PDA

View Full Version : HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

amos2
10th Jan 2008, 08:35
Aw! Strewth!...

spare me!!!

The_King
10th Jan 2008, 08:36
I think I will start my own unofficial Overtime / Higher duty Ban today.

Stuff QF management.

MENDAERO
10th Jan 2008, 08:56
Started my overtime ban weeks ago

However I hope the negotiations have progressed well since last friday.

With a bit of luck I can end my overtime ban on the 1st of feb.

This message is hidden because amos2 is on your ignore list.:E:E:E

amos2
10th Jan 2008, 09:11
Don't you just love all this coloured kiddies stuff? :ok::ok:

Deck Zone
10th Jan 2008, 09:30
What really worries me is that you guys (you all know whom I'm referring to) are possibly LAME's that are considered professional and mature. The lack of professionalism, maturity, articulation and basic comprehension is astounding.

Gents, Ladies, our lives are in your hands. Smarten up. At least get somebody to proof read you threads before posting.

kalavo
10th Jan 2008, 09:43
At least get somebody to proof read you threads before posting.

Alanis Morissette.

MENDAERO
10th Jan 2008, 10:03
At least get somebody to proof read you threads before posting.

I believe that should read "At least get somebody to proof read your threads before posting.

But honestly, this is a discussion and as long as people can follow your posts, that is all that is required.

Gents, Ladies, our lives are in your hands

You have no need to worry about that in relation to the EBA negotiations. As has been said in previous posts, we will be doing our utmost to provide the traveling public with a quality and safe product, although it may be late.

What you do need to do, is to let management hear and acknowledge this.

Deck Zone
10th Jan 2008, 10:35
MENDAERO

Oh Bugger!!:oh:

Clipped
10th Jan 2008, 10:49
LAMEs be/remain thorough in every aspect of your work.

Something smells very fishy - there is NO way this double dealing lot are going to cave in so easily ... they'd have to be buying time.

However, outstanding work by the ALAEA Team - stay sharp boys and girls.

Pilot Error
10th Jan 2008, 11:52
Ladies, I worked for QF as a 22 year old GA LAME only to be told that a Qantas trained 2nd year apprentice was far better trained than me. Its time you people realise your not as good as you think you are. All the best with your EBA.

Sogi
10th Jan 2008, 11:54
2 slimy Sydney boys showed up in perth yesterday with a pathetic reason for their visit. Mr greek kooratz is here to talk to the foreign operators (apparently) to assure them that everything is going to be ok during our dispute and needs Mr Pretty Boy Lean Smegma to hold his hand. This guy thinks he can sell ice to the eskimos!! Loser..

Geez, they almost had us fooled. NOT..!!!:D

I guess they will be heading home now,at least for a few more weeks.

Make sure you boys in Sydney show them the respect they deserve.

SpannerTwister
10th Jan 2008, 11:57
Bloomberg, One may consider them to be a somewhat respected news source ...............

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=asq5q.j9Dulg

".......... Qantas employees outperformed their counterparts at Singapore Airlines, Asia's most profitable carrier, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Qantas' sales per employee exceeded Singapore Airlines' by almost 10 percent in U.S. dollar terms for the most recent 12 months, Bloomberg data shows."

So now we've not only matched SQ, we've beaten them by 10%, and GD wants more :\ ????

SpannerTwister

chemical alli
10th Jan 2008, 12:29
forget the softly softly approach come the 1st hit em high,hit em low, hit em with the old peabo

wingers
10th Jan 2008, 18:59
Regardless of what we all feel may be a delaying tactic by QF , i applaude the consideredd approach by the ALAEA negotiating team.

The only way we can achieve a win is through negotiation, playing hardball, will as somebody said earlier, unleash a pandoras box of untested IR Laws, both side have the potential to be losers.

Good luck to all i hope that sanity previals and we can all get down to concentrating on what we do best.

One thing is for sure there is a decided level of calm and a lowering of anxiety levels amonst all that i work with.

The pressure from the home front and the realisation we can still hopefully sort this out has made my missus a bit calmer.

The Mr Fixit
10th Jan 2008, 19:16
Man I was f$%ked off when I hear the news first and wanted to tear Purvinas and Cousins a new you know what, weak pr!@ks I thought.

