View Full Version : Ryanair-10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Alsacienne
29th Jul 2019, 18:02
FR7118 from Strasbourg to Stansted on Sunday 28 July had an aborted take off because of possible bird-strike and returned to stand for assessment and if necessary repair and sign off. Why were engineers were flown in from Milan Bergamo when there is an FR base at Karlsruhe-Baden? Many thanks.

TSR2
29th Jul 2019, 18:51
Looks like Mr O'Leary is losing patience with Boeing over the delay in B737MAX (B737-8200) re-certification.

Gulf Julliet Papa
29th Jul 2019, 18:59
FR7118 from Strasbourg to Stansted on Sunday 28 July had an aborted take off because of possible bird-strike and returned to stand for assessment and if necessary repair and sign off. Why were engineers were flown in from Milan Bergamo when there is an FR base at Karlsruhe-Baden? Many thanks.

Crew / Aircraft base does not equal engineers, and even if it does the engineers are only likely to be for overnight work in a small base. During the day the main stay of the engineers will be in bigger bases such as BGY/STN and hence why the Learjets are based there

Alsacienne
29th Jul 2019, 20:32
Thanks GJP. I did see the Learjet parked up by our 737-800! And they all did a damn good job. It's so easy to criticize FR and their terms and conditions ... but when it comes to safety and rigorous hull servicing, they are excellent.

Skipness One Foxtrot
30th Jul 2019, 14:42
In a call with analysts, the airline boss also warned that Ryanair might cut routes from London to Glasgow, Edinburgh and Belfast in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Someone needs to tell Mikey that they've alerady dropped these routes with the exception of EDI which is ending shortly.

harriewillem
30th Jul 2019, 22:35
https://vimeo.com/350780012/5abde31242

2Para
1st Aug 2019, 10:06
im afraid 20 airbus v ezy airbus fleet don't cut it, they can cut and cut but when theres nothing more to cut, then what happens bud?
so much for bigger is best, 900 jobs to go?

Seljuk22
1st Aug 2019, 16:48
Looks like FR will give up their last German domestic route SXF-CGN this winter.

yeo valley
2nd Aug 2019, 11:41
With the 900 jobs to go,are the seasonal jobs included in this number.??

FRatSTN
2nd Aug 2019, 17:42
Whilst I've no knowledge on the subject, if I were to take a best guess in light of the recent news, I think BFS and maybe BOH are the most at risk of base closure (currently only a single aircraft each and with route networks that can largely be covered by non-based aircraft)- No reason why they cannot continue with a reduced schedule similar to that currently in GLA, NCL or CWL.

Base cuts I think LPL is a potential risk, as is maybe EDI and possibly somewhere like BRS, BHX or LBA.

EMA and PIK I think will be reasonably safe, both are well established/long standing and strategically quite important crew bases especially from a technical/training point of view.

LTN and SEN I think will be quite safe also; the access those aircraft give to "first wave" slots in a congested London market will be extremely valuable and cannot see the logic of letting them go. STN they may have a bit more flexibility to shift towards more non-based flying with vast European network served from there.

MAN too I think is a similar situation and has seen a phenomenal amount of growth over recent seasons.

Of course, lets hope any cuts are a minimalist as possible and best wishes to the pilots, cabin crew and colleagues that frankly do an incredibly important and fantastic job in what is a massively testing time for the aviation business.

eye2eye5
2nd Aug 2019, 20:23
The answer to where the axe may fall lies in MOL's new bonus targets. Specifically, he needs to grow Ryanair's net income and push the share price. That probably means an end to growing passenger numbers at nominal income, he needs to focus on profitable routes. That's already apparent in the closing of SXF-CGN and all but pulling BFS- MAN. Routes which have high load factors but low yields are at risk. Possibly routes where RYR is in competition with easyJet and Wizz may be considered as being under threat as they probably depress yield. If MOL is truly driven by net income - which in turn will drive the share price - he will not be afraid of conceding sub optimal routes to his rivals, which may have been anathema in the past.

Alsacienne
2nd Aug 2019, 20:42
Will we be saying bye-bye to SXB ... or simply au revoir after S19?

EI-BUD
2nd Aug 2019, 23:43
Aside from the Max challenges and uncertainty, he's admitting this week that there are markets under huge strain, I.e. Frankfurt.

Lufthansa have not taken Ryanair's entry to Frankfurt likely. The message is clear Ryanair will only invest into unprofitable routes for a limited period of time, by which time the incumbent throws in the towel and Ryanair gets all of the business. Lufthansa and easyJet since Carolyn McCall's departure have shown that you play the long game and challenge Ryanair instead of giving up on your market. Frankfurt is an example, as is Belfast in the case of easyJet.

I'm not entirely convinced that Ryanair have the lowest cost base in Europe of the LCCs, I think in unit cost Wizz would be ahead and a few LCCs comparacble.

We see at many UK bases where Ryanair and easyJet battle it out, that easyJet is larger in , flights and based aircraft numbers.... says a lot.

ei-bud

blind pew
3rd Aug 2019, 03:13
A tracker aircraft crashed whilst fire bombing killing the pilot.
Daughter and two small children were coached to Montpellier where the Ryanair flight had diverted to.
Excellent service, well organised especially as a black day on french roads..30 mins of traffic delays on the motorways.
Started a thread whichnwas taken down - probably due to a clown criticising my syntax or because I commented that it was far better treatment than my son had at the hands of Big Airlines.

BACsuperVC10
3rd Aug 2019, 07:45
The answer to where the axe may fall lies in MOL's new bonus targets. Specifically, he needs to grow Ryanair's net income and push the share price. That probably means an end to growing passenger numbers at nominal income, he needs to focus on profitable routes. That's already apparent in the closing of SXF-CGN and all but pulling BFS- MAN. Routes which have high load factors but low yields are at risk. Possibly routes where RYR is in competition with easyJet and Wizz may be considered as being under threat as they probably depress yield. If MOL is truly driven by net income - which in turn will drive the share price - he will not be afraid of conceding sub optimal routes to his rivals, which may have been anathema in the past.
I think MAN to FRA also pulled.

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Aug 2019, 09:08
New route (winter route)

Bristol - Turin

1pw (sat)
Begins 14 DEC 2019

True Blue
3rd Aug 2019, 20:22
I think Ryanair are entering a critical period right now. I know they are very profitable, but they have problems coming in several directions. Many large and very profitable companies have found it very hard, in the past, to keep going in the right direction. Some have failed. I said when FR cancelled a large number of flights due to pilots having to take holidays, that they way they handled that crisis would be very telling for the future. I had a flight cancelled at that time, I had to book new flights that cost me more money. I have had a second flight cancelled now, no consideration from Fr at all. On every flight they cancel, there will be a number of pax, large or small, that will have been caused financial loss. In my case, I was connecting to another flight. Now to make that flight, I have to travel the night before and pay for a hotel room. FR will say, we are a point to point carrier, that is correct. But for many, they are embarking on more than just the Fr flight. It is the last time they will do this on me. So as they keep pissing pax off, there will be those who will vote with their wallets. There will be those who will still use them, if the fare is low enough. And that is part of the FR problem, they have no regard towards the paying pax, the pax have no loyalty towards FR.

A previous poster mentioned Bfs as a base at risk. He is probably correct. Trouble for Fr is, they have a large number of planes on order, they have to put them somewhere, they can't avoid a Bfs for ever, a 6m+ pax airport. If they can't make Bfs work, what does that mean for the many far smaller airports that they might have to put aircraft into? Most of the larger airports have Fr services. And they can't make Fra work!

Another poster mentioned culling not very profitable routes. That puts you on a path of contraction. Fr seem to be closing routes all over the place at the moment. There comes a point when that option is all worn out. They have reduced Bfs - Stn to 2 services a week. Bfs- Man goes the same way at the start of the winter timetable. What use is that to the vast majority of pax? And who thought that 2 a week is a good idea? And what if Wizzair start to take on some of the routes that FR drop? They may be profitable, but not profitable enough for Fr. Wizzair seems to be making good progress, without the bad publicity. They could make enough profit on some of those routes to keep them happy.

For years, Fr treated everyone they came into contact with with contempt. Threats, route closures, base closures you name it. Make a big reduction at Gla, blame it on APD. Expand at Edi, APD not a problem. And press never asked the question, what are you talking about? Now I think Fr have lots of issues, but no goodwill anywhere to get the help they might need. Long runs the fox!

sixchannel
3rd Aug 2019, 20:39
True Blue - I voted with my wallet in 2014 after a particularly noisy flight BHX - DUB where it seemed a lot of Pax (all c20 something single males) were intent on singing and shouting loudly for the duration.
Fortunately its a short flight. FR CC seemed unable to cope.
So, Lingus now get my once a year return trip.

Mr A Tis
4th Aug 2019, 08:12
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/80275-malta-air-to-operate-ryanairs-french-german-italian-bases?fbclid=IwAR1HKYn1N-VB0DI5ozTYtaomc7Vz-pdPryP6rJ-GLJkOoJ3QRHISYkFXOok

Ryanair shifting many aircraft and staff to Malta Air.

Ryanair lay off staff (contract short term) and mothball aircraft every winter- so this laying off staff happens every year- coupled with the shift to Malta Air. Isn't this just the usual smoke and mirrors that they are famous for? Generates news and any news is always good for FR.

SWBKCB
4th Aug 2019, 08:42
From Flight International:

In a video – part of which has been seen by FlightGlobal and confirmed as genuine by the carrier – chief executive Michael O'Leary states that the airline already has "a surplus of over 500 pilots and some 400 cabin crew", which he says is a consequence of resignations falling "to effectively zero since January 2019".

eu01
5th Aug 2019, 06:00
Just came to my mind: Will Ryanair be ready to comply with the Revised Directive on Payment Services (PSD2) in a few days time? True, that concerns everybody, but most airlines have already implemented it, FR never bothered to introduce the strong customer authentication during the payment process, hence my question. If not....

davidjohnson6
5th Aug 2019, 07:58
Eu01 - would you perhaps be kind enough to explain what items Ryanair might wish to examine to verify compliance ?

eu01
5th Aug 2019, 15:59
^^ To my understanding, as of 14th of September the card payments should be secured by "Verified By Visa", "MasterCard Secure" or similar verification methods (strong customer authentication for electronic payment transactions). Did I get it wrong? Of course the payment service provider could implement it on behalf of FR and others, soon we shall see.

CabinCrewe
5th Aug 2019, 16:12
With the Wizz announcement at EDI, wonder if its further evidence of the suggested cull of the Ryanair base?

SealinkBF
5th Aug 2019, 16:45
Just came to my mind: Will Ryanair be ready to comply with the Revised Directive on Payment Services (PSD2) in a few days time? True, that concerns everybody, but most airlines have already implemented it, FR never bothered to introduce the strong customer authentication during the payment process, hence my question. If not....

They'll shut the website for 12 hours... 🤣

mwm991
5th Aug 2019, 17:44
With the Wizz announcement at EDI, wonder if its further evidence of the suggested cull of the Ryanair base?

They seem quite committed to EDI IMO. PIK in bigger danger in Scotland I'd say of major losses with GLA already stripped back, i.e. aircraft/base closure as opposed to losing some marginal routes which I'd say are EDI's biggest vulnerability.

mart901
5th Aug 2019, 19:53
They seem quite committed to EDI IMO. PIK in bigger danger in Scotland I'd say of major losses with GLA already stripped back, i.e. aircraft/base closure as opposed to losing some marginal routes which I'd say are EDI's biggest vulnerability.
Read this and tell me FR are committed to EDI............. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49149151

inOban
5th Aug 2019, 20:45
Haven't they already effectively dumped GLA and EDI,?

