Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Nickvan
12th May 2007, 00:51
violinplayer21c!

Its about time huh! See you there next week!...Get better :bored:

TanyaD
12th May 2007, 05:42
Manda07
Hi, I'm with you for 3rd June. I'm in Melbourne and I'll be flying up to Sydney then out on EY, estimated date of 31st May. Of course, none of this has been confirmed, I think it gets confirmed a few days before so we better be prepared. Will they fly you to Sydney also?????

Smiley Witch
If this is what you really want to do then I would take the day off and attend the open day to drop off your CV. I attended the last interview process in Melbourne and there were quite a few people who got through the day and they had just attended the open day and weren't invited.

To all who are in the "two week wait"
I agree with everything Nickvan has said in relation to "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS". I attended the last Melbourne interviews and the "Unsuccessful" emails went out about 1.5 weeks before the successful emails went out. I waited the two weeks and then couldn't wait anymore, I rang them after "two weeks" and they were very helpful and sent me an email telling me to go ahead with the medicals. SO KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS. If it all gets too much just give them a call, the staff at EY Recruitment are lovely and only too happy to help.

violinplayer21c
Congratulations !!!! I'm sure I'll get to see you when I get over there too !!! Safe travels and get well soon.

Missing AUH
Stay positive. In relation to your chipped tooth I would guess that you would have to get that fixed. The medical procedures are not too bad, just a bit time consuming. Lots of needles to get, blood tests and x-rays.
There is a dental section and you need an x-ray and all fillings must be done etc.

NickVan
Have an awesome party tonight dear !!!!

If I can help anybody in anyway please let me know.
TanyaD;)

missing_auh
12th May 2007, 06:51
THANK YOU TanyaD,

manda07
12th May 2007, 07:04
hey:) yeap im guessing i will fly frm auckland to sydney first. I have an aussie ph so i will give you my number once i find it, so we ould meet up at the airport. Do you no of anyone else that is starting on the 3rd? I havnt even started to get myself organised! cant wait to get there!

TanyaD
12th May 2007, 07:35
Hey Manda07,

Fantastic, we will definately meet up at the airport. Yeah I know of three others who will be starting on June 3.

Where do you start when it comes to moving your life into 60kg and changing countries? Things like phones, internet, bank accounts etc. there is so much to do and so little time. Not to mention those farewell parties!!!!

Can't wait til the 31st.

Talk soon
TanyaD;)

dyal1
12th May 2007, 09:36
hey tania
my name is daniel and i am extremely interested in attending the recruitment day for etihad on monday at the Mercure in Swanston.
if you would be able to help me out with a few questions, that would be great:
1) Do you need to be invited to the recruitment day (through applying on the etihad website)? I found the advertisment for the recruitment day on seek.com and the ad made it sound like if you meet the requirements, you are welcome to attend and drop of your cv. After reading this forum briefly, it looks as though you need to be invited to it. I am completely unsure about this.
2) This is probably very obvious, but i think it said somewhere that you should be over 20 to attend. I am 19 years old at the moment, turning 20 in a few months. Do you think i should still attend and see what happens?
you feedback will be appreciated a lot.
thanks daniel

TanyaD
12th May 2007, 09:57
Hi Daniel,

You do not need to be invited to the open day. It was advertised in the Herald Sun today and in that ad it states that you can drop off your cv on Monday 14th May between the hours of 8am and 11.30am.

After the interview process you will wait two weeks for a response then it will take about two weeks to complete your medical and about another month before you fly out so it will depend on when you are turning 20 I guess. But I'm not sure at all on their rules for that.

If this is something you really want to do you have nothing to lose by attending the open morning to drop off your cv.

Hope this helps you.
TanyaD;)

ozziecrew
12th May 2007, 11:04
Hi manda07

i will be on the june 3rd training course as well!!! so we got 1 from perth, 1 from brissy, 3 from melbourne now that we know of!!!

manda07
12th May 2007, 20:38
hey ozziecrew!
looks like it will be kiwis and aussie on out training course! are you flying frm sydney on th 31st?

ozziecrew
13th May 2007, 01:40
hey manda07, who knows when and where ill be flying out from. they wantme to go from perth-sydney-abu dhabi, but they dont realise that per-syd is like4.5 hours away hahah. so im going to try and go through bangkok, otherwise it adds like an extra 10 hours to my trip, but we'll see. dont even know what date we are going out. i suspect we'll get all that info in our last week!

TanyaD
13th May 2007, 03:45
Hi all,

Just wanted to wish everyone attending the interviews tomorrow the very best of luck.

Enjoy the experience and have confidence in yourself. :)

Keep us all updated on your progress.

GOOD LUCK:p

TanyaD;)

simple_smile
13th May 2007, 04:58
Any news from Etihad? Its been 3 weeks and still no response from them.

Some people I know emailed EY already and still they dont have any reply.

Should we call them?

Advices are welcome, thank you!

tashal_bb
13th May 2007, 06:48
good luck with all your EY trainings, SEPs... and so on...
unfortunately I wont b seeing you guys in EY as Im moving to QFUK for a period of 2 yrs.
The company that Im working for is closing down in Sept 2007 and we all get to transfer into QF S/H division... with the choice of Perth/Syd/Melb/Cns bases or QFUK...

anyway ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU!! :D

TanyaD
13th May 2007, 06:49
Simple Smile

Just give them a quick call and ask how your application is going??? As I have said before they are very busy but also lovely people to deal with.

TanyaD;)

cherrie
13th May 2007, 11:06
:confused: if you get through to your medicals, does it matter if you have dentures at all, i have a partial and it isn't noticeable, also how are they regarding tattoos, i know EK has slackened off a bit but dont know much about Etihad??? any insights?

ozziegirl
14th May 2007, 01:08
Hi guys,

I have been invited to attend an assesment day on Friday in Brisbane, just a quick question, will we be doing group activites and then an interview at the end of the day? or will it just be group activites and those of you who are successful will be called back the following day/week for an interview...

I appreciate it if anyone could help...
thanks heaps
:)

weeflygirl
14th May 2007, 06:39
When I did mine 2 weeks ago it was all on the same day.

Best of luck

Amelia84
14th May 2007, 06:47
Hey I attended the Assessment Day in Sydney on Saturday and made it through the final interview. Now its just the dreaded two week wait.

Did anyone else attend on Saturday?

Nickvan
14th May 2007, 06:48
Hey everyone :}:}

Im still feeling fragile from my farwell party over the weekend.

Im due to fly out this Thursday which is 3 days away...AND the others & I who are flying out still havent received any final email/confirmation....will be giving Ryan a call by tomorrow if no correspondence is made.

TanyaD - It was a blast on Sat night. The house rules at the club were done as the Safety Procedures with full on lifevests...It was a crackup. People full on dressed up as Cabin Crew and pilots....hehehe

TanyaD
14th May 2007, 08:28
Cherrie
I have tattoos, they are not on show though, and there was no questions on them. As for dentures, I'm not sure but I don't see why it would be a problem.

Amelia84
Congratulations and best of luck. This will be the longest two weeks of your life but just remember that no news is good news.

NickVan
It sounds like it was a blast, good on you, nothing like leaving a lasting impression on everyone. I'll ring you before you leave. Let me know what Ryan says.

TanyaD;)

tina_24
14th May 2007, 10:24
Hi there peeps, especially to y'all in Manila who's in vain waiting. Just wanna share this: I rang EY moment ago for follow-up. The one ive spoken with told me that i have to wait for another 2 weeks for the security approval ( i dunno if this goes as well to all MNL applicants) However she advised me to go forward with my medical examination and send it ONCE and only once i receive a confirmation call from them that i pass the approval.

So guys what do you think? what does this mean? :confused:Im kinda confuse. :ugh:should i go with my med. exam? Some body PLEASE HELP! :eek:Any advise will be welcomed and appreciated.

Any one alse in MNL who called EY? What did they say?

weeflygirl
14th May 2007, 11:33
Hi guys

Its 2 weeks today I'm sitting here my belly in knots and feeling sick for the wait its 12.30pm In the UK so The uae is 4 hours ahead...

I only have a few hours til the office will probably be closed in AUH is it worth calling them or is patience a virtue in this case???

Help me!:bored:

GBB
14th May 2007, 12:18
hey tina
I belive u already approved from EY side.
They waiting for ur security approval from AUH gov, they need to make sure u all clear.
Things take time in middeast govs so might take some time but once u clear EY will call u to start medicals.
Anyway, u might wanna start now so once they call u will have things rdy for em and u can send it right away.
GL

weeflygirl
14th May 2007, 13:44
Hey again

Whats the office hours in AUH?

trolleytrollop
14th May 2007, 14:23
Hey Guys,

Just got the call from Etihad HR 30 mins ago. It looks like Im cleared to go ahead with the medicals. Im so happy and relieved. Ill be able to sleep soundly once more:zzz:. They also called 2 other people with good news from the April 22 assesment.

To the other people waitting. Dont lose hope, at this point if it's been more than 2 weeks, I have a feeling its good news. Heres my theory(Just a theory ok).
People who got regret letters got theirs on the 1st week which means upper mangement decided on it immediately, if you get management approval then your papers go to security which takes some time to process. If security clears you after some time then thats when you get the call-I think:8.

Guys I hope to see all of you in AUH. Good luck to all the Aussies and Kiwis out there.

tt

weeflygirl
14th May 2007, 15:34
That great well done what time did they call at?

foxycleopatra
14th May 2007, 19:40
hello !! i am at the moment in the process of leaving gf and joining ey since they have just sent me via email a contract to sign, while im putting things on the scale... i would like to know what kind of agreements does ey have with other airlines...as far as id 90, including parents and friends..
i know gulf air is not the brightest airline... but i believe straff travel agreements are quite good ( if u manage not to kill someone at the office to get ur ticket trough...hahahha)
any info will be highly appreciatted.
thanks!:ok:

Jorga
14th May 2007, 22:39
Hi guys,

Did anyone attend the Brisbane open day? If so any idea how many attended and how many got through? :)

TanyaD
14th May 2007, 23:37
Weeflygirl
The office hours of EY HR Department at 7.30am til 3.30pm Sunday through to Thursday (Friday and Saturday being the weekend).

