View Full Version : Ryanair-10

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

heidelberg
15th Oct 2017, 22:59
Strange that as of now - just before midnight Sunday - Ryanair are the only airline not announcing cancelled flights to/from DUB for to-morrow due to Hurricane Ophelia?

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Oct 2017, 23:14
It's their usual policy, run a heavily delayed schedule unless they have to cancel if the airport closes for example. Now given recent crewing, will they have the resources?

They will only be able to board via front doors for a lot of the day if forecasts are correct and that will cause it's own disruption to punctuality.

But to be fair most flights cancelled are smaller jets, BA canceling all flights from lunchtime is probally a good thing for everybody considering some comments make by crew before!

mik3bravo
16th Oct 2017, 07:19
alternatively, find another forum

Play the ball, not the man

heidelberg
16th Oct 2017, 08:21
With forecasted wind gusts of 140kph I would not be at all happy climbing any stairs outside of my house to-day!
Also, to prevent jet ways damaging aircraft due to wind gusts this will lead to more delays.
In summary Airports are effectively closed - or should be closed - due to violent gusts of wind during the day.
Passengers and air/ground crews and airport staff movement have also to be taken into account.
Reports are coming in of businesses throughout Ireland staying closed. All schools are closed. Buses and Trains cancelled.
There is a duty of care by employers to their employees. All airlines have the same duty of care.

RAT 5
16th Oct 2017, 08:47
With forecasted wind gusts of 140kph

Short field landing techniques to be practiced RW16 at DUB. X-wind landing techniques to be practiced RW24 SNN. Come on guys, what an opportunity for the cadets. Ask the Boeing guys over to up the demo'd x-wind limit. Get some positive out of this. :ouch:

Plane.Silly
16th Oct 2017, 10:06
I Agree, this makes a great opportunity, but at what point does it go from a training opportunity into plain lunacy.

I'm no pilot, but something like that would scare the #### outta me

leadinghand
16th Oct 2017, 11:15
On a totally unrelated point.Why do Ryanair appear to always land heavily?

TheMightyAtom
16th Oct 2017, 17:04
The short answer is, because the 800 is a pig

Reacher19
16th Oct 2017, 20:43

Bags loaded in front hold so always nose heavy and a lot of cadets!

fireflybob
17th Oct 2017, 07:46

Always? I've been on countless Ryanair flights where the touchdown has been as smooth as silk.

Also there is a difference between "heavy" (exceeding max G limit for landing and therefore requiring engineering inspection etc) and "firm" which landing on shorter runways especially when contaminated may be the safest course of action.

DublinPole
17th Oct 2017, 10:58
Peter Bellew to return as COO

Cyrano
17th Oct 2017, 13:14
Yes indeed. (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/peter-bellew-returns-to-ryanair-as-chief-operations-officer-1.3259066)

RAT 5
17th Oct 2017, 14:26
:ugh:The short answer is, because the 800 is a pig

Oh? I did have to adjust my flare/touchdown technique from -700 to -800, and then it did not present a porky problem; short, long runway or x-winds. If it was not ideal I took the blame not the a/c.

Bags loaded in front hold so always nose heavy and a lot of cadets!

The trim switch is on the upper control column.

TheMightyAtom
17th Oct 2017, 17:45
Au contraire, that would be saying the objective of a good landing is 'smoothness' as measured by the punters.

Which you know it isn't, my point was that the 800 seems to present a subjectively 'harder' touchdown, when used with appropriate technique, than the rest of 737 family. I haven't flown the 900, but I hear that is much better in this regard - certainly the 700 is.

We all love a greaser, even though we know it doesn't mean anything. Especially in the 800 it often seems more to do with the alignment of Saturn than whatever faffing you did to the controls.

Gurnard
20th Oct 2017, 14:53
FR9078 #7700
Any ideas why EI-FRM (FR9078) ALC-LBA squawked 7700 and diverted to BOH this afternoon?

NorthEasterner
21st Oct 2017, 08:42
Most likely a medical on board - seeing it continued on to LBA after diverting.

racedo
31st Oct 2017, 11:17
H1 Results | Ryanair's Corporate Website (http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/h1-results/)

H1 Results.

mik3bravo
9th Nov 2017, 11:16
Flash Sale - 250,000 tickets from £9.99

Just received email. Seems flogging seriously cheap seats. Defensive action?

Book by midnight Nov 12th. Travel from Jan - Mar 2018.

Plane.Silly
9th Nov 2017, 11:43
Not a defensive action, they come round quite regularly. They're just trying to shift seats on the worst performing flights. often the case when you have too much capacity and trying to artificially create demand (people can't resist a bargain)

southside bobby
9th Nov 2017, 12:08
Or a way of adding to or bolstering the full year forecast profit of 1.5 billion Euro profit :))
Luvely Jubbly :))

inOban
9th Nov 2017, 12:32
Only if they can sell you lots of extras. Isn't £9.99 less than APD?

DC3 Dave
9th Nov 2017, 13:01
APD is £13. Please note tickets are available from £9.99

southside bobby
9th Nov 2017, 13:47
inOban...
Yes of course isn`t that the name of the game?.. "ancillary`s dear boy..ancillary`s " ...
Ryanair do nought by chance there will be a formula/algorithm for that..
Yes & Dave is correct with the subtlety...

daz211
9th Nov 2017, 14:10
I don’t matter even if they sold seats for £5 the A/C is going anyway add booked seats, bags, food etc it’s all money in the bag.

SARF
9th Nov 2017, 17:41
I can't say I like Ryan air as a firm. But they get the job done.. turn up, shut up, get on, get off .. I also agree with their breakdown of prices. Turn up with no hold bags and pay less. I'm not sure it it was Ryanair that pioneered this but they certainly made it a selling point.
I would sooner fly easyJet, but Ryan air do the times and locations I require..
The dumping of cheap seats is to keep the competition out and is probably illegal , possibly

Plane.Silly
10th Nov 2017, 07:02
@SARF

I believe it was Southwest Airlines that gave Ryanair the LCC model, which Ryanair then fine-tunes to give the ULCC.
You may have your preference, but at the end of the day, they're there to get you from A to B, which they do pretty well (not perfectly though)
Also i don't think it's an illegal practice. the seats belong to Ryanair, ergo, they do what they want with them. As long as everyone gets paid at the end and the customer get from A to B, they're doing nothing wrong. Ethically could be a different matter, testing the limits of customer comfort and trying to fleece them of everything on the way. On the flipside, everyone is doing that to a degree, so i can't see a problem here

mik3bravo
10th Nov 2017, 07:24
The lowest fares typically clustered around departure times at the fringes and that's the case with this latest FR bonanza. Just priced up a redeye 06:30 to Dublin, oneway, preselected seat row 33 (33% reduction btw) and priority boarding, total ticket price comes to £18. Not bad provided you are up for getting onto the M25/M11 athe crazy o'clock to avoid the tail back traffic jam into Stansted at that hour of the morning. To be honest if you're dealing with time delays likes of the jams on the roads into Stansted and by time you hop on mid stay shuttle and get into terminal, you'd be better off also booking fast track through security too to avoid the Stansted chaos at security. All of that ordeal to then stand on stairwells at the gate, ushered to the aircraft steps for another wait while cabin crew whizz through a cabin soft clean up. If that's the experience you're happy to accept for such low prices, then it's fine. It's not for everyone.

RAT 5
10th Nov 2017, 08:36
If that's the experience you're happy to accept for such low prices, then it's fine. It's not for everyone.

Why does nobody mention the very high prices that are sometimes charged on RYR; e.g. the prime routes at prime times, and you still receive the level of service you mentioned. RYR does not offer only fire-sale prices; it can also be higher than full service competitors.

mik3bravo
10th Nov 2017, 09:09
Totally agree. In fact, I recently did a pricing comparison for a trip I want to take to Dublin with friends.

Looked at Ryanair, BA, Aer Lingus, Cityjet, and FlyBe.

You are correct. Ryanair were pretty much similar pricing to many of the others. The only notable competively priced was actually FlyBe from SEN to DUB. Being honest, I'm living off the A13 and SEN is actually the most convenient drive for me, parking is cheapest, and terminal passenger experience is excellent compared to crazyville that is either Stansted or Gatwick. City is alright but parking costs are extortionate and frankly down right gorging of customers so I'm trying to avoid using City unless it's last resort.

mik3bravo
10th Nov 2017, 09:49
Was doing some research digging and happened to stumble on this gem of a clip dating back to 2015 when Michael O'Leary was keynote speaker at the British Irish Chamber of Commerce.