ScotsSLF
5th Aug 2019, 20:57
Haven't they already effectively dumped GLA and EDI,?

They have dumped STN from GLA and will dump STN from EDI at the end of October. Can’t remember where the other GLA cuts are. What they do with PIK will be a interesting one given the fact that they have a major engineering base there with a third hanger at present being constructed. And then there’s the supposed sale of PIK. Time will tell.

KNT544
7th Aug 2019, 11:59
Hearing that internally FAO and ORK (and BFS?) crew have been advised of closure this morning.

ericlday
7th Aug 2019, 12:04
CRK ??? Clark International Airport...Hmmmm

22/04
7th Aug 2019, 12:06
CRK? = Manila Clark - do you mean ORK?

lurkio
7th Aug 2019, 12:18
On top of the potentially bad news for crews in the two bases affected come two pedantic @rseholes showing how clever they are.
Pathetic!

KNT544
7th Aug 2019, 12:18
Yes sorry ORK!

DC3 Dave
7th Aug 2019, 14:45
Hearing that internally FAO and CRK (and BFS?) crew have been advised of closure this morning.

Confirmation of FAO closure.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ryanair-portugal/ryanair-to-shut-faro-base-in-portugal-in-2020-union-idUKKCN1UX1ET?il=0

FRatSTN
7th Aug 2019, 16:14
Girona, Las Palmas and Tenerife-South bases also to close

toledoashley
7th Aug 2019, 16:30
Yes, although this is in Spanish! - https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/2019/08/07/companias/1565192655_518849.html

davidjohnson6
7th Aug 2019, 16:34
Girona airport must be cursing the day they let Ryanair through the door.. Before Ryanair flew to Barcelona and they labelled Girona and Reus as airports for Barcelona, Girona peaked at 5.5m pax in a year - in 2018 they managed 2m pax.

SWBKCB
7th Aug 2019, 16:43
Girona airport must be cursing the day they let Ryanair through the door.. Before Ryanair flew to Barcelona and they labelled Girona and Reus as airports for Barcelona, Girona peaked at 5.5m pax in a year - in 2018 they managed 2m pax.

How many were they getting before RYR moved in?

1sky
7th Aug 2019, 17:58
So so far we have:

Belfast
Faro (confirmed). 10 aircraft or so?

Still to be confirmed:
Cork
East Midlands downsizing
Las Palmas
Girona
Tenerife South

Edited to move the EMA downsizing to to be confirmed.

sinbad73
7th Aug 2019, 18:02
FR Pilots to strike

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-uk-pilots-announce-strike-dates-in-pay-dispute-11779358

Alteagod
7th Aug 2019, 18:14
Is BFS confirmed or move to BHD with no based aircraft?

FRatSTN
7th Aug 2019, 18:14
So so far we have:
Belfast
East Midlands downsizing
Faro (confirmed). 10 aircraft or so?

Still to be confirmed:
Cork
Las Palmas
Girona
Tenerife South

Where have you heard about EMA cuts?

Fly757X
7th Aug 2019, 18:27

There will be no move to BHD.

1sky
7th Aug 2019, 18:29
Where have you heard about EMA cuts?

A meeting is apparently planned with crew, along with meetings at some of the Spanish bases (TFS, LPA, GRO) in the coming days.

1sky
7th Aug 2019, 18:32

Belfast closing from 05/11 was confirmed at a meeting with crew yesterday. Staff told to apply to DUB/STN.

snn20
7th Aug 2019, 18:35
Any news on cork?

LGS6753
7th Aug 2019, 19:44
Will some of these base "closures" coincide with the expansion of Malta Air?

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Aug 2019, 13:37
Legal proceedings against departing COO filled in High Court. Reasons currently unonown.

mart901
8th Aug 2019, 19:20
Belfast closing from 05/11 was confirmed at a meeting with crew yesterday. Staff told to apply to DUB/STN.
How are the flights going to be crewed going forward? There are based aircraft flights still scheduled past that date.

1sky
9th Aug 2019, 19:55
Belfast: 05/11/2019
Faro: 05?/01/2020
Las Palmas: 08/01/2020
Tenerife South: 08/01/2020

Rumoured/still to be confirmed:
Cork
East Midlands downsizing
Girona

PDXCWL45
9th Aug 2019, 20:10
Belfast: 05/11/2019
Faro: 05?/01/2020
Las Palmas: 08/01/2020
Tenerife South: 08/01/2020

Rumoured/still to be confirmed:
Cork
East Midlands downsizing
Girona
Yet Cardiff to Tenerife is still onsale. So how are they going to operate it after January if they have no base there?

jdcg
9th Aug 2019, 21:32
FR Pilots to strike

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-uk-pilots-announce-strike-dates-in-pay-dispute-11779358

Any updates on this? I'm due to fly KBP to STN on the 23rd. Should I assume it's not going to happen? When are FR likely to allow us to swap flights?

jdcg
20th Aug 2019, 06:07
Any updates on this? I'm due to fly KBP to STN on the 23rd. Should I assume it's not going to happen? When are FR likely to allow us to swap flights?

Please - I've been abroad for a while now and would like to know if anyone has any clue as to whether this strike is going ahead? Are all Ryanair UK flights affected? Currently expecting to be stranded in Kiev with no flight back for days...

alm1
20th Aug 2019, 06:37
Please - I've been abroad for a while now and would like to know if anyone has any clue as to whether this strike is going ahead? Are all Ryanair UK flights affected? Currently expecting to be stranded in Kiev with no flight back for days...

If Ryanair cancels and offers new flight several days in the future just buy any other ticket and submit claim to them to have your money back.

BigFrank
20th Aug 2019, 15:50
If Ryanair cancels and offers new flight several days in the future just (0) buy any other ticket and (i) submit claim to them (ii) to have your money back.
0) Easy-peasey Japaneeesy.
i) Ditto
ii) Errrrrr........

Tom!
21st Aug 2019, 16:37
4 New Routes, 170,000 Customers P.A. At Tbilisi & KutaisiRyanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (21 August) announced its first ever flights from Georgia, the 39th country in the Ryanair network, with a new route from Tbilisi to Milan Bergamo and two new routes from Kutaisi to Bologna and Marseille, which start in November as part of Ryanair’s Winter 2019 schedule. Ryanair will also connect Tbilisi to Cologne in April as part of Ryanair’s Summer 2020 schedule and deliver 170,000 customers annually to/from Ryanair’s Georgian airports.

racedo
21st Aug 2019, 17:07
4 New Routes, 170,000 Customers P.A. At Tbilisi & KutaisiRyanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (21 August) announced its first ever flights from Georgia, the 39th country in the Ryanair network, with a new route from Tbilisi to Milan Bergamo and two new routes from Kutaisi to Bologna and Marseille, which start in November as part of Ryanair’s Winter 2019 schedule. Ryanair will also connect Tbilisi to Cologne in April as part of Ryanair’s Summer 2020 schedule and deliver 170,000 customers annually to/from Ryanair’s Georgian airports.

Interesting one as Wizzair at KUT and bus route to Tblisi from there is very very busy.

LGS6753
21st Aug 2019, 18:47
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/aug/21/ryanair-makes-high-court-attempt-to-stop-pilot-strikes

Ryanair loses court battle to stop strikes. Strike to have no effect on passengers, says airline.

airsound
23rd Aug 2019, 13:02
Huffpost says
Ryanair Named UK's Worst Brand For Customer Service
Ryanair has been rated the worst firm for customer service out of 100 British brands according to new Which research. The consumer watchdog asked 4,000 members to rank the worst brands, with the budget airline coming out on top due to unhelpful staff and bad handling of customer complaints.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ryanair-named-uks-worst-brand-for-customer-service_uk_5d5d5276e4b03b44f4159ed1?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage&ncid=newsletter-ukUKDailyBrief23082019&utm_campaign=newsletter-UKDailyBrief23082019

Or go directly to Which if you're a subscriber.

airsound

MARKEYD
23rd Aug 2019, 13:35
Sorry but I wouldn’t get to alarmed by the results

1 ) Which Magazine that had 4000 grumbly old “ Victor Meldrews “ read and comment on

2 ) That 4000 readers also read the Daily Mail and hate anything English

3 ) Average age 78

sixchannel
23rd Aug 2019, 13:40
Sorry but I wouldn’t get to alarmed by the results

1 ) Which Magazine that had 4000 grumbly old “ Victor Meldrews “ read and comment on

2 ) That 4000 readers also read the Daily Mail and hate anything English

3 ) Average age 78
Leary wouldnt care anyway. Only the bottom line interests him.

paully
23rd Aug 2019, 18:05
Being slated by Which?, O`Leary would regard as little more than free publicity..

G-FORZ
23rd Aug 2019, 18:37
They provide a reliable regular bus service, not a luxury coach once a week - which and its readers need to get real.

racedo
23rd Aug 2019, 18:56
Huffpost says

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ryanair-named-uks-worst-brand-for-customer-service_uk_5d5d5276e4b03b44f4159ed1?utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage&ncid=newsletter-ukUKDailyBrief23082019&utm_campaign=newsletter-UKDailyBrief23082019

Or go directly to Which if you're a subscriber.

airsound

Which? has in excess of 1.5 million members and 4000 replied.

It hasn't got any credibility in its surveys and hasn't had for decades and uses press releases as yet another method of adding on subscribers. Unlike other surveys there is no proof of a single person answering the survey 1.) they have ever flown Ryanair 2.) involved in contacting Ryanair customer services.

Yet UK media quote them as Gospel.

Lon12
23rd Aug 2019, 21:13
Ryanair confirms that will close 4 bases in Spain next January.

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/08/24/519501/ryanair-to-shut-four-spanish-base-next-year-union/

FlyboyUK
24th Aug 2019, 07:29
One can’t help but wonder how quickly will those airports become new bases for other airlines in the group that are on a lower cost base?

daz211
24th Aug 2019, 12:19
Personally I think it’s a mix of the Jet2 effect and the Max aircraft issues.

2Para
24th Aug 2019, 14:25
One can’t help but wonder how quickly will those airports become new bases for other airlines in the group that are on a lower cost base?
lower lower cost than ryanair?

inOban
24th Aug 2019, 14:46
I suspect that now their staff are on proper contracts and therefore more expensive than casual labour, that their cost base is much the same as their competitors. How does Wizz pay its staff?

racedo
24th Aug 2019, 16:43

Nope

More of a contant willingness to review what they are doing, what is working, what is not, what needs to change quickly and slowly and doing it. No resting on Laurels but getting better all the time and not being wedded to history.

In addition there are 4 people seeking MOL's job in 2022.

ssflyer
24th Aug 2019, 16:59

Definitely
FR was my only real LCC choice for years out of BHX/EMA.
Maybe 30+ flights but now I have now stopped using them completely.
Jet2 beats them into a cocked hat.Price,their own,not Agency staff, aircraft, timings -the lot
SSF

daz211
24th Aug 2019, 17:53
Nope

More of a contant willingness to review what they are doing, what is working, what is not, what needs to change quickly and slowly and doing it. No resting on Laurels but getting better all the time and not being wedded to history.

In addition there are 4 people seeking MOL's job in 2022.

Thats my point, Jet2 have given people a choice and they are all over the canaries, hence making Ryanair review what is not working “for them” the Jet2 effect.