If it has been two weeks just give them a quick call, it will put your mind at ease.

Try not to stress.

TanyaD;)

tina_24
14th May 2007, 23:52
Hey peeps,

Was about to go to sleep last night... when the most awaited call happened. hahaha i got in! After all the waits finally i can go ahead wid my med exam. I believe we were 30- 40+ who's been cleared. Thanks for this forum... it really helps a lot. Sooooooo overwhelmed!!!

Thanks GBB for your advice :D was about to do that but now i am more convinced :)

Trolley,
Where do you plan to take your medical exam? Any idea? Give me hint ok CONGRATULATION!!!:D

to those still on wait.... be patient and pray hard and mostly be optimistic! :ok:

to those who'll be flying soon... GOOD LUCK and ENJOY!!!! Hope to see you at EY!!!

Nickvan
15th May 2007, 00:40
:D:DTina_24!!!:D:D

Big congrats to you and anyone else in Manila who made it :ok: Now for the mission of doing the medical :yuk:

Be sure to see you there in AUH. Im leaving in 48 hours! Slowly sinking in...

Mike16
15th May 2007, 04:52
Hi guys

Well i have made a few comments on this thread, as i flew with Eithad this year for the first time, i did Manchester ( UK ) to Abu dhabi and then a connecting flight onto Muscat and then back, well after i had a week on the beech in Muscat . lol

From a Pax point, eithad are the best, Dog's Bo****ks....... lol
I have read this thread everyday and feel like i know you all so well, I would like to say to you all Nickvan, Tina etc
Good Luck nd once you guys get there, please keep us updated with how you are getting on, I think you may like as i was there myself this year only for a holiday but the place is lovely.
Like i say good luck and ENJOY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ozziecrew
15th May 2007, 05:32
hey mike 16

cheers for the comments. It would be safe to say that the majority of the new aussie crew have never flown on Etihad as they are only reaching our skies over here now, but knowing we will be working for the dogs b*****ks sounds pretty good to me!!!

no doubt we will all try our best to keep those kickass standards!!:ok:

Mike16
15th May 2007, 09:33
Hi Ozzie
Well you go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, Seriously i was so impressed with them BIG TIME, the plane was beautiful, the crew were great, except for the domestic flights - Abu dhabi to muscat and back , the food is excellent and the IFE was Fab.
If i was 10 years younger i would be joining you without a doubt, but there would be a problem for me living there..... Gay ???????
does not exists out there, well i bet it does, but it just is illegal, so i would be bored..... lol
Like i say, i wish you all the best in the new adventure you are about to begin, and keep us up to date with how things are going .....
Mike xxxxxxxxxxx

wannaflEY
15th May 2007, 10:13
Hello everyone from manila assessment april 21 and 22. Congrats to all of us who made it. Got my confirmation a week ago and having a hard time for my medical. SO expensive and its really hard to put things on schedule especially when you have an 8-5 work. Argh! Nver the less...looking forward to seing you all in the skies. God bless us all. :)

trolleytrollop
15th May 2007, 10:21
Hey People from Manila,

Just in case you guys are still confused about where to go for medicals heres a suggestion.

Health Maintenance, INC
Tower Ground, Makati Cinema Sqaure Tower
Pasong Tamo, Makati City
Tel 812 88 06

For your dental X-rays and dental work- the building next to makati cinema sqaure, you will find the clinic of DR RICARDO VAZQUEZ. Its the building beside the KFC and Mcdonalds (not mile long ).

Its so near each other, you can all do it on one place. good luck:)

TT

weeflygirl
15th May 2007, 10:59
Hi guys still no news, tried calling the hr dept. no answer.

One of the girls got through they said the recruitment team are very busy today.We've to call tomorrow.

I noticed on the website they are on the last day of recruting for this month. Maybe that means they'll have more time to call all the people waiting!

Good luck :)

TanyaD
15th May 2007, 11:46
To everyone waiting for that phone call to continue with your medical, hang in there.

Stay positive and rather than call maybe email them and explain the situation.

Stay positive and remember NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS !!!!

I know this doesn't help though when you're just waiting for a YES !!! which i'm sure will happen and you'll be flying before you know it.

HANG IN THERE !!!;)

Nickvan
15th May 2007, 13:08
Hey Everyone! :}:}

Well im getting anxious myself! :confused: Im suppose to be leaving in 24 hours tomorrow 17th May & still havent heard back anything..Our group who is travelling together have been advised by Ryan he'll get back to us ASAP! Still trying to confirm flights...
How hard can it be?! We were all advised 17th May. But now HR are saying they plan for Saturday but nothing cofirmed yet....
They better not ring me up tomorrow and advise to go to the airport in the afternoon :=:yuk:

weeflygirl
15th May 2007, 13:19
Oh no how much worse can this get?

awaiting flights must be a million times worse than awaiting the yes call!

Nickvan
15th May 2007, 13:27
Absolutely....its like a surprise eviction on Big Brother! Not knowing..I got my bags packed but dont know when...........:(

ozziecrew
15th May 2007, 13:48
Nickvan!!!

This is Etihad Airways.

You have 10 minutes to get to your aircraft.

weeflygirl
15th May 2007, 18:49
Lmao!:d:d:d:d:d:d

pk45
16th May 2007, 00:23
hi there! does anyone know when Etihad recruitment starts in Japan? Its already taken part in korea for three times but not in Japan:{ Ive read an article, saying Etihad is now operating to fly more cities and contries by 2011, hopefully to Japan, so not hopeless yet, eh? :ugh:

thanks for your comments in advance!!

peachesvalera
16th May 2007, 01:13
Yey! No more sleepless nights! I did not receive a call but I have received a reply on my email from EY HR personel that I could proceed with my medicals. He also told me that he could not get a hold of my mobile phone. It seems like I have written a wrong mobile number. :eek: I think I was too excited during the recruitment day! LMOA!

Whew! What a relief! I may not have received a call but at least I'm not hanging on the edge of the building anymore! LMOA!

Oh, does anyone know if I can have my medicals done with our family physician or do we have to go to a accredited medical center?

weeflygirl
16th May 2007, 05:06
Congratulations peaches!

I got an email from Kim she's going to find out today for me!

FINGERS CROSSED!

NICKVAN any news?

summer_lee
16th May 2007, 07:49
got the confirmation today!!!! :) whew!!!~ getting my arms ready for the pricks

cherrie
16th May 2007, 08:46
Thanks for your help once again. no tattoos are below business collar length and the other not visible at all. is it the same for scars. i have a facial one. am a little concerned. i have exceptional grooming otherwise except for the scar little one on eyebrow.

thanks so much to everyone for your help. If anyone is going to interviews tomorrow in bris ill see you there. come and say hello

xo C

Nickvan
16th May 2007, 12:42
:mad:
We still havent received details from HR regarding our flights tomorrow. HR are unable to provide us with confirmation even though our flights are tomorrow!
We have now been advised MOST LIKELY Saturday now.....Were all confused and annoyed now, They cannot give us a YES or NO answer..just that theres a delay on their end........Were now standing by waiting for that Phone Call on when we EVENTUALLY be flying out.

michal
16th May 2007, 12:49
hi...guys, I am new here...I attended the recruitment date on 23rd April in Abu Dhabi, I already submitted my clearance certificate and medical forms. I was talking with Ryan this morning, he is really kind :} ...he just sent e-mail to inform me he will come back to me as soon as the doctor prove my medical results...

Now I am wondering how long it takes for the doctor to prove? I want to join the trainning started 27th this month. Anyone will be the same day???

So many thanks!!!

weeflygirl
16th May 2007, 13:00
Nickvan
Just hang in there when we called yesterday they said the HR team where run off there feet.

I think in our cases Patience is really a virtue!

Hang on in there guys we'll be flying in no time!

(Hopefully)

Summer and Peaches well done guys look forward to seeing you in AUH (if I get the call )

ozziecrew
16th May 2007, 13:12
hey michal

it took over a week for them to get back to me about the medicals n stuff and i still had to go and get another blood test and send it off, in which I am still waiting for a response. i have quit my job already even though i am waiting for them to get back to me, but Ryan said im sweet to quit coz the job is all good.

so maybe starting on the 27th may be too quick, but who knows hey!! u might have to come on the following week, which will be my start date!!!

hope you hear back from them soon!

ozziecrew
16th May 2007, 13:19
I work with a guy who did a 2 year stint with EY and his one big tip was BE PAITENT. which sux coz thats i think i lack hahah! so just gonna have to try!

TanyaD
16th May 2007, 13:22
Cherrie
Sounds like you'll be fine with a small scar on your eyebrow, they didn't seem to concerned about that sort of stuff, as long as you present yourself well.

Best of luck in the interviews tomorrow, stay positive and be yourself and I'm sure you'll shine through.

Keep me informed

TanyaD;)

GBB
16th May 2007, 13:23
Im guessin u must be polish, rite? (ur name) very few pols in EY :)
They got lots of medicals to check up so u might have to wait a bit..
As long as u know u all fit u shouldnt worry no more, u will start sooner or latter. :)
GL

pinkus
16th May 2007, 13:30
Hey Nick welcome to the Etihad way

I was phoned at 6pm on Thursday night telling me my flight was at 11am the next morning. I was staying at my Mums who lives 3 hours from the airport.

Another mate was told she was flying direct to DXB instead she got a grand tour of Asia. Borneo -KL ( 10 hour transit) -karachi- DXB only to discover her visa was in AUH airport. No contact number to anyone managed to convince customs to give her a tourist visa then a 2 hour taxi to AUH.

So be ready to go at a moments notice and make sure you have someones mobile ( NOT office ) number for when you land just in case.

natjayne
16th May 2007, 13:30
Hi Everyone!

I will be attending the recruitment on the 18th - (this friday!) Did anyone attend the CV Drop off or did they all recieve invites via email.

