more flights to their most popular destinations, but no based aircraft is the most likely scenario.

stewyb
8th May 2019, 10:53
Wishful thinking..... too close to Gatwick for another major EZ base. Maybe one or two more flights to their most popular destinations, but no based aircraft is the most likely scenario.

Same could be said for SEN with LTN & STN on its doorstep. Fact of the matter is London is at full capacity and maybe EZY see SOU as an overflow to Gatwick with a mainline station 60minutes from central London. Of all the LCC’s that the airport wish to attract, my money would certainly be on the orange lot, just as I could foresee Jet2 pitching up in the future at BOU!

Sharklet_321
8th May 2019, 11:06
I would agree with a future Jet2 at BOH. Look at how they are competing successfully when head to head with Ryanair at other UK airports. So the presence of Ryanair at BOH probably doesn't bother them in the slightest. They may even see it as a positive to provide an alternative. However, Jet2 seems to go into bases in a big way and there just isn't the demand in the BOH catchment to do that. I would hazard a guess that if they do ever do BOH it would be a split base with EXT. Jet2 could also do very well from EXT and chip away at the easyJet/Ryanair BRS base.

MARKEYD
8th May 2019, 14:30
Ryanair has added some extra flights to cover Oct half term it looks like into the beginning of Nov
Faro 4 flights
Malaga 6 flights
Palma 7 flights

Still gaps in the TUI summer 2020 programme with 3 flights still missing in the schedule to bring it up to 2 based aircraft on Fri / Sat / Sun
Surprised that MAH and IBZ are not on sale

shamrock7seal
9th May 2019, 20:13
TUI have stated that Summer 2020 from BOH will see an additional 42,000 seats.

If that is true then it means an extra 5 departures a week above this summer. DLM second frequency is 1, CFU second frequency is 1 and ZTH weekly is a total of 3. That is around 27,000 seats May-Oct.
One can therefore surmise that 2 more weekly additional flights are yet to be added to the Summer 2020 programme.

​​​​​​https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17628404.bournemouth-airport-will-launch-flights-to-zakynthos/

Le Tirer
9th May 2019, 21:24
The article says 14 destinations. There are currently 12 destinations on the timetable for summer 2020 with 18 weekly departures - Antalya, Arrecife (x2), Corfu (x2), Dalaman (x2), Heraklion, Kefalonia, Las Palmas, Palma (x4), Paphos, Rhodes, Tenerife South, Zakynthos. Will the other 2 be Ibiza and Minorca as in 2019 or new destinations? There needs to be 4 more departures added to the timetable to achieve the extra 5 (2019 = 17, 2020 = 22?) but I can only see 3 gaps in the schedules - Wednesday a.m, Friday a.m (assuming 2nd aircraft) and Saturday a,m (assuming 2nd aircraft).

MARKEYD
10th May 2019, 07:40
Dalaman is only 1 flight a week now as it looks like TUI have pulled the Friday flight operated by Freebird A320
Still leaves a gap of 3 flights to be filled , as well explained above

shamrock7seal
10th May 2019, 08:27
Goodness, why would they remove the 10 and 11 day options for DLM the day after announcing it in the media?

dpsilverba
14th May 2019, 15:49
Hi!

I've been affected by this...but not to too great an extent. Booked the LM 611 BOH-JER on 11 May (thinking it was an inaugrual
flight - but isn't..) with only one seat already reserved (14A). Received an e-mail yesterday apologising for it being cancelled and offered the alternative LM 609 departing 11.55 instead of 14.00. Didn't initially notice that it was a direct flight with one stop until I read this thread.

Upside is I get double the take off/landing in a Jungle Jet :cool:. downside I have had to book a hotel in Bournemouth for the night to make sure I'm there in time (rail engineering works etc).

Looking forward to it...let's see what happens

Den

Hi!

Well my flight(s) on Saturday were fun!. At check-in agent commented "Oh! You're the Jersey passenger".

Fourteen of us BOH - GCI then I got spoiled by the excellent cabin attendant whilst on the ground. She very kindly made me a coffee, took photos of me on my 'private jet' and with the flight/ground crew, rounded off with a personal safety briefing on departure. Excellent flying conditions all the way and even got an apology from the JER ground crew that they hadn't rolled out the red carpet for me :)

On a side note, liked the tour of the airport hinterland whilst on the Yellow Buses 737 service. Didn't realise that there was parting out operations taking part there - is that why the A340's are there?

Den

bob1810
17th May 2019, 13:59
Flew in on the Jersey flight today. Only 6 pax but 20 outbound back to Jersey,The price of the tickets
are cheaper than FLY-BE so why not more popular? Flight time just 26 mins, Superb service.

PDXCWL45
17th May 2019, 15:51
Flew in on the Jersey flight today. Only 6 pax but 20 outbound back to Jersey,The price of the tickets
are cheaper than FLY-BE so why not more popular? Flight time just 26 mins, Superb service.
Maybe the demand is not there?

FFHKG
17th May 2019, 16:11
Maybe mid-may is just a little too early in the season

NickBarnes
17th May 2019, 18:09
Maybe mid-may is just a little too early in the season
Flew NWI - JER last week, same aircraft that continues to Bournemouth on its W pattern. 37 seats all taken on the NWI run, around 32 on my return. The very friendly and excellent cabin crew said to me the Bournemouth run is "very quiet"

Sharklet_321
17th May 2019, 19:02
BOH seems obsessed with promoting the new Jersey route only on Twitter to around 2,500 people - the same people - day in day out. Such awful marketing and PR it’s no wonder no one knows about these flights. My parents only know about this flight because of me. Otherwise they’d have kept using SOU

PDXCWL45
17th May 2019, 20:55
BOH seems obsessed with promoting the new Jersey route only on Twitter to around 2,500 people - the same people - day in day out. Such awful marketing and PR it’s no wonder no one knows about these flights. My parents only know about this flight because of me. Otherwise they’d have kept using SOU
They may not have the marketing budget to do anything else.

AirportPlanner1
18th May 2019, 09:36
If Bournemouth have just 2.5k followers on Twitter that says a lot about the demographic of their market. Southampton have 40k, Newcastle 70k and Stansted 90k.

