View Full Version : Ryanair-10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

inOban
23rd Aug 2018, 17:36
FR are walking away from GLA completely, it’s nothing to do with EZY competition. Although EZY domestics from STN still seem to do very well even when the price is double.

You only need to look at EZY’s short lived venture into the ROI, the LTN-CPH bloodbath and their HAM base closure to see that they cannot compete with FR on a cost basis. EZY is much more of a conservative business model and that’s why their financial results are always very, very good. They will only have aircraft flying where there is money to be made.

LTN needed more competition on your ALC and AGP and to a lesser extent BCN.

With their rapidly-rising wage bill, are their costs still much less than Ezyjets?

And if Glasgow was profitable, they could have operated flights from STN, although that would lose the day trip business market, mainly southbound in the morning.

_aax1
23rd Aug 2018, 17:39
With their rapidly-rising wage bill, are their costs still much less than Ezyjets?

And if Glasgow was profitable, they could have operated flights from STN, although that would lose the day trip business market, mainly southbound in the morning.

Look at their financial results, they make a massive percentage of their money on ancillary. Often unfair ancillary such as airport check-in. With APD it’s easy to see FR make a loss on basic fares on a lot of routes. FR have a lower cost base than EZY by looking at the markets they operate in, particularly Eastern Europe. GLA is not worth operating at business frequency with a STN based aircraft when there are limited A.M. slots from STN and the aircraft can be used on more lucrative routes.

compton3bravo
23rd Aug 2018, 17:45
Only the Irish pilots mik and they still have to vote on the proposals, so best not to jump the gun just yet.

_aax1
23rd Aug 2018, 21:03
Ryanair to end free gate bag policy where bags are tagged at the gate if priority has not paid. Passengers will now have to pay between £6-8 to take a 10kg bag into the cabin, or £8-10 to check in a 10kg cabin sized bag at check-in. Passengers whom don't pay can only take a small bag with them for the flight which will be placed under the seat in front of them.

I think this is a better policy than their current 'priority and two cabin bags'.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ryanair-luggage/ryanair-to-end-free-10-kg-bag-in-luggage-overhaul-idUKKCN1L8222?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5b7ef75b04d30158bc38c407&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook (https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ryanair-luggage/ryanair-to-end-free-10-kg-bag-in-luggage-overhaul-idUKKCN1L8222?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&ut m_content=5b7ef75b04d30158bc38c407&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm _source=facebook)

racedo
23rd Aug 2018, 21:13
Priority boarding currently costs 6-8 euro so they could have more problems if more people purchase it and on time performance will not improve.

No sure how it would affect OTP as whether there are 60 or 100 bags in the hold there isn't a huge time impact between loading and unloading, couple of minutes but bearing in mind schedule planning I doubt it makes a 5 minutes difference on turnaround so will easily be accommodated on existing time.

racedo
23rd Aug 2018, 21:20
True. Commercial aviation insurance law being worked on to reflect this inevitable advance to fully autonomous civilian passenger flights.

It's going to happen whether people like it or not and even if you end up with 1 person in cockpit as back up the aircraft it is planned.
Friend was a FE with BA until they changed it and he old enough to remember Radio officer etc.

It will require a lot of technology changes at airports but that will happen anyway over time.

If Man can send unmanned craft with people to a space station thousands of miles away then London to New York shouldn't be impossible.

j636
23rd Aug 2018, 23:48
No sure how it would affect OTP as whether there are 60 or 100 bags in the hold there isn't a huge time impact between loading and unloading, couple of minutes but bearing in mind schedule planning I doubt it makes a 5 minutes difference on turnaround so will easily be accommodated on existing time.

Priority boarding guarantees you can bring 2 bags on board, with the checked in 10kg been the same price as PB, it is likely most will opt for PB and then you will create a new problem (or the old) one where there is to many bags on board (i.e the current policy was designated to reduce this) so they will either have to completely drop the guarantee of two bags on board or increase PB to make checking in 10kg for 8 quid viable.

FRatSTN
24th Aug 2018, 07:30
Priority will be capped at 95 pax per flight so there won't be an oversupply of larger carry on bags at the gate.

​​​​​​​If they find they are regularly selling out of priority too quickly, I'm sure they'd adjust the pricing to suit.

mik3bravo
24th Aug 2018, 07:56
FR should have stuck to their process and should not have softened their controls on excessive and oversized cabin bags being size checked at the boarding gate. If it's too bulky or you're taking the p!ss by attempting to take on board large luggage or several pieces then all these items should be religiously tagged and dumped in the hold.

Clearly, some pax have extreme difficulties following the basic rules. Cabin aisles choked with punters clambering for overhead cabin bag space for their grandfather clock or whatever sh!he these clowns chance trying to get on board. Push backs get cocked up, slots missed, and all because some selfish idiots want to make sure they're alright, but sod the rest of the pax on board.

To be fair, I don't blame the airline for changing the carry on baggage rules, the actions of some pax have ruined it for everyone else. Though I expect FR personnel to get hard-core with any idiot at the boarding gate who can't stick to the basic and reasonable rules.

SWBKCB
24th Aug 2018, 08:03
all these items should be religiously tagged and dumped in the hold.

And how long will that take? RYR are reaping what they sowed by discouraging hold baggage by charging more for a bag than a seat.

mik3bravo
24th Aug 2018, 08:22
And how long will that take? RYR are reaping what they sowed by discouraging hold baggage by charging more for a bag than a seat.
Yes, I agree however, many other airlines are fairly on it when it comes to checking pax carry on bags when people are waiting to board. For example, I use City airport frequently every month, they are all over it at the gate well in advance of starting the boarding. Tag it, dump at bag cart at base of the aircraft steps, have cabin crew member stood at the base of the steps enforcing it and that will stamp out these clowns who can't read the rules.

AirportPlanner1
24th Aug 2018, 08:38
It’s not necessarily that pax are clowns that can’t follow basic rules. In the old days you knew where you were, you had 20k in the hold and a rucksack-size allowance on board.

Now every airline has their own rules which also differs depending whether you’ve paid a premium or not. Currently if you don’t pay to upgrade handbags allowances include:

- just a tiny bag on Ryanair with larger carry-on in the hold free taken at the gate

- one large carry-on with EasyJet, no additional small bag

- one large carry/on and one small bag/laptop on BA

- one large carry-on and one decent size rucksack on Jet2

- one large carry-on (but different size to the others) and one small bag on Flybe

- one small bag on Wizz and Wow, charge for large carry-on

- one large carry-on on Westjet (but a different size to the others)

- one large carry-on and one small bag on Norwegian

On top of this, you have to negotiate rules changing!

mik3bravo
24th Aug 2018, 08:50
Admittedly, it's all tedious but it still doesn't get away from the fact that people should take responsibility for their actions. When you book online, the bag allowance details are made available by each airline, Ryanair is no different. I simply can't understand why it's an airlines fault if people either refuse to read the booking bag allowance when booking, or as I suspect is now becoming the norm, people are taking chances and hoping they'll squeeze some oversized, or several carry on bags into the cabin, undetected.

But of course, the spin and negativity will go into full speed, bashing the airline when pax should face up to their accountability and responsibility. If it's oversized or excessive number of bags, then tag it and into the hold it goes.

Trav a la
24th Aug 2018, 09:42
IMO this change is not about saving time but making more money now that Ryanair's finances are being squeezed by strikes, EU261 etc The present system isn't broken and doesn't need fixing.

The priority/economy queue split is often about a 50/50, allowing the priority passengers on board first with all their baggage first that slows the process down. Dropping your economy bag onto a trolley is a very quick process and takes no additional time at all. Having done that you inevitably find yourself waiting to board for quite a few minutes while priority passengers load their bags into the overhead locker bins at the front of the aircraft. Having done that with the beast from the east howling across the ramp at MAN earlier this year still brings back memories of being absolutely frozen to the bone.

To speed the process up they should always use both front and rear doors, which they don't, and priority should use the front and economy should use the rear door.

The inevitable consequence of forcing more and more passengers to pay for priority boarding will result in unsustainable self defeat. I'll predict a year, max, before more changes and more charges.

brian_dromey
24th Aug 2018, 10:45
The inevitable consequence of forcing more and more passengers to pay for priority boarding will result in unsustainable self defeat. I'll predict a year, max, before more changes and more charges.

I don't think anyone is being forced to do anything. FR travel essentially comes with no baggage allowance, either in the hold or in the cabin. Personally, I think the current system works well, but it must be costing FR money to have ground staff handling all those bags tagged at the gate. I thought that the ideal would be allowing passengers to check-in their hand luggage, in effect this is what is happening from Nov 1. Except it is not 'free'.

lfc84
24th Aug 2018, 11:01
I have four Ryanair sectors booked between November and February. I don't particularly like the new cabin baggage policy. If it had been cheaper to cancel and rebook with a competitor then I would have done so. But it was still cheaper to add 'priority + 2 cabin bags' to the four sectors. Notwithstanding the ability to obtain a refund, it does leave a sour taste in the mouth that they make such changes to the cabin bag policy affecting already ticketed reservations. I'm not talking about four £20 sectors here either, I'm talking about each sector being at least £120 before the 'priority + 2 cabin bags was paid for'. Hence the bitter taste.

FrequentlyFlying
24th Aug 2018, 11:36
Having enquiried today about the changes TO SMALL CARRY ON BAGS which they confused the media with an increase in LTRS sizes when they had previously only given dimensions - I have found several more answers. The small carry on bag has increased from 30 x 20 x 20 to 35 x 20 x 20 and are increasing the gate ‘sizer’ by a further 25% to allow for ‘small errors or inflated bags’ - seems fair enough but to make it sound a bigger increase they switch to LTRS increase for the media it appears. The PRIORITY max that can be booked is capped to the FIRST 95 cases to be booked - so any issues with too many priority cases are managed with this policy. Again sensible so if you try and book it and it’s aold out it won’t be coming through the gate it will have to be checked in. Those who fail to understand/follow the policy - they will be made to pay 25£:€ at the gate and it will be placed IN THE HOLD in the way non priority bags are currently.

i regularly travel with a 30 x 20 x 20 bag and have no issue, but also I don’t see ‘delay’ as a reason, more delays are caused queuing post Gate - I do see large use of resource for sticking the tags on pre-gate, which I presume obviously has ‘a cost’ to FR - so guessing that’s where the real pressure is - this ‘additional’ charge to customers will probably be little more than neutral to them in their bottom line but it will probably prevent them having to pass these resource costs on in ticket price increases - they do a lot of things right but sometimes they can help but shoot them selves in the foot - this should have been the switch originally - not the first airline to have carry on small bags only without charge - they must have planned this ‘direction of travel’ with the last change and should have just done it then. As for Ltrs for case sizes do me a fave FR ..STOP!

brian_dromey
24th Aug 2018, 11:37
I'm not talking about four £20 sectors here either, I'm talking about each sector being at least £120 before the 'priority + 2 cabin bags was paid for'. Hence the bitter taste.

Which is the point. Even when adding a baggage option that suits the passenger, FR are still cheaper and/or more convenient than the competition.

AirportPlanner1
24th Aug 2018, 13:12
Which is the point. Even when adding a baggage option that suits the passenger, FR are still cheaper and/or more convenient than the competition.

