PDA

View Full Version : Etihad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

EYtruth
15th Jul 2007, 16:04
NNicloleF,

Seizment of passports in UAE is very common thing for many companies, and in general that is illegal. But, looks like noone cares here in Middle East.
As for the crew, no need to worry, as they can't take the passport away from you. That is travel document and according to GCAA you MUST have passport whith you whenever you are flying.
So, relax .... :)

EYtruth
15th Jul 2007, 16:06
Ozziegirl,
Sands Hotel is temporary accomodation. I've heard it's ok.

Amelia84
15th Jul 2007, 22:25
Thanks for the reply re clothes for training.

I have heard that some people do evening training and some train at day. I this true?

Also, do you train 5 days per week? Do you get time off?

crabbiefatty
16th Jul 2007, 00:58
Hi pinkus!

How are you?

Do you have idea on how much will the training allowance be?

Thank you.

jess.s
16th Jul 2007, 03:15
Assessment day

Hi all!

I recently applied online and in about 10 minutes later was sent an email inviting me to attend an assessment day in Brisbane (this Friday) ! That was really fast!

So my questions are….

On average how many people attend an “assessment day” compared to an open day?
( I attended an Emirates open day last month and there were approx 200 – this was my first interview and it was pretty daunting! ):eek:

Also can anyone tell me if I should present my CV in a folder or if they will only want the paper? (Emirates only wanted paper!)

Thanks!!!

xo

elisa4
16th Jul 2007, 06:03
they told me they invite a maximum of 80 pax to an assessment day.
Concerning CV: i don t really know, since I haven t attended an interview yet, but I suppose they like it not too complicated.
seen the number of CVs they have to go through, it must be easier for them to only having paper instead of folders...

pinkus
16th Jul 2007, 14:14
Hey not sure on the allowance. Mine was 1000 AED / fortnight, but that was over 2 years ago.You really won't spend money during the week because you are training but if you want to eat out / have a few drinks on the weekend then I would make sure I had some cash. Take advantage of the generous 4 bottle allowance from duty free when you come in to the country so you can have a few drinks at home before you go out so you won't spend so much.

Also keep in mind your daily flying pay and allowances are paid a month in arrears so your first pay will be just your base.

They do train a morning and an afternoon batch from what I hear. Not sure if that is for the whole training or just a couple of weeks of it.

uk20
16th Jul 2007, 20:50
Hiya ppl,

I have applied for the Cabin Crew position at Etihad Airways.

I have come over a lot of negative comments about this airline which has concerned me a bit.

Anyway I guess now if I'm lucky to get an interview I will have to wait for them to come over here again.

My questions are:-

1) Roughly how long does it take from application to job offer?
2) Is the salary as stated - 3020Dhs with the layover pay and duty pay?
3) The housing in AUH is it ok?
4) NO mention but do they cover hotel/meal costs overseas on duty?

I have just arrived back in the UK from another holiday in the UAE and have had enough of having to come back here.

I would like to know if working for Etihad Airways is good enough to warrant a move to the UAE? I mean will the benefits and salary suffice to live?

I better learn to swim better to eh? :eek:

Thank you in advance for the help...

jess.s
16th Jul 2007, 22:56
Has anybody been invited to the brisbane assessment day this friday???:)

Looking forward to seing you there!

jess xo

crabbiefatty
17th Jul 2007, 00:55
Thanks for your reply pinkus

Take care

crabbiefatty
17th Jul 2007, 01:04
Hi to new cc trainees. CAn anyone share how much will the training allowance be and the terms?

Thank you.

tiluchi10
17th Jul 2007, 01:59
Hello everybody, i am male, i am from Bolivia, i am 30 years old. i speak english, portugues and obviously spanish that is may native language, i am planning to apply to Etihad Airways on line, i have no aviation experience, but i have five stars hotel experience as recepcionist cashier, do you think that i have any chance to get it, and if i apply on line, how do they contact to me?? it is better to be contacted by phone or e-mail, what do you suggest me please, and in case that they acepted me, how do i do to atend an open day? because there is not open day in South America, do i have to travel to any city by myself spending my own money or they pay my ticket, somebody please to tell me how they do in this case. i thank all of you, thanks.

tiluchi10
17th Jul 2007, 02:05
can anybody tell me what does Etihad do when somebody apply from a city whre they do not have open day, in my case i am from Bolivia in South America, do i have any chance, please somebody tell me what they do in this case

jess.s
17th Jul 2007, 03:43
HI!

I believe that unless you are applying for a cabin manager position all cost involved for the interviews are at your own expense. I too do not have any airline experience, however I do have hospitality and 5 star hotel experience – and I have received an invitation to an assessment day – so you’d be crazy not to try!

Goodluck! I hope you do really well!

philippe747
17th Jul 2007, 10:06
Tiluchi10

Hi there.... ican give you some advice because I was in the same situation.
I live in Belgium and they don't schedule interviews in Belgium.
So, I applied online a few weeks ago...a tip, you have to be patient...
So, what you have to do, you go on the etihad website, and you check where they schedule open days or assessments day. I would suggest that you go to an assessment day, you will get an invitation;
After you apply online online, check your status application, if you don't hear from them after a few weeks, call them to check your status application. You will have to travel to another country to attend your interview. You will have to pay your flight ticket, hotel, etc...like Jess said, only CM applicants get the travel expenses paid.
I think that your hotel experience should be ok...
hope it helps you a bit..you can PM me if you need more advice.
good luck
philippe

chilli13
17th Jul 2007, 16:13
Hi all

I,m joining training on 22nd of July

Just want to know if anyone else who is also joining then has their flight details yet??

Iv not received anything and think im due to go either friday or saturday!

Im from Glasgow so i will be leaving from manchester or heathrow?..

:rolleyes:

flyingbuffalo
17th Jul 2007, 16:53
I'm interested in Etihad Airways.
I actually applied to the airline for abt 2months ago, but never replied back.
On the application, it requires to fill out the job experience; however, i just graduated and i had no full-time experience. In that case, what am i supposed to provide in the form?
I just leave it blank.
Does anyone know about the solution, or advice?
I'd really appreciate if you give me the answer!thx:)

philippe747
17th Jul 2007, 19:56
Hi there...

anybody getting invited in gothenburg for the assessment day??

