PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

sweetlady1122002
18th Dec 2008, 07:35
Hello :)

New here, I have been invited for Phase 1 at Eurocontrol, in Jan 12th, just trying to find out if there are any heading over there this Jan,

Read a lot on this forum about Eurocontrol and it sounds a great company, so hoping for the best :)

Any advise to help my chances will be greatly appreciated :)

doc_exe
18th Dec 2008, 08:14
i passed the first phase... is one of the hardest..except the interview that i failed ....
you can practice with making different test online like IQ , and try to do them really quickly ... good luck:ok::ok::ok:

classicwings
18th Dec 2008, 11:25
You should ask them for a copy of their ATCO recruitment CD which I have still got from 2000 in my application pack. Its called 'Skyscape, Your International career as and air traffic controller' with Eurocontrol. I would have thought it has been updated by now but there are some very good quizzes on there which test both your ATC knowledge and aptitude, and it gives a detailed insight into life as an ATCO with Eurocontol at Maastrict UAC. It also contains interviews/ questions with some current Eurocontrol controllers.

Well worth getting hold of before going for your selection I'd say!:):O:)

sweetlady1122002
18th Dec 2008, 11:27
Thanks Classic,

Will certainly asked them about it, as I really want the job now!

classicwings
18th Dec 2008, 11:29
Your finger is certainly on the pulse sweetlady, I hadnt even finished editing that post when you replied! P.s have you tried NATS selection?

sweetlady1122002
18th Dec 2008, 11:35
hey doc,

thx as well, :)

sweetlady1122002
18th Dec 2008, 11:38
lol!,

tried NATs, and sadly was rejected, but they were really my second choice, :)

doc_exe
18th Dec 2008, 11:43
NATS don't refund the travel costs ?:mad::mad:

sweetlady1122002
18th Dec 2008, 11:46
Sorry Doc,

They don't refund travel costs!, :), I went to Manchester for the selection and to be fair, it wasn't that costly :) since am based in London, I would have gone to the London selection however it as all booked up!, then it would have cost me nothing! well next to nothing!

doc_exe
18th Dec 2008, 12:12
nice.... but for me from moldova i must pay for air ticket about Price calculation. All taxes and charges included
Currency
EURO 1 Adult x (649.14 Fare and Taxes and charges)
649.14 Total :

and if unsuccessful:ugh::ugh::ugh:

sweetlady1122002
18th Dec 2008, 13:06
Yes, it will be very costly indeed!

Have you applied to both NATs and Eurocontrol? since they are the two that i have noticed is most written about, in most cases in a positive light, I deduct from this as them being the top companies to work for

Jagohu
18th Dec 2008, 22:15
Good luck, we need motivated people :)

sweetlady1122002
19th Dec 2008, 10:25
I will need it! reading all I can at the moment to improve my chances!:)

TC_Ukraine
21st Jan 2009, 10:09
and so?
I sent request on their ([email protected]) e-mail 8 days ago. still waiting for ID number/username to register(((

GhostUK
21st Jan 2009, 10:31
sweetlady1122002,

How much does eurocontrol charge? (if successful ofcourse)
Or is it a scholarship program as with NATS?

Moira
21st Jan 2009, 11:01
GhostUK, you can find all the info on their website (http://www.eurocontrol.int/muac/public/standard_page/atco_careers_home.html)

As to your question (taken from the website):
Remuneration during training
During their training students will be remunerated in accordance with the regulations in force. An expatriation allowance and family allowances are paid in addition if appropriate. Single students who are expatriated are paid a net sum of € 1320 per month during the first phase of training (15 weeks), € 1651 per month during the second phase (approx. 5 months) and € 2198 per month during the final phase of training. These amounts include the obligatory deductions for contributions to cover insurance against sickness, accidents and disablement as well as a contribution towards the Agency’s own pension scheme. Additionally, when called upon to work shifts, staff will be paid the appropriate shift allowances.

Erikk
21st Jan 2009, 11:05
Monthly Net Salary
-First training phase (15 weeks)
Single National 1095 Single expatriate 1307
-Second training phase (approx. 5 months)
Single National 1508 Single expatriate 1801
-Third training phase (56 weeks)
Single National 1800 Single expatriate 2151

This information can be found on
EUROCONTROL - Frequently asked questions (http://www.eurocontrol.int/muac/public/faq/jobs_faq.html#qa04)

GhostUK
21st Jan 2009, 12:02
Ok so it basically is a scholarship program with no fee's attached..?

Bah, just realised the training program is only for undergraduates and graduates. I'm just a lonely college dropout. :(

sweetlady1122002
21st Jan 2009, 12:26
Hey,

Sadly,very sadly i did not make it past the afternoon session, oh well...

what i did want to say is that if you have GCSE's maths and english grade above C ghost and you are under 25, then you have met half the minimum requirements, the next is your eye sight :)

I would advise if you really are interested you really should apply, I did not make it, but from what i can say about the company is that they sound a great company to work for and the process to getting invited for phase one was quite smooth, :)

GhostUK
21st Jan 2009, 13:07
Really??, do you think I can get in with my GCSE's? and no alevels or degree's? I have got all my GCSE's above grade C.

And since presently working as a dispensing optician, I've had more then my shares of eye examinations.

Thanks sweetlady1122002, I'll def try and apply to eurocontrol aswell.

I'm really sorry that you didnt make it thru.
Are you planning on reapplying to Nats or eurocontrol again?

Erikk
21st Jan 2009, 13:57
I am going to retake the tests later on this year. My first attempt was in december 2007 but then I've failed at phase 2. Luckily I'm able to continue at phase 2 and don't have to retake phase 1 (which I think was the hardest :bored:).

I'm really hoping about a job as ATCO @ Eurocontrol. What atracts me most is aviation in general, the responsibility, working in (night)shifts, having quit a few days off and of course a attractive salary :D.

The biggest thing I have to work on are my english language skills, so if you see some (funny) "failures" don't hestitate to slap me :ouch:.

Just wondering, are there any people who failed on their first attempt and succeeded at the the second one?

Erikk
23rd Jan 2009, 11:05
I have found some games on the Eurocontrol website. Playing these games can help you preparing yourself (a bit) on phase 1 of the Feast test. They're also fun to play....

Taken from the Eurocontrol website:
"EUROCONTROL has created a number of open e-learning courses which are available to the public without registration.

This courses intend to inform quickly in detail a great or a world wide scattered audience on air traffic management subjects of public interest (such as safety, standards, environment etc)."

EUROCONTROL - Open Courses (http://www.eurocontrol.int/ians/public/related_links/elearning.html#rl2)

GhostUK
26th Jan 2009, 15:11
Bah, they wornt let me even sign up.

Unfortunately you are above the age limit for the student air traffic control selection at EUROCONTROL. This age limit is strictly applied.

The conditions on eurocontrol site states: you must be under 25 years old.

I am.. however the .pdf conditions goes on in depth to say

Not yet be 25 years of age on 1 October 2009.

My birthday is September
BAH :(

Anyways fingers crossed for NATS.

[EDIT] Heres the biggest kick in the ####'s
Conditions updated 01-01-2009
If I had applied last month, then I would of been eligible since the previous date was not be 25 years of age on 1 October 2008...

GhostUK
29th Jan 2009, 08:41
Anyone know if I were to lie about my DOB on the inital email to get onto registration stage... do you think there is any chance I could get thru? (keeping in mind I am 1 month too old to their policy, and the policy was only updated in Jan 09 so if I had applied last month I would of gotten thru to S1)

Erikk
29th Jan 2009, 09:40
I can imagine you will be very disapointed :\ but I don't think lying about your date of birth will help you. Sooner or later they will check your age and they'll find out you've lied about it.

I would advise you to contact the recruitement office to discuss the age limitation.

I was born on the 15th of oct (1984), thanks god I'm just within the age restriction...:oh:

Lon More
29th Jan 2009, 12:07
Ghost, you could try pleading your case to HR at Maastricht. It really depends on how high your chances look on paper, also how many applicants there are. You could always write a letter stating the fact that you have fallen through the net this time, but that should the policy revert to the old one, you would wish to be considered.
Lying about your age is a definite no-no. It would be found out straight-away and would result in your application going directly into File 13.

Good luck to you all. MUAC is a great place to work, despite the quirks and vagaries of management.

rossbrereton18
1st Feb 2009, 20:10
I applied for Eurocontrol to start on their summer course when i would be 18, however i was unsuccessful and still dont know why, i dnt know whether it was my age as it doesnt actually state how old u have to be as long as you are under 25 :S had to go through some nasty eye test where they blow something in your eye! made me jump! Im applying for NATS in march when i do become 18, fingers crossed :)

Lon More
4th Feb 2009, 16:06
some nasty eye test where they blow something in your eye! made me jump

Something you can expect at every eye exam later on.

GhostUK
4th Feb 2009, 16:18
I'm a dispensing optician at present. Thats only required for people with a history of glaucoma, or at risk. Wouldnt really accept it for someone at that age. Usually 40+

Moira
4th Feb 2009, 17:09
GhostUK

It is required by Eurocontrol, as a part of the medical paperwork you have to provide upon applying, so I'm afraid there is no "I wouldn't accept it" ... :=

GhostUK
5th Feb 2009, 09:53
I'm not disputing that in the least. I'm just saying that opthalmically that procedure is pointless on someone so young.

BTW has anyone ever issued a complaint against eurocontrol for age descrimination? Nats age limit was raised to 36 now (I think), what is the basis of eurocontrol's age limit being so low?

Erikk
6th Feb 2009, 11:01
As far as I know their reason for the age limitation of 25 is the fact that they noticed there was a higher failure rate between elderly people. Why they choose 25 as their limit... I don't know.