PDXCWL45
24th Aug 2019, 18:56
Thats my point, Jet2 have given people a choice and they are all over the canaries, hence making Ryanair review what is not working “for them” the Jet2 effect.
except that the UK isn't Ryanairs only market they fly from all over western Europe to the canaries.

daz211
24th Aug 2019, 19:24
I’m aware of the route network, however the UK holiday market especially in the south East is / was massive to Ryanair, in the past few years Jet2 has stomped all over Ryanair on almost all holiday routes and it doesn’t look like they have any intention of slowing down anytime soon.

mik3bravo
24th Aug 2019, 19:40
Being slated by Which?, O`Leary would regard as little more than free publicity..
Best free advertising! Profit is king.

PDXCWL45
24th Aug 2019, 19:58
I’m aware of the route network, however the UK holiday market especially in the south East is / was massive to Ryanair, in the past few years Jet2 has stomped all over Ryanair on almost all holiday routes and it doesn’t look like they have any intention of slowing down anytime soon.

But the difference is though that Jet2 focus more on the package side of the business now while Ryanair are more flight only. Jet2 seems to be effecting TUI and TCX more than Ryanair. Has there been any big cuts to the holiday market's from Ryanair from the South east?

racedo
25th Aug 2019, 11:42

Not in the slightest. Jet2 after a different market segment and it is a UK centric brand that people know zero about in Europe.

In 2018 Jet2 fly 12 million people, in Juy 2019 Ryanair flew 14.8 million.

caaardiff
25th Aug 2019, 14:08

What routes does FR operate with aircraft based in the Canaries to the UK where there's an overlap with Jet2. I would've thought any Canaries routes from STN/LTN would be operated by aircraft based in the UK, which is then irrelevant to the closure of the Canaries bases.

NorthEasterner
25th Aug 2019, 15:01
What routes does FR operate with aircraft based in the Canaries to the UK where there's an overlap with Jet2. I would've thought any Canaries routes from STN/LTN would be operated by aircraft based in the UK, which is then irrelevant to the closure of the Canaries bases.

Newcastle is one of them and no doubt some other regional UK airports such as Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, East Midlands etc. Any base closure for destination from NCL is likely to have the route dropped unless a base is opened or an aircraft on a W sector.

yeo valley
25th Aug 2019, 16:29
Do Ryanair do any W sectors now.

LBIA
25th Aug 2019, 17:26
Do Ryanair do any W sectors now.

Yeap LBA based aircraft dose LBA-IBZ-MPL-IBZ-LBA ever Thursday and Sunday afternoon this summer.

eu01
25th Aug 2019, 18:10
Yeap LBA based aircraft does LBA-IBZ-MPL-IBZ-LBA every Thursday and Sunday afternoon this summer.
Rather unlikely next summer. British based aircraft won't be able to serve intra-EU flights while W-pattern LBA-IBZ-UK(any)-IBZ-LBA would be too long,

caaardiff
25th Aug 2019, 19:15
Having gone through FR's timetable for December for all TFS-UK flights, there will be 54 flights per week, split as 40 operated by aircraft based in the UK and 14 by aircraft based in TFS. They fly to 13 UK destinations from TFS;
5 Airports are operated solely by UK based aircraft (BOH/BRS/EDI/LBA/LTN)
6 Airports are operated by a mix of UK and TFS based aircraft (BHX/BFS/EMA/PIK/MAN/STN/)
2 Airports are operated solely by TFS based aircraft (CWL/NCL)

The Airports that have mixed based aircraft flying the route only have 1 or 2 flights per week from the TFS base. For example BHX has 4 flights per week, 3 by BHX aircraft and 1 by TFS. If there's no slack in the BHX based aircraft schedule, BHX could lose 1 flight per week, or another flight to make way for the TFS flight.
CWL (2 pw) and NCL (3 pw) stand to lose their flights, although various articles state that no routes will be lost. I can't see how they can operate W patterns on TFS without taxiing crews around and putting them up in hotels, which I can't imagine FR paying for!
Would a DUB-CWL-TFS-CWL-DUB be within crew hours?
Could a random routing using 2 aircraft work; Aircraft 1) DUB-CWL-TFS-DUB & Aircraft 2) DUB-TFS-CWL-DUB, also giving CWL a DUB flight a few times a week.

OltonPete
25th Aug 2019, 19:45
Having gone through FR's timetable for December for all TFS-UK flights, there will be 54 flights per week, split as 40 operated by aircraft based in the UK and 14 by aircraft based in TFS. They fly to 13 UK destinations from TFS;
5 Airports are operated solely by UK based aircraft (BOH/BRS/EDI/LBA/LTN)
6 Airports are operated by a mix of UK and TFS based aircraft (BHX/BFS/EMA/PIK/MAN/STN/)
2 Airports are operated solely by TFS based aircraft (CWL/NCL)

The Airports that have mixed based aircraft flying the route only have 1 or 2 flights per week from the TFS base. For example BHX has 4 flights per week, 3 by BHX aircraft and 1 by TFS. If there's no slack in the BHX based aircraft schedule, BHX could lose 1 flight per week, or another flight to make way for the TFS flight.
CWL (2 pw) and NCL (3 pw) stand to lose their flights, although various articles state that no routes will be lost. I can't see how they can operate W patterns on TFS without taxiing crews around and putting them up in hotels, which I can't imagine FR paying for!
Would a DUB-CWL-TFS-CWL-DUB be within crew hours?
Could a random routing using 2 aircraft work; Aircraft 1) DUB-CWL-TFS-DUB & Aircraft 2) DUB-TFS-CWL-DUB, also giving CWL a DUB flight a few times a week.

BHX has a spare operational aircraft on a Tuesday only (the 4th based often stays all winter operating at Christmas) and hopefully the Monday away based TFS flight will move to Tuesday. However BHX also served 3 times a week by a Faro based aircraft and once by an Arrecife based aircraft which can't be incorporated into the BHX schedule without the 4th aircraft operating.

I assume there is a 90 day consultation period for the base closures, which then actually allow for flights still to be sold in the short-term even if some are unlikely to operate such as CWL and NCL - TFS (unless of course they open new UK bases). Although I am not sure what the percentage rate is of over-turning a decision during the 90-day consultation period but I bet it is low.

Pete

eye2eye5
25th Aug 2019, 21:45
I think you forgot LPL, Caaardiff.

caaardiff
26th Aug 2019, 08:41
I think you forgot LPL, Caaardiff.

Yes I did, thanks. LPL has 1 weekly flight that's operated by TFS based aircraft.

Jamesair
26th Aug 2019, 08:57
NEWCASTLE will have the same problem if/when the Gerona base closes

commit aviation
26th Aug 2019, 14:09
Rather unlikely next summer. British based aircraft won't be able to serve intra-EU flights while W-pattern LBA-IBZ-UK(any)-IBZ-LBA would be too long,

Depends surely on the registration of the aircraft. Any registered within the EU can operate into the UK subject to the appropriate agreements being in place. So for example an EI registered Ryanair aircraft could operate LBA - IBZ and then still be perfectly ok to operate IBZ MPL IBZ as Ireland is still within the EU.
It can then return IBZ LBA.
Only issue would be intra-UK routes (STN - EDI for instance) if the appropriate freedoms were not approved.
I think the only UK registered aircraft is G-RUKA and that potentially couldn't operate the IBZ MPL IBZ or any other intra EU routes if no agreements were in place post Brexit.

That's my understanding anyway but happy to be corrected if others know different!

Cyrano
26th Aug 2019, 15:56
Depends surely on the registration of the aircraft. Any registered within the EU can operate into the UK subject to the appropriate agreements being in place. So for example an EI registered Ryanair aircraft could operate LBA - IBZ and then still be perfectly ok to operate IBZ MPL IBZ as Ireland is still within the EU.
It can then return IBZ LBA.
Only issue would be intra-UK routes (STN - EDI for instance) if the appropriate freedoms were not approved.
I think the only UK registered aircraft is G-RUKA and that potentially couldn't operate the IBZ MPL IBZ or any other intra EU routes if no agreements were in place post Brexit.

That's my understanding anyway but happy to be corrected if others know different!

Close but not quite. It's the nationality of the operator which is the main factor (in other words, what country has granted its AOC). So Ryanair UK will be able to operate UK domestic and (we assume) UK-EU. If it wants to lease in EI- registered aircraft to do so, that shouldn't be a problem (subject to agreement between UK CAA and EASA).

Flightrider
26th Aug 2019, 15:57
Commit - your understanding is exactly right. As EI- registered aircraft, Ryanair would have rights to continue flying as it does today. The only constraints would be on use of an EI- registered aircraft on UK>non EU services or use of the G-reg aircraft on intra-EU services assuming in both cases that no Brexit deal is reached.

LGS6753
27th Aug 2019, 07:38
The EU has already announced its "no-deal" position, which will essentially allow the current regime to continue for a limited period. It's one of a series of "mini-deals" that certain politicians deny exist.

CCFAIRPORT
27th Aug 2019, 08:01
Yeap LBA based aircraft dose LBA-IBZ-MPL-IBZ-LBA ever Thursday and Sunday afternoon this summer.

I allow myself it's MRS and not MPL :)

ATNotts
28th Aug 2019, 07:04
The EU has already announced its "no-deal" position, which will essentially allow the current regime to continue for a limited period. It's one of a series of "mini-deals" that certain politicians deny exist.

Fair enough, but that is a very short term agreement, in the medium to longer term the situation is essentially as described by others. Corporate decisions will have to be made, and that will depend, to a great extent on the damage, if any, that is done as a result of a disorderly UK exit from the EU.

davidjohnson6
28th Aug 2019, 22:40
When will spring 2020 be put on sale in full ? I can see a number of routes that are on sale only up to late October 2019 - amd wondering whether these are going to end later this year, or if they will resume at the start of April next year...

Bengt
29th Aug 2019, 07:14
When will spring 2020 be put on sale in full ? I can see a number of routes that are on sale only up to late October 2019 - amd wondering whether these are going to end later this year, or if they will resume at the start of April next year...
Also waiting for the summer schedule of 2020. From Stockholm Skavsta several routes are loaded (Stansted, Alicante, Malaga, Bergamo, Brussels etc.) but many are not (including Barcelona).

caaardiff
30th Aug 2019, 09:29
TFS-NCL & TFS-CWL have been taken off sale, with the last flights on 5th Jan & 6th Jan respectively.

CCFAIRPORT
30th Aug 2019, 10:45
TFS-NCL & TFS-CWL have been taken off sale, with the last flights on 5th Jan & 6th Jan respectively.

As well as :

Beauvais
Belfast
Bergamo
Cologne
Copenhagen
Eindhoven
Knock
Liverpool
Milan-Malpensa
Porto
Santander
Santiago-Comp.
Treviso
Valencia
Vitoria
and Wroclaw (announced few months ago)

CCFAIRPORT
30th Aug 2019, 11:03
From LPA few routes have been taken off sales such as

Bologna
Charleroi
Eindhoven
Glasgow-Prestwick
Hamburg
Krakow
Leeds-LBA
Liverpool
Oslo-Torp
Santander
Stockholm-Skvasta
Treviso

I am not sure for 3 routes LBA LPL and PIK ! routes were mentionned as year around but disappeared after October 2019 ! so if someone knows ! I do apologize in adavance if it's a mistake !

lfc84
30th Aug 2019, 11:09
I guess this is related to the TFS base closure so there's an associated rejig of schedules

I'm sure i read TFS base is closing

CCFAIRPORT
30th Aug 2019, 11:21
And from ACE only 5 routes (for the moment) are impacted

Berlin-SXF
Knock
Newcastle
rome-FCO
Valencia

aceplanes
30th Aug 2019, 11:41
Just been checking ACE, seems to have come off light at present compared with TFS and LPA although NOC will really be missed, notice BFS still on sale, weekly on a Sat after Jan so if its going to operate will be interesting to see how, with no base at ACE or BFS?

