PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Happenings (Merged)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Daza
3rd Dec 2004, 17:24
Air India have also applied for slots from BHX next summer
Daza

sisyphus1965
3rd Dec 2004, 21:10
Daza

What an earth as that got to do with "Manchester Happenings"?

Back to the thread
When are we going to see some "concrete poured". There most be a potential shortage of stands next summer and Taxiway Delta will become even more of a bottle=neck.

Thomas_Cook_757-300
3rd Dec 2004, 21:54
Hi,

There is a new cargo terminal in construction so I believe that the current one will be phased, demolished and turned into stands?

Regards
Thomas_Cook_757-300

This Charming Man
4th Dec 2004, 00:47
Hi all , a bit of investigating has produced the potential new services list.

Air Arran New twice daily BHD, additional LDY service services.
Air Polonia - 4xweek WAW service with B737-400
Afriqiyah Air - 2xweek Tripoli service on Wed & Sun with A320
Air Canada - daily YYZ with B767-200
Air India - 3xweek DEL-MAN-YYZ-MAN-DEL service with B777. Alitalia - daily FCO service with MD80
British Midland increase TLS from one to three per day.
Britishjet (New startup carrier) Daily MLA service with A320
Belavia - weekly Minsk with B737-500 .
Continental second daily EWR service with B757 eff.04Apr
Cathay Pacific - 3xweek HKG service via SVO on Mon, Wed and Fri with A340.
Delta Airlines - daily JFK service with B767-300 eff.27Mar
Sunair -3x a day CPH service with Do328.
Easy Jet - Five based B737-700's. to AGP, ALC,BIO, BSL, DTM, MAD, NCE, PMI and RMI all daily. AMS and NCL 2x a day, ORY 3x a day and BFS4x a day.
Iberia - Have re-applied for a daily MAD/BCN.
Lufthansa - 3rd daily HAM with CRJ .
Swiss - New GVA service , plus continuation of third ZRH service midday.
Sky Europe - New Bratislava service Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun . Krakow and WAW services Tue Thu & Sun eff. 29Mar all with B737-500.
CSA - Increase to 17 a week PRG service.
Estonian Air - 3x per week Tallinn service with B737-500 Tue, Fri and Sun.
Royal Jordanian - 2x week Amman service with A310 .
Hellas Jet - Increase from 2 to 5 per week to ATH.
Lithuanian Airlines - 3x a week Vilnius with B737-500
BA - 2nd daily PSA service, 3rd daily STR and increase SOU to seven per day.
Virgin Express - 3x per day BRU service with B737-300.
Virgin - Increase from six per week to Daily eff. 01May usinf B747-400 on all servcies.
Monarch - Two additional based aircraft, new destinations are twice per day MAD, daily MJV. Also a second daily FAO and third daily AGP services.
Zoom - 4xweek with B767-300. Deps. Are Mon YYZ, Thu YVR via YYC, Fri ,YYZ via GLA and Sat YVR all eff.19May.

Brgds
TCM :ok:

cbt_bear_MAN
4th Dec 2004, 07:37
Thats what I have hard and een evidence of too, TCM.

I have also seen the dchedules and flight nos. for the EZY flights, starting at 0325hs on 28/03/2005 with an arrival from Malaga.

gayrugbybloke
4th Dec 2004, 07:54
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays

CX273 arr MAN @ 0855
CX272 dep MAN @ 1005

All flights operated by A340 via Moscow.

andyloynes
4th Dec 2004, 08:59
This from today's Manchester Evening News:

EasyJet fuels air price war

BUDGET airline easyJet has been given the all-clear to fuel a Manchester Airport price war.

The no-frills airline, which has secured key summer landing slots, has spent millions buying 20 new Airbus jets and plans a huge expansion.

The airline's bosses are expected to make a final decision in the New Year on whether to take advantage of their new summer slots.

EasyJet says the move doesn't mean they will pull out of Liverpool John Lennon Airport, where it operates 13 cut-price routes and is in the fourth year of a 20-year deal.

Airline spokeswoman Samantha Day said: "We have been talking to Manchester for a number of years, but now we have taken the additional step of applying for the slots.

"Manchester is getting very busy and it's important we get our foot in the door - there's no point in deciding to go to Manchester if the airport is full.

