TightSlot
13th Sep 2006, 08:31
The Etihad thread

AirPanda
16th Sep 2006, 08:52
Where did everybody go?:uhoh:

A330habib
17th Sep 2006, 04:07
they are still here, just waiting for passengers to board....

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=4

and pouring themselves a drink..!

http://coppermine.luchtzak.be/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=5

AirPanda
18th Sep 2006, 15:08
I mean really... it is getting really difficult to tell who is in charge of what. No body seems to be in charge anymore. During HH days someone, whether bad or good- someone was there in charge. What is happening now? Does anyone know what our chart looks like?

skyhigh72
19th Sep 2006, 18:11
LOL. You are so right. Nobody has an idea who is in-charge of what ? They all think they are in-charge of everyone. No changes, no new management, no pay increase. Nothing. Everyone is giving up !!!

KiloMIke
19th Sep 2006, 22:50
Habib,

I think you mean waiting for guests to board!!!

masalam

EYtruth
20th Sep 2006, 18:58
Well, we r here .... more or less :hmm:

So, what is the latest thing with EY?
The latest thing is introduction of SFS (senior flight steward) which will be called Cabin Supervisor. It's still not active, but there r ongoing preparations. Also, new crew will work in Coral zone for at least 1 year, which is very similar to conditions in EK.

But the real questions is, will it be payed more? My personal opinion is: of course NOT :{
If that really happens, I really want to know what the management is thinking? I mean, how they can expect crew to be motivated and help this airline to develop?

Anybody heard of this new position?

cabincat
21st Sep 2006, 05:01
Apparently they have selected 80 people to be put forward for it.
No one knows who they are though.
Will they be paid more? Well... considering a Cabin Manager earns the same (sometimes less) than Crew I seriously doubt it.:ugh:

AirPanda
21st Sep 2006, 15:11
As far as I know, the list includes names of senior crew who did not make it as cabin managers in the past, except a list of about 20 who actually made it earlier this year but their promotion has been on hold... and don't quote me for that:ouch:
See you all at PS birthday party :) Last booze event before Ramadan :) :) :)

EYtruth
21st Sep 2006, 15:18
Apparently they have selected 80 people to be put forward for it.
No one knows who they are though.
Will they be paid more? Well... considering a Cabin Manager earns the same (sometimes less) than Crew I seriously doubt it.:ugh:

I really wonder how did they select those 80 or "whatever the number is"? I wouldn't be surprised the selection was made according to an old way of getting positions in EY (who f..... who, and so on .... sad, but true)

Sometimes, ongoing mess in this company amuses me a lot .... :}

1niteinbkk
30th Sep 2006, 08:50
interesting reading here about EY especially after i read a 4 to 5 page about EY on Airways Magazine. i also checked out the careers section of the EY website and it looks like it's been "updated" and will be operational on 01OCT06

Does this mean those applicants will have to reapply again after 01OCT06 or will the details still be in the EY system/database.

any info will be greatly appreciated.

greetings from SYD :ok:

crazy_pilot
30th Sep 2006, 21:54
interesting reading here about EY especially after i read a 4 to 5 page about EY on Airways Magazine. i also checked out the careers section of the EY website and it looks like it's been "updated" and will be operational on 01OCT06

Does this mean those applicants will have to reapply again after 01OCT06 or will the details still be in the EY system/database.

any info will be greatly appreciated.

greetings from SYD :ok:

from my exprience your data logged with EY should not have lost, just cos they are bringing new/updated site. The data logged via website is usualy stored in some sort of database so i would imgaine it to be safe. Having said that i cannot be certain and as EYtruth said if you want to be certain then check with EY direct.
good luck mate

Desert_Rose
1st Oct 2006, 11:50
well the online application I previously had on thier web site is gone, only username and password works but it says you have not applied for any job and all the data and attachements are gone..but it's maybe I applied long time ago and now Im actually waiting for the contract...so i hope they didnt delete ALL the applicants' data :rolleyes:

geetha
2nd Oct 2006, 04:46
hello EVERYONE!
just a few querries.... i hope someone wud answer them.

* hw long does it take for them to respond once u hav send in ur application for the post of CC ( that is, if u r successsful)?
* how is the recruitment process? wats wit the telephone interview as mentioned on their website?
* to all the current CC , is it a gud airline to work for?
* i'm really confused abt the salary.... i need sm help on dis.

thanks...

oh, btw, they hav deleted all the applicants data.... all they hav is ur username n pswrd!! all my data hav vanished and so is the jobs applied section...it shows 0 , when i have applied for 3!!!

neway, i hope sm1 cud help me out wit my questions....

GOD BLESS!

coffindodger
3rd Oct 2006, 13:01
hi i telephoned ey this am and spoke to someone in hr re the same thing as i have appiled for a few jobs not c.c. but she did say that the new software and every thing was being transfered over but would take a couple of days.??? so no they have not lost all your info. hope this helps.

crazy_pilot
3rd Oct 2006, 21:08
she did say that the new software and every thing was being transfered over but would take a couple of days.??? so no they have not lost all your info. hope this helps.

Yep i expected that as they must have taken the backup from the old site and now re-store is being applied, having said that don't expect all the data to be available as my experience suggest that those re-store jobs do not always fulfill their promise! :ugh:

EYtruth
4th Oct 2006, 13:20
hello EVERYONE!
just a few querries.... i hope someone wud answer them.

* hw long does it take for them to respond once u hav send in ur application for the post of CC ( that is, if u r successsful)?
* how is the recruitment process? wats wit the telephone interview as mentioned on their website?
* to all the current CC , is it a gud airline to work for?
* i'm really confused abt the salary.... i need sm help on dis.

thanks...

oh, btw, they hav deleted all the applicants data.... all they hav is ur username n pswrd!! all my data hav vanished and so is the jobs applied section...it shows 0 , when i have applied for 3!!!

neway, i hope sm1 cud help me out wit my questions....

GOD BLESS!

Hi Geetha!

Well, let me try to answer your questions :)

- if they r recruiting in your country, than they will call once when they decide to come. But, my advice to u, is, call them and see which dates they have available. Once u do that, they'll screen your CV and give u a call back the same day. That's how I did it.
- the telephone interview is easy, like a preliminary interview. They usually ask u about your previous experience, why u want to become CC and so on.
- now the tough question :{ Is it good company? There r lot of yes and no's. The company is still young, but with many internal management problems which reflect negativly on cabin crew. Almost every day we have some changes in service, training, etc. Some people r enjoying it some don't, it all depends what do u expect. But it's far away from being glamorous job! Fast promotion is possible in various fields, but with upcomong changes it's going to be more difficult. Check this site, section about Cabin Crew with Etihad topic. U can gain a lot of information. Send me a private message and I'll give u another site on which u can also find a lot of info on EY.
- Salary. Keep in mind we do not have allowances like EK or QR. That makes it difficult sometimes, as u end up spending your own money on layovers, and some of those layovers can be quite expensive.
Your basic salary is 3020 AED. Per duty day u get 210 AED. U usually have 20-22 duty days which gives u salary at the end of the month in range: 7220 - 7640 AED. Sometimes u will have even 24 duty days, but it doesn't happen very often. Accomodation is provided. Recently they changed the basic salary to 2500 AED for initial 6 months. I don't know how it will be with new people coming, as we expect some huge and serious changes in management. Recent history shows EY is very talented to give u nice stories about salary on assesment, and once u come, they change it completely.

Hope I answered your questions! :ok:

skyhigh72
4th Oct 2006, 16:54
Hi, Geetha

EYtruth covered it all. Do you homework and think before you just get happy and go for it. Check all airlines in the region and make the best selection for yourself.

geetha
5th Oct 2006, 05:34
EYtruth & skyhigh72:

thanks for ur reply. i appreciate it.:)
no allowance and less salary seems to be verry bad... i need to really think abt it.
u say that the initial six months salary is just 2500 Dhs. but does it really get changed to 3020 after ur 6 months? ( i dnt knw y, but i 'm a bit doubtful abt this after all that i heard abt etihad!)

i hope the new management does something gud... orelse i cant see where the company is heading to in a few years frm nw.

lets all hope for the best!:ok:

GOD BLESS!

EYtruth
5th Oct 2006, 11:33
EYtruth & skyhigh72:

thanks for ur reply. i appreciate it.:)
no allowance and less salary seems to be verry bad... i need to really think abt it.
u say that the initial six months salary is just 2500 Dhs. but does it really get changed to 3020 after ur 6 months? ( i dnt knw y, but i 'm a bit doubtful abt this after all that i heard abt etihad!)

i hope the new management does something gud... orelse i cant see where the company is heading to in a few years frm nw.

lets all hope for the best!:ok:

GOD BLESS!

Well Geetha,

This basic salary of 2500 AED was recently introduced, the rest of us were lucky to start with 3020 AED. I don't know if it gets to 3020 AED after 6 months, will try to find some of those crew and let u know.

Like SkyHigh72 said, think very carefully about joining this airline.

:ok:

coffindodger
7th Oct 2006, 13:14
well lets hope when the clean out is started, maybe they can start with the clowns that work there web site.
even now its been revamped, you try to log onto the jobs site and its nearly down, more so on a weekend a local weekend thurs / fri. when / if you are lucky to log on, if you were to leave a message for some one even now i have 4 messages this year and no one has repiled.
yes ey has a lot going for it but it needs badly a good clean out and new people how know what they are doing.

geetha
7th Oct 2006, 13:50
coffindodger:

i completely agree wit u. even i faced some prob while trying to browse my application online. they need to sort out things starting wit their website!

geetha
9th Oct 2006, 13:29
my jobs applied for section shows 0 (when i've recently applied for the post of cabin crew) and almost half my profile info is missing or should i say vanished in thin air! GOD... its so frustrating....! this is the third time i'm updating it!!!

did anyone else face this prob or is it that i'm just plain unlucky!!:confused: :(

coffindodger
9th Oct 2006, 14:10
hi please your recent postings a couple of days ago, dont worry so they say yeaaaaaaaaaa righttttttttttttttttttttt

EYCC
13th Oct 2006, 07:38
any good news for cabin crew???:confused:

desertwarrior
14th Oct 2006, 15:57
Just a Heads Up folks, my info is that the career website was hit by a virus and that most of the data was lost, so you might want to consider resubmitting that C.V. Ma Salama

1niteinbkk
8th Nov 2006, 10:16
hey yo'all - well it seems the Careers section is operational.

any info whether EY's done interviews in Australia before (like after they do the telephone interview and stuff)

also are there already a few Aussies sporting the smart looking EY uniforms?

coffindodger
8th Nov 2006, 11:19
hey after just logging on to my work space within the site i see all my past applications for jobs have all been delated and also all my info. now when i tele them about 6 weeks ago just after the new look web site was launched i was told by some divvy in hr do not worry all your info will be transfered over in time, but hey not to be it looks like i have to fill every thing all over again !!! or do i???? any info please thanks!!!!!!!

ChocolatBabe
17th Nov 2006, 15:51
Hi! Im curious... are Etihad's female CCs allowed to wear trousers as part of their uniform? :cool:

butterflied
28th Nov 2006, 01:22
Hi! Im curious... are Etihad's female CCs allowed to wear trousers as part of their uniform? :cool:

Yeah, you will get trousers but it's only for your Jeddah n Riyadh flights. Most of the time you will be in skirts. :p

coffindodger
1st Dec 2006, 07:54
Yeah, you will get trousers but it's only for your Jeddah n Riyadh flights. Most of the time you will be in skirts. :p

i see on there web site they are touring 29 countries as from dec 06 and march 07
so ey comming to a country near you maybe soon?????
have a look.its a invite only to these open days.

EYtruth
8th Dec 2006, 13:53
Ok guys, here's what I've heard, so let me know if u know this:

1. There was an assesment day in AUH recently, and they had to cancell the interview as not enough people showed up! :}
I was shocked when I heard this, as this happened in AUH where many people have extremly low salaries! So, I guess, bad news about EY did spread among people much faster than certain people in EY expected. I really wonder how will it be in Europe :ugh: But no doubt and no offense, interviews will be a huge sucess in Asia :sad:

2. New crew building No.11 is everything but not new. It's an ex-gulf air crew building. Apparently, it's in quite bad condition, used a lot, and quite a few crew refused to move in. Any info on this?

nckbella
12th Dec 2006, 04:08
G'Day everyone,
Last Sunday Ey held their recruitement campaign in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and out of 200 candidates 36 got through. before this i never thought of doing some research about EY but after i got thru till final stage, im sort of curious to know more bout it.i feel a bit frustrated when i heard all the bad things about EY. is it true? i have a few question to ask and hope someone would willing to help.

1) Accomodation

-do we get to choose our mates and is the place nice and well equiped with basic things(aircond,washing machine,beds,closet etc)

-do they provide any gym facilities?

2)Salary

-how much is the average salary can u get per month and how much do u managed to save?

-during layovers, is the money given in the country's currency or in Dhs.

-Does any1 know the latest salary scale?

3)Does EY have probation period?

that's all...

I am still waiting for them to call me... and have to wait for 2 weeks to know wether im succesfull or not...

regards,
B

EYtruth
12th Dec 2006, 17:01
Nckbella,

Yes, u can choose a roommate. But that's only when they give u permanent accomodation.
During temporary accomodation if u have severe problems with other roomies in your flat, they might move u somewhere else.

Each and every flat has basic facilities, but not all the buildings have gym. If they have gym, most of the time they're in quite bad condition, so 90% of the crew go to real fitness clubs and pay.

There r not enough crew buildings, so most probably u will be put in hotel for a certain period of time. Some hotels r nice, some r bad.