Interesting clip, puntuated with typical MOL slap tickle one liners, which are actually quite witty. Worth viewing.

https://youtu.be/e1t9YhJezak

LGS6753
11th Nov 2017, 13:16
Ryanair to employ more pilots directly after rostering fiasco (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/11/10/ryanair-employ-pilots-directly-rostering-fiasco/)

7griffinjack
11th Nov 2017, 13:35
I don’t matter even if they sold seats for £5 the A/C is going anyway add booked seats, bags, food etc it’s all money in the bag.

Not necessarily. If a seat is sold at £5 then £13 APD has to be paid in tax. That would be a loss of £8 if no chargeable items are purchased on top of the seat price. Therefore the extra charges are vital. So if people just purchase the basic fare with no extra items at anything below £13, its an automatic loss for Ryanair before you even factor in the costs of fuel, airport charges and staff etc regardless of the fact that "the A/C is going anyway".

inOban
11th Nov 2017, 14:23
Precisely. And explains why FR regularly drop routes which seem to other posters to be popular. Just as on longhaul the premium business fares are needed to make a route profitable, so
FR need a substantial proportion of their PAX to be paying real fares, ? £50-100.

southside bobby
11th Nov 2017, 14:30
Good first line note above...
BUT.....
RYR are one of the airline world leaders in mining data & writing algorithms from that & together with their experience of being Europe`s largest pax carrier.
RYR do nothing within their booking philosophy which might be regarded as chance.
There will be an algorithm to cover or predicting IN THE TOTAL the income from any of the advertised "sales".
How to make a billion in the airline world?....install RYR`s booking software together with their route & pax anaylsis database (priceless) I would suggest.

southside bobby
11th Nov 2017, 14:47
Apologies...My post regarding "good first line above" was regarding 7griffinjacks remarks to make it clear.....inOban slotted another post in between.
inOban...Do you regard RYR have become the largest pax carrier in Europe without having thought & worked thru all fundamentals long long ago...Interesting too you regard £50 as a real fare...
Where is all the doubting coming from again is it just the "recent sale"?....They are part of a marketing strategy & have been established for many years & work positively.

inOban
11th Nov 2017, 15:32
I was pointing out to the other posters who keep expressing surprise when Ryanair pull a route which seems, they think, to be popular.

While not on the inside, I think I remember reading in their published financial reports that their costs per pax per flight are between £30 and £40. I'm sure other posters will be able to correct me.

southside bobby
11th Nov 2017, 15:59
inoban...
"costs per pax per flight are between £30 and £40".....which means??.

inOban
11th Nov 2017, 16:20
Actually, it's ca 42 euro. According to their 1st quarter results, , their revenue less profit was 1.513 bn euro for 35 million pax. That equals nearly 43euro per pax. Or am I being too simplistic?

inOban
11th Nov 2017, 16:23
I should also have mentioned that from, I think, the same document you can show that a little over 25% of their revenue doesn't come from fares.

Lon12
14th Nov 2017, 13:31
New Spanish routes.... from March

Alicante-Pardubice
Valencia-Bristol
Seville-Copenhagen
Girona-Kaunas

LEEDS APPROACH
26th Nov 2017, 17:11
I wonder if the new owners of Leeds Bradford are in discussions with Ryanair to induce the airline to offer new destinations / improved frequencies to stop LBA passenger numbers declining in 2018. It looks like yet another destination is ending next year -Montpellier.

Plane.Silly
27th Nov 2017, 07:07
I can't see pax numbers declining too much for 2018, Monarchs demise won't be as hard hitting for LBA as it is for others, since they were only a 2 unit operation. I'm sure Ryanair (and/or Jet2) will easily pick up the slack.

As for new destinations, time will indeed tell. MPL can't have been a good seller for them, and Ryanair have been known to be pretty brutal when it comes to underperforming routes. I'm pretty confident if dropped,they'll match it with somewhere else

Harry Wayfarers
27th Nov 2017, 07:39
LEEDS APPROACH

I wonder if the new owners of Leeds Bradford are in discussions with Ryanair to source for them anyone with such a thing as an ATPL to fly their aeroplanes for them!

eu01
29th Nov 2017, 09:36
Since a few days or so there seems to exist an annoying incompatibility of Ryanair booking system with several desktop browsers; the prices simply do not show up and purchases aren't possible. As other browsers as well as the cell phone application cope better and customers are able to use them, I suggest some research: what is the direct influence of limited sales option on sales and profits? Unfortunately, it's rather costly way of carrying out researches, isn't it?

Bengt
29th Nov 2017, 10:43
I had a similar experience 6 or 9 months ago. It was not browser compatibility as the same computer worked in other locations as well as when I used my mobile as wireless internet for the PC. I believe it was the IP address of the internet connection that was blocked by Ryanair for suspected screen scraping . After a couple of weeks the problem disappeared.

pallan
30th Nov 2017, 09:08
Had an interesting time getting out of Charleroi with Ryanair a couple of days ago:

We were scheduled to take off from CRL at 22:25. Flight left MAN late by an hour and we were told there would be a delay.
It got to around 22:30, announcement: 'This flight must take off before 11pm as Charleroi runway closes at this time'
Plane lands at 22:37, and by some miracle we pushed pack at 22:59 and took off a couple of minutes past 23:00

I have to say, I was pretty impressed - I know Ryanair are known for short turn arounds but this was impressive, if not stressful!

Plane.Silly
30th Nov 2017, 09:37
I always feel sorry for the Cabin crew, having to facilitate these short turnarounds, they have to rush around, but in this case it makes it much better than the alternative. They should be commended (but i bet they don't)

chaps1954
30th Nov 2017, 09:41
I am sure poax were made aware of the situation and were only to happy to get away
as I am sure were the crew who I am sure didn`t want an unplanned night stop

occasional
5th Dec 2017, 07:22
Since a few days or so there seems to exist an annoying incompatibility of Ryanair booking system with several desktop browsers; the prices simply do not show up and purchases aren't possible. As other browsers as well as the cell phone application cope better and customers are able to use them, I suggest some research: what is the direct influence of limited sales option on sales and profits? Unfortunately, it's rather costly way of carrying out researches, isn't it?

As far as I am aware, if you do not have a good internet connection, the Ryanair website has been pretty crap for the last 5 years or so - presumably something to do with using over-sophisticated software.
It is not unusual to get a screen which erroneously tells you that there are no flights to where you want to go.
What is peculiar is that airlines never seem to fix these problems.

A4
6th Dec 2017, 06:42
...and by some miracle we pushed pack at 22:59 and took off a couple of minutes past 23:00....

Try that in HAM and it’s the CAPTAIN, not the airline, who gets the €xx,000 fine! You have to be off the ground by the closure time......be careful out there......that “can do” attitude may really cost YOU.

TBSC
6th Dec 2017, 09:41
They won't turn you under an hour in that crap airport anyway.

waffler
6th Dec 2017, 13:13
https://www.independent.ie/business/world/ryanair-pilots-and-cabin-crew-in-italy-to-strike-this-december-36384645.html

Strike action planned at Ryanair

paully
6th Dec 2017, 13:37
So some brave/foolhardy folk (delete as applicable) are going to take on Michael O`Leary. Two things 1..Good Luck 2..Get the Popcorn in

supermarine
6th Dec 2017, 14:40
This should be good fun, extra large coke to go with popcorn please.:D

daz211
6th Dec 2017, 14:49
This looks interesting put me down for a ticket and a box of popcorn do they still come round in the interval with ice cream :O

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Dec 2017, 16:34
Ryanair will cut the pay and conditions of pilots at its home base in Dublin if they vote for industrial action, the airline has said.

The airline sent a memo to Dublin pilots today saying it would freeze promotions, cut cash allowances and possibly move pilots to alternative bases if pilots working out of Dublin support industrial action at ballots on today and tomorrow.

The memo said Ireland's IALPA pilots union had demanded recognition, a move which Ryanair said "simply will not happen".

A Ryanair spokeswoman said the company "did not comment on communication with our people."

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2017/1206/925481-ryanair/

Plane.Silly
7th Dec 2017, 06:31
Ryanair really don't like all this union/industrial action malarchy do they?

(hands out popcorn to paully,supermarine and daz)

airbourne
7th Dec 2017, 09:09
Its not MOL you have to be scared about, its Racedo when he comes in to deal with those fool hardy union folks!!!!

paully
7th Dec 2017, 10:48
Anyone on here remember the days of LeoHairyCamel , which was widely believed to have been O`Leary himself...Wow he certainly got things going, didn`t he. Talk about wind up :ok:..Think the Mods might have eventually banned him though ;)

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Dec 2017, 12:57
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/irish-ryanair-pilots-plan-strike-on-december-20th-1.3324473

Irish Ryanair pilots plan a one-day strike on Wednesday December 20th, their union confirmed on Tuesday

A majority of members of the Irish Airline Pilots’ Association employed by Ryanair backed industrial action in a secret ballot at the weekend.

