PDA

View Full Version : Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

tripelapidgeon
2nd Mar 2018, 06:57
Elequont DH 8 Driver.

Also the management speak lies and drivel espoused by the righteous King Too Far, Simple Simon and particularly the Blue Lagoon have never been believed by the majority. So what's changed?

olderairhead
2nd Mar 2018, 08:51
The 3 resignations I referred to above have now been confirmed.

olderairhead
4th Mar 2018, 01:14
Following on from post 1011

https://jumpshare.com/v/9pGWEqiywuicg2LmJDkz

and then

https://m.facebook.com/groups/891607714270940/permalink/1535923269839378/

olderairhead
5th Mar 2018, 10:08
It just gets worse for PNG and surely Poxie

Depressing start to 2018 ? K7 billion less than promised | PNG Economics (http://pngeconomics.org/2017/12/sombre-2018-k7-billion-less/)

tripelapidgeon
5th Mar 2018, 12:56
Don't be foolhardy and hang in there boys - high risk nothing to be gained!!!!

Evacuate Evacuate Evacuate!!!!!!!

🕙🕙🕙 The clock to a possible collapse is ticking faster and faster.

olderairhead
5th Mar 2018, 23:06
And worse!

Production of LNG will cease for 2 months due to damage caused by the recent earth quake. Impact upon the Kina will impact upon pilot's salaries.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2018/03/05/482323.htm

olderairhead
9th Mar 2018, 22:35
This one is doing the rounds

https://storage.jumpshare.com/preview/OgWX8Q06DpcTer_J2PtW3nw5Wn3TkOhKaUB8PBHBR3fQQ7-mqrf6zfmWAatSq_TmP87von0284fRZ930WvAw11NlSmh0egFbdyHzE6LvoMA I4av1wcwKsmUDuTGzHRrg

tripelapidgeon
10th Mar 2018, 02:16
Below from the PX FB page, equally as funny! any publicity is good publicity someone once said...

PX management treats its customers the same way as it treats it employees - with utter contempt.

Where has the money gone apart from propping up government coffers and disappearing in a malaise of corrupt aircraft leases, maintenance contracts and various other purchases.

The majority of PX management are interested in themselves , their slash and burn KPI bonuses and being the bigman. Despite dubious ability and a total lack of business acumen. The balance are washed up expats way beyond retirement ,are useless or stuck on the same gravy train themselves. But more importantly if they do know better they say nothing for fear of being persecuted and losing their jobs. Which they 100% need because they can't get jobs anywhere else and are financially up the creek.

I really feel sorry for the frontline staff who are passionate about the airline , have to deal daily with irrate customers and really try to do their best to keep the wheels turning and forever covering up for managements BS press releases. Where the pilot shortage has been caused by the actions of management resulting in over 50% of the experienced pilot force leaving in the last 3 years.

olderairhead
12th Mar 2018, 00:16
The crewing shortage is starting to hurt and as reported earlier a new schedule , 125C, has been released.

Poxie issued the following press release. The bold emphasis is mine.

Air Niugini has changed its current flight schedule to improve reliability and ensure convenience for the travelling public.

Effective Sunday 11th March, the multi sector flights on the domestic network will be temporarily suspended and replaced with the introduction of additional direct services.

Chief Executive Officer, Mr Simon Foo said with the traditionally low season and crew limitations, the airline believes the change would help improve schedule reliability.

“As we enter into a traditionally low period and continue to take steps to address crewing issue, we are confident the change in the flight schedule will ensure reliability and consistency with the remaining flights.”

The multi sector flights between Port Moresby/Lae/Hoskins/Rabaul, POM/Madang/Wewak, POM/Lae/Manus/Lae/POM, POM/Madang/Manus/Madang/POM and POM/Kavieng/Manus/Kavieng will be temporarily suspended.

However, Air Niugini has introduced additional direct services to cater for the change in the multi sector flights. There will be additional direct services between Port Moresby and Lae to bring to a total four daily flights. The frequencies of flights to Vanimo via Wewak will be increased to four whilst Vanimo via Madang will be temporarily suspended. Hoskins direct services will be increased to two except for Monday and Friday while schedule for remaining ports is largely unchanged.

On the international sector, the Cairns morning flights on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will be upgraded to Boeing 737 aircraft instead of Fokker 70/100 while the overnight services on Monday and Thursday are suspended except for Easter, Thursday March 29th and Monday April 02nd.

Corporate Communications Department

Tuesday 06th March, 2018

olderairhead
12th Mar 2018, 20:59
Latest ad from Poxie for F100 DEC's is for a salary of $148,894 with 4 weeks annual leave. No mention of a tax rate of 48% and no super. Must be no older than 65 at the time of application.

But hang on they just employed a DEC at age 73ish.

Make the rules up as you go especially when you can't employ anyone.

olderairhead
13th Mar 2018, 11:17
And the top rumour to be delivered from paradise last week is that the saviour from the desert sands will not be returning.

Number one requirement was no guvment interference. Could not be delivered so Sianara.

Oh dear.....

Pinky the pilot
14th Mar 2018, 09:10
Sianara.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

faheel
14th Mar 2018, 19:46
sayonara. (informal, often humorous, especially used when referring to Japan) goodbye, adieu Synonyms: adieu, adios, aloha, arrivederci, auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, bye, bye-bye, cheerio, cheers, ciao, farewell, goodbye, good day, shalom, so long, tot ziens.
‎English · ‎Interjection:)

olderairhead
14th Mar 2018, 20:56
Oh dear.......... For the language perfectionists........ Goodbye, no thanks, cheers, hooroo.... Whatever.

Personally I think the issues they are facing up there are so more important than a word.

Moving on, whisper is they are now looking at someone who used to be associated with the former CEO.

tripelapidgeon
15th Mar 2018, 01:24
Oh dear.......... For the language perfectionists........ Goodbye, no thanks, cheers, hooroo.... Whatever.

Personally I think the issues they are facing up there are so more important than a word.

Moving on, whisper is they are now looking at someone who used to be associated with the former CEO.

If it is his former understudy that certainly would be very ironic. Would make for some interesting political maneuvering.

faheel
15th Mar 2018, 01:57
olderairhead, No need to get defensive mate, try not to write words phonetically, that's what my grand kids do at 5 and 7 , I assume you are a wee bit older then that eh ?;)

faheel
15th Mar 2018, 03:54
I am not a grammar nazi, but when someone ie Pinky does not understand what the word is then spell and write it correctly and there would be no discussion now would there ?:ugh:

Loud Handle
15th Mar 2018, 06:36
I am not a grammar nazi, but when someone ie Pinky does not understand what the word is then spell and write it correctly and there would be no discussion now would there ?:ugh:

I think you are being a little bit disingenuous there Faheel. I think that we all know Pinky understood the intended meaning of the word in question and was perhaps being a little bit disingenuous himself.

Like TBL says......now let’s get this **** show back on the road. Latest I’m hearing is that the chaps’ fortnightly stipends, I mean salaries were delayed again. Not a good sign.

DHC8 Driver
15th Mar 2018, 06:43
I think we are losing the plot here lads - come on - back to the big top at the circus!!!!

olderairhead
15th Mar 2018, 07:04
I agree total thread drift so to get it back on track.... again:

Just waiting on confirmation that a 737 Capt has pulled the pin.

faheel
15th Mar 2018, 07:49
I know of a couple of F100 skippers that pulled the pin because management...and I use that term very loosely told them they could not have tours....but when they boys called their bluff management quickly backpedaled and gave them the tour option.:)

tripelapidgeon
15th Mar 2018, 07:53
I agree total thread drift so to get it back on track.... again:

Just waiting on confirmation that a 737 Capt has pulled the pin.
Just at a time when they have started to operate the 737 to Cairns due to a sudden increase in demand due to the booming PNG economy. MMMmmmm perhaps because no drivers for F100/70 also heard that there are concerns about the quality of maintenance on the Fokker fleet both from a customer aesthetic viewpoint and also concerns about the low maintenance standard and the risks when the aircraft are audited by CASA Australia.

NCD
15th Mar 2018, 13:11
Makes for a bit of a problem then, 73 reported to be short by about 3 drivers, fokker so desperately short they can't supply crew for its schedule let alone giving up one for type conversion, horrible b scale 737 salary of 422,881 PNG Peso (after PNG Tax etc equal to to about 126 K in AUS depending on the conversion rate this week) so not likely to attract rated and experienced to an airline whose management treats its pilots with almost total disdain.

Spose could use the Dash 8, hang on, thats right, they as well are high on duty due to picking up the uncrewed Fokker Flying..... could be a good time for PNG Air to get some more ATR's, maybe Pixie could enter into an ACMI contract with them for some coverage.

Greatest HR Manager was read about in the Post Courier, make pilots leave due to T&C's and now the aircraft spend more time on ground than in air... gotta admit does end up cutting costs on things like salaries, fuel and nav charges and maintenance, so some mangers will be making KPI bonuses. All about the accounting and them KPI's. Pity the poor manager who is responsible for revenue, not much bonus for him anymore....maybe???

geeup
15th Mar 2018, 21:23
And yet they have no problems attracting pilots.
ANG has a Fokker "hold file" full of expats some even accepting POM based full-time (true story).
There will be Fokker Ground Schools every month for 2018.

olderairhead
15th Mar 2018, 21:56
737 Captain resignation now confirmed.

NCD
15th Mar 2018, 22:42
Dunno why anyone would want to flog their guts out as a Captain flying Pixies Fokkers for the princely sum of 372,237 Png Peso's. The horrendous tax you pay to the PNG tax man makes that a mind blowing $1,750 Aussie shekels week. No super with that either, just the insulting salary. And a 1.7% salary increase to salary on your anniversary date...whoopty f....doo, ....after tax less than 1%, just enough to buy one SP at Jacksons Bar to drown your sorrows each night for taking the plunge

As for the IAC advertised 18 days per roster with 10 calendar days off per 28 days, might be true but you wont get the 10 off in a row...at least 2 will be in POM to fit in the Flt and Duty times and travel will eat into the rest.

And signing before the appeals court ruling on the contract is given out is crazy....see yourself agreeing to a horrible B scale contract and get locked out of any chance of a return to something sensible.

"There will be Fokker Ground Schools every month for 2018." pffft ..they need numbers like that just to replenish, and who says they will have someone there on the day.