My advice to u is: think very carefully before joining this airline. This company has many inner problems, and doesn't treat crew very nice unlike EK.

Athena_V
13th Dec 2006, 06:34
Hey Everyone,

I just had a look on the Etihad career website and I'm either blind or the site doesn't have an online application link?

The website states that an assessment day will be held in Australia soon so I would like to submit my application to the airline online in order to get an invite.

I registered myself assuming that, that may lead me to the 'apply online' link but it hasn't.

Could someone tell me if I am missing the obvious?

Athena_V
13th Dec 2006, 08:20
Hi again,

I just figured it out (how to apply online).....I was missing the obvious :ugh:

ChocolatBabe
15th Dec 2006, 14:00
Hi nckbella!

I was there on sunday too! :) Donno if I know which one you are though. I got 'eliminated' in the first round most probably because of my age and inexperience. :ugh: Anyway... Im so glad you made it through though! Good luck and happy researching. Ive read all posts about etihad (mostly bad) and still gave it a try anyway. So follow your instincts and listen to your heart. Good luck once again! :ok:

Sue

.goldenboy
15th Dec 2006, 21:55
Hi nckbella!

I was there on sunday too! :) Donno if I know which one you are though. I got 'eliminated' in the first round most probably because of my age and inexperience. :ugh: Anyway... Im so glad you made it through though! Good luck and happy researching. Ive read all posts about etihad (mostly bad) and still gave it a try anyway. So follow your instincts and listen to your heart. Good luck once again! :ok:

Sue

Were you invited for the interview by etihad airways or was it arranged with co-ordination with inter excel.
was there any male applicants showed up during the assessment day ??

Thank you and good luck

CCEY
16th Dec 2006, 13:22
See Replying with quotes (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249532) thread

ChocolatBabe
17th Dec 2006, 05:17
Hi! I sent my resume to Interexcel who in turn decided if I could or couldnt go to the assessment by Etihad. And I did not see any guys at all on that Sunday. :uhoh: Hope these answer your questions. :ok:

sanchezcarlo
17th Dec 2006, 08:53
So has Etihad stopped hiring boys?:uhoh:

wanttoflyhigh
17th Dec 2006, 09:07
Hi..

In rgds to ur concern about EY hiring guys - a friend of mine has spoken to a recruiter from Etihad who in fact told him that they were not hiring guys at the moment, however, she expected they might be hiring guys again in 6-8 months! This might have changed but this is what she told him a little less than 2 months ago!

As for Emirates, I have read (on pprune) that management has asked reruiters to cut down in regards to hiring guys, however, if u are an exceptional candidate u will go right through!

kym1983oo
18th Dec 2006, 08:37
Nckbella,

I was there for Etihad interview in KUL on Saturday and I successfully went thru all d stages. :)

Hopefully they will give us a good news as soon as possible. I just cant wait to receive the news regardless it is good or bad. :ugh:

HoHum,

I felt so sick after reading all the negative comments on Etihad. Finally, I heard something different from you and I wish you can just comment more on it. :ok:

Quoted from Nckbella:
2)Salary

-how much is the average salary can u get per month and how much do u managed to save?

-during layovers, is the money given in the country's currency or in Dhs.

-Does any1 know the latest salary scale?

HoHum, do you mind to answer the questions as I cant see any respond on the post. Thank you.

Cheers. :D

A330habib
18th Dec 2006, 09:11
average salary is 7500 dhs per month, that includes allowances. You receive no allowances on overnights, just the daily 250dhs which goes into your monthly pay.

hope that helps:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

butterflied
19th Dec 2006, 00:44
I was there for Etihad interview in KUL on Saturday, n got thru all the stages as well. But... yesterday afternoon I received rejection email from Etihad... so no hope for me. :{

EYtruth
19th Dec 2006, 01:50
Salary:

For a new crew first 6 months your basic is 2500 AED. Each duty day is 210 AED. Per month u have 20-22 duty days. No allowances, and as A330habib said, u spent your own money on layovers.
So, after doing BRY-YYZ u end up broke :{
After six months your basic salary is raised to 3020 AED. Duty day stays the same.

EYtruth
20th Dec 2006, 17:29
Yep she is .... :rolleyes:

Recently they had some reorganization, everything is pretty much the same, some new people introduced, but the ones who were on certain positions still remain, only the position name has been changed. Now it sounds more sci-fi, :)

skyhigh72
21st Dec 2006, 00:23
I have been quiet for a long time now. Yes, there have been changes and titles renamed but some of the people who shouldn’t be here are still here but I must say that one of the new people introduced is doing a great job. There is a new guy in management who is there big time for the crew. I hear long crew background and management experience. Seems very positive, not bad looking either and crew has seen results by him already. One of my friends had an issue which has been pending for a long time and he fixed it for her in 20 minutes. He is also visible in briefing and talks to us all the time like one of us. I must say he has done a lot of good in a short time and just hope the “bad apples” in management do not make him go as we need people like him. On the downside, still no allowances and the salaries have not changed but I hear there is hope for the new year. With all that said, Wishing everyone Happy & Safe Holidays and my wish for the new year is that things at Etihad change and we don’t end up losing more people. Still staying positive and hopeful…for now !

nckbella
21st Dec 2006, 08:25
See Replying with quotes (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=249532) thread

cessnalee
24th Dec 2006, 12:54
Hi all,

i cant believe there has been a forum for ETIHAD! it's almost comfirting to know there are people around the world who are experienceing the same things.I struggeled for mnths with their website trying to up-load my cv. i finally was able to do this then the website got updated and all my info was deleted. i had to re-do everything. i applied for c.c, south africa is one of the countries they will be coming to. iam so excited i hope i get invited to an interview.

Does anyone know when the recruitment dates are in South Africa?

During the past yr i got invited to a GULF AIR interview i got turned away bcoz i have a tatoo on my ankle,could this be a problem?
im also only 154cm (1.54m or 5.0ft), i know EK's legal requirment is to have at arm length of 212cm on tip-toes. i'm 212cm on tip-toes with shoes could this be another hinderance? believe me i have tried to stretch my little self making use of pilates and yoga do u think this helps if improving by 1cm then i suppose so.

well until someone replies to my post to all who read this have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a WONDERFUL 2007.

chat soon
toodels

EYtruth
26th Dec 2006, 15:35
The best thing u can do is to call EY recruitment and ask them for the dates in South Africa.

Speaking about your tatoo, I think it's not such a big issue as long as u can cover it. For example: I know two crew who have tatoos, one on the hand ankle, another on the neck. The first one puts watch over the tatoo, and the second one puts small bandage :ok:

cessnalee
9th Jan 2007, 14:23
hi anyone out there?????

the "ETIHAD" thread has not been touched since 26th Dec so i thought id try start another one.

Etihad is having interviews across the world btn now and march. has anyone been short listed yet? those who have are you nervous? anyone?????

iam still hoping that ill be short listed i work at an airport-i am hoping my experience will stand out and shout GIVE HER A CHANCE.")

I look forward to anyone replying.

jasmafia
9th Jan 2007, 23:57
Hi everyone!

I just been offered by EY to be a cc and am expecting to leave for AUH this coming 28th Jan

But the thing is, after i read through etihad thread,i kinda worried to go for EY.

Is it true about "the bad of ETIHAD??"

I need some few good advises from anyone of you who have joined with EY before.:{

pinkus
11th Jan 2007, 10:56
cessnalee don't tell people you have a tattoo if you put concealer on it and wear thick tights noone will see it.

But to be honest I think you are too short. They do measure your height and weight at the interview.

AirPanda
15th Jan 2007, 12:22
Please spread the word to your female friends who are interested.

Destinations in January:
South Africa, Bahrain and Lebanon,
Destinations in February
Egypt
Tunis
Australia 2nd week February
Bulgaria
Canada 1st week February

For interested candidates please apply on www.etihadairways.com (http://www.etihadairways.com/)
Kindly keep checking the website for date confirmations.

Country
Date
Bahrain
Gulf Hotel
8:30 am
21 January
Lebanon
Four Points Sheraton
8:30 am
24 and 25 January
South Africa
By Invitation

26 January

nckbella
16th Jan 2007, 03:46
im wondering how often do u get to do the same destination flight per month...?:confused:

california
16th Jan 2007, 03:57
Hello,

Does Etihad provide similar accomodation facilities as Emirates?

Charmed1
16th Jan 2007, 08:43
Hi sweets, I applied for a position at EY last year and yesterday ( after I've forgotten I applied I might add) someone called me and invited me for assessments at the Hilton in Jhb on the 26th of January. I was excited till I started reading some of the posts, doesn't seem like EY is such a great place to work for hey. I'm however a bit torn because my sisters friend works for EY and she loves it there, like any job I suppose that there are people who love it and those who hate it.

I'm extremely nervous about going for the assessment. I went for an interview with EK last year and after making it through selection after selection I didn't get the job after I had my final interview, it was kinda disappointing. Oh and i applied to SAA too and my interview there scarred me for life, it was awful. At EK it rather felt like I was auditioning to be a model, they check everything, hair, nails, make up. For my final interview we were told to take photos of ourselves, one of the ladies that interviewed us even told us how to pose if we had "chicken legs" hehhehehe I tell you that interview wasn't good for my self esteem!!

To everyone going for the assessment in JHB on the 26th good luck and if you don't make it, don't give up!!

EYtruth
17th Jan 2007, 19:33
Charmed1,

EY assesment is more relaxed experience than EK's. I've been few times on EK assesment days, and I felt awful ....

Final decision is up to u only. All the posts that r written here r very much true. I guess u have to try, maybe u'll like it. Usually u need 6-12 months to realize if u r staying or resigning.

In general, it's not bad here but there r things which can be a big turn offs once u arrive here.

Good luck!

Charmed1
18th Jan 2007, 04:45
Charmed1,

EY assesment is more relaxed experience than EK's. I've been few times on EK assesment days, and I felt awful ....

Final decision is up to u only. All the posts that r written here r very much true. I guess u have to try, maybe u'll like it. Usually u need 6-12 months to realize if u r staying or resigning.

In general, it's not bad here but there r things which can be a big turn offs once u arrive here.

Good luck!

So EYtruth just so I don't have the wrong end of the stick...you're a member of the Etihad cabin crew right?
What is it like travelling though, you get to see all of these amazing countries that you only get to see on tv, what's that like, or does whatever is happing at EY overshadow the fun and excitement??
I can't help but feel a bit excited though, Johannesburg is well Johannesburg and I've felt for a while now like i need a change of scenary...

What happens though if you resign within say 6-8 months???

Gosh I'm so nervous, I can't wait though to see what the future holds in store for me...

Thank you for your well wishes EYtruth and all the best for you in your career and future endeavours :)

cessnalee
19th Jan 2007, 10:41
hi there,

i also got an invite from etihad for the assessment day. i was sooooo excited THEN i read the attachment!

prior to registration they will be doing a height check-be able to reach 214cm on tip toe if cant reach then wont alloe the person through for registration.

i can only reach 206cm. i e-mailed a lady in the recruitment dept and she said it is a current requirement.

i was looking so forward to the whole experience now i feel completely disappointed. HEIGHT. i even have aviation experience but the counts for nothing bcoz of my dam height.

well, charmed1 i truelly do wish u all the best. i know alot of negative talk has put a damper on ur looking forward to the interview but most companies have politics. My present company has politics and if anything as disponding as it is,a person walks away with experience that nothing else can give.
dont be ignorant about whats goin on but also dont make decisions based on fear,opions(which are not always factual) and ignorance.

i too also have a friend that is cc for EY-she loves it. it is an experience so make the best of it.

let me know how u do
b

appkung
19th Jan 2007, 14:25
I got an invitation on january,29th at Crown hotel Abu Dhabi.I look forward to join them!!:}

P.s.Did anyone got int da same date as me?

ek_ey_qr_dreamer
21st Jan 2007, 00:01

EYtruth
21st Jan 2007, 12:34
Charmed1,

yep, I do work for EY.
How your trip will be, mostly depends on the crew u gonna have on the flight. Sometimes they can be amazing, and u will go out on layovers and have a great time, sometimes they will be so ****ty u will be on your own. For many destinations u have the time to go out and explore the city, but for some u arrive so tired that u r only ready for the bed :bored:

The bad things that r present in EY do sometimes overshadow the good stuff, but at the end of the day it's u who will make your stay here barebale or unabareble. Bad stuff is always in the air, u just need to know how to deal with it. Do that, and u will have the good time.

I dunno what happens if u resign during 6-8 months, as I heard different stories, from normal ones, to ones that say EY will bill u for the money they invested in u. I really don't know.

Good luck!!

EYSAINT
23rd Jan 2007, 08:09
Hello everybody:

First time Im writing here but Iīve been reading for quite some time now.
Iīve been working in EY for quite long time and I would like to say something too.
Good things, A LOT!! Meeting people from other places, other cultures, visiting places that you would never have guessed you would see, and having friends from around the worl, yes, a lot of things, but at the end of the day, letīs be real, this is a JOB, not paid holidays, and if you compare to other ones, is not a bad Job at all, things have to improve? Yes, but so far is not the worst company to work for, believe me...

I will keep reading and posting, and Iīll try to answer as many questions as I can:ok: and for those of you who are flying SAFE FLIGHTS!! for those of you who still doesnīt GOOD LUCK!! and maybe see you around.

misshostie
26th Jan 2007, 08:11
Hey guys do you know if Eithad check for scars, bruises etc like Gulf Air?
I have a few renovation scars and bruises which are not visible in hoisery but I have been in the WARS for a little while now and have a couple of small bruises and scars.
Etihad sounds like a really great place to work

into the skies
29th Jan 2007, 13:05
hi all
I wanted to knw if there is any improvement in crew salaries?
and for the interview..... do u need to hav previous experience? or do they take in freshers?

r they very particular abt ur looks... as in the scars, etc?
wat abt swimming? is it a necessity?