When I called Eurocontrol to receive feedback on my previous test I asked if there would be any difference in the tests for me because I'm just within the age bracket. They told me that the phase 2 test which I'll have to retake will be the same but the interview will be harder.....

Lon More
7th Feb 2009, 09:32
The age limits for Eurocontrol are not set in stone.
Younger people do have a higher success rate, however, should the number of applicants start to drop off then the age range would be widened again.

Don't forget, the retirement age is 55. Starting at 36, taking , say, 3 years from start to finish of training, only leaves 16 years of working life. Not a very good return on a considerable investment.

Re the eye test. The initial medical is pretty comprehensive. IIRC I was told that the pressure test, and a number of other things only occur annually above a certain age. It's not painful and the effects of the eye drops wear off within a short period of time

GhostUK
7th Feb 2009, 13:47
Thats not really what eurocontrol said to me:
Unfortunately you are above the age limit for the student air traffic control selection at EUROCONTROL. This age limit is strictly applied. Thank you for your interest in the EUROCONTROL organisation and the competition for Student Air Traffic Controller.
Taken from the email sent to me. Keep in mind I am currently below 25, and only a month over there accepted policy age. *Be under 25 by the 1st October 2009*

The drops are for something completely different to the (air blow test) used for taking pressures. I'm guessing the drops you are referring to are for dialating the individual.

Which is fairgame... eurocontrol can choose to proform whatever test they deem fit for sponsorship (its there money after all).. even if that test is pointless to the field of career e.g. sperm count, knowledge of pokemon, cage combat skills etc.

Russell Bell
7th Feb 2009, 14:11
im 25 at the end of the year so i just qualify.

ive been given the log in details, just need to fill the online application now. :ugh:

GhostUK
7th Feb 2009, 14:32
I wish you all the best mate.

Potential.
27th Feb 2009, 01:37
Have you managed to figure any way around it yet Ghost?
You seem like a good guy shame if a month stopped you.

dbmartin
22nd Mar 2009, 20:49
Hi! I'm thinkg about applying for Eurocontrol, and on the website I've found that after the medical examination you have to 'sign an undertaking to complete the training programme and work for at least 4 years for EUROCONTROL as an air traffic controller'

Does anyone know when do you sign this undertaking? I mean, just after the medical examinations, or just before the start of the course?

I've read that you have to pay a fine if you resign. I guess it should be the sum of the allowances you have recieved or something like that, am I right?

Thank you in advance.

Jagohu
23rd Mar 2009, 22:09
dbmartin: it's actually somewhere in between. After you've passed your medical, you'll get a nice mail with the contract from EC - you sign it and return it along with the requested documents. A bit later you'll get the invitation for the training.

As for your other question, let me quote:
"In the even of the Student Air Traffic Controller unilaterally breaking this agreement, he/she may be called upon to pay the Agency, by way of indemnity, all or part of the costs borne by EUROCONTROL in respect of the periods of instruction and probation."
Anyway, if you're doing well on the training, you wouldn't wanna do that, believe me :)

dbmartin
24th Mar 2009, 22:50
Thank you for your response. My biggest concern is about the weather and lifestyle. I'm used to sunny Spain and I don't know how much the lack of sun and outdoor life could affect me.

Moira
25th Mar 2009, 18:55
As far as I know there are several Spanish Maastricht controllers on PPRuNe, they may be able to give you an answer about the difference in lifestyle (posting on the 'Spanish' part of the forum might trigger a more specific response). Looking out of the window I have to admit the weather could be ... well ... somewhat of an issue ... :\

Tchocky
15th Apr 2009, 16:01
Going over for phase 1 on Monday, just got my invite this morning.

Anyone else?

djnick007
15th Apr 2009, 22:05
You lack just as much sun in the Netherlands as you do in the UK, seems to be a problem which is hard to get away from! Unless you apply for Aena in Spain that is... ;)

Paulinec
16th Apr 2009, 12:53
I'm also going to phase 1 on Monday!!!
Nice to see I won't be alone :uhoh:

piqla
19th Apr 2009, 23:39
We will be happy if you share some experiences after the big day :] Good luck!

Lon More
20th Apr 2009, 09:01
Should be no complaints about the weather this morning.

EHBK 200855Z AUTO 33004KT 290V010 6000NDV HZ NCD 14/09 Q1024 BECMG 8000

TAF EHBK 200429Z 2006/2112 VRB02KT 7000 BR NSC
BECMG 2006/2007 CAVOK
BECMG 2008/2011 03008KT SCT035
BECMG 2019/2022 02004KT CAVOK

Good luck

Tchocky
20th Apr 2009, 22:36
Both of us made it to the afternoon session.

Should know by this time tomorrow.

Paulinec
21st Apr 2009, 14:57
Just got the result by mail : I passed it!!!
:O

But I don't know how many from the yesterday selection did...

Tchocky
21st Apr 2009, 15:46
I also passed :)

I guess I'll be seeing you again :)

piqla
21st Apr 2009, 16:06
Heeeeeey guys, congrats. Can you share with us some behind-the-scene info or experiences or anything like that? yeah i know read the wikipedia article but please... i'm going to write the feast in may so i'd be happy getting any plus information.
it was easy? it was easy but long? how about the cube test? did you have time to practice the exercises before it started?
cheers

Moira
21st Apr 2009, 17:06
Congrats both of you!!! :ok:

Paulinec
22nd Apr 2009, 07:05
Hello!!

I don't have much to say that is not already in the forum...
It wasn't easy but it was fun so don't worry and just try to be in shape...

The test of the cubes need a lot of reflexion but not more than the other tests so it's perfectly feasable!!

Instructions are really well explained and you always have some training before the real test to really understand what you'll have to do...

Good luck!
Pauline

bartkobe
23rd Apr 2009, 14:04
Hey guys,

I have just found out that I have been invited for Stage 2 @ Eurocontrol :ok::ok:

I was just posting to see if anyone had any hints and tips, or experiences - of the Stage 2 assessment.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Tchocky
23rd Apr 2009, 14:09
Phase 2 on the 5th May, just got the invite documents now.
Hope I can get the time off work.

Has anyone had experience with postponing/deferring a phase 2 testing?
I don't want to do that but it may be necessary :/

piqla
23rd Apr 2009, 14:53
Hey Tchocky i sent you a private message yesterday :(

Moira
23rd Apr 2009, 18:58
Tchocky, just give them a ring, no harm in asking!

golf86
25th Apr 2009, 12:14
hey all,
I am just curious how often the stage 1 selection tests occur? I see candidates were invited recently to take the tests. when will the next testing occur or is testing a regular occurance?
cheers.

Roskoof
25th Apr 2009, 22:38
Hey everyone I also have been invited to phase 2 on the 6th of may, does anyone had done that, what we gona do there, they say in the email something of flight plan...(???) are we gona fill an 1801 doc?? or trace a route anyway congrats to everyone that passed to phase 2 at the 20th of april.

Donnyboy
26th Apr 2009, 21:59
Hey everyone, Can I ask, how long was it after you completed your online application and sent details of your school qualifications that eurocontrol got back to you about an interview?

golf86
27th Apr 2009, 11:42
Donnyboy,
they will then ask you to go for a full eye examination with your own optician and once you forward them the results of this then they will further assess your application.

Donnyboy
27th Apr 2009, 17:58
Thanks.

There was a slight delay but was due to a problem with my attached school certificate. Just heard from them there.

andreagutierrez
28th Apr 2009, 19:33
Hi im new in the forum. I have a question about the studies that I need. I am from Spain and I have Secondary School I think in England is 5 GCSEs and in America is grade 10. Is that enough to apply?

Thanks in advance.

Eray1986
3rd May 2009, 10:00
hello to all,
I will be applying to Eurocontrol on Monday (already completed the application form). Does anybody have an idea on when the next invitations are going to be? thank you in advance, have a nice day! :)

barreiratiago
6th May 2009, 08:15
Hi!

I'm going to take the first phase test on May 27th! Do you have any tips for me? We only have to make those IQ tests? what king of tests should i expect?

Good luck all!

Eray1986
6th May 2009, 15:52
hey tiago..

When did you send your application form? coz i will send mine today or tomorrow, maybe we ll be there together at the same time :)

at the first stage you ll have to pass the FEAST test, thats what i understood from the previous posters. heres the link, check it out and you ll have an idea..

FEAST test - Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEAST_test)

enjoy ur day :)

piqla
15th May 2009, 10:49
i failed on stage 2 :(

what should i do now? that was the first time when i really believed in myself and i thought that i can do it.
what should i do now if i want to be an air traffic controller? i can't repeat it at Maastricht, cause two years from now i will be over 25. nats... there are thousand of people who try to make their own career as atco and they're native english person but me... i'm not english. i'm just so sad :(

sirinx
15th May 2009, 11:19
Piqla: try NATS, there's nothing to lose and I don't think being English is that much of an advantage. Btw, why didn't you try your local ATS provider first?

piqla
15th May 2009, 11:25
At the provider of my country's airspace there is only one chance, so i can't repeat it :(

(and in a silent way i have to mention it i'm not an english expert so i guess i would be kicked out at the interview process if not before.)

sirinx
15th May 2009, 11:37
Piqla, you got a PM. By the way, just recently I was watching a young British guy talking on a TV show... and it was not "hard to understand", as British English sometimes is to my untrained ears. It was not English AT ALL! I did not get a word of it, literally. I hope they wouldn't let SUCH people do ATC :)

tow-bar
15th May 2009, 12:18
Some people from former USSR work in EUROCONTROL. As far as I know they are not so competent and their English is awful. I am interested how they can work there and what they do in EUROCONTROL. Are there any comments?