If this mob want to get the airline back on track they need to at least fix the terms & conditions, but seeing the country is in the financial toilet that wont happen any time soon. Any spare money???? (and then some) will have to be in the training bucket just to recover some of 125 pilots that have left since 2015.

krismiler
16th Mar 2018, 00:06
No pilot with a airline job will leave it for a gig like this, if you are in between jobs with experience then there are a lot better opportunities available. Even Emirates have slashed their minimums and will consider turboprop pilots.

Selling out the country to China is one of the few options on the table. Rights to extract resources could be given in exchange for infrastructure development and an aid package. Money starts flowing again with a discreet donation into some private bank accounts and everyone is happy.

olderairhead
18th Mar 2018, 21:37
One more has quit, a 73 Captain.

Mangi Fokker
18th Mar 2018, 22:05
An additional 73 Captain ? Or the same one you listed on March 16th?

olderairhead
18th Mar 2018, 22:08
Another one.

Also reports are the saviour from the sandpit is having discussions with Kumul Holdings, the holding company for Guvment enterprises.

balusnomore
19th Mar 2018, 01:45
ANG has a Fokker "hold file" full of expats some even accepting POM based full-time (true story)

Might have, but gonna take a long time to replace all the years and years of experience that has left Air Nogat due to the resignation of 127 pilots over 27 months (more than 1 each week since Jan 2015- yes siree, there is a better life out there guys).

As for those accepting POM bases!!!!....even the National pilots are finding ways to locate themselves in Brisbane, Cairns, Nadi and other places, just to get out of POM.

TANFU tru.

tripelapidgeon
23rd Mar 2018, 00:57
What ever happened to the Judgement to the legality of the the imposed 2015 contract?

The legal year has been underway for quite some time.

Mangi Fokker
23rd Mar 2018, 07:42
So no ones hearing rumours of a recent management change? That seemed to occur very quietly.

olderairhead
24th Mar 2018, 10:35
And which level of management do you refer, fleet, CEO, HR, payroll, carpool?

troppo
24th Mar 2018, 11:58
Just to clarify, out of the 137 (?) resignations are they all long termers or do they include replacements over the last few years? It does make a difference to loss of experienced png drivers as opposed to those who have gone for some 'quick' experience. Just asking...

Mangi Fokker
24th Mar 2018, 21:55
Regarding the CEO.

olderairhead
24th Mar 2018, 23:15
Total of 127.

125 were employed before the enforced contract, only 2 employed after have resigned.

1 from 1977
7 between 1994 and 1999
13 between 2000 and 2005
28 between 2006 and 2010
76 between 2011 and 2015

As for the CEO, yes but I have been asked not to post anything just yet. :oh:

For the others, no but live in hope. :E

geeup
25th Mar 2018, 06:54
With regards to CEO I’m calling “fake news”

Mangi Fokker
25th Mar 2018, 07:25
Another Fokker FO has resigned.

olderairhead
25th Mar 2018, 10:36
With regards to CEO I’m calling “fake news”

Obviously you have not seen the email. Interim, Goroka and April are the important details.

Like I said I cannot provide further details at this stage except there will be change.

When given the green light I will post.

Definitely not fake news only fact.

NCD
25th Mar 2018, 22:29
So (according to Olderairheads figures) Air Niugini has managed to lose around a 1,000 years of Air Niugini experience and 126 pilots in just 3 years, yet is madly trying to recruit just so it can manage to keep its very reduced schedule working.

What am I missing here?

mauswara
26th Mar 2018, 04:16
NCD ,you've summed it up nicely,you're not missing anything. It's either Piss Poor manpower(& womanpower) management,OR maybe Foo & Toofar's "Fast Tracked" Nationalization Scheme,just went way TOO Fast!!

outta track
26th Mar 2018, 09:54
And in the meantime the pilot shortage continues to cost PX thousands.

Yesterdays once a week service to Pohnpei (B737) was cancelled, so Air Niugini have had to accommodate the PNI-POM passengers for 7 nights that held tickets.

:ugh:

balusnomore
26th Mar 2018, 12:14
"Yesterdays once a week service to Pohnpei (B737) was cancelled, so Air Niugini have had to accommodate the PNI-POM passengers for 7 nights that held tickets."

Wonder how those cancellations fit in with aim to be "The Dubai of the Pacific" ..connections to everywhere.

Hahahaha, wasn't ever going to happen back when, and from what I hear, anint never going to happen anytime soon, esp with this same mob still manageing the show.

Thinking United prob don't have to worry to much on the FSM routes then, might take a bit longer from Aus, but at least they have back up aircraft to get you there if one breaks down..esp important if you only have a week of to do the dive trip of your life.

Duck Pilot
27th Mar 2018, 09:34
Plenty of Fokkers parked up at the healing shed this arvo. The XB Falcon must still have crew!!! Where is the 350 these days, have Waigani sold it?

tripelapidgeon
27th Mar 2018, 10:16
Plenty of Fokkers parked up at the healing shed this arvo. The XB Falcon must still have crew!!! Where is the 350 these days, have Waigani sold it?

Ah yes the healing shed . Plenty of Bic engineering done down there. Ground tested serviceable report further . Hahahaha

gulliBell
27th Mar 2018, 13:02
Ah yes the healing shed..

In the PNG helicopter world we have the miracle room. Similar purpose.

Duck Pilot
27th Mar 2018, 13:20
The only miracle room in PNG is a bar where a Kiwi buys an Aussie a beer!

troppo
27th Mar 2018, 13:45
The only miracle room in PNG is a bar where a Kiwi buys an Aussie a beer!

After the weekend it won't just be the Kiwis that won't be buying you lot a beer :p

gulliBell
28th Mar 2018, 01:47
Probably not many Aussie's around at the moment who admit to being Aussie's, in light of the national embarrassment due to recent events in South Africa.

Mangi Fokker
28th Mar 2018, 23:24
Rumours swirling thick and fast at the moment. Not prepared to be the first to post in case I'm labelled as a wishful thinker. One thing is certain, change is in the wind.
Might be time to pay the piper.

Loud Handle
29th Mar 2018, 00:51
Mangi, I’m hearing the same things.....completely understand your statement regarding wishful thinking. Please God(s) let it be true!!!!!!

olderairhead
29th Mar 2018, 02:27
Are we referring to Simon Says and TooFar being replaced by Durani and Mileng?

Mangi Fokker
29th Mar 2018, 05:20
Something along those lines. Did not hear CM mentioned.

geeup
29th Mar 2018, 06:05
Amazing.
I haven’t heard any of these rumour except on pprune.
Must be swinging in different circles or I’m on the wrong medication!
April is only a day away so guess we will know very soon.

Kiwiconehead
29th Mar 2018, 06:37
Are we referring to Simon Says and TooFar being replaced by Durani and Mileng?

Durani? That sack of crap? Mr 10%?

Slimeball, I am surprised he still there.

olderairhead
29th Mar 2018, 07:42
If you read this it confirms that Foo has "retired" and Durrani is now the interim CEO.

This confirms my earlier post.

https://www.thenational.com.pg/foo-retires-airline-chief-40-years/

The only one to go is the reference to April but more on that later.

I was also sent the following which is in reference to the new CEO:

Durrani is widely known as King Julien

WIKIPEDIA .......King Julien considers himself to be king over all animals he encounters, but is oblivious to their dislike of him. He is very lazy, childish, immature, dim-witted, and spoiled to the point where he will not offer assistance to ensure his own safety. He is also very proud of his bottom, which he refers to as "The Royal Booty".

olderairhead
29th Mar 2018, 07:45
Amazing.
I haven’t heard any of these rumour except on pprune.
Must be swinging in different circles or I’m on the wrong medication!
April is only a day away so guess we will know very soon.

Guess you are. :8

Kiwiconehead
29th Mar 2018, 09:12

WIKIPEDIA .......King Julien considers himself to be king over all animals he encounters, but is oblivious to their dislike of him. He is very lazy, childish, immature, dim-witted, and spoiled to the point where he will not offer assistance to ensure his own safety. He is also very proud of his bottom, which he refers to as "The Royal Booty".

Certainly is, there is a lovely cartoon from "The Adventures of Wallet" depicting my departure from PX which includes him.

I also remember having to explain to him that "annual" did in fact mean "every year" whilst trying to get my yearly increment approved.

Mangi Fokker
29th Mar 2018, 09:32
The Donne, yes, that's one of the rumours I heard. Not seen anything to confirm it.
Kiwiconehead, is that; "Adventures of the Wallet" by Martin B. ?

geeup
29th Mar 2018, 09:32
Well I stand corrected.
I have been know to swim in a swallow end of the pool.

olderairhead
29th Mar 2018, 09:36
If the saviour accepts and removes the interim it will be June when he takes over. Decision has to be made by the end of April. If he declines who knows?

I do know he reads these posts and hopefully he will be the saviour but 787 fleet manager is a pretty good dangling carrot.

Just imagine King Julien and the world's best HR manager in charge!

As for Toofar I am waiting on confirmation. Not sure if the replacement is any better.

Racism is rampant in Poxie.

NCD
29th Mar 2018, 09:39
Hahahaha!!!!!!!

Penguins of Madagaska, yes I remember King Julien!!!! Hahaha.

PX lost a lot of excellent engineers during Durani's "reign". Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that style crossed over to the the Pilot contract negotiations.

Maybe a Steven Bradbury type win? No win for the Pilots, thats for sure.

olderairhead
29th Mar 2018, 09:42
Well I stand corrected.
I have been know to swim in a swallow end of the pool.

You swallow? :}

Mangi Fokker
29th Mar 2018, 13:19
Think another Fokker Capt might have slipped away, while we were all concentrating on the "retirement" news.

Kiwiconehead
29th Mar 2018, 18:41
Kiwiconehead, is that; "Adventures of the Wallet" by Martin B. ?

It sure is, I had some fun times with Martin at the Temple of Doom

PX lost a lot of excellent engineers during Durani's "reign". Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that style crossed over to the the Pilot contract negotiations.

He was certainly one of the reasons I left, and the feeling that i was about to be screwed on my next contract.

