Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

shamrock7seal
15th Aug 2017, 07:51
A small increase, but an increase!

MARKEYD
9th Sep 2017, 08:23
Bournemouth handled 81 , 376 passengers in July

Load factors were were as usual for the month high for both Ryanair and Thomson

Krakow seems to be performing very well with Ryanair with average loads about 170 per flight

Ryanair have started to load there Summer 2018 schedule at the moment its a carbon copy of this year . Would be good to see some new destinations again or even a return of IBZ , RHO or ACE but who knows

Dalaman loads averaged about 143 pax on a Freebird A320 on behalf of Thomson and is back on sale again for next summer

Newmarket have axed the 2 flights next summer to Verona and now only use seats on scheduled flights with Ryanair or Thomson to Naples
They have in fact axed all regional departures for next summer , a long way from when they used to have the highest number of charters in the summer from BOH

P & O cruises are continuing there Barbados charters with Thomson with 3 operating at the moment in 2018/ 19

MARKEYD
11th Sep 2017, 08:11
Super Break have added another flight to Iceland using Enter Air for Feb 18

This now takes the total to 7 flights to Bergen , Kiruna , Tromso and Akureyri using Germania and Enter Air , not bad going

Jerry123
11th Sep 2017, 08:42
Do you know if Enter Air will be doing all their flights to Iceland and not just from BOH?

mrshubigbus
11th Sep 2017, 16:34
Mark,

Can BOH get back to that elusive one million passenger mark again? It briefly achieved it in 2007 / 2008 but hasn't come close since. It only needs another one or two based aircraft but that has remained as elusive as ever. I think it only happened in those years when Palmair used two 737-200s for just a couple of seasons as well as Thomson and Ryanair aircraft. It seems amazing that MAG spent all that money back then and have effectively made no real progress at all in attracting just one or two more based aircraft. Either the market just isn't there, which I find hard to believe having reached that milestone before investing 45 million to take the total up to 3 million by now or something more sinister is going on with MAG. I think most locals wish that Palmair hadn't been forced by Ryanair to give up. It would certainly have been a different outcome if they had been able to continue. Since then, as a direct result of Ryanair and MAGs very cosy arrangement, the door has been closed to anybody else trying to muscle in and as a direct result the entire growth of the airport stiffled for the foreseeable future. What is hard to understand is why MAG invested so much when the pax figure was one million to continue that growth, only to go backwards as a result of perhaps their "not quite so cosy" arrangement with Ryanair after all. And now they try and make peanuts out of people dropping off as there appears no other way! Very sad indeed. I've witnessed such incredible growth at Gatwick since 2008 as well as the same at Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, Southend, Southampton etc and even places like Newquay and Doncaster etc. How Bournemouth, in central Southern England, seems to be missing out so much strikes me as just incredible. We've had this conversation before but I think the sad tail of BOH as a commercial airport will rumble on for years to come. At best, simply complete incompetence, at worst just utter gross mismanagement! Most days you can drive past the South apron and it is either empty or very occasionally there is one 737 sat there with just six departures a day on a busy summer weekend day.

kcockayne
11th Sep 2017, 17:15
I would suggest that Bournemouth will never expand to the degree that you would like because of a more popular airport just up the road used by BEE to operate all the bread & butter services that would otherwise use EGHH.

Flitefone
11th Sep 2017, 18:24
The interesting thing about BOH is the very wide variety and volume of other flying activity that goes on. The levels of corporate, defence related, maintenance and training flying are more than BRS, EXT and SOU combined. The number of on site jobs is huge: http://www.magproperty.co.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/MAG_BOH_BIG_Brochure_LowRes.pdf

As for passenger traffic, the parking stand and runway constraints elsewhere will eventually spill over into more pax growth at BOH. And that will be largely summer only for a good while. Meantime those of us living on the south coast will continue to trek a couple of hours or more to reach the airport offering the routes for most of the flying we want to do. FF

stewyb
11th Sep 2017, 18:24
This subject has been played over and over again and yet the same still applies. Unfortunately for BOU the lack of any half decent transport network ie road and rail, will always limit airline and route expansion

shamrock7seal
12th Sep 2017, 03:51
I don't know why people bang on about the transport links being poor and thats why the airport suffers. Have you actually seen Bristol airport? Leeds Bradford airport? They are at the end of almost drive-way type roads - far worse than the access links to BOH.

The fact that BOH has an hourly bus link for the whole day to the train station is wonderful - what gets me is that this is not being used during the Ryanair booking process to try and match flights and timings to ensure a more profitable bus operation.

If the fares are low enough people will travel or find ways to get to the airport.

I just wish the old NATS centre was a hotel instead of a bloody school to encourage more early morning success for the first wave of departures.

to answer MRSHUBIGBUS I think the airport will get to 1m easily with an additional Ryanair aircraft and more w flying - but as you know Ryanair is holding the UK government accountable for it's lack of expansion in the UK due Brexit: again O'Leary using the moment to get people talking and thinking about Ryanair and only Ryanair.

rog747
12th Sep 2017, 07:03
sadly for palmair they never got to grips quick enough nor kept up with the online booking boom - they sat back and relied on their core repeat customer data base, their travel agents booking holidays, and failed to procure new markets so ryanair toddled in and that was that

they also did not have the pax numbers in the lean winter months to keep an aircraft fully occupied at that time - times have now changed and newer markets are there for winter routes but popular destinations like Egypt and Tunisia are off the map and would have hurt Palmair badly had they ventured there

had Palmair got internet savvy back then they may have survived (just)
they also lost the lucrative lease deal from EAC as they went under and had to go to Astraeus for a lease on a much more expensive aircraft although that one was more fuel efficient

IB4138
12th Sep 2017, 07:08
The fact that BOH has an hourly bus link for the whole day to the train station is wonderful

I suggest you look at train arrival times and bus connections to get a passenger to the airport two hours before the early morning departures and revise this statement.
Also car hire companies are not open on some days when flights arrive later evening. Is it assumed there are no inbound visitors?

My first comment on bus/rail connection also applies to inbound flights for buses to the station and onward train departure times.

mrshubigbus
12th Sep 2017, 07:30
With the current situation unlikely to change then, isn't it about time the South side was partially reused for something else aviation wise? That investment way back in 2008 increasing the ramp to 11 stands has clearly been a complete was of money. Overnight no more than two of those stands are used and during the day most of the time you either see none or maybe one in use. Almost everyone on this particular thread accepts that Bournemouth is what it is and will never attract any more "major" business. Even a third based airframe is only going to require one more stand. Why not develop part of the southside into an executive Jet centre with Signature doing so well at their north side site? Bristol and Leeds Bradford have just been mentioned, both out "in the sticks" but both going through "major booms" along with most of the rest of the country yet Bmth fails to attract anything over and over again, and it's got nothing to do with brexit. I believe there is more traffic to be had but MAG really can't be bothered to chase it as they make so much from other activities on the airport. Or is it really time to just accept once and for all that this airport has completely missed the boat and will "NEVER" attract any more airline business. Back to my original point - Will Bournemouth "EVER" reach one million passengers again? Right now it's in about 28th place and falling in terms of UK airport passenger numbers with most below it being small Island airports or others such as Norwich Humberside, Durham Tees Valley and Blackpool that have met the same fate as Bournemouth! I honestly believe it's now game over for any future airline growth! Such a waste! The airport has always played second fiddle to its Southampton neighbour but they both serve different markets, one business, the other the holiday market. Just look at the three major UK "low cost" airlines over the past 20 years. Between them, Ryanair, EasyJet and Jet 2 have gone from around 20 aircraft in 1997 to a staggering near 800 aircraft in 2017 with as many as 1000 aircraft between them within the next five years. Despite that Bournemouth has managed to get just one based RYR 737! Now that really is a staggering statistic isn't it? From Dorchester to Poole, Blandford to Wimborne, Salisbury to Ringwood, Southampton to Bournemouth, New Milton to Christchurch etc housing / population growth in the past 25 years has been huge yet none of that additional traffic is coming through Bournemouth via a low cost carrier is it!!! And yes, a link to the A338 spur road could have been easily made, a hotel could have easily been built and early / late taxi / bus services easily started but no! With dozens and dozens of Channel Island flights operating from both BOH and SOU alone over 30 years ago it sums it up when BOH can't even manage a single flight a year to Guernsey, Jersey or Alderney any more despite a huge market for that above all else, especially bearing in mind that most elderly folk would prefer a ten minute drive to their local airport in this very large "elderly" area. Just one EasyJet aircraft and one from Jet 2 would give the airport the traffic it once had way back in 2007, but this is as likely as Emirates starting a B777 service to Dubai! In that 10 year period the low cost fleet has increased by between 300 and 400 airframes! And finally let's not forget that it was ten years ago that MAG made that huge 45 million investment, the biggest in Bournemouth Airport's history. They knew the low cost aircraft were coming, but they never arrived! What happened to that predictive growth? It happened elsewhere across virtually the whole country but missed BOH completely, so much so that the airport has almost 40% less passengers now than it did ten years ago! MAG - what have you done??? Overnight / based a/c wise - LHR, LGW, LTN, LCY all full, BRS full STN nearly full, BHX nearly full, SOU nearly full - BOH virtually empty!!! Road traffic to London and the Midlands is worse than ever yet it hasn't made the slightest difference! London is the world's busiest city hub with 170 million passengers in 2017, with Bmth just 20 minutes flying time away. I think that tells you everything you need to know about MAG and their commitment to BOH.

casadave
12th Sep 2017, 14:37
My former colleagues and I all very much regret being forced to close the door end October 2010 and without doubt many locals in and around Bournemouth greatly miss Palmair, but unfortunately, in a race to the bottom, the lowest price will invariably win over good old fashioned service - sad, but in a modern world probably an everyday fact of life.

rog747
12th Sep 2017, 15:36
sad but so true - almost everyone today wants something for nothing (Dave S)

i loved palmair and all what it stood for - sadly those values meant nothing to the internet boom and the low-cost phenomena that arrived and continues to this day to reduce service and standards to an all time low

only one or two similar companies like Palmair today survive such as Sunvil

my first job in the holiday airline industry was with Vistajet and air Spain dc-8s in 1972!

rog747
12th Sep 2017, 16:07
by the way thanks for the memories Palmair and Casadave

(by the way did you keep the Palmair customer data base ? - that might be worth a bomb now lol)

credit to the photographer

MARKEYD
23rd Sep 2017, 10:10
Bournemouth handled in August 85 , 866 passengers up 2 %

Ryanair saw the usual high loads for August with extra flights to Palma , Malaga and Faro adding to these figures

Krakow continues to perform really well with an average loads of 181 pax per flight , this must be in for an increase in flights next summer ?

Palma as usual saw huge figures of nearly 19 , 000 passengers fly out with Ryanair and Thomson

Naples the new route with Thomson saw 1444 passengers use the service averaging about 141 pax and Dalaman improved with Freebird A320 averaging about 173 pax

Las Palmas was the most popular route to the Canaries with 3 flights a week taking 4689 passengers down between Ryanair and Thomson

shamrock7seal
23rd Sep 2017, 12:23
Really encouraging numbers but still far short of August 2007 and August 2008 with well above 120,000 and 115,000 respectively.

If the new MAG director of aviation development at BOH and EMA continues to only talk about EMA despite the fact that his title includes BOH then there is no hope of proactive airline recruitment.

MARKEYD
23rd Sep 2017, 15:28
2007. mmm

The Halcyon days when Ryanair flew to

Prestwick 10 , 000 pax
Dublin 9 , 000 pax
Pisa 5 , 000 pax

Air Berlin flew to

Paderborn 4, 000 pax

Thomson Fly flew to

Amsterdam. 6 , 000 pax
Prague 4 , 000 pax
Valencia 4 , 000 pax

And of course Palmair were still flying !!

Big passenger numbers then , but as we know things change

Nakata77
23rd Sep 2017, 16:32
If you consider the following then actually BOH is doing better than in 2007:

PIK - not exactly an essential route
DUB - not BOH's strong point, leave it to SOU with their high frequency
PAD - this was always gonna be a non-starter (!)
AMS - not BOH's strong-point, leave it to SOU with their high frequency
PSA - can think of far more popular Italian routes (FCO, VCE, VRN)
PRG - this route has suffered declines from a lot of the UK, not just BOH
VLC - probably would work if it was done by Ryanair versus TUI

Total lost pax from Aug'07 38,000

Suddenly that 85,000 in Aug'17 doesn't look so bad. With the above we would be looking at + 124,000.

