PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

White14
19th Dec 2010, 13:55
I don't know the exact date, they just said to me, that they gonna contact me in January and will give me the date. What about you? EC said the same for you?

JoostRoozen
22nd Dec 2010, 16:03
@Barbara, date will be given to you on time! Don't worry about that.
@White, found an internet connection. don't worry about the date. If you can't make it just tell them, they invite you on another day.. don't know how long it will take before they give you a new date then.

I hope you both pass! Just be sure to read a little bit about the FEAST test but don't try to prepare yourself.. Don't train all your abilities.. They need to be inside of you allready to be really succesfull.

Make sure you're in Maastricht on time and get a good night sleep they day before the test.

Let me know if it works out for you! If you have more questions just ask them.. I will answer them probably somewhere this week or next week.

After 22 february I will let you know more about the medical examination. If I pass that I'm in!

Best wishes,

Joost

SPeety
22nd Dec 2010, 17:11
Good luck to all Phase 1 guys ( and Girls ;) )
Joost, I'll keep my fingers crossed ! Got my Phase 2 on 18th January now.

Best wishes, great vacation and Merry Christmas to you all :ok:

Steve

bogdan_bbd
23rd Dec 2010, 11:52
Hello to you all

Is anyone flying to Brussels on 23 jan for phase 1? I arrive there at 10:45 am,
...if yes,we could go together to Maastricht

Wish you all a BLESSED CHRISTMAS and a New Year of peace and happiness :)

Stelar
24th Dec 2010, 08:06
hey guys and girls,

merry Christmas to all of you!

Extra cheers to the 2011 May group!

band1tu
24th Dec 2010, 09:23
1/8 of the May group whises you a Merry Christmas too! :p
Hope the medical won't be any trouble :)

tsorin16
24th Dec 2010, 09:41
Another 1/8 of the May group reporting:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

controlfreakhun
24th Dec 2010, 21:58
Hey peeps.

Submitted my application and got an e-mail that they will provide a date for phase one testing in January.

I checked out the FEAST and its pretty neat. I just have some issues with the damn cube folding. Can't get my brain on it. Do anyone know how much it contributes for the full score? :)

Have a merry xmas!

Stelar
25th Dec 2010, 10:10
Hey controlfreakhun,

you have to keep and maintain a high performance during the whole test and this means that you have to be good with the cubes, too.
As far as I know there is a scale (1-9) for every single task and you have to reach at least 5 or 6 to be successful.

Long story short: if you screw up the cubes there is no chance to go and sit the SDM. This iscreweditbutididgreattheotherssotheresnoneedtoworry-thing doesn't work here, sadly :]

controlfreakhun
25th Dec 2010, 13:47
Cheers stelar.

Then i guess have to work out some sort of tactics for the cubes. Or at least practice it a bit before the tests.

Just one more thing though. Asking the ones who alredy passed the phase 1. With the cubes, how many possible answers are? 2 and a "No cube applies" or there is more folded cubes like 3-4?

Stelar
25th Dec 2010, 16:33
There are 3 possible answers: A, B or None.

Play some Tetris: that's always fun and really helps to brush up your brain!

QQ350
26th Dec 2010, 10:13
I am going to apply to Eurocontrol but unable to show up in January.. if they invite me now, will they invite me to January or the next one? Any information on when the next one is?

The tests looks very interesting, as many have said the cube test seems to be the most difficult one, and I'm also wondering what a Strip Display Management test is.

JoostRoozen
27th Dec 2010, 10:25
Hey guys,

first of all another 1/8th of a Merry Christmas and a happy new year from the May 2011 group!

Can't wait for the medical to meet all the other guys and/or girls!

With that said some reactions to old or new people at this forum ;)

@Speety, Thanks for the fingers crossed! I'm not worried about it but some luck is always nice! Seems like you don't have any.. Your phase 2 keeps getting pushed back.. I'll hope it sticks on January for you!

@Stelar, thanks for the extra cheers! Some extra cheers for you too ;)

@band1tu, see you at the medical!
@tsorin16, see you at the medical too!

@controlfreakhun, as Stelar allready mentioned, your scores need to be good at all the aspects of the FEAST. Don't worry.. everyone at my phase 1 thought the would make it, including me, I thought I screwed it at the cubes.. When I got my feedback they said I did everything excellent! So once again, don't be nervous.. Just be yourself! And just play some Tetris.. Just because you can!

@QQ350, Don't worry! Just apply, maybe they will invite you for January but they ask you if you can make the provided date. Just say no then and explain yourself. They will invite you to the next group then!

I can't provide any information about the date. I think nobody at this forum can. Just give Eurocontrol a call, they might know allready!

I think the multi-task/fast reaction test was the hardest. Cubes came close second ;)

About the Strip Display Management test, I thought it was pretty easy. It starts with a training from (I thought) max. 90 minutes. I was done in about 50 minutes and the rest within an hour. But if you feel uncertain at that stage, just use your time!

At the training you learn about sorting, adding and removing flight strips. A flightstrip give the route, altitude, flight number and time of a single flight at a single location.

You'll learn about finding and marking Local and Opposing Conflicts. This is when 2 planes fly to close to eachother within a time span of 4 minutes. Or fly in opposite directions in to each other.. You probably understand that 2 planes crashing isn't good for the people inside..

You'll get 8 locations with names like Zurich, Basel, Munich and more.
Under each name there are a couple of flight strips. You'll have to sort them in order of time. You'll wear headphones and you get information like:

Flight KLM338, expected at Munich around 14.28 descends to 300.

Then you'll have to change the information on that flight strip.

If you don't understand it now, relax! The training is very clear and goes through everything step by step.

This was just an indication of what you'll have to do!

Hope it helps!

Best Wishes to all of you!

Joost

mlu032
30th Dec 2010, 11:07
@Skywards777 You've probably already done it by now but if not . . Specsavers will do the eye test I had mine done there 2 weeks ago, I told them about it before I went and they got all the extra stuff ready. They did quibble a bit because it said medical doctor but the optometrist did it anyway because over here we don't have our eye exams done by a doctor.

Hope you've managed to get yours done if not pester them again hehe!:)

Stelar
31st Dec 2010, 16:07
What else could I wish to everybody tonight?

Happy new year & big luck for applicants, for trainess, for nextgen-trainees and, of course, for valid atcos.

At least for 8 people 2011 will be a great start of a big journey so let's start prepare for that...

Have a nice party everybody!

Cheers,
Stelar

White14
2nd Jan 2011, 19:58
Hi Guys!

I have my date, I have to be in Maastricht on the 24 th of January, I am flying to Amsterdam and flying back from Brussels. I wanted to ask, how it is better to do with a train tickets, it is better to buy it online, or to buy it in the train station. How does it works, if I miss the train, can I use the same ticket for the next train? Or I have to buy a new one?

Barbara do you have the same date to go to Maastricht

Thanks for Information!!!

JoostRoozen
3rd Jan 2011, 16:19
Hey White,

First of all, congratulations with the invite!

For the journey TO Maastricht I can help. For the one back, I would recommend you to call Eurocontrol. They had more people flying back from Brussel and probably know how to get there at the cheapest and fastest way.

Maybe someone else here knows but Eurocontrol probably knows best.

For the Journey to Maastricht. If you fly to Amsterdam, you'll arrive at Schiphol. There is a train station over there. You probably don't know how the machine works (not that I think you're stupid, but I think they are different from the ones you are used too..) The system is pretty simple but still..

Just go to the information desk. They can help you with a ticket, time table and tell you which train and which platform you need. I believe there is a train that goes straight to Maastricht. If so, you're lucky and only need 1 train.. It might be that you have to change trains.

Just ask at the information desk ;)

A ticket from Schiphol to Maastricht is probably about 20 euros.. A little bit more I think. Train takes about 2 and a half hours to get in Maastricht.

From there you'll have to take a Bus to the airport. If I remember correctly it takes of from platform G. It doesn't go to often so if your unlucky you might need to wait half an hour.. Bus ticket is about 4 euro's I think..

To be sure, just email Imke.. For the way back I can't tell you anything..

Let me know if you find out the right way ;)

Best Wishes!

band1tu
4th Jan 2011, 15:48
I went through Amsterdam.
4.smthn euro the ticket from Schipol to Amsterdam Central.
24.smthn euro the ticket from Ams Central to Maastricht (i did not change trains, 2 trains were connected, one going God knows where, the other -orange and blue- towards Maastricht, somewhere along the route they split).
Buying from the machine will not save you money (just 0.5 euro) but will save you time.

For those that are thinking to apply, new notice of competition (http://www.eurocontrol.int/corporate/gallery/content/public/docs/pdf/careers/air-traffic-controller-competition-2011.pdf) posted.
Main differences:
- Not yet be 25 years of age on 1 October 2012
- The training courses for which we need students are those scheduled to start in 2012

Good luck!

Jacob2011
7th Jan 2011, 14:48
Firstly, hi to everyone on this site and thanks to those that have established such a platform.

To anyone that can help me.

I have applied to Eurocontrol for student air traffic control. After sending a certificate of visual performance I recieved an e-mail along the lines of this :

"we have recieved your complete application and will be in contact with you for a date to attend phase 1 testing"

I am now very frustrated as I am currently on a vacation and I am scared that they might have called me and recieve no response. will they usually communicate through the internet or by phone?

I would be very greatful if anyone can answer this.

tsorin16
7th Jan 2011, 14:58
Hello Jacob,

don't worry. They will send you the invitation via e-mail.

Jacob2011
7th Jan 2011, 16:23
To Tsorin16.

Thank you for your immiediate reply. you do not know how frustrated i was... i thought i missed an opportunity. thank you very much again.

jacob

Gina90
9th Jan 2011, 15:36
Hey guys,

i will start the atc training in january 2012, so if there is anyone who made it through the interview and will start in jan 2012 as well leave a message ;)

and good luck to everyone during the tests!!

mbor
10th Jan 2011, 09:17
Hi to everyone!!

