View Full Version : NATS interview process

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47

Timpsi
24th Mar 2018, 16:08
Having my Stage 3 in a month. For the interview; when they say that you shouldn't use the same examples for different questions, does this mean I can't use the same "job" or "hobby" for 2 different kind of questions? I understand I'm not supposed to use the same exact situation to 2 different questions. But just theoretically, what would you do if you run out of jobs, schools or hobbies that you can apply to the next question if you've already gone through the ones you've been a part of. What then if someone has only been to 1 Uni and maybe 1-2 jobs that they've been working at for a longer period of time? Just curious!

stupotk
24th Mar 2018, 17:19
You can definitely have more than one example from the same place of work/education! I must have used 3 examples for my current workplace. You just need to ensure each answer is a different specific situation. Good luck!

Timpsi
24th Mar 2018, 19:07
You can definitely have more than one example from the same place of work/education! I must have used 3 examples for my current workplace. You just need to ensure each answer is a different specific situation. Good luck!
Thank you!

I've never had a serious job (or any for that matter) interview outside of Sweden so I don't know if it's a bit different in the U.K. But I guess it's not that much of a difference!:ok:

BARRY_SCOTT
25th Mar 2018, 14:29
Is the Personality Profiling Interview something you can prepare for (solid examples etc) or is it just a case of being yourself?

stupotk
25th Mar 2018, 15:55
I would suggest the personality profiling part of the interview you can be yourself, but you may need to provide examples. It’s only the competency based part that you should prepare specific examples. (This is just my opinion though!)

Caspian1
26th Mar 2018, 13:42
Hi there,
I’ve been allocated a place on the course starting at CTC on 23rd May this year,
I was told I’d revive an information pack and my contract about a month ago. However as yet I’ve not received anything of the kind, I have send a couple of emails and a voicemail with still no reply. Have any of you been able to get in contact with the recruitment department?? as I’m unsure of what to do now.
I'm in the same position exactly. Not too worried, still two months away. I'll probably give it until 1st May before chasing them. Congrats by the way and look forward to meeting you on the course.

Prototoes
29th Mar 2018, 16:41
What type of lunch is provided during the stage 3 assessment?

(Asking the real questions...)

Sandwiches, wraps, crisps, fruit and water as far as I can remember.

rachii94
29th Mar 2018, 19:06
Hi all!

I passed all the stage 1 back in February, however I’m currently in the final few months of my law degree and a single mum to two little ones that I haven’t been able to book my stage 2 assessment day yet. I live in Sunderland so will have to travel down the night before and either stay with family or in a hotel but that’s fine.
I was just wondering what is the best way to prep for the day besides the booklet obviously? Is there any further things you would recommend doing to hopefully increase my chances? And what are the FEAST and DART tests like?

Thanks

The Many Tentacles
30th Mar 2018, 15:27
Learn the booklet and just be refreshed and relaxed really, as best you can be anyway :)

There was a good post about Day 2 a while back, but I'm too lazy to search for it

BARRY_SCOTT
30th Mar 2018, 15:57
Post #10371 is the helpful one.

For FEAST/DART you get examples and a practise before each test which is plenty enough. Just keep focused and don't panic when things go wrong.

3rd Apr 2018, 16:18
Hi Guys,

I have recently been successful and have been offered the job and I'm set to join the course at Global ATS in July. Is anybody else in line to join this course?

Cheers.

ATCkmmbbh1
5th Apr 2018, 06:01
Yes, me too! I'm hoping for the same course if all works out with my medical and security in time for July.

5th Apr 2018, 17:11
Yes, me too! I'm hoping for the same course if all works out with my medical and security in time for July.

Same here buddy. I have the medical beginning of May so fingers crossed. I was contemplating starting a Facebook group/ WhatsApp chat for accommodation etc to keep costs down. Interested? (Will probably make sense to do so following the confirmation of medical etc.)

ATCkmmbbh1
5th Apr 2018, 18:51
Definitely! Not sure if you can private message on this but if not let me know your email or something? And guess I will see you at medical on 10th May!

5th Apr 2018, 21:07
Me too, guess thats 3 out of 12 of us ��

6th Apr 2018, 10:34
My medical is on the 3rd of May! I've made a FB group if you search for 'basic 258' you should be able to find it... hopefully speak to you both on there!

JulietLewisWhisky
6th Apr 2018, 21:37
Hi Guys,

I have recently been successful and have been offered the job and I'm set to join the course at Global ATS in July. Is anybody else in line to join this course?

Cheers.

Me too, subject to everything going through ok. Can't wait to get started :ok:

JViatorMC
7th Apr 2018, 15:02
Hi all,

I passed stage 0 and 1 two days ago, awaiting an invitation to stage 2..

Any ideas on how long this can take?

Just about to graduate from Uni and trying to decide if I should start pursuing other job opportunities if it's going to be a long wait...

Cheers and gone.

Timpsi
7th Apr 2018, 17:30
Hi all,

I passed stage 0 and 1 two days ago, awaiting an invitation to stage 2..

Any ideas on how long this can take?

Just about to graduate from Uni and trying to decide if I should start pursuing other job opportunities if it's going to be a long wait...

Cheers and gone.
My invitation came after about 3 weeks, some have had it earlier and some got it later than that.

ZOOKER
7th Apr 2018, 18:43
JViatorMC,

Always have a 'Plan B'. :ok:

Venyx
8th Apr 2018, 13:37
Would anyone be interested in a similar group for starting in Jerez in June?

Satyricon
10th Apr 2018, 15:52
Hey guys,
I could really do with understanding a bit more about the industry before I progress with my application.
I took the online tests on a whim and have been successful but I know nothing about being employed as an ATC.
I understand that NATS is the 'agency' that provides ATCs to the majority of UK airports.
However, I also understand that some airports don't use NATS verified agents.

Is there another body that trains people in this sector?
I know for example that Ireland run their own programme to provide ATCs for the 3 main airports.
I saw ANS being talked about, do they train their own people specifically for Gatwick and Edinburgh?

Also, do any of the credentials you earn with NATS give you the right to work for European/US airports or have they their own recruitment process?

Sorry for all the questions.
Just hoping someone on here is more educated on the topic than me.

stupotk
10th Apr 2018, 20:07
Would anyone be interested in a similar group for starting in Jerez in June?

Don’t see why not! If you do - drop me a PM and I’ll join!

Satyricon
11th Apr 2018, 04:30
chpmerlin;10113745]Satyricon

Thank you for all the information!

So for the likes of airports throughout Europe, who is training and recruiting their ATCs?

For example what would be the route to working at CDG?

Richjonesy
11th Apr 2018, 09:47
Anybody attending stage 2 next Monday (16th)

It will be my second attempt. First time I let myself down on DART by a couple of marks. Not entirely my fault but my family has pushed me towards applying again so fingers crossed this time is better!

Igi
11th Apr 2018, 23:28
Hi all

Can anyone please tell me what happens if I went to school in a different country and as a result, I don't have GCSEs. I do have an educational certificate, but I could not find exactly what is it equivalent to in the UK. I did not take final exams from Maths though, as I could only choose one science subject and I went for Physics.Also, I believe that as English was only a second language, it is not classed as an equivalent for GSCE exam for sure.

Anyone from abroad who is currently employed by NATS cares to give me a bit of an insight into this?

Thank you

Timpsi
12th Apr 2018, 10:42
Could someone that has been through Stage 3 at NATS recently send me a PM, please?

Thanks!

carl8989
12th Apr 2018, 13:47
Hi! I am currently at stage 1 of my assessment and I'm about to take diagrammatic reasoning test as well as spatial reasoning test. I've had couple of practice attempts, turned out a bit better that I expected, but I'm slightly nervous, as the level of difficulty will most likely be higher that in the tests I've taken so far..
Sooo.. Do any of you have any tips with regards to these 2 tests? I would appreciate any help!
Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks!!

Richjonesy
13th Apr 2018, 10:42
Could someone that has been through Stage 3 at NATS recently send me a PM, please?

Thanks!

How did you find stage2? Any insight into the day was structured and what entailed would be appreciated!

The Many Tentacles
15th Apr 2018, 17:06
chpmerlin;10113745]Satyricon

Thank you for all the information!

So for the likes of airports throughout Europe, who is training and recruiting their ATCs?

For example what would be the route to working at CDG?

Be French for starters.

dFixxx3r
16th Apr 2018, 19:18
so how much is the ATC education if someone was to take it privately? At Global ATS or somewhere else ?

BrentvdP
16th Apr 2018, 23:11
Just passed Stage 2, with the ATC, FEAST and DART.

Can answer some questions if you like;)

Satyricon
17th Apr 2018, 00:00
Be French for starters.
So they strictly employ French citizens?

Richjonesy
17th Apr 2018, 09:47
So I passed stage 2. Absolutely delighted!

However, has anyone sat stage 3? I’m told there’s a further computer test and interview with competency based questions. Can anyone give further insight into the computer test and also maybe an example of the types of questions I’ll be faced with?

Many thanks

Satyricon
17th Apr 2018, 16:06
For those that passed Stage 2, at the time and during FEAST/DART, did you feel that you hadn't done enough to pass?

JViatorMC
17th Apr 2018, 17:25
Can anyone give further insight into the computer test and also maybe an example of the types of questions I’ll be faced with?

Congrats Rich,

Passed stage 2 yesterday too, would appreciate any info on the above or a link to existing info

:-)

Kcross123
18th Apr 2018, 15:52
Just passed Stage 2, with the ATC, FEAST and DART.

Can answer some questions if you like;)

Hi,

was there much maths related questions? if so what kind of maths was it? (speed distance time, fractions etc)

and are there any questions on the aircraft types in the document that they give you? (what speeds/levels)

Many thanks

Kcross123
19th Apr 2018, 10:37
BrentvdP;

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.

Are all of the questions multiple choice?

BrentvdP
19th Apr 2018, 19:40
Yes they are

Satyricon
19th Apr 2018, 22:04
BrentvdP;

When you say distances in the UK, is that in regards to the wake turbulence between aircraft?

BrentvdP
21st Apr 2018, 13:05
No just distance, thats it

BARRY_SCOTT
23rd Apr 2018, 16:31
What are peoples experiences with the wait times for stage 3 results?

Satyricon
23rd Apr 2018, 17:41
No just distance, thats it
Theres being helpful and being vague...

Aviation67
24th Apr 2018, 18:11
I'm in the same position exactly. Not too worried, still two months away. I'll probably give it until 1st May before chasing them. Congrats by the way and look forward to meeting you on the course.

Congrats on getting thorough, I also look forward to meeting you. I got sent my conditional contract about 3 weeks ago. Now I’m focusing on finding a place to stay near CTC, NATS have say they have contacts regarding accommodation, do you know anything of this yet or have you already sorted accommodation.

Cheers :)

cunners7
24th Apr 2018, 18:30
Did my stage 2 yesterday, I was the only one to pass FEAST in the whole group 😯
I feel like I made a few mistakes on the DART test but had nobody to compare with, anyone else feel like they made a few mistakes but still got through?

Caspian1
26th Apr 2018, 08:43
@Aviation67 - I've not heard from NATS at all since the conditional contract was sent out. I was hoping for some further learning material to be sent out, as they hinted at in the correspondence.
Accommodation - I live in Winchester hence will cycle/drive from here. Your best bets for decent value accommodation are Southampton or Portsmouth. If you're from Stockport you are NOT going to like prices in the south!

Caspian1
26th Apr 2018, 08:44
@ cunners7 - Yep, that feeling exactly. Seat of the pants the whole way. I think absolutely everyone who took/passed stages 2 and 3 would agree.

cunners7
26th Apr 2018, 23:37
@ cunners7 - Yep, that feeling exactly. Seat of the pants the whole way. I think absolutely everyone who took/passed stages 2 and 3 would agree.

Yeah, I just got an email to say that I've passed stage 2, it's hard to judge how well you've done at the time and also it's easy to be self critical In these situations.

BrentvdP
27th Apr 2018, 08:22
Theres being helpful and being vague...

When you say distances in the UK, is that in regards to the wake turbulence between aircraft?

I said it is just distances, this because they will ask you to estimate the distance between 2 cities within the UK. And about the wake turbulence, just remember the example in the booklet.

The Fat Controller
27th Apr 2018, 08:34
Expect to be asked how to tell the time too, it is essential for avoiding action !

Schools in the UK Are Removing Analog Clocks Because Students Can't Tell Time (http://www.odditycentral.com/news/schools-in-the-uk-are-removing-analog-clocks-because-students-cant-tell-time.html)

Satyricon
28th Apr 2018, 13:05

I said it is just distances, this because they will ask you to estimate the distance between 2 cities within the UK. And about the wake turbulence, just remember the example in the booklet.