That and the first question after being rolled in the PX Hangar carpark by some rascally raskols was "was it a real gun?"

olderairhead
29th Mar 2018, 22:58
I'm the one who led the forced introduction of the 2015 contract and contributed to 131 pilot's no longer working for poxie so please pop in and have a chat when you get to Kokopo..................that's if there are any crew left to crew the flight. :yuk:

https://storage.jumpshare.com/preview/TBxynPLxooqmQEb3fMtLBV2uKzo1I0uDKUxUuF1APlnHO67yZuPz1O2XBaXv o8ncX2rDNLzLQllf6kQmuGSie1NlSmh0egFbdyHzE6LvoMAI4av1wcwKsmUD uTGzHRrg

tripelapidgeon
30th Mar 2018, 00:52
Knowing the rumoured replacements.The said acting CEO was a confidant and advisor to Simple Simon. The new EMFO close to the deposed King Too Far. More of the same ?? The big problem is that the replacements have a little more intelligence!
So more of the same just further up the proverbial.

olderairhead
30th Mar 2018, 05:13
Think another Fokker Capt might have slipped away, while we were all concentrating on the "retirement" news.

Said pilot requested not to post it due payroll issues but the cat is out of the bag now so yes you are correct.

He resigned this morning.

Plus an FO who was sacked while on sick leave C/- TooFar

olderairhead
30th Mar 2018, 12:00
With regards to the Court decision I received an update tonight.

So far this year the full bench has not convened so therefore no decision.

It is hoped they will sit sometime in April.

As said before the wheels turn slowly in PNG.

Mangi Fokker
31st Mar 2018, 01:48
Rumours today of changes/impovements to management's restrictive pilot's terms & conditions policy and possible remployment of previously "not to be re-employed" pilots.

Just Rumours, nothing tangible, yet.

splat72
2nd Apr 2018, 07:37
The removal of Foo and Taufa does not indicate a turn of the tide at PX, rather its just the wolves turning on each other just before the sh!t really hits the fan.
For those who are still there, Don’t hold your breath for an 11th hour rescue, continue looking to move on. Life will just keep getting better everyday you are away from the Rot.

tripelapidgeon
2nd Apr 2018, 15:13
The removal of Foo and Taufa does not indicate a turn of the tide at PX, rather its just the wolves turning on each other just before the sh!t really hits the fan.
For those who are still there, Don’t hold your breath for an 11th hour rescue, continue looking to move on. Life will just keep getting better everyday you are away from the Rot.
You speak with straight tongue splat 72

gulliBell
3rd Apr 2018, 12:00
I just saw this:

https://www.pprune.org/10105605-post1.html

I almost snorted my post-dinner coffee when I saw where PX was on the list.

fortybelow
3rd Apr 2018, 16:44
So who were the 5.1% who were engaged then? I can think of maybe 2 (people, not percent...)

Then again, 2 people nearly is 5% these days!

olderairhead
5th Apr 2018, 02:35
News article in the Post Courier regarding accusations that the new apartment complex does not meet safety standards - surprise, surprise. :=

Link (https://postcourier.com.pg/air-niugini-maintains-complex-fire-proof/)

Less than 24 hours after its official opening, questions have already been raised about the safety of the new Air Niugini residential complex at 7-Mile, Moresby North-East.

Building contractor, Matrix Constructions PNG has come forward, alleging that Air Nuigini has breached a number of fire safety regulations, which due to their severity, now render the new building a fire hazard.

But Air Niugini when contacted maintained that the new residential complex is up-to-date with the code after a joint inspection of the building by the NCD Building Authority and PNG Fire service last Thursday.

Documentation provided by Matrix Constructions PNG show that a routine inspection of the building by the PNG Fire Service on May 25 last year, concluded that the eight-level apartment complex did not satisfy requirements under the PNG Fire Code PNGS 1629, for the provision and installation of portable fire extinguishers and fire blankets, in all residential unit kitchen areas.

Other areas of non-compliance highlighted in the inspection report included the preparation and implementation of an emergency management plan, conforming to Australian Standard 3745-2010 and the provision of fire suppression at the lobby building.

In spite of these shortcomings, Air Niugini was issued a Permissive Occupancy certificate by the NCD Building Board on May 22 last year, on the condition that it complied with the stated requirements before a full occupancy certificate could be issued.

However, successive follow-ups on non-compliance by the PNGFS and the NCD Building Authority indicate that Air Niugini still failed to meet fire safety requirements over the next 191 days.

Up until the National Capital District Building Board finally suspended both permissive occupancy notices for the apartment building and the lobby building on November 29 last year and ordered the building to be vacated.

Air Niugini has defied two successive notices from the NCD Building Authorityinstructing the building to be vacated until such a time that the new owners could meet fire safety requirements.

Furthermore, both the NCDC chief building inspector and inspectors from Matrix Constructions PNG were refused entry into the premises on two occasions, despite the ongoing defects liability period currently being observed by Matrix Constructions as the original building contractor.

However, in a brief interview yesterday, Air Niugini spokesperson, Dominic Kaumu refuted all claims that the building was not up to code.

Kaumu stating that a joint inspection of the building by the NCD Building Authority and PNG Fire service last Thursday found the new residential complex to be up to code, having satisfied all necessary regulations.

grizzled
5th Apr 2018, 14:58
depends which street...

:)

olderairhead
7th Apr 2018, 22:36
The appointment of the interim CEO officially announced by the Board.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10160084352690237&id=88806860236

tripelapidgeon
8th Apr 2018, 06:43
Long suffering PX customers have more challenges since last night as both B767 are out of the sky. One as usual delayed out of heavy maintenance the other waiting for an engine change. Could be an interesting few days not to mention more cash being thrown away to cover the disruptions.

Loud Handle
8th Apr 2018, 07:34
Long suffering PX customers have more challenges since last night as both B767 are out of the sky. One as usual delayed out of heavy maintenance the other waiting for an engine change. Could be an interesting few days not to mention more cash being thrown away to cover the disruptions.

So that’s roughly 26 (8 more than normal) pilots standing around doing nothing.

Mangi Fokker
8th Apr 2018, 09:12
And 21 are Captains. More than the,14 aircraft, Fokker Fleet has.

faheel
8th Apr 2018, 21:47
I wonder if Foo will get a golden parachute for his excellent leadership.:{:ugh:

Probably be Knighted for his contribution to aviation :O

tripelapidgeon
9th Apr 2018, 01:14
Hasn't the purveyor of backpacker lodgings (Foo) already have an OBE?

On another note not too much moving internationally today out of PNG not only 2x 767 dead but also 1x 737.

geeup
10th Apr 2018, 02:50
TBL I fear losing $1.3 million / day would would be like turning a profit a ANG!

From the outside looking in they are haemorrhaging money faster than Ansett during their peak.

Unpaid bills to NAC, Air Services PNG, InterOil & Pacific Energy would make even the Alan Bond and Christopher Skase blush.

Quick search on EBay doesn’t look good for a couple of second hand 767 engines. Haven’t looked at tradme yet...

Anyone know when Boeing will require the final payment for the MAX?

LostProperty
10th Apr 2018, 03:20
Earlier today VH-YNU and VH-VLI, both Nauru Airlines B737s, dressed up for the day as ANG 5004 and ANG2006 respectively, appeared over Qld. YNU was flying from BNE to POM while VLI did BNE to BNE over a couple of hours with some flying practice inland from the Sunshine Coast. Anyone interested can probably recall them on FR24 but it might be a bit more difficult on Flight Aware because Nauru planes are normally blocked on that medium - must be something to do with their occasional use as refugee transports.

geeup
10th Apr 2018, 09:31
Hope they set the right QNH!

tripelapidgeon
10th Apr 2018, 09:32
Earlier today VH-YNU and VH-VLI, both Nauru Airlines B737s, dressed up for the day as ANG 5004 and ANG2006 respectively, appeared over Qld. YNU was flying from BNE to POM while VLI did BNE to BNE over a couple of hours with some flying practice inland from the Sunshine Coast. Anyone interested can probably recall them on FR24 but it might be a bit more difficult on Flight Aware because Nauru planes are normally blocked on that medium - must be something to do with their occasional use as refugee transports.
Nauru not exactly flash with cash. Hopefully they were smart enough to get cash in advance . Otherwise it may be a long while before things get paid.

olderairhead
10th Apr 2018, 10:02
So the word is that there is a replacement engine from the UK but because HAECO will not remove the old engine due to "commercial issues" the sick aircraft has been sitting there for the past 60 hours with the replacement just sitting idle nearby.

geeup
10th Apr 2018, 10:42
TBL Warrior no one has used the Caymans in years. Singapore is closer to home and more friendly.

Speaking of Ponzie Schemes how is the Middle East :)

Any chance we could borrow a MAX?

Killer Loop
10th Apr 2018, 16:43
Any chance we could borrow a MAX?

We don’t lend our toys to people who break theirs. 😛

Mangi Fokker
10th Apr 2018, 23:16
So yearly bonuses now due diverted to fund AOG repairs?

krismiler
11th Apr 2018, 00:23
Even at GA level, maintenance organisations soon get to know who who doesn’t pay their bills on time.

olderairhead
14th Apr 2018, 00:48
Poxie has made question time in parliament again.

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2109738802377341&id=874724655878768

tripelapidgeon
14th Apr 2018, 06:20
Ples bilong giaman tok tok tasol.

Minister Duma has been fully conversant with inept management at PX since at least late 2015 early 2016.

He chose to ignore the evidence and let the status quo prevail. The motivation for this is still very unclear.

troppo
16th Apr 2018, 03:47
https://www.seek.com.au/job/35993065?type=standout&userqueryid=a0fc21dd0c157eb35c33604cd9aa5950-0270262

Change in the wind?

Far Canel
16th Apr 2018, 04:09
B373. Can’t even get the aircraft right

olderairhead
16th Apr 2018, 04:20
Only advertising for a Managing Director??

troppo
16th Apr 2018, 04:38
B373. Can’t even get the aircraft right

Yeah, that's Deloitte's for you. Pushed the wrong button on the calculator

olderairhead
17th Apr 2018, 22:50
I have heard the 4th floor will be making some sort of announcement at 11 this morning with regards to T&C's, specifically pay related.

As usual done without consulting the pilot associations.

tripelapidgeon
18th Apr 2018, 05:41
I have heard the 4th floor will be making some sort of announcement at 11 this morning with regards to T&C's, specifically pay related.