BOH would be very strong if it focused on mid to long-haul and more Spain - if Palma carried 19,000 pax in Aug;17 that is seriously significant; they could support additional daily year-round services. Wizz needs to come back too considering the success of the Krakow service.

shamrock7seal
23rd Sep 2017, 16:37
BOH's single biggest risk right now is losing easyJet to SOU - why would easyJet swiss operate from both? They have seriously overlapping catchment areas. If BOH lose easyJet to SOU then it's 'curtains'. They should be cultivating easyJet - there are definitely routes no-one is doing that would work for easyJet from BOH. What is MAG doing!

RW20
23rd Sep 2017, 16:50
Shamrock7seal
I don't understand your comment about Bournemouth was to lose Easy jet to Southampton "it will be curtains"?
Southampton are operating 3 times a week Geneva easy jet and from pricing enquiries this doesn't look a huge success at the moment.Even if this was a success,it doesn't mean Bournemouth would suffer unduly.Bournemouth will always offer Sun routes and further distance destinations,just because it has the runway capacity.
If Southampton was however to announce that they were to invest in the 450feet RW20 extension ( often mooted ,but nothing more),then I feel this could have a major effect on Bournemouth potential growth.

shamrock7seal
23rd Sep 2017, 20:44
A 137m extension to take off field length at SOU would have very little effect on the performance of an Airbus A320 or B737-800 flying lounger than 2 hours at full capacity.

This issue is separate to easyJet trying SOU out. In my opinion this is not acceptable for BOH. EasyJet could potentially now serve all sorts of short-haul services from SOU instead of BOH.

Part of me thinks this is still fall-out from the Flybe SOU ransom holding when they operated from BOH.

mrshubigbus
24th Sep 2017, 16:20
The bottom line is simple! Bournemouth needs more based aircraft and a level playing field with Ryanair! Ryanair, who have been in the press for all the wrong reasons this week, are effectively "killing" BOH right under the noses of MAG who have allowed them to get away with it! Ask the Prestwick Airport management. Other airlines "CANNOT" take on Ryanair and win. They killed Palmair who simply couldn't compete. Bmth needs an airline that serves its catchment area and offers local people the right mix of destinations, not a Ryanair who only exist because they have "slave labour" and hold many of airports to ransom! Nobody else stands a chance while they are around. I ask you one question. How much have Ryanair expanded in Bmth since they arrived in the mid 1995s? Over 20 years and just one based aircraft out of 400 they operate! Back then they had less than 20! Bmth desperately needs a locally based airline offering JER, GCI, a feeder to AMS, CDG, MAN and DUB and many more holiday flight options? Not Ryanair who have unfairly but legally snubbed out any meaningful competition. What the airport needs is somebody flying Embraer 190 type aircraft Flybe / BA Cityflyer / Eastern Airways or EasyJet A319s to the above destinations. Two based aircraft would do it but somebody has got to do it! Sadly the recent Flybe debacle was the final nail in the coffin I fear. Let's hope that MAG finally wake up to this Ryanair "bullying"! And why shouldn't BOH compete with SOU? There must surely be enough people living in the South to support both - not everybody wants to be forced to fly from a "bursting at the seems" London Airport!

southside bobby
24th Sep 2017, 16:52
mrshubigbus....You require to think a little more concerning the MAG/RYR relationship in the round & not with your local view regarding BOH unfortunately...The other 3 airports in the group STN/MAN & EMA are probably the three largest RYR bases on the mainland,that perhaps suggests a commercial synergy which none of us are privy too....To suggest that RYR are effectively "killing" BOH right under the noses of MAG is emotive & gives the impression that MAG are unaware of their local & greater national commercial real estates....

SWBKCB
24th Sep 2017, 17:09
How much have Ryanair expanded in Bmth since they arrived in the mid 1995s?

And what do you think the reason is for this? Do you really think if there was money to be made Ryanair wouldn't be there making it? Or do you prefer some conspiracy theory?

mrshubigbus
24th Sep 2017, 17:41
So, with MAG and RYR in mind, why then did MAG invest 45 million in the airport, virtually rebuild the terminal, build a new arrivals hall, expand the apron to 11 stands and put a CAT 3 ILS in??? Just because they had money to spend? It certainly wasn't in conjunction with the very profitable Northern side industrial estate? Was this for the odd diversion from SOU, LHR or LGW? Since then the low cost carriers have more than doubled in size whilst MAG had originally forecast 3 million, YES - 3 million pax from BOH by now. That would have required around five or six based aircraft yet since 2007 not a single carrier has added to that number. Either MAG had their numbers very wrong or something else has caused this prediction to crash to what is now around 700,000 instead. That is less than a quarter instead. Somehow someone got the maths very wrong whilst BOH has simply been left behind, unless there is another less obvious scenario? Remember BOH is just 20 minutes flying time from London, the busiest hub in the world but has completely missed the boat! I wonder why??? With RYR fares as low as £9.99 for a single flight can you honestly believe that they can only generate three or four hundred thousand pax a year out of BOH and one based aircraft? That's not what MAG believed ten years ago is it! Most folk around Southampton would jump at that / the minor inconvenience of a 30 minute drive to BOH instead of paying many times that with Flybe!

Jerry123
24th Sep 2017, 18:14
The bottom line is simple! Bournemouth needs more based aircraft and a level playing field with Ryanair! Ryanair, who have been in the press for all the wrong reasons this week, are effectively "killing" BOH right under the noses of MAG who have allowed them to get away with it! Ask the Prestwick Airport management. Other airlines "CANNOT" take on Ryanair and win.
There are airports around the UK who would kill to have a Ryanair base and what they offer from BOH! My local airport CWL being one of them!
Ever thought the reason other airlines don't operate those routes is because they don't believe they'll make money?

southside bobby
24th Sep 2017, 18:18
Now veering into the meaning of liff I guess.You pose questions no one on here will or can answer absolutely.
Generally with your quoted expectations...ahh if only it was that simple.You too could name at least two other airports with new shiny terminal buildings which are woefully underused but had great expectations..(that`s two book titles mentioned now BTW).
Because LCC`s have doubled in size does not extrapolate with & according to local wishes & aspirations either I`m afraid.
Lastly BOH being 20 mins flying time from London too is no justification to hope or expect....& anyways 20 mins for the aeroplanes but perhaps a little longer for the SLF.

SWBKCB
24th Sep 2017, 19:01
Bmth desperately needs a locally based airline offering JER, GCI, a feeder to AMS, CDG, MAN and DUB and many more holiday flight options?

Some time ago somebody did a list on here of the airlines which had tried these sort of routes from BOH over the years and are no more.

Would the Dan Air 748's in the '70s be the last operation that lasted a while on domestic routes?

mrshubigbus
24th Sep 2017, 19:41
Not to mention two wide body sized hangars that could support hundreds of local jobs and dozens of airliners for maintenance if it weren't for one unsold 747SP and a 747-8 that flies just twice a month! But that's another story. Let's not mention the CL44 Guppy! That really will get me started!!! The fact is Bmth has two based 737s and passenger numbers of 700,000. That's not going to change anytime soon is it unless my crystal ball knows something. MAG however, must be charging those Qatari guys a lot of money! With Cobham doing less and less thank goodness for those rich boys with their expensive toys and other youngsters with rich Mums and Dads who keep sending them on 120K CTC / BCFT courses. Take them out of the equation and that would be 50% less movements while MAG carry on doing their best to kill off the remaining GA community. There's something very uncomfortable about MAG's ownership of Bmth Airport!

shamrock7seal
24th Sep 2017, 21:42
To be honest think MAG is bullying Ryanair when it comes to BOH.

I heard a rumour that Ryanair promised BOH/MAG it would pay more after the Terminal and runway was upgraded and would base 5 aircraft. However after the construction was complete during the financial crisis Ryanair changed their minds. MAG told Ryanair they had to increase the airport charges to help pay off the debt and Ryanair told them to get lost - including literally removing the second based aircraft that they had just added and removed winter flying completely.

MAG knows that Ryanair makes a lot of money from BOH. But i'm afraid Ryanair will not be bullied by MAG. Ryanair definitely made money (more than just covering DVC's) on Nantes, Madrid, Shannon, Prestwick, Ibiza, Carcassonne and more but have pulled the number of aircraft based. Now we are left with just the mega profitable services that Ryanair didn't want to give up and have accepted they need to pay more. They will NOT expand unless MAG do something proactive with Ryanair and reduce the charge.

I guess we need to be thankful we still have a year-round based aircraft and half a million Ryanair customers?

*Not sure if it was mentioned previously but easyJet is starting BOH-GVA earlier this year on 9th Dec instead of 15th as previous years.

mrshubigbus
25th Sep 2017, 06:15
Which proves that a five based aircraft operation would have been sustainable and would have created as many as 500-1000 more airport jobs. But that's history now and MAG have failed miserably to attract a single new based aircraft in the past ten years!

Flitefone
25th Sep 2017, 06:36
Airports in the UK are required to publish their fees, these are always complicated but here for instance are those for BOH and BRS for comparison, and SOU
too:

http://www.magworld.co.uk/magweb.nsf/AttachmentsByTitle/BOHFeesCharge.pdf/$FILE/BOHFeesCharge.pdf

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/~/media/files/brs/about-us/fees-and-charges-2016-2017.ashx?la=en

https://www.southamptonairport.com/media/3772/conditions-of-use-2016.pdf

Groundloop
25th Sep 2017, 08:52
MAG however, must be charging those Qatari guys a lot of money

The 747s are parked there as it is much cheaper than parking them up at Stansted between flights - even with the cost of the empty ferry flights to and from Stansted.

SWBKCB
25th Sep 2017, 15:39
I heard a rumour that Ryanair promised BOH/MAG it would pay more after the Terminal and runway was upgraded and would base 5 aircraft.

Which proves that a five based aircraft operation would have been sustainable

Has the word rumour changed it's meaning? Even if true, asking somebody to pay the economic cost of a service isn't bullying

Not to mention two wide body sized hangars that could support hundreds of local jobs and dozens of airliners for maintenance if it weren't for one unsold 747SP and a 747-8 that flies just twice a month

Thought the hangars were built for the Jumbo owner, so not really denying any maintenance opportunity

mrshubigbus
25th Sep 2017, 16:42
You clearly thought wrong then! Neither hangar originally had anything to do with the Qatari Jumbo owners! The first was built specifically for VC10 conversions in the early 1990s and the other for Nimrod conversions in the early 2000s! Then the Nimrod hangar was used by BASCO for airliner maintenance when BAe took over the contract at Woodford before the 747SP eventually went in there. Cobham eventually had no use for either hangar so now the two 747s live in both! An opportunity the owners couldn't miss! The two hangars together could hold a dozen or so narrowbodies or around eight widebodies. There aren't many airports in the UK with that kind of capacity.

Groundloop
26th Sep 2017, 09:04
You forgot the A330 Voyager tanker fitments for the RAF before Cobham decided they could not/would not do it and gave it back to Airbus in Cadiz.

canberra97
26th Sep 2017, 11:49
Don't you mean Airbus in Seville rather than Cadiz which has no airport.

Groundloop
26th Sep 2017, 13:04
Got mixed up - thought the work was done at Puerto Real just outside Cadiz but, as you say, no runway! It's actually done at Getafe near Madrid.

MARKEYD
28th Sep 2017, 15:34
Easy Jet have upgraded the Geneva service on the Saturday and Sunday to an A320 throughout the season

adfly
8th Oct 2017, 20:58
As usual, here is a summary of this Winter's flights, please let me know of anything I may have missed.

Crystal Ski

Turin - 1 weekly Thomson 738

easyJet Switzerland

Geneva - 5-6 weekly 319/20

Hays Travel

Barbados - 04/11, 24/11 - TUI 787

Hurtigruten

Bergen - 05/11, 21/02
Tomso - 09/03

All operated by Germania

Newmarket Holidays

Pajala - 18/12 (Santa Trip)

Omega

Northern Lights Flight - 15/03

P&O Cruises

Barbados - TUI 767/787 02/02, 10/03

Ryanair - (1 based 738)

Alicante - 2-3 weekly 738
Faro - 2 weekly 738
Krakow - 2 weekly 738
Malaga - 2-3 weekly 738
Malta - 2 weekly 738
Tenerife South - 1 weekly 738

Santa Holidays

Ivalo - 02/12, 08/12 Operated by Small Planet

Super Break

Akureyri - 22/01, 26/02 - Enter Air

TUI - (1 based 738)

Arrecife - 2 weekly 738
Kittila - 20/12
Las Palmas - 1 weekly 738
Paphos - 1 weekly 738 (ops during November and 28/02-)
Tenerife South - 2 weekly 738

Transun

Enontekio - 16/12 (Santa Trip)
Kiruna - 21/01, 01/02 (Northern Lights Trips)

Both using Enter Air

Overall

Average of between 23 and 27 weekly departures, or 3-4 per day.

martinairmd11
9th Oct 2017, 09:32
Thanks adfly for your compressive list,it's always interesting to see what's going on at Bournemouth I wish there was more but that's another story,I have added a few extra which I still hope are operating:

05/11 Bergen Hurtigruten Cruises
24/11 Barbados Hays Only Charter
08/12 Ivalo Santa Flight
221/ Akyurei Superbreak 4 Day holiday
21/2 Bergen Hurtigruten Cruises
26/2 Akyurei Superbreak 4 Day holiday
15/3 North Lights Omega 3 Hour flight

If anyone has any more info then please add.

adfly
9th Oct 2017, 15:47
Thanks to martinairmd11 and also MARKEYD for the extra information. Seems to be a fairly substantial number of one off flights this winter which is good to see, as the 'core' operations are looking pretty flat.