Thank you for that. I have to admit I have read nothing about distance between cities in the uk in my booklet.

Can I just confirm the booklet attached to your email was: Version 3, 2nd February 2016?

Exdshurtsbad
28th Apr 2018, 19:12
distances in atc probably refers to separation standards. In TC it’s 3 nm in AC it’s 5 miles. In tc it may extend to 5 miles after 80 miles from the radar head. I think, maybe wrong been a long time

BrentvdP
29th Apr 2018, 08:57
Thank you for that. I have to admit I have read nothing about distance between cities in the uk in my booklet.

Can I just confirm the booklet attached to your email was: Version 3, 2nd February 2016?

Yes it is that version. The information wasn't in the booklet however there were in my test 2 questions about it. Same as the calculations, they weren't in the booklet, but were on the test.

Satyricon
29th Apr 2018, 12:33
Yes it is that version. The information wasn't in the booklet however there were in my test 2 questions about it. Same as the calculations, they weren't in the booklet, but were on the test.

Oh, well that's worth knowing, thanks for the heads up BrentvdP and well done on getting through Stage 2.

Erakat
29th Apr 2018, 15:17
Is anyone else attending the stage 2 assessment day tomorrow?

djblu1980
2nd May 2018, 12:36
Congrats on getting thorough, I also look forward to meeting you. I got sent my conditional contract about 3 weeks ago. Now I’m focusing on finding a place to stay near CTC, NATS have say they have contacts regarding accommodation, do you know anything of this yet or have you already sorted accommodation.

I would take a look at spareroom.co.uk or wait until you know is on your course and maybe share a house. It isn't cheap near CTC. You will be lucky to get anything for less than £350 a month. NATS give an allowance towards this of £60 a week.

BARRY_SCOTT
2nd May 2018, 18:20
Has anyone who had their Stage 3 in April heard anything yet?

ATCkmmbbh1
14th May 2018, 12:11
Hey,

Does anybody know whether the training at Gloucester does both Area and Tower training? Or is CTC the only place that gives you the option of both?

Thanks in advance!

AyrTC
14th May 2018, 15:47
At the moment I believe Global can only do “Tower training”. In theory I suppose you could do a basic course there then go to CTC for an Area course. I would think this is unlikely because the course progression is Basic-Aerodrome-Approach Radar and it is easier for everyone involved to keep the same people on the course progression.
Also if you have been accepted as a NATS TATC the “option” to choose which course you go on will not be down to you!
Rgds
AyrTC

ATCkmmbbh1
14th May 2018, 21:20
At the moment I believe Global can only do “Tower training”. In theory I suppose you could do a basic course there then go to CTC for an Area course. I would think this is unlikely because the course progression is Basic-Aerodrome-Approach Radar and it is easier for everyone involved to keep the same people on the course progression.
Also if you have been accepted as a NATS TATC the “option” to choose which course you go on will not be down to you!
Rgds
AyrTC
That makes sense - thanks for explaining!

LaserEyes
21st May 2018, 01:38
Yes, NATS CTC is the only place you can do the area course, but they don't decide what route you go down until you are some way into your course (at the end of the basic course I think). So if they decide you're best suited for area control then they would send you to CTC after doing your basic course even if you did the basic at Global. They are sending a number of people to Jerez in Spain for the basic course and then following that they have to come back to the UK to CTC or Global to do the following courses, so I don't imagine they have any qualms about changing training locations after the basic course.

yux5
23rd May 2018, 18:09
Hiya been watching this forum for over a year but never posted!

So a little more than a year ago I had my stage 3 and sadly failed. However, in September I got an email from them saying

'Unfortunately though you were not successful on this application attempt, you however you did come close to the role requirements and therefore we would like to invite you to re-attend in 12 months time and allow you to progress straight through to the Stage 3 Assessment Centre. '

It goes on to say they'll email me 12 months from my original centre date, but I'm yet to hear anything!
Has anyone else been in a similar situation? I'm worried they've just forgotten about me :)

Caged_phoenix
24th May 2018, 13:22
Hi everyone, am delighted to have passed stage 2 , I've received an email saying I need a valid passport to attend my stage 3? Has anyone without a passport been able to sit a stage 3 interview ? Happy to get one if need be

Mattb88
31st May 2018, 06:35
Hi all, new poster here. I found this page while looking for study aids for the NATS online assessments. I’m happy to say that I’ve passed stage 1 and I have my stage 2 assessment booked in for 02/07/18.

The learning material for the ATC test I’m not too worried about but from what I’ve heard about FEAST and DART there’s no real preparation - either you can do it or you can’t.

ATCkmmbbh1
1st Jun 2018, 10:47
Caged_phoenix - I think someone in my Stage 3 forgot their passport and only had their driving license - I think they were ok but it delays the security process maybe? Worth calling them to check, just to be safe.

Mattb88 - Correct, there isn't any prep you can do for FEAST/DART!

I'm going to be joining the July course at CTC, anyone else on here doing the same? I've found a nice 2 bed flat to rent on the Portsmouth side if anyone is keen to share?

Venyx
1st Jun 2018, 11:00
Hi everyone, am delighted to have passed stage 2 , I've received an email saying I need a valid passport to attend my stage 3? Has anyone without a passport been able to sit a stage 3 interview ? Happy to get one if need be

I forgot my passport to my Stage 3, but I did have to send it in the post afterwards when I was offered a place. I'd get in touch with recruitment if I was you and ask for alternatives.

GreenATC
1st Jun 2018, 12:32
yux5 - Did you ever get a follow up regarding this?

ATCkmmbbh1 - Congrats on your course date, man. How long after the Stage 3 Assessment did you get your confirmation? Also quickly did you get booked into the medicals and security clearance? I also heard that there are two medicals: the NATS one that is a precursor to see if you will pass the Medical 3 Certificate. Is this right?

Finished my Stage 3 a while ago and just waiting for the outcome! Ahhh!

Caged_phoenix
5th Jun 2018, 14:01
I forgot my passport to my Stage 3, but I did have to send it in the post afterwards when I was offered a place. I'd get in touch with recruitment if I was you and ask for alternatives.

Thankyou that's very reassuring , will give them a call this week, I've applied for a new one and been told via text it should arrive a month before my stage 3 interview 🤞

BARRY_SCOTT
5th Jun 2018, 18:17
How long after the Stage 3 Assessment did you get your confirmation?
For me it was two weeks, but other peoples accounts were 5 days to a month.
Also quickly did you get booked into the medicals and security clearance?
Took a week to book the medical, medical was about 3 weeks after that.

GreenATC
5th Jun 2018, 21:59
For me it was two weeks, but other peoples accounts were 5 days to a month.

Took a week to book the medical, medical was about 3 weeks after that.

Thanks BARRY_SCOTT. 15 days has passed for me but sadly not 15 *working* days. Blast that term haha. Good to know about the medicals.

ATCkmmbbh1
6th Jun 2018, 08:13
yux5 - Did you ever get a follow up regarding this?

ATCkmmbbh1 - Congrats on your course date, man. How long after the Stage 3 Assessment did you get your confirmation? Also quickly did you get booked into the medicals and security clearance? I also heard that there are two medicals: the NATS one that is a precursor to see if you will pass the Medical 3 Certificate. Is this right?

Finished my Stage 3 a while ago and just waiting for the outcome! Ahhh!

Congrats! Hope all goes well for you. It took me 10 days to hear back and then I got a medical date for about 6 weeks time. There are 2 medical forms to fill in, one the NATS use to judge whether they think you will pass the medical and the other official form you need to take to your medical with you.

chips1
11th Jun 2018, 08:11
Alright folks, just signed up to the forum.

I have my Stage 2 in July. Of course I have a long way to go but was wondering a couple of things for those successful in Stage 2 and Stage 3. Obviously as has been said many times, it is up the them where they put you, but if you end up on the area control path you will be in either 1 or 2 places, Swanick or Prestwick, is that correct?

Does anyone have any idea how often Trainee positions become available at Prestwick? Being from Glasgow this would be ideal for me so I'm hoping if I am fortunate enough to make it to the stage of being offered a position I would end up there.

In terms of the training plan, it's 8 months at a training centre(s) then you are placed in the work environment, if I am reading things right? If you were to be placed at Prestwick or Swanick after 8 months does that pretty much mean that is the centre at which you will be employed?

Any info much appreciated!

GreenATC
11th Jun 2018, 16:49
[QUOTE=chips1;

As I'm led to believe, basic training is in either Swanwick, Gloucester or Jerez and lasts two months or so. Then for area control, yes, either Swanwick or Prestwick.
As for how often training positions become available in Prestwick, I personally do not know the rate of recruitment for Prestwick; I regret to say the answer is probably "in line with the demands of the business". On that note, I was told by a NATS employee that once, a group of trainees completed their area control training and then right before they were to be posted, NATS needed more tower controllers, and so they ALL retrained to become tower controllers. Based on this, your guess is as good as mine when it comes to recruitment rates.

After the basic training (2-3 months), and the specific training (area: +9 months / aerodrome: +5 months / aerodrome/approach: +8 months), you then have 12-18 months of work placements. I do not believe that where your work placement is is always where you'll be posted once you validate. For example, if you were a tower controller in Heathrow on your work placement, at the end of the placement once you become validated, there may be a need for a tower controller in Aberdeen. Off to Aberdeen you go! (Everyone seems to hate Aberdeen, haha, I'm not entirely sure why but it gets scapegoated a lot!) However, it is probably very likely that those who train as an Area Controller in Swanwick will probably then validate and continue to work in Swanwick. From what I've read and people I've spoken to, that seems to be the case. I imagine it's probably very similar for Prestwick. Finally, while the demands of the business take priority, it is not unheard of to have your preferences accommodated for: on youtube search for this "NATS TRAINEES ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS PART 1 ASKNATS.

I tried to post a link but the forum wouldn't let me.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your Stage 2!

DistinctlyPlain
11th Jun 2018, 19:10
After the basic training (2-3 months), and the specific training (area: +9 months / aerodrome: +5 months / aerodrome/approach: +8 months), you then have 12-18 months of work placements. I do not believe that where your work placement is is always where you'll be posted once you validate. For example, if you were a tower controller in Heathrow on your work placement, at the end of the placement once you become validated, there may be a need for a tower controller in Aberdeen. Off to Aberdeen you go! (Everyone seems to hate Aberdeen, haha, I'm not entirely sure why but it gets scapegoated a lot!)

When you validate somewhere you are only validated for that specific sector of airspace, if you then move somewhere else you need to validate all over again. Therefore I think it'd only be in extremely rare cases that they'd send you somewhere else after you've validated.

At least that's my understanding!

aviationtrainee33
11th Jun 2018, 19:25
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, I have my stage 3 coming up soon and was looking for some advice. I've just graduated from university so have little work experience outside of part-time work so I'm a little nervous about the competency part of the interview. If there's anybody here who's passed stage 3 was just curious to know what sort of backgrounds you came from.

As for the technical portion of the interview is it mostly based off of the information pack? Will I be required to memorise all the plane statistics?

Would appreciate any info!

Atctrainee1
12th Jun 2018, 19:36
Hi all, new poster here. I found this page while looking for study aids for the NATS online assessments. I’m happy to say that I’ve passed stage 1 and I have my stage 2 assessment booked in for 02/07/18.

The learning material for the ATC test I’m not too worried about but from what I’ve heard about FEAST and DART there’s no real preparation - either you can do it or you can’t.
Hi
Im new to this forum . congrats on passing your stage 1 assessment. Could you please suggest any reading aid for the online stage 1 assessment . Thanks

chips1
13th Jun 2018, 03:19
Thanks GreenATC

Frazman
17th Jun 2018, 08:28
Congrats to all successful with the NATS selection.

I recently failed the 2nd section of online tests (drat!!!) Can anybody say for certain if there is a required waiting period before reapplying? I can’t find any info from NATS regarding this. Thanks

cunners7
19th Jun 2018, 14:09
Congrats to all successful with the NATS selection.

I recently failed the 2nd section of online tests (drat!!!) Can anybody say for certain if there is a required waiting period before reapplying? I can’t find any info from NATS regarding this. Thanks

It's definitely 12 months I'm afraid.
​​​​​​

Cameron_95
20th Jun 2018, 14:46
Hi everyone,

I’ve just received an email after passing stage 2 to book in for the stage 3 interview day. Does anybody have any advice as to the set up of the day and what each part entails, especially the Eurocontrol computer-based assessment?