As usual done without consulting the pilot associations.
Bigmen still in charge.

olderairhead
18th Apr 2018, 06:46
After today's announcement Poxie published the following memo:

Message to All Pilots April 2018

In recognition of the increased productivity and the demanding nature of flying operations in PNG on the Fokker aircraft, the company has decided to review the terms and conditions of Fokker pilots, and to reward them with the same remuneration as those on the B737.

For those coming off a Fokker Salary onto the B737 salary the new signing will superseded the previous Fokker Base Salary PLUS the additional K15,000 per annum over two years, as awarded in the 2017 Variation Clause.

For the Fokker Pilots signing onto the new B737 Salary Scale there will be a three (3) year freeze on the Fokker type after signing. Accordingly promotional opportunity within this time frame through the Bidding process will NOT apply unless approved by the Review Board Committee and/or Management for any movement onto the B737.

The salary adjustments will be on a point-to-point basis, and to the A scale. This change will introduce a single pay scale for all pilots on Air Niugini B737 and Fokker aircraft. The new pay scale will be known as the “Narrow Body Jet Pay Scale” and be identical to the current B737 A Scale.

There are no changes to B767 crew currently on the A scale. This will be know as the “Wide Body Jet Pay Scale”.

In line with the above-mentioned adjustments, the B scale will be removed from all remuneration packages. Therefore, B767 and B737 First Offices and Dash 8 Captains, currently on the B scale, will move to the corresponding A scale.
All the above changes will take effect upon signing of a new Execution Clause.

Also, to assist in the management of fatigue, the rostering practices for Fokker crews who are domiciled in Cairns will be amended. Crews may be rostered to commence duty following “days off” by operating PX093, and to complete a series of work days ending with a duty flight operating PX090. In the event that a crew member is not available for PX093 the corresponding pilot, who has operated PX090 will be required to operate PX093 and then position to Cairns at a later time, i.e. the currently practice.

I trust the above-mentioned adjustments will be mutually satisfying and rewarding. Your Fleet Manager can provide additional information if required.

Thank you all for your continued assistance and support

Christopher Mileng
Acting General Manager Flight Operations

DHC8 Driver
18th Apr 2018, 08:41
After today's announcement Poxie published the following memo:

Message to All Pilots April 2018

In recognition of the increased productivity and the demanding nature of flying operations in PNG on the Fokker aircraft, the company has decided to review the terms and conditions of Fokker pilots, and to reward them with the same remuneration as those on the B737.

For those coming off a Fokker Salary onto the B737 salary the new signing will superseded the previous Fokker Base Salary PLUS the additional K15,000 per annum over two years, as awarded in the 2017 Variation Clause.

For the Fokker Pilots signing onto the new B737 Salary Scale there will be a three (3) year freeze on the Fokker type after signing. Accordingly promotional opportunity within this time frame through the Bidding process will NOT apply unless approved by the Review Board Committee and/or Management for any movement onto the B737.

The salary adjustments will be on a point-to-point basis, and to the A scale. This change will introduce a single pay scale for all pilots on Air Niugini B737 and Fokker aircraft. The new pay scale will be known as the “Narrow Body Jet Pay Scale” and be identical to the current B737 A Scale.

There are no changes to B767 crew currently on the A scale. This will be know as the “Wide Body Jet Pay Scale”.

In line with the above-mentioned adjustments, the B scale will be removed from all remuneration packages. Therefore, B767 and B737 First Offices and Dash 8 Captains, currently on the B scale, will move to the corresponding A scale.
All the above changes will take effect upon signing of a new Execution Clause.

Also, to assist in the management of fatigue, the rostering practices for Fokker crews who are domiciled in Cairns will be amended. Crews may be rostered to commence duty following “days off” by operating PX093, and to complete a series of work days ending with a duty flight operating PX090. In the event that a crew member is not available for PX093 the corresponding pilot, who has operated PX090 will be required to operate PX093 and then position to Cairns at a later time, i.e. the currently practice.

I trust the above-mentioned adjustments will be mutually satisfying and rewarding. Your Fleet Manager can provide additional information if required.

Thank you all for your continued assistance and support

Christopher Mileng
Acting General Manager Flight Operations

Definitely a move in the right direction but still doesn’t address the issue of consultative process. When the wind changes direction will the T&Cs be cut back again due to incapacity to pay.

Anyway it’s a win for the guys on the F100 but I guess you have to sell your soul (ie give up any chance of a win in the court case) to get it.

got you sighted
18th Apr 2018, 09:24
He guys!
Don’t forget the end game. These are just distractions to the final court case. Don’t let them pull you away from the work that has already been done.

Mangi Fokker
18th Apr 2018, 10:28
This is not a salary improvement. The Fokker bonus in the 2017 brings the Fokker salary up to B737 levels anyway. Without a 3 year type freeze. Network and Alliance are still a significantly better option.

DHC8 Driver
18th Apr 2018, 12:04
Ok maybe I was wrong to suggest it was an improvement. I didn’t know the details and so should have kept my mouth shut. I also continue to strongly urge all concerned to consider other options if they have them.

tripelapidgeon
19th Apr 2018, 00:52
Smoke and Mirrors.

Sounds like a thing that has come from a certain consultant.

olderairhead
19th Apr 2018, 07:54
From what I am hearing this new non negotiated amendment to the non negotiated and forced 2015 contract which is still under challenge in the court is nothing more than an enticement to try and recruit new pilots.

Currently employed Fokker drivers who have been on type will now be locked in for a further 3 years and still be on the same A scale as before so where is the benefit of agreeing to the non negotiated variation.

The same goes for the Dash fleet.

Troops are not happy and believe with the change in chairs all they have ended up with is a Toofar mini me and a Simon Says clone.

tripelapidgeon
19th Apr 2018, 09:33
From what I am hearing this new non negotiated amendment to the non negotiated and forced 2015 contract which is still under challenge in the court is nothing more than an enticement to try and recruit new pilots.

Currently employed Fokker drivers who have been on type will now be locked in for a further 3 years and still be on the same A scale as before so where is the benefit of agreeing to the non negotiated variation.

The same goes for the Dash fleet.

Troops are not happy and believe with the change in chairs all they have ended up with is a Toofar mini me and a Simon Says clone.

Re the new non management team I refer to my post on this thread dated the 30th of March reproduced below.

"Knowing the rumoured replacements.The said acting CEO was a confidant and advisor to Simple Simon. The new EMFO close to the deposed King Too Far. More of the same ?? The big problem is that the replacements have a little more intelligence!
So more of the same just further up the proverbial."

olderairhead
25th Apr 2018, 10:07
I am hearing lots of negativity over Poxies latest non negotiated contract variation.

For example if a Fokker Capt signs the variation and has already done 3, 4, 5 etc years on type they get slapped with another 3 year freeze for the princley sum of $98 per week before tax as a reward. Really?

And as for the removal of B scale it only affects 2 pilots, all the rest (22) are on A scale so what a waste.

As they are advertising for a new MD who can the pilot groups talk to because it is obvious that an interim MD will not make any decisions or even enter into negotiations especially with a Court ruling imminent.

​​​​​​​The only conclusion is that they are trying to lure (recruit) more victims into their Web of deceit by offering better (haha) conditions

olderairhead
25th Apr 2018, 11:22
A coincidence?

PNG Air’s Chief Executive Officer changes

PNG Air’s Company’s Chief Executive Officer, Muralee Siva, has resigned as CEO of the airline after more than 5 years in the role.
Mr Siva was appointed as CEO in November 2012, and has overseen a great deal of change in the airline. Under his watch, the airline has implemented a strategy of focussing more on regular passenger transport services, become majority owned by major PNG institutions NasFund and MRDC, re-fleeted with brand new ATR 72-600 aircraft and rebranded itself as PNG Air.
Chairman of the Company’s Board of Directors, Murray Woo, said “Muralee believes that after more than 5 years in the role and with rebranding and the initial stage of the re-fleeting program successfully completed, it is time for him to move on, and to allow someone with a new perspective and a different set of ideas to come in and take the Company through the next stage of its development”.
“The Board has been speaking for some time to Muralee about a transition, and agrees that this is the right time for it. Muralee has done an outstanding job and leaves the airline with a sound foundation to grow and prosper into the future with the ongoing support of its major shareholders.”
“On behalf of the Board, the Company and NasFund and MRDC, I want to express to Muralee our appreciation of his outstanding efforts and contribution. I sincerely thank him for his dedication to the Company, and for the skills, experience and acumen he has brought to it,” said Mr Woo.
Mr Woo announced that in the interim before appointment of a permanent CEO, the Company’s Chief Commercial Officer, Paul Abbot, will be the acting CEO. Mr Abbot joined the Company as Manager Sales & Distribution in January 2011, and became the Chief Commercial Officer in October 2013. In that role he has been responsible for the airline increasing its RPT sales by 18% year on year since 2012, and for the airline achieving its highest ever total revenue in 2017.

Mangi Fokker
25th Apr 2018, 13:53
And not a single mention of their continuing massive losses and on going pilot resignations.

PilotPatrick69
27th Apr 2018, 11:19
Hello my Aviator,

Pilot Patrick here, I understand Ryan Air looking at sending Crew on contract to this Air Papua New Guinea as Commader 737.

is there much activities in port Elizabeth on the four days off?

ciao

tripelapidgeon
27th Apr 2018, 11:24
Strong rumour that PNGAIR is insolvent. As the the major shareholders are either the superfunds or political cronies the government has decided and decreed that the operation will be absorbed by Poxie.
Interesting to see if this decree comes to fruition and how dysfunctional the new entity will be.

olderairhead
28th Apr 2018, 03:41
Been inundated with info from Paradise. Where to start?

I have been told that King Julien's appointment by the Board was done without consultation with O'Steal who is said to be not too happy about not being consulted.

As we know the position was advertised but it was supposed to go to the Saviour from the sand but now may not be happening. Advertisement is a smoke screen. King Julien's recent contract changes would make him look good to the Board, no need to employ externally, King gets the job. Then mayhem.

King Julien rumoured to have had a meeting with the engineers and told them there numbers will be reduced. Got to get money to pay the pilots somehow.

Also reported that O'Steal called an emergency Board meeting to discuss the merger of PNG Air and Poxie.

Some fact, some fiction, time will tell.