I would be really greatful if someone can help me answer my questions.

thanks a ton

:ok: :)

EYtruth
29th Jan 2007, 17:02
At the moment there is no salary increase in EY.
There r rumours the salary will increase, but nothing confirmed yet. On the other hand, cockpit crew had 3 times salary increase in 2006.
Here in EY we learnt not to believe in anything until we see it with our own eyes.

Previous experience is a plus, but not a big advantage :-(

They don't check your swimming skills, but u do need to know how to swim.

As for the scars, as long as u can cover them, u r fine.

reetypd
30th Jan 2007, 02:17
I have logged onto the Etihad website and am looking to apply for a position as a future FA with Etihad. I can see that they will be having an assesment in Vancouver, Canada soon. I am wondering how I can get an application through so that I will be invited to go for this assesment, or a number that I can call or an email address where I can forward my resume. Any help will be much appreciated! :ugh:

reetypd
31st Jan 2007, 01:24
Found out how to send in the application. Guess I was just having a "moment". Now all I need is to take 2 pictures of myself and send off my application. Just a question, is that normal to be asking for pictures? Is there screening based on looks? Also- can I just get pictures taken with my digital camera or do they have to be professional shots? :confused:

Charmed1
31st Jan 2007, 04:32
So I went for the Etihad assessment day and it was disasterous. We were initially supposed to be 40 but double that amount showed up for the assessment day. It was so disorganised that before the first group activity even came I already wished I didn't make it...yip it was that bad. The other girls were tired and miserable cause we were on our feet the whole day and the whole process was just drawn out and quite demoralising. I must say, Emirates was a lot more organised when I had my assessment with them last year.

Okay so then came the whole choose an item assessment, I mean really you had to choose from lipgloss, a cell phone, tea and water and state why you chose that item!!! Craziness I tell you :8

Anyway after feeling like I could chop my feet off cause they hurt so much and being soooooo hungry I could eat myself into an oblivion I was eliminated...out of 80 people only 10 were chosen. I was relieved because living in Abu Dhabi didn't appeal to me after the recruiters did a presentation on it...hectic. I did however try and think what they were looking for because I'm not bad looking...my answer I thought was quite interesting :} Anyhooooo I suppose everything happens for a reason...EYtruth guess I won't be seeing you at EY after all...I hope you find what you're looking for and all your dreams come true.

into the skies
31st Jan 2007, 07:24
EYTruth:

Thanks for ur help.

Cud u also tell me wat r the height requirements? do v hav to do a reach test just like inEK? and hw tall do they expect us to be?

IU knw dat in Ek v hav to reach abt 212cm on tip toes..... does Ey follow smthing simmilar?

appkung
31st Jan 2007, 08:00
Well,I also one of bad luck ppl. U know they called me from Bkk Thailand to join da process in AUH,well it doesn't matter because I could buy ID tik n paid all expenses myself.I passed until da final round we survived around 23 ppl. Then they called us 16 ppl into da room n shot us by da phrase " You all very good today,but unfortunately u didn't pass our requirment,c'mon ??? What's your requirment,huh? I saw some ppl didn't care other in da group just spoke out their opinion,but they passed!!!! C'mon,If Im still conciously i remember that to be cabin crew u have to b team work,right? Or u change yr requirement immeadiatly,huh? I cried there without any shameful becuase Im sure I done it well,but da result suffered me so much!!! I hope n expect to be EY crew for along time,but its such a castle that I built in the air,

God Bless You dear !! :sad:

appkung
31st Jan 2007, 08:05
Aha I forgot to answer about da arm reach requirement,u have to be at 214 your tip toe,if yr hight around 160 up.Then no problem

God bless you wz Etihad!!!

Aliyyah
5th Feb 2007, 12:43
Hi condor2020,

You are talking about the Cabin Crew Schedule on the Etihad Career website, right? I am not sure if they are really Open Days? I think these are all Assessment Days, and for that you will need an invitation!
But it would be interesting to know if Etihad is planning any Open Days in the near future?

Basia
6th Feb 2007, 09:47
Hello,

Is anybody here?

I have a few questions regarding cabin crew for Etihad Airways.
Could you please take a look and advise.
The main question is : is this company worth to join it or you suggest to try somewhere else?
If you want to change - is it possible to get any work on the ground ( does company give an opportunity to develop yourself and after few years of flying - is there any possibility to get a job at the airport or at the office ? ).
My next question concerns a life in Abu Dhabi - is it nice, what about entertainment and is it expensive ( can you save a lot of money )?
Sorry for so many questions, but I really would like to know how does it look like and that's why I ask someone who knows it in reality.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Barbara

the TRUTH about EY
7th Feb 2007, 12:14
PLEASE don't be fooled by EY.

Cabin Crew in hundreds are leaving Etihad. Please do your Home work before even attending any open day.

Poor Cabin Crew Management, you are just another Labour worker here.

Click on this link.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=263248

You might be happy here and you might like working under all the
Si:mad: ty conditions but to be honest many of the best an professional Cabin Crew have left the company. Yes big number of Cabin Crew are leaving EY. Its very sad.. this Airline has a good potential but the Management is just screweing big time.

No salary increasment for this year 2007 only the Flight Deck and the Top Management go it. so you are just another Labour worker here.

Happy Flying and wish you all the best...

Cheers

fly_guy100
7th Feb 2007, 18:54
There's no one year bond if you want to move from Etihad to Emirates correct b/c a lot of people are leaving so I would assume there would be a bond.

EYSAINT
8th Feb 2007, 10:10
Hey you all:

Specially for all of you who like to sh:mad: t on EY. Just a couple of things, news and fresh!! It is on writting, no more rumors...they just aproved raised on the salaries, duty allowences and layover allowences too. Plus a couple of things that they will distribute for all the crew soon( CABIN CREW, not Flight Deck or High Management...)

All the good things happen to those who can wait.:D And I would like to give one piece of advise, (no pointing fingers:= )...when you write in here things, most of them are rumors, not facts, and a lot of people is getting the wrong idea. Change things takes time, and since JH is onboard, things are changing, for good, or so it looks like.

So donīt spoil someone elses dreams by telling them what youīve heard, specially if you want to tell them the "truth about EY":ok:

Happy Flights...

CJ30
8th Feb 2007, 11:21
Having read the thread on this subject i would like to add a few points!! just as a guide to those that attend interviews and i would like to believe i have a little experience in this area as i have previously worked for Emirates for 6 years and etihad for 2.5years as a cabin manager and an SEP trainer.

Firstly interviews.... etihad is still a reasonably new airline and with all the recruitment campaigns they do, it is inevitable that sometimes they will be disorganised, Emirates on the otherhand have been doing this for nearly 20 years so you would expect them to get it right at this stage in the game.

it is unusual for so many people to turn up for an interview as normally usually half the applicants dont turn up... and if people were tired and grumpy on the day because they were waiting around on their feet then maybe you should look again at this being a career for you as when you fly as crew your days will be long and you will constantly be on your feet!!!!!

As for the swimming issue!!!! please ladies and gents i dont want to offend but please try and think why you are asked for skills such as these... in an emergency situation if you crash land into water then swimming will save not only your life but also those around you...so yes it is important!!!

As for the games they play the lip gloss, mobile, water etc again you are being asked to think outside the box... this is about putting yourself in a situation whereby again in an emergency situation you will be forced to make decisions quickly that may involve your own and others survival. If you look at all the objects what is the one thing you cant survive without, im hoping that you are thinking about the bottle of water as this is what they are looking for!!!

Again this message is not to offend but i get the feeling that people are not thinking things through when they apply for the job as crew. It is an amazing job where you will see the world meet amazing people but dont ever forget that your main responsiblity is one of safety and security where all eyes are on you when an emergency arises!!!! so think about these issues before you go to your interviews as they will help you with many of the games and exercises that you are often asked to perform.

Good luck to all of you out there with interviews coming up and remember if you are sent a dress code or a list of instructions then please follow them as this is also part of the assesment process.

jollyikarus
8th Feb 2007, 12:12
Very well and nicely said, CJ30!
Are you still with EY?
If so, keep up the good work and spirit!

Cheers,

JI

CJ30
8th Feb 2007, 12:23
Thank you!!! as i previously said it wasnt meant to offend but after reading so many different threads i get the feeling that people dont think things out properly... generally if you are asked for a skill for a job then it is because you will need to use it!!!

No i left EY a little while ago for personal reasons so i am currently trying to break into the corporate sector especially within the middle east as this is where i hold all my experience.... so if anyone knows anyone that is looking at the moment i would be most grateful for any leads...

happy flying!!!

bahongkeps69
12th Feb 2007, 05:00
Hi gals and dudes! I am keen on joining EY. Heard also that pretty soon you will have lay over allowances, so congrats to everyone.

I would like to know though, what are the destinations of EY where you have layovers? And for how long do you stay there? How far can an a330 go? Do you have time for sightseeing when you have layovers? Is it fun to fly with EY?

Hope you can provide me some info. Thanks to all!

EYtruth
12th Feb 2007, 06:49
Well,

finally it happened. We got allowances, and it starts from february 1st, which means our march salary slip will show that :D

I would also like to say that all our posts here (bad and good) for sure had an influence on the management as I was informed that certain people in EY do read PPRUNE forums.

So, this is a kind of very important victory for us, cabin crew, working here in EY.
Now, Etihad sounds more attractive company for the cabin crew to work for.

Happy flying guys!

hottowel
12th Feb 2007, 10:49
Can anyone tell me if Etihad employ British Nationality males at all? I would be very interested in applying for them, but don't want to go through all the application to then get turned down. I know of some UAE airlines that don't employ Western European males. Many thanksx

EYtruth
13th Feb 2007, 15:28
Of course they do!

:)

EYCC
14th Feb 2007, 08:25
I'm CC who resigned today from EY! I had enough of this compagny.
Be careful guys!! you think that the new meals allowances is an increase but it's "NOT"!!

They should have done it a long time ago as normal airline!!!
Even BIMAN BANGLADESH AIRLINE :} have this allowances!!

For the new basic salary, another 12 months to wait:ugh: , I'm wondering how they gonna select "Cabin Senior", even if you're doing Galley for more than a year doesn't mean that you'll get the position! don't be surprised if you see senior CC who will be rejected for Cabin Senior "Oh sorry, we are looking for other skills for this position!!" :{

In return, you will have to fly more! DAC, CMB turnaround (check the new schedule for summer season)!!! is coming soon, double sectors!!!:eek:

It's not acceptable to still getting paid with "DUTY DAYS" :ugh: with
ULR (ultra long range) flights JFK, YYZ (1stJune) SYD.
Because of legality and if you get 2 of these flights per month you'll have already 8 days OFF + other days OFF for other flights! at the end of the month you'll get a maximum of 16 to 18 days!!! for 120 block hours :eek: !!no more 23 like before JFK started!

IN Conclusion, very good for the Meals Allowances!! but on the other hand you'll give it back to the compagny by flying more!!!

hottowel
14th Feb 2007, 09:04
Thanks EY I will start applying straight away :)

tanyamaria
14th Feb 2007, 12:22
Could someone please guide me as to what sort of images they require you to post with your online application.

Also what in the tests, what sort of questions did they ask, as Ive heard they ask logic, math and things like that.

Any info is really appreciated.

Thanks

appkung
14th Feb 2007, 12:27
Well, I heard my sis complain about da company as well.Otherwise for the newbie who gonna graduate and looking for job as me,its better to find any company for myself.It doesn't matter if da comp gonna treat me bad.Im sure that finally EY is better that Qr.At least they dun charge u if u resign before da date in the contract.Anyway,thanx for your advice.

By da way,anyone could tell me what should I do,I failed in da final round last month in AUH.However they called me today and invited me to join da process which gonna take place in Bangkok this 19th.Last time they said that if I failed in da final round I would be banned for 3 monthe,but they invited me again.So,pls tell me what should I do!!:rolleyes:

appkung
14th Feb 2007, 12:30
there no math in da test,such basic grammar and reading for english test.Well,they also ask u a logic question to judge how could u make yr own decision in emergency case.There are 5 items,water, a coffee cup and plate,a moblie,a letter paper and a box of tissue paper.

Good luck!!

tanyamaria
14th Feb 2007, 12:31
Thanks so much for taking time and replying back to me, with the math questions.

Do you know anything about the online pictures to be attached.

tamtam2
15th Feb 2007, 15:49
Does anyone know what is the maximum flying hours avail in one month at Etihad?
Also are the rosters assigned?
Do you bid?
I'm kinda shocked their invite interviews only on the 18th, they've been calling people from 4 years back apparently... are they that desperate? Is there really that many people leaving EY?!

A330habib
16th Feb 2007, 02:52
people are leaving in droves!

dont do it, unless of course you come from a country where the salary they offer is better than there

tamtam2
16th Feb 2007, 14:51
A330habib (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=114968)

You didn't answer my questions. How about the people who dislike working for EY state their commentary on why its so horrible, why people want to leave, etc. It kinda doesn't impress me that people are just making general statements.

Also does someone have the answers to my questions:

Does anyone know what is the maximum flying hours avail in one month at Etihad?
Also are the rosters assigned?
Do you bid?
I'm kinda shocked their invite interviews only on the 18th, they've been calling people from 4 years back apparently... are they that desperate? Is there really that many people leaving EY?!