Thanks!

GreenATC
22nd Jun 2018, 08:39
Hi Cameron_95.

It depends on whether they'll ask you to the eurocontrol assessment or not. At our Stage 3, we did not do the eurocontrol assessment because they weren't doing it at Prestwick interviews so they wanted to maintain consistency among all the applicants.

Thus, our day was as follows:
- Arrive at 10:00am and go through checks and screening
- 10:30am we were taken to what seemed like a common room and were given the chance to ask questions to a a guy who has done the job for many years
- You'll probably be in pairs and one of you will be collected first to the interview; if you are waiting, someone else will come and collect you for yours
- Interviews are with two people; you'll undergo a competency interview first where you're asked about your competencies in certain areas; think of challenging times in your life
- After the competency interview you'll undergo the technical interview; make sure you're on form when it comes to knowing the info in the book; you'll be quizzed; then afterwards there'll be some great questions about certain scenarios in the air. Just relax, there's nothing wrong with finding it difficult and take your time. They prompt you if you get stuck and they are rather friendly.
- At the end there'll be a brief personality profiling which is relatively harmless.

It was a pleasant day. I'm now waiting for the outcome!

Good luck!

BARRY_SCOTT
23rd Jun 2018, 14:12
That's interesting GreenATC as I thought all the assessments were done at Whiteley. It also makes you wonder if the computer test counts for anything if some people aren't doing it.

TaelS
23rd Jun 2018, 15:31
GreenATC still waiting for the outcome? That's tough... Reading the last messages it would probably be more than a month waiting for you? Did you contact them?

ChrisF87
23rd Jun 2018, 15:43
Hi everyone!
I just registered here.

I took the FEAST and DART tests last 7th June.
I passed FEAST, with other 2 our of 5 people there, but, after 2 weeks of long waiting, I was notified I did not pass DART.

All the official information I had was: 'once you have applied, you can not apply again', then I read somewhere that you can apply after 2 years, and they I just read again that is 12 months. Someone can clarify this? I understand that whenever I apply again, I should retake FEAST again too even if I passed this time, am I right?

And what about applying in other companies/countries? Can I apply now lets say in Ireland if I just failed the DART test in NATS?

Anyone can help?

Thank you!

Mickmac2018
24th Jun 2018, 13:08
Hi everybody I’m new to this forum, I attended a stage 2 back in March and I have heard nothing back regarding results for the DART test, I have contacted HR several times and still yet to receive any results. Has anybody else had this problem? If so any advice on how to resolve this? I was starting to worry that as I haven’t heard it must mean that I failed but the last person I spoke to said I would find out either way. Thanks for any help.

DistinctlyPlain
24th Jun 2018, 18:48
Hi everybody I’m new to this forum, I attended a stage 2 back in March and I have heard nothing back regarding results for the DART test, I have contacted HR several times and still yet to receive any results. Has anybody else had this problem? If so any advice on how to resolve this? I was starting to worry that as I haven’t heard it must mean that I failed but the last person I spoke to said I would find out either way. Thanks for any help.

Back in March?! Sounds like something has gone wrong on their end. On their website it says you'll hear within 30 working days from the end of the week of your assessment so that pretty much gives them 6 weeks to get back to you. I dunno what you can do other than contacting them though.
I'm currently waiting to hear back from a stage 3 that was over a month ago now as well.

Timpsi
25th Jun 2018, 07:26
I've been trying to email them about the process after the final stage, and this was 3 weeks ago. No response since then. Have they all gone on holiday at NATS? :}

GreenATC
25th Jun 2018, 13:38
Yeah, they were holding some assessments in Belfast as well and weren't doing the EuroControl so neither did we. As for how much they matter, it's anyone's guess!

GreenATC
25th Jun 2018, 13:45
Hi TaelS,

Yes it's now been over one month since I did my Stage 3. We were told we'd hear back within 15 days yet nothing so far.

I emailed HR one week ago; it was the same person I had contact with previously and it was their direct work email address rather than an [email protected] for example.

Bizarre and a little disappointing really. It takes a lot of effort and commitment to prepare and actually get down to the interviews and for them to not reply within their own 15 working day timeframe is somewhat unprofessional, particularly after sending a follow-up email.

Mickmac2018 - I can empathise with you! No idea how they haven't responded to you. I did my Stage 2 in May and heard within 5 days. Something isn't quite right within NATS' recruitment.

Timpsi - I'm with you, man.

Cheers,

GreenATC

UPDATE: Received a phone call to tell me that they had a problem with their computers or something and they are going through the applications again. They said that is why no-one has apparently heard anything. But good news, I've been given a conditional offer :D

DistinctlyPlain
25th Jun 2018, 16:17
Hi TaelS,

Yes it's now been over one month since I did my Stage 3. We were told we'd hear back within 15 days yet nothing so far.

I emailed HR one week ago; it was the same person I had contact with previously and it was their direct work email address rather than an [email protected] for example.

Bizarre and a little disappointing really. It takes a lot of effort and commitment to prepare and actually get down to the interviews and for them to not reply within their own 15 working day timeframe is somewhat unprofessional, particularly after sending a follow-up email.

Yeah agreed, it's a really poor show from NATS to be honest. It feels like my life is on hold while I wait on them to get back as well since it's really awkward trying to arrange things for later in the year if you might be moving to Fareham at any moment.

I was told at my interview that there aren't enough controllers right now as well so you'd think they'd want to get folk started as soon as possible.

Timpsi
27th Jun 2018, 09:38
UPDATE: Received a phone call to tell me that they had a problem with their computers or something and they are going through the applications again. They said that is why no-one has apparently heard anything. But good news, I've been given a conditional offer :D
Good to know, but strange that we don't receive any kind of information about this one might think. But it's a waiting game now then, I suppose!:}

Richjonesy
2nd Jul 2018, 22:36
anyone attending stage 3 next week in Whitely? I’m booked in for the 11th and staying over if anyone is around and wants a pint to settle the nerves then I’m there!

Caged_phoenix
3rd Jul 2018, 08:53
anyone attending stage 3 next week in Whitely? I’m booked in for the 11th and staying over if anyone is around and wants a pint to settle the nerves then I’m there!
good luck with stage 3 I have mine booked for 25th July , after my stage 2 I had on 22nd may, I wanted to give myself time to prepare and learn the plane statistics etc! How far are you coming from?

LyanRewis
3rd Jul 2018, 22:35
I have my Stage 2 on the 6th - my main worry is the learning of the document they sent!

I received it yesterday (passed stage 0&1 early last week) but I could only do the 6th as I am unable to take time off of work over the next couple of months!
Anyone have any tips with this, are there for definite areas I need to learn 100% or would a solid 75% of most be ok?

Just really worried as I reckon I have all the other areas down, my only concern is the document learning :(

Richjonesy
3rd Jul 2018, 22:36
good luck with stage 3 I have mine booked for 25th July , after my stage 2 I had on 22nd may, I wanted to give myself time to prepare and learn the plane statistics etc! How far are you coming from?

thanks!
my stage 2 was the 10th of may. Getting the time of work has been a nightmare though somit was the soonest I could get in. Cramming now though for it. Driving down from stoke the day before so about 4 hours? Hopefully!

Tawnyyy
4th Jul 2018, 13:16
Just wanted to wish good luck to anyone doing their stage 2 tomorrow! I'm just hoping I at least pass the first part, we'll see how it goes..

BARRY_SCOTT
4th Jul 2018, 15:34
I've found out I'm on the July course at Global. If anyone is looking for a flat mate feel free to PM me.

Caged_phoenix
4th Jul 2018, 19:41
I have my Stage 2 on the 6th - my main worry is the learning of the document they sent!

I received it yesterday (passed stage 0&1 early last week) but I could only do the 6th as I am unable to take time off of work over the next couple of months!
Anyone have any tips with this, are there for definite areas I need to learn 100% or would a solid 75% of most be ok?

Just really worried as I reckon I have all the other areas down, my only concern is the document learning :(

Hi the plane statistics don't really come up on stage 2 but stage 3 you need to learn the document implicitly I have heard

Richjonesy
9th Jul 2018, 14:07
hi, I’ve asked a few times already but worth one last shot.
For the interview process at stage 3 is there anything outside of the box I could potentially look at? I’ve got mine this Wednesday.
I know the document inside out but have been trying to expand on that with other research to show how keen I am to grab this!
thanks

Venyx
12th Jul 2018, 09:21
So finished the stage 2 process, got through the paper and the FEAST with not too much difficulty - it's a shame they don't show you the results of it! Would of loved to of known areas I got wrong!
With the DARTS I got through the first 5 stages without much difficulty but on the final stage I unfortunately crashed twice and missed approx 4 calculations :ugh:. Has anyone that has crashed passed that to proceed onto stage 3?
Also when talking to the woman when I was leaving that the first couple of stages of DARTS the company that owns the software uses them as the getting use to the "game" so don't panic too much on those stages!
Praying that is a pass though :oh:
Thanks!

I forgot about one of the planes at my Stage 2 and it disappeared off the screen. Safety is a major factor in NATS but also they don’t expect you to be perfect straight away!

@richjonesy - just have competency answers ready and rehearsed. If you know the information in the booklet and how to apply it around a situation then you will be fine in the technical interview. The competency questions will give them a better idea if you are able to cope with the job. Bit more important!

mashman156
14th Jul 2018, 10:18
I've found out I'm on the July course at Global. If anyone is looking for a flat mate feel free to PM me.

Hi mate, on the same course so will catch up with you there. I’m probably going to commute but good to know someone else is on the course. Have you looked through the lesson slides on the portal yet? Thought a lot of it looked pretty intense!

Richjonesy
15th Jul 2018, 19:37
Stage 3 passed last week. It still hasn’t sunk in but I’m over the moon about it! Medical should be cool so win win.
Received a phone call to tell me and they’ve offered me to start a course in Spain in January.
Has anybody or does anybody have any info on this? Such as how long we’ll be out there, what’s the accommodation like they provide, where is it and so on?
I know I’ll find out in due time I’m just really excited and so far can’t find much out.

Thanks 👍

Timpsi
15th Jul 2018, 20:22
Stage 3 passed last week. It still hasn’t sunk in but I’m over the moon about it! Medical should be cool so win win.
Received a phone call to tell me and they’ve offered me to start a course in Spain in January.
Has anybody or does anybody have any info on this? Such as how long we’ll be out there, what’s the accommodation like they provide, where is it and so on?
I know I’ll find out in due time I’m just really excited and so far can’t find much out.

Thanks 👍
I haven't been offered anything yet, but just done my medical. My guess is I have to pass security first (Im not a UK resident) but after I pass I suspect they'll offer me that aswell so I also would like to know more about Jerez!

DistinctlyPlain
15th Jul 2018, 21:29

Thanks 👍

I'm looking to start the course in Jerez in October. You'll be out in Jerez for 5 months before returning to the CTC in Swanick but that's about all I've been told so far.

Venyx
16th Jul 2018, 06:50

Thanks 👍

Hey,

You'll get get loads of introductory info before you come out here. The facilities are good, food is copeable and everyone is pretty friendly. There is a lot of information and you have to start studying from day one, but studying by the pool makes it a lot easier!

best of luck with your medical.

Prototoes
16th Jul 2018, 18:08
Accepted onto the October 2018 course at the CTC.

Anybody else here too who would like to share details/start a facebook group?

Gemstorm
17th Jul 2018, 17:15
Accepted onto the October 2018 course at the CTC.

Anybody else here too who would like to share details/start a facebook group?

Hi! Yes I’ll be on that course. Happy to share details and start a group.

Caged_phoenix
18th Jul 2018, 10:57
Hi everyone, my stage 3 is next wednesday. I have prepared a lot but worried in case i have missed anything important? Any last minute advice to all those that made it? I don't want to miss this amazing opportunity :)

Boa06
18th Jul 2018, 12:48
Just found out (finally)I'm on the October course at CTC. So happy. Happy to swap details / join a facebook group if there is one.

caged_phoenix -advice is to get there in.good time, just try to relax a little. Be prepared for a wait between different parts of the day and just take your time answering the questions in the interview. It's fine to have a little moment to think rather than panicking and just rushing into an answer. Good luck!

Carlysheff
19th Jul 2018, 08:00
I'm looking to start the course in Jerez in October. You'll be out in Jerez for 5 months before returning to the CTC in Swanick but that's about all I've been told so far.

Hi, I am also going to be on the October course in Jerez, can't wait!! Just wondering though, I thought it was just the basic course in Jerez (first couple of months) and then we return to CTC for the specialisation?