Thanks,

peachesvalera
16th May 2007, 14:04
thanks weeflygirl! i'm so excited! hope to see everyone soon! :)

natjayne
good luck on friday! relax! you can do it! ;)

weeflygirl
16th May 2007, 14:36
Nat

I got invited. But it not a big deal you can do just as well going to the open day!

Best of Luck

ozzie I've been trying to catch you on msn!

When do you go?

sassycess
16th May 2007, 15:52
hey guyz...i also get a call from etihad..thank goodness....

but i have a question---if u have been phoned for medical,,and u submit ol d medical forms that theyre requiring you..does it mean dat ul b schedule already for a flight..and is it 100% sure dat ul b joining d etihad group...:confused:

coz i hav a frnd, she went tru ol d intrvws last year den she already submitted all d medcl reqts den etihad told her to w8 for few mths time..7 mths had passed she didnt gt a col frm dem..:(
but now she's wd kuwait airways now..wd me actually...coz i also passed d intrview for kuwait and wer leaving nxt wk..until i got a col last monday frm ryan(i failed to get the name)i guess, he's a guy..and i love/dream working wd etihad but i dnt wana lus ol d opportunities god has given me..so i really nid to decide if il gonna strt frm scrtch wd etihad wd no guarantee or wd kuwait which i already have a schedule date for leaving???:sad:
i dnt wna mke a bg mstke dat il regret..any1 here hu seem to have d sme situation like my frnd??
cud you help me guys...tnx...:)

ruthietwos
16th May 2007, 16:02
I rang them and they.....sob.....can't find my file!!

:ugh:

flyabudhabi
16th May 2007, 16:16
hi,,
When were u on the interview???

I was on the interview the 15th of may, and I sucess trough it all but when do they tell u if u get the job or not.??

can someone tell me. please\
\
thanks

mamitalinda
16th May 2007, 19:51
hello to the people!!!
finally had the call+email saying that i had the job:D for anybody waiting for a reply: THEY WILL TAKE THEIR TIME!! anyway, still waiting for them to send me the medical test they want me to make...
very important question: can u hav sky tv in uae?? or is it anyway to get normal (occidental) tv/internet over there....
thanl u if u answer! and good luck for the waiters:ok:
hasta luego!
x

mamitalinda
16th May 2007, 19:57
oh! by the way...and anybody speaking of ba.....please!!! u talking about conditions and i get less than a grand working as a mother f:mad:!??!??!?
at least this is a 4yearold airline still growing...no?
x

TightSlot
16th May 2007, 20:19
A reminder - this is a bulletin board not a mobile phone. Do not post in Text/Nokia speak unless you wish to have your post deleted.

ozziegirl
16th May 2007, 22:26
Hi guys,

well i have my assessment day tomorrow for Etihad in Brisbane, i am excited and nervous at the same time. In March i applied for Emirates and made it through to the final interview but was unsuccessful in the end :\
I would really appreciate it if anyone could kindly please provide me some information on Eitihad's assesment day, what activities there are - and the final interview what questions are asked...
I do apologise if these questions have already been answered!!!

thanks for your co-operation!!!!!:D

ozziegirl
17th May 2007, 00:49
Sorry guys another quick question!!!

Do we have to do an english test? English is my first language, however on the Emirates interview they made the people who did not speak english as there first language sit a test..

With the Etihad interview/assessment, do they make all candidates sit an english tesT??? im confused!! would appreciate your co-operation

THanks!!

sandy306
17th May 2007, 00:59
hey ozziegirl,
yes everyone has to take the english test. From memory it was a 20 minute written test, and its very basic.

I'm suppose to fly out tomorrow as well but now they postponed to Saturday.. so im still procrastinating and havent packed my bags yet :uhoh:

sassycess
17th May 2007, 01:16
goodluck to you sandy and ozzie...my advice..just b urself and for me d # 1 reqt is smiling...always look nice and approachable..

smile
makeup
neat bus. attire clothes
and most esp. pray hard

thats it..good luck to you both!!!

ozziegirl
17th May 2007, 02:43
Sassycess,

are you with Etihad?

Could you please tell me the questions they ask you in the final interview, i really want to be prepared for it all!!!!

sorry to bother you!!
Thanks!:)

ozziecrew
17th May 2007, 03:34
Hey ozziegirl just sent u a private message!!

talk soon

natjayne
17th May 2007, 03:35
I have mine tomorrow - what is the process, how many girls where there! How do you think you went! Is there anyone else out there attending as well?:)

ozziegirl
17th May 2007, 03:46
i will be attending tomorrow.

natjayne
17th May 2007, 03:48
Thats Great! I though you were today! Are you feeling nervous? :bored:

etihadCC
17th May 2007, 03:56
Hey there.....im new to this forum but ive read through most of it. Im too waiting for a call/e-mail from Etihad ..for those of you that got acceptance calls/emails, how long did you have to wait until they came?

ozziegirl
17th May 2007, 04:06
You could say i am feeling excited than nervous, i think after being through the final process for Emirates airlines i am ready for anything.... you knows though.. i feel fine today, but i might become nervous tomorrow!!!

Is this your first time applying with them?

ozziecrew
17th May 2007, 04:06
hey etihadCC

it only took them 10 days to contact me, but some people it takes 3 weeks. i must of been lucky!!

natjayne
17th May 2007, 04:39
Its the first time for an international airline! any advise?:cool:

ozziegirl
17th May 2007, 04:44
The most important thing i found is to be yourself !!

etihadCC
17th May 2007, 05:09
Hey Ozziecrew,

Was that ten days AFTER the interview? or ten days after they finished with Australia?

ozziecrew
17th May 2007, 05:21
i got the email 10 days after the interview, however Perth was their last city in oz.

michal
17th May 2007, 06:41
thank you guys...I am hanging in my job now, nothing to do everyday!!!I do hope I can start my training asap!!!But another part I still feel sad to move to Abu Dhabi to start the new chapter coz I already lived nearly one year in Dubai, & have a lot of friends, of course bf here...But I can't complain!!!Even most of u will also leave ur home country and friends.

pals, hope to see all of u very soon...UAE is pretty hot now, it is almost 45 degree...whoops!!!!!!!!

GBB
17th May 2007, 07:08
Mod Delete - Text Speak

equus
17th May 2007, 11:51
Hey everyone,

I attended the assessment day in Sydney on 12/5. I just don't understand what Kim and her gal pals are looking for! The invitation states to "wear business attire" and there were some people that made it through to the next round who were wearing jeans, jumpers, flat shoes, thong-like shoes, basically not interview-like attire, unkept hair etc. I know for a fact there were girls who had trouble filling out their application form upon arrival as English was not there first language but somehow they managed to pass the English test. I"m sure they would have struggled with it. Ironically, the majority of people that didn't pass thru to the next round, really looked like flight attendants already. I spoke to a few of them and they really fit the part. Some had previous cc experience and one was currently a f/a. I find it odd that they were not selected.
I wish you all well in your job...you are all really lucky and are blessed!

lindaflychick
17th May 2007, 12:03
hey peeps just logged on here. Attended assessment day in Glasgow with WeeFly Girl and got through. I called them today and the said that Management had approved me but that HR would be in touch re medicals. What exactly do you have to get done before you go away, can anyone fill me in thanks xx

sassycess
17th May 2007, 13:03
Mod Delete - Text Speak

weeflygirl
17th May 2007, 16:51
LINDA!

Sorry I couldn't chat earlier @ my head office.
Still No call!

and I can't call them going to email again

Where are you getting your medical done?

violinplayer21c
17th May 2007, 17:21
Hey there :) I'm here in AUH now, in Training with ETIHAD... u got questions? Just send me a PM, I'll try to answer them ASAP. Hugs and sunny greetings, violinplayer21c

etihadCC
17th May 2007, 17:54
Hello Violinplayer21c!!!!!

Where are you training in Abu Dhabi? Are you in Abu Dhabi city or in Al-Ain close to the Etihad main office? What are the accomodations like? tell us everything!

tina_24
18th May 2007, 00:17
Nickvan,

Finally, after all the waits, you'll be flying very very soon. Oh... I wish you all the best. and thank you for all the blogs you've shared with us... those are really helpful. Keep us posted on what to expect ok... Congratulation and Good Luck. :D:D:D:D:D

sassycess
18th May 2007, 04:13
Congrats nickvan!!!yes as what tina said keep us posted on what to expect there..take care..godbless!!!!

weeflygirl
18th May 2007, 04:45
Well done nickVAN very very jealous!

lindaflychick
18th May 2007, 08:05
wee fly girl

a dont know where. they said someone from hr would call me or email me about it so will just need to wait and see. i am hate this waiting. if i have not heard anything by monday, i will give them a call again xx

ozziegirl
18th May 2007, 08:11
Hey guys,

Had my assessment day today in Brisvegas, the recruiters were lovely!! and so helpful !! the good news is i made it to the final interview, so now i am in the waiting game to hear if i have been chosen to work for Etihad..

I beleive its a 2-3 week waiting game... arrrrghhhh.
Thank you so much to ozziecrew and everyone else who helped answer my questions!!!!

To all the people who are yet to go to the assesment day in your country/state - Good luck to all and remember to be yourself!!!

peachesvalera
18th May 2007, 09:11
congratulations for making it through the entire assessment day ozziegirl! :D great job!

now, the waiting... the hardest part... it always is.. but in the end.. all the waiting is worth the reward!

GOOD LUCK! :ok:

Jorga
18th May 2007, 10:14
Hey Ozziegirl,

Good to hear you made it through. I really wanted to make the Brisbane Open Day but unfortunately wasn't able to. Did many people show and do you have an idea of how many went through. Hopefully they will be back one day soon and I will get another shot at it.

Wishing you luck

Jorga

laana_k
18th May 2007, 12:23
Mod Delete - Text Speak

sassycess
18th May 2007, 13:48
ozziegirl congatulations..jus pray hard and everything will went well..:)
after 2 weeks you can email them already....

ozziecrew
18th May 2007, 14:05
You say you have 6 years with QR. to be honest with the demand that EY have for crew at the moment, you will be in. Not only do QR have such a good reputation for hospitality and customer service, you've been there for 6 years, it shows you have lived in the area before and know what it's like. I dont see any reason for Ey to refuse you employment, unless you have lost an arm in the last few days!!! Are you going for Purser or cabin crew? and do u have to pay for the flight to AUH?

