PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham-7

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

ATNotts
19th May 2018, 07:02
Maybe they aren't the ones paying for them so don't have a choice ?

I hadn't considered that. However I doubt it would be the case, more likely Airbus would tell Primera how much had to spend on sub chartering equipmetn and they made the choice.

Whatever it's a bad one, no doubt.

At least, unlike Highland Express, they have actually operated their first flight!

Smooth Airperator
19th May 2018, 08:20
Daz, you don't half get excited about these things...

There's not many operators who will have approval flying from the UK into US airports. Titan keeps getting touted. These guys are amongst the most expensive especially if chartered off contract.

It's unfortunate but no doubt they have their hands tied with choice of operator. In fact National have been contracted till August therefore making each individual flight a lot cheaper. Too late in the season to change things some times.

OltonPete
24th May 2018, 22:50
TUI Winter 2018/9

Enfidha to continue into winter on a Friday before the Marrakech. Also added on a Friday is a second Hurghada making 4 short-haul required as well as Saturday and Sunday.

Flybe

Belfast City last inbound Monday and Tuesday (6th outbound) has been cut all winter as has the Glasgow but Monday only.

Birmingham South?

It appears that a second attempt was made this Tuesday to open up Birmingham south if FR24 data is anywhere near accurate with the replay facility showing Blue Air flight 0B151 (BMS7MB) from Bucharest descended down to around 675ft at 16.24 local (15.24 GMT) around the Balsall Common area (3-4 miles out?) before breaking off the approach and landing safely.

Maybe someone with more expertise might have a different or more accurate opinion or if indeed 675ft is a true reflection of the height it went around.

Anyone want to follow it with FR24 can see it on Tuesday 22 May YR-BMO 15.24 GMT.

After the Mahan Air incident albeit a few miles further out and lower this is fairly low for a built up area. Question is would this have happened with a fully serviceable ILS?

Not sure if the extended turnaround indicates some explaining was required or a knock from the ATC delays that day.

Pete

jon01
25th May 2018, 06:38
Birmingham South?

It appears that a second attempt was made this Tuesday to open up Birmingham south if FR24 data is anywhere near accurate with the replay facility showing Blue Air flight 0B151 (BMS7MB) from Bucharest descended down to around 675ft at 16.24 local (15.24 GMT) around the Balsall Common area (3-4 miles out?) before breaking off the approach and landing safely.

Maybe someone with more expertise might have a different or more accurate opinion or if indeed 675ft is a true reflection of the height it went around.

Anyone want to follow it with FR24 can see it on Tuesday 22 May YR-BMO 15.24 GMT.

After the Mahan Air incident albeit a few miles further out and lower this is fairly low for a built up area. Question is would this have happened with a fully serviceable ILS?

Not sure if the extended turnaround indicates some explaining was required or a knock from the ATC delays that day.

Pete

Flightaware also shows the aircraft down to around 800' QNH abeam Balsall Common, correct altitude here should be around 1700', but the aircraft was on the centerline Rwy 33 all the way down the approach. Then a sudden climb and go-around for a second attempt. Visibilty was good with scattered cloud at 3800'

Thomas Cook

A320 LY-VNZ arrives today to be summer based, it replaces A321 LY-VEA, which positions to Manchester

OltonPete
3rd Jun 2018, 10:55
B733 = 148 seats, vs a B738 = 189 seats.
Me thinks the loads for Primera as a whole might not be as high as they'd like?

The med flights are doing well although no doubt June for all will be challenging if previous World Cup periods are anything to go by. Not great last night with BHX & STN Newark operating on the one aircraft with STN pax the greater.

Jet2 - One airline with no such worries and going from strength to strength. The latest increases are winter 2018/9 and they seem to go beyond what the BHX press release mentioned a few months back.

Antalya as described is now bookable until January and only stops for around 6 weeks and returns twice a week in February.

Funchel was "up to 2 flights a week" and originally the second started in mid February and it is now all winter.

Venice - not even mentioned in the winter press release - Now bookable twice a week from February

Rome - available at twice a week - Now 4 a week from mid February.

Christmas/ New Year - Up to eight aircraft based some days with 14 flights on a Saturday which maybe only 3 weeks but it is impressive. Alicante, Arrecife and Tenerife are double daily on three days and even Palma added on a Saturday with a third weekly flight added in March.

Brussels Airlines - There is always a downside isn't there? The high summer reductions have started early with it going to two daily on the SU95 with the third flight returning September and the A319 after today in October. Loads have been fantastic so obviously yields feeling the pressure.

Turkmenistan - The current low season decreases should be restored by mid July with the 77L making an appearance again

Fly One - Chisinau restarted yesterday with a longer season intended

Diverts - a few days into the Luton restrictions and first arrived in the early hours although it seems it was SEN 2 v BHX 1 the score last night ;)

Pete

EastMids
5th Jun 2018, 08:02
Tuesday 5th June 2018.Primera Air to Suspend Transatlantic Services from Birmingham

Birmingham Airport is disappointed to confirm that Primera Air will temporarily suspend flights to New York and Toronto from 21st June due the ongoing late delivery of its long-haul A321neo aircraft from Airbus. Primera Air has confirmed that it plans to reinstate transatlantic services next year once the aircraft is available and that this announcement does not affect Primera Air’s short haul services in operation from Birmingham. Since launching New York services last month, load factors have been positive, averaging 70%. This reinforces our knowledge that the demand for flights between Birmingham and North America is strong, with a market size already using Birmingham of more than 130,000 passengers.
The carrier is contacting all customers booked on services from the 21st June to give refunds or transfer onto other services. Flights to Toronto were due to start on the 26th June. We apologise to customers for the inconvenience but stress that this only affects Primera's transatlantic flights and is a temporary measure until a new aircraft is available. Affected customers can contact Primera Air at [email protected] or call +44 (0) 148 223 5180. If customers have pre-booked car parking from Birmingham, a full refund will be given by contacting [email protected].

LAX_LHR
5th Jun 2018, 08:09
Primera long haul has been a disaster at BHX. If it does transpire UA and TS pulled BHX due to Primera then this has been a huge backfire for the Airport.

realistically, even if PF do relaunch long haul next summer, who in the area are going to touch them after all this?

GayFriendly
5th Jun 2018, 08:53
Well, well, well, that has to be the biggest non-surprise news. I agree with LAX-LHR, a total disaster from the word go, a huge back step for the airport and the death knell for scheduled TATL from BHX. IF they re-launch next year, who on earth will have any confidence to book with them? I'm not sure I would even book a short haul flight with them right now.

I predicted they wouldn't be back next summer but hoped they would drag themselves through this one.

BHX lies around 80-90 miles from LHR and MAN and it will be these airports that now serve the vast majority of Midlands demand for scheduled TATL flights, along with EI flights through DUB.

We will never know why UA and TS pulled out so closely together but it seems coincidental PF was announced just a few weeks later when these sorts of new route and airline negotiations take months if not years in some cases? Primera must have really talked the talk but sadly have barely walked. I should imagine there are some very worried faces in DH right now.

Thoughts must go to the flight, cabin crew and ground teams who were recruited on the basis of 2 x daily A321 TATL flights and now (I assume) are out of work? (If indeed they even started work?)

As for BHX, Jet2, TUI and TCX have breathed life into leisure short haul after the demise of ZB and our long standing legacy carriers appear to have solid operations. Going east, AI are a success story and both EK and QR are holding their own. TATL scheduled flights though are a thing of the past. Let's move on and forget this whole sorry episode.

THEWEASEL
5th Jun 2018, 10:19
Surely someone from BHX will be taking a flight to KEF with the begging bowl out for FI or WW to come back?

chinapattern
5th Jun 2018, 12:00
I’m not sure what is more unsurprising; Primera cancelling their transatlantic flights or LAX being the first one to comment about it.

LAX_LHR
5th Jun 2018, 12:09
Primera cancels flights and some how I’m the bad guy. Makes total sense that! Onto ignore you go.

ATNotts
5th Jun 2018, 13:56
As for BHX, Jet2, TUI and TCX have breathed life into leisure short haul after the demise of ZB and our long standing legacy carriers appear to have solid operations. Going east, AI are a success story and both EK and QR are holding their own. TATL scheduled flights though are a thing of the past. Let's move on and forget this whole sorry episode.

Can't disagree with those sentiments at all. BHX (and BHX fans) need to stop putting so much store in transatlantic services and concentrate on the real growth areas of the world economy - Asia in particular. With "The Donald" causing mayhem in world trade, demand for transatlantic trade, unless he comes to his senses (supposing he has any senses) will decline and TA passengers, especially non-leisure traffic will decline with it.

I'm sure BHX management realises that, and will be playing to the airport's strengths, unless of course an American legacy carrier comes in promising the earth, though United aside, their performance over the years from Birmingham has hardly been sparkling!

TSR2
5th Jun 2018, 18:38
LAX LHR

Keep up the excellent work.

BHX5DME
5th Jun 2018, 19:05
LAX LHR

Keep up the excellent work.

Agreed, when I posted to Manchester I got a ban !
No justice !
Hopefully all is not lost at BHX and there will be some news soon :-)

eggc
5th Jun 2018, 19:27
Undue dig at LHR LAX IMO...we're all supporters of regional air travel, whether that be at BHX or MAN. The fact LHR already supports 100+ services per day across the pond and BHX cant keep hold of a single one is a travesty. So many underused terminals and runways across the UK but we're in for another 700 movements a day at LHR, just does not make sense and I so feel for BHX. I'm sure the people of the midlands do not particularly want to be forced to travel to London, Manchester or Dublin. LHR R3 is a nail in the coffin for UK regional airports if rubber stamped and built, unless your LPL etc than MAY end up with the odd shuttle !!

LAX_LHR
5th Jun 2018, 19:45
Seriously, can we not just give it up. All I have done is comment on the loss of the service. There was nothing derogatory, no insults or anything offensive. I wasn’t even the one to break the news ffs.

An Airline cuts flights and there is more comment about the fact I have posted than the news itself. Priorities in the wrong order here I think.

thats all I’m going to say as don’t want to risk a banning for doing nothing wrong, but how about we now get back to Airline news rather than if I comment or not.

eggc
5th Jun 2018, 20:06
I agree that it will be even harder for them next year after this LAX, but who is left to fill the void ? There has to be something for Birmingham going west. NAX maybe ? One of the US3 again when they get single isle airbuses capable ? Must be somebody...

OltonPete
5th Jun 2018, 21:58
There has to be something for Birmingham going west. NAX maybe ? One of the US3 again when they get single isle airbuses capable ? Must be somebody...

Norwegian - never say never but after the initial 737 MAX will they won't they, there has been no mention of any interest in BHX - he says with two 789's currently in but alas on the wrong side of the runway for passenger flights :rolleyes:

I won't bother too much picking over the bones of the Primera decision as there were three longhaul bases and BHX was chosen to go and there is very little one can add or dress up about that.

However westbound is not dead just yet especially Canada as there are a few targets to aim for now the MAX is in operation with Canadian carriers and the 321 NEO LR not too far behind.

New York is an issue with BA, AA, UA and now Primera all history (2019 really?) - rumours come and go and nothing now on the horizon. Sometimes everything has to be right, such right airline, right aircraft, right destination, right product, right marketing and Primera certainly didn't tick all those boxes in order for a route to work (some of it not their fault) but in the future you never know. I actually thought the Monarch MAX rumour was a good one and not as daft as it sounds other than the timing (minus their financial situation of course) and maybe if BHX's current golden airline ordered MAX they could give it a go as they do operate to cities as well as sun routes.

Pete

FQTLSteve
6th Jun 2018, 06:44
Not been a good time for BHX since Monarch, it was only a couple of years ago and new airlines/routes were frequently being announced. I am surprised that no Chinese link has been announced given all the noise when the charters operated and of course the runway capability? There are strong commercial links, particularly Automotive etc. between China and the Midlands, educational links are also strong especially with Warwick Uni amongst others, and there are strong tourist pulls as well, too obvious to mention. Given all the noise with new additional Chinese links to MAN (well done) and EDI and DUB. I would have thought in all this expansion there would have been room for a BHX link, either as a stop as in EDI/DUB or a add on to say BRU/DUS etc.etc. Maybe I'm being naïve, but there must be strong freight demand too? Well I'm not well informed so this might all be pie in the sky from me, perhaps those with more knowledge might like to enlighten me?

ATNotts
6th Jun 2018, 07:21
Not been a good time for BHX since Monarch, it was only a couple of years ago and new airlines/routes were frequently being announced. I am surprised that no Chinese link has been announced given all the noise when the charters operated and of course the runway capability? There are strong commercial links, particularly Automotive etc. between China and the Midlands, educational links are also strong especially with Warwick Uni amongst others, and there are strong tourist pulls as well, too obvious to mention. Given all the noise with new additional Chinese links to MAN (well done) and EDI and DUB. I would have thought in all this expansion there would have been room for a BHX link, either as a stop as in EDI/DUB or a add on to say BRU/DUS etc.etc. Maybe I'm being naïve, but there must be strong freight demand too? Well I'm not well informed so this might all be pie in the sky from me, perhaps those with more knowledge might like to enlighten me?

Facts have to be faced; and there has been a real game changer over the last 2-3 years, that being Manchester.

Manchester has historically been ahead of BHX in the airport stakes, really ever since BHX stagnated, rather than being properly developed back in the 1960s. Too late BHX got a proper terminal, fit for the 2nd half of the 20th century, and at a time when long haul aircraft needed long runways Manchester's was the right length, and by the time BHX got a runway of adequate length Manchester was already well established, albeit with afairly limited long haul base.

Fast forward to the last couple of years, and Manchester has now made a quantum leap from being a niche airport for a few long haul operators, to a global airport that carriers are falling over to serve, and can offer reasonable frequencies to destinations that other regional airports will never be able to support. From the point of view of the Midlands economy, having two major intercontinental airports within comparatively easy reach by road or rail is really advantageous, though obviously not so beneficial as having that major gateway on it's doorstep.

On a much smaller scale, people in the East Midlands bemoan the fact that there are no multi-daily connection between EMA and major European cities, but the reasons are the same as the MAN/BHX situation, BHX is already well established as THE Midlands gateway to Europe, and much as the East Midlands Chambers of Commerce would like it, a 4 x daily Frankfurt service by Lufthansa isn't about to happen.

Much as I would to see BHX compete with MAN, having been born and raised within earshot of BHX, it's like expecting Coventry City to beat Manchester City in the FA Cup final - it won't happen and we have to accept that, move on, and play to the airport's and regions strengths. The major fly in the ointment here isn't MAN, or local politicians it is how HMG plays out the whole Brexit thing. If they are stupid and short sighted, and don't make a good deal for UK industry and commerce all airports, BHX and MAN included may find things tough in the European theatre, which will make things that much more difficult for BHX in particular, which has more to lose comparatively than MAN. I really don't believe that doomsday scenario will arise though.

chaps1954
6th Jun 2018, 07:44
Yes ATNotts I agree whatever the final outcome of brexit will either make of break UK aviation and I hope to god it is makes it as I don`t
even dare think what could happen if it goes pear shaped

jon01
6th Jun 2018, 17:20
Blue Air
Flights to Cluj no longer bookable and have not been operating this week, route appears to have been dropped

Eurowings
2 x weekly flights that operated last winter to Salzburg still not showing for winter 18/19. Flights to Stansted are showing for next winter, so another service gone?

OltonPete
6th Jun 2018, 20:07
Blue Air
Flights to Cluj no longer bookable and have not been operating this week, route appears to have been dropped

Eurowings
2 x weekly flights that operated last winter to Salzburg still not showing for winter 18/19. Flights to Stansted are showing for next winter, so another service gone?