DistinctlyPlain
19th Jul 2018, 21:34
Hi, I am also going to be on the October course in Jerez, can't wait!! Just wondering though, I thought it was just the basic course in Jerez (first couple of months) and then we return to CTC for the specialisation?

Yep, but I have been told that the basic course is 5 months? I was given the provisional dates of 22nd October to 29th March

Prototoes
20th Jul 2018, 11:12
Hi! Yes I’ll be on that course. Happy to share details and start a group.
Send me a PM and we can get this started!

Gemstorm
23rd Jul 2018, 15:06
Send me a PM and we can get this started!

I can't seem to send you a PM, but I've activated member to member email on my settings so I think you should be able to message me.

Flying184
24th Jul 2018, 09:49
Yep, but I have been told that the basic course is 5 months? I was given the provisional dates of 22nd October to 29th March

5 months?!!!!! Jesus. Our basic course was 9 weeks!

DistinctlyPlain
24th Jul 2018, 14:13
5 months?!!!!! Jesus. Our basic course was 9 weeks!

Huh. What came after your basic course and how long did that part last?

Flying184
24th Jul 2018, 16:04
Huh. What came after your basic course and how long did that part last?

Basic Course 9 weeks
Aerodrome Course 10 weeks
Approach Radar Course 12 weeks
Posted to airport with 2.5/3 weeks to move which was worrying at first but ended absolutely fine!

This was in the UK however. I suspect the Spanish want their siesta's? Even so... 5 months (20 weeks?!) seems a lot. Would be interesting to know why it is so long or what extra is included.

DistinctlyPlain
24th Jul 2018, 16:41
Basic Course 9 weeks
Aerodrome Course 10 weeks
Approach Radar Course 12 weeks
Posted to airport with 2.5/3 weeks to move which was worrying at first but ended absolutely fine!

This was in the UK however. I suspect the Spanish want their siesta's? Even so... 5 months (20 weeks?!) seems a lot. Would be interesting to know why it is so long or what extra is included.

Ah okay. Well then my best guess would be that we will also be doing one of the Aerodrome/Approach/Radar courses out there as well. I was probably mistaken by calling it all basic training. The wifey on the phone didn't give me all that much information other than the dates!

Venyx
25th Jul 2018, 12:45
Ah okay. Well then my best guess would be that we will also be doing one of the Aerodrome/Approach/Radar courses out there as well. I was probably mistaken by calling it all basic training. The wifey on the phone didn't give me all that much information other than the dates!

hey guys,

your basic will be 6 weeks out here. Well, exams in the 6th week. Then you have a couple of weeks of sims, a break, then you go in to the specialisation. You finish in Spain with a Spanish student licence (but you don’t need to speak Spanish...!) then when you go back to the UK you have a conversion course at CTC before going to unit.

5 months of basic would be soul destroying!

Look forward to to meeting you guys in October.

Venyx
25th Jul 2018, 13:29
Hi Guys,

I have been viewing this forum as a guest for the best part of 4 years now, coming back and too and reading about your experiences with the NATS interview process and I figured it's about time I signed up. I am 23 and I'm planning to submit my application and hopefully begin the interview process. It's something I've planned to do for a while but I wanted to build up some life experience.

I work in the Web Design industry as a web developer, and my first question is, does anybody have any tips or suggestions of how I should structure my CV. I can list skills and qualities that I have developed that relate to ATC easily enough, but I can't list any aviation work experience or anything like that because I have never worked in an airport. Would that be a problem?

Second, I have been practising the the games on the NATS careers website and I think I perform pretty well in most, my biggest weakness certainly being the playing cards memory game! :ugh: I intend to keep practising but could anybody advise if the games on the NATS website accurately portray the level of assessment or are they like easier examples of what to expect on the big day?

My final question is, I read on this thread from a couple of years ago that their may be some Speed, Distance Time questions, such as:

If an aircraft runs out of fuel 60nm from an airport, and is descending at 2000fpm flying at a speed of 240kts, will it be able to land at the airfield?

Can anybody advise if those types of questions are involved in any of the assessment days in 2018, since I haven't seen anybody mention this in a good couple of years. I have a bit more practise to do on my S/D/T calculation skills before I think I'd be comfortable to submit my application.

P.S, one more question. The internet is filled with conflicting answers regarding re-applying to NATS in the future. Does anybody have current information on this, can you reapply if you're unsuccessful or is it a one-time chance as it stands?

Thank you for reading my questions and thanks in advance to anybody who can help :ok:

1) NATS don’t require any aviation experience at all. There’s people that have no interest in planes working as ATCOs - it’s not an issue to them if you have the right qualities.

2) I did absolutely horrendous at all the NATS games. I figured getting wound up about a game that meant nothing wouldn’t help me, so I went in without playing more than 5 minutes of the games combined. So personally I wouldn’t get too fussed about them!

3) I had one or two s=d/t questions in my initial tests at Whiteley so it’s a good plan to be comfortable with them.

Prototoes
25th Jul 2018, 14:27
Hi Guys,

I have been viewing this forum as a guest for the best part of 4 years now, coming back and too and reading about your experiences with the NATS interview process and I figured it's about time I signed up. I am 23 and I'm planning to submit my application and hopefully begin the interview process. It's something I've planned to do for a while but I wanted to build up some life experience.

I work in the Web Design industry as a web developer, and my first question is, does anybody have any tips or suggestions of how I should structure my CV. I can list skills and qualities that I have developed that relate to ATC easily enough, but I can't list any aviation work experience or anything like that because I have never worked in an airport. Would that be a problem?

Second, I have been practising the the games on the NATS careers website and I think I perform pretty well in most, my biggest weakness certainly being the playing cards memory game! :ugh: I intend to keep practising but could anybody advise if the games on the NATS website accurately portray the level of assessment or are they like easier examples of what to expect on the big day?

My final question is, I read on this thread from a couple of years ago that their may be some Speed, Distance Time questions, such as:

If an aircraft runs out of fuel 60nm from an airport, and is descending at 2000fpm flying at a speed of 240kts, will it be able to land at the airfield?

Can anybody advise if those types of questions are involved in any of the assessment days in 2018, since I haven't seen anybody mention this in a good couple of years. I have a bit more practise to do on my S/D/T calculation skills before I think I'd be comfortable to submit my application.

P.S, one more question. The internet is filled with conflicting answers regarding re-applying to NATS in the future. Does anybody have current information on this, can you reapply if you're unsuccessful or is it a one-time chance as it stands?

Thank you for reading my questions and thanks in advance to anybody who can help :ok:

Re-applying has recently changed - it used to be one shot only, but now (I imagine because of limited numbers of successful applicants they are getting through coupled with the national shortage) they have allowed annual re-applications.

S/D/T calculations, I would indeed get to grips with this - it might be a better idea to just understand the physics/mechanics rather than rote remembering how to do the calculation.

The games on the website are designed to test different aspects that they test during the application process, so in that respect they are 'accurate'. The tests are different and there isn't a whole lot you can do to improve other than trying to improve short-term memory and techniques to help remember sequences - after all, it is an aptitude test.

Best of luck!

DistinctlyPlain
25th Jul 2018, 19:59
hey guys,

your basic will be 6 weeks out here. Well, exams in the 6th week. Then you have a couple of weeks of sims, a break, then you go in to the specialisation. You finish in Spain with a Spanish student licence (but you don’t need to speak Spanish...!) then when you go back to the UK you have a conversion course at CTC before going to unit.

5 months of basic would be soul destroying!

Look forward to to meeting you guys in October.

Useful information, thanks for that!

ChrisF87
26th Jul 2018, 09:48
Hi everyone!
I just registered here.

I passed FEAST, with other 2 our of 5 people there, but, after 2 weeks of long waiting, I was notified I did not pass DART.

All the official information I had was: 'once you have applied, you can not apply again', then I read somewhere that you can apply after 2 years, and they I just read again that is 12 months. Someone can clarify this? I understand that whenever I apply again, I should retake FEAST again too even if I passed this time, am I right?

And what about applying in other companies/countries? Can I apply now lets say in Ireland if I just failed the DART test in NATS?

Anyone can help?

Thank you!

Prototoes
26th Jul 2018, 10:46
Hi everyone!
I just registered here.

Anyone can help?

Thank you!

From my understanding, you have to still go through FEAST and DART (or their equivalents) whenever you apply to any ANSP - even if you passed FEAST I previously. What is confusing is that those particular tests are tied to your personal information, so I'm not quite sure exactly how it all works. Perhaps you can only take FEAST once a year? Some ANSPs don't use the Eurocontrol standardised tests, but it would be difficult to find those ANSPs in Europe.

But with regards to NATS, HR told me at my stage 3 that it is now every 12 months.

Caged_phoenix
29th Jul 2018, 10:19
Received the dreaded email yesterday saying I was unsuccessful at stage 3 interviews, so much preparation but it was not to be. Sent a reply to nats thanking them for the opportunity, I think that was the right thing to do. Good luck with everyone who has yet to hear back or who is yet to go through the process :)

chips1
31st Jul 2018, 03:20
Hi TaelS,

Mickmac2018 - I can empathise with you! No idea how they haven't responded to you. I did my Stage 2 in May and heard within 5 days. Something isn't quite right within NATS' recruitment.

Timpsi - I'm with you, man.

Cheers,

GreenATC

Congratulations on the offer mate. Without wanting to pry too much, what do you mean by conditional offer? They want you to meet certain criteria? Sounds more like what you'd expect when applying for university.

I passed the Stage 2 assessments in July, unfortunately I was unable to book any of the Stage 3 dates as they clashed with me working away, but I am checking daily & hoping new Stage 3 dates will be released soon.

Well done to everyone else who has passed and received the course details.

riadh199
31st Jul 2018, 08:12
Hi guys, I hope you're all doing well. This is my first post here, I've been reading your replies for a couple of weeks, they helped me understand the process.

I have a few questions for those who passed stages 0 and 1. So, I first applied for the TATC position a week ago. When they accepted my application they sent me the links to stages 0 and 1 by email. But when I passed stage 1 , The email I received is very short and is text only , doesn't contain any links or attached documents. It says : Congratulations on passing our Stage 1 Online Assessments! The next stage of the process will be to attend a Stage 2 Assessment Day at our Head Office in Fareham, Hampshire. We will send you an invitation to self-register onto an available date very shortly, please book in as soon as possible.

That's all it contains, and this was about 5 days ago. I am wondering how long it will take them to send me the invitation to self-register for stage 2.

And I know that stage 2 will be a combination of ATC knowledge, FEAST and DART. But this email I received doesn't mention anything about a study pack being sent to me nor any other information. I'm sure it's nothing but I'm a bit worried.

Can someone who went through this fairly recently share their experiences with me please ?

Also any advice regarding FEAST and DART would be really appreciated, there isn't too much info on how NATS does it out there.

Thanks for your help guys!!

DistinctlyPlain
31st Jul 2018, 17:49
Congratulations on the offer mate. Without wanting to pry too much, what do you mean by conditional offer? They want you to meet certain criteria? Sounds more like what you'd expect when applying for university.

The conditional offer means you've passed all the assessments and it now comes down to giving them your references to check, getting your security clearance and passing your medical to obtain the Class 3 certificate.

DistinctlyPlain
31st Jul 2018, 17:58
hi all,

Heading down for Stage 2 tomorrow & got my email confirmation yesterday with a start time of 10am.

I was down for stage 2 down back in 2016 when there was no knowledge test and it had a start time of 8am. Just wondering if the FEAST/DART sessions aren’t as long anymore? As now there are 3 parts to the day but in a shorter time period?

Just wondering if anyone knows more?

Also anyone whos been down recently is it pretty much finished by 5pm? I have a flight back to Scotland and hoping I can make it!

Thanks

I had my stage 2 back in February and the 3 parts to the day were all finished by 1330. The person in charge of us for the day basically said that they tell you it'll be finished by 5pm in the event of a fire alarm as that takes a lot of time out of the day because of all the security measures around the building.

For FEAST/DART you have to wait until everyone in your session is finished. In my group I think we all finished FEAST a little early. Chances are you'll be finished by 2pm though.

Arg1203
31st Jul 2018, 18:50
I had my stage 2 back in February and the 3 parts to the day were all finished by 1330. The person in charge of us for the day basically said that they tell you it'll be finished by 5pm in the event of a fire alarm as that takes a lot of time out of the day because of all the security measures around the building.

