PDA

View Full Version : BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

gr8tballsoffire
9th Jun 2010, 13:06
Diplome
My thoughts exactly. Could not have come at a worse time for BASSA. How are they going to argue discrimination now?

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 13:12
Gr8tbassofire:

Absolutely. BA responded swiftly and firmly. It is a positive for BA...much to BASSA's chagrin. :)

4t2b
9th Jun 2010, 14:42
We will know that Mr Walsh acknowledges his victory when he authorizes the seat sale to make up for the poor bookings that BASSA have caused over the past few months.

That will be the start of getting the company back on its feet.

Might have already started, I booked the Fall trip to Miami today and the upgrade to Club was 30% cheaper than last night !!:D

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 15:39
Lou Scannon:

Your comment..

We will know that Mr Walsh acknowledges his victory when he authorizes the seat sale to make up for the poor bookings that BASSA have caused over the past few months.

That will be the start of getting the company back on its feet.

Ask and you shall receive. From the London Evening Standard:

BA said it was slashing Club World business-class fares by up to £900 and selected first-class fares by more than £1,500 in its premium leisure sale starting tomorrow.
Mr Walsh said: "Customers can take advantage of these great discounts with confidence. We recognise that some may be concerned about the possibility of future disruption but it is our intention to keep flying 100% of our long-haul operation throughout the coming months. We will keep the flag flying

:ok:

Lou Scannon
9th Jun 2010, 16:26
Thanks for the tip...I will be booking soonest.
Just hope that I don't get any of the Bedfont martyrs on the flight!

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 16:58
Lou Scannon:

I'm also going to do a bit of perusing and try to plan a short getaway with my hubby. No time for a long adventure but a quick holiday flying first may be just the perfect little stress reliever to a busy schedule.

I wish I could find a small, tasteful lapel pin that said "Backing BA".:)

fincastle84
9th Jun 2010, 17:23
So there is to be yet another ballot & the question will be .................:confused:

Free samosas for the most amusing answer.

Neptunus Rex
9th Jun 2010, 17:32
Unless I have it wrong, it is now five hours or so since McCluskey and Livingstone were to play to the gallery at Bedfont. I cannot find any report in either of the relevant PPRuNe threads, nor in the Internet Meeja.

What happened? Did Simon, Piers and Amanda vote them off?
I think we should be told.

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 17:34
This post, and others that may follow, is directed with a SLF's point of view regarding the militants dismissal of passenger concerns. Certainly not to be construed as painting all CC with the same brush..

But.....

Do you agree to strike until BA agrees to eliminate all passengers on flights as they just get in the way and keep asking for water and stuff?

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 17:42
Do you agree to strike until the Manchester contingent have had an opportunity to sober up?

Do you agree to strike until the woman with the men's knickers appears on "What Not To Wear"?

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 17:44

Do you agree to strike until Manchester United change their name to Manchester Machismo?

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 18:08

Do you agree to strike until Katy Perry and Russell Brand split up? They just seem wrong together.

Do you agree to strike until our CEO is as cool as Richard Branson?

Do you agree to strike until Willie Walsh changes his name to something sexy like "Lance" or "Dirk" or "Optimus Prime"?

Do you agree to strike if we don't screw up this ballot?

Haymaker
9th Jun 2010, 18:24
Here is a rather different view from what we usually get from Prof. Gall and the “academics”:

Gregor Gall, professor of industrial relations at the University of Hertfordshire, says Unite's failure to secure a deal so far could feature in the contest to replace the outgoing joint general secretaries of Unite – Woodley and Derek Simpson.
"Whoever wins the general secretary election is going to head a union that has not come out with flying colours. People will ask why the biggest union in Britain has not wrapped this up with a better outcome than exists so far." With another ballot looming, Unite will have another chance to prove the doubters wrong. But BA will get another opportunity to chip away at its members' resolve.

British Airways cabin crew dispute: still no sign of a happy landing | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/jun/09/british-airways-dispute-analysis)

ExXB
9th Jun 2010, 18:34

Do you agree that this thread has outlived its usefulness, and should be moved to JetBlast? :ok:

Diplome
9th Jun 2010, 18:43
Sheesh people, I'm playing by myself here...and I obviously have too much time on my hands this evening...but finally, as the cocktail is poured..

Do you agree to strike to send Willie Walsh a message because we're sure he'll listen this time. No really...trust us.

Do you agree to strike until Staff Travel is fully reinstated to all Cabin Crew members...though we don't really use it, its trivial, it doesn't matter, don't think it makes a difference..it's not about Staff Travel..its not about that, its..its...its about our Dignity. Yeah...that's it. Our Dignity. You can take away our Bouncy Castles, you can take away our buses to fall out of, you can take away Billy Bragg (seriously..you can take him), you can take away our Willie Walsh knickers, you can rip our Willie Walsh devil faces from our innocent kiddies fingers, you can even take away our offer to sh*g loaders, but you can't take away our DIGNITY

TightSlot
9th Jun 2010, 18:44
The thread is useful as long as people wish to contribute - however it has become long and unwieldy, so I've opened a Mark II version HERE (http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/417709-ba-strike-your-thoughts-questions-ii.html).

Please continue on the new thread.