Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

jon01
21st Jun 2019, 18:16
Turkish July 2019

Mon 29th am A321 pm A333

The A330-300 on 29th July has now been downgraded to an A330-200

diffident
23rd Jun 2019, 13:51
Airport terminal has been evacuated, apparent fire in the departure lounge. There's quite a few photo's on social media of passengers sat around the aircraft!!!

https://twitter.com/nicolahill7/status/1142787189232852992

Hotel Tango
23rd Jun 2019, 15:22
Had one of those moments some years ago (at Brum too). Fortunately, we were still checking in at the time, so it was relatively easy to exit the building. Took a while to resume normal ops again.

BHX5DME
26th Jun 2019, 06:39
Wizz Air changed winter schedulles and now 6 hours will separate Wroclaw - Birmingham and Birmingham - Wroclaw. Most likely they will announce a new route to an airport that is not their base to be operated as out of base rotation with this Wroclaw based aircraft.

BHX-Poznan is the new route utilising the Wroclaw aircraft layover

Plane mad 134
26th Jun 2019, 08:40
2 new Tui routes were announced today on Routes Online.

Birmingham - Agadir Eff 07NOV19 1x weekly B737-800
Birmingham - Marsa Alam Eff 04NOV19 1x weekly B737-800

OltonPete
26th Jun 2019, 12:22
2 new Tui routes were announced today on Routes Online.

Birmingham - Agadir Eff 07NOV19 1x weekly B737-800
Birmingham - Marsa Alam Eff 04NOV19 1x weekly B737-800

Remarkable even for Routes online - announced in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there really a 7 month gap before they get hold of the information or have they just got around to it.

Wizz - Good news and obviously the reason why it ceased was the removal of the aircraft from the Poznan base and not the lack of profitability.

Jet2 Christmas and New Year schedule seems to be growing with one day showing 3 Tenerife flights (12 a week), two Las Palmas on a Thursday for a 3 week period and up to 8 or 9 Arrecife's a week

Pete

OltonPete
2nd Jul 2019, 10:48
Source: CAA for the passenger figure and some rotations for 2018 (2018 average pax should be accurate) and FR24 for 2019, which will mean some inaccuracies. For load factors I used various aviation and airline websites. Note, these are Schedule routes only but include Thomas Cook and not TUI, which is not my choice just the way the CAA process the figures.

The 2017 figures are also shown and as you can see some routes such as Lisbon and Gibraltar remain vacant. Some 2018 load factors have not been calculated as aircraft types (configs) are not known on certain days.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1775x731/screenshot_15__587941bc1dc3e1b88c19fb53348cbb53f50915de.png
Some explanations needed as some big swings on certain routes.

Vienna, not much change but disappointing in as much as fewer frequencies and low factor not reflecting the change as hoped.

Brussels is a huge difference as it was the A319 the year before and only a 3% improvement in load factor so no problem filling the A319 but no doubt cheaper on the CRJ9.

As for Star Alliance European routes, Munich has seem more capacity via bigger aircraft, Frankfurt steady but Copenhagen shrinking. Zurich is a mystery as there were a few non-ops flights - so pre-planned cancellations which would explain for some loss of pax.

I think Amsterdam saw a reduction of one Flybe and one KLM daily flight although more seats on existing services for the latter but a remarkable load factor.

Not really much comment on the FR and Jet2 routes although a few seem to able to take more capacity but again I suppose why risk yields if you can fill them at current prices.

Flybe again seem not be affected by the takeover too much and although some routes were down, overall they look fine - superficially of course.

easyjet ended daily GVA at with the beginning of April rather than mid-April and hence the reduction but load factors improved (and hopefully yields) although prices went south in late April which is no surprise.

Wizz loads seem generally okay if not spectacular as I believe their network wide load factor is a bit higher (May was 93%).

Long-haul/medium-haul was excellent considering what went on although perhaps it might have been hoped that Qatar would gain more from the Dubai runway closure. Turkish you could say is not moving that much but hampered this year by the MAX problems.

Pakistan is still below 2017 in terms of passenger figures but better load factors.

Dublin, Shannon and Cork were affected by the rugby semi-final at the Ricoh with no doubt some light inbound and outbound legs at times.

Pete
steady as you go CAA provisional figures show BHX had 1165846 passengers pass through the terminal in May.

Qatar up 25% but still a very average 55%. The increase no doubt due Dubai runway closure.

Ramadan of course fell in May which suppressed some demand.

Emirates was only down 11% which looks quite favourable against other UK airports. A quick calculation 455 per flight around 74% load factor.

Air India on its much reduced schedule was 217 per flight at 85%.

Copenhagen, Brussels and Zurich continue to disappoint but most core routes were okay.

Pete

jon01
4th Jul 2019, 17:51
AI144 New York to Bombay is routing via Birmingham on Friday 5th July morning. Aircraft is B77W VT-ALX

jon01
5th Jul 2019, 16:50
AI104 will be routing via Birmingham on Saturday 6th July am, on its way from Washington to Delhi. Aircraft is B77W VT-ALU

sixchannel
5th Jul 2019, 17:23
AI104 will be routing via Birmingham on Saturday 6th July am, on its way from Washington to Delhi. Aircraft is B77W VT-ALU
Pardon my higgerance - are they fuel stops or Pax stops?

jon01
5th Jul 2019, 20:15
Pardon my higgerance - are they fuel stops or Pax stops?

Crew rest due to extended routing around closed airspace over Pakistan

crewmeal
8th Jul 2019, 05:26
Air India further delays ATQ flights (courtesy of routes online)

Amritsar – Birmingham eff 17SEP19 Planned 3 weekly service resumption from 01JUL19, delayed to 17SEP19
AI117 ATQ1355 – 1815BHX 788 246
AI118 BHX1945 – 0730+1ATQ 788 6
AI118 BHX1945 – 0745+1ATQ 788 24

jon01
8th Jul 2019, 19:00
Air India further delays ATQ flights (courtesy of routes online)

Amritsar – Birmingham eff 17SEP19 Planned 3 weekly service resumption from 01JUL19, delayed to 17SEP19
AI117 ATQ1355 – 1815BHX 788 246
AI118 BHX1945 – 0730+1ATQ 788 6
AI118 BHX1945 – 0745+1ATQ 788 24

This was announced on here many weeks ago, have a read of previous post before posting

A fair amount of info is taken from here by Routesonline and other blogs/forums!

jon01
8th Jul 2019, 19:16
Turkish - August 2019

A good month, not surprisingly, no cancellations and plenty of upgrades including one widebody

4th pm A321
8th pm A321
10th am A321
11th am A320 pm A321
16th pm A321
20th pm A320
22nd pm A332
24th am A321

A332 still on for 29th July as previously posted

Suzeman
8th Jul 2019, 19:24
This was announced on here many weeks ago, have a read of previous post before posting

Have you ever thought that some people don't monitor this thread H24, or work at the airport. I'd rather have information twice rather than not at all. There is absolutely no need for that arrogant comment.

A fair amount of info is taken from here by Routesonline

I think you seriously overestimate the role of PPRune here. Routes online have a very sophisticated intelligence gathering system from multiple sources. They haven't gained the reputation they have in the industry by just monitoring internet discussion groups but have good relations with most airlines.

For all sorts of reasons, they may choose not to post info straight away

VickersVicount
8th Jul 2019, 21:23
A fair amount of info is taken from here by Routesonline and other blogs/forums!
I doubt that very much. Its usually the other way about.

Matt995
8th Jul 2019, 22:27
Turkish - August 2019

A good month, not surprisingly, no cancellations and plenty of upgrades including one widebody

4th pm A321
8th pm A321
10th am A321
11th am A320 pm A321
16th pm A321
20th pm A320
22nd pm A332
24th am A321

A332 still on for 29th July as previously posted

I'm sure the aircraft types are bound to change for August, and the odd cancellation can still happen, arn't most of the upgrades due to aircraft shortages, mainly due to the 737 Max situation, TK have such a large fleet of aircraft, and the information on their website often changes, the 'standard' 737 could be changed for an A320/A321 at the drop of a hat!! You only have to look at AF/SK/LH etc to how often they change equipment!

OltonPete
8th Jul 2019, 22:45
I doubt that very much. Its usually the other way about.

Doesn't the said website just monitor GDS and publish information about schedule changes and new routes when they have the time, which I imagine is difficult due to the vast amount of data they are dealing with?

It can be frustrating if you have taken the time to post some information for it to be posted a few days later and I confess that I posted the Air India information about 3 weeks ago but would never criticise Crewmeal for not looking that far back as that is ridiculous to expect everyone to trawl through weeks of post and that is the crux of the problem with routes online, as it often appears they are posting some brand new information hot off the press but in fact only to find that some sado like me has probably searched a well known booking engine several weeks before and has already posted it.

Back to even less interesting news - BHX was 80 today apparently and a totally underwhelming press release to go with it, which I am not even going to bother hyper-linking. I think under-stated is the best way I can describe it.

Airport seemed to be coping well on the last two Sundays I have used it, outbound was superb from bag drop (5.15am), security and seating/eating although we had to wait a while as usual on the return yesterday for the airbridge to be linked (7 minutes seems a long time after a nearly 4 hours on a Thomas Cook A321) but bags within 30 minutes was not bad.

Pete

OltonPete
9th Jul 2019, 12:33
Don't think this has been posted but easyjet Geneva now showing 4 flights on a Saturday for the whole season from 21/12 which is a first.

The flight is operated by easy Swiss 17.30-18.15.

Still down on a couple of years ago as Monday - Wednesday remains just daily.

Also no change to the reduction in Geneva in November when it drops to 2 a week until it reverts to daily mid-December.

Pete

BHX5DME
9th Jul 2019, 20:24
Air Transport Movements up 10.9%

Seats up 6.8%https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/BHX-W19-Initial-Coordination-Report.pdf
Indigo & Spicejet – no slots

Anisec (Level) – 5,040 seats

Flybe – 1,539,608 up 40% on last Winter (448,030 more seats) ?

Jet 2 – up 186,921 seats

Ryanair – up 174,825 seats

Wizz – up 65% up to 172,480 total seats ?

Scottie Dog
9th Jul 2019, 20:48
Don't forget that these are the initial slot requests and, from experience with Manchester's applications, you will probably find that the percentage change may vary.
Hopefully the increase may stay in line with the above.

OltonPete
9th Jul 2019, 22:05
Don't forget that these are the initial slot requests and, from experience with Manchester's applications, you will probably find that the percentage change may vary.
Hopefully the increase may stay in line with the above.

Most match what is on sale other than Flybe which BHX5DME question marked quite rightly as at face value it make little sense and even pre-takeover it would be crazy.

Anisec is interesting as the slots would indicate a short season ski route or new city route from February unless they have taken some of the Santa flights which I believe Jet2 are not operating. However these should now be Titan and Thomas Cook although the former is showing nothing for winter.

Seems to confirm Brussels Airlines are going back to the A319 from Cityjet (oh yes), Cork matches the booking engine with it staying there daily four days a week. KLM and Turkish websites do not reflect the increases shown.

Pete

jon01
10th Jul 2019, 06:23
Air Transport Movements up 10.9%

Seats up 6.8%https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/BHX-W19-Initial-Coordination-Report.pdf
Indigo & Spicejet – no slots

Anisec (Level) – 5,040 seats

Interesting that Anisac (LEVEL) have 14 slots for the new Dubrovnik charters Feb - May 2020, they were due to be operated by Croatia Airlines.

OltonPete
10th Jul 2019, 18:32
Interesting that Anisac (LEVEL) have 14 slots for the new Dubrovnik charters Feb - May 2020, they were due to be operated by Croatia Airlines.

I trust cultural flights (organised tours) at that time of year!!!!!!!!!!

Also it shows Thomas Cook Marrakech and are these in place of Corendon as the latter shows nothing this time around?

Pete

jon01
11th Jul 2019, 15:55
TUI Update

TUI have been using B788 G-TUIB and B789 G-TUIK on 11th July to cover for a u/s Olympus A321 that is grounded in Cyprus

OltonPete
11th Jul 2019, 18:27
TUI Update

TUI have been using B788 G-TUIB and B789 G-TUIK on 11th July to cover for a u/s Olympus A321 that is grounded in Cyprus

G-TUIB was amazing as it arrived 04.58 from Montego Bay then did the Ibiza 06.55 - 12.07 (1 hour 54 to IBZ is pretty damn good) and then the Cancun 14.36 which was one way of keeping as many of their flights on track as possible although the Cancun pax might not agree as they were 2:45 late but still impressive.

Pete

chaps1954
11th Jul 2019, 18:46
Only 1 45 late now so first officer is peddling hard

Ian

jon01
15th Jul 2019, 20:36
TUI Update - 16 July 2019

Olympus A321 SX-ABY is no longer required here and is positioning to Manchester in the early hours

TUI B738 G-TAWG is positioning in from Bristol to replace it for a short while

There will be a further change next week

OltonPete
17th Jul 2019, 20:52
Word has it not too much interest in buying the ex MAEL hangar (unless all hush hush) but it still gets the occasional visitor. Tonight a Neos Boeing 789 has just arrived and I assume another pay as you use arrangement with the Administrator.

The Gainjet 734 has finally gone (last week) so plenty of space.

BHX have issued a press release heralding the new Wizz Polish routes, glossed over the fact one (Poznan) actually only ended this year and "new" is certainly pushing it a bit but sounds better than reinstated I suppose.

A couple of things pending - whether Air India will bring forward the Amritsar service from mid-September and of course the Amsterdam and CDG Flybe slots up for grabs.

AI113 from Delhi tonight flew over Pakistan and timed at 8 hours 46 around an hour quicker than the last few months.

Emirates are showing a one-stop BHX -Amritsar service now using SpiceJet on the DXB-ATQ leg and I am sure some booking engines show Indigo as well.

Pete

OltonPete
18th Jul 2019, 18:26
Word has it not too much interest in buying the ex MAEL hangar (unless all hush hush) but it still gets the occasional visitor. Tonight a Neos Boeing 789 has just arrived and I assume another pay as you use arrangement with the Administrator.

The Gainjet 734 has finally gone (last week) so plenty of space.

BHX have issued a press release heralding the new Wizz Polish routes, glossed over the fact one (Poznan) actually only ended this year and "new" is certainly pushing it a bit but sounds better than reinstated I suppose.

A couple of things pending - whether Air India will bring forward the Amritsar service from mid-September and of course the Amsterdam and CDG Flybe slots up for grabs.

AI113 from Delhi tonight flew over Pakistan and timed at 8 hours 46 around an hour quicker than the last few months.

Emirates are showing a one-stop BHX -Amritsar service now using SpiceJet on the DXB-ATQ leg and I am sure some booking engines show Indigo as well.