Sharklet_321
18th May 2019, 11:21
The demographic going to Jersey and Guernsey are certainly not twitter users - so how to reach them?

shamrock7seal
18th May 2019, 11:30
Norwich Airport has 3.8k followers on Twitter but manage to fill their Channel Islands flights...

AirportPlanner1
18th May 2019, 12:44
Norwich Airport has 3.8k followers on Twitter but manage to fill their Channel Islands flights...

Yes but Norwich doesn’t have the UK’s premier hub for the Channel Isles just down the road

PerryOaks
18th May 2019, 12:48
Best not to think of an airport's Twitter followers as individual consumers, rather they will be various interested parties who might then relay the message - e.g. journalists, those in the travel trade, local chambers of commerce etc etc.

Nakata77
20th May 2019, 15:47
Several fares are sold out on the Jersey flight this coming Saturday, the cheapest one way flight is GBP205!

yeo valley
21st May 2019, 05:47
Several fares are sold out on the Jersey flight this coming Saturday, the cheapest one way flight is GBP205!

Be nearly as cheap to hire a private aircraft with prices like that

tibbs87
21st May 2019, 17:14

Although compared with the 'All In' Flybe flight to Southampton which includes hold luggage, food and drink, Loganair is £20 cheaper, as the cheapest Flybe flight Jer-Sou this Saturday is £225.34

bob1810
22nd May 2019, 11:41
Well sussed out at the end of the day 20 pounds,is not to be sneezed at.

MARKEYD
23rd May 2019, 16:37
Naples is to be pencilled back in for 2020 which I believe is due when TUI announces more routes in a few weeks time

Hopefully that will still leave MAH and IBZ to continue and be the last 2 gaps in the 2020 schedule

Ryanair have added extra flights to Paphos in Oct half term but looks not to continue into winter, they would do better to just have 1 flight a week in winter

Krakow also have extra flights added over the Xmas period, showing how popular that route has become

Inghams Ski have added BOH to there winter program which is new and very welcome but are taking seats on the Easy Jet flights on a Saturday . Along with Crystal Ski they have a big program now and the 2nd Easyjet flight has been upgraded to a A320 on Saturday to accommodate

Sharklet_321
25th May 2019, 14:21
80% load factors on both of Loganair's flights today to/from BOH, albeit operating as a combined GCI and JER flight. But at least this shows some potential.

shamrock7seal
29th May 2019, 18:36
Total pax was down 2% to 39,419 from 40,298.

Top:

Paphos 3,193 up 120%
Alicante 4,537 up 26%
Krakow 3,106 up 15%
Malta 3,106 up 8%

Average:

Barbados 277 up 2%
Bergen 144 down 2%
Geneva 7,447 down 3% (But SOU down 17%)
Enontekio 300 (not operated last year)
Nantes 104 (not operated last year)

Worst (Why?):

Las Palmas 355 down 80%
Lanzarote 1,273 down 59%
Tenerife 2,617 down 44%
Malaga 3,158 down 22%
Faro 2,960 down 16%

Not operated in March 2019 versus March 2018:

Girona 0 pax versus 958 LY
Murcia 0 pax versus 983 LY
Palma 0 pax versus 1,539 LY
Seville 0 pax versus 156 LY
Turin 0 pax versus 138 LY
Tromso 0 pax versus 232 LY
Akureyri 0 pax versus 158 LY

Hopefully April 2019 will provide some more positive performance???

MARKEYD
30th May 2019, 07:34
I would go so far as to say the passenger figures are wrong, particularly the Canaria Islands. There has been an ongoing problem with these figures and not sure why

This of course reflects on the stats being shown but remember Easter was at the end of March last year and the summer schedule for Ryanair started the last week as well , so really nothing to worry about

TartinTon
30th May 2019, 07:43
A lot of the shortages are going to be due to the way Easter falls (01Apr 2018 vs 21Apr 2019). I always think you need to look at the two months combined to see if there are any real traffic trends.

shamrock7seal
30th May 2019, 21:24
That’s a good idea. Let’s come back again once the April figures are out. I’m happy about the Ryanair Paphos performance which seems to have improved significantly.

MARKEYD
31st May 2019, 07:49
Don't be as you forget that TUI restarted flights in March thats 3 flights a week, the passenger figures have all been lumped together

Le Tirer
31st May 2019, 08:16
Again I think it shows the CAA figures cannot be trusted as usually passenger numbers for Ryanair flights appear under 'Scheduled' and TUI flights under 'Charter'. By my calculations there are 6682 passengers 'missing' from the route analysis tables. The Canary Island figures are, as Mark says, fairly obviously wrong. It could be that the Paphos scheduled figure is Ryanair only and is correct and the charter figure is TUI and is wrong (171 would suggest only one flight has been included) or it could be that they have incorrectly been lumped together.

Dropoffcharge
31st May 2019, 08:24
Still nothing realeased for Ibiza and Mahon by TUI in S20, seems strange this one.

Flitefone
31st May 2019, 11:53
Still nothing realeased for Ibiza and Mahon by TUI in S20, seems strange this one.

I used the Mahon earlier this month, completely full both ways. Have also heard that currently up to half a dozen TUI routes in the pipeline for announcement soon, possibly inc Cape Verde (a Max no doubt - so likely pending outcomes of return to service and then a Max based a/c at BOH - which had been in the plan).

Either way I think Naples, Mahon and Ibiza will be back in 2020

FF

Dropoffcharge
31st May 2019, 15:44
I used the Mahon earlier this month, completely full both ways. Have also heard that currently up to half a dozen TUI routes in the pipeline for announcement soon, possibly inc Cape Verde (a Max no doubt - so likely pending outcomes of return to service and then a Max based a/c at BOH - which had been in the plan).

FF
That all sounds very promising then, fingers crossed the max issues get sorted out and it all comes to fruition, it would be great for BOH.

rog747
31st May 2019, 15:59
TUI Group are stating they think the MAX will be unlikely to see service again for them this summer and their losses may approach 300m Euros with a up to 26% downturn in the year figures.
Ouch.

