PDA

View Full Version : Etihad

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

manda07
31st May 2007, 20:41
hey:)
Is anyone starting training on the 10th of june??

peachesvalera
1st Jun 2007, 00:56
Hello! You can send it to either email or fax... I didn't send them my xrays but I will be bringing it with me when i go to AUH.. :ok:

tina_24
1st Jun 2007, 01:11
Hi Peachy!

Nice to hear that! Please confirm me if you plan to move your flight by the 24th. I'll move mine too.. I think 17th for me is kinda early, i have to fix things yet and it really would take time. please confirm it ah. But if you still stick on the 17th, its ok :O thanks dearie

peachesvalera
1st Jun 2007, 01:56
ok.. will let you know asap if i'll move my joining date on the 24th...

epstein22
1st Jun 2007, 02:56
Hi guys, does anyone know the number for Etihad HR to call and find out the status of applications? I was in the final interview about 3 weeks ago and still havent heard. My application online is "under review". I think its time to call :)

mzdurga
1st Jun 2007, 03:23
Just PMed you. Gd luck

ozziegirl
1st Jun 2007, 04:15
Hey guys its 2 weeks today since my interview

I hope my dream becomes reality,

Anyone on here from 17th & 18th May BNE assessment days heard?:confused:

trolleytrollop
1st Jun 2007, 05:15
People from Manila

I choose June 24th for my joining date. So have 4 other people. Guy's don't you think the 17th is little too early? To anybody leaving on the 24th please PM me. Lets also make a date on when to do the POEA stuff, might as well do it all together.:)

trolley

TanyaD
1st Jun 2007, 07:50
Hi all,

Well my day of departure is finally here, and it's all very surreal.

Best of luck to all of you waiting for a response and remember, no news is good news.

To all who are in training in AUH, I'll see you on Sunday.

The wait is worth it.

If anyone ever needs any help just let me know.

Take care and hope to see you all in the desert.
TanyaD;)

EYtruth
1st Jun 2007, 13:35
Mod Delete - Text Speak

weeflygirl
1st Jun 2007, 19:28
TanyaD

I'm heading out in 10 days !

Cant wait getting very emotional about leaving home though......:confused:

fly_84
1st Jun 2007, 20:14
hi all,
Can somebody tell me details about the english test especially the essay.
thank you:)

manda07
1st Jun 2007, 20:29
hey weeflygirl
What date do you start your training? i fly out late next week so i think we might be on the same training group:)

skyblue2009
1st Jun 2007, 22:14
hi everybody i am thinking to join ey,i am a international airline current crew. i wanna know about the salary range for crew and the management respect to the crew, is it around AED 10,000 monthly salary range,and how is the roster as like block hours every months and days off request.
please suggest me. thanks

rehantariq22
2nd Jun 2007, 03:09
Anyone here from the Toronto May 5th or 6th interview?
I still haven't heared anything from Etihad
What is the HR number? or better, Ryan's number?
Thanx

AN_24
2nd Jun 2007, 10:31
hi! It was same thing with me. I had to wait 5 weeks and I could not wait any longer SO I called them this is the number 00971-2-505-80-00. Call there and ask the operator to connect you with HR department. I suppose they are extremely bussy and cannot call everyone, but everything will be fine!:ok:
Good luck!

AN_24
2nd Jun 2007, 10:36
hi! there is no essay! the test is very easy. you will have to describe in few words your dream house that's all about the essay.
Good Luck!

bluepearl
2nd Jun 2007, 10:56
Has anyone that got to the last stage of Etihad recruitment received the same question? If so, what did you write?

AN_24
Do you know what the recruitment team is looking for when describing the dream house in the short written "essay" ?

Since the "essay" is very short what should you write?

fly_84
3rd Jun 2007, 11:24
hi all
Thank you AN_24 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=176833) for your answer,any other advice about the English test will be very appreciated.:)

AN_24
3rd Jun 2007, 13:23
I suppose it is kind of psyhoanalysis. I really have no idea what conclusions do they come to. They are professionals and I suppose that if your favorite place in a house is the kitchen means something and if it is the bathroom means something else:rolleyes: I really have no idea. My only advise is be as much positive as you can;) as I know for sure they like that, everybody does! and of course be correct in your grammar:)

sassycess
3rd Jun 2007, 13:38
hey blue pearl..

i believe that they have different questions in every assesment day..because the question on us when they had a recruitment here in Manila was;;;
"describe to your friend, your villa in abu dhabi" (kinda weird question for me because i have never been there of course..but i think they just wanted you to be imaginative or they wanted to find out your personality i really don't know hehe )
uhmm something like that...I am sorry i forgot the exact question..but no matter what the question is..just answer it in all honesty..check your grammar,just be straight and no need to elaborate...because as far as i can remember, you need to answer it in limited sentences only..;)

weeflygirl
3rd Jun 2007, 13:50
Manda

I'm flying out on the 10th I've asked for it to be changed to the 12th as I have a few things at home to sort out...

Hopefully see you there.

Does anyone know if family are allowed to visit for graduation?

sassycess
3rd Jun 2007, 15:03
weefly and manda

Take care always guys..wish you goodluck...congratulations!!!after long months of waiting finally you'll be leaving soon....:D well i'm still hoping they'll call me this week regarding my medical results..it's been 1 and a half weeks,my results are pending because i forgot to attach my cbc test:(

keep us upated ok...:ok:

mzdurga
4th Jun 2007, 02:46
Hey guys,

I called up the etihad office yesterday and was told that Ryan is on leave for one week. The gentleman who answered advised that they will get back to us and security checks can take a few weeks!! From 2 weeks, it became a few? :confused:

Besides Ryan, is there anyone else who handles the admin stuff for the candidates. This is really taking very long and it;s gonna be a month already. :sad:

ozziegirl
4th Jun 2007, 03:14
Hi Ann

Did you get the job? congrats if you did:D:D

Did they tell you over the phone?

Its been 2 weeks and 3 days... im patiently watitng..

fly_84
4th Jun 2007, 08:40
hi all,
I have already submitted an application on Etihad web site,and I saw that an assessment day in France was Scheduled for june but there is no date and no place!!! So,can you tell me when Etihad begin to send invitations, i mean how many days before the assessment they begin to send invitations.Any reply will be very appreciated:)

bluepearl
4th Jun 2007, 09:14
Thanks for your answers, much appreciated.

bhabiefly
4th Jun 2007, 09:28
manila people.. anyone leaving in june17??? they just called med today.. they told me im on this batch... i hope im not alone in that flight... :confused: im scared...:\

wannaflEY
hey, its me.. madambfly.. sorry my other username got busted.. i did not receive your messges.. nwei,r u in auh nah?? pls do PM me.. im so excited.. im leaving on the 17th.. any advise on what to bring??:O nwei have you doen some POEA things??? thnks!!:O

trolley
hey,i was called on the 17th, and i took it.. i just wana ask, whats the POEA thing??? hope I can go with you guys....i only got 12days.. I just got the call today...thnks!!:8

ozziegirl
4th Jun 2007, 09:37
Hi,

Have you done your medical already? how long did you have to wait until the told you, you were successful..

bhabiefly
4th Jun 2007, 09:40
hi peaches
so did you confrim to ryan that your already leaving on the 24th??:rolleyes: i already confirm mine on the 17th.. nwei, much better if i know someone in the flight.. just wana ask what the POEA thing?? coz if i have to do things at POEA,2 wks preparation is not enough for me.. i might call ryan then.. whatchtnk?? any advse?? thnks much!!;)

nickvan
hey, how was the training doing?? i think your really bc.. aany advise of what to bring in AUH?

to all
so once we got in the training means we are hired already, right?? or are there any chance we failed and go back to our designated countries?? anyone, pls answer me... thnks so much!!

bhabiefly
4th Jun 2007, 09:42
hello, i send my medicals last 25th of may and they called me up for my joining date today, 3rd of june..

CC23
4th Jun 2007, 10:27
Hi Everyone!! I've noticed that people are gettin calls from Ryan who have sent in there medicals not too long after they have sent them.. He said for me to wait a week until he'd call me with my medical report.. how long do people normally wait until he calls you with a medical clearence and with a joining date?? Or is everyone calling him instead of him calling you? Could somebody please shed some light :ugh:

A reply would be very appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!!! :ok::ok::ok:

peachesvalera
4th Jun 2007, 10:40
hi bhabiefly! I emailed ryan to moved me on the 24th of june since i think joining on the 17th is too soon.. I mean, I need more time to fix my papers for POEA.. But, I haven't received any confirmation if he was able to move me on the said dat..

First of all, we need the contract before we can even start fixing the things for POEA.. so, it's a big hassle that we still haven't received it.. we also need a medical certificate from a POEA approved clinic or hospital.. then there's also charges for processing of the papers.. and we also have a seminar before we leave.. ohh.. and don't worry.. there are a lot of people joing the 17th of june.. but tina, trolley and i prefer to leave on the 24 so we would have more time.. :ok:

neokay9
4th Jun 2007, 12:33
Hi, friends~

I'm doing my medicals and have a question.
Do I have to bring my chest xray to Abu Dhabi?
Medical Forms say to attach dental xrays, but no mention about the chest xray.

cheers

Moshi Moshi
4th Jun 2007, 12:52
Hi guys,
I'm still in the waiting process, it was only a week after interview in Abu Dhabi. I'm checking email everyday and hope they don't send me now 'cos your guys said no news is good news.
I wish I'll be EY cc soon:O

AN_24
4th Jun 2007, 15:19
No Im still in the medical thing. I will wait quite too long to get the contract I suppose. how about you?
Does anyone know what is the exact e-mail address where the medical paper should be sent? Do you know, ozziegirl?
Thanks in advance!:)

AN_24
4th Jun 2007, 15:26
im sorry I just remembered that you are in the waiting torture. No one called you yet? as everyone here says it means that everything with you will be fine:ok: be patient!

ozziegirl
4th Jun 2007, 22:08
Hi An,

No, still no call :uhoh:

Sorry, i meant to say: How long did it take for EY to contact you to say you were successful and sent out an email to start your medical....

Well today is another day, i hope i get my call soon...:confused:

ozziegirl
4th Jun 2007, 22:22
Epstein, did you get hold of HR? did you get the job??:confused:
Congrats if you did:D:D

bhabiefly
5th Jun 2007, 07:45
hi peaches.. well, i have no idea bout the POEA thing.. is ryan the 1 who told you bout that?? coz right now i thnk he is on leave.. i really want to call him.. coz that would take time right?? so you havent got the contract yet?? hope ryan can go back to work now... :bored:

cc23
it will just take 1 week until they call you after your medical.. ryan the one in charge of everything is on leave so its the other girl who does the processing.. if it will take 2wks, then might as well do follow ups...;)

weeflygirl
5th Jun 2007, 09:46
Ah that explains why Ryan hasnt emailed me back if he has annual leave!