Londonlaydee
18th May 2007, 14:34
Hey everyone
I found this site though my search engine and was pleasantly suprised to see so many others in my position all over the world.
I had an assesment day on 2nd may, felt it went went really well and was told I would hear back with in two weeks.
I've been staring at my phone everyday since to no avail.
I know wnother girl had an email back over a week ago, I was sad for her but at the same time relived that I never heard anything.
Anyhoo it's now day 16 since the interview and still nothing.....Im scared.

laana_k
18th May 2007, 14:39
Mod Delete - Text Speak

ozziecrew
18th May 2007, 14:50
Hey not sure where u heard about the cabin crew who whave done over a years experoence didnt get through. I have crewed for 2 different airlines virgin blue and national jet as crew and have a total of 2.5 years experience in the airline industry, not all of it flying and i got through. im not crew yet, but i am on the june 3 training batch. I would assume they would take you on, considering Gulf Air is having all these problems and cutting 6 destinations, dublin, sydney, singapore, jo'burg and cant remember the other 2. so tjhey are cutting their routes and Ey have done 3 days straight recruiting in Bahrain, so I think you have a pretty good chance.

laana_k
18th May 2007, 15:34
Mod Delete - Text Speak

Julika
18th May 2007, 15:48
Hi guys,

I went for EY interview on the 11th May 2007. I made it to the final round but unfortunately after 5 days I got a rejection letter. I just wonder where did I go wrong? I did my very very best and I was so confident I could get it. I really have no idea where I went wrong. Maybe the interviewer think in a different way about me. Could anyone please give me tips so I could get in for the next recruitment....:ouch:
I am really sad..since I have a friend who is working with EY as a CC and when I see her it really breaks my heart cos I cudnt get in.

Jump7
18th May 2007, 18:08
Ahhh Julika keep your chin up and don't give up!! If you really want it you'll get it. So cliche but really everything happens for a reason. Keep on keepin' on! Good luck!!:)

missing_auh
18th May 2007, 20:45
Allo' allo'
so yes, its almost 2 weeks..., sitting tight. I Have a question though, and I am a tad bit curious. If anyone who made it through the assessment no problem got a no later on....do you know why? Is there a reason?? This is outta pure curiosity. Its been almost 2 weeks and no contact from them, so I'm still real hopeful.. But if anyone has any ideas, please reply. I'm sure there are others besides myself (and more to come) that are wondering.

Thanks. (and good luck to everyone)

Jo:)

peachesvalera
19th May 2007, 03:50
hi julika! don't give up. from what i have heard, the recruiters during the assessment day has no say when your paper works are with the management already. the management will be the ones to approve your application. the recruiters, as long as you make it until the final interview, you're good. unless, you stuttered or did something wrong with your final interview. there's always a next time. maybe, you're not what they are looking for at the moment. i know some people who joined EY assessment twice or thrice before they got accepted. if you really want to work for EY then just try again.

for those who are waiting:
hang in there! all the wait is worth it once you receive the call... by the way, me and my friends have a theory that EY sends regret letters after the first week of the assessment. so if you don't get regret letters then they might just call you anytime soon! oh, its just a theory ok? no assurance that it is a fact! good luck guys!

Julika
19th May 2007, 04:12
Hi Guys...

Thank you so much for the replies:). Although I am still sad but I will not give up because this is what I really want. I did my degree in Business Administration and I have worked for almost 6 months as a marketing executive. The job was excellent but...I am not happy with it. I just can't stop thinking about being an air stewardess. Therefore I am gonna try again after 6 months.
To those who made it congratulation!! and to those who are still waiting good luck and be patient.
Hope to see you in Abu Dhabi hopefully when I get it next time.
* Please give me tips...Thank you in advance.

With Love

Julika

etihadCC
19th May 2007, 20:05
Is anyone here waiting from Toronto for a response from Etihad?

Jump7
19th May 2007, 21:36
There's a few of us waiting to hear back...were you there on the Sat or Sun? Did you go to the open call or were you invited? They did say it might take a bit longer that 2 weeks...:ugh:
Godd luck:ok:

etihadCC
19th May 2007, 22:06
Jump7,

i was there on the saturday. you?

cherrie
19th May 2007, 22:16
:sad:hi guys thank you for all of your answers to my questions but i didnt make the cut unfortunately. i have nearly 3 years flying experience so i dont know why i didnt get through. :confused: they mustnt have liked what they saw i guess. only 10 out of 65 made it through the brisvegas assessment day. congrats ozziegirl i knew youd make it through.:D

does anyone know if you can apply in abu dhabi in person? i know you can do this with EK but not sure on EY. If anyone can help with details etc i would be greatly appreciative. i really want to work for EY and dont mind travelling to Abu Dhabi to get them to recruit me.

thanks xo C

Jump7
19th May 2007, 22:59
etihadCC
I was there on Sunday afternoon.

ozziegirl
19th May 2007, 23:23
Hey!!

i think i know who you are now as you were the only one that put there hand up who had been a flight attendant before when asked. If it is you who i am thinking of, i thought you did really well, you came across confident, mature and you were groomed to perfection.

I do beleive things happen for a reason, i am very certain that you will get picked up by another airline just as good as Etihad!!!

Keep trying and dont give up!!;)

ozziegirl
19th May 2007, 23:29
Hi!!

I was invited to the assessment day via email, they conducted 2 assessment days - Thursday & Friday. They took 10 to the finals on Thursday and another 10 on Friday, it was out of 120.
Thanks!!

Just make sure you keep checking there website so you can see when they will be here next or alternatively you can meet them in another state..

Good luck.

TanyaD
20th May 2007, 00:49
Congratulations to everyone who has made it through the interviews. For those of you who didn't make it stay positive and keep trying, very cliche but everything does happen for a reason and I'm sure you'll get there.

Nick
I hope you had a fantastic flight to AUH and enjoyed your first day of training today. Get some rest and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.

Take care and hope to fly with you all soon.

TanyaD;)

etihadCC
20th May 2007, 01:09
Hey Jump7,

Did you make it to the end of the assessment day? PM me and we can chat over msn or something.
cheers

flying_mom
20th May 2007, 02:31
Hi everyone! I am just new in this forum...:O

I would like to congratulate those who passed the assessment and those who will be flying out to AUH. :D You sure deserve your stint in the company!

Now for my dillemma...I have been dreaming of being a flight attendant/cabin crew ever since. Now there's alot of opportunity for me to be in a very good airline like EY. My problem is, I am scared that I won't be accepted since I am already a mom. Most of the people I know says that when I apply as a cabin crew, I would have to be single meaning no child, as this can cause the denial of my application. An alternative they say, is, I have to deny my child (Meaning not declaring that I have a kid):(. They say alot of cabin crews are denying their real status.

Does anyone know if etihad is accepting married applicants with children. I wouldn't want to hide the fact that I am already a mom? I've looked at the qualifications online and it did not specify that I have to be single. So I would really like to try.

Help please!!! I am so confused!

Thanks! Have a great flight everyone!

peachesvalera
20th May 2007, 02:39
hi flying mom! EY accepts applicants with children and are married. I did have someone with me who recently received the call from EY to proceed with her medicals who is a mom. She didn't deny to EY that she was married nor did she have a child. :) So, I don't think EY is biased on the fact that some of their applicants are married and are with children. :ok:

laana_k
20th May 2007, 03:44
hi everyone,
has anybody got invited for an assesment day in auh on 27th of may?

jetsetterbfs
20th May 2007, 14:24
Hi!

I had a phone call today and I too have been invited to the assessment on 27th May. It was a little out of the blue!

It is for the Cabin Manager position, so if anyone has any details of what I can expect I would greatly appreciate it. I haven't really been told what to expect, basically I am being flown out the day before and coming back the day after! That is all the chap on the phone said.

Any details, please let me know.

Thanks

laana_k
20th May 2007, 16:10
hi..
everybody who has got invited for 27th assment day is only for crew manger post or are their cabin crew post as well???

mzdurga
21st May 2007, 04:55
Anyone attended the assesment [SG] on the 13th May and awiting replies from Etihad??

epstein22
21st May 2007, 05:47
Hi mate, I was also in the same interview as you and made it till the end. Havent heard anything yet. I guess no news is good news!!

TanyaD
21st May 2007, 06:44
Hey epstein22,

Congratulations on making it through the day. No news certainly is good news. EY seem to email the unsuccessful candidates in the first week or so and then it takes about two - three weeks before they contact the successful ones. I actually couldn't wait anymore and rang them after two weeks.

The wait is shocking but when you get the good news it's all worth it.

Best of luck and try not to drive yourself insane while you're waiting for that email or phone call.

Keep us updated.
TanyaD;)

weeflygirl
21st May 2007, 09:39
Hi Guys

I called them......

I'm through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awaiting security clearance but thats it!

Nickvan
21st May 2007, 11:27
Greetings all!! :}:}

Im finally here and into my 2nd day of induction...Guys so far so good!

The apartment im staying during the training is really nice...its one of many Sahara Residence you guys will be staying..they are scattered around AUH. I met Violinplayer yesterday in the EY Cafetaria...very funny..hehehe

Did my uniform fitting today and everyone will get it on week 3 of training after your 1 week of induction.

Will post soon again..on a tight schedule..you guys will love it..and with the Phillipinos...theres alot of you guys around...Ryan Torres is one too..he;s a crackup!..so you wont be home sick...goodluck!!

weeflygirl
21st May 2007, 13:03
Hi Nick

Thanks for the update hope your enjoying the weather too!:D

Londonlaydee
21st May 2007, 14:48
Hey there
I too got impatient at waiting and called after 18 days (not that I was counting or anything).
Anyhoo I'm through too!!!! :D(I'm smiling as I write this) I'm just waiting for security clearance.