"We have applied for the slots for summer 2005 and we will make a decision on them early in the New Year. Even if we don't take up the slots, we will apply for slots for the winter of 2005.

"We are due to take delivery of 20 new Airbus aircraft next year and we have to decide where to put them."

A statement from Manchester Airport said: "We are not aware of any firm plans by easyJet to come next year. If they do, they will be welcome alongside our other airlines."

However, an airport source told the M.E.N: "They've never applied for slots before.

"Even if they don't start in the summer, I think it would be just a matter of time. It would be great for passengers, who would have even more choice."

The arrival of easyJet would represent a major coup for Manchester and reinforce its new crown as the budget flights capital of the north.

The title had belonged to Liverpool until Manchester which embarked on a controversial cost-cutting drive, slashed landing fees and attracted a series of no-frills operators.

Last year, bmibaby became the airport's first major budget airline and now flies to 14 destinations.

This summer, bmibaby will operate 10 routes from Manchester after dropping Paris and Barcelona from its schedule.

A spokeswoman said: "We are confident we have a successful route mix from Manchester now. If easyJet do decide to operate out of Manchester, we will comment further."

During the week, the airport's latest arrival, Jet2.com, started the first of 11 a raft of new routes and then announced they would add be adding a 12th route to Amsterdam from £60 return including taxes.

Increasing competition has forced British Airways, which has already slashed many fares in response, to fight back with new routes and offers.

The new arrivals also helped Manchester pass the 20 million passengers a year mark barrier for the first time in February. Within two months, it had passed the 21 million mark.

Tim Jeans, managing director of Monarch Scheduled, whose seven services from Manchester to Spain and Portugal, are in direct competition with the new arrivals at the airport, said: "If easyJet arrive, it will be yet more competition and it will depress fares again.

"It will be good news for the passengers, bad news for the airlines."

"There are lots of reasons why an airline might apply for slots. One of them may be that easyJet is a bit upset with Ryanair launching so many routes from Liverpool earlier this year."

BA said it carried 2,685,000 passengers in November - a drop of 0.2 per cent compared with the same month last year.

MichaelDoyle
4th Dec 2004, 09:54
Hi
When will CX be announcing this flight?
Also I had an idea last night why dont BMI operate MAN-LHR-BOM so you can bokk MAN to BOM without changing aircraft and their trans atlantic passengers can connect onto that flight.
Thanks
Michael

Vuelo
4th Dec 2004, 14:25
EasyJet routes on sale Monday....?????????

GrahamK
4th Dec 2004, 14:32
70 minutes is quick to turnaround an A340 aint it?

gayrugbybloke
4th Dec 2004, 16:38
I would assume that it will only refuel as far as Moscow and then take on more fuel there....and possibly get a fuller clean in Russia too.....what do others think?

semisonic
4th Dec 2004, 21:22
These rumours are all great but what are the actual likelyhood of them materialising?

Fingers crossed! By the way what ever happened to the new China route and long-standing Thai rumour??

Scottie Dog
5th Dec 2004, 10:32
Thomas Cook_757-300

I see the question of a loco terminal has again raised its head.

When the original thread existed - that Vuelo (or somebody) deleted - there was talk of a new cargo terminal being buit. I think RampMan raised the topic. It was then discovered that the building work that he refered to was a new catering facility for Alpha, to replace the existing on by Terminal 3.

A very valid point was raised that the cargo bonding facility apparantly has to be located 'airside' in order to meet HMCE requirements - or something along those lines. On the basis of this, there is really no other location for the cargo terminal but where it is now.

I can not therefore see your comment having any validity, but I would be happy to be corrected.

gayrugbybloke
5th Dec 2004, 11:13
Something on BBC1 NW Politics Show at 1230 about Manchester Airport.

Dan319
5th Dec 2004, 15:48
Does anyone have any more info on BritishJet and its route to Malta?
Tried search on Google but didn`t find anything.

Dan :cool:

loveJet
5th Dec 2004, 17:00
any one got any more inside goss/knowledge on possible daily bournemouth - manchester flights...

i know the slots applied for were used for LGW instead, but are there any time slots left for a daily hourly flight to start with?