Oh well looks like I will be going Sunday!

Manda when do you go?

AN_24
5th Jun 2007, 10:12
ozziegirl, i never got the call, I called them on the 5th week and was said to proceed.

To everyone who knows: if ryan is in vacation who should we send the medicals to? e-mail address?
Thanks in advance!

manda07
5th Jun 2007, 12:18
hey weefly girl
I am going sunday to:) havnt got my tickets yet but im guessing we wil get them sumtime in the next few days. You still going on sunday?

lindaflychick
5th Jun 2007, 12:40
is anyone having problems getting the dental x-rays done in the uk ma dentist wont do them as they said it is illegal to do them unless its clinically justified! they are going to give me a letter to this effect guess will just have to get them done over there what a nightmare though xx

weeflygirl
5th Jun 2007, 15:23
Linda my dentist done it

£81 and that was a removal of my wisdom tooth

Nitshill dental practice

Anni
5th Jun 2007, 22:12
Hi!
Is there anyone starting 24th june?.. and flying out from london?

good luck everyone and hope to see u soon!

ANNI :O

sassycess
6th Jun 2007, 01:20
hey anni

i would like to ask if when did you received the call that you got in???and who called you up?...coz i think all of us here are pending because ryan is on leave..

etihadCC
6th Jun 2007, 03:19
Anyone here other than me leaving Toronto on the 15th of June?

Amelia84
6th Jun 2007, 04:58
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to tell me what exactly is tested as parted of your medical. Also, one of my wisdom teeth is sideways, will I need to have it removed to pass the dental?
I would really really appreciate if someone could help???

Londonlaydee
6th Jun 2007, 14:44
Does anyone know how long it takes for security clearance to come through?
I had my final interview on 2nd May I called them after waiting the two weeks and I was told that I had been cleared by management and that they are waiting for security clearance.
I'm starting to lose patience :ugh:.
Or is it a good thing it's taking soooooo long?

WEEFLYGIRL & LINDAFLYCHICK

Congrats on getting all the way through girlies.:D:D:D
Also what exactly does the medical involve? :confused: Is it really intrusive?:confused:

Thanxs
:ok:

Jellie
6th Jun 2007, 16:31
I had my final interview in London on 3rd May and Ryan phoned me 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had waited 3 weeks and 3 days. I can't see why your security clearence would be taking so long but I still maintain that no news is good news.

I'm just having my medicals at the moment and haven't found them intrusive at all but I am booked in for lots of injections tomorrow which I think will probably be the worst bit!!!:uhoh:

Really hope that you hear from them soon. Fingers crossed for you xxx:ok:

weeflygirl
6th Jun 2007, 17:36
Hi Guys

I got my start date today I got a call from coka???

Got most of my medical done I had to have a wisdom tooth extracted cause it had a chip in it so now I am in pain!

You dont need teeth removed if they are healthy.

I dont have all medicals done like xrays of my chest and blood tests as it takes 2 weeks for answers so Ryan told me get as much done as possible.

My jabs will need to wait too as my Dr says I dont need them for out there again Ryan said this was fine as I only had 2.5 weeks notice that I am leaving to go to EY

So my official start date is the 17th June!

Cant wait I will be flying from London probably if anyone else is..

mmarcin4
6th Jun 2007, 19:16
How about Assessment Day in Poland? Were there many attendants? I am curious to know how it was. I regrettably couldn't attend the event on that day. buuuuu

Anni
6th Jun 2007, 21:46
Hi!
I didnt receive any call so i decide to call them by myself. I called them yesterday and they (lorine and some other girl from office) told me that everything was fine to move to next level... then she just asked when i could start? As im not working at the moment i told as soon as possible.
So my starting day will be 24th :).
Good luck :ok:
ANNI

ozziegirl
7th Jun 2007, 03:33
Hi guys,

Are weekends in Abu Dhabi tomorrow - Friday and Saturday? i have a friend who is trying to contact them, and the phone is just ringing out...

?

ozziegirl
7th Jun 2007, 06:05
HEy guys,

Im in!!!! ill be starting medicals next week...
so much to do!!!!!!

weeflygirl
7th Jun 2007, 11:48
Yeah weekends are Friday Saturday in the UAE.

Seems a few of us starting on the 17th June

Good luck everyone cant wait to see you all out there.:D

sassycess
7th Jun 2007, 13:34
Hay....good riddance!!!after 2 weeks of waiting I got a call from "kuku" that i'm good to go..my training date will be on june 24...i wanted to be scheduled earlier but i guess i can't make it..i have a lot of things to do like the POEA requirements etc...:bored:

haven't say goodbye to my friends..:sad:

haven't receive the contract yet..maybe ryan will be the one to send it...anyweiz to those who are starting on the 24th of june..hope to see you there..for those who doesn't get any calls from etihad,,hold on guys I'm sure you'll also be accomodated...although it's really hard to wait...:pkeep on praying..godspeed:)

weeflygirl
7th Jun 2007, 13:51
Has anyone who is starting the 17th got there flight details yet?

AN_24
7th Jun 2007, 15:26
hi to everyone! Does anyone know whether we have to attach a cardioram to our medical when we send it or it is not necessary?

Congratulations, Ozziegirl!

linda23
7th Jun 2007, 20:12
Someone knows? or participed?
I knows that there will be an open day the 14 of july at Nice.

Earning your trust
7th Jun 2007, 20:22
i had my interview on the 23rd of may in auh...its been 16 days i stil havent heard anything...they said if we were unsucessful we would hear from them within the first week.....and once we pass the 14 days stage it would mean that we are in....but it has been 16 days now and counting and i havent heard anything from their end.......what does this mean guys?>?????how much longer do i have to wait :ugh::ugh: the wait is killing:eek:

Matt101
7th Jun 2007, 20:32
Hey guys I am just in process of applying for EY, EK and Possibly Qatar though no idae whther I actually can apply to Qatar??

Anywya I know some ppl have been bad mouthing Etihad but I see you guys got a pya rise for starters which with your accomodation is probably better than my wages at BA Gatwick.

I just have some questions though.

What's the rosters like when you start flying and what's the deal with accomodation is it for the duration of your employment?

Anything you can throw in about Etihad or the other 2 airlines I mentioned would be great.

I've just decided I want to make one of those changes and clean out the cupboards as it were and I thought England wasn't the place to do it so UAE sprung to mind!

Anywya thanks for any advice

Matt x

Matt101
7th Jun 2007, 20:48
Just read the first half page of the Qatar string - It sounds like I'd rater not apply for them after all! So just EY and EK comments unless anythign has changed for the better at QR

Sorry guys thanks and i hoep I ma not hijacking this thread too much by asking about EK aswell but I've asked in that thread and just wanted to get a mix of opinion

CHeers,

Matt

ozziegirl
8th Jun 2007, 02:33
Hi,

i know the wait is sooooooo hard, i found out yesterday mine, it had been 3 weeks, i think in the 3 week mark you will find out, although there are some lucky people that found out within 10 days, 2 weeks...

Sometimes is the case if you havent heard from them in the 1st week means you are going through a security clearance check...

I know its really hard, trust me i was so impatient just wanting to know, it was torture having to wait!!

But ! it is true, the waiting is worth the while.

ozziegirl
8th Jun 2007, 04:43
Hi,

If anyone could help me please i would really appreciate it!!!

I am from Australia and will be moving to Abu Dhabi at the end of the month to commence training..
i would like to know what people have done with there mobile phones, what kind of caps, sim cards etc....
the roaming etc...

I would appreciate some feedback, have rang Vodafone who i am with now in Australia, but they have a terrible roaming cap.... there caps are not really good for the roaming factor...

PLease help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tina_24
8th Jun 2007, 08:06
Hi ozzie girl, with your query, a friend of mine who is already working for EY for about years now suggested to bring 2 phones. One having UAE's nationwide sim card "ETISALAT", then the other one is for your sim card there in Australia, just let in be roamed before you leave the country. Your family and friends can save tons of money contacting you to your Aussie's sim then you reply with UAE's sim. However it also depend as to how much vodafone will cost international( network to network) call and sms. Here in Philippines, its so cheap that i'll definitely do this way. And don't forget you have the option to use PC communicating with them as well :O
By The Way, congratulations! and see you there

Hope this will help :ok:

weeflygirl
8th Jun 2007, 10:26
Check what international sim cards are available in your country in the uk there is one I am looking at called mycherrymobile.

Its free to recieve calls abroad and its classed as a uk no so my friends can use there free mins to call me.

fly_84
8th Jun 2007, 15:11
hi all,
I have already applied on Etihad web site,I m waiting for an invitation to the assessment day in France which is scheduled for this month,I called the Etihad office last week and they told me they don't have the date and the place of the assessment day right now! So, can somebody tell me :
-how many days before the assessment day Etihad begins to send invitations.
-who has already received invitation for the assessment days in France ,Italy,or Germany.

Thanks for any reply:)

skyboy1919
8th Jun 2007, 22:35
Hi Everyone

So I am sure this question has been asked a thousand times but after reading most of the thread I do not feel any more in the know. I wanted to know what the medical for this ariline is and where it is taken place? Is the medical arequirement that is standard for all UAE states? Does it vary?

I am an experienced Senior Crew Member looking to get back into flying and want to consider the UAE but at a complete loss as to which airline and state to consider.

Thanks for your advice everyone.

sec 3
9th Jun 2007, 02:47
Try Emirates or Qatar

Earning your trust
10th Jun 2007, 07:55
Do any of you have ryans email address?????:confused:

wannaflEY
10th Jun 2007, 17:03
Waaahhh! Am I the only one from the philippines joining on the 17th? Got my contract this morning and I need to know who else is going. Im going nuts. I need to know I'm not alone. hehehe. :) People from manila...contact ryan or anyone from HR. Tell them you will join the 17th! puhleassee!

Batchmates on the 17th, I'll see you all in AUH. :) Hopefully get my papers done before the joining date. WHew.

Earning your trust
10th Jun 2007, 18:06
guys it has been 19 days now and i am still waiting :ugh: i havent heard from these guys yet and its killing me..............i am going crazy literally going crazy:confused:

summer_lee
11th Jun 2007, 05:51
im sorry dude.. i moved mine on the 24th..

smartalec888
11th Jun 2007, 06:13
Friend went to Etihad recruitment day in Brisbane back in May this year, was accepted yesterday and fly's out on 24/6!

