Cabin Crew Where professional flight attendants discuss matters that affect our jobs & lives.

Etihad

Old 13th Sep 2006, 09:31
  #1 (permalink)  

You Think, Therefore I Am
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: UK
Age: 63
Posts: 3,586
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad

The Etihad thread
TightSlot is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2006, 09:52
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened?

Where did everybody go?
AirPanda is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2006, 05:07
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: AUH
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are still here, just waiting for passengers to board....




and pouring themselves a drink..!

A330habib is offline  
Old 18th Sep 2006, 16:08
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is in charge of what??

I mean really... it is getting really difficult to tell who is in charge of what. No body seems to be in charge anymore. During HH days someone, whether bad or good- someone was there in charge. What is happening now? Does anyone know what our chart looks like?
AirPanda is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2006, 19:11
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL. You are so right. Nobody has an idea who is in-charge of what ? They all think they are in-charge of everyone. No changes, no new management, no pay increase. Nothing. Everyone is giving up !!!
skyhigh72 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2006, 23:50
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Habib,

I think you mean waiting for guests to board!!!

masalam
KiloMIke is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2006, 19:58
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: AUH
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, we r here .... more or less

So, what is the latest thing with EY?
The latest thing is introduction of SFS (senior flight steward) which will be called Cabin Supervisor. It's still not active, but there r ongoing preparations. Also, new crew will work in Coral zone for at least 1 year, which is very similar to conditions in EK.

But the real questions is, will it be payed more? My personal opinion is: of course NOT
If that really happens, I really want to know what the management is thinking? I mean, how they can expect crew to be motivated and help this airline to develop?

Anybody heard of this new position?
EYtruth is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2006, 06:01
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here and There
Age: 41
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Supervisor

Apparently they have selected 80 people to be put forward for it.
No one knows who they are though.
Will they be paid more? Well... considering a Cabin Manager earns the same (sometimes less) than Crew I seriously doubt it.
cabincat is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2006, 16:11
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I know, the list includes names of senior crew who did not make it as cabin managers in the past, except a list of about 20 who actually made it earlier this year but their promotion has been on hold... and don't quote me for that
See you all at PS birthday party Last booze event before Ramadan
AirPanda is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2006, 16:18
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: AUH
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cabincat View Post
Apparently they have selected 80 people to be put forward for it.
No one knows who they are though.
Will they be paid more? Well... considering a Cabin Manager earns the same (sometimes less) than Crew I seriously doubt it.
I really wonder how did they select those 80 or "whatever the number is"? I wouldn't be surprised the selection was made according to an old way of getting positions in EY (who f..... who, and so on .... sad, but true)

Sometimes, ongoing mess in this company amuses me a lot ....

Last edited by EYtruth; 21st Sep 2006 at 19:02.
EYtruth is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2006, 09:50
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SYD
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EY Website

interesting reading here about EY especially after i read a 4 to 5 page about EY on Airways Magazine. i also checked out the careers section of the EY website and it looks like it's been "updated" and will be operational on 01OCT06

Does this mean those applicants will have to reapply again after 01OCT06 or will the details still be in the EY system/database.

any info will be greatly appreciated.

greetings from SYD
1niteinbkk is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2006, 22:54
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: planet earth
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1niteinbkk View Post
interesting reading here about EY especially after i read a 4 to 5 page about EY on Airways Magazine. i also checked out the careers section of the EY website and it looks like it's been "updated" and will be operational on 01OCT06

Does this mean those applicants will have to reapply again after 01OCT06 or will the details still be in the EY system/database.

any info will be greatly appreciated.

greetings from SYD
from my exprience your data logged with EY should not have lost, just cos they are bringing new/updated site. The data logged via website is usualy stored in some sort of database so i would imgaine it to be safe. Having said that i cannot be certain and as EYtruth said if you want to be certain then check with EY direct.
good luck mate
crazy_pilot is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2006, 12:50
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BA
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad Website

well the online application I previously had on thier web site is gone, only username and password works but it says you have not applied for any job and all the data and attachements are gone..but it's maybe I applied long time ago and now Im actually waiting for the contract...so i hope they didnt delete ALL the applicants' data
Desert_Rose is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 05:46
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking hi all

hello EVERYONE!
just a few querries.... i hope someone wud answer them.

* hw long does it take for them to respond once u hav send in ur application for the post of CC ( that is, if u r successsful)?
* how is the recruitment process? wats wit the telephone interview as mentioned on their website?
* to all the current CC , is it a gud airline to work for?
* i'm really confused abt the salary.... i need sm help on dis.

thanks...

oh, btw, they hav deleted all the applicants data.... all they hav is ur username n pswrd!! all my data hav vanished and so is the jobs applied section...it shows 0 , when i have applied for 3!!!

neway, i hope sm1 cud help me out wit my questions....