Moira
15th May 2009, 13:11
tow-bar
As far as I know they are not so competent and their English is awfulWonder where you got that 'knowledge'? Ever met any of them? Or perhaps ... no ... really ... you wouldn't say such things just from hearsay ... would you? :ugh::E

sv8564
17th May 2009, 18:49
hi...
i was wondering if someone could please inform me more about the selection process...I have looked on the website and it seems that they do all of the tests of the 1st day? is this right? and then if you pass the 1st day...all you have is a medical and thats it!!

levelD
18th May 2009, 07:22
Come on , tow-bar , where are you ? Don't be shy:E

One of those wannabees that will never be , are you?

tow-bar
19th May 2009, 11:40
No, guys, I didn't want to offend anybody. And I didn't mean people from Baltic states. I met many of them and for compairson - ATCOs from southern countries had a lot of problems with porcedures and English.

Lon More
19th May 2009, 12:14
Tow-Bar; Eurocontrol is composed of 38 member states. Some of these are parts of the former USSR so in that you are correct. However there is a minimum standard of fluency in English for those wishing to get into ATC. If this is not met, no chance. Competence is checked all the way through, initially at IANS, later at Maastricht by the Training Section and Ops. Staff. To imply, as you do, that incompetents get through is an insult to a group of very hard working, dedicated professionals.

Michelley85
23rd May 2009, 18:02
Hey, so I have sent my application form and exam certificates across to Eurocontrol. Just wondering, do they tend to say yes to everybody, like NATS do, to sit the first stage of selection? Or do they actually weed people out straight away?

Thanks!

Jagohu
24th May 2009, 16:09
piqla: as far as I remember the thing about the FEAST test was, that you're not allowed to take it for a second time if you've failed it at another organization, so you had two chances already, good for you.

Anyway if you say your English is not that good - which might be one of the reasons you didn't pass phase 2 - maybe you should just go brush up on it a little bit (ie. INTERNATIONAL HOUSE Nyelviskola (http://www.ih.hu)) and give it another try at some other place - like Austrocontrol, DFS (Germany)... There're plenty of places all around Europe now and they're all looking for controllers... I know a few people from HC who actually went for a conversion to Karlsruhe and there are some guys who applied as ab-initios as well, so there you go - but first of all make sure that your English is good enough, because you can be as good as hell in all the tests, the language you speak every day, the language you'll learn all the things about the job is English...
Sok szerencset es sok sikert! ;)

Eray1986
25th May 2009, 06:34
Hello everybody and a good day.. I've got a question, I've sent my application form and diplomas to Eurocontrol on last Monday (18th of May), but still haven't heard from them. Is this normal? :confused: or, how long does it take to get a reply? Thank you very much in advance. :)

Lon More
25th May 2009, 10:46
Is this normal?

Don't forget Thursday was a Public Holiday. Many people would also take Friday off as well

Tchocky
25th May 2009, 10:52
It took the guts of a week to get a response to my initial application earlier this year, so I wouldn't worry.
Pending medical I'll be starting training in Vienna early November :)

piqla
25th May 2009, 11:38
So i guess you're speaking german very well. Or in Austria the training is in English?

ollien25
27th May 2009, 11:03
Hi all,

Got my phase 1 in Maastricht this week, for those who were wondering, took them about a week from online application to asking for diplomas, then a week after I sent my diplomas for the eye test request. Then just a couple of days till the invite.

I was hoping someone could give me a breakdown of what to expect, what happens in the morning session? and what happens in the afternoon?

Many Thanks,

Ollie

barreiratiago
4th Jun 2009, 11:45
Hey!

I'm taking the 1st phase on the 22nd of june!

Can you tell some questions you got in the 1st phase?

Regards

piqla
4th Jun 2009, 19:42
at the first part of the feast you won't get any question, you will get exercises and tasks!:ok:

DaveRave
5th Jun 2009, 15:19
Hi,

Ye im also heading out on the 22nd for phase 1,kinda exciting!!!
would be a great job!

If anyone has any info on the sort of questions and tests that go on let me know!

Cheers!!:D

PA22
5th Jun 2009, 22:05
When applying for Eurocontrol, once the application form is submitted and certificates e-mailed off to them, how long would you expect to wait before hearing something ref' whether or not you'll be invited to Maastricht? Its now been three weeks and i've not heard anything which has me slightly concerned that there may have been a problem.

Lon More
6th Jun 2009, 10:54
Try asking

Phone : +31 43 366 2017
Phone : +31 43 366 1318

ollien25
12th Jun 2009, 12:54
I've just been invited to begin my ATC training with Eurocontrol (pending a medical) in March next year.

My advise to those who are going to phase 1 is to take a look at this link about the feast test. You can't really do any preperation because it is all about your natural ability and reactions. Just make sure you get a good nights sleep and are fully focussed.

FEAST test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEAST_test)

Phase 2 - they look at you as a person rather than just test results. You will need to do a small presentation on a task they provide and see how well you work in a team in a group discussion. Again no preperation is needed. English will be assessed.

Phase 3 - Final Interview - Prepare for this like you would any other interview - research the company and the role.

Ollie

Eray1986
12th Jun 2009, 21:50
Hello Ladies and Gents..
I did my visual performance test today, and have a question.
On the Eurocontrol website, i found this;
Distant visual acuity, after correction if
necessary, shall be 7/10 (6/9) or better in
each eye separately using Snellen charts (or
equivalent) under appropriate illumination and
binocular visual acuity shall be 10/10 (6/6) or
better.

I got 6/10 for the right eye.

On the Certificate of visiual Performance, beneath the Visual activity section - where the doctor wrote 6/10 etc.. - there is a part called "cc:"
Does this mean after correction? if so i get 10/10 which is acceptable.. i am really nervous about this and this is the only place i can ask.. any help would be appreciated!
Thank you in advance,

Kind regards

PJNewlands
15th Jun 2009, 14:04
Hi there everyone. I'm new to the forums but I'm flying out to Maastricht and taking my first stage test on the 22nd June.

I've been told that there are two parts to this first stage, and you'll only be able to take the afternoon stage after passing the morning stage, does anyone have any information on what these two stages are like?

Also, does anyone have any information on Eurocontrol itself, like how many people they employ, what their history is like, stuff like that?

Sorry to ask so many questions right off the bat but I'm having real trouble finding any info elsewhere.

millerman
15th Jun 2009, 21:46
PJNewlands

Try doing a search, either on this forum or the internet in general.
You could even try reading the previous posts:ugh: I don't think initiative is your strongest skill:(

mjt3
15th Jun 2009, 22:51
there's also a list of similar threads linked at the bottom of the page.
gl with the tests! ;)

Eray1986
16th Jun 2009, 11:51
hello,

Is there anybody heading over to Maastricht on the 26th June for the phase 1 test?? I have been invited for the 26th and would be nice to see others heading then :)

PJNewlands
16th Jun 2009, 14:35
Well aren't you just charming Millerman?

I'm sure I never would have thought of doing those basic checks without your help, oh how I was lost but now am found, thank you so much mister shepherd.

Having used these options, I've found the basic outline for the day of my tests, but I haven't had any specifics yet, which is what I was looking for.

mjt3, thanks for your help and good wishes, it's appreciated. If you (Millerman) and wondering why I'm thanking him and not you, it's because he isn't, shall we say, socially disadvantaged.

EDIT: Nah, this was uncalled for, I'm sure you were just trying to help but went about it badly. I take it back.

millerman
16th Jun 2009, 21:37
PJNewlands,
Maybe I was a bit harsh, but when the answers to all your questions are in this thread and there are even 2 HR phone numbers on here that you can ring and ask for any information about Eurocontrol that you will ever need, but you haven't bothered to read the previous posts, then why should anyone answer your questions properly ???
I am glad that now I am part of the training section here in Maastricht that I have good shepherding skills but we try not to spoon feed trainees here.
By the way I will try to keep my social disadvantages out of your interview - if you get that far:)

PJNewlands
17th Jun 2009, 00:24
To be fair there Millerman, I have read through all the posts in this thread, I've also read the "Eurocontrol Phase 1 - Any advice?" and "Eurocontrol Phase 1 Testing" threads. The answers they gave were not what I was looking for. They are helpful in saying what test will be used (The FEAST test, which I already knew) and how the day will be set out (morning session that will have to be passed to go onto the afternoon session - also known previously) as well as good tips for the day.

What sort of information I was looking for, and admittedly did not make clear, was the specifics of the day which I can't seem to find information about. I was hoping to find out how the FEAST test would be divided between the morning and afternoon sessions, as it's been said that it was to be used for both, as well as how the transition between morning and afternoon sessions would take place. I haven't been able to find the answers to these particular questions within this thread or the others I've looked at.

I am sorry to say that I did not see the two HR phone numbers to which you are referring, so I will find them and utilise them to try to find my answers.

I do apologise to you for misjudging you and your words as cynical when you were trying to help and the failure of communication was mine.

piqla
17th Jun 2009, 09:33
i'd be happy to help you and sharing my experiences but i think (although my country's provider is the member of the eurocontrol too) the schedule of the day is different than in Maastricht.

Fabertad
19th Jun 2009, 19:44
I have been invited to phase 1 test on June 26th.
I will do my best and hope to pass to phase 2.
Then a short idea about the selection process: I think it should not worry anybody because it's just a way to assess if an applicant has the prerequisites to become a good air traffic controller.
Obviously I hope to have success!