CCFAIRPORT
30th Aug 2019, 12:23
This winter GRO base will be running with 1A/C (since few years now) and 7 routes

Alghero (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Bremen (Wed,Sun)
Eindhoven (Wed,Thu,Sat,Sun)
Karlsruhe (Thu,Sun)
Krakow (Tue, Sat with Krk plane)
Pisa (Mon,Wed,Thu with Psa plane,Fri,Sat,Sun with Psa plane)
rabat (Mon,Fri)

No departure on monday and friday during the morning!
On Tuesday only 2 flights with the rotation AHO-KrK departure 1200L and back at 2110L

GAZMO
30th Aug 2019, 13:54
Looks like BFS is operating winter with one based aircraft, unless they decide otherwise
ACE. Saturday
ALC Monday Wednesday Friday
AGP Thursday Saturday Sunday
Milan Wednesday Saturday
Berlin–Schönefeld Thursday Sunday
KRK Monday Friday Sunday (Sunday KRK based aircraft)
STN and MAN Friday and Sunday

Topcover
30th Aug 2019, 14:07
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0830/1071865-ryanair-appoints-eddie-wilson-as-ceo-of-airline/

2Para
30th Aug 2019, 19:44
Looks like BFS is operating winter with one based aircraft, unless they decide otherwise
ACE. Saturday
ALC Monday Wednesday Friday
AGP Thursday Saturday Sunday
Milan Wednesday Saturday
Berlin–Schönefeld Thursday Sunday
KRK Monday Friday Sunday (Sunday KRK based aircraft)
STN and MAN Friday and Sunday
5 nov the base is closing

GAZMO
30th Aug 2019, 21:12
Have you a source that BFS is closing as flights still on sale up to March 2020

Fly757X
30th Aug 2019, 22:41
Have you a source that BFS is closing as flights still on sale up to March 2020

Flights can still be operated to BFS from other bases that are not closing.

sealink
31st Aug 2019, 08:48
Where is it written that the base is closing?

caaardiff
31st Aug 2019, 10:32
5 nov the base is closing

That's within the 90 day consultation period, so must've have been confirmed by now if that's the case. Anything official been released?

CCFAIRPORT
31st Aug 2019, 13:35
2 based A/C for HHN this winter

Monday : 1st : BRI (0700-1150) / KIR-GAG (1240-2220)
2nd : CIA (1110-1525) / NDR (1620-2255)

Tuesday : 1st : PMO (0630-1130) / RAK (1505-2300)
2nd : VNO-CIA (0615-1600)

Wednesday : 1st : TFS (0705-1655)
2nd : BRI (0700-1150) / CIY (1745-2320)

Thursday : 1st : VNO-CIA (0615-1600) / PMO (1730-2230)
2nd : RAK (0700-1455) / KBP (1700-2305)

Friday : 1st : NDR (0650-1325) / CIA (1450-1905)
2nd : BRI (0700-1150) / KIR-CAG (1240-2220)

Saturday : 1st : PMO (0630-1130) / SKG (1220-1805)
2nd : VNO (0615-1115) / RAK (1210-2005)

Sunday : 1st : CIY (0700-1235) / KBP (1720-2325)
2nd : TFS (1340-2330)

Flights operating by others bases :

Monday : FES
Tuesday : SKG and PSR
Wednesday : SUF and CIA
Thursday : NAP
Friday : FES
Saturday : PSR and CIA
Sunday : SUF, NAP and CIA

Plane mad 134
31st Aug 2019, 14:46
Anyone know whats happening with the Edinburgh base?

MDS
31st Aug 2019, 15:58
Impressive holding yesterday on FR4539 between AGP and TTU. I believe it's RYR's shortest scheduled sector at only 88 nautical miles.

Typically a 20 minute flight, they went into a hold for over 2 hours before diverting to TNG!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/fr4539#21e6222a

CCFAIRPORT
31st Aug 2019, 16:34
OMG ! do you know the Reason ?

VickersVicount
31st Aug 2019, 18:35
Anyone know whats happening with the Edinburgh base?
In what respect?

Plane mad 134
31st Aug 2019, 21:10
In what respect?
like in terms of route closures and where based planes will be flying, I'm sure there is set to be 8 based this winter.

CCFAIRPORT
1st Sep 2019, 13:04
like in terms of route closures and where based planes will be flying, I'm sure there is set to be 8 based this winter.

WINTER SCHEDULED FOR A/C BASED AT EDI

Monday
A/C 1 : CPH-NTE (0620-1455) / CIA (1545-2230)
A/C 2 : SXF (0630-1105) / GDN (1155-1710)
A/C 3 : BCN (0630-1245) / WMI (1335-1900)
A/C 4 : TFS (0645-1645) / TLL (1735-2330)
A/C 5 : BUD (0645-1300) / DUB-CRL (1525-2230)
A/C 6 : BGY-LUX (0645-1655) / BLQ (1745-2335)
A/C 7 : LIS (0825-1540) / BGY (1630-2200)
A/C 8 : EIN (1725-2105)

Tuesday

A/C 1 : BCN (0630-1245)
A/C 2 : ALC (0715-1415)
A/C 3 : LDY (1130-1345)
A/C 4 : WRO (1400-1910)
A/C 5 : PRG (1435-1940)
A/C 6 : KUN (1505-2105)

Wednesday

A/C 1 : MLA (0650-1455)
A/C 2 : LUX-CRL (1350-2220)
A/C 3 : CIA (1435-2120)
A/C 4 : DUB (1525-1815)
A/C 5 : SOF (1615-2350)

Thursday

A/C 1 : SXF-LDY (0630-1345) / RIX (1445-2030)
A/C 2 : BCN (0630-1245) / HAM-CPH (1505-2340)
A/C 3 : ALC (0715-1415) / KTW (1725-2310)
A/C 4 : ACE (0655-1645) / BTS (1740-2335)
A/C 5 : TLS (1135-1645) / SDR (1740-2250)

Friday

A/C 1 : SXF (0600-1035) / GDN (1130-1645)
A/C 2 : BCN (0620-1235) / NTE-TSF (1325-2340)
A/C 3 : AGP (0625-1345) / EIN-HAM (1435-2245)
A/C 4 : CIA (0630-1315) / KRK (1405-2010)
A/C 5 : TFS (0640-1640) / BLQ (1745-2335)
A/C 6 : LUX-LDY (0650-1345) / BUD (1735-2350)
A/C 7 : ALC (0715-1415) / TLL (1505-2100)
A/C 8 : DUB-DUB (1525-2125)

Saturday

A/C 1: BGY (0620-1150) / TFS (1340-2340)
A/C 2 : AGP (0625-1345) / CIA (1530-2215)
A/C 3 : LPA (0630-1640)
A/C 4 : BCN (0630-1245) / ALC (1510-2210)
A/C 5 : MLA (0645-1450) / KUN (1715-2315)
A/C 6 : WRO-LDY (0650-1440) / KRK (1730-2335)
A/C 7 : CRL (0720-1110) / FUE (1245-2240)

Sunday

A/C 1: PRG (0625-1130) / TSF-CRL (1220-2230)
A/C 2 : BTS-LDY (0630-1505) / KTW (1600-2145)
A/C 3 : BCN (0630-1245) / SOF (1455-2230)
A/C 4 : SXF (0635-1110) / MRS-CPH (1300-2300)
A/C 5 : RIX (0640-1225) / BUD (1335-1950)
A/C 6 : SDR (0700-1210) / KRK (1335-1940)
A/C 7: ALC (0715-1415) / ALC (1505-2225)
A/C 8 : TFS (1200-2200)

So after an hard work here's the winter scheduled for EDI
Not sure about the combinaison of flights and the using of the A/C but i think you can have the big picture

Plane mad 134
1st Sep 2019, 14:14

Monday
A/C 3 : BCN (0630-1245) / WMI (1335-1900)
A/C 4 : TFS (0645-1645) / TLL (1735-2330)
A/C 5 : BUD (0645-1300) / DUB-CRL (1525-2230)
A/C 6 : BGY-LUX (0645-1655) / BLQ (1745-2335)
A/C 7 : LIS (0825-1540) / BGY (1630-2200)
A/C 8 : EIN (1725-2105)

Tuesday

A/C 1 : BCN (0630-1245)
A/C 2 : ALC (0715-1415)
A/C 3 : LDY (1130-1345)
A/C 4 : WRO (1400-1910)
A/C 5 : PRG (1435-1940)
A/C 6 : KUN (1505-2105)

Wednesday

A/C 1 : MLA (0650-1455)
A/C 2 : LUX-CRL (1350-2220)
A/C 3 : CIA (1435-2120)
A/C 4 : DUB (1525-1815)
A/C 5 : SOF (1615-2350)

Thursday

A/C 1 : SXF-LDY (0630-1345) / RIX (1445-2030)
A/C 2 : BCN (0630-1245) / HAM-CPH (1505-2340)
A/C 3 : ALC (0715-1415) / KTW (1725-2310)
A/C 4 : ACE (0655-1645) / BTS (1740-2335)
A/C 5 : TLS (1135-1645) / SDR (1740-2250)

Friday

A/C 1 : SXF (0600-1035) / GDN (1130-1645)
A/C 2 : BCN (0620-1235) / NTE-TSF (1325-2340)
A/C 3 : AGP (0625-1345) / EIN-HAM (1435-2245)
A/C 4 : CIA (0630-1315) / KRK (1405-2010)
A/C 5 : TFS (0640-1640) / BLQ (1745-2335)
A/C 6 : LUX-LDY (0650-1345) / BUD (1735-2350)
A/C 7 : ALC (0715-1415) / TLL (1505-2100)
A/C 8 : DUB-DUB (1525-2125)

Saturday

A/C 1: BGY (0620-1150) / TFS (1340-2340)
A/C 2 : AGP (0625-1345) / CIA (1530-2215)
A/C 3 : LPA (0630-1640)
A/C 4 : BCN (0630-1245) / ALC (1510-2210)
A/C 5 : MLA (0645-1450) / KUN (1715-2315)
A/C 6 : WRO-LDY (0650-1440) / KRK (1730-2335)
A/C 7 : CRL (0720-1110) / FUE (1245-2240)

Sunday

A/C 1: PRG (0625-1130) / TSF-CRL (1220-2230)
A/C 2 : BTS-LDY (0630-1505) / KTW (1600-2145)
A/C 3 : BCN (0630-1245) / SOF (1455-2230)
A/C 4 : SXF (0635-1110) / MRS-CPH (1300-2300)
A/C 5 : RIX (0640-1225) / BUD (1335-1950)
A/C 6 : SDR (0700-1210) / KRK (1335-1940)
A/C 7: ALC (0715-1415) / ALC (1505-2225)
A/C 8 : TFS (1200-2200)

So after an hard work here's the winter scheduled for EDI
Not sure about the combinaison of flights and the using of the A/C but i think you can have the big picture

Thank you for that appreciate it, will be a bit fuller though as Bucharest to be added 3x per week and Budapest will be daily this winter along with Warsaw becoming 5x weekly so yeah looking likely there will be 8 aircraft. Thanks again.

CCFAIRPORT
1st Sep 2019, 14:19
Thank you for that appreciate it, will be a bit fuller though as Bucharest to be added 3x per week and Budapest will be daily this winter along with Warsaw becoming 5x weekly so yeah looking likely there will be 8 aircraft. Thanks again.

you re welcome ! I checked every single day ! in fact I put only flights operated by EDI planes ! OTP will be done by OTP A/C , the remaining flights for BUD its done by BUD the same for WMI , POZ..........