Instead of ringing straight up though I waited for the notice and the AIRC statement I also counted to 10 (sevral times) as my therapist has recommended to keep my temper in check, good move I would have shot myself right between the eyes.

Reinstatement of leave - Slap in the face for QF :ok:

Delaying of action with a JOINTLY AGREED ON 30 day extension so we don't have to re ballot - Slap in the face again for QF :ok:

Line the ALAEA PIA up with the return of the business travelling market - Ouch b!tch slapped again QF :ok:

I'm just starting to realise why I voted the weasel and the thug in, THEY MEAN BUSINESS :E

By the way for the novices to the commish such as I, a silk mate of mine told me when a Vice President of the AIRC convenes a meet and requests a neutral position and you ignore him you do so at your own peril it seems the AIRC have as long a memory as LAMEs and with labor in power they will not disappear.

shitthatsbig
10th Jan 2008, 20:31
Well, Well, Well. You've all been done over again. How stupid are you guys, The QF Management team must be pissing themselves laughing at you again and again. I am totally amazed that you all get hit by the train then get up and walk down the same tunnel towards the light only to get flattened again.
What a bunch of zombies......Snap out of it. Loosers

Clipped
10th Jan 2008, 22:54
****youare ... you are an idiot.

Boys and girls, posts have talked about our major strength and that is being on the job and being comprehensive about our work. That should remain unchanged.

That means we will be doing our bit up to Feb 1 (and beyond) whilst our good people negotiate on our behalf.

Annulus Filler
10th Jan 2008, 22:58
Glad your not part of the negotiating team ****thatsbig. There would be no light at the end of your tunnel. This is positive negotiating on both parts. Keep up the good work ALAEA and Qantas Management. We can both be winners.

shitthatsbig
10th Jan 2008, 23:22
This is positive negotiating on both parts. Keep up the good work ALAEA and Qantas Management. We can both be winners.

ANUS FILLER....... if you believe that you,ve obviously had your ANUS filled by the QF propoganda machine or MH or BOTH.

The reason I mentioned the light is that it was something that they (QF) always spruked about but no-one ever saw. Thats because it has been switched off ever since they decided to completely disband QF engineering.

Thats what they are doing......The only winners are the shareholders in the short term. Long term QF wont exist.:D

The simple fact is that you say you are going to make a stand, Then all you do is stand, turn, bend and cop it sweet.:sad:

Layback
11th Jan 2008, 00:17
I have been reading this thread with great interest. I have never posted on this or any other site, but I am very concerned that anybody would go into print suggesting that somebody's family would be targeted. I can understand focusing attention on an idividual who may cross the line, but their family?? Think about your own wife and kids if you have them and what have they done to deserve being targeted.
I am fully in support of the ALAEA and all it's members.

Torqueman
11th Jan 2008, 00:28
Delaying tactics.

I smell a rat. An old rat that maybe lives in the meadow.....:suspect:

regitaekilthgiwt
11th Jan 2008, 00:58
And the results are in again for Sydney International. Considering there is no ban on, the guys are still holding Qantas up until they behave! Better than the last few days though. Obviously some flights will normally leave slightly late due late passengers etc (within 15 minutes is considered on time), however the overall trend is there.

This is Thursday the 10th of January's Qantas flights from Syd Intl:

QF163....28 mins late
QF47.....5 mins late
QF167....7 mins late
QF45.....23 mins late
QF135....27 mins late
QF63.... 53 mins late
QF81.....26 mins late
QF129....7 mins late
QF149....1hr late
QF43.... 14 mins late
QF127....26 mins late
QF107....24 mins late
QF19.....15 mins early
QF187....Departed on Schedule
QF11.....2 mins late
QF189....4 mins late
QF5......12 mins late
QF31.....26 mins late
QF1......9 mins late
QF117....11 mins late
QF49.....21 mins late
Qf21.....2 mins early

U.K. SUBS.
11th Jan 2008, 01:01
Agree with that Torqueman. There is the smell of Oldmeadow with this delaying manoeurvre. Not forgetting his other consultant looking after the projected AIRC processes and decisions. Meantime the strikebreakers get the required training, the search for more scabs widens and the 'good faith' from QF will be there for all to see during the coming fortnight. Call me sceptic but when the exec deal with these dogs the only way to spell it out for them is 5%, no xpt (which is a money making venture for the Oldmeadows) and the part-timers/defination of the employee.