I will attend to the 1st phase and I'm also waiting the email with the exactly day, I hope they tell us something this week. I'll let you know as soon as I received the email.

Thank you very much to everyone for sharing your experience here! For the new candidates, good luck and I hope we can meet soon and spend a nice day there! :)

Naem
11th Jan 2011, 10:55
Hey guys,

i will start the atc training in january 2012, so if there is anyone who made it through the interview and will start in jan 2012 as well leave a message

and good luck to everyone during the tests!!

Wow, thats a long time until you start. Is there any reason you decided to postpone your starting date, or is it like this for everyone?

When was your interview? and medical exam?

Gina90
11th Jan 2011, 15:40
@Naem

HEy, well I had the Interview an November 10th. The medical examination will be around 3 months before the training starts... so in about 9 months...

I did'nt decide to start the training that late but the course in mai 2011 was already full so I have to wait till january 2012...

But because I'm finishing school in april I've got a lot of stuff to do till then anyway and after that we'll see...

Good luck if you're in the selection process!!

Skywards777
12th Jan 2011, 18:15
@mlu032 - I came back off holiday on thursday and got it done on friday, so all sent off, thanks anyway! Any idea how long until i'll find out if i've been invited to phase 1 or not?

Cheers,
Sam

mlu032
13th Jan 2011, 09:54
@Skywards - no worries :) I found out the next day but because of Christmas etc I didn't get the formal invitation email for about 2 weeks. Don't think it will be too long before you get an answer though!

I'm invited to Phase 1 on 24th Jan is anybody else attending the same session?

Also does anyone know what the mental arithmetic will be like? I've done some practice with speed/time/distance stuff and nautical miles and knots e.t.c and some general number work but is there anything special anyone knows about that I should revise?

Helen

SPeety
13th Jan 2011, 13:36
Hi Helen!

There is no real need to revise something for the FEAST test. I advise you to read the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEAST_test) of the FEAST test in order to be mentally prepared for what expects you. No special arithmetics needed !
That should help for now ;)

Good luck!

Steve

Skywards777
14th Jan 2011, 11:54
Thanks Helen,

Just got an email saying they'll let me know my stage 1 date soon. :)

Anyone know how the reimbursment works?

Sam

Stelar
14th Jan 2011, 12:52
Hi Skywards,

that's pretty simple.

You have to pay the tickets (plane, train, ship, bus, etc.) in advance and bring them with you to the Big Day to Maastricht.

Before the stages you meet in the cantine (where I really recommend the bio-kiwi+orange juice) and get a small briefing from Sarah or Imke about how your day's gonna look like and that's the time you have to pass the paper that contains your bank account info plus the tickets.
If you forget something, that's not a big problem, you can send it later but obviously, the reimbursement will arrive later to you account.

JoostRoozen
14th Jan 2011, 13:37
Stelar said almost everything..

The money you get back is the amount of the cheapest ticket you can get!! For example, if you chose to fly with KLM for a 1000 euro's, and you can also fly with British airways for 300 euro's, you'll get 300 euro's in return (if i remember correctly)

You also get 10 euro's extra for all the bustickets you need. From trainstation (if you arrive at Maastricht station) to hotel, from hotel to EC and those 2 back.

But indeed.. just bring all the tickets + bank account form and you'll be allright.. Takes about a week or 2 before you get the money from EC..

QQ350
15th Jan 2011, 02:01
So when are you supposed to give a visual performance certificate? Should I send the visual performance cert with the application or will they contact me later about that?

band1tu
15th Jan 2011, 02:18
Get your id, complete the online form, send your diplomas. EC will then send you the Certificate of Visual Performance form that you will have to send back after you have your eye check.

PRosier
17th Jan 2011, 19:55
Hi all,

I just did 41 pages of reading all the posts... :oh: (in a few days :P)
24th next monday, i will try the phase 1 in EC. I am 23 and Dutch, from near Maastricht. I travel 10 minutes from my home.

See you!

JoostRoozen
17th Jan 2011, 22:37
All the luck to you then!
As well to the other candidates.

Believe in yourself and stay calm and focussed!

Best Wishes,

Joost

Barxi
18th Jan 2011, 06:21
Hi¡¡¡¡

I am a girl from Spain who has the same the 25 th, the following day. I have tried to look it for but I couldn´t find it. Do you know where can I find the schedule of the bus line 59 (the bus goes from the train station to the hotel ) ?

If anybody knows it , please pass me the link.

Thank you ¡¡¡

band1tu
18th Jan 2011, 07:49
@Barxi
In the invitation email, in one of the docs, you can find how to get to the Tulip Inn and Eurocontrol.
Also a link is provided for more info about the bus connection (where you will also find the schedule).
9292ov.nl - Journeyplanner for all Dutch public transport (http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/)

Stelar
18th Jan 2011, 08:16
Dear Barxi

as band1tu has already written there is a link to a timetable somewhere in the invitation mail.
But be sure to get there at the bus stop in time because the Mighty 59 Line is a bit strange and the buses tend to arrive and leave a bit earlier/later than they supposed to:]

By the way it's a 20 minutes comfy walk from the Tulip Inn to the EC so if you'd like to get some fresh before the tests than it might worth it to by walk instead of bus.

Good luck with your tests!

Barxi
18th Jan 2011, 10:46
Thanks for the email.

I have tried to check the timetable but I could not find it. How long does it take from the train station to the hotel?

I will wait for your reply.

Thanks in advanced.

Gina90
18th Jan 2011, 11:55
From the trainstation to the hotel it takes about 20minutes by bus...

WolfS89
18th Jan 2011, 16:07
I jst came out of Phase 2 exam and i failed.
The drawings in the last parts are about mechanical items like a watch gear or a screw and they are attached with rubber bands.
it's not 3D only 2D but no way u can draw the whole thing
u have 5min to get the drawing from your partner.
jst make sure to draw wa he says they dnt care if u can draw or nt as long as wa the info he gives u is wa u draw.
then opposite way around.
Outta 6ppl only 1 guy passed :(
I ll need to check somewhere else to do it

JoostRoozen
18th Jan 2011, 18:03
Hey Wolf,

I'm sorry you failed. That really sucks!
There are a lot of other places you can try offcourse.. But you chose EC for a reason I geuss. Good luck finding something new!

The drawing is indeed a mechanical picture. Gears, chains, rubber bands.. Just try to learn the words ;) I for example forgot the word gear.. (sorry Gina! xD)

I discribed it as a circle, but the outside is not a line, it looks like the top of a castle wall :D The observer loved it!!

So just try to draw as accurate to the information you get and try to explain everything as good as possible!!

Good luck!

Naraic87
18th Jan 2011, 18:46
Hey guys,

Amazing amount of information here. Thanks to everyone who took the time to post their experiences and share the structure of the assessment.

I received an email before Christmas stating that I would receive an invitation to phase 1 testing in Maastricht early in the new year. I have not heard anything yet, but eagerly checking my emails all the time waiting for the date.

What I've done so far to be expecting the email with the date:

Filled out the online application form
Submitted my educational documentation
Submitted an eye test form completed

Would be delighted to talk to people who may be invited on the same date. PM me if you want to talk about it.

I will keep everyone posted on any updates I receive.

Naraic

Stelar
18th Jan 2011, 19:23
"I discribed it as a circle, but the outside is not a line, it looks like the top of a castle wall"

Wow man, that's hilarious :D:D

tsorin16
18th Jan 2011, 20:54
I discribed it as a circle, but the outside is not a line, it looks like the top of a castle wall :D The observer loved it!!
Haha, great! :ok:

I just wanted to drop in and wish good luck to those that will attend phase 1 and 2. Just remember: stay focused and keep your cool.

Naraic87
18th Jan 2011, 21:39
Received an email before Christmas stating that i would hear from them early in the new year with a date for Phase 1 testing.

Can't wait. It's a super opportunity to get a good job and meet fantastic people.

Thanks to everyone who has provided info through all 40+ pages. It is without doubt invaluable to everyone of us going over.

If anyone has testing coming up that wants to talk about it, just pm me.
Hope to see some of you real soon.

Naraic

docmo
19th Jan 2011, 08:02
Hy, I'am new at this so I'll get to the issue:
-I've been invited to phase 1 and I'm trying to find out what kind of test or to get some idea ,so that I can prepare a little for this phase

Maybe some one can help me ??;)

P.S. I have to take the test on the 25 jan.:8

pepitoperepere
19th Jan 2011, 08:12
Hi! Im new here too.

Thanks to everyone, the forum is really helpful!
I've been invited also to phase 1 on January 25th!!
People say there is no so much preparation to do for it, anyway the information about the phase 1 tests is all in wikipedia:
FEAST test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEAST_test)

good luck!

JoostRoozen
19th Jan 2011, 17:36
Hey new guys,

The link pepitoperepere provided is almost everything that's in the FEAST test.

Indeed, you don't need any preperation.. People say you have to play Tetris a lot so just play it for half an hour ;) Maybe it helps..

But don't try to train yourself.. It's really something you have in you.. If you train now, they pick you out during training or maybe in another phase of the selection..

Many luck and best wishes to you!

Naem
21st Jan 2011, 12:30
Just wondering what happened to the Phase 2 guys who were there on Wednesday the 19th. Just found out I failed the interview :(

Best of luck to all.

Oh, and on a side note, the SDM test wont be around too much longer, I was asked to participate in the trial run of some new software called DART (Dynamic ATC something something) - it still has a long way to go though.

Naraic87
22nd Jan 2011, 18:15
sorry to hear about that Naem. The good things to take from it are:

you know you have natural ability to become an ATC (passing phase 1 and 2)
anything within the interview can be imporved with practice
If you re-apply i dont think you have to do phase 1 and 2 again

You're only 22 so you have plenty of time to re apply. Not just to eurocontrol, but nats and local other authorities around.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next! :)

JoostRoozen
22nd Jan 2011, 18:35
Hey Naem,

Very sorry to hear that as well! But like Naraic said, you're only 22!
Maybe you could tell where it went wrong in the interview..