Lon More
19th Jun 2009, 20:35
I did not see the two HR phone numbers to which you are referring,

Not a very good comment on your powers of observation. See post 87.

renegade23
23rd Jun 2009, 16:40
I am also invited to Phase I on Friday, 26th June... :)

PJNewlands
25th Jun 2009, 18:10
Well I'm back from the first stage of testing, it was quite enjoyable all things considered. Should hear how I did next week sometime.

dazpoo23
25th Jun 2009, 19:26
I'm quite intrigued about working for Eurocontrol, im currently halfway through NATS selection process and just awaiting stage three. However I would love to do atc in maastricht. My main concern though is im quite unfamiliar with the german language and was wondering how much of a hinderence/problem this would be.
Since atc rt is in english i feel that would be benefit but to al those others applying how many are fluent german speakers?

Moira
26th Jun 2009, 07:53
The Eurocontrol centre is located near Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Working language is English. If you look at their website the only language requirement for the job is to 'have a good command of English, the international language of aviation'.

Eurocontrol employs controllers from all over its member states, and most of them don't speak any Dutch when they apply. Everyday life is of course somewhat easier if you have/acquire some basic knowledge of the language, but then again many people around here speak/understand several other languages.

Edit: Since Dutch is my mother tongue I may not be your best source of information if you need to know about possible language problems ...

Eray1986
29th Jun 2009, 11:22
hello people,
Was in Maastricht on friday for the first phase, and passed it so all good :)
My question is what to expect on phase 2? i read that there is going to be a task given and they will look at your skills such as organisation teamwork etc.. Could anyone give me more info please? Would really appriciate it! Thank you in advance,

Eray

Fabertad
29th Jun 2009, 14:18
Hello to everybody and to you Eray,
I passed phase 1 too, and I am happy about this.
I have just received invitation to phase 2, and I still need to read the documents attached.
About phase 2 I know some information retrieved on the web.
If those info are correct we will listen to a lesson about flight plans and then everybody will have to prepare a flight plan and discuss it. Then the entire group of applicants will prepare another flight plan, working together.
Those positively assessed will have the interview the next morning, something like a tipical job interview with different kind of questions.

See you at phase 2 in Maastricht.

Fabrizio

dazpoo23
30th Jun 2009, 11:10
In regards to eurocontrols request for;
"leaving diplomas (including secondary education)"

does this refer to all examination result sheets (A level and GCSE)? As im not too sure of any other certification i have regarding this.

Fabertad
30th Jun 2009, 12:55
Just send them the copies of High school diplomas and, if you have completed university level studies or any other post-secondary education course, send them that diploma/degree too.

Aeroporto
4th Aug 2009, 11:04
Hello everyone!
I am new at the forum and I have some doubts and I would like to know if any of you could help me.

I am applying for ATCO in Eurocontrol in Maastricht and in my country. Both of them use Feast test. Following your suggestions in other posts I have read wikipedia information on this test but these two information seem contradictory.

"According to the rules of Eurocontrol, unsuccessful applicants must wait 2 years before a second attempt."
"(...) Eurocontrol sets the priority of the FEAST test on basic skills. Additionally, unlike some other national air traffic control organisations, multiple attempts are possible."

Other countries need to make their applicants wait two years to repeat the test but Eurocontrol doesn't`? Is this right?
I am asking because I am going to be 24 in a few days and I can't risk failing and then not be allowed to repeat the test in the two years after once the age limit is 25.
What if I fail the test in my country can I take it in Eurocontrol again?

Another question is if Eurocontrol ATCO when they finish their training have to stay in Maastricht or are they placed along Europe?

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers

captain747_747
4th Aug 2009, 12:11
Every ATCO at eurocontrol works at Maastricht. No choice, no any other place

DIAF
5th Aug 2009, 11:59
I tested at Eurocontrol when I was 24. Got past all the stages and to the face to face interview. In the end I was not selected and had no other possibilities with them. It's sad because I was really excited about possibly working for them.

captain747_747
5th Aug 2009, 13:21
Can you tell us what went wrong at the face to face interview ? Did you get a kind of feedback ?

I really though that when you reach this step it is pretty sure you succeed...

what was your background at this time ?

thank you for your interesting feedback

Lon More
6th Aug 2009, 14:33
Every ATCO at eurocontrol works at Maastricht. No choice, no any other place

Not 100% correct. it is also possible to work in Brussel, Luxembourg or Bretigny after qualifying. Once aquired the skills can be put to use in other departments of Eurocontrol. This can be a temporary or permanent move.

I really though that when you reach this step it is pretty sure you succeed...

This is the real stumbling block for many candidates. At least one member of the board will be a controller who wil be assessing how you will function as a team member, your dedication, even the way your mind works. There's very little you can do to prepare for this except learning that when you have dug yourself a hole it is time to stop digging further.

captain747_747
11th Aug 2009, 10:03
are ATCO at eurocontrol paid on 12 or 13th month ?

Are there some extra money ? (vacation pay, 13th month or smthg ?)

thank

WhatMeanPullUp
11th Aug 2009, 22:32
All ATCO cadets that go through the training for Eurocontrol are trained in Luxembourg and are posted to Maastricht, period. Of course in later years you can go to other parts of the agency but the same can be said that once you are valid you can move on to other companies in different countries to ply your trade. The salary is monthly, no bonuses that I am aware of.

captain747_747
12th Aug 2009, 06:37
and do you have an idea of the salary of an ATCO expat on 12 months ?

WhatMeanPullUp
12th Aug 2009, 11:59
If you mean whilst studying as a cadet, they get paid somewhere around 1200-1500 euros per month I think. I am sure an ex-student from Luxembourg could confirm or deny this.

As for being a valid controller, the chances of getting into Maastricht are slim to nil, they have only taken experienced ATCOs from other units a couple of times in the last 10 years, salary is good though. I have not worked there but believe it is around 7-8K per month, it will depend on experience etc but again, perhaps a Maastricht Controller could clarify this.

Cheers

Moira
12th Aug 2009, 16:50
All ATCO cadets that go through the training for Eurocontrol are trained in Luxembourg and are posted to Maastricht

Not always Luxembourg. Some are going through training at the DFS campus in Langen-Frankfurt at the moment.

BeT
13th Aug 2009, 07:53
It is the long term plan to stop training in Luxembourg, so they are sending trainees to Langen, Brussels, Sky Guide, LVNL etc on a rotational basis so get an idea of which places is best for a permanent move.

Salary is 12-1500 per month as a basic trainee plus the one-off allowances which total about 4.5k €

Salary increases if you make the transfer to Maastricht to around 2k €. During the final stage of training it is about 3.6k € (including shift and expat allowances). With one licence around 4.900€ and with the second validation just over 6000€

On completion of the first and second validations you receive 'bonuses' of around 8-10000€ each time, depending on your living situation.

There is a yearly backpay, worth between 800-2000€ depending on your grade and also a yearly travel expenses worth anything between 20-2000€ depending on where you where recruited from.

Ex-pat controllers are also entitled to a tax-free Dutch plated car and various other fringe benefits that mostly are NOT taken advantage of due to paperwork!

The FEAST test is basically to make sure that you have a brain in your head, but it is the one-on-one interview that really decides the outcome - DO NOT enter this interview thinking that you have got the job, otherwise you are probably in for a shock.

Eurocontrol are still recruiting 3 courses of Ab-initio students per year, totalling around 40-60 people per year - they also have recently taken experienced conversion controllers.

The failure rate is HIGH even from those who successfully passed the recruitment process - i'd say about 30% of those who start in Luxembourg make it to full validation - they even recently failed a couple of conversion controllers :ooh:

Good luck with it, as I think you will need it - but if it works out its definately worth it :cool:

captain747_747
13th Aug 2009, 10:16
Thank you for all your information !!

excuse me ? 30% of success rate ? they write 40% of FAILURE rate on their website.

Are you an ex ab-inition cadet ?

What is a typical career path ? Where are you in it ?

what is your typical day ?

WhatMeanPullUp
13th Aug 2009, 13:51
Yes, you are correct, Eurocontrol do send students to other ATS providers for training, they were trained exclusively in Luxembourg when I was there.

Failure rate is more like 75%, 40% failure rate means a 60% pass rate! what a joke! My last course involvement had 14 students start, 6 are left and are still training, you do the maths....

Tchocky
13th Aug 2009, 18:30
Eurocontrol do indeed train at other sites, I'm starting in November at Austrocontrol, then moving to Luxembourg. Will advise on pass rate :P

Salary is 12-1500 per month as a basic trainee plus the one-off allowances which total about 4.5k €

What are the allowances? I've heard nothing about these :ooh:

DiCampo
13th Aug 2009, 20:05
The first two months or something like that, we got a daily allowance to cover costs of moving and stuff like that. But this was 2 years ago, where we did the whole basic course in Luxembourg.

I'm not sure what the situation is now, but I think that during the theoretical phase of the institutional phase Eurocontrol puts you up in a hotel and pays that.
On moving to Maastricht, you get moving allowance again.

DIAF
14th Aug 2009, 08:48
Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, I think I didn't get the spot after the face to face interview because I had just recently moved to Europe. That is my best guess as I felt I did quite well in the interview. I passed the NATS interview so I think that was the reason back then.

captain747_747
14th Aug 2009, 12:02
can you mention the reasons why so many fail ?

Are people to stressed at the micro ? Is it too difficult to manage everything ?
Are instructors/examinators so hard ?

Can you explain a little bit please ? It is so strange a so high failure rate (and so frightening ;-) )

is there a kind of profile that fail more ? or have more success ? (eg engineer, pilot, ...) or is it case by case ?

dimdelu
14th Aug 2009, 13:00
in case of failure, is there a pay compensation ?

captain747_747
18th Aug 2009, 06:12
someone to answer ?