Bottom line is all is not well and only getting worse.

faheel
28th Apr 2018, 04:12
Hello my Aviator,

Pilot Patrick here, I understand Ryan Air looking at sending Crew on contract to this Air Papua New Guinea as Commader 737.

is there much activities in port Elizabeth on the four days off?

ciao

Wrong country mate, this is PNG, the big island north of Australia,capitol city Port Moresby, arguably one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

Killer Loop
28th Apr 2018, 04:53
Wrong country mate, this is PNG, the big island north of Australia,capitol city Port Moresby, arguably one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

There was an advert on latestpilotjobs.com yesterday by Ryanair for 737 pilots based in Papua New Guinea but it has disappeared today. Probably an error.....or was it?

Kiwiconehead
28th Apr 2018, 05:42
King Julien rumoured to have had a meeting with the engineers and told them there numbers will be reduced. Got to get money to pay the pilots somehow.

Had a few messages from the boys in the hangar saying they are steeling themselves for the cuts.

To be honest, I am surprised King Julien survived his tenure as GM Engineering without meeting a sticky end, the way he treated the national engineers.

At least us expats could tell him to get ******

olderairhead
1st May 2018, 10:46
I am hearing from an extremely good source that King Julien now has an excellent contender, maybe by political persuasion, that will definitely appeal to both pilot groups. More to come soon.

olderairhead
2nd May 2018, 10:43
Poxie recently advertised internally for bids for 767 F/O's but as we know there is no career progression in Poxie. You guessed it, they employed direct entry F/O's from their opposition instead of rewarding long serving employees.

Obviously King Julien and Minnie Me are no different to their predecessors.

olderairhead
4th May 2018, 09:15
Interesting criteria for the advertised MD position.

MD information pack (http://jmp.sh/jqWkgL7)

Do they have someone in mind??

noel1234
6th May 2018, 08:05
Heard King Julian is focusing in cleaning everything from Air Niugini Haus. Keeping Sam too far very close to his heart.

tripelapidgeon
6th May 2018, 11:00
The tail of two king's how quaint

Loud Handle
6th May 2018, 13:12
The riddles, spelling mistakes and punctuation errors are making this thread almost incomprehensible.

geeup
6th May 2018, 21:01
TBL Warrior I’ll give you a couple of “syfer keys” characters are from the Disney & Nickelodeon Channels.

Ask the child bride to talk you through the characters. Heck grab a box of cockies & milk and watch her favourite movie Madagascar together.... call it a date night.

To be honest I’m having trouble keeping up with the stories above (nothing new really)

olderairhead
7th May 2018, 10:33
If you read this it confirms that Foo has "retired" and Durrani is now the interim CEO.

This confirms my earlier post.

https://www.thenational.com.pg/foo-retires-airline-chief-40-years/

The only one to go is the reference to April but more on that later.

I was also sent the following which is in reference to the new CEO:

Yes hard to follow if you can't or are too lazy to read previous posts.

And Minnie me is the Too Far (Taufa if you cannot understand) replica.

If you cannot understand anything else, ask.

Spelling mistakes, Punctuaition? (pick the error) Sorry thought it was a rumour network not a grammatical test.

For goodness sake children. 😟 That is unless you are company stooges.

Let's get back to the real story of Poxie F***ING over the pilots. 😠

Kiwiconehead
7th May 2018, 10:39
Yes hard to follow if you can't read previous posts.

One of King Julien's better efforts was travelling back from Manila to POM via Singapore, because there were no j class seats on the PX direct flight. This was not long after upgrades for engineers were banned.

This video got a fair bit of traffic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxDPV6tp0A

olderairhead
10th May 2018, 09:17
Government is finally admitting Poxie is facing ongoing financial and operating problems.

looppng (http://www.looppng.com/png-news/pruaitch-cash-flow-issues-76426)

olderairhead
13th May 2018, 09:43
The poor over worked Fokker guys are now going to have to work a little harder seeing as Poxie is now down to 1 operational B737.

They have 1 in for a C check and now they have another, which was parked on the cargo tarmac, damaged after being hit by another cargo aircraft as it taxied past.

PM's got a problem also. His aircraft now only has 1 pilot following the sudden and unexpected passing of his only Captain.

Vale V.K. You will be sadly missed by many.
​​​​​

balusnomore
13th May 2018, 10:04
Sad to hear about V.K. A gentleman when I met him for sure.

To the Tarmac "Rash"....hearing that the Canuks in the Herc ripped out the 73 winglet when trying to park in the Bay....Marshaller's?????

Duck Pilot
14th May 2018, 11:30
I’m saddened to hear about the passing of V.K. if it’s correct, he was only a reasonably young man. Pretty sure I flew with him in Twin Otters when PX sent their cadets out to industry to get experience.

Seaeagle109
14th May 2018, 12:29
Unfortunately, VK's death is correct, he turned 45 in April and leaves a wife and 6 children(5, under 19 with his wife + another from a previous relationship).

You probably did fly with him at Heavylift as he definitely flew Twotters as a cadet.

Mangi Fokker
16th May 2018, 06:06
So how did the Falcon get to Manila? Single pilot?

Kiwiconehead
16th May 2018, 06:45
Ex expat came over from the states to drive it.

Mangi Fokker
16th May 2018, 09:48
PNG registered. Would he be current?

olderairhead
20th May 2018, 10:19
Post 1130 was the announcement from Poxie "message to all pilots April 2018".

With regards the statment that B scale will be removed you will be shocked to learn that nothing has happened and word is the pilots do not expect anything to happen.

Old saying.... A leopard never change it's spots. So true.

​​​

splat72
20th May 2018, 11:23
Why would anyone believe anything from Liars and thieves anyway.

Chris2303
20th May 2018, 11:33
The QF codeshare terminates 30JUN18.

From 01JUL18 no more codeshare on PX flights, allegedly at PX request.

olderairhead
20th May 2018, 21:11
Link to Code share (http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/05/qantas-drops-plans-for-expanded-codeshare-with-air-niugini/) report.

tripelapidgeon
24th May 2018, 04:14
An absolute rock bottom last in the engagement survey results again.

olderairhead
24th May 2018, 23:02
The following is an extract of communication from the pilot's legal team that I have received suggesting the long awaited decision may be announced shortly.

Next week is judgment writing week for all judges of both national and supreme court matters. It is with some hope that the judgment could be finalized next week. If what I am saying is true then it could be handed down anytime from there on.

​​​​​​​Hopefully their prediction is correct.

olderairhead
27th May 2018, 10:16
So the 737 winglet was fixed and all was good.....then oops

PX83 goes to VLI for an overnight and oops they discover an escape slide runs out of date so aircraft grounded until a ferry permit can be organised without pax......then oops

same midnight the other 737 has an escape slide run out of date, luckily this one is in Pom.

Solution... Play around with slides and at least get one 737 available and off it flys to NRT....then oops

Autopilot U/S so an air return and burn off all that excess fuel for the 6 hour flight. Can't make curfew even if they could fix it....so put everyone up for the night.....then oops

Fokker 100 gets airborne for BUK, makes it 50 miles from POM, WX Radar fails, another Air Return.

Just a 3 day sample with "new" management. Nothing has changed

And someone asked on another thread why they rated so low on safety. Maybe this will give them an insight into why.

As the song says, just another day in Paradise. :ugh:

fortybelow
27th May 2018, 10:30
They should replace those tired old Fokkers with something new and reliable like Q400's... - Oh, right, I forgot...:mad::D

ARPs
27th May 2018, 22:56
Isn’t it the man who was head of engineering is now acting CEO... Goodluck

LostProperty
28th May 2018, 06:10
They should replace those tired old Fokkers with something new and reliable like Q400's... - Oh, right, I forgot...:mad::D

I think those old Fokkers are probably fit for purpose as long as you can keep the parts and service up to them. Even if PX acquired a brand new fleet everything would only be hunky dory until the warranty ran out. Perhaps the eventual fate of the Fokkers is to be bought by Alliance for whatever parts still have value.

tripelapidgeon
28th May 2018, 09:58
I think those old Fokkers are probably fit for purpose as long as you can keep the parts and service up to them. Even if PX acquired a brand new fleet everything would only be hunky dory until the warranty ran out. Perhaps the eventual fate of the Fokkers is to be bought by Alliance for whatever parts still have value.

All above exactly correct. Low airframe utilisation does not lend itself to the high capital costs of brand new airframes. However the old girl FOKKERS ( not politically correct I know) do need some TLC.

Otherwise the money saved by having the old airframes will be blown out the window by the disruptions.

olderairhead
31st May 2018, 00:36
Things are only getting worse. The following exposes some serious safety concerns. PX parliamentary safety concerns (http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2200495850178272&id=1500320836862447)

Mangi Fokker
31st May 2018, 11:57
The PAL 320 sometimes carries out an unscheduled stop at Davao for fuel.

fortybelow
31st May 2018, 14:13
Nice to see that (some) in parliament are FINALLY starting to pay attention. Can we expect a Notam shortly to "beware chickens crossing threshold 14L coming home to roost"?
Nice legacy left by Foo and co...

The Sleeping Pax
2nd Jun 2018, 01:22
The PAL 320 sometimes carries out an unscheduled stop at Davao for fuel.

Very true as a colleague of mine will testify, but if it's PAL's problem or POM's problem is open to debate.

Also noticeable is that the weekly Saturday night PX72/3 run to TKK and PNI and back is avoiding Chuuk these days, so don't go planning a diving holiday in Chuuk for the time being. I've heard nothing on the local grapevine as to why they stopped the TKK run. Is the booked 19:40 take off from POM after the curfew?

Still a regular PAX on PX, though to be honest where I want to fly to there is no choice. Still, got a 3 night break from this place in Cairns booked for Friday. Looking forward to hearing the Aussie accents from those in the front seats.

tripelapidgeon
9th Jun 2018, 04:47
PX customers are long suffering and deserve better.
It is the frontline staff , airport agents etc that keep the show on the road.

Despite management's best efforts at sabotage.