EYtruth
16th Feb 2007, 17:27
Well, I must agree with some of the comments here regarding new salary scheme.

For example, if u r doing a double sector, u come in the morning from one flight and than in the evening u have another, but u r paid only 210 AED as this is your duty day, and that is not fair!

Than, another question: what will do people who r trained for 767, as mostly they r doing turnarounds! Their salary will be very bad at the end of the month! People in OCC should make rosters on a fair basis, so everybody could have a mix of layovers and turnarounds.

The crew who r doing JFK still can not see any big improvment, as the whole flight will bring them around 800 AED. In EK, only for flying hrs they get around 1400 AED (no allowances included, economy class)

I've heard they already chose Cabin Seniors, and if that is true that's not fair either. I mean, I haven't seen any adds for this position, which in other companies people announce. So, my question is what was the criteria for this job position ?!?!?

As for the meal allowances, this is a good move, but let's see our salary slips at the end of the month, and than we can discuss more.

:cool:

EYCC
17th Feb 2007, 15:18
I'm agree with you EYTRUTH!!!

if you want to apply for Cabin Senior, they are going to do a difference between the crew who had a previous experience as cabin crew and the ones who joined EY without previous experience! :eek:

you can apply after 18 months in EY with Flying experience
you can apply after 24 months in EY without Flying experience.

It's not fair because people are doing "galley operator" in Coral Zone since a year or more:eek: without previous experience, are doing a very good job. They were already "cabin senior" but without the salary.:ugh:

And now this ST...D manager cabin crew wants to change everything without consideration for the crew!:mad: who are flying like MONKEYS:mad:

crew with flying experience doesn't mean very good "cabin senior" the most important is "management skills".

Another crazy new rule!!! if you want to apply for Cabin Manager you'll have to work for 2 YEARS as Cabin Senior.

At EK 10 months in economy class, 6 months in Business class and then you can apply "FAST TRACK SFS" (cabin senior in EY) finally after 1 YEAR as SFS you can apply for PURSER (Cabin Manager in EY).

In conclusion! EY will make some crew unhappy and frustrated because they were doing the job of CABIN SENIOR without the salary for more than year and due to the new conditions "they are going back in the cabin" :ugh: or "resign for EK" they are "MOST WELCOME AT EK"

CCEY
17th Feb 2007, 17:57
this is so funny !
Even after the salaries being increased people still complain .Come on people , cheer up and be happy!
If you hate the job , quit!!!!!
EY is a good company to work for ....if you want to work for a huge airline then go for EK ..but there you will just be a staff number , nothing else !
EY is more like a big family , you know everyone and it is nice .

CCEY
18th Feb 2007, 09:49
EY management ??? I am sorry but I am not at all ..I am a crew , a simple crew and happy to work in EY .Yes there are some of us happy !
I know lots of crew are leaving EY for EK and lots of crew already working in EK want to resign also ...
As a fact , there are people resigning everywhere !

I just feel that if you guys are ONLY cabin crew for the money , then it wont work out. As far as i am concerned , I could easily find an office job with less stress for the same salary in my own country ....but the thing is that ,I have always wanted to be a crew .
Cabin crew is not always a glamorous job and EY has its own downsides , no doubt about it . But I believe , if you weigh good and bad sides , then you end up having much more positives ones . But I believe , it is only a matter of attitude .If you want to be pessimist , everything will be bad and dark ...if you choose to be happy , then you will enjoy the job , even in EY;)

Happy flying everyone

Aiskilus
18th Feb 2007, 10:15
Hi everyone,

Anyone has seen the Etihad video commercial? It's so classy and elegant... I just want to ask if you guys know what is the title of the background song used in that video commercial... pls pls pls send me a private message if you know it thanks a lot!

▲iskilus:O

fly_guy100
18th Feb 2007, 10:18
I'm suprised there's no ban between crews who want to leave EY to EK, same ban with Qatar. Is it b/c EY and EK are both U.A.E. airlines which is why they don't have a ban between the two?

EYtruth
18th Feb 2007, 17:11
Well, there was a ban in the beginning, than it was withdrawn. Later on it was put on again, as people were resigning and leaving for EK.
Now, there is no ban ... as far as I know.

EYtruth
18th Feb 2007, 17:16
CCEY,

the phrase u wrote " if u don't like quit" is worn out, and that kind of thinking is exactly the thing that brought EY in the situation where it is now.
We r trying to fight for the descent work conditions, and we wouldn't got salary increase if we hadn't fought for it.
EY has a huge potential, but certain things must be done in order to reveal that potentisl.

And like I said previosly, let's wait for the salary slip in march and than we can discuss more.

sec 3
18th Feb 2007, 18:49
Tell us how you "fought' for better conditions. The only ones who fought are the ones who left. I guess you call not serving the guests properly " fighting".:bored:

EYtruth
19th Feb 2007, 09:09
Maybe .... :} or it was something else :E ....

andyman_82
13th Mar 2007, 09:14
Hi I am from melbourne...excited just received a call from ETIHAD saying Im invited to the interview on 02 APR. Didnt even think my application went through properly as I dont have any pictures.

Anyway...does anyone here work for ETIHAD? What is the pay like? Allowances? Lay overs.. Is AUH as good as DXB?

It sounds like a great new airline and look forward to the experience... just wanting to know if its worth going for pay wise..

Whats the staff travel like

sebby
13th Mar 2007, 09:56
Where is the interview?

andyman_82
13th Mar 2007, 09:59
interview is in melbourne somewhere they said they had emailed me the details yet nothing has come thru... :mad: :*

A330habib
13th Mar 2007, 10:02
do a search on etihad, you will find lots of information.

As much as i want to say evil things about EY, i wont, cause i will get banned from here!

however the advise i will give you is:

if you have a job at another airline, and things are ok, dont leave for EY

Staff travel is a nightmare to deal with. Anyone coming from UK, AUS, USA, CANADA hate it.

Crew are disorganised, company is very disorganised, and you are treated as a slave

however if you can put up with things @ work, then go for it

many here will agree i am sorry to say

basic pay is about 7000dhs, inclusive of your allowances, however it may change soon. best to see if any current crew know further details...

sebby
13th Mar 2007, 10:02
Oh ok, good luck! There is quite a lot of information about them on here, some good but mostly bad... Nothing wrong with giving it a go though! :ok:

andyman_82
13th Mar 2007, 10:52
Is that 7000 Diram a week or fornight or month..

The info in here is all over the shop. I currently work at QF in Sales...

Do you get allowances with EY soemone here wrote u dont. Any EY staff here can you please tell me the fornightly pay and what allowances are like. Do you get staff travel on major interline carriers for example EK, QF, CX, BA, AA ?

FLEEBOI
14th Mar 2007, 12:36
Hi guys i have got a interview next week in LGW hotel for direct entry cabin manager. Should i go if i get the position or should i stay put. I have looked at the pay scale does not seem much for all the responsibilities you have onboard, esp when you get the A380 onboard????? HELP.

TanyaD
14th Mar 2007, 15:30
Hi Andyman,

I am in the same boat as you and just received an email inviting me to the interviews in Melbourne on 2nd April.

I really want to get into Emirates but tried once and didn't get through so now I have to wait the six months to try again.

There doesn't seem to be very much good feedback on Etihad.

Can anybody help about the accommodation provided in AUH. I have heard that it not really great (it's the old Gulf Air accommodation), and that is what really bothers me, can anybody help??

Also how does the pay compare to EK, is it the same rates? The EK website is very informative but unfortunately the EY website isn't and doesn't go into very much detail at all, this seems to be the only place you can get any info at all. :ugh:

Tanya ;)

tashal_bb
14th Mar 2007, 23:32
I got an email ask me to attend an assessment day in BNE, but I had ask them to reschedule it to Syd.
When you say 7000AED thats how much AUD? too lazy to find out ;)

Any EY crew out there pls give us some appropriate answer.:p

As Im working for QF/AO.. as FA... shoud I go? im struggling :ugh:

Bla_Bla
15th Mar 2007, 01:29
Dear tashal_bb,
in my opinion u would have to be CRAZY to leave AO to work for etihad! i am currently working for MAM as a casual and also have been invited to attend an interview on the 2nd of april. i have confirmed my attendance but am honestly having second thoughts now.......
the hot galley goss i hear is that u guys are gonna move from cairns to melb, to operate as LH FA's. apparently the melb LH base is short ( so i hear ! ). even if that doesnt happen stick to AO .
somebody said in one the threads that the pay is 7000 dirhams ( ALLOWANCES INCLUSIVE ) which WIth todaYS exchange rate works out to be = AUD 2426.00 tax free, not much really !!! .
I know u dont pay for accomodation but u will be away so much that all ur money just seems to disappear in front of ur eyes....

Good luck all ! might see u guys on the 2nd ( maybe ! ).

Mike16
15th Mar 2007, 05:42
Hi Guys

I have been reading your posts, and the others for Eithad.
First of all, Well done to get an interview.
Well i use to be Cabin crew in th UK, i really loved it, but left as i had a long term relationship and i was offered a job not to be missed.
I have recently flew with EY from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then connection flights on to Muscat and return, i must say as a PAX they were fantastic, sooooooo proffessional and a really nice mixture of crew from all nationallities and sexes.
The aircraft are beautiful and so luxurious, after flying with VS and ba quite often as well, there is a big difference and i for one will fly EY again for sure.
This is only a PAX opinion but there is another thread on here only a few weeks ago, and that was quite detailed with crew rates etc.......
If i was 10 years younger, i would be there with you guys, go for it and enjoy the experience..

Mike

janariate
15th Mar 2007, 06:34
i tried many times applying online to etihad website but its always unsuccesful! is there anything wrong with etihad website lately? anyways i'm going to attend the open house interview in bangkok on the 25th this month for emirates.. this will be my first time.. can anybody please give me some pointers and sample questions? also i have pimple scars on my face, is that a big factor?
thanks in advance!
jan

Le Luck
15th Mar 2007, 07:17
Anyone, please tell how HR process us to go to AbuDhabi? Was it always last minute?
How much AED or USD do we need during the training period?
Should we get the laptop from our countires?
Does most hotels/ apt / services apt have wi-fi (wireless) connection?

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S. How is the meal allowance with EY? Hope everything well.:O

CCEY
15th Mar 2007, 09:30
EY salary i not 7000 AED anymore .We are now getting more as we have meal allowance .Now the monthly salary should be around 9000...
Now the accomodation here is really nice except for one building ...the rest are real cool .
since we have the pay increase , no one wants to leave EY anymore ...so give it a try :)

petronas
15th Mar 2007, 10:47
i've been wanting to leave etihad for some time but now, with the salary increase (got about 9000 last month) i will for sure stick around longer. Most of the crew buildings are new or quite new, mine was built a year ago. only problem is more salary means more work. compared to the other airlines in the gulf we've been on a vacation until now

HoHum
15th Mar 2007, 13:31
:ooh: Ok ok I know I will be shot down by the negative ones who may not agree with me... but here goes. I don't care.

I have been with EY for quite a while now and find it alright:ok: . I came from Aussie airlines too and I must say that in comparison to my old job, this one was a breeze. Yes, there were some hiccups in the early days - but hey, it was very new and that can be expected. I had the same things happen back in my old airline days - and they were/are years old so should have ironed out all the problems!!
EY aircraft are nearly all new, the crew are pretty much great and the lifestyle is ok.
That was all before when the salary was not as good as what it will be in the next few months. The base pay has increased as has the duty pay (paid for each day of flying). Crew are now receiving allowances for layovers - effective since start of March - so things are obviously getting better.

The workload was pretty easy in comparison to what I was used to in my previous airline/s. But that may change - who has that crystal ball? As the company grows - the workload will no doubt change a bit - fact of life:rolleyes: .

Friends of mine work for EK and if you think that they have it so much better - then you are horribly mistaken!! Sorry to say. (And I am not trying to put down EK in this statement:sad: ) It is just a fact of life.
Eveywhere is the same and it is what you make of it... so for those of you who are considering - it is up to you...no different if you were changing any job. Remember, EY is only a newer airline - stop comparing it to EK or the others - they have been running for years - and STILL have problems:suspect: !! Compare apples to apples as the saying goes.

Salary compared for Australians is not bad - you have no transport costs, no rent, no utilities to pay for cost of living can be cheaper depending on what you want:D . So what you earn is for you to spend... after living in Aust, I find it no harder.:=I remember spending $80 dollars filling up my car with petrol each week - cetainly a thing of the past for me here!!:p

And I have had the advantage of seeing the world and experiencing a different life for a while.
I have been able to pay off a mortgage and live alright on the old salary - so the new one will be even better now!!
I will be staying for some time yet, I have my life set up here for now and I know the grass is not always greener on the other side. Yes, there a few little things that still need straightening out - but on a day to day basis - everything is acceptable and easy enough to deal with...

Don't let others who may have had a bad experience sour your opinion... there are lots of staff working for EY. On here, you may only read from a few......and yes, everyone has different opinions.So this is mine, that's all.:bored:

Let the barrage of insults start now!

HoHum
15th Mar 2007, 13:36
Thanks for your nice words too MIke16. It is nice to have good feedback and acknowledgement of the crews' hard work too -
If others are really interested, may I suggest checking out the comments on Sktrax.
www.airlinequality.com.

Then you can make a judgement for yourself.:ok:

TanyaD
15th Mar 2007, 17:41
Hi to all,
thank you so much for your responses, you have all really made me feel at ease about the whole accommodation thing and with the wages going up that sounds pretty reasonable too!!! :D

I'm so excited and can't wait for 2nd April. I have never been to an EY interview process before so it's all going to be a great experience and I'm sure I'll just run on adrenaline for the day. If anyone has some tips on how the day runs and what goes on that would be fantastic. :O

I really hope I get through the process and can join you all over there in AUH.