Earning your trust
11th Jun 2007, 08:50
well my interview was on the 23rd of May, today it is 11/06 dont know how much longer i have to wait:ugh:

weeflygirl
11th Jun 2007, 10:23
Have you tried callling them Earning your trust?

I did they usually tell you?

Best of luck

bhabiefly
11th Jun 2007, 11:35
wannaflEY, u have to change your joining date.. i dont thnk you can finish it in 2 days.. youll be in a rush.. the copy of the visa is one of the rqmnts.. i believe it will be sent tgther with the flight details so you need to call ryan,tel them to send the visa so when you go to POEA, everything is ok.. you also need 1 px for the medical..

24 june
hey manila people, those who are joining on the 24th, wen r u planning to go to POEa?? how bout our visa??

pinkus
11th Jun 2007, 23:17
Ozzie girl it really is not worth the bother of keeping a sim from home especially if you have to pay a bill every month I have a UAE sim and just keep a prepaid sim for when I am home. I also have a UK sim that roams for texting etc in Europe as well as Bangkok.

You can use skype as well as calling cards for a few euros/pounds etc when you are on layovers.

epstein22
11th Jun 2007, 23:44
Does anyone have concerns about Etihad wages?

debug
12th Jun 2007, 07:32
Hi there, I have done my medical checks. Should I send my medical checks to Ryan directly? If yes, may I know what is his email address? Thanks in advance!

CC23
12th Jun 2007, 08:31
SUCESSS!!! I have had my contract emailed to me!!!! :D:D:D..it says in my contract that my employment commencement date is the 1st of July!!! Does this mean i will be flying out on this date?? If so when does Ryan send you the flight details??? HELP!!!

Can somebody please reply!! :p:p:p

Thank you :ok::ok::ok:

weeflygirl
12th Jun 2007, 09:53
You usually fly out a few days before I start on sunday awaiting myflight details.

Get your meds done asap so no delays

CC23
12th Jun 2007, 11:21
Does anyone know if once you've recieved your contract, do you then need to organise your working visa for the UAE from your home country? Or does etihad organise it for you?

HELP!!!!

Earning your trust
12th Jun 2007, 11:38
i am stil waiting :ugh:.....no news yet............i am going crazy..................why are they taking so long ????when there are people who are hearing frm them after 2 weeks which is 15 days.......??????????????????::rolleyes:

debug
12th Jun 2007, 11:59
Hi Everyone, I am wondering if there is anyone here attended the 11th May 2007 interview at Kuala Lumpur? If yes, what is the outcome? Are you going through medical checks? Hear from you soon. Thanks! :)

trolleytrollop
12th Jun 2007, 14:45
Manila people,

I am beyond frustrated!:ugh: Im scheduled to leave for AUH on 21 0r 22(joining date june 24). But up until now NO CONTRACT.They keep telling us "later we will send it" but just like before. no contract.

I hope they understand that we need the contract and the visa at this point so that we can commence with the government formalities for our exit permits, and knowing how a government office works in this country we need several days and major pesos. I do hope that EY understands this. Ryan if your reading this, where':{s our contract, please help us ????

tt

weeflygirl
12th Jun 2007, 15:04
Guys

Generally Etihad organise working visas for us so try relax.

Manilla folks I'm not sure how the exit visa works but maybe call etihad explain the situation but I am sure they know this already.

I fly out this week and still no flight details :{

Casablanca85
12th Jun 2007, 16:29
Hi everybody here! I fly for Emirates and can tell you that you will make a big mistake to join Etihad! Ok nice fleet, nice uniform but you have to see also if the working conditions are good enough to leave your countr an even your family and friends! I am telling you that because I have talked to so many crew members of EY who are planning to leave hoping to join Emirates. But everyone has his own opinion and everyone knows himself what to do. Nevertheless good luck to anybody:-)

To those who are planning to join, just try Emirates in that case if you would like to come to the U.A.E. I can tell you, it is not just a glamour side!!!!

Jump7
12th Jun 2007, 20:28
The grass is always greener....

Casablanca85
12th Jun 2007, 20:47
Hindsight is 20/20, just try, come in and find out:-)

soooo i have to sleep now, only few hours before next trip! Cu guys!

weeflygirl
12th Jun 2007, 21:38
I think with etihad it is suck it and see.

I know people who flew with emirates who told me not to go to them....

Each to their own and all that

chilli13
13th Jun 2007, 11:35
Hi Chica

Iv sent my contract back and should finish up here end of june so hoping to go mid july... How much of your medical have you done?.. When do you fly out?..

Also i don,t see the point in people from other airlines posting negative messages on forums.. Everyone has their own perspective on things and can make their own mind up, we all have our own agenda!!..

Also would love to hear from anyone who is going over around mid july to Abu Dhabi?..

:O xx

weeflygirl
13th Jun 2007, 12:18
Hi Chilli

I'm going out hopefully in the next few days also from Glasgow,

I second what you say about people from other airlines leaving negative comments. If we dont like it then we leave simple.

Best of luck x

Nickvan
13th Jun 2007, 12:44
Casablanca:):)

You shouldnt post negative comments if you not sure what goes on in Etihad. Especially if your from Emirates :ugh: Things are improving dramatically. The odd minority group who moan and groan just stay with EY as they must have nothing for them back home.

Alot of people have joined EY for a reason and not EK. Must say things are getting much better here at EY, Its everyones opinion.

You cant be comparing Emirates to Etihad. Its like comparing Chalk & Cheese....Emirates over 20 yrs ago were exactly like EY is now. Its expected.
There on 2 totally different levels. There out there for the same aim. EK has been around before you were even born, with over 20 yrs experience & stability up there sleeve compared to EY with only 3 yrs.

I chose EY over EK. Its a great time to join..their still growing. Alot of exiciting things happening. With EK, your just another number. Anyway each to their own as they say. Expect a new and exciting Etihad in a few months - year. Rebranding, new uniforms etc etc. So keep an eye out. Appears EY is following EK's masterplan/structure.. but establishing it with bigger and better plans/ideas. :D:D

Well thats my 2 dirhams said :ok:
Cheers N

weeflygirl
13th Jun 2007, 12:52
:D Well said Nickvan!

How are you enjoying training?

I'm suppose to be coming out in the next 2 days but still no flights me and a few others awaiting the details really frustrating!

wannaflEY
13th Jun 2007, 19:00
Just got my email from ryan. I guess Ill be flying to AUH this friday! Argh...now im sad...dunno why. Manila people...See you all there!

pinkus
13th Jun 2007, 19:38
Alot of crew left for Emirates before because of the pay diference. I was very close to doing so myself.That has now been rectified and EK crew are coming down to us.
Of course there are ****ty things about working for EY but for me the positives are.
After 2 or 3 years with Etihad you can be CM in EK you are plugging away in economy for 2 years.
Cost of living in Abu Dhabi ALOT cheaper than Dubai.
No Dubai traffic.
Longer layovers.

Matt101
13th Jun 2007, 19:42
Hey guys what's your Roster for a month look like at EY and can someone tell be about Abu Dhabi I mean I've been to Dubai and you here about it all the time, but I'd like info on what it's like to be Etihad crew on down time at home, is it a good city? do you have a Qatar style Curfew? etc etc.

Any info much appreciated if you'd prefer to PM it go ahead!

Cheers guys and all the best to those starting already,

Matt :ok:

mzdurga
14th Jun 2007, 03:26
Hey Chilli,

Ryan has advised me that my tentative flyng out date will be a few days prior to the actual training day which is set for the 22nd July. Are you joining that training batch as well???

cabincat
14th Jun 2007, 05:47
Guys I have been reading this thread for a while and having worked at EY before I joined EK I thought it best to clear a few things up if you are questioning who is the better carrier to join...
Average Salary for grade 2 at EK = 7500 Dhs + allowances (roughly
2500 Dhs a month) Total = 10000 Dhs. Guys this is for 60-80 Hours only!! Unlike EY where my friends are still averaging 100 - 110.
The pay goes up as you are promoted and you can forget about spending 2 years in Economy now. Promotion is much faster with crew being promoted to Business after 10 months WITH sick/absent days!! A friend of mine here was working in First class in just under 3 years earning 12000 Dhs per month PLUS her allowances!! Do the math!
Better layovers at EY? Maybe some but we also have great trips at EK i.e 9 day BKK/SYD (3 days in SYD on this trip) 10 day SIN/BNS etc etc. Also our shuttle flights make normal layovers longer... for instance BKK/HKG... depending on which one you do you get 2 or 3 days in BKK. My roster at EY was all 24 hr LHR,CDG,MAN... I rarely got any long layovers.
EK also has an online swap system where you can swap your roster. Much more organised than EY using the notice board in OCC.
Our accomadation is much better here at EK and Dubai apart from the traffic is much more cosmopolitan to live in. Better shopping, clubs and restaurants with establishments offering crew great discounts not treating you with contempt like AUH!
However the real difference is the management. Here at EK you will have SUPPORT from your Cabin Crew Manager. Crew rarely get fired here as we have HR policies in place which protect you from this. There is no such thing as managers ruling with intimidation like EY.
As EY grows and changes so will EK... With EY's fleet over 20 now ours is over 100 with new aircraft being added each month and fabulous destinations like Cape Town (soon to be announced) Venice and Sao Paulo coming up. No matter how hard EY tries to catch up EK will always be ahead.
No matter where you go Crew will think that the grass is greener and will winge. It is human nature.
Not trying to have a dig or slag EY off just trying to lay the facts down and think I am in a better position to do it having worked for both.
Keep Discovering.

mytcrew
14th Jun 2007, 09:24
Well put cabincat! EK is way better, even though EY have really nice planes:) Remember guys that the allowence you get at EY now is still not as good as in Ek, but I know a lot of people ay EY and they really love it, but yes, you will find it more organized at EK. Good luck guys whatever you do, follow your instincts:)

weeflygirl
14th Jun 2007, 09:58
Got my flights! Flying out saturday which means I need to get from Glasgow to LHR asap!

weeflygirl
14th Jun 2007, 10:44
Best of luck doll, You do what rigth for you.

Lets meet up in Dubai lol

chilli13
14th Jun 2007, 11:34
Yeah, I,m hoping to join either 15th or 22nd July..

Good Luck to anyone flying out soon!!..

I wish they had a forum exclusively for Etihad crew who will be joining, it would be more informative and encouraging instead of this charade thats going on between EY and EK..