I have a question though...

On my invitation, it is written it is on the 29th, but on the website t is written ...gothenburg on the 27th,

on the 29th it is in iceland ??

So, in sweden , is it on the 27th or on the 29 th ??????????

thanks for reply asap, that i have to book my flight, hotel, etc...

gillinn
17th Jul 2007, 21:52
Phillippe im guessing it is on the 29th because i was invited on the 27th here in iceland

philippe747
17th Jul 2007, 23:44
thanks gillin for your reply.....apparently that is a mistake on the website....
so, you noticed also that your day was on the 29th on the website but on your invitation, it was on the 27th.;......strange.....so, i hoep we should be good....do you know how we could find out just to be 100% sure....
you can PM me.. thanks gillin
philippe

mzdurga
18th Jul 2007, 04:49
Hi Chilli,

I am also scheduled to start training on the 22nd as well. However when I spoke to Ryan yesterday he mentioned that if my visa is ready by Thursday, he will arrange for me to fly out over the weekend. Else, it will be the following week.:(

Have you called him to check on your status yet?

weeflygirl
18th Jul 2007, 05:31
Hey Chilli

The flew me from LHR but insist on going Glasgow to Dubai dont do what I done Ryan apologised when I arrived saying it shouldnt have happened!

I cant wait for you to comeout there is a distinct lack of scots here!

globalflyguy
19th Jul 2007, 05:31
I just heard that Etihad is having an open day for experienced cabin crew in Bahrain this coming Monday the 23rd. I tried to get to the open days they had in May but wasn't able to make it. I heard they are going to be at the Movenpick in Bahrain beginning around 0830 or 0900. Has anybody else heard anything? Did anybody else go to the days in May? Should I show up in uniform?

irkedyarn
19th Jul 2007, 08:31
Hello all,

I'm a 23 year old male here in Manila, Philippines aspiring to be a cabin crew member for Etihad. I was wondering how strict Etihad is when it comes to teeth; I have complete and healthy teeth however the four front teeth in the bottom row are misaligned. Would this disqualify me for assesment or lessen my chances of being accepted? Thanks! :)

epstein22
19th Jul 2007, 12:06
Hi chilli, I too was given the date of the 22nd for leaving too, but ive not heard anything. I know that Friday/saturday are the weekend in UAE, so worried now as it is Thurs nite and i stil havent heard anything. Im supposed to go on Sunday!!

Amelia84
20th Jul 2007, 05:44
Hey Chilli,
I am scheduled to be in the 29 July training group also...finally I found someone who is in my group!
I have not had any confirmation though either.
Fingers crossed we will all find out soon!!

anzkosh
20th Jul 2007, 07:47
i've sent a cv via email to etihad.really hope i can b part of u guys!!

but..

when r they going to send me a reply..cant wait..:ugh:

crabbiefatty
20th Jul 2007, 13:55
Hi Dear...

same plight as for evry nationality...sigh...really disorganized

the simpiest thing wer asking is the advise of whether or not to go or no go...sigh again...still we're hoping

oh4show
21st Jul 2007, 04:01
Can anyone tell me if Etihad get you to do a maths exam at the interview?? I've read somewhere you do, Damn this is a job i'd really love to do but I am absolutely hopeless at maths!!!!
Could anyone tell me how difficult it is??

chilli13
21st Jul 2007, 09:06
Epstein 22 - I e-mailed ryan then phoned on thursday to find out about my dates. He said they were expecting the visas but they hadn,t arrived so it would be 29th for sure.. i assume that they are very busy in HR and they can only estimate when they will receive our visas.. I,m ok with joining 29th it means i can see more people before i go!. Have you spoke to anyone yet?..

I,m looking forward to joining and meeting everyone!!!!:O

Weeflygirl from glasgow has been over for one month and she says its great. She has 3 weeks left till graduation.. If you have blonde hair take blonde doughnuts and blonde hair grips with you because you can,t get them anywhere over there and also lots of tan or natural tights..

helene
21st Jul 2007, 11:38
Is Etihad Airways as good as Emirates ?! Do they offer similar packages ? Do they have (like Emirates babes) areas specially dedicated to expats with beautiful flats and/or villas ? Is the grass greener ? cheers !:}

ITO
22nd Jul 2007, 09:59
I think that, beeing with QR,EY,or EK ? the salary, accomodation ( nice one ) and the rest of the benefits are raghly the same. However, befor thinking to that, you’ll have to aske your self if you are really ready to be a cabin crew, because all what I can tell you is that it’s a very hard job, and at the end of they day, you’ll be so tired that you’ll not care about the greenery of the grasse ( wich is a fake one lol ) but just about a peace of something where you can sleep !
And talking about Expat, you’ll never find locals working as cabin crew. They are too rich for that !

sundaybrunch
22nd Jul 2007, 13:56
Hi everyone! I just went to the screening interview for etihad. had trouble with the reach test which really puzzled me. i'm a crew, standing at 162cm. i don't get it why i would have difficulty reaching for the 214cm. i went for emirates interview few years back and had no difficulty with it. anyway i suppose i got thru the first round and would be attending the assessment day soon. just wondering if the etihad team are very particular with the reach test? if so, i probably shouldnt be wasting my time and swopping flights just so that i can attend the assessment day right?

EYtruth
22nd Jul 2007, 19:09
Working as cabin crew in Middle east is totally different than in Europe. here, you are just a cheap labour force, and you don't have any unions that might protect your rights.

Yes, there r locals working as crew! But, when u ask them why, they really have weird explanations ( "i want to meet the girls from all over the world", "i want to travel", "i want to have parties" and so on) Like they can't do all these things with all the money they usually have and get benefits from the government.

weeflygirl
23rd Jul 2007, 05:57
Sundaybrunch the girl at our assesment day who couldnt reach got asked to leave so I wouldnt worry!

I was wondering where you were chilli ! So its next week, let me know your apartments name etc when you arrive enjoy your last week in Glasgow!