Plane mad 134
1st Sep 2019, 15:39
you re welcome ! I checked every single day ! in fact I put only flights operated by EDI planes ! OTP will be done by OTP A/C , the remaining flights for BUD its done by BUD the same for WMI , POZ..........
Ah ok, must still be a few changes yet then as aircraft look quiet on certain days, Im expecting further changes soon then.

jensdad
1st Sep 2019, 17:05

Monday

Thanks for putting that together, CCF, really useful and interesting stuff. Just a quick question: what does the ''CPH-NTE (0620-1455)'' mean? W-pattern Edinburgh - Copenhagen - Nantes and back?

BasilFawlty
1st Sep 2019, 18:57
It means EDI-CPH-EDI-NTE-EDI.

alm1
4th Sep 2019, 18:56
Ryanair today canceled Faro-Bremen and maybe other Faro based flights after January 7. But Faro-Edinburgh still on sale with Faro based schedule.

jensdad
4th Sep 2019, 23:42
It means EDI-CPH-EDI-NTE-EDI.
Cheers Basil .

CCFAIRPORT
5th Sep 2019, 08:18
Edinburgh - Bydgoszcz

2pw

Opens March 2020

LGS6753
5th Sep 2019, 08:35
Seven additional days of strike action announced by BALPA for late September. It looks as though the previous strike action had little or no effect on pax.

CCFAIRPORT
5th Sep 2019, 09:13
WINTER 2019-2020 STOCKHOLM/SKAVSTA BASE

Monday :
A/C 1 : TGD (0630-1245) / SKG (1400-2045)
A/C 2 : KRK -NRN (0700-1540) / KBP (1630-2150)
A/C 3 : BVA (0730-1635) / STN (1800-2305)

Tuesday :
A/C 1 : ALC (0730-1555) /
A/C 2 : MLA (0755-1550) / NIS (1650-2245)
A/C 3 : POZ-BNX (0800-1715) / STN (1810-2315)

Wednesday :
A/C 1 : AGP (0655-1610) / BGY (1725-2300)
A/C 2 : BVA (0730-1635) / KBP (1745-2305)
A/C 3 : CRL-STN (1300-2315)

Thursday :
A/C 1: STN (0630-1135) / BCN (1550-2330)
A/C 2 : ALC (0730-1555) / BGY (1725-2300)
A/C 3 : STAND-BY

Friday :
A/C 1 : TGD (0630-1245) / KRK-KBP (1335-2325)
A/C 2 : BVA (0700-1210) / CRL-STN (1300-2315)
A/C 3 : SKG (0715-1400) / BGY (1725-2300)

Saturday :
A/C 1 : ALC (0730-1555) / NIS (1650-2245)
A/C 2 : BNX (0740-1305) / MLA (1455-2250)
A/C 3 : POZ-BGY (0745-1710) / STN (1800-2305)

Sunday :
A/C 1 : KRK (0650-1055) / CRL-STN (1300-2315)
A/C 2 : AGP (0655-1610) / BGY (1725-2300)
A/C 3 : BCN (15550-2330)

All GDN and WMI flights will be done by RYR SUN

LBIA
5th Sep 2019, 14:28
Ryanair has taken off sale 6+ routes from Leeds/Bradford and it looks like the base is being reduced from 3 to 2 based aircraft from end of October/Start of the Winter 2019/2020 schedule.

Routes Dropped
Vilnius = Last flight November 4th 2019
Faro = Last flight November 4th 2019
Fuerteventura = Last Flight November 5th 2019
Gran Canaria = Last flight October 31st 2019
Lanzarote = Last flight January 5th 2020
Murcia Corvera = Last flight October 29th 2019

Routes still operating
Dublin = Remains 13x weekly (2x daily Mon-Sat & 1x Sun)
Riga = Remains 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Malta Luqa = Remains 2x weekly (Wed & Sat)
Gdansk = Remains 3x weekly (Mon, Fri & Sun) Mon/Fri flights operated by Ryanairsun
Krakow = Remains 4x weekly (Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun) Tue flight operated by Ryanairsun
Warsaw Modlin = Remains 2x weekly (Thu & Sun)
Wroclaw = Remains 2x weekly (Mon & Fri) both flights operated by Ryanairsun
Bratislava = Remains 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
Alicante = Increased from 4x to 6x weekly (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sun) - Wed,Thu,Sun flights operated by Alicante based aircraft
Malaga = Decresed from 4x to 3x weekly (Mon, Wed & Fri)
Tenerife South = Remains 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat)

Severn
5th Sep 2019, 16:59
Comparing the schedules in November and in January;
FAO is 6x based in November and down to 3x based aircraft in January
TFS is 6x based in November and closes at the beginning of January
LPA is 4x based in November and closes at the beginning of January
ACE is 2x based in November and closes at the beginning of January

BFS seems to close at the beginning of November, however at the moment the timings of 1x AGP and 2x STN flights are showing as operated by a BFS based aircraft. I'm assuming this will change over the coming weeks rather than have 1x aircraft operate 3x flights a week!

BHX5DME
6th Sep 2019, 19:46
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/81334-ryanair-to-use-polish-subsidiary-for-canary-island-bases

pamann
6th Sep 2019, 20:04
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/81334-ryanair-to-use-polish-subsidiary-for-canary-island-bases

You need to be a subscriber, so if you’re like me, you can’t read it.

sixchannel
7th Sep 2019, 07:51
Neither can I.
Some kind of pre-Brexit strategy or simply even lower costs RYR??

caaardiff
7th Sep 2019, 08:34
Neither can I.
Some kind of pre-Brexit strategy or simply even lower costs RYR??
Can't see Brexit having anything to do with it as they are an Irish Airline, not British.
Likely to do with labour costs/terms.
Is anyone able to access the article and repost?

Lon12
7th Sep 2019, 09:32
I have the original one in Spanish

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.tourinews.es/noticias/ryanair-su-filial-polaca-buzz-mantendra-vuelos-canarias_4456516_102_amp.html

Ryanair said this week that it is completely false and they won’t fly with BUZZ in Cararias.

CCFAIRPORT
13th Sep 2019, 13:23
WINTER 2019-2020 DÜSSELDORF/WEEZE BASE

Monday :
A/C 1 : BRI (0700-1215) / RBA (1445-2200)
A/C 2 : ALC (0720-1320) / TLL (1745-2305)
A/C 3 : TNG (0730-1405) / STAND-BY

Tuesday :
A/C 1 : STAND-BY / AGP (1500-2140)
A/C 2 : STAND-BY / SKG (1540-2150)
A/C 3 : STAND-BY

Wednesday :
A/C 1 : NDR (0700-1345) / PMO (1715-2255)
A/C 2 : LWO (0710-1150) / RAK (1440-2245)
A/C 3 : OPO (0730-1310) / VLC (1700-2235)

Thursday :
A/C 1 : AGP (0650-1330) / FAO (1445-2120)
A/C 2 : STAND-BY / KBP (1600-2230)
A/C 3 : STAND-BY / ALC (1655-2255)

Friday :
A/C 1: LWO-NYO (0710-1625) / PMO (1725-2305)
A/C 2 : FUE (0725-1655) / TLL (1745-2305)
A/C 3 : STAND-BY / RBA (1610-2325)

Saturday :
A/C 1: NDR (0635-1320) / SKG (1530-2140)
A/C 2 : AGA (0720-1550) / OPO (1720-2300)
A/C 3 : TNG (0750-1425) / ALC (1655-2255)

Sunday :
A/C 1 : LWO (0800-1240) / RAK (1440-2245)
A/C 2 : AGP (0830-1510) / KBP (1600-2230)
A/C 3 : VLC (1005-1540) / PMO (1715-2255)

FES done 2pw by FES A/C
FAO 1pw
NYO 1pw

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Sep 2019, 20:35
Faro base to stay open (reduced from 3 to 2 aircraft) after an agreement with the airport and agreement of seasonal contracts with staff.

https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/09/18/ryanair-strikes-deal-with-ana-to-keep-faro-base-open/

2Para
19th Sep 2019, 08:12
Faro base to stay open (reduced from 3 to 2 aircraft) after an agreement with the airport and agreement of seasonal contracts with staff.

https://www.portugalresident.com/2019/09/18/ryanair-strikes-deal-with-ana-to-keep-faro-base-open/
so if this is the case its nothing to do with max delay issues and just to do with the wonga??

CCFAIRPORT
20th Sep 2019, 07:36
NEW ROUTE

Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN) to Nis (INI)

2pw begins 13 January 2020

LBIA
25th Sep 2019, 20:25
Just when you thought MOL and Ryanair couldn't slump any further downward they go and do this.

Ryanair has written to UK pilots based at Manchester, London Stansted and other UK airports urging them to take unpaid leave for up to 12 months, transfer to other bases abroad or they could otherwise join the 9,000 job losses at Thomas Cook.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/25/ryanair-urge-uk-pilots-to-transfer-overseas-or-face-job-losses

lfc84
25th Sep 2019, 21:48
Just when you thought MOL and Ryanair couldn't slump any further downward they go and do this.

Ryanair has written to UK pilots based at Manchester, London Stansted and other UK airports urging them to take unpaid leave for up to 12 months, transfer to other bases abroad or they could otherwise join the 9,000 job losses at Thomas Cook.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/25/ryanair-urge-uk-pilots-to-transfer-overseas-or-face-job-losses

I had recently started using them since I thought their employee relations was going to improve. Seemingly this is not the case so I'll take my money and my principles elsewhere

gilesdavies
26th Sep 2019, 21:46
Just asking out of curiosity, is anyone able to advise of the size of Ryanair's UK bases and how many aircraft are based at each of the airports?

EI-BUD
1st Oct 2019, 21:13
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7525841/Ryanair-boss-Michael-OLeary-says-Norwegian-Air-bust-package-holiday-model-screwed.html

What will the implication be from these claims?
Perhaps an attempt to deal with a successful competitor who Ryanair have failed to chase out of town (Jet2) and for Norwegian, how impactful are claims like this?

racedo
2nd Oct 2019, 18:48
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7525841/Ryanair-boss-Michael-OLeary-says-Norwegian-Air-bust-package-holiday-model-screwed.html

What will the implication be from these claims?
Perhaps an attempt to deal with a successful competitor who Ryanair have failed to chase out of town (Jet2) and for Norwegian, how impactful are claims like this?

Absolutely no impact if as people demand these airlines sue, they won't.

Correct in highlighting ineffectiveness of CAA, correct in highlighting the issues with Norwegian, he indicated 2 yrs ago that Norwegian was burning through cash, anazing the press caught up with that idea when Norwegian needed cash all of a sudden, correct in highlighting that shop model for holidays in dead, even TC has only 35% bought in store.

Elements in the press hate Ryanair, for decades it was fares too cheap so they dangerous as don't carry out maintenance (debunked by David Learmont), don't properly train their pilots, pilots on minimum wage, they are Irish so pilots are drunks etc etc.

In the industry Michael O'Leary is generally the "canary in the mine" who is first to highlight issues well in advance for other airlines, in many cases, as I have said here previously by doing it the agenda is changed and opens the door for others to publicly comment.

CCFAIRPORT
4th Oct 2019, 09:56
The new flight between MARSEILLE and TEL AVIV supposed to be the 29/10 will neveR staRt ! they Removed all flights fRom the booking system ! do you know why ?

Severn
4th Oct 2019, 22:42
BFS Base
Is anyone able to explain what's happening to the BFS base come November?
The current schedule from November onwards is showing timings that would require a BFS based aircraft to operate a AGP on a Thursday evening, STN on a Friday afternoon, and again on a Sunday evening, with all other flights operated from other bases.... Is the schedule going to change (even though we are so close to November) with these based flights changed to being operated from other bases, or will one aircraft still be based at BFS and only operate three times a week?