Blue Air

At least BHX won't feel singled out re Cluj as Luton seems to have gone the say way. The Luton flights after 3 June have been removed from FR24 but BHX just shows unknown but both airports appear to have lost the direct link - all via OTP.

Eurowings

I was hoping for a second season for Salzburg - amazed Vienna is still going or at least not transferred to an Austrian 195. Mind you it wouldn't even fill that with the loads last winter :cool:

Pete

crewmeal
7th Jun 2018, 06:15
Primark sorry Primera management are to blame for this fiasco. How could anyone think that providing 3 new A321 neos for 3 bases at the start of the season, especially when they weren't even ready. would work. If they started with STN first of all then planned BHX and CDG for 2019 then the outlook might have been brighter.. But no they totally screwed up by starting with a second rate charter company expecting it to work. It didn't.

inOban
7th Jun 2018, 06:32
'Starting a second-rate charter company' I understood that Primera is a well established Scandinavian charter airline that sought to expand out of the charter into the scheduled market. It's also not the first airline naive enough to believe the delivery dates quoted by the manufacturers. I think that if they provide a reliable, quality service on their short haul routes this summer the damage will be minimal.

chaps1954
7th Jun 2018, 07:53
I think Crewmeals is refering to the 757s that were bought in which were most definately second rate

Ian

crewmeal
7th Jun 2018, 08:51
I think Crewmeals is refering to the 757s that were bought in which were most definately second rate

Correct. I was referring to National's performance at both STN and BHX. I'm sure Primera's short haul performance elsewhere in the world is excellent. Perhaps inOban should read a post carefully before commenting.

inOban
7th Jun 2018, 09:07
I did. You referred to second-rate charter company. I was suggesting that Primera is not such. By pulling the TATL route using an unsatisfactory a/c they have avoided contaminating their brand.

ATNotts
7th Jun 2018, 09:20
I did. You referred to second-rate charter company. I was suggesting that Primera is not such. By pulling the TATL route using an unsatisfactory a/c they have avoided contaminating their brand.

Since the "second rate charter company" B757 turned up at BHX it doesn't appear to have performed too badly - after the inaugural BHX/EWR that was very late leaving. I would suggest that Airbus have been financing the sub charter until 3 x 321s were delivered, and after that any sub charter bill would be picked up by Primera, which probably made the BHX operation unviable. Otherwise I really cannot see why they would have killed the BHX/EWR right at the start of the high season for leisure travel, and also can BHX/YYZ that was allegedly selling well.

As previous poster have said, with hindsight not even trying to start transatlantic until 2019 may have been better.

Flying Wild
16th Jun 2018, 13:50
Airfield closed

Runway Temporarily Closed

Birmingham Airport can confirm that the D86241 landed safely with 152 crew and passengers on board. Birmingham Airport’s fire service is in attendance as a precautionary measure. Runway temporarily closed. If you are travelling today please check the arrivals/departures page of the Birmingham Airport website or with your airline.

The D86241 from Reykjavik to Madrid was diverted in to Birmingham Airport due to a hydraulic issue. Passengers and crew have been taken to the terminal where they are being assisted by Birmingham Airport. Runway remains temporarily closed.

OltonPete
16th Jun 2018, 14:55
[QUOTE=Flying Wild;10174393]Airfield closed

Open 16.03

Some photo's in the Birmingham Mail but wouldn't be surprised if video's get posted as usually quite a few enthusiasts around on a Saturday afternoon.

Emirates

BHX hasn't done too bad from the DXB runway maintenance taking place next April/May. EK39/40 on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday cancelled from 17 April for 45 days (or around that).

Pete

ZULUBOY
16th Jun 2018, 17:46
[QUOTE=Flying Wild;10174393]Airfield closed

Open 16.03

Some photo's in the Birmingham Mail but wouldn't be surprised if video's get posted as usually quite a few enthusiasts around on a Saturday afternoon.

Emirates

BHX hasn't done too bad from the DXB runway maintenance taking place next April/May. EK39/40 on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday cancelled from 17 April for 45 days (or around that).

Pete

Is this why my flight back from Hanoi to BHX on 27th April has suddenly disappeared? It was bookable as late as 2 days ago. Looks like the HAN DXB leg has gone

OltonPete
16th Jun 2018, 21:57
[QUOTE=OltonPete;10174429]
Is this why my flight back from Hanoi to BHX on 27th April has suddenly disappeared? It was bookable as late as 2 days ago. Looks like the HAN DXB leg has gone

Almost certainly the case, these reductions are pretty new.

Norwegian incident

There is a video of the landing but not sure about the rules on linking but if you use a well known search engine with key words Flugsnug & Norwegian you should be able to find and it is very impressive. Wheels on the left and right MLG look damaged before landing and the debris is clear to see after touchdown (photo's on the ground show the inner left MLG blown).

As for the poor passengers, still at BHX although a recovery aircraft positioned up from Gatwick arriving 21.12. They have used the Gatwick - Madrid aircraft, which was cancelled.

As an outsider it did look like the whole incident was handled well although I realise some might offer differing opinions.

Pete

OltonPete
16th Jun 2018, 22:39
As for the poor passengers, still at BHX although a recovery aircraft positioned up from Gatwick arriving 21.12. They have used the Gatwick - Madrid aircraft, which was cancelled.

Pete

Finally left 23.08 for Madrid. Ended up with 5 Norwegian movements today and 4 different aircraft - One 788 out of MAEL, one 789 in for MAEL after a long hold plus the 738 movements.

Pete

Flying Wild
17th Jun 2018, 02:41
As an outsider it did look like the whole incident was handled well although I realise some might offer differing opinions.

Pete

The diversion in itself may have been handled well, but the aftermath certainly wasn't. I would seriously question whether the situation has ever been wargamed by the airport and the based airlines/handing agents, as it was a shambles trying to get aircraft turned around once they were able to make it back to BHX. Not enough staff, Not enough busses available to service the remote stands. No joined up thinking like using a bus to take passengers to an outbound, then that same bus going to an adjacent stand to collect inbound passengers. There was plenty of time between the runway closing and then reopening for extra staff to be called in. Hugely frustrating experienxe all round.

OltonPete
17th Jun 2018, 09:28
The diversion in itself may have been handled well, but the aftermath certainly wasn't. I would seriously question whether the situation has ever been wargamed by the airport and the based airlines/handing agents, as it was a shambles trying to get aircraft turned around once they were able to make it back to BHX. Not enough staff, Not enough busses available to service the remote stands. No joined up thinking like using a bus to take passengers to an outbound, then that same bus going to an adjacent stand to collect inbound passengers. There was plenty of time between the runway closing and then reopening for extra staff to be called in. Hugely frustrating experienxe all round.

A three hour closure on a Saturday afternoon in summer was never going to be easy.

The incident itself seems to have been handled well but the aftermath is still ongoing, Jet2 seemed to have found aircraft from all over the place but even they still have one Saturday afternoon departure to go out (midday today to Zante) and as for TUI some seriously unhappy passengers sitting in Manchester and still delayed from yesterday afternoons Fuerteventura. Their only crumb of comfort it appears they are going on the 789 which is scheduled to operate back to BHX. TUI had 4 of the based 7 short-haul fleet divert at least 2 others stuck on the ground delayed

Pete

golf yankee one one
17th Jun 2018, 09:47
I would question whether the diversion was "handled well"
The problem was apparantly first identified just north of Belfast, yet the diversion was to BHX. Disruption was caused to thousands of passengers (including myself, inbound on KL1431)
The possibility of a runway closure was presumably predictable with a hydraulic issue, and yet a single runway airport was selected.
Why not MAN with two runways where the subsequent disruption would have been minimised?
Could it be because Norwegian fly from BHX and therefore have some "infrastructure" to handle the diverted passengers. If so, their own company's operational convenience was allowed to cause huge disruption to passengers of many other carriers. This is simply wrong and should not be allowed.

OltonPete
17th Jun 2018, 10:27
I would question whether the diversion was "handled well"
The problem was apparantly first identified just north of Belfast, yet the diversion was to BHX. Disruption was caused to thousands of passengers (including myself, inbound on KL1431)
The possibility of a runway closure was presumably predictable with a hydraulic issue, and yet a single runway airport was selected.
Why not MAN with two runways where the subsequent disruption would have been minimised?
Could it be because Norwegian fly from BHX and therefore have some "infrastructure" to handle the diverted passengers. If so, their own company's operational convenience was allowed to cause huge disruption to passengers of many other carriers. This is simply wrong and should not be allowed.

Norwegian don't operate passenger flights from BHX, they stopped quite a while ago.

All BHX sees is the 788 and 789 regularly due to the ongoing engine issues.

I can't help with the most suitable airport around but one forum mentioned the crew wanted a long runway with a favourable wind due to the issues involved and BHX matched -
EGBB 161350Z 19011KT 9999 BKN023 17/12 Q10112018-06-16 13:50:00
EGBB 161320Z 19009KT 160V250 9999 BKN024 17/12 Q10112018-06-16 13:20:00
EGBB 161250Z 19009KT 170V230 9999 BKN028 17/11 Q10112018-06-16 12:50:00
EGBB 161220Z 20012KT 160V230 9999 BKN030 17/10 Q10112018-06-16 12:20:00

Pete

Packer27L
17th Jun 2018, 10:45
If so, their own company's operational convenience was allowed to cause huge disruption to passengers of many other carriers. This is simply wrong and should not be allowed.
You, sir, are a moron.

OltonPete
17th Jun 2018, 10:48

A quote from a member of a BHX forum currently sitting on the 789 at Manchester (still not departed) and he was due to leave BHX for FUE yesterday afternoon.

Last night we started to board. I think swissport or BHX failed as they couldn't get enough coaches in time and the captain refused to accept us and then went out of hours. I'm sure the out of hours was correct because at the rate boarding was taking with 1 coach that took 20 minutes to load it would have. Taken at least an hour to complete boarding.

I believe the passengers went to the Ramada Coventry and then a 5am start for the coach to Manchester. Stripping out the rights and wrongs of this, it does seem an extreme solution to a problem but I suppose unless you are the one tasked to solve it the best way you can, it is difficult to judge without knowing the alternatives. Personally I would prefer to go home (not always possible for those travelling distances)and wait for availability for an aircraft at the airport I chose to fly from and to be fair Jet2 and TUI usually go down that route but obviously not always.

Pete

jon01
17th Jun 2018, 15:24
Fly Erbil showing weekly flights on Fridays to Kurdistan via Kiev from 13 July 2018. Probably B737 equipment

Hotel Tango
17th Jun 2018, 16:35
Packer27L, quoting on only a part of gy11's post and calling him a moron is uncalled for. As always with these issues, we are not in the loop regarding the decision making process by all concerned at the time. However, the question of why not divert to an airport with 2 runways is perhaps a valid question. Obviously the aircraft did not need to land ASAP or it wouldn't have held (4 holds I believe) prior to landing at BHX.

golf yankee one one
17th Jun 2018, 17:14
Thanks, HT

The question I was raising was whether the choice of diversion field was based purely on commercial considerations relating to that airlines operations with no "higher authority" considering the possible knock on effects on other airlines and their passengers.

BHX5DME
17th Jun 2018, 19:44
Fly Erbil showing weekly flights on Fridays to Kurdistan via Kiev from 13 July 2018. Probably B737 equipment

Rumoured to be 2pw to Erbil via Kiev using a 733 op by Bravo

jon01
20th Jun 2018, 06:13
Fly Erbil will use a single Boeing 737-300 aircraft UR-CQW which is operated by Ukrainian charter airline, Bravo Airways.

Kurdistan’s first airline, Fly Erbil, will commence flights to the UK next month (https://ukaviation.news/kurdistan-startup-airline-fly-erbil-to-start-flights-to-uk/)

LAX_LHR
21st Jun 2018, 19:34
Reading the Anna.aero departures magazine from Vancouver, and Tom Screen seems very confident Air Arabia Maroc will announce AGA-BHX for this winter.

BHX5DME
21st Jun 2018, 19:39
Thanks for posting this user001
I know Tom S is in Vancouver this week so if BHX gains Air Arabia Maroc that would be great

LAX_LHR
21st Jun 2018, 19:41
No worries. Said magazine is online now and the BHX bit is about half way through if you want to quote the text directly.

jon01
21st Jun 2018, 21:25
This is the full article:

"We are targeting a real mix of carriers for new services from next year and beyond,” confides Tom Screen, Acting Director of Aviation at Birmingham Airport. “We are in talks with the likes of Cathay Pacific, airBaltic and Finnair about connecting to their respective hubs,” adds Screen. One hot prospect which should come to fruition before next year is Air Arabia Maroc, which Screen hopes will soon be announcing an Agadir service from W18/19. Existing carriers are also not immune to growth at Birmingham either, with Jet2.com providing two further units for S19, extra capacity from TUI Airways, as well as the prospect of Lufthansa adding capacity on its Munich operation and KLM offering extra seats to Amsterdam this winter. Despite its faltering start this summer, Primera Air has indicated that it will bring back its transatlantic services for S19. Terminal expansion To cope with the growing pains, the UK regional gateway is expanding its terminal capacity from 14 to 18 million annual passengers. “Scheduled to be open in September 2020, this development with give us some head room for short to medium-term growth”

GayFriendly
22nd Jun 2018, 09:40
Nice to see some potential good news on this thread about routes and airlines at BHX. It has been a bruising year with the loss of ZB, FI, UA, TS.....Fingers very much crossed for Air Arabia, I think there is potential for RAK too, although TUI go there, their fares are usually eye wateringly high.

Finnair have had BHX on the radar for a while - again fingers crossed. A very good option for one stop Far East flight connections.

Cathay, hmm, I would have though they would add capacity or a second frequency at MAN first before looking at BHX. Their service from MAN has been an instant success, it would be very interesting to see how many pax originate from the West Mids. for this and their flights from LHR/LGW. EK and QR manage quite happily serving all three, perhaps CX could do too. It would be the shot in the arm BHX needs right now. The fact they are 'talking' and he's made that public is good news in itself.

As for Primark Airlines, faltering is a very flattering way to describe it. I still very much doubt they will be back next year. Apparently STN and CDG doing well with bookings, I think this is where they will concentrate their ops.

Centre cities
22nd Jun 2018, 14:16
Nice to see some potential good news on this thread about routes and airlines at BHX. It has been a bruising year with the loss of ZB, FI, UA, TS.....Fingers very much crossed for Air Arabia, I think there is potential for RAK too, although TUI go there, their fares are usually eye wateringly high.

Finnair have had BHX on the radar for a while - again fingers crossed. A very good option for one stop Far East flight connections.

Cathay, hmm, I would have though they would add capacity or a second frequency at MAN first before looking at BHX. Their service from MAN has been an instant success, it would be very interesting to see how many pax originate from the West Mids. for this and their flights from LHR/LGW. EK and QR manage quite happily serving all three, perhaps CX could do too. It would be the shot in the arm BHX needs right now. The fact they are 'talking' and he's made that public is good news in itself.

As for Primark Airlines, faltering is a very flattering way to describe it. I still very much doubt they will be back next year. Apparently STN and CDG doing well with bookings, I think this is where they will concentrate their ops.

Is that a guess or based on reliable information.

When I transferred a cancelled flight from BHX to Stansted for Toronto due to cost reasons and not convenience the agent stated that a large percentage of BHX customers had done that. If STN/YYZ is not doing well with these one time customers then it never will.

Centre cities

crewmeal
23rd Jun 2018, 06:45
One hot prospect which should come to fruition before next year is Air Arabia Maroc, which Screen hopes will soon be announcing an Agadir service from W18/19.