So if anyone has any positive or encouraging advice or information for future Etihad Crew it would be appreciated!..:)

ambz26237
14th Jun 2007, 12:26
HEY CHILLI13,

I THOUGHT I WOULD TELL YOU THAT I USED TO WORK FOR ETIHAD, BUT DUE TO PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES I HAD TO LEAVE! :sad:

THEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY, AND I ENJOYED EVERY SECOND OF IT! I STILL TALK TO ALL MY BATCH MATES AND THEY ONLY HAVE POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY!!! THEY SAY ITS GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY! YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT JEALOUSY MAKES YOU NASTY!!!(ek)
ITS A GREAT OPPERTUNITY AND ONCE YOU THERE YOU WILL SEE THAT YOU MADE THE BEST CHOICE!!! I CAN TELL YOU NOW THAT YOU WONT LOOK BACK!!! YOU WILL ONLY GO FORWARD FROM HERE:ok:

SO IGNORE THOSE MEANIES CAUSE IF THEY SO HAPPY AT EK, WHY THEY CHECKING OUT THE ETIHAD THREAD:E

GOOD LUCK I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND MILES OF SMILES:O

tormo
14th Jun 2007, 20:40
Hi All,

Im from Ireland and have got as far a sending my medical by email to Zari, she told me to call back on Monday to see if the Medical Center over there gives it the OK! She gave me provisional dates for the 2nd ofJuly!!!
Is anyone one else flying from Eire around this time??????

Does anyone know if they fly you out on the dates they first give you???
and also do you need to have ur medical fully completed such as teeth and shots before going??????

Thanks for Help...Im lost!!

ozziegirl
15th Jun 2007, 02:03
Hi guys have completed all my meds!! very exhausting!!!

I am a bit worried though about my chest xray, the radiologist said that i had a granuloma lump on my chest (nothing serious) but just wanted to check it out more... so i had a CT scan and it ended up being a blood vesell!!!!! so nothing bad at all....

However, on my medical form the radiologist has said small benign granuloma see report.... The first report has, what was found - the little lump.. and then the CT says that everything is fine all fit and healthy and it was misunderstood to be a granuloma when it turned out to be a blood vesel..

I know everything is ok, I am fit and healthy, but is Etihad going to look at it and go what the... when everything is ok......

Guys i am really worrying now, please if someone could help..... that would be great!!!!!

weeflygirl
15th Jun 2007, 08:57
Tormo I dont have all my medicals completed tehy told me to get as much done as possible and the rest will be done over there.

With regards to the lump ozziegirl as long as it benign I cant see any issues...

neokay9
15th Jun 2007, 09:15
I have a question for those who are current EY crews.
I've told that EY doesn't like gold inlays because they're not good looking.
I have had gold inlays placed on my lower molars.
Would it be a problem to get a confirmation of my medicals? Do I have to change my gold inlays?:{

tormo
15th Jun 2007, 10:11
thanks weeflygirl!!

thats great..it can be disheartning when you don't know all the info...scary..

cnt sleep,hee! soo excited!!

anyone going start of july, lets me know coz tink im heading off then

Msg to all concerned: My cousin has been working for etihad for about 4 years now and loves it soo much, she prob wnt be coming home anytime soon! The accom is meant to be really nice, ive seen pics!!

EYtruth
15th Jun 2007, 20:48
Ok, let me clear some things:

1. Like Nickvan wrote, u can't compare these 2 companies. EK has years of experience and definitely smarter management where people r not obssesed with selfishness, but work for the prosperity of the company.
EY follows EKs pattern, which is smart approach, as it helps to avoid mistakes in business. Unfortunately, there r some people in management which r retrading EYs growth.

2. Salary. Before u write about this, check what's going on in EY! EY finally got revised salary scheme, and till the end of the year, there will be SFS, 1st and business class positions for the crew. All of them with different salaries. EY crew now earns almost the same as EK crew.
U shouldn't observe parts of salary, but salary package in general, that's what counts.
EK on the other hand, has profit share thing, which EY doesn't.

3. Layovers. Both companies have good layovers, it's individual thing which city u will prefer.

4. Rostering. Cabincat, notice board in OCC doesn't exist for months! True, EK has excellent on line system, but this doesn't mean u can swap whatever whenever. There r limitations!
Other thing I've noticed is that EK does their rosters in a proper way (example: after 7 days of flying u MUST have 2 days off in DXB. EY doesn't care about this, they usually give u 1 day off :eek:)

5. Accomodation. EK has better one. But if u think EK doesn't have old buildings, u r wrong.

6. CCM. Cabincat, u r totally wrong on this one. Maybe u r lucky with your CCM, but many crew in EK have bad ones. EY doesn't have this position yet, but things r improving. Nobody in EY was fired without proper reason!

As for the 2 cities, again, it's an indvidual thing. Some people like AUH some DXB. In DXB, somehow, I feel free ....

Which company u will choose, depends on u.
Well established, world known, where u will be just another employee, or new one where u can influence things?

Happy flying!

ozziegirl
15th Jun 2007, 23:35
Hey guys,

I just got my report everything is fine, it was a blood vessel... i was worrying over nothing!!:rolleyes:

Well its good to know that i am fit and healthy!!

philippe747
16th Jun 2007, 00:03
Hi all...I m a newbie here...just landed on this forum by accident..i spent hours to read all of your posts..so, i sent my application online on the 3rd of June, and till now, nothing from them..no news, good news....i m flying for ual as purser, another purser and friend just got hired....she told me also no news is good news...congratulations to all of you who made it, I hope i will be the next one in a few weeks...every day of waiting is like a century..i m getting crazy here...:ugh: i hope to get an invitation soon, per email i think, and to go through the recruitement process... i read all of your posts, and i have to say, for my friend, everything was so fast..
so, can anyone tell me how the assessment will be..
when I m reading your posts, evrything seems to be so confusing..also concerning starting date...i will have to sell my house, car, everything, and it will take time, i can not leave (in the case of..of course) within 2 weeks...but anything about recruitement day will help...
once again, congrats to all successfull applicants;...for the others, sorry, just have to wait another 6 months...
hope to hear a lot from you guys....happy landings...phil

philippe747
16th Jun 2007, 00:05
just many thanks to EYtruth for giving us some many info ..just wanted to say....:) and also to anyone of you...we are a big family an we have to help us out....:D

CC23
16th Jun 2007, 11:14
Hi everyone....

Is anyone here flying from Australia at the start of July?

How many days before you fly out do you get your flight details?

Does anyone know if you have to fly from melbourne to sydney (so that you can go to the sydney base etihad to fly to abu dhabi).. does etihad organise and pay for this domestic flight? or do you have to organise it and pay for it yourself?

Oh and regarding the negativity about the forums there is no need for it:=.. i think these forums should be used for putting up advice and help for all of us who are going through the same thing... so for the people from other airlines, who wish to speak negative about EY.... why do you care so much about writing about etihad and how bad you think it is... i believe you all have a forum of your own... so unless your here to give any useful, positive advice then leave "our" forum alone and go write in your own forum... if you dont like EY so much then why spend your precious time writing about it and visiting the EY forum... there is obviously something that the other airlines aren't forfilling.. which is why your so interested about the EY forum and what the EY is doing.

Anyways... much help would be greatly appreciated in answering the above.. many thanks

:ok::ok::ok:

AUH75
16th Jun 2007, 11:32
Hello Casablanca85,

I fly for EY for a couple of years now, being an ex CC of EK, I really suprised to read ur opinion about the joining Crew of EY. I m sure that u have never flown on EY and worth never visited AUH. Than what do u know about our working condition?????? ONLY rumors! :D

In comparison on EY B777/300 there is at least 50 less than on EK B 777/300 and I have many examples like this. You should compare fact and forget rumors; it does not help Joining Cabin Crew.

I have been in aviation for more that a decade and it s the first time that I post a comment. I have changed my mind when reading Casablanca85’s opinion. Joining Crews are already so confused about leaving every thing behind and these kinds of comments are not helpful. If it s not to post constructive feedback and real experience, I think you shouldn’t confused them more.

All joining Crew have signed an offer letter with the term and condition of employment, they know what to expect for EY. (as u did Casablanca85, when u join EK). For those who are thinking to apply most of the information are on EY website.

EY is not perfect, but what EY have achieved in less than 4 years what other airlines have done in 20 years. Just to remind u that EK have started with B727 leased for PIA for couple for years. Crew joining EY will flight on bright new planes (except few leased ones).

Last advice, EY doesn’t have any ban, if you are not happy EY Management is really open to constructive feedback (but not to galley gossips), or Join any other airlines.

I hope that this will help few of u.

Wish all the best, where ever u have decided to go:O

philippe747
17th Jun 2007, 02:02
hi all....so me,once again, i m spending hours to read all your posts, and it is very interseting to know that i m the only one dying and waiting. so, once again, i apllied online for direct entry for CM, 14 days of waiting and torture to get an invitation for the assesment...i hope i get something this week...i have tons of things going through my mind....i have a few questions :
- let's say, i go through the final interview, and imagine, they decide i m not good enough for CM, will they offer me to be CC first ?????
- for the Xrays, do I have to do it in AUH or in my country ?
- How is the group discussion ??
- how come that "relaxed people" made it through and other "F/A like" didn't like i read earlier in your posts ?
- any tips are more than welcome...

I m getting nuts, and as I can read, i m not the only one, i don't want to think how it will be after the interview...

I understand, you all guys, this waiting is a torture, but it s worth it, really...
For all of you who made it, and really to training, i wish you a lot of luck, and i really pray and hope to see you all in training very sooN...

for the new guys, i will keep you informed, and from the "future EY crews", any info is more than welcome..

Waiting is so hard.....

I wish you all all the best, and we kkep in touch here...

phil

ozziegirl
17th Jun 2007, 05:00
Hi,

I have just been speaking to recruitment and my medicals have been cleared!!

i am going to be in 1st July batch group....

She said to me on the phone that i will get my flight tickets 3 days before i am meant to leave....

so just a question .... what happens now, when do they send the contract out etc... and do we have to do anything on our end obtaining a visa??
Also applying for a drivers licence in UAE do we do that when we go over there or can we do it here in AUstralia....

SO many questions, would appreciate some feedback

Thanks guys!!

EYtruth
17th Jun 2007, 08:12
Hey Ozziegirl,

congrats, u r finally here! :)
As for the contract they should send u copy through email, as u need to sign one page and fax it (or email it) back. They will do the visa for u as well, and they will send u scaned copy on email. U must print that copy as u will travel with it and enter UAE.
They should also send u all these data on email or u can rush them, as they can be quite slow sometimes. For example I got my ticket 2 days before trip!
For the driving license u have to apply in UAE. If u already have one, than all u have to do is to transfer your aussie license to UAE one (again in UAE).

ozziegirl
17th Jun 2007, 11:43
Thank You!!