The organisation, a branch of trade union Impact, served Ryanair management with notice of a one-day strike on Wednesday December 20th.

Irish-based directly-employed pilots, most of them captains, will withdraw their labour in an action that Impact claimed would disrupt flight and cost the airline substantial amounts.

A majority of the association’s 84 members in Ryanair voted for action. The airline employs 360 pilots in Dublin.

SealinkBF
14th Dec 2017, 02:53
Interesting times for Ryanair.

Somehow I don't think a threat to cut pay and bonuses is going to work...

Plane.Silly
14th Dec 2017, 07:35
It worked for them in the past, and maybe they assume it will still

Problem is, this is 2017 and the employee commands more respect. Unless there are masses of pilots ready and waiting to pick up the slack on the lower pay/bonus, then the incumbents have the upper hand and Ryanair will eventually have to give way (kicking and screaming all the way)

"Haven't had a strike before", there's a first time for everything, and maybe it's long overdue

DC3 Dave
14th Dec 2017, 08:13
"Problem is, this is 2017 and the employee commands more respect."

The idea of power in the hands of the workforce died in 1979.

If FR pilots take this action, they'd better be prepared for the long game and they'd better be all in this together. Anything less will result in the man dismissing pilots for breach of contract. After all, there's a recruitment drive going on. And those new people need a demonstration of what will happen if they step out of line.

Strike action could cause a lot of short term pain for FR. But, investors and the board will back MOL all the way.

True Blue
14th Dec 2017, 08:19
Investors will back them until it starts to affect share price/dividends. Then they will turn like a pack of wolves. Dangerous game for MOL and the board and I made a comment a while back that the future of Ryanair was dependent on how they managed this crisis. Evidence is not very well and they are learning little. That in itself is dangerous. You can go from being a very strong player to a weak position very quickly and there were much bigger companies than Ryanair that no longer exist.

Andy_S
14th Dec 2017, 10:14
Investors will back them until it starts to affect share price/dividends. Then they will turn like a pack of wolves.

Correct. No CEO is bigger than the company they run, and while MOL’s contribution to Ryanair’s success is unquestionable, if it’s judged that he can no longer take the company forward then his previous track record will count for little. Especially if his specific personality traits and methods are seen to be part of the problem rather than the solution.

southside bobby
14th Dec 2017, 10:18
True Blue.
mmmmmmmm...
I sense an agenda....Anyhows if in the last line the reference to "much bigger companies" contains airlines (presumably not)...name one.
It would be clearer if you could add context anyway as to why these perceived companies failed "very quickly" or just failed.
For an agenda valid criteria is very helpful...hyperbole remains thus.

True Blue
14th Dec 2017, 10:43
Sorry to disappoint you but I have no agenda of any kind. Not good to assume.

southside bobby
14th Dec 2017, 11:26
OK thanks for clarification around "agenda" at least.....
Peoples assumptions are rightly made at least here by what they read perhaps.
Not disappointed at all.

Just a spotter
14th Dec 2017, 11:43
Investors will back them until it starts to affect share price/dividends. Then they will turn like a pack of wolves. Dangerous game for MOL and the board and I made a comment a while back that the future of Ryanair was dependent on how they managed this crisis. Evidence is not very well and they are learning little. That in itself is dangerous. You can go from being a very strong player to a weak position very quickly and there were much bigger companies than Ryanair that no longer exist.

Yes, but ... one of the largest costs in a business is salaries. Increase that item and you reduce profits. Once you have increased them then that higher cost is baked in for years to come.

Higher long term operating costs may permanently reduce share price and dividends. Short term industrial disruption may possibly only impact on one financial year.

Investors can have long term as well as short term time horizons. Some short term pain to maintain a longer term goals may be acceptable.

True Blue
14th Dec 2017, 11:46
Sadly that was the point I was trying to make they don't have a long term view. It's all short term. I know because I see it every day.

inOban
14th Dec 2017, 12:07
It's very expensive if you have to keep recruiting new staff to replace those whom you have p****d off so much that they have left.
The more MOL rails against ever recognising a TU, the more one is necessary.

Harry Wayfarers
14th Dec 2017, 12:22
And it can be very expensive if one loses their job with one of only perhaps two jet airlines in their home domicile and they need to relocate to another country to work, buy/sell real estate or live a life away from home, buggesation factor, missing the wife and kids, accommodation and commuting expenses etc.

I'm no fan of MOL or Ryanair, indeed sales of popcorn should go thru the roof with this one, I'll be watching with interest but I'm not the one putting his job on the line for the audience to enjoy munching their popcorn!

paully
14th Dec 2017, 13:02
The people at Monarch had a much nicer outfit to work for, but look where they are.. Careful what they wish for.

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 07:33
Now being reported in a landmark decision MOL has written to pilots stating RYR are prepared to recognise pilot unions.

inOban
15th Dec 2017, 07:42
You beat me to it!

Ryanair moves towards recognise pilot unions - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42364502)

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 08:01
Ah only by 9 minutes :))
Monitoring popcorn & softdrink shares now as impetus possibly removed for strong sales forecast by previous posters...

Harry Wayfarers
15th Dec 2017, 08:04
Talk can be cheap!

Bernoulli
15th Dec 2017, 08:08
If we think of Ryanair as a cancer within the body of aviation in Europe then this small step takes us into the GPs surgery. It will be a long time before the patient is given the all clear as the cancer will certainly resist treatment.

Good luck to the Ryanair pilots. They'll need it.

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 08:10
Actually previous posters forecasting RYR talking to it`s pilots & meeting some of their requirements would cost RYR dear!

toon22
15th Dec 2017, 09:21
Bernoulli. What a stupid, idiotic remark to describe Ryanair as a ‘cancer’. As well as providing safe, affordable low fares to 10’s of millions of passengers across Europe, Ryanair has created thousands of well paid, secure jobs, not least for pilots. They’re not perfect but please don’t wish them dead, we’d all be poorer without them

Una Due Tfc
15th Dec 2017, 10:03
They’ll only deal with separate councils of Ryanair pilots within trade unions and permanent trade union negotiators, ie not officials from other airlines. Which sounds fair enough....

But will the contractors be covered?

Harry Wayfarers
15th Dec 2017, 10:32
Bernoulli. What a stupid, idiotic remark to describe Ryanair as a ‘cancer’. As well as providing safe, affordable low fares to 10’s of millions of passengers across Europe, Ryanair has created thousands of well paid, secure jobs, not least for pilots. They’re not perfect but please don’t wish them dead, we’d all be poorer without them

You're right, they're not a cancer, they are the pits and the pilots there, with their well paid and secure jobs, are so happy it wouldn't even dawn on them to consider strike action.

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 10:53
I think it`s accepted then that Siargao Islands are not included in the vast RYR network:))

Harry Wayfarers
15th Dec 2017, 10:58
Even the national airline here have needed to re-acquire some Q300's because their Q400's can't get in/out here ... The distance I had to travel to escape the Irish cancer ... I feel safe from them here!

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 11:11
Ahhh splendid isolation...
Queuing up to use them everywhere else tho....:)

Harry Wayfarers
15th Dec 2017, 11:19
Probably you and a million others who like a plasticised environment, herded as if you were cattle, seat backs that don't recline, stale sandwiches, warm beer and so tight or poor you want to pay nigh on bugger all for a ticket because you can't afford to pay to fly with a legacy carrier.

I'm from an era when passengers were regarded as customners rather than victims ... LOL.

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 12:12
Harry Wayfarers..hehe..
Yup spot on of course,why would I think you could believe & think otherwise...
But anyway (conversation?) over... food bank calling & soup kitchen for supper later =
Luvly Jubbly :)

compton3bravo
15th Dec 2017, 12:33
Waiting for a comment from Racedo regarding the recognition of those awful unions. Well done everybody, just goes to show what you can achieve when you stick together.

airbourne
15th Dec 2017, 14:12
So I am not the only one that thinks that MOL is saying what he needs to say to keep the airline flying and will do a 180 in January when all has slowed down again?

Andy_S
15th Dec 2017, 14:14
I'm sure the Fanboys will just re-interpret this as another triumph for Ryanair........

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 14:48
Nope...I`m sure everyone would actually regard it as a triumph for the travelling public over the holiday period...

Andy_S
15th Dec 2017, 15:24
Somehow I'm not completely convinced that MOL did this as a magnanimous gesture just to save Christmas......

southside bobby
15th Dec 2017, 15:45
You & I both...but we are all pawns in the great game of commerciality generally as consumers...