Can you tell me how long does the training go for and how long after that are you flying? :confused:

Thank again so much guys

Tanya ;)

EYtruth
15th Mar 2007, 20:07
OK, lets start :-)

Andyman_82 – yes, we do get stuff travel on EK,QR,BA,LH, etc. Not sure for QF but u can use EK, and EY as well, if u r planning to travel to Oz. ;-)

FLEEBOI - With the new salary scheme (fully implemented till the end of 2007) I think u can expect around 15 000 AED as a cabin manager (if u fly full month, but many CMs don’t)

TanyaD – if u r after EK, u can try while still employed with EY. No ban between these 2 carriers at the moment, and many crew just did that in previous months (years).
There is only one ex-Gulf Air building beeing used for EY crew (no. 11) and it is really bad. Accomodation here is a kind of mixed bag. U can get excellent flat, but u can end up with bad one as well. New buildings are very nice, huge flats, pool and gym (only 2 buildings at the moment). Can’t tell u if this (pool and gym) is going to be a standard for other new buildings.
Speaking about old flats, it depends who lived in it before. It can be nice but it can be bad too. EY at the moment doesn’t have policy of cleaning and refurbishing old flats when someone resigns. (like in EK)
The training is around 8 weeks, I think, not 100% sure. After that u might get 2-3 days off, and than off u go! There is another website where u can get more info on new recruitment process. PM me, and will let u know.

As for the pay, with the allowances we finally got, as a crew in economy class, u can expect (at the moment) around 9000 AED, tax free (around 3100 AUD).
The new salary package will be fully implemented till the end of 2007 and it will be very competitive to the one EK has.

Tashal_bb – do not leave QF!!! Many of my friends work for QF and when I heard your conditions, I was amazed when I saw that some of QF crew want to come and work either for EY or EK.

HoHum – the basic salary hasn’t been increased yet, neither duty pay. It’s only on the paper we all got. At the moment we got allowances.
As for the workload, some flights r easy, but most of them r full these days.

As for the EK-EY comparison, when EY turns 25 years, some people will still say “it’s a new airline, it’s normal to have same problems we had when we were 3 years old” :}

sebby
16th Mar 2007, 01:45
EYTRUTH - Qantas is made up of lots of small companies that make up the cabin crew, these include australian airlines and jetconnect.

The australian airlines and jetconnect crews dont enjoy the same conditions that Qantas mainline fulltimers do. We dont even get the same staff travel. Then there are the MAM casuals who dont get any staff travel at all. Duty hour limitations are different as are rest periods. And so on.. I mean hey! some of us cant even be based in aus to fly full time on Qantas aircraft.

If your friends are full time Aus based, then im afraid the days of anyone else getting employed under those conditions are over, if they are UK based then they are on a completely different contract again which doesnt compare with AOs or Jetconnects.

HoHum
16th Mar 2007, 11:28
SEBBY - You are so correct in your comments - but unfortuantely the people on here say "... oh I know someone......" but these people (making the comment on behalf of the person they know) have not themselves necessarily worked for the QF group to know the internal structure. They therefore can make misinformed interpretations about how "good" QF crew have it.:ugh: And they are not aware how QF is trying to change the conditions (ie Short haul crew doing L/Haul flights, JQ taking over many S/Haul routes etc etc) As you say the conditions that any "OLD" QF crew had are quickly deteriorating.:eek:

EYTRUTH - By checking our staff travel website, you would find a list of all the carriers who we can fly, and yes, QF is one of them.:ok: Its why we also have BA (they are part of One World ).
Also, I can undersand partially, your comment "As for the EK-EY comparison, when EY turns 25 years, some people will still say “it’s a new airline, it’s normal to have same problems we had when we were 3 years old”, but really? :suspect: People would at least be able to work out for themselves that this would not be a valid argument.:= But at this time given EY's age in the industry, I feel it is a fair comment.....in a few years though, I would agree we could no longer use this as any form of excuse.
As I said, I worked for one which was very established and they tried that excuse - but we really knew that it was a crap statement and no longer valid....:=
The staff salaries are starting to increase - CM's will recieve them in the next salary (Duty pay and Base) and the other increases will follow throughout the next few months down the line. So your comment about it not being implemented yet, leaves me a little perplexed......:rolleyes: As you said - it is all there in black and white..:p And yes, it is very good compared to the EK package.:ok:

Yes, our loads are starting to build on our flights and that is a GOOD:ok: thing to ensure we still have a job at the end of the day - we are building up our company...that is what all airlines aim for.....I can guarantee you that EK don't run around with empty flights either....

Staff training is 6 weeks in total too for those who are interested....;)

Bittersweet
16th Mar 2007, 12:44
Anyone going for the PER assessment day? I got my invite - I been to one assessment day approx 2 years ago and flunked - LOL :p I am thinking whether I should go for another one. Anyone attending the PER one, pls PM me - May I tag along :P

Toodles

FLEEBOI
17th Mar 2007, 00:05
Thank You For Letting Mr Know The Salary, Really Hopeing To Get Position And Be Part Of The Sucess Of Ey...... Do You Currently Live In Auh

wa.man
17th Mar 2007, 04:16
Direct Entry C.M,s

Anyone know if Eithad have age restrictions, what is too young?? what is too old??

andyman_82
17th Mar 2007, 04:27
What is the accommodation like in AUH? Are most flights a lay over and for example if you fly to NYC how many nights do you get lay over?

andyman_82
17th Mar 2007, 08:46
Does anyone have the EY HUMAN RESOURCES NUMBER?
They gave it to me when they called me to invite me ot hte interview for UAE but i tried calling and i get invalid number. I need to call them because they havent sent me the email for the invitation and I want to know what to bring and what time to turn up.

Please anyone that can help let me know

andy

Bittersweet
17th Mar 2007, 09:10
Andy

I just PM-ed the number to you. They are closed today - Call tommorrow onwards.

Toodles

EYtruth
17th Mar 2007, 11:32
Andyman_82, as for the accomodation just check the post above I wrote.
Your roster is a mix of layovers and turnarounds. Sometimes u will have more layovers, sometimes u will have more turnarounds, no precise rules, lol.
The fact is our long layovers r getting shorter and shorter :-( as we r increasing the flights to our destinations. Most of them r 24hr layover but still we have nice ones (GVA- almost 3 days, BRU-48hrs, YYZ-48hrs, KUL-48hrs, SYD-almost 3 days, etc) Some of these I mentioned r getting shorter :{ (KUL, SYD)
So far, most of the time when we introduce a new destination, layovers r nice. NYC is 24 hrs .... only :{
HoHum, when I wrote "implemented" I thought "fully operational". So, everything that is mentioned on the memo we all got, we will have till the end of 2007. CMs increase is coming in april or may, and for the crew in june. As for the Cabin Senior, Diamond and Pearl Zone Crew it all depends on how fast we can recruit 1000 people more.

steste
17th Mar 2007, 14:39
Hi all

Just want to say all of your posts have been so helpful in helping me make my mind up about going for EY. I have my assessment day on Monday (19th) at LGW and I'm quite confident that I know as much as I can possibly know this stage about what I'm letting myself in for. Hehe

I know there is always good and bad points about working for any company - and I've experienced a lot of each in my career so far. But you take the rough with the smooth and keep in mind that after all is said and done it is your job and it is what you make of it. Everyday of your life isn't going to be some magnificent triumph of excitement, that's life. But as far as I can gather, it seems like a pretty decent airline to work for. When the pay increase gets rolled out it's quite an atractive package for whatever amount of work you end up doing. Mainly because you're based in a beautiful and exciting part of the world. No more walking up to days of drizzle and miserable windy cold days. Now surely that alone is enough for anyone to jump at the chance!

Well good luck and God bless everyone. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for anyone interviewing as well as myself :o)

Let's watch this space.

steste
17th Mar 2007, 14:49
...the mens uniform is a dream! hehe

Without being cheeky, if anyone would have any last minute interview tips, that would be most kind and greatly appreciated!

All advice is welcome :o)

Enjoy your weekends ...

tashal_bb
17th Mar 2007, 19:49
EYtruth, well... i must say the conditions that we have now its not as good as 10 yrs ago. i been working for this company for 4 yrs... and the pay is almost the same w/ EY, but on top of that we have to pay rent, car, petrols...etc... i will go to the assessment day, if i get the offer i will really think about it. EY sounds a really good company to work for things are getting better after 4 yrs operations... but with us things are getting worst and worst.... They sacked a 57 yo FA (32 yrs of flying) last year cos he took 10 chocolates from the a/c.

sebby, i must say our staff travel is getting better and better. at least we can travel interline now.

Bla_Bla, yeah i do know...but the thing is... we are still hanging there and duno what QF wanna do to us... so i have to seek other opportunities

HoHum, thx for ur info. it makes me really wanna go to EY now.

EYs uniform are really nice :ok: sick of the morrisey already :sad:

Anybody going on the 22/3 in SYD? :rolleyes:

fly_guy100
18th Mar 2007, 08:35
I know that the minimum age is 20 years old to apply but would it be possible to apply when I'm 19 closing into the age of 20? I know some airlines will let you be younger then the age requirement but you have to be at that certain age by the time of graduation from training. Is this the case at Etihad? Anyone current crew have anyone younger then 20 in their training class?

TanyaD
18th Mar 2007, 10:50
STESTE, just wanted to say best of luck on the 19th. I'm sure you'll be fantastic.

Go in with confidence and tell them just how wonderful you are !!! You'll be great I'm sure.

Thank you to everyone who is helping all of us newbies try and get through the interview process, I appreciate it so much and cannot thank you enough.

Take care
Tanya

steste
18th Mar 2007, 11:44
TANYA D Thanks a million - the same goes to you! Best of British ;) and if we both get through I'll keep my eyes peeled for you in Abu Dhabi.

Not long to go for us all until D-Day, so best of luck to everyone going for EY, I'll post on here to let you know how I fair tomorrow....bit nervous but mainly excited. Let me know how you get on too! Our paths will cross I'm sure.

Have a great time and as we say in Wales - Pob Lwc!

PS. Something to get us newbies in the mood - it's a bit corny but it's sweet nonetheless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67tnDvzevw

Bla_Bla
18th Mar 2007, 12:39
hey guys... could one of u guys that have lived ( or live ) in AUH tell me whats like for homossexuals working for an airline in the UAE ???
im currentlly flying and we all now that in this industry there are a lot of gay people ( is it the same in AUH - EY ?).
just wanna have an idea, cause a friend of mine told em that homossexuality is a big NO NO NO in the UAE ?
many thks ...

oh4show
19th Mar 2007, 01:35
Hi I'm thinking of going to the recruitment day in Christchurch NZ soon, Anyone got any tips on how it runs? and what to sort of clothing is best.
Thanks

pinkus
19th Mar 2007, 08:03
Are there any homosexuals in Abu Dhabi?

Did you not watch the You Tube Video?

Yes there is gay boys a plenty at EY probably less than normal airlines but alot of the guys from Western Countries are.

oh4show
19th Mar 2007, 09:40
Has anyone got any tips for the up coming recruitment days for Etihad, How should men be dressed when attending the open day?

FLEEBOI
19th Mar 2007, 16:26
Hi I Have A Interview Tomo In London Gatwick Airport I Am On My Way Now For The Position As Direct Entry Cabin Manager. Tomo I Will Be Wearing A Suit With Tie And Shirt, You Have To Be Very Smart As This Reflects On You. Also Ensure Your Shoes Are The Cleanest You Can Get Them...... Good Luck And Maybe See You Out Their...

Polynesianguy
20th Mar 2007, 06:19
Mahalo, Talofa, Kia Ora and Greetings to you all out there!

Im new to this and find all the threads interesting and very informative to read on here - keep them coming ladies and gentlemen. Just wondering if there's anyone out there that knows of what exactly happens during an Open day. All airlines may have their own open days differently but just wondering if anyone has been to one by Etihad. They will be coming to Wellington next week and then onto Christchurch which I would like to go along to and would like to prepare myself as getting this would be a dream come true. So any words of comfort or advise, words of wisdom would muchly be appreciated! From this I hope to either make the final interview if not this will be an experienced learnt and to take forward with me to the next one in future.

Thank you all once again!

PolynesianGuy **wanting to spread his wings**:-)

NordicJetSet
20th Mar 2007, 09:02
Could anyone share some information how's the interview like?

I have an interview coming up with recruitment agency. If I get through that, there would be a second one with Etihad directly.

The only information I have, is that it'll last two hours. Is there group tasks, 2-1 or what to expect? I'm so nervous....

Thanks for any help!

lil_star
20th Mar 2007, 11:05
Hi guys did anybody get an invitation for an assessment day in Etihad on 21st March mean tomorrow? What is it an assessment day? And if smb can advise me if I can't attend as i am out of UAE what I have to do? Thnx

TanyaD
20th Mar 2007, 11:53
Hey STESTE, Just watched your You Tube video, absolutely fantastic, I'm speechless. It certainly does get you motivated and in the mood.

Have you had your interviews yet? How did you go? I'm sure we haven't heard from you cause you're into the final stages, but even if you're not we're all here for each other and you can do it next time.

Anyway, keep us all updated.