Lon More
18th Aug 2009, 11:28
I don't think things have changed much but the biggest reasons for failure era still probably lack of ability. commitment and the fear of live traffic. This won't necessarily come out at IANS or in the Sim but only when actual OJT has started. It is possible to some extent to BS your way through the initial phase. It is rumoured that one or two have made it through by sleeping with an instructor:eek:
OJT coaches might sometimes seem harsh - however don't forget. you are working on his/her Certificate of Competency and he/she may step in at any time and take over. If this happens too often you are heading for the chop. You are continually being assessed and your progress. or lack of it, will be discussed at least once a month by the OJT coaches and team Training Officer. The decision to terminate training will not be taken lightly. You will be briefed on your shortcomings, a change of OJT Coach, even of team. may be considered and tried before the dreaded day comes.

in case of failure, is there a pay compensation ?

Why should there be? You failed, not Eurocontrol.

As usual. read the Eurocontrol website for info on salaries and shift working hours

captain747_747
18th Aug 2009, 13:26
at you mind, what are the main qualities to have to be successful in the formation ?

Lon More
18th Aug 2009, 14:44
I presume you mean during training?

Aptitude - without this forget it. Do something easy. like becoming a pilot
Aptitude - again
Study - some of it is boring and after passing the exam may be of little relevance to the rest of your career
Luck - a boxload of this is always useful

BeT
18th Aug 2009, 15:49
I think if you are chopped before getting your first validation you get back the contributions you made to the pension scheme and over a 2yr period that could be a decent wedge.

The main reasons for failure are lack of skills, attitude failure and in a few cases general immaturity - usually its a combination of these three.

The sector where I work has very committed training staff who will bend over backwards to get you to the final goal as long as the traine shows a willingness to learn and a good attitude. An attitude failure in more cases than not will lead to a career failure.

captain747_747
19th Aug 2009, 10:32
Thank you a lot for your answers. But I am wondering what you mean by "aptitude" ?
What kind of aptitude is completly necessary to be ATCO ? Multitasking ? Speaking performances ? Virtual 3D vision ? taking decisions ?

Can you explain what is so difficult to learn ? For example, you meant it is more difficult to be ATCO than airliners pilot. Why ? I though flying in 3D and multitasking in flight was pretty complicated (I just have a PPL).

For example, can you explain what is the typical difficulties for you to make you job ?

Moira
19th Aug 2009, 16:53
Unexpected situations. :E

Honest, captain747_747, I understand you want to be prepared but chill a bit, you can't prepare for everything!!!
Same thing for the job itself I'm afraid ...

mjt3
20th Aug 2009, 00:23
as an aside, are the medical examinations done around the time of the interviews, or closer to the start of training?

Tchocky
20th Aug 2009, 09:22
I had my interview around the end of April/beginning of May, and had the medical in July. Start training in November. But then again there are people starting training with me who had the medical sooner.
So, there's nothing set in stone :)

Lon More
20th Aug 2009, 11:27
Moira is correct. You cannot prepare for everything

During the interview it's common to move on quickly to another subject ifyou are well clued up on one. For two main reasons; to asses the breadth of yur knowledge and to throw you off balance.

Nothing in the job is predictable, even before you start:{

mportman
23rd Aug 2009, 16:37
very interesting condition at eurocontrol. Think to move there. is it possible to get a company car as supervisor like at NATS ?
on the top of this salary, what are the fringe benefits ? (meal voucher, company car, ...)
seems to be the best of europe...

Hotel Tango
23rd Aug 2009, 16:55
Company car? Meal voucher? You won't need them!

mportman
23rd Aug 2009, 17:16
what do u mean ? Too high salary ?

Avman
24th Aug 2009, 14:58
Do NATS supervisors really get company cars?

No such thing as too high a salary. If you're paid a decent salary, you don't need extra perks.

Lon More
24th Aug 2009, 18:26
what are the fringe benefits ? (meal voucher, company car, ...)

Provide your own meal vouchers. They're called Euros
Company (in the) car - aka sharing the drive.

Other perks? You get the choice of the mile-long hike to the canteen on breaks or going upstairs to watch the latest 747 off the runway incident:ugh:

emilb
25th Aug 2009, 05:39
hi everybody ..!!! in a few weeks i got FEAST test , first phase, somebody can give some information , some advices..etc ,thanks a lot ..!!

Lon More
25th Aug 2009, 10:08
Try using the search function here (http://www.pprune.org/search.php). It's been covered many times before.

Tchocky
26th Aug 2009, 13:08
Aye, many a time. I remember how anxious I was for information before the tests, but it's all here somewhere. :ok:

Chucheria
26th Aug 2009, 14:12
Hello everybody! First of all, good luck to everybody who takes FEAST this month :)!

Anyway, have you taken any classes before the test or it is possible to pass without any training? I guess so, it's just natural skills but...
Well, I have another question, is there any deadline to apply? I just saw curses dates in the website. I promise, if I go through these tests I will do a detailed post about this process, there are so many questions!

Thanks for your help (and excuse my English u_u)

emilb
27th Aug 2009, 05:46
thanks guys ..!!!! but anyway pls something concrete...? in 4 weeks i got the exam and ai feel .......!! this Feast exam scare me.!!it s really nothing to do ? what containing interview face to face?...thanks a lot !!!..cheers!

PA22
30th Aug 2009, 17:21
Seriously guys I assure you the FEAST test is nothing to be frightened of. That will in fact be your biggest downfall (stress and fear). There is a 'wiki' page with info on the testing procedure (google it). It contains all you need to know about what it consists of. The best advice I was given was just to really take the time to study all the instructions and dont click next until you KNOW what your about to do. Having done the test twice, I can assure you that understanding what to expect is all that is required. Relax, keep a cool head and if your right for the job, you will pass.

FEAST is basically a series of unusual computer games. Some might say to even try and enjoy it!! :)

Anyone else going for phase 2 on 01/09?

piqla
30th Aug 2009, 17:43
i think the first part of the feast (the "games-part") is pretty easy and getting through of it is really depending on that you're capable for this job or not.
but the second part (strip management display) is more than just reading, understanding and using the rules and instructions.
you have to pay attention for many datas, you have to know where to look for the plane's strip when the lady-in-headset gives you the changes, so it's a bit more complexed than just reading and understanding.
and an advice which is true for the whole feast: do less exercises more exact.

TheWitcher
7th Sep 2009, 17:48
Hi emilb....wondering..just wondering where is that location in Romania???hmmm...'cause we might "meet" eachother in Bucharest for this test....by my oppinion...the first stage is just the "quiet before the storm"....so..in case that you wanna chat....don't hesitate to PM me...Bafta:)))

TheWitcher
7th Sep 2009, 17:58
Sorry about the unpolite appearance...but it was just my mind whitout my hands:P
I'm from Romania like emilb and just entered in this "service" because i want to know many things about EUROCONTROL.Beside...i'm working in aviation domain since 2007..and like most of you i'm interested to "go higher"....if you know what i mean..Anyway.....nice site...
I will going to "mind" the FEAST Test in aproximaly 2 or 3 weeks, depending the "opponents".
P.S:As I said before, i'm working in aviation....i'm wondering if The Medical Class 3 Exam for ATC is required in the moment you give the test???
P.S.2:I have attended one in 01.06.2009....and has a validity period of 2 years....
Many thanks!

TheWitcher
8th Sep 2009, 08:25
Hi again.In this morning i had to make a call to the Aviation Service Administration to see if that Medical Certifycate is necessary for the test.A lady told me that if I have a valid certificate the medical examination is not required for the test.
So...by my oppinion i'm through whit one test..One down, two to go:ok:.
I saw that noboby return a reply?Why is that???Are you studying intense for the FEAST???:ugh:

emilb
8th Sep 2009, 18:05
congrats for medical , that s great thing , ok , i send you a pm message but ..no answer...:confused:

Precious Octa
16th Sep 2009, 19:11
hello...am I from Romania too...and I want to take the test...so if anyone would like to share some information I'd be delighted to chat ...by the way I read all the posts...helpful I guess
keep in touch

anty
19th Sep 2009, 12:32
Hello all,
Just wondering if there is anybody here travelling to Maastricht for the phase 2 testing on 29/30th September?

piqla
20th Sep 2009, 19:26
hey there,

can i ask you why would you like to go to the eurocontrol instead of nats?

anty
21st Sep 2009, 08:41
Hi piqla,

I guess the main reasons I would prefer to work for Eurocontrol rather than Nats are because:
- I like the idea of working in Maastricht, much nicer than Swanwick imho.
- Whilst I have great respect for all at Nats for working some of the busiest airspace in the world, the future at Eurocontrol looks better with SES, acquiring new blocks of airspace etc etc..
- Quality of life certainly looks a lot better during the training phase
- I am 24 so this would be my last chance to apply to Eurocontrol, I will have the opportunity to try with Nats if I dont succeed this time.

Nats would be a great company to work for, I have visited Swanwick, Heathrow, West Drayton (when TC was still there), all great places filled with great people. Its just my personal preference to go for Eurocontrol.

fly_ebos
21st Sep 2009, 11:39
Acquiring new airspace because of SES....

Mmmm, SES is an excuse for any ANSP to claim airspace back. If anything, it looks like MUAC will shrink in volume in the future, eg raising division levels to generate cash flow to pay for a new ops room...

chivu_kristyna
25th Sep 2009, 10:51
Hi! i want to ask if eurocontrol discount the money for the flying tickets and hotel when you go to Maanstricht for the exams. thanks.

Irs33
27th Sep 2009, 22:10
Eurocontrol book and pay for the hotel in maastricht for you, its called the tulip in and is located at maastricht airport. As for the flights you have to book and pay for them yourself then eurocontrol refund you the cost after you have attendend the tests. They will also pay for any train tickets you have to buy to get to maastricht.