Offcourse you can call for feedback to Eurocontrol! They will give it to you.

I allready passed the interview but for other people still in the selection process it might be good to read!

If you find in hard or do not want to talk about it I understand offcourse!

Again, very sorry to hear it! If it's really your dream to become an ATCO you'll make it work!

Best Wishes!

Naraic87
24th Jan 2011, 12:02
Good luck to anyone travelling over for the phase 1 tests tomorrow. :ok:

PRosier
24th Jan 2011, 14:19
Hi all!

Congrats to the ones that passed today! We were with 25 or so.
With 2 or 3 girls and 4 guys i think we went to the SDM test. For me it went ok, i got about 8 local conflicts and 3 on route (whats the name?:ooh:). Th/fr we will hear if we can go on!

Good luck for the ones that go tomorrow!

Philippe Rosier

JoostRoozen
24th Jan 2011, 14:44
Congratulations to you Philippe! Nice job passing the FEAST test!

Did you find it hard? What was the most difficult for you?
I hated the multi task test, ball to wall test.. It made me crazy!

At my SDM I had 3 open spots at the bottom.. You mean opposing conflicts by the way ;)

Send an email to Sarah Teed with some questions about the financial side when you start the study. Also the place where you will live.

So I should be able to provide some more information about that shortly!

Naraic87
24th Jan 2011, 15:28
Congrats Phillippe,

Sounds like you almost had fun today :ok:

I really cant wait to do mine and hopefully pass!

Enjoy your night tonight!

JoostRoozen
26th Jan 2011, 16:05
Hey all,

A few days ago I send Sarah Teed an e-mail with some questions about the financial part and the accomodation during the training.

I find it pretty helpfull so I wanted to share it with you!

I start in the May 2011 group at Langen - Germany, after that we go to Luxembourg.

- During training at DFS you will recieve 1,100 per month
- During training at Luxembourg you will recieve 1,650 per month

At DFS accomodation is provided. It will be in a nearby hotel and EC will pay for it. I think it sucks we got to stay in a hotel.. would be way more fun to sit in a house with the whole group!

In Luxembourg we need to find and pay for our own accomodation. This might change by the time we start.

In Maastricht you definatly need to find and pay for your own accomodation. They do offer a location package where we can recieve help finding a place. We will hear more about this when we are training in Luxembourg.

Other then usual basic things, food, clothing and stuff like that we have no costs. Except for the accomodation. Training resources will be provided.

Let me know if you found this usefull!

Best Wishes,

Joost

Lon More
26th Jan 2011, 16:52
FWIW in Limburgs unfortunately for most

SyvNcohKits?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SyvNcohKits?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Stelar
26th Jan 2011, 17:21
Thanks for sharing that, Joost!

At least we don't have to pay for renting a flat.
But with some hammer and drill we can demolish the walls of the hotel and make a big, happy-hippy commune of atc-trainees :D
Or just build-up some tents at the DFS campus.

tsorin16
26th Jan 2011, 17:31
Thanks for the info Joost!
That's gonna be one happy hotel ;)

@Lon More
Thanks for the video, it was nice to see the ops room again, unfortunately I didn't understand very much. :p

JoostRoozen
26th Jan 2011, 18:15
happy-hippy community HERE WE COME :D

I hate the fact though that we still have to wait a month before the medicals..

Stelar asked me to drink a beer or two and chat a bit on the 22nd of February.. Might be an idea to do that with as many guys/girls from the May group as possible..

When does everybody have their medical?

band1tu
26th Jan 2011, 18:35
I'll arrive in Brussels on the 22nd around noon, so i'll be there.
Count me in, but just for a tea. I'll have the med the next day :)

tsorin16
26th Jan 2011, 18:53
I will be in Maastricht on the evening of 23rd. I will meet up with Ovidiu (band1tu) and on the 24th I will probably meet another guy from the May group.

JoostRoozen
26th Jan 2011, 18:59
Ok so it would be Stelar, Bandit and me then?
I have my medical the 22nd but I don't know how late i have to leave on that day.. I think I can stay for a while but i am not sure of it..

I'll let you guys know! Maybe we should switch numbers or something if it's almost the 22nd!

Stelar
26th Jan 2011, 19:10
hey guys, I've just created a group on Facebook so search for "not public anymore".
I really do not have any idea how this adding-thing works so search for it and I'll add you.

Jacob2011
27th Jan 2011, 19:19
Hi Dear Peers,
Good luck to all of you.
I had received an e-mail on 5th January stating that I would be invited to Phase 1 Testing. however it has been 22 days. I am patient, I do not mind, as I am still a student (undergrad), however I was just wondering whether this wait is a normal time period. I am scared maybe I might have been forgotten.

How long does it usually take to be invited phase 1 after receiving confirmation letter?

Jacob2011

Naraic87
28th Jan 2011, 08:06
Hey Jacob,

This is normal... just be patient... I am waiting since before Christmas and i believe that I will be called up for phase 1 sometime in March.

Due to the vast amount of applicants it takes some time to screen and test them.

I hope this puts you at ease, but like yourself I am eagerly anticipating their email everyday.

Naraic

controlfreakhun
28th Jan 2011, 11:26
Hey again.

I passed till the SDM on the 25th group. They said im going to get the SDM results today but there is still nothing! Im so anxious maaaan. I want my results. If they don't send it to me by 1600 maybe i should call them?

PRosier
28th Jan 2011, 19:49
Got email today. SDM passed.
Phase 2 @ 15 feb :cool:

Anyone tips&tricks&suggestions for phase2?

Thx!

tsorin16
29th Jan 2011, 06:03
I am scared maybe I might have been forgotten.
Don't worry, don't be scared. I had to wait more than half a year ;)
Of course, my situation was a bit different, but you should know that no one is forgotten.

@PRosier
Congratulations!

At phase 2, you need to use a proper English (make yourself understood and understand others) because that's what you will do in most of the tests. Talk.
In the group discussion, don't act like a leader or a moderator. Bring arguments, ideas and solutions to the table but let your colleagues do the same ;)

When you make your flightplan, pay attention to the instructions you receive and try to remember the restrictions and the weather information because they will ask you about it.

Naraic87
31st Jan 2011, 18:53
Hi guys,

Just a quick question...

When doing the grid test... are the only two measurement values 10(node to node along vertices) and 14(diagnol).

Will we be expected to calculate the diagnol across 2 squares where the diagnol would be 22 ( basically 10^2 + 20^2 = X^2, where X is the diagnol )

Thanks

Naraic

JoostRoozen
31st Jan 2011, 18:59
Hey Nariac,

When you do the grid test knowing your Pythagoras is pretty usefull ;) You got to calculate or gamble some distances! But they questions are Multiplechoice! So it isn't really that hard.

Cheers!

Naraic87
31st Jan 2011, 20:18
Nice one Joost,

I figured that might be the case... no harm in practising a grid to get used to the figures you might see.

Very helpful, Thanks :D

Skywards777
1st Feb 2011, 20:46
Hi All,

I recieved an email about 3 weeks ago (as per my previous post) stating they'd be in contact soon with regards to my phrase 1 date. Is it common to wait this long, or should I send them an email tomorrow?

Cheers,
Sam

Naraic87
1st Feb 2011, 23:55
Yeah from what i have read before... this is normal...

I got that email before Christmas... so I'll probably be in the group just before you. I reckon i could be in the March group but i wont know until 2 or 3 weeks before.

Just have patience... like me. I know its hard but its just part of the process.

Naraic

Antonia Maria
2nd Feb 2011, 20:52
Hello everybody! I'm from Romania and I also received an e-mail to go to Maastricht for Phase 1 in March!

JoostRoozen
2nd Feb 2011, 21:50
Good luck Antonia,

I hope it works out for you!
If you need any tips or got any questions, everyone on this forum is willing to help!

Cheers!

erber
3rd Feb 2011, 19:46
Hello everyone!

I'm thinking of applying as well, but what concerns me is my poor eyesight. I sent Eurocontrol an email asking about this and they said me that "The limit has changed until -6". I wear contacts with dioptres -6, which means that my eyesight itself is even worse. What do you guys think are my chances? Has anyone else had a problem applying/passing because of their eyesight?
Thanks!

guillaja
4th Feb 2011, 23:14
Hi everybody!

I've just passed the eurocontrol feast test in Spain, although Im still in the spanish selection process for ATC I would really prefer studying in eurocontrol. Could anybody tell me if I have to pass again the tests? how many more tests left would i have to pass to make it in eurocontrol? Does the feast tests corresponds to phase 1 in eurocontrol. Any answer will be very apreciated.

Thanks!

PS: Ive just send the online application form and the diploma scan by mail. How much time do they usually take until you get the examination date?

tsorin16
5th Feb 2011, 03:09
Hi everybody!

I've just passed the eurocontrol feast test in Spain, although Im still in the spanish selection process for ATC I would really prefer studying in eurocontrol. Could anybody tell me if I have to pass again the tests? how many more tests left would i have to pass to make it in eurocontrol? Does the feast tests corresponds to phase 1 in eurocontrol. Any answer will be very apreciated.

Thanks!

PS: Ive just send the online application form and the diploma scan by mail. How much time do they usually take until you get the examination date?
Hello and congratulations!

As far as I know, you don't need to take the FEAST again. In Eurocontrol's selection process, phase 1 is the FEAST test (including SDM).
After that, you also need to pass phase 2, phase 3 and phase 4.

Phase 2 consists of three situational tests, one of which is a 30 min. group discussion, another one is a paired exercise (you will learn more about it when the time comes) and another one is making a flight plan and present it.

Phase 3 is the interview and phase 4 the medical exam.