Guys got my first flights.... Riyadh, bangkok, damman, lahore, sydney, geneva and bahrain!!!!:ok:

epstein22
23rd Jul 2007, 11:34
Hi guys, a few quick questions. Does anyone know how long after Medicals approval, does it take to clear your visa? And what hotel chain does Etihad work with overseas?? I know that Qantas NZ has agreements with the Hilton Hotels. Cheers. Best of luck to all going over...

david2580
24th Jul 2007, 05:39
Hi everyone! I have a question about the medical or the pre-medical test Ethihad Airways conducts in Abu Dhabi before they unconditionally hire you. It's about the abusive drugs testing. Do they take a sample of your hair in order to do the test? If anyone who has done this can reply ASAP it'd be great. Thanks.

pinkus
24th Jul 2007, 11:44
Ha Ha Someone has been a naughty boy. Don't worry about hair testing its only blood and urine. Follicle testing is VERY costly. I think Lufthansa is the only airline I have heard of that does it and even then only for flight crew.

ozziegirl
24th Jul 2007, 12:08
Hi guys, just an update of the UAE, Abu Dhabi, it is very hot, All the people are friendly!

It is soooooo hot here!!! not exaggerating!!!!
Taxis are cheap!
Training is hard, but if you study hard you will be fine....
Congrats to the people that have got in!!!!
Hope to see you hear soon.....
Well im off, got to study
Rgds,

hookye
24th Jul 2007, 14:47
Hi all!
I Am french, I went to the assessment day in london on the 19th of march 2007 and I went through! Then I did all the medical tests asked by the company. I sent all the documents they asked me and I sent it each time they asked me (3 times for the passport and 2 times for the medical results). Now, it's been 4 weeks and I didn't get any news. Nobody answers the phone when I am calling, I am even thinking that ryan flew away! Nobody answers to my mails.

So I would like to know, to everyone who were in the same situation as me, how long do I have to wait?? It's been a month now and I have no information and no contact..Did Ryan change his number?? Does anybody has a good tip to jion the HR office or to get any clue about your file??

Is there anybody here that went on the assessment day of the 19th march 2007 in london Gatwick or the 2th of May 2007 in london heathrow?
Maybe we could share some information because I know other people from these sessions in the same situation.
Thank you for answering me or PM me. Good luck for all of you.

evogear
24th Jul 2007, 16:40
Hey guys,
Im come from Indonesia, and i've already submitted online application for CC, but there is no reply up till today..

Anyone know any Indonesian works as CC in Etihad and how can i exactly get in to this company?

E

chilli13
25th Jul 2007, 06:38
Hi.. Im leaving on Saturday to start training on Sunday..
Ryan said he will send my flight details today i will be flying from manchester..
Is anyone else also joining this weekend?.. :O

flight04
25th Jul 2007, 14:10
Hi Everyone, how you doing?
I'm excited to say this is my first post on pprune. :) I've just spent a few hours reading what everybody has writting on the etihad thread. Very interesting reading.
I started flying when i was 18 and love every sec of it. It's now been just over 3 years & i think i'm ready to make the big move over to the middle east.
I attended the cc assessment day in brisbane australia on the 19th of july. To my supprise i was one of 6 people who passed all 3 stages.
I'm now waiting to get the go ahead for my medical. I'm in no rush to leave oz. Have good friend whom i flew with who is leaving for EY on the 29th july. Cant wait to get the scoop from her.:p
Just wondering in the meantime if anybody who fly's for EY atm wouldn't mind showing us an old roster?? :ok: Just to give me an idear of layover times ect.
Thanks so much guys. xo

trolleytrollop
25th Jul 2007, 14:20
Hi Guys,

Ive been training for 3 weeks now. I live in a building where all my friends are billeted. Training is tough but fun, abu dhabi is ok, the comapny is not perfect but very promising. Over all I must say-IT'S OK. I sense change in the air, I just hope it happens. Its not bad at all.

tt

Kash
25th Jul 2007, 17:28
Hi everybody,
Anyone can tell me how is the accomodation for EY crew? I heard there is no gym and pool in some of the buidings.Please share any info .Thanks guys.Regards

AUH75
25th Jul 2007, 18:04
Hello,

There is a pool only in one blg, but if it s very important to you u should apply for EK or GF. All the best in ur search.

oneworldairline
25th Jul 2007, 18:29
Its worth the wait guys. If you think your busy then your right. They are so busy that its just not funni and fustrating for us over here. Because the company is under such growth they cant catch up and the HR department have so much organising to do that its imposible to get you guys over. The wait is worth every minute and if u want to work for an airline where u can grow and stay for a year and see a hugh change then etihad can show u that.

With apartment if that is your main concern then dont go cause things are growing and again there aint enough places for ppl here cause there are so many ppl comin in and no spaces for them to live only temps atm. So be grateful in wat you are gettin ...

With medicals its alot of work because the medical gets sent to the etihad medical center which is busy with crew medicals and new crew joining where they are gettin tested for the medicals and then they have to follow up with medicals with the current crew too. So just wait and hold in there.

Ryan is busy and at first i was like you guys wanting him to answer but when u come over here u will see that koko and ryan are full out busy and its not supriset hat u cannot get in contact with them and its the embassy fault cause they cant issue with you a workin visa fast enough. Its cost them too much to get ppl come over and then the visa is a prob.

Um... WAt else can i add. With regards to tickets yeah its full flights every where and ppl are wanting to fly with etihad so tickets are hard to get and its just hard to get flights for u guys to come over hence the delay of issuing tickets. I was pushed back a week later but now im here and again its worth the wait.

IM HOME SICK BUT yes im holdin it here and wanting to stay for more... ITs a weird feeling

All the best and hope to c u here guys

EYIceland
25th Jul 2007, 19:43
Alright.

The interview is coming up now..

What do I need to know?! Im getting really nervous now! hehe

Please, if you have any suggestions or tips.. Feel free to share :)

Thank you! And good look to everyone!

epstein22
25th Jul 2007, 23:57
Hi guys, got my departure date. Im leaving Melbourne on Saturday and will start training on Sunday 29th. Yay! Looking forward to it. See you guys over there.:ok:

Amelia84
26th Jul 2007, 01:39
Hey Epstein,
Im from Sydney and flying out on Saturday for training on Sunday
So glad there is someone else from Oz. How exciting!
Do you have flight details yet?