Jamie2k9
15th Dec 2017, 16:18
So I am not the only one that thinks that MOL is saying what he needs to say to keep the airline flying and will do a 180 in January when all has slowed down again?

Whatever happens it's been dragging on 4 months now, they need to sort it and if it continues confidence will be damaged even more when people plan to book summer holidays. Slowing they are realizing, it's time to deal with it before it gets out of complete control, this way FR can have more influence than after a strike has taken place because once one takes place the flood gates will open.

DC3 Dave
15th Dec 2017, 20:22
Somehow I'm not completely convinced that MOL did this as a magnanimous gesture just to save Christmas......

Even the Grinch came around in the end.

Seriously, this announcement will split opinion amongst pilots. Exactly as intended.

dohouch
16th Dec 2017, 12:40
Unions aren't only for Christmas heard on Irish radio station today

1sky
19th Dec 2017, 06:59
Ryanair to announce some flights from Liege shortly.

Harry Wayfarers
19th Dec 2017, 07:07
Mmmm ... LGG is on the same motorway as CRL with the north/south Luxembourg/Brussels motorway dividing the two ... I guess RYR know what they're doing, they also have a route out of MST which is a stone's throw away from LGG ... I guess they'll need some pilots though to operate these routes!

RAT 5
19th Dec 2017, 07:22
LGG is already a well used airport. MST is very quiet. That has always been a mystery. A few charter airlines have tried to utilise MST even easy jet have tried regular flights. The local tax-payers spend fortunes on what must be a huge loss making under-used airport. There is a strong anti-noise lobby. Geographically it's in a good place. 30 years ago there were night freight operations and slowly they we're all bumped out to LGG. There was a KLM subsidiary flying F50's on schedule ops, but went bust. There are cross-border pax, with Belgium & Germany increasing Dutch. Eindhoven seems to have struggled its way out of the grip of the noise huggers, but MST still has to succeed in that. It plugs a gap between NRN, DUS, CRL, BRS, EIN. If it's not necessary then close it, but stop it haemorrhaging money.

1sky
19th Dec 2017, 09:02
Interestingly journey time from Brussels to Liege airport and Charleroi airport is pretty much the same (1 hour).

It may not be long until Ryanair starts playing off the two airports against each other.

airbourne
19th Dec 2017, 11:59
Ryanair crew work five extra hours a day for no pay | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5188899/How-Ryanair-crew-work-FIVE-extra-hours-day-no-pay.html)

Ryanair bosses 'don't treat crew like humans', say staff | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5192355/Ryanair-bosses-dont-treat-crew-like-humans-say-staff.html)

I am by no means a lover of the daily mail or pro/anti Ryanair and these kind of reports have been around for years but will this gain some traction with the travelling public?

southside bobby
19th Dec 2017, 12:02
Errrrr....in a word NO.....

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Dec 2017, 12:47
Ryanair have issued a statement saying they will recognize cabin crew unions

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/943105736749568000

Could the return of the CFO be behind the sweeping changes....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ryanair-culture-gone-very-miserable-says-airline-executive-1.3332320

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Dec 2017, 17:51
Ryanair eyes new bases in France, Scandinavia after union move

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ryanair-pilots-france/ryanair-eyes-new-bases-in-france-scandinavia-after-union-move-idUKKBN1ED21T

FR also estimating 100 million annual increase in cost base because of the latest move.

pee
19th Dec 2017, 18:55
“it opens up growth opportunities for us in France and Scandinavia, countries that were previously closed to us because we felt it was going to involve mandatory union recognition,” O‘Leary said.
OK, welcome to Finland. However, it could be pretty tough, I guess. :}

Seljuk22
20th Dec 2017, 16:40
Is Finland part of Scandinavia?

pee
20th Dec 2017, 20:09
Strictly geographically, Northern and Eastern part of Finland does not belong to Scandinavia, even if most of Finland used to be a part of the Kingdom of Sweden for many years. Politically there always have been strong ties between Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark, even Iceland and in Finland we don't really use the word "Scandinavia", we use "Pohjoismaat" (or in Swedish Norden). And as you can see...
http://www.altarandthrone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/euscan.gif

DublinPole
21st Dec 2017, 14:53
Looks like a strike in Germany after Ryanair rejected the Committee put forward by German Unions as it is believed to consist of two pilots from competitor airlines and Ryanair will only accept Ryanair staff on the Committee.

Ryanair should hold firm on this - no company is going to open their business to their competitors employees and nor should they for reasons of business and commercial confidentiality and if I was the pilots I wouldn't want them representing me either.

I'm for unions but only those who are employed by the company the union is for.

DublinPole
21st Dec 2017, 16:19
Confirmed now by Ryanair that the person put forward by the VC is currently involved in litigation proceedings with Ryanair.

Seljuk22
24th Dec 2017, 17:51
Ryanair announced some "extra summer flights" from Ireland
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-adds-extra-summer-flights-from-ireland/?market=ie

Alicante and Palma will see each one additional aircraft
https://corporate.ryanair.com/novedades/ryanair-dispondra-de-un-avion-adicional-basado-en-alicante-y-en-mallorca-para-el-verano-de-2018/?market=ca

occasional
25th Dec 2017, 18:40
As far as I am aware, if you do not have a good internet connection, the Ryanair website has been pretty crap for the last 5 years or so - presumably something to do with using over-sophisticated software.
It is not unusual to get a screen which erroneously tells you that there are no flights to where you want to go.
What is peculiar is that airlines never seem to fix these problems.

Worth noting that there also appears to be a problem with the website refusing to check you in -hardly a problem appropriate for an airline which then tries to charge a substantial fee for the check-in.

Alsacienne
26th Dec 2017, 15:45
Try logging out, clearing your cookies and cache and trying again ...

occasional
26th Dec 2017, 17:46
On the occasion it happened to me, five different computers could not complete the check-in. It worked on the sixth.
Various things are worth trying. Ryanair themselves suggested always using a private window for booking - which would seem to indicate they were not unaware of problems.

Coochycool
26th Dec 2017, 23:41
As has possibly been eluded to recently on this thread, could somebody on here please confirm that it is mainly down to tight union regulation that the lo-cos have hitherto largely ignored Finland compared to say Sweden? As one who regularly commutes from the UK to Finland, I often wondered why there were so few Finnish services and yet still some. Namely the FR summer services to Tampere/Lappeenrantta and Wizzair flying Turku-Gdansk. If it's possible to fly those routes at all, then why don't they serve more? Is it down to local council or airport agreement?

Thanks in advance

Harry Wayfarers
27th Dec 2017, 05:14
No problem operating in/out of Finland, I think the problem comes to having staff (crew) based there where they may be subject to, or come under pressure to, be subject to Finland employment and/or union rules.

pee
27th Dec 2017, 11:20
Well, even without a single base you could have had many different routes served from several bases outside the country, that never happened on a larger scale here. One reason for Finland being “ignored” is the level of airport fees, taxes and charges – but is it really that much higher than elsewhere in Europe? Much more important reason is probably, let’s call it, the "impartial approach to businesses”: same conditions for everybody, no special deals, no preferences. That’s what MOL would have liked, getting incentives. Maybe a “point of honour” for him?

Plane.Silly
27th Dec 2017, 11:38
No problem operating in/out of Finland, I think the problem comes to having staff (crew) based there where they may be subject to, or come under pressure to, be subject to Finland employment and/or union rules.

I agree with HW on this one. The cost of living in the Nordic countries is much higher than the vast majority of the other bases, so to pay the based crew there, they could probably afford double that in Eastern Europe.
It's worth also thinking that by the time you operate Finland - Mediterranean and back (as an example), you could have squeezed 3 or 4 shorter sectors in other areas of the network, giving more opportunity to flog those lovely ancillaries

pee
27th Dec 2017, 14:04
True, albeit there would have been many short ones as well, like Berlin, Warsaw, Copenhagen. EZY is going to test TXL - HEL soon, Wizz proved to be successful on TKU - GDN route (will fly 11x weekly from March' 18), Ryanair could consider connecting flights (via BGY/BUD/WMI?), but surely not with max. twice weekly flights from TMP/LPP as scheduled for the next season.

Coochycool
28th Dec 2017, 01:04
Thanks for the input. Several points I hadn't considered. As a regular user of the Gdansk-Turku link with Wizzair, which is often apparently full, it baffles me how there isnt immediate scope for expansion on obvious trans Baltic routes.

Good grief, I struggle to understand why for example there is absolutely no Turku - Tallinn airlink? With no direct ferry services competing. And services from Finland to cheaper shopping and/or migrant worker destinations such as Warsaw are anothet glaring ommission.