Hyunnar
7th Feb 2011, 13:55
Hi everyone, since I'm new of the forum, I would ask you something about being chosen by Eurocontrol. Actually I'd like to know in how much time are they going give me an answer if I have passed the CV selection.
Thanks everyone.

Naraic87
7th Feb 2011, 14:07
After you fill out the application form, you will need to send them a copy of your educational documents (leaving certificate from highschool / or equivilant)

After that they will send you a form that will have to be filled out by an eye specialist and this will have to be send back to them.

Once all that is in order, the will email you again to tell you that you have been successful/ unsuccessful and that you will hear from them shortly.

It's a long process but I would advise you to get everything back to them as quickly as possible so as to make sure you wont have to wait any longer.

I hope this helps :}

Antonia Maria
8th Feb 2011, 13:12
Thank you! I've just received an e-mail and my date is 14 March! I'm so nervous...:uhoh:

Antonia Maria
8th Feb 2011, 13:37
Can you please tell me how long does phase 1 lasts? And if I pass phase 1 will I remain there till phase 2? I still have school and I have to know...

Naraic87
8th Feb 2011, 13:49
WOOOOOOOOOH!

15th of March for me! anyone get in touch if you are the same dates?

Im nervous and cant wait at the same time ;)

Stelar
8th Feb 2011, 14:04
hi there,

phase 1 usually starts at 9 o'clock (briefing in the cantine), the test itself starts at 10 o'clock.
The very first part of the selection process ends around 12-13 o'clock and if you reach the standard minimum then you have the chance to prove your skills at the second part of phase 1. If you fail the first part, obviously you have to go home but it's not an option, is it?:]

The second part ends about 15:30-16:00, and you will not receive the results there, you have to wait at least a day for it.
Of course, you can wait there for the phase 2 it will cost you a few thousands euro due to the fact that the phase 2 takes place a few weeks later after the phase 1.

Hope that helps and good luck!

tsorin16
8th Feb 2011, 15:00
Hello there Antonia, I sent you a private message.
I see that you are very excited about the invitation :D

nincha
8th Feb 2011, 15:58
I just got an email as well, 16th of March for me. Woop! Can't wait.

If I want to take a few extra days, can i? It would be nice to stay there for weekend as well, if i'm up there already :) But considering they pay for your flight expenses...can you mix business with pleasure? :)

Stelar
8th Feb 2011, 16:14
hi there,

of course you can stay there longer then it required, but EC will pay max. 2 nights for you.

Naraic87
8th Feb 2011, 16:46
Just remembered:

its ST.PATRICKS DAY on the 17th!

we will have to go out for some Guinness after!

Stelar
8th Feb 2011, 17:13
then it's a good thing that there is an Irish pub next to the bridge at the downtown :]

Skywards777
8th Feb 2011, 21:12
Phase 1 on Tuesday 15 March any one? :)

dimikata
8th Feb 2011, 21:36
Hi to everyone!
Today I received an email too,to attend phase 1 on 15 March too :)

melguinha3
9th Feb 2011, 13:37
Hello

I'm going to phase I on 15 march too :)

Skywards777
9th Feb 2011, 15:14
Good to see there's a fair few of us :)

Are most people planning to fly into AMS on the 14th?

Sam

Naraic87
9th Feb 2011, 16:51
I think i will fly to eindhoven since theres a direct ryanair flight from dublin. If its full, then i will go via amsterdam.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

tj93
9th Feb 2011, 20:06
Hi guys,

I'm 17 and I will be going to Maastricht on the 17th of March, I am really nervous but again I can't wait.

Good luck to everyone :) :) x

melguinha3
9th Feb 2011, 20:45
I will fly from Portugal to Brussels and the get the train to Maastrich... i'm nervous already :P

Skywards777
10th Feb 2011, 11:14
Cheapest to flying into AMS so will Eurocontrol expect me to do that (even if the other ways are under 500).

I'm not really nervous tbh, you can either do it or you can't :}

tj93
10th Feb 2011, 15:12
I too will be going on the 17th

Jacob2011
10th Feb 2011, 22:49
Hi People,

Firstly, good luck to those who are all going to attend and will be atending the test. My question is, are there no direct flights to Maastricht from anywhere within the UK? If not, is taking the ferry to the Hook of Holland a good option?

I believe I have made one of the dumbest choices in my life and ordered skytest's air traffic controller preparation CD 3 days ago despite having scarce time (phase 1 testing on 17 March) for 70 euros. But I think it was a necessary choice as I am actually kind of dumb when it comes to listening and comprehending directions under such pressure (obviously this trait of mine does not go hand in hand with the job of air traffic control, but once you are trained for a specific task I believe you become confident in what you do, given that this somewhat a life defining moment, I am entitled to go under such pressure). Do you think I will still have enough time to get a rough idea of what is incorporated in the exam? My point is not to prepare, but to merely have a rough idea of the exam. anyone that could help would be highly appreciated.

Someone here said in phase 1 they only issue the FEAST test, but then how come there are 2 stages of testing in phase 1 testing? Will there be something else.

Again, I really appreciate any answer

Jacob

Naraic87
11th Feb 2011, 08:26
Hi Jacob,

If most of us are going in without practicing, well then i think it is absolutely no harm for you to get familiar with the tasks on the cd that will confront you in the actual FEAST exam. Also you have LOADS of time... over a month! just practice a few questions every day. I am practicing cube tests from IQ tests etc. not because i will learn something new, but because it will make you confident in your ability to answer the question right and as quickl as possible. from what i hear is, time is key. so if practicing makes an extra 10 seconds for you.... well that could be all the difference!

these test dates are PHASE 1.

Morning you should have:

cube test
reaction test
sorting test
grid test
planning test

after lunch if you are successful with the morning tests you will be invited to do the SDM test in the afternoon.

That is PHASE 1 from what i understand. Some people find it the hardest part, I usually score quite highly in spatial reasoning tests, aptitude tests and IQ tests, so i ill probably enjoy it a little(I HOPE).

I hope this helps answer your Q.

Naraic

Skywards777
11th Feb 2011, 12:43
Jacob - There are no flights from the UK, your best bet is either EBBR, EHAM or EHRD.

Sam

dimikata
11th Feb 2011, 13:13
What exactly is the SDM test?

Skywards777
11th Feb 2011, 13:53
'In the final part of the test, local and opposite conflicts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_%28air_traffic_control%29) on air strips are presented. This is the so-called “flight strip test” or "strip management display". During the test, a clock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock) is running in the corner of the screen. The rest of the screen is divided into columns, one for the airspace at each hypothetical airport in the test. At each airport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport) is a collection of strips. These need to be sorted in order of time. Simultaneously, you need to remove strips which have now expired and identify conflicts between both flights coming in and out of the airport and flights in the airport's airspace. While doing this, new strips are continuously added to the display.'

FEAST test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FEAST_test)

PRosier
15th Feb 2011, 13:57
I am just back from phase 2.
It was a nice day. We were with 6 and we had good communication. All the exercises went good and we all felt comfortable. Unfortunately I received a phone call 2 minutes ago, I was not succeeded to the next phase. Still dont know why, I have to ask for the result of phase 1 and 2 in the next days.

Good luck to the others!

JoostRoozen
15th Feb 2011, 20:05
Sorry to hear to PRosier!

I would call for feedback if I were you! Just to know what you might improve in the future. Are you going to give it another try? Maybe at another place?

Good luck with what you are going to do!

Cheers!

Muchen
16th Feb 2011, 18:12
Hi, 16th march for me, someone else?

DanielaF
16th Feb 2011, 19:44
Hello!

16th of March for me too. How will you get to Maastricht? I m gonna be in Amsterdam on 15 around 11 am and take the train to Maastricht.

Amino
17th Feb 2011, 11:54
I will be invited for the SDM test and interview at the end of March. I see you guys know what dates your tests are in March; when did you find out?

band1tu
17th Feb 2011, 12:38
The Certificate Of Visual Performance has to be filled in by an eye doctor after you have a thorough check.
Unless you are a doctor, you should not be the one writing it.

band1tu
17th Feb 2011, 13:38
DelayReducer, when you first apply they ask you about the refraction value?
When i started my application, Eurocontrol did not ask for this untill i filled the online application and sent them my diplomas. Only then they have asked me to complete the Certificat of Visual Performance.

tsorin16
17th Feb 2011, 14:30
band1tu, there is one field in the online application that requires you to write the refraction of both your eyes.

DelayReducer, you should go to an optician and see what he has to say about this.

band1tu
17th Feb 2011, 14:34
i don't remember writing that. :ugh:

tsorin16
17th Feb 2011, 14:46
If I remember correctly, it's right there, just after the fields regarding the name, the adress, the dob, etc. :)

JoostRoozen
17th Feb 2011, 18:50
I remember that question as well ;)

They ask at the first application. Then in the visual performance certificate and then again with your medical exam.. Your eyes just need to be good :P

no pain no gain
18th Feb 2011, 17:51
DelayReducer.. If you see normally, you should put "i dont wear glasses" there is no need to see an optician in that stage.. After you send your school diplomas you will have to do the eye sight test.. So not to worry.
;)

QQ350
19th Feb 2011, 16:20
What if you have prepared for FEASt using Skytest, is that something they ask about, or look for? Is it something that could disqualify you? Is it worth ordering this Skytest, I have yet to send my application in, but if I am invited I want to be prepared.

Hyunnar
22nd Feb 2011, 08:54
Gonna be in Maastricht on 14th March for Phase 1!

maleeko
26th Feb 2011, 13:14
me too!
where are you going to be coming from?

seeadler
28th Feb 2011, 18:15
Hello,

I'm going to be in Maastricht on 14th March as well.

Amino
1st Mar 2011, 16:53
I'm doing phase 2 at the end of March so hopefully I might meet some of you guys who are doing phase 1 next week at phase 2.

Naraic87
2nd Mar 2011, 08:37
sup man!

i have my phase 1 on the 15th, do you think they could call me up to phase 2 as quickly as the end of march?