Boh-bfs indicates they would eventually do it, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

Jet

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
5th Dec 2004, 17:33
Could this be the first of many an Easyjet has just diverted into Manchester with a problem and at present has blocked 24R

Oh well! nice to see them anyway and he is down and safe

Golf India Bravo

Scottie Dog
5th Dec 2004, 18:10
Try the following hypothesis....

easyJet to make a sneak suprise announcement at Manchester on Monday.

easyJet smuggle aircraft into Manchester in advance to give a backdrop for the press!!

Oh well. it was fun when I initially thought of it.

Most importantly the aircraft and all on board are fine and Manchester did not loose any inbounds due to the blocked runway.

gayrugbybloke
5th Dec 2004, 18:49
IIt just so happens that an EZY jet has landed at MAN from AMS, having been unable to land at Liverpool!! Apparently......

Wonder if it will stay here for the announcement tomorrow.....??!!

ezy733
5th Dec 2004, 20:54
IIt just so happens that an EZY jet has landed at MAN from AMS, having been unable to land at Liverpool!! Apparently......

Wonder if it will stay here for the announcement tomorrow.....??!![QUOTE]
had problem with slats needed longer runway thats it! nothing else sorry to disappoint you all:E

Psiontech
5th Dec 2004, 21:00
Tomorrow (Monday 6th) there is going to be a meeting on the Future Size and Shape of Manchester.

Any news, rumors, information welcome.

ManofMan
5th Dec 2004, 21:26
Maybee thats there plan, operate all flights ex Man with aircraft with slat problems.

Then the could just use the excuse for deserting Liverpool on the slats.

A cunning plan.

False Capture
5th Dec 2004, 22:02
had problem with slats needed longer runway thats it! nothing else sorry to disappoint you all
What a strange comment. Two things spring to mind:

1. If it was merely a slat problem then why was the runway (RWY24R) closed for a while afterwards?
2. Why should we disappointed with a safe outcome?:confused:

gayrugbybloke
5th Dec 2004, 22:03
Here's guessing it won;t be taking off before tomorrow lunchtime!! Smile at the camera everyone!!!

Lucky Strike
5th Dec 2004, 22:36
At a guess, Bristol will shrink or even close. Southhampton might be in for 'a review' also.

Manchester will see MAN-LGW flown in part, if not completely, by BACX offering increased rotations and lower fares in response to the low cost challenges, EXS and EZY.

gayrugbybloke
6th Dec 2004, 00:19
MAN - JFK pulled and AA take it over...?

normal_nigel
6th Dec 2004, 08:04
MAN-JFK is a mainline route with a mainline a/c and flight crew. The only thing CX has to do with it is the cabin crew who are all the old BAR lot anyway (except for the odd one).

It is even checked in and dispatched by Mainline.

The decision on that route will lie at Waterside.

tewkesbury
6th Dec 2004, 09:00
Not really true, the aircraft is owned and operated under BACX AOC, but you are right in that any decisions will be taken at WaterWorld.

5415N
6th Dec 2004, 09:06
Not really true, the aircraft is owned and operated under BACX AOC,

The a/c is not owned by BACX , it is a mainline a/c under the BA aoc and the rumour is is that it is to be dusked in the near future

normal_nigel
6th Dec 2004, 09:08
Since when have CX owned WH?

As said above it is a mainline aircraft and all 767's including WH are being dusked in 2005.

It is operated by mainline 757/767 pilots under FCO's section 2 on the BA AOC.

MAN-JFK existed long before BACX was even thought of and any decision on the route lies in London. This isn't my opinion but FACT.

If necessary BA will cabin crew it from WW LHR.

A few facts wouldn't go amiss before posting mate.

NN

racasanman
6th Dec 2004, 09:30
It is even checked in and dispatched by Mainline.

All aircraft from T3 are checked in , dispatched and pushed back by BA mainline staff except AA .CX are engineered by CX ,the shuttles ,Gatwicks and JFK by BA engineers.
All BA groundstaff at Manchester are maineline not CX.

HZ123
6th Dec 2004, 09:43
Boys and girls. Calm Down ! The bean counters bottom line is what is best for BA and then BACX. Taking into account what is / has taken place elsewhere on the network it can only be a matter of time before all of the 'gha' functions are passed to a third party. This will be neither mainline or BACX, because in the effort to delay union confrontation at LHR / LGW and effect greater flexibilty and practice and safe money it is only the regions of the UK that are left to cut. I wish I am proved wrong.