Amelia84
26th Jul 2007, 01:43
Chilli - Good to hear your starting on Sunday also. See you in a couple of days :O

Does anyone know what kind of clothes everyone wears to training. I know its really hot there but im assuming the training rooms will be air-conditioned. Do we need to be in pants or skirsts, shirts?? Any advice would be great

shanghaibaby
26th Jul 2007, 04:50
..flying to AUH for the training on the 29th. hi amelia81! hi chilli! be joining you guys on the same date. this is just a quick post; have you got any news on where this batch would stay ie, hotel accomodation and stuff. I'm feeling the excitement and I'll see you guys soon! =)

epstein22
26th Jul 2007, 05:16
Hi mate, still no flight details, but they are coming sometime today. Guess you can never know when, seeing as the UAE is like 7 hrs behind ;)

When did you interview? I interviewed in Sydney too. Maybe we were there on the same day??

Amelia84
26th Jul 2007, 06:35
Hey I think it was May 12.or maybe it was April haha...bad memory.

My name is Carlee.

elisa4
26th Jul 2007, 10:41
hello,
is there anybody here who attended the interview in abu dhabi? Is it in any way different from interviews in other countries?

bozzy
26th Jul 2007, 12:05
how long do you have to wait until you can re-apply for cabin crew?
i dont think it says on their website

flight04
26th Jul 2007, 12:45
I think you have to wait 6 months from the day of your interview before you can reapply. I'm so keen to get my medical done & get abu dhabi.
Guys i know you'll be studying hard but please dont forget us.. Keep us updated on your travel's! :ok::ok::ok:

hookye
26th Jul 2007, 13:29
Hi all!
At last i caught ryan on the phone and I get a joining date for the 5th of August. I'm still waiting to receive documents by mail and of course ..the ticket. So we'll see because I've that even though some people received a joining date they had to wait because there were some delay... I hope I'll be ther soon.
Anyway, nobody is from london sessions??

cranium
26th Jul 2007, 13:54
Hi Shanghaibaby, Chilli13, Epstein, Amelia84!

My partner and i are also starting on the 29th, we got pushed back a week, which was kind of better for us with so much to do and people to see.
Still not received any contract or travel details yet, getting a little worried.
I know how busy they are and dont wanna bother them again with another call.
Well we are looking forward to meeting you all.
Really excited and nervous!
Cant wait.

chilli13
26th Jul 2007, 16:40
Hi Girls

I just received my flight details..
Im flying from LHR to AUH on saturday will arrive 11.15pm and due to start training 7am following morning. OMG i will not sleep a wink.
Im staying at the sands hotel.

Im in Group A for induction. Amelia i noticed you are in my group.:O which is great.

It seems there will be quite a few people starting this weekend.
It says to wear business dress for induction week and the training will get split in to am and pm groups in the 2nd week.

OMG see you all over there x

fly_guy100
26th Jul 2007, 16:47
Is there currently an embargo for EY crew switching to EK, just like they have one with QR? If not, are they planning to do that b/c I've heard that masses of EY crew are switching over to EK.

bozzy
26th Jul 2007, 21:20
guys is it true that they are not recruiting any more male crew, because they have got too many? cheers for any info

Amelia84
27th Jul 2007, 00:56
Hey guys I have just received my flight details also. I fly out of Sydney at 2.45pm. I think we will all be very tired together on Sunday haha. Should be interesting!
Seems there are quite a few Aussies in our group..
I am also in the Sands Hotel. Hope its alright accomodation.
See you there kids!!

epstein22
27th Jul 2007, 02:23
Hey Amelia, Im on the same flight as you from Sydney. Exciting! Im Marc. Do you think the people on the list will be the ones we are sharing an apartment with??

Nickvan
27th Jul 2007, 06:39
Fly_Guy100,

I wouldnt believe everything you hear. Were recruiting like cats and dogs at the moment and thats the first ive heard of huge masses going across to EK. Things are looking brighter here, salary etc etc in other fields.

The minority Crew who bag the airline and are unhappy to be here...they just dont leave..they have nothing for them back in their home country. Here they receive Free accomadation, great lifestyle, see the World, tax free..

Bozzy,

Again dont believe everything you hear :} You'll be sweet if you want to try out for CC. Got nothing to lose. We have more guys being recruited then ever before. Good for the Girls.. :p

Amelia_84,

The Sands Hotel is nice. You'll only be based there for a little while. Theres a few new Buildings being built.. so maybe you guys will be reclocated to it when it is finished. If so..Lucky you! Fresh and new... :}

Kash,

In about 2 yrs.. We have an Etihad Village being built for EY Crew only. We will all relocate there once completed, Pools, Gym, Beach etc etc at Al Raha ...So should be good.

Training attire is Business. You will get your uniforms on the 4th week of training. Just heard Training/Exams are quite harder now and the bar has been raised. So more
intense. So good Luck to all! :ugh:

Amelia84
27th Jul 2007, 10:01
Epstein, my name is Carlee. I will be in a yellow top tomorrow...I think haha. Hopefully catch up with you at the airport tomorrow YAY!!

See you all there!

chilli13
27th Jul 2007, 10:59
Hi guys

Iv worked out my flight times for tomorrow and i think it works out that i will be arriving at sands hotel at 1am in the morning then getting picked up at 7am. That can,t be right!. I,m not sure i will even sleep tonight considering that i will have to leave at 5am to go to airport. I will be a walking zombie. Lol. Just wondering if anyone knows about room sharing or whether you will have your own room at the hotel?.

Epstein and Amelia - what time are you arriving at the hotel?. If i don,t see you when i arrive then i guess i will see you bright and early on sunday morning. Lol :sad:

Amelia84
27th Jul 2007, 13:14
Hey Chilli,
We are on the 2.35 flight from Sydney and im assuming that is what flight you are on and also all the others from Australia. I could be wrong though.
I imagined that we will all be picked up together at the airport. THats what I thought would happen anyway.
I Know we are going to be really tired but I guess we will have to start to get use to that now hehe.
Sunday sounds l like a pretty cruisy day anyway. We will all be in the same boat. Do they sell Red Bull over there?? haha

Amelia84
27th Jul 2007, 13:17
Chilli - sorry I just remembered that your coming from London..sorry, my mind is going a hundred miles per hour haha.
Our flight gets into AUH at 11.45pm tomorrow night, so I think we will be still be in the same boat as you anyway.
Good luck!! See you there mate.

flight04
27th Jul 2007, 14:00
Hey Guys, how are you? For those of you leaving sydney on saturday the 28th july... Please keep and eye out for a girl named Rosie. Good friend of mine making the trip over.. Beautiful girl. Hope you all have a great flight.. see you in a month.. xoxo

weeflygirl
27th Jul 2007, 22:33
Chilli

The exact same thing happened to me hun I told you on the phone speak to Ryan see if you can take Sunday off I was so exhausted on my first day!