That doesn’t make it acceptable. A burger in McDonalds is cheaper than a burger in GBK, if you’ve paid for your Big Mac but then before handing it over to you they demand £1 extra it’s still cheaper than GBK but I don’t think you’d be happy at all.

Also for all you know the competition might have been cheaper than the new fare at the time of booking.

AerRyan
24th Aug 2018, 13:23
That doesn’t make it acceptable. A burger in McDonalds is cheaper than a burger in GBK, if you’ve paid for your Big Mac but then before handing it over to you they demand £1 extra it’s still cheaper than GBK but I don’t think you’d be happy at all.

Also for all you know the competition might have been cheaper than the new fare at the time of booking.
No it's not like that at all.

Take the same analogy, but McDonalds charge you extra if you want more on the burger like gerkins onions etc. You don't have to have the gerkins or onions, but even if you do it's still cheaper.
​​​​​​
Plus, you can't complain when they tell you that they charge this before you make any purchase.

Trav a la
24th Aug 2018, 14:06

Take the same analogy, but McDonalds charge you extra if you want more on the burger like gerkins onions etc. You don't have to have the gerkins or onions, but even if you do it's still cheaper.
​​​​​​
Plus, you can't complain when they tell you that they charge this before you make any purchase.

My next flight is booked and paid for. When I booked it the old rules applied but now the new rules apply. My option is to cancel FOC and re book with another airline, however, their prices have now shot up, so thats a no go unless I want to cut my nose off to spite my face. So realistically I have to pay an additional £10 each per sector or leave our bags at home.

Following the analogy, we would be getting exactly what we ordered and paid for BUT only if we pay an additional amount before we receive it. Is that a fair way of doing business?

AirportPlanner1
24th Aug 2018, 14:17

​​​​​​

No, you are wrong. To correct your analogy, when you order and pay for the burger the gherkin and onions were included. Before it lands on your tray the cashier demands £1 for the gherkin and onions, or alternatively a full refund. In the meantime, the burger shop over the road has shut for the day. You either pay up, have less of a burger or go hungry.

It is not acceptable.

mik3bravo
24th Aug 2018, 14:46
I don't think anyone is being forced to do anything. FR travel essentially comes with no baggage allowance, either in the hold or in the cabin. Personally, I think the current system works well, but it must be costing FR money to have ground staff handling all those bags tagged at the gate. I thought that the ideal would be allowing passengers to check-in their hand luggage, in effect this is what is happening from Nov 1. Except it is not 'free'.

Easyjet Go Hands Free costs £12 return, or £5 one way, and is a good system. It's a popular solution for Easyjet, and it almost eliminates the chaos of a couple of idiots shuffling up and down the packed cabin hunting for cabin overhead baggage space when doors need locking and push back needed to make slot times.

Ryanair are trying to do something similar now.

FRatSTN
24th Aug 2018, 15:01
People will say this wholly about making more money and has nothing to do with delays though they couldn't be more wrong. Gate bags have been a huge problem under the current policy and it's now being addressed with this revised, and I think personally, fairer policy.

To clarify any misunderstandings, the current rule is that all passengers are permitted one small personal item AND one larger wheelie bag, up to 10kg, though only priority passengers are allowed their larger bag in the cabin - for all non-priority it's tagged at the boarding gate and put in the hold for free. The outcome of that, especially on low-booked priority flights, is you get a huge load of gate bags despite the overhead lockers being relatively empty, which causes the handling delays. The policy only really works well where there's a near 50/50 split of priority vs non-priority pax, but on average only 30% currently book priority (this should rise to the approx. 50% needed under the new rules).

The new policy means all passengers as a standard allowance can take one personal item (with the increased dimensions to 40x20x25cm +25%) that fits under the seat. Only priority passengers are permitted the larger wheelie bag, up to 10kg, on-board for the overhead locker (this will be capped to maximum 95 pax per flight). There will also be a new option to check-in a 10kg bag from £/€8 in the usual way at the bag drop desk - this largely replicates EasyJet's recent "hands free" motive. Any non-priority passenger who brings a second, larger bag to the gate will now have it put into the hold at the standard £/€25 baggage fee.

This policy should give far more control to strike the right balance of bags to essentially avoid the old yellow tagged "gate bags" altogether. People who want to take a second larger bag will know in advance if they can take it on-board (ie booking Priority) or to check it in the usual way at the bag drop desk (ie booking the new 10kg check-in option).

24th Aug 2018, 19:45
And to add to the confusion of course you'll have passengers who bought their tickets under different rules boarding the same flights.

It seems to be easy for everyone else - I wish they'd just charge what they need to for the flights and get on with it.

alm1
24th Aug 2018, 21:57
The problem is that often checking a bag is by far the worst experience of the whole travel. It is not unusual to spend an hour standing in a slow que to check in bag wondering if you going to make it on time. And it is not possible to skip this que like buying fast track for security. I imagine with even more checked bags this is going to get a lot worse.

FRatSTN
25th Aug 2018, 07:15
That's the reason they're charging £/€8 for the check-in option to encourage priority boarding and avoid just shifting the problem to check-in. Getting the right number of people and bags to turn up at the gate is the optimum solution to the problem.

​​​​​​​Wizz now have a nearly identical system however they don't charge to check-in a cabin bag. Sounds great on the face of it but think how many people must opt for the free check-in option and the overhead lockers end up flying half empty as only say 30 pax forked out for the priority option. I cant comment from personal experience but it must make Wizz check-in a nightmare, or cost them an awful lot in extra resource.

Mr A Tis
25th Aug 2018, 14:11
..and for those paying for the privilege of checked bags with Ryanair......we have 4 hour waits at Manchester Airport for baggage claim:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-baggage-reclaim-bags-15071778

The96er
25th Aug 2018, 18:12
..and for those paying for the privilege of checked bags with Ryanair......we have 4 hour waits at Manchester Airport for baggage claim:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-airport-baggage-reclaim-bags-15071778

Any extra money earned by RYR will go to RYR's profits, it's not likely to be used to improve ground services.

Hussar 54
25th Aug 2018, 19:25
My next flight is booked and paid for. When I booked it the old rules applied but now the new rules apply. My option is to cancel FOC and re book with another airline, however, their prices have now shot up, so thats a no go unless I want to cut my nose off to spite my face. So realistically I have to pay an additional £10 each per sector or leave our bags at home.

Following the analogy, we would be getting exactly what we ordered and paid for BUT only if we pay an additional amount before we receive it. Is that a fair way of doing business?

I'm not sure whether MOL has ever given a toss about fairness - whether to his customers or his staff.

It's almost as though he thoroughly enjoys being Mr Nasty.

And to be fair, he's made zillions being Mr Nasty, so him and his airline aren't going to change now.

mik3bravo
26th Aug 2018, 06:11
All 1st world problems in the grand scheme of things. People get their knickers in a twist over some really very insignificant things when you look around the world at bigger life issues. Some just love a good old moan fest.:ugh:

EGAC is Better
26th Aug 2018, 12:48
All 1st world problems in the grand scheme of things. People get their knickers in a twist over some really very insignificant things when you look around the world at bigger life issues. Some just love a good old moan fest.:ugh:

Not sure how the current policy is working at other airports but the recent flights I’ve taken with Ryanair from Belfast, Girona, Gdansk and Krakow have all been a much smoother boarding process. There has even been the luxury of overhead bin space left after boarding competed (on full aircraft!)

The issue with forcing people to buy priority and capping it at 95 is that unless you board first, you are not guaranteed to get your bag anywhere remotely close to your seat. How this elimates those aimlessly walking up and down the cabin to find space is beyond my comprehension and I’d be happy to hear the explanation? The current system works in my experience and it has improved the boarding process.

I predict chaos on board again with this change. The enivitable seat shuffle that occurs with the not so random seat assignments and now they re-introduce the mess in the cabin with overhead bin space issue. This is a step backwards in service my opinion, boarding during my recent flights has been painless. I’ve even been able to board last with my small cabin bag and still get it in the bin above my head. Obviously for MOL though, service doesn’t matter when providing a better one costs money. How long before management blame this on the pilots?

EI-BUD
26th Aug 2018, 15:33
'EGAC is better',
how do you manage to get on last on a full flight and still get your bag into the overhead? In my experience the gate staff have been almost militant with getting people down the queue, requiring then to put their bag in the hold!

In my opinion, there are such mixed messages in the media about what this change actually means..must read up again.

EI-BUD

EGAC is Better
26th Aug 2018, 15:37
'EGAC is better',
how do you manage to get on last on a full flight and still get your bag into the overhead? In my experience the gate staff have been almost militant with getting people down the queue, requiring then to put their bag in the hold!

In my opinion, there are such mixed messages in the media about what this change actually means..must read up again.

EI-BUD

Twice recently at BFS, once in Girona and Gdansk all with the same rucksack on my back. All within the last two weeks.

Get in last by sitting until everyone else has been hearded into the stairs, scan in and sit down again. That’ll probably have to change with these new rules, back to the scrum so I don’t have my rucksack at my feet.

It seems the current rule of free cabin size case being checked at the gate has stopped the majority of cases coming into the cabin. Thats my personal observations.

racedo
26th Aug 2018, 16:14
Twice recently at BFS, once in Girona and Gdansk all with the same rucksack on my back. All within the last two weeks.

Get in last by sitting until everyone else has been hearded into the stairs, scan in and sit down again. That’ll probably have to change with these new rules, back to the scrum so I don’t have my rucksack at my feet.

It seems the current rule of free cabin size case being checked at the gate has stopped the majority of cases coming into the cabin. Thats my personal observations.

I have seen this as well where overheads are pretty much empty.

Alledgedly :O the glue wasn't good on one of my bags as the tags seemed to come off easily.

racedo
26th Aug 2018, 16:16

Who supplies the ground services and do you think it was only 1 specific airline impacted ?

racedo
26th Aug 2018, 16:19
That's the reason they're charging £/€8 for the check-in option to encourage priority boarding and avoid just shifting the problem to check-in. Getting the right number of people and bags to turn up at the gate is the optimum solution to the problem.

​​​​​​​Wizz now have a nearly identical system however they don't charge to check-in a cabin bag. Sounds great on the face of it but think how many people must opt for the free check-in option and the overhead lockers end up flying half empty as only say 30 pax forked out for the priority option. I cant comment from personal experience but it must make Wizz check-in a nightmare, or cost them an awful lot in extra resource.

Wizzair checkin at LTN is a nightmare where it has taken 50 minutes for a checkin bag.

Think there should be an option to become available for a self service bag drop option where machine prints out your tags for you to attach.

racedo
26th Aug 2018, 16:25
The problem is that often checking a bag is by far the worst experience of the whole travel. It is not unusual to spend an hour standing in a slow que to check in bag wondering if you going to make it on time. And it is not possible to skip this que like buying fast track for security. I imagine with even more checked bags this is going to get a lot worse.

Self service machine which prints out your tag to go on a bag and emails the tag number to the booking email used or is available on the App with booking reference.

In Volgograd in Russia (very small airport) they checked everybody luggage picked up V tag given when checked it in. Could be a random option for increased security on bag collection.

lehovec
29th Aug 2018, 07:19
Easyjet Go Hands Free costs £12 return, or £5 one way, and is a good system. It's a popular solution for Easyjet, and it almost eliminates the chaos of a couple of idiots shuffling up and down the packed cabin hunting for cabin overhead baggage space when doors need locking and push back needed to make slot times.