Having spent time training mainline staff early this year at MAN I was dissapointed at the mainline attitude to our BACX colleagues. Seems the best idea of all is to transfer all 64,000 of us to BACX contracts, the company would be in profit overnight.

Hand Solo
6th Dec 2004, 10:23
Thats what they said about BAR and look what happened next.

Mouser
6th Dec 2004, 13:59
Check out the Easyjet website!

It\'s Monday and nothing!

semisonic
6th Dec 2004, 14:05
Hey.

Am looking to fly to Newark in New Year with CO and I noticed on their seat planner this was pretty full. So i played around and the plane seems nearly full on most dates!!

Is this CO making it look better than it really is or is the demand really that great?

That said, MAN must be due a second CO service, and that Delta rumour seems really likely!

GrahamK
6th Dec 2004, 14:11
MAN-EWR in January is showing as on 767-400 equipment, so it's being downgraded/has been downgraded from the 777.
Something else I note on Amadeus is that the MAN-JFK flight is down as a BA 763 and the AA codeshare is down as a 762.

Oh and all Aer Lingus DUB flights will be operated by A320s

MichaelDoyle
6th Dec 2004, 15:26
Hi
What happened to todays announcements of new routes from MAN?I thought they were going to announce loads today.
Thanks
Michael

tewkesbury
6th Dec 2004, 15:49
I AM SORRY TO DISAPOINT ALL THE READERS HERE, BUT I HAVE SEEN THE PAPERWORK WHICH CLEARLY STATED THAT THE 767 WAS A BACX AIRCRAFT. YOU CAN LIVE IN YOUR DREAMWORLD IF YOU WANT BUT THE REAL WORLD WILL NOT GO AWAY.

Barber's Pole Bob
6th Dec 2004, 15:50
Press release from GB Airways

MORE GOOD NEWS FOR MANCHESTER

British Airways franchise carrier, GB Airways is to launch another new route from Manchester and lay on extra flights to Malaga.

In September the airline unveiled plans to open a new base at Manchester Airport operating flights to Spain and the Canary Islands, Madeira, Cyprus and Malta.

Just two months later, with excellent forward bookings, GB Airways has strengthened its commitment to Manchester by adding Dubrovnik in Croatia to the schedule, with three weekly flights from Manchester from May next year.

Due to customer demand the launch of the new service to Malaga has been brought forward from May to March 18 2005, with daily flights and a double daily service on Saturdays.

Additional flights to Tenerife in the Canary Islands, Paphos in Cyprus and Malta will launch on May 16 and the new Funchal, Madeira service will be postponed until the winter 2005 schedule.

All the new services will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft offering British Airways Club Europe and EuroTraveller cabins.

mmeteesside
6th Dec 2004, 15:56
Shouldn't somebody tell them that the calendar goes September - October - November - December (ie Sep - Dec = 3 months) ;)

Hand Solo
6th Dec 2004, 16:11
I am sorry to disappoint you but you have seen nothing of the sort, you just think you have. The 767 is a BA owned aircraft, there is likely a little plaque somewhere round the flight deck saying the aircraft is leased to BA by XYZ bank of Japan and the aircraft appears in the BA 767 manuals. At no point has the aircraft been sold to BACX, nor do the LHR 767s which occasionally replace WH when it's tech belong to BACX.

judge11
6th Dec 2004, 17:14
Children! Could we please forget about one insignificant clapped out Boeing and return to the topic, something which will probably have far more impact on many CX employees?

The writing has been on the wall ion dayglo paint that yet another 'review' was up and coming. Perhaps they are going to spare us the bad news until after Xmas which, I agree, would go against past form.

If this company contracts at its current rate then I foresee nothing left by this time next year for our beloved mangement to worry about. :sad:

Scottie Dog
6th Dec 2004, 17:22
Michaeldoyle

The simple answer to your question is nothing!

Me thinks that this has been a hoax based around the fact that The Aviation Society (TAS) has a meeting this evening at which - as happens twice a year - there will be a presentation by the Airport Team on Manchester Airport's future development plans and the official release of 'non-sensitive' Summer 2005 route announcements.

Hopefully this helps?!

terrier21
6th Dec 2004, 18:15
'At a guess, Bristol will shrink or even close.'

Sorry Bat.man where did you hear that c##p. I believe Bacx are expanding by bringing a 5 based aircraft to BRS. Plus them being the only BACX station to be continuesley in profit!!!

