PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Autumn 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Buttie Box
7th Feb 2017, 15:15
Telephone interview was straightforward. Motivations for joining jet2.com and a query on recency. Email later in the day to confirm dates.

Talking to a mate, if I get through selection, it looks like I'll be on hold till September...if I pass selection.

Anyway, so far, so good.

Marcus Absent
14th Feb 2017, 21:32
Which Fleet?

mockingjay
17th Feb 2017, 09:55
I'm interested in applying NTR over the next year or so if they're still recruiting.

Can anyone let me know in terms of command, I'd imagine you'd have to go to LBA or MAN to get it. Does anyone know what the process if of transferring to a regional base? Namely NCL? Is it a matter of waiting lists, if so, how long do they tend to be or is it a case of upgrading in the base you're at as and when there's a vacancy & you pass the course?.

CEDRICO
17th Feb 2017, 17:10
Hi all,

Do you advice to apply even if I'm available the first of April 2018 to start working?
Ready for TR beginning of march 2018.

They should recruit for 2017 since the ad is "2017 Pilot intake"?...
Any infos appreciated!

mockingjay
18th Feb 2017, 10:07
Council Van. Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

whitemonk
20th Feb 2017, 09:05
The recommendations seem to work in my experience, I put two people forward this year (one for the apprenticeship and the other as DEFO) and both got through to the sim stage. I was pleasantly surprised as the DEFO candidate would undoubtanly have been too old in my previous company to get through the initial screening. They say apply again in 12 months but i don't know how stringent they are in that regard.

Trossie
21st Feb 2017, 09:19
Can anyone share what life is like as a TRI/TRE at Jet2, pay increments? And a lot of time spent in the sim compared to flying?One would have expected JFP to have jumped in to answer this one a long time ago. It appears that his 'social media wings' may have been clipped after his fairly recent disclosure of company confidential info! They don't take prisoners there!

Johnny F@rt Pants
21st Feb 2017, 11:15
Still here Trossie, no trimmed wings for me.

To answer the question, the increment for TRE on top of line pilot is about £22k per year I think. Life is always busy, I would say I average 10 days sim per month, some months I do more, some months I do a lot less.

One of the key benefits is that you aren't restricted to leave in the busy summer period, providing it is available then you can have what you want.

Trossie
21st Feb 2017, 15:32
Took about 2 hours to get approval 'from above' for that one!

Why no earlier answer to the direct question?

Johnny F@rt Pants
21st Feb 2017, 16:05

How little you know.....

Is it really up to me to answer everything? No reason at all.

Busbo
21st Feb 2017, 17:04

Give it a rest man.

The question, which was addressed to no-one in particular, has been answered.

You have a beef with Jet2. We get it. We wish we didn't .

Trossie
23rd Feb 2017, 11:25
I've found another Thread where people easily take the bait! The "Social Media" one was an easy target for the wooden-spoon treatment as it is such a touchy subject with so many employers, the actual employer involved is irrelevant. And the bait was taken! (The choice of beef, lamb or pork is irrelevant.)

Ivan aromer
23rd Feb 2017, 12:23
You really should get out more!

rudolf
23rd Feb 2017, 21:31
Good grief, grow up.

Buttie Box
24th Feb 2017, 07:29
...anyway, back to the thread.

Does anyone have any info on the requirements to make SFO and the pay increase that might follow? I'm also interested in info regarding training FO. I understand that FOs can be asked to deliver groundschool training and I have a passion for that sort of thing.

Thank you. All getting very exciting: selection day soon.

zeddb
24th Feb 2017, 08:23
Buttie Box

You need 6 months post final line check which in reality means about a year from joining, a minimum of 1500 factored hours and be approved by the SFO selection board, which in turn means being a good egg, not breaking any expensive aeroplanes, passing sim checks and not inviting crewing to have sex with themselves when they call you off standby. These things get noticed.

You get (roughly) an extra 6 grand PA and another stripe plus a nice letter/email from the grown ups.

As for training, depends on prior experience but generally a year or more in the company so they get to know you, then apply when positions are advertised. You also have to pass the selection board of course but as the ATO grows there are opportunities.

Good luck with selection, its a pretty good number IMHO.

Buttie Box
24th Feb 2017, 09:54
Many thanks Zedibee.

MBridges
24th Feb 2017, 11:54
Hello all,

Having entered the hold pool for NTR FO a couple of weeks ago, does anyone have any sort of indication or experience of how long the wait could be?

Thanks!

Buttie Box
24th Feb 2017, 13:47
Congratulations. Hope to join you in about 10 days' time. The rumour I've heard is that slots are filled till September. Might be base dependent, though.

The Cleaner
24th Feb 2017, 14:21
Hi, been NTR hold pool since mid Oct and know guys who have since mid Sept, all heard nothing as yet.

whitemonk
28th Feb 2017, 06:12
I'm not aware of anyone joining direct as an SFO but then again I am here just over a year so not saying it hasn't happened. It is 2000 hrs factored, not 1500 but otherwise it is as Z states. Takes about 3 months to hear back after applying too from what I have seen, but that probably depends on who you know and when you apply.

Buttie Box
8th Mar 2017, 20:52
Hi folks

Made it through selection; nice day out. Many thanks to the forum for your input. Now sitting it out in the NTR holding pool.

jayteeto
30th Mar 2017, 10:14
Does an entry date to a holding pool give you "seniority"? Or do they cherry pick from the list?

arctic monkey
4th Jun 2017, 11:00
Any news on movement from the pool guys. I think if winter 2017 training is to be planned, dates should be issued imminently, no? Fingers crossed and good luck to all in the pool!

skyloone
19th Jun 2017, 08:55
Know a few in the hold pool but alas nothing so far.

CaptainSensible
19th Jun 2017, 09:46
I understand a few type rated FO's have got start dates for Sep 17. Nothing I think as yet for LHS. Still doing roadshows and recruiting into the pool although I think a lot have been languishing for the best part of a year.

smith
22nd Jun 2017, 22:57
See they are doing a road show in Dubai, trying to steal ntr expat captains away from the sand pit

Snapper5
25th Jun 2017, 21:17
Why go to jet 2 when you could go to thomson

Cliff Secord
26th Jun 2017, 00:22
Because Thomsons application window is closed. And quick command with Jet2 being a tempt? Would that be short sighted with J2? I don't know. I don't know what they're like to work for

Johnny F@rt Pants
26th Jun 2017, 08:52
Why go to jet 2 when you could go to thomson

Where you would be at the bottom of a loooong seniority list contemplating the next downturn where Thomson have a habit of having a cull of those at the bottom of the list.