Ryanair are trying to do something similar now.

£5 per pax each way
£12 for up to 6 people (on the same booking) each way

davidjohnson6
31st Aug 2018, 01:34
Anyone able to say when the summer 2019 schedule will be released in full ? In 2017 I think the schedule for S18 came out at the end of August 2017. Barring ski destinations, most seasonal routes are summer only. Once the schedule for S19 is out it's usually the most effective way to decide which routes are being cut without having to decipher various pieces of marketing spin....
Yes, I know Brexit will happen at the very start of S19...

racedo
31st Aug 2018, 12:33
Anyone able to say when the summer 2019 schedule will be released in full ? In 2017 I think the schedule for S18 came out at the end of August 2017. Barring ski destinations, most seasonal routes are summer only. Once the schedule for S19 is out it's usually the most effective way to decide which routes are being cut without having to decipher various pieces of marketing spin....
Yes, I know Brexit will happen at the very start of S19...

I can see airlines holding on this for a couple of months due to Brexit concerns.

Also believe that like many businesses that a Brexit clause will be intriduced such that if as a result of Brexit the airline is no longer able to fly from UK then money is refunded and EU261 will not apply.

mik3bravo
31st Aug 2018, 13:21
I can see airlines holding on this for a couple of months due to Brexit concerns.

Also believe that like many businesses that a Brexit clause will be intriduced such that if as a result of Brexit the airline is no longer able to fly from UK then money is refunded and EU261 will not apply.
Looks like Barnier has been spoken too, he's retreating. Rightly so!

CCFAIRPORT
11th Sep 2018, 08:24
NEW ROUTE

Memmingen to Tel Aviv (2pw)

begins Oct 29th

TOM100
11th Sep 2018, 08:51
MLACWL 2pw starts S19

Jersey32D
11th Sep 2018, 09:09
Just announced for S19. EXTMLA, EXTNAP & EXTAGP.

jpta2000
11th Sep 2018, 10:25
10 new routes announced in press conference held in Malta. All the routes start with summer 2019 season.

Exeter
Cardiff
Perugia
Lamezia
Thessaloniki
Luxembourg
Nantes
Cork
Maastricht
(all above 2pw)
Oslo Torp (1pw)

6th aircraft based from April 2019. Total number of routes will be 61!

Frequency increases compared to S18
Madrid +1 to 5pw
Valencia +1 to 3pw
Porto +1 to 3pw
Goteborg +1 to 2pw

Frequency reduction
Berlin SXF -1 to 1pw
Pisa -1 to 3 pw

Navpi
11th Sep 2018, 10:35
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/ryanair-exeter-airport-malaga-naples-1990195

Do we know how many routes and aircraft RYR have added since suggesting they would pull a lot of UK services after 31st mar 2019

Expansion has been insatiable since BREXIT vote .

inOban
11th Sep 2018, 11:13
Expansion has been insatiable, has it? They're about to abandon Glasgow. I would suggest that, on the contrary, growth has been slower than for many years. Even taking their whole operation, excluding Laudamotion, their growth is barely half that of 12 months ago.

Skipness One Foxtrot
11th Sep 2018, 13:09
They’re not abandoning GLA, who said that? They’re closing the crew base and operating inbound sectors on DUB-GLA. STN-GLA is dropped again but they use this to pile pressure and punish airports who don’t give them the terms they want. They will no doubt operate a few inbound flights for next summer and I suspect LDY will return.

If they were actually giving up on GLA, DUB-PIK would be back and GLA dropped. This is a ploy, and fair play, is business.

Growth will slow, of course it will, it’s a mature market now and the volume of untapped new opportunities is a lot smaller.

Nakata77
11th Sep 2018, 14:23
When is Ryanair releasing their S19 BOH timetable?

inOban
11th Sep 2018, 15:05
I was indulging in a bit of hyperbole. But their growth has certainly slowed greatly. Since they don't, obviously, release details of traffic by geographical area, we have no idea whether there is any growth on routes involving the UK.

racedo
18th Sep 2018, 12:56
I was indulging in a bit of hyperbole. But their growth has certainly slowed greatly. Since they don't, obviously, release details of traffic by geographical area, we have no idea whether there is any growth on routes involving the UK.

In the 5 months to Aug 18 v Aug 17 they increase PAX numbers by 3.2 Million v 6.5 million in 2017 v 2016.

But this has to do with aircraft availability as 2015-2016 the constraint was numbers of available aircraft.
Once more became available there was a surge in new routes.
Also believed they lost at least 1 Million from last Sept because of pilot shortages.

In the year to August PAX numbers grew by 7% (8.3 Million) .v 13% ( 14.3 Million) in previous year.

At this rate it is likely to be 150 Annual in June 2020.

SealinkBF
19th Sep 2018, 18:32
Just read that Ryanair are restoring some Glasgow routes, albeit without a (2nd?) Glasgow based aircraft for S19.

awwdabaaby
19th Sep 2018, 18:40
Just read that Ryanair are restoring some Glasgow routes, albeit without a (2nd?) Glasgow based aircraft for S19.

all flights that are currently avaliable for summer 19 are away flying, no based aircraft as yet

CabinCrewe
19th Sep 2018, 19:12
There wont be any based flying for S19 from GLA

waffler
19th Sep 2018, 19:26
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0919/994787-ryanair/

British pilots want O Leary gone.

GLAEDI
20th Sep 2018, 09:39
all flights that are currently avaliable for summer 19 are away flying, no based aircraft as yet
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/transport/ryanair-to-reverse-glasgow-route-cuts-1-4802066/amp

Looks like using aircraft based elsewhere. Seems such a strange move but maybe it was to do relocating the Crew Base and employment law. Tagged in the small print reductions at PIK

southside bobby
22nd Sep 2018, 09:26
RYR enroute EDI-Carcassonne arrived earlier at STN after declaring a medical emergency.

Helimed 55A arrived on the apron with medical team to administer CPR.

racedo
22nd Sep 2018, 12:35
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0919/994787-ryanair/

British pilots want O Leary gone.

Balpa should try and do what they are supposed to do rather than attempting to claim Ryanair won't be successful with Bonderman and O'Leary.

Strange how succesful Ryanair became with Zero input from Balpa.

Rob Royston
22nd Sep 2018, 13:00
I'd just noticed a Faro-Abz earlier this morning doing the inbound flight before the outbound, and thought, "These customers are getting half a day knocked off their holiday".
After reading your comments I went back to check the flight history of EI-EKT and It was the same for customers from Newcastle, Stansted and Hamburg on it's previous return trips.
I can now see why people are moving to Jet-2. It looks like Ryanair have lost their grip on reality.

inOban
22nd Sep 2018, 14:26
There are advantages to the passengers of away-based rotations. They avoid either an early departure or a late return, often requiring an overnight stay, and they are likely to be passing through the airports when they are less busy.

Rob Royston
22nd Sep 2018, 18:55
There are advantages to the passengers of away-based rotations. They avoid either an early departure or a late return, often requiring an overnight stay, and they are likely to be passing through the airports when they are less busy.
You spend a lot of money on a seven day holiday and discover that you are going to be flying in your paid for hoiday time? Its not an advantage for probably over 95% of those on the flight. The only winner is Ryanair, but most customers will realize they have been conned and go to other companies.

inOban
22nd Sep 2018, 19:17
And on the Edinburgh thread, discussing the loss of Norwegian flights to TFS, there is a poster lamenting the fact that the four alternative operators all fly at inhumane times. He doesn't like arriving home in the middle of the night, or I guess having to be at the airport before 5am.
I think there are plenty of people who will prefer civilised flight times.

Rob Royston
22nd Sep 2018, 19:51
In Scotland we can pick our airports for suitable flight times to holiday destinations. With regards to my previous point, if a holiday flight fills both legs with passengers from a particular country, then the aircraft should be based in that country, else they will be flying in the passengers holiday time.

brownale342
23rd Sep 2018, 20:05
In Scotland we can pick our airports for suitable flight times to holiday destinations. With regards to my previous point, if a holiday flight fills both legs with passengers from a particular country, then the aircraft should be based in that country, else they will be flying in the passengers holiday time.
Roy Robston, you do know that not everyone on a Ryanair flight will be going on holiday?

Booking a flight the times are clearly shown to the customer, the customer makes the decision if they want that flight.

IMO I'd rather a flight at 10 or 11AM etc any time meaning I can beat the early 6AM charter wave and not getting out of bed at 3AM.

AirportPlanner1
23rd Sep 2018, 21:43

That’s a flawed arugument. In that scenario the passengers should bare the cost of doing that, and you would then get shouts of “why does it cost us here in XXX hundred more than XXX”. There is a long tradition going back well into pre-LCC days of Air 2000, Britannia, LTU, Air Berlin, Transavia, Scanair etc etc across Europe flying from primary cities and areas of good catchment down to the sun and then back to base. Air Europa, Spanair etc on the other hand would start their day in Spain and head to the likes of Norwich, Humberside, Saarbrucken, Kristiansand. So those communities “lost holiday” as you put it, but as none were of them had the market to support a based aircraft it’s a shortened holiday, a long drive elsewhere, or no holiday at all.

If the times aren’t what you hope for, go elsewhere. The market will determine whether the flights are maintained in future. There’s nothing stopping people taking the outbound of one airline and the inbound of another if it works better for them.

shamrock7seal
24th Sep 2018, 09:59
I get that some customers will compare flight times if the prices are similar in order to maximise time on holiday but this is secondary to the price.

If an airline planned flight times in order to allow everyone to maximise time abroad there would be hundreds of planes sitting on the ground doing nothing for large parts of the day.

People who are that concerned with time will most likely flight private!

racedo
24th Sep 2018, 10:50
People who are that concerned with time will most likely flight private!

They also don't worry about max 30 days holidays a year.

Rob Royston
25th Sep 2018, 15:21
That’s a flawed arugument. In that scenario the passengers should bare the cost of doing that, and you would then get shouts of “why does it cost us here in XXX hundred more than XXX”. There is a long tradition going back well into pre-LCC days of Air 2000, Britannia, LTU, Air Berlin, Transavia, Scanair etc etc across Europe flying from primary cities and areas of good catchment down to the sun and then back to base. Air Europa, Spanair etc on the other hand would start their day in Spain and head to the likes of Norwich, Humberside, Saarbrucken, Kristiansand. So those communities “lost holiday” as you put it, but as none were of them had the market to support a based aircraft it’s a shortened holiday, a long drive elsewhere, or no holiday at all.

If the times aren’t what you hope for, go elsewhere. The market will determine whether the flights are maintained in future. There’s nothing stopping people taking the outbound of one airline and the inbound of another if it works better for them.
This thread started at #1067/1068 about Ryanair basing all their aircraft serving GLA at away bases. Some of their PIK aircraft are also away based. Anyone from the Glasgow area who has seven nights booked anywhere and is looking for flights will get better value out of their accomodation by avoiding these away based aircraft. Jet2 is providing the required services that Glasgow wants to buy.

shamrock7seal
26th Sep 2018, 14:26
Nice to see BOH getting its PRG service back that was last operated by Thomsonfly. More to come for BOH?