For FEAST/DART you have to wait until everyone in your session is finished. In my group I think we all finished FEAST a little early. Chances are you'll be finished by 2pm though.

thanks for the reply! I vaguely remember from when I was down the first time that we finished early than the 5pm, just wasn’t sure what timings would be like with the later start and extra knowledge test. Should hopefully be fine for my flight home then, providing I make it past the knowledge test/FEAST test again this time round.

In regards to the knowledge test, is there a lot of aircraft specific questions? Not sure if I should spend time knowing these from the booklet if there’s only going to be one question on it type thing?

Thanks for any advice.

Richjonesy
1st Aug 2018, 10:25
Has anyone been offered a place in Jerez starting in January?

scottishstevie
1st Aug 2018, 17:21
I've been offered a place on the Jerez course in October. I was told it was the last one so I'm hoping there will be a few folk on here that have also been offered this course? Happy to exchange details etc.

DistinctlyPlain
1st Aug 2018, 18:58
I've been offered a place on the Jerez course in October. I was told it was the last one so I'm hoping there will be a few folk on here that have also been offered this course? Happy to exchange details etc.

I'm also looking to start in Jerez in October but they never mentioned it was the last one to me.

scottishstevie
3rd Aug 2018, 12:30
I'm also looking to start in Jerez in October but they never mentioned it was the last one to me.

I only found out a couple of days ago. If yours was offered before that then thats probably why. Completely over the moon to have been offered a place though, cant wait to get started.

yux5
3rd Aug 2018, 15:46
Posted a while back about them giving me a 2nd chance at stage 3...but a year later. So just a lil update for you all on it

Finally got the email through and I'm booked onto the stage 3 interviews in a few weeks time, can't wait for my 2nd chance just hope I ace the interview this time round!

hunteruk
3rd Aug 2018, 16:57
Posted a while back about them giving me a 2nd chance at stage 3...but a year later. So just a lil update for you all on it

Finally got the email through and I'm booked onto the stage 3 interviews in a few weeks time, can't wait for my 2nd chance just hope I ace the interview this time round!

Congratulations and good luck! Did you go back into the process straight to stage 3 or did they make you start from the beginning?

yux5
3rd Aug 2018, 19:37
congratulations and good luck! Step you go back into the process straight to stage 3 or did they make you start from the beginning?

I got to go straight back in at stage 3, they said I would have got it last year but they didn't think I had enough life experience and what not back then so they decided a year would help me develop the right skills to do better in the competency interview.
Just gotta hope I put this last year to good use!

hunteruk
4th Aug 2018, 15:54
I got to go straight back in at stage 3, they said I would have got it last year but they didn't think I had enough life experience and what not back then so they decided a year would help me develop the right skills to do better in the competency interview.
Just gotta hope I put this last year to good use!

That’s great, best of luck to you

Timpsi
4th Aug 2018, 15:55
It's not the last course. Maybe for this year though as I have been offered a course in Jerez starting in January.

hunteruk
5th Aug 2018, 14:57
Does anybody know if the assessment centre days are only held Mon-Fri or do the hold them on Saturdays also?

pm11
6th Aug 2018, 21:35
It's not the last course. Maybe for this year though as I have been offered a course in Jerez starting in January.
I think he meant the last place on that course.

Hi all, I've recently received my verbal offer after passing Stage 3. Just awaiting my medical - a 5 week wait unfortunately.

Due to family reasons and having a long notice period for my work I requested to be loaded onto a CTC course. I'm hoping I get loaded onto one at the start of 2019 fiscal or thereabouts.

Slightly envious of everyone heading off to Spain for the first part of their courses, much less time to wait and a bit of an adventure!

Cameron_95
7th Aug 2018, 11:13
Hi everyone,

I’ve got my stage 3 assessment day next week and feel pretty well prepared for it. Just a question for anyone who’s attended a stage 3 recently at CTC- did they ask many questions about the planes in the PDF with all the technical information? And did you have to do the Eurocontrol computer assessment?

Thanks

Hulina
7th Aug 2018, 16:46
Hi everyone!
​​​​​​I've been reading this chain for a while now and this is my first message here. I'll be having my stage 2 assessment the 28. of August. I'm feeling quite confident (still very nervous though), as there is no way to prep yourself for FEAST/DART and I think I know the booklet well. However I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the "exam" about the booklet is? Multiple choose questions or open ones?

scottishstevie
7th Aug 2018, 18:39
Yes sorry I meant that it was the last place on that particular course.

chips1
7th Aug 2018, 20:50
From the BBC a few days ago

The UK's main air traffic service provider has launched a recruitment drive as Scotland's airports gear up for what could be their busiest summer on record.
National Air Traffic Services (Nats) want students who are about to receive their exam results to consider becoming air traffic controllers (ATCs).
Graduates and people "from all walks of life" are also being urged to apply.
Nats said it was responding to a predicted surge in flight numbers.
It expects that by 2030, 355 million passengers will fly to and from the UK on over 3.1 million flights - an additional 500,000 extra flights per year.
This summer alone is forecast to be the busiest on record, with daily flights across the entire UK peaking at more than 8,800 in a single day.

Aberdeen Airport controllers handle 100,000 flights a year

Nats currently has about 1,670 controllers, whose job is to manage the flow of aircraft through UK airspace, at 13 of the country's busiest airports, including Glasgow and Aberdeen.
It is looking to recruit more than 200 trainees a year to keep up with demand.Have you got what it takes to become an ATC?

Nats has developed a series of "mini-games" to help people decide whether it is the kind of career that might be right for them.
They test a range of basic cognitive skills that are required by controllers - the tests include shape-tracking, a sequential memory test, reactive avoidance, and a landing game.

Heaselgrave, general manager of Nats at Aberdeen Airport, said: "We are looking to recruit a good number of ATCs over the next few years and we are looking for people from all walks of life.
"We are not necessarily looking for aviation geeks - we are looking for people who want to get into a job that is exciting, demanding and lives at the centre of the airport.
"It is not necessarily about academic capability - it is about aptitude. Yes, we would like people with a good basic mathematical brain but we are also looking for decision-makers, for people who can prioritise and people who can multi-task."Candidate requirements for Nats:

ATC candidates are only required to have five National 5 grades (A-C); a degree is not necessary
Trainees are paid and, when qualified, can earn a six-figure salary
On average, only one in every 200 candidates is hired
It takes around three to four years from the initial application stage to validation for successful candidates

Source: NATS
Elaine Dickins, 29, from Reading, has been working as a trainee at Aberdeen Airport for the past four months.
She made the move after working in oceanography.
She said: "I was looking for a change and someone suggested this. I looked into it and it seemed like exactly what I wanted so I applied.
"It has been really fun so far. There is an element of pressure but they train us very well."

Ms Dickins picked a busy location to launch her career.
Each year, 100,000 planes and helicopters take off and land at Aberdeen Airport, which boasts more air traffic controllers than London Heathrow.
From Aberdeen, aircraft take engineers out to oil and gas rigs and to the offshore wind farms in the North Sea, making it the busiest heliport in the world.

Caspian1
8th Aug 2018, 14:05
Just failed the Basic course at CTC. Absolutely crushed. All down to one bad sim run as per the feedback I have.

Email me if you need any course info or literature. If you can figure out how to on this most Orwellian of websites.

To anyone enrolled and waiting for their course to start, HR should be sending you out some pre-learning material by email. If they haven't done this yet, chase them, as it's highly beneficial. Don't go assuming they're organised.

chips1
8th Aug 2018, 16:29
Just failed the Basic course at CTC. Absolutely crushed. All down to one bad sim run as per the feedback I have.

Email me if you need any course info or literature. If you can figure out how to on this most Orwellian of websites.

To anyone enrolled and waiting for their course to start, HR should be sending you out some pre-learning material by email. If they haven't done this yet, chase them, as it's highly beneficial. Don't go assuming they're organised.

Sorry to hear that

Will you get a chance to resit at all?

Caspian1
8th Aug 2018, 20:12
Will you get a chance to resit at all?

I hope so. The course manager has 15 working days to declare whether or not I have a recourse, or whether I'm kicked out. If the latter, I can appeal it as per their process.

Mishelche
10th Aug 2018, 16:34
Hello everyone :) !

I was told recently about the NATS forum and I have gone through the last 20+ pages .
Couldn't find what I was looking for and now I am asking for help .
Also , visited savilleconsulting.com - there is a lot of info but I do not know which of those tests to start practicing . They are so many and different format tests for stage 0+1 .
Also , are they 3 single tests ( stage 0 ) taken one after another or is a one combined test . How much time I have got to do the test/s .

Wiill be very happy if someone could help me .

Vexr
14th Aug 2018, 19:53
Hi all, I have a question regarding second chances for stage 2.

Unfortunately I failed FEAST. I read the blurb at the beginning of the test and there was a fair amount in there about them holding on to FEAST results, and that those who fail and then pass it a second time round are shown be statistically much more likely not to go on to validate, etc.

Personally I believe I was having an off day / couple of days preceding stage 2 and could do better in the future, though having read the introductory pages that mentioned the above, it has me concerned that even if I technically passed the whole of stage 2 on a second attempt, I could still be failed on it (and there's no feedback or reasons given specifically, so I would never know for sure if this was the case).

Just wondering if anyone has successfully passed stage 2 on a second attempt having previously failed FEAST?

Hello everyone :) !

I was told recently about the NATS forum and I have gone through the last 20+ pages .
Couldn't find what I was looking for and now I am asking for help .
Also , visited savilleconsulting.com - there is a lot of info but I do not know which of those tests to start practicing . They are so many and different format tests for stage 0+1 .
Also , are they 3 single tests ( stage 0 ) taken one after another or is a one combined test . How much time I have got to do the test/s .

Wiill be very happy if someone could help me .

IIRC stage 0 and stage 1 comprised of tests that needed to be done 'in one sitting' but you get an indefinite break in between each of the 3 tests within each stage; you can just leave the window open on the instruction pages/examples. I think each section was 10 minutes except diagrammatic reasoning (the last test of stage 1), which was either 15 or 20 minutes. It was a fair while ago I did stage 0+1 so don't hold me to it though.

rocketrazz
15th Aug 2018, 23:10
Hi. I'm filling in the application for this and have just got to the CV uploading bit. do they just want a standard CV or should i tailor it towards NATS?

riadh199
17th Aug 2018, 19:48
Hi guys,
just a question regarding stage 2 for those who have already done it. Are you allowed to use a pen and paper to solve math problems ? Or do you have to do them mentally like the S D T exercises they give you ?

Princeofpersia
17th Aug 2018, 23:16
Hello just sent application for the nats job and got a reply to do stage 0 tests. Any advice on where to do practice tests?

cheers from UK!

princeofpersia

LyanRewis
18th Aug 2018, 15:27
I have my Stage 3 Assessment next Tuesday (21st), feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment as my current work got extremely busy over the past few weeks so I haven't had all the time I would of liked to prepare.
Anyone that has gone through the Stage 3 day recently please let us know the sort of questions they ask etc? All I can find is based on the competency is that ask about staying calm in a stressful situation (kind of the situation I am in currently!)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mishelche
20th Aug 2018, 15:05
Vexr;

Thank you Vexr for helping me :)

Arg1203
21st Aug 2018, 19:46
How did you get on with stage 3? Hope it went well. I'm just waiting to get my stage 3 booked but no dates suitable for me just now unfortunately.

LyanRewis
21st Aug 2018, 21:06
Stage 3 day went well I think, nerves did take over for the first few general interview questions but I believe I pulled it together for the majority of it. Only time will tell and I really hope I have passed, just a shame it's a 15 working day wait!

pm11
21st Aug 2018, 23:07
It's a max of 15 working days, I only waited about a week for my Stage 3 results ~ 6 weeks ago.
They just put that to cover HR in case they're snowed under with work.

ddkknntt
21st Aug 2018, 23:24
It's a max of 15 working days, I only waited about a week for my Stage 3 results ~ 6 weeks ago.
They just put that to cover HR in case they're snowed under with work.

How long did it take you to get a medical arranged? I emailed them out of ours on Sunday, still waiting a reply.

pm11
22nd Aug 2018, 08:01
Took about a week after sending back all the medical forms for them to give me a date about another 5 or 6 weeks away for medical.

LyanRewis
22nd Aug 2018, 10:50
Just been called and was told I was successful! Over the moon and booked on to the course starting in Feb at Jerez (as long as medical and security clearance is fine!) Really wasn't expecting to be told so quickly!