VJW
26th Jun 2017, 09:06
Plus there's DEC options at Jet2. I think it's pretty obvious why people want to go to Jet2 and asking why they don't simply go to Thomson instead is a stupid question for many reasons.

olster
26th Jun 2017, 10:00
I've been in both and I prefer Jet2. Thomson are living on past glories. Britannia Airways imho was one of the best airlines in the U.K. If not arguably the best. Thomson is not Britannia. The old school of paternalistic management and genuine concern for the pilots / employees is long gone.

EPRman
26th Jun 2017, 15:29
How many pilots have moved from Thomson to Jet2 recently?

aileron
26th Jun 2017, 15:32
I've been with (Air2000-First Choice-Thomson) for over 20 years. I worked for five airlines previous to joining Air 2000. On the whole I can't fault them. I love it. I've gone through some medical issues etc. in my time and they stuck by me no questions asked. No complaints, I'll be here til I retire. There really are some great people at the airline.

nosmo king
26th Jun 2017, 17:22
I've been in both and I prefer Jet2. Thomson are living on past glories. Britannia Airways imho was one of the best airlines in the U.K. If not arguably the best. Thomson is not Britannia. The old school of paternalistic management and genuine concern for the pilots / employees is long gone.

Sorry but many of us here in Thomson disagree and having worked for a few airlines over the last 20 years I know which airline I prefer...

aileron
27th Jun 2017, 06:37
I guess if he couldn't spell the name of the airline it was never going to work out for him. :cool:
I'd say half of our hiring comes from Ryanair. But like you said, each to his own. :ok:

hec7or
27th Jun 2017, 09:32
err brains, it's not his mis spelling is it?

Btw story is true, due appalling Thomson roster

aileron
27th Jun 2017, 17:40
I guess sarcasm isn't your forte, or irony? :}

Don't want to hijack the thread, good luck with everyone's choices and everyone's careers. I'm outta here!

Boeing 7E7
28th Jun 2017, 11:17
Bumped into a guy doing his recurrent in Ryanair. He had been at Thomson for 10 years and he could not stand the place. He said the biggest problem at Thomson was the appalling roster and never being at home. Says he's happier at Ryanair Each to their own I guess.

What a load of garbage! The short haul charter Business model has pilots home almost every night. Unless you have exercised your choice to fly the B787 which operates longhaul - then you will be away from home. Typically 2 nights away and then 3 days off. But it may be longer if you go eastbound. At present there is a list as long as your arm to get on the 787, so anyone who really doesn't like being away can easily transfer back onto the 737/757 and be at home most nights.

Boeing 7E7
28th Jun 2017, 11:30
Where you would be at the bottom of a loooong seniority list contemplating the next downturn where Thomson have a habit of having a cull of those at the bottom of the list.

What evidence do you have that Jet2 would be different to Thomson or any other airline or indeed business, that redundancies would not be made during a down turn?

Perhaps Jet 2 have a "magic money tree"...

Boeing 7E7
28th Jun 2017, 11:40
I've been in both and I prefer Jet2.

You will be in a significant minority (i.e. Just one) as most people move the other way. A handful of pilots have been 'asked' to leave for various reasons in the past and ended up in Jet2. Apart from time to command, a glance at T&Cs in Jet2 shows they are noticeably poorer.

Johnny F@rt Pants
28th Jun 2017, 13:08
What evidence do you have that Jet2 would be different to Thomson or any other airline or indeed business, that redundancies would not be made during a down turn?

I don't, all I know is that over the last 13 years that I have been at Jet2 there have been no redundancies made or threatened due to economic downturns, by comparison the bottom of the seniority list has been culled on at least one, if not more occasions.

With regards to T's and C's, I can't argue, Jet2 don't stack up against Thomson, but not many airlines do.

Boeing 7E7
28th Jun 2017, 13:47
I don't, all I know is that over the last 13 years that I have been at Jet2 there have been no redundancies made or threatened due to economic downturns, by comparison the bottom of the seniority list has been culled on at least one, if not more occasions.

With regards to T's and C's, I can't argue, Jet2 don't stack up against Thomson, but not many airlines do.

Much of what you have posted is illinformed and speculative! Redundancies were made at Thomson because it changed its business model and got rid of the low cost side of the business - Thomson fly. I could speculate and say these things could happen elsewhere. Just because your 13 years (wow!) with Jet2 have not seen redundancies does not mean that if the company were faced with this dilemma, it wouldn't follow suit. Unless Jet2 is a charity run for the benefit of its pilots. But I speculate.

T&Cs better than Jet2 at: BA, VS, TCX, TOM

Sort it out. Help Jet2 to get T&Cs up to where they should be!

Johnny F@rt Pants
28th Jun 2017, 14:51
B7E7,

As I said, I don't for one minute think that Jet2 wouldn't do what they have to do, they just don't seem to make as much of a habit of it as other airlines.

Twiglet1
28th Jun 2017, 18:24
Btw story is true, due appalling Thomson roster

Hec7

Probably a commuter or someone in the wrong job. Anyone with half a brain appreciates it doesn't get much better.
What's the difference between a Pilot and a Jet Engine?
The Pilot never stops whining

Boeing 7E7
29th Jun 2017, 04:08
Thank you Boeing 7E7 for some useful input.

Can we move on from the 'my dad could beat up your dad' competition and get back to something productive input, is anyone aware of the situation for holdpoolers at the moment? I've not been swimming too long but know people who've been waiting for nearly a year now.

Further recruitment is up in the air at the moment. Airlines tend to be the 'canary in the mine' when it comes to plotting the direction of the economy and Thomson, like a number of other airlines sense a down turn on the horizon and are taking steps accordingly.

olster
29th Jun 2017, 08:10
Not a minority of one. Took the money and ran to the desert. If you want to say that Thomson or certainly Jet2 is better than all ME options I could not agree more. Thomson had a lot of hard fought for benefits which courtesy of Britannia management and Balpa made the airline the employee's choice. Post merger it became obvious that the new management were determined to drive those conditions south at a rate of knots. Partially successful including 100 redundancies off the bottom. Anyway 7E7 you are obviously an expert on everything so good luck. Or exhibiting a common Thomson trait, a spectacular Stockholm syndrome whereby all other airlines are somehow 'inferior'. I can only say and repeat that Jet2 has been a breath of fresh air in my experience.