Apologies for the thread hijack, but MOL, do you hear me? Strikes me as a golden chance for FR to open a new market n become the fox in Wizzair's chicken coop.

DomyDom
28th Dec 2017, 10:20
Hi, FR showing a number of connecting routes into Italy and Greece from Manchester. I thought that FR didn't provide connecting services. Please can someone explain what is going on or is this a change to the previous mode of operations. Thanks.

finncapt
28th Dec 2017, 10:29
I think the problem with Finland maybe the lack of people.

They are concentrated in the Helsinki area with less than 4million occupying the rest - which is bigger than the British mainland.

Most holidaying Finns want warmth and are not much interested in culture and big cities.

My two penneth!

pee
28th Dec 2017, 12:01
To some extent true. However... look at the Republic of Ireland, population just over 4,7 million (versus 2,7 million within the smallish triangle of Helsinki - Turku - Tampere area, roughly Ireland size). In ROI substantially more p2p flights exist, dozens of times more, not only to warm destinations.

Another reason? Most of Finns prefer using "kotimaista" (domestic) unless offered a big difference in prices. To Irish people Ryanair is domestic indeed. And being very well established in many other European countries RYR has just a figurative presence in Finland.

Having said this, maybe a base with the domestic staff would change it a little? On the other hand, also Brexit could force them to expand to other markets, so dear @Coochycool, let's just wait, interesting times ahead.

alm1
28th Dec 2017, 12:10
It's just nobody want to go to Finnland. I flew once Pisa-Tampere on Ryanair, there were total 14 pax on board. The route was discontinued in less than a month after start.

pee
28th Dec 2017, 12:36
Might be true in late autumn and early spring. Otherwise, it could be just the insufficient marketing (thousands of lakes in summer, great ski conditions in winter). But OK, taking your point as well.

WHBM
28th Dec 2017, 15:06
I was a regular on Ryanair London Stansted to Tampere, fares looked good from Ryanair's point of view, it was always a couple of hundred £ return each, flights were always near full (sometimes 100%), no competition. Mainly Finnish pax, minority of British. Yet the route was given up a couple of years ago. They have maintained routes from Tampere to a few oddball other European destinations, but given up this one. It was even common to find Russians on board from St Petersburg, and the car park at the Ryanair terminal always in Tampere had Russian cars in it. Yet the flight's gone. They never tried London Stansted from Lappeenranta, right on the Russian border.

The airport authority at Tampere even made a special terminal for Ryanair, separate to the normal one, put into a converted hangar. As they only used to have one or two flights a day it must have been an extra expense to keep it going, especially as the main one itself always seems sparsely used. It still seems to be opened up for the few Ryanair flights a week remaining.

finncapt
28th Dec 2017, 15:42
A neighbour of mine used the Tampere - Stansted flight once, some years ago, to go to an Arsenal match (he's a fan).

As I recall it left quite late and he found it difficult arriving very late at night.

To get to Tampere (Helsinki) airport, as Ryanair described it, takes a bit of time.

It is about 200km from Helsinki!

Nowadays Norwegian flies to Gatwick and the non BA/AY customers use that.

Norwegian go from Helsinki main airport, twice per day and at roughly the same time as BA.

Norwegian may go to other UK destinations as do Finnair.

southside bobby
2nd Jan 2018, 15:08
Ryanair UK......
Application lodged for an AOC with the CAA on 21.12.17 to continue flying UK domestics in the event of a "difficult" Brexit.

CabinCrewe
2nd Jan 2018, 15:53
so scare mongering of 'all domestics cancelled' was easily rectified and therefore something and nothing....

southside bobby
2nd Jan 2018, 16:05
Though obviously a very small part of the total operation the move reflects the input into the total business if RYR are moving to protect it thus.

Perhaps a competitor or two in the London market will not dismiss the move quite so quickly.

SWBKCB
2nd Jan 2018, 19:58
so scare mongering of 'all domestics cancelled' was easily rectified and therefore something and nothing....

Might not just be for domestics. Depends what arrangement is reached - probably worse case, but it might not be possible for an Irish airline to operate out of the UK to anywhere but Ireland.

southside bobby
2nd Jan 2018, 20:05
All bets scenario...

DomyDom
2nd Jan 2018, 21:10

I would have thought the issue would be flights between the UK and elsewhere in the EU without an EU-UK open skies agreement. I wouldn't see domestic flights being affected although FR are probably covering their options as an EU based airline.

SealinkBF
2nd Jan 2018, 23:18
Hi, FR showing a number of connecting routes into Italy and Greece from Manchester. I thought that FR didn't provide connecting services. Please can someone explain what is going on or is this a change to the previous mode of operations. Thanks.

Ryanair started connecting flights about 9 months ago...

They are slowly rolling it out.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/276865/ryanair-to-offer-connecting-flights-and-check-through-bags

southside bobby
3rd Jan 2018, 06:53
Ryanair December figures

9.3m pax + 3%

Load factor 95% +1%

2017 total pax 129m

inOban
3rd Jan 2018, 07:57
That must be the lowest % increase for many years.

southside bobby
3rd Jan 2018, 08:38
Yes..but taking into account their particular travails in more recent times is a bit of a result none the less.

inOban
3rd Jan 2018, 09:26
Of course it all depends on the revenue per passenger as much as the body count.

JonEMA
10th Jan 2018, 12:27
Ryanair started connecting flights about 9 months ago...

They are slowly rolling it out.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/276865/ryanair-to-offer-connecting-flights-and-check-through-bags

Do you now whre I can find a list of the connecting markets..?....can't seem to find one anywhere....

lfc84
10th Jan 2018, 13:31
Do you now whre I can find a list of the connecting markets..?....can't seem to find one anywhere....

take a look on the corporate site. for example

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/more-connecting-flights-from-milan-bergamo-2/

WHBM
10th Jan 2018, 16:32
That must be the lowest % increase for many years.
The load factor can't keep going up for ever.

Based on my flights with them, I find the overall 95% figure surprising. Are they basing it on tickets sold and paid for rather than actual pax boarded ?

BHX5DME
10th Jan 2018, 16:47
The load factor can't keep going up for ever.

Based on my flights with them, I find the overall 95% figure surprising. Are they basing it on tickets sold and paid for rather than actual pax boarded ?

Seats sold and why not ?
If people don't show they don't care money is in the bank and seat sold.

1sky
10th Jan 2018, 17:35
Yes Ryanair reports on tickets sold.

I wonder if anyone is ready for the chaos with the luggage changes on 15 January.

I wonder how gate decking 100+ wheelies on each flight will speed things up. If anything, it will just slow everything down for those who actually pay for luggage.

Ryanair PR repeatedly blames people for abusing the generous luggage policy. The real problem (if there is actually any), it is the airline failing to get handlers to enforce the policy.

Stanstedeye
10th Jan 2018, 18:25
If you can't beat them, join them, that is JET2, for they solved it.

virginblue
10th Jan 2018, 20:17
Not sure what the point of reporting seats sold rather than bums on seats is particularly in Ryanair's case. Of course it makes for nice PR spin, but as Ryanair is much more dependent on ancillary revenues than others, for them bums on seats is what counts (I suppose that a lot of the no-shows, just like me, are folks who simply buy very cheap tickets without being absolutely committed to travel and thus will not be spending money on extras in advance).

davidjohnson6
10th Jan 2018, 22:19
If a seat is sold but the passenger does not show up, then all the airport fees and Govt taxes go straight to Ryanair. Yes, you might have a legal option to reclaim the tax but Ryanair's admin fee and general consumer apathy kill off that option in virtually all cases.
The result is that the additional revenue can quite often more than cover the average ancillary revenue

inOban
10th Jan 2018, 22:46
But of course if you've paid less than the tax for your ticket... ( And there's a lot of £9.99 fares around)

Harry Wayfarers
11th Jan 2018, 05:04
Never mind the cost of hanging on the telephone for hours waiting for the bar stewards to answer.

And any no-show saves circa 3% fuel of body/baggage weight per flight hour.

Andy_S
11th Jan 2018, 08:38
Ryanair PR repeatedly blames people for abusing the generous luggage policy.

Didn’t Ryanair used to actively encourage passengers to only travel with hand baggage?

Plane.Silly
11th Jan 2018, 09:04
That was before they started being 'nice' and 'Always Getting Better'.
Still makes me laugh how they feel they're outdone by their own policy and how it's taken so long for them to implement a new one

NorthEasterner
12th Jan 2018, 19:34
I've noticed on the hand baggage section for Israel flights (to/from)

Flights to/from Israel

1 small bag on board (35cm x 20cm x 20cm) regardless of whether the user has ‘Priority & 2 Cabin Bags’ or not.