Jock p
14th Jun 2018, 07:31
One less Dash 8 unfortunately
I hear the locals have set fire to one in Mendi

Jock p
14th Jun 2018, 08:08
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/622x350/ang_dash_8_at_mendi_14th_june_b0ea46028746a543dc7e5c5750f7ec 03324e7904.jpg

apparently a number of buildings have been set ablaze as well

krismiler
14th Jun 2018, 09:16
Tari was a bad place for pitched battles between different tribes, having the airport closed while combat took place was not unusual. Mendi wasn’t much better, I remember having to get the aircraft out for fear of damage on one occasion.

olderairhead
14th Jun 2018, 09:27
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/540x720/1_2168fe1d4f26bb06fbf2d03c9739d2bb2c7a93fc.jpg

Mendi today
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/540x720/3_7d4185dbb9599179616ebe0420a04c0d113a5e33.jpg

Mendi today

Seaeagle109
14th Jun 2018, 09:41
I take it that's the Mendi RFF Service pictured springing into action, to what.................water the garden.

olderairhead
14th Jun 2018, 09:59
Looks like toilet paper to me.... Someone could be in deep sh!T maybe? :\

Gotta love the looks of concern. :}

Paradise they say in the adverts. :sad:

Seaeagle109
14th Jun 2018, 10:35
Actually, on closer inspection I'm sure you're right about the toilet paper, I can even see the roll.

Stupidly, idiot that I am, I thought somebody had rolled out a fire hose; after my experience in PNG I should have known better.

balusnomore
14th Jun 2018, 10:41
What can one expect from a country where women are still murdered when "suspected" of being a witch!!

Sorcery-related violence surges in PNG as women attacked and murdered, accused of witchcraft - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-29/png-upsurge-in-sorcery-related-violence/9095894)

Might be a just a few miles from a 1st World Country, but the only advantage is that the Medivac is not that long a trip.

Seaeagle109
14th Jun 2018, 10:52
Balusnomore,

Haven't you heard the new "World terms":

1st World- Western democracies

2nd World- the old Soviet block countries, as I recall

3rd World- developing countries

now there's

4th World- were developing, now stagnating

5 th World- were developing, now going backwards.

Make up your own mind on which category PNG falls under

troppo
14th Jun 2018, 11:22
On the bright side...one less hull means extra crew for the rest of the fleet. :}
I can imagine the loss adjuster trying to justify the claim to the underwriters....:}

Seaeagle109
14th Jun 2018, 11:33
From the ABC

Angry protesters burn passenger plane after PNG Highlands' election result - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/angry-mob-burn-plane-after-learning-election-result-in-png/9871762)

troppo
14th Jun 2018, 11:48
Balusnomore,

Haven't you heard the new "World terms":

1st World- Western democracies

2nd World- the old Soviet block countries, as I recall

3rd World- developing countries

now there's

4th World- were developing, now stagnating

5 th World- were developing, now going backwards.

Make up your own mind on which category PNG falls under
A fine definition of post independence indeed. Queenie was much smarter.

NCD
14th Jun 2018, 12:08
And not only the highlands...seems a fokker jet got turned around just the other day on the way to Bukka.

Advice they got airborne that was that is was extremely unsafe to land because of Political problems.

balusnomore
14th Jun 2018, 12:41
How about this for a quote from the website for the upcoming APEC Conference...

We will provide a secure environment where Leaders, Ministers and Delegates can advance APEC's policy agenda, and can leave Papua New Guinea knowing they have visited a culturally rich economically modernising country.

Guessing Air Force One wont be parking at Mendi...hahaha

RickNRoll
14th Jun 2018, 12:50
The news story says the plane suffered damage. Do we have any details on how severe the damage is?

cbradio
14th Jun 2018, 12:58
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/540x720/1_2168fe1d4f26bb06fbf2d03c9739d2bb2c7a93fc.jpg

Mendi today
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/540x720/3_7d4185dbb9599179616ebe0420a04c0d113a5e33.jpg

Mendi today

considerable !!!!

olderairhead
14th Jun 2018, 21:17
And not only the highlands...seems a fokker jet got turned around just the other day on the way to Bukka.

Advice they got airborne that was that is was extremely unsafe to land because of Political problems.

From the Post Courier:

Air Niugini flights to Buka have been cancelled for an indefinite period after vandals set alight the precision approach path indicators on the Eastern and Western end of the airport.
PAPI is normally operated by air traffic control (ATC) and if ATC services are not normally provided at an aerodrome as in Buka, then PAPI along with other airport lights may be activated by the pilot by keying the aircraft microphone with the aircraft’s communication radio tuned to the CTAF or dedicated pilot controlled lighting (PCL) frequency.
It is unknown who damaged the lightings and the police are working to find the person or persons involved.
Only PNG flights have been coming into Buka this week and the destruction of the runway equipment poses a great threat to aircraft and passengers.
Many passengers who were to travel out this week said the act of vandalism is not good and greatly affects travellers and the airlines that operate into the region.
A traveller who was due to travel on Wednesday said this shows “a bad attitude for us as we are heading into the referendum and it also causes business disruption.”
An attempt to get comments from NAC Buka was unsuccessful.

Mangi Fokker
15th Jun 2018, 01:37
Profitable for PNGAir.

The Sleeping Pax
15th Jun 2018, 06:18
How about this for a quote from the website for the upcoming APEC Conference...

We will provide a secure environment where Leaders, Ministers and Delegates can advance APEC's policy agenda, and can leave Papua New Guinea knowing they have visited a culturally rich economically modernising country.

Guessing Air Force One wont be parking at Mendi...hahaha

Could Air Force One land at POM? Many peoples feeling is that if Trump comes, (maybe he'll send the VP instead) he'd be put on an aircraft carrier out in the bay and be choppered into the conference centre. Already in the past 6 months there has been an Aussie aircraft carrier in the bay, and we've just had a visit from a Russkie warship. Could be that there are a few nervous leaders trying not to stay in the newly built Hilton.

Back on topic. I don't suppose Link PNG will get any insurance on the Dash-8? Was it owned or leased? More money woes for them.

Seaeagle109
15th Jun 2018, 07:54
The Sleeping Pax,

Yes, Air Force 1 could quite easily land at POM, the Japanese brought 2 B747 in a few years ago for some conference or official visit as I recall. The more pertinent question is where are they going to park all the aircraft that will be arriving for APEC as there's nowhere near enough Tarmac space for all the hardware that'll be turning up and the military apron is reported to be to soft to handle the sort of aircraft that'll be coming to visit. The last APEC in Da Nang, the place was a plane spotters paradice, not only AF1 but all the military transports for the Presidential vehicles and support staff, multiple heads of state aircraft( B747, A330, etc) and a reported 40 to 50 business jets.

This will be when the normal operations are all taking place as well.

I heard from a PX manager that the Dash-8 was insured and the coverage, apparently, includes provision for civil unrest/ riot damage; that kind of coverage would be expensive but he reckons it's covered.

Also, HMAS Canberra is the lead ship of the two ship Canberra class Amphibious Assault Ships otherwise known as a Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD)( source the RAN website). It's not really an aircraft carrier I'm told in a classic sense but I'm not a Navy guy, so who knows.

olderairhead
15th Jun 2018, 10:06
Just before it was torched (http://jmp.sh/FiW04nv)

Seaeagle109
15th Jun 2018, 10:26
So, for those of us that don't speak the language; what are they saying?

olderairhead
15th Jun 2018, 10:41
https://lingojam.com/English-PNGPidgin

gulliBell
15th Jun 2018, 11:44
I heard from a PX manager that the Dash-8 was insured and the coverage, apparently, includes provision for civil unrest/ riot damage; that kind of coverage would be expensive but he reckons it's covered.

If you reckon the insurance would be expensive, it will be more eye-wateringly more expensive at the next renewal after a total loss claim.

David Billings
15th Jun 2018, 11:57
SeaEagle: I only got the first bit from the guy on the steps speaking to the crowd but what he did say at first was that "the Balus (aircraft) is property of Air Niugini and it is safe." [Emi Sef] So much for that. Tok Pisin is rattled off very quickly in stressful times like this and maybe some of the talk was in the local Mendi dialect. (7000 languages are said to be in PNG).
The guy in the dark blue in front of the crowd looked to be a member of the Police Force and there were armed men there, but there is no way they would shoot rioters up there, too much payback.

On Loop TV this was said in the comments:
"PM, inogat nid long singautim SOE... Dispela ol manmeri ino ol longlong ol i save gut tumas olsem ol i rong tasol ol i go het na mekim... salim tupela Politicians go bek lo ol lain bilong ol na larim tupela toktok lo ol manmeri osem ol i bin tokim ol bipo lo eleksen petisen... PM, usim Rule Of Law istap pinis na stretim dispela hevi. Olgeta APEC countries long wolrd bai i gatim tupela kain tinktink long karim jet bilong ol ikam insait long Papua New Guinea lo wenem ol Mendi manmeri inogatim poret tinktink lo kukim balus."

My translation: "It was not necessary for the Prime Minister to call a State of Emergency. All the men and women here are not all crazy and know too well it is wrong to go nuts.... get the two Politicians to go back to all the business belonging to all the people involved and leave the two people to talk it out among themselves in the same way that they were before the election petition. The Prime Minister should use the Rule of Law, period, and straighten out this problem. All the APEC countries in the world are coming here and they will be thinking twice about bringing jet aircraft carrying all that come inside Papua New Guinea where the name of the Mendi people are now known not to have forward thinking and who burn aircraft....

Seaeagle109
15th Jun 2018, 20:58
David,

Thanks for the translation.

Seaeagle109

olderairhead
15th Jun 2018, 23:00
David,

Thanks for the translation.

Seaeagle109

Time to learn the lingo, you've been there long enough.

balusnomore
16th Jun 2018, 00:33
Politics Southern Highlands style.....at least 6 murders attributed to the last election, burning of buildings plus plus plus...

Just before it was torched (http://jmp.sh/FiW04nv)

But nice to see that they had a "bit of a toktok about things" before the aircraft torching took place.

geeup
16th Jun 2018, 02:41
ANX insurance will be paid as the airframe landed before “civil unrest” was declared (payout more then market value hahah).

P2-PXD lease finished and will not be renewed. Hard to fathom with route expansion.

troppo
16th Jun 2018, 04:07
I doubt it. Insurance is usually either at indemnity (depreciated value) or reinstatement/replacement value (What is market value?) neither of which will see a payout more than the insured/at risk/agreed value. A global loss adjuster like McLarens is engaged by the underwriters to make sure there is no 'betterment' or fraud.
if you're under insured or within 90% of the insured value, look forward to the term 'average', if you're 'over insured' it's not really a win either as you have been paying a proportionate premium against the insured value/asset since you put it on your schedule

NCD
16th Jun 2018, 09:34
Thought one of the local banks owned the Dash8 ( leased it to Pixie)....would not the insurance be the banks problem?

packapoo
16th Jun 2018, 22:09
So it'd be BSP feeling a little tender about now?

tripelapidgeon
17th Jun 2018, 06:50
https://www.scribd.com/document/44641217/Aircraft-Leasing

Plenty of Armchair experts read the above.