Boeing 7E7
29th Jun 2017, 09:48
Or exhibiting a common Thomson trait, a spectacular Stockholm syndrome whereby all other airlines are somehow 'inferior'. I can only say and repeat that Jet2 has been a breath of fresh air in my experience.

Sorry you think that. We are talking TOM verses Jet2 and I called you on it. Ultimately, if your experience is as you say it is, great! But the overwhelming flow of pilots is from Jet2 to TOM and not the other way around.

olster
29th Jun 2017, 10:04
No problem 7E7. The truth is out there. Of course, Thomson is a good airline and in airline 'hierarchy' it is well regarded. In my own opinion the airline industry across the board has been the target of the mba community, not least pilot terms. Jet2 does not appear surprisingly to be over concerned about the lack of flying hours in winter. The managers are dare I say it pilot 'types' and are generally tuned into our concerns or so it appears. New aircraft appearing and the image courtesy of Jet2 holidays is gradually changing. To my jaded, not far from retirement eyes it really has been a 'breath of fresh air'. Including minimal political backbiting which I had the misfortune to have a ringside seat for in Thomson / TUI or whatever they call themselves this week. So before, the 'what about the hold pool?' wannabes get animated again let's take a compromise view in that they are both good companies and direct comparisons are not reliable. Of course the flow has been from Jet2 to Thomson traditionally but I suspect that will not be forever. Cheers.

ps in terms of awfulness they are both airline nirvana compared to Emirates.

Chesty Morgan
29th Jun 2017, 10:12
In my experience the overwhelming flow of pilots is constituted of FOs. There are quite a few who are being sucked in by the promise of the Dreamliner. They'll learn sooner or later.

How many captains are leaving Jet2 for a DEC at Thomson?

Boeing 7E7
29th Jun 2017, 10:32
None. Thomson don't offer it.

aileron
29th Jun 2017, 14:59
As a 787 Training Captain at Thomson I have to take exception to your comment Chesty. A recent Final Line Check I did was on an ex Jet2 pilot who was in the Capt 'hold pool' at Jet2. He elected to leave for various reasons. He is now an FO on the 787 with us. He's happy he left, I can only go on what he told me.

I promised myself I wouldn't post again, but I gotta tell ya some of the stuff posted here is way off the mark.

Being sucked in by the promise of the 787? Two years in Thomson and it's yours if you want it. It's not for everyone and neither is Thomson it seems, but for those who are interested, it's easily the best job I've ever had. For those who aren't, good luck. Right.......I'm really done now. :)

And yeah the 787 is fab.

Chesty Morgan
29th Jun 2017, 15:00
You take exception to my experience?

Snapper5
29th Jun 2017, 16:24
How can anyone say that Jet 2 has better T&Cs than Thomson ?
Thomson,Monarch and Thomas Cook are in a league of there own (if you take into account regional bases and schedule agreements)
I think there may be some Thomson jealousy

Johnny F@rt Pants
29th Jun 2017, 16:37
How can anyone say that Jet 2 has better T&Cs than Thomson

Did I miss something, I don't believe anybody has said that Jet2 has better T's and C's than TUI. Cant be sure about MON these days after their recent turmoil, and all I know about TCX is that their pension contribution is way above Jet2's.

Boeing 7E7
29th Jun 2017, 18:22
You take exception to my experience?

Well....yes! The overwhelming evidence of pilots leaving Jet2 to come to Thomson suggests otherwise.

bluepilot
29th Jun 2017, 19:54
Guys, enough of the willy waving my dad is bigger than your dad rubbish.

Different companies have different attractions benefits and downsides, back to the thread on those that wish to join Jet2.

Boeing 7E7
29th Jun 2017, 20:16
Nothing to do with what you suggest. This thread is littered with half truths, uninformed views and peddling 'views' which clearly have an ulterior motive. So give it a rest, Bluepilot.

Busbo
30th Jun 2017, 10:57
I think you could replace "this thread" with "this website".

If that's the kind of thing that gets your blood boiling you may be wise to put down your iPad (other non fruit based tablets are available)

Boeing 7E7
30th Jun 2017, 14:42
Why would you think it makes my blood boil? Just saying like it is. But some pilots don't like to be challenged or called out on their nonsense!

Craggenmore
30th Jun 2017, 15:24
ps in terms of awfulness they are both airline nirvana compared to Emirates.

olster, you were obviously on the 777...............

olster
30th Jun 2017, 17:37
I couldn't possibly say, Cragster old bean...Finally...yes, stop the willy waving (good phrase). Jet2 is work in progress and fine to work for. As is Thomson... I've worked for both. It is not a competition. We are all part of the same industry and I hope and wish for good terms and conditions for all of us.

For the wannabes and this thread is apparently about Jetdeux... Recruitment on going, new aircraft and bases. Interview process old fashioned, be yourself and they want pilots so the sim is important. However...the gentlemen who run the sim are exactly that..gentlemen. They are on your side and create a relaxed and professional tone for you to do your best so good luck to all.

Cheers

Table For 1
30th Jun 2017, 17:42
Looks like they might have filled the Hold Pool....most openings removed from the website overnight.

DrinkGirls
30th Jun 2017, 21:03
They have placed a number of us in a pre-hold pool hold pool.
ie application processed but not interviewed/sim checked.
Sensible system really

Lazydogg
1st Jul 2017, 10:19
All this drivel about "why would you join Jet2 when you could join Thomson" is quite astonishing really.

It depends which seat you are in! I don't know a single experienced 737 Captain that would ever consider P2 at Thomson. However I believe there is one or two recently upgraded YOUNGER guys that are hopping over to the right. Fair enough if that's what floats your boat.

A significant amount of First Officers I have flown with recently are joining Jet2 and Thomson for DIFFERENT reasons.

A few of my ex LHS colleagues have joined Jet2 in STN as DECs. They are quite happy with it all. Like I said joining another company depends entirely for some on what seat you will occupy.

As a mid thirties 737 training captain on circa 120k per year, joining Thomson as a p2 will never be an option for me. However Jet2 as a DEC would be if circumstances were to change.

EFISchap
7th Jul 2017, 22:52
Will Jet2 ever introduce a 5 on 4 off roster?

Jet123
8th Jul 2017, 07:31
I've been in the hold pool with JET2 since mid September and got a call about 2 weeks ago offering me a September start so there is sign of movement :)
I know somebody that was a couple of days ahead of me in the pool that hasn't got a call yet so it can't be first come first served order I don't think....
Good luck to everyone else and be patient.....the call will come!