Take care
Tanya;)

lil_star
20th Mar 2007, 12:57
Hi guys, I think it is not right to say bad things about EY:= . Come on friends they are just so new but i am sure they will be better than EK. They are National carrier. I like Etihad and their routes are growing so fast. Big competitor to EK and QR:} All the best to EY group:D

lil_star
20th Mar 2007, 13:00
And by the way sec3 why u are so rude to EYtruth??? Are u working for EK.??? :p

EYtruth
20th Mar 2007, 21:02
Lil_Star,

many people here wrote various things about EY, mainly bad comments. Many of us were banned from the site for more or less justified reasons.
But if more than one person tells u something bad about company, that means something is wrong in it.

I chose to write about things people do not like to see and things people like to close their eyes on, pretending everything is fine. Everything I wrote so far is true, and if somebody can prove me I was wrong, I would like to hear that.
If u can't stand the comments, than maybe this is not right forum for u. People take these comments personaly instead of getting a global picture.

Maybe I am the last person that has right to complain, but there r 1000 crew more here that were not happy as I was.

EY is a company with huge potential, but certain things must be put in a right place to secure it's existance. And I know for sure that people from management do read these things, as this is the one of the main sources of info on what's going on among crew.

Happy flying!!! :ok:

steste
21st Mar 2007, 00:02
Hi TANYA D et al.

I had my assessment on Monday and it was an interesting experience. I have to admit it's the first airline assessment I've ever been to (having regrettably turned down the chance for Qantas back in October!!) and to say the least it was looooooong (6 hours)!! I didn't make it past the first stage, as did about 95% of the 90 or so people there. It was disappointing as I'd done a load of research into Etihad and life in Abu Dhabi.

It started with an intro to Etihad and the basics about Abu Dhabi by the HR guy from EY. Then we were split into 2 groups to sit a basic English proficiency test (written, multiple choice, piece of cake for native English speakers). Then we were all called in 2 by 2 for a 3 minute question time. Then I was asked a few random questions relating to my experience, why choose a career in cabin crew and where am I from and how would I fit into life in Abu Dhabi.

That was it.

We then all sat for another 3 hours while everyone took their turn. The HR guy then came back and read out 8 numbers (we were all numbered), they stayed, the rest of us were sent on our jolly way!

Bizarre to say the least considering they couldn't really gauge what we were really like, how qualified we were etc but that's the way it's done and I suppose they have an idea of who they want before the day starts.

My best piece of advice would be to take it as it comes and don't lose your enthusiasm. Research each airline you apply for as if it's the only thing that matters, because it will definately give you a head start and the confidence that you know all you can possibly know at that stage about the company you want to work for (that would go for any interview really!).

After all is said and done, it hasn't put me off reapplying in 6 months. I still thing it would be a pretty good experience to work for them. But there are other airlines in the mean time. I would say to anyone reading this: Give it a fair shot and enjoy yourself, don't put your eggs into one basket as the airlines will still be there down the line. Literally spam the airlines you think you want to work for and go for loads of interviews. If you want to be a flight attendent just do it, it doesn't really matter who you do it for, just go out there and get the experience!

Best of luck to you all and thanks a million for everyones posts with all the good advice and inside info. I'll no doubt be back with my tales of day long gruelling assesments! I have NZ, QF and BA to look forward to!

One love and happy flying...

steste

TanyaD
21st Mar 2007, 12:15
;) Hi STESTE,

I'm sorry you didn't get through, it really doesn't sound like they got to see any of your communication skills at all. What a bummer having to wait all that time to find out you didn't go any further. :eek:

I'm really glad to see that you have remained positive though and keep going for those interviews, one airline will realise that you are fabulous and would be an asset to their cabin crew!!!

Thanks for letting us know how the day ran, I now know what to expect on the 2nd April when I attend. They seem to have changed their processes from the last posts about their days.

Make sure you keep us updated on your future interviews so we can celebrate with you when you get through.

Take care and keep heading for that dream of flying in the skies!!!:ok:

Tanya

TanyaD
21st Mar 2007, 12:18
Hey Andyman82,

How did you go with getting in touch with the Recruitment Department? Did you get your invitation by email yet?

Hope to see you there.

TanyaD;)

steste
21st Mar 2007, 12:21
Hi TANYA D,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement! It's not the end of the world although a little disappointing. But that's the fun of life, not knowing everything!

I want to wish you (and everyone else applying) the very best of luck for the 2nd April! I'm sure you will enjoy it and get the most out of the day.

Maybe one day our paths will cross and we will look back on the whole experience over a large glass of wine and chuckle at the trials and tribulations!

Best of luck one more time!

steste

lil_star
21st Mar 2007, 13:19
yeah????:uhoh: what happened???

andyman_82
21st Mar 2007, 14:37
Yes tanyad i called them and got them to send out my email.

When was the BNE assessment day? How was it?

From what I hear about EY's staff turn over I thought they would hire lots of people I really hope to get in!

Flyboyuk1
21st Mar 2007, 18:22
Hi guys.

I was just wondering whether anyone could give me any info about the Cabin Managers role at EY.

Presently I have been working for a major British airline here in the UK for the last 10 years, but as promotion prospects are virtually zero, I am seriously considering the move to EY.

I have a million questions, but the main ones are:

What does the job entail, I mean other than the obvious, what are the duties on board, does the CM actually perform duties such as the meal service etc?
What are the accomodations like for CM's. I understand that CM's don't have to share accomodations, is that correct?
Are you bonded with the airline for certain number of years?
And of course, most importantly, what is the money situation like? Specifically, what is the absolute least and absolute most that I could expect to earn in a month.If there is anyone out there who has the answers, or know's someone that does, I would be truly GRATEFUL for any info!!!

Anything else that I should consider?

Thanks for your time, I look forward to hopefully reading the replies!

EYtruth
21st Mar 2007, 19:57
Here r the answers :)

1. Besides regular duties u will need to participate in service. That's the new thing. Previosly our CM's weren't doing much on flights, only some paperwork had to be done, and sometimes menu cards given to pax. Than management realized that, and changed the responsibilities.
But, the truth is, if u have enough crew on board, many CMs will still try to assign positions to other people, so they won't do much... again.

2. CMs don't share accomodation. There is one building which is not of a highest standards, but the rest r very nice, especially the flats in new buildings.

3. When u join, u do sign a contract for certain period of years, but u r not obliged to stay the whole period. U can resign whenever u want.

4. Money. At the moment CM salaries r not much different from the crew salaries. There will be some increases soon, but the whole package that was promised to us will be active till the end of 2007, maybe earlier. With that new thing, u can expect around 12000-15000 AED (allowances included). Currently it's around 9000-10000 AED (allowances included). This is the money if u have 22 working days. But the problem is many CMs don't fly that much, and have many days off, and get around 15-18 flying days which gives u lower salary.
We r hoping this will change as we r expecting new deliveries of aircrafts and new destinations. But at the moment it's like this.

Tell us, was any salary package given to u?

Flyboyuk1
21st Mar 2007, 21:14
EYtruth - Thank you so much for the reply and information, much appreciated!

I have not actually applied for the position yet which is why I am now trying to find some info.

Of course, like everything in life, the main deciding factor is the money. There would be no point in leaving my current airline if the pay is less, but I am taking into account the free accomodation and, hopefully, cheaper living conditions out there in AUH.

I have no problem with having to perform cabin duties, in fact I'd probably prefer to do that than the paperwork, but I just wanted to know what exactly the job entailed...!

One further question I have though, you mention that some CM's only work 15-18/month, is that through choice or by rostering? Do you have a bidding system at EY?

Finally, as you have been so kind to answer my other questions, I wonder whether you would be able to answer 2 more for me?

What is life in AUH like? Do you have a good social life out there and also, is there a high turn over of staff as I have heard?

Once again, thanks for the reply and if I progress any further in my application, I will keep you updated.

whatzmyname
22nd Mar 2007, 12:41
Etihad flies to only a few destinations thats why the flying hours are so low for the crew. When the airline adds more flights to its itinerary the more the crew will start flying.
Abu Dhabi is super boring. Good luck with that.;)

cabincat
23rd Mar 2007, 05:05
Whatzmyname... Etihad only flies to a few destinations? 39 only a few??
When I was at Etihad I was flying with only minimum days off. I have many friends still there and I understand this is still the case.
And Abu Dhabi boring? Hmm... I always say you make your own fun. Needless to say I had a rocking time at Etihad! :}
For those applying to Etihad go for it! I left for the big competitor up the road and can honestly say the grass is always greener!! With the new payrise Etihad is right up there with EK! Give them a chance and you will see more changes :ok:

murrayfly
24th Mar 2007, 05:38
i went to the EY recrutiment day and found it to be organised with good information about Abu Dhabi, i hadn't really thought about living outside of home and the presentation made me think about living in a diff country! still want to fly! i had tried out for the EK day in Bris (not sucessful :{ ) and thought the Ey day was better as they were kind to us during the day the process was not that different from EK.

TanyaD
24th Mar 2007, 13:22
Hi Murrayfly,

How did you go on the recruitment day in Sydney? Was it a long day?

It's good to hear that it was organised and well run, i'm attending the one in melbourne on the 2nd April.

Cheers
Tanya;)

andyman_82
24th Mar 2007, 16:28
Do they explain the salary and conditons of contract at the assessment day?
Also do they do 1 on 1 interviews on the same day or do they ask you to come back the following day?

HoHum
24th Mar 2007, 16:53
I would suggest those who are reading this post to ignore the defamatory and highly derrogatory comments made by Mustapha Rex .....
Their opinion, of course, is allowed, but please do not let their comments bias your opinion. As I have said previously, there are many people working for EY (myself included - and no, I am NOT in Management - I am crew!) and we do not necessarily share Mustapha Rex's views.
I am sure that you are able to read through this post for yourself and get an opinion that EY of your own. EY is an improving company ( yes we have had some not so good times in the past - but it is time to move on and see that positive changes are happening, and that the conditions are not THAT bad.
I, for one, am happy that I am here as I know what it is like in other airlines and am enjoying the ride so far......It is a far cry from what I came from...and I know many of my friends are now looking at coming over here!!!:ok:
(It irks me that someone can write such defammatory comments here with no respect to other human beings.....:mad: ) Sounds like a bit of a case of sour grapes to me.....

murrayfly
25th Mar 2007, 00:32
dont know about the length of the full day, they had alot of peple they to see so u hav to wait for your turn, i didnt mind cos they were polit about it and it was good hangin out with the other peple waiting. i didnt make it into the afternoon, i think i tanked on my english test :{ will def give it another go when they come back if i havnt got in with another airline by then. in the pres they said ther would be some kinda grups exercises in the afternoon. hav been reeding some of the other messages an can say they were seeing all kindsa peple males an female and some had tattoos. Ther was places to sit an wait an they were giving peple lunch beofr the afternoon and teas/coffees in the morning so dont know about the long day hungry thing someone in another message sed, i was ok there was places to sit wile waiting :) the waiting area was ok got a bit hot, but it was the hotel prob an Ey team got it sorted so we were comfatable. good luck if you are trying out!

Jamespaul
25th Mar 2007, 01:50
I would just like to know what is the age limit for experienced cabin crew willing to join Etihad. And how old is the oldest cabin crew emploee who is now active with that airline...It would be interesting to know if they are interested (the company) in the experience of the professionals or the employment there is a matter ot other factors..
Cheers!

tashal_bb
25th Mar 2007, 23:24
HI guys.
I had attended the SYD afternoon session.
We started at 12.30pm.
1. Registration Form. They give you a form to fill out including personal info., airline experience, tatoos, eye sight.
2. Reach test. 214cm height shoes off tip toes is ok.
3. Hand in your CV with a passport photo.
Then they ask us to go to another room for presentation.
The presentation got info. like life in AUH, 3yr renewable contract, benefits, CC training, EY history and penalty if you leave under 6 mths (i think, cant remember) you have to pay the airtkt going home.
4. 20mins English test (easy questions)
5. 2 on 1 short question time. Bascially everyone were numberd (depends on how quick you reply to their email/phone call). This is the longest part of the day. I waited for almost 2 hrs to get to see them. And I only spent 3 mins in there. First, they as you to pick a thing (newspaper, tray, water, lipstick, mobile phone, bottle of water...etc) and tell them why you chose this object.
And they asked 'do you have custmer service background' or 'you said you got airline experience, what sort of area you were working in?' or 'why you wanna work for EY?' or 'why you wanna become CC?'
deselection point
Then we wait about 45 mins. They called some numbers, ard 20 ppl they called (including a girl who turn up in jeans n going out outfits, can you believe it?!?!). All these ppl were really quiet in that day. As everyone know that part of the airline interview, you have to be part of the team, so ppl intend to talk to others among the applicants. But with EY I think they want more quiet personality.

And then they have another presentations for ppl who pass the 1st stage. Follow by group discussion. And another deselection point. Ppl who pass this one will b invited to have a final interview at the end of day.

My advise to you who is attending future assessment day is be part of the group. DONT B TO CHATTY. Stand there and look nice.

Best wishes to all of you. Keep up the good work, looking forward to hear good news from you guys.

murrayfly
26th Mar 2007, 09:09
i was at the full day not the afternoon sess. the pres mcuh the same but they sed no payback on training required if you leave cos someone asked this queston direktly. dont know about the quite ones going thru thing :confused: on my day sum very talkativ peple were chosen for the second part but a yes on the team thing.

Nickvan
26th Mar 2007, 15:33
Hi All...

This is my first post :ugh:

I just completed the assessment in Sydney 23rd March... Was a hell of a long day.

I made it through 2 deselection processes and through to the final interview. :}

I was told an answer will be made in AUH and notified by email in a week. Found it awkward the the recruitment team I have been assessed by and knowing me as potential applicant be travelling the world recuiting and leaving the decision making to EY Headquaters in AUH?