MAJP
27th Sep 2018, 06:55
Marseille base back
9 new routes announced in press conference held in Marseille. All the routes start with summer 2019 season.

Warsaw
Prague
Naples
Bologne
Manchester
Bordeaux
Alicante
Agadir
Ouarzazate

2th aircraft based from April 2019. Total number of routes will be 40

CCFAIRPORT
27th Sep 2018, 07:59
according to the summer scheduled 2019 , BOD is also a new ryanair base

737aviator
27th Sep 2018, 11:04
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-to-open-2-new-french-bases-at-bordeaux-marseille/

Seljuk22
30th Sep 2018, 18:30
PRG base will be expanded by additional 2 aircraft and 15 new routes next summer
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-launches-record-prague-summer-19-schedule/

Sharklet_321
1st Oct 2018, 07:31
Trying to book a flight but all flights are showing as sold out?

Gurnard
1st Oct 2018, 08:51
SIX MORE
Six new 737-800s delivered to DUB in 2 days, 4 in one evening being as close in time as you'll get to arriving in formation. Are these replacements or additions? A few of the older ones seem to be departing the fleet, but not many.

lfc84
1st Oct 2018, 10:00
DUB-TFS cancelled according to a review of my forthcoming reservation this winter. I then looked at the website and there's nothing at all throughout the winter on this route.

Is this a website mistake ?

Edit to add - 20 minutes later - my flight is now back on the website but saying sold out.

Sharklet_321
1st Oct 2018, 10:20
Ryanair website is broken - cant book

Seljuk22
1st Oct 2018, 11:24
Ryanair today (1 Oct.) lowered its full year profit guidance (excluding Laudamotion) from a current range of €1.25bn – €1.35bn, to a new range of €1.10bn – €1.20bn

– Our 4 aircraft Eindhoven base will close, but most routes to/from Eindhoven will continue on overseas based aircraft.
– Our 2 aircraft Bremen base will close with most routes continuing on non-German aircraft.
– Our 5 aircraft Niederrhein base will be cut to 3 aircraft with most routes continuing on the remaining 3 aircraft.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-cuts-fy19-guidance-by-12-due-to-higher-oil-prices-higher-eu261-costs-weaker-fares-due-to-recent-strikes/

CCFAIRPORT
1st Oct 2018, 12:28
Sofia to Milan BGY
New daily route from April 1st 2019

lfc84
1st Oct 2018, 13:19
Ryanair website is broken - cant book
Thanks - mild panic somewhat reduced. For the record.....the website still seems broken

racedo
1st Oct 2018, 18:56
Thanks - mild panic somewhat reduced. For the record.....the website still seems broken

As routes and timings get firmed up they are loaded in but some not open for booking yet as there will be some late changes.
This has been pretty standard practice for years.

racedo
1st Oct 2018, 18:59
– Our 4 aircraft Eindhoven base will close, but most routes to/from Eindhoven will continue on overseas based aircraft. .

Thereby ending strikes in NL as there are no people based there.

CCFAIRPORT
4th Oct 2018, 09:10
New routes

Budapest - Bari
Budapest - Cagliari
Budapest - Sevilla
Nantes - Valencia

All begins April / May 2019

STN406
5th Oct 2018, 20:26
I see Ryanair has now got two different sets on new registrations on newly delivered aircraft, EI-GS’s and EI-GX’s and both have G,H and I.
Anyone known the reason for this ??

Gurnard
6th Oct 2018, 08:20
This would appear to relate to earlier "blocks" used in the Irish Register. Looking at the last two letters, S- has been used from SL onwards in the EI-ES block, so Ryanair are using EI-GSA-GSK and stopping there (at K). As for a "last two" beginning with X, XA-XF were used in the EXA-EXF series, hence the GX- series begins with GXG. Hope this logic makes sense!

CCFAIRPORT
6th Oct 2018, 10:58
NEW ROUTE

Brussels Zaventem - Pisa

3pw begins 1st April 2019

Sober Lark
6th Oct 2018, 15:53
Have EI and LH pushed FR off the FRA-DUB route? FR fares never that great and not bookable from Apr 2019.

snn20
6th Oct 2018, 17:33
Shannon -Ibiza 2x weekly from April 2019

CCFAIRPORT
11th Oct 2018, 08:45
Ryanair will close all routes from VIGO

BGY, BLQ, DUB, EDI in Oct 18 and BCN in Mar 2019

daz211
15th Oct 2018, 18:11
Ryanair @ London Stansted (STN).

Ryanair today (15 Oct) announced that it has chosen OmniServ as its new handler at London Stansted Airport, following an extensive tendering process.

From 1st February 2019, OmniServ (operating as Blue Handling) will provide all of Ryanair’s check-in, baggage and ground operations handling at Stansted, Ryanair’s largest base, with over 40 based aircraft and more than 200 daily departures.

OmniServ will replace Swissport at Stansted, who will continue to handle Ryanair’s operations at over 40 other airports across the UK and Europe, and all current Swissport staff at Stansted will be offered contracts with OmniServ from 1st February, in order to minimise disruptions.

taken from Facebook.

Seljuk22
17th Oct 2018, 17:14
Ryanair announced summerschedule for Germany: Tegel will be a new base with 4 aircraft
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-verkundet-sommerflugplan-2019-24-neue-strecken-in-deutschland/?market=de

Laudamotion will base 3 aircraft at Stuttgart next summer.

Habana2118
17th Oct 2018, 17:29
So is the plan to use both airline brands out of Germany ? Ryanair and Lauda Motion?

Seljuk22
18th Oct 2018, 16:37
Laudamotion (also the person Niki with his former airlines NIKI and Lauda Air) is well known and have a good image in Germany.
They have several bases in Germany like FRA, DUS, MUC, STR, CGN, NUE along with FR. In some years those flights might be operated by FR and Lauda disappear.

pee
19th Oct 2018, 10:48
”We have been extremely happy with co-operation with Ryanair"
Not so very obvious and widespread opinion. The citation comes from Lappeenranta Airport press release (http://www.lppairport.fi/en/ajankohtaista/ryanair-increases-flights-lappeenranta-summer-2019-season-new-destination-thessaloniki) (in English), the reasons explained. If they managed to offer also the direct bus connections to St. Petersburg, the potential would be even greater.

marko1
19th Oct 2018, 12:21
Does anyone know if Ryanair has fully launched its UK summer 19 programme yet? I've noticed London and Manchester but all the regional bases have had no announcement yet

racedo
19th Oct 2018, 14:14
Not so very obvious and widespread opinion. The citation comes from Lappeenranta Airport press release (http://www.lppairport.fi/en/ajankohtaista/ryanair-increases-flights-lappeenranta-summer-2019-season-new-destination-thessaloniki) (in English), the reasons explained. If they managed to offer also the direct bus connections to St. Petersburg, the potential would be even greater.

Must admit that having spent some time in the area in June we may revisit.
Possibly bring some bicycles as well and do a cycling tour especially given 24hr daylight.

brownale342
20th Oct 2018, 18:40
Does anyone know if Ryanair has fully launched its UK summer 19 programme yet? I've noticed London and Manchester but all the regional bases have had no announcement yet

NCL now on sale with 2 lost routes (Warsaw and Madrid) and reduced frequency on Malaga from 5 to 4 weekly. Hopefully an announced Summer 19 schedule is coming soon.

Alsacienne
21st Oct 2018, 15:34
Is it a website glitch or are flights from Basel to London Stansted cancelled for winter 2018? Help!! Many thanks.

southside bobby
21st Oct 2018, 15:47
Appears Basel /STN ceases 27.10.18

Alsacienne
21st Oct 2018, 16:56
To add insult to injury I don't seem to be able to edit the rubbish appearing above this post!!! (Oh Iit's deleted itself ... how strange!)

So ... OH BLUE MURDER! :{ My lifeline for so many years has gone. EXPLETIVE DELETED!!!:mad:

Will FR come back in Summer 19? And Laudamotion have started BSL-PMI ... but of course it's not FR ... is it!!

Seljuk22
22nd Oct 2018, 17:53
Laudamotion (OE) will focus on 4 bases next summer: VIE, DUS, STR, PMI

18 A320 to be operated for OE out of VIE (8), DUS (7) and STR (3). At PMI there will be 5 aircraft based for OE which are wet-leased from FR.

Current FR-Base at DUS will be closed and to be taken over by OE. Other way round at FRA, HAM, CGN, NUE and TXL where FR will take over the OE base.
Lauda Motion konzentriert sich auf vier Basen - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de/lauda-motion-basen/47342)

eu01
5th Nov 2018, 18:43
Shutting down its website "for a computer systems upgrade" and this will take entire 12 hours? Pretty radical decision.

racedo
5th Nov 2018, 19:26
Shutting down its website "for a computer systems upgrade" and this will take entire 12 hours? Pretty radical decision.

Been done a few times before TBF......... que Daily Mail with thousands of people claiming they will never fly the again, never having flown them anyway.

sixchannel
7th Nov 2018, 10:47
Looks like FR1909 GDN - DUB EI-GDZ is diverting mid North Sea to NCL after a PAN PAN

Gurnard
7th Nov 2018, 16:56
Looks like FR1909 GDN - DUB EI-GDZ is diverting mid North Sea to NCL after a PAN PAN
Medical emergency or disruptive passenger? Departed again within the hour.

nclops
7th Nov 2018, 21:03
Medical emergency or disruptive passenger? Departed again within the hour.
Medical Emergency

gd44
9th Nov 2018, 14:04
Just happened to notice that Moscow-Sheremetyevo and St Petersburg have appeared in the search engine and on the route map.

pee
9th Nov 2018, 15:08
Just happened to notice that Moscow-Sheremetyevo and St Petersburg have appeared in the search engine and on the route map.
Partnership only. FR sells flights of Air Malta from MLA to Russia.

inOban
9th Nov 2018, 15:13
For the Russian oligarchs who are buying EU citizenship via Malta.

sixchannel
9th Nov 2018, 17:40
For the Russian oligarchs who are buying EU citizenship via Malta.
Are they fed up with buying UK citizenships then, or just hedging their bets? 😊
If they all clubbed together they could probably BUY Malta.

inOban
9th Nov 2018, 18:10
The process in Malta is even more corrupt than in the UK. A journalist investigating it was murdered.

Nakata77
11th Nov 2018, 09:43
Bournemouth to Paphos has been loaded into the website for Summer 19 on Tues and Sat's but I can't book it as it says every flight is sold out between April and October. If I cant book with Ryanair i'll have to book with TUI.

When is this being made available for sale??? What's the point of loading it into the website only to leave it as 'sold out'?

sixchannel
11th Nov 2018, 09:56
Bournemouth to Paphos has been loaded into the website for Summer 19 on Tues and Sat's but I can't book it as it says every flight is sold out between April and October. If I cant book with Ryanair i'll have to book with TUI.

When is this being made available for sale??? What's the point of loading it into the website only to leave it as 'sold out'?
The point was probably to make us aware the flight is there.
The reason its currently unbookable is probably whilst they work out how much to charge.