EFISchap
8th Jul 2017, 19:23
If jet2 had a 5/4 roster it would be inundated with applications.. Its the only reason Ryanair are able to crew their planes

4Screwaircrew
8th Jul 2017, 19:55
When I was at Jet2 I was repeatedly told nobody wants a fixed pattern roster, I love my 5/4 roster.

Rigger92
8th Jul 2017, 21:00
Which base have you been offered Jet123? I suspect the offers might be base dependent.

arctic monkey
9th Jul 2017, 07:20
Jet123, that's great news. Are you going to RHS or LHS?

jayteeto
9th Jul 2017, 16:07
Great news 123, good luck

Ivan aromer
13th Jul 2017, 12:39
Not quite sure who is jerking the Dart group share price, 650 yesterday 550 today?

Jumbo2
13th Jul 2017, 14:03
14% drop in pretax profit for the year ended March 31 and a comment from the chairman, who said."There remains considerable uncertainty around "Brexit" negotiations and the effect these could have, both on our freedom to fly and on our customers' ability to travel to our leisure destinations."

samca
10th Aug 2017, 12:26
Hi mates,

One question. Is it possible to choose Alicante as permanent Base during FO time and after your Upgrade?

How many time it takes to upgrade as Captain?

Are they flying 4 sector days usually. What percentage per month?

What's the training pay? How long it takes and who pay the expenses?

If someone can help me with this doubts I will really appreciate

Cheers

Johnny F@rt Pants
10th Aug 2017, 12:39
SAMCA

Alicante base - you will be able to express a preference however you might well be recruited for another base initially, it depends on commercial requirements. Base transfers are usually pretty swift.

Time to Command - depends on you really, and the number of hours you have/work. Alicante based guys don't do a lot of hours so if you are joining with little experience it will take a while. There isn't a seniority list, you apply for consideration when you have the required experience and believe that you are ready.

4 sector days - almost none.

Training pay - I believe that you are paid fully during your training. Per dimes are at a reduced rate during the type rating which I believe is funded by Jet2 in lieu of a bond.

samca
10th Aug 2017, 13:09
Ok more or less I understand, so you don't really know when the company is going to give you your preference base right? I mean there is no seniority...

zerotohero
10th Aug 2017, 20:16
samca

Base transfer list is very transparent and unheard of to be on it for a year. ALC is not the most popular base for F/O's as you don't fly much at all so it would be fairly quick to get there. 3-6 months I recon

LessPepper

If you have the hours and time in company I'd say 6 months to a year to get thru the system so long as your sharp. It's all best guess stuff as it's down to requirements.

samca
10th Aug 2017, 21:25
Thank you,

How much can make "net" per month an FO and CPT at the beginning?. How many hours you fly usually per month ?

Johnny F@rt Pants
12th Aug 2017, 08:50
Ok more or less I understand, so you don't really know when the company is going to give you your preference base right? I mean there is no seniority..

Correct, no seniority, however the base transfer list is organised on first come first served, i.e., it's done in order that you join the list. As has been said, ALC is usually undercrewed so my guess is that you would likely get that base right from the start.

As for how much you make nett, it depends on which base you are at, as your sector pay and duty pay makes a difference. At ALC you will earn less than most other bases as you fly less, it also depends on how much you choose to pay into the pension, and also on the Spanish tax rate vs UK tax.

Johnny F@rt Pants
12th Aug 2017, 13:44
I would say that the prospects of someone who enjoys being in the back of a darkened box are very good. We have recently recruited direct enter TRE's and TRI's.

samca
12th Aug 2017, 22:18
Correct, no seniority, however the base transfer list is organised on first come first served, i.e., it's done in order that you join the list. As has been said, ALC is usually undercrewed so my guess is that you would likely get that base right from the start.

As for how much you make nett, it depends on which base you are at, as your sector pay and duty pay makes a difference. At ALC you will earn less than most other bases as you fly less, it also depends on how much you choose to pay into the pension, and also on the Spanish tax rate vs UK tax.

It sounds good to me... just one question more. Is there any extrapayment when they send you to fly out of base?

Johnny F@rt Pants
13th Aug 2017, 10:00
You get your hourly duty allowance and your sector pay for the sectors that you fly, you will be accommodated on B&B basis and your transfers will all be organised for you either using hotel courtesy bus or taxi.

samca
13th Aug 2017, 10:59
Perfect then, it is like must be...

arctic monkey
21st Aug 2017, 09:58
Has anybody heard about interview assessments or start dates. It seems to be quiet on the recruitment front at the moment. Any news?

arctic monkey
22nd Aug 2017, 04:12
It's good to hear that there is some movement. Thank you.

111KAB
23rd Aug 2017, 14:48
https://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2028552&c=setreg&region=2

DrinkGirls
23rd Aug 2017, 19:13
That is great news for 2018. As a "talent pooler", we just have to hope that there isn't a glut of type rated people and the company then dip into our pool for pilots :ok:

arctic monkey
12th Sep 2017, 18:32
Has anybody heard anything about the assessments going on at the moment? Are they for FO or Capt positions?

Marcus Absent
14th Sep 2017, 15:21
Both........

pissbagz
8th Oct 2017, 08:58
Does anyone have any idea of current numbers in the Holdpool (post successful sim)? And the current expected wait in said holdpool before being made an offer? thanks..

makster66
8th Oct 2017, 15:26
DEC floating in the pool since last October, think they are flat out busy doing upgrades and NTR at the minute, stand to be corrected, but courses running until April I was told so sit tight and wait to hear from us. It may also depend on what base you are after aswell, don’t know anymore than that!

Reveal1
9th Oct 2017, 13:54
Having read all this gentlemen,
As I understood is 8 months flying and let's say 4 off..and around 48k brut per year If I not mistaken plus per diem and Blk hr.
What is the net approx. salary I would be looking for in Palma Base as FO after Spanish Tax?

TheMightyAtom
9th Oct 2017, 15:59
Apparently there is a yearly bonus scheme Now? Does anyone have the details of this?

whitemonk
10th Oct 2017, 17:06
If by 4 months off you mean taking the optional winter leave then those figures seem way off. On the 737 as a DEFO with experience in the UK you would expect basic of £53,916 plus sector and duty pay. The 737 is definitely queiter in the winter but I looked at my friends roster and he is still flying 7 days a month in November so not exactly commutable. If you are talking about the winter leave option then obviously reduce these figures.

For context on the 757 I have 7 days flying between now and December.