Insurance responsibility really depends on the nature of the lease.

LostProperty
18th Jun 2018, 06:27
I notice this afternoon that Fokker P2-ANQ is on its way back to POM after more than three months on the ground at Seletar.

balusnomore
19th Jun 2018, 09:58
PNG Prime Minister declares State of Emergency in the Southern Highlands.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/asia/papua-new-guinea-riots-intl/index.html

Kiwiconehead
19th Jun 2018, 10:01
I notice this afternoon that Fokker P2-ANQ is on its way back to POM after more than three months on the ground at Seletar.

We pretty much forgot AND was in the fleet when I was there, it turned up back from Seletar after some 5 months away, we all thought it had been sold.

olderairhead
27th Jun 2018, 00:11
PX Avsec at its best.

https://postcourier.com.pg/drunk-cop-disrupts-flight/

geeup
27th Jun 2018, 03:21
He would be sobber now.
Most probably set up at road block checking rego & safety stickers til he has more beer money.

EMS R22
5th Jul 2018, 05:09
He would be sobber now.
Most probably set up at road block checking rego & safety stickers til he has more beer money.

This is actually what he will be doing!!

olderairhead
5th Jul 2018, 21:11
I am hearing the Chairman of the Board has been replaced by Mr Costas from the Lamana hotel. Don't know much about him.

packapoo
5th Jul 2018, 21:20
He'd be of the Constantinou family, Airways Hotel, Hebou Construction etc?

chimbu warrior
6th Jul 2018, 02:49
And very close to the PM,

tripelapidgeon
6th Jul 2018, 09:37
Yes and visits to quarries and attache cases changes hands were a common event .

But if the rumour is true could not be worse than the incumbent.

olderairhead
6th Jul 2018, 10:21
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/750x1334/received_10155613988767283_178d6bb587af7a19c0799709bcdeeebe3 667f079.jpeg

geeup
6th Jul 2018, 10:23
Hold the phone doesn’t he currently serve on the Board of PNGAir???

geeup
6th Jul 2018, 10:34
EXCLUSIVE: PM MAKES K200 MILLION FROM TAUREKA HIGHWAY, STILL OWNS SOUTH WEST AIR, USED KICKBACKS TO LURE INDEPENDENTS - PNGBLOGS (http://www.pngblogs.com/2017/08/exclusive-pm-makes-k200-million-from.html)

packapoo
6th Jul 2018, 22:00
As that song line goes 'some things will never change'.....

olderairhead
8th Jul 2018, 21:33
Received a report that for the last 9 days of the current roster there are 160 uncrewed sectors on the Fokker fleet.

tripelapidgeon
9th Jul 2018, 02:45
No delays. Rescheduled to next month.

Hahahaha 93% OTP as high as 100% are just outright lies.

Loud Handle
9th Jul 2018, 03:39
No delays. Rescheduled to next month.

Hahahaha 93% OTP as high as 100% are just outright lies.

I’m not sure that the those figures are a lie. It’s just that PX use a rather generous four weeks window rather than the industry standard of 15 minutes.

(OAG’s definition of on-time performance (OTP) is flights that arrive or depart within 14 minutes and 59 seconds (under 15 minutes) of their scheduled arrival/departure times.

Air Niugini’s definition of on-time performance (OTP) is flights that arrive or depart within four weeks of their scheduled arrival/departure times.)

olderairhead
28th Jul 2018, 10:48
Just heard a rumour that the long awaited court decision may have been delayed even further.
If the rumours are true judges have been asked by certain pollies not to announce it until after APEC.
Suggestion is if done before and in favour of the pilots Poxie cannot afford the backpay and if it goes in favour of Poxie then there will be another mass exodus. Either way Poxie loses.

Also lots of complaints about the new faulty towers. Lower levels do not have micro waves, washing machines etc. And if you want to turn off the bedroom light you can't. Light has a dimmer but no switch. Clever!

Semi Rigid
29th Jul 2018, 08:02
.…the major faults in the AYPY tower. Streamline flight management system my arse.

olderairhead
3rd Aug 2018, 09:22
Yes we have heard it before but I am being told there will possibly be a decision by the end of the month.
From the pilot's lawyer the previous rumour is unfounded.
More likely is it is a landmark decision that will impact upon all private companies and unions and therefore has required a very thoroughly researched desicion.

And as for faulty towers.... pilots are now saying Gateway and Ela Vista are superior, one even suggests living in a 30 year old Vicount caravan would be a better alternative.
​​​​​

packapoo
3rd Aug 2018, 22:09
That man may not have heard of 'be careful what you wish for'.....

geeup
4th Aug 2018, 05:03
More chance of world peace then a court ruling in PNG.

Tour Pilots have permenant Apartments’s.

Any truth to Boeing pilots “helping the company” with Fokker Checking once they turn 65?

Mangi Fokker
18th Aug 2018, 07:54
Yes, some truth to that. Over 65s. Not sure about the checking part. They would have to learn how to handle a Pitts first.

olderairhead
23rd Aug 2018, 09:57
If what I was told tonight proves to be correct (and I have absolute faith in my source) and the reported negotiations are successful a bombshell is to be announced shortly.

Might be time to learn a new language.

Trigger Happy
23rd Aug 2018, 11:13
If what I was told tonight proves to be correct (and I have absolute faith in my source) and the reported negotiations are successful a bombshell is to be announced shortly.

Might be time to learn a new language.

Care to elborate at least on the timing of the "bombshell?"

Mangi Fokker
23rd Aug 2018, 14:10
Ni hau ma?

olderairhead
23rd Aug 2018, 20:55
I was told negotiations are in the final stages.
It appears Mangi Fokker​ has heard the same rumour.

​​​​​

splat72
23rd Aug 2018, 21:17
Only way that will work Olderairhead is if the new owners bulldoze the current management and board, otherwise it will be a case of “throwing good money after bad”.

olderairhead
23rd Aug 2018, 21:34
Rumour only at this stage but from what I am being told there may be a lot of substance to it. Only the messenger passing on what I have been told.

packapoo
23rd Aug 2018, 22:14
Great work, please keep it up!

geeup
23rd Aug 2018, 22:37
Message what message?
I got nothing out of it.... apart from more confusion

olderairhead
23rd Aug 2018, 23:44
Hint: google Ni hau ma?

Mangi Fokker
24th Aug 2018, 15:38
Might be one of those soft loans. MPs get the money, PNG gets the debt and China gets the airline. At least China knows the true value of tech crew.

olderairhead
25th Aug 2018, 05:49
Posting as received:

Govt Makes Amends To SOE Boards

August 24, 2018

Prominent businessman Sir Kostas Constantinou has been appointed as new chairman of Air Niugini in sweeping changes to boards of government owned businesses that was announced by Public Enterprises and State Investments Minister William Duma yesterday.

Mr Duma also made changes to Kumul Consolidated Holdings Limited, PNG Post, PNG Power and Air Niugini.

He announced the appointment of Sir Kostas and Mr Ian Jepson as director of the board of Air Niugini following approval by the National Executive Council.
Sir Kostas replaces Sir Frederick Reiher who held the chair for more than three years.

Mr Duma thanked Sir Frederick for his outstanding contribution and service to Air Niugini while serving as deputy and chairman of the company.
Sir Kostas is a prominent business figure and currently holds a number of prominent private sector appointments.

Mr Jepson is a PNG citizen with extensive experience in the construction sector, and is a successful businessman and is executive chairman of Global Constructions Limited.

“The combined experience and qualifications of Sir Kostas and Mr Jepson, and of the other current directors of the board of Air Niugini will help us turn Air Niugini around easily, provide better services, and finally pay real dividends to the shareholders who are the people of Papua New Guinea,” Mr Duma said.

He also announced that the appointment of Leo Meninga as deputy chairman of PNG Power.

Mr Meninga was the deputy chairman of Post PNG, a post he held for two years before resigning upon his appointment as deputy chairman.

PNG Power Ltd has a vital role to play in delivering the government’s twin goals of 70 per cent access to electricity by 2030 and 100 per cent renewable by 2050.

“The combined experience and qualifications of the incoming deputy chairman, chairman Peter Nupiri and other board directors will help turn around one of our important economic development contributors, PNG Power Ltd,” Mr Duma said.

He also announced the appointments of Clement Kanau as deputy chairman and Frank Tokai and David Toua as directors of board of Post PNG Limited.

Mr Kanau replaces Meninga as deputy chairman while Mr Tokai and David Toua have been appointed directors.

Mr Duma announced the appointment of former politician Moses Maladina as director of the board of Kumul Consolidated Holdings Limited replacing Peter Aitsi as director.

olderairhead
25th Aug 2018, 05:53
Also:Air Niugini reviews and strengthens its Domestic NetworkAugust 16, 2018

Air Niugini has reviewed its flight schedule and is implementing a number of changes that will see the reinstatement of some domestic flights, and an increase in others, while some loss making international routes will be reduced or suspended.

Acting Chief Executive Officer, Mr Tahawar Durrani, said the new schedule, along with other service enhancements, will be progressively rolled out over the coming months and will result in significant improvements to the airline’s domestic network, whilst curtailing the losses being incurred on some international flights.

He said “Earlier this year the airline was forced to reduce its schedule because of the global shortage of pilots which has affected all airlines, especially regional airlines. Since that time the airline has been working very hard, both to attract more pilots to come and work for the airline, and to encourage those that are already here to stay. Because of this, and combined with the reduction in some loss making international flights, we are now in a position to redeploy some of those aircraft and crew and begin strengthening our domestic network for the benefit of our home market.

Air Niugini recently re-introduced direct services between Lae, Hoskins and Rabaul, with connecting flights to Buka and Kavieng, using the airline’s fleet of Fokker 100 and Fokker 70 jets, providing customers with faster and more comfortable services. In addition, early morning services out of Hoskins to Port Moresby have been reintroduced, offering customers an earlier arrival time in Port Moresby and access to a wider range of onward connecting flights. From September the airline will also reinstate direct services between Manus and Madang, and between Manus and Lae.