Anyone got the goss on the dozen or so Ex- Sydney Heavy guys staying at the Mecure in Geelong?. Are these the 3 month contractors for EBY (which ended up in Siaec)

chemical alli
11th Jan 2008, 02:28
after taking many deep breaths to calm oneself,i have to agree that maybe this is the rite way to go,shows the commish we are generally negotiating in good faith for a desired outcome ,not to be confused with hostility toward management.leave re-instated,overtime still on for the guys to top up before the big day.we all know more detailed inspections can be done while at work than away.customer (atlas)chk moved to hkg in fear of industrial action(that must of hurt).

yes we are all itching but like war,pick your battles, know your enemies weak spots,confuse the generals,

keep cool guys walk in the mine field ,dont run

whatdouknow
11th Jan 2008, 05:35
Didn't hear the one about some ex-sydney blokes in Geelong.

Tell me more.. what do u know?

company_spy
11th Jan 2008, 06:18
This mob have blown the Px relief valve, just as we had them in the ring ready to rumble. There will be no forever delaying this, Brown and Cox only understand one language. Maintain the rage!

Talkwrench
11th Jan 2008, 06:26
g'day ****thatsbig. yeah, i guess they really got us good....damn they're clever. I guess I should give up now. They are clearly so much more intelligent and wily than us... we surely dont stand a chance. Thanks ****thatsbig, you've really saved me with your words of infinite wisdom. You're the greatest...will you please consider doing some consulting work for the association. You really have your finger on the pulse.

beachhead
11th Jan 2008, 08:12
Heard that CTS training starts in Terry Hills shortly. 30 blokes have signed up, 1500 bucks to turn up, $10k a month, $100k for the six months.

After that they are looking for someone to sell their souls and Grandmothers to. Considering some have already copped the sharp end of the stick from QF, they are more than happy to sell out on their mates that were left behind.:(

Ngineer
11th Jan 2008, 08:16
Regitaekilthgrwt, your times don't make sense man. Look at what time ojg (2320) and ojm (2230) departed that night and double check what time they were actually scheduled.

Redstone
11th Jan 2008, 08:24
Heard that CTS training starts in Terry Hills shortly. 30 blokes have signed up, 1500 bucks to turn up, $10k a month, $100k for the six months.

After that they are looking for someone to sell their souls and Grandmothers to. Considering some have already copped the sharp end of the stick from QF, they are more than happy to sell out on their mates that were left behind.

Beachhead no truth to that rumour. As far as the scabs go, they will not recieve warm welcomes from everyone. Reality bites and will probably bite them in the ass.

thosecotos
11th Jan 2008, 08:36
The best wages paid in AUS right now for LAME's per type is at Virgin Tech, and we've enjoyed an average 40% increase over 6 years with almost zero union support or influence.

We are under AWA's, get worked hard and paid well, and our GM refuses to engage in discussions with the union - doesn't need to. Job security is very high because we aren't over staffed, even with impending procedural changes (LAME free tarmac).

QF would do well to reduce its workforce by 50%, keep the good guys and pay them an extra 50% wages because they're worth it. Productivity would actually go up because the dead wood could float off down the river and the good guys would get there dues, returning motivation to once upon a time levels - I know because I've worked there. Of course the union won't ever support this because that means reduction in membership and therefore revenue.

2% disparity is a joke for either side to be going to such lengths, and what's wrong with a partly casual workforce anyway(?) - rates are good and it suits a lot of people working around VT/JQ never threatening the livelihoods of our permie guys.

The world has changed....move with the cheese

HotDog
11th Jan 2008, 08:50
I am very concerned that anybody would go into print suggesting that somebody's family would be targeted.