As for the Spanish contracts I have no idea where these figures are and I would be interested to see them myself.

None of us mortals knows what the bonus scheme will be exactly, full private health insurance takes effect from January 2018 I believe. :ok:

gene88
11th Oct 2017, 10:15
interested in Spanish bases ALC, PMI offer for TR 737...any idea about roster,salary?

jonesyinthesky
11th Oct 2017, 13:37
im also interested in ALC and PMI, 8 months on 4 months off sounds good, does anyone have DEC salary details for these bases, there are roadshows next week but i cannot attend

zerotohero
11th Oct 2017, 20:05
I think these details are still been worked out.

Quasar2548
5th Nov 2017, 08:20
Have jet 2 stopped hiring Direct Entry Captains. All seems to have gone very quiet.

arctic monkey
8th Nov 2017, 02:44
Very quiet indeed Quasar2548. I was thinking the same thing. They give no timescale to talent poolers just a recurring "we're still interested" but not enough to make you an offer.
Hopefully it's just a logistical problem in the training department.

Johnny F@rt Pants
8th Nov 2017, 12:58
From what I know, we are going through our own FO's who are eligible and giving them first crack at the whip. Once we have all those done we will know how many are required in addition.

arctic monkey
8th Nov 2017, 16:49
Thank you Johnny. Would you have any idea of numbers/time scale? Any info would be a bonus.

wisecaptain
9th Nov 2017, 06:06
Im guessing things could possibly roll over into next winter if there are enough internal upgrades passing the mark.
If they didnt have enough Capts with the upgraders then Im sure they would have notified the external candidates by now for the summer season.There must be many more in the hold pool than they need.:uhoh:
Time is running out as last courses are probably April for this season, so perhaps 2 mths left to hand in the 3mths notice.
How long does the hold pool validity last before having to start again?

Flying Wild
9th Nov 2017, 12:46
From the latest fleet update:
~180 additional flight crew for next summer.
Courses booked up until Feb 18.
66% of LHS requirement coming from internal upgrades. Likely to increase in future years.

Bare in mind, the company is moving away from cramming recruitment/training into the winter period and is keeping things going all year round now.

wisecaptain
9th Nov 2017, 14:11
Ok thats sounds more positive ,so perhaps a little light at the end of the tunnel running into the summer even.
Is Stansted developing into more than just a holiday package expansion then?Are they going to look to sell seats all year round in direct competition with FR and EZ?
I saw an article recently(October) with just one passenger on a flight to Crete.I think that was in the UK school holidays period too. Perhaps they will be very seasonal ,as in Summer only. Is it summer 2019 expansion that will require training through the whole of 2018?

FlipFlapFlop
9th Nov 2017, 15:55
That was the last outbound flight of the year Glasgow to Crete so would be very low on pax.

JW411
9th Nov 2017, 17:03
This is quite a normal end or beginning of season phenomena. I can well remember taking around 320 punters to Heraklion at the beginning of the season and bringing less than 10 back in a DC-10.

arctic monkey
12th Nov 2017, 09:20
As I understand it, they are hoping to cover all of their captain requirements via internal upgrade this year. They're keeping people floating in the pool, just in case.

Johnny F@rt Pants
12th Nov 2017, 11:26
I think you understand it incorrectly, there aren't sufficient internal candidates to cover the numbers required, so there are a good number of DEC's required.

Unforseen
12th Nov 2017, 14:45
Any news about FO 2018 intake?
I did the online test, did phone interview last 45 days ago and not hear anything yet...

arctic monkey
12th Nov 2017, 18:28
Well that is good news Johnny. I was Simply reiterating what I had heard. I think with the lack of news coming from the company, rumours are bound to grow legs. Sorry if I have passed on bad information. It seems a shame that more information cannot be disseminated by the company.

Flying Wild
12th Nov 2017, 22:19
Go back one page... http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/546811-jet2-autumn-2014-a-57.html#post9951743

arctic monkey
13th Nov 2017, 03:27
Thanks flying wild. I had read that, but the information I got was more current. Less accurate, it seems, but more current, so I just wanted to put it out there. Thankfully it seems to be incorrect. Hopefully things begin to move soon.

Flying Wild
13th Nov 2017, 16:32
I can assure you that the information I provided was as current (a week or so now), and as provided to the line pilots from management. If your source claimed to have more up to date information...

arctic monkey
13th Nov 2017, 17:50
Exactly flying wild, that's why I emphasised "less accurate".

pissbagz
16th Nov 2017, 11:29
Any other NTR FOs been in the holdpool a really, really long time?

vrb03kt
16th Nov 2017, 20:44
Did you specify only willing to accept a particular base?

pissbagz
16th Nov 2017, 20:53
No, quite the opposite.

Sucram
26th Nov 2017, 17:51
Anybody got any info about the 8 month on/four month off PMI or ALC DEC jobs advertised? Ie Terms and conditions, pay roster pattern etc etc, thanks

RAFAT
28th Nov 2017, 00:37
Sucram - It's not exactly an 8 month on, 4 month off contract, you are on a 100% contract but can apply for a number of 'Winter Leave' options, one of which is to have most of the Winter off, but it's not guaranteed. You apply and see what happens.

Sucram
28th Nov 2017, 10:18
Thanks for that Rabat, are you employed by Jet2 UK or as a contractor tSpanish company for flying only in Spain?

RAFAT
29th Nov 2017, 00:28
All are Jet2's own staff.

I don't monitor the recruitment stuff regularly so please forgive me if a specific Spanish contractor recruitment drive is going at the moment, but there wasn't the last time I looked.

OMDB30R
6th Dec 2017, 11:04
https://case-law.vlex.co.uk/vid/0070-17-2510-695611105

DaveReidUK
6th Dec 2017, 11:28
Full text of the judgment here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/59f0649440f0b61ab800f29e/Jet2.com_Ltd_v_Mr_J_Denby_UKEAT_0070_17_LA.pdf

LNAVmyass
13th Dec 2017, 16:31
I hear the recent failure rate is excessively high, anyone able to shed some light on this?

whitemonk
13th Dec 2017, 18:16
3% pay rise from April 2018, plus an additional £3000 on basic salary according to a letter in the post today.

Still not quite at industry standard, but the rate of pay for the work we do.... :ok:

Busbo
13th Dec 2017, 23:21
Is that for all ranks?

whitemonk
14th Dec 2017, 11:38
Yes, all ranks for those on full time contracts. Not sure how it will effect part timers but as they are paid percentages of the equivalent full time contract I would imagine there will be a pro rata increase.