How did you find phase one from an Irish perspective?

Hyunnar
3rd Mar 2011, 12:19
Amino, can I ask you how was phase 1 (step 1 and 2)? What did you do in step 1 and how you behaved in step 2?

Thanks a lot. :)

mmcg
4th Mar 2011, 23:03
I've got Phase 1 testing on the 15th March. Flying into BRU on the 14th and will get the train to Maastricht.

Naraic87
7th Mar 2011, 15:37
Hey man wats up!

I had the same issue with my eye exam in Ireland... our system using x/4.5 while they use 5 or 10...

My specialist scribbled out their " /10" and did it based on " /4.5" same exam you ust have to do a little math to convert to " /10"

Either way

I would go back to him and ask him to do it "as he would do it" and write it on the form... I presume eurocontrol get this all the time and there was no issue with my eye exam submission. Dont submit it with any blank spaces...

I hope this helps!

Stelar
7th Mar 2011, 18:47
Hello guys,

if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about the eye-papers, 10/4.5 and stuff.

It's important to fill that out as good as your optician just can, but if there is no significant problem with your eyes, than you'll be fine.

This pre-eye test is there to disqualify the applicants who can not see properly with or without glasses; if you make it through phase 1/2/3, you will have to take another eye-test by EC.
Just make your optician to fill that form, then send it to EC and make a small note "if there's any problem with that please let me know", or something.

I mean at the optician where I had had my test there was not exactly that type of examination board that EC requests, so the doctor just made a note that she used X type instead of the requested one; there was nothing problem.

Hope that helps.

Skywards777
8th Mar 2011, 15:33
I've got my Phase 1 on the 15th and am yet to recieve a hotel confirmation, anyone else got/not got theres?

Hyunnar
8th Mar 2011, 19:52
I sent an email couple of days ago about that. They just said you'll have your room booked by sending us attending confirmation form. So your confirmation form will be your room booking. Just show it to receptionists at the hotel. :)

JoostRoozen
8th Mar 2011, 22:58
Hyunnar, sending back the confirmation form (to EC) makes sure that you will be there. Unless something really bad happens I geuss.. For the hotel room you just need your name.. Also bring your passport (and ID).. At EC you need 1 to get inside and sometimes they do require an ID while inside.. But you allready gave it to the security guy first..

All good luck on the phases!

torocky
10th Mar 2011, 18:27
hello everyone,
i'm new on this forum. i applied at Eurocontrol and i'm still waiting for a date for phase 1.

good luck to all of you!

dimikata
10th Mar 2011, 22:19
:hmm: Sdm test is the phase 2 of the feast?
Or the second part of phase 1?

JoostRoozen
10th Mar 2011, 22:35
Phase 1 is divided into 2 parts. The morning part, FEAST test. And the afternoon part, SDM test.

The second phase is more focussed on communication.

dimikata
10th Mar 2011, 22:43
have you taken 1st and 2nd part?
and.what do you mean with "communication" ? what phase 2 includes?

JoostRoozen
11th Mar 2011, 07:46
I took al phases :) Just heard that I am medical fit and can start in May this year.

In phase 2 you've got to do group discussions and a little presentation.

tsorin16
11th Mar 2011, 15:03
:hmm:Sdm test is the phase 2 of the feast?
Or the second part of phase 1?
Both your affirmations are correct :p ;)

Joost explained very well. Let me try too.

Phase 1 consists of the FEAST tests (they are computer based). These tests are split into 2. Most of them take place in the morning (from 9AM to 11:30AM), while the SDM test takes place in the afternoon (13:00). You need to pass the morning tests in order to participate in the SDM.

Phase 2 takes place several weeks after phase 1 and consists of 3 situational tests. You will get more information about these tests when the time is right.
Basically communication and planning are the key ingredients. One of them is a 30 min. group discussion, another one is creating a flight plan and present it in front of the examiners and the last one is a paired exercise in which the ability to transmit and receive information is assessed.

Phase 3 is the interview, which usually takes place a day after phase 2.

Phase 4 is the medical examination, which usually takes place 3 months before the start of the training.

If you need anymore information, feel free to ask.
I'm in quite a good mood since I also just found out that I'm medically fit http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/images/smilies/sm_08.gif

Hyunnar
11th Mar 2011, 16:53
Tsorin could you please explain me something about the "creating a flight plan"? What do they want you to do? Specifically. :)

I'd like to take advantage of your right mood. :O

tsorin16
11th Mar 2011, 17:58
Sure.

They give you some sheets of paper, markers, pens, instructions and a map.
Then, they leave you all alone in the room and you have to individually make a flight plan. It's nothing hard, you just need to follow the instructions.
The main task is to direct a plane from point A to point D via some other waypoints. In order to do the task as good as possible you need to take some instructions into consideration.

And after 30 minutes, the examinators come back and they will take your materials. Then, they will call each of you in another room, where you will have to present your flight plan.

Hyunnar
11th Mar 2011, 18:17
Thanks a lot. So kind. :)

3 days left for FEAST. Let's take it easy. :O

tsorin16
12th Mar 2011, 21:43
Good luck to all who will undergo the FEAST tests the following days!

Be confident, focus on the task at hand and you should be just fine :ok:

dimikata
12th Mar 2011, 22:30
Congratulations to all of you starting in May :D, and thanks very mush for the information :)
I am trying to prepare for phase 1 in May..

Skywards777
13th Mar 2011, 18:37
Flying into AMS tomorrow and will be arriving at the hotel early evening - see some of you soon.

Sam

dimikata
13th Mar 2011, 18:46
Good luck to all of you going for phase 1 this week :)

mmcg
13th Mar 2011, 21:18
Is there any dress code for phase 1 testing? I'm just going to wear a suit, because, quite frankly, I like any excuse to suit up, but I'm sure I read in here that you should just wear something comfortable?

Stelar
13th Mar 2011, 21:59
Well, Barney obviously would wear a suit during phase 1, but I'd recommend something more comfortable. Some nice shirt will be way more elegant than the average, but if you insist to be elegant, than do it. But keep in mind that during ph1, you have to sit in front of a computer all the day, and a suit may be not the perfect choice.

Oh, and answering your question: no, there is no dress code.

mmcg
14th Mar 2011, 07:25
Ah, that's nice to know. I'm actually very comfortable in a suit so that's not a problem for me. :)

torocky
15th Mar 2011, 09:26
hi dimikata, when did you recieve a mail for phase 1 in may. i have been waiting for a date for almost one month and i don't know if they are going to invite me in may or another time.
thanks in advance.

dimikata
15th Mar 2011, 09:44
Hi torocky.
I didn't reveive any mail inviting me for May.
I had received invitation for phase 1 for today,but it didn't work for me.
So,they told me the next available date is in May and they'll inform me on time :)

torocky
15th Mar 2011, 19:23
ok, thanks a lot. maybe we'll have the chance to see each other in may.
good luck till then.

Naraic87
16th Mar 2011, 14:39
Hey guys,

Just had the FEAST test there on Tuesday. Only 4 out of 19 passed through to the afternoon assessment. I am delighted to say I was fortunate to make it through and I am now awaiting my results from the SDM test.

What were the results of the other training days? how many people made it through?

Hopefully I will see some new faces soon and my commiserations go to those who were not successful this time around.

Pinknails92
17th Mar 2011, 09:55
Hey,

Out of curiosity , is Eurocontrol similar to Nats?

fly_ebos
17th Mar 2011, 10:21
Yes we are identical except in what we differ...

Pitagoras
18th Mar 2011, 21:50
Can anyone clarify me one thing?
I have been reading throughout this thread and I haven´t found what I'm looking for:
When Eurocontrol sends an e-mail asking us for sending all our school leaving diplomas, do we have to send only the diploma of the secondary education or the diplomas of primary school and middle school as well?

I would appreciate an answer.

tsorin16
18th Mar 2011, 22:28
@Pitagoras

"have successfully completed secondary education at an advanced level (university entrance level);"

I'm pretty sure that in all the EU countries the above statement equals highschool.
The answer to your question would be that you have to send your highschool graduation diploma (+ baccalaureate diploma or the equivalent graduation exam, and of course other diplomas that show you graduated highschool).

But if you really want to, you can send other diplomas as well, I doubt anyone will mind.

Gina90
19th Mar 2011, 17:02
hey guys,

just wanted to ask whether anyone made it through all the phases and is in for the group in january 2012!!

Pitagoras
19th Mar 2011, 18:24
Hi tsorin 16!

I'm writing only to thank you for your help.

Greetings :ok:

TrickyMicky
20th Mar 2011, 09:46
@Gina90

Hi!
Yes I am...:ok:

roitos
22nd Mar 2011, 19:03
Has anyone received some dates for the next phase 1?

I received the confirmation but I need to know when it is :{

cheers* ;)

Naraic87
31st Mar 2011, 14:06
For those of you that have sat the SDM part of the test with Eurocontrol... how long was the practice session before going straight to the actual SDM test.

When i say practice session i mean:

SDM practice screen appears
You are given sceanarios just like the test (insertions, deletions, revisions)

When I did it... it only lasted 3 mins and seemed a bit short... is this right? ( i had 30mins to spare after reading all the instructions)

I would appreciate replies from anyone that remembers

Naraic

Stelar
31st Mar 2011, 15:11
Hello,

you've 90 minutes to learn and understand the rules and tasks and during that period you have the chance to understand and try every subtask; imagine a basic flash-game.
So when you reach the "how to mark a local conflict" part of the session you will be provided with a few examples. If you're good: that's cool, you can continue. If you mess something: that's pretty uncool and you have to repeat (at least you should repeat) that part. But remember: time is clicking.

After the one and a half hour you'll have 3 minutes to try yourself and your fresh knowledge before the real deal; that's not too much, indeed.

Naraic87
31st Mar 2011, 15:27
Thanks Stelar,

Yeah its such a pity... i scored 87 on the first tests and scored really low on the conflicts of the second test (4) i got 8 in the others.