Guys you will love it

Everything is cheap!

and if your lucky enough to get trained in Pearl zone you automatically get a payrise if you wanna go to EK then prepare to spend at least 6 months before getting trained in business!

Kash
28th Jul 2007, 10:37
Thanks for the reply.So is the village suppose to be in Madinat Khalifa? I heard such rumours.:confused:
How is the swap system working in EY? Is it hard to exchange flights? How long is the layover in LHR and JFK?
I heard a lot of crew gets a lot of LHR, how is the allowance for this destination.Thanks.

trolleytrollop
28th Jul 2007, 17:55
Guys,

The pearl zone training has been cancelled for all ab intio classes since they are in a hurry to release us to fly asap! I cant recall which class was the last to do it. But we are not doing it. But its ok. Things here are great, not to bad.

see you soon

tt

spunky
29th Jul 2007, 05:08
i heard so much information that is all different i would like a current cabin crew with the new salary increase answer this question correctly.
q1) How much is the salary for first 6 months and after?
how many hours do u fly a month?
so the final take home pay is?....

q2) does it mean that if u get through to the final round of interviews on final day that u are accepted? or will another round of eliminations take place after that day to tell u that u have/or have not been selected days after the final interview?

q3) is there going to be another salary revision after the recent one?

q4) does anone have photos of the apts that u are styaing in?

any answers would be greatful and i really appriecaite your time.

thanks,

bluepearl
29th Jul 2007, 06:19
Does anyone know what sort of questions are asked at Etihad recruitment day on both written and oral tests?

lindsay25
29th Jul 2007, 23:29
Hi everyone,

Well I went to the assesment centre on 25July07 in Mel and made it to the final interview man that was a long day. Just wondering if there is anybody else from the final interview stage in this forum. This is the longest wait ever.

weeflygirl
30th Jul 2007, 05:01
I had have heard from Ken the training manager that they will continue to train pearl in new batches for another month I am batch 166 I graduate next week, and we are doing pearl training this week!

Maybe I am wrong sorry If I got peoples hopes up

The layovers in JFK and LHR are 24 hours basically if we fly there daily its 24 hours

Geneva, Casablanca etc are all 3 and 5 days as well as Dublin....

Money is good guys I'll be walking away with at least 1000gbp.

But it is so cheap here that you dont need all that I have a mortgage back home I still need to pay and I will still be having a great time here,

Dont stress about the money for the first 2 months training its not great but in the same breath its plenty to go on.....

wannabecc
31st Jul 2007, 03:49
Just spent two hours reading all posts. Did go to the Open day in Toronto in March, but did not submit an application online. I'm not going to ask any questions as most were answered by reading the posts. The security checks take long, I understand, but when exactly do you notify your company. Do they give you two weeks to give your company notice? I wasn't very clear with this issue. They are scheduled to come to Canada, not sure which cities Aug 1-4, so i was hoping to get at least this cleared out. I'm 38, no past airline flying experience but hoping to give it a shot.

Sky_Princess
31st Jul 2007, 17:28
Hello Everyone. Have any of you had trouble with forward or aggressive behavior from the pilots? I need some tips on how to get away from them...especially those drunk door knockers.

EYIceland
1st Aug 2007, 02:15
hey everyone.. :)

Just attended the assessment day in Iceland last friday. It went pretty nicely. The lady was very nice and made it easier. I got through to the final interview and now its just the waiting.... :rolleyes:

How is life in Abu Dhabi for those of you that are already there?

And to those of you that have been there for a while.. How big are the chances that your roster will contain ONLY turn-arounds or ONLY layover-flights? It would be nice to have a little variety of flights :)

oneworldairline
1st Aug 2007, 16:44
Flying over here is different to other airlines. You can request on only and only only of either

1. a request for a particular flight
2. a request for 4 days off

Note: subject to company demands

so its not promising but they will try. You cannot bid for rosters but let me tell you guys we can all feel a vibe that there are big and i mean huge changes to etihad and its a matter if your goin to be on this boat when it happens or after. Their new trainin center is massive and bigger than emirates so u can see where everything is goin to happen. Lets just say if you think about it in big terms, the company is in the capital city of UAE so emirates is just grown bigger in a longer time but Etihad will eventually overtake it cause its the national airline of the UAE.

Its hot over here and they just need crew. so if u think u have the potential or skills just apply u never know cause at the end of the day its the inside that they look for not who u are and your not a number.......

JOin ETIHAD!!!!!!!!

OWA

Jump7
1st Aug 2007, 17:43
Hi everyone....just wondering if anyone is leaving Toronto for AUH on the 1st of September? Would be nice to have a travel parter for the 14hr flight... You can PM me.

patit
1st Aug 2007, 21:53
hey guys,
anyone here attended Bahrain open day last 23 of July 2007, pm me if you receive a call from EY coz I didnt receive yet....thnx

anzkosh
1st Aug 2007, 22:49
i'm experienced cc.i applied for etihad via online on 16th july 2006.until now i didnt receive any replies.should i wait or should i go for open days?:}

robynbevis
2nd Aug 2007, 08:49
hello,
Its robyn, dont know if you remember me from the interview, but i just wanted to let you know that im in the same situation as you, i sent my medical off on the 30th May and havent heard any thing since, i emailed ryan, phoned but have heard nothing.

Gloria
2nd Aug 2007, 11:12
Hi guys, just curious with regard to EY and crew accomodation & training centre. Has the training centre opened or when is it likely too?? I read on this forum about a crew village being built , is this true? All sounds very exciting doesn't it. Good luck to all going over, the UAE is a great place.