CCFAIRPORT
5th Oct 2019, 09:43
NEW ROUTE

Katowice to Alghero

2pw begins 02 June 2020

In total 4 flights pw between KTW and AHO ! 2 operated by Wizzair (Thu,Sun) and 2 by ryanair sun (Tue,Sat)

CCFAIRPORT
5th Oct 2019, 16:25
New route

Marseille - Alghero

2pw begins 03 April 2019

CCFAIRPORT
9th Oct 2019, 11:26
New route

Brussels- Charleroi to Nantes
4pw
Begins March 2020

CCFAIRPORT
10th Oct 2019, 11:40
New routes

Wroclaw - Cagliari
2pw
Begins 03 April 2020

Cagliari - Trieste
2pw
Begins 02 April 2020

pee
10th Oct 2019, 14:44
OK, let's than notice Ryanair's entrance to Helsinki-Vantaa from the start of Summer season. Daily flights from Vienna will be performed by Lauda. VIE will also be linked to another Finnish airport - guess what - "black horse" Lappeenranta, 2pw. Since the EU citizens can apply for free e-visas to St. Petersburg now, it will create great opportunities, I guess.

CCFAIRPORT
11th Oct 2019, 09:38
New routes

Toulouse-Palma
2pw Begins 03 April 2020

Zaragoza-Marrakesh
2pw Begins 01 April 2020

Malaga-Vitoria
3pw Begins April 2020

CCFAIRPORT
15th Oct 2019, 12:08
New route and new airport

Krakow to Kherson (Ukraine)
2pw
Begins 21 December 2019

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2019, 12:16
Sounds like Ryanair are still willing to take a chance on a few 'middle-of-nowhere' destinations...

waffler
15th Oct 2019, 12:57
You can be sure there is a large cheque from these middle of nowhere airports to ease the risk.

CCFAIRPORT
15th Oct 2019, 22:33
New route

Warsaw Modlin - Kharkiv
2pw
Begins 03 June 2020

alm1
16th Oct 2019, 07:51
New route

Warsaw Modlin - Kharkiv
2pw
Begins 03 June 2020

They have announced 19 new routes, you have now posted about 2 of them. Ryanair nowadays seem to add new routes to reservation systems with a delay, not at the time of announcement as they did in the past.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-launches-19-new-summer-routes-in-ukraine-for-summer-2020/?market=ua

AirportPlanner1
16th Oct 2019, 07:59
Sounds like Ryanair are still willing to take a chance on a few 'middle-of-nowhere' destinations...

Being unknown in the UK doesn’t make it ‘middle-of-nowhere’. The city has a population of 300k and its surrounding administrative area another 700k. The city of Mykolaiv with a population of about 400k is about an hour away. Evidently Turkish fly there so it must have something going for it.

jdcg
16th Oct 2019, 15:28
Most of the new Ukraine routes are for Ukrainians now working in Eastern Europe, especially Poland.
FR has also announced flights to Yerevan and Gyumri in Armenia.

boyzinblue
17th Oct 2019, 13:41
Ryanair will close their Hamburg base with two aircraft from January 2020 closing 7 routes and continuing to operate 14 routes. Base closure due to poor yields on certain routes.

CCFAIRPORT
17th Oct 2019, 22:05
New routes

Hahn to Agadir ( 2pw Begins 3 April 2020)
Hahn to Kefalonia (2pw Begins 2 May 2020)
Hahn to rijeka (1pw Begins 4 April 2020)
Hahn to Treviso (4pw resumes 1 April 2020)

LBIA
17th Oct 2019, 22:07
Due to the impending Ryanair base closures in Girona, Arrecife, Las Palmas and Tenerife.
432 Spanish based flight & cabin crew members have today been given there redundancy notice.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019/10/16/ryanair-confirms-432-redundancies-in-spain/

racedo
18th Oct 2019, 11:07
Most of the new Ukraine routes are for Ukrainians now working in Eastern Europe, especially Poland.
FR has also announced flights to Yerevan and Gyumri in Armenia.

There are currently between 2.5 to 3 million Ukranian people in Poland since 2014.

Many left because of what happened post Maidan and a desire by the Govt and paramilitaries to conscript people into their militias. Many people know the story about the last time there was men in Uniform doing forced military conscription and that was in 1941/42 by the Nazi's as anybody who knows Ukrainians living in UK from the period with testify to.

racedo
18th Oct 2019, 11:09

Not so as they know where the Ukrainians have settled in Poland.

Severn
31st Oct 2019, 07:14
Eye-opening! (taken from ch-aviation)

Buzz, the wholly-owned Polish subsidiary of Ryanair Holdings, is set to increase its role in the group as it prepares to take over a further two Central European bases and potentially personnel from closing Spanish bases.

Chief Executive Michał Kaczmarzyk told Polish aviation website Fly4Free that Buzz - which is in the process of rebranding from Ryanair Sun - will take over the operation of Ryanair bases at Prague Ruzyne and Sofia on November 1.

The Irish LCC currently has five B737-800s based out of Prague and three out of Sofia. According to the ch-aviation capacities module, it operates 150 and 89 weekly scheduled departures out of the two capitals, respectively.

As previously reported, Buzz will also take over the operation of Ryanair's Budapest base as of December 1, 2019. The Polish airline has a lower cost base than its Irish sister and is, therefore, able to more efficiently compete with Wizz Air. Buzz already operates all of Ryanair's bases in Poland; at Gdansk, Kraków, Poznan, Warsaw Modlin, and Wroclaw airports.

Separately, Spanish media have reported that Ryanair offered 432 staff members, currently employed at four bases in the country which are due to be closed in early 2020, voluntary relocation to Croatia, Poland, or the United Kingdom as an alternative to layoffs. Those who choose to move to Croatia would be employed by Malta Air, another subsidiary of Ryanair, staff in Poland would be hired by Buzz, while employees who move to the UK would work for Ryanair UK. In any case, affected employees would lose their seniority benefits and terms guaranteed under Spanish labour law, labour union USO (Unión Sindical Obrera) said in a statement quoted by El Pais daily.

Ryanair plans to close bases at Girona, Lanzarote, Tenerife Sur, and Las Palmas airports on January 8, 2020.

CCFAIRPORT
31st Oct 2019, 13:25
New Routes

London-SEN to Bergerac (3pw) 31/03/2020
London-SEN to Gerona (2pw) 01/04/2020
London-SEN to Marseille (2pw) 01/04/2020

LGS6753
31st Oct 2019, 13:59
Buzz aircraft (Polish-registered but Ryanair-liveried 737s) have operated the first two KRK-LTN services, but using an FR flight number. How far will Buzz go in separating itself from Ryanair - livery? - flight numbers? - website?

flyOU
31st Oct 2019, 17:03
Eye-opening! (taken from ch-aviation)

Buzz, the wholly-owned Polish subsidiary of Ryanair Holdings, is set to increase its role in the group as it prepares to take over a further two Central European bases and potentially personnel from closing Spanish bases.

Chief Executive Michał Kaczmarzyk told Polish aviation website Fly4Free that Buzz - which is in the process of rebranding from Ryanair Sun - will take over the operation of Ryanair bases at Prague Ruzyne and Sofia on November 1.

The Irish LCC currently has five B737-800s based out of Prague and three out of Sofia. According to the ch-aviation capacities module, it operates 150 and 89 weekly scheduled departures out of the two capitals, respectively.

As previously reported, Buzz will also take over the operation of Ryanair's Budapest base as of December 1, 2019. The Polish airline has a lower cost base than its Irish sister and is, therefore, able to more efficiently compete with Wizz Air. Buzz already operates all of Ryanair's bases in Poland; at Gdansk, Kraków, Poznan, Warsaw Modlin, and Wroclaw airports.

Separately, Spanish media have reported that Ryanair offered 432 staff members, currently employed at four bases in the country which are due to be closed in early 2020, voluntary relocation to Croatia, Poland, or the United Kingdom as an alternative to layoffs. Those who choose to move to Croatia would be employed by Malta Air, another subsidiary of Ryanair, staff in Poland would be hired by Buzz, while employees who move to the UK would work for Ryanair UK. In any case, affected employees would lose their seniority benefits and terms guaranteed under Spanish labour law, labour union USO (Unión Sindical Obrera) said in a statement quoted by El Pais daily.

Ryanair plans to close bases at Girona, Lanzarote, Tenerife Sur, and Las Palmas airports on January 8, 2020.

Does it mean Ryanair will re-open a base in Zadar or anywhere else in Croatia as Malta Air?*

CCFAIRPORT
2nd Nov 2019, 15:58
New route

Hahn to Banja-Luka ( 2pw Begins 3 February 2020)

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Nov 2019, 09:59
regarding the website for S20 in Girona , Eindhoven and Charleroi will be operating by A/C based at Girona ! 2 mornings departures ! are they going to change the scheduled ? or Girona will be again a base for summer season ?

MARKEYD
3rd Nov 2019, 12:35
So guessing then that Bournemouth could re appear on the route as 4 gaps still showing on the BOH timeline that would fit in ?

LGS6753
8th Nov 2019, 14:24
22 B738s have been re-registered in Malta to date. Will these all wear Malta Air colours, or will the harp remain?

CCFAIRPORT
14th Nov 2019, 08:01
NEW ROUTES

Bucharest OTP-Kavala 1pw (06/06/2020)
Gdansk-Zadar 3pw (31/03/2020)
Katowice-Burgas 2pw (01/06/2020)
Katowice-Kherson 2pw (15/01/2020)
Poznan-Pafos 1pw (01/04/2020)
Warsaw WMI-Pafos 1pw (02/04/2020)

flyOU
14th Nov 2019, 08:50
NEW ROUTES

Bucharest OTP-Kavala 1pw (06/06/2020)
Gdansk-Zadar 2pw (31/03/2020)
Katowice-Burgas 2pw (01/06/2020)
Poznan-Pafos 1pw (01/04/2020)
Warsaw WMI-Pafos 1pw (02/04/2020)

GDN-ZAD is 3pw

LGS6753
14th Nov 2019, 14:56
Kherson, in southern Ukraine, looks like a new destination for Ryanair.

CCFAIRPORT
18th Nov 2019, 12:53
New Route

Krakow to Podgorica

2pw Begins 23 FEB 2020

CCFAIRPORT
18th Nov 2019, 15:25
New route

Poznan to Podgorica

2pw Begins 30 March 2020.

SWBKCB
4th Dec 2019, 20:35
Flight - Ryanair axes bases as it trims Max fleet outlook again (https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ryanair-axes-bases-as-it-trims-max-fleet-outlook-aga-462680/)

It says it has revised its schedule to account for the absence of the aircraft, and says the delays to delivery will "necessitate" the closure of it bases in Nuremberg and Stockholm Skavsta in 2020. "We also expect to cut summer capacity in a number of other existing bases, and we are currently in discussions with our people, our unions, and our affected airports to finalise these minor reductions," says the carrier. Ryanair is trimming its passenger number outlook to 156 million for the year to 31 March 2021.

Skipness One Foxtrot
17th Dec 2019, 23:05
Hadn't realised the scale of the transfers away from mainline, especially given the lack of new MAX deliveries :

EI- 369 82%
SP- 32 7%
9H- 50 11%

18% of mainline has been "off-shored" which is way more than I had reckoned. Real pains as Ryanair really matures as a business, opportunities for real growth swapped for opportunities to cut costs further. #classicryanair

OpsSix
18th Dec 2019, 17:10
Hadn't realised the scale of the transfers away from mainline, especially given the lack of new MAX deliveries :

EI- 369 82%
SP- 32 7%
9H- 50 11%

18% of mainline has been "off-shored" which is way more than I had reckoned. Real pains as Ryanair really matures as a business, opportunities for real growth swapped for opportunities to cut costs further. #classicryanair

Plus 1x 'G'... in the form of G-RUKA.