Whilst I applaud Air Arabia possibly operating to Agadir I can't help thinking Marrakech would be a better option especially as there are many travel agents advertising weekend breaks to this resort.

As for Primark don't hold your breath, if they come back how long will they last? Again I can't help thinking that management planning screwed up big time expecting half a dozen Neos to arrive in March April time for a 3 base operation. I see folk aren't too happy on the STN page by the appearance of National again.

jon01
2nd Jul 2018, 07:14
SAS Stockholm

Dropped with immediate effect

Another route gone

GayFriendly
2nd Jul 2018, 19:25
And there was me thinking it had been quite a while since another route dropped post at BHX, oh at least a couple of weeks

No surprise, dreadful frequency and timings and no advertising. I wonder how many flights were actually flown, it was usually Non Op on FIDS.

The Route Un-Development Team office must be such a depressing place to work these days.

ATNotts
3rd Jul 2018, 07:10
And there was me thinking it had been quite a while since another route dropped post at BHX, oh at least a couple of weeks

No surprise, dreadful frequency and timings and no advertising. I wonder how many flights were actually flown, it was usually Non Op on FIDS.

The Route Un-Development Team office must be such a depressing place to work these days.

It's really hard to know which market SAS thought they were trying to serve at the frequency and times this service was flown. The summer lay-off suggests business traffic, but the frequency and timings were useless for business, the frequency, if not the timings suggested leisure traffic, but then, why can it during the summer holiday season? Muddled thinking doesn't really, on the face of it, seem to come near. No wonder Norway are pulling their shareholding in this multinational pantomime horse.

Monarch proved a demand last summer with a more leisure orientated frequency and timings - perhaps the price they had to sell the seats at were just not sustainable, but they certainly put bums on seats. Perhaps Jet2 might look at the route, operating on a similar basis to that which Monarch operated.

Plane.Silly
3rd Jul 2018, 07:50
Monarch proved a demand last summer with a more leisure orientated frequency and timings - perhaps the price they had to sell the seats at were just not sustainable, but they certainly put bums on seats. Perhaps Jet2 might look at the route, operating on a similar basis to that which Monarch operated.

Nice idea, but a bit of a long shot. Vast majority of units head south, not north (unless you count the return leg...)
If they did, they probably try LBA/MAN first, as they do with LRH/EGC. With that trial in the 1st year, it would be bare minimum 2020 before they started from BHX, plenty of time for others to jump on the opportunity.
Having said that, Maybe Jet2 need to have a bit more faith in BHX? would certainly help diversify their portfolio and take advantage while they can

ATNotts
4th Jul 2018, 06:53
Nice idea, but a bit of a long shot. Vast majority of units head south, not north (unless you count the return leg...)
If they did, they probably try LBA/MAN first, as they do with LRH/EGC. With that trial in the 1st year, it would be bare minimum 2020 before they started from BHX, plenty of time for others to jump on the opportunity.
Having said that, Maybe Jet2 need to have a bit more faith in BHX? would certainly help diversify their portfolio and take advantage while they can

Don't necessarily agree that LBA or MAN needs to be trialed first; MAN already serves ARN, and BHX already has a track record (from MON) of being able to put bums on seats on this route, and frankly, that they did surprised me - I thought it would fail to perform. Agree that any move by Jet2 would probably not before 2020 unless they find some more aircraft to put into BHX, and they are growing here already very fast.

The real question is whether Jet2 management is happy to be primarily a bucket and spade carrier, or really wants to diversify into other markets that offer both business and leisure opportunities. They may well be of the opinion that the current model works, is successful and "if it ain't bust, don't fix it". If they decided to diversify there are a number of routes that could work, not only from BHX but also from LBA / NCL and possibly STN.

chaps1954
4th Jul 2018, 10:52
Well they do as quite a few flights are the like of Prague,Sofia etc so are city break business at Manchester and Leeds so probably
will come in the future

inOban
4th Jul 2018, 12:16
I think they're cutting back the city break business from their second tier bases, which all have services to these cities from EZY and/or FR. From EDI, Vienna seems to be disappearing and Budapest is staying at twice weekly all summer,, instead of four pw.

GayFriendly
4th Jul 2018, 13:20
I don't think Jet2 will jump seriously into the city break market from any base as things stand. They are primarily a sun/ski route leisure airline not far removed from TUI and TCX IMO.

This leaves BHX in a bit of a hole as far as unserved city routes like ARN, LIS etc as I really can't see any suitable carrier to serve these markets. We all know that an EZY base will never happen (even if it did I doubt ARN would be their first choice of route!)

Jet2 may well diversify in the future but for now at BHX I feel future short term growth lies in leisure short haul (Jet2 TUI TCX) with legacy carriers static (apart from an outside chance of Finnair?) and long haul scheduled staying reduced to Mid East and India/Pakistan.

Its a very different outlook to just 3 years ago when you could barely keep up with new routes and we had a brief sniff of China!

ssflyer
4th Jul 2018, 22:11
As nationally 70% of seats are sold to Jet2 Holidays pax,and their aim is primarily the growth in that market, expect to see new destinations linked to a tie up with hotels rather than bums on seats and DIY
SSF

jon01
5th Jul 2018, 05:45
Primera

Shortage of aircraft, so some old metal operating the sun routes today:

LZ-DEO MD82 (Malaga)
9H-MAC B735 (Palma)

jon01
5th Jul 2018, 06:13
Winter 18/19

RSD Travel showing a short series of charters to Marrakesh, flights operate fortnightly from 14th Feb 2019 and are expected to use a Corendon Airlines Europe B738

FQTLSteve
5th Jul 2018, 06:34
I note your comment that an Easyjet base would never happen at BHX. This has puzzled me for a long time. They have bases at other UK airports where the general competition is similar (Ryanair, Jet2, Tui, even legacy carriers and in the recent past Monarch etc. the combination changing a little by location) and I've never understood why they ignore such a big airport (apart from BFS and GVA)? I think from your comments you may have the answer because I can't understand why this is, and I've never seen any proper explanation, maybe you can enlighten me?

LAX_LHR
5th Jul 2018, 10:19
Finally some good news for BHX, a new Wizz air route to Cluj announced today.

Plane.Silly
5th Jul 2018, 10:57
As nationally 70% of seats are sold to Jet2 Holidays pax,and their aim is primarily the growth in that market, expect to see new destinations linked to a tie up with hotels rather than bums on seats and DIY
SSF

Have they suddenly starting shifting a megaton more pax through Hols? i though the figure had only just recently hit 50/55%
But i do agree, a lot of the growth will be focused on the holidays perspective and i'm sure 70% won't be too far away

SWBKCB
5th Jul 2018, 12:16
Shortage of aircraft, so some old metal operating the sun routes today:

LZ-DEO MD82 (Malaga)
9H-MAC B735 (Palma)

Both considerably smaller than the planned a/c

RND20
5th Jul 2018, 12:26
How are loads on the short haul services?

inOban
5th Jul 2018, 12:46
I suspect that the new bases are almost entirely jet2holidays, since there are established locos operating on most of the routes. But LBA in particular will have a large number of flight only pax.

jon01
5th Jul 2018, 17:23
Wizz Air winter 18/19

Cluj-Napoca from 16 Dec 2018

07:10 / 07:40 -- -- We -- -- -- Su A320 W63315/W63316

WIZZ AIR’S NEWEST ROUTE FROM BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT (https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2018/07/05/wizz-air-announces-new-birmingham-cluj-napoca-route#/)

LAX_LHR
5th Jul 2018, 19:10
I see ‘BrumX’ is slagging me off on another site for the fact I posted the Wizz air news (seems he is taking issue that I was first to the news, WTAF), which means now I basically get slagged off for posting good news! I just can’t win. Seriously, can some people not just grow up and follow the news being posted, and not the person posting it. Or is Birmingham news only to be reported by Birmingham locals going forward. Jesus.

ATNotts
6th Jul 2018, 07:20
I see ‘BrumX’ is slagging me off on another site for the fact I posted the Wizz air news (seems he is taking issue that I was first to the news, WTAF), which means now I basically get slagged off for posting good news! I just can’t win. Seriously, can some people not just grow up and follow the news being posted, and not the person posting it. Or is Birmingham news only to be reported by Birmingham locals going forward. Jesus.

It's the "football fan" mentality, which frankly exists on just about every "airport" thread in this section of PPRuNe (I don't use the other sites) - including BHX and MAN. Some posters often treat their favourite airport as they might view their football club, and the management in the same way as they would view a football manager. You even hear cries of "foul" if one airport dares to promote itself on what someone else considers to be their "home club's" territory. The word "we" is used a lot, suggesting some sort of ownership or attachment, when in reality they have little or no direct professional association with the airport. The word "we" is used in the same way in a sports context by fans, who again, unless they are members of the club, have no direct association with it.

It might be good if some of those kinds of posts were moderated a bit more zealously, given that this is supposed to be a "professional" (in the broadest sense of the word) site, but I rather imagine they all have far too much to do in their day jobs to waste their time on such action.

It matters not who breaks the news, good or bad, they are merely passing on information that they have not previously seen mentioned on a thread.

chaps1954
6th Jul 2018, 07:55
Well said ATNotts I am on another forum and the bile that comes out of the mouths of some of the Liverpool crowd is disgusting when a non Liverpulian posts or in one case
was told why are you reaading the Liverpool forum when you are from Manchester. Our interests are all the same just we live in another area.

chinapattern
6th Jul 2018, 14:48
New x2 weekly (Tue/Fri) service to Agadir from 30th October. Bookable on their website.

FQTLSteve
8th Jul 2018, 08:40
A big delay on Primera PF 2933 to AGP scheduled 0700 delayed to 2300. Anyone know if this is a technical problem or crew issue?

WilliumMate
8th Jul 2018, 08:49
A big delay on Primera PF 2933 to AGP scheduled 0700 delayed to 2300. Anyone know if this is a technical problem or crew issue?

Just passing west of Madrid having departed at 0801, according to FR24.

Matt995
8th Jul 2018, 19:24
Just passing west of Madrid having departed at 0801, according to FR24.

that was the delayed Saturday flight, operating 25 hours late!

WilliumMate
9th Jul 2018, 03:43
Yep. See it now. Just a tad late then. :O

Navpi
9th Jul 2018, 05:22
Is the winter ACL report out for Birmingham.

Just interested who has applied for what.

RealFish
9th Jul 2018, 23:09
Apologies if it's already been posted upstream, but BA Summer 2019 flights are now appearing online and are bookable. Destinations, timings and equipment (EMB 190SR) appear to be the same as this year, ie Florence, Palma and Malaga and the fares seem remarkably reasonable. Services start on 18th May.

OltonPete
10th Jul 2018, 18:20
Apologies if it's already been posted upstream, but BA Summer 2019 flights are now appearing online and are bookable. Destinations, timings and equipment (EMB 190SR) appear to be the same as this year, ie Florence, Palma and Malaga and the fares seem remarkably reasonable. Services start on 18th May.

Cheers RealFish- not previously reported on this thread

Turkish - back to double daily next summer (April) up 2 from this summer. The morning is shown as the MAX.

Pete

FQTLSteve
12th Jul 2018, 08:01
When do you think Gibralter will be re-instated been a while since Monarch went now?

OltonPete
14th Jul 2018, 10:28
When do you think Gibralter will be re-instated been a while since Monarch went now?

GIB - could be a while unless the MAX will be able to use GIB and possibly when/if Jet2 base them.

Eurowings - From LAX_LHR on the MAN thread I checked BHX and indeed they have matched the MAN schedule with an extra Dash 8 at 12.00 - 12.35 Monday Friday making it 4 a day. A319's showing on the other flights

Vueling - Thursday BCN appears in GDS for next summer making it daily. A321 on the Tuesday service now for a few weeks

Swiss Sunday morning flight restored for the ski season and the evening season all week showing as a BCS3 which is 40 odd extra seats per flight if it happens.

All very small gains but positives and in terms of DUS not exactly needed and smacks more of filling aircraft slots in winter ala FR & EI Dublin style.

Pete

Hotel Tango
14th Jul 2018, 10:39
As a regular user of EWG on the DUS run, I agree that the fourth daily rotation comes as quite a surprise. With the odd and very few exceptions I've yet to travel on flights roughly exceeding 60% loads (excludes the morning flights which I have never used).

chaps1954
14th Jul 2018, 10:55
Pete Each and every new service counts just as I certainly count the new Sun Air flight to Oslo ex MAN even if it is only 30 seats or whatever
as you just don`t know where it could lead to. 21/22 thousand pax month to DUS is not to be sneezed at so the business is there

Ian

Hotel Tango
14th Jul 2018, 14:07
A quick calculation comes to almost 100% load factor on all flights Ian. Where do your figures come from? They certainly don't match what I have witnessed in the past 12 months with, as I said, the very odd exception. Perhaps I'm lucky with the flights I travel on. Last example was a Thursday evening BHX-DUS A319 with 86 pax at the end of last month. Earlier, on a Tuesday outbound we had about 100 on the evening DUS-BHX and they had cancelled the afternoon flight!

chaps1954
14th Jul 2018, 18:41
CAA website, don`t forget return flights as well

bycrewlgw
14th Jul 2018, 20:27
It's the "football fan" mentality, which frankly exists on just about every "airport" thread in this section of PPRuNe (I don't use the other sites) - including BHX and MAN. Some posters often treat their favourite airport as they might view their football club, and the management in the same way as they would view a football manager. You even hear cries of "foul" if one airport dares to promote itself on what someone else considers to be their "home club's" territory. The word "we" is used a lot, suggesting some sort of ownership or attachment, when in reality they have little or no direct professional association with the airport. The word "we" is used in the same way in a sports context by fans, who again, unless they are members of the club, have no direct association with it.

It might be good if some of those kinds of posts were moderated a bit more zealously, given that this is supposed to be a "professional" (in the broadest sense of the word) site, but I rather imagine they all have far too much to do in their day jobs to waste their time on such action.

It matters not who breaks the news, good or bad, they are merely passing on information that they have not previously seen mentioned on a thread.

Well said. It’s actually quite sad to see the mentality of some posters on here...

Hotel Tango
14th Jul 2018, 21:36
CAA website, don`t forget return flights as well

Yes, I took that into consideration. Having just checked the CAA website, the figures you quote are for ALL carriers on the route. Don't forget Flybe operate 4 a day on weekdays too. Therefore, at present, there are at least 7 rotations a day on weekdays (less at weekends). I haven't time to do all the figures accurately because EWG have a tendency to swap and change gauge quite regularly (A320/A319/DHC-8) and Flybe is also a mix with E175/DHC-8. But I'd say the loads are, on average, roughly what I said.

ssflyer
14th Jul 2018, 21:57

When,if ever, it features in the Jet2 Holidays brochure.
SS

ATNotts
15th Jul 2018, 09:51
I see that the FA and / or BHX have told England supporters that they should not come to BHX to welcome the team back from Moscow.

I assume that is because they don't want hordes of hopeful wellwishers descending on the PAX terminal. Will the MSCP on the Elmdon side be off limits for the afternoon I wonder, as I imagine that they will arrive there.

Hotel Tango
15th Jul 2018, 10:07
I see that the FA and / or BHX have told England supporters that they should not come to BHX to welcome the team back from Moscow.

Brilliant! A sure way to ensure that even more people will come now!

Navpi
15th Jul 2018, 14:29
This has been a PR disaster. BHX should have made it clear they were issuing a plea on behalf of the FA and deflected as much criticsm as possible.

Instead they basically issued a fairly blunt and terse statement that gave the impression they were making the decision.

Maybe they were, but some spin should have been in order !