Anni
2nd Aug 2007, 12:01
Hi!
Are u still starting ur training on 5th? I am and got a call from Ryan yesterday just to confirm which airport im flying out from. Im flying from Heathrow on saturday. It would be nice if you were on the same flight, if so please let me know. See u soon! Take care :)

ANNI

hookye
2nd Aug 2007, 13:29
Hi!
I called Ryan last week, and He told me that I am supposed to fly friday or saturday and that my training is starting on the 5th. But for the moment I didn't received anything. He sent me a mail tuesday saying that he would send me the tickets and all the details on thursday and today I am still waiting...
So, I don't know.. I am not even sure that I will start on the 5th. Anyway, I would fly from CDG and not london ..because I'm french. I just went on the assessment day in london because I lived ther for a while but now I am back home.

Hope you will get there...and me too!

anzkosh
2nd Aug 2007, 22:53
hey,i got your message.thanx a lot dear.i think i'll call them.looking forward to join u guys in abu dhabi!!:ok:

Qalbi
3rd Aug 2007, 01:04
Hey Im charmaine!!
I got to final interview on26th thurs at grand mecure did i meet you???
I havent heard back yet but they said maybe a month
boy was it an eventful day!!
Im so excited I hope we get through! Might even be flat mates lol

Qalbi
3rd Aug 2007, 01:21
I am from melbourne!!
Anyone from melb drop me an email
[email protected]

robynbevis
3rd Aug 2007, 10:49
Hello
I went to my etihad interview on the 19th March, nearly 5 months ago, i had my email saying that i was mangement approved and to send my medical and passort to them, which i did on the 30th of may, its been 2 months since i sent the medical is this normal, i ve tried emailing but never get a reply,
Please can some one help me
Email me on [email protected]

epstein22
3rd Aug 2007, 18:19
HI guys, well just finished my first week here in Abu Dhabi. Had a great time. The other crew are fantastic. If you havent heard anything yet, I would highly recommend calling them. Dont feel like you are pestering them. They are SO busy, and its the best way to find out what is going on. Goodluck

Anni
3rd Aug 2007, 21:14
Hi everyone!
I have a problem.. im leaving tomorrow morning and i have over 60kg.. Question..how strict Etihad is with the luggage? Anyone with similar problems? If someone knows please let me know asap. Thanx a million!

ANNI

TanyaD
4th Aug 2007, 08:03
Hey Annie,

In answer to your question, I flew from Melbourne, Australia to AUH and had more than 60kg and I didn't have a problem.

The worst that will happen is you will have to pay for the excess but check with Ryan because I think they will re-imburse you when you get here.

Hope this helps and WELCOME ABOARD !!!!

TanyaD

lindsay25
4th Aug 2007, 09:33
Hi there Charmaine,

I was at the assesment on wed 25th jul and about 12 of us made it through to the final. We had Kim and Elaine I cant remember the other lady, like you said it was a very eventful day.

I could'nt it beleive it when they kept calling my name to re-enter the room I was seriously on a high that I made it to the final stage and now its just a waiting game. Will you let me know as soon as you find out about getting into Etihad I assume we should get the phone calls around the same time if we are lucky enough to get through.

Leito
4th Aug 2007, 10:55
to oneworldairline, just a question on your comment.....

so its not promising but they will try. You cannot bid for rosters but let me tell you guys we can all feel a vibe that there are big and i mean huge changes to etihad and its a matter if your goin to be on this boat when it happens or after. Their new trainin center is massive and bigger than emirates so u can see where everything is goin to happen. Lets just say if you think about it in big terms, the company is in the capital city of UAE so emirates is just grown bigger in a longer time but Etihad will eventually overtake it cause its the national airline of the UAE.

You mean that its bigger than the 3 EK training centres combined?, wow, that must be massive then, it must feel exciting to be there, Happy and safe flying !!!! :}

Regarding over take EK just because its the National Airline of the UAE, somehow I have my doubts, I guess only time will tell :ok:

oneworldairline
4th Aug 2007, 13:36
Well atm its still has a long way to be bigger than emirates. But the new training center that emirates have built is really big. The plans atm for Etihad is still underdevelopment and was due to complete 3 months ago. Emirates training has 3 building but they have just closed one of it as new one was built. At the end of the day both airline are there for a reason and not to compete but to make money to help their national.

If u guys want career potential then etihad can give you that, not saying emirates wont but its a matter of time. The movement with emirates is just a bit slower as it is a stable airline now and eithad is just growing in both expanding and developing.

Guys, when you join emirates or etihad both are good and are stable and operate but the government so hope on and enjoy the journey. Doesnt matter who u work for as long as you get to experience of being an international flight attendant.

"First class, paris internationl"

RIGHT?

ENJOY and good luck to u all , cause hope one day your dream can come true too..

OWA

Sporata123
5th Aug 2007, 17:16
Hi there,

Could anyone enlighten me as to whether Open Days are strictly by invitation only? Or any interested party can attend?

Many Thanks.S

philippe747
5th Aug 2007, 21:05
hi sporata.....you don't need an invitation for the open days....anyone can attend...but you might seea lot of people on these days...i suggest that you would go to an interview via invitation....just apply online, and be patient....
hope it helps....pm me if you need more info
philippe

MAZ75
6th Aug 2007, 02:41
Hi Charmaine,

It's Marijana, I was at the Etihad interview and made it through with you.
I wore a black suit with a cream top, long blackish hair. I was the police man in our group discussion. I was reading the posts and came across yours, too funny! I haven't heard anything yet, have you??

philippe747
6th Aug 2007, 08:22
hello again....

anyone here who attented the inerview in Gotenburg, Sweden on the 29 th ?????

Sporata123
6th Aug 2007, 10:21
Thanks a lot Philippe.

Regards,
Sporata

robynbevis
7th Aug 2007, 08:47
Hello

I was just wondering if any one is dew to fly out of Heathrow on 30th August
sooooooooo excited

lindsay25
7th Aug 2007, 09:56
Hey People

Its Linday here well its 2 weeks this wednesday can anybody who attendad the assesment centre 25th and 26th July please let me know if you here anything. This wait is so bad I just wish they would tell us what the outcome maybe. Anyway I look forward to your replies:):):)

Well I would like to get to meet some people out there in the same position as me my email is [email protected] send me an email anytime much luck to you all ....