Does anyone know what happens after that? :confused:

lindaflychick
21st May 2007, 14:57
i think they contact you about getting your medicals done. me and weeflygirl gor through on the same day. we both had to call and find out what was happening. Do you work as cabin crew at the mo? xx

Londonlaydee
21st May 2007, 15:11
Congratulations on getting through.
No I've never been cabin crew before, but I'm sooooo excited (I'm sure it'll wear off).
How about u?

lindaflychick
21st May 2007, 15:14
no never. ive actually got through for both eithad and emirates final stage. i have just had to send pic off to emirates. i dont know why but i get a better feeling about eithad somehow i dont know why cause the waiting had been killing me. I think perhaps cause its a knew company and expanding etc.. i just hope i make the right choice xx

Londonlaydee
21st May 2007, 15:32
I applied for emirates but got cut just before the last stage (I was so sad after) they take at least 6 weeks to get back to you. good luck with that one aswell though, emirate do look like a good one to work for.

weeflygirl
21st May 2007, 17:30
Linda good to see you on here doll!

Londonlaydee

Cant wait for it all to start rolling at least we are out of our misery!

Jellie
21st May 2007, 20:33
Hi everybody

I had my assessment day at LHR on 3rd May, got all the way through and am now anxiously waiting that call!!!! :bored:

Congratulations to everybody who has got through and good luck to all those waiting. :D

Tigerlily84
21st May 2007, 20:59
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new on this site and have been through many of the posts - great stuff.

I've been invited to the open day for Etihad on the 27th. I've applied before for Emirates but wasn't accepted.

Anyone else going on the same day?

tina_24
22nd May 2007, 00:21
Good Day!

Nickvan,

Its so nice to hear from you! Thank you for keeping us updated. Hows the weather there? Anyways, can you comment/ suggest on what things to be brought there, just in case? Is the one you're staying will be your permanent? Keep us posted although you'll be busy these days... Enjoy your training.

TanyaD, when are you going there?

melboy
22nd May 2007, 00:55
Hi there everyone,
Ive been reading this thread for the past few days...
I had an interview with Etihad last monday (14th May) in melbourne, and made the final stage too!
Im now just waiting to see if i will be accepted!
Im soo nervous, and the days seem to be taking soo long!
Just a quick question, if i was to be successful, when do you think i would start work in Abu Dhabi??
Its great to see soo many Aussies on here...i do hope we will be working togather at a later stage!
Many thanks,
Melboy:)

p.s....Nickvan, is it true that the uniforms are Armani, and that the shoes are Ferragamo???

laana_k
22nd May 2007, 03:05
hi..yeap even i hve been invited..its not an open day as far as i know.only the people they hve invited can go.i will be flying there the day before..anyways hope to see you on sunday.

good luck

peachesvalera
22nd May 2007, 05:08
hey nickvan! its so nice to know that you're doing well. thanks for updating us to what is happening to you. now im more eager to start training and everything else! :)

TanyaD
22nd May 2007, 08:03
Hey Melboy,

Congratulations on making it through to the final interview.

It's that dreaded two week wait for you, I feel for you.

In answer to your question, once you receive the call you must then proceed with the medical, which will take a few days at best for you to get everything done.

Once you have passed your medical and received your contract, if you are not currently working, you will be able to start as soon as possible.

I had to give notice at work so had to wait one month, but another guy from the last Melbourne interviews left at the start of the month, so it all went very quickly for him but he wasn't working at the time.

I hope this helps and best of luck to you.
TanyaD;)

CC23
22nd May 2007, 09:45
Hi all... I'm New to all of this... including the aviation industry... I was just wondering if anyone knew how long does it normally take the Etihad recruitment team to finalize the cabin crew contracts? I'm living in Australia and I'm currently going through the recruitment process for cabin crew.. I have faxed my Medical papers to them 3 weeks ago but I have still not heard anything. I have sent them 1 reminder email, but don't want to send anymore as I don't want to seem too persistent about it, although I am stressing a little as right now my life is on hold until further notice... can anyone give me a rough indication of how long it can take after faxing your medical papers.

HELP!! :ugh:

Many Thanks :ok:

melboy
22nd May 2007, 11:18
Thanks very much for your info!
Just with regards to the medical tests, will i be given a list of what i need to have checked??
I read somewhere here, that we were given a med-check list on the day of the interview but im sure there wasnt any med papers there!
The re-assurance would be much appreciated!
Many thanks,

Btw, Congrats on getting through!! You must be over-the-moon!!:D

TanyaD
22nd May 2007, 12:38
Hey Melboy,

If you didn't get your medical papers on the day don't worry because they are attached to the email they send you when they confirm you are through to the next stage.

The medical is pretty extensive though and you will need a chest x-ray, dental x-ray, all outstanding dental work to be completed, all vaccination needles, blood tests etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on.

Nothing to stress about though, just plenty to get organised.

And yes, i'm sooo excited and can't wait to fly out.

Talk soon
TanyaD;)

mamitalinda
22nd May 2007, 12:39
hey melboy! tell u these guys take their time...got the "job", but didnt had any med papers on my interview day aswell, call them about 2weeks ago and sayd they where gona send them but still no news.... so i guess ur not the oly one:zzz:

TanyaD
22nd May 2007, 12:41
Hey CC23,

Whereabouts in Australia are you??? Maybe you should give them a call to confirm they even got your papers and if so just confirm everything is okay and do they require any further information from you.

The recruitment team are wonderful and always friendly and helpful, they are very busy but a quick phone call won't hurt.

Give them a call and let us know how you go.

TanyaD;)

TightSlot
22nd May 2007, 13:00
Please ask yourselves just how smart it is to publish the names of apartments where crew live, and places where they go on a public forum: Even if you don't care, maybe some of those already there might object, and they'd be the ones to know?

oneworldairline
22nd May 2007, 14:12
Hey im waiting for the call too... Ive been comforting a friend who was on the recruitment day with me and she also made it to the final round. However, she got the email yesturday telling her she was unsuccessful, it was sad to see her cry and make her fill out all those paper work etc and then get knock back.

OH guys was wondering, with regards to the dental x ray wat r they lookin for? like i have wisdom teeth growing but i dont need to take it out yet do they make u take it out? if u send it in will they tell u to take it out to be successful or will they know u back?

hum.. man this medical thing is more complicated than qantas thats for sure

well congrads to those who are waiting and to those who are flyin in the skies

owa

ozziecrew
22nd May 2007, 14:32
in regards to your teeth issue, i have exactly the same problem, i have one wisdom tooth poking out the back, but as long as it isn't hurting and the dentist says its fine. my dentist put fine and healthy for the remarks, and i have been told by EY that everything is sweet!! so no need to worry about teeth thing, i also have half a fake front tooth, but u can't notice that either.

EYtruth
22nd May 2007, 14:40
Mod delete - Text Speak

gfgirl99
22nd May 2007, 14:59
:)Thats actualy good news for ey crew. You can't expect good motivation without some seniors monitoring you and at the end give your apreisals.its gonna be blessing in disguise for you guys. and hey all major airlines have a cabin supervisor in each cabin beside purser.......
Talking about increased salary that will be your way too....
:D

gfgirl99
22nd May 2007, 15:08
hi ey girls and guys......
what do you think about half the gulf air girls(senior and experienced crew) coming to ey ???

etihadCC
22nd May 2007, 17:13
Hey all,

Does anyone know what the security clearance process consists of?

lindaflychick
22nd May 2007, 17:32
are they why? i was meant to join gulf air a while back but i ended up i could not go because of reasons at home. is it cause the CEO was at gulf air and is now at EY?

TanyaD
22nd May 2007, 21:07
Hey Tina 24,

I am waiting on flight details but will hopefully start training 3rd June.

What's happening with you?

Etihad CC
Not sure what the security clearance consists of, was told it takes about a week to come through though.

Take care
TanyaD;)

tina_24
23rd May 2007, 01:28
TanyaD,

Just done with Medical Exams and just passed those to Sir Ryan. Its another waiting session but not in a hurry as i want to spend more time with my family and friends. Did you already receive your flight details? How long it took until they notify you about that? Thank you dear!!! :)

TanyaD
23rd May 2007, 06:52
Tina 24

I haven't received my flight details and believe that you don't receive the flight confirmation and details until a couple of days before you fly out.

I contacted Ryan to confirm he received my medicals and it took about a week to discuss training dates etc.

Hope this helps.

TanyaD;)

lindaflychick
23rd May 2007, 11:03
am not sure what security clearance consists off but it prob is just in case you have been in jail or you have been deported from another country etc i would think x

wannaflEY
23rd May 2007, 12:38
hey,
Just like you, i'm also done with my medicals and have passed the results to sir ryan torres, did he ask for your preferred joining date already. I emailed him a while ago and told him my desired date. although he told me last monday that the results of our medical assessment would come out early next week pa. Waaaaaahhhh. Another week of waiting. Feels so exciting. Hahaha. See you in AUH. :)

sassycess
23rd May 2007, 15:39
hey tina24, wannafley,

glad to meet all of you guys here...

Same thing with me I already pass my medical forms etc..and I'm also waiting for the confirmation..i really hope ryan will give us a call asap,,:bored:

i had a friend before who submitted all the medical requirements but un fortunately she did not make the final cut,she havent given any flight details and the HR that time told her to wait. 7 months had passed she didn't receive any call from etihad..:confused:,she told me it's because of the change of management because her medicals was all clear:sad:they also told her she had been shortlisted to think that she already spent a lot of money for the vaccines etc.but that was last year.I think they're now more organized..
i was wondering if etihad will do such things like this???i jus hope it won't happen to us...:(

tina_24
24th May 2007, 00:02
WannaFley,

I emailed my results just yesterday and havent got any confirmation yet from Ryan whether he received it . Should I call him to confirm things? Did he gave you dates to choose from? When is yours? Yeah its another waiting game but like its all worth it. No problem with waiting... Are you on the 22nd or 21st?

SassyCess,

Thats not so cool... I hope it won't happen to us.:yuk: Did your friend try to talk or ask the HR to further review her application since she's clear with everything... Thats must be hurt.. after all the effort and expenses for medical. What date you prefer to join?