RAFAT
14th Dec 2017, 12:33
The additional sum of £3,000 is based upon a full time contract, part-timers will get a proportion of this dependent on what their part time % is.

appleACE
5th Jan 2018, 18:17
3% pay rise from April 2018, plus an additional £3000 on basic salary according to a letter in the post today.

Still not quite at industry standard, but the rate of pay for the work we do.... :ok:

What is industry standard for an FO nowadays?

On pilotjobsnetwork the starting FO salary of Jet2 is stated as £58,534 as of April 2018. In comparison the starting salary at BA is stated as £55,150 as of September 2016, so it'll be a bit higher now, but probably not by that much.
Easyjet is £51748 as of December 2017.

banterbus
5th Jan 2018, 22:42
Probably somewhere around those figures I'm guessing?!

Does anyone know the usual cycle for Jet2 taking applications from non type-rated types? I'm aware they have several type-rating course starting over the next few months?

When you have to give your current employer 12 months notice these things matter!

RAFAT
6th Jan 2018, 00:10
How on earth did you get suckered into a 12 month notice contract? :confused:

Mr Angry from Purley
6th Jan 2018, 06:02
RAFAT

Serving his / her Country?

Back track back track

DrinkGirls
6th Jan 2018, 18:53
I have been in the talent holding pool for over 6 months now. I must admit that I am losing hope of ever being called forward. Such a shame, but it’s this or bust for me.

banterbus
6th Jan 2018, 21:31
Mr Angry, got it in one!

Heard a lot about bad Ts and Cs scanning PPRUNE; I think my employer wins hands down!

RAFAT
7th Jan 2018, 00:18
I thought that that would be the answer.

PressTheTit
14th Jan 2018, 18:36
I would expect a lot less recruitment at Jet2 next winter as the last of the new 737's will be arriving this spring.

Next winter will just be replacing those who decide to move on and to crew any extra 2nd hand aircraft that are purchased.

This winter I understand around 140 have been/will be taken on with some sim assessments still to take place.

Don’t think the last of the orders arrive till Jan 2019 me old China!

Unless you know better than wiki, if so I stand corrected.

busybee123
19th Jan 2018, 23:43
PPJN says Captain Basic starting salary is £100524 but also gives same figure as top scale.
So no salary scale increase to Captain Basic over time. That’s it?

Johnny F@rt Pants
20th Jan 2018, 14:29
Yep, that’s it, increments went out several years ago.

busybee123
21st Jan 2018, 01:14
Thats worrying, and the Jet2 pilots just let that happen?
No pilot union to protect pay and conditions there I take it?

Worryingly it sets a precedence for better airlines management to try and erode Pay and Conditions in order to compete.

zerotohero
21st Jan 2018, 11:56
There is loose BALPA recognition but my experience of BALPA along with everyone else I talk to about them is they’re useless.

Home UK base £101k plus a few grand more sector pay. Profit share. Private healthcare. Everything paid for like Medical uniform hotels etc. Taxis and hire cars sorted. Unlike Ryanair (my previous) very open base transfer system that works. The odd charter in the winter with stop overs if your lucky. And 450-550 hours a year! Unlike 899:59 in my previous (Ryanair) oh and £10k in the pension pot.

Errrm what’s not to like?

Oh yea and it’s a lot cheaper to live up north than LGW or LHR so factoring that in is massive. Maybe avoid STN.

RAFAT
21st Jan 2018, 12:15
I echo zerotohero's comments. Lifestyle is a big factor at Jet2 and personally that's worth more than a few grand to me, I don't think that there's many other companies that can compete on these terms.

H44
21st Jan 2018, 13:01
Zerotohero, you go on about all those benefits as if they’re big pluses for Jet2, but then I suppose if the only airline you’ve got to compare with them is Ryanair then you’re inevitably going to see Jet2 as a shining light for how all airlines should treat their employees. The fact is that all decent airlines should offer these things, and a lot more besides. Productivity must have gone down since I worked for them as I consistently did 750 hours on the 737 at a big base.

I’m glad some terms and conditions have improved at Jet2 as it’s important that airlines such as them improve conditions, rather than legacy airlines being dragged down to their level, but I have never understood this parochial view of Jet2 as the only airline that provides the lifestyle that everyone craves. If you look at the provincial bases for EasyJet, Thomas Cook and TUI, they all offer better packages with similar hours.

Regarding BALPA, it’s only as good as the pilot reps you have. My understanding of the ones Jet2 had a few years ago was that they approached PM in quite a confrontational manner so never really gained any traction in developing a win-win relationship with the airline management.

Ivan aromer
21st Jan 2018, 14:09
I dont think any hostility came from the reps! IIRC it came directly, and very forcibly, from PM.

Johnny F@rt Pants
21st Jan 2018, 14:38
Don’t forget the extra leave every few years for length of service.

twogoodstarts
22nd Jan 2018, 11:17
I think topping out on a basic of 101k at Jet2 is rather low compared to the other big UK operators.

At our airline (uk charter) another 30k on top of that would get you to the Capt top scale basic, plus a further 20/25k ish in allowances and sector pay.

Jet2 Pilots shouldn’t undersell themselves as we’ve seen with the likes of RYR it has an affect on the overall lowering of T&C’s for the rest of us.

The pension, private healthcare, local base, paid medicals taxis and hotels etc etc..is a given at most other UK airlines and not a perk.

Odins Raven
22nd Jan 2018, 11:29
Zerotohero, If you look at the provincial bases for EasyJet, Thomas Cook and TUI, they all offer better packages

A bit of a misunderstanding here - Zerotohero is clearly talking about the Captain package for DECs... none of EZY, TCX or TUI offer DEC at regional bases (no DEC in TUI/TCX at all) and the hours for EZY are up at the top end. Sure, you could join at LGW or a foreign base and join a long list to get home, but now you’re sacrificing Home base and lifestyle for a few years. EZY is a great package for those who’ve been there a while and worked their way up from FO.

As a FO with no basing preference the package is, as you say, better. I just think that’s not the point that Zero was discussing.

H44
22nd Jan 2018, 14:57
I fully understand that he’s talking about DEC packages, and clearly the ability to go straight in as a captain is one of the big advantages in choosing Jet2 over those other airlines. However, unless your desire to be a captain ASAP overrides all other considerations, the fact is that I’m on similar money to a Jet2 captain (much lower basic, but much higher sector/duty pay) in one of the other companies mentioned. Sure, time to command is a good few years, but over the course of the next 30 odd years, my earning potential is way higher where I am. Don’t get me wrong, being a captain is great, I was one for a few years, but for me, lifestyle and variety of flying were more powerful motivators than being a captain. Each to their own of course.