Flitefone
31st May 2019, 16:52
TUI Group are stating they think the MAX will be unlikely to see service again for them this summer and their losses may approach 300m Euros with a up to 26% downturn in the year figures.
Ouch.

I agree that the Max issues are huge, IATA are saying August for the recertification - I think even that is optimistic. But what do I know.

What is clear is that with such a huge backlog of grounded and partially completed aircraft to fix (about 500 and rising by 40+ per month) it will be next summer season in Europe before all the wrinkles of this year will have been resolved.

FF

ROC10
31st May 2019, 19:10

FF

TUI use 738s from BRS and LGW to Cape Verde (neither were planned to be MAX this summer) so BOH certainly wouldn't need a MAX for these flights (even if preferable).

Sharklet_321
31st May 2019, 21:20
Ouch.

They should be able to get compensation from Boeing for the MAX related losses

rog747
1st Jun 2019, 06:59
Well TUI have announced that they are taking up to a 300m Euro hit (ie: direct costs, £££money spent out on service recovery etc for the S19 disruptions)
That is TUI as a whole - not just the UK MAX ops.

Assume they send that bill into Boeing once the 737M-8 is online again?

Regards, R

MARKEYD
8th Jun 2019, 09:56
Ryanair have added over 32 extra flights to cover the half term in October/November period
These include all the usual destinations served in the summer

Dropoffcharge
8th Jun 2019, 10:16
Ryanair have added over 32 extra flights to cover the half term in October/November period
These include all the usual destinations served in the summer

32 extra purely from BOH, anymore details on which routes days etc Mark, any new/tester routes?

MARKEYD
8th Jun 2019, 11:56
TUI are continuing with Ibiza for 2020 but switched to a Saturday morning departure instead of Wednesday

This definitely now means 2 aircraft based for the weekend and hopefully filling in the Friday gap soon will take BOH to 2 aircraft for Fri- Sun

shamrock7seal
9th Jun 2019, 15:01
MARKEYD pls correct my errors... From what I can tell the following are additional:

Paphos Mon 28th Oct, Wed 30th Oct, Sat 2nd Nov, Mon 4th Nov
Prague Mon 28th Oct, Mon 4th Nov
Krakow Wed 30th Oct
Faro Tue 29th Oct, Sun 3rd Nov, Tue 5th Nov
Alicante Tue 29th Oct, Thu 31st Oct
Girona Mon 28th Oct, Wed 30th Oct, Fri 1st Nov, Sat 2nd Nov, Mon 4th Nov
Malaga Mon 28th Oct, Sat 2nd Nov, Sun 3rd Nov, Mon 4th Nov, Tue 5th Nov
Palma Sun 27th Oct, Mon 28th Oct, Tue 29th Oct, Wed 30th Oct, Thu 31st Oct, Fri 1st Nov, Sat 2nd Nov, Sun 3rd Nov, Mon 4th Nov, Tue 5th Nov

12,096 additional seats. Pretty impressive.

MerchantVenturer
9th Jun 2019, 20:16
I would agree with a future Jet2 at BOH. Look at how they are competing successfully when head to head with Ryanair at other UK airports. So the presence of Ryanair at BOH probably doesn't bother them in the slightest. They may even see it as a positive to provide an alternative. However, Jet2 seems to go into bases in a big way and there just isn't the demand in the BOH catchment to do that. I would hazard a guess that if they do ever do BOH it would be a split base with EXT. Jet2 could also do very well from EXT and chip away at the easyJet/Ryanair BRS base.
I think that BRS has more to worry about at the moment than the thought of a Jet2 EXT base chipping away at the Lulsgate easyJet/Ryanair base, not that in normal circumstances it would be very concerned.

Currently BRS has a planning application with the local authority linked to an application to have its 10 mppa limit raised to 12 mppa (the airport says it will be over 9 mppa by the end of this year and 12 mppa by 2025). Until last month's local elections the local authority in which BRS sits was overwhelmingly Conservative and was likely to approve the applications. The Conservatives received a beating at the elections and the nucleus of the council now is Independent/Lib-Dem/ Green. I can't see these approving the applications which would no doubt mean an airport appeal to the Planning Inspectorate which could take up to a year for a final decision.

If BRS can't get its 10 mppa raised after it has exhausted all avenues it would be good news for the likes of CWL and EXT, and to a lesser extent for BOH and possibly SOU as well.

Flitefone
10th Jun 2019, 10:10
I think that BRS has more to worry about at the moment....
If BRS can't get its 10 mppa raised after it has exhausted all avenues it would be good news for the likes of CWL and EXT, and to a lesser extent for BOH and possibly SOU as well.

MV is spot on, BHX the likely the biggest beneficiary of delays st BRS not to mention the inevitable obstacles still facing LHR.

The future should be reasonably bright for the other airports in the Southwest and CWL.

FF

Sharklet_321
10th Jun 2019, 13:54
What is the 'Green' party policy on Regional Airports versus large hubs like LHR? If they are pro regionals due to less car traffic on the road then that could be an argument to lift the cap on BRS.

FrequentlyFlying
10th Jun 2019, 19:19
I think they will be against air travel expansion full stop to be honest. I am sure someone will be a GP member but from my experiences in Local Govt I would say awareness of climate issues ‘politically’ is at an all time high and I wouldn’t fancy any airports regional or city chances of getting any expansion through, without a strong national govt lead prepared to take that on in appeal,

Locally regardless of planners views or financial benefits being positive, politically it would be a huge benefit for a councillor or council leader to go with the public mood.... or they know they will be gone.

BOH are very lucky to have expansion built in on the airside already (FR legacy) and I am sure the access to and from can be suitably ‘greened up’ to get through. BRS vs Greens inroads I can’t see it happening. Bristol is getting greener than Brighton!

LGS6753
10th Jun 2019, 20:24
It's difficult to get one's head around the lunacy of the Greens. In their last election manifesto they promised continuous recession, because "growth is unsustainable". Millions of jobs would go, especially in aviation, car manufacturing, etc with the promise of more jobs in yoghurt knitting and wood whittling.