Pete

Air India Amritsar 15 August apparently although not on sale and possibly an extra flight on a Friday from late September to make it daily once agai.

May route analysis - Credit CAA for the passenger figures, FR24 for rotations therefore there might be some errors and various seat-map websites for load factor and again these vary so not 100% accurate.

I don't think Emirates has been 70% plus in May very often and slightly disappointing Qatar didn't pick up more passengers. Air India reflects the lack of seats. No change with Vienna and Agadir but Flybe continue to operate as if nothing happened. Cut Zante and Stockholm off but the latter never operated and Zante was 171 average pax and 82& load factor

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1792x717/screenshot_17__bc53153d03c320ae7f2c767410a26f2b8735053b.png
Pete

jon01
26th Jul 2019, 05:06
TUI Update 26 July

SmartLynx A320 ES-SAQ is arriving to replace B738 G-FDZT

A321 SX-ACP continues to be based

gilesdavies
26th Jul 2019, 09:04
Air India Amritsar 15 August apparently although not on sale and possibly an extra flight on a Friday from late September to make it daily once agai.

May route analysis - Credit CAA for the passenger figures, FR24 for rotations therefore there might be some errors and various seat-map websites for load factor and again these vary so not 100% accurate.

I don't think Emirates has been 70% plus in May very often and slightly disappointing Qatar didn't pick up more passengers. Air India reflects the lack of seats. No change with Vienna and Agadir but Flybe continue to operate as if nothing happened. Cut Zante and Stockholm off but the latter never operated and Zante was 171 average pax and 82& load factor

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1792x717/screenshot_17__bc53153d03c320ae7f2c767410a26f2b8735053b.png
Pete

Wow those loads on the Wizz Air routes to eastern Europe, are very impressive! Not a single route under 89% load factor and most well over 90%!

Especially considering Wizz run a relatively small operation at BHX, and probably not so well known there, and that the catchment overlaps with LTN in areas like Northamptonshire.

The loads on Qatar Airways are disappointing considering the route is quite well established now. Running an efficient 787-8 on the route probably allows it to work profitably, but that route could be questionable if fuel costs were to increase.

Asturias56
26th Jul 2019, 09:07
"I don't think Emirates has been 70% plus in May very often and slightly disappointing Qatar didn't pick up more passengers."

It was Ramadan - all Mid East flights were down everywhere....................

jon01
26th Jul 2019, 17:31
The restart of the direct Air India Amritsar service has been brought forward

The press release states that it will commence on 15th August, 3 per week

chaps1954
26th Jul 2019, 23:08
" It was Ramadan - all Mid East flights were down everywhere.. "
Most Middle East flights were up with the exception of Emirates in May for virtually all airports to
Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Jeddah with Qatar doing exceptionally well

OltonPete
27th Jul 2019, 10:36
" It was Ramadan - all Mid East flights were down everywhere.. "
Most Middle East flights were up with the exception of Emirates in May for virtually all airports to
Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Jeddah with Qatar doing exceptionally well

Cheers Chaps - I think I didn't explain what I was getting at very well.

Basically Emirates was excellent at 74% but of course affected by the cut in the number of services which increased the load factor. At a glance I thought the most disappointing aspect was Qatar, as Emirates lost 5300 pax and Qatar only picked up around 1500. However looking at the respective dates of Ramadan it is possible this was most of the reason, as it covered all but 5 days of May this year and only half of May in 2018. All in all a net loss of around 3500 passengers isn't desperately bad.

Jet2

11 Based at present and 26 flights today including 4 flights to Palma which is possibly a first for a single airline to have that many to one destination from BHX in a day outside of football matches

TUI

The Olympus A321 seems to be stuck in BHX after the Rhodes and this mornings Ibiza is scheduled out at 14.10 - back in service now

Sporting Charters

The West Midlands not really known for its sporting teams but three charters over the last three days and the season has barely started with Crusaders flying in for the Europa League tie with Wolves but the more surprising ones were Loganair from Gatwick with Brighton to play a friendly at BCFC and last night Air Charter X took Bournemouth back from a friendly with WBA. These are not going to affect passenger figures greatly but quite a start to the season and these are far from the first either.

Pete

OltonPete
27th Jul 2019, 14:08
Further winter increase.

Originally Cityjet were removed from the booking engine and replaced by Brussels Airlines A319/320 mix but Cityjet are back but it is an extra service 13.25-14.05 CRJ9 Monday - Friday.

The last time Brussels was 4 daily in the week it was when the Flybe DH8D in SN colours operated the route at a similar time to the Cityjet.

Cityjet still showing on Copenhagen for most of the winter and all flights which would be a reduction as the SAS A319/320/321 operated at least one of the two daily.

Pete

LiamNCL
27th Jul 2019, 20:56
Not much luck on the LS1319 , after a 2 hour delay, G-LSAH flew in to pick it up but made an imediate return to BHX.

RogueOne
28th Jul 2019, 15:23
Wow those loads on the Wizz Air routes to eastern Europe, are very impressive! Not a single route under 89% load factor and most well over 90%! Especially considering Wizz run a relatively small operation at BHX, and probably not so well known there, and that the catchment overlaps with LTN in areas like Northamptonshire.

What sort of operation, and numbers of flights would need to be in place for Wizz to consider a base at BHX?

chaps1954
28th Jul 2019, 16:14
Quite a while as most of the flights wouln`t work with based aircraft as the times and frequency not at optimum requirements

OltonPete
29th Jul 2019, 10:10
TUI Update 26 July

SmartLynx A320 ES-SAQ is arriving to replace B738 G-FDZT

A321 SX-ACP continues to be based

September sees one TUI aircraft removed from the base after the first week believed to be related to an end of lease somewhere (Estonian or Olympus?),although also reported bookings are soft nationally.

The changes have resulted in 16 fewer flights a week than August and only 2 were originally planned.

The shocker is Porto Santo as this after FNC which went earlier the year. The other destinations have multiple frequencies and I assume just consolidated.

BHX is not alone with Manchester having around 23 fewer flights a week in September than August and Gatwick 35-40 (these are estimates and confirmation required) but what I don't know about these two bases is exactly how many were planned originally and how many aircraft involved but Manchester would seem to be 1 or 2 and maybe up to 3 at Gatwick. I am sure Scottie Dog will correct me or add some more specific information re Manchester.

October will see another aircraft removed from BHX but this was planned however the weekly flights dip from 110 (Aug) - 94 (Sept) to 60 odd in October and I am not convinced all these were planned but as it is end of season I didn't note the original schedule but not all 6 based are busy every day or at least appear not to be.

Winter 2019/20 has also seen cuts with TFS down from 4 to 3, LPA 3 to 2, ACE 3 to 2, Marsa which I am sure was bookable once has gone and the extra Hurghada has gone. Good news Agadir remains and although no longer 4 based all week on short-haul there are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday like last year.

Pete

Scottie Dog
29th Jul 2019, 10:54
BHX is not alone with Manchester having around 23 fewer flights a week in September than August and Gatwick 35-40 (these are estimates and confirmation required) but what I don't know about these two bases is exactly how many were planned originally and how many aircraft involved but Manchester would seem to be 1 or 2 and maybe up to 3 at Gatwick. I am sure Scottie Dog will correct me or add some more specific information.

Pete

I'm afraid I've not seen anything with regards to the TUI plans for Manchester, however should anything come through my "detector system" I'll try to let you know.

Scottie Dog

gilesdavies
29th Jul 2019, 13:19
What sort of operation, and numbers of flights would need to be in place for Wizz to consider a base at BHX?
I would guess primarily routes to destinations that Wizz Air does not already have a base?... For example Tel Aviv, Athens, Lisbon, Split, Oslo, Reykjavik, Ohrid, etc They do however overlap some routes, for example a morning flight might be operated from there home base in Poland to Luton and then the afternoon flight will be operated to that destination my an LTN based Wizz UK aircraft.

Before the LTN base was ever established they night stopped one or two Wizz Aircraft at LTN and also quite a few routes were previously W routes. (eg, Budapest-Luton-Split-Luton-Budapest).

Being realistic though and not meaning to let your hopes fade, the Wizz operation at BHX is quite small and only of a similar size to that of at Liverpool, Doncaster and Bristol, where they have been operating for 5+ years. Most of these routes are operated several times a week, where Luton has had multiple daily routes to many of these major Eastern European cities with Wizz for numerous years before the base was even set up.

However when you look at their base at Vienna, they never had a presence there whatsoever before, and just stormed in opening up numerous routes and basing five aircraft. But until last year the airport only had a smattering of low-cost airline routes.

RogueOne
29th Jul 2019, 13:46
I would guess primarily routes to destinations that Wizz Air does not already have a base?... For example Tel Aviv, Athens, Lisbon, Split, Oslo, Reykjavik, Ohrid, etc They do however overlap some routes, for example a morning flight might be operated from there home base in Poland to Luton and then the afternoon flight will be operated to that destination my an LTN based Wizz UK aircraft.

Before the LTN base was ever established they night stopped one or two Wizz Aircraft at LTN and also quite a few routes were previously W routes. (eg, Budapest-Luton-Split-Luton-Budapest).

Being realistic though and not meaning to let your hopes fade, the Wizz operation at BHX is quite small and only of a similar size to that of at Liverpool, Doncaster and Bristol, where they have been operating for 5+ years. Most of these routes are operated several times a week, where Luton has had multiple daily routes to many of these major Eastern European cities with Wizz for numerous years before the base was even set up.

However when you look at their base at Vienna, they never had a presence there whatsoever before, and just stormed in opening up numerous routes and basing five aircraft. But until last year the airport only had a smattering of low-cost airline routes.

Thanks!! Good to know.

MerchantVenturer
29th Jul 2019, 15:49
Wizz all but pulled out of Bristol a couple of years ago. They now only operate to Katowice at 2/3 x weekly, depending on season.

crewmeal
30th Jul 2019, 05:48
The changes have resulted in 16 fewer flights a week than August and only 2 were originally planned.

Pete, Is this to do with the 737 MAX problems or a supply and demand one? I can't see the MAX back in operation this side of Christmas.

OltonPete
30th Jul 2019, 17:59
Pete, Is this to do with the 737 MAX problems or a supply and demand one? I can't see the MAX back in operation this side of Christmas.

Depends on who you believe but understandable if they have a chance to consolidate at the same time saving on leasing costs and the relying on compensation. I haven't been told which aircraft is leaving but I presume it will be the Estonian A320 but I don't know for sure.

June 2019 passenger figures

CAA provisional stats show BHX up 1.62% 1259647 up from June 2018 1239181.

Pete

OltonPete
1st Aug 2019, 21:17
Jet2 Saturday Innsbruck from late December 2019 for the ski season.

The other one much sort after as a permanent route - alas one day only and subject to change.

Air India - Mumbai - BHX - Mumbai, AI130/1 B77W Monday 5th August only. It is the Heathrow flight for one day only but it is actually in GDS as bookable from BHX.

Air India are stopping the Friday Delhi - Copenhagen for winter - is this aircraft destined for the rumoured 4th Amritsar service?

Pete

crewmeal
1st Aug 2019, 21:28
Air India - Mumbai - BHX - Mumbai, AI130/1 B77W Monday 5th August only. It is the Heathrow flight for one day only but it is actually in GDS as bookable from BHX.

Is this to do with the potential Heathrow strike due to take place on Monday 5th August?

VickersVicount
2nd Aug 2019, 11:09
Is this to do with the potential Heathrow strike due to take place on Monday 5th August?
Why just that date out of the multiple dates for potential strike?

BHX5DME
3rd Aug 2019, 12:30
Emirates may also be sending one their A388's to BHX on Mon / Tue if the LHR strike goes ahead

jon01
4th Aug 2019, 18:28
Emirates may also be sending one their A388's to BHX on Mon / Tue if the LHR strike goes ahead

Industrial Action at LHR on Monday has been cancelled

OltonPete
6th Aug 2019, 21:20
This is just the schedule routes which does include Thomas Cook and on certain route TUI (don't ask)

Source: CAA for the monthly figures and FR24 for rotations (Health Warning as not always accurate) - Load factors - seat maps also not always accurate.

These in general are good other than the usual suspects, Vienna, Agadir and some flybe French routes which had in some instances only just started. Some Flybe load factors are excellent but the caveat is maybe fewer flight with more cancellations boosting load factor. Lufthansa in general operated bigger aircraft and thus more seats hence load factors dipped. Blue Air operated more Bucharest flights and load factor went up which doesn't always happen but they did use rather more 735's. In June 2019.Brussels Airlines using the CRJ9 boosting load factor (4th Brussels a day restarts in winter on a CRJ9) and Dublin obviously increased passengers and load factor despite the RJ85 operating. Long-haul was quite good for June mainly due to Ramadan ending earlier in 2019. Domestic flights were also decent although not sure about the easyjet load factor on Belfast as I suspect I have made a mistake somewhere.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1823x866/screenshot_3__fe99ecff0217ab5e4d992f96344c66c793d473a2.png
Pete

Scottie Dog
7th Aug 2019, 06:53
An excellent analysis. Thank you Pete for your continued hard work - definitely a labour of love!

jon01
7th Aug 2019, 12:40
B787-9 G-TUIM is covering for a 737 today (7th August)

It’s operating to Malaga and Dalaman

ROC10
7th Aug 2019, 13:29
B787-9 G-TUIM is covering for a 737 today (7th August)

It’s operating to Malaga and Dalaman

Must be covering for G-FDZD which has gone to NWI to cover Sunwing.

OltonPete
7th Aug 2019, 22:25
An excellent analysis. Thank you Pete for your continued hard work - definitely a labour of love!

And of course they would not be there without your help with the formatting. It takes long enough using FR24 for rotations with the only alternative to wait for the punctuality stats to be released by the CAA to get the exact rotations but by the time they are out the FR24 data has gone in respect of the actual aircraft type operated, as I only have silver (3 months) and not gold. At least now I can upload in minutes rather than hours :)

TUI

Despite the 789 operating the morning Ibiza has just left estimating back 04.45 instead of 13.15. ZD went to Norwich to cover Sunwing and for some reason ZF operated only the Antalya this afternoon and nothing this morning - tech?

Ryanair

From other threads it mentions the Faro and Tenerife bases closing and BHX has 3 winter frequencies a week from Faro using their base and one Tenerife flight operated from the TFS base. The 3 based BHX aircraft this winter are busy other than Tuesday and wonder if these will be chopped or operated from the BHX base.