OltonPete
17th Jul 2018, 19:55

Not sure how much longer they will be a worry at BHX: - Credit F4A

Palma ends 2 September instead of 30 September

Barcelona - all greyed out which will then just leave Malaga until Alicante, LPA, TFS and KEF start in December (what are the odds)

VLM

Antwerp not bookable after 10 August.

Well that was a brief purple patch - normal service has been resumed

Better news - A few extra Jet2 added in winter such as two Salzburg's during Feb half-term on a Saturday and Thomas Cook have two night Dalaman's until mid November and three Antalya's.

Pete

Heathrow Harry
17th Jul 2018, 19:59
This has been a PR disaster. BHX should have made it clear they were issuing a plea on behalf of the FA and deflected as much criticsm as possible.

Instead they basically issued a fairly blunt and terse statement that gave the impression they were making the decision.

Maybe they were, but some spin should have been in order !
haven't seen any negative feed back

and why would they want thousands turning up who, at best, would pay to park and disrupt their main business???

Hotel Tango
17th Jul 2018, 21:42
VLM

Antwerp not bookable after 10 August.

No surprise, for all the reasons given before they even started. There wasn't even a remote chance with the frequency and timings.

GayFriendly
18th Jul 2018, 11:50
So the only new airlines to launch at BHX in summer 18 either pull out or are seemingly pulling out before summer has even ended....you couldn't make it up!

Might start taking bets on how long Air Arabia Maroc will last...3 weeks? 3 months? 😐

crewmeal
18th Jul 2018, 12:42
I can't understand why Sharm is still off limits to UK operators. Maybe Air Arabia should dip their to in that particluar bath. The resort has been deemed safe enough.

LAX_LHR
18th Jul 2018, 12:45
Sharm is still off limits due to poor airport security. The resort itself is fine, but the airport isn’t still deemed norm to be fine.

jon01
18th Jul 2018, 17:20
Jet2 to Reykjavik (KEF)

Flights bookable in March 2019, route is only bookable as a return flight and must originate in the UK:

7th Out / returns to MAN
11th Out / Return
14th Out empty / Return

These are Northern Lights City Breaks only, but maybe something more regular in the future?

sixchannel
18th Jul 2018, 20:47
Jet2 to Reykjavik (KEF)

Flights bookable in March 2019, route is only bookable as a return flight and must originate in the UK:

7th Out / returns to MAN
11th Out / Return
14th Out empty / Return

These are Northern Lights City Breaks only, but maybe something more regular in the future?

Try and book it. I just did. All seats sold. Really??!!

nwoody2001
19th Jul 2018, 11:26
tours now available.... Some great city break prices in Reyjavik with prices between £500-£600 pp with flights, hotel, transfers and tours included.

Adrian68
19th Jul 2018, 12:43
Primera - from 6th Dec 2018

The AGP is an away based aircraft three times a week and ALC is twice a week (Thurs + Sunday) (3 at peak times) also they have REK from the 13th Jan 19 to 7th April ops out Sundays returns Thursday which would work for the ALC flights. Ops LPA on Friday and TFS on a Saturday.

01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS REYKJAVIK /BIRMINGHAM
...4... KEF BHX 0830 1105 @H11956 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /ALICANTE
......7 BHX ALC 1115 1450 @H11973 737
...4... BHX ALC 1235 1610 @H11973 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /LAS PALMAS
....5.. BHX LPA 0800 1215 @H11977 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /TENERIFE SUR
.....6. BHX TFS 0800 1220 @H11979 737

1FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS LAS PALMAS /BIRMINGHAM
....5.. LPA BHX 1315 1725 @H11978 737

01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS TENERIFE SUR/BIRMINGHAM
.....6. TFS BHX 1320 1735 @H11980 737

01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS ALICANTE /BIRMINGHAM
......7 ALC BHX 1550 1730 @H11974 737
...4... ALC BHX 1710 1850 @H11974 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /REYKJAVIK
......7 BHX KEF 1900 2145 @H11957 737

I hope this helps

Centre cities
19th Jul 2018, 14:48
Primera - from 6th Dec 2018

The AGP is an away based aircraft three times a week and ALC is twice a week (Thurs + Sunday) (3 at peak times) also they have REK from the 13th Jan 19 to 7th April ops out Sundays returns Thursday which would work for the ALC flights. Ops LPA on Friday and TFS on a Saturday.

01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS REYKJAVIK /BIRMINGHAM
...4... KEF BHX 0830 1105 @H11956 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /ALICANTE
......7 BHX ALC 1115 1450 @H11973 737
...4... BHX ALC 1235 1610 @H11973 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /LAS PALMAS
....5.. BHX LPA 0800 1215 @H11977 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /TENERIFE SUR
.....6. BHX TFS 0800 1220 @H11979 737

1FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS LAS PALMAS /BIRMINGHAM
....5.. LPA BHX 1315 1725 @H11978 737

01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS TENERIFE SUR/BIRMINGHAM
.....6. TFS BHX 1320 1735 @H11980 737

01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS ALICANTE /BIRMINGHAM
......7 ALC BHX 1550 1730 @H11974 737
...4... ALC BHX 1710 1850 @H11974 737
01FEB19-28FEB19 MTWTFSS BIRMINGHAM /REYKJAVIK
......7 BHX KEF 1900 2145 @H11957 737

I hope this helps

From December it has been like this for some time with a part week based aircraft using what would be positioning legs for a once a week service to Iceland with the arrival and departure on different days.

The question is with Primera will it remain at this schedule. Boston, Toronto, New York, Palma and Barcelona have all changed.

In my opinion offering a daily Barcelona for 3 months and then stopping the service was always a strange decision am I am not surprised it is showing withdrawn from sale.

Centre cities

chinapattern
19th Jul 2018, 21:24
Jet2 offer Barcelona from a couple of other bases so hopefully they are looking at it; Nice, Berlin and Amsterdam could also be good options.

Plane.Silly
20th Jul 2018, 07:45
Jet2 offer Barcelona from a couple of other bases so hopefully they are looking at it; Nice, Berlin and Amsterdam could also be good options.

Nice is a good shout, probably not Berlin or Amsterdam, since they only serve those from LBA.

ssflyer
20th Jul 2018, 10:36
I am told that Nice will only run when Jet2 Holidays have the hotels in place-it will not run as a "seats only" flight as that is not their current policy.
SSF

JennyB
20th Jul 2018, 23:30
haven't seen any negative feed back

and why would they want thousands turning up who, at best, would pay to park and disrupt their main business???

Think that to the airport management paying to park is their main business.

OltonPete
22nd Jul 2018, 22:09
Ryanair winter 2018/9 (Christmas Period)The 4th based is pressed back into service Thursday - Sunday for at least the last two weeks of the year but all mainly Christmas only and not the New Year unless they will be released later - 11 routes operating at least twice each.

Thursday 20th & 27th - 07:50 Murcia 13:50 & 14:55 Modlin 20:35 plus an away based Malaga extra09:25/09:55

Friday 21st & 28th 10:35 Bratislava 15:30 & 16:35 Krakow 22:10

Saturday 22nd & 29th 06:55 Gdansk 12:15 & 13:05 Arrecife 22:05 plus an away based Alicante 11:55

Sunday23rd & 30th 06:30 Bydgoszcz 11:30 & 12:40 Sofia 19:50 plus away based Tenerife 12:20

Pete

OltonPete
23rd Jul 2018, 19:00
From December it has been like this for some time with a part week based aircraft using what would be positioning legs for a once a week service to Iceland with the arrival and departure on different days.

The question is with Primera will it remain at this schedule. Boston, Toronto, New York, Palma and Barcelona have all changed.

In my opinion offering a daily Barcelona for 3 months and then stopping the service was always a strange decision am I am not surprised it is showing withdrawn from sale.

Centre cities

I wonder what the odds are of any flights in December after even more cuts today?

Malaga from daily to 5 a week from September

Tenerife & Las Palmas appear to be off-sale which could make a total of 5 routes announced that will never start - YYZ, BOS, BCN, LPA & TFS. Some going for such a small airline.

Barcelona remains in the booking engine as does LPA & TFS so maybe just some changes coming but it seems that it will be the glass half-empty scenario that is the most likely outcome.

Pete

Scottie Dog
23rd Jul 2018, 19:24
Please, please Primera if you're going to abandon Birmingham then have the decency to go public and make a formal announcement. Alternatively let your passenger, both existing and future, know what your real plans are.

simoncorbett
23rd Jul 2018, 19:46
Pete
ive booked to LPA in Feb with Primera, even tho more expensive than Ryanair, I thought it would be good to support our new local airline ..... I think I will now need to rebook with a more reliable airline
simon

crewmeal
23rd Jul 2018, 19:54
Which begs the question why would anyone want to book with Primera with all these changes that take place? They have proved so unrelaible with the whole operation. Did they get the fire station treatment in the beginning? I hope not it would have been a waste of valuable water.

OltonPete
23rd Jul 2018, 21:03
Please, please Primera if you're going to abandon Birmingham then have the decency to go public and make a formal announcement. Alternatively let your passenger, both existing and future, know what your real plans are.

Death by a 1000 cuts is a dreadful way to do things and of course brings into doubt the Alicante and Reykjavik which were tied in with the LPA & TFS. If they had real commitment they would have kept the base post 9 December as they had at least 7 flights but this crazy KEF flight to get the aircraft here for a few days always seemed odd.

I've booked to LPA in Feb with Primera, even tho more expensive than Ryanair, I thought it would be good to support our new local airline ..... I think I will now need to rebook with a more reliable airline
simon

Simon - not looking good for you but maybe an outside chance they are re-hashing schedule and I don't suppose they have contacted you?

crewmeal

Surprised they didn't get one for the last Newark flight :ugh:

Pete

FQTLSteve
24th Jul 2018, 06:18
I booked to fly on Primera Air PF2934 AGP-BHX 14.08.18 on 19 July. I have received an email sent 23 July informing me that my flight has been cancelled. They've given me three options, full refund, next available Primera flight or their choice of another airline. I have to reply by email indicating my choice before they can help me. Does anyone have experience of how fast and how good they deal with this?

Centre cities
24th Jul 2018, 07:16
I booked to fly on Primera Air PF2934 AGP-BHX 14.08.18 on 19 July. I have received an email sent 23 July informing me that my flight has been cancelled. They've given me three options, full refund, next available Primera flight or their choice of another airline. I have to reply by email indicating my choice before they can help me. Does anyone have experience of how fast and how good they deal with this?

Yes I have. I only ever received an automated reply to my emails asking me not to email again and it would be dealt with but I received no reply. I phoned them. It took 1 hour 45 minutes to get answered. You get a countdown when you are number 5 in the queue. I would bite the bullet, ring and sit it out. When I got through the issue was dealt with.

Centre cities

Plane.Silly
24th Jul 2018, 07:17
Just apply for the full refund and book your own

Quick check on skyscanner has Jet2 at 12:25 at £141 or Ryanair at 17:20 at £247. No Brainer there

FQTLSteve
24th Jul 2018, 07:59
Thanks for the replies. I've gone for the full refund and will re-book myself. It seems they have removed the Tuesday and Wednesday flights for two weeks only, when I looked on their reservations, seems strange to me in high season.

OltonPete
24th Jul 2018, 17:50
Thanks for the replies. I've gone for the full refund and will re-book myself. It seems they have removed the Tuesday and Wednesday flights for two weeks only, when I looked on their reservations, seems strange to me in high season.

Steve - my commiserations and all I can say they are a total disgrace for cutting your flight so close to departure.

I don't suppose you will be surprised route cut 6 before it starting has happened today with Alicante now off sale.

So any bets on KEF or AGP to go next or both?

Pete

USERNAME_
24th Jul 2018, 18:48
I think it’s highly likely that Primera are going to pull the entire BHX operation.
It’s incredibly sad, for the pax with booking that’ll be lost and for the crews which will be forced down to STN or to KEF etc etc.
However I guess it’s better to pull it rather than keep it and lose money.

crewmeal
24th Jul 2018, 20:28
I guess it’s better to pull it rather than keep it and lose money.

What a way to run a business, management should have thought about that in the first place. Yet again an example of bad planning, bad decision making, total incompetence all round. Who suffers? the poor customer who put their trust in them who pay and expect a service. I hope the crew manage to find jobs at alternative carriers.

inOban
24th Jul 2018, 21:13
This was an unfortunate year to start any new operation especially at short notice. All the holiday operators are, not surprisingly, reporting an absence of late bookings, a combination of the summer and the low £, I guess. So regardless of Primera's shortcomings, they were going to struggle.

USERNAME_
24th Jul 2018, 21:24
This was an unfortunate year to start any new operation especially at short notice. All the holiday operators are, not surprisingly, reporting an absence of late bookings, a combination of the summer and the low £, I guess. So regardless of Primera's shortcomings, they were going to struggle.

you make it sound like they’re going bust!

inOban
24th Jul 2018, 22:21
you make it sound like they’re going bust!

I'm aware that Primera is a well-defined Scandinavian operator.

OltonPete
25th Jul 2018, 17:37
What a way to run a business, management should have thought about that in the first place. Yet again an example of bad planning, bad decision making, total incompetence all round. Who suffers? the poor customer who put their trust in them who pay and expect a service. I hope the crew manage to find jobs at alternative carriers.

It gets no better - almost on schedule (unlike their flights :ugh:) Malaga ends 28 October leaving just KEF but by 5pm tomorrow?

Apparently not just BHX now as Stansted also showing cuts on short-haul.

Pete

FQTLSteve
28th Jul 2018, 08:47
I posted recently the cancellation of my Primera Air flight from AGP-BHX. I requested the option of a full refund on 24 July, and I'm impressed that the full refund was in my account by 26 July. I think that's a very creditable response, although I'd rather it hadn't been cancelled in the first place.

OltonPete
28th Jul 2018, 21:08
I posted recently the cancellation of my Primera Air flight from AGP-BHX. I requested the option of a full refund on 24 July, and I'm impressed that the full refund was in my account by 26 July. I think that's a very creditable response, although I'd rather it hadn't been cancelled in the first place.

First bit of positive news from them for a while although the TTG article on the Primera thread claims that they still have confidence in the Midlands market for Transatlantic. Not so short-haul though going by the amount of flights removed from sale this week from BHX & STN.

Pete

Navpi
29th Jul 2018, 06:47
Did Birmingham ever replace it's CEO ?

BHX5DME
29th Jul 2018, 07:01
Did Birmingham ever replace it's CEO ?

no CEO still
18 months since PK handed in his notice !

ATNotts
29th Jul 2018, 08:13
First bit of positive news from them for a while although the TTG article on the Primera thread claims that they still have confidence in the Midlands market for Transatlantic. Not so short-haul though going by the amount of flights removed from sale this week from BHX & STN.

Pete

Not that you can necessarily trust the "marketing speak" used in press articles, but the word "will" was used in relation to BHX transatlantics for 2019. It'll be interesting to see if they appear in the initial release of the ACL summer 2019 slot for BHX.

They could have an uphill PR ride, but people have short memories, and if the price is right you never know, they could be "2nd time lucky". They shouldn't at any rate have issues with the equipment in 2019.

Navpi
29th Jul 2018, 08:25
Do you locals think it's a power battle and maybe the Chairman or another boird member is running the show.

it seems odd that having had such a high profile spokesperson in recent times that momentum for good or sometimes bad has been lost.

There has to be somebody running the show and making ultimate decisions.

ATNotts
29th Jul 2018, 10:00
Do you locals think it's a power battle and maybe the Chairman or another boird member is running the show.

it seems odd that having had such a high profile spokesperson in recent times that momentum for good or sometimes bad has been lost.