GOD BLESS!
geetha is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 14:01
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: any where that will have me.
Posts: 140
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
etihad

hi i telephoned ey this am and spoke to someone in hr re the same thing as i have appiled for a few jobs not c.c. but she did say that the new software and every thing was being transfered over but would take a couple of days.??? so no they have not lost all your info. hope this helps.
coffindodger is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2006, 22:08
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: planet earth
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coffindodger View Post
she did say that the new software and every thing was being transfered over but would take a couple of days.??? so no they have not lost all your info. hope this helps.
Yep i expected that as they must have taken the backup from the old site and now re-store is being applied, having said that don't expect all the data to be available as my experience suggest that those re-store jobs do not always fulfill their promise!
crazy_pilot is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2006, 14:20
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: AUH
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geetha View Post
hello EVERYONE!
just a few querries.... i hope someone wud answer them.

* hw long does it take for them to respond once u hav send in ur application for the post of CC ( that is, if u r successsful)?
* how is the recruitment process? wats wit the telephone interview as mentioned on their website?
* to all the current CC , is it a gud airline to work for?
* i'm really confused abt the salary.... i need sm help on dis.

thanks...

oh, btw, they hav deleted all the applicants data.... all they hav is ur username n pswrd!! all my data hav vanished and so is the jobs applied section...it shows 0 , when i have applied for 3!!!

neway, i hope sm1 cud help me out wit my questions....

GOD BLESS!
Hi Geetha!

Well, let me try to answer your questions

- if they r recruiting in your country, than they will call once when they decide to come. But, my advice to u, is, call them and see which dates they have available. Once u do that, they'll screen your CV and give u a call back the same day. That's how I did it.
- the telephone interview is easy, like a preliminary interview. They usually ask u about your previous experience, why u want to become CC and so on.
- now the tough question Is it good company? There r lot of yes and no's. The company is still young, but with many internal management problems which reflect negativly on cabin crew. Almost every day we have some changes in service, training, etc. Some people r enjoying it some don't, it all depends what do u expect. But it's far away from being glamorous job! Fast promotion is possible in various fields, but with upcomong changes it's going to be more difficult. Check this site, section about Cabin Crew with Etihad topic. U can gain a lot of information. Send me a private message and I'll give u another site on which u can also find a lot of info on EY.
- Salary. Keep in mind we do not have allowances like EK or QR. That makes it difficult sometimes, as u end up spending your own money on layovers, and some of those layovers can be quite expensive.
Your basic salary is 3020 AED. Per duty day u get 210 AED. U usually have 20-22 duty days which gives u salary at the end of the month in range: 7220 - 7640 AED. Sometimes u will have even 24 duty days, but it doesn't happen very often. Accomodation is provided. Recently they changed the basic salary to 2500 AED for initial 6 months. I don't know how it will be with new people coming, as we expect some huge and serious changes in management. Recent history shows EY is very talented to give u nice stories about salary on assesment, and once u come, they change it completely.

Hope I answered your questions!
EYtruth is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2006, 17:54
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Geetha

EYtruth covered it all. Do you homework and think before you just get happy and go for it. Check all airlines in the region and make the best selection for yourself.
skyhigh72 is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2006, 06:34
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dubai, UAE
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EYtruth & skyhigh72:

thanks for ur reply. i appreciate it.
no allowance and less salary seems to be verry bad... i need to really think abt it.
u say that the initial six months salary is just 2500 Dhs. but does it really get changed to 3020 after ur 6 months? ( i dnt knw y, but i 'm a bit doubtful abt this after all that i heard abt etihad!)

i hope the new management does something gud... orelse i cant see where the company is heading to in a few years frm nw.

lets all hope for the best!

GOD BLESS!
geetha is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2006, 12:33
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: AUH
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geetha View Post
EYtruth & skyhigh72:

thanks for ur reply. i appreciate it.
no allowance and less salary seems to be verry bad... i need to really think abt it.
u say that the initial six months salary is just 2500 Dhs. but does it really get changed to 3020 after ur 6 months? ( i dnt knw y, but i 'm a bit doubtful abt this after all that i heard abt etihad!)

i hope the new management does something gud... orelse i cant see where the company is heading to in a few years frm nw.

lets all hope for the best!

GOD BLESS!
Well Geetha,

This basic salary of 2500 AED was recently introduced, the rest of us were lucky to start with 3020 AED. I don't know if it gets to 3020 AED after 6 months, will try to find some of those crew and let u know.

Like SkyHigh72 said, think very carefully about joining this airline.

EYtruth is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.