MARKEYD
11th Oct 2017, 10:20
Bournemouth had a good Sept with passengers up 7.3 % to 77, 000 through the terminal

Will give a bit more detail when the figures become available

MARKEYD
26th Oct 2017, 11:17
Nothing new for the winter 2018 /19 season with TUI unfortunately , just the usual collection again

Superbreak have added a departure to Seville in March 18 using Enter air
They seem to have expanded there departures from UK regional airports quite considerably recently. They may well take over from where Newmarket Holidays left off for next summer , who knows though !

Bournemouth Air
3rd Nov 2017, 07:27
Bournemouth Airport 'sale' rumours after one of Britain's richest men flies in | Bournemouth Echo (http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15638072.Rumours_Bournemouth_Airport_could_be_sold___as_one_ Britain__39_s_richest_men_seen_visiting_site/)

shamrock7seal
6th Nov 2017, 12:42
If this is true it could be a double edged sword.

Advantages are that MAG seem not to know what to do or how to handle this size of airport and have probably been responsible for some of the losses at BOH in recent times. BOH seems to have all but dropped off MAG's radar in terms of new route development. Rigby group will hopefully be able to focus a little more and start to compete more effectively for business. Not sure if the site would also include the aviation park which is quite profitable to MAG.

Negatives are that Rigby group will not be able to afford anything like the economies of scale that MAG was able to offer so further investment in the airport will most-likely stop. They are also working with some of the smallest and most niche type airports in the UK including Norwich and Exeter - neither of which are Ryanair customers. I doubt that one of the 'richest men in england' will know how to deal with o'leary and his demands.

Nakata77
6th Nov 2017, 12:45
Nothing has been confirmed yet so hold your horses. Exeter and Norwich do quite well for their markets in terms of basic offerings and consistent year on year growth albeit small. Bournemouth could benefit from the more attentive management a new owner might provide.

TCAS FAN
6th Nov 2017, 13:15
If a sale to the person mentioned goes through it may not bode well for BOH. Look what he has done to Coventry, ATC downgraded to AFIS. Next stop the planning application for non-aviation use for the site?

Plane.Silly
6th Nov 2017, 13:46
Lots of rich people fly on biz jets, doesn't mean they all want to buy the airport they land at. I'd need more evidence before i made a speculation

MARKEYD
12th Nov 2017, 09:15
September was a good month for Bournemouth and saw 78 , 067 passengers use the airport up 8 %

TUI as usual had high loads on all of there flights with the new Naples service averaged about 185 pax per flight and high loads on the Palma service again
Dalaman finished the season with about 160 pax per flight on a Freebird A320

Ryanair had equally good loads with Murcia and Gerona doing well with average loads of 189 and 175 pax per flight respectively

Krakow again averaged about 176 pax per flight

All very quite now though !

Nakata77
13th Nov 2017, 16:19
Time TUI added a second based aircraft and collaborated with Thomas Cook on some new services like Funchal, Fuerteventura, Almeria, Verona, Kos, Skiathos, Dubrovnik, Pula, Split, Reus etc etc - plenty to occupy a second based aircraft and not offered by any other carriers from this region/catchment

rog747
13th Nov 2017, 16:23
good choice for the locals and similar stuff to Palmair

Thomson's have always been 'stuck in the mud' and are loathe to enter new markets until the boat has usually sailed

no idea why they adopt this stance - BOH could be very lucrative again with IT's but as with EXT they seem to fiddle and meddle with gold standard products that sell - meanwhile the likes of Easyjet from BRS and LGW plus BA from LHR are creaming off the leisure routes

shamrock7seal
13th Nov 2017, 16:30
Bournemouth Airport handled 69,000 pax in Oct'17 apparently flat compared to Oct'16 but if compared with Oct'15 has lost 10,000 pax in the month (Flybe?)

Source: news just released from MAG (not CAA stats yet)

MARKEYD
13th Nov 2017, 16:54
Absolutely agree with the last 2 posts regarding new IT destinations from Bournemouth , its what Bournemouth does really well and always have done and what Southampton does really well with is scheduled services !!

Thomas Cook would be a welcome addition with new destinations to compliment TUI , but they really do seem safe with the 1 based aircraft .

Naples was the only new destination this year and has done really well so I am surprised they haven't expanded .

TUI could quite easily get 3 rotations a day in on some days if like Exeter they did night flights but I am not sure how this would happen as I am guessing they are heavily restricted on opening times at BOH ( something they could start to discuss with MAG about opening times ? )

Groundloop
13th Nov 2017, 19:33
Need to look at history - Thomas Cook used to operate from BOH - pulled out. Thomsonfly (as was) used to have two based aircraft - now have only one. I think they both know how to run their businesses.

rog747
14th Nov 2017, 06:37
the ThomsonFly ''lo-co'' attempt from BOH and other regional airports with 737-300 and 500 was pretty much a disaster for them and they pulled out PDQ

we are talking here about pure IT package holidays - not attempting to go against the likes of Ryanair or EZY selling (sometimes) cheap flight only

Jet2 have a very good package holiday model and have now entered STN in a big way.
as Jet2 was born from BOH as channel express one wonders if they are waiting to see if they can go into Hurn and make a go of it

Plane.Silly
14th Nov 2017, 07:20
the business case would suggest it makes sense, they already operate from the other 3 MAG airports (questionable, given the rumoured sale)

They would probably question the lack of links and it's proximity to London, particularly LGW, which might scare them a little

It'll have to be years down the line though, they've already got their hands full with BHX/STN growth

LGS6753
14th Nov 2017, 07:59
I would suggest Jet2 are an unlikely addition to Bournemouth any time soon. They have expanded at all of their bases, and each has a substantial number of aircraft based. BOH could sustain no more than one or two, so would be much less attractive.
They don't seem frightened of competition, so I would expect their next base (geographically) to be either Gatwick or Bristol.

Captcargo
18th Nov 2017, 11:19
We hear a lot of reasons why airlines don't choose Bournemouth. What would make BOH attractive to new services? Direct link from A328, half hourly shuttle service to the rail and coach station, any other suggestions to help the MAG sales and marketing team?

SWBKCB
18th Nov 2017, 11:36
Convince airlines that there's a profitable market for their flights?

The other issues are peripheral.

Planespeaking
18th Nov 2017, 13:26
The other issue is catchment area. How many millions or even thousands of customers are within an hours travelling time of the airport. That is why Manston could never succeed, and it tried so many times, because there just weren't enough customers within it's area to give it critical mass.

Southend is working just and it has, if my memory is correct, a population of 5 million within an hours travelling time, plus an integrated railway station with up to 8 trains an hour to London.

Perhaps Bournemouth airport is just in the wrong place to attract enough farepayers.

Groundloop
18th Nov 2017, 13:51
the ThomsonFly ''lo-co'' attempt from BOH and other regional airports with 737-300 and 500 was pretty much a disaster for them and they pulled out PDQ

we are talking here about pure IT package holidays - not attempting to go against the likes of Ryanair or EZY selling (sometimes) cheap flight only

There is virtually no difference between Thomsonfly back then and TUI from BOH today - apart from routes and aircraft numbers. Thomson package holidays used the Thomsonfly flights and anyone can book seats on TUI flights today.

shamrock7seal
19th Nov 2017, 08:57
The only thing that works from BOH (as has been demonstrated countless times over the years) is low fares and holiday/package flights that are not offered from SOU. This gives BOH a bigger than otherwise catchment area as people will travel from further distances to access the low fares.

What's odd at the moment though is that fares on some TUI services are much higher than those from LGW or LTN so it seems to me that demand is outweighing supply.

Eventually this will naturally lead to additional aircraft from TUI or spill over from another airline after BRS and London gets full.

What gets me upset is that this type of 'organic' growth only gets delivered every 10-15 years! If MAG was half as 'proactive' for BOH as it is for EMA, MAN, STN then we would be seeing more activity more quickly.

What do I mean by proactive? By slashing the cost of flying in and doing business at BOH. Right now the costs are sky high - higher than London airports for sure.

shamrock7seal
24th Nov 2017, 12:07
Newmarket are advertising many departure dates to Barcelona from Bournemouth from next summer May18 through Sep18, does anyone know if these are special flights or seats on Ryanair to Girona?

MARKEYD
24th Nov 2017, 12:10
Ryanair I am afraid
Newmarket have stopped all ad hoc charters from UK airports and just concentrating on scheduled flights now

Superbreak are the ones to watch now

adfly
27th Nov 2017, 10:45
Looks as if there could be a few charters to Gibralter next summer. (Linked posted by GAZMO in the Belfast thread)

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/3.0.15/news/on-euro-weekly-news/gibraltar-news/146556-charter-flights-from-uk-airports-to-gibraltar-trialled-next-july

rog747
27th Nov 2017, 10:54
enter air?
they have sent in a 738 last summer on a charter to GIB

but the 738 is not the ideal a/c for GIB at all - operates at a severe penalty

who else might it be? small planet?

planedrive
27th Nov 2017, 12:00
Titan would be the most obvious. They operated many of the GIB rescue flights when Monarch went under. Not many airlines with crews trained to operate there (EZY/BA/Titan)

rog747
27th Nov 2017, 12:03
ah yes forgot about them - they have 757 and 320 family which are more suited to GIB's runway and wx conditions

JollyTraveller
27th Nov 2017, 16:16
I know Monarch, British Airways, Easyjet all mostly used Airbus A320-200 At GIB.

Titan Airways have 3 x A320-200 (168-180 seats) and are due to reconfigured the leased Airbus A318-100 to 112 economy seats in the first quarter of 2018. I think Gib government & local businesses are part funding this and assume if they are they will be wanting A320-200s if possible.

MARKEYD
28th Nov 2017, 08:00
I think the Gibraltar flights are actually only 1 flight from each airport listed ( 7 UK airports ) for the month of July giving GIB 2 flights a week

Siggyboy
1st Dec 2017, 21:22
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15696200.Bournemouth_Airport_sale__to_be_announced_imminentl y_/

For those in the know is this good news?

mrshubigbus
2nd Dec 2017, 11:18
So just to clarify the above link below:-

Mr Bath, former boss of Bath Travel, whose father Peter’s firm Palmair operated from Bournemouth Airport for half a century, said Manchester Airports Group's (MAG) tenure since taking over the airport in 2001 had been “a disastrous spiral”.

He said the firm had relied too much on Ryanair to provide flights, spent too much money on a new terminal in the mistaken belief that it would entice more passengers, and started charging £2.50 for cars dropping off passengers - “without a shadow of a doubt the most disastrous PR decision of any airport in Britain”.

My father said people fly from Bournemouth Airport because the parking is cheap and they can get home in 20 minutes,” he said.
“They lost Palmair and got a new terminal that didn’t make an iota of difference to passenger numbers, which people have to pay £2.50 to see, which is a lot of clunking in the machine and people hate it.
“If they hadn’t built the terminal they wouldn’t have had to charge extra. It was a disastrous spiral.”
In 2009 MAG spent almost £50 million on the new terminal, as well as an improved runway, radar, navigation and road access(really?). Passenger numbers peaked at just over a million in 2007 and stood at 667,981 last year.
Mr Bath said he felt “bitter” about the end of his father’s firm, just weeks after the new terminal was finished. He said MAG had handed Palmair’s flight data to Ryanair to demonstrate the viability of the airport, causing the aviation giant to put identical routes in place.
“In the winter that year, when Palmair normally operated four or five flights, Ryanair decided they weren’t going to do anything,” he said. “Bournemouth went down to two flights a week. It was a disaster, the place was a ghost town.”