Layback, don't let it worry you. I've had veiled threats to my personal safety for being in disagreement with a gentleman on this forum before. Anonymity builds great courage.:rolleyes:

Spaz Modic
11th Jan 2008, 08:54
:} The old blunt shifter has gone back in the box. Still, it's lot sharper than some:E

Ngineer
11th Jan 2008, 08:59
I'm with you torqueman. We voted for industrial action and then our fed sec takes that right away from us! Promises the company and IRC no action until the 1st of Feb, just enough time for countermeasures to be put in place!! And we were told by the same man to remember the good will the company showed us (cancelling our leave) when we clock on for work, and he goes against his own words!!! Where do we go from the 1st of Feb? Leave is re-approved for Feb and Industrial action delayed until the 1st of March? This is going nowhere fast, and is exactly why we voted for action to be taken. Listen to the members SP!!!!

The Mr Fixit
11th Jan 2008, 09:22
Ngineer, first off my comp sounded a 'TROLL ALERT' but I see you in fact have no concept of an umpire or referee passing judgment so please read the following in totality it may change you perspective.

"Man I was f$%ked off when I hear the news first and wanted to tear Purvinas and Cousins a new you know what, weak pr!@ks I thought.

Instead of ringing straight up though I waited for the notice and the AIRC statement I also counted to 10 (sevral times) as my therapist has recommended to keep my temper in check, good move I would have shot myself right between the eyes.

Reinstatement of leave - Slap in the face for QF :ok:

Delaying of action with a JOINTLY AGREED ON 30 day extension so we don't have to re ballot - Slap in the face again for QF :ok:

Line the ALAEA PIA up with the return of the business travelling market - Ouch b!tch slapped again QF :ok:

I'm just starting to realise why I voted the weasel and the thug in, THEY MEAN BUSINESS :E

By the way for the novices to the commish such as I, a silk mate of mine told me when a Vice President of the AIRC convenes a meet and requests a neutral position and you ignore him you do so at your own peril it seems the AIRC have as long a memory as LAMEs and with labor in power they will not disappear."

Talkwrench
11th Jan 2008, 10:24
Gday beachhead. Don’t worry mate, the rumour about 30 blokes starting to train up to do scab work is just that…a rumour. In any event, do you honestly believe QF will be able to recruit anywhere near the numbers of lames required to provide enough scab labour to keep the operation running? There are around 1600 or so lames at QF. That’s a mighty big number to replace. Do you really think that there are so many lames just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the opportunity to do a six month scab contract for QF? Presumably most lames are fully employed at the moment. What do you think their current employer will say when they ask for 6 months leave without pay to pursue a nice little 6 month earner? They will say exactly what QF would say – no effen way! All the employers know how hard it is to get appropriately licensed lames. Just look at the aviation section in The Australian every Friday. Bottom line…we all know it’s a bluff. If push really comes to shove (I hope not) they wont have a hope in keeping the operation running.

domo
11th Jan 2008, 10:24
We voted for industrial action and then our fed sec takes that right away from us
I thought that we voted to give the alaea the right to use selective measures to enable a better out come to the eba,
If you feel so strongly about it stop doing overtime,secondments or higher duties, I have

Bush Pig
11th Jan 2008, 10:39
I'm with you TW. If you're reading this amos, why are you still here you turd.:}

Bush Pig
11th Jan 2008, 10:47
Hey ****, you been looking at my muscle again? Poof!:=

regitaekilthgiwt
11th Jan 2008, 11:48
Ngineer, sorry, i didn't change the date :uhoh: the figures above were meant to be for Thursday. They are just taken from the QF website. Thanks for letting me know.

Pilot Error
11th Jan 2008, 11:50
After the way you guys treated me in QF as a GA lame I would scab in a heartbeat. And yes I do have the qualifications.:)

Pilot Error
11th Jan 2008, 12:14
Hey Bush Pig, calling names is very impolite. I suggest you grow up. :bored:

NAS1801
11th Jan 2008, 12:23
We voted for industrial action and then our fed sec takes that right away from us! Ngineer, pull your head in. The fed sec's. job is to negotiate an EBA for you. That is his number one priority. It seems you just want industrial action and you are not interested in the actual reason behind the action in the first place.

GROW UP!

LAMEA380
11th Jan 2008, 12:23
Great stuff ALAEA, only delaying the inevitable lockout

comrades...fellow unionists...brothers.... be prepared to be locked out come the 3rd of FEBRUARY

I caanot wait till you all loose your jobs, it is only a matter of time...take 3 % or BE DOOMED.