Princeofpersia
23rd Aug 2018, 17:17
Its okay. Got the email to say I passed stage 0. I was worried about the verbal part because english is not my first language!

sandy66
25th Aug 2018, 13:48
Is the interview procedure same for experienced controller as well

babis
29th Aug 2018, 04:32
Just been called and was told I was successful! Over the moon and booked on to the course starting in Feb at Jerez (as long as medical and security clearance is fine!) Really wasn't expecting to be told so quickly!
hey man, congrats.....i was just informed that i am also on for the date february at jerez. Do u know any forum for the guys that study there??

Richjonesy
29th Aug 2018, 09:27
Received an email yesterday, was originally told I’d start in Jerez in January but it’s been pushed back to February.

Someone with the wizardry should start one of them group chat things up. I don’t even have Facebook haha but sort it on WhatsApp I think?

Fortunatalie
29th Aug 2018, 19:16
I have been a creeping lurker for a while on this forum. I have my stage 2 test in September and just wanted to say hello to all the hopefuls in my shoes, and well done to all those whose shoes I one day hope to be in!

Princeofpersia
29th Aug 2018, 22:21
I have been a creeping lurker for a while on this forum. I have my stage 2 test in September and just wanted to say hello to all the hopefuls in my shoes, and well done to all those whose shoes I one day hope to be in!
welcome to the forum. I have been lurking on this forum too. Wish you all the best next month.

babis
30th Aug 2018, 04:31
Congrats- it is nice having a firm date now isn't it!

Am I wrong in thinking we will have a Facebook page set up to chat before starting...?
Hi, any insight from jerez for us starting on february?? Please share information or a group if you have one

babis
30th Aug 2018, 04:32
Hi mashman,

I have also been given this course.
I was told they have courses in Whiteley/Coventry in the coming months so it’s completely voluntary to do a course in Jerez.

Personally, Jerez suits me better due to accommodation and food being provided - less expenses during the initial training!

Maybe see you in June!

Stu
any news form jerez ?? Please share info from there

Fortunatalie
30th Aug 2018, 07:35
welcome to the forum. I have been lurking on this forum too. Wish you all the best next month.
Thanks! I see you're from sunny Glasgow too. What stage in the process are you at yourself?

AQ121253
30th Aug 2018, 10:52
Hi Everyone,

I would just like to start by saying that this forum has been great whilst I was going through the application process at NATS. If you haven't already guessed I've been lucky enough to be offered at place at FTE Jerez in Spain starting Feb 2019. I just felt like since I've gained so much off this thread, I thought I'd give details of my experience for those currently going through the process or thinking about it.

My application started at the very end of last year when I sat Stage 0 online, now this was a long time ago and I don't remember much except it was a fairly standard aptitude test. A few days later I got sent a link for Stage 1 (online), similarly in my opinion a slightly more advanced aptitude test (again, this was a longggg time ago) - something to note is that they give you quite a strict time constraint by which you need to complete the next stage.
N.B. The links expire if you begin and leave, you then can't go back to the test.

I think again it was only a few days after that I received an email saying I was successful and to get myself booked onto Stage 2. I booked in for around mid-feb, this stage is based in CTC Whitley. Before arriving you are expected to study a booklet that they give you on air traffic control, nothing too daunting, don't worry! The day begins at 08:00 if I recall correctly, first test being a multiple questionnaire on the booklet. Then straight onto the FEAST test, this was a few hours, then a short break. I strongly advise you take a packed lunch, I took cash expecting some sort of shop but all there was were vending machines. Finally, the DART test and then home, can't remember what time the day finished - apologies.

Another email a few days later with a congrats and a link to book onto Stage 3, these are now based at several places; Swanwick or Prestwick I believe. I waited and booked mine for the end of August due to university; I always stayed at The Solent when I travelled down, its a five min. walk to CTC. I was told to arrive at 10:30 for my interview and I was finished by 12:30. Unbelievably I received a phone call the next day saying I would start a course in Feb 2019 in Jerez!* Over the moon!

*This is based on passing security and medical...

So, that was my experience I thoroughly enjoyed the process and wish anyone els the best of luck!

Princeofpersia
30th Aug 2018, 13:11
I just failed the stage 1 tests because of unnecessary stress tbh. Will yhere be an opportunity for me to try again next year? :(

Trevor Hannant
30th Aug 2018, 18:25
Attended CTC for Stage 2 Assessments yesterday. After a 90 minute delay in starting (thanks for the free Costa though!) thanks to an update to FEAST taking the whole thing down, 11 of us eventually got started.

No real nerves, which I was a little surprised at, as we sat in the room. Written paper was fairly straight forward IF you've read the document you're told to read and learn - although make sure you get some Distance/Speed/Time calculations practised also! Onto FEAST itself and thought I'd done OK with the exception of one part which I thought I'd royally screwed up. The nerves only kicked in when the results were brought into the room. However, name not called out which saw a massive wave of relief shoot through...

6 of us then left to do FEAST-DART. Felt OK until the final of the 6 tests here. Again, really thought I'd screwed it up when I realise I'd read instructions for one element of the final test wrong!:

NOTE TO OTHERS - RTFI AND READ THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

Thanks to the delayed start (and someone having an unfortunate "incident" on a rail line somewhere), missed my flight home last night so got myself booked into a hotel. Back into room from brekkie and the wait was over - congratulations email in my inbox telling me to expect a further email to book in for a Stage 3 interview! So much for 15 working days, only just over 15 hours!!

So to those who've left tips, hints and advice - I thank you. For others yet to attend CTC and Stage 2, really really take your time and read the instructions!

Now, where's my last competency based interview notes...

Fortunatalie
31st Aug 2018, 07:59
Attended CTC for Stage 2 Assessments yesterday. After a 90 minute delay in starting (thanks for the free Costa though!) thanks to an update to FEAST taking the whole thing down, 11 of us eventually got started.

No real nerves, which I was a little surprised at, as we sat in the room. Written paper was fairly straight forward IF you've read the document you're told to read and learn - although make sure you get some Distance/Speed/Time calculations practised also! Onto FEAST itself and thought I'd done OK with the exception of one part which I thought I'd royally screwed up. The nerves only kicked in when the results were brought into the room. However, name not called out which saw a massive wave of relief shoot through...

6 of us then left to do FEAST-DART. Felt OK until the final of the 6 tests here. Again, really thought I'd screwed it up when I realise I'd read instructions for one element of the final test wrong!:

NOTE TO OTHERS - RTFI AND READ THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

Thanks to the delayed start (and someone having an unfortunate "incident" on a rail line somewhere), missed my flight home last night so got myself booked into a hotel. Back into room from brekkie and the wait was over - congratulations email in my inbox telling me to expect a further email to book in for a Stage 3 interview! So much for 15 working days, only just over 15 hours!!

So to those who've left tips, hints and advice - I thank you. For others yet to attend CTC and Stage 2, really really take your time and read the instructions!

Now, where's my last competency based interview notes...

Well done, Trevor! I'll be taking on board your RTFI instruction...this is usually my downfall as I try to read them too fast to save time.

Good luck with Stage 3!

Trevor Hannant
31st Aug 2018, 19:45
Well done, Trevor! I'll be taking on board your RTFI instruction...this is usually my downfall as I try to read them too fast to save time.

Good luck with Stage 3!

Thanks Natalie!

There's a good amount of time with the last one so taking an extra few minutes won't do you any harm at all. Obviously can't say what you need to be careful of however reading and understanding the instructions for Part 6 of DART will save an awful lot of trauma/worry...

natswannabe
6th Sep 2018, 15:30
Hey everyone, I sat the Stage 2 last week and I was just wondering if anyone else had too and if they'd heard if they were successful or not yet? I passed FEAST but DART was an absolute nightmare for me so I'm not expecting to pass but I wasn't actually expecting to pass FEAST so you never know...!

chips1
6th Sep 2018, 20:33
With the Stage 3 interviews now being conducted in Prestwick as well as at CTC (and possibly Belfast I believe), I have heard that interviewees did not have to do the final Eurocontrol Computer based assessment to keep a level playing field as this can only be done at CTC and not Prestwick.
Does anyone know if this decision is being applied across all Stage 3s now, even if on certain days the only Stage 3s being conducted are at CTC?

Lemonair
7th Sep 2018, 06:28
That's what I was told at the end of my stage 2 in July at the CTC, got my stage 3 with them in October.

Arg1203
7th Sep 2018, 08:51
I was also at stage 2 in July and was told there would be no Eurocontrol assessment. I've got stage 3 at Prestwick in October.

Trevor Hannant
7th Sep 2018, 09:00
Hey everyone, I sat the Stage 2 last week and I was just wondering if anyone else had too and if they'd heard if they were successful or not yet? I passed FEAST but DART was an absolute nightmare for me so I'm not expecting to pass but I wasn't actually expecting to pass FEAST so you never know...!

What day/date were you at CTC?

Flamin_Squirrel
7th Sep 2018, 10:12
Hi all. I failed the DART test on my Stage 2 some time back; does anyone know the current situation regarding re-applying? It used to be a 2 year wait.

Lemonair
7th Sep 2018, 14:59
At my Stage 2 in July this year they said 12 months, but it sounds like it's changed a lot over the last few years!

dromtsos93
7th Sep 2018, 22:50
Hello all,

I have been following this blog for months now, ever since the day I applied for the job.

I am lucky enough to have been offered a place on the Jerez course starting in Feb, and I am over the moon!

Just wanted to say that this blog was a massive help through it all, so thank you all.

I have noticed a few people mentioning that they also have been given a conditional place on the Jerez course in February, so if there’s been some sort of separate group created, please let me know :)

Good luck to any applicants going through their Stage 2 / 3 Assessment days!

chips1
8th Sep 2018, 15:29
For those who have been given places in Jerez, have you been given a breakdown of the training schedule?
How long will you be in Spain, and will there be opportunities to return home during courses?
What will be the next step after Jerez?

If I am lucky enough to be offered a position, family circumstance pretty much dictates that I'd be looking to travel home every weekend on the Friday and then returning on the Sunday night. I'd hope this wouldn't be an impossible scenario but seems unlikely if Jerez is the only location offered.

Flying184
8th Sep 2018, 16:43
For those who have been given places in Jerez, have you been given a breakdown of the training schedule?
How long will you be in Spain, and will there be opportunities to return home during courses?
What will be the next step after Jerez?

If I am lucky enough to be offered a position, family circumstance pretty much dictates that I'd be looking to travel home every weekend on the Friday and then returning on the Sunday night. I'd hope this wouldn't be an impossible scenario but seems unlikely if Jerez is the only location offered.

I would strongly recommend against this! Do not under-estimate the workload involved in the basic and rating courses. I hold a degree and masters and can honestly say the ATCO training was by far the hardest of all study I have ever done.

If you need to be in the UK for family then, if successful, there are UK college options.

Good luck!

Jay010500
8th Sep 2018, 22:32
Hey there :)

Is the Knowledge test computer based or paper based? Is it a multiple answer kind of thing or open answers?

Thank you!

chips1
9th Sep 2018, 15:45
I would strongly recommend against this! Do not under-estimate the workload involved in the basic and rating courses. I hold a degree and masters and can honestly say the ATCO training was by far the hardest of all study I have ever done.

If you need to be in the UK for family then, if successful, there are UK college options.

Good luck!

Thanks, I guess I'd be as well letting them know during the interview that Jerez is not an option for me then, no point going through the process and leaving my current job if the only option is Jerez which just won't work for me unfortunately, as it sounds like a great option where my circumstances different.

LyanRewis
11th Sep 2018, 11:00
Hello all,

I have been following this blog for months now, ever since the day I applied for the job.

I am lucky enough to have been offered a place on the Jerez course starting in Feb, and I am over the moon!

Just wanted to say that this blog was a massive help through it all, so thank you all.

I have noticed a few people mentioning that they also have been given a conditional place on the Jerez course in February, so if there’s been some sort of separate group created, please let me know :)

Good luck to any applicants going through their Stage 2 / 3 Assessment days!
Hi mate, private message me your number and I can add you to the WhatsApp group for Jerez in Feb!

chips1
12th Sep 2018, 21:53
Hi folks,

Delighted to have learned that I passed the Stage 3 interview and, subject to conditions, will be joining the January course at CTC.

Has anyone else been booked onto this course?

Hoping to get a group going and also see if anyone is looking to flat share....

Cameron_95
14th Sep 2018, 09:45
Hi folks,

Delighted to have learned that I passed the Stage 3 interview and, subject to conditions, will be joining the January course at CTC.

Has anyone else been booked onto this course?

Hoping to get a group going and also see if anyone is looking to flat share....

Hi!

I’ve been offered a place at the CTC for January, just waiting on the medical next month!

I haven’t seen anyone else say they’re on the January course as well?