TanyaD,

Thanks, and good luck! Have a safe trip and enjoy your training!!:D

khalida
24th May 2007, 01:09
WHAT ARE YOU REALLY THINKING ABOUT EY INTERVIEW
:eek:

sassycess
24th May 2007, 02:38
Tina24

I think I'll chose the earliest flight going to abu dhabi..probably by 2nd week of june if they have a sched. training that time.Because I already packed my things, i thought I'll be leaving for kuwait airways(as in I've done all the medical stuff,already have a visa etc.), actually they'll be leaving tomorrow(without me):(Etihad called me up so instead of going for kuwait i chose the better one..I just really hope I made the right choice..

wannaflEY
24th May 2007, 04:21
Tina24
I was with the april 22 batch. What batch are you? I've been communicating with some of my batchmates and luckly we all got in for medicals. Whew. That was a long wait. :) Yup another week of waiting and that's it. I just hope we all get possitive response from them. I just resigned from my job and after this i'm no where to go if not EY. I dont like what i do anymore so...nothing to lose but the relationship i had with my co workers for 8 years. :(

sassycess
your story is scary! Let us all hope and pray that we'll all get in. best of luck. Given the chance i would wanna be in June 24 batch. they have new batches every week so i guess if ever we pass the medicals, that's the time they'll ask us our pref. joining date. :)

TO THE REST OF US
Prayer works. Lift the faith! See you all in AUH!

Be blessed.

Amelia84
24th May 2007, 04:26
Hi everyone,
Im playing the waiting game at the moment..it makes me so excited reading this forum.. hehe
Just a question on the medicals..a few people have given a brief run down on what is tested but I was wondering if anyone might be able to be more precise and give us a list of exactly what you had done..

missing_auh
24th May 2007, 06:09
Hey Everyone,
For anyone wondering why the process takes its time, heres a quick rundown.
All of this takes place post-final interview.
The first two weeks of waiting.:ugh: This is usually the follow up period. Its when the documents you filled up at the Final Interview are put through with the hiring staff in Abu Dhabi. They usually have to look at it, approve it, and ..generally speaking...follow up on it.
The next few weeks of waiting.:ugh::ugh: The security Check. After the above stage (the first two weeks is completed), the document you filled up, the one with the Arabic on it, is now sent from the Etihad HR office to the Government, who basically does a background check on you. from there the Etihad HR Admin are notified of whether or not the Security clearance was passed or failed, and they contact you. So calling Etihad to check on the status of your security clearance will not get you any information. Apparently, this can take several(but not limited to) weeks. So, this is probably the longer of the waiting periods. If you come back with a clear, they contact you with details on the medical.

PS> If you're Canadian citizen, and you can start the job without requiring a one months notice, you do the medical in Abu Dhabi, but if you do need the one month period to get things together, you can do the medical in Canada.

What happens after that? not too sure, but if anyone has any ideas...feel free to post.

Jo:)

flying explorer
24th May 2007, 06:41
hi, guys! just want to ask somethin from you. i believe you are all from the phils. how is the assessment being done by etihad recruitment? i just tried qatar and i cant seem to understand their basis for assessment since they haven't given us a chance to talk. please give me an advice. i dont wanna lose hope coz it's really my dream to become an fa. thanks!

sassycess
24th May 2007, 07:15
Wannafley

hi wannafley, I am on the 1st batch (May21)
I agree with you..prayer does work..:ok:

Flying Explorer

Just run through some posts here and you'll find helpful answers to your questions..for a brief answer, i can say that the etihad recruitment team is somehow organized.
1st, you need to get an invitation for you to be part of the assesment day.Log on to etihad website and apply there.
2nd,once you get invited you will go through the interview process.
3rd You will perform the reach test,
4th one on one interview where you will choose an object and explain it,
5th written english exam
6th they will cut almost half of the applicants applicants, then you will be given a topic to discuss one by one
7th group discussion
8th final cut and the final interview.. goodluck to you...:)

flying explorer
24th May 2007, 07:30
i appreciate your kindness, sassycess :) thanks a lot and God bless you :)

Gloria
24th May 2007, 09:44
Hi all, are there any aussies heading to Abu Dhabi for CM assessments on the 27/29 May. Hasn't been any mention- is anyone heading over from SYD on sat 26th? Good luck to all going over.

Tigerlily84
24th May 2007, 12:00
Not Aussie but I'm going for the assessment on the 27th. Good luck Gloria and hope to see you there :)

tina_24
24th May 2007, 23:36
Sassy,
Whew... you are really ready to go :D Thats nice. Well its a good thing you yet open yourself to opportunities even though you already got in Kuwait :O Blessing indeed. I'm pretty sure you made the right choice dear! Suggest me on what to bring? Can I bring my whole room.. harharhar, kidding!

Wannafley,
I was on the 22nd as well. :O I was planning to leave first week of July if I'll be permitted by EY because I want to spend more time with my family... I would really miss them :sad: Funny.. we've been making plans even we don't have any idea yet with the medical results.. but I hope everything will be well. I'm ready to pack up!! Excited!!!:}

Flying Explorer,
Just in case you apply online and didn't get a invitation call for the assessment, call them and appropriately ask them to review your application. Don't forget to give your reference ID. :Oand do this a week earlier to the actual assessment. Advice: be the best of yourself! Good Luck!! Have faith and never loss hope!

flying explorer
25th May 2007, 00:37
thanks so much, tina_24. i've been in another airline's assessment yesterday but i didnt make it. i was hoping for any idea that you can give regarding the personalities of the accepted applicants. i also want to assess myself if i had done something wrong or what do i lack to become an fa. thanks again for your kindness :)

etihadCC
25th May 2007, 04:33
Hey all,

To those who have been accepted and are heading over to AUH, how long did you have to wait until you got security clearance?

AN_24
25th May 2007, 09:12
hi etihadcc, hi everyone! Im visiting the site very often but that's my first post.
today is exactly 4th week of my waiting .:ugh::ugh: it is really terrible I called them on monday and the lady told me that my docs have been passed for security check which can take 1-2 weeks. one has passed already so I pray next week to be the last to wait. How about you etihadcc? how long have you been waiting?

etihadCC
25th May 2007, 17:29
Hey AN_24,

Ive been waiting the same time as you basically. One week has passed since they told me my files was passed by HR and has been sent to security for clearance. That was one week ago. Im hoping they wont take too much longer. I really want to know because i have alot of commitments here! I think they will probably take one more week. maybe even two, because for some people it took up to 2 months for security clearance!:confused: so im hoping they let us know fast!

Cheers!

melboy
25th May 2007, 18:21
Hi all,
It's 4am and i cant sleep...Im having second thoughts about the whole thing - whether i shoud go or not!
Firstly, its such an exciting job and i know it would be soo much fun, even just to do for a few years...
But the problem is, well firstly, i havent finished my studies....im still at uni studying business...and if i go, i may never complete my degree! In 10 years time, i may look back...and wish i had done things differently!
The other issue on my mind is GROOMING! Im a young male, with sensitive skin. When i had the interview - both days - i had stuble (2 day growth) on my face....i havent shaven properly in maybe 3 years....i just beard trim it every second day, keeping it clean and sharp....
However, ive been told by a friend that no facial hair will be accepted when flying by the grooming officer!
I dont want to go all the way to AUH, be forced to shave properly...get some sort of rash or initiate some lot of pimples....and then not be able to fly, due to my sensitive skin!
Im soo...confused...and a little sad!
Im not sure what to do!
I wanted to go to the emirates oper day today (9am) but i doubt i will! I have been looking forward to getting a phone call to start my meds...but im thinking of now declining!
In regards to the money earnt....for the first two monnths (training)...im anticipating its very little (3000AED)...and once flying...if lucky, it could reach up to (including all additions) 8000AED...with regards to that, i think i can earn more if i stay here in Melbourne!
ALthough i see a lot of fun, and a great experience....im not sure if its the right timing for me! After completing my degree, i would deinately re-consider doing it....but until then, i dont think it is visable!
And to those who are still waiting, and or ready to leave, congrats, best of luck and i wish you all a wonderful and enjoyable future with EY!!
Thanks for reading....if you have any comments, please add them or alternatively, pls msg me.
Many thanks,
Casey

Tigerlily84
25th May 2007, 19:03
Hi melboy,you don't really know me but I've read your posts in this forum. I have just finished a degree, moved to the UAE. The decision doesn't get easier *after* you get a degree. I had to think about the fact that 10 years from now, if I don't like being a F.A, I will have to re-enter the job market on par (maybe even lower) with someone who has just got out of school. It makes me wonder if my degree will go to waste. A lot of people have tried to talk me out of it but when I have doubts, I always ask myself - what job will I be happiest doing? The answer is always the same for me and that's how I made up my mind. There are always reasons and excuses :)

Of course, what you decide is your choice entirely but I just thought I'd chip in with my 0.2 cents :P

Good luck with whatever you choose!

AN_24
26th May 2007, 06:30
:eek::eek::eek:
O,no!! 2 months waiting just for security check??? that sounds awful! Tell ME YOU ARE JOKING how come it is so fast for some and so so so long for others.. that is what I DO NOT UNDERSTAND as the procedure is all the same .
I dont know about all of you guys waiting, but every next day for me comes with new hope for a call and goes away with :{ . Im going crazy thinking 24/7 only about the call from auh.:confused:
anyway, I strongly hope next week we get a call!
cheers!

EYtruth
26th May 2007, 09:41
Melboy,
If I were you, I would definitely finish university, and think all over it again. I did that.
Having a degree is not a big guarantee once when u stop doing this job, but at least u have something in your hands.
One way or another, decision is totally yours. Good luck!!!

:ok:

Nickvan
26th May 2007, 13:08
Hey all..

First week of inductions for training have gone past. Start initial SEP training tomorrow for 7 weeks.
So far so good. They have 2-4 batches starting everyweek.....they are very busy from what I can see at the training academy.