NEW PLANES ARE A COMIN,

what do you think this is about?

perhpas your union forgot to tell you

THAT THEY WILL BE SOON MERGING WITH THE AWU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAS1801
11th Jan 2008, 12:28
LAME380...... another troll/stooge to add to the ignore list..... hey, now's your chance to ridicule me and I won't even know, because I am blocking you right after I click "Submit reply"

"TROLL FILTER ENGAGED"

employes perspective
11th Jan 2008, 12:29
ah finally aircraft that can fix themselves,it' amazing what these aircraft builders can do these days,looks like they won't need you either LAMEA380 or is it AP you d!ckhead

Pilot Error
11th Jan 2008, 12:32
Talkwrench, it's more than thirty. Difference here is we won't sit in the smoko room talking all day. We will fix aircraft, have you ever done that before?

LAMEA380
11th Jan 2008, 12:34
NAS has bloked me ...Employees Perspective has castigated me.......

wow intelligence...........next qall you need todo is fill a form in called

UNEMPLOYMENT

because thats where all you over employed MILITANTs will end up, you are DOOMED

Hasherucf
11th Jan 2008, 12:39
It would be interesting if this website displayed IP addresses of its posters. I think we would find some company based stooges ;-)

LAMEA380 you do realise that there is a cronic shortage of LAE's ? If you think new aircraft and EASA training is going to change that then think again. It hasn't worked in europe and it wont work here.

Personally I was disappointed by the 3 week stay of execution. Lets take a lesson from the Khmer Rouge and take Qantas back to 'Year Zero'. :ok:

Pilot Error
11th Jan 2008, 12:40
But that's what they deserve. Poor things could not work in an iron lung.:ugh:

LAMEA380
11th Jan 2008, 12:42
K ROUGE... what a great example,......you see normal people belive in progress

TELL ME SOMETHING YOU KNOW, I HAVE TOLD YOU

you guys are LOCKED OUT BEFORE YOU KNOW IT

ALL OVER RED ROVER,

employes perspective
11th Jan 2008, 12:42
the only intelligents that's missing here is in that bonehead of yours if you think that QF can go on without 1700 LAME's,thing is it's usually scabs like yourself that have your nose so far up managements arse,just so they can't turn around to see how useless you really are,go for it moron show them how good you are

LAMEA380
11th Jan 2008, 12:45
EMPLOYEES PERSPECTIVE

or EX

EMPLOYEE.................matter of months

you guys and your union have no idea

AWU WILL SOON BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

domo
11th Jan 2008, 12:46
[QUOTE][Talkwrench, it's more than thirty. Difference here is we won't sit in the smoko room talking all day. We will fix aircraft, have you ever done that before?/QUOTE]
If you were so good how come you are unemployed hey top gun,have you read the policy manual, have you got a toolbox even, transit authority hero call a real lame if you ever find a defect

employes perspective
11th Jan 2008, 12:50
i can't wait for this IA to start,it's going to be such fun,finally sticking it to management and morons like yourself LAMEA380 ..AKA ..AP,also looks like you will finally have to crawl out of managements arse,and but some overalls on,will your ego be able to handle it AP

Hasherucf
11th Jan 2008, 12:53
LAMEA380 / Pilot Error do you get paided overtime for this? Wouldn't Qantas have you on doubletime or are you guys the night shift ? . Must be nearly 1am there.

LAMEA380
11th Jan 2008, 12:58
IF IF IF Industrial action starts which i hope does

You will all be

UNEMPLOYED

LINE UP at the nearest

AWU

office, or please see you ex ALAEA delegate who mis now employed by the

AWU

Hasherucf
11th Jan 2008, 13:16
A380 ..unemployed in the current enviroment ??? . Get a job doing anything other than aircraft engineering and still get paid more.An auto sparky is getting 130k in my area (mining) with a car and accomadation.

Your AWU chants are mind numbing dull.Back up your claim with hard facts.