DaveReidUK
20th Nov 2018, 22:30
Ryanair's high-density 737 MAX 8 rolled out:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/600x400/dsqvnkxu0aaent9_4d1b5b94d07567c78f5153a68682d983d178fbd9.jpg

Note the additional exit.

https://twitter.com/AeroimagesChris/status/1064029721216790528/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E10640 29721216790528&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthepointsguy.com%2Fnews%2Fryanairs-first-737-max-200-rolls-out-hellacious-seat-map%2F

shamrock7seal
21st Nov 2018, 00:56
New routes from Dublin and Manchester to Kyiv, Ukraine.

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Nov 2018, 12:44
Krakow to Szczecin

3pw

Opens April 2019

daz211
22nd Nov 2018, 16:55
Seville Summer schedule (2019) adding 13 new routes to Alicante, Bristol, Budapest, Cagliari, Catania, Edinburgh, Fuerteventura, Luxembourg, Nantes, Porto, Rabat, Tangier and Venice Treviso.

Ryanair’s Seville S19 schedule.

13 new routes: Alicante (3 wkly), Bristol (2), Budapest (2), Cagliari (2),

Catania (2), Edinburgh (2), Fuerteventura (2),

Luxembourg (2), Nantes (2), Porto (3), Rabat (2),

Tangier (2) & Venice Treviso (3)

53 routes in total.

eu01
22nd Nov 2018, 17:15
Krakow to Szczecin

But no more Szczecin - WAW as of January' 19 (only Ryanair Sun will use WAW after that)

Lon12
22nd Nov 2018, 19:31
Seville Summer schedule (2019) adding 13 new routes to Alicante, Bristol, Budapest, Cagliari, Catania, Edinburgh, Fuerteventura, Luxembourg, Nantes, Porto, Rabat, Tangier and Venice Treviso.

Ryanair’s Seville S19 schedule.

13 new routes: Alicante (3 wkly), Bristol (2), Budapest (2), Cagliari (2),

Catania (2), Edinburgh (2), Fuerteventura (2),

Luxembourg (2), Nantes (2), Porto (3), Rabat (2),

Tangier (2) & Venice Treviso (3)

53 routes in total.

Nothing new... All routes have already announced, except Budapest, in fact all of them are now available if you want to fly tomorrow or next weekend... Lol

Seljuk22
23rd Nov 2018, 16:26
9th aircraft for EDI
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-announces-11-new-s19-routes-from-edinburgh-100m-investment-with-additional-based-aircraft/

mariofly12
23rd Nov 2018, 20:29
They have also announced new routes to/from Greece,Cyprus this week: KBP-ATH 2w, SKG-TLV 2w, PFO-KBP,JMK,SXF 2w

inOban
23rd Nov 2018, 20:39
That press release is dated 8th November, so you've come late to this!

CroqueMonsieur
24th Nov 2018, 03:57
It's interesting about the edi aircraft. When they closed GLA they blamed APD and Brexit yet simply moved a plane to edi and have now added another despite APD and brexit still applying.

Alsacienne
24th Nov 2018, 07:37
Looks like Alsace is off the menu ....nothing for SXB or BSL? Anyone able to shed light on this?

DirectVELAG
27th Nov 2018, 13:28
Anyone know how many aircraft Ryanair had based in the UK in 2018, compared to plans for next year?

Severn
27th Nov 2018, 14:08
In August 2018, the following were based in the UK (required to operate the schedule, not including stby aircraft):

STN - 50+ (I'm sure someone on here can give an accurate number?)
MAN - 12
EDI - 8
EMA - 9
BHX - 4
LPL - 4
BRS - 4
LTN - 4
LBA - 3
GLA - 2 (based now closed)
PIK - 3
BFS - 2
BOH - 1

In 2019, SEN will be a new 3x aircraft base.

FRatSTN
27th Nov 2018, 14:57
I beleive its as follows, though open to corrections.
​​​​​​​ S19 (S18)
​​​BFS - 2 (2)
BHX - 4 (4)
BOH - 1 (1)
BRS - 4 (4)
EMA - 9 (9)
EDI - 9 (8)
GLA - 0 (2 at peak?)
LBA - 3 (3)
LPL - 4 (4)
LTN - 6 (4)
MAN 12 (10)?
PIK - 3 (3)
SEN - 3 (0)
STN - 45 approx.- likely increase of 2 or 3 airframes

Scottie Dog
27th Nov 2018, 15:10
I understand that Manchester is possibly going up to 17, if they can get the terminal slots, however that might be too big an ask.

Seljuk22
27th Nov 2018, 17:21
Anyone has an overview of all bases and their based aircraft or where to find such data? Unfortunately they don't mentioned this in their investor or press releases anymore.

AndrewH52
27th Nov 2018, 18:05
I understand that Manchester is possibly going up to 17, if they can get the terminal slots, however that might be too big an ask.

I think the word you are looking for is carnage...T3 is bursting at the seams as it is

CroqueMonsieur
27th Nov 2018, 18:57
Can anyone confirm how the onboard service works? I know they do a half cart front to back taking hot food orders but when it comes to the full bar service is it two full carts working toward meeting in the middle or does ones start at the front moving back and the other mid cabin also working back? I am looking up flights and reserving seats.

lfc84
27th Nov 2018, 20:44
on my recent flight i'm pretty sure they started at the back and worked towards the middle for both food and drink

Cazza_fly
27th Nov 2018, 21:38
Can anyone confirm how the onboard service works? I know they do a half cart front to back taking hot food orders but when it comes to the full bar service is it two full carts working toward meeting in the middle or does ones start at the front moving back and the other mid cabin also working back? I am looking up flights and reserving seats.

The usual is "work to meet". So two crew from the front to middle and two crew from the rear to middle.

lfc84
27th Nov 2018, 21:55
indeed, on my flight they met at around row 21

CroqueMonsieur
28th Nov 2018, 05:02
Thanks for your help guys.

CCFAIRPORT
28th Nov 2018, 08:37
NEW ROUTE

Budapest to Rimini

Opens May 2019 2pw

tophat27dt
28th Nov 2018, 14:44
SEN to Corfu will now operate Tuesdays and Sundays. Are any other destinations changed because of this?

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Dec 2018, 16:52
NEW ROUTES AND NEW DESTINATIONS

Dublin - Dubrovnik
Dublin - Split

both 4pw begins June 2019

southside bobby
3rd Dec 2018, 17:40
Summer `19 UK based a/c...

MAG airports... one...two.. three...(with three tied).

daz211
4th Dec 2018, 23:17
From Reuters-
WARSAW/DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ryanair (RYA.I) is ramping up a new subsidiary with weaker labor rights to better compete in eastern Europe, infuriating staff and unions by bypassing concessions granted during a year of industrial strife.

But a key element of the plan, forcing staff to move to self-employment contracts, is being probed by Polish authorities and a law to allow contractors to join unions -- and potentially push for concessions granted in Western Europe -- is due to enter force there in January.

tophat27dt
5th Dec 2018, 06:26
SEN to Corfu will now operate Tuesdays and Sundays. Are any other destinations changed because of this?
Yes the Cruj flights have been changed at weekends.

KelvinD
5th Dec 2018, 06:45
Today, Ryanair makes the headlines for all the wrong reasons (again!). The UK CAA is taking them to court over the airline's refusal to pay compensation to passengers affected by the strikes during the summer.

sixchannel
5th Dec 2018, 07:22
Today, Ryanair makes the headlines for all the wrong reasons (again!). The UK CAA is taking them to court over the airline's refusal to pay compensation to passengers affected by the strikes during the summer.
This and Post 1156 demonstrates yet again all that is bad at RYA, although will probably be viewed internally as a Smart Move.
By and large, Joe Pubic doesnt care - as long as they're cheap!

racedo
5th Dec 2018, 13:21

Ryanir can point to court decisions already in Germany, Spain and Italy which have already decided that strikes are an Exceptional circumstance, it would be interesting to see CAA case when precedence on EU261 and strikes has already been set.

EI-BUD
5th Dec 2018, 14:22
Why would Paris Le Bourget be showing in the Ryanair app in listing ...? Maybe I've missed something ...

PDXCWL45
5th Dec 2018, 14:36
Why would Paris Le Bourget be showing in the Ryanair app in listing ...? Maybe I've missed something ...
Isn't that where they operate their Paris flights to?

racedo
5th Dec 2018, 14:42
Isn't that where they operate their Paris flights to?

Nope its Beauvais

racedo
5th Dec 2018, 14:44

Could be a trip using their 737-700 for Munster / Leinster etc

EI-BUD
5th Dec 2018, 14:55
Could be a trip using their 737-700 for Munster / Leinster etc
thanks Racedo ...

racedo
5th Dec 2018, 15:53
thanks Racedo ...

Its only a guess as is Le Bourget a GA airport ?

Also a friend is a Munster fan who went home for Anthony Foley's funeral and I known FR has a special flight for his remains. Could be wrong but doubt French will reopen Le Bourget to mass passengers.

EI-BUD
5th Dec 2018, 18:25
That was my understanding, I.e. no passenger schedules, but it would be a neat trick if Ryanair could or anybody could get a schedules service in there. It's location is great! The national airline would have a canary!!

CCFAIRPORT
6th Dec 2018, 11:38
Berlin TXL - Luxembourg

Opens April 2019 4pw

Plane.Silly
6th Dec 2018, 13:03
Berlin TXL - Luxembourg

Opens April 2019 4pw

Loving the wide range of font sizes here, what a way to emphasise a new route :}

pabely
6th Dec 2018, 13:55
Loving the wide range of font sizes here, what a way to emphasise a new route :}
And I suppose if one flight gets cancelled you could walk faster than waiting for the next!

CCFAIRPORT
6th Dec 2018, 14:13
6 new routes from Krakow

Bari
Berlin TXL
Catania
Copenhagen
Rimini
Thessaloniki

racedo
6th Dec 2018, 17:16
6 new routes from Krakow

Bari
Berlin TXL
Catania
Copenhagen
Rimini
Thessaloniki

Does that mean they killing off the Krakow - Malmo route ?

boyzinblue
11th Dec 2018, 13:56
Ryanair to leave Leipzig/Halle and base a second aircraft at Memminigen from March 2019.

mwm991
11th Dec 2018, 16:35
That's Ryanair for you. Don't give them what they want and they'll be off like a shot.

davidjohnson6
11th Dec 2018, 18:24
I find it surprising that neither Leipzig nor Dresden is able to support a meaningful LCC presence, beyond summer seasonal beach routes

toledoashley
11th Dec 2018, 20:17
I have literally just landed back from Dresden. I have used the Leipzig service before, but not being daily was a pain. From Dresden you have the option of 2 hours to Berlin or 2 hours to Prague - I took the Prague route, but yesterday there was the German rail strike and today there was a fatality on the line so it took 3 1/2 hours and I nearly missed the flight out of PRG! I would warmly welcome a service to either - but I fear that LCC's are going to favour Berlin or Prague.

CCFAIRPORT
13th Dec 2018, 10:02
Memmingen - Chania

2pw

03/04/2019

eu01
17th Dec 2018, 07:13
"No-deal Brexit travel warning: don’t go on holiday after March 29" writes The Sunday Times pertaining to the yet unpublished UK Government's guidance advising to not book holidays after next March. The threatening disorder is more or less what Michael O'Leary has been talking about for a long time now, yet somehow Ryanair schedules for next Summer season do not seem to take this into account. Moreover, FR seems to be having worse prerogatives to fly between the UK and Continental Europe in comparison to, say, easyJet on intra-EU routes, the latter having registered its easyJet Europe GmbH. Is there any plan B out there? So much spare capacity to dispatch everywhere, so overwhelming mess in schedules around if hard Brexit becomes a reality?