Weve been informed there are CC here for EY who just whine and whinge and are still here & yet still working for EY. Weve been told these are the ones who just ruin it for everyone and the Image of EY. Did experience it on our flight from SYD-AUH. EY have been straight up with us new recruits and everything is on paper and signed.
So best of luck with everyone on making their decision. Im happy ive made the right choice.

pinkus
26th May 2007, 20:33
Nick I give it 3 months and you will be bitching in the galley with the best of them. Its what we do.

What do you call a group of cabin crew in a basement?

A WHINE cellar.

EYtruth
27th May 2007, 09:06
Lol, good one Pinkus :}

Honestly, whining is something we're very good at, lol. Even if everything is perfect, u'll find something to complain about.
But, that's human nature ...

Nickvan, we'll talk to u in 3 months about this :p, and u'll owe us a drink ;)

CC23
27th May 2007, 13:03
Hi All...

called Ryan again regarding my medical papers.. I told him i havent heard anything for 3 weeks.. he told me to email them again to him.. so i did.. i asked him how long it could possibly take... and he said 1 week (he did sound really preoccupied at the time).. so should i call and confirm in 1 week? Does anyone think this is a wise idea??Also... is it true that they only give you your date to fly out a couple of days in advance to when you do fly out?? So how do you know when to resign from your current position? how do u know when to get things packing? and how do they normally contact you with this information? via email? online? mail?

If someone knows please let me know... it feels like im living my life in limbo at the moment.:ooh:

oh and TanyaD.. im from melbourne.. thank you for replying:ok:

simple_smile
27th May 2007, 14:27
"Manila April Assessment"

Any contracts from EY?

How was it going guys?

After sending all medical papers, how long should we wait?

Pray hard!
Thank you!

peachesvalera
27th May 2007, 15:00
hmm.. no calls yet nor advice when we will be able to leave.. no contracts too.. ryan replied to me when i sent my medicals.. he confirmed that he received my email + medicals and that he will give me a call as soon as the results are out.. :)

weeflygirl
27th May 2007, 16:18
Just got the call go in 2 weeks 10th June,,,,,

simple_smile
28th May 2007, 01:36
peachesvalera

Okay, thanks! Lets us all pray hard!
When did you send your medicals?

peachesvalera
28th May 2007, 06:50
i sent it like last tuesday i think.. :)

simple_smile
28th May 2007, 08:18
okay peachesvalera, pray hard and keep posting for updates!

To all Manila people, keep praying!

Thanks!

lindaflychick
28th May 2007, 09:40
does anyone have ryan's email address please? i have been trying to contact HR by telephone but cant get through. And i am the only one who hasnt heard anything out of our assessment group. One girl got a rejection email and the other two Ryan has called them to say they have job. I called before and they said management had approved me and now nothing!

Cheers xx

ozziegirl
28th May 2007, 10:07
Hi Guys,

im still in the waiting game, 1 week has passed by.. i think i have another week to wait until i hear from them..

Just a quick question: If you are successful how will they notify you? via phone or email?

Hope someone can answer me question
Thanks guys:)

peachesvalera
28th May 2007, 10:47
most receive calls.. but in my case, i was on panic mode since i found out that the people from my batch already received their calls and i didn't so i decided to send them an email.. luckily, they replied the next day that it was a go signal for me for my medicals..

Moshi Moshi
28th May 2007, 10:58
Hi Guy, I just came back from CM assessment on 27th and I feel that I couldn't pass it. All of them are more experiences and older than me, but i'm ok. Accept before I left, EY committee asked me if I didn't become CM, will you want to be Cabin Crew? I said yes to them.
But what do you think Ey will accept me as CC if I'm not qualified for CM? I just want to join EY, no matter CM or CC. Now I'm still waiting the result.

sassycess
28th May 2007, 14:13
lindaflychickgot a pm for you

to all manila peeps

guys i can't wait for that call...I'm tired of waiting...huhu...hope good things come for all of us waiting for that call again..for those who already receive a call from them hope you guys inform us alright..:p

missing_auh
28th May 2007, 15:44
Hey everone
I finally got "the call".:ok: They finished the security check, and I got sent the info to proceed. I think.... that my fly out date is in 20 days. I gotta do some medicals here, and some of them in AUH. Good luck to everyone.:ok:

PS. my wait time was exactly 3 weeks, with little or no news in between. So like NickVan said, "No news, is good news"

Seeya
Jo

TanyaD
28th May 2007, 15:49
Hi CC23,

Ryan seems to be the only person anyone deals with, so if he seems pre-occupied that's probably because he's so busy, but he always does have time for you.

Yes I would call him in one week to check that your medicals are okay.

Yes it is true that they give you flight details a few days prior to flying out, but the date you leave will be discussed prior with Ryan and also the date you start training will be discussed with Ryan prior, so you kind of have a pretty good idea what day you're leaving anyway.

I didn't resign from my current employment until I received the contract and it was signed and confirmed that EY received it. I also contacted Ryan and asked if I definately had the job and that I could resign, just to make sure.

You will be contacted via telephone to discuss dates and your flight details are confirmed via email a few days prior.

I hope this helps you, if you need anymore help let me know and I'll do my best.

TanyaD;)

lindaflychick
28th May 2007, 18:00
got the "call" today from Ryan thank god was panicing a bit there! A also got the contract however am not handing in my notice until i get all my medicals done here and EY have confirmed that everything is ok. i dont want to give up ma job get out there and if somethings up, they send you home and I aint got a job to come back to. Can anyone also shed any light what you should bring with you. do you need towels, bedding things for kitchen etc???

Thanks all x

Nickvan
28th May 2007, 19:37
Congrats lindaflychick :cool::cool:

What to bring? To be honest, you wouldnt know till you arrive here.
Some of us are staying in temporary accomadation (Which has everything and has housemaids who clean daily tidying/changing towels etc etc) till training is completed. Approx 8 weeks.
Whereas other batches moved straight into their permanent apartments. All depends on whats available at the time of commencement.

TanyaD - See you in 5 days!!!!!!:D

Missing_AUH - You wont be alone..plenty of Canadians here...you will get to mix with alot of different walks of life/cultures & nationalities during training. Its awesome!

lindaflychick
28th May 2007, 20:24
thanks how are enjoying it anyhow? whats abu dhabi like?

xLx

ozziegirl
28th May 2007, 22:18
Hi to all!

Is there anyone here, who attended the assessment day in Brisbane on the 18th May and who made it to the final interview?

If so, just wondering if you have heard anything from the recruitment team...

The wait is torture!!!

crabbiefatty
29th May 2007, 04:40
Hi my dear!

I've submitted my medical last week. Why'd you think Ryan didn't acknowledge it??? And some of our batchmates weren't called yet for medical:bored:

peachesvalera
29th May 2007, 05:43
i think ryan is just very busy.. i just got lucky that he was able to reply to my email when i sent him my medicals... if you read in this forum, he is like in-charge of almost everything.. :eek: so i guess we just have to wait..

tell your friends to email ryan about their status.. if they will proceed with their medicals or not.. coz in my case, ryan was not able to call me but he emailed me to proceed with my medicals..

CC23
29th May 2007, 08:08
Thank you TanyaD

I really appreciate your reply.. Yeah I called Ryan again.. and he should be getting back to me with my medical results after the weekend.. so hopefully everything will run smoothly :)

Thanks again :ok::ok::ok:

neokay9
29th May 2007, 08:46
I've been waiting for the call from Ryan for a month.
Anyone has Ryan's phone no.?
Please help me:\

Thanks

wannaflEY
29th May 2007, 10:29
Whew...after the long wait finally...true to what ryan said..."We'll let you know early next week". Although Im the one who made the follow up call...still I got the results! Yey! I'm okay with my medicals and will just have to wait for the contract he'll be sending tomorrow or midnight tonight. Haaayyyy! It takes alot of courage to do all the follow ups especially when i have already resigned with work without knowing if i passed the medicals or not. I have no where to go if ever i didnt make it to the medicals. But God is indeed good! To him be all the glory! Haaaaayyy! I feel so high...:)

Manila People
I know its hard to wait...maybe if we can do the follow ups ourselves...like email or call ryan...I'm sure they'll understand us. And of course never give up on praying. Ryan asked me my preferred joining date...i told him june 17. I hope some people here would prefer the same coz i dont wanna fly alone...although I am not...but the more the marrier, right? :) Guys...never give up! See you all in AUH! :)

simple_smile
29th May 2007, 11:02
wannaflEY

Congratulations!
I want to know when did you send your medicals?

Thank you!

neokay9
29th May 2007, 11:33
Congrats!!

Can I get Ryan's phone no?
I can not wait anymore:ugh:

Thanks

sassycess
29th May 2007, 11:57
Wannafley,

Im really happy for you girl..I'm sure you can now have a goodnight sleep today not being bothered about that phone call thing..hehe..well i guess you are the 1st from manila who got a phone call from ryan regarding the schedule of training..:D..I'm still hoping I could receive mine too...take care girl...congrats:ok:

etihadCC
29th May 2007, 12:15
Hey all!

I called EY last night and was told i passed security clearance and as they were talking to me on the phone my contract came in by e-mail. I Told them i can leave within a week and was told that is going to be arranged and to stay on top pf my e-mails as he will be sending my flight details soon.

Dont worry everyone! The wait will pay off!

Good Luck

wannaflEY
29th May 2007, 13:55
Thanks guys. First of all I'm not a girl. Hhehehe. 2nd, Ryan didnt call me...i made the call...actually been calling them like hell everytime they exceed the days promised to us. hahaha. It feels awkward everytime I call them cause I dont wanna look like I want the job that bad...although I do. hahah. :) I just hope they wont get tired of me...I know its hard for them to entertain calls from us specially they are swamped with tons of paper works. whew. lets just understand why its taking them that long.

Simple smile,
Thanks. sent my medicals 5am sunday...but he didnt get it so i re-sent it monday around 4pm. I received an email from them that they got my medical results.