There has to be somebody running the show and making ultimate decisions.

For sure there is someone at the helm whilst the search for the right person continues; sometimes it appears to me as though (to enthusiasts / airport fans at least) the CEO has equivalent status to a premier league manager who can be hired and fired at will if they don't perform in the eyes of the supporters.

The board / owners might for all we know have concluded that the business can function without the extra expense of a figurehead on a 6 or seven figure salary; it could be that the current caretaker is being groomed to take up the CEO position, or that someone else in the management team will take on the permanent mantle without using the title CEO - which is a term that has only come into use comparatively recently - probably from the American language!

For now the business is still making good profits for the owners, even though headline passenger numbers have taken a hit following the collapse of Monarch. Having a CEO would have made no difference to that, not the debacle that has been Primera this summer.

chaps1954
29th Jul 2018, 10:12
There has to be someone who is answerable to and make the big decisions and basically steer the ship, after all the crew of a ship depend on the captain to see the big picture

OltonPete
30th Jul 2018, 19:35
There has to be someone who is answerable to and make the big decisions and basically steer the ship, after all the crew of a ship depend on the captain to see the big picture

It does seem someone is making decisions and more details about the 15m extension is online which can be seen below if the link opens.

Solihull MBC (https://publicaccess.solihull.gov.uk/online-applications/files/C10CD51EFAAEB90B47DF2487B468A419/pdf/PL_2018_02090_PPFL-APPENDIX_C_DESIGN_AND_ACCESS_STATEMENT-894537.pdf)

June Passenger figures.

Excellent figures (never thought I would say that when they are down) - 1,239,181 down 4.84%

Incredible really especially when you look at some of the individual routes and the hit taken such as Malaga, Alicante and Faro.

Qatar was miserable again but Emirates up on fewer flights but did average under 400 (just).

Primera Newark was around 68-70% depending on the 757 config (68% based on the NEO)

Pete

BHX5DME
31st Jul 2018, 12:21
All short haul routes scrapped
They are saying that they will make a decision on long haul in early 2019

FQTLSteve
31st Jul 2018, 13:58
From when I have a flight booked for 13th August?

xanda_man
31st Jul 2018, 16:26
From when I have a flight booked for 13th August?

PMI & BCN from Sept 3rd and then the remaining AW18/19 flights from 29th Oct apparently but personally I'd keep a close eye on your emails for cancellations between now and then. They have been known to cancel random flights infrequently.

jon01
3rd Aug 2018, 18:06
Fly One

Another airline leaving Birmingham

The final service to Chișinău will be Saturday 1st September 2018

(Thanks to Colin H for the info)

Falcon666
3rd Aug 2018, 18:56
Fly One

Wizz seem the obvious choice to pick up the route .

compton3bravo
3rd Aug 2018, 18:59
Not really surprised what with a limited market and Wizz and Air Moldova firmly established just down the road.

jon01
5th Aug 2018, 06:01
The Sunday night Voyager A330-200 Falkland Island's air bridge will operate from Birmingham between 30 July until 17 September 2018 due to runway light work at RAF Brize Norton. The A330 positions in Sun am and departs 01:10 Mon am

chinapattern
5th Aug 2018, 14:30
Fly One

Wasn’t this always planned to be seasonal or is it gone for good?

jon01
6th Aug 2018, 18:07
Wasn’t this always planned to be seasonal or is it gone for good?

The Fly One route was planned to end 27 Oct 2018, but they are pulling out completely

chinapattern
13th Aug 2018, 18:59
A few interesting little snippets; hopefully BHX can move on from the whole Primera fiasco...

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/birmingham-airport-looks-east-after-primera-blow-15088

FQTLSteve
14th Aug 2018, 07:20
Did AGP-BHX yesterday with Primera Air, full flight, comfortable clean cabin and good service. I have no hesitation in using them again.

chinapattern
15th Aug 2018, 05:55
Resuming double daily ops from 31st March 2019.

jon01
15th Aug 2018, 18:23
Resuming double daily ops from 31st March 2019.

Turkish

This increase was reported on here a while back!

Not sure what all the fuss is about, they are just adding 2 additional flights per week to make it 14 weekly. Was it not double daily before, until it was cut back?

Quite a few upgrades over August Bank Holiday, with A321s showing on many flights

An A330-200 is scheduled for Monday 3rd September at 16:05

OltonPete
15th Aug 2018, 19:58
Turkish

This increase was reported on here a while back!

Not sure what all the fuss is about, they are just adding 2 additional flights per week to make it 14 weekly. Was it not double daily before, until it was cut back?

Quite a few upgrades over August Bank Holiday, with A321s showing on many flights

An A330-200 is scheduled for Monday 3rd September at 16:05

Summer 2016 it was double daily.

October Half-term & winter shaping up nicel showing some minor increases from the regular airlines albeit still early days although most I have previously reported: -

Ryanair - extra Monday Malaga (making 2) in October and a second Wednesday in half-term (new), Alicante now daily in winter and then the previously reported 4th based for Christmas & New Year, Dublin 6 a day on 6 days, extra Faro on a Sunday
Jet2 - Extra October half-term as mentioned above and Christmas/New Year flights including for the first time two Arrecife's on Monday Half-term, also new 2 flights a week in December Santa charters* plus Iceland and Vienna short season
Thomas Cook - Extra Canaries flights October half-term on top of the previously reported third based aircraft in winter although it has been pointed out than in December and January it doesn't fly much
TUI - Hurghada and Boa Vista double, Goa weekly but Phuket dropped (appalling loads) plus for ski season weekly Kuusamo
Flybe - Managed to get the weekly Ski Lleida back and it appears they have the Sunday Titan Chambery (out to SOU in between?)
Swiss - Evening still showing as the BCS3 (A220-300)
Lufthansa - LH952/3 defaulted at times to the A320 from the A319 although still lays off for 5 weeks in the new year
Eurowings - as reported extra DUS DH8D
Vueling - Barcelona doubled from 2 to 4 a week and curiously in January as well - didn't even operate last year in January
Air Arabia Maroc - Agadir as reported previously twice a week
Wizz - Cluj as reported previously twice a week
KLM - 739 night-stop
easyjet 3 daily Belfast Sunday - Friday from February although GVA is down two rotations a week and Grenoble gone

If Primera had stayed it would have really been a bumper winter

* Jet2 Ivalo dates - 28/11+30/11+2/12+4/12+6/12+8/12+11/12+13/12+15/12+18/12+20/12+22/12+24/12+27/12 - charters

Pete

Plane.Silly
16th Aug 2018, 14:49
A good summary there, thanks OltonPete

Do we know who Jet2 are operating the Ivalo Charters for? Would be nice to take the kids to see Santa :)

OltonPete
16th Aug 2018, 17:08
A good summary there, thanks OltonPete

Do we know who Jet2 are operating the Ivalo Charters for? Would be nice to take the kids to see Santa :)

I will PM you

Pete

jon01
16th Aug 2018, 19:18
I will PM you

Pete

It's no secret:

Santa's Lapland (https://www.santaslapland.com/)

jon01
21st Aug 2018, 17:16
Historic Elmdon Terminal at Birmingham Airport is saved (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/art-deco-elmdon-birmingham-airport-15056322)

FQTLSteve
22nd Aug 2018, 06:03
What is the situation with Primera Air? I can't work out what is happening. Are they returning in 2019 with the same services planned as this year when they have the aircraft as they said they would or are they leaving for good, in which case what was the point as they're starting to build up a customer base? It is a little confusing as different reports are not clear and vary?

ATNotts
22nd Aug 2018, 07:04
What is the situation with Primera Air? I can't work out what is happening. Are they returning in 2019 with the same services planned as this year when they have the aircraft as they said they would or are they leaving for good, in which case what was the point as they're starting to build up a customer base? It is a little confusing as different reports are not clear and vary?

I thought they had made their position perfectly clear. Med. services are gone as demand hasn't met expectations. TATL canned this season because of fleet issues, with a (PR face saving) commitment to decide on North American services next spring which we know is really far too late to be launching a successful programme.

Can't see them coming back, unless it's in the guise of a wet lease to Jet2 - as they have done in previous years at EMA.

FQTLSteve
22nd Aug 2018, 08:07
Thanks ATNotts for your reply. It's a shame about the Med. services I don't think they gave them enough time to get established. The choice between Jet2 and Ryanair is very limited for the airport's size, it's not an ideal situation, perhaps the airport can try to get Vueling or Norwegian back again? I'm no expert but I'd say that the Med. routes are now woefully underserved from BHX with many destinations no longer served, I presume Primera Air must have lost a lot of money setting up base just for a few months? It all seems rather odd.

GayFriendly
22nd Aug 2018, 16:25
Agreed Steve, the Med routes are woefuly underserved fron BHX. You only have to look at the huge decreases month after month on AGP, ALC, TFS amongst others to see that BHX has barely recovered from the loss of ZB. Ryanair have tinkered with some additional frequencies whilst Jet2 have become Monarch...the growth Jet2 would have had at BHX now simply partly fills the ZB void.

The problem is who can BHX approach? Vueling and Norwegian were good whilst they lasted but no hope of either launching these types of routes. Likewise EasyJet.

There is no one apart from Wizz at a very outside chance.

The big worry is why could Primera not make these routes work for them over the height of the season? Or just PR spin as they had so much egg on face over their blink and you miss them TATL ops. It does not send a positive message to the few other airlines who could step in about BHX being a money spinner.

ATNotts
23rd Aug 2018, 07:13
The big worry is why could Primera not make these routes work for them over the height of the season? Or just PR spin as they had so much egg on face over their blink and you miss them TATL ops. It does not send a positive message to the few other airlines who could step in about BHX being a money spinner.

Who says BHX was a money spinner in 2017?? I would suggest that if anything there was over capacity and as a result too many cheap fares, and nobody making adequate money on Med routes in particular.

There is a happy medium to be achieved, and BHX is probably in a better position now, with controlled expansion by one major carrier, in Jet2 than having another upstart piling in on the same old markets and creating too much capacity too quickly.

OltonPete
28th Aug 2018, 17:08
Source: CAA

July 2018 Passenger figures 1313887 (1436756) down 8.55% - 2017 in brackets

Passenger transport movements 10007 (11594) down 12% - Cargo 247 (250) down 1%

The difficult summer continues and only slightly better in August I believe.

What is left of long-haul was not too bad with Qatar just 7 pax down on July 2017, Emirates averaging just shy of 500 and Amritsar/Delhi service was slightly up at just over 13000 and Islambad was also up.

Pete

MANFOD
28th Aug 2018, 21:19
Pete, have you got a link please. I'm only seeing June still.

OltonPete
28th Aug 2018, 21:56
Pete, have you got a link please. I'm only seeing June still.

Try this one it is the from the Cardiff thread - all very odd my favourites is also getting June only.

CAA (https://www.caa.co.uk/Data-and-analysis/UK-aviation-market/Airports/Datasets/UK-Airport-data/Airport-data-2018-07/)

Pete

FQTLSteve
29th Aug 2018, 07:14
What a difference a year makes I remember the stats being reported then with BHX pulling ahead of EDI quite strongly in the key summer months. A complete turnaround. Not good when traffic is generally up. Not a rosy future.

MANFOD
29th Aug 2018, 07:15
Many thanks Pete. That link worked.

ATNotts
29th Aug 2018, 08:11
Source: CAA

July 2018 Passenger figures 1313887 (1436756) down 8.55% - 2017 in brackets

Passenger transport movements 10007 (11594) down 12% - Cargo 247 (250) down 1%

The difficult summer continues and only slightly better in August I believe.

What is left of long-haul was not too bad with Qatar just 7 pax down on July 2017, Emirates averaging just shy of 500 and Amritsar/Delhi service was slightly up at just over 13000 and Islambad was also up.

Pete

From a business perspective I imagine the airlines will be pretty pleased that aircraft movements are down a greater percentage than passengers, which might suggest that there is a higher load factor generally, which ought to be leading to higher yields. Obviously however only the airlines themselves know the extent to which that may be true.

It does suggest that there is probably room for organic (rather than explosive) growth over the next few years, though that should be cautioned since still nobody knows what Brexit will bring - hopefully another 20 months breathing space (till Dec. 2020) for things to be properly sorted out.

LGS6753
29th Aug 2018, 20:27
From a business perspective I imagine the airlines will be pretty pleased that aircraft movements are down a greater percentage than passengers, which might suggest that there is a higher load factor generally,

...or that larger aircraft are being used.

ATNotts
30th Aug 2018, 08:32
...or that larger aircraft are being used.

I'm sure Pete has the actual numbers, but my gut tells me that with ZB 321s being effective replaced by LS 738s, and fewer E195 and E170s from FlyBe the average number of seats per aircraft may be a little less.

Over to you Pete!

OltonPete
30th Aug 2018, 22:15
I'm sure Pete has the actual numbers, but my gut tells me that with ZB 321s being effective replaced by LS 738s, and fewer E195 and E170s from FlyBe the average number of seats per aircraft may be a little less.

Over to you Pete!

Not really worked out the seats comparison from summer 2017 compared to summer 2018 or the aircraft type used but in general what ATNotts has stated is true. BHX had between 6 and 7 Monarch A321's operating in 214 config but Jet2 have just the one A321 based. Flybe reduced by around 6 flights a day but replaced by nothing on those lost routes and frequencies. Roughly in high summer BHX lost 7 x 214 seats on a 2/4 sector day, 3 x 174 seat A320's, 2 x DH8D/175 with 78/88 seats on 4 to six sector days and 1 x FR 738 on 4 sector days replaced by a few FR away based 189 seat 738's, 4 x 189 seat Jet2 on 4 sector days and 1 x 220 seat Jet A321, 1 x Primera 189 seat B73H on 4 sector days and 1 x 189 seat TUI 738 on 4 to 6 sector days. The ACL had the seat loss report but I am sure it was between 12-15% but pax have been down just under 10% high-summer.

Jet2Although the Corfu ends early September as planned and the extra frequencies to Rhodes, Heraklion and Mahon also finish they have had a reshuffle with some aircraft in October only operating just the one flight such as 3 of the 9 aircraft on a Thursday but overall there are still 9 on based when originally it was 8 operational after the second week in September.

The good news as well as Prague returning on Monday and Friday as scheduled they have added a second Malaga Saturday morning within 10 minutes of the first, the Palma away based on a Sunday becomes based departing just 5 minutes after the first morning Palma. Saturday sees an extra Antalya added, Sunday and extra Arrecife and Friday afternoon a second Tenerife again departing shortly after the first. Monday gets an extra Antalya.

I make Saturdays 20 flights in early October as the away based Alicante's remain away based.

Certain routes see planned reductions or end early such as Zante, Almeria, Thessaloniki, Ibiza, Kos so no surprises as all originally scheduled.

The Primera base seems to close at the end of September with the Malaga an away based aircraft from Stansted.

It is far from all doom and gloom and to cap it all an extraordinary week of GA movements plus MAEL seeing Virgin, Norwegian 787's and a DHL 757. Elmdon side is booming. Still a long way to go with the route mix but still heading in the right direction.

Pete

jon01
7th Sep 2018, 18:38
SAS Stockholm

Service reinstated for Xmas 2018, operating on 22nd, 26th Dec & 3rd Jan 2019

GayFriendly
8th Sep 2018, 00:20
Woah 2 Stockholm flights over Christmas, there was me thnking the bhx route develipment team had given up....

OltonPete
9th Sep 2018, 20:21
Wizz

Summer 19 showing Bucharest at 3 a week (no change) and Cluj 2 a week which has yet to start. Other routes not released

Ryanair

An extra Krakow added for summer on a Monday with an away based aircraft.