Sharklet_321
11th Jun 2019, 13:24
Very funny - couldn’t have said it better myself.

They have said said they want to stop brownfield site development for fear it would displace the wildlife that has adopted brownfield sites as home. Theirs is often an extremist viewpoint which is just as bad as all out growth with no regard for the environment.

MARKEYD
11th Jun 2019, 16:14
Anyone know what’s going on between the departure terminal and the arrivals hall . All the fences are down and it looks like a land fill , never seen such a mess

Shocking first impressions for anyone turning up for a flight

There is even a small clip on “ YouTube “ showing the state of it , very poor image

yeo valley
11th Jun 2019, 17:49
With fences down,would it mean high winds,or you not had high winds in BOH.

Flitefone
11th Jun 2019, 19:39
With fences down,would it mean high winds,or you not had high winds in BOH.

It appears to be work in progress, clearing of the site looks intentional, as if for some kind of change. I had assumed relocation of the car rental offices or some such, as well as a possible undercover link between Departures and Arrivals.

time will tell

FF

RuFFuS77
12th Jun 2019, 16:40
The area has been used as dumping ground ever since MAG decided to save money by building a much smaller than planned arrivals hall. The history wall between the two buildings depicted the history of the airport including concord flights and Virgin Atlantic Global flyer, blew down many times, the last time being the winter just passed when it wasn't repaired. There are no plans in the pipeline to develop this site.

FrequentlyFlying
13th Jun 2019, 07:54
Any info on how these are performing at BOH?

The Krakow Route seems to have established itself, just nice to see cities working from the often described ‘bucket and spade’ airport!

obviously we won’t know yields but early loads hopefully are good anyone? Would love a German City next!

philip duncan
13th Jun 2019, 08:08
Any info on how these are performing at BOH?

The Krakow Route seems to have established itself, just nice to see cities working from the often described ‘bucket and spade’ airport!

obviously we won’t know yields but early loads hopefully are good anyone? Would love a German City next!
We travelled to Prague last month 16th May & returned on 19th flight was full both ways,
excellent service and good timings. Would be good to see Austria back again, Innsbruck was always a popular winter Ski flight and used it many times always full.

shamrock7seal
13th Jun 2019, 18:48
In the four times i've used the DUB service so far this year it's been 90-95% full

Sharklet_321
13th Jun 2019, 19:26
According to the local news online, Ryanair have added an 'extra weekly flight for W19/20 to Las Palmas' on Saturdays but I can only see one weekly flight on Saturdays on the website. Is this a new Winter service or a continuation or have the media got it wrong?

Nakata77
15th Jun 2019, 09:34
Re Gran Canaria, it's a continuation of Ryanairs previously summer only operation. This is great news! Ryanair seems to be slowly building back up their winter operation from Bournemouth.

MARKEYD
15th Jun 2019, 11:20
Mon
BOH CFU BOH LPA BOH

Tue
BOH PMI BOH KEF BOH

Wed
BOH .... BOH PFO BOH

Thu
BOH PMI BOH ACE BOH

Fri
BOH CFU BOH TFS BOH

A/C 2 BOH .... BOH HER BOH

Sat
BOH PMI BOH RHO BOH

A/C 2 BOH IBZ BOH AYT BOH

Sun
BOH ACE BOH BOH DLM BOH

A/C 2 BOH PMI BOH ZTH BOH

This is the latest TUI schedule for summer 2020 with 2 gaps left to fill on a Wed and Fri am

shamrock7seal
15th Jun 2019, 14:45
Why was todays GCI/JER flight canceled?

cobopete
15th Jun 2019, 15:29
It’s still on stand 3 at GCI. Gone tech?
See webcam at Aurigny.cam
Just departed...1715
Pete

Sharklet_321
19th Jun 2019, 11:24
Not such pleasant reading, BOH didn't seem to grow at the 20% the airport keep talking about in the latest stats released by the CAA. It grew by only 7% and it's hard to see where exactly the growth is coming from other than new Ryanair services.

April 2019 69,079 versus 64,431 +7%

Gainers

Prague 2,636 (This is an 87% load factor and compares favourably/better than other Ryanair Prague services from NCL, EMA and LBA
Paphos 4,240 +186% (Ryanair 2,989 and TUI 1,251)
Dublin 5,297 (This is an 82% load factor for the firs month of resumption of service)
Tenerife 4,731 +13% (TUI 3,116 FR 1,615)
Krakow 3,120 +1%

Losers

Venice 357 (4 flights were operated, works out at 89 pax per flight - basically terrible!)
Malta 2,547 -23% (a terrible result and shows Ryanair has cannibalised it's own services by starting EXT-MLA just a couple hours west of BOH)
Faro 5,631 -10%
Alicante 5,996 -4%
Girona 5,336 -5%
Murcia 5,588 -1%
Palma 9,053 -2% (FR 7,850 TUI 1,203)
Lanzarote 2,747 -16%
Las Palmas 2,925 -10%

Not operated

Geneva 0 pax -100% (last year 3,956)

MARKEYD
19th Jun 2019, 12:32
To be fair here it’s not as bad as you have made out

The Rigby group did state the 20 % growth they are expecting is for the whole overall year not April

So 7 % for April is pretty good

Dont forget the 3 new summer routes from TUI and the extra Ryanair flights to Alicante and Palma will make a difference along with routes to Dublin , Prague and Paphos which are all extra this year

With regard to the Venice flights , only 1 set of figures have been given and they are wrong, both flights went out full . A few more flights are planned this Autumn but the problem is finding a spare aircraft to operate

Malta I agree is a slight worry with EXT so near

SWBKCB
19th Jun 2019, 13:12
Prague 2,636 (This is an 87% load factor and compares favourably/better than other Ryanair Prague services from NCL, EMA and LBA

Maybe because RYR don't fly to Prague from NCL??

Sharklet_321
19th Jun 2019, 13:48
SWBKCB sorry you are correct, Jet2 in fact operate the NCL-PRG route

Dropoffcharge
19th Jun 2019, 18:45
To be fair here it’s not as bad as you have made out

The Rigby group did state the 20 % growth they are expecting is for the whole overall year not April

So 7 % for April is pretty good

Think Mark has hit the nail on the head, it's actually quite a good start, the 20% overall for the whole year looks very achievable, more promising growth than could be said for SOU.