Siggyboy
2nd Dec 2017, 11:38
This sums up what many of us have been saying all along - MAG and Ryanair have been "destroying Bournemouth"! Confirmed beyond any shadow of doubt by the Boss of Palmair who had been successfully operating flights at Bournemouth Airport since the 1960s!!! Anyone care to refute that??? So Sir Peter Rigby buys the airport, does what everyone hopes he'll do and kicks Ryanair out and joins forces with Stephen Bath to relaunch Palmair with a couple of European 737s (there are plenty to choose from over the North side!) At the same time a couple of smaller commuter sized aircraft - Dornier 328s maybe - looked after by JETS (who service D328s) flying regular services to the Channel Islands. All could come under the same Palmair umbrella. Stephen Bath uses a new office at the airport and sees his passengers off - back to the good old days!!! It's doable but Ryanair "have to go"!!! The only other fly in the ointment would have to be a deal with TUI so that they can use the Palmair aircraft and use their own 737 out of a major airport instead. It's a win win for everybody assuming that's what Peter Rigby want to buy the airport for! That's the big and currently unanswered question!

Stephen Bath and I claim my £5.00 . None of that would ever happen even under new ownership. Palmair never going to do £30 flights to Spain which is what FR do well.

Captcargo
2nd Dec 2017, 11:54
Palmair killed by Ryanair, may be true but I doubt it, Palmair was almost purely for package holidays, Ryanair is a seat only airline, it's like saying Amazon killed Woolworths. The reason is that both the latter were 'past their sell by date' economically and could no longer operate in the new business practices of the day.

TUI (Thomsons) who you also seem to want to get rid of operates almost identically to Palmair using their flights primarily for the package Holiday Market and they seem to do very well. Palmair was a niche market sold mainly through the Bath Travel (now Hays) retail outlets.

I don't think that getting rid of the hand that feeds you is a good idea, especially when excessive cost of operating from BOH seems to be a major factor in it's stalled growth.

stewyb
2nd Dec 2017, 11:57
Kick Ryanair out of BOU :D like to see some one try that! Ryanair leave and that will be the final nail in the coffin for the airport

FrequentlyFlying
2nd Dec 2017, 13:27
The newspaper article is basically a bitter angry rant by someone who's family business did not evolve but stood still. Ryanair & TUI statistics speak for themselves - the days of charging 150 one way for every seat on an aging aircraft are well and truly over. Who knows what the Rigby plan is, it's onna be a tough 2-5 years ahead - my hope is get together with both those two and secure what he has, one thing is for sure his executive airline is likely to figure. Lots of wealth in catchment. Talk from angry old people and drop off fees isn't really relevant to anyone who uses the airport now regularly - of which I am pleased to say I am one who think it's a fantastic operation all round and actually I appreciate Ryanair!

SWBKCB
2nd Dec 2017, 13:59
If Mr Rigby does buy the airport I doubt his plans will be limited to having a couple of 737's running to sun spots - that isn't going to make much.

MARKEYD
2nd Dec 2017, 14:58
Is that the same Mr Bath and family that held Hurn airport to ransom over parking and handling fees for years and also refused to have any other brochures in there travel offices like " Thomson , Intasun and Horizon " to name but a few if they sold holidays from Bournemouth

Thomson would have come in a long time before that if Bath travel had sold there holidays as well

Bath travel was a unique company to the local area but ultimately failed because they never went forward in to the big new world of the internet .
Bit like " Pan Am " and " TWA " they never invested in the future , there offices were tired and old and everything was good old fashioned telephone and paper work .
Nothing wrong in that as the old dears loved it , the personal touch but like everyone else has touched on , Ryanair and Easy Jet were waiting in the wings and the rest is history

Knife-Edge
2nd Dec 2017, 17:43
No chance of a return of Palmair. The market has moved on... and most of their customers have probably passed away. :sad:

EastMids
2nd Dec 2017, 17:51
Be careful what you wish for... Rigby owns Coventry, which has recently had its instrument approach removed, ATC downgraded to air/ground radio service, fire cover reduced, and opening hourss curtailed. Net result is West Atlantic can no longer viably fly their 737s and ATPs in and out for maintenance, so it has upped sticks and moved that side of its business to EMA (coincidentally another MAG airport). Rigby's other airports are Norwich and Exeter, while it also manages Solent, Blackpool and City of Derry. Not sure any of those are a ringing endorsements of the concept that things will get better for BOH if MAG sells out.

Captcargo
3rd Dec 2017, 11:11
You hit the nail on the head.

Groundloop
4th Dec 2017, 08:50
Althought Stephen Bath likes to blame Ryanair for all his woes one of the big reasons Palmair stopped operating at the end of summer 2010 was that they also lost a vast amount of money during the volcanic ash shutdown in April of that year.

Plane.Silly
4th Dec 2017, 09:12
If we go off the assumption that this deal goes ahead, what next? Who do they plan/hope will come in to make it a worthwhile venture

Any takers?

Rivet Joint
4th Dec 2017, 12:12
Housing would make sense.

Gurnard
4th Dec 2017, 13:48
No chance of a return of Palmair. The market has moved on... and most of their customers have probably passed away. :sad:

No, some of us are still here! Palmair were great in their time. You may have paid more, but you were made to feel special. They gave you a great holiday. Although European's 737-200s were a bit long in the tooth, they were comfortable. A number of aircrew were ex BA and were highly respected. But the Palmair model was dated and, sadly, wouldn't work now. Many have come to see that making all your own travel arrangements online isn't such a disaster. Probably many travel agents' days are numbered too - but that's another story.

SotonFlightpath
4th Dec 2017, 14:05
I think that any plans to discontinue flying at Bournemouth would be a huge mistake. I am generally a supporter of SOU, as this is my nearest and most convenient airport.

However, the Eastleigh area to the north of Southampton is desperately short of development land, and indeed Eastleigh Borough Council are looking to bring forward a very contentious new development of around 5000 new homes on environmentally sensitive green belt land to the north of the town.

The Solent region as a whole has grown enormously in the last 20 years or so, and the region including Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournemouth, Fareham, Havant, Gosport, Eastleigh, Christchurch, Bournemouth and Poole now forms an almost contiguous urban area with a population of around 2 million, with a very high proportion of high earners.

The sensible approach would be to properly develop Bournemouth airport, with improved and increased parking, further enlargement of the terminal, a new link road to the A388 and a reliable 20 minute frequency bus connection to Christchurch rail station (re-named Christchurch and Bournemouth Airport).

The idea of calling the airport Bournemouth is too parochial, and this should be changed to South Central or Southern England or similar and all SOU flights together with new routes should be centred on Bournemouth to give the whole region a much-needed large regional airport allowing proper connectivity to this major UK region.

The existing site at Eastleigh airport could then be closed and sold for development.

Plane.Silly
4th Dec 2017, 14:49
Some good points there SFP, couple fo points to emphasise,

Transport links are much better at SOU than BOH, given it's Straight off the M3/M27 and with rail connections. Definately beats it there.

Name change: not sure if some people would confuse South Central or Southern England or similar with other areas. (IMHO)

SOU is much busier than BOH, wouldn't it make sense to move BOH operations over instead?

And surely they're other options for housing rather than just airports. Feels like an extension to the naysayers in the DTV thread

SWBKCB
4th Dec 2017, 15:07
Housing would make sense.

My sides are splitting.:rolleyes:

There are plenty of businesses making money on the site, so I would imagine slow organic growth with a strong emphasis on controlling costs.

Presumably any sale will include a deal to sort out any ongoing debt on the terminal, and I would expect there would be a lower corporate overhead being part of the Rigby Group compared to MAG.

Dropoffcharge
4th Dec 2017, 17:03
Road links yes, granted.....but nothing a new link directly from A338 wouldn't solve (using existing quarry junction?)

As for the rail link, how many actually use this to travel SOU, most are using parkway for a London commute and not to use the airport? BRS manages without a train link, why would BOH need one.

SOU is busier yes, but is also very limited both by working hour restrictions (noise etc) and runway length/apron capacity, all of which BOH wins hands down on.

Siggyboy
4th Dec 2017, 17:04
River Joint. How we've missed you.........:ooh:

Dropoffcharge
4th Dec 2017, 17:37
I believe the terminal is all paid for now? I seem to remember MAG stating the investment would be paid for over a 10 year term, so possibly this year if not next. Meaning if that's the case, along with the north west industrial estate being a sweetner as part of any sale, could be quite a good deal long term for the Rigby Group if the actual rumours are true.

southside bobby
5th Dec 2017, 06:21
Announced at 7am...
BOH sold to RCA (Rigby Group) for an undisclosed sum.

Bournemouth Air
5th Dec 2017, 11:54
the new website says it all

https://www.bournemouthairport.com/

Siggyboy
5th Dec 2017, 15:52
That's a much improved web site.

New owner talking Paris, Amsterdam and possibly Frankfurt within 12-18 months.

airac
5th Dec 2017, 17:34
RCA chief executive Andrew Bell added: “I am delighted to welcome everyone at Bournemouth Airport to our fast-growing team. It is already one of the South’s flagship aviation hubs, and I am very much looking forward to working with the staff and management as we continue to expand its operations and build on that success.”

Very similar to the announcment for Bournemouth, in 2010

Sir Peter said the airport's location, in the centre of the country, was a positive factor and his company would maintain a full service with business jets, cargo, light aircraft and helicopters.

He wants it for the developement opportunities the surrounding land offers. You only have to look at the recent demise of commercial operations at Coventry to see which way it will go.

The Nutts Mutts
5th Dec 2017, 17:42
That's a much improved web site.

New owner talking Paris, Amsterdam and possibly Frankfurt within 12-18 months.

It's great to be optimistic about new ownership and I'd imagine there's a bit of feelgood factor around BOH at the moment with the change, but realistically, who can you see wanting to operate these routes?

The obvious one would have been Flybe, but they've tried already and it didn't end well.

Bournemouth's strength is its long runway and variety of aviation businesses on site. An expanded holiday flight program could work, along with further development of long haul charter for those who don't wish to traipse up to Gatwick.
But business flights? With SOU along the road with its better catchment, motorway junction, train station, and existing route/airline portfolio? I really can't see what value there is in going after that market. Flybe tried and it didn't work, the yields were a fraction of those from SOU. Stobart to Dublin, Jet2 to Belfast, Thomsonfly to Amsterdam. All came and went while those routes have continued and grown from SOU. You may pick up passengers from the Bournemouth/Poole conurbation who can fly from their closest airport, but not enough to make the route worthwhile.
I think Bournemouth has a great niche as a kind of south coast Prestwick, with a variety of movements, but there will never be enough passenger demand to make airliners the dominant business model.

Dropoffcharge
5th Dec 2017, 19:07
Its common knowledge that Flybe used BOH as leverage to get a better deal signed at SOU (which they did initially) The truth however, is that loads were better on most routes from BOH, with no flight cancellations either. (Which Flybe do regularly from SOU if only a small number of seats are sold) then moving passengers onto the next available flight to the same destination normally later that day.

There is still a strong market for the likes of Amsterdam, Glasgow, Dublin and Edinburgh routes from BOH I feel, flight times are the key to there success though, Ibiza (Ryanair) was also very busy in the past.

More winter ski routes would no doubt work too, Geneva alone isn't enough.

The Nutts Mutts
5th Dec 2017, 20:44
Sorry to take issue with what you've written, but are you able to provide any factual information or statistics to back up your assertions there?

Were you party to the details of the negotiations between Flybe management, SOU and BOH? People have speculated that Flybe's strategy was to force a better deal from SOU, but speculation doesn't necessarily equate to fact and the only people who know what went on in those negotiations probably won't be posting on here.

Even if BOH loads were better (which I doubt), it's yield that matters, not load factor.

Are you sure no Flybe BOH flights were ever cancelled? Got the stats?

I'm aware of occasions when Flybe have combined flights into or out of SOU (and other airports), but only in cases of technical problems causing flight cancellations or recovering from schedule disruption. e.g. fog or airport closures. It's fairly standard practice. They are a under a bit more pressure at SOU because it closes overnight, so it's very important to them that they get all aircraft in before closure to prevent more disruption the following morning.

Rivet Joint
5th Dec 2017, 21:09
Its common knowledge that Flybe used BOH as leverage to get a better deal signed at SOU (which they did initially) The truth however, is that loads were better on most routes from BOH, with no flight cancellations either. (Which Flybe do regularly from SOU if only a small number of seats are sold) then moving passengers onto the next available flight to the same destination normally later that day.

There is still a strong market for the likes of Amsterdam, Glasgow, Dublin and Edinburgh routes from BOH I feel, flight times are the key to there success though, Ibiza (Ryanair) was also very busy in the past.

More winter ski routes would no doubt work too, Geneva alone isn't enough.

I have heard it all now :eek:

Someone call the men in white coats.

shamrock7seal
6th Dec 2017, 00:45
The Nuts Mutts, totally agreed with your post. Alarm bells are already ringing for me. It just shows that Rigby know nothing of BOH’s true potential in the LCC and package holiday sector and are instead focusing on a deadly strategy which has been tried over and over in the past and never worked.

Jet2, easyJet, Ryanair and overseas LCC’s are the way to go and perhaps a co-operative relationship with SOU when it comes to Hub connections...