The only other summer change is the second Thursday away based Malaga has been moved to a based evening flight on a Wednesday.

Winter now sees Malaga 6 a week with the away based Sunday the most recent addition, Alicante is daily with Tuesday the latest addition around a month ago. They have shaved a rotation off Dublin on Tuesday and Thursday to make it 5 daily Tuesday-Thursday but still up slightly on last winter when Sunday, Monday and Friday were just 4 daily but they will be 6 daily this winter if nothing changes. Faro was the only other increase going from 2 to 3 a week.

Jet2

Very fluid and generally positive with the changes mainly around Easter with Naples now twice a week from mid month, Antalya 4 a week (Thomas Cook 5 a week at Easter), Dubrovnik 2 weekly and Rhodes staring at Easter. I have not noticed any high season changes for summer 19 recently but still a lot afternoons with 14 departures requiring 12 aircraft. Summer 18 retains use of the 9th based as they have retimed some flights from mid September.

Air India

Troubling as Friday Delhi has now been off-sale about a week from 12 October thus making it only 6 a week from 18 October and it does not appear again thereafter.

No TAP

15 new destinations including Dublin but no surprise BHX is over-looked as they have never said they would operate from BHX but they must have such a stunning network to ignore up to 6000 pax a month. I can't believe it would affect the Manchester service too much as at present most would be heading to Luton or Bristol for O & D although some connecting pax would be using Heathrow (If not AF from BHX) and this could be an excellent opportunity to take passengers off any airlines and alliances

Flybe.

A lot of chopping and changing with the winter 195 with it mainly on the seven a day Amsterdam rather than Paris. Some winter cuts after Christmas - Lyon from 7 a week to 5, Milan between 5 and 8, Knock 3 a week at times both HAJ & HAM 4 a week even Inverness loses the Saturday service at times.

Pete

jon01
11th Sep 2018, 06:28
Thomas Cook winter 18/19

The extra based aircraft, a Thomas Cook Balearics A320, will be operating as below:

Mon: Fuerteventura*
Tue: Tenerife* Antalya*
Wed: Tenerife*
Thu: Tenerife* Las Palmas* Arrecife* Antalya*
Fri: Tenerife* Arrecife* Dalaman* (Nov night flight)
Sat: Tenerife* Fuerteventura* Grenoble* Antalya*
Sun: Palma* Tenerife

* Not operating every week

The schedule is quite flexi depending on Xmas & school holidays, two flights a day only on certain Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays

FQTLSteve
12th Sep 2018, 09:58
I read on here that Primera would make a decision about the transatlantic services early in 2019. In view of the plethora of announcements, including the latest Madrid, on new transatlantic services, is there likely to be an announcement sooner, in order to have time to promote and encourage reservations?

ATNotts
12th Sep 2018, 10:02
I read on here that Primera would make a decision about the transatlantic services early in 2019. In view of the plethora of announcements, including the latest Madrid, on new transatlantic services, is there likely to be an announcement sooner, in order to have time to promote and encourage reservations?

I'm not a betting man, but I wouldn't put a 10p piece on Primera returning to BHX, certainly not transatlantic. That ship has sailed, they've set their sights 1) outside the UK, for perhaps obvious reasons, and 2) on major cities. If they had, say, announced services from Hannover, or Lyon I might have had more hope for BHX.

FQTLSteve
12th Sep 2018, 10:14
ATNotts Very quick reply, cheers. I must say it did make me think likewise. So it looks bleak with no transatlantic services for the time being, there might well be a long wait ahead for any potential services if at all, apart from the TUI and Thomas Cook type of flights, not been at all good for BHX since last year. The tunnel seems vey long when comparing to other UK airports, as I've said before there are IMO far too many gaps now even on European services, key destinations remain unserved again for 2019 it would appear. The route development team have a lot of work to do I think, but they should have done better with such a wide and large catchment area and excellent transport links. Fingers crossed.

ATNotts
12th Sep 2018, 10:24
ATNotts Very quick reply, cheers. I must say it did make me think likewise. So it looks bleak with no transatlantic services for the time being, there might well be a long wait ahead for any potential services if at all, apart from the TUI and Thomas Cook type of flights, not been at all good for BHX since last year. The tunnel seems vey long when comparing to other UK airports, as I've said before there are IMO far too many gaps now even on European services, key destinations remain unserved again for 2019 it would appear. The route development team have a lot of work to do I think, but they should have done better with such a wide and large catchment area and excellent transport links. Fingers crossed.

To be honest, if you take the London airports out of the equation (and we know London is a honeypot for TATL services) BHX is in good company when it comes to English airports without direct trans atlantic services. I'm struggling to think of any, apart from for Manchester that do now, with Transat having retrenched to London and Manchester, and not only BHX but also NCL and BRS having lost their direct services to the USA. In Scotland GLA is hanging on, EDI being the real pull in Scotland, and Cardiff - well unless a ship load of Welsh tax payers cash is thrown at an operator, they're not likely to see services anytime soon.

We just have to accept that a) the UK is essentially London Centric, and b) BHX is too close to London and Manchester; and has too little demand for front end passengers.

ssflyer
12th Sep 2018, 10:35
OP#664
Ryanair
You say there are no other changes for summer 19 but I see GRO is not yet bookable?
SS

Plane.Silly
13th Sep 2018, 06:37
Can anyone shed light on the runway closure last night? Mrs Silly was supposed to pick up a friend coming back from LCA, only to hear they got diverted to MAN

Plane mad 134
13th Sep 2018, 06:58
A Fedex plane had a Hydraulic leak on the runway so that closed it for a while and some flights got diverted.

cheesebag
13th Sep 2018, 09:49
Yep... I was on one of them... Brussles (cityjey) Sukhoi Superjet….. circled for a while then went to MAN. stayed on a remote there for a while, got tugged to a fuel point then finally made it back about half past midnight. Credit to the Captain, kept us in the loop with everything.

sixchannel
15th Sep 2018, 07:58
Met some UK friends at BHX yesterday afternoon from a L O N G SYD - DBX - BHX haul.
EK39 arrived 30 mins early which i thought was great BUT why does it take 90 minutes to get luggage?
Is there a developing problem at the airport?
In 10 mins of the A380 landing, there were also 2 Jet2 arrivals, 2 TUI, and 2 Flybee. Maybe BHX s at max capacity now and can't cope any more.

kfsimpson
15th Sep 2018, 09:15
Met some UK friends at BHX yesterday afternoon from a L O N G SYD - DBX - BHX haul.
EK39 arrived 30 mins early which i thought was great BUT why does it take 90 minutes to get luggage?
In 10 mins of the A380 landing, there were also 2 Jet2 arrivals, 2 TUI, and 2 Flybee. Maybe BHX s at max capacity now and can't cope any more.

90 minutes is extreme - was it 90 to delivery onto the belt or to exiting the building and meeting them? But I have waited over fifty minutes for luggage from an EK arrival at BHX. You do need to allow for the fact that there will be 550 passengers if the flight is 90% full, and with Emirates' generous luggage allowance many of those passengers will have multiple items of baggage. No, I don't think luggage handling at BHX is tip top, and find I usually wait less time at Heathrow, but BHX has few full widebodies arriving, and therefore can't afford to have staff available all day and under-employed for much of the time waiting for the few arrivals which have more bags. I find I usually don't wait too long for bags from TK flights at BHX, so I really think it is just those few pressure points in the day.

OltonPete
15th Sep 2018, 09:40

Depends on who you ask: -

Airport Management - no Problem :eek:
Passengers - big Problem

This is an irritation to a lot of enthusiast using BHX as arrivals seems to be the Cinderella of areas when it comes to investment and it appears it is not restricted to BHX in the UK but there seems to be a consistent approach from many - if you have any money spend it on shops (occasionally stands) to get the money in (also means security to get the pax through quickly) but it does smack of a couldn't care less attitude. The counter argument would be large baggage areas in winter when traffic decreases cost to heat and light but I would call that an occupational hazard and if necessary close area off in winter - used 10 belts instead of 15 (fantasy).

BHX arrivals has been way too small for about 5 years and the next bout of expansion doesn't seem to address this but I could be wrong. Baggage was mentioned in the press release but I got the impression it is baggage sorting area that is expanding. However you can have the smartest, biggest, state of the art arrivals area but without the staff to get the bags from the plane to the belt it is all a waste of time.

I know some would say it is up to the Airport Management to pressurize the handlers to employ the staff but it is not as easy as that as we all know and I am sure Emirates will have something to say if this continues but unsurprisingly you are not the first to mention this during the summer. I arrived at BHX in July on EK37 and incredibly we were the only arrival at that time on a Saturday and the crew bags arrived as we got to the belt and the rest not long after but still between 30 and 45 minutes but acceptable.

Personally I would hang the expense and go for it but there again it is not my money. However cramped arrivals areas are a bad first impression for arriving non-UK passengers (let alone home based ones) but as I said you need to sort the handling issues out first which is a really emotive subject at BHX and I for one will refrain from trashing the baggage handlers as they appear to be constantly under pressure.

By the way BHX will be back in growth next summer with 11 based Jet2 in high summer, 9 TUI all summer and despite the transatlantic gloom the arrivals experience area is only going to get worse.
Pete

SWBKCB
15th Sep 2018, 09:45
You get what you pay for - passengers want low fares, airlines put the squeeze on handlers and airports to reduce costs (and then airports get the blame for shops and drop off charges :rolleyes:)

Hotel Tango
15th Sep 2018, 10:25
You get what you pay for - passengers want low fares

A common statement which irritates me greatly! We don't all ask for and pay rock bottom fares, but we get lumped in with the rest as far as arrivals go!

Dannyboy39
15th Sep 2018, 11:08
"Get what you pay for"

A ridiculous statement because I believe everyone is paying the same for airport services in their airfare, regardless of fare code - on an Emirates A380, the airline will be paying the most no doubt (fee per passenger). It should never take 90 minutes in the UK to get baggage or anywhere in the world for that matter. It shouldn't even take 60 minutes.

ATNotts
15th Sep 2018, 11:11
You get what you pay for - passengers want low fares, airlines put the squeeze on handlers and airports to reduce costs (and then airports get the blame for shops and drop off charges :rolleyes:)

I think you make a good point. Perhaps the only way to resolve the issue is to have two distinct terminals; one for the carriers that pay diddly squat for airport services, and another for full service carriers who, along with the passengers, pay a decent rate. Then ensure the full service passengers get a decent terminal experience by putting more resources into that terminal, and essential provide Lo Co airlines and passengers with a lo co service level.

Wouldn't be popular with people that want something for nothing though.

Hotel Tango
15th Sep 2018, 13:42
That model (of a designated LoCo terminal) does already indeed exist at some airports around the world. The problem with BHX is that the majority of operators are in the Loco genre. Consequently, T1 should become the Loco terminal and T2 the "all others" terminal. Unfortunately, that just won't work because of T2's limited pax capacity and required space for "Heavy" stands.

ATNotts
15th Sep 2018, 17:55
That model (of a designated LoCo terminal) does already indeed exist at some airports around the world. The problem with BHX is that the majority of operators are in the Loco genre. Consequently, T1 should become the Loco terminal and T2 the "all others" terminal. Unfortunately, that just won't work because of T2's limited pax capacity and required space for "Heavy" stands.

I'm not sure today where Jet2 fits into the Lo Co spectrum. They were certainly a product of the Lo Co revolution, but with their 22kg baggage allowance and other frills perhaps they have crossed the line, in the same way that I wouldn't lump TUI in with the Lo Co.

Whatever, the only way I could see a Lo Co terminal working at BHX would have been to build a cheep passenger processing warehouse (terminal) on the Elmdon side, but that space has of course been taken by MAEL et al.

nigel osborne
15th Sep 2018, 20:27
No way Elmdon could be a low cost terminal area

The A45 /Damson Parkway/Elmdon junction is already chaos especially when Land Rover kicks out.

Can you imagine throwing another 4 million passengers plus into that mix !

OltonPete
15th Sep 2018, 22:14

The A45 /Damson Parkway/Elmdon junction is already chaos especially when Land Rover kicks out.

For maximum use of space the idea of a terminal on this site would be fantastic especially with the proximity of 33 departures and 15 roll-out but Nigel is absolutely spot on about the traffic chaos. I fell victim to it at 6.30 in the morning although I still don't know if there were any special circumstances that day but dropping my youngest for the 08.00 Dublin I was stuck in a log-jam before 6.30. Luckily I was able to do a U-turn just after the Moors ground and went through Catherine-de-Barnes and panic over. Okay I had a senior moment and probably should have took the CDB option in the first place but what a mess. I am not sure if that obstacle can be overcome.

Pete

crewmeal
16th Sep 2018, 06:40
Surely it was much easier when we had BA's Eurohub and the main terminal as two seperate terminals. How much would it cost to make the Eurohub a low cost terminal with its one belt whilst maintaining a decent level of service for other carriers in the main terminal?

BHX5DME
16th Sep 2018, 09:08

It would work if pax still arrived and the majority still parked on the new side and a transit link was added.

With regard T2 it would be nice if a single airline used and managed it and I would not rule this out in the future.

sixchannel
16th Sep 2018, 19:24
90 minutes is extreme - was it 90 to delivery onto the belt or to exiting the building and meeting them? But I have waited over fifty minutes for luggage from an EK arrival at BHX. You do need to allow for the fact that there will be 550 passengers if the flight is 90% full, and with Emirates' generous luggage allowance many of those passengers will have multiple items of baggage. No, I don't think luggage handling at BHX is tip top, and find I usually wait less time at Heathrow, but BHX has few full widebodies arriving, and therefore can't afford to have staff available all day and under-employed for much of the time waiting for the few arrivals which have more bags. I find I usually don't wait too long for bags from TK flights at BHX, so I really think it is just those few pressure points in the day.
It was 90 minutes to greeting them in Arrivals.
Incidentally, having had a similar but not as gross experience in May when Jet2 landed early early Monday am along with a couple of other holiday carriers. It took an hour from landing to getting bags, not what you want at stupid o'clock, we have booked out of EMA for our next trip to give it a Go.
the loser - BHX. minus 4 pax on their Stats that everyone holds so dear if nothing else.

OltonPete
16th Sep 2018, 21:08
It was 90 minutes to greeting them in Arrivals.
Incidentally, having had a similar but not as gross experience in May when Jet2 landed early early Monday am along with a couple of other holiday carriers. It took an hour from landing to getting bags, not what you want at stupid o'clock, we have booked out of EMA for our next trip to give it a Go.
the loser - BHX. minus 4 pax on their Stats that everyone holds so dear if nothing else.

I agree the speed that baggage is delivered is a lottery at times depending on the time of day the operator you have used and thus the handling agent. Although that can go for other airports as well and you then have to factor in any extra travelling time but it if you live 50/50 from two rival airports it is not so bad. Today I just dropped my youngest at Liverpool Uni and coming home most of my journey was on 70mph roads and I averaged 35 over 215 minutes with no crashes but roadworks until 2022 - it is pathetic and I would prefer to wait 90 minutes in my local than risk several hours on the road worrying when I will get home. Don't even get me started about trains.

By the way not excusing the delay which is clearly an ongoing problem at BHX which if is being addressed is not working.

Pete

Plane.Silly
17th Sep 2018, 07:20
I'm not sure today where Jet2 fits into the Lo Co spectrum. They were certainly a product of the Lo Co revolution, but with their 22kg baggage allowance and other frills perhaps they have crossed the line, in the same way that I wouldn't lump TUI in with the Lo Co.