Pete

jon01
13th Aug 2019, 05:22
TUI Update 13-Aug-19

B763 EC-LZO is operating to Alicante before positioning out on 14th Aug, this is to cover for a B752 that is running very late to/from Bodrum

jon01
13th Aug 2019, 20:05
TUI Update 13-Aug-19

B763 EC-LZO is operating to Alicante before positioning out on 14th Aug, this is to cover for a B752 that is running very late to/from Bodrum

The main problem leading to the above is that the based Olympus A321 is grounded with brake issues

sinbad73
14th Aug 2019, 08:49
EZY to operate BHX-GLA 13 x PW from 29 March 2020

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/17834741.easyjet-pledges-50-jobs-glasgow-airport/

planedrive
14th Aug 2019, 11:27
With any luck EZY will pick up the CDG and AMS slots as well from Birmingham that Flybe had to give up. Would be nice to have them back in the midlands a bit more.

davidjohnson6
14th Aug 2019, 11:36
If Easyjet add a 2x daily to each of Edinburgh, Paris and Amsterdam and 1x daily to Aberdeen, then it would make life very uncomfortable for Flybe at Birmingham

BHX5DME
14th Aug 2019, 12:10
If Easyjet add a 2x daily to each of Edinburgh, Paris and Amsterdam and 1x daily to Aberdeen, then it would make life very uncomfortable for Flybe at Birmingham

I agree and think there will be more to following from easyjet from BHX

inOban
14th Aug 2019, 14:46
But the GLA service is to be operated by a frame based there. Are posters looking for BHX-based services?

22/04
14th Aug 2019, 16:01
Neither CDG or AMS would have to be.

GayFriendly
14th Aug 2019, 16:25
But the GLA service is to be operated by a frame based there. Are posters looking for BHX-based services?

I should imagine there are many posters looking for a BHX EZY base but I think this is jumping many steps ahead and (as things stand) is very unlikely to happen. We have to remember that they launched BFS and GVA (I think) in 2007 and this is their first new route out of BHX since then.....However, it is encouraging that they have seen the potential at BHX and have taken on a trunk domestic route (with competition). I would therefore be surprised on this basis if EDI doesn't follow, then perhaps later on ABZ and a long shot INV. There are a lot of regular travellers who will be very tempted to try EZY and I think the route will be extremely successful. How will BE react?

The well-publicised eventual disposal by BE of BHX-CDG and AMS slots cannot be ignored either and I think EZY would be mad to miss out on these opportunities.

I think there are a number of other existing EZY bases that could also support BHX flights: Barcelona, Lisbon, Lyon, Milan, Toulouse, Venice come to mind. In addition, there are a host of other EZY destinations that I think stand a very good chance working at BHX (on both existing routes and new routes) but of course this would need a full blown BHX base.

The future of BE at BHX is far from certain in the 'Connect Airways' future (given the public statements so far about the importance of MAN and LHR and long haul feed) so it could be that EZY are testing the waters with a view to being much better placed in the future to take on some routes vacated by BE should there be a cull in their operations.

All in all a very interesting and welcome development for BHX, how significant it really is and where it could lead to, only time will tell!

derelicte
14th Aug 2019, 16:30
Why would EZY be so unlikely to set up a base at BHX, I should have thought it would be perfect for them?

OltonPete
14th Aug 2019, 19:13
Neither CDG or AMS would have to be.

Not impossible but difficult to operate from the CDG or AMS base as the slots are roughly:

BHX AMS 0700, 12.35, 15.00, 16.35 and 18.40 with BHX-CDG 06.40 11.35 & 17.10.

I can see AMS & CDG probably not too bothered about the mid morning and mid afternoon slots but they surely won't let anyone change 09.30 AMS or CDG departure slot to the incredibly busy 06.30 - 08.30 period.

The flybe schedules are of course aimed at the West Midlands business traveller and West Mids City break crowd which I assume easyjet will also be after, compared to the AF and KL times which are timed to meet their home based banks..

Even if they don't want a base they would be mad to mess with the morning slots even if CDG and AMS let them (all of course if they take the bait).

As for GLA it is an interesting choice before EDI which carries more pax and usually higher fares.

I know of some business on Glasgow that has been lost to the train due to Flybe high fares and there is a chance easyjet will steal some of these back.

Pete

ZULUBOY
14th Aug 2019, 19:21
I'm due to fly this route (TXL)next week. Looking at departures over the last few days it seems to be delayed by a couple of hours every evening including tonight. On a couple of occasions the aircraft used has been to IOM when it's due to fly to TXL.
Are the delays on this route due to a shortage of aircraft or poor scheduling?

The whole family are due fly back from TXL towards the end of the school holidays and we could do without a midnight arrival

jon01
14th Aug 2019, 19:54
The main problem leading to the above is that the based Olympus A321 is grounded with brake issues

The based Olympus A321 has now positioned back to Athens

sixchannel
14th Aug 2019, 20:20
The based Olympus A321 has now positioned back to Athens
Lease cancelled?

OltonPete
14th Aug 2019, 21:21
Lease cancelled?

At least the four 757's are still operating so some compensation that eight of the nine based are TUI aircraft.

If the September aircraft to go is the Estonian leaving 1 x 788, 4 x 757 and 3 x TUI 738;s I would take that.

Air India

AI117 Amritsar back on the arrivals board tomorrow from Amritsar.

Pete

jon01
15th Aug 2019, 03:38
TUI update 15-Aug-19

B763 EC-LZO is back to cover for TUI, operating the morning Ibiza and the pm Las Palmas

jon01
16th Aug 2019, 06:38
TUI update 16-Aug-19

B763 EC-LZO is still based and operates to Chania, then Rhodes

A321 SX-ACP has returned from maintenance and is back in service

ib26uk
16th Aug 2019, 23:08
Do we know flight times for easyJet - GLA/BHX.......

pabely
17th Aug 2019, 06:47
Do we know flight times for easyJet - GLA/BHX.......
Not in their booking engine yet

Malo86
13th Sep 2019, 19:16
Had an embarrassing experience yesterday evening arriving on EZY195 from BFS. Arrived ahead of schedule at 17:20, stairs attached and onto buses we went heading for domestic arrivals. This is where the fun began - reached the doors for entry to terminal but no-one from Swissport to greet as an escort. Bus blocking airside roadway so driver apologised and said we had to drive around airfield until he had confirmation that a member of staff was present to meet passengers into arrivals. So off we went on a merry ride around the aprons reminiscent of the film 'Speed' (albeit at a slower pace!). Finally the driver clocked the doors were open but now an OCS vehicle was blocking the space - however he opened the front doors only and off everyone scrambled.

The fun didn't end there - it transpired that no-one from Swissport had in fact turned up; now 120+ pax trapped on a staircase in a random corridor banging on doors to try and get the attention of someone to let us in . Finally at 18:00 someone from Swissport came and opened up the route into baggage reclaim not even apologising or uttering a word. Ironically the aircraft we arrived on was ready for departure as we were still trapped!

A shocking arrival experience and totally embarrassing first impression of the airport/city for visitors. As a local it was painful to experience. Obviously issues with Swissport rather than the airport itself but still an entirely avoidable situation. This wasn't lost on some Belfast natives stating 'how did BFS come below this place?!" referring to the Which? survey.

OltonPete
16th Sep 2019, 23:09
Finally BHX awakes from its route slumber this week with Wizz starting a new one for them and reinstating another.

Krakow starts tomorrow three times a week joining Ryanair and Jet2 - three operators on one route rarely has a happy ending at BHX so fingers crossed they all survive.

Poznan restarted today which was a bit of a surprise when it ended the first time only to realise the base closed and this now operates from the Wroclaw base - an interesting one in winter possibly for weather issues and crew hours.

Malo86

No change there then. I collected my youngest from a TUI flight last week, they waited ages for steps and from landing to car park on a quiet night it was nearly an hour but the crew were not shy in apportioning blame!!!

easyjet

Should be finding out the Glasgow schedule this week I presume

Pete

nwoody2001
18th Sep 2019, 14:39
So, the new Year-round schedule for EasyJet at BHX is starting to take shape. Will it continue to change further, who knows but this is where we currently stand....

The stats we know so far!

BFS = 18x Weekly Flights
EDI = 13x Weekly Flights (NEW!!!)
GLA = 13x Weekly Flights (NEW!!!)
GVA = 3x Weekly Flights

Summer 2019

Weekly Flights = 21x Weekly
Weekly Seats = ~7,500 Seats
Annual Seats = ~ 393,000 Seats

Summer 2020

Weekly Flights = 47x Weekly
Weekly Seats = ~16,900 Seats
Annual Seats = ~880,000 Seats (124% Growth)

With these change alone, and this is before we know what is happening with any AMS/CDG flights, EasyJet are looking set to become a major carrier at BHX in 2020. Hopefully a corner has been turned and we are now reaching the critical mass when a base maybe considered in the future....???Who knows....

davidjohnson6
18th Sep 2019, 20:25
I wouldn't be so sure that Easyjet has a huge love of Birmingham - perhaps more a case of trying to pick off the best routes from a weak Flybe that knows Virgin is unlikely to set up a major hub in Birmingham any time soon and there there is little synergy between the 2 airlines at BHX
If you see Easyjet opening routes from Birmingham to Aberdeen, Amsterdam and Paris, then you can be certain it's a case of trying to make life harder for Flybe

GayFriendly
18th Sep 2019, 21:02
Why wouldn't EZY not have a growing love for BHX? I'm still sceptical of a BHX base but if you take a look, the majority of BE year round routes from BHX are to established EZY bases or destinations and could therefore slot in quite nicely for EZY if there is a huge downgrade of the BE network in 2020. I'm thinking TXL, MXP, LYS, AMS, CDG, HAM, ABZ, INV..and with some W-ops BOD, LRH, NQY and NOC could also work on a seasonal basis. The only ones I'm unsure about for EZY are HAJ, STR and the Channel Isles.

After a decade of just BFS and GVA, 2 new routes in as many months means there's something up. I think it's only a matter of time for CDG and AMS if nothing else, slots depending.

ib26uk
18th Sep 2019, 22:16
Aberdeen isnt an easyJet base..... Only Glasgow and Edinburgh in Scotland are...

A "W route" from another base ie - BFS-BHX-ABZ-BHX-BFS for example could work....

OltonPete
23rd Sep 2019, 22:08
Thomas Cook

Best wishes for all the staff and hopefully a quick return to employment after this terrible day.

My own story is from this year and somewhat explains one of the problems they had. What turned out to be my first and last return flight on Thomas Cook Airlines was actually booked through another travel agent that took seats on their flight, which was around £100 each cheaper than on the TC site and a better choice of accommodation.

Naturally without a second thought I booked with the other travel agent from home using the agents website and it was all done within 30 minutes. My eldest daughter used TC last summer and was not impressed with the service she got for the price paid with staff in the resort unhelpful or rude and needless to say there was no booking with them this summer. They seemed to be behind the game at BHX since the arrival of Jet2.

Jet2

Clearly they had a plan as the speed additional flights have been added was breath-taking.

The 11th based aircraft has been reactivated from October with extra flights to Antalya, Dalaman, Canaries, Palma, Mahon amongst others. Some of the increased run into the winter with some days at peak times seeing 3 Arrecifes' and 3 Tenerife's a day.

October half-term seems 9 Antalya flights and 8 Dalaman, which of course were two strong Thomas Cook services.

The winter base utilises between 1 and 11 aircraft a day with Christmas, New Year and February half-term particularly well catered for.

Pete

eggc
24th Sep 2019, 17:47
Everyone is behind the game versus Jet2 ! They are an outstanding outfit, from their image to their service. One would hope they've had plans in place for sometime to go some way quickly to filling the unfortunate void left by the sad demise of TCX. Maybe they can even look at expanding their offering...MCO is wide open now...

eye2eye5
24th Sep 2019, 19:47
I think one of their strengths is the ability to quickly bring in a relief aircraft if something goes wrong down line. Once you start to look at destinations such as MCO you rather lose that and you quickly make the headlines of the local papers for all the wrong reasons.

OltonPete
26th Sep 2019, 20:52
Austrian Airlines

Vienna bookable from Sunday 29 March Daily 195 taking over from Eurowings 12.30 - 13.15

Originally posted on F4A by Brum X but confirmed on the airlines own website

Jet2

More short-term increases on former Thomas Cook services

From 7 October

Tuesday extra Heraklion LS4223 up to 5 a week
Saturday Corfu LS4227 up to 3 a week
Sunday Larnaca LS4235 up to 4 a week
Saturday Las Palmas LS4233 now up to 5 a week
Wednesday Kos LS4237 now up to 3 a week
Friday Rhodes LS4229 now up to 5 a week

Pete

ssflyer
26th Sep 2019, 21:33
Pete
Any move/rumours yet on FR's routes and schedules from BHX for next summer?
They were going to cut back but maybe they are having a rethink?
SS

OltonPete
26th Sep 2019, 22:50
Pete
Any move/rumours yet on FR's routes and schedules from BHX for next summer?
They were going to cut back but maybe they are having a rethink?
SS

Hi ssflyer - never ever get Ryanair rumours at BHX and all we have to go on is the Guardian article yesterday which was about the UK but only mentioned Manchester and Stansted as their biggest bases and it did not read well for next summer. Whether it is Ryanair posturing or mis-reporting who knows and we will have to wait and see but absolutely no reaction to the Thomas Cook loss but there again the same could be said of TUI although of course both should have been operating the MAX.

They don't seem to have the stomach for the fight at BHX at the moment and it appears they are getting smashed by Jet2 at least frequency wise. As an example in February 2020, Arrecife Ryanair a pathetic 2 a week down from 3 and Jet2 from 5 to up to 9 a week.

Pete

jon01
27th Sep 2019, 05:44
Austrian Airlines

Vienna bookable from Sunday 29 March Daily 195 taking over from Eurowings 12.30 - 13.15

Pete

Austrian start on 01 Jan 2020 3 p/w (Wed,Fri,Sun), when Eurowings Europe drop to 1 p/w (Mon)

Austrian daily from 29 Mar 2020

OltonPete
27th Sep 2019, 23:13
Austrian start on 01 Jan 2020 3 p/w (Wed,Fri,Sun), when Eurowings Europe drop to 1 p/w (Mon)

Austrian daily from 29 Mar 2020

A very odd schedule but I presume due to the wind-down of Eurowings Europe at Vienna. Eurowings 6 a week in December alongside the twice weekly Jet2 and three a week Lauda

PIA

The Sunday service has started to appear in booking engines, Islamabad from 27th October.

Turkmenistan

A possible restart around the same time if the rumours are true.

Jet2

12 based from Monday week although they don't need all 12 everyday.