LAMEA380
11th Jan 2008, 14:03
Hey HASHERUCF

ANOTHER NUMBER PLEASE BE A GOOD COMRADE, WE NEED NUMBERS

OR WE DONT

JUST JOIN THE AWU

COULD BE A GOOD EBA

The Mr Fixit
11th Jan 2008, 19:37
A380 / Domo

Quite obviously you are not members of the ALAEA which simply means you hang off our coattails accept pay rises and excellent conditions built up over 50 years and CONTRIBUTE NOTHING but diatribe and stupidity

The AWU card has been played before mmmm let me think oh yes at the last election, 18 months ago when all the Aholes were put out to pasture so it seems you are either one of them or one of their buttboys

If you're not aware the former FED SEC is sunning himself in the south of france for 2 years is that a pay off from QF because he and his cronies sold the ALAEA out. (mmm maybe that's why all the posts are in the middle of the night - HELLO/GOODBYE TIMMEE - grab another beer and cry in it :{)

THE ALAEA NO LONGER KOWTOWS TO ANYONE

THAT"S WHAT SCARES THE **** OUT OF QF.

THEIR OFFICIALS ARE CONSCIONABLE and even though all but 2 are QF/FORSTAFF employees they WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO CONTINUAL THREATS TO THEIR EMPLOYMENT

SP does not make decisions ALONE the executive does and if any of you have questions to ask ring the office and get a number of an EBA committee member to ring THEY WILL ANSWER.

Funny thing is unlike the previous executive, they don't turn their phones off, they discuss the issues and more importantly their attitude and ideas to what's going on.

I NOW AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF A UNION CALLED THE A.L.A.E.A :D

A UNION OF MEN WHO STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT AND JUST

MY HOPE IS THAT THEY SET AN EXAMPLE TO ALL IN THIS INDUSTRY OF WHAT CAN BE ACHEIVED WHEN YOU PLAY THE GAME RIGHT AND NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER GIVE UP

GO PC, MW, WB, SP, WV, MG, SR, BB, BMG, PC jnr, CH, VV, FW, RY, DM, PP and a blast from the past JA

You're doing us proud :ok:

Anulus Filler
11th Jan 2008, 19:45
Mr Fixit

Well said.:ok:

employes perspective
11th Jan 2008, 19:48
hear hear,now piss off back to what arse hole you crawled out of LAMEA380

thosecotos
11th Jan 2008, 19:52
Hmmmm. Is it the A.L.A.E.A or the Q.L.A.E.A??

Rocket Rob
11th Jan 2008, 20:58
LAMEA380

AWU, Mmm, AWU , Mmm Dunno This One Oh Yeah!!

AWU All Washed Up Not Worth Keeping!!

domo
11th Jan 2008, 21:03
Domo

Quite obviously you are not members of the ALAEA

why have they been sending me an ok card since 1988, and why do the deduct my pay, all Id said is i no longerer worked overtime, secondements or do higher duties of my own accord if thats riding on the coat tails of the alaea. you must have misread my post.

PS to the dum$ shi#@ im on your side even though you are not on mine.
Id consider joining the AWU if they brought back the blue shirts, these white one feed some people egos and make they think that they are management not just qualified mechanics who sign their own work

Clipped
12th Jan 2008, 01:24
Gents, gents ... don't allow sh.tstirrers to suck you in, wind you up - it appears some of the recent posts are spiralling into an abyss of useless abuse.

Use this forum productively, it has proven very successfull thus far - do not respond to twits, who having nothing to offer other than slander. It is obvious they spend their lives, contributing little.

Dick.Hayes
12th Jan 2008, 03:11
LAMEA380IF IF IF Industrial action starts which i hope does

You will all be

UNEMPLOYED

I’m confused LAMEA380.
What about that pesky section 448.
“488. 1 An employer must not;
(a) dismiss an employee, …….because the employee….has engaged in protected action”

600ft-lb
12th Jan 2008, 04:12
Unemployment from Qantas may just be the help some people need to further their careers elsewhere.. As we all know, furthering ones career at Qantas is reserved for the lean sigma work dodgers, or what ever other management fad is currently in favour.

It wouldn't be the end of the world, look at ex-Ansett employees, it may have been tough for some who had only ever worked for them, but they moved on, often for the better.