You have been very helpful!!

CC23
17th Jun 2007, 11:56
I would just like to tell everyone that im very excited to be going.... and thank you for all the helpful advice that has been posted on this forum... most of it does help.. as HR can sometimes be very vague...

Good luck to all those that are applying and going through interviews, medicals and the dreaded waiting... just be patient! it will pay off!! And keep reading and participating positively in these forums as they do give you tremendous help when everything seems so confusing and never ending and you feel like you just want to...:ugh:

Thanks All!!!

Mwah Mwah Xx

philippe747
17th Jun 2007, 14:18
hi guys....i know, a lot of you are talking here about your clearances, medicals, etc.....can somebody help us with the first steps....please...HEELLPPPPPPPPP

so, i applied online foe CM....i m waiting for now for two weeks, and still nothing....a friend told me that she was waiting more than one month and a half, and this would be because no assessment are schedulded for the country in question eg.france, germany,....

so, can you tell me , when you applied online, how long did you wait for an invitation...

She told me also, there is only one day of assessments in AUH..true ???

Another friend who applied for CM,,got an answer within 2 weeks...and clearnce, everything was done in 2 weeks...lucky....she got the tickets and hotel paid, but is it true that for CC, you have to pay yourself the tickets, hotels.. evrything is paid only for CM ?? true ???

please guys, EYtruth, EYCC, and the rest, please we need your help too....this waiting drives us nuts :ugh::ugh::ugh:

thanks in advance

evoL
17th Jun 2007, 14:23
Hi all, does anybody know how many crew in total does EY and EK have?

Thanks

AUH75
17th Jun 2007, 15:40
EY around 2000 - EK 8500 CC

Take Care

oneworldairline
18th Jun 2007, 06:46
Hey guys was wondering does anyone know wat i should start packing LOL i have no clue im so lost and was wondering does the etihad uniform for the male have shoes provided cause i dont know if i should buy shoes here hehehehe :)

Oh and for aussie crew do we need to do anything with regards to visas and how did they plan the trip for u to AUH?

thanks OWA

mzdurga
18th Jun 2007, 07:56
Hi Guys,

I just got my medical reports back and the Doc says it's good to go. However, I noticed that 2 of my counts (CBC test - Monocytes and Eosinophils) were slightly elevated and they do not fall within the normal range but the doc says it's really minor and there's no need to re-do the test. Do you guys have any idea if this would pose as a problem with the medical authorities in Etihad?? Should I email Ryan to check?

Please help!! I am just so worried!!:confused: Any info will be appreciated

TIA

CC23
18th Jun 2007, 07:56
hey oneworldair... im thinking you should pack all different types of clothing....winter and summer.. as you'd be travelling all over to different climates.. but mainly lots of summer clothes..

shoes... i'd imagine they'd at least tell you what shoes to buy so all the guys look the same

Visa.. i've been told by many others on here that they organise ur visa and send the details to u with ur flight details a few days before u fly out (anyone correct me if im wrong)... so you dont have to do anything.

Where in Australia are you from... im from Melbourne? what batch are u.. when do u fly out??

melboy
18th Jun 2007, 10:36
Melbournians,
Congratilations on being accepted!
I myself have just accepted the job today!
I am anticipating to fly out Aug 12. as i have a few things to do before hand!
I will start my med tests in a few weeks, and hope it all goes ok!
Once again, congrats!
Melboy:)

philippe747
18th Jun 2007, 11:12
hi there,

did any of you appy for CM, and sent the application online at the beginning of the month ??? I heard that they dont need that many anymore ?? will they offer CC instead ???
does anybody know ????

skychild
18th Jun 2007, 11:33
Hey all,

I need to get in contact with Ryan however have misplaced his email could someone post it or send it on to me... Hope your all well..... :)

chilli13
18th Jun 2007, 13:12
Thank you to the members that are posting the positive upbeat replys on the forum..:ok:

Its a huge step to take for some people and can be quite daunting for those that have never been away from home let alone travelled..:sad:

I,m wondering if anyone knows how long after you have submitted your medical forms that you will get clearance for your visa?..

Also for anyone who thinks they might be joining around mid july would be great to hear from you!

xx:O

philippe747
18th Jun 2007, 14:28
hi there...

i applied online for CM three weeks ago...i just got an email saying thy have interest in my application but they are not scheduling further interviews at the moment for that position.....:{:{:{:{
do you know if they are still looking for CC ???
what should i do now ???
i m so disappointed :{:{:{

Samara
19th Jun 2007, 01:15
Hi Philippe747

I have sent you a pm, it might help you with some answers to your previous and current posts.

Feel free to pm me if you have any additional questions, not that I have all the answers, but I might be able to help out.

Samara.

skychild
19th Jun 2007, 01:47
i received the same email also, what else do you know about that?

debug
19th Jun 2007, 05:54
Hi there, I am from Kuala Lumpur. Read through your concern. Yes I have submitted my medical forms on 12th June. And yesterday I got an email from Ryan that it is still in the process. Not sure when it will come back with 100% clearance but I certainly hope it would be soon. When did you submit your medical reports to Ryan? Should I hear anything from Ryan, I will drop you a note. Regards.

lindaflychick
19th Jun 2007, 08:25
just bit of info weeflygirl who has recently gone out to abu dhabi says its fantastic! She was met at the airport, she said apartments are lovely, its very cheap over there, the girls uniforms are lovely as yet she does not have a bad word to say and also the planes are lovely. she was very nervous about going but thinks she has made the right decision for her

Linda x

AN_24
19th Jun 2007, 10:15
Hi debug, same thing with me. I submitted mine on 12th. received mail yesterday, but also called Ryan, hE told me that the medicals will be ready this week. So I suppose, we have to receive some info next monday latest. Keep in touch!:)

ozziegirl
19th Jun 2007, 10:17
Hi,

Could someone please tell me how long after you have submitted your medicals do you receive you contract??

Earning your trust
19th Jun 2007, 11:39
:OAfter the long wait god answered my prayers I MADE IT GUYS....I RECEIVED MY CONTRACT VIA EMAIL YESTERDAY :O:O:O

bhabiefly
19th Jun 2007, 11:43
manila people / june 24:rolleyes:

has anyone got thier flight details?? i believe most of us was moved to july1.. haven't got any call or email from ryan if i'll be moved to the next batch.. anyone knows the reason why?? keep everyone updated if you have any news.....:hmm:

ozziegirl

hey,after you passed your medicals they will have to check on it first and if you passed then thats the time that they will give you contract... that will take just 1 week.. so just pray that there's no problem on your medicals.. gud luck!!:O

peachesvalera
19th Jun 2007, 14:40
hey bhabiefly.. called ryan this morning.. he was unable to give me exact flight details, however, he told me that i am sure to leave this weekend.. was not able to ask who i will be with but most people i know was moved on july1.. i'm a bit scared because i only know of 1 person that i will be with this coming weekend.. from what i know, people who were scheduled to leave last week was moved to this week since their papers didn't make it on time..

@ozziegirl
hello! it would take a week or 2 before you receive your contract upon sending your medical results..

philippe747
19th Jun 2007, 14:44
hi skychild....so, i dont give up...and i m not gonna wait....so, if they don't need CM for now, just god knows when the will contact us again...
so , what i will do qnd what i suggest you, is to call overthere..
i will apply simply as CC.. the most important is to be there, and once you there, then later on, you can apply for CM, as i think that they rather take intern CC to become supervisor or CM...what do you think...
the problem is when will be able to apply for CC, and where..i know they have locations all over the places...but i would like to goto AUH for the assessment, a friend told me that they still need a lot of CC, so we have to "hurry", and take aknowledge of the assessments....
so i will call them tomorrow, and i will PM you with all the news...
once again, the email we got is not a refusal, ...so the hope is still there....what do you think guys overthere ???? am i right ????
thanks for replies...

philippe747
19th Jun 2007, 14:57
can somebody PM me the phone number where i can reach RYAN ??? thanks guys...

ZaFlyGuy
19th Jun 2007, 23:51
Hey guys..

just wanna know..What comms facilities does EY provide...Do the rooms have free internet / wireless internet etc ?

Also Im familiar with the Etisalat prepaid system in UAE , how is the roaming on this card and is this the cheapest option should we be travelling worldwide?

debug
20th Jun 2007, 03:48
Hi Earning, may we know the gap or number of days you have waited between medical reports submission and contracts given? AN_24 and myself have waited since 12th June altho we have been advised medical clearance takes about a week. Anxiety is killing. Greatly appreciated if you can advise us. Thanks in advance! :)

pinkus
21st Jun 2007, 08:45
Ryan is going to be even busier now that you posted his direct number on a public forum doofus.

TanyaD
21st Jun 2007, 14:16
Hey Epstein22

Just wanted to say congratulations and I look forward to seeing you around the training college.

Please don't be nervous about coming here, there are plenty of aussies.

I have been here for three weeks now and absolutely love it. Everything is fantastic and my training group all feel the same, so enjoy.

That's all I wanted to say, I've got to go and study.

Look forward to meeting you

evoL
21st Jun 2007, 16:15
Thanks AUH75. Really appreciate it.

I've ben arranged to stay in Al Hur Building. Can someone tell me how is it like? Nice?

Thank you.

CC23
22nd Jun 2007, 12:33
Thanks for ur comment on Ryans details... its all about helping eachother out, thats what this forum is about and not hiding the details... yeah his gonna be busy, he always is... besides its not a private number... you know people can call the HR office and find out easily anyways ..duh! :ugh:

evoL
22nd Jun 2007, 15:23
Thank you Nickvan. Much appreciated.

My training will be on the 24th. I didn't get any email regarding tix, visa etc till this morning. My flight will be tmr on 23rd arriving AUH on the 24th at midnight and my pick-up will be at 0700. :{ LOL!

Nevertheless, people in EY is really really helpful and friendly..:ok: So, this lil glitch is forgiven. hehe.

Wish me luck all!

highfly69
22nd Jun 2007, 19:40
Hello, i received the contract for cm just a few questions before i make the final decision to move to AUH.
1. how much is the average monthly payment also layover allowance
2. what is the pay for the training (5 weeks basic, 2-4 weeks shadowing, 5 days cm)
3. how much do i earn when i have to call in sick/occupational
4. what about retirement money or pension funds every paycheck
5. medical check in auh (have current license)
6. monthly roster (days off, trades, trip requests)
7. do i have to take 30 days leave in 1 month or able to split?
8. standby travel (offline and Etihad)
9. glasses or contacts lenses?
10. accommodation (TV? etc.)