By 21st October 14 needed on a Saturday for 28 flights including one away based. Very difficult to keep track of as flights are getting added on a daily basis

Pete

insuindi
28th Sep 2019, 10:49
Unless there is a glitch in the system... - BE appear to be cancelling BHX servives now left right and centrein BHX too for winter. I have only checked my main routes:
BHX to HAM, HAJ, MXP, TXL all appear to stop over the coming weeks?!

PDXCWL45
28th Sep 2019, 10:58
Unless there is a glitch in the system... - BE appear to be cancelling BHX servives now left right and centrein BHX too for winter. I have only checked my main routes:
Aren't those routes operated by the E175s? Maybe they are withdrawing them?

OltonPete
28th Sep 2019, 13:11

Add Lyon by the look of it.

I don't mind them cutting routes as that is there prerogative but the late nature making it difficult for alternative arrangements to be made by pax (I bet Flybe have offered to fly pax via AMS & CDG) and also to get the routes replaced.

Don't get me wrong this is not a surprise as there were rumours but why leave it 4 weeks before.

PDXCWL45

Hamburg is a Dash flight and Hanover occasionally but the others are jets and it didn't take much working out Milan had no future especially after the Manchester service curtailment was announced. Berlin Lyon, Hanover and Hamburg were also fairly obvious not so would be Stuttgart and Dusseldorf but I expect the same in the future along with the seasonal French routes leaving reduced domestics and perhaps Knock.

easyjet is the obvious replacement for Berlin, Milan, Lyon and could be operated from the European base, Hanover could be lost and maybe Hamburg by FR although they seem comatose at BHX.

Pete

ZULUBOY
28th Sep 2019, 19:46
Add Lyon by the look of it.

I don't mind them cutting routes as that is there prerogative but the late nature making it difficult for alternative arrangements to be made by pax (I bet Flybe have offered to fly pax via AMS & CDG) and also to get the routes replaced.

Don't get me wrong this is not a surprise as there were rumours but why leave it 4 weeks before.

PDXCWL45

Hamburg is a Dash flight and Hanover occasionally but the others are jets and it didn't take much working out Milan had no future especially after the Manchester service curtailment was announced. Berlin Lyon, Hanover and Hamburg were also fairly obvious not so would be Stuttgart and Dusseldorf but I expect the same in the future along with the seasonal French routes leaving reduced domestics and perhaps Knock.

easyjet is the obvious replacement for Berlin, Milan, Lyon and could be operated from the European base, Hanover could be lost and maybe Hamburg by FR although they seem comatose at BHX.

Pete

My wife and daughter are due to fly to TXL on 27th December (me and my son are taking the train) and we've had no notification of cancellation or rearrangement yet

OltonPete
28th Sep 2019, 20:47
My wife and daughter are due to fly to TXL on 27th December (me and my son are taking the train) and we've had no notification of cancellation or rearrangement yet

Sorry to hear that Zuluboy and I am sure there would be quite a few affected by Berlin and Milan (Still in the TUI timetable for next summer).

It can be a typically shabby method used by some airlines to remove flights from the system on a Friday but not announcing it publicly before eventually getting around to telling the passengers, whilst all the time your money in their bank account. I am not say that this was deliberate by Flybe but it has been known to have happened before with other airlines.

The usual pathetic excuses airlines offer, is that you can't expect IT systems to be synced or updated so quickly or the flights are not actually cancelled just under review. The former would take competence and organisation and although it is not always easy to do depending on the quality of your IT systems but of course it benefits the provider a little to keep your money as long as they can.

However as yet in Flybe's case it could have been an unforeseen major IT malfunction rather than beneficial timing to give the social media team and customer services a quiet weekend..

I suppose we will have to give them the benefit of doubt if the flights were only taken off sale Friday, I suppose it isn't too unreasonable if they email you Monday but still lame in my opinion.

EDIT some flights reappear Feb half term which is odd as these are not summer flights but business flights and Berlin of course December is really popular so something is up with the IT
Pete

ZULUBOY
29th Sep 2019, 07:43
Sorry to hear that Zuluboy and I am sure there would be quite a few affected by Berlin and Milan (Still in the TUI timetable for next summer).

It can be a typically shabby method used by some airlines to remove flights from the system on a Friday but not announcing it publicly before eventually getting around to telling the passengers, whilst all the time your money in their bank account. I am not say that this was deliberate by Flybe but it has been known to have happened before with other airlines.

The usual pathetic excuses airlines offer, is that you can't expect IT systems to be synced or updated so quickly or the flights are not actually cancelled just under review. The former would take competence and organisation and although it is not always easy to do depending on the quality of your IT systems but of course it benefits the provider a little to keep your money as long as they can.

However as yet in Flybe's case it could have been an unforeseen major IT malfunction rather than beneficial timing to give the social media team and customer services a quiet weekend..

I suppose we will have to give them the benefit of doubt if the flights were only taken off sale Friday, I suppose it isn't too unreasonable if they email you Monday but still lame in my opinion.

EDIT some flights reappear Feb half term which is odd as these are not summer flights but business flights and Berlin of course December is really popular so something is up with the IT
Pete
https://twitter.com/furanchi/status/1178016540651921408?s=19

ZULUBOY
29th Sep 2019, 08:38
https://twitter.com/furanchi/status/1178016540651921408?s=19

Confirmed with Flybe that the three bookings we have to and/or from TXL are all cancelled. No alternative routings offered

GayFriendly
29th Sep 2019, 11:18
Confirmed with Flybe that the three bookings we have to and/or from TXL are all cancelled. No alternative routings offered

Appalling behaviour from Flybe in terms of customer service and care. I have had my flights BHX-TXL cancelled at the end of November, again no offer of any help or alternative routings.

It is of course no major surprise: Connect/VS have made it clear that their focus is LHR and MAN, I should imagine the BE network from BHX will be substantially smaller next summer, thanks goodness EZY are jumping in on EDI and GLA. There is no VS operation to feed into at BHX! However it is the way that Flybe have sneakily culled these routes that have got me angry, and their lack of interest in offering any assistance to help with wrecked travel plans. Shabby as f**k.

Of course the other worry is that I doubt BHX have a Plan B, again heads will have been stuck in sand, just like years ago before BA withdrew. Flybe have been on the wire for a long time and the worry is that this could be the first in a series of culls - I would put good money on none of the French regional routes being back in 2020, at least TXL, LYS and MXP are (for now) back on sale from Feb. I guess seasonal is better than nothing.....

So, for me, Flybe's and BHX's loss will be FR and EMA's gain.....

Matt995
29th Sep 2019, 11:32
now reported on social media (thanks to @seanm1997 & @luxurytravelled):-

strange restart dates? Lack of crews? Lack of aircraft maybe?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/609x459/image_6db89e0815e09c68c124650c328e45e4e3dea52e.png

yeo valley
29th Sep 2019, 12:38
For Berlin flights,look at Easyjet from BRS around Christmas time.

PDXCWL45
29th Sep 2019, 12:55
For Berlin flights,look at Easyjet from BRS around Christmas time.
But be prepared to pay! They won't be cheap!

ZULUBOY
29th Sep 2019, 13:20
But be prepared to pay! They won't be cheap!

We're going to conjure our inner Greta and all of the family will do it by train now. Deutsche Bahn don't charge for kids so the price works out similar to what we'd have paid with Flybe.

PDXCWL45
29th Sep 2019, 13:38
We're going to conjure our inner Greta and all of the family will do it by train now. Deutsche Bahn don't charge for kids so the price works out similar to what we'd have paid with Flybe.
Different! Enjoy!

ZULUBOY
29th Sep 2019, 13:52
Different! Enjoy!

Cheers. We've done it before and it's a really nice trip

ATNotts
29th Sep 2019, 14:23

And you'll get a more comfortable seat, with more leg room. In addition you'll see a deal more the the country that you ever would from an aircraft seat.

jfy1999
1st Oct 2019, 07:57
Either the BHX network has been decimated or we are simply the last UK airport waiting for the S20 schedule to load?

Worrying times as the likes of Murcia, Girona and the Canaries seem to have been axed from other UK airports that have had their schedules loaded.

ssflyer
1st Oct 2019, 08:55
Either the BHX network has been decimated or we are simply the last UK airport waiting for the S20 schedule to load?

Worrying times as the likes of Murcia, Girona and the Canaries seem to have been axed from other UK airports that have had their schedules loaded.

If so that just leaves only Jet2 BHX to Girona, twice weekly,early morning departures and at a silly price...and Tui twice weekly ,at even sillier prices...

SS

inOban
1st Oct 2019, 14:19
Or rather Jet2 and TUI are charging economic fares while Ryanair are charging silly fares on which they are losing money, and hence they are dropping the route.

OltonPete
1st Oct 2019, 21:22

It is not the full schedule and clearly work in progress.

The spacing of the flights released so far give few clues but there are definitely a reduction in frequencies on some routes such as Alicante at the moment.

It is possible the base might drop to 3 if the UK bases are indeed to be punished (no further comment yet) but some of routes yet to be released are where the away base is to be closed or reduced. However on the core sun routes Jet2 keep increasing and wiping the floor with FR in respect of frequencies almost to the point of embarrassment when you consider Jet2 at BHX a few years ago didn't have a single flight.

Flybe

Business traveller (https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2019/09/30/flybe-confirms-route-suspensions-from-birmingham-and-london-city/)

According to the link Flybe will be back on Berlin, Lyon and Milan

Is this just a staged withdrawal to lessen the publicity and will the February/March flights quietly disappear at some point? I suppose if they get released for summer that will inspire a bit more confidence.

I am surprised they at least didn't keep Berlin in November and December on the Q400

Pete

yeo valley
2nd Oct 2019, 04:14
If so that just leaves only Jet2 BHX to Girona, twice weekly,early morning departures and at a silly price...and Tui twice weekly ,at even sillier prices...

SS

Girona seems to be dropped from all UK airports with the exception of STN.

OltonPete
2nd Oct 2019, 19:51
Source: CAA Provisional figures CAA

August 2019 1407086 plus 3% compared to

August 2018 1368524 and

August 2017 1496213
August 2019 Dubai averaged 550 per flight and 89% load factor and Qatar was okay at 13122 up 5.2% 211 per flight 83%

July route analysis has been done will post later

Pete

OltonPete
2nd Oct 2019, 21:19
Sources: CAA for the passenger figures.....FR24 for the rotations and various sites for confgs

Nothing too surprising with Agadir and Vienna not improving. Some business routes had more rotations but some smaller aircraft used helping to increase the figures. Dubai and Doha very average for July and I am not sure if one of the Air India tech stop flights (IAD-DEL) is in the figures and if so it would be 241 and 94%.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1598x661/screenshot_5__44c545d3fb09f9d4fb6bb520fc77068ced98ea7e.png
Pete

Fried_Chicken
7th Oct 2019, 12:09
FlyEgypt will be operating a once weekly rotation from and to Hurghada over Winter to replace capacity lost from the closure of TCX

FC

FQTLSteve
7th Oct 2019, 12:36
Waiting for a flight in Aspire Lounge and a Eastern 737-800 N276EA just arrived and on stand 41R unloading now. Not what I expected to see anyone know more. Sad to see 2 TCX A321 still here.

THEWEASEL
7th Oct 2019, 12:47
Waiting for a flight in Aspire Lounge and a Eastern 737-800 N276EA just arrived and on stand 41R unloading now. Not what I expected to see anyone know more. Sad to see 2 TCX A321 still here.

Smartwings (Czech Airlines holiday arm) op for Czech Airlines mainline regular scheduled service. Prob a 'down day' when this aircraft isn't operating Med charter flights for the Czech market.

FQTLSteve
7th Oct 2019, 13:10
The Eastern 738 is now departing empty.

crewmeal
7th Oct 2019, 13:21
FlyEgypt will be operating a once weekly rotation from and to Hurghada over Winter to replace capacity lost from the closure of TCX

Is this a charter flight bookable through an agent as there is nothing on their website to show any schedules?

Fried_Chicken
7th Oct 2019, 15:30

The Eastern B738 was operating the CSA flight from and to Prague

Quote:FlyEgypt will be operating a once weekly rotation from and to Hurghada over Winter to replace capacity lost from the closure of TCX

Is this a charter flight bookable through an agent as there is nothing on their website to show any schedules?

It's a charter flight, I believe it may be for Co-op travel

FC

fjencl
7th Oct 2019, 15:52
The Eastern 738 is now departing empty.
Never knew Eastern had that type of aircraft on the fleet.

Alteagod
7th Oct 2019, 16:29
Its not Eastern I think it is Eastern

toledoashley
7th Oct 2019, 17:14
The Eastern B738 was operating the CSA flight from and to Prague

It's a charter flight, I believe it may be for Co-op travel

FC

It not Co-Op, its Red Sea Holidays (they own Red Sea Hotels in Egypt)

OltonPete
7th Oct 2019, 21:46
It not Co-Op, its Red Sea Holidays (they own Red Sea Hotels in Egypt)

Confirmed, definitely showing on the website quoted.

A decent day really with Enter Air taking on Banjul from Wednesday 18 December on behalf of Gambia Experience and Ryanair slowing loading the full 2020 summer schedule showing 4 based and only Girona missing.

Some day changes, the odd frequency reduction but overall not too bad.

Pete

crewmeal
10th Oct 2019, 05:20
All these Flybe cancellations, what's happening to the crews at BHX and elsewhere? I hope their jobs are safe.

sixchannel
10th Oct 2019, 07:59
This has all the look of shutting down the Operation bit by bit rather than any integration, re-branding, etc.
Cowardice Management technique - it happened to me once back in the day.. Cut the branches off the tree one by one until only the trunk was left and then they grew a pair and finally chopped it down and put it out of its misery. Excuse the bad metaphor.

levelone
16th Oct 2019, 17:12
Jet 2 website showing Barcelona from April 2020 Monday and Friday. The Jet 2 thread also mentions Skiathos Wednesdays from Birmingham. More to come?

OltonPete
16th Oct 2019, 20:20
Jet 2 website showing Barcelona from April 2020 Monday and Friday. The Jet 2 thread also mentions Skiathos Wednesdays from Birmingham. More to come?

From the Jet2 threadRoute Increases
AYT: 8 x weekly (+2 x weekly added)
DLM: 8 x weekly (+2 x weekly added)
FUE: 4 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
LPA: 5 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
KGS: 3 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
ACE: 8 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
LCA: 5 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
MLA: 2 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
MAH: 5 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
TFS: 12 x weekly (+2 x weekly added
ZTH: 4 x weekly (+1 x weekly added)
MAEL

Sold to a US company, established in 1986. Their work seems very diverse from looking at their website and they bought the Apple Aviation Newquay facility recently.