What is the reasoning to why customers who have 2 cabin bag allowance not permitted to have their larger bag on board?

Thanks

davidjohnson6
12th Jan 2018, 20:03
NorthEasterner - have you ever been through security at an Israeli airport when you're profile sounds a bit unusual ?

brian_dromey
12th Jan 2018, 20:29
But of course if you've paid less than the tax for your ticket... ( And there's a lot of £9.99 fares around)

But Ryanair won't pay any "tax" on a passenger who doesn't show up. APD, for example, is only collected once an occupied seat flies. In the case of a 9.99 no-show FR gets 9.79 (lets assume that the cost of processing a ticket and payment is around 2%).

NorthEasterner
12th Jan 2018, 20:43
NorthEasterner - have you ever been through security at an Israeli airport when you're profile sounds a bit unusual ?

Are you for real? Answering my question with a question does not help. And what has my profile got to do with anything? 🙄

SWBKCB
13th Jan 2018, 06:05
And any no-show saves circa 3% fuel of body/baggage weight per flight hour.

I'm not very good at hard sums, but surely this can't be right?

brian_dromey
13th Jan 2018, 09:45
NorthEasterner

I think what the poster was trying to say is that security screening at TLV is unlike anything anywhere else. There is racial profiling, intensive body and baggage screening. I believe the minimum turn time at TLV is 75 minutes due to aircraft searches.

Although clumsily worded I believe that the poster was using the collective your, rather than the individual.

paully
13th Jan 2018, 15:24
But without doubt, the gold standard, worldwide for Airport Security :D

In the meantime we have Manchester :ugh:

OzzyOzBorn
13th Jan 2018, 18:32
I've received similar notices from Ryanair covering my forthcoming flights with them to Rome and Madrid whilst visiting Europe. They're not limited to Israel flights. Looks like the hand-luggage changes apply across the network.

crewmeal
15th Jan 2018, 05:20
Looks like all FR will now charge for ALL hand baggage in the cabin across the board.

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-change-rules-for-on-board-baggage-to-prevent-delays-11207945

1sky
15th Jan 2018, 06:02
That’s not what the article says at all.

crewmeal
15th Jan 2018, 06:17
Sorry my mistake but this article makes it clearer.

Ryanair cuts carry-on luggage allowance ? unless you pay £10 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ryanair-cuts-carry-on-luggage-allowance/)

EGAC is Better
15th Jan 2018, 19:15
I’ve got another complaint which has been lodged directly with Ryanair.

I checked in to find that my seats in 2A&B no longer come with priority boarding included, as was the case when those seats were booked and paid for some months ago. So now we face the prospect of having to wait at the baggage reclaim for carry on’s therefore defeating the precise reason for paying that extra £58 (return) for those seats in the first place ie. speedy exit from both the aircraft and the airport.

Ryanair are now back on my “only if absolutely no other alternative is available” list.

RAT 5
16th Jan 2018, 05:58
I checked in to find that my seats in 2A&B no longer come with priority boarding included, as was the case when those seats were booked and paid for some months ago

Are you suggesting there was a detrimental change to the contract conditions without you being aware? Does that allow you to make a claim on those grounds?

Plane.Silly
16th Jan 2018, 07:23
Reported on Reuters that RYanair are looking to buy certain assets from Niki.
Slots certainly spring to mind, but nothing else?

EGAC is Better
16th Jan 2018, 09:18
RAT 5

It seems that way and is theme of my complaint. I await their response with very limited hope that they even give a toss.

NorthEasterner
16th Jan 2018, 12:36
No seats up front included priority boarding. Only what they call 'quick/rapid' Exit upon disembarking. I think a while ago Emergency Exit row seats in 16 & 17 had priority boarding. I think this was dropped in favour for the new Plus bundles they have which give you free standard seat selection and priority boarding as well as hold baggage. Where the Flexi package gives you premium seat selection and ticket flexibility as well as fast track.

flyingtincan
16th Jan 2018, 14:52
From the Ryanair web site - with the Standard fare package, seat selection, priority boarding including 2 bags, and FastTrack (through security at the airport) are all separate extras. Paying extra for one does not get you another - in the Standard fare package.

buzz_hornet
16th Jan 2018, 15:09
Flew with them yesterday , no problem at all, they take your hand luggage off you before you board plane and you get it at other side .. free of charge

EGAC is Better
16th Jan 2018, 18:30
NorthEasterner

Happy to show you many boarding passes from this summer which will clearly show that I got priority boarding with paid for seats in the first 5 rows of the aircraft.

EGAC is Better
16th Jan 2018, 21:52
flyingtincan

Agreed, that’s what the website says now. That is not in line with the service I paid in October to receive (based on previous experinces) though. On principle, that’s what I’m a bit annoyed about.

Anyway, I’ve complained, they will tell me they don’t care (in some form of words) and I’ll not book with them for another 10 years (as happened until 2017) unless they are the only way to get in reasonable time to somewhere I need to be. I’m also under no illusions they won’t care if I never fly with them again because they’ll just fill that seat with someone else willing to tolerate their sh**e for a cheap fare. Chapter closed. Time to move on :)

1sky
17th Jan 2018, 06:49
Apparently a big announcement is planned in Paris today.

CCFAIRPORT
17th Jan 2018, 09:19
yes today at 1330 LT

www.linfodurable.fr/agenda-des-conferences-de-presse-et-evenements-economiques-j...Il y a 5 heures - (+) 13H30 - PARIS - Conférence de presse Ryanair, en présence de David O'Brien, Directeur Commercial - Hôtel Le Six, 14 rue Stanislas 75006 Paris. 17H00 - PARIS - Commission d'enquête chargée d'examiner les décisions de l'Etat en matière de politique industrielle, au regard des fusions ...

HH6702
17th Jan 2018, 11:16
Will it be CDG or orly

1sky
17th Jan 2018, 12:19
No big news. Main points:
- Negotiations ongoing with unions in France.
- Planning to open French bases in the future.

Ryanair also picked the wrong day for a press conference in France. Any transport journalist would be busy reporting on the Notre-Dame-des-Landes developments.

Lon12
17th Jan 2018, 14:18
10 new routes from France.

– 4 from Paris Bva to Bratislava (2 x wkly), Malta (2), Prague (3) & Thessaloniki (2)

– 3 from Marseille to Bucharest (2 wkly), Budapest (2) & Faro (2)

– 2 from Nantes to London Stansted (4 wkly) & Seville (2)

– 1 from Bordeaux to Valencia (2 wkly)

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-announces-10-new-french-winter-2018-routes-plans-french-bases/

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Jan 2018, 22:46
They have back tracked

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/ryanair-scraps-israel-luggage-charge-1.456924

BFS Dude
23rd Jan 2018, 15:14
Anyone heard about a new route between Belfast and Manchester?

LAX_LHR
23rd Jan 2018, 15:18
1 daily from March 25th

BFS Dude
23rd Jan 2018, 15:23
When is it due to be announced.

LAX_LHR
23rd Jan 2018, 15:24
I’m not sure. There are several MAN routes to be announced so could be in that group, or as the aircraft is Belfast based, could be announced at the Belfast end at any time.

BFS Dude
23rd Jan 2018, 15:32
Thanks LAX_LHR

Scottie Dog
23rd Jan 2018, 15:39
Just to confirm what has already been said, i understand it is a BFS based aircraft on a once daily flight.

CCGE29
3rd Feb 2018, 19:45
Airlines probed over 'confusing' seating policy - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42931091)

It appears that the CAA is mainly targeting Ryanair with this investigation and says that enforcement action will be taken if seating policy is not found to be 'transparent'.

DublinPole
3rd Feb 2018, 21:57
The CAA targeting Ryanair, who'd have thought it.

Have they discovered that there are airlines registered in the UK yet?

If so, when will they start regulating them?

CCGE29
4th Feb 2018, 03:51
To be fair Ireland doesn't have a regulator as such.
Perhaps Ireland needs a proper regulator then the UK CAA won't need to get involved.

Harry Wayfarers
4th Feb 2018, 04:28
I think you'll find that the UK CAA can't get involved, the UK CAA have no jurisdiction in Republic of Ireland.

davidjohnson6
4th Feb 2018, 05:20
If a regulator really wants to get involved and is confident of Govt backing at a senior level (eg Secretary of State for Transport) and feels that alternative routes to solve the problem are ineffective, then they will get involved. A regulator that is perceived as ineffective (even if unfairly because it has no formal powers) may find itself with political problems of its own in the media or in Govt.