I am sorry to ask all questions, but i have a very flexible Job with good pay and i would love to work for Etihad but i need your support to risk my 11 year contract :confused:against Etihad 2 years... Your help is greatly appreciated.:)

plastic
23rd Jun 2007, 04:50
1.The monthly payment is somewhere around 14.000-15.000 AED/Month for CMs.this includes the allowances.
2.During the initial training period you will be paid with your basic salary.
3.When you call sick you get paid only with the basic salary for that day.
4.The company doesen't have a retirement scheme for CC or CM :ugh:, so what you earn is what you get in the bank account.
5.You will have to do them in the first week of training.
6.You get an average of 8-10 days off per month, one request (flight or days off),and one swap pe month.
7.You can split the leave in maximum 3 slots.each slot must have a minimum of 7 days. (as per 2007 leave request rules).
8.you are entiteled to SBY travel.you can travel on most of the major carriers in the world.
9.only contact lensses are permitted.
10.fully furnished accomodation (tv, washing machine, microwave, etc.)
I hope this helps a little. :)

weeflygirl
23rd Jun 2007, 08:47
Hi Guys

I havent had time to run through all the posts but I thought I'd put an update on!

Well I am here in AUH and its fab I've been up to DXB and I can honestly say I prefer AUH its nicer cheaper and the traffic is a lot better here.

The apartments are nice white walls nice furniture when you get your permanent apartment you get a welcome box daft things like ironing boards washing up liquid stuff to get you started basically.

Training is going well although there are loads of crew starting about 50 of us last week, so it can be hectic, Its not perfect but take into consideration everything moves slower in the UAE compared to places like the UK.
Everyone has been so sweet and helpful getting us settled,

I think joining EY at this time was the best decisions I made.

I flew LHR to AUH with EY and the flights are amazing by far the best flight I have ever been on.

Cant wait to meet you all

Avon x

peachesvalera
23rd Jun 2007, 10:02
Hey everyone!

We're here in Abu Dhabi all ready! It's real it's real! I'm with bhabiefly, summer, airbizwacks. We're sharing the same building and the same floor... Will start our training tomorrow..

For those who are still waiting... keep the faith and keep on praying.. See you soon! ;)

chilli13
23rd Jun 2007, 10:48
Holla weeflygirl..

I,m so glad your enjoying yourself over there and everything is going well for you!..

Not long now, till i will be joining you over there - possibly 15 July Batch..
I,m sooo excited!.. :O

Hows the sun over there?.. Will i need to bring a high factor(sun block)?..

For training can you wear short sleeved shirts or will you be required to cover your arms?..

How far from your Apt is the training center and also will you be giving any allowances whilst your training?.. How much would you say you will probably need for your first month?

Sorry Chica for all the questions if anyone else can answer also would be great!..

Thank You much xx :ok:

EYtruth
23rd Jun 2007, 11:25
Guys,
we just got memo saying that 250 AED duty day was a mistake in new joiners contracts!!! Like, the real value is 210 AED and 250 AED will be starting in october!
Nickvan, Ozziegirl and the rest of u guys who already came here, did u get any info on this?

philippe747
23rd Jun 2007, 12:30
hello weeflygirl and the rest...

I m really happy for you guys, that you are overthere and that everythng is so great and wonderful...

I hope i will one of you in a few weeks....ok, i'm nowhere....still waiting for the invitation but ryan old me it will be end of july, early august....

i wish you good luck for you training and a lot of success !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to see you all overthere, may be in a few months...i keep praying....

ps for highfly69....see girl, how it nice it is overthere...you won t look at your trees anymore, you will look at plam trees :O

i hope evrything will be ok for me, that i can meet you all there....can not wait....

congratulations again :D:D

ozziegirl
24th Jun 2007, 04:09
Hi, I received my contract, and yes i do have that duty amount 210.... Is this what all the new people are getting.....

A330habib
24th Jun 2007, 04:36
are they still paying new crew less than crew that have been there longer?

bhabiefly
24th Jun 2007, 11:53
hi everyone.. its our first day of training today.. we had a good accomodation in here but for the rest its not that.. im just lucky to have a flat with our own room each..

for those people who are waiting.. dont worry, just spend your time with friends and family coz when ryan says you'll leave nxt week then you have to and might not have time for your loved ones..

ill be seeing everyone here in AUH.. Good luck!! and keep praying.. God Bless!!

philippe747
24th Jun 2007, 12:49
hey bh....what do you mean "we got a nice accomodation but the rest is not that......" it is not that what ????? just curious.....

good luck for your training !!!!!

i keep praying to see all of you overthere in a few months....

phil

Gloria
25th Jun 2007, 00:12
I was told over the weekend that a number of Jetstar crew are applying to Etihad in the belief that a Sydney base for Etihad crew is to be established. Does anyone know if this is true or just wishful thinking??? Was this discussed in the recent open days here in Australia? Happy Flying.

Samara
25th Jun 2007, 12:41
Not sure if EY are looking at having a base in SYD for cabin crew. I heard that they are looking at employing flight deck crew through an agency to work out of SYD on a contractual basis, terms and conditions not that good though. I may be incorrect, but I was lead to believe that the offer is only open to pilots. If anyone else know anything else or can correct me on what I've heard, would be interested to hear.

bhabiefly
26th Jun 2007, 15:42
hei there sorry bout that.. nwei ive got a nice accomocation or what they call flat.. its a unit where there are just 3 of you with your own bedrooms.. but others have villas, im not sure if they have the own rooms but ive heard its not that good from what we have..yahh, hope to see you guys here.. its really hot in here..

TightSlot
26th Jun 2007, 16:39
Several posts deleted today - This thread is not for OMG I'm so excited or Good Luck comments - use email or texts for all that

Posts must ask either questions or answer them or at least discuss something

pinkus
26th Jun 2007, 19:36
Where do you crazy kids get this stuff from. No one lives in villas. There are a few crew who have taken the allowance and have their own accomodation. Maybe they live in a villa but I am talking like 10 people out of 2000

Amelia84
27th Jun 2007, 06:14
Hey does anyone have any inside goss on what happened with those Australian guys on the Etihad flight...man it is causing some bad press for Etihad here in oz. As soon as I tell anyone I am going to work for Etihad, all they know them by is that incident..its so annoying.

I think Etihad really need to go into some sort of damage control here...

The Australians are telling the press here that all they did was drink alcohol that was given to them by Etihad staff and then took sleeping pills. They also complained about the bad service on the flight.

I think they look like gross individuals who now regret their behaviour and are trying to salvage what dignity they have left.

Anyone know any inside info???

epstein22
27th Jun 2007, 08:31
Hey, know what you mean. Everytime I tell someone I am working over with Etihad, they always mention the Ausie guys in the news. Geeze...I mean who would have thought a bunch of Aussie guys would get drunk on an airplane??? Clearly Etihad isnt even in the wrong and did what any airline would do.
I think it would be wise for Etihad to hire more Australian men in cabin crew, to assist with dealing with these kinda travellers. I pity the poor cabin crew working at the time!

Gloria
27th Jun 2007, 11:32
I have recently flown to AUH with Etihad , & to be honest the service is lacking in experience, but certainly not in effort. Etihad know where they need to be & will make it. My advice to anyone thinking about EY, give it a go-look at their destinations, tax free income & honestly AUH is great! In another 12 months EY will be really great.

The 2 guys you talk about , you should note no longer work for the company that sent them to AUH, that's right & by the way weren't they given a suspended sentence!!!! Come on, bad press for EY in Australian newspapers, I don't how cause another aussie carrier has all the press to themselves!!!
Remember EY is about "experience & adventure", go there with that in mind & that is what you will find. Goodluck.

Nickvan
28th Jun 2007, 12:31
Yes Etihad is aiming for the Australian Market & Its competition. But come on guys. :ugh:

Losing a few Australian Guests and business over this saga. Isnt going to put Etihad into Damage Control or Huge decline in the Oz-Europe Market with EY.

I believe EY with over 40 routes in which we serve we can sustain its business and ofcourse plenty more destinations to opening up. :p

In due time things will pickup again. Im on AUH-SYD-AUH next month. So should be a great flight even though we have a 24hr layover :}

CC23
28th Jun 2007, 12:51
Gees talk about last minute... its thursday and havent recieved my flight details... was told i was leaving saturday.... is this normal???:ugh:

peachesvalera
28th Jun 2007, 13:26
yep! last minute tickets are very normal.. LoL!

i got my confirmation less than 12 hours before my actual flight..

etihadCC
28th Jun 2007, 14:49
if anyone here would like/need some advice regarding anything with the CC training/job process at Etihad do e-mail me or PM me. I was reading this forum like crazy 3 weeks ago trying to figure out if i was going at all. now that im here with Etihad i can actually see what all the positives and negatiives are. Im happy to inform its a great company to work for. If you need any additional info feel free to msg me. i will be more than happy to help.

kind regards
EtihadCC

CC23
28th Jun 2007, 19:23
I got my tickets today.. I leave sunday july 1st from Melbourne Airport.... They've booked me a ticket with the other airline...Emirates... and I'm landing in Duabi...I'm guessing its because Melbourne do not have an Etihad Base only sydney does... is this normal to be flying with these guys????... oh and I'm also guessing that the itinery is in Australian Time even though the tickets were booked in the UAE????

Help!! :ugh:

p.s good luck to everyone waiting.. just be patient it will pay off :ok:

pp.s is anyone from melbourne or Australia or non Australian on a similar flight or joing date let me know please!!!!

Amelia84
29th Jun 2007, 00:01
Hey does anyone else start training on 29 July??

FinK
1st Jul 2007, 04:00
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the medical clearance.
I have passed all the interviews and received a call from Etihad Agent here in Malaysia 1 month ago telling me I was in and had to send my medical report. I prepared everything and sent it 2 weeks ago by email to Etihad.

Now, do you know how long it takes for them in average to come back to me with medical clearance (do they even come back to me if there is a problem with the clearance?) I sent them an email a week ago but no answer.