Lon More
28th Sep 2009, 14:59
It's a fair hike from the Motel to the Centre if it's raining. Probably worthwhile sharing a cab. You can book one at the motetl reception.

keppy_28
28th Sep 2009, 18:18
hi, could you give me some tips and advice? I have been invited to do phase one and would like to know how to prepare myself..

Thanks

Moira
28th Sep 2009, 19:27
Uhm ... read the thread? ;)

HN09
2nd Oct 2009, 13:58
Hello everyone,

After a lack of success with NATS I am keen to apply to Eurocontrol. I'm ready to proceed with the application form, however I checked out flight availability from the UK to Maastricht and I can't find an operator who flies direct from a UK airport?! :confused:

To the people who have already applied and gone for stages 1 & 2 from the UK, can you please let me know which airline you used to get there?!

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Harry.

tsorin16
2nd Oct 2009, 21:05
I'm not from UK, but maybe this will help: there are very few flights directly to Maastricht. You could fly to Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Brussels, Cologne or Dusseldorf and take a train to Maastricht.

chivu_kristyna
3rd Oct 2009, 16:25
Hi! i applied to eurocontrol and after the mail with the check for visual performance i received a mail from them and said something like this:'we will be in contact with a date for you to attend the phase 1'.when do they tell me the date?somebody received the some mail?thanks.

ILS RWY27L
3rd Oct 2009, 17:06
HN09,

London to Schiphol, then take a direct train to Maastricht. Train journey takes about three hours, but is very scenic, seeing you pass through Eindhoven and the rest of the country. :)

Fido Dido
3rd Oct 2009, 18:54
Hy folkes ;) I've taken my time to read every single post :eek: First I would like to say that I'm sorry for all of you guys that you didn't pass and congrats for those who did :}
I'm about to take the 1st stage test in a couple of weeks so I thought that getting well informed about what this test presumes will be a well intended idea. After reading lots of "things" I've got around on this forum where I've been intrigued to see that so many co-nationals of mine are taking this test, therefor I would like to say to them " buah nebunilor da' noi peste tot ne bagam mah? :p care mai sunteti romani si ati dat testu asta va rog impartasiti-mi si mie o idee, o parere, ceva, ca strainii astia fac atata pe secretosii :* "

So...after reading all the posts as I said, I understood that no proper preparation is required. OK, but...assuming that I want to take all of my chances to get through, having a simple idea of what a "task" of the test looks like, would make feel, let's say...more comfortable. I understand that as others did, if I have what it takes I should have no problems, but where I'm from there's a word saying ... A well informed person equals two. Therefor I don't want to get prepared, I just want to get well-informed. I get it that all the information I will need I will receive it before the test but as I said before...just wanna feel comfortable.

For those who had taken the test...could you please give us a common example of a "task" that you had had met in the test? Personally, I will highly appreciate it.

tsorin16
3rd Oct 2009, 22:28
@chivu_kristyna
I sent you a PM. Please read it. :)
You shouldn't worry. In about 2 weeks you will get more information.

Donnyboy
5th Oct 2009, 08:18
Fido Dido: I studied psychology and the point is that with these tests there is no way to prepare for them. If you have read all the posts you will have found some good descriptions of the day but also what i have said repeatedly.

Adam and other guys from 28th: I unfortunately didn't pass the interview, how did you guys get on?

Donnyboy
5th Oct 2009, 08:22
Adam and others from the 29th: I unfortunately failed the interview, how did you guys get on? Hope ya's did better than me...

Kevin

HN09
5th Oct 2009, 10:20
Thanks for the replies everyone, most helpful!

I was silly enough not to consider using the train and have found that London to Maastricht is possible and for a reasonable return price so that sounds like a fair deal to me.

Just for confirmation... do Eurocontrol cover the cost of travel to interviews? I can't find confirmation either way on their website! Cheers everyone.

Lon More
5th Oct 2009, 13:04
Traveling from UK easiest is via the Chunnel to Liège (Luik) then to Maastricht. You can catch a bus from just outside the station which will stop at the Airport across the road from the hotel.

BTW HN09, mentioning at interview that you are applying for Euro because NATS didn't want you would not be a good career move!! Unbelievably though a number of people have done this.

gil.rycken
5th Oct 2009, 16:10
Hello all !

On 22th october, i will pass the Feast test for ATC !

I already read the complete article on wikipedia but is anybody can help me further about the test ?
-Are Questions levels so difficult ?
-Is it possible to pass throught the test without a "specific "preparation ?
-Is selection very selective (^^) ?
-Is English level very high ?

thank you for your help and your experience :)

Gil

chivu_kristyna
5th Oct 2009, 16:48
what;s happening at the interview that makes it so hard to pass? I read many posts and many people didn't pass.is so hard?plese give details.thanks.

HN09
6th Oct 2009, 12:56
Lon More, thanks for the travel advice! If I'm invited to the interview I think I'll use the Eurostar to Brussels and then onto Maastricht.

Looking back at my original post I can see why you thought I'd only applied because of failure with NATS but that isn't the case honestly! I applied for NATS first purely because it would be preferable to live and work in the UK.

fmsion
9th Oct 2009, 21:06
Hello everyone. After having sat through FEAST1 one week ago, I can't entirely agree you can't prepare for the test. Of course, having the skills is a vital part of everything, but simple preparations will give you an edge over people with similar capabilities.
It is useful to know the compass rose and associated headings. Easily lands you 5 extra minutes breathing time when everybody else is scratching their head understanding it.
Speed/distance/time calculations are useless. You can easily guesstimate everything. This assumes you have good spacial representation skills, which you should, anyway.
Folding the cube, try googling different patterns, print them, cut out, then play with them. Fold towards you, and away from you, and every other possible way. Then put the paper down and recreate this in your head.
Take a deck of cards and have a friend show them to you in fast succession, series of say 20 at a time. Take turns at recognizing either the face value or the colour asap. Introduce arbitrary rule bending. Such as considering all aces are fives etc.
Have somebody read out random numbers in fast succession. Decide on odd or even asap.
Listen to boring news or stories about 1 to 3 minutes long, then have a friend ask you questions regarding them. Not obvious ones, of course.
Listen to news stories quoting figures, memorize them and reproduce them. Or have somebody write them down along with similar figures and have you pick out the right one.

Do anything else you can think of involving elevated English. Verbal is best, written is better than nothing.

Take a good night's sleep and walk in there confident you'll do ok. Even if you won't, it won't make a fool out of you. It's just like being not that great on a computer game. Plus everybody will be so worried about their own exam they won't notice you.

Having said that, apart from taking the first exercise in FEAST1 too slowly and not finishing all the questions because the instructors were constantly reminding us not to rush it, I think I did ok. Missed matching some of the numbers in that part of the test, but generally walked away with a good feeling about this.
The whole thing felt less like a test but more like a children's video game at a different pace. It was somehow fun, I could say captivating.
Walked away after 3 hours thinking it should have lasted a bit longer. I wasn't done for the day. Managed to drive 200 miles home straight after that and still feel fresh.

Too bad it's another 2 weeks before I find out how I did, and if I make it to part FEAST2. I'm itching to continue, though a bit bummed that I missed some, knowing that we're close to 400 people competing for those 15 spots. Time will tell, I guess.

dodo_modo
12th Oct 2009, 12:36
Hello everybody
Can you give more information about travelling from Brussels to Maastricht. I suppose there is a train, but can you tell me on which station in Maastricht I have to get off the train and after that how can I reach the airport?

Lon More
12th Oct 2009, 14:30
Easiest is to Liège then to Maastricht Central. You can get a bus to the airport from the bus staion which is just outside.

Acid-drop
12th Oct 2009, 14:44
During the week, there is a direct train Brussels-Maastricht - stoping in Liège too, but you don't have to change the train in Liège, easier.

If you cannot get this one, simply do Brussels-Liège, then Liège-Maastricht.

tip : Liège is the name of the city in French. You will have "Luik" in dutch.

check NMBS - SNCB (http://www.b-rail.be) for more info

dodo_modo
13th Oct 2009, 21:07
Hello everybody once again,:)
I would like to ask you if somebody have more infotmation about the final part of the FEAST? I read in wikipedia about this part called "Strip manegement display. I will be very grateful if you provide me more information

ComdtTomBarry
14th Oct 2009, 16:01
Howdy everyone,
Like so many here, I'm just around the corner from Phase 1 (on the 19th October) at EUROCONTROL. Thanks for all the info on the thread, but it really has just enlightened me once again of the need not to over-prepare for this test. I did take the FEAST test a couple of years ago in Dublin for the IAA, and passed it without any bother. I managed to get to the final phase of interviews but didnt get selected in the end. This will probably be my last attempt to get into ATC as I'm 24 years old with non aviation related professional qualifications.

All I will suggest to those who are facing this first phase is that playing games requiring good hand-eye co-ordination will help with the trickier parts of the test. In the end, there is little more you can do really. I intend to be myself at the interview (if I get that far this time) again, but am lucky to have been through this before. There is one thing that I would like to brush up on and that is the mathematical type questions which are asked at the interview. I.E. those involving two planes travelling in different directions at different speeds, etc. Is there anywhere which has a list of such examples I could just read over to refresh myself. Thanks :O

Also, best of luck to anyone who'll be taking these tests in the coming weeks. I'll be there on the 18th, staying 2 nights then staying one extra night in Amsterdam, just to make a mini-holiday out of it :}

Controller90
18th Oct 2009, 10:48
English is not my native language,so my highschool certificate(diploma) isn`t in english.Does it have to be translated into english when i apply for selection?Thanks in advance

AndreaP
20th Oct 2009, 10:26
I scanned (digitally encoded with an optical scanner) the school leaving diploma (that is written in Italian in my case) and sent it as an attachment (e-mail). They said it was ok, and after the certificate of visual performance I'm now waiting, as many other I think, for a date..(They wrote "we will be in contact with you with a date.."). Good luck!

subber
23rd Oct 2009, 12:53
Awaiting results from the SDM test... good god can't they just send it out already, I'm dying here!