Anyway... Fingers crossed...Once I get the answer Im to take the medical clearance. Medical Forms looks like a mission..anyone can shed light on it? Do I have to take it to an Aviation Physician as they say?

EYtruth
27th Mar 2007, 05:01
Well, they will never tell u the upper age limit :ugh: , but so far if they like u, u will get the job.

The oldest crew we have is 41 or 43, he is CM, but he looks like he has 28 :D Amazing!

NordicJetSet
27th Mar 2007, 13:06
Do you have to be able to reach 214cm with both hands at the same time or just one hand? This is crucial information, because if it's with two hands if might as well give up now...:sad:

Nickvan
28th Mar 2007, 04:20
I didnt have to do the reach test. They automatically circled REACHABLE on my form. :}

But from what I saw people had to reach with on 1 arm.

oh4show
28th Mar 2007, 08:25
Hi there, can anyone tell me when it says the assessment day for Etihad is from 8-10am do you need to be free for the whole day incase they call you back. Or is that another day, Kinda diffficult If people have to work
Any info appreciated

Nickvan
28th Mar 2007, 11:05
The 0800-1000 is normally the CV Drop off. Where they invite you back the next day if they like you. For the full 0800-1800 Assessment day.

I went last week to Sydney's one. Firstly is registration, followed by a reach test of 214cm with one arm.

*Approx 45min presentation of the Airline etc etc...
*Split up into 2 groups. One does the English test..while the other does the one on one pshyco..test..Then vice versa

BREAK

A cut is made.. in this case we had 64 candidates..the first cut was 42 which left 22.

LUNCH

Remaining 22 have activities, scenarios. - A further wait.
Then a final cut. I believe there were 10 left. Luckily I was one of them :D

Final interview and now I am waiting for a response.... They informed me of a result in a week.... Fingers Crossed

Goodluck Oh4Show

pbaby
28th Mar 2007, 12:37
Two days ago, I got an interview with EY in KOREA.
BUT I GOT PASSED OVER~~~

I envy you and I'd like to hear something from you that is your tip for successful interview~~ Anything will be O.K to me~~ ^^and I'll appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nickvan
28th Mar 2007, 12:48
You made it to the final interview? and they advised you within 48hours? Or did you make it to the assessment and got cut? :confused:

pbaby
28th Mar 2007, 12:59
EY had an assesement day in korea and they got 200 applicants who were selected on pre- interview by agency. EY got a two days for an interview.
The first day was mine.
After reach test, written test and one on one interview.....I got cut~:\

I'm planning to go Abu Dhabi for an assesment day in May...^^
PLZ...help me out....give me some tips for me~~~~
Anything'll be good to me.... ^^

andyman_82
28th Mar 2007, 13:57
Hi

I got a call to confirm im attending the EY interview. Did anyone else receive a phone call to confirm the details. Does anyone know if its the Grand Mecure Swanston Street or Grand Mecure Flinders lane. The email says Flinders lane but i rang the flinders lane hotel and they said they dont have any details of EY comming on Mon. :confused: bit confused. They told me on the phone they were sending me a new email with the details but yet again I didnt receive it. Don't know why.
:eek:

Anyone got the exact details?
xox

andyman_82
28th Mar 2007, 14:00
Hi Nickvan...just wondering was your final interview on the same day?

A

XX

pinkus
28th Mar 2007, 14:29
Aaah your first taste of Etihad inefficiency. There'll be loads more where that came from if you get the job.

Nickvan
29th Mar 2007, 01:06
Hey Andyman_82

Yes the final interview is done the same day when the final cut is made. You fill out all the forms etc etc. You do take the medical forms home. As once confirmation is received that you are succesful, you take the medical to a Doctor/GP.

NordicJetSet
29th Mar 2007, 07:12
I attented the assesment day last week here in Scandinavia. It was held by recruitment agency and it really lasted only two hours, which was stated in the invitation.

First there was presentation of Etihad. Then we had to do a presentation of ourselves in front of others. After that there was a group task. If you would get through this stage, you would be invited to another interview held by Etihad staff.

andyman_82
29th Mar 2007, 10:25
Hey Nickvan.. is the group activities the last part of the day? Do they tell you if you pass that part on the day or they make you all weight?

Andyman

TanyaD
29th Mar 2007, 12:58
Hey Andyman,

I didn't receive a phone call at all to confirm the details, but I've never received a phone call, only ever the invitation via email.

I have just called the Grand Mercure On Swanston and they confirmed that Etihad do have rooms booked with them on Monday so I'm guessing that's the location.

They are at 195 Swanston Street, Melbourne - ph: 9663 4711.

Maybe just get there a bit early in case it's the other hotel and we have to make a quick dash across. I'd hate to be late!!!!

It does all seem quite confusing. Did anybody else find anything out about the location?

I'm getting a bit nervous now, but excited at the same time.

Best of luck to all that are attending interviews in the next few days and I look forward to meeting any of you who are attending Monday in Melbourne.

Tanya;)

whatzmyname
29th Mar 2007, 14:21
7000 dirhams is about 1900 us dollars per month.:eek:

chomelodie
31st Mar 2007, 14:27
Just attended an EK Open day but didn't even pass thro the 1st round, feeling vvvvvvvvvvvvv sad cos i had been preparing myself everyday for the past one month..........

now i m thinking should i give myself a try for EY, though there are lots of cons about it, but i really wanna work in the middle east.......... n it seems that EY is still better than QR rite, anyone can tell me??

i sent an on9 application in the EY website tdy but the site isn't as informative as EK, the open days they organized seem all finished in March already, so does it mean I would have to wait for months should I wish them to come to SE Asia to recruit again??

hope somebody can give me more advices, feeling vvvvvvvvvv lost :{

EYGirl
31st Mar 2007, 23:28
Nice experience so far... regarding the sallary... all words so far, nothing true yet... it would be smart if they raise it, loads of cc from other airlines (guess EK) would come...

If you have nothing to loose. Come here, nice life, good experience good way of saving money...

Good luck...

EY Girl...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nK1UXSOdpU

Enjoy this one habibi!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKO_-6GvKWE

violinplayer21c
1st Apr 2007, 12:57
WOW! I did it! Made it thru the final round of the assessment... s gonna take like 2 weeks until I'll get security clearance etc.

I got a question for u guys who already made it... i received a form consisting of 3 pages concerning medical tests, dental tests etc.
Do I have to do all those mediclal examinations before going to abu dhabi on my own expense, or will all that be done as soon as I'll arrive there?

regards

fly_guy100
2nd Apr 2007, 05:45
Any current FA's with EY, please help me out with a question of mine. I know you have to be 20 to apply tbu i was wondering if you can be 19 and like 2 months away from turning 20 when you apply or show up at an open day? Will they let you apply even though your not 20 but your only 2 months away from turning 20? Anyone remeber what age was the youngest in your training class?

Nickvan
2nd Apr 2007, 07:31
Does anyone know if EY contact your Refrences/Referees prior to making that final decision and notifying you if your succesful or not?

TanyaD
2nd Apr 2007, 15:25
Hi Guys,

Well, it's all done. The EY recruitment day in Melbourne on 2nd April was great. :O

The recruiters were fantastic, they were so friendly and made you feel so comfortable, it was a great atmosphere.:D They were organised and ran the day well. They were extremely efficient and tried to utilise time as best they could. Job well done to them !!!!:D

I made it through the final interview process and now have to wait two weeks to receive a phone call to know if I'm successful or not. It's going to be the longest two weeks of my life. WOOOHOOOO !!!!!!:p

I'm so excited and really looking forward to working for EY, they certainly put together a great presentation on the airline and where they are heading, it got me really excited.:O

Anyway, for those who did not get through, don't give up (it took me three attempts) and keep at it. :)

Thank you all for your help on this forum, it certainly made me feel more comfortable on the day as I had so much information. You are fantastic and if I can ever help any of you, please ask.

Thanks again
Tanya ;)

Nickvan
3rd Apr 2007, 12:58
Its now been 11 days since my final interview in Sydney.

I was advised will be notified approx 7 days?!?

Emailed the Etihad Cabincrew Team in AUH this evening to be informed I had to send through my CV/Attachments etc etc?!

Bizarre as I already uploaded them onto my Ehire Cabin Crew online application. Spoke to a lovely and helpful girl she found my file and advised no CV etc etc was not there!...Therefore my application will not be processed any further! :ugh: Wasnt happy :(
Ive just quickly forwarded everything back to her. Once received she will pass it onto HR who will start the security check. 11 days late :*

Something must be wrong with their website??!!

A330habib
3rd Apr 2007, 13:36
No they did not lose it.

All i can say is "Welcome to the Middle East"!!!!!!!!!!

Things go missing all the time, you may not hear for months, so don't think you will hear soon.

As they say

Inshallah?

jay131
3rd Apr 2007, 23:30
Hey Nickvan,
I was also in the final round at the sydney interview, still waiting aswell.... but during my interview they said it would take up to 2 weeks to get back to me, so i'm not hugely fussed, wanted to see if anyone else had heard from them tho.
I just wanted to know if u gave in you cv and all attachments on the day of the interview as well as on the cabin crew site? cause if you did I might give them a call to check that mine are all still being processed:rolleyes:
Best of luck and let me know when you find out,
jay

Nickvan
3rd Apr 2007, 23:41
Hi Jay,

Were you at the Assessment day on the 22nd? Because I dont remember you in the Fridays session. There were only 4 of us guys in the last 10.

A330Habib..thanks for the re-assurance :bored: Ill definately call them back in a few days to see how everything is progressing.

Jay you should just ring on the safe side..I have heard of the Ehire website being abit dodgey, even though I uploaded everything onto my online application.

Cheers.

pbaby
4th Apr 2007, 03:53
Does anyone have been invited EY assesment day on 18~19 April in Manlia?

jay131
4th Apr 2007, 04:13
Hey,
Yeah I was at the assessment day on fri the 23rd of march in syd at the mecure, i'm not quite sure what you were trying to say-prob just didn't read your message correctly- if so sorry! but i'm guessing you were saying that there were only (a certain number of) guys who made it to the final interview, well i'm a girl....but yeah i was in the final round.
I'm sorry i don't remember you either, what did you do your preso on?
I hope its all working out and your application is getting processed speedily!
Thanks for the warning will definately have to check up on that!

Nickvan
4th Apr 2007, 04:48
Hey Jay131,

Goodnews....Etihad called to confirm they have received my CV and all that. I now have to wait for a week for the security check to be processed. Then wait for the email to proceed through with the medical! :D She made it sound like I got..:cool:

I was the one who presented my favourite Vacation ever..Remember I went to Dubai/Europe etc etc...was one of the last ones to stand up and talk.

I sat in the front table when we were filling out our Visa forms and that...Who did the Final interview first.. What about you?

jay131
4th Apr 2007, 09:21
Thats fantastic news and sounds very promising....:}
Yeah I remember you, in mine I descibed my dream house in byron on a macadamia nut plantation, i was kinda in the middle of the group and was one of the last interviewed. Do you know if anyone else from our assessment group had been contacted?

Nickvan
4th Apr 2007, 10:16
Jay131

Spoke to 2 of the blokes from our final assessment and no one has heard back yet......

My email [email protected] drop me a line :}

Rensal
5th Apr 2007, 08:35
Guys, how's d interview procedures like in Aus?

My recruitors on that day for Singapore are Loraine (CC manager) & Clarisa.

But I didn;t make it past the 1st round (2 to 1 interview & English Test). This is my 5th time trying.

Still no luck!! I have tried my best & improved on myself..

Can anyone help??

oxgyn
5th Apr 2007, 09:13
hey Tanya i made it to the final as well but cant remember u what was u wearing?? i was in a creamy suit,,, let me know if u hear anything ok

Chao chao

ozziecrew
6th Apr 2007, 04:53
hey all

just attended the perth assessment day and made it through to the final stage. there was only about 40 odd that came that day and 15 mad ethe final interview. was a long day but hopefully worth it i the long run.

hope to hear good news soon!!!

TanyaD
6th Apr 2007, 05:21
Hey oxygn, I remember you. I was the one with a greyish suit on with stitching features around the edges. I had maroon bag and shoes. I was the second one to go in for the final interview with Kim and Mary-Rose.

We'll keep each other updated when we hear something.

Congrats on getting through too.

TanyaD
6th Apr 2007, 05:44
Hi everyone,

This is a question for current EY Cabin Crew. Just wondering how the pay increase has worked out and what would be the average pay for a month of work??

Also, do EY give you a ticket home each year and also cheaper tickets for family members like EK or no?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Take care
Tanya ;)

oxgyn
6th Apr 2007, 13:27
Hey Tanya hows it going?? have we spoken during the day?? i heard Ey cabin crew just got a pay rise last month which is good to hear,,,i think its around 1700 US a month but that not including flying hours dont know exactly how much they pay an hour.

And regarding getting tickets allowance for the family am sure they got that 2 but i think the probationary period and its three month only not like EK six month

TanyaD
8th Apr 2007, 08:54
Hey oxygn, thanks for the reply. No I don't think we spoke on the day, I think we just smiled at each other a couple of times. When we were filling out our papers before our final interview I was at the desk with a few of the guys. Anyway, it doesn't matter if we met that day, hopefully we will get to meet in AUH at the start of our training !!!!!

Only one more week to go, have you heard anything??? This wait it driving me mad!!!!

Keep us updated.