Spreading fear amongst the troops LAMEA380 doesn't have the effect when most other industries pay more. You are obviously a consultant from a company paid by Qantas to deliver their agenda. A popular message board on the internet is a good way to go about it, just try to be a bit less obvious eh ?;)

Long Bay Mauler
12th Jan 2008, 04:25
Perhaps the current executive can take another look at invoicing those LAMEs employed at Qantas,but who have thoughtfully resigned from the ALAEA and joined another union.

This is to help recover the cost of providing a payrise under the new EBA(which will happen,when not if).Remember that Qantas LAMEs may be in the majority of members of the ALAEA,but to be fair to those GA LAMEs whose subs are also being used to fight our battles,then surely it is legally fair to ask those LAMEs who are no longer in the ALAEA to cough up to help top up the coffers.As they will benefit because they are employed as LAMEs,and Qantas will pay them what the LAME Award says to pay them.

This was a proposal thought up by the previous executive,which I fully endorse,as I don't think that I or any other paid up member should have to subsidise those weasels who have jumped ship,but will eagerly stick their hand out for the payrise when it comes around.

Big Enis Burdett
12th Jan 2008, 05:26
This was a proposal thought up by the previous executive,which I fully endorse,as I don't think that I or any other paid up member should have to subsidise those weasels who have jumped ship,but will eagerly stick their hand out for the payrise when it comes around.Bug a lugs,

Maybe the Exec could publish a list of the weasels in the E-torque mag once the EBA is wound up, especially the real freeloading weasels - the ones that are not members of any union but will happily take a hard fought pay rise.:mad:

Big E

amos2
12th Jan 2008, 07:55
Oh dear!...

so of 1700 lames in QF...

there are two or three different unions representing you?...

all with different agendas?

Surely that's not correct!

Someone like to advise us on this?

Short_Circuit
12th Jan 2008, 08:21
I cant believe the MAJOR Qantas Shareholders or the Board have not jumped in on these management thugs that have personally caused the
share price to fall over 20% since engaging in a move to block a very honest 5% pay deal for LAMEs which is in line
with the CPI that all other workers in Australia have already enjoyed.

Qantas is/was a 12 BILLION dollar company, ie 1,985,000,000 shares at over A$6.00 07 Dec 07, but yesterdays close A$5.11. = 10 Billion.
Thats 2 BILLION dollarsoff the bottom line because of Dixon & Cox and if not the total amount at least most of it.
Not to mention the other 10% of forecast profit put aside as a fighting fund.

Some STOOGE suggested a few days ago it was because of the ASX200 falling 0.75%. I do not think it has crashed to the tune of 20% !!!! in one month.

Why are these mob still not being held accountable. How much profit are willing to loose to bash their loyal employees????
Why would you pay bonuses to there incompetent thugs...

amos2
12th Jan 2008, 08:37
So, are all you Qantas lames members of the one union or not?

domo
12th Jan 2008, 08:54
there are 1700 lames in qantas and 1510 were eligible to vote (alaea members) some of the other 200 stayed in there ames union when they got licenced, others choose not to join a union it is a free country after all

Millet Fanger
12th Jan 2008, 09:26
Some others have resigned from the ALAEA because they have been told too by the Fat Controller and friends. What have they been promised as a reward for this and their other activities - A380 training?

Short_Circuit
12th Jan 2008, 09:35
They turn against their own kind for quick profit, they will also turn just as quick against management when it suits them. They are marked for life both ways. Fools.....:mad:

amos2
12th Jan 2008, 09:37
So about 200 engineers are not involved in this dispute and will be exempt from any industrial action. Is this correct?

Short_Circuit
12th Jan 2008, 09:46
amos2
surely even you can not defend a 2 BILLION DOLLAR
trouncing on the stock market? Seriously.. :confused:

Millet Fanger
12th Jan 2008, 09:50
No, it's not correct. Quite a few who were not members have joined up since the vote now that they have seen how the new exec of the ALAEA is operating. Some others who refuse to join, for whatever reason, will still go along with the IA because they are not blind, they can see what this present management has done to Qantas and their careers.

Bacc30m6
12th Jan 2008, 09:57
I was in heavy maintenance when it shut down and remember what action the ALAEA took to support there members which was NONE . You didnt help your mates then and you wont help yourselves now.