There are all kinds of ways the UK CAA can make trouble for non-UK airlines on an informal basis when on UK soil. While an airline can always challenge informal action through the courts, an airline may decide that modifying its behaviour slightly leads to a more positive outcome in the long term for the airline

dc9-32
4th Feb 2018, 05:29
Ryanair having applied for a UK AOC give the CAA enough to get involved.

daz211
4th Feb 2018, 07:52
Ryanair announce flights between Amman, Jordan and Paphos, Cyprus commencing in March 2018

waffler
4th Feb 2018, 09:55
https://www.aviationreg.ie/persons-with-reduced-mobility/complaint-procedure.203.html
Here is the webpage of the Irish Aviation Regulator complaints. Help yourself.

GLAEDI
4th Feb 2018, 11:14
The CAA main cause of concern is Ryanair charging for under 12s to sit with their parents, this is a mandatory instruction for an operator in the UK. This is for the safety of all onboard an aircraft, I certainly would be making sure I got to my daughter, to get her off the plane in an emergency as would most parents, it’s human nature. This is why the policy is in place, also woul you want your child sitting next to a stranger. I know of two investigations running currently at an airport in the UK where a passenger woke up to find the person next to them was sexually assaulting them.

DublinPole
4th Feb 2018, 11:38
Perhaps Ireland needs a proper regulator then the UK CAA won't need to get involved.

Perhaps the UK need a proper regulator that regulates it's own airlines and holds them to the standards and the rules and regulations in the same way that they seem to require other foreign airlines to?

You will remember that last year that CAA took action against Ryanair in relation to cancellation of flights and were very heavy handed with them and said that Ryanair would need to take certain actions or face further action.

Well I had two similar issues with another carrier in the past for flights out of the UK with a UK airline and the CAA couldn't be less helpful and were not really interested in anything like the same teeth that they went after Ryanair with, they seem completely disinterested.

They did tell me however they appreciate my concerns and that they have 'written' to all UK airlines and asked them to reply indicating if they are complying with all the relevant compensation regulations - I'm sure that every single airline they wrote to were EXTREMELY stressed by such request - I mean why regulate UK airlines when you can just take their word for it?

I'm still waiting for them to take the same enforcement action against their own airline to force them to give me the compensation I am entitled to, but since they are a UK airline, it seems that the CAA have suddenly had all their teeth removed in enforcing the regulations they were so loud about only a few months ago.....

Harry Wayfarers
4th Feb 2018, 11:48
You didn't make the mistake of contacting them on a Friday afternoon did you when they are all down a boozer in Charlwood getting slaughtered at our expense?

AirportPlanner1
4th Feb 2018, 15:31
14 new routes to Amman and Aqaba in Jordan announced today from across Europe, nothing from the UK though.

Jerry123
4th Feb 2018, 15:39
Too long a route from the UK for Ryanair? Would it require crew to overnight there?

HH6702
4th Feb 2018, 17:53
If Ryanair keep heading that way what's the chances of DWC to Europe soon

davidjohnson6
4th Feb 2018, 19:31
Is Jordan still going to require that tourists from European countries pay for a visa costing 60 pounds per person (and also pay a tax to leave Jordan) or are they going to change this policy ? If not it might put a dampener on inbound tourist demand for short breaks
And yes I know about the Jordan Pass scheme but adding bureaucracy never encourages customer demand for a product...

toledoashley
4th Feb 2018, 20:12
Jerry123 - EasyJet have previously done LGW-AMM as a day trip. Similar length to SSH.

Seljuk22
5th Feb 2018, 08:24
Routes to Amman and Aqaba
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/b7oluru3xt4lgj/

January traffic grows 6%
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/january-traffic-grows-6-to-9-3m-customers/

Q3 profits rise 12%
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/q3-profits-rise-12-to-e106m-on-4-lower-fares-fy18-profit-guidance-unchanged-at-e1-40bn-e1-45bn/

Lon12
13th Feb 2018, 12:51
Ryanair launches winter 2018 schedule from/to Spain

29 new routes.

Barcelona (1) Malta 4 semanales

Palma (3)
Milán Bérgamo 2 semanales
Roma Ciampino 2 semanales
Dusseldorf Weeze 2 semanales

Alicante (3)
Bolonia 2 semanales
Gdansk (Polonia) 2 semanales
Newquay (Reino Unido) 2 semanales

Valencia (6)
Burdeos 2 semanales
Cagliari 2 semanales
Fez 2 semanales
Tánger 2 semanales
Bristol 2 semanales
Palermo 2 semanales

Sevilla (13)
Bristol 2 semanales
Alicante 3 semanales
Cagliari 2 semanales
Catania 2 semanales
Malta 2 semanales
Edimburgo 2 semanales
Fuerteventura 2 semanales
Luxemburgo 2 semanales
Nantes 2 semanales
Oporto 3 semanales
Rabat 2 semanales
Tánger 2 semanales
Venecia Treviso 3 semanales

Tenerife Sur (1)
Milán Malpensa 2 semanales

Gran Canaria (1)
Venecia Treviso 2 semanales

Santander (1)
Budapest 2 semanales

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-lanza-su-calendario-de-invierno-2018-para-espana/?market=es

RAT 5
13th Feb 2018, 16:55

Please do not let Prune become a clone to RYR's website.

racedo
13th Feb 2018, 17:50
Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Says so at the top.

Lon12
13th Feb 2018, 18:09

Please do not let Prune become a clone to RYR's website.

I’m so sorry for you, but this is just information about 29 new routes.

We can do the same when another airline launches new routes... Strange comment.

inOban
13th Feb 2018, 18:35
What is significant is that so few of the routes involve the UK, hardly surprising when every other economy is growing faster than ours.

It will also be interesting to see whether any routes are being dropped. No airline makes any noise about those...

Skipness One Echo
13th Feb 2018, 19:22
#cosbrexit?
I would say the UK loco market is now mature, the capacity for the same levels of growth just isn't there. That's not a bad thing either.

BigFrank
13th Feb 2018, 21:00
https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2017/1221/929091-courts-ryanair-pilots/

Given that it is almost 3 months since this decision, of the utmost interest to the community to whom this website is apparently addressed, in my considered opinion,the fact that it has not yet been posted, still less discussed, intrigues me.

OzzyOzBorn
13th Feb 2018, 21:29
There are no grounds to infer a lack of confidence in the UK market from those new route announcements. They relate to bases which are already well-connected with U.K. airports. So they can't be presented as new routes. That doesn't mean frequencies can't be increased on those UK routes though. So no conclusions on brexit to be drawn here.

inOban
13th Feb 2018, 21:47
BigFrank

It is indeed surprising that no Irish posters posted it. Since I don't think it was picked up by the UK media, there's no way that we would have come across the case.

sky9
15th Feb 2018, 21:41
This might be of interest to Ryanair pilots
Over 100 BBC stars face paying back thousands in tax as HMRC wins claim against presenter (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/15/100-bbc-stars-face-paying-back-thousands-tax-hmrc-wins-claim/)

Plane.Silly
16th Feb 2018, 08:50
Ryanair are rumoured to be in talks about restarting from Manston with a 3/4 a/c base, assuming the bid to make it a cargo airport are successful.

Not sure which part is the crazier, but Ryanair haven't particularly denied it, just a bog standard rely: "While we are always interested in new routes, we don't comment on rumour or speculation."

Anyone think this could work?

AirportPlanner1
16th Feb 2018, 10:44
No. If they ever went to Manston, and that is a massive if, at best it would be a handful of weekly flights to Alicante, Faro etc operated from overseas

pamann
16th Feb 2018, 11:38
Ryanair would be MSE’s only option in my view for pax operations. It is about the only airline left that could offer the airport a glimmer of hope, that’s IF it ever reopened. Ryanair are very good at stimulating traffic at airports so far from anywhere.

My only reservation would be that before the terminal opened at BOH were they too not promised multiple based airframes?

Harry Wayfarers
16th Feb 2018, 14:20
Look, EUJet and Flybe gave Manston a shot and failed ... Not so far from Manston is EZY's largest operasting base of LGW, the other side of the Dartford there is RYR & EZY at STN, ditto for LTN, the best hope for Manston is they develop a maintenance base such as CWL has done, even Lasham has done, I read a recent comment that NQY might be turning itself around with some none scheduled service activities, but RYR and Manston ... Now there's a laugh :)

Seljuk22
23rd Feb 2018, 17:01
Operation out of (Frankfurt) Hahn will be further reduced. Down to 4 based aircraft next summer with Porto, Treviso, Valencia, Zadar and Plovdiv to be axed. All except Plovdiv operated out of Frankfurt (Main).
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-verkleinert-die-basis-am-flughafen-frankfurt-hahn-von-funf-auf-vier-flugzeuge/?market=de

Timisoara base will be closed - BGY-TSR and OTP-TSR to remain, all other routes to be axed.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/timisoara-base-to-close-from-25th-march-next/?market=ro

Lon12
23rd Feb 2018, 17:46
All routes are on sale for next winter 2018’19

What’s wrong with Glasgow? Just Dublin on sale.