Nakata77
6th Dec 2017, 00:47
Pretty sure they’re gonna mess up the relationship with Ryanair

Plane.Silly
6th Dec 2017, 06:43
Jet2 may not be a bad shout, at least mid-term. They did start out at BOH in the Channel Express days. Also their next phase of expansion once BHX/STN are sorted is further south, and their product/clientele would be well matched
I'd imagine BOH would be one consideration, though it would have made more sense while MAG still owned the airport, so that LS fly from all 4 of their airports. I'd still be a bit sceptical though, considering the CEO ruled out a return to BLK, a simliar size/style airport to BOH, and now that Rigby have vested interests in both.

Cambridge172
6th Dec 2017, 06:59
Property, property, property, property....everything else is an add-on

chaps1954
6th Dec 2017, 07:57
There is no comparison between BLK and BOH, BOH has many thriving aviation assets whereas BLK has none to really to talk about.

FrequentlyFlying
6th Dec 2017, 08:12
Of course it's a huge element about property and the potential there is massive and already handed to Rigbys Real Estate division - don't assume he won't attempt to grow the air operations too or that they will automatically rangle with Ryanair - they have some experience of handling a relationship with them at Derry so it's not a given a clash of egos will happen - as for new routes and growth don't overlook the obvious - Rigby own an executive jet business - this could provide as many business destinations as you like to the list of destinations - so destination growth ldoesn't mean it needs to be full services but looks nice on a list - what isn't in doubt is the potential is there despite 'the angry men of PPRUNE with a SOU defence on everything - LC - particularly Ryanair and Package Holiday - particularly TUI - like it or not could in one swing inflate the passenger numbers way beyond growth increases in most airports overnight without any further investment in infrastructure at BOH - which at SOU is impossible without hard cash capital investment - it is potential and may always be potential - but possible - as far as access goes - always overstated as an issue , is resolved with a proper 30
Min shuttle bus from CHR and BOH stations - Luton and Bristol Manage well enough - as for roads and more building on land - local politics suggest that said Council could be running itself into deep financial issues if it continues down its local 'brexit' path of refusing to merge with BBC and Poole so would expect money to talk when it has to and a Mega Council bigger than a lot of cities will a want major trophy airport for their new status and a good guess most things will be possible.
If I were Rigby I'd be inviting in Ryan and Tui, buying the drinks and the dinner and promising no change, no pressure, but suggesting if at some point we can look at favourable expansion package to try again...

Plane.Silly
6th Dec 2017, 08:39
There is no comparison between BLK and BOH, BOH has many thriving aviation assets whereas BLK has none to really to talk about.

Assets aside, and comparing BLK before they went down the swanny, i beleve there was a fair comparison
# Both seaside cities with a decent sized catchment area
# Overshadowed by other local airports [BOH vs SOU (at a push LGW)] and BLK vs MAN
# Primarily bucket and spade routes
# Both had heydays pre-recession (BOH just over 1m pax, BLK just over 500k pax, both roughly halved since)

My point was, if Jet2 management would rule out a return to BLK, a 'similar outfit' such as BOH might not be the preferred place for further expansion

160to4DME
6th Dec 2017, 15:50

LOLOL :p

I also hear the loads to BGI are better out of BOH; ergo BOH is better than SOU.. :rolleyes:

rog747
7th Dec 2017, 05:16
Hurn BOH and Eastleigh SOU are like chalk and cheese -- they cannot be compared nor can either be expanded as to the ways we would like as many of you pontificate above

you cannot extend SOU runways without huge infrastructure changes BUT it has fabulous transport links and is almost an alternate to a LON airport for many in the south who wish to go to near europe.
- but SOU remains UFN a regional and near europe departure point with a shaky main carrier or two there with no possibility of mid or long hauls - also apron stand space is limited too - although approval I gather has been given for more expansion for extra stands? edit is this correct?

as for BOH it has awful transport links and sits out on a narrow country lane with cows in the fields opposite BUT it has a new terminal and a longer runway to enable mid/long haul flights -
again any changes/improvements to links will involve huge road and rail investment which simply is not there.

however BOH teeters from good to bad every other year and the new owners will have to breathe life back in to the airport to gain any visibility -
BOH has done itself no favours over the years with such negative passenger handling and cruel drop off charges which any customer focused owners should have shelved.

things will not change in the near term for either airports and if Flybe and BMI go the same way as Monarch then that leaves SOU open to EZY who then maybe be seen setting up a bigger base there like the SEN model.

just my tuppence but I am local to BOH (no new road, Tubbs) and have seen the comings and goings over the past 25 years or so

kcockayne
7th Dec 2017, 07:29
Congratulations, rog747, on an answer that just about totally sums up the Bournemouth situation. All of the FACTS listed in an objective & concise summary. Nothing more needs to be said. Somehow, I am sure that it will be !

RW20
7th Dec 2017, 07:49
Kcockayne
I agree ,a good summary,but with one essential error!.
There has been no announcement of approval for Southampton expansion.Surely this is the key point,without the expansion airside then the future is clouded.

rog747
7th Dec 2017, 08:42
i merely mention that i gather some extra SOU apron/stand expansion has been approved or is that a misnomer?

cheers for the comments

rog747
7th Dec 2017, 08:50
my first flight from Hurn was around 1977 or 1978 on a jolly to Palma on a BY 737-200 on a thomson flight (staff travel free seats) and back the next week on a free seats from Palmair on a Dan Air Comet,
although we lived in London then the seats were up for grabs and we drove down to the 'country' lol

has it changed much ? erm nooooo

stewyb
7th Dec 2017, 09:37
i merely mention that i gather some extra SOU apron/stand expansion has been approved or is that a misnomer?

cheers for the comments

Where did you hear that rog747? cheers

rog747
7th Dec 2017, 09:41
correct me if i am wrong but someone proffered that recently on the SOU thread - seemed to be in the know - but hey ho this is a rumour network lol

Flitefone
8th Dec 2017, 09:37
Thanks for the Comet memories, I'm not sure that your other recall is quite objective.

The airports on the south coast have all changed enormously since 1977. At EGHH for instance, some of the more significant developments:

- Like at EGHI the old wooden passenger terminal has been replaced
- There is now cat 3 runway lighting and ILS precision approach capability, plus ILS on 08
- The 440m runway extension opened in 1995, giving Hurn a longer runway than Luton, Bristol and Exeter, a big change for Hurn
- At least 4 additional apron stands suitable for B737-800 size aircraft
- Much improved Apron lighting
- New Radar and addition of SSR capability
- At least 6 new hangars, of which 2 wide body capable
- When it comes to traffic, the closure of Tarrant Rushton and the consequent relocation of the Cobham Fleet to Hurn was a milestone
- As has been the replacement of the BAC factory and the odd Tarom B707/An26, with a regular flow of airliners and corporate types using the hangars and engineering capability in the northwest sector.
- As for passenger throughput, since 77 the throughput has actually quadrupled since then.

Is there still much that could be done? Absolutely

Pity about the closure of the college of ATC too.

Nakata77
8th Dec 2017, 10:19
Great post FF.

In terms of people saying hubs were tried and failed before at BOH this is actually not correct. A hub with a major airline offering HIGH FREQUENCY connecting flights from BOH has NEVER been tried before.

Rivet Joint
8th Dec 2017, 17:30
Wow, words fail me.

Knife-Edge
8th Dec 2017, 18:38
Thank goodness for that!

MARKEYD
9th Dec 2017, 17:13
Bournemouth handled 69 , 273 passengers in October up 1 % !! ( or just one extra flight to be honest )

TUI had good load factors to finish there season with , loads around the 96 % mark on all there flights .
Naples has performed really well as a new route as has the extra Lanzarote service this year

Ryanair was also high in the mid 170 pax per flight average .
Krakow the new route has done really well and boosted numbers throughout the year

Easy Jet started again today to Geneva , will be really interesting to see how this pans out with SOU . Interestingly the prices have remained at least twice that of SOU so far , so wait and see on that one

Not going to get into the discussion of scheduled flights again re the new owners but I personally feel they need to go back down the road of getting increased charter flights back in
TUI should be pushing I think for a 2nd based aircraft like Cardiff for the summer season or at least getting 3 rotations a day out of the based aircraft .
Prehaps the Rigby group may consider night openings in the summer which TUI could do with

Good luck to them

shamrock7seal
10th Dec 2017, 07:03
Good news!

Let's see what November passenger numbers are like.

I think Cardiff is a great example of what Bournemouth can aim to achieve - in terms of charter/leisure potential. The catchment area volume is similar and the actual passenger volumes on certain leisure routes are already comparable. For example, in 2016 Cardiff handled around 109,000 passengers on its Palma route compared to Bournemouth with 115,000. Some other examples below:

Palma from CWL 109,000 BOH 115,000
Malaga from CWL 82,500 BOH 83,700
Faro from CWL 37,000 BOH 54,000
Barcelona/Girona from CWL 30,000 BOH 44,000
Gran Canaria from CWL 19,000 BOH 35,446
Alicante from CWL 93,000 BOH 65,000
Tenerife from CWL 78,000 BOH 47,000

However the distance between CWL and BRS together with the market potential for scheduled services (i.e inbound Business to a capital city) is very different when compared with BOH and SOU. For example it takes 1 hour 10 mins to drive from Cardiff to Bristol Airport. Compare that with just 35 mins from Bournemouth to Southampton Airport. This would suggest that CWL should sustain its own scheduled services to the likes of Dublin, Amsterdam and UK domestic, but BOH can't.

Nakata77
11th Dec 2017, 08:33
Bournemouth handled 7 diversions yesterday

1 easyJet A319 from Amsterdam (STN)
1 Aer Lingus Regional ATR-72 from Cork (SOU)
1 private jet from SOU
1 British Airways A321 from Berlin pax later bussed to LHR
2 British Airways A320 from Milan and Prague pax later bussed to LHR
1 British Airways A319 from Nice pax later bussed to LHR

RW20
11th Dec 2017, 13:26
Nakatta77

Any idea on what diversions SOU handled?

Nakata77
11th Dec 2017, 13:38
RW20, I believe they handled two BA (1 A320 and 1 A319)

stewyb
11th Dec 2017, 14:05
x 2 BA A320, from Krakow & Geneva

MARKEYD
14th Dec 2017, 09:04
Super Break holidays are set to operate more charters from Bournemouth next summer along with 7 other UK airports

Destinations include Pisa , Tivat , Gibraltar , Verona , Funchal and Akureyri

Flight programme goes on sale soon , no idea at the moment who the airline operating is but this is certainly a step in the right direction in bringing in new destinations albeit only 1 or 2 flights to each destination

The Iceland programme sold out very quickly and Seville is selling well so fingers crossed

canberra97
14th Dec 2017, 23:12
Now geography is my top subject and I have a degree in travel and Tourism but even after a search on Google I'm still totally unaware of where TRIVET is!

EGPO
15th Dec 2017, 02:19
Any ideas which other Airports please , I'd love to visit Iceland and do some internal flights ( through hugging circular 180 approach onto a short runway with a half cliff at one end ( good video in a fokker 50 of the landing.
I've also wanted to visit Akureri. Stunning FIORD.

Wycombe
15th Dec 2017, 07:43
Trivet

Might I suggest that it's Tivat, Montenegro. Interesting Airport there and decent scenery IIRC.

MARKEYD
15th Dec 2017, 08:09
You are absolutely correct it is Tivat ( my spell check is shocking )

canberra97
15th Dec 2017, 18:48
I had a feeling it was TIVAT, Montenegro.

Having been to Montenegro myself I can thoroughly recommend a visit to the country as the scenery is beautiful and Kotor is an absolutely wonderful old walled town not for from TIVAT as is BUDVA on the coast with a small walled town reminiscent of a smaller version of Dubrovnik.

canberra97
15th Dec 2017, 19:06
You are absolutely correct it is Tivat ( my spell check is shocking )

Yes it is Mark!

We all use spell check these days but it's always best to check before you send as I am sure your agree :-)

IB4138
16th Dec 2017, 08:03
wonderful old walled town not for from TIVAT as is BUDVA on the coast with a small walled town reminiscent of a smaller version of Dubrovnik.

Brings back the memories of the late 70's, when I used to see a lot of this part of the world. Tivat was a Yugoslav military airfield in those days, only open for commercial flights on one day each week and only for JAT, Aviogenex and Inex Adria flights.
Budva was destroyed by an earthquake in April 1979 and has been completely rebuilt since. I was there a month after the quake and saw the devastation first hand.