I thought it was a tough thing to do since you only just learned it. and 3 minutes practice.... thats nothing.... it doesnt even help you at all... it ends so abruptly.

there should have been more time between telling you the results of the first test and starting the SDM test... i was still overwhelmed that i had gotten through.

Also its has to be said... why dont they provide you with a hard copy of your results... it makes me very suspicious and gives them the power to decide in other ways... ( ie age - i was substantially older than the other candidates but still JUST within the age bracket)

Makes me wonder....

band1tu
31st Mar 2011, 15:39
You can get some feedback if you call them.
I am sure the age is no issue while you are in the limits. There are students that can confirm this, that got in and were very close to the age limit.
Given the amount of candidates that apply, they could've failed you in the screening phase and save some money.
That's my opinion!

JoostRoozen
31st Mar 2011, 17:22
I don't think age is a problem.. I am 18 and got my contract a few days ago. In my group (we start in May) there is also a 25 year old.. So we got the full limit :)

About the feedback, you do get some if you call.. Still no exact numbers but it is still nice to know!

And last but not least, the SDM test.. I thought is was really really easy at the time that I did it.. I got a lot of conflicts, didn't miss any information and deleted and sorted them all fast. So a very high score Sarah told me..

A week or so ago I went to a friend of mine that has the skytest software.. I tried the SDM test there and it was really difficult :) I forgot how to find opposing conflicts so I got none.. It was a bit faster then the EC one but still.. Sorting went ok but you got a lot more strips so it was full all the time.. really annoying :)

Naraic87
31st Mar 2011, 18:30
To be honest guys im just bitter :P

I did get an email before i got invited to Maastricht saying i was too old.... but i argued that i was 6 days within the limit. So you cant blame me for thinking this way...

I wish i got through it after scoring so highly in the first tests. I wish i bought the software so i could have practised that SDM before... there is too little time to learn it and do it straight after... in my opinion

no worries, eurocontrols loss... at least i can use my results for another agency

thanks guys

millerman
2nd Apr 2011, 07:35
Naraic87,
Don't you think the tests are deliberately scheduled that way? Anyone can become an expert and complete the task well if they are given enough time! But Eurocontrol is looking for the people who can not only do the task with 90 minutes preparation but be able to put their (overwhelming) feelings aside and complete the task. This is what a qualified ATCO must do everyday of their working career.
It may sound harsh, but plenty of people can do the test well in the allotted time.
As for age, also not much to say. Eurocontrol have made a decision to try to get a mix of ages in each ab initio group ( as far as possible) because they have more success with these groups. If you met the age criteria and where invited for tests than no more would have been thought about it :ok:
By the way Eurocontrol takes people up to the age of 25 (and you were 6 days within this limit) but your profile age says 23 - something is not right somewhere :eek:
All the best for the future

tsorin16
2nd Apr 2011, 10:07
Eurocontrol have made a decision to try to get a mix of ages in each ab initio group ( as far as possible) because they have more success with these groups.
I thought so, when I saw that our group has a variety of ages (18, 22, 23, 24, 25).
Mixing different levels of experience can only be a good thing :ok:

roitos
5th Apr 2011, 15:44
Stage 1 on the 2nd of May, anyone?

cumps*

dimikata
5th Apr 2011, 19:58
No. Anyone on the 5th of May?

TT5000
6th Apr 2011, 18:25
Hey everybody, great thread, I've read it all during the past month but never posted anything or had a user, had my phase 1 a few weeks ago and had my phase 2 + interview last week. Found out on Friday that I had been accepted and they will be in contact with further information :)

As for age, also not much to say. Eurocontrol have made a decision to try to get a mix of ages in each ab initio group ( as far as possible) because they have more success with these groups.

I was told the same when I had my interview, I was also told that they try to mix nationalities as much as possible as well.

BeT
10th Apr 2011, 16:11
no worries, eurocontrols loss... at least i can use my results for another agency

:rolleyes: Im sure we will get over it, given time. ;)

OlafG
20th Apr 2011, 15:57
Hi, I was invited to participate in the phase 1 test with Avinor (Norwegian aviation authority, kind of. They run the airports and employ all the norwegian ATC's) on the 29th of april at Trondheim Værnes Airport.

I'm really excited, because I really want to get accepted in to the school (they send the students to UND).

Anything I should do before I go there? I've been playing a bit with feasttest.com just to test myself basically.

In the last few weeks I've been doing some uphill jogging to a hilltop 400m ASL (started from 160m ASL), just to improve my general shape, and because there is a clear link between being in shape physically and mentally(In most cases that is).

I have a few days off from work starting tomorrow(easter holidays) and I decided to take the day before the tests off aswell. Any suggestions for stuff to do, to be relaxed and ready to perform 100% on the tests?

Olaf G

tsorin16
25th Apr 2011, 15:36
Hey everybody, great thread, I've read it all during the past month but never posted anything or had a user, had my phase 1 a few weeks ago and had my phase 2 + interview last week. Found out on Friday that I had been accepted and they will be in contact with further information :)
Congratulations! :D
What are people using to practice? Just to confirm there is no S / D / T based mathematical questions as well as FEAST?
There are no s/d/t questions at phase 1.

One could prepare himself by learning the headings (playing Sea patrol and Headings tutor on EC's trainingzone), improving his English skills, playing with unfolded paper cubes and getting a good night's rest. Also, remaining calm and confident throughout the tests is a must ;)

Good luck!

JoostRoozen
25th Apr 2011, 17:39
Our master is giving away free tips again ;) One day you will make a great teacher Sorin!

carranca
27th Apr 2011, 20:31
Hi folks.

I'm also attending EUROCONTROL phase 1 selection tests at Maastricht on the 2nd of May. I'm pretty excited about it - nervous, granted, but also really pumped up for the challenge that I'm sure it will present :)

As a brief introduction, I'm an IT engineer (soon to be ex-IT engineer, I hope) who's most certainly looking forward to something a lot more challenging than software development. I'm currently a trainee at NAV Portugal, too.

Anyone who's going to be there as well and wants to get in touch beforehand, let me know. I'll be in Maastricht on Sunday afternoon, coming from Brussels.

I have a question, in case anyone knows the answer. Supposing that those who attend phase 1 on the 2nd of May make it through all the testing stages, when is the course expected to begin, and where? I will probably ask this from the staff at Maastricht, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask here :) Asking because, in the best case scenario, I still need to plan my life up until the beginning of the course, along with my wife.

Cheers!
Mário

OlafG
5th May 2011, 15:24
I passed phase 1 and I'm on to phase 2 on the 11th of may. :D

Tim K
6th May 2011, 11:03
Hey,

I toke the FEAST test on 4 May (Dutch blond guy), and just got an e-mail saying that I passed the SDM test.

I think 8 out of 19 people passed the first part.
Does anyone else from 4 May have results about the SDM test yet?

Lampe
8th May 2011, 13:39
Hi Tim

I was there too on the 4th of May. I got an email too with the message that I passed the tests and will be invited for phase 2.

roitos
9th May 2011, 18:01
hey,

I was there on the 2nd and I was also invited to stage 2 :) anyone else from the 2nd?

btw, any idea to when in July stage 2 is going to be?

cheers*

Jen84
10th May 2011, 15:19
Hi there!
I'm soon about to do the second phase of the testing and I'm a bit curious if someone can explain more detailes about the first part of that test. The part where you'r doing some kind of coordinate system test but this time with pen and paper?

tsorin16
10th May 2011, 20:24
Hi there!
I'm soon about to do the second phase of the testing and I'm a bit curious if someone can explain more detailes about the first part of that test. The part where you'r doing some kind of coordinate system test but this time with pen and paper?
Hello!

Did you read the entire thread? If not, you should. There is a lot of information about the phase 2 tests.
Here's a bit that I posted 2 pages back:
Sure.

They give you some sheets of paper, markers, pens, instructions and a map.
Then, they leave you all alone in the room and you have to individually make a flight plan. It's nothing hard, you just need to follow the instructions.
The main task is to direct a plane from point A to point D via some other waypoints. In order to do the task as good as possible you need to take some instructions into consideration.

And after 30 minutes, the examinators come back and they will take your materials. Then, they will call each of you in another room, where you will have to present your flight plan.
Good luck and happy "thread-digging" :p

Jen84
11th May 2011, 06:51
Thanks alot, the thread is pretty big but I start digging in it right away!
So it's not that hard then?
And the other part of phase two? Something special to consider? (But I guess I will find that in this thread aswell) ;)

/Jen :)

Jen84
11th May 2011, 17:08
One more question:

In the SDM-test, is there a schedule included aswell? So you can see when to remove strips? Like in Sky test software? (If not, how do you know when to remove them?)

Thanks for your help! :O

Lampe
13th May 2011, 09:25
There is no schedule included. You have to delete strips when they are at the next fix or the strip is at the last fix.
eg. If a plane flies over Munich, then over Berlin and as last one over Amsterdam, then you have to delete the strip at Munich at the time the flight is over Berlin. The strip at Berlin has to be deleted when the flight arrives at Amsterdam. And because Amsterdam is the last fix, you have to delete the strip at Amsterdam at the time the flight arrives there.

But all this is clearly explained before you do the SDM test so don't worry about that.

Lampe
14th May 2011, 10:43
From Brussels it will be difficult. It takes 1 hour and 20 minutes with the train, plus 20 minutes on the bus. And you will not have immediately a bus, so probably 20 minutes waiting too. 2 hours traveling to get there, and more or less the same to come back...
I don't know about the other cities.

roitos
16th May 2011, 11:07
definitely don't fly to Dusseldorf - weeze. You have to take 4 trains and 2 buses to get to Eurocontrol/Tulip inn. If you fly to Dusseldorf main airport you still have to take 4 trains but only one bus :p

Flying to Eindhoven is a good option as there is a direct train and it takes only 1 hour.

hope it helps*

castanha02
16th May 2011, 16:00
Heys guys,

first time posting here!
I've applied to Eurocontrol trainning in Maatricht about two months ago, and last week I received the following email:
Dear Applicant,
We have now received your complete application and we will be in contact with you with a date for you to attend phase 1 testing here at Maastricht UAC.
Kind regards,
Imke WILLEMS

How long does it usually take till the phase 1 testing?