I need to have an idea because I will have to quit my job and organize myself around this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

F.

epstein22
2nd Jul 2007, 02:38
hi there. Im in the same boat...kind of! I have already resigned from my current job, sent back my medical details and still waiting to hear if all is ok and when im heading off. Its kind of a waiting game I think. It sounds like everyone has had to wait for confirmation at this stage. Should be all good!

hostie3333
2nd Jul 2007, 04:56
To all crew who work for Etihad are you able to help out a VVIP flight attendant who is very very keen to get a job with your fantastic campany....l have sent a number of CV's off to the address on the web site....but as the old saying goes it is better to know some-one within the company to hand in your CV.
l am sure l have all the experience they require but l live in Australia, and due to my current flying commitments l did not have the change to attend the open days they held in Australia.;)
l am sure if some-one from HR could just read my CV they might give me a call.
Please any help would be great..:D:D:D

debug
3rd Jul 2007, 11:22
Firstly I would like to thank everyone here for their contribution in all the information published at PPRuNe. Yes I have my clearance done and good to go after 3 weeks of anxiety. To those whom have yet to receive any news, do hold on there. I am sure it all would turns out well and fine. Meanwhile, take good care and see you all there soon. Regards :)

philippe747
3rd Jul 2007, 18:05
Hi there....for those of you who want to join Etihad, and waiting for interviews...
I applied online like 14 days ago...How does it work with the invitations for the assessments days...it says "invitation via online application" but my question is where it will take place..do we have just to wait for them to contact us , or do we have to contact them to tell where we want to get the interview ???
thanks for your help and answers on that ...
phil

mmarcin4
3rd Jul 2007, 18:34
I am still waiting for the inviation, thay are going to be in Bratislava next saturday, but I am not sure if I will be invited:(

NNicoleF
3rd Jul 2007, 20:26
Everything in this thread it seems is mostly about recruitment and how to make it to the company.

i was just wondering if there is anyone here that is already working for the airline who would be able to shed us some light on how the company really is and how it treats its staff. (ive just read about a few airlines mistreating their staff and having unimaginably strict house rules) got me worried.

I just basically wanted to have an idea on what im going to get myself into specially when i have never worked for an overseas employer before.

any information would be great.

otherwise ive heard nothing but pros about the company and i cant wait to work for them. just really wanted to have an idea more about the cons.

epstein22
4th Jul 2007, 03:20
Hi guys, I was just reading some useful info on the Etihad website about VISA's.
"Items needed to apply for a visa: Full name and nationality as per your passport, mother’s maiden name, your date of arrival, flight details, photocopy of passport pages showing holder’s details, (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after arrival), colour passport photograph, a refundable deposit of AED 3000 and non-refundable visa fee of AED 150 per application."
Do we have to pay money when we come into the counrty or does Etihad do that??

CCE
4th Jul 2007, 09:03
Hi, I just wondered if anyone else from the UK was given a start date of July 8th?? Have you recieved any flight details yet?
Thanx

mzdurga
4th Jul 2007, 09:20
Hi epstein22,

Etihad will make the necessary arrangements for the visa and they will email it to us along with the e-ticket. The original visa will be given to us when we arrive. Got this info from a currect CC from Etihad.

HTHs

tormo
4th Jul 2007, 11:36
Hi CCE,

Im flying from dublin on the 6th to start training on the 8th!
I was told earlier today i would get them tomorrow!Have u received ur tickets and contract yet???

oneworldairline
4th Jul 2007, 14:24
Hey guys, we're waiting for our tickets too. We got a starting date of 8th of July so will see you there hey? its just so hard to organise final dinners and family get together when u dont know when you are leaving.

But everythin is packed and ready and u guys?

its all happening now

OWA

CCE
5th Jul 2007, 01:21
Iv been given a new start date of the 15th July cuz they havent got my visa ready apparently. So got another week in sunny England!
x

CCE
5th Jul 2007, 01:23
.......................Oh yeh sorry I had my contract a week ago
x

jess.s
5th Jul 2007, 01:25
Hi everyone!

I’m not sure if this question has been posted previously? I did look first but I cant find anything.

I am going to submit my resume to Etihad online.

My question is “HOW DO I FORMAT IT?”:confused:

I have a pretty heavily formatted resume in WORD, I am unsure if I can keep it as is, or if I should convert it to plain text. I would hate for them to open it and have all the formatting go crazy and have my resume look more like some kind of puzzle! Lol – I don’t think this would be a good first impression!

Can someone please help?
Thank you VERY much guys!!

Jess
xo

philippe747
6th Jul 2007, 07:52
hi crabbie...i think there is q little misunderstanding...lol
i m not in AUH...i m just waiting patiently to get an interview....
i m still in belgium for now....
anyway, thanks for your post...
keep you informed hoy things are going...
philippe

crabbiefatty
6th Jul 2007, 12:15
hi philippe

i'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

thank you and take care

Frostii
6th Jul 2007, 14:21
Hello There,

I'm new around here & currently thinking of applying to EY Cabin Crew.
I kept fiddling through all comments posted around here, gota say I found some wonderful yet SHOCKING things !

I'd really be grateful if someone can help answer my questions:

Q1. How much is "end-of-the-month" salary calculated to ?
(I heard some peeps say that they decreased then they increased the salary, so i'm not following that much).

Q2. What's the security clearance ?

Q3. What does the medical clearance consist of ? (is it compulsory ? I mean can I do few of the tests only)

Q4. I read that they ask you to pick something (newspaper, cup, mobile, etc) & tell the reason behind choosing it.... WTH is that suppose to prove ?

Q5. How many blokes passed & became admitted in the CC of EY ? (cause if its a low possibility I don't want to waste my time hassling through all this)

Thanks and regards again,

pinkus
6th Jul 2007, 14:22
GF I think its you that needs the luck. Your airline is going broke we just took almost 300 crew and pilots who were out of a job from Gulf.

Dilys
6th Jul 2007, 16:57
Greetings! I am very much trying to get hired by Etihad for a Cabin Crew position, but have been turned down once already - I was wondering, sincce you were successful, do you have any ideas of what they are looking for or how to improve my chances?

Thanks a million!! :)

Sincerely,
Dilys

fly_guy100
6th Jul 2007, 16:57
Anyone know if I can attend training while I'm 19 but turning 20 at the end of training since 20 years old is the age requirement or do you have to be 20 AT THE TIME OF THE APPLICATION. Please, can anyone help?! Thanks a lot!

NNicoleF
6th Jul 2007, 17:22
I believe you would have to be 20 by the time of the application.

i went to an assesment with a girl last may in toronto. and she succesfully made it to the final interviews and everything. all she really needed was to wait for her offer. 2 weeks into the waiting period she got an email from them and instead of an offer she got a "we are no longer going ahead with your applications"
she was a really good candidate but when she called to double check on why she didnt get it..she was told that basically she needed to be 20 and to try the next time theyre in town. (her bday is in august)

hope that helped.
good luck

GF{crew}
6th Jul 2007, 18:51
pinkus ur righ we need the luck and about the crew you have from our crew is not out of job they choose to leave not a single one been force to leave GF and they are more then 300 :ok:

crabbiefatty
7th Jul 2007, 01:52
We experienced the same plight.

I flunked the first assessment however I made it on the second but I'm still waiting for my visa.

I think they need a candidate who's bubbly, has confidence and could mingle with the group even if its the first time you had the chance to meet them.

Just try and try, in time you'll suceed.

All the best for you dear.

pinkus
7th Jul 2007, 18:04
Oh she's here already....

aero-guy
8th Jul 2007, 13:35
Hi!!
Can anyone who is currently flying for EY let me know how much aprox. are they getting a month?? let´s say a brand new cabin crew... in AED??? Do they give you cash allowence in the hotels while on layover??? or are the meals paid??? anyway... just would like to know aprox. how much AED a month... THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitelace
8th Jul 2007, 19:19
there has been so many rivalries between EY current crew and joining GF crew (they call it bridging crew). this is happening since the lot of 300 of them joined us. each thinking one is better than the other.
1)ey crew could learn from the more experienced ones
2)gf bridging ones could still give the respect to those who had been here since the beginning of this company ; if they are protective of their territory, you are coming into theirs. so, show them that ur not a threat.

partly mgmt is partly to be blamed too for this rivalries. look at the benefits given to those who have JUST joined.... :rolleyes: it's just so chaotic, and yet they're asking, why this happens!

p/s ; i've no complains about these as nothing was taken away from me. and i get what is mine :D

whitelace
8th Jul 2007, 19:32
auh75, u are in EY? just being curious.

Dilys
8th Jul 2007, 20:12
Dear EtihadCC!
Greetings! I was wondering if you have anything to add to what crabbiefatty 's advice was (thanks crabbiefatty!! :)) I am very much trying to get hired by Etihad for a Cabin Crew position, but have been turned down once already - I was wondering, sincce you were successful, do you have any ideas of what they are looking for or how to improve my chances?

Thanks a bunch crabbiefatty (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=177661) vbmenu_register("postmenu_3398954", true); !! COngratulations!!, you got the job!! :)

Sincerely,
Dilys
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/forums/report.php?p=3398282) http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

EYIceland
8th Jul 2007, 23:31
hi you all!

Congratulations to all of you that have made it!:)
There are recruiters coming to Iceland the 27th of July! And I am considering applying!

Is the interview difficult? Do I need to prepare for weeks?
And also.. is there a dresscode for us ladies during the days off? Do we have to cover up, let's say, to go shopping or have a day at the beach?

I am quite nervous about it hehe.

But best of luck to all of you!! Hopefully I'll be seeing you in Abu Dhabi soon ;)

crabbiefatty
10th Jul 2007, 03:58
Hi!

I think every assessor has their on perception on who, what character/attitude or so on of wanabees they will get. Its a matter of luck hehe ;)

Common try and try.. During the assessment I'm only thinking of one thing, whatever happens, I will get this job today!

And it transpired!:p

Just show your confidence, be imaginative and mingle!

Warm regards

ozziegirl
10th Jul 2007, 05:01
Hi guys,

i am just wondering is there a public holiday over in AUH today? i have tried ringing recruitment all day yesterday and today... no one is picking up ....

EYtruth
10th Jul 2007, 06:14
Whitelace,
which benefits they got?

CCE
10th Jul 2007, 10:50
Hi just a quick question?
I got told that I was starting on the 8th july, when ryan sent me my contract then it got changed to the 15th July. Just getting a bit worried and just wondered if this has happened to anyone else???

ozziegirl
10th Jul 2007, 11:45
Hi guys,
i was told that i would be receiving my travel documents this Thursday/Friday.
My departure date is on Sunday 15th July.
It is all happening so quickly, i am really excited!!

CCE
10th Jul 2007, 12:47
So you got told that you would get your travel docs thurs or fri? I might give them a call tomorrow cuz of my work here I need to know for definate if I am going this week
x

Jellie
10th Jul 2007, 13:04
Hi Ozziegirl

Did you manage to speak to someone on the phone today? I've been trying as well!

chilli13
10th Jul 2007, 21:55
Hey Everyone

I will be joining the training on the 22nd of July..