Cheers

T21 :ok:

Dash-7 lover
6th Dec 2004, 18:56
Meeting in MAN is nothing but the quarterly management forum.......nothing special......should be weekly to be honest.

As far as the rest of the drivel written above....

BRS will not close as it makes money....and we need it!. The 767 is on BA Mainline's AOC...the only thing 'Citiexpress' about it are some of the cabin crew.

Lots of Luv

ck4707
6th Dec 2004, 19:03
This Charming Man, Vuelo, GayRugbyBloke, et al

So far all your staements have proved to be worthless. No seats on sale, for EZY ex MAN, no major announcements, no need to smile for the cameras etc.

Lets all cut the bulls*it and concentrate on FACTS not your wishfull thinking.

Personally I don't care where or when an airline bases aircraft as long as it it is the North West so lets all hope together that it happens and not try to score points over MAN v LPL

Sir George Cayley
6th Dec 2004, 19:17
it's Size and MIS-shape! :D

Sir George Cayley

ManofMan
6th Dec 2004, 19:30
ck7407,
They are talking about 2005 slots, they wont come to Fruition till....yep you guessed it TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE.

You might want to get yourself some Tomato Ketchup to help you digest your words in the near future.

Just keep watching.

If only you knew.......

eggc
6th Dec 2004, 19:33
why the big competition....

EZY at MAN is not the only announcement that people are waiting for...

services to China & Asia, West US etc etc....

the world does not revolve around LPL fear of losing EZY to MAN

Please stop hijacking the MAN thread and let the MAN / LPL thing rest.

Good luck to both

...prefer Air China to RYR tho ;-)

ck4707
6th Dec 2004, 20:03
ManofMan

Suggest you read other peoples posts and then mine carefully!!!

I am not the one who has stated as fact that things would happen today, others have (so who is plonker there)

As I said in my post I don't care what happens as long as it benefits the North West region.

Maybe things will happen in 2005 (if so great as long as we all , ie the region, benefit) maybe not.

Before you start slagging me off I am not the one who said things would happen, or be announced today. Nor did I ever intimate that an airline might be pulling some sort of publicity stunt.

Given the above why would I need the Tomato Kethup ???

chiglet
6th Dec 2004, 20:28
m o m,
Looks daft doesn't it.......re 2005 slots "Airlines/Operators bid for said slots in late2004 :p
All slot "requests" have until [mid?] January to accept or reject the "applied" for slot
watp,iktch

MichaelDoyle
6th Dec 2004, 21:35
Hi
Was anyone at the TAS meeting tonight to tell us what went on regarding future developments?
Thanks
Michael

Scottie Dog
6th Dec 2004, 21:57
Sorry to have to say, but you really should take some of what is written on these threads with a pinch of salt.

Certainly my posting of Sunday was in such vane if you look at the wording...

"Try the following hypothesis....

easyJet to make a sneak suprise announcement at Manchester on Monday.

easyJet smuggle aircraft into Manchester in advance to give a backdrop for the press!!

Oh well. it was fun when I initially thought of it."

This was after the sudden arrival of an EZY flight as an emergency diversion.

As I said it was a hypothesis.

You will find that TCM speaks with a modicom of inside information. As to Vuelo and Gayrugbybloke, well they/he have/has - make up your own mind on whether it is plural or singular - been right on a number of occasions.

Remember what PPRuNE stands for? Yep that's right - Rumours and News. In this case it may be more Rumours than News (well at the moment anyway).

Well passed my bedtime - night night zzzzzzzzzzzz

MAN777
6th Dec 2004, 22:14
Was at "The Aviation Society" meeting tonight along with 180 others. It was a very interesting evening presented by members of MAPLC airport management. Future operations were only a small part of the evening and really didnt cover any new ground, most of the routes were indeed only slot applications and the presenters made that very clear. Easyjet came into that catagory.

Most interesting in my mind were Airindia to JFK and the return of Cathay, there were many airlines listed, some common some obscure, time will tell.

The other interesting development was the imminent start to the west apron extension, providing 8 (i think) wide body stands.

Incidently these meetings are open to non members, for a small fee and usually very interesting with many diverse subjects.