Cheers!

Lon More
18th May 2011, 21:07
Does anyone know if its possible to commute to and from Maastricht from major cities in neighboring countries? Such as Düsseldorf, Brussels,..?
If you mean after completing the initial training and by car, yes. However the duty roster would make it very difficult when working shifts. Maastricht is well served by motorways in all directions. A group of 4 in my team travelled together every day from the vicinity of Brussel. (I think more effort went into the driving rister than the monthly watch list) Others commuted from Düsseldorf.

castanha02
18th May 2011, 21:25
Heey,

anyone is going to Maastricht to do the phase 1 selection testing on June 9th?

And if I pass this first part, how long will it take till the medical examination part?

:ok:

Gina90
19th May 2011, 17:57
hey castanha02,

after the first phase of testing you may be invited for phase 2 and after that if you pass again the interview.

The medical examination is always around 3 months before your trainingsgroup will start the atc training, so this may take a long time. some people have to wait e.g. 1 year 3months, others just 3 months... so it depends on how full the next group already is and when the next training starts...

greetings

cmvlad
21st May 2011, 00:44
Hey,

Who was invited for Phase 1 on 14th June?

fly_ebos
23rd May 2011, 11:22
Derek, I live in Leuven and I can tell you that commuting to Maastricht is not a problem at all. 99% of the time the traffic jam is in the other direction that you are going. Only problem is when you finish a nightshift at 6.30 in the morning.

Amino
23rd May 2011, 17:59
Are you able to apply to Eurocontrol again if you are not accepted during phase 2? If yes, when?

Jen84
23rd May 2011, 18:33
Hello!
A few days ago I completed the FEAST- test.
Now 2 extremely nervous weeks are waiting for me.... then the test results arrives in my mailbox.
Hopefully it will be a positive answer! :O

So, to my question:
After the pen and paper test and after the SDM-test, we did a test called FEAST DART. A radar test. Anyone who has done it?
It was really really hard. I missunderstood the first part where you`re supposed to lead the aircraft from where it is to the yellow triangle by chaninging degrees and left/right. :ugh: However, the other parts of the test,(where you´re supposed to lead 2 or 4 aircrafts over 4 yellow checkpoints in order), I maneged to do it at least. But I crashed with the other aircrafts maybe four times ,and maybe four times my aircrafts automaticly went to the next chekpoint. Most of the time when I flew over the checkponts I flew into the center of them (that gave me extra points I think). And the part when you´re supposed to fly as economical as possible (without to many changes in degrees) I guess I flew as I did in the other parts. (Perhaps not as economical as it could be.) :bored:

So, my question? Well, any of you who has done this test, what du you think about my chances when it comes to getting that positive result in my mailbox?
(The other parts went really well I think.)

Thanks!! :)
//Jen

cmvlad
24th May 2011, 09:12
@ Jen - are you talking about phase 2 or just the phase 1 that includes the FEAST?

Jen84
24th May 2011, 10:32
Im talking about phase 1 that includes the FEAST-test.

(Here in Sweden we split the FEAST test on two seperate days, with a few weeks between part 1 and part 2 )

roitos
24th May 2011, 13:39
so why are you writing on the Eurocontrol thread? some of the tests you referred I haven't even heard about them ever...

Jen84
24th May 2011, 14:29
Because Sweden is a part of Eurocontrol, so I thought that someone here might have done the same test as I did.

GlobalJourney
24th May 2011, 14:57
@Amino- Yes you can, after 2 years, assuming that you still fit the age criteria.

roitos
24th May 2011, 17:11
It is indeed part of Eurocontrol but the recruitment process is independent as far as I know. Every member decides which tests are best for them. However, it is consensual around Europe that FEAST test are well designed and people who pass generally perform well during the training and also later as ATCo.

Those tests you were talking about, I guess they are specific to the Swedish service provider.

In eurocontrol, stage 1 are normal FEAST tests during the morning and SDM in the afternoon.
Stage 2 is due to happen some weeks later if successful and consist basically in group dynamics, pen and paper exercises, following orders etc.
The next day is stage 3, which is the interview.

alevst
29th May 2011, 11:26
i'll be there on that day

Arivin
30th May 2011, 12:32
Hey guys, i'm going to Eurocontrol to attend the phase 1 testing on the 10th of June... Anybody else going to Eurocontrol too on that day?? :)

OlafG
1st Jun 2011, 09:40
Oh well. I didn't pass phase 2(SDM + a pen and paper test where you are to navigate ships in a coordinate system). Atleast I did my best, and I probably didn't have the required skills.

There's still a lot of other options out there!

cmvlad
8th Jun 2011, 19:45
Hello,

Can anybody tell me how many cubes do you have to solve and in what amount of time, and how many grid questions do you have to answer in what amount of time?

Lampe
11th Jun 2011, 08:48
There are 25 minutes for 36 cubes.
With the grid test I can't help you.

finalex
12th Jun 2011, 13:52
Hello!
I'll be going to maastricht on the 14th of june for phase 1! I' ve spent some time looking for information about the test and Eurocontrol in general, although I don' t think it'll be that helpful. If I understood correctly, the hardest part should be the one with the cube?
Good luck to everyone participating that day; I' ll go practice with "my state of the art paper cube" :ok:

cmvlad
29th Jun 2011, 18:42
I'm due to come to MUAC on the 5th of September for the phase2. Can anybody tell me any information about phase2 besides the ones already sent in the email( describing the activities briefly)? Any help would be much apreciated

Gina90
3rd Jul 2011, 16:00
in phase 2 you have some group discussions where u have to solve some problems together with ur group. furthermore u have to do a flight plan with the information that is given to you. then u have to present ur flightplan and u are asked some questions about it (be confident and be committed to ur flightplan). another test is the drawing exercise. u sit back on back with ur partner. ur partner gets a technical drawing and hast to describe it to you , so that u are able to draw it on another piece of paper without having seen the original drawing. then the other way round ( u are the descriptor, your partner the drawer).

good luck !!!

Janeszka
20th Jul 2011, 15:04
Greetings!
I've just applied to Eurocontrol on friday, and filled out the form yesterday. I also sent a scanned version of my secondary school leaving papers.
This year I applied to Hungarocontrol, but I failed after the personal interview, this is why I applied to Eurocontrol.
Since I passed here the FEAST test and got the class 3 medical certification, do i have to do the FEAST and the medical examination again? Both are 2 months old :)

Best Regards
Janeszka

roitos
22nd Jul 2011, 06:26
hey,

I'm not sure about this, but I think it is up to the company to decide whether you have to repeat them or not. If they feel it is necessary, then you'll have to repeat them, I don't think there is a straight forward answer to this.

*btw, check your PMs

LMX
22nd Jul 2011, 12:06
Usually they will go with the FEAST results you had the first time. The medical is more of a company thing, and I think it is a bit more thorough than a normal Class 3, so you would most likely have to do that again. That's assuming you get to that stage, as you would still have to do phase 2 (group exercises) and the interview before they let you in.

Shadowrun
27th Jul 2011, 20:38
New FEAST test at july 2011 in Spain.

SDM was replaced by a brand new test: DART (Dynamic Air Radar T---).

There isn't any info on the internet about DART.

It had nothing to do with strips. It was a radar simulator. You had to change heading and flight levels to avoid conflicts (not local or opposite conflicts, but real crashes).

It's easier than SDM. Instructions are well explained and you have 3 tests to practice before real test.

Duration: 2h

obihoernchen
28th Jul 2011, 18:05
Hi,
I followed the whole thread until now an I have two more questions about the feast test.

1) SDM test: When you spotted a local conflict, and you get a message for changing altitude or arrival time in one of the two strips, will this be considered as a new conflict and you have to mark it again or will it be a mistake if you mark it again?

2) cube test: You get a cube and two possible nets, right? But will there be a static image of the cube or is the cube rotating while you think about the right answer?

It would be nice to know about these things. Thank you ;)

roitos
29th Jul 2011, 09:48
hey,

in the SDM test you only have to spot conflicts once. After that it is considered as a mistake and you'll be punished. However, Local conflicts are different from Opposite conflicts, in which case you'd have to spot them both but only once no matter if they climb or descend afterwards. All this will be explained to you before the test, so dont worry.

As to the cubes, you'll have a static net and three possible answers: two static cubes or none of them.

hope it helps*

maria31
10th Aug 2011, 12:45
is there a level I have to reach in Skytest for being sure of passing FEAST?
how much did those who passed FEAST did on Skytest?

rachael94
11th Aug 2011, 13:16
I'm going into my last year of school and I want to apply to Eurocontrol! Currently filling out my application form. Any tips? also do you think I, who will only be 18 if I get through, will have as much a chance as older applicants in their early 20s? let me know :ok:

Approach27L
11th Aug 2011, 21:25
Hi folks,

Is anyone going for the phase one testing on September 19th at Maastricht? If so, has anyone done any preparation for it? All the best!:ok:

M atc pt
11th Aug 2011, 22:36
Hi,
I'm going for the phase one testing on September 20th at Maastricht.
I think there isn't much you can do to prepare yourself, other than having an idea of what the tests are like...
:) I wish you all the best

Janeszka
12th Aug 2011, 07:55
Hy guys,
Sorry for my noob question :) But which tests are on Phase 1? Only the FEAST test?
Also do you had to send them a Certification of Visual Performance paper, before Phase 1?

ps: good luck guys!