Take care
Tanya;)

atmosphere
8th Apr 2007, 11:52
anyone operating it, its suuuuuch a long ways. let me know. because I will be bored.

oxgyn
8th Apr 2007, 12:44
Hi Tanya im still waiting as well this week will go very slow:ugh:,,,hope its worth it on the end,, will keep u posted either way and hope to meet you in the emirates.

Take it easy

Nickvan
8th Apr 2007, 12:47
Hey all...

Atmoshphere..are you CC already for EY? Anyone know where do the crew stay in Sydney?

I think the Male CC uniform on EY is awesome....no collars..no tie..looks stylish.. so do the females uniform..more professional colour then EK.

oxgyn
8th Apr 2007, 13:05
Hey Nick congratulation mate on making it through the final interview,,, i just had my final interview here in melb and i got 1 more week untill i hear from them,,, got a question for you did every1 from the final interview made through and got an offer letter?? and did they send you an email or they contacted you via phone??

Keep in contact

Cheers

EYtruth
8th Apr 2007, 14:50
We got salary slips, with the increase, and they look nice :)
If u r lucky with the roster u can expect 9000-10000 AED, allowances included.
But, (there is always one "but"), if your roster is crapy, your salary will be bad :{

There is an obvious problem in roster scheduling in EY, as it seems Crew Controlling doesn't know their job. Some people get only turnarounds, some get only layovers, some get mix (mix is fair). So, I guess, u can only hope u'll be lucky with your roster, and when u call them to clarify some things, they r sooooo rude, that u want to come there and slap someone :} Sometimes they give u flight with less than 8hrs of rest, and their explanation is "we're sorry, but we don't have enough crew". S:mad: , but let me call GCAA, and than u'll see how u will find extra crew :}

So, next thing that needs to be cleaned in EY is OCC !!!

Happy flying! :ok:

wannabeingoal
8th Apr 2007, 18:15
I'm flying to AUH for an interview as Cabin Manager. Can anyone give me a heads up as to what this interview entails?
Also several posts regarding CM salary but do EY give an allowance if you get your own accommodation as EK do?
Any help greatly appreciated.

flyingazorian
8th Apr 2007, 23:19
hello

sorry to bother u with this, but i'm thinking of applying to EY as cc & have a couple of questions for u: 1) do u get crew rest brks on yr flights? what's the formula? in my airline if the flght time is over 8 hours we are entitled to a rest brk..2) once u reach a certain age (say 45 yrs old) are you "invited" to leave?
thnx in advance for your answer..
safe flying

Nickvan
9th Apr 2007, 01:16
Hey Oxgyn..

Offer letter for Employment is only dispatched once the security checks are clear. Then the medical checks have to be clear as well. Before they draft out a letter of employment. Thats the last thing to be done.

I should be expecting an email to be proceed with medical if all goes well :}

Melbourne
9th Apr 2007, 09:30
Did anyone that got to the "very" last stage of Etihad interview can share some information on the questions asked by the recruitment staff.

EYtruth
9th Apr 2007, 11:23
Flyingazorian,

Yes, u do get breaks on your flights here in EY, if the flight time is over 8hrs. But, sometimes, depending on a Cabin Manager u might get break on shorter flights as well.

As for the age thing, so far I haven't heard anything like that. I know that exists in Qatar Airways, where they even don't offer u a ground job, they just "ask" u to leave. :ugh:

Melbourne
9th Apr 2007, 11:59
Do you work for Etihad as Cabin Crew? Can you answer my question?

flyingazorian
9th Apr 2007, 17:52
Dear EYtruth

thank you so much for your answer..now, I feel even more tempted to apply for a job as cc with EY!
For those of you living in Abu Dhabi: did you find it difficult adapting to the lifestyle in Abu Dhabi? Is it easy to make friends, or do you feel quite lonely sometimes? Is the cost of living quite high, or is it pretty affordable? Sorry to be asking all these questions, but for a european it's a "huge" change to relocate to the UAE..:)
safe flying
x

EYtruth
9th Apr 2007, 19:26
Melbourne,

Yes, I do work for EY. As for the questions, u better ask some of the people who wrote here and were recently on assesment, as my process was totaly different and long time ago.

Flyingazorian,

Middle East is totally different from Europe or Oz, but no major problems in adapting to the lifestyle here. AUH is cheaper than DXB in terms of taxi, but other costs r pretty much the same. Your salary is tax free, and most important accomodation is provided (rents r quite high for a decent flat), so, if u r well organized u can save money :)

wannabeingoal
9th Apr 2007, 19:47
Hi EYtruth
Thanks for all your posts on this thread.
I did five years in DXB many moons ago and loved the UAE, so much so I'm hoping to return this year with EY.
Can you advise if an allowance is provided if you want to live in your own accommodation?
Thanks in advance,
W.

flyingazorian
9th Apr 2007, 20:16
Dear EYtruth

thnx a million for answering all my questions; the info you've given, not just to myself, but to everybody else in this Forum, is most valuable & highly appreciated...can I be really cheeky & ask u one more question? Does EY pay for your medical insurance? If you are rushed into hospital (I've just knocked on wood 3 times!!) do you pay "out of pocket" or are you covered?
safe flying:) x

Nickvan
10th Apr 2007, 00:28
Spoke to a few of the EK staff here in Sydney. They informed me that EY was identically copying EK's business plan when it was 3 years old, following the same format/formulas, paperwork etc etc.

Would make sense, look how fast EY is growing. They even seen my medical form from EY and said they also copied EK medical. LOL :rolleyes:

Come to think of it EY who is only 3 years old and flies to 40 International destinations by the end of year. Compared to Qantas and its subsidary Airline Jetstar who are 85 years old and only flying to combined of 23 Intl Destinations with their own metal.

webwebbingloop
10th Apr 2007, 06:41
If I may, I was wanting to know what is the process for Cabin Manager assessment centre, interview questions etc????

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

TanyaD
10th Apr 2007, 07:25
Hey Melbourne,

I attended the interview process recently in Melbourne and made it through the entire day.

The questions they ask common sense questions and everybody seemed to get asked different questions. In general they have a hypothetic question on how you would deal with a situation if you were cabin crew. Also a question on how you have dealt with a difficult / challenging situation in your current role.

That's about it really. If you answer honestly then you will always be fine. The questions are not hard nor are they a trick, they just want to see how you would / have reacted to different situations.

Hope this helps you.

Take care
Tanya ;)

CanuckUAEbound
10th Apr 2007, 07:46
Hiya all!

Just saw on the Etihad careers website that they will be conducting interviews in Vancouver on April 15th and 16th. The interviews are by invitation only- You have to apply on-line and if you meet their criteria they will I guess send you an email? or call? inviting you to the interviews. I have already applies on-line myself and was wondering if anyone else has, and if so- have they got invited to the interviews yet? Very curious!! Ciao!

webwebbingloop
10th Apr 2007, 10:24
Attn:EYTRUTH, or any other EY CC,

I was wondering what level of hotels EY crew stay at??? are they 3,4 or 5 star??? Any of the major chains, like Hilton, Hyatt etc...

I believe Emirates crew stay in 4 to 5 star hotels...

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Nickvan
10th Apr 2007, 12:28
Hey all..

Well received an email to confirm I have been security cleared and Approval by management! :D :D :D

Now must do the medical and forward docs back to AUH. Before they can send through a contract and departure date. :ok:

Goodluck to everyone!

ps. webwebbingloop, Emirates here in Sydney stay at the Hilton (EK412/EK413 Crew )& Sofitel Wentworth (EK418/EK419 Crew)..both 5 star.

cranium
10th Apr 2007, 12:28
Hi guys, ive just been reading through the posts, very interesting stuff.
On the 16th of April i have been invited to an assessment day for the position of Cabin Manager.
I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the kind of day i can expect?
Has anyone recently had an assessment day for Cabin Manager?
Any information about the day would be of great help.
O is anyone joining me on the 16th?
Best of luck to everyone with a forthcoming interview and congratulations to all who have had success with their interview.

Melbourne
10th Apr 2007, 12:38
Thank you for your answer, much appreciated.

Nickvan
10th Apr 2007, 12:44
Cranium,

One of the blokes who were at our Sydney Assessment on the 23rd who specifically wanted Cabin Manager as he was already one for one of the Airlines in Sydney..Did not make the first cut for the obvious reason.

BUT.....He has been invited and flown by Etihad to AUH this Saturday for an Assessment day for Cabin Managers. Are you being flown to AUH as well?

cranium
10th Apr 2007, 12:54
Hi Nickvan,

Yeah i am being flown out on Sunday the 15th for interview on the 16th.
Just not sure what to expect as have not seen any posts by Cabin Managers on here.
Well ive done all the usual backround work on EY so am pretty much prepared.
But would still be nice to know what to expect from the day.

Fingers Crossed:)

cranium
10th Apr 2007, 12:58
O congrats Nickvan.

Hope you enjoy EY, and i hope im gonna be joining you out there!
O how detailed is the medical? If its anything like QR i know im in for a treat! Is it dental also?

Nickvan
10th Apr 2007, 13:06
Thanks Cranium!

Yeah its 4 pages. It also has a dental section/Chest Xray, etc etc.

They check every nooks and crannies of your beloved body :ouch:

cranium
10th Apr 2007, 13:20
Thought so!
I worked for QR a few years back and they were the same!
Got poked and proded till my eyes watered! lol
Well good luck with everything, ill let u know how it all goes on monday!

Chat Soon

wannabeingoal
10th Apr 2007, 13:37
Hi Cranium
Are you flying out of LHR or MAN?
Have you heard anything about what to expect? I'm still waiting for EY to email me my itinery. Did you get yours yet?
Thanks.

cranium
10th Apr 2007, 15:30
Hi wannabeingoal,

Im departing from Manchester at 10.00 on Sunday Morning. Still not got any further information from them yet.
Where are you flying from?
Yeah im curious as to whats gonna happen on the day!
If i find out anything else i will let you know.
Is your interview on monday also?

If so ill see you there.

wannabeingoal
10th Apr 2007, 16:28
Hi again C
I'm on the same flight as you. Was meant to be ex LHR but flights full.
I'm going on a trip now and not back 'til Friday so hopefully something'll have come thru by then. See you Sunday!

futureflier
11th Apr 2007, 00:12
Hi guys!
on an unrelated topic, I read in a post from the Middle East forum that said EY is now looking for sky chefs and sky nannies (something else JH is bringing over).. is that true???
There's no mention about it in the careers website.
Thanks!:}

sec 3
11th Apr 2007, 03:03
Good job for all the new male cc at EY:E

Rensal
11th Apr 2007, 11:30
Guys, is Etihad very particular about the 6-months period?

I failed the 1st round (English Test & Grooming) of Etihad interview last month in Singapore.

The Etihad people are coming again to recruit again in May. But the screening round (before meeting the Etihad people) is done by a recruitment agency.

I am just wondering if I could apply again even though it's less than 6 months.

Btw, during the 1st round, did the recruitors still ask you guys to pick something (flowers, water bottle, lipstick, sweets) & explain your reason for picking up the item?

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

warmheart623
11th Apr 2007, 12:57
I was invited for the assessment day of EY in mnl. What to expect thru out the day? Interviews, exercises? any tips how to make it thru the day? Are they strict in physical aspects, such as scars, braces, dentures, etc.

hope to get some replies... :)

manda07
12th Apr 2007, 01:06
hey everyone:)
i just got told the other day that i got into etihad for cabin crew. Just wondering if anyone else is going to be going over in the next month or so?

tina_24
12th Apr 2007, 08:25
warmheart623

Hi, just wondering.. how did u get the invitation? Was it via e-mail or thru phone? When did you apply? Ive applied last year, October and keep on updating my form yet haven't received any invitation from them. in their career site, it cited that the assessment will be on the 18th- 19th of this month. However, I called EY hr just an hour ago and was told that it will be move on the 21st and 22nd instead. Is it right? Anyways, just read previous post reply.. ull get a lot from it =) Good Luck !!!!:)

TINA

AHRS
12th Apr 2007, 09:17
Hey...sounds like you got he right spirit to make it on the roaster(its too hot to call it roster) of EY CHICK STEW(erdesses)!

I wish ya ots of luck.

From a Jet Jock
aBU dIB dABZ
UAE

EYtruth
12th Apr 2007, 09:37
Wannabeingoal,
yes, u r provided with accomodation allowance if u decide to live alone. But, this money is not enough, as the rents for a nice flat here in AUH r quite high. Than, u will be responsible for your own transport, unless u find a flat near EY crew building, bills and so on. So, for the moment it's smarter to live in companys accomodation (if u find an ok roomie)

Flyingazorian,
we have insurance here that covers possible accidents in AUH and each destination we fly to. As for the doctors in AUH if they have contract with insurance company, u don't pay "out of the pocket". If they don't have one, than u pay out of the pocket, take receit and submit the bill to insurance company and they refund the money to u (this is a lengthy process :-( )

As for the hotels, we stay in 4 and 5 star hotels: Sheraton, Radisson, Hilton, etc

Samara
12th Apr 2007, 10:44
Hi Nickvan

Many congratulations on your achievement and good for you, job well done and we look forward to hearing how it all goes with the training etc, keep us posted.

The guy who didn't get passed the first stage at your interview on 23rd March and who is going to AUH on Saturday for an interview for Cabin Manger, are you in touch with him? Do you have a contact number/e-mail address for him?

I would very much like to get in touch with him, would you be kind enough to pm me and let me know his details if possible?

Many thanks and once again, many congratulations, we're all so very thrilled and excited for you.

Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Nickvan
12th Apr 2007, 12:13
Samara :} :) :} :) !!

Thanks for your kind words..hehehehe

Ive just PM'd you.....I know who you are referring to.

Speak then
N