Following the completion of runway maintenance and upgrading by National Airports Corporation (NAC), many flights to Goroka have already been upgraded from Dash-8 to Fokker 70 aircraft, with all services planned to be operated by our Fokker jet fleet by the end of October. At the same time our subsidiary company Link PNG has doubled the number of flights it offers to Daru from two to four weekly, and is progressively increasing flights to Popondetta to twice daily by the end of October.

Air Niugini plans to roll out more flights to other domestic destinations in its October schedule change, in time for the busy Christmas peak period.

On the international sector, from 01st October Air Niugini will reduce loss making routes to Narita, Port Vila, Nadi and Sydney by one flight each. From this date the airline will fly to Japan once weekly on Saturdays, Nadi and Sydney will have two weekly flights each, on Fridays and Sundays, returning Mondays and Saturdays, and Port Vila will retain one weekly service on Tuesdays, returning the next day. From 01st October the airline is also suspending services to Denpasar and Townsville.

Mr Durrani said “The decision by the Australian Government regulator, the International Air Services Commission, to disapprove the Qantas application to code share on Air Niugini’s innovative direct services to Townsville and Sydney, thereby denying customers a choice of marketing airline on these developmental and marginal flights, is one factor in the airline’s decision to suspend services to Townsville, and reduce Sydney flights to twice weekly.”

These reductions and suspensions of international routes will be reviewed again next year.

Mr Durrani continued “The above changes mean Air Niugini can redirect aircraft resources, and especially crew, onto our core domestic network. This necessary review forms a key part of adjusting our business model because as demand and global conditions change, we must be prepared embrace these changes and make sometimes difficult decisions to adapt our business as well.

Air Niugini continually reviews all areas of our business to ensure we meet the needs of the customer and use our resources in the most effective way. Like any business, airlines change their product mix from time to time based on customer needs, as well as local and global economic conditions.”

“Overall, the global airline industry is facing up to the challenges of rising oil prices and other costs, and in Air Niugini’s case we continue to enjoy and appreciate strong patronage from our local and international customers. It is very pleasing to see Papua New Guinea enjoying a boost in visitors during the current APEC events,” Mr Durrani concluded.

Corporate Communications Department
Thursday 16th August, 2018

olderairhead
25th Aug 2018, 05:54
And been told 3 surplus to requirements Fokker's are currently sitting in SIN awaiting sale.

fortybelow
25th Aug 2018, 07:31
Maybe they can start the night schedule into Goroka as well finally...

geeup
25th Aug 2018, 07:59
ANG in bed with Hevilift

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/69866-air-niugini-inks-atr42-freighter-deal-with-hevilift

Sam Asama
25th Aug 2018, 17:15
I love this quote (from the news release): “The combined experience and qualifications of Sir Kostas and Mr Jepson, and of the other current directors of the board of Air Niugini will help us turn Air Niugini around easily, provide better services, and finally pay real dividends to the shareholders who are the people of Papua New Guinea,” Mr Duma said.

Might as well add "In other news, we have discovered golden unicorns in the Bosavi area wich we plan to begin harvesting shortly..."

packapoo
25th Aug 2018, 22:16
Hmmm. One of those is certainly well versed in the art of graft and corruption....

Mangi Fokker
25th Aug 2018, 23:40
You're a knowledgeable chap packapoo.

geeup
26th Aug 2018, 01:42
Well I’ll be Fokked they are for sale

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/list/manufacturer/fokker

Going to lose a large amount of money here or are the creditors selling them?

geeup
26th Aug 2018, 01:55
Sell Q400s to buy Fokker 70s

Sell Fokker 70s and make money disappear in Singapore.

Good buiznezz

tripelapidgeon
26th Aug 2018, 06:42
Information to hand is that PX never paid for them in full. Just a deposit which they lost.

This deal was originally brokered by the current CEO.

Even better Business

Kiwiconehead
26th Aug 2018, 07:53
This deal was originally brokered by the current CEO.

Bet he still got his cut

olderairhead
26th Aug 2018, 10:39
A 737-700 going as well???

olderairhead
27th Aug 2018, 20:59
I have been asked to post the following opinion with regards to the post above - Government makes amend - so the original author cannot be identified:

déjà vu all over again and again…and yet again..

This article could have been written practically word for word about half a dozen times over the last mmmm…let’s say ohh 30 odd years. I only go back to 1980s-- beyond that I can’t comment.

Only changes here are a few names –and one notable (read level 2 alert flashing light) returnee to a position that allows access to the honey pot that is Kumul Holdings -and thus PX-

Ask yourself the question after reading this article-“what is going to change at PX” or “what will be done differently at PX?. As far as the tech crew are concerned, the answer is quite obvious--nothing. Zero. Nada.

The status quo will officially remain—perhaps because it has served certain interests so well for so long. The same people with the same management abilities and attitudes towards their tech staff will still be in control , regardless of whose name is on the paperwork or office door.

Not much of interest in the article, but my eye was particularly drawn to this statement: -

“The combined experience and qualifications of Sir Kostas and Mr Jepson, and of the other current directors of the board of Air Niugini will help us turn Air Niugini around easily

What is touching or pathetic or simply interesting in the Chinese sense, is the certainty that there will be dramatic changes in outcomes after changing nothing. That’s a definition of something .

I assume from this official notification that Einstein will be finally proved wrong by the towering intellect residing in and around ANGH. Who knew?

Nothing will change and nothing will make it change—no, not even “that.”

The ejection seat was a good idea, I always thought.

geeup
28th Aug 2018, 06:29
How many left ANG over contract, management & or terms & conditions?

How many of the above have reapplied or rejoined ANG?

olderairhead
28th Aug 2018, 09:48
From post 1061

Total of 127.

125 were employed before the enforced contract, only 2 employed after have resigned.

1 from 1977
7 between 1994 and 1999
13 between 2000 and 2005
28 between 2006 and 2010
76 between 2011 and 2015

As for the CEO, yes but I have been asked not to post anything just yet. :oh:

For the others, no but live in hope. :E

There have been more departures since 2015. 130 in total.

Petropavlovsk
28th Aug 2018, 12:33
The Tropicair GM was sacked the other day, he might be interested in the position ....

SIUYA
28th Aug 2018, 20:52
The Tropicair GM was sacked the other day

Was that TF??

ThereISlifeafterQF
29th Aug 2018, 01:12
SIUYA - Check your PM

olderairhead
29th Aug 2018, 03:15
First meeting of the new board this week.

All department managers have been instructed to cut costs by 10% - No exceptions!

olderairhead
29th Aug 2018, 06:08
I was told recently power meters were being installed in Company apartments.

Now I know why.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/600x800/power_meters_835d6deaf2060f68638198c10b1446c6052f7a4a.jpg

balusnomore
31st Aug 2018, 00:18
First meeting of the new board this week.
All department managers have been instructed to cut costs by 10% - No exceptions!

How many 100's of thousands in training, and the lost revenue due to cancelled flights caused by "Low Stock Flight Crew" did the last cost cutting to Flt Ops cost, ............and the one before that!!!

Here they go AGAIN!!!!!

Management take note........ "Low Stock Flight Crew" (and "Low Stock Engineers") is a lot different to "Nil Stock Toilet Tissue, Soap, Blankets etc etc."

Now..... "Nil Stock current Management" might be a start to recovery!!!

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

fortybelow
31st Aug 2018, 06:38
Any update on the Ni hau ma rumor - its still very cryptic?...

Tough break with the electricity bills guys. Looks like the new CEO looking after the team in best PX fashion...

olderairhead
31st Aug 2018, 11:55
Cryptic? Google it, it is mandarin!

fortybelow
1st Sep 2018, 08:24
I did, last week.

Not sure how
ni hao ma (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ni%20hao%20ma)
Mandarin (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mandarin) for "How are you (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=How%20are%20you)". It literally means though "You good (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=You%20good)?".

is helping, other than implying some Chinese input into the company?

tripelapidgeon
1st Sep 2018, 10:58
It seems the VEP iteration 10 has been resurrected.

By the by I see that Ms Wala the expat hating religious zealot and close confidant and associate of Capt Toofar and the the HR MANAGER of the year is in-charge of your digs at the Taj Mahal.

Good Luck I say.

olderairhead
1st Sep 2018, 21:30
I did, last week.

Not sure how
ni hao ma (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ni%20hao%20ma)
Mandarin (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mandarin) for "How are you (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=How%20are%20you)". It literally means though "You good (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=You%20good)?".

is helping, other than implying some Chinese input into the company?

BINGO! :ok: :D

NCD
4th Sep 2018, 09:09
A 737-700 going as well??? (post 1263)

Only 2 B737's on schedule 126B covering1st Sept to 30 Sept, 2018.

geeup
7th Sep 2018, 04:27
fortybelow I’m with you... didn’t and still doesn’t make any sense to me.

Anyway I was told to learn Fijian before applying for a Boeing job sounds like I should have been learning Mandarin.

On another note our brothers in the UAE have been blocked from using pprune.. probably a good to be honest.

Chocks Away
10th Sep 2018, 01:56
Just two little stories I noticed this morning:
Moresby Maintenance checks (https://corporate.southpacificislands.travel/air-niuginis-inhouse-c-checks-save-millions/)
and
Narita - Chuuk (https://corporate.southpacificislands.travel/air-niugini-unveils-direct-route-narita-chuuk/)

fortybelow
10th Sep 2018, 10:18
Geeup, yes it will be interesting to see what develops - when we find out what the actual rumor is.

Regarding Pprune being blocked in the UAE, first heard about it a week or two ago but luckily there are Very Proficient Names that help us stay in touch...strange decision but then this place is a lot like PNG but with sand and money. Lots and lots of both.

Duck Pilot
10th Sep 2018, 10:38
Virtual Private Network - VPN

Can you drive and fly around pissed in the sandpit, if not it’s not on par with PNG🍺🍺🍺

DHC8 Driver
10th Sep 2018, 11:15
The good old days hey Duck Pilot

Duck Pilot
10th Sep 2018, 11:30
Ahhh,
The aero cub, beer, meri’s and a Bandeirante that I had ownership of (well that’s what I thought at the time) and a trusty Kijang, what more could a young pilot ask for? And I never needed a second pilot back in those days😀