SierraRomeoKilo
12th Aug 2011, 17:39
Hi guys,

I'm going to phase 1 test at 19th. As I read at the polish aviation forum there is no posibility to prepare to the FEAST test1 because in our Polish Air Navigation Service Agency there was a lot of people who past the test doing for ex. the Preparation Tools for FEAST and there were lot more people who past this test without doing anything. So in my opinion it is best to go there and stay focused as much as possible and if you have prepositions to be an ATC you pass it.

For the colegue who ask about the Visual Performance certificate. I've done it.
Why U ask. You didin't have to do it?

Good Luck at yours test. Best wishes from Poland :)

Janeszka
12th Aug 2011, 20:45
Hy,
I'm asking it because I had to do it, but I don't have to go to Phase 1, because I passed FEAST here, in hungary few months ago at Hungarocontrol, but after the interview i failed.
I've just got a mail, this afternoon, saying that I will be invited to Phase 2, which will be in October :)

Best wishes for the Phase 1, looking forward to meet on Phase 2 :)

no pain no gain
12th Aug 2011, 20:54
hey rachel.. i guess u have the same chance as anyone else
and about the tips.. there are plenty in the thread ;)

boda
15th Aug 2011, 22:03
I would like very much if you can take me out a doubt:
If I'm remembering well in the SDM, spotting an opposite conflict implies three checkings:
1 - The two airplanes must fly in opposite directions and their strips must not be removed yet. For example, a first airplane flies from A to B and a second airplane flies from B to A.
2 - In respect to the time distances, the time (between the 1st airplane in point A and the 2nd airplane in point B) and the time (between the 2nd airplane in point A and the 1st airplane in point B) should be less than 4 minutes. These two times should be less than four minutes.
3 - In respect to the vertical distances, the distance (between the 1st airplane in point A and the 2nd airplane in point B) and the distance (between the 2nd airplane in point A and the 1st airplane in point B) should be less than 30 flight units. These two distances should be less than 30 flight units.

My doubts are the following:
1 - In the time distances condition (2nd condition), the time (between the 1st airplane in point A and the 2nd airplane also in point A) and the time (between the 1st airplane in point B and the 2nd airplane also in point B) shouldn't be taken into account? Aren't they relevant?
2 - In the vertical distances condition (3rd condition), the distance (between the 1st airplane in point A and the 2nd airplane also in point A) and the distance (between the 1st airplane in point B and the 2nd airplane also in point B) shouldn't be taken into account? Aren't they relevant?
3 - Finally, are the 2nd and the 3rd conditions necessary to consider an opposite conflict or one of them is enough to spot it?

I'm looking forward for an answer from you and I would like it very much.

Thanks http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

maria31
17th Aug 2011, 07:08
I see it very simple:
1. verify all altitudes.
2. if there is any difference under 30, STOP.
3. verify if the 2 altitudes you have selected (under 30) meet also the time condition, under 4 minutes. if YES= LOCAL CONFLICT.
if NO verify also their destination. if opposite= OPPOSITE CONFLICT
if not opposite= nothing.

Dom.
19th Aug 2011, 19:21
Hey,

I am going to phase 2 on the 6th of september. I have read a lot about the tests but i did not find anything about the test where you have to explain a picture or drawing. could anyone give an example? what are they like?
thanks a lot already

LinaT
20th Aug 2011, 13:46
Hi,

Is anyone going for the phase 1 on September 21th at Maastricht? (:
Have you heard something about re-taking test? :confused:

obihoernchen
22nd Aug 2011, 10:37
The SDM test is no longer in use I think.
I had to do the DART test during my Phase 1 in Maastricht.

Speedbirdnine
23rd Aug 2011, 00:55
Could you please explain in what consists of this new test?

Thanks.

obihoernchen
23rd Aug 2011, 12:30
It is a radar test. You have to control aircraft in a sector. The test starts with lots of practise time.
After that you have three tests, first without and later with background traffic. During the last test, you have to concentrate on the traffic and on autitive excercises simultaneously.

Speedbirdnine
23rd Aug 2011, 14:35
Thank you very much. I guess you can assign instructions with the mouse, right?

I appreciate it.

aura88
30th Aug 2011, 15:45
Hi everybody, I m new here! Lina, I also have the 1st phase on 21 September. How do u guys prepare? Are there any free tests we can do?

gemy11
6th Sep 2011, 18:45
I am going also to phase 1 on 21 of setember!!!!

Janeszka
13th Sep 2011, 18:55
Hy guys,
Does anyone already have date for Phase 2 in October? :)

ksko
16th Sep 2011, 07:08
Hi,
I'm about to do the tests. To my help I have the Skytest prep. software version 2.1 (this new version includes the "DART" (Dynamic ATC Radar Test))

In every exercise of the Skytest software there are three levels.
Could someone, who recently did the FEAST tests, help me do a comparison between the real FEAST vs Skytest, for example?:

Big Numbers Comprehension = Skytest, level 3
Coordinate System Test = Skytest, level 2
Cube Folding Test = Skytest, level 1
etc etc

Exercises in Skytest are:

Big Numbers Comprehension
Coordinate System Test
Cube Folding Test
Divided Attention Test
Dynamic Radar Test
Learning and Applying Rules
Planning Ability Test
Dynamic ATC Radar Test
Strip Display Management Test

airbaltic
16th Sep 2011, 08:11
Hey guys.

I have been reading this thread for about 6 months but have never posted.

So, I applied in January 2011, a week after my country became a member of EUROCONTROL.

Sent in my diplomas and visual exam in February and got an invite in March to attend Phase 1 in May. I couldn't go due to university exams, so they changed it to June.

Attended Phase 1 on June 10 which was a Friday. Checked my e-mail next Wednesday and got an invite to Phase 2 for September 7.

Attended Phase 2 on September 7. I was walking back to the hotel when I got a call from Imke to attend an interview the next day.

Had my interview on September 8, Wednesday, and was told to call Monday, September 12 for results. I called on Monday and they told me to call back on Friday.

So, I called back today on September 16 and they told me I am in :)

I start training in January 2012.

I hope this gives you a good idea about the timeline of the application process.

I am basically starting a year after I applied, but I think I got lucky that the January group had 2 open spots.

If anyone else from the January 2012 group (Gina90?) is reading this, please PM me :)

Everyone else, best of luck! :) As far as advice on how to make it goes, I can only say one thing - composure :) Also, with every stage I told myself to just make it to the next stage and no further, and I guess it worked :)

Don't hesitate to ask me questions though :) I'll be glad to help :)

Approach27L
18th Sep 2011, 08:20
Hi! Well done AirBaltic.

I'm currently on my way to Eurocontrol for phase one testing for Monday. Out of interest, how did you find the tests?

All the best!

airbaltic
18th Sep 2011, 11:27
Honestly, I thought they were hard. After every test I was convinced I had failed. Turns out, I did pretty well.

I studied for the FEAST test on feasttest.com. I know a lot of people say you cannot prepare for the FEAST and it is either a you got it or don't thing, but I disagree.

By doing the exercises on the web tool I got a good idea of what to expect on the real thing. There were some differences, but at least I had practiced to maintain focus for 5 hours straight doing exercises that any person would find challenging.

I think the web tool is a great way how to brush up on those "you got it or don't skills", because, honestly, you could be the best ATC out there, but do you seriously work on your spatial thinking by folding cubes every day? NO.

So do not believe that preparation is not going to do you any good. If you have the necessary skills, then preparation is going to help you bring them out on the big day.

Speedbirdnine
20th Sep 2011, 08:21
One question for those who have already taken the tests:

What exactly do you have to listen during the DART?

Thank you.

PS:

How much traffic must you control at the same time during the test? Are there lots of "grey" aircrafts?

What is it like: 3 or 4 Aircrafts under your control with 5 uncontrolled aircrafts, or 6 or 7 controlled plus 12 to 15 uncontrolled?

GlobalJourney
20th Sep 2011, 13:25
Does anyone know how many were doing the tests today? The group seemed huge!

Janeszka
26th Sep 2011, 17:17
I just received the letter, that my Phase 2 will be on October 18.
Anyone for this date too? :)

roitos
28th Sep 2011, 00:17
out of curiosity,

anyone from phase 2 and 3 on the 8th and 9th of September here?
PM me!

cheers*

Gina90
16th Oct 2011, 16:22
good luck to all phase 2 ppl!!!
hope to hear good news soon!

Paraskevoulla
17th Oct 2011, 10:00
Hi there! When you say that there were differences, what exactly do you mean? The cube for example, were there more than 4 choices, were the shapes different? I will be doing part 1 of the feast test on November and i am also practicing on feasttest.com and would really like to know how similar the exercises are. :)

slamdoneck1991
17th Oct 2011, 11:56
Paraskevoulla
Hi. Tell me please, when did you apply?

Paraskevoulla
18th Oct 2011, 04:59
I applied on september and I called a few days ago. They said that the first test will be on november.

slamdoneck1991
18th Oct 2011, 10:27
And one more question...when did you sent your visual performance test..?
I also applied on September, but sent the certificate 8 days ago, and now i'm waiting for response...

Paraskevoulla
18th Oct 2011, 11:32
They did not mention anything about a visual performance test. What exactly is that?

slamdoneck1991
18th Oct 2011, 11:36
They asked me to pass through ophthalmologist, and check my sight.

Marios47
18th Oct 2011, 13:02
Hey guys !

I got an email stating that i will get invited for November.

I am still waiting for the date.

Has anyone else been confirmed for November ?

Paraskevoulla
19th Oct 2011, 05:12
Hello Marie!
I am from Cyprus too. I did not get an email but I called and they said that the first part will be in november. Most propably near the end. They will send a letter. When did you get the email?? And why was it sent for if it did not mention the date of the test?

Paraskevoulla
19th Oct 2011, 05:22
Regarding the DART test, how many parts is it and how much time have you got?
The 4 waypoints are shaped as a square or is the formation with angles, hence much more difficult?
Also, what is the content of the audio messages?