MARKEYD
16th Dec 2017, 09:01
Super Break have started to release there programme of 1 off charters next summer with Verona , Malta , Funchal and Tivat ( careful ) now on sale

At the moment Enter Air is pencilled in to operate these flights but Super Break have also said airline / times etc TBA

These flights look to be like what " Newmarket " did a few years ago were 1 aircraft is operating all these flights and position around the UK after each service , interesting that Super Break have taken over where Newmarket left off last year

Norwich , Exeter , Humberside , Cardiff , Derry , Teeside and Leeds look to be the other airports being used throughout next summer

rog747
16th Dec 2017, 09:43
nice 4 day trips on offer but they are not cheap at all - 6/7/800 quid
no doubt the old Palmair crowd will snap them up though - I'm tempted but they are rather pricey

edit madeira added 7 day break

Jerry123
16th Dec 2017, 14:50
MARKEYD
Where or when are these onsale as I can't find them on Superbreaks website.

rog747
17th Dec 2017, 09:23
here you go -twas a bit tricky to find but you seach bournemouth then click
attraction breaks on the left - do the same for exeter for instance

SuperBreak > Hotel Bookings, Reservations & Short Break Holidays (http://www.superbreak.com/search/site/bournemouth/1/AttractionBreak)

madeira added too

this is EXT deps
http://www.superbreak.com/search/site/exeter/1/AttractionBreak

Jerry123
17th Dec 2017, 13:22
Thanks you very much for that.

Nakata77
17th Dec 2017, 16:06
Not doing themselves any favours making it so difficult to discover how to make a booking!

MARKEYD
19th Dec 2017, 17:24
EasyJet are continuing into April again with flights to Geneva

Obviously not daily like last year as SOU is also continuing into April , however the flights are 5 times a week with 2 flights on a Sat , aircraft are all A320 excepet the service on a Tue remains an A319

Fares remain quite a lot higher than SOU on many days but look to be selling very well

shamrock7seal
20th Dec 2017, 16:27
Great news but why the delay this season in putting April up later?

MARKEYD
20th Dec 2017, 17:21
Its not late going on sale its much earlier !

This year they only put April on sale in Feb and increased the frequency

MARKEYD
23rd Dec 2017, 13:37
Bournemouth handled 26 , 127 passengers in November down 6 %
This is down to Ryanair not operating at the start of Nov a number of school half term flights that this year feels into the end of Oct

Also Ryanair has dropped the LPA route this winter which although had very low loads all added to the figures

On a plus TUI averaged 92 % loads and Ryanair 90 %

The P&O Barbados charter with TUI 787 was also full up

Been looking in Jan at easyJet prices from BOH to GVA and they all seem to be at least twice / three times the price as that of SOU which on some days are selling at £ 8 . 99 from SOU !

MARKEYD
7th Jan 2018, 10:40
Hays Travel have added a Barbados charter for Jan 2019 taking the number of fly cruises to 4 now for winter 2018/19 with P & O and Hays , all flights out there are with TUI 787

Santa holidays have added an extra flight to Lapland taking the number of trips up to 6 which is also good news

Buster the Bear
15th Jan 2018, 08:40
https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/southwest/bournemouth-airport-sale-named-as-deal-of-the-month

MARKEYD
15th Jan 2018, 14:00
Large increase in holidays to Lapland over the December period

Last year saw 5 trips this winter there are 8 trips with Canterbury Travel and Santa Holidays covering the extra flights .
Canterbury are new to Bournemouth at the expense of Southampton it looks like with 2 new flights added .
Santa holidays have also added an additional flight and cancelled the SOU flight and are using Titan Airways instead of Small Planet

RW20
15th Jan 2018, 14:55
as much as to be expected,Bournemoth taking up the charters,while Southampton plods on with mostly domestic.However the loss of Volotea as a weekly service coupled to stagnated new routes from Southampton should be a wake up call to the owners and management. If Flybe cut back further, who would replace them at SOU,with its limited airside facilities?.

canberra97
15th Jan 2018, 17:28
It's best to keep that topic to the Southampton thread as we don't really want a BOH v SOU thread:-)

It's quite simple to understand why the Lapland flights are better suited to BOH due to the opening hours at SOU as many of those flights have run late and with some in the past having to divert to BOH due to SOU being closed, we're only looking at a couple of flights so no big loss to SOU only a gain for BOH regarding a couple of extra flights.

Flybe from Southampton is more than just domestic but let's leave it at that as this is the BOH thread!

RW20
15th Jan 2018, 18:56
Canberra97
The fact that charters have to divert to Bournemouth due to restricted hours at SOU just highlights the fact that Southampton lacks the ability to operate these type of flights. All losses of flights to other airports are important.I close this point on this blog and return to Southampton line.Dont get me wrong I fly annually from Bournemouth,a great efficient airport on our doorstep.

Bournemouth Air
22nd Jan 2018, 15:01
good to see the A340 arrive at Bournemouth and Mr Mckonkey said we would never have a 747 at Bournemouth

canberra97
22nd Jan 2018, 21:24
Just out of curiosity who is Mr Mckonkey?

Not sure what your trying to make a point of but surely your aware that B747's have been seen at BOH many times over the last 20 years or so.

shamrock7seal
28th Feb 2018, 02:22
CAA stats for Dec 17 still not released

Ryanair are carrying out a review of their single aircraft bases across Europe. Is Bournemouth considered a single aircraft base despite 3 aircraft being required for Summer season flying?

Tried to book BOH-KRK in March 2019 but flights are 'sold-out'

Nakata77
28th Feb 2018, 02:32
Ryanair W18/19 is on sale already with a single based aircraft requirement. March is not released yet as it seems to be 11 months out only (Feb is on-sale)

Flitefone
28th Feb 2018, 05:12
shamrock7seal

Are avbl now

Gulf Julliet Papa
28th Feb 2018, 06:31
It is single aircraft. If we use you logic Glasgow is a 12 aircraft base as (over summer), 2 aircraft are based there, and 10 more aircraft are used from other bases?

shamrock7seal
28th Feb 2018, 07:19
How likely is BOH to survive this ‘review’ then of single aircraft bases?

SWBKCB
28th Feb 2018, 07:33
I would imagine that the performance of all bases is under constant review, what makes you think there is a special 'single a/c' base review?

The Nutts Mutts
28th Feb 2018, 08:39
Looking at the CAA stats, my back-of-a-fag-packet maths gives an average of 106 pax per flight on the BOH-GVA route in December, and approx 133 per flight from SOU based on MarkeyD's maths on the SOU thread. Doesn't give any indication on yields though obviously.

stewyb
28th Feb 2018, 08:51
Of course BOU are using the A319 predominantly whereas SOU the A320, and SOU fares have been considerably cheaper due to it being a 1st season. However I cannot see Easy continuing with both airports that are only 30 miles apart and consolidation must be in their thinking. Either that or at least the 2nd BOU Saturday flight transferred to SOU as the route has been successful and seeing that fares only went on sale in July, many punters would have already forward booked with BOU.

Le Tirer
28th Feb 2018, 09:09
On the other hand, despite the competition from SOU, the BOH-GVA December pax figure of 4,441 was 8% up on 2016 and the second highest December figure on the route since it started in 2005, only surpassed by the 4,573 back in 2007.

stewyb
28th Feb 2018, 09:39
Interesting stats and quite possibly the demand is there for both routes. Lets see what numbers the core ski season brings!

Nakata77
28th Feb 2018, 10:09
nutts mutts - are u sure about those stats re average per aircraft?

By my own estimates BOH-GVA was averaging 130 pax and SOU-GVA averaging under 100 after taking out Flybes SOU-GVA (assuming same as LY) even though some extra Flybe Saturday services were added.

So if any consolidation happens it will be to BOH’s benefit not the other way around?

shamrock7seal
28th Feb 2018, 10:17
SWBKCB it was reported in the media that Ryanair were carrying out a review of all their single aircraft bases. GLA apparently was a single base with the 2nd you mention being based at STN

However MarkEYD just pointed out that actually Ryanair seems to be adding to services especially to Palma in the Summer (two flights a day on some days)

The Nutts Mutts
28th Feb 2018, 11:10
Nakata- I'm highly confident of the numbers on the SOU-GVA route, although I think Flybe actually did better in terms of numbers than MarkeyD allowed for them, so in that case the EZY numbers will be slightly lower. My own figure for EZY SOU was an average of 124 pax per flight.
As for BOH, the service started on the 9th December and operated Thurs-Mon with two flights on Saturdays. That gave 21 departures (I counted Xmas day but I don't know for certain if flights operated that day). Double it gives the actual number of flights including the inbound legs, so 42 flights in the month. Total pax figure 4441 from CAA stats, divided by 42 gives 105.73 rounded up to 106 average per flight.

It's not a willy waving competition, I just find that SOU attracts a lot of negativity on here and ever since the EZY route from there was announced there have been a lot of comments about how the route didn't appear to be doing well, so as a SOU fan I'm happy to see that the first month doesn't seem to have been the total disaster that some may have foreseen.
I'm happy to see the BOH figures doing well compared to previous years in spite of the competition up the road, and I think there's a big enough market for both airports. For me the issue is stopping the leakage of pax to London from both south coast airports, there's a large market here waiting to be served correctly.

Nakata77
28th Feb 2018, 11:51
Nuts mutts - I believe the actual number of flights from BOH in Dec was 17 (34 returns) because although first flight was 9th (one flight) they didn’t operate the following Tuesday and Thursday only Friday 15th

SOU possibly gets negative reviews on here because this is the BOH thread (?)

A320.b744
28th Feb 2018, 12:01
How likely is BOH to survive this ‘review’ then of single aircraft bases?

Long story short, it's a mixed picture.

Ryanair's decision to close Glasgow and move the aircraft to Edinburgh was influenced by the fact that Ryanair's fares (and thus yield) were much lower on their routes from Glasgow than from Edinburgh.

When comparing the fares on Ryanair's 10 routes from Bournemouth with the corresponding routes from other UK airports, the picture is rather bleak.

The most important point to note is that it is considerably cheaper to fly Ryanair from Bournemouth than from one of Ryanair's other South West airports (BRS and NQY). From NQY, Ryanair fly to only two destinations that are also served from BOH (ALC and FAO), but fares are on average 39% higher from NQY than from BOH. Ryanair serves 9 of the 10 BOH routes from BRS, and fares are 18% more higher from BRS than from BOH. This shows that Ryanair are being forced to keep their BOH fares low in order to create demand, thus putting the airport in the exact same position as GLA. What is more worrying is that Ryanair face a lot less competition on their BOH routes than from BRS, meaning there doesn't seem to be enough high yield demand from BOH.

However, there are some positives from the figures. 6 of the 10 destinations are operated using the single BOH based aircraft. Assuming an average load factor, the four routes with the highest yield are operated by the BOH aircraft, and the worst performers are operated by away-based aircraft. This suggests that while some routes (namely ALC, KRK and AGP) could be axed, it doesn't necessarily mean that the base will close completely. It all depends on whether Ryanair find it more beneficial to operate a small network of 5-6 routes from BOH, or to close the base and move all operations to BRS.

shamrock7seal
28th Feb 2018, 12:36
Is this the same picture throughout the year? BOH is very seasonal

A320.b744
28th Feb 2018, 13:14
Is this the same picture throughout the year? BOH is very seasonal

The figures above are for the beginning of August, so peak summer season.

For winter season (6 routes), the picture is less bleak, but this is mainly fuelled by a large increase in fares on BOH-KRK and large fall in fares on BRS-KRK. Overall, flights from BRS are 5% more expensive, but the 5 sun routes average at 12% higher than from BOH.

So essentially this means that while BOH performs relatively poorly compared with BRS and other UK Ryanair bases, the airport performs a little less poorly during the winter season.

Gulf Julliet Papa
28th Feb 2018, 13:44
Correct me if I’m wrong but all Ryanair routes are to other (larger) bases than BOH, except MJV. Therefore RYR could (not saying should or will) close the base at BOH and maintain the same frequencies and destinations (just different schedule)

shamrock7seal
2nd Mar 2018, 10:35
Social media responses from the airport during the snow event have been non-existent, while many other airports including Bristol, Southampton and the London and Scottish ones have been truly fantastic keeping everyone up to date. Seriously NOT impressed with the new airport owners so far. No clue as to how important digital communication is in 2018.

stewyb
2nd Mar 2018, 11:12
Social media responses from the airport during the snow event have been non-existent, while many other airports including Bristol, Southampton and the London and Scottish ones have been truly fantastic keeping everyone up to date. Seriously NOT impressed with the new airport owners so far. No clue as to how important digital communication is in 2018.

No excuse I know but its hardly surprising when you only have 3/4 flights departing daily. You only have to travel through the airport, of which I find it to be a pleasant enough experience, to understand that operations are working on a part time basis!

possibleconsequences
2nd Mar 2018, 11:23
Their website says airport is closed due to the weather- what else are they supposed to say?