MRO (https://www.mro-network.com/maintenance-repair-overhaul/sts-buys-former-monarch-birmingham-hangar?utm_rid=CPEN1000001012537&utm_campaign=21774&utm_medium=email&elq2=8f6a38917739470281c18cdd95a886b6)

Pete

OltonPete
18th Oct 2019, 19:47
This has all the look of shutting down the Operation bit by bit rather than any integration, re-branding, etc.
Cowardice Management technique - it happened to me once back in the day.. Cut the branches off the tree one by one until only the trunk was left and then they grew a pair and finally chopped it down and put it out of its misery. Excuse the bad metaphor.

I couldn't agree more, it appears it is being stage-managed and it is now at the point where you dare not look at the schedule. Knock weekly in January - come on what is the point, Inverness 3 a week, Stuttgart halved in January, Amsterdam on some days 7 down to 4 and although immediately after New Year things can be difficult but these are by far the most severe cuts I have ever seen.

TUI

Things move slowly in TUI land but they have added a third Hurghada for winter on a Thursday which means that all the extra flights this winter which they added in release 1 and then removed (other than Agadir which remained) are back.

Hurghada was a Tuesday but now is Thursday and from 21 Nov 7 based flights showing, 788 (MCT), 789 (BGI) and AGA, BVC, HRG, LPA & ACE.

The post New Year schedule is still reduced with zero FUE for 3 weeks, AGA, NBE and RAK resting as well plus the 3 LPA's down to 1 at times. I have never seen the Canaries reduced even in January other than FUE which was shared with Thomas Cook.

Summer 2020 shows zero increases as yet but three based flights now away based (AYT, DLM & NBE) and more interestingly Flybe still shown on SZG and MXP.

Like other posters have said on the TUI thread I am not sure why the 787 schedule has one aircraft positioning in to operate one flight a week. Hopefully this will change to 7 days and operate to the Med as rumoured even if there doesn't appear to be any room with the 787 utilisation at present.

The April 787 schedule is very impressive with 2 based most days and they have brought forward the second Sanford to April.

Pete

OltonPete
20th Oct 2019, 22:12
Like Newcastle and Edinburgh some of the Ryanair Palma services next summer are now showing as Lauda

Both Sunday services, Monday, Tuesday. Friday and Saturday are all Lauda

This leaves the Wednesday BHX based as FR and both Thursday away based flights still showing as FR.

Better news from Brussels Airlines in November as the A319/A320 appears to be on the night-stop and the first inbound morning flight leaving the reinstated early afternoon and early evening as Cityjet.

PIA

Back to 4 a week next weekend but there is an article indicating more BHX flights but not sure if this includes the reinstated Sunday service or there are more frequencies in the pipeline.

Pete

OltonPete
21st Oct 2019, 22:55
TUI

Prompted from posts on other threads I spent the last hour copying the TUI summer schedule at BHX and I have the times for 10 based aircraft (9 short-haul up one) including big increases in frequencies but only displayed in flight only.

The holiday section and timetable don't show these flights and now the flight only seems to have been wound-back.

Has somebody had "fat fingers" and uploaded a revised schedule a tad early?

Pete

Buster the Bear
22nd Oct 2019, 10:17
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/347190/birmingham-banjul-flights-added-this-winter

crewmeal
22nd Oct 2019, 13:10
So who is now going fly into SSH now the govt have given clearance to fly there?
SSH (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50137471)

Flying Wild
22nd Oct 2019, 16:34
Jet2 to base 3 A321 (on the Jet2 AOC) at BHX for next summer.

OltonPete
25th Oct 2019, 22:36
Jet2 to base 3 A321 (on the Jet2 AOC) at BHX for next summer.

Jet2 - 14 based aircraft tomorrow and 27 flights this I believe is the most flights in a single day for Jet2 at BHX, this includes the Smart Lynx A321 and Titan A320..

It seems that a Monday & Friday Tenerife and Monday Arrecife were added today for the quiet post New Year, pre Feb half-term period. No change to the number of based aircraft required which is between 2 and 11.

Turkish Airlines

It seems that winter 2019/20 will see the first ever regular A321 scheduled. Currently showing on TK1969/70 all winter alas on a Monday only.

Pete

jon01
26th Oct 2019, 09:55
A new series of charter flights went on sale today to Dubrovnik. Unusually they run weekly on Sundays from 9th Feb 2020 until 3rd May 2020 for cultural holidays in Croatia and Montenegro. Flights are expected to be operated by Croatia Airlines routing via Manchester

The above flights will be operated by a Freebird A320, they only now operate until 19 April 2020

Bookable here: https://www.rsd-travel.co.uk/travel-request/?reise_id=4834

BHX5DME
26th Oct 2019, 10:29
Quite a few in the system in December

chaps1954
26th Oct 2019, 10:33
Seem to be a lot of upgrades from UK this winter

chinapattern
26th Oct 2019, 16:15
Quite a few in the system in December

Brilliant to see QR upgrading, just a pity they’re sending the ugly duckling! The 789 is a much nicer bird!

Captain_Caveman
26th Oct 2019, 19:19
Brilliant to see QR upgrading, just a pity they’re sending the ugly duckling! The 789 is a much nicer bird!

not might be to look at but certainly not to travel in !

chaps1954
27th Oct 2019, 00:00
A350 any day so much more class especially A350 1000

Ian

GayFriendly
27th Oct 2019, 09:07
Totally agree, the QR A350 a much nicer plane to fly on as pax, with better legroom and space in Economy. QR 787's can best be described as cosy....would be some much needed positive news for BHX if this turned into a permanent upgrade. Here's hoping, it would give a much better product on this route than the current 787 offering.

FQTLSteve
31st Oct 2019, 07:27
Flew out of BHX early yesterday to AGP with Jet2 from Gate 69 bussed out to a/c passed a line of Jet2 737's but also an A321 (I don't have any more details) all white but with large red JET2.COM on fuselage and tail. Might it be one of the new allocation?

chaps1954
31st Oct 2019, 07:35
Not yet as they are not due until April, it will be one of the leased in machines for this summer/autumn

Ian

Buster the Bear
6th Nov 2019, 17:27
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/red-sea-holidays-to-launch-sharm-flights-from-birmingham-20004?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Midday%20Bulletin

Be a good chap
7th Nov 2019, 14:35
Flew out of BHX early yesterday to AGP with Jet2 from Gate 69 bussed out to a/c passed a line of Jet2 737's but also an A321 (I don't have any more details) all white but with large red JET2.COM on fuselage and tail. Might it be one of the new allocation?

It will be a leased one, most likely from Titan

Matt995
7th Nov 2019, 23:11
It will be a leased one, most likely from Titan

It would have been SmartLynx A321 YL-LCV that was on lease to Jet2, and based at Birmingham all summer!

jon01
8th Nov 2019, 06:03
Another Orlando increase with Sunday added, making 3pw, designed to connect with cruise ship 'Discovery', which will be summer-based at Port Canaveral in 2021

Also:
2 x Montego Bay pw
2 x Punta Cana pw

nwoody2001
8th Nov 2019, 09:13
Another Orlando increase with Sunday added, making 3pw, designed to connect with cruise ship 'Discovery', which will be summer-based at Port Canaveral in 2021

Also:
2 x Montego Bay pw
2 x Punta Cana pw

and Cancun...

3x Orlando Sanford
2x Montego Bay
2x Punta Cana
2x Cancun

jon01
11th Nov 2019, 19:16
Sharm El Sheikh with TUI resumes on Wednesdays from 19th Feb 2020, increasing to Sunday and Wednesday from 3rd May 2020

OltonPete
12th Nov 2019, 22:32
Sharm El Sheikh with TUI resumes on Wednesdays from 19th Feb 2020, increasing to Sunday and Wednesday from 3rd May 2020

Replaces Paphos which ends on the 1st January and now restarts Saturday 14th March. The Wednesday flight in the first release operated all winter but it ends up 3 a week by the end of March which is an increase..

Flybe

Getting loaded into GDS and it will be interesting to see how this translates to their website.

The headline at the moment but this is provisional is that Dusseldorf is not bookable and Eurowings coincidentally is 4 daily next summer and all A319’s

Berlin, MIlan, Lyon and Stuttgart all back at a similar schedule.

Other French routes no sign.

Amsterdam is down to 4 daily - I can't believe only one slot taken by another airline ad CDG showing 3 daily.

EDI showing increased to 8 daily - well at least on a Monday two of which are 175's, Glasgow remains 7 with the first out and last in 175's - what a surprise.

Knock on certain days showing as a jet and Newquay is back starting May

No apparent change to Aberdeen , Inverness, Belfast City, Isle of Man and Jersey other than timings.

I only checked random dates so some routes might just start later in the season.

Pete

ib26uk
12th Nov 2019, 22:54
Any news on the easyJet Edinburgh to Birmingham route?

I`m keen to fly on this route as I go to Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh several times each a year - Looking for a change from flybe...

BHX5DME
13th Nov 2019, 06:18
Should go on sale in December
not sure why the delay ?

GayFriendly
13th Nov 2019, 20:01
Well, as expected quite the cull. The following routes dropped that operated in 2019 from BHX

Avignon, Bastia, Bergerac, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Brest, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, La Rochelle.

Of these, Bergerac will remain on the departure boards as will be operated by Jet2.

So that leaves only Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Milan, Lyon and Nantes as Eurooean routes. Better than nothing but so much for the rumours that BHX was a profitable base for BE and the blurb about maintaining regional connectivity in the Virgin Connect press releases.

OltonPete
13th Nov 2019, 21:02
Well, as expected quite the cull. The following routes dropped that operated in 2019 from BHX

Avignon, Bastia, Bergerac, Biarritz, Bordeaux, Brest, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, La Rochelle.

Of these, Bergerac will remain on the departure boards as will be operated by Jet2.

So that leaves only Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Stuttgart, Milan, Lyon and Nantes as Eurooean routes. Better than nothing but so much for the rumours that BHX was a profitable base for BE and the blurb about maintaining regional connectivity in the Virgin Connect press releases.

The lost destinations at the moment are Biarritz, Bastia, Dusseldorf, Hamburg and Hanover.

The rest are just much reduced if certain booking engines are correct

I think all from JulyNTE - Mon & Fri -
BOD - Tue/Thu/Sat
EGC - SatAVN - Sat
BES- Sat
LRH- Sat

Pete

BRUpax
13th Nov 2019, 22:17
Quite surprised to see DUS dropped by BE. I noted last time I booked EWG (DUS-BHX-DUS) that they were down to 2 daily (weekdays). Was/is that a temporary thing? With BE dropping DUS, will EWG increase their frequency?

Navpi
14th Nov 2019, 16:55
10 gone apparently.

Hope for BHXs sake somone picks them up.

ATNotts
14th Nov 2019, 18:07
10 gone apparently.

Hope for BHXs sake somone picks them up.

10 what? Gone where?

If that refers to FlyBe then Pete's analysis suggests on 4 routes gone, which give the dire forecasts of doom and gloom doesn't appear to me to be too bad a result.

OltonPete
14th Nov 2019, 21:37
10 what? Gone where?

If that refers to FlyBe then Pete's analysis suggests on 4 routes gone, which give the dire forecasts of doom and gloom doesn't appear to me to be too bad a result.

Sorry AT I only concentrated on the main routes where there would be a significant loss but I wasn't far out on the number of routes but reduced capacity is more the issue - my apologies.

The routes are

Dusseldorf - 1 - 3 daily
Hamburg 4- 6 a week
Hannover 4-7 a week
Biarritz 1-3 a week
Bastia - weekly

I think that is it just the 5 and I can only see Hamburg getting replaced as a schedule and Eurowings taking up the DUS slack.

I think the problem was a lot of the routes operate for two months only so the capacity cut is quite significant with the likes of Avignon, Brest, La Rochelle and Bergerac just weekly, Newquay starting later but overall it is not too bad. To be honest I have not really delved too deeply other than Amsterdam and CDG for obvious reasons. The base fares on these two look a little high so just maybe we haven't had the last amendments on these routes.

Pete

BOHEuropean
15th Nov 2019, 07:45
Don't write them all off yet, there's still phase two of the summer schedule to be released; I would expect Dusseldorf to be a part of that although I have no inside knowledge... But from the schedule data, there looks to still be a DUS based aircraft (operates to MAN midday) but no flights in the morning or evening for that aircraft when it would usually fly to BHX and extra rotation to MAN. Unless there will be a new destination for DUS (probably unlikely given all the cuts there) then it would make sense that BHX will still be served.

jon01
16th Nov 2019, 18:06
Flybe have now confirmed the four routes dropped for summer 2020:

Bastia
Biarritz
Hamburg
Hannover

OltonPete
16th Nov 2019, 20:01
Flybe have now confirmed the four routes dropped for summer 2020:

Bastia
Biarritz
Hamburg
Hannover

Therefore double good news on Dusseldorf if it is continuing and increased by Eurowings.

Also potentially triple good news on DUS if there is a new decent schedule rather than the current one where you have to leave the city or surrounding area around 3.30-4pm to get the last Flybe flight back - really business friendly.

Pete

OltonPete
20th Nov 2019, 20:05
Therefore double good news on Dusseldorf if it is continuing and increased by Eurowings.

Also potentially triple good news on DUS if there is a new decent schedule rather than the current one where you have to leave the city or surrounding area around 3.30-4pm to get the last Flybe flight back - really business friendly.

Pete

The Flybe DUS is definitely needed as the Eurowings schedule is a bit variable in April to say the least, four on a Monday and none on a Saturday at times.

Turkmenistan

In GDS from Friday 6 December 737 twice a week (Sunday the other day).

Connections and fares still to be loaded but looking as if they will be back well in time for Christmas.

Jet2

April seat-maps showing at least 3 A321's departing in the morning - found 4 on a Sunday.

Pete

chinapattern
28th Nov 2019, 17:19
TUI adding a x1 weekly flight to Banjul from Nov 20.

OltonPete
28th Nov 2019, 21:53
TUI adding a x1 weekly flight to Banjul from Nov 20.

Currently replaces one of the two Boa Vista services and one of the two Sharm replaces a Wednesday Tenerife.

For a third time in four years Split is off sale again - must be some kind of record. It has never operated. However summer 2020 still looking good with 10 based and 11 on a Tuesday when the second 787 operates for one day only.

Jet2

Seat Maps for summer 2020 now showing 4 based A321's as expected.

Pete

Matt995
2nd Dec 2019, 22:54
Turkmenistan Airlines (T5) has announced that starting, Friday the 13th of December 2019, flights from Ashgabat (ASB) to Birmingham (BHX) v.v. will be resumed.