I’m going to start looking for flats once everything has gone through next month :)

simba090
14th Sep 2018, 11:02
Hi all,

Finding it hard to believe that 'there is no way to practise for the stage 2 testing'?? Surely the tests on the NATS website are helpful, as well as other basic aptitude testing online? Preferably something with time limits, since I read someone say that. Any links?

Thank you for the tips about bringing your own food etc, going to need to be switched on.

Also, I assume the interview is behavioural questions about past experiences and your responses to situations? Can someone confirm?

I am flying across the world for this (Australia to England) and really don't have much money so really need to know as much as possible, greatly appreciated.

So can you be sent to Spain to train even if you apply through the UK NATS at CTC?

DistinctlyPlain
14th Sep 2018, 21:55
Hi all,

Finding it hard to believe that 'there is no way to practise for the stage 2 testing'?? Surely the tests on the NATS website are helpful, as well as other basic aptitude testing online? Preferably something with time limits, since I read someone say that. Any links?

Thank you for the tips about bringing your own food etc, going to need to be switched on.

Also, I assume the interview is behavioural questions about past experiences and your responses to situations? Can someone confirm?

I am flying across the world for this (Australia to England) and really don't have much money so really need to know as much as possible, greatly appreciated.

So can you be sent to Spain to train even if you apply through the UK NATS at CTC?

Sure, those onlines tests will be helpful but at the end of the day won't make a big difference to how you do in the test. It's good to get used to using your brain in that way before the assessment day though.

Yeah the interview is largely about past experiences and demonstrating how you've coped with pressure/workload etc. so try to prepare examples of that.

You can be sent to Spain yes but at the end of the day if you're dead set on wanting to do the course at the CTC then you could just wait until one opens up there and then do that one. Once you're through all the stages you aren't forced onto any course, but at the same time you might not know how long you'll have to wait for a course starting at the CTC to appear.

Fair play travelling from Australia, that's nuts! That puts travelling from Scotland into perspective haha. Good luck man.

simba090
15th Sep 2018, 01:16
Sure, those onlines tests will be helpful but at the end of the day won't make a big difference to how you do in the test. It's good to get used to using your brain in that way before the assessment day though.

Yeah the interview is largely about past experiences and demonstrating how you've coped with pressure/workload etc. so try to prepare examples of that.

You can be sent to Spain yes but at the end of the day if you're dead set on wanting to do the course at the CTC then you could just wait until one opens up there and then do that one. Once you're through all the stages you aren't forced onto any course, but at the same time you might not know how long you'll have to wait for a course starting at the CTC to appear.

Fair play travelling from Australia, that's nuts! That puts travelling from Scotland into perspective haha. Good luck man.

Yeah I think any testing practise would help, especially the landing and gate tests on the NATS website to get your brain used to sequencing for the DART test.
I'd be fine with Spain, I've been there before and absolutely loved it.
Yeah well I've always wanted to be an ATC, and went through the academy at Airservices Australia back in 2010-2013, then had to quit for personal reasons, and unfortunately I don't think they let you retry more than once. Also the RAAF rejected me due to asthma (ridiculous) so this might be my last shot!
Thanks for the info and all the best!

simba090
16th Sep 2018, 03:11
Can someone give some information on the timed questions in the tests? Which tests, how many questions are timed, what type of questions, examples, what time lengths are there, and possibly a link to practise timed questions? That would be amazing.

And also, if you can be posted to Spain to do the training, does that mean you can be posted there to control afterwards as well?

The preparation booklet they sent me says this: "Successful candidates will, after successful completion of training which takes place at NATS Training at our corporate and technical centre (CTC) in Whiteley, be posted to join the team of professionals who work for NATS at the various units around the country"

ATomCO
17th Sep 2018, 01:32
Yeah I think any testing practise would help, especially the landing and gate tests on the NATS website to get your brain used to sequencing for the DART test.
I'd be fine with Spain, I've been there before and absolutely loved it.
Yeah well I've always wanted to be an ATC, and went through the academy at Airservices Australia back in 2010-2013, then had to quit for personal reasons, and unfortunately I don't think they let you retry more than once. Also the RAAF rejected me due to asthma (ridiculous) so this might be my last shot!
Thanks for the info and all the best!

Do bear in mind that to work for NATS, you need to pass a Class 3 European Medical which does also have certain conditions on asthma: "There should be no significant respiratory disease. A past history of asthma may be acceptable but significant symptoms at time of application are likely to disqualify you".

And also, if you can be posted to Spain to do the training, does that mean you can be posted there to control afterwards as well?

The preparation booklet they sent me says this: "Successful candidates will, after successful completion of training which takes place at NATS Training at our corporate and technical centre (CTC) in Whiteley, be posted to join the team of professionals who work for NATS at the various units around the country"

The NATS college training is split into the Basic course and either the Aerodrome/Approach course or the Area course - which pathway you are allocated to depends on business needs and your aptitude (although recent #AskNATS Youtube Q&A videos seems to suggest most people's preferences are taken into account). The latter courses are conducted at the CTC in Whitely, but the Basic course can be taken either at the CTC, Jerez in Spain, or at Global ATS in Gloucestershire. They all form part of NATS training so you will not be posted to Spain after training but to an Area Control Centre or airport within the UK.
If you're interested the reason training is done in Spain particularly (due to a large recruitment campaign and many trainees there's not enough capacity at CTC for everyone) is that NATS is in a joint venture with Spanish service company Ferrovial (called ferroNATS) which currently provides ATC at 11 Spanish airports and has a training facility at Jerez.

Good luck with everything!

chips1
17th Sep 2018, 13:29
Hi!

I’ve been offered a place at the CTC for January, just waiting on the medical next month!

I’m going to start looking for flats once everything has gone through next month :)

I've sent you a private message mate

Also Shinka I tried replying to your message but it says your inbox is full if you want to clear it I'll try again.

Shinka123
17th Sep 2018, 14:07
I've sent you a private message mate

Also Shinka I tried replying to your message but it says your inbox is full if you want to clear it I'll try again.

Hi Buddy, thank you, Ive cleared now if you want to send again please.

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

scottishstevie
17th Sep 2018, 17:20
Can someone give some information on the timed questions in the tests? Which tests, how many questions are timed, what type of questions, examples, what time lengths are there, and possibly a link to practise timed questions? That would be amazing.

Unfortunately NATS make it clear that they don't want candidates that have been through the recruitment process to share with future/current applicants to ensure a fair playing field. Which is why it is so difficult to find anything that can be used as practice. This means we can't really go into too much detail. The tests are well explained on the day though.

I honestly wouldnt focus too much on practising tests online if I was you, there's really no perfect way to prepare. The tests you take on the day might be completely different to anything you can find online and you dont want to end up panicking if you sit down and are met with something you haven't previously practiced. Follow the previous advice on here, learn the info booklet, sleep well, have a good breakfast and try and keep calm when taking the tests. It sucks but it really is the best way to approach it.

Trevor Hannant
18th Sep 2018, 11:38
In addition to what Stevie says above, the only tests you should have any sort of look at are the 'games' on the NATS website. They may/may not be accurate to the Stage 2 tests but what they will do is get your mind into the right mindset. That said, don't go overboard on them, use them to get your focus going - there's only so much you can do before you potentially make your brain go in the wrong direction...

AQ121253
19th Sep 2018, 14:27
Quick query to those that have done a medical at Swanwick; I've been told to arrive at 09:00, I'm just wondering what time I will be done by and also, do you have to fast before hand for the blood tests or is that not necessary?

TAI

ezmabo04
19th Sep 2018, 14:54
Hi All,

I've been following this forum for a few months now.

I have stage 2 assessment next week on the 26th Sept and just wanted to ask a few questions:

I'll be driving down, is parking okay on site? should I get there partially early to ensure a space?

I'm not focusing too much on the games on the website but I am really worry about the maths questions (Maths isn't my strong point!) is it only Speed, distance , time calculations that you are asked to do or will I get any other nasty surprises?! ha!

Wishing everyone good luck at whatever stage you are on!

Thanks!

BARRY_SCOTT
19th Sep 2018, 15:58
Quick query to those that have done a medical at Swanwick; I've been told to arrive at 09:00, I'm just wondering what time I will be done by and also, do you have to fast before hand for the blood tests or is that not necessary?

TAI
I think I was done for 1pm. The blood test is just a finger prick.

Timpsi
20th Sep 2018, 06:25

TAI
No fasting necessary. I had my Medical at 1pm and did NOT need to do any fasting for the blood sample.

The Many Tentacles
20th Sep 2018, 07:20
Parking is horrendous on site, it's often full by 8.30. if you can't park there, then the shopping village lets you park for 4 hours and is only a 10 minute walk at most away.

Trevor Hannant
21st Sep 2018, 17:51
Hi Hannah!

And congrats to you too! I’ve pushed mine back to end of November at Prestwick due to exams/assessments but I’m now toying with bringing it forward. You?

Trevor Hannant
22nd Sep 2018, 08:53
You’ll do great!

Jonathanornelas
22nd Sep 2018, 11:30
Hey everyone 😉👍
Does anyone know about stage 0?
I've submitted the application in August, and the status says "ATCO - invited to VMA test (stage 0) 28/August/2018" but since then I haven't received any email..

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thank you!

Jonathan Ornelas

PrimeExample
22nd Sep 2018, 12:22
Hi All,

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and considering applying to NATS. I've a huge interest in aviation and would consider being an Air Traffic Controller one of those 'Dream Jobs' that's always been on the back of my mind.

I finally bit the bullet and sent in an application a few days ago. I've just completed the Stage 0 assessment online and have to admit, I found it harder than expected! The tests them selfs weren't particularly hard, it was just the time limits and pressure of double checking answers before moving on etc. How was your guys experience with the first stages of online tests? Did you feel like you nailed them?

I didn't even finish the last test! (8 questions in 1:30 I think, I ran out of time on the last question.)

Either way, I'm sure i'll find out how I did in the next few days.

Spacejam
26th Sep 2018, 09:55
Any news, Prime Example?

I've just done the Stage 0 tests.. I think with rushing due to the time limits I may have made a couple of mistakes, hopefully nothing too major! I had a practice with a few tests on the Saville site, definitely worth doing I thought, just to dust the cobwebs off if anything! Fingers crossed!

PrimeExample
26th Sep 2018, 13:09
Any news, Prime Example?

I've just done the Stage 0 tests.. I think with rushing due to the time limits I may have made a couple of mistakes, hopefully nothing too major! I had a practice with a few tests on the Saville site, definitely worth doing I thought, just to dust the cobwebs off if anything! Fingers crossed!

Yes, I should have probably updated my post! I received an email the next morning telling me I had passed Stage 0 with a link to Stage 1, I completed that the same day and received a further email inviting me to book my Stage 2 Assessment!

I wouldn't worry about a couple of mistakes, I was convinced I had blown BOTH stages but seemed to do okay in the end. My best advice for the next stage is just stay calm, don't let one tricky question/tight time limit put you off the rest of the test.

Good luck!

Spacejam
26th Sep 2018, 14:58
Yes, I should have probably updated my post! I received an email the next morning telling me I had passed Stage 0 with a link to Stage 1, I completed that the same day and received a further email inviting me to book my Stage 2 Assessment!

I wouldn't worry about a couple of mistakes, I was convinced I had blown BOTH stages but seemed to do okay in the end. My best advice for the next stage is just stay calm, don't let one tricky question/tight time limit put you off the rest of the test.

Good luck!

That's fantastic, well done! Thank you, I received an email saying that I had passed and to go on and complete Stage 1.. I think I'm going to attempt that tonight! Best of luck for Stage 2!

ATCOWEN
29th Sep 2018, 09:10
Hi, can anyone tell me whether the software on SkyTest for the FEAST tests is worth getting? (for stage 2)

Unfortunately, I can't post the links as I don't have enough posts yet.

Thanks!

simba090
30th Sep 2018, 05:17
How specific are the written test questions from the booklet for stage 2? Like are we expected to know all of the flight levels and classes of airspace boundaries, and aircraft speeds etc? Navaid details?
Thanks

Squishy47
30th Sep 2018, 08:32
Hi!

Hey, I've just found out that I'll be on the January course at CTC as well (pending medical ofc)! Is there a group chat set up yet? I'm new to the forum so not sure if PMs will work for me..?

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

ATCOWEN
30th Sep 2018, 10:15
How specific are the written test questions from the booklet for stage 2? Like are we expected to know all of the flight levels and classes of airspace boundaries, and aircraft speeds etc? Navaid details?
Thanks
Hey,

I'm also practising stage 2 and am wondering the same thing. However, I would imagine we would at least have to have a good idea on things like RVSM - starts from FL290 and goes all the way up to FL410, where aircraft are separated by 1000ft. I would also imagine controlled airspace details should be known (ACDE) and uncontrolled (G). The thing I'm unsure about is how much do we have to know from the "The Aircraft That Use The System".