AirportPlanner1
17th Dec 2018, 08:35
"No-deal Brexit travel warning: don’t go on holiday after March 29" writes The Sunday Times pertaining to the yet unpublished UK Government's guidance advising to not book holidays after next March. The threatening disorder is more or less what Michael O'Leary has been talking about for a long time now, yet somehow Ryanair schedules for next Summer season do not seem to take this into account. Moreover, FR seems to be having worse prerogatives to fly between the UK and Continental Europe in comparison to, say, easyJet on intra-EU routes, the latter having registered its easyJet Europe GmbH. Is there any plan B out there? So much spare capacity to dispatch everywhere, so overwhelming mess in schedules around if hard Brexit becomes a reality?

I thought a Ryanair UK is opening in January? Not sure whether they can get sufficient aircraft re-registered in time, mind you. Of course under worse case nightmare scenario it wouldn’t matter anyway as no one would be going anywhere, except Flybe, Eastern etc domestically!

PPRuNeUser0176
17th Dec 2018, 12:04
FR have the no deal line in the T&Cs.

CCFAIRPORT
18th Dec 2018, 11:40
Poznan - Zadar
Krakow - Zadar

2pw begins April 2019

CCFAIRPORT
21st Dec 2018, 09:16
Brussels Charleroi - Béziers
3 pw
opens 04/2019

Porto - Brest
2pw
opens 04/2019

southside bobby
21st Dec 2018, 11:13
First RUK/Ryanair UK a/c registered on GINFO 20.12.18 = G-RUKA to Ryanair UK Ltd,Enterprise House,Stansted Airport ex EI-FEF.

CCFAIRPORT
21st Dec 2018, 13:56
London STN - Vigo
Milan MXP - Almeria

2pw
Begins 04/2019

southside bobby
21st Dec 2018, 14:11
STN-Vigo could be interesting...Is that the seasonal Air Nostrum destination from LTN?...

pabely
21st Dec 2018, 15:52
STN-Vigo could be interesting...Is that the seasonal Air Nostrum destination from LTN?...

Yes it was but very doubtful it would have been back with Wizzair starting Porto just down the road.

CCFAIRPORT
21st Dec 2018, 16:07
Madrid - Milan MXP
Daily
Begins 04/2019

CCFAIRPORT
21st Dec 2018, 16:16
Bologna - Podgorica
Bologna - Heraklion
Bergamo - Katowice
Bergamo - Zadar
Bergamo - Kalamata
Bergamo - Zante
Pisa - Kalamata
Nuremberg - Pisa
Nuremberg - Naples
Milan MXP - Berlin TXL
Milan MXP - Heraklion
rodez - London STN
Kalamata - London STN
Kalamata - Sofia

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Dec 2018, 21:59
I just noticed that only 3 ryanair flights are still on sale for S19 ! Is the base already closed for next summer ?

CCFAIRPORT
23rd Dec 2018, 22:01
Is Burgas base already closed for S19?

darren1
24th Dec 2018, 10:46
EIN-ZAD starts in April

CCFAIRPORT
26th Dec 2018, 14:00
Paphos - Berlin TXL
Paphos - Kiev
Paphos - Mykonos

All starts April 2019

southside bobby
3rd Jan 2019, 08:06
Ryanair carried 10.3 million passengers in December + 11% with the load factor unchanged at 95%.Rolling 12 months figure to 139.2 million passengers + 8%.

oldart
3rd Jan 2019, 08:57
Just had my booking from Manchester to Stuttgart flight in May cancelled, Ryanair stated it was for commercial reasons. Now having to use Easyjet out of Edinburgh.

CCFAIRPORT
3rd Jan 2019, 09:31
Just had my booking from Manchester to Stuttgart flight in May cancelled, Ryanair stated it was for commercial reasons. Now having to use Easyjet out of Edinburgh.

you can fly with flybe from BHX ! don't know if it's easier ?

southside bobby
3rd Jan 2019, 15:19
Ryanair UK Ltd has been awarded it`s UK AOC today.

oldart
4th Jan 2019, 10:14
you can fly with flybe from BHX ! don't know if it's easier ?
Thanks for that, however the same dates cost £85 more with Flybe plus extra cost of train from Durham. Their quote was supposed to be in a sale as well.

pee
4th Jan 2019, 19:51
A nice surprise, new route from Berlin SXF to Lappeenranta announced today, starting on 1st of April. In my opinion such a route will sell extremely well. Not only Finns, but also Russians from St. Petersburg will use it on their way to Germany. An agreement with a bus company could help to promote St. Petersburg as a destination for the Berliners, hopefully it will be arranged. On the other hand, the frequency of flights will be just twice a week and that can lead to relatively high level of fares on that route. That's my prediction anyway.

mik3bravo
5th Jan 2019, 08:25
Sky News: Ryanair named worst short-haul airline for sixth year in a row, according to survey

http://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-named-worst-short-haul-airline-for-sixth-year-in-a-row-according-to-survey-11599298

Oddly, the Which survey did not take into account fare prices.

Paradoxically, UK customers and millions of other European customers continue choosing to fly with Ryanair over any other low cost airlines, and it seems total airfare cost continues to be the most important factor driving customer behaviours. Interesting.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1057x692/screen_shot_2018_05_15_at_09_07_12_2a8796cc42bb6422be859d3d1 a4b65bbe31220d0.png

oldart
5th Jan 2019, 08:40
Shame it costs more to take a 15kg case than the cost of the passengers fare, is this to take account of some over weight passengers?

mik3bravo
5th Jan 2019, 10:14
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x426/rr_map_fattest_country_v1_d83ea1ada0dd4ccdc6572607b1d7f2b956 fd5565.jpg
Shame it costs more to take a 15kg case than the cost of the passengers fare, is this to take account of some over weight passengers?

People are becoming heavier body weights in Western Europe according to WHO reports. You may be onto something, and could be a growing factor on fuel burning cost, perhaps.

racedo
5th Jan 2019, 11:11
Sky News: Ryanair named worst short-haul airline for sixth year in a row, according to survey

http://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-named-worst-short-haul-airline-for-sixth-year-in-a-row-according-to-survey-11599298

Oddly, the Which survey did not take into account fare prices.

Paradoxically, UK customers and millions of other European customers continue choosing to fly with Ryanair over any other low cost airlines, and it seems total airfare cost continues to be the most important factor driving customer behaviours. Interesting.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1057x692/screen_shot_2018_05_15_at_09_07_12_2a8796cc42bb6422be859d3d1 a4b65bbe31220d0.png

Garbage survey because it is of Which Members who provide Zero proof they have actually flown during a particular time period. There is no independent verification that people actually fly.

Secondly as survey has been going for years then anybody who has declared that they will never fly with X Airline again should be automatically excluded in commenting on said Airline in following year.

Wonder if an independent audit was taken of those taking part in the survey. How many would show people claiming year after year they would never fly with X Airline again and then lo and behold they commenting on said airline in a survey and claim to have flown.

mik3bravo
5th Jan 2019, 11:28
Did any airline, airline industry service provider, or public affairs lobbist acting directly or indirectly for any aviation industry participant, either fund or provide non-funding support to the survey? You see where I'm going with this . . . . :ok:

racedo
5th Jan 2019, 12:41
Did any airline, airline industry service provider, or public affairs lobbist acting directly or indirectly for any aviation industry participant, either fund or provide non-funding support to the survey? You see where I'm going with this . . . . :ok:

None of the above.

Which ? is what it says it is. A consumer organisation paid for by Subscription, Did they do the survey ? The answer would be yes. I was a member for 20 odd years.

However then it starts to breakdown a bit. It is very much a "Middle class", Daily Mail reader type organisation. The issue is that they provide no proof that people who fill in one of their survets are real users of the product they are surveying, secondly if you have thrashed an organisation and would shout "I would never use them again", then you should be automatically exlcuded from commenting on them in following year.

Surveys previously have shown BA to be best Airline even when they left thousands at airports through strikes etc.

ATNotts
5th Jan 2019, 12:57
I suspect the Which? members are largely people of advancing years who hark back to the days of free meals, free bags, free seat selection etc and for the most part travel on legacy carriers that still offer some of these frills. They would only have to have one experience of Ryanair to realise the world isn't like that anymore but it wouldn't stop them complaining that everything is "wrong2 with Ryanair.

If their recent passenger figures and profits are any measure then they are satisfying the mass market end of the industry, and to be honest if I ran an airline as successful as Ryanyair I would take diddly squat notice of reports by the likes of Which?.

MerchantVenturer
5th Jan 2019, 13:25
Which?'s survey is not scientifically based is it? Aren't all members simply asked for their views?

Not all people of advancing years are wrapped up in the past when it comes to comparing lowcost airlines with legacy carriers of yesteryear. Many of us realise and accept that life moves on, and I'm very grateful for being able to fly to numerous destinations from my local airport which was not the case when legacy airlines prevailed.

I use easyJet and Ryanair and would not hesitate to use either again and will do so.

mik3bravo
5th Jan 2019, 13:45
Two quick observations, this survey can't be checked to deep dive the analytics, it isn't open to unbiased scrutiny. Secondly, at the end of the day, if you buy a cheap airline ticket you got to understand it is simply a vehicle to take you from A to B in a short haul market, don't expect Emirates level services, it's a bus in the sky and the Ryanair financials and KPIs don't lie, clearly Ryanairs business model is a resounding commercial success story and a massive job creator, but let's not allow those positive factors to distract attention :D

pee
5th Jan 2019, 17:16
Oh these surveys and reports... In Finland we have quite severe problem with the obesity & metabolic diseases and they didn't even mention us on the fattest countries list. What a relief... but not true. The same applies to these "worst"and "best"airlines, I guess. By the way, where the "Luthuania" is?

racedo
5th Jan 2019, 17:24
Which?'s survey is not scientifically based is it? Aren't all members simply asked for their views?

Not all people of advancing years are wrapped up in the past when it comes to comparing lowcost airlines with legacy carriers of yesteryear. Many of us realise and accept that life moves on, and I'm very grateful for being able to fly to numerous destinations from my local airport which was not the case when legacy airlines prevailed.

I use easyJet and Ryanair and would not hesitate to use either again and will do so.

Correct it is not scientifically based but media using it as someone a "MAJOR" snapshot of the industry when in reality the number of people involved amounts to 3 days pax for Ryanair at Gatwick.