Sassycess,
I guess some of us has a joining date already. They are just not active with any of the forums we've been reading. You'll get a call friend. Good luck to you. :) Join me on the 17th! hehehe

Keep on praying friends. Be blessed!

simple_smile
29th May 2007, 14:33
Wannafley,

Did you send your medicals this Sun or Monday? May 27 or May 28?

wannaflEY
29th May 2007, 14:35
May 21

simple_smile
29th May 2007, 14:39
Wannafley,

So it took you almost 1 week? Anyways, congratulations again! So you will on the first batch?

wannaflEY
29th May 2007, 14:57
Yup one week. First batch? I thhought weekly there is a new batch joining?

violinplayer21c
29th May 2007, 15:28
guys,... please, always be nice and patient with ryan... he is like the busiest guy ive met here at EY... he is responsible for ALL the 200+ people who are in the academy right now, plus all the (i dont wanna know how many people that are) people that are about to come over etc. so everything will take it's time, but im sure he does everything to get you guys here asap ;) hope to see ya soon and good luck...

jane08
29th May 2007, 15:38
hi guys!

congrats to the ;) phils and Aussies whos going to fly to AUH!!
guy's would you mind to tell me the number of ryan?
im one of the lucky people who got in the interview on may 13, singapore
in ritz calrton milenia. The one who's organizing the interview is inter excel agency and the interviewer from etihad is Namisa:ok: a cabin manager and she is very sweet and cheerful ...15 of us got in" half are ex-cabin crews
i think:p... im thinking of calling them to follow up
pls pls guy would you mind sliping ryans number

thanks!!!

AN_24
29th May 2007, 16:06
so actually you were the one who called them? I wonder whether to call them again tomorrow, as this is my 5th week after the interview and still no call. Congratulations to you, etihadcc and to all that have already passed through the waiting torture!

neokay9
29th May 2007, 16:48
Congrats!!! All of Manila people~

I'm the one from Korea and the only person who didn't get a call from Ryan. I didn't get any result from EY so I called HR 2 weeks ago. I was told that I was accpeted and Ryan would call me. But still no email and call from Ryan. Going crazy.
I understand he's very busy and don't want to bother him.
But I wonder they missed my file or I submitted the wrong mobile no. so he can't reach me, so I emailed Ryan but he didn't check. Maybe he can't check his emails ever with tons of emails...
Can't get a contact with Ryan and I'm just waiting with doing nothing... It is real torture and very frustrating. I can't do anything...
Please someone helps me...

AN 24
I'm in the same boat here...
It has been 5 weeks...:confused:

wannaflEY
29th May 2007, 17:16
Oh my I remember you. We were in the same group in the group dynamics. You we're the priest. Im the doctor! Argh. Heheh. ANyways...i'll send you a pm now. :)

Jellie
29th May 2007, 17:59
Hi everybody

Can anybody tell me if having asthma is a problem? I'm just about to start my medicals for EY and don't want to waste all that money if its a big fat no!!!:}

Thanks

Kash
29th May 2007, 19:00
Hi guys,
please tell me a bit of the conditions of the actual work for EY.
-If you request a days off for exaple, do you always get them?
-How many roster requests do you have per month?
-Do you have a lot of roster changes during a month?
-Can you do promotional work for the company? ( Duty travel/promotions), if so, how to apply?

Please share your experiences and thoughts, highly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance:ok:
PS If you are willing to share it by e-mail, go ahead: [email protected]

EYtruth
29th May 2007, 19:41
Kash,
Most of the time u get requested days off.
One roster request per month and one swap per month.
U don'thave many roster changes during month. Only if u have standbys your roster can change a lot.
U can do promotional work for the company. U need to be a member of the promotional team. Ask people in HR about details.
:ok:

Jellie,
depends how bad your asthma is. There is one crew here, she must take Ventolin occasionaly, but she never has asthma attacks.
If u have serious condition, most probably they won't let u fly

Jellie
29th May 2007, 21:17
Thanks EYtruth, my asthma is very mild and I never have attacks but obviously its in my medical history so I was panicking a little!

epstein22
30th May 2007, 01:27
Is there anyone on here who made it to the last interview in Sydney on 12 May? Im still waiting....eeekkkk

sassycess
30th May 2007, 02:18
wannafley

i'm really sorry i didn't know that ur a guy..anyways congratulations dude hehe...i'm still thinking if i can call ryan today..i think it's too early to call but i have an appointment later....

i'm not pretty sure if i got the right number..any kind hearted people there who can give me his number??

so i guess if its 12pm here in manila, that's 8am in auh..:confused:and does office starts at 8am in auh???anyone knows...tnx a bunch!!!:O

mzdurga
30th May 2007, 02:29
Their office hours is from 7.30am - 3.30pm.

You can call the main line number and ask to be connected to Ryan from CC HR, HTH

ozziegirl
30th May 2007, 02:32
Hi guys!!

You can tell the wait is killing me!! it has been 12 days since my final interview. 18/5/07

How long for some did it take to find out??

They have said that it is a 2-3 week wait... arrgghhhhh.................
I had a look on my internet application status and it says that i am Under Review..

Would appreciate some feedback!!:)

epstein22
30th May 2007, 02:35
Hiya, Ive been waiting since 12 May. All Ive received is an email saying management are looking at my details and will get back to me. I know how you feel!! I think they are just SUPER busy at the moment!

mzdurga
30th May 2007, 02:37
I guess you can call em up after 2 weeks to enquire which is what i did. The lady who answered advised that i am through management and pending security check and that could take another 2 weeks!! ARGHHH

But i guess if you don;t hear from them within the first week you should have passed management and pending security clearance as well. Good luck:)

sassycess
30th May 2007, 07:30
thanks so much mzdurga...i am trying to contact ryan but the phone just keep on ringing...no one's answering the phone...i wonder why:confused::confused:hay...i'll just try to call him some other time...tnx again..take care!!!

Kash
30th May 2007, 07:35
EYTruth, Thanks so much for replying,
Do you know any details of the promotional work( type, pay etc..)?
CMB as far as I understood is both layover and turnouround, how many hours is the layover and if you are staying in the centre or in airport hotel?
How many hours you stay in NY and in which location?
One more query about roster.Do you usually get "fair mix or layovers and turnarounds" as the recruitment people said during presentation? Whats the story of stanbys, do you get them every month between flights like GF, or do you have a month of reserve like in EK?
Thanks again, best regards, see you soon in EY and happy flying.

AN_24
30th May 2007, 08:13
hey neokey9, I really understand how awful you feel! but you know what I did? I called them, and told them that my medicals take up to 40 days because of the vaccinations, and this is true, the doc told me that I can get sick if I have all the vaccines at once. So the lady there told me to proceed with my medicals eventhough my sec clearance is not ready yet. So I think you should call them, appologise for disturbing but ask what is going on as we are waiting for so long.
Good luck!

mzdurga
30th May 2007, 08:25
Did Etihad then send you the medical forms by email as I beleive they have a list of all the tests to be taken and also forms for your doctor to fill up.

peachesvalera
30th May 2007, 12:04
No more waiting for me! Ryan just phoned me around 2 hours ago that I'm cleared with my medicals and security! He asked me my preferred joining date and I told him I will let him know as soon as possible! I can't decide... I have this big family reunion this july.. about 100 of my relatives are attending.. from all over the world too.. Ryan told me I could join every sunday until july 22.. But I don't want to risk it! Whoa!

For those who are still waiting... hang on.. I'm sure Ryan will give you a call soon! :ok:

simple_smile
30th May 2007, 12:21
Peachesvalera,

Congratulations!

When did you send your medicals?

peachesvalera
30th May 2007, 13:33
call me peaches na lang.. i sent my medicals last week wednesday...

AN_24
30th May 2007, 13:57
I have my medical papers from the assessment day. they gave them to all that passed through.

simple_smile
30th May 2007, 14:49
peaches,

That was fast, it took you just 1 week, and deduct their weekend. What time did EY called you up?

peachesvalera
30th May 2007, 15:24
around 15 minutes before 6pm.. i actually sent ryan an email asking the update of my medicals.. then from their he called me already..

ozziegirl
30th May 2007, 22:13
Hi!!

Are you still waiting? have you tried calling them... i think if i havent heard from them this week i will call Tuesday...

It is 12 days today since i had my final interview...
The torture is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just want to know aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh...

tina_24
30th May 2007, 23:33
MNL People,

I called Ryan yesterday and inquired my application.. he said that I'm medically fit and can start packing now. :)I might go on the 17th as well. Is there anyone here who wants to leave on the 24th? I might change =D

Peaches dear, when do you want to leave?

epstein22
31st May 2007, 01:47
Hey. Dont get too worried. I think no news is good news, really. There is no other reason why they would be taking so long, other than to have Management approve the application. I might wait another week before calling. Dont wanna push it! Im up to about 2 1/2 weeks now since the final interview....
You'll be ok :)

ozziegirl
31st May 2007, 02:18
Thanks for the reassurance!!

Its just torture having to wait, i am checking my emails religiously and have my phone on me at all times lol ....

I would like to think for those who are waiting that we are waiting to be security checked and cleared than waiting to only be told that we were unsuccessful..

For all the people out there who are still waiting, Good Luck..

mzdurga
31st May 2007, 05:54
Ok, well none of us were given the forms as they had run out of copies. But i do have a soft copy of the medicals which was given to my friend who got through from the previous recruitment.

ANyways. Good luck AN 24!:) I hope the rest of us who are waiting will receive calls and emails soon!

tam10298
31st May 2007, 10:43
Hi Guys

Does anyone know when they would be having interviews in abu Dhabi in June/July?.............tks

elisa4
31st May 2007, 13:37
Same question for bahrain... one of the recruiters said that they would be back in bahrain in June, but not sure if that was only a rumour?? does any of the cc know anything about this?

peachesvalera
31st May 2007, 15:34
hey tina! i told ryan i want to join on june 17.. but im having second thoughts now.. i might move my date on the 24th of june...

AN_24
31st May 2007, 16:25
hi all! can somebody please tell me how the medical docs should be sent- via e-mail or by fax? and do the ex-ray pics need to be sent as well?
I would appreciate your answers! Thanks in advance :)

lindaflychick
31st May 2007, 19:10
just wondering if anyone can tell me what the flats etc are like and any further information on the salary per monrth GBP

cheers xx