Is anyone else joining on that date that will be flying out from the UK?..

Or anywhere else will be great to hear from you!!! :)

ozziegirl
11th Jul 2007, 01:33
Hi guys,

My departure date is now Saturday 14th instead of Sunday.
Ryan sent me an email saying that my visa and travel documents are getting prepared as we speak...

Chilli, i would write an email...

ozziegirl
11th Jul 2007, 01:36
Sorry Chilli,

I meant for JELLIE to write the email...

whitelace
11th Jul 2007, 04:38
Basically, its the accomodations. CMs that was promoted still stuck in HJ building (...not abbv for the CEO, ok, lol) however, this new lot already placed in single apartments, rar!!!! and they are still in training. the rest of it, you'll know.... complaints, regulations, unfairness..... blah, blah, blah...

whitelace
11th Jul 2007, 04:44
Abu dhabi is quite a modern country, though people still will frown at you with hotpants or bare midriff in shopping malls cos we are anyhow in a Muslim country. U may dress anyhow you'd like, in moderation. What else can i tell you....:hmm:
Clubs, beach are obviously with proper dresscodes.

AD is much quieter and easier to get around compared to Dubai. Really, its not that bad. I've been here awhile myself and loving it.....:ok:

Jellie
11th Jul 2007, 06:36
Thanks Ozziegirl, congratulations and hope you get your travel docs & visa soon!

Chilli13,
Congratulations to you also. How long did it take to have your medical cleared? I've been waiting for 2 weeks now & starting to think they've forgotten me!

CCE
11th Jul 2007, 09:55
Hi i spoke to etihad and I am leaving from manchester either friday or saturday!! Anyone else starting training on 15th???
x

leekj1018
11th Jul 2007, 10:43
Hi, Ozzy girl. Guess who I am...
Hi, CCI ! I also start on the 15th.
My name is KJ from South Korea.
See you all there...:D:D:D

philippe747
11th Jul 2007, 10:54
hi guys,

for all of you who are leaving to AUH and begin training, i wish you good luck and a lot of success...
I hope to join you very soon
:D:D:D
philippe from belgium

CCE
11th Jul 2007, 11:58
Congratulations to evryone:D, cant believe that I am actually going now.
See you there!:O

ozziegirl
11th Jul 2007, 13:30
Hey CCE, i am starting training on the 15th fly out on Saturday...
HI Leekj1018 - Welcome to Pprune!!!!! I will see you Saturday/Sunday, i am so excited now!!!!!
I spoke with Kate the other girl from our group and she wont be coming over until July 29th early August, so i think we are the early birds from the group!!!!

To the July 15th batch group - i can't wait to see you!!!

oneworldairline
11th Jul 2007, 15:15
Hey ozzie gurl me too im starting on the 15th.. Are u flyin out from BNE to SYD then off to AUH? When isyour flight... Cause hopefully we can catch up in sydney ... i was told im leavin on sat and get there on sat night but dont have to attend the first day of trainning cause we'll be in too late..

let me know ok talk to u soon and congradsin gettin in

OWA

Nickvan
11th Jul 2007, 16:11
Hey all who are yet to arrive,

Abu Dhabi is a great place to be. A much slower pace then DXB. But im enjoying it. Abu Dhabi City is made for Etihad...we get alot of staff percs, discounts etc etc.. so not to worry.

Oneworldalliance :) Congrats on making it through... One of my mates is also flying with you from Sydney. So you wont be alone on the flight. You might end up being flatmates.. :}

Dont worry they fly people over a day before training...and let me tell you..everyone who does arrive..always goes the first day..like we did :O

bes&dsky
11th Jul 2007, 17:08
Does anyone know when and where is the assessment for cabin crew of Etihad in the Philippines?? Thanks!:)

ozziegirl
11th Jul 2007, 23:51
Hi Oneworldairline,

Yes, they will be flying me down to Sydney from Brisbane and then Syd to Abu Dhabi,

How are you going with your packing...
I hope i dont go over the 60Kg mark!!!
we should definately meet at the airport...

ozziegirl
12th Jul 2007, 00:32
Could anyone please tell me how many United Arab Dirham would be needed to bring over (whilst in the training time)... thanks guys!!

leekj1018
12th Jul 2007, 01:43
I am off to Abu Dhabi this Sat. So excited about new life.
Can anyone tell me about accommodation during the training ?
Is that temporary only for training ?
Are you guys sharing the bedroom or having your own room ?
I know I can find out in a few days...
Anyway I am looking forward to seeing everyone there.
We can be goooooooooood friends.
See you very soon.

KJ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx:ok:

oneworldairline
12th Jul 2007, 02:54
Hey do u want to email me? i cant pvt u to give u my details... we should catch up before the flight. my email is [email protected] send me an email if u like..and we can keep in contact from there

cool see u there

leekj1018
12th Jul 2007, 09:04
Hi, guys...I am flying out this sat, but I haven't received my ticket yet.
Even though I had a phone call from someone yesterday.
He said he would send me the ticket today.
Getting nervours...I have been trying to ring them up but no one has still picked up. What can I do ?
Ozzie girl, I am sure you got the ticket. :\:(:ugh:

Anyway...see you soon

KJ xxx

CCE
12th Jul 2007, 10:15
Me too Im supposed to be flying out either tommorow or saturday, and i still got no ticket. :confused:. Its making me a little nervous.
x

leekj1018
12th Jul 2007, 12:03
Hi,CCE...We are in the same situation.
I have been trying to ring them up all day...no one answer.
Have no clue what happened...
Actually I really don't mind flying next week,
at least I want to know if I am going or not.
Hope we hear soon from them.:\

bhabiefly
12th Jul 2007, 12:05
dont worry dear.. i got my ticket on the day of departure.. ryan send it to me at 3am and my flight is at 4pm.. just be ready, pack up your things, say bye to everyone so when the ticket is there, your not in rush!! ayt!! gud luck!! see yah in auh...:D

leekj1018
you have your own bedroom.. in one unit there's 3 room..the masters have his own toilet while the two others will share.. im here in the guest house, they said that this is permanent.. but there are other apartments which is better than what i have.. nwei,youll be provided with your first needs also.. like towels,soap,frying pan,cereals for breakfast and etc.. just dont forget to change currency when you reach the airport so you have money to use the next day,because i forgot to do so.. haha!! so,gudluck and see you here..:D

atmosphere
12th Jul 2007, 13:00
Hey, I just applied to Etihad, I flew with them to Aus, and thought it was amazing! what sort of time scale from application to offer/departure do they look at??

leekj1018
12th Jul 2007, 13:22
Thank you for your information.
Hopefully I will get the nicer one.:)
And also I will get the ticket soon.
Thanks. xxx

leekj1018
13th Jul 2007, 00:06
Hi, Ozzie girl I have just got my ticket.
Which hotel are you staying ? I am staying at the Sand hotel.
Let me know where you are staying.
Oneworldairline and CCE i hope you got the ticket too.

Everyone !!!
Is sand hotel permenent or temporary ?:)

KJ xxx

neokay9
13th Jul 2007, 01:07
I'm so angry because other people who are suppose to get a training this Sun. got the flight tickets yesterday but me.

I expected that they would let met know whether I start or not this Sun.
However, I never had any calls from them. I rang them up everytime and got the information, not even once!!!

I know they are so busy and they can't control for VISA.
At least they should have called and told me to wait for another week or else:ugh:
sigh...

leekj1018
13th Jul 2007, 01:40
Hey...I know you are angry. I was too until I got the ticket this morning.
Would you like me to give you Ryan's mobile ?
When he e-mailed me he gave me his mobile number.
I will send you. Hopefully it will help.
Hope see you tomorrow.

KJ :ok:xxx

neokay9
13th Jul 2007, 04:48
leekj1018

I really appreciate your help.
I think I emailed you about medicals before.
I'm the girl from Korea.
Congrats!!!
There are three more Koreans on the 15th batch.
I wanted to join together but it seemded not so hopeful.
Anyway, I'll try to call Ryan.
Thanks again!!
See you soon...
--------------------------------------------------------
Crabbiefatty!!!

You know who I am?
Thank you for your snoopy card:)
I'm still waiting for my ticket and visa.
Hopefully start the training next Sunday together!!!

cheers!!!

leekj1018
13th Jul 2007, 05:30
Hi, I didn't know that you were korean.
Nice to meet you. I thougt you have already joined.
If you get your ticket please let me know.
Good luck !!!

crabbiefatty
13th Jul 2007, 05:43
Hi neokay!

Yah of course!

Thanks too that you liked the card.

All the best for us next week hehe

To all,

Anyone of you who could share how much will the training allowance be?And you know,,,how to budget allowance per week for food?

Thanks thanks

ozziegirl
13th Jul 2007, 08:57
Hey guys,

I got all my travel information today, i am now leaving Sun not Sat...
I will be staying at the Sands Hotel...
Is this permanent or temp?

leekj1018
13th Jul 2007, 12:50
I am also flying on sun not sat.
So, we are going to miss the sunday training.
Don't want to miss anything....but no way...
See you soon Ozzie girl.

Thank you guys. See you there !

KJ xxx:O

NNicoleF
14th Jul 2007, 00:08
hi i just have a little bit of a concern that has ben rought up to me by a few family members.

i know its mandatory to hand in your passports to your employers in the middle east. i jus have a few questions regarding this.

1)is there a general rule or regulations regarding employers/employees and the seizement of passports? (maybe some kind of rule to assure protection of employees etc?

2)is this rule going to be stated in any of the eployment contracts?

3)how does it work for cabin crews? since we would probabl be needing our passports to travel right?

please any info would do!

elisa4
14th Jul 2007, 04:21
I can only speak from own experience: i live in bahrain, but am belgian. According to belgian law, it is illegal here for an employer to take my passport, since my passport is not my own property.
It is the property of the belgian government. So that would be stealing form them.
Off course, a lot of employers just seem to ignore that;
my employer also threathened once to take my passport, but i just spelt out my rights, and they came to senses.
What is stated in the labour law about that will depend from country to country I guess

Amelia84
15th Jul 2007, 13:34
Does anyone know what kind of clothes everyone wears while training.

I am assuming business attire, but considering how hot it is, are we expected to wear suits?

It would be great if someone could reply as I have absolutely no idea what to pack.

THank you!!

pinkus
15th Jul 2007, 15:06
You don't have to wear a suit. If you want to by all means but you will be fine in pants/skirts and a business shirt or smart top