Thats being generous isn't it? The whole point of the LoCo's is that you get the basic flight and everything else is optional, which is exactly what the flight element o(and what we know the airlines for) are based on.
I assume you're talking about the Tour Operator arms of Jet2 and TUI, with the inclusive baggage. Both are just a holiday company who use a certain airline and have the full/some of the bag cost already included.

We're not yet into the realms of Easyjet being there with their 'holidays' offering, but if theirs did come with a hold bag included, would they be classed as the same as Jet2/TUI?

Doors to Automatic
17th Sep 2018, 07:30

That is around 1000 passengers if I am not mistaken. Imagine how many meeters and greeters and imagine the extra revenue if they stay parked for an extra hour at £5 per car. That is the reality of air travel that costs less than a train ride to London in the peak. The airport has to make its money elsewhere and therefore has no incentive to process the passengers faster.

OltonPete
18th Sep 2018, 20:33
Wizz closing Poznan base and BHX ends Saturday 5th January 2019

Ryanair summer 2019

Some time changes but too early to pass judgement - two mornings have 5 based but this will probably change.

Modlin is usually BHX based in summer remains Modlin based but Corfu become s BHX based.

One less Las Palmas (Wed) the extra Tuesday Girona is not showing which started mid June and Vilnius is the only destination missing. Extra Monday Krakow as previously mentioned.

Pete

True Blue
18th Sep 2018, 21:24
Flew into Birmingham last Tuesday evening, arriving a few minutes early around 9.00pm. Arriving on Easyjet from Belfast. Had to wait a few minutes for buses, but not long. Almost full aircraft loaded onto 2 buses. Airport quiet.

As a passenger from Belfast, Birmingham has a unique ability to treat you and make you feel like a 10th class citizen. We arrive at T1, but are always bussed to T2. We drive over to T2, where we are then forced to wait about 25 minutes, until an employee from the handling agent arrives to open the doors, walking casually down the stairs and enjoying a joke with other employees who are standing in there, but who didn't seem to have the authority to open the doors. About 150 people lost about 30 minutes each of their lives, that cannot be reclaimed, because a handling agent can't organise themselves to get an employee over to open a door. And they are not in the least concerned. So we arrive at T1, are then bussed to T2. Imagine the waste of this. Is it not beyond the wit of man to make an access route at T1, no it's not, just no desire. Hide behind various rules/laws to avoid having to do anything. Or why not park Easyjet at T2? And this happens on a regular basis.

I spoke to the staff as I passed by, they weren't too bothered, in fact one gave me some cheek back. I was not rude in any way. There were 2/3 I assume dispatchers standing inside with the person who opened the doors. They had been there all that time we were waiting.

Returning home Wednesday evening, took about 30 minutes at least to pass through security. 4 of 14 lanes open. Imagine the difference one more lane open would have made.

I find Birmingham one of the most objectionable airports to use, sadly on occassions I have to use it.

sixchannel
19th Sep 2018, 07:07
Flew into Birmingham last Tuesday evening, arriving a few minutes early around 9.00pm. Arriving on Easyjet from Belfast. Had to wait a few minutes for buses, but not long. Almost full aircraft loaded onto 2 buses. Airport quiet.

As a passenger from Belfast, Birmingham has a unique ability to treat you and make you feel like a 10th class citizen. We arrive at T1, but are always bussed to T2. We drive over to T2, where we are then forced to wait about 25 minutes, until an employee from the handling agent arrives to open the doors, walking casually down the stairs and enjoying a joke with other employees who are standing in there, but who didn't seem to have the authority to open the doors. About 150 people lost about 30 minutes each of their lives, that cannot be reclaimed, because a handling agent can't organise themselves to get an employee over to open a door. And they are not in the least concerned. So we arrive at T1, are then bussed to T2. Imagine the waste of this. Is it not beyond the wit of man to make an access route at T1, no it's not, just no desire. Hide behind various rules/laws to avoid having to do anything. Or why not park Easyjet at T2? And this happens on a regular basis.

I spoke to the staff as I passed by, they weren't too bothered, in fact one gave me some cheek back. I was not rude in any way. There were 2/3 I assume dispatchers standing inside with the person who opened the doors. They had been there all that time we were waiting.

Returning home Wednesday evening, took about 30 minutes at least to pass through security. 4 of 14 lanes open. Imagine the difference one more lane open would have made.

I find Birmingham one of the most objectionable airports to use, sadly on occassions I have to use it.

+4 on that for your final sentence.
We are fortunate to have BHX and EMA in our catchment area and have de-camped to EMA for our next two trips. It can't be any worse. Surely?!

ATNotts
19th Sep 2018, 08:24
+4 on that for your final sentence.
We are fortunate to have BHX and EMA in our catchment area and have de-camped to EMA for our next two trips. It can't be any worse. Surely?!

Best of luck; as with all things it depends when you're travelling, but in the experience of Mrs ATN it's not that much better.

FQTLSteve
23rd Sep 2018, 08:54
Looking for AGP-BHX 01 November on Skyscanner Ryanair 248GBP and Jet2 299GBP The cheapest was SAS via CPH at 166GBP. Does anyone know why it's so expensive? In over 5 years of travelling this route intensively multiple times p.a. never seen fares like this in winter.

inOban
23rd Sep 2018, 09:35
End of the October school holidays?

WilliumMate
23rd Sep 2018, 09:40
If you can bear flying into LTN, Ryanair are offering it for £76.

OltonPete
23rd Sep 2018, 10:05
Looking for AGP-BHX 01 November on Skyscanner Ryanair 248GBP and Jet2 299GBP The cheapest was SAS via CPH at 166GBP. Does anyone know why it's so expensive? In over 5 years of travelling this route intensively multiple times p.a. never seen fares like this in winter.

As previous posters have stated it is bang in the middle of the school holidays and Malaga has gone from feast to famine - now not enough capacity and Jet2 have not added much on this route which suggests yields are not great although Ryanair have gone from 5 to 6 a week this winter and added an extra Monday flight all October. By the way why not buy a return going back to Malaga on 5 November you can reduce it to just over £200 and I sure you won't get a visit from the Jet2 police for not using the return ticket as long as you don't do it the other way round and buy the first part of the journey as the one you are not going to use.

easyjet

Summer 2019 sees Geneva continue at 3 a week and Belfast appears to have one extra rotation a week based on the flights operated in April 2018.

True Blue - Your not the first to mention this and I am not going to say anymore but really do take the time to complain both to the airport and handling agent. I am not starting anything on here but things are not great and if you complain by email back it all with a letter as I have found the former often goes unanswered. In general BHX has improved on the departure aspect although I have not travelled in the evening when the temptation to reduce staff is the greatest. Mornings and afternoons are busy but everyone seems to try their best and 2018 thus far has been much better than 2017 although I will be trying it again in a few weeks and I hope it is as good as it was in July.

Pete

FQTLSteve
23rd Sep 2018, 10:44
Pete, Thanks for your suggestion of a return flight, I never thought of that as I very rarely buy a return on this route. I thought the half term was from 22-26 October, well it is for some of my friends who will be in Malaga for that week because of when it falls. I've also got a friend travelling AGP-NCL single ticket which cost £100. The biggest problem with another airport such as LTN is the need to be in Stratford upon Avon for a meeting and I also need to rely on public transport, which by train is very good at BHX wherever you need to go to. I might take the SAS option it'll be good for my Miles & More card and the timings aren't bad. Thanks for all your help/suggestions appreciated.

FQTLSteve
23rd Sep 2018, 18:30
Well have booked SAS even with checked bags way cheaper than direct and quite good timings for me. Crazy!

Rutan16
23rd Sep 2018, 19:56
Well have booked SAS even with checked bags way cheaper than direct and quite good timings for me. Crazy!

How in any ones name can going 2 hours in the wrong direction and hour at least in Copenhagen then 3 hours back EVER be good timings !

Be honest it’s a mileage run isn’t it .

In that time your could have been in the bar from a host of relatively near UK airports including Gatwick with multiple daily flights AND competition !

i

sixchannel
24th Sep 2018, 09:02
How in any ones name can going 2 hours in the wrong direction and hour at least in Copenhagen then 3 hours back EVER be good timings !

Be honest it’s a mileage run isn’t it .

In that time your could have been in the bar from a host of relatively near UK airports including Gatwick with multiple daily flights AND competition !

i

£130 saving per Pax is an awful lot of money. I ignored Ryanair on principle. If time is not of the essence then why not?
And not everyone wants to prop up the bar in an airport.

RogueOne
24th Sep 2018, 13:36
Does anyone know if the ILS Glidepath for R33 is still out of service? - If so what's going on to fix the problem?

It's astonishing that an airport like Birmingham, with the volume of traffic still can't fix this problem.

sixchannel
24th Sep 2018, 14:48
Does anyone know if the ILS Glidepath for R33 is still out of service? - If so what's going on to fix the problem?

It's astonishing that an airport like Birmingham, with the volume of traffic still can't fix this problem.
Wouldn't that involve spending money?

Hotel Tango
24th Sep 2018, 15:30
RUTAN 16, no it can very much be a price thing and nothing to do with a "mileage run". My wife and I only fly C Class on long hauls. Since we travel for leisure and at our own expense, flying backwards or sideways via some other hub can often save us anything between £1000 to £1500 each, and sometimes even more! Time is money for some, but not all ;)

latedownwind
24th Sep 2018, 15:36
R33 glidepath no longer NOTAMd as U/S- so assume it has returned to service

sixchannel
24th Sep 2018, 16:59
RUTAN 16, no it can very much be a price thing and nothing to do with a "mileage run". My wife and I only fly C Class on long hauls. Since we travel for leisure and at our own expense, flying backwards or sideways via some other hub can often save us anything between £1000 to £1500 each, and sometimes even more! Time is money for some, but not all ;)
Quite so.
We have family is Sydney. Just try comparing famous middle eastern carriers for example with a two or three stopper via an EU hub and then a non-Arabian country. Enough dosh saved to buy a tinny - or two even if its a few hours longer? Not all the big carriers are that user friendly with connecting flights either.

jon01
24th Sep 2018, 18:11
Emirates winter 18/19

The lunchtime EK39/40 flight will be downgraded from an A380 to a B777-300ER from 7th November 2018

It is not known if this is permanent or temporary

oceanhawk
24th Sep 2018, 18:44
The 33 glide path is still u/s.

OltonPete
24th Sep 2018, 19:10
R33 glidepath no longer NOTAMd as U/S- so assume it has returned to service

Very much out of service and it has been explained to me why it is no longer needed to be NOTAM'd but to do with the length of time I believe.. Although the arrivals experience described recently on this thread is an embarrassment I doubt anything can surpass the 33 ILS debacle and although it seems the location and weather has conspired against BHX at the end of the day they are responsible for all landing aids and the length of time it has taken is mind-boggling. Although I have been told by a few that it is seriously complicated but the cynic in me can't help thinking that cost savings (the bund) during the runway extension might have a bit-player in this saga - only a wild guess :confused:

August 2018

Passenger figures 1368525 down 8.55% - I know this is going to sound a bit crazy or just spin but these are not that bad considering the loss of Monarch and the confusing decision of Ryanair to reduce capacity in high summer.

Emirates was about 88% which was down as only the two daily flights but this as it stands this won't be achieved next year based on the November aircraft types. I would like to think maybe they are considering 2 x 77W and 1 x A388 next summer.

Qatar was up 11% but hardly stellar at 201 (79%) and Cardiff wasn't that far behind which as a new service is quite impressive.

Air India was down but on 58 sectors recording 210 per flight 82%

Turkish was up 5% at 137 a flight which is very good.

Increases to Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Zurich although small decreases on Paris, Copenhagen and Amsterdam. Bigger decreases on Berlin, Milan due flybe cuts as well as Rome where Jet2 were only 4 a week to Monarch's daily but what did operate had a 98% load factor.

The craziest increase was on a domestic route with Belfast up 56% at 22889 which is probably one of their highest returns. EDI, GLA and Jersey/Guernsey all up as well.

Pete

ssflyer
24th Sep 2018, 21:29
Emirates winter 18/19

The lunchtime EK39/40 flight will be downgraded from an A380 to a B777-300ER from 7th November 2018

My four flights in late November and December/January are still showing seats booked on an A380 so we will wait and see and monitor it
SS

OltonPete
24th Sep 2018, 21:53
My four flights in late November and December/January are still showing seats booked on an A380 so we will wait and see and monitor it
SS

ssflyer

Just the IT not up to speed with the "verbals" which is understandable. A letter or phone-call to those at the sharp end takes minutes but updating the IT seems to take forever.

The number of seats available in November is still well in excess of the actual passengers figures achieved in November 2016 & 17 alas not the same for December, February and March and lets hope that this is temporary or even better stays as the 77W and add back the morning service next summer.

Todays figures for Dubai in August is around three thousand more than what 1 x 77W and 1 x A388 offers.

Pete

ssflyer
24th Sep 2018, 22:18
ssflyer

Just the IT not up to speed with the "verbals" which is understandable. A letter or phone-call to those at the sharp end takes minutes but updating the IT seems to take forever.

The number of seats available in November is still well in excess of the actual passengers figures achieved in November 2016 & 17 alas not the same for December, February and March and lets hope that this is temporary or even better stays as the 77W and add back the morning service next summer.

Todays figures for Dubai in August is around three thousand more than what 1 x 77W and 1 x A388 offers.

Pete

Your right that IT has not caught up as dummy bookings in November and December are still showing A380 on all flights
SS

FQTLSteve
25th Sep 2018, 08:55
RUTAN16 I can assure you it is not a mileage run. As stated by Hotel Tango prices vary significantly. I was able to take early retirement so I have the time. I also ensure I travel comfortably. Five years ago following retirement I relocated to Spain but also kept a UK presence. So since then the most travelled route for me has been AGP/BHX. Initially the UK base was in Stratford upon Avon but since changed to The Isle of Anglesey, however I still prefer to use BHX because I can travel from there to Bangor with one stop on Virgin Trains First Class service. At BHX there is a Virgin Lounge and good public facilities transfer from the terminals is very easy and comfortable and they also have a lounge in Crewe too. I have used mainly Monarch (many extra leg room seats) but also TUI, Norwegian, Vueling, SAS, Swiss, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines and now Jet2. It's really down to price, attractive travel period, and comfort. I have also used Aer Lingus, since being in Anglesey, via Dublin taking a ferry from Holyhead and v.v. I also travel extensively from AGP elsewhere outside UK and use the same principle there, so last year to OZ was AGP-ZRH-BKK-SYD and return SYD-SIN-ZRH-AGP a combination of Swiss, Thai and Singapore, chosen as good price/comfort not as a mileage run. We all have our preferences.

OltonPete
25th Sep 2018, 18:40
Your right that IT has not caught up as dummy bookings in November and December are still showing A380 on all flights
SS

Same for me on all platforms and there are enthusiasts on other forums travelling in the period and they have not been notified either. Reliable source so it could be just a delay in updating the website or hopefully temporary or even better they have changed their mind.

I am sure there was a rumour of 77W;s a few months back which was generally thought to be Christmas extras or the 3rd service retuning once the DXB runway maintenance finishes.

Pete

RealFish
27th Sep 2018, 09:15
I've just received an e-mail from BA cancelling my Florence booking for next year. As Palma and Malaga are no longer bookable either, it looks as though BA have flown the nest (again).

It's a real shame. On the flights I used this year, the aircraft was almost full (as was 'C'), and August was shewing around 94%. It was also noticeable on my trip that there were quite a few Italian nationals using the service.

FLR is still bookable from City, Stanstead and Manchester.

OltonPete
27th Sep 2018, 20:58
I've just received an e-mail from BA cancelling my Florence booking for next year. As Palma and Malaga are no longer bookable either, it looks as though BA have flown the nest (again).