I know a few guys that were offered the $100k/6 month deal and knocked it back reason being that they are pissed at qantas and pissed at you guys for not supporting them and never want to see your faces again. They are not worried about scabbing on people that s**t all over them because you (syd) all deal with scabs everyday anyway ( go and ask the lads in GOLF-1 what its like to be a scab )

I personally would like to see you stick-it the grubs that run the place and walk out the gate. They cant lock you out , the fitters did it for 3 weeks in 2001 and werent locked out . The last group to beat the grubs was the AWU/AMWU in 2002 when they were the only ones to beat he wage freeze.

If you want the 5% you gotta grow some balls and take it .

Prove me wrong but most of the lames wouldn't walk out the gate if the place was on fire.

Dick.Hayes
12th Jan 2008, 10:30
I reckon most share holders would be reading the newspapers and the thought of industrial action would be a big incentive to sell.
Airlines shares have always been volatile.
The biggest costs, being fuel and staff…… any problem with one of those is enough to make most smart investors jump ship.
Bye Bye Share Price.
The proof is on the score board.

MENDAERO
12th Jan 2008, 11:34
I was in heavy maintenance when it shut down and remember what action the ALAEA took to support there members which was NONE . You didnt help your mates then and you wont help yourselves now.

Bacc30m6, I agree that more should have been done back then, and we have now voted in an entirely new executive, who are now listening to the members wishes.

But I have to ask this question again, because many shout it, but none have ever answered the simple question of, what did you propose we should have done. If its, do what the association told us to do, thats easy, they didn't direct us at all. But like I said it a new executive now and the mistakes and inaction in the past are over.

Prove me wrong but most of the lames wouldn't walk out the gate if the place was on fire.

You can say that, but I could also say that when requested most lames have walked out the gate. But neither of us are basing that on any facts are we.

The facts are 87% voted for PIA, and the ALAEA have proven that they will use the approved PIA as needed during this EBA negotiation.

Anyway, I hope you have found greener pastures outside of Qantas

Pilot Error
12th Jan 2008, 11:53
I'm curious to see how far the LAME's will go. Being ex Qantas, I know you guys will roll over rather quickly. :hmm:

Long Bay Mauler
12th Jan 2008, 12:24
Pilot Error,you werent nothin!!Except maybe just an error,you troll.

And yes Amos2,there are LAMEs in other unions,but they dont get represented by those unions,so really they are wasting their money by paying dues to them.They get no REAL representation from these unions,because all these other unions are interested in is how much money in dues they can extract from these LAMEs.

If these other unions were doing their job,well we would see their union appointed lawyers in their fighting for the 5% with the ALAEA.Because at the end of the day,their members are LAMEs too.

And I aint heard diddley squat from them.Have you?

At the end of the day the ALAEA negotiates the wages/salaries for LAMEs,and those people employed as LAMEs get paid what is agreed to by the ALAEA and Qantas,and not by the AWU,AMWU or any other union.

So harden the f*ck up,and get back with the program you LAMEs that are currently not associated with the ALAEA.

Pilot Error
12th Jan 2008, 12:29
Hey bug-a-lugs, your a w@nker from way back you dcikhead.. Love you meet you in person???????

Long Bay Mauler
12th Jan 2008, 12:39
Anytime you illiterate Twit.

Anytime.

Trolls like you dont worry me or the cause,because you aint headed anywhere fast amongst this group of professionals.

P.S. Just get over your silly pathetic rants,as your opinion is not relevant here,since you are either not a Qantas LAME,or you are some stooge employed to spread your vicious,spineless venom.:=

Pilot Error
12th Jan 2008, 12:53
Not illerate bug-a-lugs "fact is your not allowed to say rude words here" Funny thing is I'm making more money now than you could ever dream of you troll...:rolleyes:

Dick.Hayes
12th Jan 2008, 14:43
Yesterday 22:29Pilot ErrorHey bug-a-lugs, your a w@nker from way back you dcikhead.. Love you meet you in person???????

Settle down gentlemen.
Bug-a-lugs, we love you.
Pilot Error, you are illiterate. Your post 1086 you said
“love you meet you in person”. Is that like love you long time.

You better go back and edit it so you don’t look illiterate.