PPRuNe Pop
6th Dec 2004, 22:32
OK guys. This is the deal. We mods have better things to do than to wet nurse this thread on the current level of reports. Including slagging people off, being rude.

Either you get a grip or this thread goes. Its as simple as that.

We mods have had FIVE reports today of rudeness and slagging. Zero tolerance has just kicked in.

PPP

milky
7th Dec 2004, 07:35
RULES ARE ,TO BE CONFIRMED IE SLOTS APPLIED FOR , CONFIRMED SLOTS TAKEN UP. JET 2 7 BASED B737-300s ,AFRIGIYAH ,TBC TRIPOLI A320s,ASIR CANADA BACK WITH B767-300s TO TORONTO,ALITALIA TBC TO ROME SUPER 80s,MILAN AAS IS WITH A319s,AIR INDIA ,TBC DEHLI-MAN-TORONTO -MAN-DEHLI B777s,FLY BE 4XDAILY BHD DHC 8s,BELAVIA TBC,COA 2ND DAILY EWR TBC B757s,CATHAT PACIFIC A340s HKG MAN VIA MOSCOW TBC,DELTA JFK-MAN B767s ,SHAMROCK CHANGE OF EQIPMENT FROM B737-500s TO A320s ON MOST DUB SERVICES,AND EXTRA FLIGHTS,EMIRATES MIDDAY CHANGE OF EQUIPMENT FROM A330 -200 TO B777-300,EASYJET SLOTS APPLIED FOR KEY ONES COMFIMING WHAT BASE STILL TALKING TO MAN???,LH ADD 3RD DAILY HAMBURG,LOT UPGRADE TO EMB 170s,SWISS NEW DAILY GVA,MALEV DAILYM BUDAPEST TBC,SKY EUROPE TBC,ESTONIAN TBC,ALIA(RJ) A310s AMMAN -MAN TBC,2X WEEKLY,LITHUWANIAN,TBC,TURKISH TO GO DAILY B737-800s,BMI BABY 4 BASED B737s,AIR ADRIATIC MD80s TO PULA,ZOOM 2XWEEKLY TO YYZ,AST 2X WKLY TO ITALY,FC NEW 1 WEEKLY NASSAU,FLY AIR 2X WEEKLY IST,WORLDFOCUS MD80s TODALAMAN THATS IT ON NEW ROUTE NEWS

eggc
7th Dec 2004, 07:42
wow....understood all that...

take it this is a list from last nights TAS meeting.

HZ123
7th Dec 2004, 09:43
Is BACX being run as an LC. Whom are its considered competitors and if they are the LC's then clearly we operate the wrong a/c and probably pay out to much in staff costs. It can surely only be a matter of time that without significant changes to BACX and where it sits in the plan of things, it must fail or be sold on. At presnt it seems to BA mainline that you are let down by the lack of direction. That said that is exactly how many feel at LGW & LHR (nil direction).

Psiontech
7th Dec 2004, 10:17
HZ123 do you think BACX management has a problem with it not know which way it wants to go or is it Big Airline that is tieing their hands as to what they can do? ie not giving them the freedom to operate as they see fit?

Shed-on-a-Pole
7th Dec 2004, 11:14
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Can we please just clarify one simple point which may help to resolve some of the silly unpleasantness on this thread. There is absolutely NO suggestion that EZY are going to up sticks from LPL and move to MAN.

What is actually under consideration is the possibility of running a programme ex-MAN in addition to the LPL operation. This may or may not happen. Since setting up the LPL hub, several changes have occurred within the market to prompt EZY to consider their options. In their early days at LPL they had the 'no-frills' market from Northern England/North Wales almost to themselves. Customers would happily travel from the Midlands or Yorkshire to avail themselves of a discounted flight ex-LPL. But now they no longer have to do this.

The Midlands airports EMA/CVT/BHX are saturated with no-frills choices. LBA has its extensive Jet 2 base. NCL has EZY, MME has BMI Baby. DSA opens shortly with TOM. And MAN at last has a meaningful 'no-frills' presence with Jet 2, BMI Baby, Air Berlin (full-frills actually!) and others.

All this means that EZY's core market ex-LPL has shrunk from a catchment area of the entire North of England to Merseyside and North Wales only. And the Merseyside/North Wales catchment area is now under assault from RYR and FlyBe too. So, if EZY wish to protect their market share in the North they will have to consider an additional gateway to supplement LPL, NCL and EMA (I include EMA as it draws some traffic from the North).