- Owen

mrmt
30th Sep 2018, 18:24
Got stage 2 this week - been double checking all the bits and in the reminder email it states:
On arrival, please report to the NATS Main reception. Please note that there is no parking available on site. Please ensure you do not park at the Whiteley Shopping Centre whilst you are at NATS doing the assessments.
Conflicted on what to do - thoughts from people who have been through stage 2?
TIA

keek
30th Sep 2018, 22:31
Hey, I've just found out that I'll be on the January course at CTC as well (pending medical ofc)! Is there a group chat set up yet? I'm new to the forum so not sure if PMs will work for me..?

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

I'm on the same course too!

I think I interviewed at the same time as you, judging from your location! CONGRATS!

Kirsteneg
1st Oct 2018, 19:16
Anyone on the October or January courses at CTC, the family I live with rent out spare rooms to NATS students and should have some available, 10 min walk from CTC. Message me for details if interested, or if you have any other questions relating to joining the college. :)

GAPSTER
2nd Oct 2018, 09:15
You can quite happily park at the shopping centre. I’ve no idea why NATS think they can tell you otherwise. If they can’t/won’t provide parking or transportation then they have no right to try and tell you where you cannot park. They’d be better off trying to resolve the parlous shortage of operational staff they’ve managed to oversee through their corporate shortsightedness and incompetence.

Mishelche
2nd Oct 2018, 10:05
Hello PrimeExample ,
​​​​​​​First of all , congratulations for moving on .

​​​​​​​I would like to ask you something regarding stage 0 : Should I expect on the tests pie charts , ratios , percentages... ? I am preparing myself for everything but stiil is good to know .
Hi All,

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and considering applying to NATS. I've a huge interest in aviation and would consider being an Air Traffic Controller one of those 'Dream Jobs' that's always been on the back of my mind.

I finally bit the bullet and sent in an application a few days ago. I've just completed the Stage 0 assessment online and have to admit, I found it harder than expected! The tests them selfs weren't particularly hard, it was just the time limits and pressure of double checking answers before moving on etc. How was your guys experience with the first stages of online tests? Did you feel like you nailed them?

I didn't even finish the last test! (8 questions in 1:30 I think, I ran out of time on the last question.)

Either way, I'm sure i'll find out how I did in the next few days.

Timpsi
2nd Oct 2018, 11:57
Good Day!

I'd like to get in touch with someone who is, or has been, down in Jerez, Spain for any of the NATS courses! Feel free to shoot me a message!:ok:

Spacejam
2nd Oct 2018, 22:18
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a hotel that's really close to CTC, preferably within walking distance? Travelling down the night before and seeing as though parking seems to be an issue, I'm thinking it might be easier to leave my car at the hotel! TIA :)

The Many Tentacles
3rd Oct 2018, 05:47
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a hotel that's really close to CTC, preferably within walking distance? Travelling down the night before and seeing as though parking seems to be an issue, I'm thinking it might be easier to leave my car at the hotel! TIA :)

The Solent Hotel (https://www.solenthotel.co.uk) - it's not the cheapest, but it's within walking distance

The Lodge at Solent (https://www.lodgeatsolent.co.uk/) - in the same place, but seems to be slightly cheaper. This is rooms attached to the pub next to the main hotel

Both of them are no more than a 15 minute walk at a slow pace and not far from Whiteley shopping centre either which has a decent choice of places to eat if you don't fancy eating in the hotel

Cameron_95
3rd Oct 2018, 06:49
There isnt a group group chat set up yet. I can’t PM anyone either since I’ve sent one message already 🙃 I was hoping to set up a WhatsApp chat at some point? Just need to get everyone’s numbers.

Cameron_95
3rd Oct 2018, 06:51
For those of you worrying about parking at the CTC, there is a lot of parking space on the surrounding roads on the industrial estate. You should have no problem getting a space, especially if you turn up early. If not, the shopping centre offers 4 hours free parking.

Arg1203
3rd Oct 2018, 08:26
I stayed at the Oakwood Whiteley B&B run by Faith, there's a wee shortcut you can take which makes it less than 10 mins walk to CTC

LBroadbean
3rd Oct 2018, 11:20
A question about the Jerez course:

If you begin training in Jerez, do you stay there for your initial posting,or are you sent back to the UK on completion of the training course?

LukeATC
4th Oct 2018, 00:23
Hi there guys. Got my stage 3 interview coming up next week after passing the stage 2 back in August. Been trying to brush up on everything, but if anyone has advice on specific things I should learn, I'd greatly appreciate it! Would hate to come this far and then blow it because I blanked on a certain piece of particularly vital information!

Spacejam
4th Oct 2018, 15:31
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll have a look at them both this week and try and book :)

PrimeExample I've tried to DM you but it looks like your inbox is full sorry :/

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

babis
5th Oct 2018, 05:34
A question about the Jerez course:

If you begin training in Jerez, do you stay there for your initial posting,or are you sent back to the UK on completion of the training course?
your initial posting is in the UK. You go to jerez only for basic training and then you return to ctc for further training and then initial posting

LBroadbean
5th Oct 2018, 09:53
your initial posting is in the UK. You go to jerez only for basic training and then you return to ctc for further training and then initial posting

Thanks for clearing that up!

Arg1203
5th Oct 2018, 15:12
Anyone who has had their Stage 3 recently, how long did it take for you to hear back? Had mine this week and just wondering if the 15 days is gonna be likely or if I’ll hear back sooner.

LyanRewis
6th Oct 2018, 12:05
Anyone who has had their Stage 3 recently, how long did it take for you to hear back? Had mine this week and just wondering if the 15 days is gonna be likely or if I’ll hear back sooner.

Got my call around 10am the next day so mine was really quick - others have taken up to 30 days though!

Arg1203
6th Oct 2018, 12:29
Got my call around 10am the next day so mine was really quick - others have taken up to 30 days though!

Yeah I heard back about Stage 2 by 8.30 next morning so was hoping I’d hear back quick about Stage 3. No news is good news though I guess!

ATCOWEN
7th Oct 2018, 09:59
Hey, can anyone confirm what time I have to get to CTC for stage 2? On the email it says 10:00am but I’ve heard conflicting times.
Thanks.

Arg1203
8th Oct 2018, 15:50
Got my phone call today to say I passed Stage 3. Not starting til April 2019 at CTC though, if anyone else gets this course, let me know!

ATCOWEN
8th Oct 2018, 15:52
Got my phone call today to say I passed Stage 3. Not starting til April 2019 at CTC though, if anyone else gets this course, let me know!
Congratulations! I have my stage 2 on Wednesday. Is there anything you can recommend for me to do? Also, how much would you say we need to know on the ATC knowledge?
Thanks

Trevor Hannant
8th Oct 2018, 17:18
Congrats Arg but wow... That's a bit of a wait compared to some of the others? Was that all they offered you?

Arg1203
8th Oct 2018, 18:45
Congrats Arg but wow... That's a bit of a wait compared to some of the others? Was that all they offered you?

They mentioned that Jan/Feb courses were near full at my interview. I asked for April as I have a holiday in March, I would of gave this up but they were happy enough to put me on an April course. Works better for me as I will be relocating from Scotland so will need time to find accommodation etc!

Trevor Hannant
8th Oct 2018, 21:18
They mentioned that Jan/Feb courses were near full at my interview. I asked for April as I have a holiday in March, I would of gave this up but they were happy enough to put me on an April course. Works better for me as I will be relocating from Scotland so will need time to find accommodation etc!

Ah fair enough - and know the feeling if I'm successful with mine next month...

Trevor Hannant
8th Oct 2018, 21:20
Hey, can anyone confirm what time I have to get to CTC for stage 2? On the email it says 10:00am but I’ve heard conflicting times.
Thanks.

If the email says 10, be there in plenty of time to be in the building, through security and have your visitors pass with time to spare. If you're in any doubt over the time, ask them.

Congratulations! I have my stage 2 on Wednesday. Is there anything you can recommend for me to do? Also, how much would you say we need to know on the ATC knowledge?
Thanks

Red the booklet you downloaded and make sure you know it. The rest, can't really give advice on how to prepare to be honest other than read the instructions carefully...

Arg1203
8th Oct 2018, 21:32
Thanks

ATC knowledge, I would say, just have a sound knowledge of the info provided in the booklet you were sent, you need to know it for stage 2 & 3. I wouldn’t stress too much over the specific aircraft statistics but do read over them just to be on safe side as you never know how often the questions change.

Good luck!

ATCOWEN
8th Oct 2018, 21:34
If the email says 10, be there in plenty of time to be in the building, through security and have your visitors pass with time to spare. If you're in any doubt over the time, ask them.

Read the booklet you downloaded and make sure you know it. The rest, can't really give advice on how to prepare to be honest other than read the instructions carefully...

Yeh I've been revising the booklet, just hope I've revised it enough! I have heard you can't really revise the FEAST/DART tests, but I'll definitely read the questions carefully!
Thanks a lot!

ATCOWEN
8th Oct 2018, 21:40
ATC knowledge, I would say, just have a sound knowledge of the info provided in the booklet you were sent, you need to know it for stage 2 & 3. I wouldn’t stress too much over the specific aircraft statistics but do read over them just to be on safe side as you never know how often the questions change.

Good luck!
At least they shouldn't ask to much on aircraft statistics as there are so many to remember! everything else I would say I have good knowledge on... Hopefully.
- Thanks for the advice.

chips1
8th Oct 2018, 22:23
There isnt a group group chat set up yet. I can’t PM anyone either since I’ve sent one message already 🙃 I was hoping to set up a WhatsApp chat at some point? Just need to get everyone’s numbers.

Sent you a PM mate

For anyone who has been on the medical, is it very stringent? I'm in good health without being the fittest person on the planet, but my medical is a week after the date I need to hand my notice in to my current employer so a bit nervy just in case I was to fail on anything and go from 2 jobs to zero.

AndreaCass
9th Oct 2018, 08:16
Hi! I have been checking this thread for a long time but I didn't write anything until now :)

I have scheduled my stage 2 for Monday 5th of November. I am flying from Spain on Friday to stay in London for the weekend so I got plenty of time to get to Whitely on Sunday ( I booked an Airbnb room at a walking distance from the venue). However I got my flight back from Gatwick Airport at 8.55pm on the same day of the assessment.

Do you think I will have enough time in case I am through all the assessments? In the email it says it should be finished by 5pm but I wonder if it is possible to get a delay and finish later. Also, do you think getting to the airport by train is a good option or should a rent a car?

Thank you in advance!

LukeATC
9th Oct 2018, 19:42
You should be fine to get to Gatwick at that time. Swanwick station is pretty close to the NATS site, and there are trains there that go directly to Gatwick.

Trevor Hannant
9th Oct 2018, 20:36
Hi! I have been checking this thread for a long time but I didn't write anything until now :)

I have scheduled my stage 2 for Monday 5th of November. I am flying from Spain on Friday to stay in London for the weekend so I got plenty of time to get to Whitely on Sunday ( I booked an Airbnb room at a walking distance from the venue). However I got my flight back from Gatwick Airport at 8.55pm on the same day of the assessment.

Do you think I will have enough time in case I am through all the assessments? In the email it says it should be finished by 5pm but I wonder if it is possible to get a delay and finish later. Also, do you think getting to the airport by train is a good option or should a rent a car?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Andrea!

I had a flight booked home from Gatwick for 8.20pm but missed it due to a couple of factors:

- Eurocontrol failure resulting in 90 minute delay starting and
- a fatality on the line causing cancellations and delays to rail services towards Gatwick

I'd hope that you don't suffer either or both of the above when you come over as you will have plenty time with the train if all's running smoothly.

pm11
9th Oct 2018, 21:33
Messaged Arg1203 - Also due to attend CTC in April 2019. If anyone else is and wants to get in touch then feel free to pm/email me.

AndreaCass
10th Oct 2018, 07:42
Thanks for your answers! :)

I am going to get the train then and hopfully there will be no issues and I will catch my flight. Next step is to finish memorizing all those airplane facts before my stage 2!

Hulina
10th Oct 2018, 13:39
Trevor Hannant, Hannah Wrigley
I was with you at the 2nd assessment, and I too passed! I'm the short blonde Finnish girl :) I've booked my 3rd assessment for mid November. Good luck with the interviews and hope to see you again!