It is a self publicity action for Which.............. nothing more.

oldart
6th Jan 2019, 09:34
Would it be fair to say that a younger person going away for a weeks break, would be more likely to take just cabin luggage than maybe an older person like myself? To save the odd £40 I have tried to take less clothing, just does not work for me. In my case I refuse to pay extra for a seat and don't mind waiting a few more minutes to disembark from the plane.

mik3bravo
6th Jan 2019, 11:18
Would it be fair to say that a younger person going away for a weeks break, would be more likely to take just cabin luggage than maybe an older person like myself? To save the odd £40 I have tried to take less clothing, just does not work for me. In my case I refuse to pay extra for a seat and don't mind waiting a few more minutes to disembark from the plane.
Funny thing is, everyone gets on and off the plane and can go nowhere until everyone's on the bus to take you too the terminal at likes of Stansted. For destination airports where a bus isn't required then I suppose sitting in 1C or 2D can make the difference. If you need to sit together then I suppose it makes sense to book your seats to guarantee being sat together as a group otherwise it's Russian Roulette :O

ericlday
6th Jan 2019, 11:44
Everyone is in such a rush, for what I don't know,they end up a few people in front of me at passport control or the red traffic lights down the road. Patience is in short supply in this modern day.

davidjohnson6
6th Jan 2019, 11:59
Those of us without luggage in the hold and travelling onwards from the airport by public transport know from bitter experience that buses/trains tend to leave maybe every 30 mins or every hour; miss that onward connection and you can have a rather long and annoying wait

Even if there is a need to board a bus from aircraft steps to the terminal it is still worth being quick to deboard the plane - at many airports if there are 2 buses to ferry pax, the 1st bus will often leave once full and not wait for the stragglers; boarding the 2nd bus can mean that (allowing for the queue of 90 pax to be processed by immigration) it takes an extra 10 mins before reaching the bus stop / train station

If going somewhere as part of a daytrip or two day weekend, a delay of half an hour in the middle of the day really does eat quite significantly into the time available when shops/businesses/museums are open

Sharklet_321
6th Jan 2019, 18:24
Someone from FR should be able to confirm whether they are actually basing 3 738's at SEN or whether it will actually be Lauda 320's??? Can someone/anyone confirm???

tophat27dt
6th Jan 2019, 18:49
Someone from FR should be able to confirm whether they are actually basing 3 738's at SEN or whether it will actually be Lauda 320's??? Can someone/anyone confirm???
RYR pilots due to start at SEN in April say all three based aircraft will be B738. No plans, at the moment, to bring in the A320s.

racedo
7th Jan 2019, 17:42
For destination airports where a bus isn't required then I suppose sitting in 1C or 2D can make the difference.

Yup it does.

Travelling with mates for a weekend wedding and staying on Northside of Dublin the 4 of us exited the plane first, got through immigration and straight into a taxi and standing in a bar for 1st beer 25 mins after doors opened on plane. 2 couples with hold bags arrived 40 minutes after us and struggled to beleive until bar man confirmed it we have beat them by so much time.

AirportPlanner1
7th Jan 2019, 19:17
For destination airports where a bus isn't required then I suppose sitting in 1C or 2D can make the difference

Of course the back row also works and they charge a premium for it...though I’ve found on the last sector of the day they don’t always open it!

Expressflight
8th Jan 2019, 08:12
I don't know where that rumour started but as far as I know it will be three B737-800SFP aircraft from the start.

DC3 Dave
8th Jan 2019, 08:42
I stand to be corrected, but I believe all FR 738's delivered since May 2017 are SFP type.

Obviously the decision to take that variant would have been made sometime before then, and someone would have been charged with producing reports on airports that came into play with that aircraft.

I guess SEN was fortunate (some may say - some not) to be at just the right stage of development for Ryanair to show interest.

Sober Lark
8th Jan 2019, 11:47
Flying FRA-DUB last Sunday. Passengers were advised the overhead lockers were for cabin baggage only and that all coats and jumpers etc were to go under the seat in front of you. Is this a new policy?

Scottie Dog
8th Jan 2019, 12:36
Flying FRA-DUB last Sunday. Passengers were advised the overhead lockers were for cabin baggage only and that all coats and jumpers etc were to go under the seat in front of you. Is this a new policy?

Oh jolly good, can I send Ryanair the bill for cleaning my coat/jumper once it's been where others shoe have been? 😉

racedo
8th Jan 2019, 12:55

Nope as they have alwasy stated that when ovehead lockers are full. If not there is generally no issue.

Sober Lark
8th Jan 2019, 13:34
Nope as they have alwasy stated that when ovehead lockers are full. If not there is generally no issue.

The thought never crossed my mind that I could be requested to do so. My coat and jacket was never going under the seat in front. They were polite and didn't insist.

Perhaps there are issues in having 'sold' all the bin space to passengers there is only the space in front of the seat left available to you. Would you have any idea how many bags of Ryanair's stated size they can stow in the overhead lockers?

Big Bins (2002 onwards) 125
Pivot Bins (2010) 132 bags
Space Bins (2015) 194

Sober Lark
8th Jan 2019, 13:35
Coat hooks on side of seat would be handy. Could have done with one of them on my last Ryanair flight. It isn't just being able to hang your coat but also being able to keep things in the pockets of the coat and being able to reach for them when and as needed during the flight and to put on your coat quicker when leaving the plane.
I really think coat hooks would help speed boarding and de-boarding.

Very good idea

brian_dromey
8th Jan 2019, 13:51
The thought never crossed my mind that I could be requested to do so. My coat and jacket was never going under the seat in front. They were polite and didn't insist.

Perhaps there are issues in having 'sold' all the bin space to passengers there is only the space in front of the seat left available to you. Would you have any idea how many bags of Ryanair's stated size they can stow in the overhead lockers?

Big Bins (2002 onwards) 125
Pivot Bins (2010) 132 bags
Space Bins (2015) 194

At one point Ryanair were guaranteeing 90 bags in the cabin. I think the numbers you have listed are for the -900ER/-9MAX. Google suggests 174 for the Space Bins compared to 118 for the Pivot bins for the -800/-8MAX. The big innovation is getting bags on their short side, rather than flat. 174 would seems a realistic number even for very full FR flights.

racedo
8th Jan 2019, 17:14
Not an original idea. Other carriers have them and I use them. Ryanair just went one step too far with the cost-cutting there. Supposedly the new cabin was to have the coat hook but I didn't see it on the sky interior planes

On a BA aircraft circa 10 years ago that went tech because some idiot dragged at one and damaged a seat.

racedo
8th Jan 2019, 17:16
At one point Ryanair were guaranteeing 90 bags in the cabin. I think the numbers you have listed are for the -900ER/-9MAX. Google suggests 174 for the Space Bins compared to 118 for the Pivot bins for the -800/-8MAX. The big innovation is getting bags on their short side, rather than flat. 174 would seems a realistic number even for very full FR flights.

When the bags were measured and controlled at the gate there were more bags getting on, since they relented on that the bags have got bigger as people want to take more. Maybe go back to old regime.

Sober Lark
8th Jan 2019, 17:17

Thank you for your replies. In all the years I've had very few problems flying Ryanair and will continue to fly with them and I guess that type of experience is more indicative of the 130 million + passengers compared to the numbers in the recent 'Which' report, which appears to reflect a small body of low-level miserableness who seem to be habitual moaners.

NorthEasterner
8th Jan 2019, 19:10
Not an original idea. Other carriers have them and I use them. Ryanair just went one step too far with the cost-cutting there. Supposedly the new cabin was to have the coat hook but I didn't see it on the sky interior planes

The latch for the tray table doubles up as a coat hook. This is only on Boeing Sky Interior aircraft.

NE

NorthEasterner
8th Jan 2019, 21:41
That hook/latch is a jacket hook, not a coat hook. I tried it. My coat was rubbing on the dirty carpet below.. The spring loaded one on the side of the headrest of an A320 is high enough for most coats.
Just put in the overhead locker then?

The only coat hooks I have seen on an aircraft was on BA and FR (table latch)

racedo
9th Jan 2019, 11:20
That took me considerably more time on my last flight. The benefit of coat hooks is to the airline in quicker turnaround times as much as to the passenger.

So how long ....10 seconds and did this mean when you exited the seat that the aisle was completely clear so you could Usain Bolt out of the plane ?

Deplaning is as quick as the slowest person so having collected jacket and being ready to go is irrelevant if person on front is shuffling along because of poor foot.

CCFAIRPORT
9th Jan 2019, 11:26
Tel Aviv - Athens 3pw
Tel Aviv - Bucharest 2pw
Tel Aviv - Sofia 2pw

All starts May 2019

racedo
9th Jan 2019, 14:54
20 to 30 seconds as I had to get what I needed out of the coat and fold it up so it would squeeze above my bag in the locker. 20 to 30 seconds X multiple passengers adds up to the difference between push back and getting the hell out of Dodge or missing your slot at a slot constrained airport.

You make the assumption that every single person does exactly the same thing in the same way. Good luck with that assumption.

Planespeaking
9th Jan 2019, 17:00
I made no such assumption that "every single person" does "exactly the same thing". You're spoiling for a fight.
Oh dear! How sad. What are you going to do when you really have something to confront. Calm down and get a life. In the meantime back in the airline industry.

Planespeaking
9th Jan 2019, 17:09
I made no such assumption that "every single person" does "exactly the same thing". You're spoiling for a fight.
Oh dear what a pathetic post. Life is too short and aviation too interesting. Grow up and listen to others opinions, right or wrong. It's called an exchange of views.

daz211
9th Jan 2019, 17:57
With 18 posts on here, I would suggest you pipe down with the provado, To gain respect for your posts and yourself on here, you need much more than a sloppy post followed up with a playground response.
Now can we all play nice.

CCFAIRPORT
10th Jan 2019, 10:33
Ryanair will close 7 routes from Hahn at the end of March

Alicante
Faro
Jerez
Lisbon
London/STN
Pisa
Tangier

Copenhagen
10th Jan 2019, 15:17
With 18 posts on here, I would suggest you pipe down with the provado, To gain respect for your posts and yourself on here, you need much more than a sloppy post followed up with a playground response.
Now can we all play nice.

i cant be the only one thinking of a former Northern Ireland based, Norwich studying poster who gets cantankerous about nothing.

CCFAIRPORT
12th Jan 2019, 10:35
One new route from Shannon to Frankfurt

1 flight per week
Opens May 2019

racedo
15th Jan 2019, 11:47
https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-closes-holidays-service-no-longer-possible-to-book-a-package-37713155.html

Not a great surprise.

Plane.Silly
16th Jan 2019, 09:48
https://www.independent.ie/life/trav...-37713155.html (https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-closes-holidays-service-no-longer-possible-to-book-a-package-37713155.html)
Not a great surprise.

The logic behind the Holidays branch was reasonable, Love them or loathe them, they already have the scale and the cost base to support this. This problem with it was that there was no real incentive to book through them than with another package holiday operator.
They'd compete against other agents, who could easily mix and match the cheapest flights when FR were a bit expensive.
They also compete with the proper Package holiday operators like TUI, Jet2 and Thomas Cook, who offer exclusive services and reps in resort to help out. Some people will gladly pay a bit more for that certainty.
All being said, i'm not surprised it's gone, you have to spend money to make money and we all know FR like to hoard as much as possible

racedo
18th Jan 2019, 10:37
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46916389

Profit forecast cut. No great surprise as others are in same boat as well.