MAZ75
7th Aug 2007, 10:26
Hi Lindsay,

Im Marijana, I was at the Melbourne interview on the 26th.
At the interview, Kim said we had all made it to the final but that there was possibly going to be another elimination and then they had to do all the security checks. Kim said the process was going to take about 4 weeks so I'm assuming we would all know around then?? Was that the case with you??

philippe747
7th Aug 2007, 11:24
hi lindsay, i m in the same situation...the torure waiting....i put you in my buddy list for msn messenger, if you want to share information...
see you there

petiteGurl
7th Aug 2007, 13:03
Hi everyone...
I applied online for Etihad cc 2 months ago and I didn't even submit it...My application wasn't complete. It was shocking that I got an invitation to the assessment day in New York this 12&13th Aug. I just graduated from my BBA and have no job experience. Besides that, I don't have perfect straight teeth...can anyone tell me how strict is Etihad on our teeth and job experience. I can speak over 4 different languages. I am all the way from Hawaii...in the US, and flying to New York for the assesment day will take more than 16 hours and it's also a big cost. I just hope anyone can give me a clue before i decide to go all the way there. hehe!!!Thank you

globalflyguy
7th Aug 2007, 13:35
Hey, petite. Most cabin crew jobs want you to have a good smile. You have to make up your mind if you think it's worth the trip to go. If you're teeth are a super big problem :}, then maybe not go. :) But, it's NYC. That's always a great city. :ok: Good luck to you! And good luck Philippe and Marijana!

philippe747
7th Aug 2007, 14:24
thanks a lot "global :):):) very nice of you:)....i m counting the days...day number 9 today since the interview.....keep the fingers crossed...:O
are u applying too ???

MAZ75
7th Aug 2007, 22:04
Thanks Global, That's very nice of you :).
I hope if I get through people are as friendly as you! :)

lindsay25
7th Aug 2007, 23:33
Hi marijana,

I received an email this morning from etihad saying they are happy to continue with my application and is going through the final clearances and approvals. The email was very brief, also said not to resign that they will be in contact within 3 weeks and did'nt mention anything about the medical so am not sure if I should just get the medicals done.:ooh:

lindsay25
7th Aug 2007, 23:43
Hi Phillipe,

I have seriously lost so much sleep from the final interview up until now its hard to stop thinking about cabin crew cabin crew cabin crew etihad etihad etihad I think i need to be hypnotised lol:bored::bored::bored:.

Anyway we should all be proud we have made it this far anyway. I recieved a brief email saying they are processing my applications for final clearances and approvals etc but that was all.

Qalbi
8th Aug 2007, 01:06
Hey Lindsey!
So lucky you have actually heard something!
I have not yet heard anything.... :bored::bored::bored::bored::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Checking my emails... every HOUR lol only because im at work!
Umm so yeah excellent!
The wait is on!

MAZ75
8th Aug 2007, 05:43
Hey Lindsay,
CONGRATULATIONS :) Good work :ok: If your really keen I guess you could start with the medicals, reading these posts it takes ages to do and then ages for them to process so if you've got time why not get the ball rolling?? The email sounds really positive:) but you can never be too sure so if financially you may be out of pocket :eek: and it doesn't progress you may :{
(Sorry, I'm justing loving these faces, the novelty will wear off soon, I swear).
I guess I haven't really answered your question but you have to consider the pro's and con's of both and then decide.
Congrats again.

lindsay25
8th Aug 2007, 09:40
Thanks for that the email was sent exactly 2 weeks from my assesment so your email will be on its way anytime so keep checking that email. And dont forget to let me know:8:8:rolleyes:

I sent a reply to say thank you for considering my application to the final stages etc etc and mentioned do you reccomend for me to start the medical formalities and send them through to you. I got a reply simply saying "Thanks Lindsay" so am just going to get the ball rolling anyway.

lindsay25
8th Aug 2007, 09:43
Hey there,

Thanks for your kind words and am going to bite the bullet and go ahead and do it anyway. I mean if I lose out on it so be it on the other hand like you said it is an extensive medical so I will make a start.

Are you CC or did you attend any of the assesment centres

blokker
8th Aug 2007, 20:28
Dear folks,
Iam new on this site and looking for more info. about the assesment day of Etihad airway. Because i got an open invitation and next week is the big day. Can some one of you help me with more info .....with kind regards:ok:

blokker
8th Aug 2007, 20:31
have you heard anything of etihad??? and can you help me with info about the assessment day, because next week is mine turn....mail me please...regards:ok:

blokker
8th Aug 2007, 20:39
nice to read that you are already onbaord.... can you help me with more info about assessment day and how can i prepare my self ??:ok:

Qalbi
8th Aug 2007, 23:29
Ok this is really.. umm scary now approaching the if you get in or unfortunatly NOT...
Im recieveing emails from people I was with who didnt make it 2 weeks after final interview aww thats terrible im still waiting for my responce...
Would be a scary email to open ha... :confused::confused::confused:
So ultimatly they could eliminate you further after final interview even 2 weeks into waiting well i guess its better to be aware that maybe you will be cut off.

It's all good if you want it bad enough keep applying head up!! Always can try again and again!!!!:p:p:p

xoox
QALBI

philippe747
9th Aug 2007, 10:05
hi you guys...i m on the same boat as you all...about 2 weeks waiting, and i thought the risk is "gone"..but according to you qalbi, you uys might still get a regret letter after 2 weeks...keep heads up guys...;)
in my case, it is kinda different..yesterday was day 10 of waiting...wanted to go to the supermarket and they called me..
the gentleman on the phone was very nice..he told me that because of my 10 years experience, they think it would be better for me to become cabin manager..ok, i don't mind..i told him also, that i don't mind to start as CC..no, he said it is better CM....ok, now, the little problem is, will do i have to go through an interview again, unfortunately, he could not answer..my file has to go through other management approvals...i asked him, if i could not get through, can i get the CC job then ? could not answer ...so, i m like on stanby now....their answer was not "no" but not a "yes," just ahve to wait 2 more weeks, and then i will get an answer..i think they are planning how they will get cabin managers...
so, see guys, the waiting is a torture, i know, i can hardly sleep...but we have to go through...and if it is not working this time, you can try again...
does anybody here had the same experience ?
so, here is my mn adress [email protected] if you want to chat with me to share infos or experiences, or if you haev questions..
take care guys and keep the fingers crossed :ok: it will be ok...

robynbevis
9th Aug 2007, 10:24
Hello
i was just wondering, if i should take much money over with me, do we get paid for the training? i dont wanna ask ryan because i feel it would be cheeky, i just dont know what to do, i havent been told much information, do i just get on the plane in england and hope 4 the best, im sooooooooooooo confused!!
please some 1 help me!