Flitefone
19th Jun 2019, 20:37
Think Mark has hit the nail on the head, it's actually quite a good start, the 20% overall for the whole year looks very achievable, more promising growth than could be said for SOU.

Absolutely, for instance I believe Malta last year had more rotations (9) than this year (8) because of the way the days fall, the load factor variation one year to the next is, on that basis marginal, so far from terrible, in fact it is apparently quite stable.

FF

stewyb
19th Jun 2019, 21:26
BOH have to hope that SOU dont attract EZY or Jet2 in the near future as that would certainly reduce their growth figures. With BE dropping sun routes, you would expect an airline to step in and offer cheaper, more frequent flights on the med routes at some point!

shamrock7seal
20th Jun 2019, 06:49
I think the reason Flybe is dropping said routes from SOU is due to the FR competition at Bournemouth. I wouldn't advise anyone to go into SOU at this point unless they are ready to face the onslaught from Ryanair at Bournemouth.

This could all change in an instant though if Ryanair themselves went into SOU after the runway extension there.

The Nutts Mutts
20th Jun 2019, 08:35
I think the reason Flybe is dropping said routes from SOU is due to the FR competition at Bournemouth.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are Flybe actually dropping any sun routes from SOU? The only thing I can think of are the question marks over their ability to operate the routes from summer 2020 onwards once the E195s leave the fleet. That seems to be more of an operational than a commercial issue- they’ve operated sun routes from SOU for years with healthy loads.

shamrock7seal
20th Jun 2019, 10:19
Go to the route cause of the problem, 'aircraft' are being used as an excuse by Flybe for a failed strategy. They have operated for many years probably at a contribution level and not profit level. The reason for that? Competition! Larger aircraft, lower seat mile costs and lower fares of the competition mean less and less pax and dwindling contribution for Flybe; possibly even negative contribution to Direct Operating Costs. Hence the desperate need to get rid of the aircraft/routes. It's not just sun routes from SOU it's most if not all sun routes from UK regions.

Sharklet_321
24th Jun 2019, 09:12
BOH will most likely grow by 18% looking at performance to date and upcoming growth. Surprisingly they are actually down on last year same period.

Mar18-Apr19 686,000
Mar17-Apr18 690,000

Predicted increase to come (assuming Ryanair operate to PFO at 1 weekly over winter i.e Nov & Dec) between May-Dec19: 120,000

Prediction for the calendar year 2019: 794,000 (18% above 2018 which was 674,000)

If the winter FR PFO route doesn't happen it'll be more like 789,000

Dropoffcharge
24th Jun 2019, 09:34
Steady growth this year considering the B word etc, also lucky that BOH has been unaffected by the MAX issues, I believe 2020 will be a much stronger year, what with the extra TUI routes, plus with possibly more still to come from them.

MARKEYD
24th Jun 2019, 15:33
TUI have added as expected Mahon back into the schedule for next summer 2020
The flight departs on a Friday morning now

There is still a gap left on Wednesday morning which I think will be Naples

This now confirms a second based aircraft from Friday to Sunday

Great news to see this happening with TUI

MARKEYD
4th Jul 2019, 14:23
TUI seem to be messing around with the schedule again with Mahon removed from sale on Friday for 2020

Not sure what is happening to be honest , at the moment there are still 2 gaps left in the flying program it could be that the Wednesday gap gets filled with something and the 2 nd aircraft that starts on a Friday now positions in to start the afternoon flight instead ?

Sharklet_321
6th Jul 2019, 08:57
Considering the 737-Max issues it's anyones guess if TUI can still operate their full schedule from anywhere in 2020

rog747
7th Jul 2019, 08:09
Yep indeed when it goes Pete Tong it really does in high season - not something you want when you already have a dozen ACMI airlines on your books to cover the 9 MAX's

BOH has taken a bit of a Tech pounding, but it seems many TUI bases are affected with delays and AOG's

From AVHerald Incident: Titan A320
operating for TUI flight BY517
RAK-LGW
Mayday near Bordeaux on Jul 5th 2019, engine stall

A Titan Airways Airbus A320 on behalf of TUI Airways, registration G-POWM was enroute at FL360 over the Bay of Biscay about 100nm northwest of Bordeaux when the crew declared a Mayday reporting they were descending due to an engine (IAE V2527) stall. The aircraft diverted to Bordeaux for a safe landing on runway 23 about 35 minutes later.
A listener on frequency reported the crew called Mayday due to an engine stall and reported they were descending. After working the checklists they requested to divert to Bordeaux.

The occurrence aircraft is still on the ground in Bordeaux about 31 hours after landing.

So Titan then have now try to cover the AOG of this one for the TUI contracts....

MARKEYD
16th Jul 2019, 09:42
P & O cruises are up grading the Barbados flights next January and March from a TUI B 788 to a series 9 aircraft

Ryanair have added an extra 6 flights to Faro and 3 extra flights to Krakow in Dec/ Jan to cover the holiday season , these destinations haven’t seen extra capacity at that time of year before
This is in addition to extra flights to ALC and AGP

bob1810
18th Jul 2019, 08:36
Does anyone know the load factors of the Loganair flights

shamrock7seal
18th Jul 2019, 09:39
MARKEYD The Ryanair extra services are excellent news especially given the fact that they just literally announced potential base closures re MAX issues. I think we can take it from these additional flights that BOH is not one of the airports they are considering reducing capacity at or closing.

uptoncol
18th Jul 2019, 18:16
Hi All
Tui have now added Mahon on a Wednesday morning for 2020 ,which now fills the gap for that day ,
Friday still missing 1 gap
Cheers col

MARKEYD
19th Jul 2019, 09:12
Mon
BOH CFU BOH LPA BOH

Tue
BOH PMI BOH EFL BOH

Wed
BOH MAH BOH PFO BOH

Thu
BOH PMI BOH ACE BOH

Fri
BOH CFU BOH TFS BOH

A/C 2
BOH REU BOH HER BOH

Sat
BOH PMI BOH RHO BOH

A/C 2
BOH IBZ BOH AYT BOH

Sun
BOH ACE BOH DLM BOH

A/C 2
BOH PMI BOH ZTH BOH

This is the up to date TUI schedule for summer 2020 as of July 19
New routes to Zante and Reus and extra service to Corfu so far

shamrock7seal
19th Jul 2019, 09:26
So no Naples? I thought this was coming back

MARKEYD
19th Jul 2019, 10:07
So did i but i would have thought it would have gone on sale by now?