It's a real shame. On the flights I used this year, the aircraft was almost full (as was 'C'), and August was shewing around 94%. It was also noticeable on my trip that there were quite a few Italian nationals using the service.

FLR is still bookable from City, Stanstead and Manchester.

It does look like bye bye BA again.

In a further kick in the teeth - Thomas Cook have removed Varna and SKG from sale for summer 19 adding to Paphos and Cosimo leaving 7 flights fewer next season with all flying on based aircraft - still 4 based not one away based flight as far as I could see.

easyjet are maintaining their Belfast schedule in high summer other than the third Wednesday flight so some good news. Geneva remains three a week as well - phew!

Pete

inOban
27th Sep 2018, 21:41
It's always possible (I have no inside knowledge) that the BACF flights have been block booked by specialist tour operators or a local travel agent. I notice, on a random date I checked, that the FLR flight from EDI had only 7 seats left, which suggests that much of the capacity had been chartered.

jon01
28th Sep 2018, 17:41
Air India w18/19

Reducing services from 7pw to 6pw from 19 Oct 2018 with the Friday service being suspended

OltonPete
28th Sep 2018, 18:41
Air India w18/19

Reducing services from 7pw to 6pw from 19 Oct 2018 with the Friday service being suspended

Yes Airline route have woken up from their deep sleep and read my post of 9th September - 3 weeks for them is not bad but just about sums up BHX's importance :sad::):(

Emirates by the way on that very same website are reported to have downgraded loads of services in November (Rome 3 -2, PRG 2-1, BCN A388-B77W and loads of Southern hemisphere cuts) but BHX still showing as double daily A388.

Pete

jon01
30th Sep 2018, 09:57
Emirates winter 18/19

Looks like this plan has been scrubbed due to a shortage of Boeing pilots!

Plane mad 134
30th Sep 2018, 10:01
That would make sense because the Edinburgh flights have been put to 5x weekly for the same reason.

davidjohnson6
30th Sep 2018, 11:08
I have seen reports of 2x weekly charter flights between Birmingham and either Arvidsjaur in the far north of Sweden or Kittila in north Finland during the winter. These are aimed primarily at the car/truck industry for winter testing of vehicles (there is a test centre very near Arvidsjaur airport) but the operator is reportedly happy to take money from private individuals as well. I have seen FlyCar definitely will operate from various airports in Germany with a large local car industry but does anyone know about the possibility of flights from Birmingham ?

Avnu
30th Sep 2018, 14:39
I have seen reports of 2x weekly charter flights between Birmingham and either Arvidsjaur in the far north of Sweden or Kittila in north Finland during the winter. These are aimed primarily at the car/truck industry for winter testing of vehicles (there is a test centre very near Arvidsjaur airport) but the operator is reportedly happy to take money from private individuals as well. I have seen FlyCar definitely will operate from various airports in Germany with a large local car industry but does anyone know about the possibility of flights from Birmingham ?

Not sure about Kiittila, but FlyCar has a timetable on its website (http://www.fly-car.de/local/media/flugplan/arvidsjaur/endconsumer_arvidsjaur_18_19_060418_eng.pdf) that does list flights between Birmingham and Arvidsjaur.

GayFriendly
1st Oct 2018, 18:29
According to STN thread, Primera have gone bust today with a statement being issued by the airline to say it has ceased operations with immediate effect. Aircraft have been impounded at STN.

One year on from when ZB went down another goes.

Good luck for all those now sadly out of work. I flew Primera AGP-BHX two days ago (Saturday) and was very impressed by the aircraft and crew who were all genuinely friendly and handled a medical event on board with utmost professionalism. I commiserated with them about the base at BHX closing, not knowing they would be no longer flying as two days later. Sad times, however one cannot help to think that the maverick, un-planned expansion at such speed must have been a contributory factor in its demise.

FQTLSteve
2nd Oct 2018, 09:44
I flew BHX to AGP yesterday afternoon they must have known it explains the captain's final announcement. Very sad great crew and service and clean aircraft etc. Feel sorry for staff. But last year I was a Monarch casualty on that day so escaped the same fate this time.

sixchannel
2nd Oct 2018, 10:27
I flew BHX to AGP yesterday afternoon they must have known it explains the captain's final announcement. Very sad great crew and service and clean aircraft etc. Feel sorry for staff. But last year I was a Monarch casualty on that day so escaped the same fate this time.

Sad indeed. Can you paraphrase Captains announcement?
​​​​​​ I hope your return flight sorted.
We too were Monarch casualties on Oct 2 last year - in FUE at the start of a holiday. Hotel was brilliant about it all and eventual return flight was a Qatar 320 on a BA code, more or less on time. Although Jet2 have done us proud on our flights since then, great service and, so far, relatively new aircraft, we still miss that "we're all in this together" atmosphere of the Monarch crews.

simoncorbett
2nd Oct 2018, 11:13
My better half flew out Friday & back Sunday to Malaga, she knows little about aviation but said very nice flight with good crew, nice clean aircraft & on time both ways. Also said 3/4 or more full on both flights
We had booked to grand canaries for February that got cancelled...... but we did get full refund within 14 days.
All in all a bit of a shame it didn’t work out for Primera, but I have to say the last month or so they were making some strange business ideas/plans.
BHX has now lost even more of the popular Mediterranean flights & after the BA announcement of them pulling flights from Brum it’s not been a good week or so, on the plus side I suppose at least there will be some more suitable 737 that Jet2 May want !

fanrailuk
2nd Oct 2018, 21:33
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/280776/ba-cityflyer-removes-birmingham-bristol-schedule-in-s19/

BACF to cease their routes from BHX at the end of S18

OltonPete
2nd Oct 2018, 22:12
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/280776/ba-cityflyer-removes-birmingham-bristol-schedule-in-s19/

BACF to cease their routes from BHX at the end of S18

BACF - Reported on the 27th September on this thread and just routesonline once again just catching up what has been known for over a week.

Ryanair

Two of the BACF routes cancelled see increases next summer from Ryanair - Palma from 7 a week to 9, Malaga from 9 a week to 11 and Alicante from 10 a week to 11 although they were not all bookable earlier. These frequencies are similar to the high season 2018 ones but now start in early April or late March. Still 5 based departures Tuesday and Saturday but still expecting a revision to stay 4 based but you never know.

Pete

sixchannel
3rd Oct 2018, 07:34
BACF

Ryanair

Two of the BACF routes cancelled see increases next summer from Ryanair - Palma from 7 a week to 9, Malaga from 9 a week to 11 and Alicante from 10 a week to 11

Pete

One man's loss is another man's opportunity.

FQTLSteve
3rd Oct 2018, 07:37
Six channel thanks for your concern only booked a single flight. I have am apartment pon the Costa del Sol so live there and in UK. The captain did the usual except he didn't looking forward to us travelling with Primera Air again and looking back now the staff were really professional however with hindsight I now realise they were somewhat unhappy. I've only flown twice with them but would have happily continued to use them. I hope they all find new jobs soon

sixchannel
3rd Oct 2018, 08:00
Six channel thanks for your concern only booked a single flight. I have am apartment pon the Costa del Sol so live there and in UK. The captain did the usual except he didn't looking forward to us travelling with Primera Air again and looking back now the staff were really professional however with hindsight I now realise they were somewhat unhappy. I've only flown twice with them but would have happily continued to use them. I hope they all find new jobs soon
Us too. A mini-Monarch situation for both cabin and flight crew and, as always with these things, at the wrong end of the 'season'. Maybe they can get on the Jet2 hiring Interviews?
We wish them well.

OltonPete
3rd Oct 2018, 19:28
Winter 2018/9 sun routes release and some healthy increases.Tenerife - Virtually a minimum of 9 a week often 10 and occasionally more at Christmas (8 this winter)

Arrecife - Starts at 6 at week in then 5 in December to mid Feb before going daily from half-term until the end of April (5 this November)

Las Palmas - Starts at 4 a week in November then 3 by mid month and remains 3 until it goes back to 4 mid-February (3 this November)

Fuerteventura - 3 all winter (up from 2 this coming winter)

Alicante - November up to 11 then down to 7, December 7 (not daily!) 5 in January, Feb starts at 5 and ends with 7 a week, 8 a week in March and around 9 April

Palma - Starts in November at 5 week before reducing to 2 until early January when in breaks until back to 2 weekly in February, then 3 a week in March and at least daily April (stops mid November)

Malaga - Nov up to 7 and ends at 5 until mid Feb then 6 and 7 March at least daily in April (5/6 in November 2018)

Faro - Operates all winter, November starts at 5 a week but ends at 2 a week (stops mid November 2018), Then 2 until February but ends the month with 5 a week, March 6 and April at least daily (stops Mid November in 2018)

FNC - 2 no change

Malta - November weekly until mid month and then from February

Paphos- Starts at 5 a week in November then reduces to 2 until February then 3 March and 4 April (once weekly by the end of November 2018 - February)

Larnaca - November then April (no change)Antalya - Starts at 5 a week in November reducing to 2, stays at 2 in Dec, 1 a week in January then 2 in February, 3 in March and April

Pete

sixchannel
4th Oct 2018, 12:33
Winter 2018/9 sun routes release and some healthy increases.Tenerife - Virtually a minimum of 9 a week often 10 and occasionally more at Christmas (8 this winter)

Arrecife - Starts at 6 at week in then 5 in December to mid Feb before going daily from half-term until the end of April (5 this November)

Las Palmas - Starts at 4 a week in November then 3 by mid month and remains 3 until it goes back to 4 mid-February (3 this November)

Alicante - November up to 11 then down to 7, December 7 (not daily!) 5 in January, Feb starts at 5 and ends with 7 a week, 8 a week in March and around 9 April

Palma - Starts in November at 5 week before reducing to 2 until early January when in breaks until back to 2 weekly in February, then 3 a week in March and at least daily April (stops mid November)

Malaga - Nov up to 7 and ends at 5 until mid Feb then 6 and 7 March at least daily in April (5/6 in November 2018)

Faro - Operates all winter, November starts at 5 a week but ends at 2 a week (stops mid November 2018), Then 2 until February but ends the month with 5 a week, March 6 and April at least daily (stops Mid November in 2018)

FNC - 2 no change

Paphos- Starts at 5 a week in November then reduces to 2 until February then 3 March and 4 April (once weekly by the end of November 2018 - February)

Larnaca - November then April (no change)Antalya - Starts at 5 a week in November reducing to 2, stays at 2 in Dec, 1 a week in January then 2 in February, 3 in March and April

Pete
Brilliant stuff, OltonPete.
Love the Saturday FUE Winter addition. All the FUE Winter timings are at sensible o'clock unlike the current Summer ones which are all second aircraft rotations on the back of LS1203 /4 thus LS1229 arrives at FUE mid/late evening and worse, LS1230 is a red-eye return, arriving back at BHX when the ground handling are past caring, not that they do anyway.
Be nice to see LS1229/30 and 1203/4 swap rotations.

LBAflyer22
4th Oct 2018, 17:30
Brilliant stuff, OltonPete.
Love the Saturday FUE Winter addition. All the FUE Winter timings are at sensible o'clock unlike the current Summer ones which are all second aircraft rotations on the back of LS1203 /4 thus LS1229 arrives at FUE mid/late evening and worse, LS1230 is a red-eye return, arriving back at BHX when the ground handling are past caring, not that they do anyway.
Be nice to see LS1229/30 and 1203/4 swap rotations.

Jet2 is self handling at BHX. I think they care about the handling of that flight as they only deal with Jet2.com flights and at some times of the night it is the only flight to be handled. Self handling gives J2 greater control.

StoneyBridge Radar
4th Oct 2018, 19:58
MAEC - Monarch Engineering - winding up order threat from Inland Revenue...

https://news.sky.com/story/monarch-engineers-scramble-for-rescue-amid-winding-up-threat-11517427

OltonPete
10th Oct 2018, 18:17

FNC - 2 no change

Pete

New route for Jet2 @ BHX - Budapest Monday and Friday from 8 November 2019. Compliments Wizz assuming they remain on the route (Tuesday/Saturday or Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday)

Rome only stays 4 a week until mid November before going Monday and Friday

Venice extends until the end of November 2019 and restarts Feb 2020

Naples and Pisa are seasonal once again with Prague and Krakow remaining 2 weekly throughout winter

Pete

southside bobby
13th Oct 2018, 17:55
Cello Aviation ceased trading as of 12.10.18...

insuindi
14th Oct 2018, 12:37
An additional weekday frequency has appeared - up to four daily (op by LGW i.e. Dash8 for the additional noon flight). Sorry if reported previously

Hotel Tango
14th Oct 2018, 14:52
Yes, it was mentioned some weeks ago because I remember questioning the viability of it since they struggle (most of the time) to fill aircraft with 3 rotations a day. Unless they intend to make all rotations with the Dash 8, thus spreading things out a little.

OltonPete
20th Oct 2018, 22:19
BACF - Reported on the 27th September on this thread and just routesonline once again just catching up what has been known for over a week.

Ryanair

Two of the BACF routes cancelled see increases next summer from Ryanair - Palma from 7 a week to 9, Malaga from 9 a week to 11 and Alicante from 10 a week to 11 although they were not all bookable earlier. These frequencies are similar to the high season 2018 ones but now start in early April or late March. Still 5 based departures Tuesday and Saturday but still expecting a revision to stay 4 based but you never know.

Canada/USA

Looking grim for 2019 - not even a hint of a rumour

Pete

Head-scratching trying to see where Ryanair are going with the 2019 summer schedule as Faro has now been increased from daily to 9 weekly with an away based second service on Saturday and a Thursday based second flight This makes the April - July schedule 7 extra flights although two could be lost on Vilnius although I suspect it is either not released or under review. The only other reduction is the Tuesday Girona which started mid June this year.

Jet2 winter 2019/20 ski

Now released with no change, Geneva both weekend days then the Thursday flight starts in February, Turin both weekend days as is Grenoble and Salzburg on a Saturday. Verona appears in the ski section of their website but I assume that is water-skiing on Garda as it operates May to October :confused:

Vueling summer 2019

Still showing an increase next summer to daily and this winter still double capacity most weeks with 4 a week (the odd Monday flight not showing)

Air Arabia Maroc

Starts Tuesday week but some worrying fares in December

Brussels Airlines

The surprise restoration of the A319 on the route this month might not last as the SU95 still showing in November but that won't last as they are being removed for summer 2019 in favour of the Cityjet CRJ9 but BHX still showing as the SU95 in GDS next summer but I expect this to change shortly to the CRJ or A319.

Pete

jon01
26th Oct 2018, 18:25
ACL Winter 2018/19 Report - BHX (https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/BHX-W18-SOS.pdf)

The winter season report shows an increase in seats of 329,502 over the previous winter (I have removed the Primera seats)

It confirms the new services by Corendon Europe to Marrakesh from Feb (1,500 seats) and Air Arabia to Agadir (15,000 seats)

Notable increase in seats by:
Eurowings
Jet2.Com
Ryanair
Thomas Cook
TUI Airways

Notable decreases in seats by:
Blue Air
Brussels Airlines
easyJet

It looks like they have made an error with the Air India slots, which is 6pw, not 3pw as shown

Total movements up by a total of just over 1000 for the season

Not a bad prospect after all the doom and gloom recently

jon01
27th Oct 2018, 13:40
Turkish Airlines have upgraded the afternoon flight on 18th December to an A330-200

>Later upgraded to an A330-300

ssflyer
27th Oct 2018, 16:22
Turkish Airlines have upgraded the afternoon flight on 18th December to an A330-200

The start of the pre Christmas break
SSF