Cazza_fly
19th Dec 2019, 10:58
Plus 1x 'G'... in the form of G-RUKA.

Although this technically operates under the same way as the EI- Ryanair with the same crews under the same conditions.

Bournemouthair
30th Dec 2019, 08:44
Ryanair Buzz New Colours

Just a spotter
3rd Jan 2020, 07:51
According to RTÉ (3rd Jan 2020), in an interview with Wirtschaftswoche, MO'L has said he doesn't expect to receive any 737 MAX aircraft before October 2020.

"We were meant to have 58 planes by the summer," Mr O'Leary said in the interview, extracts from which were published today. "That went down to 30, then 20, then ten*and the latest is maybe only five. It's possible we'll only get the first jets in October 2020."

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0103/1104099-ryanair-boeing/

JAS

boyzinblue
14th Jan 2020, 08:51
I see Dublin to Munich is not bookable for the summer. Leaving the route to AerLingus and Lufthansa.

LGS6753
26th Jan 2020, 19:32
Over 100 aircraft have now been transferred to Malta Air and Buzz.

Vendee
27th Jan 2020, 14:40
Does anyone know if Ryanair is still flying the Stansted- Dusseldorf Weeze route these days? I suspect not. Thanks.

bar none
27th Jan 2020, 17:00
Why not look at the timetable?

Vendee
27th Jan 2020, 17:13
Why not look at the timetable?

I did. There was none but I didn't know if perhaps the flights for a summer season hadn't been loaded yet.

Alsacienne
27th Jan 2020, 20:18
........... and nothing so far for STN-SXB or STN-BSL. Have they been completely cut?

LGS6753
3rd Feb 2020, 12:34
From 'Travel Mole':Ryanair expects further MAX delivery delayshttp://admin.travelmole.com/images/stories/2009/images/Max-Gamechanger%20(2).jpg

Ryanair is not expecting to receive its first Boeing MAX aircraft delivery until September or October, rather than this spring. MAX aircraft were grounded worldwide following two fatal crashes. Boeing has been working on fixing a faulty anti-stall system but has not given a date for the MAX to be reintroduced. Ryanair says the new requirement for MAX simulator training will also slow down the delivery of backlogged aircraft and new deliveries.

"But we believe that these 'gamechanger' aircraft - with 4% more seats, burn 16% less fuel - when delivered, will transform our cost base and our business for the next decade," it said today, as it reported its third quarter results. "Due to these delivery delays, we won't see any of these cost savings until late in the 2021 financial year. As a direct result of these delivery delays, we plan to extend our 200 million a year passenger target by at least one or two years to 2025 or 2026."

But on a more positive note, Ryanair said strong Christmas and New Year bookings have helped it swing back into profit in the third quarter. It reported a profit of €88 million compared to a €66 million loss in the same quarter last year. Traffic grew 6% to 36 million passengers and revenue per passenger rose 13%.

It said forward bookings for the fourth quarter are 1% ahead. As a result, Ryanair's full-year profit after tax guidance has risen to a range of €0.95 billion to €1.05 billion.

vikingivesterled
3rd Feb 2020, 13:44
MOL betting the whole company on the Max scare will quickly fade with hope of deeply discounted ExMax price:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-737max-orders/ryanair-makes-boeing-offer-for-new-max-order-idUSKBN1ZX1H9
It worked in 2001, maybe it will work again. But this time Boeing isn't short of orders, just the ability to deliver them.

That will be 3 different sizes of aircraft to manage and sell for. There is no way they will treat them as one ac type and either oversell or undersell the seats.
It is time for Ryanair to get somebody representing ops (operations/flightcrew/engineering) in among the Z's again.

WHBM
3rd Feb 2020, 14:54
There's no reason for Boeing to reprice the current order, which for 210 aircraft will take several years to deliver. There is an oligopoly of just two aircraft in this range, Ryanair already have an order in with Boeing at an agreed price, Airbus is sold out for the foreseeable future, and neither are minded to offer any bargains. Sure there is compensation for late delivery of the Max, but that's a separate matter.

KelvinD
5th Feb 2020, 07:08
Ryanair have been censured by the UK's advertising watchdog for claiming to be "the lowest CO2 emissions airline" and sundry other "we are the greenest" claims. The silly thing about this advertising campaign was Ryanair's claim that they were able to achieve low emissions by using the latest aircraft with the most modern engines. But they don't have any A320/321 NEOs in their fleet do they? Surely, they weren't referring to the non-flying Max fleet?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51372780

Skipness One Foxtrot
5th Feb 2020, 09:46
The BOEING 737-MAX is the greenest of airliners since the Comet 1s in 1953, the DC10 in 1979 or the BOEING B787 in 2012
Really!

Vendee
5th Feb 2020, 12:51
The BOEING 737-MAX is the greenest of airliners since the Comet 1s in 1953, the DC10 in 1979 or the BOEING B787 in 2012
Really!

It sure is at the moment. It ain't causing any environmental damage right now.

CCFAIRPORT
6th Feb 2020, 08:07
New route

rodez-Manchester
2pw
Begins June 2020

daz211
13th Feb 2020, 09:34
Ryanair intends to make an offer for Air Italy during a press conference to be held on 13 February 2020 in Milan.

boyo975
13th Feb 2020, 09:44
New route

rodez-Manchester
2pw
Begins June 2020

Didn’t MOL day there’d be no expansion in the UK because of Brexit?

What is Ryanair’s biggest market? UK must be fairly close to the top.

fernlee
13th Feb 2020, 10:20
Didn’t MOL day there’d be no expansion in the UK because of Brexit?

What is Ryanair’s biggest market? UK must be fairly close to the top.

UK I’d say...

fanrailuk
13th Feb 2020, 10:39
Ryanair intends to make an offer for Air Italy during a press conference to be held on 13 February 2020 in Milan.

Ryanair has no interest in buying Air Italy: CCO (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-air-italy-m-a-ryanair-hldgs-idUSKBN2071E5)

daz211
13th Feb 2020, 10:55
Ryanair has no interest in buying Air Italy: CCO (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-air-italy-m-a-ryanair-hldgs-idUSKBN2071E5)
Maybe the press running awY with a story :rolleyes:.
However, I don’t think Ryanair has said, its not interested in it’s Aircraft.

VickersVicount
13th Feb 2020, 18:21
Are Valencia and Alghero the only FR bases that closed and then reopened again at a later date? Were Rygge and Zadar maybe some others.

tibbs87
23rd Feb 2020, 12:57
Has O'Leary stepped too far this time & what will be the consequences for Ryanair?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8030831/Terrorists-generally-Muslim-men-says-Ryanair-boss.html

SARF
23rd Feb 2020, 14:49
More free publicity and more passengers probably

LFC22
23rd Feb 2020, 19:56
Has O'Leary stepped too far this time & what will be the consequences for Ryanair?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8030831/Terrorists-generally-Muslim-men-says-Ryanair-boss.html
He's a nasty piece of work and his airline is garbage.

Lord Gumboil Jnr.
23rd Feb 2020, 20:24
Before anybody starts critisising Michael O'Leary for having the courage to point out what is in effect an unavoidable truth, they should be directing their disgust at those who have carried out more than 36,448 terrorist attacks in the name of Islam since 9/11. The western world ignores these daily atrocities at its peril.

_aax1
23rd Feb 2020, 20:25
More free publicity and more passengers probably

Not true, Ryanair doesn't need the (bad) publicity anymore - everyone has heard of them and their low fare offering. This will be the end for MOL as the public face of Ryanair.

LTNman
23rd Feb 2020, 21:24
No fan of Ryanair but he was just speaking the truth, which is why some people don’t like it.

vikingivesterled
23rd Feb 2020, 21:48
Not true, Ryanair doesn't need the (bad) publicity anymore - everyone has heard of them and their low fare offering. This will be the end for MOL as the public face of Ryanair.

And replace him with the "new" Ryanair CEO Eddie Wilson ? I don't think so.
And their CMO has handed in his notice.

What is there of other alternatives for a new single public face of Ryanair?

racedo
24th Feb 2020, 21:30

None

If people read the article rather than the snippets then he is saying focus on those who commit acts.

SARF
24th Feb 2020, 21:42
Probably not. I don't think anyone cares and he isn't telling porkies

A340600MAN
28th Feb 2020, 16:27
Does anyone know yet when we are going to get one of the existing Ryanair aircraft painted into Malta Air or Buzz (Ryanair Sun) colour schemes? Anything in the paintshop yet or is there a timetable for when they go in.

MANFAN
28th Feb 2020, 20:45
Does anyone know yet when we are going to get one of the existing Ryanair aircraft painted into Malta Air or Buzz (Ryanair Sun) colour schemes? Anything in the paintshop yet or is there a timetable for when they go in.

I’ve sent at least 1 Buzz aircraft in the new white and yellow scheme, on twitter but don’t know the location.
Malta air nothing yet as far as I have heard. The Maltese reg aircraft are all over Europe at the moment given the aircraft shortage

simoncorbett
28th Feb 2020, 21:19
I’ve sent at least 1 Buzz aircraft in the new white and yellow scheme, on twitter but don’t know the location.
Malta air nothing yet as far as I have heard. The Maltese reg aircraft are all over Europe at the moment given the aircraft shortage

I think the 1 buzz painted aircraft is a Max that obviously hasn’t been delivered..... yet

toledoashley
29th Feb 2020, 06:54
Ryanair group have said that existing aircraft won’t be repainted to their respective AOC airline. Only new aircraft will be.

MANFAN
29th Feb 2020, 07:49
Are the (3??) aircraft that went to Victorville for pickle fork replacement back in service now?

daz211
29th Feb 2020, 10:09
So far only the MAX, has the Buzz livery, as far as I know, no Aircraft are painted as Air Malta, as yet.

racedo
3rd Mar 2020, 11:04
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/ryanair-cannot-rule-out-layouts-as-bookings-drop-on-back-of-coronavirus-fears-39009643.html

Ryanair announce layoffs likely because of downturn.

Expressflight
3rd Mar 2020, 11:17
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/ryanair-cannot-rule-out-layouts-as-bookings-drop-on-back-of-coronavirus-fears-39009643.html

Ryanair announce layoffs likely because of downturn.

The statement actually says it "cannot rule out layoffs" not that they are likely.

flyerguy
3rd Mar 2020, 12:42
MOL currently live on Sky News just said Airbus asked them if they would take aircraft before 2025 ..... sound like there talking to Airbus.... guessing this is for Lauda

racedo
3rd Mar 2020, 17:06
The statement actually says it "cannot rule out layoffs" not that they are likely.

No layoffs mean there will be none.
Cannot rule it out reads there will be layoffs but we have to use middle of the road language to avoid panic and upsetting people more.

racedo
3rd Mar 2020, 17:08
MOL currently live on Sky News just said Airbus asked them if they would take aircraft before 2025 ..... sound like there talking to Airbus.... guessing this is for Lauda

2001 revisited per chance. Airbus would love nothing better than a big order from Ryanair. Lauda is separate as always had Airbus but rest of fleet is a biggie.

fanrailuk
4th Mar 2020, 17:13
Amongst all the coronavirus chaos, it looks like most W20/21 routes have now been put on sale.