EDIT: I was invited to phase 2! Really excited. A quick question, I should be wearing a suit this time right? I didn't for phase 1 and didn't feel like I made the wrong choice there, but this time it seems a bit more serious..

Irs33
24th Oct 2009, 15:36
I didnt wear a suit for my phase 2, nobody that was in my phase 2 group did. They want you to be comfortable and relaxed at the test so you can perform at your best. However take a suit with you because if you pass phase 2 your interview will take place the next day.
I had my interview in july and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, they make to feel welcome and relaxed. Its good to keep in mind that they make their final decision on the whole selection process from phase 1 to the final interview, so it doesnt rest completley on a good interview.(but it helps)!!
Good luck with phase 2!

subber
25th Oct 2009, 11:44
Ok thanks for the info :) Hopefully I manage to go all the way!

fmsion
28th Oct 2009, 15:42
I passed part 1 :} 400 in, 64 out. Now waiting for part 2. Scheduled on Nov 3rd, so not much waiting left.
Fingers crossed I make it

subber
28th Oct 2009, 17:29
Hey! Where did you get the statistics from? And do you know how many of us 64 will finally be offered a spot? Thanks!

Irs33
28th Oct 2009, 19:54
This year I believe eurocontrol had 24 trainee spots, split into 3 groups of 8. One that started in june, one in november and the one that I am on starts on jan 18th in toulouse, france. I don't think this number varies too much, so I would expect it to be around 24 for 2010 also.

fmsion
28th Oct 2009, 21:11
It's on the previous page, I mentioned I took the test for the Romanian national authority. There were 400 of us competing for 15 places.
I still have Feast2 to go and then a medical and psychological exam.

subber
28th Oct 2009, 22:06
Ohh that had me confused! Anyone know how many people are competing for the apparently 8 spots that start training in september 2010 ? :ugh:

TheWitcher
30th Oct 2009, 14:03
For fmsion...first of all i want to congratulate you for "winning" the first phase.On the second part I'm not so sure about the "right" examination.And by the way it is not Romanian National Authority.It's ROMATSA and means Romanian Air Traffic Services Administration.But I guess you will be very familiar whit this "notion".
Hope you will made it throuh second part....

fmsion
30th Oct 2009, 22:30
Tomatoes, tomatos...

JoanaG
4th Nov 2009, 01:32
Hello,

I received a positive reply for first phase in Eurocontrol. Can anybody help me with my questions?
- Are there any preparation tests?
- I can't find any information if Eurocontrol pays the flight to Maastricht

Thank you!!!!;)

Lon More
4th Nov 2009, 08:46
JoanaG RTFM!!!!

If you can't be bothered to read through the thread before asking that you should be asking yourself if it's worth wasting time by coming to Maastricht.

fmsion
4th Nov 2009, 09:57
Hey everyone. I'm just back from my FEAST2 test with mixed feelings. On the positive side I did manage to spot local and opposite conflicts, and generally kept the strips ordered and under control, BUT I've also had times when I had to use the recall button and occasionally entered the wrong digits for corrections and a strip had to flash to get my attention.

Fingers crossed, but who knows..

piqla
4th Nov 2009, 11:25
If you succesfully managed to split your attention for every sub-exercise (ordering the strips, spotting the conflicts, removing strips and changing datas) then you would be fine.
Fingers crossed for you...

Moira
4th Nov 2009, 16:54
JoanaG, run a search for "FEAST".
You should find plenty of info about how to prepare.
Good luck.

fmsion
4th Nov 2009, 20:11
Thank you, piqla, I believe I managed doing all that most of the time. I'm just worried about the times when i didn't react quick enough or the announcement flew by me because I was looking around for strips that needed expiring.
I guess I will find out in a couple of days.

subber
4th Nov 2009, 22:24
I must admit that during FEAST2 I did not have similar priorities on the five tasks at hand. Sure, I attempted best I could to complete them all, but I still had a priority list that went: Audiomessages > Sorting > Insert new > Local conflicts > Removing slides > Opposite conflicts.

Basically it meant everytime a message came I stopped what I was doing to listen and insert the info. The sorting was easy and maintained and inserting new slides wasn't that hard either. Everytime a change occured or a new slide was inserted I checked if they created any new local conflitcs, and ultimately when I didn't have anything to do I checked for opposite conflicts and removed slides that weren't needed.

fmsion
4th Nov 2009, 22:36
I started with the wrong attitude, so for the first couple of minutes I nervously scanned across the strips looking for "traps", then I settled down and got a good pace going.
I did manage to report the same conflict twice, in a hurry not to forget the corrections from the latest radio message.

piqla
5th Nov 2009, 08:27
subber:

That sounds good, I don't think you won't pass :] How many times did you use the recall button?

subber
5th Nov 2009, 10:16
I already know I passed :D I'm scheduled for next part at Eurocontrol on the 11th November. I never actually used the recall button either.. and missed one audiomessage. So that part I was quite proud over. However I did insert the same conflict 3 (!) times :ugh: But oh well, it worked out anyway :)

fmsion
5th Nov 2009, 14:35
I guess it's better to overdo it than not to do it at all when it comes to spotting conflicts.
Roll on monday morning and the viewing of the results.

raikks
6th Nov 2009, 12:25
Hey fellas

I'll attend phase 1 on 24 November and I can't say I feel very comfortable :) But I just want to concentrate on what I have to do and be as relaxed as I can.

Don't have too many questions as I read the whole thread. Just to make some conversation... What's the best way to reach Eurocontrol UAC from the hotel -- bus or cab? Good luck to everyone -- including me :D

Cheers

subber
6th Nov 2009, 19:39
If you are staying at the hotel the night before there will be a cab sent by Eurocontrol to pick you up at 08:10, it's mentioned in one of the documents attached to the invitation :)

jarchitect
7th Nov 2009, 16:54
subber,
I passed the interview 2 months ago and was offered a place on the course for September next year so its unlikely theres any spaces left on it at this stage! Hope you make it though ;)

subber
7th Nov 2009, 17:40
That's weird :O I definitely remember them saying they were recruiting for September 2010.. :confused:

leveltwo
9th Nov 2009, 11:49
Hello. Lots and lots of info on this forum, the bad part being the fact that i`ve just found it.
Let`s say i passed the FEAST1 and had the FEAST2 last week, i am waiting for the results, like many of you Romanians are. :ugh:

Let`s say i`ll pass feast2 also, what`s the next step ?
I`ve heard that in ROMATSA there are around 15 open spots ?

fmsion, let`s PM a little

Regards ...and .. good luck to all that will try the FEAST fear :)

subber
9th Nov 2009, 12:44
Off for second stage and hopefully the interview tomorrow! Any last minute tips? :ooh:

fmsion
9th Nov 2009, 12:52
Oy, I passed it all. Glad I got this off my mind.

leveltwo
9th Nov 2009, 12:54
me 2

let`s PM a bit

fmsion
10th Nov 2009, 13:21
Missed your message the first time reading this. Though, I've spotted it and PMed you yesterday.
Yes, there are 15 places to choose from, but they give priority to those who live close by any of the airfields with vacancies.

Moira
10th Nov 2009, 16:35
Fmsion

I think your posts may confuse future readers of this thread, since you are posting about your application in Romania on a thread that actually relates to Eurocontrol. Maybe worth thinking of next time you post, to just state clearly what exactly you are talking about?
Just a suggestion, of course. :)

fmsion
10th Nov 2009, 21:09
Everything I posted was simply about FEAST 1 and 2, which not only Eurocontrol itself uses, but 16 other countries as well, plus a few answers to the other people from round here to manage to find their way to pprune, which I suppose can be moved, deleted etc. But, if you look carefully I stated that I took the test for our traffic authority, not Eurocontrol.

jarchitect
12th Nov 2009, 18:44
they told me there were spaces left on the July course!

subber
15th Nov 2009, 15:18
Woho! Passed phase 2 as well, now only interview to go. Unfortunately the interview was to be held the day after but one of the people on the board was sick so they had to postpone :(

sgt_raven
15th Nov 2009, 21:02
I passed phase 2 as well :ok:, and if I am not mistaken, subber, we did the communication test together, I am the guy from Bosnia.
So when did they tell you that you passed, and do you know who else from our group passed?

Irs33
19th Nov 2009, 19:30
hello people, I am starting my stage 1 training with eurocontrol in january in toulouse, and i was wondering if anyone knows how long after the start date of the training course it would be be untill i recieved my first pay check...I am trying to budget for the move and this info would be helpful. I already asked HR and they said it would be soon after, but a more accurate time frame would be nice.

Lon More
19th Nov 2009, 22:46
Irs 33 salary is normally paid a month in advance so you should get something during the first week

fly_ebos
20th Nov 2009, 19:28
when I startend in Luxemburg in 2006 we got a 4000€ advance by the end of the second week. You need some time first to setup an account and stuff like that.

subber
22nd Nov 2009, 19:28
I did my test at Synsam, a normal optician. That was no problem at all! (I'm assuming you live in Sweden now) They even did it for free since I'm a customer there.

Good luck in your application :)

Lon More
23rd Nov 2009, 09:04
It's worth asking HR at the UAC. AFAIK they still use an optician in Maasmechelen, and he will know exactly what they need.

Good luck

Amy.P.M
23rd Nov 2009, 17:24
Hey guys, so i took phase 1 and didnt pass :{ I think the biggest stumbling block was my english as it is not very good, I did really badly in the listening test but i heard its not the most important exam but i managed the reaction and cube tests really well!