Winter Timetable 2019/2020 from Birmingham,

BIRMINGHAM - ASHGABAT FRIDAYS BHX-ASB 12.50 - 00.10 B737 T5 425

ASHGABAT - BIRMINGHAM FRIDAYS ASB-BHX 09.10 - 11.00 B737 T5 426

The Turkmenistan Airlines fleet consists of only modern Boeing (717,737,757 and 777) aircrafts. All international flights are operated in a two-class configuration: Business and Economy Class. The weekly return flight to / from Birmingham will be operated by a modern Boeing 737-800. Turkmenistan Airlines is the only airline offering non-stop flights between the United Kingdom and Turkmenistan.

OltonPete
2nd Dec 2019, 23:06
Currently replaces one of the two Boa Vista services and one of the two Sharm replaces a Wednesday Tenerife.

For a third time in four years Split is off sale again - must be some kind of record. It has never operated. However summer 2020 still looking good with 10 based and 11 on a Tuesday when the second 787 operates for one day only.

Jet2

Seat Maps for summer 2020 now showing 4 based A321's as expected.

Pete

Latest additions - as per the Jet2 thread new once weekly Santorini plus a 4th Corfu and 6th Heraklion.

Second TK A332 in December was showing in booking engines yesterday - Saturday 21st TK1967/8

Pete

GayFriendly
4th Dec 2019, 16:28
Latest additions - as per the Jet2 thread new once weekly Santorini plus a 4th Corfu and 6th Heraklion.

And now LISBON has been added from BHX and MAN according to drop down destination list on website. Reportedly twice weekly Mon and Fri mid April to end of June and from mid-Sept to end of Oct.

This makes a grand total of 50 Jet2 destinations served from BHX in 2020....will there be any more?!

sinbad73
4th Dec 2019, 21:43
And now LISBON has been added from BHX and MAN according to drop down destination list on website. Reportedly twice weekly Mon and Fri mid April to end of June and from mid-Sept to end of Oct.

This makes a grand total of 50 Jet2 destinations served from BHX in 2020....will there be any more?!

They've come a long way in a short time at BHX. Well done LS.

chinapattern
5th Dec 2019, 20:39
Reportedly Goa re-instated and Punta Cana going back to year round. Nothing bookable as yet so as ever with TUI a case of watch this space.

GayFriendly
6th Dec 2019, 16:37
I've read elsewhere that PUJ is indeed available next winter but GOI isnt, the press release in true TUI style released before booking systems fully updated! But you never know, GOI has always been.a popular route on the occasions it has operated!

Garstag
6th Dec 2019, 22:27
They've come a long way in a short time at BHX. Well done LS.

I suspect Birmingham will be come Jet2’s second biggest uk departure aiirport in 2021. With added based airframes and more destinations far our stripping the forecast of Stansted and better than Leeds.

jon01
8th Dec 2019, 13:02
Summer 2020

The two Flybe charter flights on Saturday to Salzburg have now been combined onto one TUI B738, one of the two morning Ibiza flights have been dropped to accommodate Salzburg

07:00 / 12:05 TOM7680/7681

The Ionian Island Holidays charters on Flybe to Kefalonia and Preveza have been dropped

The only surviving Flybe charter is to Innsbruck on Saturday

Matt995
9th Dec 2019, 22:39
CSA Czech Airways, won't be returning to Birmingham this summer, citing 737 Max delayed deliveries as the reason why, airline has 7 grounded Max's and 32 on order still...

another airline to remove of the serving list, maybe Jet 2 will pick up the slack again?

OltonPete
12th Dec 2019, 22:08
I've read elsewhere that PUJ is indeed available next winter but GOI isnt, the press release in true TUI style released before booking systems fully updated! But you never know, GOI has always been.a popular route on the occasions it has operated!

Goa now bookable Wednesday next winter

Punta Cana looks a bit more like spin as yes more seats but you still can't book it for nearly 4 out the 6 months but when you can it is twice weekly.

The timings of the Monday Dubai World Central and Wednesday LWK & UTP really means the second 787 is operating every weekday.

Now for the even better news...…………….Cancun increased to up to 3 a week summer 2020 making the second 787 based for 2 days. Wednesday has been added and this results in an increase in seats after the initial strange decrease as the Monday service disappears for 6 weeks as the aircraft heads north. No such luck for Montego Bay which also halves for 6 weeks.

Qatar A359 started today for its brief pre Christmas run.

Ionian Holidays are offering EFL PVK on the Manchester Jet2 but not using BHX's new service which is a shame.

Pete

chinapattern
13th Dec 2019, 11:30
Resuming Athens x2 weekly from June 2nd.

GayFriendly
13th Dec 2019, 20:47
Great news about Aegean and a very welcome return despite the night hour schedule. They offer some great connections to some of the lesser known Greek Islands or, as I did, it's easy to stopover in ATH before heading out from Pireaus on the ferries.

Also very pleased to see Goa back, it's a fantastic, if touristy, winter beach destination and it's easy to fly onwards from Goa to Mumbai and Delhi to see 'classic' India, depending of course on the seat only prices...

In other news, I have it on very reliable authority that work starts very soon to re-brand the entire Flybe check in area ias Virgin Connect and that they are committed to BHX. However, the long term route strategy from BHX is still a work in progress, but new routes are not out of the question althoughh no major changes in based units planned for the foreseeable

BHX5DME
16th Dec 2019, 18:11
Easyjet EDI now on sale !

Plane mad 134
16th Dec 2019, 18:13
Easyjet EDI now on sale !

Great news!

OltonPete
24th Dec 2019, 19:53
Great news about Aegean and a very welcome return despite the night hour schedule. They offer some great connections to some of the lesser known Greek Islands or, as I did, it's easy to stopover in ATH before heading out from Pireaus on the ferries.

Also very pleased to see Goa back, it's a fantastic, if touristy, winter beach destination and it's easy to fly onwards from Goa to Mumbai and Delhi to see 'classic' India, depending of course on the seat only prices...

In other news, I have it on very reliable authority that work starts very soon to re-brand the entire Flybe check in area ias Virgin Connect and that they are committed to BHX. However, the long term route strategy from BHX is still a work in progress, but new routes are not out of the question althoughh no major changes in based units planned for the foreseeable

Hi GF - Do you know what is the issue with DUS not going on sale for summer as I believe it isn't dropped and again has there been any word on whether there has been any interest in their CDG and AMS slots? I know the obvious answer to the latter is no, as they have put both of sale albeit Amsterdam reduced to 4 daily. I was wondering whether BHX has been given so many based units for summer 2020 but the DUS doesn't fit?

November

Not often you say excellent figures when down but below 2% 810622 in 2019 compared with 824531 in 2018. At first I couldn't see 800K so overall very good with QR, EK, PK and AI all up.

Ryanair

Girona back on sale from July Monday, Wednesday based and Friday away based. Not sure what the based flights have replaced but suspect it is a route where there is an away base.

Merry Christmas all

Pete

Loui
24th Dec 2019, 22:34
Does anyone know why Air Arabia has quietly dropped out BhX from October 2019?
also how Many total aircraft with Jet 2 will be based at Bhx during peak summer2020?

Rutan16
25th Dec 2019, 12:27
also how Many total aircraft with Jet 2 will be based at Bhx during peak summer2020?

Closed their Agadir base flights also terminated to Manchester and Gatwick

Matt995
25th Dec 2019, 23:07

Jet 2 should be basing at least 13 aircraft, some days 14 are needed, of which 4 will be A321's

LGS6753
26th Dec 2019, 09:23
Jet 2 should be basing at least 13 aircraft, some days 14 are needed, of which 4 will be A321's

How does that compare to the lost based fleets of Monarch and TC?

OltonPete
26th Dec 2019, 12:49
How does that compare to the lost based fleets of Monarch and TC?

Matt might have a more accurate response but Monarch I believed peaked at 10 but that if correct was peak season only with the 10th operating afternoons only (could have been 9). That was a either a 6/3 or 7/3 mix favouring the A321.

Thomas Cook is easy and it was never more than 4 based - 3 x A321 and 1 x A320 but summer 18 saw 6 or 7 away based flights and 2019 none. Therefore the peak for seats was summer2018 if my memory serves me correctly.

However TUI was only 7 short-haul based in 2018, 8 in 2019 and will be nine in 2020 aircraft willing (11 in total on two days with the 787).

Jet2 of course operated 4 based in the year Monarch went out of business.

2017 could have seen 10 Monarch 8 TUI 4 FR, 4 Jet2 and 13 Flybe and 2020 could be 14 Jet2 10 TUI, 4 FR, 8 Flybe - 36. Plenty of room at the Inn as they say.

Ryanair still is equivalent of around 7 based with the away based flying so very similar, easyjet of course are way up with the addition of Glasgow and Edinburgh, Wizz is up, Blue Air down, Aegean to come back but Czezh and Air Arabia have ceased.

As Matt has stated Jet2 could quite easily become 13 as there are a lot of gaps in the schedule but some frequencies are down no doubt due to the addition of the A321.

Some minor increases are expected but of course depending on post Christmas bookings it could also go the other way.

This winter the majority of the Thomas Cook schedule has been replaced by Jet2 or to a lesser extent TUI and Enter Air. What has not been replaced is the severe Flybe cuts and there is more to come from January.

Pete

LGS6753
26th Dec 2019, 15:51
Pete,

Thanks for your most comprehensive reply.

LGS

Matt995
27th Dec 2019, 00:58
Matt might have a more accurate response but Monarch I believed peaked at 10 but that if correct was peak season only with the 10th operating afternoons only (could have been 9). That was a either a 6/3 or 7/3 mix favouring the A321.

Pete

indeed Pete, 2017 saw the largerest Monarch base with 10 aircraft based peak season, 1 x 738, 2 x 320, and 7 321's and Thomas Cook had 4 aircraft, 1 x 320, 3 x 321, while Jet 2 had only started operations, with a base of 4 738's, TUI had 7 aircraft, 1 x 788, 3 x 757, 3 x 738, so total aircraft based in the record breaking summer 2017 was 25.

With Jet 2 having 13 or 14 aircraft, and TUI 10 aircraft provisionally for 2020, capacity will still be slightly down on 2017 levels at present, just hope the 738 Max issues dont effect TUI too much, always still possible that they might have to reduce the base due to lack of aircraft. Should know more I guess in the coming months!

Matt995
31st Dec 2019, 16:13
Current Jet 2 Summer 2020 timetable attached, based on August 2020

13 based aircraft, 6 A321’s, and 7 B738’s, with the Palma based B738 visiting most days, and an Alicante B738 on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1 A321 is spare on Tuesday’s, 1 B738 spare on Wednesday’s, and only available slot is on Thursday from 19:00 when the Palma based aircraft could do another flight.

Only strange day is Sunday, when 1 extra B738 is needed just to operate Corfu only.

OltonPete
2nd Jan 2020, 17:54

13 based aircraft, 6 A321’s, and 7 B738’s, with the Palma based B738 visiting most days, and an Alicante B738 on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

1 A321 is spare on Tuesday’s, 1 B738 spare on Wednesday’s, and only available slot is on Thursday from 19:00 when the Palma based aircraft could do another flight.

Only strange day is Sunday, when 1 extra B738 is needed just to operate Corfu only.

Another change, one of the A321's now seems to be a Titan 757 with a 202 config per the seat-map. GDS showing "Jet2" "757".

Thank you for pointing out that Jet2 is 13 based all but for one day although I have my suspicions it could be 14 high summer as some frequencies in April are similar to August

Austrian

Started regular schedule operations yesterday on the 195

TUI

Seem to have 5 based short-haul at times next winter (Thursday- Monday?), Punta Cana is now bookable all winter but any clues re Goa? It has already disappeared but hopefully a temporary glitch

Pete

BHX5DME
3rd Jan 2020, 12:16
IrAero have applied and received approval for also the following routes started from BHX:

Moscow-Amritsar 4pw
Zhukovsky-Amritsar 4pw
Samara-Amritsar 4pw

They acquired three 777-200ER

chinapattern
3rd Jan 2020, 12:38
Who? BHX do love there oddball carriers don’t they?

Loui
3rd Jan 2020, 14:02
Iraero have got permission to get flights from Moscow ,Samara and Zhukovsky to Birmingham all 4 weekly
there flights haven’t been confirmed or been taken action with but they have now got the permission!!!!
Hopefully this means there will be more flights from Birmingham this year

Loui
3rd Jan 2020, 14:04
yep😂 this is why they can’t currently sustain carriers because they either don’t make profit or the carriers cease operations

Loui
3rd Jan 2020, 14:25
Are Lingus
no real change except less people travelling to Shannon

Air India
no flights between March and September which means less passengers

Austrian Airlines
less flights to Innsbruck

BH AirNot many flights this year to Burgas

Blue air
No real change for 2019 but there will be in 2020 with the loss of Larnaca

Brussels Airlines
More flights this year using CRJ900 and some A319

Emirates
No schedule change but more passengers

Flybe
Flybe has had less flights to many destinations this year and less routes this winter

Jet2
Probably where the most growth has been

Lauda
New Routes to Vienna and....

Loui
3rd Jan 2020, 14:33
PIA
An extra weekly flight from October so....

Qatar
Better figures for the route to Doha this year

Ryanair
No growth probably a small decrease in flights due to Max issues

SAS
2 flights a day which is good and a few flights to Stockholm in the winter

SWISS
Less flights overall

TUI
One extra aircraft and some good usage of 757’s and a permanent 787-9 base during winter period

Turkish Airlines
extra 2 flights per week from March 2019 with more frequent a321’s

Turkmenistan Airlines
No flights from March until December which is probs quite a big loss

Wizz Air
Around 7 more flights per week from September 2019

Loui
3rd Jan 2020, 14:36
OVERALL
with the loss of Thomas cool from October and a small loss from premira air and more flights from Wizz Air,Jet 2 ,TUi and less flights from Ryanair and Flybe there is probably not much overall change in passengers compared

2017-12.9Million
2018-12.45 Million
2019-(estimated) -between 12.4 to 12.7 million
2020-maybe around 12.7 million

ATNotts
3rd Jan 2020, 17:00

If this article, which is less than 1 month old, has any credence then they're unlikely ever to be seen in BHX!!

Russian airline IrAero?s Boeing 777 project comes to another halt (http://www.rusaviainsider.com/russian-airline-iraeros-boeing-777-project-comes-another-halt/)

simoncorbett
3rd Jan 2020, 17:24
If this article, which is less than 1 month old, has any credence then they're unlikely ever to be seen in BHX!!

Russian airline IrAero?s Boeing 777 project comes to another halt (http://www.rusaviainsider.com/russian-airline-iraeros-boeing-777-project-comes-another-halt/)

perhaps they have thought that they can use the 777 that they have on lease from Birmingham to India via Russia

OltonPete
3rd Jan 2020, 19:06
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1639x700/screenshot_7__3de06c66830d76fe5ace2fcaa252c577763a05b4.pngCr edits: CAA for passenger figures, FR24 for rotations and planespotters.net for configs. There are bound to be some errors using FR24 and some airlines have movable curtains designating where business class ends.