Rigby haven’t completely taken over yet so early days..

ericlday
2nd Mar 2018, 11:49
Eghh 021220z 08010kt 8000 ovc014 m01/m03 q0989 snoclo 2018-03-02 12:20:00

MARKEYD
2nd Mar 2018, 13:42
Passenger figures are finally out for December and I have included Jan as well

December 2017 saw 31 , 870 passengers exactly the same as the previous year !

Santa flights

Enontekio 189 pax Enter Air B738

Kittila 186 pax TUI B738

Pajala 189 pax Enter Air B 738

Ivalao saw 2 flights by Small Planet A321 177 pax per flight ( was scheduled originally on a A320 , 180 seater )

Ryanair and TUI averaged mid 85 / 90 % loads except the Turin ski flights which was only about 60 % full

Barbados went out full 299 pax on B 787

Geneva operated by Easy jet saw 18 flights start the Dec ski season with 4441 pax giving an average of 124 pax

January 2018

31 , 379 passengers passed through the airport down 5 % , I think this was mainly down to 1 less Ryanair flight being operated , LPA being cut

Ryanair and TUI saw flights averaging about 175 pax per flight except again the Turin ski flight that only saw about 123 pax per flight

Easy Jet to Geneva saw 6094 use the flight averaging about 122 pax per flight

The Southampton service saw 4697 pax to Geneva
Flybe operated 12 flights , so giving them say an average 65 pax per flight that leaves Easy Jet with 13 flights operated and an average of 121 pax per flight

shamrock7seal
5th Mar 2018, 08:34
12-month rolling total is 3.3% up at 692,000 (Feb'17-Jan'18)

stewyb
6th Mar 2018, 17:37
Paphos added twice weekly with Ryanair for W18

Nakata77
7th Mar 2018, 02:17
Still seems to be based aircraft flying available for a Spanish-type sector length on days 2,3,4,6,7 for Winter 18. More to be announced?

adfly
7th Mar 2018, 20:34
As usual, if anyone has more information on any one off charters etc then please let me know and I will update this post. TUI are identical to last year and some of Ryanair's seasonal increases have not carried across, so there is a couple of weekly flights less in the summer peak compared to last year.

Easyjet

Geneva - 4 weekly 319 (until 21/04)

Freebird

Dalaman - 1 weekly 320 (for TUI)

Ryanair - 1 738 based

Alicante - 4 weekly
Faro - 4 weekly
Girona - 4 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Krakow - 2 weekly
Malaga - 6 weekly
Malta - 2 weekly
Murcia - 4 weekly
Palma - 6-8 weekly
Tenerife South - 1 weekly

TUI - 1 738 Based

Corfu - 1 weekly
Ibiza - 1 weekly
Lanzarote - 2 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Mahon - 1 weekly
Naples - 1 weekly
Palma - 1-4 weekly
Paphos - 1 weekly
Rhodes - 1 weekly
Tenerife South - 1-2 weekly

Overall:

45-52 weekly departures
6-7 daily departures

stewyb
7th Mar 2018, 20:53
As usual, if anyone has more information on any one off charters etc then please let me know and I will update this post. TUI are identical to last year and some of Ryanair's seasonal increases have not carried across, so there is a couple of weekly flights less in the summer peak compared to last year.

Easyjet

Geneva - 4 weekly 319 (until 21/04)

Freebird

Dalaman - 1 weekly 320 (for TUI)

Ryanair - 1 738 based

Alicante - 4 weekly
Faro - 4 weekly
Girona - 4 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Krakow - 2 weekly
Malaga - 6 weekly
Malta - 2 weekly
Murcia - 4 weekly
Palma - 6-8 weekly
Tenerife South - 1 weekly

TUI - 1 738 Based

Corfu - 1 weekly
Ibiza - 1 weekly
Lanzarote - 2 weekly
Las Palmas - 1 weekly
Mahon - 1 weekly
Naples - 1 weekly
Palma - 1-4 weekly
Paphos - 1 weekly
Rhodes - 1 weekly
Tenerife South - 1-2 weekly

Overall:

45-52 weekly departures
6-7 daily departures

Look forward to SOU analysis 👍

shamrock7seal
8th Mar 2018, 00:57
adfly you missed the new twice weekly Ryanair BOH-PFO flight just announced

A320.b744
8th Mar 2018, 01:06
adfly you missed the new twice weekly Ryanair BOH-PFO flight just announced

Adfly's analysis was for S18, and BOH-PFO doesn't commence until W18.

MARKEYD
19th Mar 2018, 14:44
CAA stats for those that are interested for 2017

Bournemouth handled 694 , 660 passengers up 4 % on the previous year

Top 10 routes were

1) Palma 95 , 093

2) Malaga 73 , 595

3) Faro 31 , 928

4) Alicante 53 , 697

5) Tenerife 45 , 403

6) Murcia 36 , 959

7) Lanzarote 36 , 879

8) Gerona 36 , 094

9) Las Palmas 36 , 024

10) Geneva 33 , 605

Apart from that nothing much to report . Seems to have gone very quiet since the take over from the Rigby group , perhaps they are scratching there heads as to what to do here !!
There website is extremely poor with no social media activity at all now , least MAG had a page with good information

The bus service stops on 6 April with no one mentioned as to taking it over yet

Only good bit of news is the new Paphos route starting in Oct but it may come at the expense of the Krakow route which has been off sale now for 4 weeks , from 1st Feb 19

P & O have 3 new departures to Barbados at the end of 2019 / 20

Flitefone
19th Mar 2018, 15:43
[QUOTE=MARKEYD;10089223]CAA stats for those that are interested for 2017

There website is extremely poor with no social media activity at all now ,

Markey, the airport is active on Twitter @bohairport rather better than MAG's efforts in that regard

FF

MARKEYD
19th Mar 2018, 18:35
Not really to be honest with you , have a look , just a few tweets since takeover back in December and a few more regarding the snow which seemed to be re hashed and driving the local users mad .....

Just think they have definitely taken there eye off the ball a bit

No advertising about holidays , routes and selling the holidays on offer
There isn’t even an airport travel agency dedicated like MAG had

shamrock7seal
20th Mar 2018, 15:05
Markeyd, doubt it will come at the expense of KRK as they have shifted the timings of KRK to allow for the service to PFO on Monday and Fridays probably / hopefully just a time lag in releasing March 19

Wholeheartedly agree with you on the social media. Appalling. But then again Rigby is a real estate company and the owner is 80 plus. Probably not driving focus where it needs to be. Exeter and Norwich exactly the same.

Le Tirer
26th Mar 2018, 11:13
TUI have added Heraklion, Kefalonia and Antalya for Summer 2019

https://www.bournemouthairport.com/tui-uk-launches-summer-2019-programme-bournemouth-airport/

MARKEYD
26th Mar 2018, 11:41
Thats fantastic news for Bournemouth with a good selection of new routes which have been needed for a long time now

If TUI keep to the same schedule of flights as in previous years and Bournemouth does not loose any at the expense of these new routes announced then this will take the summer flights back up to 2010 levels when Palmair also operated for the last year

I am guessing that as the TUI aircraft is operating at full capacity from BOH then either they will be foreign based aircraft or TUI aircraft on a W pattern from other UK airports

All will be revealed on the 5 April !!!

shamrock7seal
26th Mar 2018, 12:35
Kefalonia has never been operated from BOH before has it? Antalya a welcome return given it operated with high volumes and load factors when Thomas Cook operated it with a 757in 2011. Heraklion also a welcome return that was operated for a number of years before.

Nakata77
27th Mar 2018, 01:51
The press release says its additional and they are adding 25,000 seats to the BOH network.

Exeter gets 4 additional routes, Southampton appears to get none.

MARKEYD
27th Mar 2018, 09:13
Bournemouth handled 31 , 771 passengers in February - 5 % on last year
This can be put down to the loss of the Ryanair LPA route and the Geneva route with Easy jet was also slightly down

Ryanair routes all performed really well and were in the 90 % loads while TUI were about 95 % loads except again Turin ski route which saw average loads of 135 pax use the service

The Barbados route saw 291 passengers out and back on a TUI 787 for P&O cruises

Easy jet saw 6779 passengers use the route down about 1000 to Southampton ? but still good loads as mostly the A319 was used , 141 pax averaged each flight

Southampton saw 4512 passengers
Flybe averaged for example 65 pax then Easy jet averaged 123 pax
Flybe averaged for example 75 pax then Easy jet averaged 113 pax on a A320 , 186 seater

shamrock7seal
27th Mar 2018, 12:08
Markeyd - why is the Turin flight doing so badly this year? Any ideas?

Year to date BOH still managed 690,000 March 2017 to February 2018... up 2%

flybeboy
27th Mar 2018, 12:48
Exeter only getting the same three as bourn not four

MARKEYD
27th Mar 2018, 13:15
Turin is actually one of the most established winter routes from Bournemouth
It started in Winter 1994 and Palmair Bae 146 300 operated the route on behalf of Crystal ski which in turn has operated ever since using a variety of airlines but now using a based TUI 738

Just looking back at the loads over the past few years and they all seem to be about the average 150 passenger per flight , its operating again next winter so Crystal ski can't be that worried about it .
It probably needs a smaller aircraft really like a Boeing 733 ( Titan airways style !! )

Exeter is getting Zante , Antalya and Crete
Bournemouth is getting Crete , Antalya and Kefalonia

flybeboy
27th Mar 2018, 14:03
Exeter is getting zante, crete, and antalya turkey only on airports website.

rog747
27th Mar 2018, 14:16
Turin is actually one of the most established winter routes from Bournemouth
It started in Winter 1994 and Palmair Bae 146 300 operated the route on behalf of Crystal ski which in turn has operated ever since using a variety of airlines but now using a based TUI 738

Just looking back at the loads over the past few years and they all seem to be about the average 150 passenger per flight , its operating again next winter so Crystal ski can't be that worried about it .
It probably needs a smaller aircraft really like a Boeing 733 ( Titan airways style !! )

Exeter is getting Zante , Kefalonia and Crete

crystal ski is owned by thomson's so hence using the based in-house 738

LAX2000
5th Apr 2018, 12:43
TUI Schedule for Summer 19

Based aircraft

Mon - MAH/LPA
Tue - PMI/EFL
Wed - IBZ/PFO
Thu - PMI/ACE
Fri - NAP/HER
Sat - PMI/RHO
Sun - PMI/ACE

Additional flights

Fri - CFU - W pattern, TFS operated by Air Europa, DLM - Other Carrier
Sat - AYT - Other Carrier

PDXCWL45
5th Apr 2018, 13:18
TUI Schedule for Summer 19

Based aircraft

Mon - MAH/LPA
Tue - PMI/EFL
Wed - IBZ/PFO
Thu - PMI/ACE
Fri - NAP/HER
Sat - PMI/RHO
Sun - PMI/ACE

Additional flights

Fri - CFU - W pattern, TFS operated by Air Europa, DLM - Other Carrier
Sat - AYT - Other Carrier

CFU will be operated by a Cardiff based 737 8

shamrock7seal
6th Apr 2018, 00:28
Likely Dalaman and Antalya both on Freebird?

I heard that some TUI flights from Exeter are on Norwegian 737's

Nakata77
8th Apr 2018, 06:07
The bus link to the town centre now seems to be a 24/7 service hourly

IB4138
8th Apr 2018, 07:19
Not according to the Airport website.

To & From Bournemouth Airport by Bus

Bournemouth Airport is covered by Yellow Buses service B1, which serves Bournemouth Square, Railway Station, Winton, Moordown, Northbourne and Parley Cross from 6am to 7pm.

The service runs seven days a week, with discounted weekly and monthly tickets available.

shamrock7seal
9th Apr 2018, 03:08
Yes it’s only 6am to 7pm basically designed to catch office workers traveling to aviation park and perhaps staff to and from the terminal. I think only 1% of passengers actually use it.

FrequentlyFlying
9th Apr 2018, 10:02
A truly shocking service it has absolutely no resemblance to an airport shuttle -
It is not even timed to meet the few flight departures or arrivals - it takes forever via a convoluted route of many stops and it runs to suit the business park timings - what is so difficult in running a £5 a trip station to airport shuttle 2 x half hourly shuttle Christchurch station to airport to Bournemouth station/coach station to airport - 5am - 11pm - especially in summer - potentially 1 x half hourly winter?
Surely that's just a basic investment if you had any hopes of providing a LCC base - it's literally 10 mins max from Christchurch station 14 from Bournemouth direct - that's extremely attractive train to plane timings - I use the route (by car) -and a lot and the talk on here about traffic issues has never been my experience - it is rare and never critical delay wise - infact ideal for a bloody shuttle !!