Perhaps Ryanair might try it as it seems a very popular destination

MARKEYD
19th Jul 2019, 16:54
May passenger figures are finally out !!

Bournemouth handled 85 , 976 passengers up 20 % or over 14 , 000 passengers from last year
A great set of figures for the beginning of the summer season

Not totally convinced still with TUI passenger figures to the Canary island again or the new destinations to Greece as different start dates in May just don't add up , however the fact they are continuing next summer and some routes like Corfu going twice a week now says they are performing well

New Ryanair routes

Dublin 4959 146 pax
Prague 2950. 164 pax
Paphos 176 pax

Loganair to Jersey saw 245 pax making an average on the 12 flights operated at just 10 pax, make of that what you think but i would be very surprised if that route came back next year, leave that to Southampton i think

MARKEYD
20th Jul 2019, 08:20
New route with TUI to Reus for 2020

Just as i thought that was the last route to be added Reus has appeared as a new destination on Friday mornings which now means 2 based TUI aircraft from Fri - Sun

Great to see another new route albeit Spain again , would have been good to see Naples , Funchal or Croatia as new places but not complaining

Sharklet_321
22nd Jul 2019, 08:58
Good to see the 20% increase in May 19 but it could have been higher had TUI performance been better. It looks like TUI had a very poor May 19 from BOH.

TUI figures only:

Corfu 1,283 -5%
Paphos 1,471 (down from 1,856 May 18) in competition with FR
Heraklion 1,325 NEW
Kefalonia 757 NEW
Rhodes 762 -40%
Naples 0 (down from 1,283 May 18)
Mahon 775 -39%
Palma 4,307 (down from 5,068 May 18) in competition with FR
Lanzarote 2,205 (down from 3,262 May 18)
Las Palmas 1,090 (down from 1,473 May 18) in competition with FR
Tenerife 705 (down from 1,684 May 18) in competition with FR
Antalya 183 NEW
Dalaman 486 +173%

Ryanair

Malta seems to have recovered a bit in competition to Exeter. So BOH-MLA is down only 5% versus May 18 with 3,012 pax compared to 2,523 EXT-MLA.
Dublin has impacted Flybe from SOU as SOU-DUB is down 21%.
Good performance on the new Prague route.
Excellent performance on Krakow growing by 16% versus last year.
Good performance on Faro +8%, Alicante +7% and Girona +3%.
Murcia grew by around 5%.

Loganair

Loganair should just give up from BOH it's not the right business model. How can they continue to lose so much money by operating these flights with 30% load factors with air fares that are 100% higher than SOU on some days.

Le Tirer
22nd Jul 2019, 09:52
Not totally convinced still with TUI passenger figures to the Canary island again or the new destinations to Greece as different start dates in May just don't add up

As MarkeyD points out the figures are yet again not totally correct. In April the figures in the Route Analysis exactly matched the total Terminal and Transit passengers. In May it is 6123 short which would easily account for the perceived drop on certain routes. With TUI adding more routes next year, I do not believe that their existing routes are performing as badly as the figures allege. It would be helpful if the CAA figures were always accurate but this seems to be a forlorn hope!

LT

Sharklet_321
22nd Jul 2019, 10:05
Recently the CAA airport data is always released so late and loads of errors & mistakes contained... must be budget cuts affecting CAA

BOHEuropean
22nd Jul 2019, 15:41
Tue
BOH PMI BOH KEF BOH

Well done on keeping us up to date, Markeyd! Just one small correction, Kefalonia is EFL. KEF is Keflavík, Iceland.

MARKEYD
22nd Jul 2019, 17:38
I thought I new my 3 letter codes by now
cheers ... !!

Severn
26th Jul 2019, 08:41
TUI - Summer 2020 (Following on from MARKEYDs posts)

Summer 2020 will see TUI base a 2nd aircraft from Fri-Sun each week. This aircraft will be one of two based in LTN meaning it will be split Mon-Thu in LTN and Fri-Sun in BOH.

Summary
Summer 19: 17x departures per week (14x TUI, 2x FHY and 1x AEA)
Summer 19: 13x routes

Summer 20: 20x departures per week (20x TUI)
Summer 20: 15x routes (new routes to REU and ZTH)

Weekly departures in 2020
PMI x4
CFU x2 (+1 from 2019)
ACE x2
REU x1 (New route)
ZTH x1 (New route)
AYT x1 (operated by FHY in 19, operated by TUI in 20)
DLM x1 (operated by FHY in 19, operated by TUI in 20)
EFL x1
HER x1
IBZ x1
LPA x1
MAH x1
PFO x1
RHO x1
TFS x1 (operated by AEA in 19, operated by TUI in 20)

Sharklet_321
2nd Aug 2019, 08:07
June data for the Loganair flights from BOH to GCI and JER are now available:

GCI: 71
JER: 252
Total: 323

Total capacity provided: 962
Load factor: 33.6%

stewyb
2nd Aug 2019, 10:04
June data for the Loganair flights from BOH to GCI and JER are now available:

GCI: 71
JER: 252
Total: 323

Total capacity provided: 962
Load factor: 33.6%

Won't be seeing these back next year, leave this business to SOU

MARKEYD
11th Aug 2019, 14:47
Not sure if there will be any issues with Ryanair and the base closures this winter from BOH

It really only effects 3 flights from Faro and Las Palmas which could quite easily be operated by the BOH based aircraft with a bit of a schedule change and timings

At the moment the based aircraft is only used once a day during the winter season so be easy to move around

As regards next summer nothing has been published and not usually on sale until mid September but Faro and LPA could be incorporated into the BOH based plane possibly

Have to watch this space with FR

Dropoffcharge
11th Aug 2019, 15:43
Not sure if there will be any issues with Ryanair and the base closures this winter from BOH

It really only effects 3 flights from Faro and Las Palmas which could quite easily be operated by the BOH based aircraft with a bit of a schedule change and timings

At the moment the based aircraft is only used once a day so be easy to move around

As regards next summer nothing has been published and not usually on sale until mid September but Faro and LPA could be incorporated into the BOH based plane possibly

Could those european base closures actually be a positive for some BOH expansion, ie extra based A/C for 2020? There is plenty of under used stand space for overnight parking etc.