The hardest test for me was the landing instructions because you had alot of rules to remember and i kept going back to the instructions wasting alot of time! a good memory is a plus!

in the coordinates and headings test the rectangles was 10x10 but diagonally was it 7 or 8?!? i cant stop thinking about the test and how i could have done it better :ugh:

I hope to suceed next time as im still young :)

Amy.P.M

tsorin16
23rd Nov 2009, 17:46
@Amy.P.M

Well the landing instructions test wasn't that hard, you only had ~3 rules to remember. The fun part about that test was having to decide quickly which plane has priority.

And about the coordinate system, if it's 10x10, the diagonal is 14. (a2 + b2 = c2)

Good luck with your further attempts. :ok:

Amy.P.M
24th Nov 2009, 20:42
Hi tsorin thanks for your response :) like i said my english is pooor :uhoh: i didnt think to use pythagoras now it seems obvious! i was writing my post on a long train back to Czech Rep and was abit distraught.

thanks for your luck i will try again when i can :ok:

AndreaP
27th Nov 2009, 11:54
Hello, I had the test on 25-11-2009, passed the morning phase and went through the afternoon one. Strip management display.. I had no idea of what it was about before experiencing it directly.. you have a sort of excel paper in which there are columns that are airports with strips that are flights.. you have to keep the strips in order of time by drag and drop, insert the new ones, find possible collisions, change details according to frequent voice messages ecc.. a lot of tasks all togheter. I failed this.. I suggest to prepare english well, especially the listening, and remembering, of numbers, (however memory techniques such as converting numbers in letters and making words with them are really not useful in this case..it's just about number of flight..358, hours 15.56 and height 159 for example..) and to relax during the 1.30 hours of training before the real test..and to try seriously to perform all the tasks they give.. I think I made a big mistake by not considering one kind of them (the most time-absorbing one) just to try to do better the others.
This is a piece of the mail I've received.
"Unfortunately, you did not pass these tests. We therefore regret to inform you that we will not proceed with your application. We understand that you may be disappointed at this stage but we are sure that this decision was made in order to avoid future disappointment for you or the Organisation." (rightly quite firm).
If you were there that day, you may understand who I am; one of the italian guys; I met in the bar with a Scot, whom later on I had no occasion to say goodbye to. Goodbye and good luck to you all

ATCO EHBK
28th Nov 2009, 14:58
Hi everybody on 24th November I've passed FEAST Phase 1 and then received an e-mail, that I was successful and they will contact with me for further pass through Phase 2.
Can anybody say what should I expect, is it easier then Phase 1?

Looking for you answers,
Many thanks.

ATCO EHBK
28th Nov 2009, 20:32
Hello, BananaJoe,
It was about one month after they confirm my application and received all docs.

Regards.

tsorin16
29th Nov 2009, 19:26
@BananaJoe
It depends.
For me it was less than 2 weeks and I know people that had to wait more than 4 weeks.
You should tell your friend not to worry :)

@ATCO EHBK
Congratulations for passing phase 1! :D

At phase 2 they test abilities, other than those tested at phase 1. So if you lack these abilities it might seem harder.

You should prepare your english. You will have to talk. Being quiet is definitely a no-no.Practice by speaking out loud and try to be as intelligible as possible :)

You will find the necessary information in the documents you recieve along with the invitation.

antony.s
30th Nov 2009, 13:26
Hi guys, does anybody of you the SkyTest FEAST prep software and can tell me his experience? do you recommend to buy it?

Thanks in advance,
Antony

HN09
1st Dec 2009, 10:01
Well, I took my stage one tests on Weds 25/11 so firstly, hello to all those who were there and who I spoke to! :ok: It was great fun meeting lots of different nationalities!

I didn't get through the morning stage and was deeply disappointed after thinking I had done well. I now have feedback and despite "excelling in all the other tests", I failed the cubes test by 2 marks... 2 :mad: marks!!!

Absolutely gutted right now and am thinking perhaps this career isn't for me as I've now failed on the basis of cubes for both Eurocontrol and NATS. Searched everywhere on the net for books etc. or teaching guides on how to improve this important skill but not having much luck so far! If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate help!

What angers me is that the lady who gave me feedback told me that if a candidate managed to scrape by in every test by the minimum required, they would get through to the afternoon but someone like me who scores highly in all parts but narrowly fails one part is rejected! :ugh: Just feel hard done by... even though I realise the rules are the same for everyone!

My advice to people taking the tests is the following:

1. If you are a non-smoker, make sure you specify this when confirming the hotel arrangements!! I'm not a smoker but ended up with a smokers room so my sleep the night before was terrible!

2. Practise bearings and exercising your short term memory.

3. Don't get wound up about it all like I did... the tests are very well explained with practice examples beforehand and are strangely enjoyable (aside from the cubes obviously!)

It seemed like a great place to work and everyone in both the test centre and Maastricht in general were very friendly! So I am quite depressed frankly and of course, due to my age, I cannot re-apply! I wish I had thought of this career alot earlier... I was one of those who did not know what I wanted for breakfast at 18, let alone what career I should pursue!!

Best of luck to all those applying in the future and thankyou to everyone on this forum for all the help I received beforehand! ;)

Jagohu
2nd Dec 2009, 16:51
How long did You´ve to wait before they told You the date for the Phase 1?

Don't worry... When I was on the selections quite a few years ago, I've sent the application to them in February and got invited for the phase 1 in the end of June only... So relax :)

GlobalJourney
7th Dec 2009, 13:55
In the 'Divided atention test' how many squares did you have to watch at the same time?

I've forgotten now, someone else will have to answer this one.

In the 'Learning and applying rules' how many rules did you have at the same time? Numbers or shapes & colors?

Both, it starts with colours and shapes then switches to numbers and back to colours and shapes again.

In the 'Strip display management test', did the 'collision allert' appear at the bottom?

(The other day I tried that test with my friend, and in the last test -the flightstrips test- when there was a conflict, a numer appeared at the bottom showing you that you have a conflict in the strips and you have to find it. Is that advantage -the number- given at the afternoon of the Phase1?)

Absoloutely not, what's the point of the test if it gives the game away like that :)

piqla
7th Dec 2009, 21:02
Hi there,

at the beginning of the test you have to watch two squares, then three and finally four squares.

Loadcontroller111
8th Dec 2009, 02:58
Hy. Does anybody know how long can take the gap between the interview and the moment in which they inform you that you have passed/failed?

jtor
8th Dec 2009, 09:28
Hy. Does anybody know how long can take the gap between the interview and the moment in which they inform you that you have passed/failed?

It took 2-3 weeks last summer.

jarchitect
8th Dec 2009, 20:22
I was told to call one week after the interview (in September), good luck!

Loadcontroller111
9th Dec 2009, 02:55
It is then strange because I am waiting for more than 2 months and I have not received also any feedback since the interview. It is written on their website that they will inform the candidate about being successful or not for every phase of the selection. Maybe I should have phoned them but I do not see any point of that as I was not told to do it.

jtor
9th Dec 2009, 10:19
Loadcontroller, call them and ask. Maybe it's not too late ;) I didn't even remember that we were supposed to call one week after the interview, just checked my e-mails and found the result of the interview. So the e-mail was sent after I had got the result by phone.

Heartbeats
14th Dec 2009, 11:26
Any piece of advice for a girl who has Phase 2 in January??? :O

tsorin16
14th Dec 2009, 13:43
@Heartbeats
Yes, read my reply to ATCO EHBK on page 12.

You can also read the entire thread. You'll find bits and pieces that can help you. Good luck :ok:

@BananaJoe
Sorry, I can't help you.
I only recieved a letter in which they said I passed. I didn't bother to ask for the scores since it didn't interest me.

xnnfm
14th Dec 2009, 15:16
Hello everyone, I'm an applicant who is waiting a date for phase 1.

Does anybody knows something about "Coordinate System Test"? (the gridlined test where you have to match correct heading, orientation or distances among planes and waypoins)
For exaple: How much the gridline size is? 6, 7, 8, 10 or maybe 20NM?
Are planes and waypoints visible or invisible?

And what about Learning and Applying Rules?
How many rules are active at same time?

look forward to a reply soon! :D

Applemos
17th Dec 2009, 11:42
Like you, Xnnfm, I'm waiting for a date to phase 1. I haven't received an ID/password yet so I still have to send them the school leaving certificate and eye test. I suppose I'm not ready to rock within a month. :{

Chucheria
17th Dec 2009, 13:45
I've been invited to phase one on January 26th, it's my birthday!:ugh: Anyway, I've been reading the thread and I hope to remember tips you gave (thanks for sharing:)), althought I have to keep practising some parts...

Well, see you January!

xnnfm
17th Dec 2009, 18:15
Chucheria, we'll see each other in Maastricht!

FoxtrotCharlie7
18th Dec 2009, 17:25
Hello to everybody. I read all the replies too :O I applied for UACC in Eurocontrol, sent my diplomas last week, but now I'm waiting anxiously for a reply. Some people told me, and as I've read, that now I need to be patient. The question is: do they take long until they ask you for the optician exam ? Or do they ask you to take it ONLY if they are interested in you ? If anybody knows or has an idea, reply please.
Thanks in advance
Cheers !

davidgkovacs
23rd Dec 2009, 21:03
Hello,

I'm new on the forum but I've been reading it for a while. I'm invited for phase 1 on the 26th of January. Is there anybody else from Hungary who's invited on the same date?

... Merry Christmas for everyone!

xnnfm
11th Jan 2010, 08:45
hello?! Is anybody there??

davidgkovacs
11th Jan 2010, 10:25
I'm here... we could speak somehow..

piqla
11th Jan 2010, 14:23
Hajrá, én drukkolok :]