The first complete winter month without Thomas Cook since they went under and also with Flybe under more direct control of its new owners.

Flybe routes saw fewer flights and slightly lower load factors as no doubt the new owners tried to stem losses.

Stobart is interesting as they have totally failed thus far on the Shannon with the new timings but it hasn't hurt Cork.

Amsterdam is interesting with little movement but lower load factor reflecting more Flybe jets operating especially the 195.

Spain is a tale of two cities with Barcelona forging ahead but Ryanair decreasing Madrid helping neither pax per flight or load factor.

Geneva & Zurich still look very average but Turkey appears to be doing well. Istanbul isn't quite like for like as 2019 did see five Saturdays instead of four and it is double daily at the weekend.

Thomas Cook were classed as a scheduled airline by the CAA did and these figures don't show the full picture of their loss as Enfidha, Hurghada, Banjul, Marsa are not shown but I think I can say Jet2 and to a lesser extent TUI have done BHX proud in filling the gap with Tenerife up (Thomas Cook had 5 Tenerife's scheduled at the start of November, FUE was up as well (2 TCX planned) and Las Palmas but the latter was not a winter destination for Thomas Cook @ BHX which makes it more impressive.

Pete

Rutan16
4th Jan 2020, 08:22
perhaps they have thought that they can use the 777 that they have on lease from Birmingham to India via Russia
All three of their former Emirates 77E aircraft are currently stored in Teruel in Spain not somewhere many tend to escape from to be honest

According to CH Aviation they are in dire financial state and references to Moscow and Zhukovsky is surely the same thing as that’s the airport they already use in the city for their charter operations anyway.

Be interesting to land their for the spotter through as it’s also the home of the Russian aviation test and research centre and some rather obscure frames do lurk around the edges of the field !

Samara is served currently once a day from St Petersburg, but could be used enroute India but only if Pakistan authorises over flights into Amritsar yet it has very few if any regular international services at the moment .

Given their finiancal state and actually lack of operational 777s let’s just guess how this goes forward shall we ?

jthjth
5th Jan 2020, 10:06
A site offering some very cheap rail tickets to Birmingham Airport has appeared www.traintoplanesaver.co.uk
If you live on the routes served it can be very cheap. £7 from Euston to Birmingham International, no time restrictions, no need to limit yourself to a given train. It looks too good to be true.

ATNotts
5th Jan 2020, 13:28
A site offering some very cheap rail tickets to Birmingham Airport has appeared www.traintoplanesaver.co.uk
If you live on the routes served it can be very cheap. £7 from Euston to Birmingham International, no time restrictions, no need to limit yourself to a given train. It looks too good to be true.

It's the "all stations" service rather than for former Virgin West Coast express option (can't recall the name of the new franchisee), but if time isn't money, then prices like that are hard to ignore, given the cost of car parking at airports.

VickersVicount
5th Jan 2020, 14:06
can't recall the name of the new franchise.
Avanti West Coast

inOban
5th Jan 2020, 14:40
If it's the all-stations service it's LNWR, I think.

22/04
6th Jan 2020, 06:54
Interesting to se LNR service described as as all stations- they now have trains running fast form Northampton to Euston- though there is the tedious slow exit from Birmingham.

OltonPete
7th Jan 2020, 17:47

Aircraft number 14 for high simmer has been loaded today although still work in process as flights were still be added late this afternoon

Monday - extra CFU (now 6 a week) in the morning and Tenerife in the afternoon (now 13 a week)

Tuesday still only 13 based but extra Dalaman (the 9th) in the morning and Fuerteventura in the afternoon

Wednesday - Second morning Zante (now 5) and extra Rhodes (six a week now) and Tenerife in the afternoon

Thursday - Corfu afternoon (now 6)

Friday - Extra Bodrum (up to 3) in the morning and Ibiza in the afternoon (now 9 a week)

Saturday Extra Rhodes in the morning and second Skiathos in the afternoon (some retiming's needed I believe)

Sunday - Extra afternoon Ibiza as Matt pointed out there were already 14 morning departures

Pete

Matt995
7th Jan 2020, 20:04
updated current peak season Jet 2 number of flights per week attached in pdf format. 206 flights per week

BHX5DME
9th Jan 2020, 09:59
NEW ROUTE Blue Air - Bacău to Birmingham

From 17 June 2020 BCM 0730-0900 BHX (Wed & Sun) BHX 0945-1515 BCM (Wed & Sun)

ssflyer
11th Jan 2020, 16:02
The chaos of flooding in Dubai has caused both todays BHX flights to have delays of 4+ hours.
It will be heaving in the Lounge but better there than fighting for seats with 600 frustrated pax at Wetherspoons.
EK40 is due out at 18.00 instead of 13.30
I'm so pleased we choose to fly next Wednesday and not on todays flight
SS
ps I have just seen Flightradar24 showing EK37 arriving at 23.31. That will mean a 02.00 departure then ?

BHX5DME
11th Jan 2020, 18:28
The chaos of flooding in Dubai has caused both todays BHX flights to have delays of 4+ hours.
It will be heaving in the Lounge but better there than fighting for seats with 600 frustrated pax at Wetherspoons.
EK40 is due out at 18.00 instead of 13.30
I'm so pleased we choose to fly next Wednesday and not on todays flight
SS
ps I have just seen Flightradar24 showing EK37 arriving at 23.31. That will mean a 02.00 departure then ?

EK31 DXB-LHR is also coming to BHX at 00.15 - nice !

flyerguy
11th Jan 2020, 20:27
EK31 will be going to London Gatwick now not Birmingham.

BHX5DME
13th Jan 2020, 16:51
NEW ROUTE - Turkish twice weekly BHX-AYT from June :-)

OltonPete
13th Jan 2020, 17:38
NEW ROUTE - Turkish twice weekly BHX-AYT from June :-)

Turkish Airlines

From Wednesday 3rd June twice a week until Saturday 24 October

TK1177/78 Wednesday 16.35 - 17.35

TK1177/78 Saturday 08.15 - 09.15

Type: Boeing 73H

Pete

Loui
13th Jan 2020, 21:51
What do we think about the Flybe situation?
will it last because I’m not too convinced and I really think that if they don’t survive then Birmingham will have lost 2 million passengers less this year plus bhx will attract even less customers as there will be less airlines available that’s unless easy jet jumps in!

OltonPete
28th Jan 2020, 17:16
What do we think about the Flybe situation?
will it last because I’m not too convinced and I really think that if they don’t survive then Birmingham will have lost 2 million passengers less this year plus bhx will attract even less customers as there will be less airlines available that’s unless easy jet jumps in!

Don't forget easyjet have announced Glasgow and Edinburgh already, which would offset some of any further Flybe reductions, as for the rest, the least said the better as they are still flying and jobs at stake.

Jet2 increase Reykjavik

1st October - 23 November twice a week Monday and Thursday and then 11 Feb 26 April 21 and again twice a week.

2019 Figures.

BHX 2019 figures (https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/media-information/news/2020/01/birmingham-airport-s-passenger-figures-round-up-for-2019/)

Quite good all things considered.

Pete

GayFriendly
29th Jan 2020, 14:55
Good news about Rekyjavik - clutching at straws, that could almost now be counted as a proper seasonal scheduled service. I would say there is demand for a year round link but Jet2 can clearly make more money on ski and summer Med routes to commit to going year round.

The 2019 figures, well all things considered good based on events. Potentially another tough year ahead given the Flybe situation. If the worst happens, one Hope's EZY can be persuaded to take up a few routes but with S20 schedules and aircraft allocations done, this IMO is unlikely.

I make 25 scheduled airlines and 105 scheduled destinations for summer 20 which is not too shabby, unless BE disappear of course. The airline mix at BHX certainly beats Luton and Bristol hands down, even if our pax growth is much weaker.

OltonPete
2nd Feb 2020, 20:42
Good news about Rekyjavik - clutching at straws, that could almost now be counted as a proper seasonal scheduled service. I would say there is demand for a year round link but Jet2 can clearly make more money on ski and summer Med routes to commit to going year round.

The 2019 figures, well all things considered good based on events. Potentially another tough year ahead given the Flybe situation. If the worst happens, one Hope's EZY can be persuaded to take up a few routes but with S20 schedules and aircraft allocations done, this IMO is unlikely.

I make 25 scheduled airlines and 105 scheduled destinations for summer 20 which is not too shabby, unless BE disappear of course. The airline mix at BHX certainly beats Luton and Bristol hands down, even if our pax growth is much weaker.

CAA figures for December 813931 down 1.4% which is disappointing and the CAA report the year as 12646345 up 1.5%

Flybe shows Dusseldorf bookable early morning departure and the aircraft returns in the evening just one daily except Saturday.

Amsterdam back to 5 daily summer 2020 so I assume A N Other operator has changed their mind. Flybe had to give up to 5 slot pairs if anyone was interested.

Jersey up to 3 daily with the afternoon BHX departure reintroduced now that GCI-LHR is canned.

EDI back to 7 daily as last summer it was originally 8 daily.

Could be 9 aircraft based as Inverness retimed to 09.30 and none of the first departures are back by then (CDG AMS STR DUS JER BHD EDI GLA & INV as first wave departures)

Pete

chinapattern
4th Feb 2020, 18:30
Turkish are sending an A330-200 on the afternoon flight of the 15th Feb.

Jet2 have added some new Christmas market routes for Nov/Dec - Berlin, Cologne, Nuremberg, Strasbourg, Copenhagen aswell as Vienna.

OltonPete
4th Feb 2020, 18:36
Turkish are sending an A330-200 on the afternoon flight of the 15th Feb.

Jet2 have added some new Christmas market routes for Nov/Dec - Berlin, Cologne, Nuremberg, Strasbourg, Copenhagen aswell as Vienna.

New

Berlin SXF - 6 flights 27-11, 30-11, 4/12, 7/12, 11/12 & 14/12 (Monday & Friday)

Cologne - 2 flights 4/12 & 6/12

Nuremburg - 2 flights 27/11 & 29/11

Strasbourg - 2 flights 11/12 & 13/12

Copenhagen - 6 flights 26-11, 29/11, 3/12, 6/12, 10/12, 13/12

Barcelona and Lisbon both run through the winter twice weekly as least one of those wasn't released originally

Restarted

Newark - 6 flights 19/11, 23/11. 6/12, 10/12. 13/12 & 17/12

Others

Vienna - shorter series twice weekly for 4 weeks 19-11 - 13/12

Reykjavik - as earlier reported twice weekly 1 Oct - 23/11 then 11 Feb - 26 April

Budapest - from 2 to up to 4 a week from 23-11 until 3/1/21

Krakow - from 2 weekly to 4 weekly 30-Nov- 3 Jan

Prague - from 2 weekly to 4 week until 3 Jan

Venice ends 22 Nov - 2 weeks later

Nice restarts in March 21 two weekly all through until end of April

Pete

GrahamK
4th Feb 2020, 19:11
I only see 3 flights to EWR?

OltonPete
4th Feb 2020, 19:36
I only see 3 flights to EWR?

I have counted the returns - out 19 Nov back 23 Nov, out 6 Dec back 10 Dec out 13 Dec back 17 Dec

Same for the two flights, in effect just 1 return flight.

Pete

Loui
4th Feb 2020, 22:55
Do you think that if Air India and Turkmenistan Airlines weren’t Suspended for a long part of the year we could have gotten more passengers overall or?
plus are Flybe ever going to talk about the future and Birmingham because they haven’t really talked about it at all!!

Loui
9th Feb 2020, 16:21
Split isn’t showing as available for summer 2020 but 2021 does!!!

awwdabaaby
9th Feb 2020, 17:13
Split isn’t showing as available for summer 2020 but 2021 does!!!

Quite a number of routes over the entire network has been withdrawn from 2020 but remain for 2021 due to fleet restrictions

Fried_Chicken
12th Feb 2020, 11:53
Does anybody know when the STS hangar goes live? I know they were/are recruiting.

FC

Flying Wild
12th Feb 2020, 12:59
Latest info is

10x B737
3x Jet2 A321
3x Smartlynx A321
1x Titan B757 during peak summer.

Jet2 have come a long way from 4 aircraft just three years ago.

Matt995
12th Feb 2020, 22:03
Latest info is

10x B737
3x Jet2 A321
3x Smartlynx A321

Not certain where you are getting this information from? The schedules for summer 2020 show 8 x B738's, 3 x A321s, and 3 leased A321's from Smartlynx, giving a base of 14 aircraft.

The Titan B757 will only be based mid May till the end of July, covering for an A321 which then takes over from August.

We will see a daily B738 on the Palma based aircraft, and some flights on the B738 based Alicante aircraft, so unless Jet2 have decided to base an extra 2 B738s at BHX in the last 24 hours, and not yet uploaded the flights, its clearly a 14 aircraft base!!

Or are you talking about the summer 2021 BHX base, in which case Titan should have disposed of their B757s by then?

Flying Wild
13th Feb 2020, 07:08
Not certain where you are getting this information from

From the horses mouth, so to speak. There will also be standby aircraft at BHX this year.

LBAflyer22
13th Feb 2020, 11:05
Latest info is
10x B737
3x Jet2 A321
3x Smartlynx A321
Not certain where you are getting this information from?
The schedules for summer 2020 show 8 x B738's, 3 x A321s, and 3 leased A321's from Smartlynx, giving a base of 14 aircraft.

The above one is incorrect. The bottom one is indeed correct. Though as someone has pointed out rumour has it there will be an additional aircraft for standby.

Matt995
23rd Feb 2020, 00:10
latest TUI update for summer 2020 now shows the following based aircraft :-

1 x B788, (+extra B788 for 2 days), 2 x B757, 4 x B738, 1 x A321, 2 x A320

so 2 leased in Airbus A320's and 1 A321, any ideas which airlines these will be coming from?

ROC10
23rd Feb 2020, 01:36
latest TUI update for summer 2020 now shows the following based aircraft :-

1 x B788, (+extra B788 for 2 days), 2 x B757, 4 x B738, 1 x A321, 2 x A320

so 2 leased in Airbus A320's and 1 A321, any ideas which airlines these will be coming from?

I don’t have any inside knowledge but in terms of Airbus, TUI have recently used the likes of Titan, SmartLynx, Gowair, GetJet, amongst others. AFAIK they won’t be using Olympus this year.

It is also possible that some of the four 738s may be leased. For Boeing, they have used Sunwing (of course - but these tend to be used at small Summer-only bases), AlbaStar, AirExplore, EnterAir, and possibly others I’m unaware of.