SWBKCB
11th Aug 2019, 16:32

One a/c base, with one flight a day? I would imagine the question will at least be asked.

Buster the Bear
11th Aug 2019, 22:26

At the moment the based aircraft is only used once a day during the winter season so be easy to move around

The Hurn based crew operate well under the 900 hour maximum, so they shift them out to other airports to cover over the winter period.

Le Tirer
19th Aug 2019, 11:58
The June figures have been published at last with a total of 89,200 passengers up 19% on 2018 (74870).

Unfortunately, despite the CAA claim that 'June tables are now complete', any sort comparison with 2018 by destination is fairly meaningless as the Route Analysis tables are a whopping 9,829 passengers short. It is anybody's guess where these missing numbers should be but from past experience it could well be the TUI routes again.

LT

shamrock7seal
20th Aug 2019, 16:22
Does in fact look like something is very wrong with the TUI numbers. All of the routes (apart from the Turkish ones) looks to be about 50% under-reported. They can't all be 50% declines on last year. This must be the data discrepancy.

Sharklet_321
21st Aug 2019, 08:38
BOH June passengers as reported above 89,200 versus 74,870 up 19%.

Positives

Paphos 3,941 +164%
Alicante 5,723 +1%
Malta 2,782 - no change. Positive result considering EXT-MLA route in competition

Negatives

All other routes are showing significant negatives which simply cannot be correct given the overall growth.

Naples 0 -100%
Corfu 930 -50% (surely this is not correct)
Ibiza 739 -49% (ditto)
Mahon 767 -48% (ditto)
Lanzarote 1,484 -46% (ditto)
Rhodes 1,110 -40% (ditto)
Las Palmas 2,442 -25%
Dalaman 1,368 -21%
Krakow 2,917 -9%
Malaga 8,671 -6% (affect of Ryanair EXT-AGP?)
Murcia -5%
Faro 5,795 -5%
Girona 5,975 -5%
Tenerife 2,782 -4%
Palma 15,059 -2% (TUI numbers are not correct in this mix, was expecting PMI to show positive growth due additional flight per week by Ryanair)

New

Dublin 5,209
Heraklion 1,094
Kafalonia 742
Antalya 1,303
Prague 2,630
Jersey 253 (pathetic!)
Guernsey 58 (laughably low)

Total new routes: 10,978 still leaving 3,352 pax unaccounted for (can't be football or other one off charters which I estimate to not be more than 500-600)

MARKEYD
21st Aug 2019, 09:23
The June figures have been published at last with a total of 89,200 passengers up 19% on 2018 (74870).

Unfortunately, despite the CAA claim that 'June tables are now complete', any sort comparison with 2018 by destination is fairly meaningless as the Route Analysis tables are a whopping 9,829 passengers short. It is anybody's guess where these missing numbers should be but from past experience it could well be the TUI routes again.

LT

I make it the same

I think its definitely the TUI figures are well out and have been for ages now
As regards Ryanair and Palma this month there is a big increase of an extra 2500 pax due to the extra flight and i believe if the TUI figures are adjusted there should have been approx 17, 500 pax use the Palma route in June

Sharklet_321
23rd Aug 2019, 09:34
I wish BOH would bring Wizzair back. We need service to Warsaw, Budapest and Bucharest. They seem intent on developing from Doncaster and now Southend complimenting their Luton base so they have a positive mind-set with the UK despite Brexit. Surely the MD at BOH could utilise his past relationship with Wizzair when he was at DSA?

MARKEYD
23rd Aug 2019, 13:43
How do you know that the MD hasn’t all ready been activating a plan by talking with Ryanair and Wizz already

Krakow and Prague are doing very well so far and Bournemouth as we know , it responds far better to small controlled growth

Watch the space for something, the MD is on the case

yeo valley
23rd Aug 2019, 14:34
I wish BOH would bring Wizzair back. We need service to Warsaw, Budapest and Bucharest. They seem intent on developing from Doncaster and now Southend complimenting their Luton base so they have a positive mind-set with the UK despite Brexit. Surely the MD at BOH could utilise his past relationship with Wizzair when he was at DSA?

If the services out of BOH then they would not have pulled out.Pax loads don't matter so much but its the yield that counts.The workers over here are going back to their respective countries which will helpno route even the established services from various airports will struggle.We got 30 days or so till we know about Brexit in which way it will go for a deal or no deal.So deal or no deal either way it will affect the migrante workers and the airlines.I was surprised they going to start services from SEN with LTN not far away.

Captcargo
26th Aug 2019, 10:57
Route expansion may well be easier through non-originating traffic than always trying to get Ryanair to increase their presence, Our area has a lot to offer the tourist from abroad, link this to interesting destinations should produce good load factors and yield. I wish the MD well in his negotiations.

Sharklet_321
28th Aug 2019, 15:16
BOH-GCI 33
BOH-JER 368
Total: 401

Capacity: 962

Load factor: 42%

MARKEYD
30th Aug 2019, 12:27
At the moment the Ryanair schedule has been changed a little for the winter to accommodate the closure in the Canary Islands

The TFS flights are operated by a BOH based aircraft and the LPA flight on a Saturday has also now changed to become a BOH based flight with the ALC service operating in the morning

Remains to be seen how the Faro flights work but looks to be aircraft availability

Sharklet_321
30th Aug 2019, 13:09
New flights just announced by BOH and TUI to Reus from May 2020

LAX2000
30th Aug 2019, 14:41
Be nice if TUI could operate the Friday Heraklion flight to schedule, every week it seems to leave over a hour later than its departure time of 13:25.