DrinkGirls
22nd Jan 2018, 15:18
Some of you still don’t get it. I don’t want to join Jet2 just for the money. I want a company that suits me and pays enough to be comfortable. The current vacancies availability, versus the basing, aircraft and rostering of other companies, just doesn’t suit ME. If you are happy..... great, well done! But please stop telling me that I’m mad for choosing a company that doesn’t suit YOU.

Johnny F@rt Pants
22nd Jan 2018, 15:43
I’m on similar money to a Jet2 captain (much lower basic, but much higher sector/duty pay) - You are only on similar money then as you have to work much harder.

lifestyle and variety of flying were more powerful motivators - that lifestyle of having to go to work more?? Variety of flying - Jet2 have 50odd routes dependent on your base, so unless you are talking about long haul and the detrimental effects that has on your lifestyle, I can't see variety as an issue.

Jet2_320
22nd Jan 2018, 19:38
long haul and the detrimental effects that has on your lifestyle

Have you ever flown long haul as part of the operating crew on a proper long haul aircraft with crew rest areas and everything or are the detrimental effects you are talking about all hear say?

Having worked for Jet2 in the past and now flying LH I fully agree with what H44 wrote before. The Jet2 operation did get boring and I find much more variety flying for my current outfit.

How much comparison material do you have Johnny?

twogoodstarts
22nd Jan 2018, 21:59
I'd argue that Long-haul can offer a better lifestyle as you only go to work 3 to 4 times a month, do a a quick 24 hour stopover then have the rest of the week at home. Certainly the case having seen my two long-haul mates rosters.

I'm Off!
23rd Jan 2018, 04:50
- You are only on similar money then as you have to work much harder.

- that lifestyle of having to go to work more?? Variety of flying - Jet2 have 50odd routes dependent on your base, so unless you are talking about long haul and the detrimental effects that has on your lifestyle, I can't see variety as an issue.

Still drinking that Kool Aid Johnny? Plenty of people have left Jet2 to fly long haul, very few complain about detrimental effects, and believe me, many were bored of flying to ALC and AGP at Jet2...

Not a criticism at all, and each to their own, live and let live etc. But please stop peddling that it is the best around, and everyone else has to work harder/longer/detrimentally...

Jumbo2
23rd Jan 2018, 08:03
To bad PPrune doesn’t offer a like button. If it did “I’m off!” his/her post deserves a massive like!

An absolutely spot on post!

olster
23rd Jan 2018, 09:06
It is correct to say that everyone is different and fair enough that personal preference is key. I have flown long haul for 16 years and eventually thought that it was mega tedious and the time zone changes left me in a zombie like state while I attempted to recover until the next trip. I don't drink kool aid or any other North American soft drink but I have personally found Jet2 to be a breath of fresh air. Generally, 'reasonableness' prevails and issues such as basings are not contentious in that the company takes the mature view that people are more content to live near their homes. Quelle surprise. It is rather like working for an airline 20 years ago whereby it is possible to have a flexible and sensible approach to operational and personal issues. It's a thumbs up from me.

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Jan 2018, 09:40
Believe me, I am aware it's not the best there is, there is always room for further improvement, but there have been some significant gains over the past few years.

Have you ever flown long haul You know that I haven't.

How much comparison material do you have Johnny? I merely have to use the anecdotes of the not insignificant numbers of people that have joined from LH airlines detailing their jet lagged states during their days off to realise that there is a detrimental effect of the LH lifestyle.

But please stop peddling that it is the best around Where have I stated that it is the best around? I just get fed up of people that don't really know running their often misguided judgements that we are treated so badly and attempt to put some positivity into why there are so many people who enjoy working for Jet2, after all we don't seem to have any trouble finding high quality people willing to leave other airlines (both of high and low repute) to join.

zeddb
25th Jan 2018, 08:03
I did longhaul for a number of airlines for nearly 15 years. I'm glad I did it, had lots of fun and saw places that I would otherwise never have seen.

I am also glad that I now fly to AGP and ALC (and TFS) because for all the good times and they used to be very good indeed, once you hit the 50 mark it just becomes exhausting and rather than getting into your gladrags after landing and painting the town red in Las Vegas or sitting on a Caribbean beach until daft O'clock drinking redstripe all you feel like doing is collapsing into bed and staying there for as long as possible. When the timeshift gets you up at 5.30am and you stagger down for breakfast you come to the horrible realisation that checkout is only a few hours away followed by a night sector back to Blighty where the biggest challenge is trying to keep your eyes open until the sun rages through the windscreen at 20 West and you end up sitting there like one of the Blues brothers wearing shades at 4 in the morning, with yesterdays papers plastered across the inadequate Boeing sunscreens to stop your eyes from watering. Even more glamorous is crawling out of the crew rest after 3 hours of fitful sleep, broken by a desperate need to pee, into the same sunrise and trying to gather sufficient mental capacity to talk on the HF or even land the sodding thing.

Its all great fun in your 30's and even 40's but once into your 6th decade you hit a brick wall physically and possibly emotionally since your constant absences mean that your other half no longer knows you, has become totally independent over the years and your presence at home is nothing more than a nuisance. Ditto the kids. You start to wonder how on earth you are going to get along when your rapidly approaching retirement finally happens. Many relationships do not survive that, even if they get that far.

Long haul is great, a must have experience for anyone in this game and although not everybody wants to do it, most probably want to give it a try. I would say do it and make sure you do it when you are still young enough to enjoy all that it can offer. The days of long stopovers in the sun might be fading but its a big world out there and you might as well see it and get paid for doing so if the opportunity arises. There are some who slog on around the globe until 65 but they must have the constitution of a Jedi, I'm pretty good for my age but I'm damned if I want to do it again, I don't think I could.

So, fill your boots with the big jets. The clouds look the same out of the windscreen of a 747 as they do out of a Cessna, as previous posters have said, its all lifestyle. The best option is to be in an airline that offers both and to those that are, good for you, for those of us who have been less fortunate in life's lottery and are in the twilight of our careers, there are a lot worse places to be than J2. Twenty minutes from work, no horrible commute, own bed most of the time, getting to know the wife again and discovering that we did in fact get hitched because we liked one another and still have things in common, being paid a fair whack on time every month, not having to look over our shoulders as the next redundancy hovers and having a life/interests outside of flying.