NNicoleF
9th Aug 2007, 14:42
Hi.

I have already completed my medicals and have already gotten it all cleared. I have already gotten an email from Ryan asking me about an estimated start date. I have already given him a date but he hasnt confirmed it yet, or even given me any information on the next steps.

How does this all really work? What kind of measures do i need to take to finally leave and start working for the company? What is the best way to finally get a start date and get everything settled? The HR seems so impossible to get a hold of.

please help me im so lost.

NNicoleF
9th Aug 2007, 14:47
also, does anyone know how the accomodations work?

when do they get to put us up on our own appartments? when do we get this information and do we have a say on it?

i only know one person in abu dhabi and i was told one of the villas is right by her work and i would love to be put up in a place near my cousin so she could help me settle down in a bu dhabi. i wonde if this is possible at all.

globalflyguy
9th Aug 2007, 16:02
Robyn, it's usually a good idea to always have some money with you when you travel...or have a way to get quick access to it! :) I have a couple friends who work at Etihad, and they say you get paid for training (I don't know how much) but Etihad isn't going to give you money when you walk off the plane on your first day. :O

NNicoleF, if you have emails from Ryan, maybe you can ask him again for confirmation. Maybe you can make up that you have a vacation to plan or something so can he get back to you. :ugh: :p Maybe you can mention about your cousin living in Abu Dhabi, but I've heard your housing arrangements happen pretty quick.

Philippe, UGH! :ooh: Good luck with the wait. So much for "no news is good news" huh? :hmm: Well, at least it's cool that they think your experience is good. I wonder if maybe you'll get two jobs. :eek: LOL Good luck!

robynbevis
9th Aug 2007, 16:15
I wasnt expecting to have money straight away, just wanted to know if you get paid for the training,
thanks away
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

fly_84
9th Aug 2007, 22:07
Hi Blokker :)!
I tried many times to send you an email but there is something strange with your address!!! check your emails maybe you received mine.
From your email I guess you are from Netherlands ,I didn't see any assessment scheduled for Amsterdam on the Etihad web site,so may I ask you:
In which country you will attend the Etihad interview ?
Regards

Qalbi
10th Aug 2007, 01:40
I still havent heard, some ppl in my group have gotten rejection emails but im still waiting apoun a responce... its better just to wait isnt it rather then call or email them what do you think?! Its really nerve racking I want this really bad Id love to get this email soon saying YES! ill be jumping for days lol :):cool::cool:
Very happy for you to get the ok! welldone!! :D:D:D
Ill let you know how all goes hopefully hear something this week!

lindsay25
10th Aug 2007, 06:07
Hey there Qalbi

I received text messages from 2 people in the final interview from my group who received the thanks but no thanks rejection email. So if you have not received anything by now that is an awesome sign hang in there.

Medicals:

Pages 1 and 2 of medical eye test blood pressure reflexes etc etc and also including the first 6 vaccinations cost me AUD435.00.. I still have 2 vaccinations to go as you cant do them all at the same time and that will be an extra $120 I nearly died at the cost still dont know if I have the position.

Chest Xray will be bulk billed by Medicare, and the aviation doctor will refer you to a radiologist in your area takes 1min

Dental Examination, cost me $90 this included the 2 bitewing xrays and OPG xray which are both required.

So It is very expensive, if you need any advice at all when it comes to your medicals just send me an email.

philippe747
10th Aug 2007, 08:58
hey qalbi, i think also that is a good sign that you haven't received anythin yet...just be patinet a few more days...ppl from my group are still waiting too, so, you are not alone...just try to relax and i keep the fingers crossed for you, i m on msn, so if you have questions...

hey lindsay...i know, all theses things are very expensive, but at least, they will be done, and when you will receive the final answer, it will be ready to go..

blokker,i got your email, i will answer to you, but just a little bit patient, i m terribly busy right now, with a lot os stuff here...but i will be back to you vry very soon

on my side, as i told you previously, i m good for another two weeks of waiting, and i hope also, that i will get good news...i m talking to friends, they are saying it is a good sign that they want me as CM...but until i don't have the final answer, i keep realistic and focused...

let me know as soon as you get news...

fingers crossed :ok:

blokker
10th Aug 2007, 10:37
:)hi ppl, i got an invitation for the assessment day and looking for flight safety hahahah:) i meen some information what 2 aspect these day can some body help me please, my email [email protected]
thank you :) in advance:)

fly_84
10th Aug 2007, 15:19
Hi people!!!
who got the invitation for the assessment day in Brussels ????

Blokker!!
I didn't understand what you was saying on the email,is what you received an invitation or an email information?????You are really confusing me with the story,I mean that you are invited in two country ,Poland and also Belgium,so can you give more details plz.

Veronica1011
10th Aug 2007, 15:55
Hello, everyone~

I got an invitation letter for the assessment day in NY
and I only have like 3days to prepare for it. :uhoh:
Is anyone invited? let's share some info~~
It's the first time they are recruiting in the US, right?
I'm so nervous~~~~~~~~~~

irishcabincrew
10th Aug 2007, 16:19
anyone going ? if (reddy4517@if) you are ,.to dublin open day tpomorrow 11aug if so , [email protected] , add me a we can chat b4 .

Veronica1011
11th Aug 2007, 15:06
Hi people~
Now I've got only 2 days to prepare all my interview answers...
My thoughts are flying everywhere and I just can't seem to concentrate!
I've read all the posts about etihad and now I get the picture what the interview is gonna be like. I think I'll shut down the computer right now and start organizing stuff!! I hope I can make it through the final!!!!
Good luck to all of you

avril320
12th Aug 2007, 12:04
Hi everyone,
Im from Japan and interested in Etihad so much!!
I applied their application but they had not replied :bored:.
If I go the open days directly in any country, is it possible to join the interview?

And, Im working as a cabin crew in Japan.
Do Etihad give preference to people with some experience???

Thanks a lot.

robynbevis
12th Aug 2007, 16:54
Hey People
I was just wondering if any one from the UK is flying out on the 24th of August, so excited due to start my training on the 26th, so if any one is email me on [email protected],
thankshttp://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon6.gif