RAT 5
23rd Feb 2018, 17:50
Operation out of (Frankfurt) Hahn will be further reduced. Down to 4 based aircraft next summer

Ouch. 10 years ago HHN had 8/9 a/c with plans for a new terminal and 20 a/c within a few years. Hotels sprung up at the airport. Bus services, taxi services, restaurants, cap parks. RYR brings a/c and jobs to your community. We shall bring 500,000 pax per a/c and 00's of jobs.
So how many jobs are they on the scrap heap as they leave? There are 2 sides to every coin, but only one it trumpeted. Cynical? Yep. The hoteliers will go bust and the bus services will struggle etc. etc.

A320.b744
23rd Feb 2018, 18:11
You can't blame Ryanair. Hahn management should have looked to diversify their airline portfolio. It isn't a smart business strategy to bank all hopes on one airline, especially one that is known for axing routes at a moment's notice.

GLAEDI
23rd Feb 2018, 22:15
All routes are on sale for next winter 2018’19

What’s wrong with Glasgow? Just Dublin on sale.

It has gone very quiet at Glasgow for many things like no passenger figures yet published for Jan, new management team at AGS so we can look at no news is good news or the .... has hit the fan and Ryanair drastically reducing routes. Though it’s not just DUB, LDY has been confirmed!

TBSC
23rd Feb 2018, 22:18
Timisoara base will be closed - BGY-TSR and OTP-TSR to remain, all other routes to be axed.
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/timisoara-base-to-close-from-25th-march-next/?market=ro The bloodbath in Eastern-Europe (where they kill Wizz Air) has started.

1sky
23rd Feb 2018, 22:55
So with TSR, Wizz Air wins another battle.

There is also evidence that Ryanair are struggling in Bulgaria. Sofia appears to be one of the weakest bases, flights to Plovdiv are being scaled back (again), and it is not clear if Burgas will operate as a base next winter.

inOban
23rd Feb 2018, 22:57
It has gone very quiet at Glasgow for many things like no passenger figures yet published for Jan, new management team at AGS so we can look at no news is good news or the .... has hit the fan and Ryanair drastically reducing routes. Though it’s not just DUB, LDY has been confirmed!
They may not have posted them on their website, but they were released on the same day as EDI and Aberdeen. Down 3%, I think, blaming loss of EWR and weather disruption.

24th Feb 2018, 01:20
...snip...

Ryanair are very good at stimulating traffic at airports so far from anywhere.

My only reservation would be that before the terminal opened at BOH were they too not promised multiple based airframes?

They are indeed.

My only reservation is that they are also good at smelling desparation and paying accordingly.

LTNman
24th Feb 2018, 06:06
Operation out of (Frankfurt) Hahn will be further reduced. Down to 4 based aircraft next summer with Porto, Treviso, Valencia, Zadar and Plovdiv to be axed. All except Plovdiv operated out of Frankfurt (Main).
https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-verkleinert-die-basis-am-flughafen-frankfurt-hahn-von-funf-auf-vier-flugzeuge/?market=de

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/timisoara-base-to-close-from-25th-march-next/?market=ro

If these were UK airports no doubt someone here would be blaming Brexit:ugh:

compton3bravo
24th Feb 2018, 06:53
Personally I would blame Wizz for the Timisoara retreat as for Hahn well Ryanair have got slots at Frankfurt Main now so really not much need to fly from an airport in the German countryside a long way away from Frankfurt itself.

tophat27dt
24th Feb 2018, 10:30
Slowly but surely Ryanair appear to be reducing on Hahn and adding to Luxembourg. New route to Seville already announced whilst 3x weekly Dublin's will be announced on Monday.

CabinCrewe
24th Feb 2018, 20:26
What’s wrong with Glasgow
As the Morrison's butcher says 'just the chop?'

VickersVicount
24th Feb 2018, 20:32
suppose if rumours true most can be covered as away rather than base flying. Maybe PIK not the dead duck its made out to be.

Cautious Optimist
25th Feb 2018, 17:24
Anyone know why EI-ENZ has been WFU? Not by any means an old aircraft

Fly757X
25th Feb 2018, 19:38
Anyone know why EI-ENZ has been WFU? Not by any means an old aircraft

It's leased. All leased aircraft will eventually leave Ryanair's fleet.

Cautious Optimist
25th Feb 2018, 22:24
Just seems odd as in the past they've been retired more or less in age order, never known one jump the queue like that

Lon12
26th Feb 2018, 10:53
First flights to Düsseldorf and more from Luxemburg Stuttgart or Nuremberg have been announced today from Mallorca.

Just for June July and August.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-to-fly-from-berlin-tegel-dusseldorf-for-the-first-time/

Schorschi
26th Feb 2018, 11:17
Also new routes:

DUB-FRA
DUB-LUX

Just available between June and August:
PMI-LUX (2/7)
PMI-TXL (6/7)
PMI-DUS (7/7)
PMI-SXB (2/7)
PMI-NUE (4/7)
PMI-STR (3/7)

j636
26th Feb 2018, 17:00
FR will announce winter schedules for Scotland tomorrow so not long to see whats happening at GLA.

Sober Lark
26th Feb 2018, 18:44
DUB-FRA

As a weekly traveller on the route, Ryanair's pricing model wouldn't entice me to leave the convenience and comfort of LH or the sometimes lower fare but less comfortable EI experience. (especially since they moved to the new Aer Lingus Cargo gates).

PDXCWL45
26th Feb 2018, 19:11
Anyone know if they have any new routes planned for Cardiff?

canberra97
26th Feb 2018, 23:17

No one can answer that question your have to wait until Ryanair make any announcement or press release regarding new routes, they do have a tendency to just add new routes all over their network so it's just a wait and see, but if I was you I wouldn't build my hopes up.

26th Feb 2018, 23:32
I didn't realise Ryanair had any leased aircraft! How many do they still have on lease?

yeo valley
27th Feb 2018, 00:09

CWL will remain with TFS and FAO.

yeo valley
27th Feb 2018, 00:12
I didn't realise Ryanair had any leased aircraft! How many do they still have on lease?

If you go to the jethros website look under fleet listings it tells you.

PDXCWL45
27th Feb 2018, 03:53
CWL will remain with TFS and FAO.

That's a shame.

DHC4
27th Feb 2018, 07:59
https://mobile.twitter.com/skynews/status/968409470916276224?s=12

Plane.Silly
27th Feb 2018, 08:14
Announcement due at 10am, Likely to do with Scotland

Lon12
27th Feb 2018, 08:16
Bye bye Glasgow

https://news.sky.com/story/ryanair-to-slash-scottish-routes-11269451

HH6702
27th Feb 2018, 08:17
Moving routes to Edinburgh...
Putting more pressure on newcastle

daz211
27th Feb 2018, 08:27
Ryanair

Ryanair will add a "Brexit clause" for passengers booking tickets for summer 2019, warning passengers their tickets WILL NOT be valid if aviation is affected by Brexit and aviation regulation are not resolved in time

GrahamK
27th Feb 2018, 09:15
11 new routes for EDI. GLA base closed. 3 routes remain at GLA, 20 dropped

Skipness One Echo
27th Feb 2018, 09:36
In Edinburgh, Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer, David O’Brien said:

“Ryanair regrets these cuts in the weaker Glasgow market where efforts to stimulate low fare demand are severely hampered by the continuing burden of APD.

As a result, we will transfer our Glasgow International based aircraft to Edinburgh in November where we will offer 11 new low fare routes (45 in total including London Stansted) and deliver over 3.5m passengers per annum at Edinburgh Airport.

APD is only a West Coast thing? Who knew?
PIK drops from 10 winter destinations to 8, BCN and LPA seemingly dropped.

Gulf Julliet Papa
27th Feb 2018, 09:36
Base closing yes...no flights at Glasgow...wrong. DUB, KRK & WRO remain

HH6702
27th Feb 2018, 09:40
9 routes different I take it were already operating from EDINBURGH

Startledgrapefruit
27th Feb 2018, 09:53
So it's build a base
Give lots of routes
Close it because there is a base not too far away and your customer feedback suggested they will shift airport.
Blame APD or Brexit.

Now meanwhile in Belfast....

SWBKCB
27th Feb 2018, 09:57
and here's me thinking the key phrase in the statement was
weaker Glasgow market