BHX5DME
24th Feb 2020, 22:46
BHX-NAP 2 weekly from 18.05.20
Mon & Fri 1430 Arrival 1515 Departure

EZY4873/4874

Ian

GayFriendly
25th Feb 2020, 09:04
BHX-NAP 2 weekly from 18.05.20
Mon & Fri 1430 Arrival 1515 Departure

EZY4873/4874

Ian

An interesting and welcome development!

NAP was part of the much rumoured slot applications made by EZY for BHX as well as TXL and MXP so maybe these will appear as well? CDG and AMS were also rumoured but clearly EZY got cold feet for some reason.

From 2 destinations last summer to 5 in 2020.....fingers crossed they might have more up their sleeve for winter or Summer 21?

simoncorbett
25th Feb 2020, 10:50
Great News that Easyjet are adding Naples, but I’m surprised this destination has been picked when there are so many more obvious destinations that could of been picked..... but still great news & hopefully more to come !

An interesting and welcome development!

NAP was part of the much rumoured slot applications made by EZY for BHX as well as TXL and MXP so maybe these will appear as well? CDG and AMS were also rumoured but clearly EZY got cold feet for some reason.

From 2 destinations last summer to 5 in 2020.....fingers crossed they might have more up their sleeve for winter or Summer 21?

OltonPete
1st Mar 2020, 15:06
Great News that Easyjet are adding Naples, but I’m surprised this destination has been picked when there are so many more obvious destinations that could of been picked..... but still great news & hopefully more to come !

Ryanair and easyjet are quite similar at BHX picking not always what you think are the obvious routes (Easy GLA & EDI were obvious though) as Naples is operated by Jet2 twice a week and TUI three times.

Take Madrid for example unserved for years and an obvious one for the new Ryanair base when it opened but no, lets wait until Norwegian (March 2015) and Iberia (March 2016) operate the route and then go on it (April 16 and announced 2 months after IB in November 2015).

And in 2020 what will be getting...…...Ryanair only from July 2020 and at the moment a reduced frequency next winter to boot.

This route was never going to support three lo-cost carriers and I was never convinced about two and now indeed it will be one. I assume Iberia considered Air Nostrum and deemed not enough connecting and business traffic to make the 90-100 seater work.

January Stats

Sources: CAA for the passenger figures, FR24 for rotations and various sites for seating configs which does mean load factors should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Some load factors such as Madrid could be out due to holiday extras and Ryanair using different flight numbers to the normal schedule.

I can't fit the 2019 load factors in to the screenshot but in general Flybe operated a smaller schedule such as EDI down from 354 sectors to 316, BHD 336 down to 316, Glasgow 274 from 307 and Aberdeen 112 from 132. This explains the fewer passengers although load factors have also decreased but without knowing what fares were charged from year to year it is difficult to analyse these any further and I know some will just blame the loss of confidence in booking but it is not across the board on all their routes. Belfast City is a signifcant difference but easyjet operated extra frequencies compared to 2019.
Vienna improved significantly with Lauda on the route and the Austrain 195
Long-haul is reasonable other than Air India which is disappointing, as it is still only six a week and apparently no let up with high load factors. Another route where yopu have to assume yields are not high as it would be at least daily.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1783x822/screenshot_9__7caf70b7e38089318c55f015cbb78b94056f450d.png
Pete

Matt995
2nd Mar 2020, 22:53
TUI Summer 2020 current schedule shows the following aircraft based:-

1 x B787 based May - Oct
1 x B787 based May - Oct part week (Tue-Thu)
1 x B757 based May - Oct
1 x B757 based May - Sept
4 x B737 based May - Oct
2 x B737 based Sep - Oct (replaces A320/A321/B757)

1 x A321 based May - Sept (believed to be SmartLynx aircraft)
2 x A320 based end of May till end of Aug (also SmartLynx aircraft)

Wednesday morning still shows 1 B737 parked up (maybe maintenance?) and then an extra 1 B737 is needed Wednesday afternoon only.

all subject to change.

737James
3rd Mar 2020, 10:55
It's interesting that TUI look like that they are having 3 leased in A320 & 321's yet they are selling the extra space seats on these flights and selling extra legroom seats as if it was being operated on 737-800. This could be dodgy ground legally as they are continuing to sell services that they know that they cannot deliver as obviously do not have set routes that these flights will be operating. This is also in breach of the package travel regulations

ROC10
3rd Mar 2020, 11:37
It's interesting that TUI look like that they are having 3 leased in A320 & 321's yet they are selling the extra space seats on these flights and selling extra legroom seats as if it was being operated on 737-800. This could be dodgy ground legally as they are continuing to sell services that they know that they cannot deliver as obviously do not have set routes that these flights will be operating. This is also in breach of the package travel regulations

Have you checked all flights? I read somewhere that someone was unable to book any extra legroom and that the seat map showed 30 rows (A320). I’m sure they will have set routes for the leased aircraft as they will need to ensure they do not sell 189 seats on a 180-seat aircraft. The A321 capacity will also differ slightly from that if the 757.

737James
3rd Mar 2020, 12:28
Have you checked all flights? I read somewhere that someone was unable to book any extra legroom and that the seat map showed 30 rows (A320). I’m sure they will have set routes for the leased aircraft as they will need to ensure they do not sell 189 seats on a 180-seat aircraft. The A321 capacity will also differ slightly from that if the 757.

I have looked at a couple of random dates in June and July with all TUI flights on these days all flights are showing the extra space seats which are only on TUI aircraft, I know they had some issues last year at start of the season with the Olympus aircraft and got a warning from ABTA about this but got out of it saying the MAX issue meant that they had not had time to let customers know and to put a stop sale on these seats, however they will not get away with that this year also I understand that BHX is due to be getting a couple of the ex Fly dubai aircraft which again are not having seating config changes just painted outside

xanda_man
4th Mar 2020, 09:13
Aren't the bookings subject to availability anyway? I recall having seen something in the T&C's that will cover them if they have to 'switch' aircraft or airline. Obviously with enough notice given.

From their website, note "operational reasons" which could be anything:

"That said, in some circumstances, we may have to change your seat. This would only be for operational, safety or security reasons. In accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority’s guidelines, certain requirements must be satisfied before we can allocate seats near the exit. If we do have to change your seat, we’ll try to keep it as close to what you booked as possible. A refund will only be offered if we can’t seat you in a similar position to your original request. A similar position means the same type of seat - window, aisle etc - as your original selected seats. In such cases, we ask that you keep a copy of your confirmation documents and boarding cards."

Loui
6th Mar 2020, 21:51
Flights are showing for summer still!
March is 3 times a week-Tues,Fri& Sunday
April to October is 4 weekly - Monday,Tuesday ,Friday and Sunday!!!

BHX5DME
6th Mar 2020, 21:56
Flights are showing for summer still!March is 3 times a week-Tues,Fri& SundayApril to October is 4 weekly - Monday,Tuesday ,Friday and Sunday!!! Finishes on 30.06.20 and only bookable to then

Matt995
8th Mar 2020, 13:19
Finishes on 30.06.20 and only bookable to then

now looks like the 28th April, as nothing currently bookable on their website, or showing on google flights after that date :rolleyes:

OltonPete
8th Mar 2020, 15:58
[QUOTE=Matt995;10706735]now looks like the 28th April, as nothing currently bookable on their website, or showing on google flights after that date :rolleyes:[

It was an usual end date originally but at least left it until after Easter.

Loads in general have not been too bad but some light fares at times and again another loco route where yields no doubt have failed to match expectations. However as I mentioned in an earlier post I don't think Madrid is a route for two loco's although Ryanair has never been more than 4 a week except Christmas extras..

I am sure Ryanair winter has changed as it was showing reduced to twice weekly for short periods but it is now showing 3 a week all winter.

[b]Flybe

Not too much comment on here re Flybe but I would like to pass on my best wishes to cockpit & cabin crew and ground handlers (WFS) affected and add my thanks for the enjoyable flights on the 195, 175 and Dash that I have taken over the years..

In terms of future employment of all those BHX based staff affected it has not been as yet, the same as Monarch and Thomas Cook where Jet2 and TUI added extra BHX based aircraft as the Flybe route profile was very different.

All the additions/replacements thus far, which have been very good for a short period of time involved are all on away based aircraft from Scotland or the Channel Isles.

Four new airlines and four destinations in a few days would normally be celebrated as magnificent but certainly not in this situation as it has come off the back of others distress.

Also with Corona, April based on what is left is heading for around 15% down which no doubt will also affect the staffing in the shops and eateries making matters even more unpredictable.

Pete.

Matt995
8th Mar 2020, 19:13
[QUOTE=Matt995;10706735]now looks like the 28th April, as nothing currently bookable on their website, or showing on google flights after that date :rolleyes:[

It was an usual end date originally but at least left it until after Easter.

Loads in general have not been too bad but some light fares at times and again another loco route where yields no doubt have failed to match expectations. However as I mentioned in an earlier post I don't think Madrid is a route for two loco's although Ryanair has never been more than 4 a week except Christmas extras..

I am sure Ryanair winter has changed as it was showing reduced to twice weekly for short periods but it is now showing 3 a week all winter.

[b]Flybe

Not too much comment on here re Flybe but I would like to pass on my best wishes to cockpit & cabin crew and ground handlers (WFS) affected and add my thanks for the enjoyable flights on the 195, 175 and Dash that I have taken over the years..

In terms of future employment of all those BHX based staff affected it has not been as yet, the same as Monarch and Thomas Cook where Jet2 and TUI added extra BHX based aircraft as the Flybe route profile was very different.

All the additions/replacements thus far, which have been very good for a short period of time involved are all on away based aircraft from Scotland or the Channel Isles.

Four new airlines and four destinations in a few days would normally be celebrated as magnificent but certainly not in this situation as it has come off the back of others distress.

Also with Corona, April based on what is left is heading for around 15% down which no doubt will also affect the staffing in the shops and eateries making matters even more unpredictable.

Pete.

It's really dissappointing that an airport the size of BHX can't maintain at least a daily flight to the capital of Spain!

Will take years to claw back the routes and passengers lost by Flybe, at least Aberdeen and Inverness are back up to the number of Flybe passengers lost, Jersey/Guernsey is a start but still less seats than the Flybe schedules.

Isle Of Man should be added this week, but the other routes will take longer to fill.

KLM now have the Amsterdam flights to themselves, along with Air France on Paris CDG, and Eurowings on Dusseldorf, so they can charge what they like! Will they possible increase or use larger aircraft?

The French regional routes will never be replaced, maybe Lyon will be picked up by someone, so that leaves, Knock, Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Dusseldorf, Berlin, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Hanover, Milan crying out for new airlines, but who would want to take this on, are we pinning are hopes on Easyjet for these?

And Edinburgh, Glasgow, only 13 flights a week each by Easyjet, will they increase, and Belfast too, unless some other airline restarts Belfast City?

Corona virus will also effect the airport, already airlines are cutting back, and where will this leave the big expansion by Jet 2 and TUI this summer?

If the passengers number for April are only down by 15% I would count that as a good result, I expect a much bigger loss, and what will March be like, we must be talking about a loss of at least 20%?

2020 will not be a good year for the airport :uhoh:

Plane mad 134
8th Mar 2020, 19:29
With regards to the coronavirus this is the current changes (highly likely to change):· Brussels Airlines:
· Decrease Brussels from 22x to 13x weekly·

·Austrian Airlines:
· Decrease Vienna from 4x to 3x weekly

· Eurowings:
· Decrease Dusseldorf from 22x to 16x weekly

virginblue
8th Mar 2020, 23:57
With regards to the coronavirus this is the current changes (highly likely to change):· Brussels Airlines:

· Eurowings:

Given that BE has just disappeared from the route with another 300 or so weekdaily seats, quite a dramatic decrease - from approx 1.000 weekdaily seats to 350 or so.

Matt995
9th Mar 2020, 00:25
· Decrease Brussels from 22x to 13x weekly·

·Austrian Airlines:
· Decrease Vienna from 4x to 3x weekly

· Eurowings:

these are the current reductions affecting BHX:-

Brussels – Birmingham Reduce from 22 weekly to
08MAR20 – 14MAR20 19 weekly
15MAR20 – 21MAR20 17 weekly
22MAR20 – 28MAR20 13 weekly

Vienna – Birmingham
15MAR20 – 21MAR20 Reduce from 4 to 3 weekly

Dusseldorf – Birmingham Reduce from 22 weekly to
08MAR20 – 14MAR20 21 weekly
15MAR20 – 21MAR20 18 weekly
22MAR20 – 28MAR20 16 weekly

Manchester, Newcastle, Heathrow etc.. also see reductions too.

Navpi
14th Mar 2020, 07:44
If forecasts for other airports are anything to go by BHX could be down to 6m.
Nobody is flying.

When there is an upturn I'm not sure there will be the airlines in place to even provide the capacity it's that bad.
Brussels has lost 30% but it's not finished yet.

Brace brace brace.......

jon01
18th Mar 2020, 07:04
From 00:01 21 March 2020, the airport will be closed daily from midnight to 06:00am

Flying Wild
18th Mar 2020, 22:15
* A message from Birmingham Airport *

Those of you living in communities close to the airport will have noticed the unprecedented reduction in aircraft activity resulting from the situation surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. This is expected to last for some time yet. However, I did want to draw your attention to two requests we have received as a result of the current situation:

1. As part of a contingency programme to enable patients to be rapidly transferred to hospitals within the region, the military will have a force of Puma helicopters available for such duties.
In poor weather conditions, helicopter pilots will need to undertake what is known as a ‘cloud break’ procedure, where the aircraft needs to safely descend until the pilot has visual contact with the ground. For helicopters en-route to local hospitals, that procedure will involve using the standard approach procedures for Birmingham Airport – effectively following the ILS approaches until visual contact is made with the ground, at which point they will fly directly to their destination hospital.

The military has requested that training flights be undertaken within the next few days so that pilots can practice these procedures.

2. With airlines having grounded their majority of their fleets, opportunities for pilots to undertake the required number of flying hours needed to maintain their licences are severely reduced. Some of our airline partners have therefore requested that a number (as yet unknown) of training flights be permitted to facilitate this. We expect the numbers of both types of operations to be very small in comparison to normal operations, but given that normal flying operations have virtually ceased, they may well be more noticeable to residents than would ordinarily be the case. We would be grateful if you were able to make this information available to the communities you represent. Please do get in touch of you have any questions.

Thank you for your co-operation in these extraordinary times.

crewmeal
19th Mar 2020, 06:10
I believe they're closing Terminal 2 (The old Eurohub) and tansferring everything over to Terminal 1. This will reduce the workforce dramatically with no security at key posts.