Shorthaul - maybe boring in your 30's/40's but great in your 50/60's as many ex longhaulers will testify.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

Redbird1
25th Jan 2018, 09:08
An interesting thread , the whole LH v SH debate .
After flying SH for many many years and now in the LH game ( I’m 52 ) 3 different airlines , I can safely say that I MUCH prefer LH ,
Just thinking of those long summer months of slot delays , French strikes etc .....
Pretty standard to have a run of 5 earlies with the odd TFS and ACE chucked in for good measure , dragging yourself out of bed at 03:30 knowing that you will most definitely be late and it will probably be nearing a 13hr day !
Whilst now the longest sector is 11hrs and I can get off the AC and have a few beers with the crew ( some times a few nights down route but mostly bullets ) return home and have 4 days off with my family

Swings and roundabouts.....

Chesty Morgan
25th Jan 2018, 09:37
So, in conclusion, pilots choose what best suits them individually and only the sad egoists have a constant need to hype their own and denigrate the others.

Odins Raven
25th Jan 2018, 11:17
Redbird1

Which long-haul outfit did you manage to get a DEC gig at, if you don’t mind me asking? Or did you choose to downgrade for lifestyle and he chance to try long-haul. I don’t think many Skippers will give up a command in their 50s unless they were fortunate enough to get in to BA long-haul at such a late stage in their careers. Glad it works for you though, as stated previously this thread only highlights the egos of individuals rather than the intention of the thread which was info on Jet2.

I did short-haul in my twenties, got bored and flew some big stuff then came back for lifestyle. Jet2 suits Captains who want regional bases and to be home most nights. Not sure about short-haul FOs as that’s not my field.

Redbird1
25th Jan 2018, 16:36
I gave up Command and I am now in Virgin , been here for around 5 years now . Hopefully I won’t bump into Snapper he doesn’t sound very pleasant.

DrinkGirls
25th Jan 2018, 19:20
Back on thread, can I ask a bit of a bone question please?
Approximately of course, what is the success rate of Jet2 NTR candidates who make it to interview/sim?
It’s costs the company a lot of cash for assessment.

whitemonk
26th Jan 2018, 12:52
While I don't have a success rate percentage for you I gather it is quite high. I myself was NTR and passed the assessment a few years ago on the same day some TR candidates did not. I have met plenty of guys who have joined from Flybe/Eastern/Loganair and on the flip side I personally know two NTR candidates who admitted to me they became overwhelmed in the sim and did not get through. It is not a difficult assessment in my opinion but the usual things like showing an ability to learn and improve is the key I think.

Johnny F@rt Pants
26th Jan 2018, 15:48
Throwaway - have you kept in touch with the recruitment team? I only ask as I know plenty of people that have completed the recruitment assessment considerably more recently than that and are now type rated and done and dusted.

Graybulls
27th Jan 2018, 11:48
zeddb

I wish there was a 'like' button!

There's so much cr*p posted here these days, to find one that isn't is quite a feat, but this is one!
We're obviously of a similar age, I had 20+ years of a wonderful long and short haul lifestyle with Monarch before the bubble burst, I'd recommend it to anyone, but would I want to do it again now?........No way, home every night and with no worries about impending ATOL licences for me these days!

Sirijus
13th May 2018, 15:57
Hello there! I'm interested in applying as a Non Type-Rated FO, does one have to pay for the TR or is it bonded and how?

Also, I'd greatly appreciate if someone could PM me some example schedules.

Thanks very much!

Flocks
31st May 2018, 09:50
Hello all.

I saw on latest pilot job network an ad for a jet2 open day in Stansted the 07th June.

I didn't find anything on the jet2 website...

Can someone confirm if there is an open day the 7th?

Thanks

rudolf
31st May 2018, 12:31
Jet2 Pilot Careers (http://www.jet2careers.com/pilots/)

Scroll down the page, '7 June 2018 - London Stansted Airport Pilot Roadhshow, Raddison Blu Hotel, London Stansted Airport, 10:00 - 17:30'

We Tu Lo
8th Jun 2018, 09:34
Out of interest, has anyone been given a start date for this years intake yet? I've seen a few posts on Linkedin of late implying peeps are joining.

blueskiesup
9th Jun 2018, 11:02
Has anyone done the new online tests?

Johnny F@rt Pants
12th Jun 2018, 08:03
The salary at ppjn is gross or net? Net??? You wish, that's gross.

Lifestyle - 737 line pilots are fairly quiet in the winter months but there are some exceptions, and in the summer expect to work hard. Days off per month is 10-12. Standby duties per month depend on the month in question, in the winter quite a lot, in the summer much fewer, 1 or 2 ish.

ScouseGeordie
12th Jun 2018, 09:05
Fewer stanby duties in the summer? Surely that’s when you need the cover - for when things start going wrong like ATC delays and so on. Without stanby’s how does the company recover the service?

GKOC41
12th Jun 2018, 14:37
Fewer stanby duties in the summer? Surely that’s when you need the cover - for when things start going wrong like ATC delays and so on. Without stanby’s how does the company recover the service?
ScouseGeordie - Aircrew are expensive assets so you can never have enough standby cover. These days Airlines in general have more standby's than "the good old days" because of the EU Comp rules. The best way to manage it however is give crews a big wad of cash to fly on their days off (which is cheaper than subchartering an aircraft)
Switched on Airlines like Thomson worked out many many years ago that a Pilot who sells his day off can cover morning, afternoon and night flights whereas if not you need 3 crew on standby then a few more to cover every "what if" scenario that the Airlines Commercial and Ops folk will come up with. #justsaying if Phil Ward is reading this...

Johnny F@rt Pants
13th Jun 2018, 14:04
The only night stops that have just started are 3 sector days out of STN where they might stop in PMI.

In the winter there are ad hoc charters that sometimes involve nights away.

Other than that, there are no planned nightstops.

Deano777
3rd Jul 2018, 09:49
Agree, you might want to delete that comment as they monitor this forum quite alot. I've found jet2 to be nothing but professional, infact very professional, they are up there with the best of them.

Stjuk
11th Feb 2019, 08:57
Anyone able to answer a few questions about PMI base 8-4 roster? First of all is it 8 months on, 4 off, or, 8 busy, 4 quiet?

Also,
Is basic pay payed all 12 month?
What are rosters like?
Take home pay for Captain?
General happiness in the company and in the base?

Thanks