MARKEYD
30th Aug 2019, 15:19
New flights just announced by BOH and TUI to Reus from May 2020

This was actually announced back in July , post 708

“ do keep up 007 “ !!! 🤣

Sharklet_321
30th Aug 2019, 16:26
This was actually announced back in July , post 708

“ do keep up 007 “ !!! 🤣

oops my bad 😳

loopylee
30th Aug 2019, 18:24
Be nice if TUI could operate the Friday Heraklion flight to schedule, every week it seems to leave over a hour later than its departure time of 13:25.

Due to changes to flights CFU instead of NAP on Friday AM the slots changed and have changed the scheduled times. Flight radar didn’t catch up so looks like it’s late every week. They are also tight turnaround times so things can run late!

Sharklet_321
2nd Sep 2019, 11:14
Really annoying also that Flight Radar never picks up the Freebird flights to Dalaman and Antalya or the Norwegian flights to Tenerife.

LAX2000
2nd Sep 2019, 12:02
Due to changes to flights CFU instead of NAP on Friday AM the slots changed and have changed the scheduled times. Flight radar didn’t catch up so looks like it’s late every week. They are also tight turnaround times so things can run late!

The departure time of 13:25 is on my TUI ticket, not flight radar

Sharklet_321
6th Sep 2019, 10:49
Thomas Cook now appear to be selling city breaks from Bournemouth on Ryanair flights to Dublin, Prague and Krakow.

Smart move and hopefully this will result in further sustainability of these markets going forward

MARKEYD
24th Sep 2019, 15:19
Bournemouth passenger figures for July are finally out and it was worth the wait

Figures show 95 , 320 used Bournemouth up a whopping 28 % or just under an extra 21 , 000 passengers from last July

Unfortunately there are no passenger figures at all to compare with last years movements , something very strange going on this year with CAA figures for BOH

Ryanair have started to release summer 2020 routes with Dublin and Krakow continuing as before but on slightly different days and same frequency

RW20
24th Sep 2019, 16:38
Well done BOU!,good management and investment has really paid off!
The airport is certainly becoming THE regional airport of the south coast.

MARKEYD
1st Oct 2019, 16:35
At the moment Ryanair are slowly releasing there programme for summer 2020 which is excactly the same as this year
There are still some destinations to be added like PMI , GRO and PFO and hopefully will see an increase in flights per week like this year , later on this year probably

At the moment TUI have added an extra 3 flights a week to there schedule CFU , REU and ZTH making it there largest summer programme ever from Bournemouth

One other bit of news is that Loganair have taken BOH off there destination list , absolutely no surprise there at all

Flitefone
1st Oct 2019, 20:19
Bournemouth passenger figures for July are finally out and it was worth the wait

Figures show 95 , 320 used Bournemouth up a whopping 28 % or just under an extra 21 , 000 passengers from last July

Unfortunately there are no passenger figures at all to compare with last years movements , something very strange going on this year with CAA figures for BOH

Ryanair have started to release summer 2020 routes with Dublin and Krakow continuing as before but on slightly different days and same frequency

Details look very good - significant growth across the board vs last year.

FF

CCFAIRPORT
9th Oct 2019, 13:32
regarding the website , ryanair will close the Bournemouth-Pafos route the 4th of November !

MARKEYD
9th Oct 2019, 14:59
Its not being closed , the Paphos route is seasonal now , performed very well this summer but low loads in the winter
TUI are actually operating all year now with this route except for a 6 week break in January

Ryanair still to load quite a few routes from BOH though so will have to see

Le Tirer
12th Oct 2019, 20:59
Paphos flights for Summer 2020 are now showing on the App but not the website although not yet bookable as it says "The flight is sold out". Tuesdays and Saturdays as this year from 31/3 to 24/10. Still waiting for GRO, PMI and LPA.

adfly
17th Oct 2019, 19:21
Regular winter summary below, thanks to MARKEYD for info on the one off flights. Additional Ryanair capacity should improve numbers this winter.

easyJet Switzerland

Geneva - 6 weekly 319/20

Hurtigruten Cruises

Bergen - Titan 321 (08/11, 29/11, 08/03)

Newmarket Holidays

Pajala - Enter 738 (07/12)

Omega

Northern Lights Flight - TUI 738 (18/02)

P&O Cruises

Barbados - TUI 789 (03/01, 25/01, 20/03)

Ryanair - (1 based 738)

Alicante - 3-4 weekly
Dublin - 4 weekly
Faro - 2-3 weekly
Krakow - 2-3 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Malaga - 2 weekly
Malta - 2 weekly
Prague - 2 weekly
Tenerife South - 1 weekly

Santa's Lapland

Ivalo - Titan 320/321 (30/11, 07/12, 18/12)

Transun

Enontekio - TUI 738 (14/12), Enter 738 (19/01, 30/01)

TUI - (1 based 738)

Arrecife - 2 weekly
Kittila - 07/12
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Paphos - 1 weekly (until 25/12 and 26/02-)
Tenerife South - 2 weekly

Overall

Average of between 31 and 35 weekly departures or 4-5 per day. ( W18/19 - 26 to 28 weekly departures, 4 per day)

Le Tirer
18th Oct 2019, 14:53
Ryanair continue to slowly add their Summer 2020 flights. PMI is now on sale for Tuesday and Wednesday, hopefully the rest of the week will be added shortly as there were daily flights this summer. Still no GRO or LPA.

LT

yeo valley
18th Oct 2019, 15:24
Gro base closed. Flights to Gro are only being done from STN at the moment.If Gro is dropped then perhaps open up another route ,or could add a rotation to a route already announced.Still early days for Ryanair to get all routes sorted.

Le Tirer
18th Oct 2019, 15:40
All the GRO flights this summer (Mon, Wed, Fri ,Sat) were operated by the BOH based aircraft. All of the Summer 2020 flights for the based aircraft have been loaded except for GRO. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sharklet_321
18th Oct 2019, 21:16
Barcelona would be good on these days from BOH