Stanstedeye
23rd Jan 2019, 15:22
Why is Ryanair Sun listed as operating a 330 to MPN arriving from Espargos at 08.00 today ?

davidjohnson6
23rd Jan 2019, 15:59
The Royal Air Force used to (still does ?) use IATA airline code RR. I believe Ryanair Sun may also use RR as well

For flights to the Falkland Islands, you can probably guess which one it is... :-)

CCFAIRPORT
26th Jan 2019, 13:21
4 new routes

Kyiv - Hahn
Kyiv - Karlsruhe Baden
Kyiv - Nuremberg
Kyiv- Weeze

All Begins Oct 2019

southside bobby
29th Jan 2019, 10:00
Laudamotion is now a 100% owned subsidiary of Ryanair Holdings PLC stating that Ryanair purchased the remaining quarter at the end of December.

CCFAIRPORT
29th Jan 2019, 11:34
Poitiers - Manchester

Begins 05 June 2019 till 28/08

2pw

davidjohnson6
2nd Feb 2019, 07:22
Report on CH Aviation about MOL saying Ryanair would consider buying up airlines with between 10 and 50 aircraft, and the company becoming a holding group

Obvious questions:
1 - why ?
2 - who would be likely companies of interest ?

AirportPlanner1
2nd Feb 2019, 09:07
Obvious questions:
1 - why ?

1. Access to crew?
2. When their classics go Blue Air would be right size, same fleet and existing FR destinations which could become new bases.

racedo
2nd Feb 2019, 13:03
Report on CH Aviation about MOL saying Ryanair would consider buying up airlines with between 10 and 50 aircraft, and the company becoming a holding group

Obvious questions:
1 - why ?

Why because gives you access to certain markets that you currently not serving and allows someone else to build it up to a certain level before buying. Also a name may mean more in a certain market than Ryanair i.e. Lauda.

Also which is frequently overlooked is that enables you to train management team, give people responsibility for a small airline and see have they the capability to doing something bigger or not as the case may be.

Additionally you can trial things in different markets to see what people like and don't like be it baggage charges, seating plans etc etc

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Feb 2019, 08:33
Q3 loss of 20m, blames excess capacity.

inOban
4th Feb 2019, 08:47
But the commentators largely blame increased fuel costs and higher wages, both up by over 30%. Revenue per seat has actually risen, but by not nearly enough to cover. It seems to me that FR no longer have a lower cost base than their competitors.

compton3bravo
4th Feb 2019, 08:49
I see Bonderman is going in 2020, yippee well he is 76 years old.

vikingivesterled
4th Feb 2019, 14:24
2. When their classics go Blue Air would be right size, same fleet and existing FR destinations which could become new bases.

Why would they buy up somebody with the same destinations, instead of just directly competing them into virtual oblivion.
More likely Ryanair Holding is MOL's take on IAG in a way that Ryanair can continue to be his powerbase but he himself can concentrate on new ventures. Since I doubt he'll be content as a regal overseer doing aircraft deals I could see him follow one of his long held ambition to do a proper low-cost take on the transatlantic. Ryanair shareolders said no to do it under Ryanair proper, but as a separate entity under a holding company it would be a different proposal.
A good start could have been to shop that part out of Norwegian in a way that it wouldn't create a capital base for Norwegian to compete better in the European market. Norwegain could do well to retrench/concentrate its longhaul on Scandinavia to Asia (with a bit of Japanese pension fund lease-investments) and Europe to South America.

racedo
4th Feb 2019, 21:19
Q3 loss of 20m, blames excess capacity.

Bearing in mind the issues with airlines everywhere I think this is part of the issue. Making €1 Billion is year is not to be sneezed at.

Fares dropping 6% is roughly €2 a head, x 33 Million Pax it wipes out loss. Balance is between getting bums on seats and empty aircraft and they are doing the bums on seats bit.

racedo
4th Feb 2019, 21:21
I see Bonderman is going in 2020, yippee well he is 76 years old.

Not sure why Yippee as he came on board for long term and they take long term decisions rather than the Wall St way of 1 bad quarter of earnings and you are out of a job.

racedo
4th Feb 2019, 21:25
Why would they buy up somebody with the same destinations, instead of just directly competing them into virtual oblivion.
More likely Ryanair Holding is MOL's take on IAG in a way that Ryanair can continue to be his powerbase but he himself can concentrate on new ventures. Since I doubt he'll be content as a regal overseer doing aircraft deals I could see him follow one of his long held ambition to do a proper low-cost take on the transatlantic. Ryanair shareolders said no to do it under Ryanair proper, but as a separate entity under a holding company it would be a different proposal.
A good start could have been to shop that part out of Norwegian in a way that it wouldn't create a capital base for Norwegian to compete better in the European market. Norwegain could do well to retrench/concentrate its longhaul on Scandinavia to Asia (with a bit of Japanese pension fund lease-investments) and Europe to South America.

Ryanair DAC, Ryanair Sun, Laudamotion and Ryanair UK are part of holding company.

Some because of the opportunities that will allow growth, some because of the issues of Brexit where they needed to set up a separate legal entity.

AirportPlanner1
4th Feb 2019, 21:32
Why would they buy up somebody with the same destinations, instead of just directly competing them into virtual oblivio.

There is a big difference between having the same destinations and having strength in those markets. I’m sure American served Phoenix, but that didn’t stop them taking on America West.

vikingivesterled
4th Feb 2019, 22:07
Ryanair DAC, Ryanair Sun, Laudamotion and Ryanair UK are part of holding company.
Some because of the opportunities that will allow growth, some because of the issues of Brexit where they needed to set up a separate legal entity.

Ryanair Ltd. was already a holding company for different entities they have been trying out as separate companies over the years. Like the customer center ryanair.com (with its own CEO) and Ryanair Labs, plus others for pure tax purposes. And LaudaMotion was already held by it. There must be more to the story of splitting out and setting up another layer of Admin above Ryanair DAC, or normal as I would call it. And are they really going to do complete separate accounts for all the entities, with their own stock market listings and required reporting, to the letter of the shareholding, control and governance required for being seen as "native" in each market. That is not exactly keeping the costs down. But that last part has maybe quietly been forgotten in this new era of Brexitering and keeping up with the Walshes.

racedo
4th Feb 2019, 23:36
Ryanair Ltd. was already a holding company for different entities they have been trying out as separate companies over the years. Like the customer center ryanair.com (with its own CEO) and Ryanair Labs, plus others for pure tax purposes. And LaudaMotion was already held by it. There must be more to the story of splitting out and setting up another layer of Admin above Ryanair DAC, or normal as I would call it. And are they really going to do complete separate accounts for all the entities, with their own stock market listings and required reporting, to the letter of the shareholding, control and governance required for being seen as "native" in each market. That is not exactly keeping the costs down. But that last part has maybe quietly been forgotten in this new era of Brexitering and keeping up with the Walshes.

You don't do separate stock market listings for every company you have a single one in a group structure. They already do separate accounts for each entity anyway.

I am aware as a shareholder that ABF (Primark / British Sugar etc etc) have anything up to 1000 separate entities that it does business through. Some will be new ones opening, some will be dormant and not trading, some will be new.

I once teased a drinking buddy who was a Company Secretary, questioned whether he had the legs for a short skirt ( he replied in kind). He explained what he did and at the small £100 million Sales company he worked for there were 45 different companys looked after and he was listed at Companies house as a board member for every single company. On one occasion he did 10 board meetings in a day, sounded ominous but he was on conference call with MD and they went through agenda items changing stuff on each company as required and recording it. He said it lasted 1 hour but it is the normal way of doing business in big companies because the small companys may be set up for a single reason.

House builders do this all the time when building houses on a site apparently, often multiple companys if it is houses and apartments.

LGS6753
5th Feb 2019, 09:55
Ryanair will be opening new bases at Bordeaux and Marseilles during summer 2019 (already reported). Blue Swan are reporting that talks are under way to open a further base at Toulouse-Blagnac in either W19 or S20.

vikingivesterled
5th Feb 2019, 11:22
You don't do separate stock market listings for every company you have a single one in a group structure. They already do separate accounts for each entity anyway.

If there becomes a Brexit tit for and tat since EU companies have to have a more than 50% EU shareholding, then to be seen as a UK company it must be majority owned by UK shareholders. And rumours have it also have a certain amount of UK citicens on its board to show its UK controlled. Will Ryanair UK be a UK company in that respect. How will the EU company Rynair Holding as a necessarily minority stakeholder keep forever control then. Possibly they will have to operate more like an alliance, RyanairWorld if you like, which could open possibilities in many markets.

racedo
5th Feb 2019, 16:33
If there becomes a Brexit tit for and tat since EU companies have to have a more than 50% EU shareholding, then to be seen as a UK company it must be majority owned by UK shareholders. And rumours have it also have a certain amount of UK citicens on its board to show its UK controlled. Will Ryanair UK be a UK company in that respect. How will the EU company Rynair Holding as a necessarily minority stakeholder keep forever control then. Possibly they will have to operate more like an alliance, RyanairWorld if you like, which could open possibilities in many markets.

There is something called Grandfathered rights which will mean that airline as a Ltd company can stay in place but they cannot set up a new company and it doesn't get backdated.

Set up of board is actually irrelevant as can have 10 board members, 9 UK and 1 EU and 1 EU controls what happens because even though the 9 have 50.01 of the shares the EU person is guaranteeing the company's debts. On paper no control but Company Law deems it as Shadow director and shadow control.

UK won't want to go down that route because reciprocal is that every UK business in EU then has to have separate board with 50% plus of shareholders being EU citizens and holding shares.

CCFAIRPORT
6th Feb 2019, 09:53
Ryanair will be opening new bases at Bordeaux and Marseilles during summer 2019 (already reported). Blue Swan are reporting that talks are under way to open a further base at Toulouse-Blagnac in either W19 or S20.

The scheduled of the evening STN flight (Mon / Sat) for W19/20 from TLS shows that TLS could be a base !
TLS 1710 . STN 1810
STN 1835 . TLS 2125

However Ryanair will close the MAD route from March 30th and the WMI route will be not anymore in service for this summer

LGS6753
6th Feb 2019, 13:22
Blue Swan report the following corporate reorganisation:

Ryanair (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/airlines/ryanair-fr) outlined (04-Feb-2019) the following group restructuring plans for 2019:

Over the next 12 months, Ryanair Holdings (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/airlines/ryanair-fr) will move to a group structure not dissimilar to that of IAG (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/airline-groups/international-airlines-group-iag);
A small senior management team will oversee the development of four airline subsidiaries: Ryanair DAC, Laudamotion, Ryanair Sun and Ryanair UK (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/airlines/ryanair-uk), each with their own CEOs and management teams;
Ryanair Holdings (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/airline-groups/ryanair-holdings-plc) will focus upon efficient capital allocation, cost reductions, aircraft acquisitions and small scale M&A opportunities;
To lead the group structure, Ryanair DAC CEO Michael O’Leary will become group CEO;
A replacement CEO of Ryanair DAC, who will work alongside the CEOs of Laudamotion and Ryanair Sun, will be appointed later in 2019;
The group CEO will be assisted in Ryanair Holdings by small group legal and group finance teams;
As the group expands Laudamotion’s Airbus (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/suppliers/airbus) fleet and takes delivery of more than 200 Boeing (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/suppliers/boeing) 737 (https://centreforaviation.com/data/profiles/aircraft/737) MAX aircraft, improved cost and operating efficiencies will enable the group to look at other small scale M&A opportunities such as the development of Laudamotion.