Nakata77
10th Apr 2018, 03:07
Agree FrequentlyFlying.

Eventually (it must only be a matter of time surely) once the airport is back to being a legitimate LCC hub then the next bus operator will be someone like MORE bus running from Poole to the airport via Bmth Train Interchange

Badgermanuk
10th Apr 2018, 07:58
Bournemouth Airport boss Paul Knight to retire in September | Bournemouth Echo (http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/16147987._quot_It__39_s_like_a_family_here_quot___Bournemout h_Airport_boss_to_retire_in_September/)

MARKEYD
10th Apr 2018, 09:00
That really can't come quick enough , perhaps the out going MD from Southampton can have a joint leaving do with the Bournemouth MD !!

MARKEYD
12th Apr 2018, 08:03
Easy jet have released there schedule for next winter and great to see the carrier returning , with little impact it would seem on competition from Southampton on this route

6 flights operate again , with 2 flights on a Saturday and the Friday service is back up to an A320

Fri A320
Sat. A320 am flight
Sat. A319 pm flight
Sun A320
Mon A319
Thu. A319

Groundloop
12th Apr 2018, 11:46
Easy jet have released there schedule for next winter and great to see the carrier returning , with little impact it would seem on competition from Southampton on this route

6 flights operate again , with 2 flights on a Saturday and the Friday service is back up to an A320

Fri A319
Sat. A320 am flight
Sat. A319 pm flight
Sun A320
Mon A319
Thu. A319

But you list Friday as an A319!

MARKEYD
12th Apr 2018, 14:32
Nothing that can't be sorted !

Mr A Tis
12th Apr 2018, 14:36
Let's hope the new Airport owners re-establish some of the lost LCC routes under MAG rule. Combined with that, they should also find a bus operator who can provide a reliable fast airport shuttle like FrequentFlying suggests, maybe some financial incentive to get a route going that covers arrivals & departures.
The B1 is really all about serving the industrial aviation park and not the terminal, the terminal is just a sideline.

Groundloop
13th Apr 2018, 11:29
Let's hope the new Airport owners re-establish some of the lost LCC routes under MAG rule.

How will they do that? Form their own airline? If airlines pulled off routes because they were not making enough money there is not that much an airport owner can do do get them back.

SWBKCB
13th Apr 2018, 11:34
Easy - put a bus on! :ok:

shamrock7seal
14th Apr 2018, 02:11
Rumour on the SOU thread that easyJet are talking to SOU about S19 - not clear if for sum routes or continuation of GVA. Rigby had better be talking to easyJet to ensure that doesn’t happen. Else BOH’s core advantage over SOU is at risk (leisure sun routes).

MARKEYD
14th Apr 2018, 08:25
Given how fast the take over took from the MAG group to Rigby , I bet there is a lot of things happening that we are unaware of behind the scenes

Just looking already announced at BOH in a short space of time is

Paphos for winter with Ryanair and a continuing base operating in the winter

Easy jet continuing to operate to Geneva with 6 flights despite SOU operation

TUI massively expanding in 2019 with 3 new routes on top of there core based routes

Additional P&O cruise flights to Barbados

Rigby have said they are actively looking to bring in more routes

Nakata77
17th Apr 2018, 03:19
Why is the Ryanair BOH-KRK service not bookable beyond Jan-19???

yeo valley
17th Apr 2018, 05:23
Why is the Ryanair BOH-KRK service not bookable beyond Jan-19???

Route dropped.???

MARKEYD
17th Apr 2018, 08:22
Its been off sale since the beginning of January , only bookable up to end of January 19

The loads and prices have always been high on this relatively new route , had high hopes that it may continue this time , but perhaps not , unless its been suspended for a couple of months

Nakata77
17th Apr 2018, 13:36
Maybe it’s a crewing issue? Would be odd to plan dropping it so far in advance

yeo valley
18th Apr 2018, 00:24
Maybe it’s a crewing issue? Would be odd to plan dropping it so far in advance

It would not be a crew issue this far in advance. Think about it that its not far away from brexit in January,and air lines will and have been keeping a eye on routes to Europe in general. I recon with brexit a lot of other routes from UK airports will be in danger of being dropped as well.

shamrock7seal
19th Apr 2018, 09:06
The SOU thread is reporting easyJet doing Palma four times per week from next year but I can't find anything confirming this.

If so it's bad news for BOH.

stewyb
19th Apr 2018, 09:21
The route is already well served by Tui and Ryanair. Did you honestly think that Ezy would go head to head with these guys from the same airport?

SWBKCB
19th Apr 2018, 10:16
Why is this bad news, the route is already well served by Tui and Ryanair. Did you honestly think that Ezy would go head to head with these guys from the same airport?

Major competitor moving in just down the road?

stewyb
19th Apr 2018, 10:19
Major competitor moving in just down the road?

I prefer to think of it as healthy competition :ok:

FrequentlyFlying
20th Apr 2018, 22:43
Obvs some reason be it error or other related item but KRK flights past 29 Jan to the end of W19 (end March) now live and bookable on Ryanair site - so no dropped flights - just real ones taking off and landing and not 'rumoured' ;)

Nakata77
21st Apr 2018, 15:39
Excellent news

Hopefully more flights will be added to FR’s winter BOH programme as currently the utilisation of the single based aircraft is low

MARKEYD
24th Apr 2018, 09:17
I don't think Ryanair will add any additional flights for the winter but the aircraft utilisation is probably not as good as it could be because some of the destinations are operated from oversea bases i.e. Malaga and Faro in the winter

Fueteventura would be a good winter addition again as proved popular many years ago , not sure why it was dropped

Nakata77
24th Apr 2018, 11:11
No logical explanation for Ryanair’s route withdrawals given the massive amount of people still traveling to and from Fuerteventura from the core BOH catchment but traveling from LGW LTN STN BRS and even BHX

shamrock7seal
24th Apr 2018, 11:14
How do u know this?

Nakata77
24th Apr 2018, 14:49
2016 CAA origin and destination leakage data

MARKEYD
10th May 2018, 08:23
Bournemouth handled 40 , 298 down 3 % , due mainly to the snow and diversions out of the airport

Ryanair started some of their seasonal routes again like PMI , GRO and MJV with loads of about 120 pax , this should obviously start to increase next month , while the rest of there routes averaged about 88 % loads

TUI as per normal went out about 97 % full with the last of the Barbados flights went out with 272 pax on a TUI 787 , the next flight goes out in November

Easy jet saw a few cancellations due weather and 7716 passengers used the route , averaging 161 pax per flight

shamrock7seal
11th May 2018, 10:35
Bournemouth handled 40 , 298 down 3 % , due mainly to the snow and diversions out of the airport

Ryanair started some of their seasonal routes again like PMI , GRO and MJV with loads of about 120 pax , this should obviously start to increase next month , while the rest of there routes averaged about 88 % loads

TUI as per normal went out about 97 % full with the last of the Barbados flights went out with 272 pax on a TUI 787 , the next flight goes out in November

Easy jet saw a few cancellations due weather and 7716 passengers used the route , averaging 161 pax per flight

Not bad considering that SOU saw a 6.5% reduction and Exeter 5.7% reduction. It seems that quite a few UK regional airports all stuttered a little in March.

MARKEYD
12th May 2018, 08:39
Bournemouth only lost about 1 , 200 passengers which was probably the 7 cancelled and diverted flights due to snow

Hays travel have sold out on there Barbados cruise charter for next Jan , using TUI 787 , only went on sale 5 months ago . This still leaves 3 Barbados P & O flights which are also selling well
Titan are now operating the Iceland charters for Super break holidays instead of Enter Air along with the flights to Ivalo ( " Santas Lapland " 3 flights )
Possible they may also operate the Funchal flight instead of Enter Air which may have been to large to try and sell all the seats

shamrock7seal
12th May 2018, 21:31
Any idea on the aircraft type that Titan may use?

Barbados needs to be a weekly scheduled flight, along with a weekly Florida service

rog747
13th May 2018, 06:10
Any idea on the aircraft type that Titan may use?

Barbados needs to be a weekly scheduled flight, along with a weekly Florida service

A rather nice advertising agencies dream ''weekly schedules to MCO and BGI'' from Bournemouth

the few annual P&O using TUI Caribbean cruise charters do sell out quickly but 2 summers ago the Cunard Med charters (Titan) did not perform well hence Cunard no longer feature BOH on their fly/cruises

I agree that in high season I think any one-off or a small series to MCO JFK or Carribean trips direct from BOH would sell well (as did Xmas NYC shopping trips a few years back) but as for regular flights on a weekly basis the risk is enormous and no one would do that right now with almost if not daily LHR and LGW flights in strength and operating split loads such as LGW-BOH-MCO for instance are not popular with pax and can be fraught with Ops difficulties

MARKEYD
13th May 2018, 08:24
A small series of flights in the summer by TUI to Orlando in July / Aug would be the best starter to test the market , although this was done back in 1996 / 97 with Britannia using a 767 200 via Bangor and Leisure 767 300 . Flights went out full but never became permanent .
TUI would probably have tried this before now if they thought there was a market , they know where their customer base is
Bristol is obviously doing well but that only started because of the 787 capabilities , who knows perhaps they may have a re think again

Gulf Julliet Papa
13th May 2018, 12:44
A small series of flights in the summer by TUI to Orlando in July / Aug would be the best starter to test the market

And this is why it is pie in the sky thinking yet again on the BOH thread. If the flight is once per week, which it would be, that would tie up a 787 for 9 days out of 365 days. What is the plan for the other 356 days of the year? I'm not suggesting a whole aircraft be allocated to BOH, I'm more suggesting that in the middle of a busy summer season, why would they give one of their largest aircraft to operate to BOH when it could be used anywhere else where it is cheaper, and a safer market.

Jn14:6
14th May 2018, 07:43
Oooh! Florida in Hurricane season........can't wait for those Markey!

rog747
15th May 2018, 19:54
the uk summer school hols is the high season for our Florida market - hurricanes or not

Jn14:6
16th May 2018, 08:43
That gives me two good reasons for not going at that time!:)

Knife-Edge
21st May 2018, 22:08
Last year a weeks parking was £31 with a voucher code, this year it’s £55 with a voucher code. It looks like Rigby have put the prices up over 75% !!!!!!

That’s a hell of a price hike but I guess looking at it commercially they would have to lose a lot of customers before it returned them less money. I am one they have lost.

adfly
21st May 2018, 22:13
Last year a weeks parking was £31 with a voucher code, this year it’s £55 with a voucher code. It looks like Rigby have put the prices up over 75% !!!!!!

That’s a hell of a price hike but I guess looking at it commercially they would have to lose a lot of customers before it returned them less money. I am one they have lost.
You can park for a week at Gatwick at the end of June for that!

Badgermanuk
22nd May 2018, 06:21
Guess I'll be using the unofficial Car Park across the road then at £40, with pick up and drop off from the Airport Car Park !!

Knife-Edge
22nd May 2018, 13:49
Guess I'll be using the unofficial Car Park across the road then at £40, with pick up and drop off from the Airport Car Park !!

They are £30 for a week, I have just booked. They should see a nice increase in business.

Badgermanuk
22nd May 2018, 17:28
Yes did see it was £30 last week.....left the booking until last night and it had increased to £40 - seems the 25% off promotion had finished over the weekend...That will teach me to put it off !

Bournemouthair
23rd May 2018, 04:58

it maybe supply and demand as last week the car park was full. Even all the drop off bays where full. What do we pay the drop off for

Bournemouthair
23rd May 2018, 13:16
From 26th May the airport bus changes to

jetbus 737
with 6 times from and to the airport a day on Monday to friday
saturday 4 tines and Sunday 2

shamrock7seal
24th May 2018, 02:47
Must be the only airport in the country that doesn't seem to be able to sustain a simple bus service. This new route is good for employees (who leave the office damn early at 17:24) but is totally useless and pointless for passengers. I haven't really understood why the bus doesn't do Poole>Station>Hospital>CastlePoint>Ferndown>Airport>Christchurch and back again as a loop which would be self-sustaining in terms of non-pax use.

kcockayne
24th May 2018, 07:46
it maybe supply and demand as last week the car park was full. Even all the drop off bays where full. What do we pay the drop off for
It is an extortionate charge levied by the Airport operator in an attempt to raise some revenue lost by having to comply with its deal with RYR.

shamrock7seal
24th May 2018, 08:38
Surely it would make more sense to give a completely FREE deal to Ryanair to allow them to provide a million pax rather than the paltry half million they are doing now and then the car-park revenue will increase automatically without any fee increases

Bournemouthair
24th May 2018, 20:12
Good to see that Gama Aviation to Move maintenance to move from Oxford and farnborough
to Hangar 12.

Lots of Talk about Hays travel selling Jet2 flights also from Bournemouth