Skipness One Foxtrot
4th Mar 2020, 18:06
Ryanair group have said that existing aircraft won’t be repainted to their respective AOC airline. Only new aircraft will be.
That’s interesting! It’s all just Ryanair doing a Norwegian with multiple AOCs.

racedo
4th Mar 2020, 18:56
That’s interesting! It’s all just Ryanair doing a Norwegian with multiple AOCs.

Nope

More like do you care what aircraft looks like outside when you travelling from A to B because airline has zero intentions of spending €€€€€ to repaint it when it doesn't need it.

Marketing will hate it because Marketing likes to spend money, even it has no payback return then will use touch feely phrases to justify it.

If spending €100,000 repainting aircraft saved £1k per flight sector then yup it would be done.

daz211
4th Mar 2020, 19:15
Nope

More like do you care what aircraft looks like outside when you travelling from A to B because airline has zero intentions of spending €€€€€ to repaint it when it doesn't need it.

Marketing will hate it because Marketing likes to spend money, even it has no payback return then will use touch feely phrases to justify it.

If spending €100,000 repainting aircraft saved £1k per flight sector then yup it would be done.
If that was correct, all Ryanair Aircraft would be factor white, advertising is advertising, if someone was traveling through, say Stansted, and seen an MALTA AIR aircraft, they would know to look online for Malta Air from Stansted, there is no better advertising than a big colourful aircraft parked on stand.

racedo
4th Mar 2020, 19:45
If that was correct, all Ryanair Aircraft would be factor white, advertising is advertising, if someone was traveling through, say Stansted, and seen an MALTA AIR aircraft, they would know to look online for Malta Air from Stansted, there is no better advertising than a big colourful aircraft parked on stand.

But they are painted Ryanair already, done when purchased as part of the deal. If you want to fly from Stansted to Malta and you look on Ryanair you will still buy but does it matter if it says Ryanair / Malta / Buzz or all in white on the outside ?

Spending huge amounts of money to repaint aircraft when not needed is not good use of money, retrofitting anything costs money, if you could guarantee that in another brand you charge € extra then can justify it but lets face it you cannot.

Aircraft will morph into new brands over lifetime when new aircraft arrive. Better to save millions when nobody really will care what it looks like as long as Fare is reasonable / flight arrives on time.

daz211
4th Mar 2020, 20:01
But they are painted Ryanair already, done when purchased as part of the deal. If you want to fly from Stansted to Malta and you look on Ryanair you will still buy but does it matter if it says Ryanair / Malta / Buzz or all in white on the outside ?

Spending huge amounts of money to repaint aircraft when not needed is not good use of money, retrofitting anything costs money, if you could guarantee that in another brand you charge € extra then can justify it but lets face it you cannot.

Aircraft will morph into new brands over lifetime when new aircraft arrive. Better to save millions when nobody really will care what it looks like as long as Fare is reasonable / flight arrives on time.
But I have already seen a BUZZ (MAX), painted BUZZ yellow, with a big 🐝 Bee on its tail.

MANFAN
5th Mar 2020, 04:56
But I have already seen a BUZZ (MAX), painted BUZZ yellow, with a big 🐝 Bee on its tail.

That’s in Seattle at Boeing, already painted from brand new build. Current aircraft in the fleet transferring to Buzz or Malta Air will not be repainted in the new livery’s

Sharklet_321
5th Mar 2020, 07:36
Would expect Ryanair to start Exeter to Dublin, Bournemouth to Belfast, Isle of Man to UK and a few others (Southend to Belfast?) to plug what could be profitable routes left open by Flybe, no?

racedo
5th Mar 2020, 11:04
Would expect Ryanair to start Exeter to Dublin, Bournemouth to Belfast, Isle of Man to UK and a few others (Southend to Belfast?) to plug what could be profitable routes left open by Flybe, no?

If APD is changed you will have Logan / Eastern / Stobart taking some routes.

However I doubt Ryanair will pick up a single route from this. Possibly expansion into SOU in the future but they already at BOH.

Skipness One Foxtrot
5th Mar 2020, 11:22
Nope

Hello Mr Knee-Jerk! One thing FR do well is keep their B737s external appearance clean and well maintained. You can easily tell that many of them are frequently repainted, albeit into standard billboard Ryanair colours. This is what happens when you keep tweaking the livery, the B737-800s are on their second livery, which has had a few angled and breast sized related tweaks 😁
At least a few of the Polish and Maltese aircraft will be due a repaint this year. So they will either be rebranded, or simply given a fresh coat of Ryanair.

rog747
5th Mar 2020, 16:24
Official today Mr MOL states that he (FR) will not go in to SOU (talking about the Flybe collapse) as his aircraft are too big.

MANFAN
5th Mar 2020, 20:03
Hello Mr Knee-Jerk! One thing FR do well is keep their B737s external appearance clean and well maintained. You can easily tell that many of them are frequently repainted, albeit into standard billboard Ryanair colours. This is what happens when you keep tweaking the livery, the B737-800s are on their second livery, which has had a few angled and breast sized related tweaks 😁
At least a few of the Polish and Maltese aircraft will be due a repaint this year. So they will either be rebranded, or simply given a fresh coat of Ryanair.

I fly Ryanair about once a month and have also noticed this ref the sparkling paintwork for some of their older aircraft (10-16yrs). Good to see, but shame the inside isn’t the same, more difficult to maintain obviously. The new Boeing interior is nice buy whatever material is used on the overhead panel is certainly not compatible with keeping clean, gets black really easily and hard to clean. Not a Ryanair issue but standard on Boeing new interiors...typical cheap supplier quality issue.

vikingivesterled
5th Mar 2020, 23:20
Official today Mr MOL states that he (FR) will not go in to SOU (talking about the Flybe collapse) as his aircraft are too big.

Since Ryanair Holding is now a multi airline outfit with more than one type of aircraft, O'Leary could easily add another airline with a smaller aircraft under the umbrella.
An airline that could take up some of the routes where the 737-800 have proved to large, or to airports where the runways are to short. A situation that will only get worse with the Max.
Would give them another leg to balance on. With the management, capital, systems and expertise backing of the rest of the group such an aiirline might even make a profit in the regional market.
If not for CoVid-19 they could easily afford it.

Skipness One Foxtrot
6th Mar 2020, 23:51
Current B73H fleet :
Ryanair 304
Malta Air 100
Ryanair Sun / Buzz 39
Ryanair UK 1

Setting aside Lauda, 32% of the B73H fleet has been moved out of Irish registry.
Huge change from one size uniformity fitting all markets under one brand, with varying employment contracts.
Are they really gonna have 107 (planned) Malta Air B73Hs? Are they really not just going to be sold as Ryanair but flown as 9H- out of a Maltese shell company? Can’t see them re-branding all of these transferred aircraft!

davidjohnson6
7th Mar 2020, 02:35
What's the purpose of the Malta brand to Ryanair ? It's not really visible to customers and has little or no identity of its own. Is it just Ryanair-but-lower-staff-salaries, or is it intended to have a public-facing image different to FR ?

Dannyboy39
7th Mar 2020, 08:01
What's the purpose of the Malta brand to Ryanair ? It's not really visible to customers and has little or no identity of its own. Is it just Ryanair-but-lower-staff-salaries, or is it intended to have a public-facing image different to FR ?
I think you've answered your own question. Plus a very generous corporate tax rate, despite the EU's hypocrisy over level playing fields.

Flitefone
7th Mar 2020, 09:39

is it not simply a means to use the Maltese rights to countries beyond the EU in north Africa & Middle East, where there are no EU bi-lateral agreements - giving Ryanair a reach into markets otherwise inaccessible.

FF

SWBKCB
7th Mar 2020, 10:08
is it not simply a means to use the Maltese rights to countries beyond the EU in north Africa & Middle East, where there are no EU bi-lateral agreements - giving Ryanair a reach into markets otherwise inaccessible.

FF

Don't think you need 100+ a/c for that

Stevek
7th Mar 2020, 10:45
Zadar base opening in May rather than April. Corona to blame officially but is this really the case?

dohouch
29th Mar 2020, 07:16
Ryanair Won’t Force Passengers To Fly On The Boeing 737 MAX (https://simpleflying.com/ryanair-wont-force-passengers-to-fly-on-the-boeing-737-max/)With video interview (must be deep-fake!)

racedo
29th Mar 2020, 09:23
If a pilot willing to fly then so am I. Not yet known any pilots with a wish to die.

SWBKCB
29th Mar 2020, 09:30
If a pilot willing to fly then so am I. Not yet known any pilots with a wish to die.

Totally agree - I work on the basis that he knows a damn more about these things then I do and is just as keen to walk off at the other end! :ok:

racedo
29th Mar 2020, 09:46
Totally agree - I work on the basis that he knows a damn more about these things then I do and is just as keen to walk off at the other end! :ok:

They have wives, girlfriends, husbands and boyfriends (often all at the same time) plus the Rolex. Worst case scenario my family will become rich.

AirportPlanner1
29th Mar 2020, 10:13
On a different note, I wonder if anyone can answer some oddities in FR’s skeleton schedule?

There are so few flights, yet STN-Eindhoven is scheduled ridiculously early at 06:25 and Lisbon-STN arrives at 23:45. Why such extreme times, which leave the (admittedly few) pax with little transport options plus also seems to make inefficient use of staffing. Who may themselves struggle to get to/from work. Most DUB-UK routes also seem to leave very early, but at least there is a cluster of them so I assume makes efficient use of staff.

Also why does the Eindhoven aircraft then seemingly sit there doing noting until about 15:30 rather than come straight back?

SealinkBF
29th Mar 2020, 11:43

I'm sure the pilots of Ethiopian and Lion Air felt the same at the time.

tartan 201
23rd Apr 2020, 06:13
"Ryanair will not resume flights if it is forced to leave the middle seats empty in order to comply with social distancing rules, the budget airline’s chief executive Michael O’Leary said."

https://www.cityam.com/ryanair-will-not-resume-flights-if-middle-seat-must-be-left-empty-says-michael-oleary/amp/

LTNman
23rd Apr 2020, 08:37
I remember what O’Leary said about the U.K. if they left the EU. All the bluster and threats disappeared

LessThanSte
23rd Apr 2020, 08:44
Not often i agree with him, but i think he's got this middle seat issue absolutely bang on. The only way round that would be to increase prices to cover the empty seats, but then that'd likely mean that the planes wouldnt be [66%] full.

It's all a piece of bluster to make people 'feel' better about getting on an aircraft - but keeping the middle seat free would have no noticable benefit.

If the government wanted to kick start aviation, and avoid nonsense scenarios like this which would kill the sector, the only solution in my mind is to find a way to test passengers before they travel to the airport - almost like having a test 3 days before travel then self-isolating until the day if you are proven not to have it. You could have a little stamp that goes in your passport or similar to confirm.

Sharklet_321
23rd Apr 2020, 08:47
Not often i agree with him, but i think he's got this middle seat issue absolutely bang on. The only way round that would be to increase prices to cover the empty seats, but then that'd likely mean that the planes wouldnt be [66%] full.

It's all a piece of bluster to make people 'feel' better about getting on an aircraft - but keeping the middle seat free would have no noticable benefit.

If the government wanted to kick start aviation, and avoid nonsense scenarios like this which would kill the sector, the only solution in my mind is to find a way to test passengers before they travel to the airport - almost like having a test 3 days before travel then self-isolating until the day if you are proven not to have it. You could have a little stamp that goes in your passport or similar to confirm.

Absolutely agree too... what happens if someone sneezes in the seat behind you (!) or needs to go to the toilet (walking up and down the aisle brushing past) - there is no 2m separation.