The other significant factor favouring the possible selection of MAN as an EZY gateway has been the apparent success of the LGW operation. EZY has expanded quickly at LGW, and succeeded in not cannibalising it's STN/LTN hubs by so doing. The parallels with establishing neighbouring operations at LPL and MAN are obvious.

Now I am happy to confirm that I have no inside knowledge as to whether EZY will choose to serve MAN or not. We will all find out when an announcement is made or when slots are handed back. And I know that most of what I write here is obvious to the majority of you (but apparently not to all). Be assured there is no intention to insult your intelligence but rather to silence this ridiculous slanging match between certain parties on this thread. EZY is NOT leaving LPL; they may however establish a parallel operation ex-MAN on a scale to be announced in the future. We must all wait and see!

ATNotts
7th Dec 2004, 11:52
Shed-on-a-Pole

Fantastic - a bit of common sense. Well said!

rhythm method
7th Dec 2004, 15:15
T21 could very well be correct, as I recently carried boxes of BAe 146 flight manuals to Bristol, and as there is no training dept or dedicated 146 engineering facility at that base, many eyebrows were raised.

Of course it could just be a management double bluff.

MichaelDoyle
7th Dec 2004, 15:21
Hi
If DL start to JFK then will you be able to book onward connections with Song?
Thanks
Michael

eggc
7th Dec 2004, 19:10
Hi,

Have had a spare ten minutes and have had a look where MAN is today….

Operators and frequencies as of today are, on a normal operating week day :-

AAL 767’s 2 x daily
ABB 737’s 3 x daily
AJM 340’s 2 x wk
AZA 319’s 2 x daily
BTI 737’s 3 x wk
COA 777’s 1 x daily
CSA 737’s 13 x wk
DAL 763’s 1 x daily
DAT ARJ’s 3 x daily
DLH EQV 12 x daily
EIN 737’s x 5 daily
FIN 320/319 x 2 daily
HLX 737’s x 2 daily
KLM 737/Fk100 x 7 daily
KTHY 321’s x 3 wk
LGL ERJ’s x 1 daily
LOT ERJ170’s x 1 daily
MAS 744’s x 1 daily
MSK 737’s x 1 daily
OAL 737’s x 2 wk
PGA Fk100’s x 1 daily
PIA 747/777’s x 25 wk
QTR 330’s x 4 wk
REA ATR’s x 3 daily
RYR 737’s x 4 daily
SAS Md80/737’s x 7 daily
SDR ERJ’s x 1 daily
SQA 747/777’s x 1 daily
SWR ARJ/ERJ’s x 4 daily
THY 737’s x 5 wk
UAE 330’s x 2 daily
VLM Fk50’s x 9 daily
VIR 747’s x 1 daily

This list does NOT include :-

BAW – 1 based 767 & several regional a/c, numerous daily rotations
JET2 – upto 6 based next year – 13 daily depatures
BMIBABY – 4 based a/c, several daily flights
BMI – 3 based 330’s & several regional a/c, numerous daily rotations
plus other U.K. operators i.e Aurigny, Eastern, Flybe etc etc

and any charter operators ( massive business at MAN, with numerous airlines basing numerous a/c )

and any cargo operations ( upto 5 dedicated 747’s per day ).

All in all looking up at list, enough to keep us busy ;-)

I can see many gap’s in the market at MAN, perhaps airlines would like to browse the above list and add themselves forthwith.

Questions are coming out of my ears about expansion, and the coping with, but I am sure these are also being asked by MAplc, who must be planning for the imminent expansion of movements and destinations…if they aren’t I can see trouble ahead…

Ramp space is worth more than gold at MAN at the minute.

Any thoughts….

p.s Amazing what you can do in 10 mis ;-)

PoodleVelour
7th Dec 2004, 19:20
But what about Southampton?

And Edinburgh?

And Fraggle Rock?

Ringwayman
7th Dec 2004, 20:08
BA are chopping their CPH service from 5th January. The text of their announcement suggests that more changes are to be revealed.

aeulad
8th Dec 2004, 11:21
Just announced, Jet2 Manchester-Edinburgh

Regards

Mike

coasting
8th Dec 2004, 12:02
Looking at the schedules, it appears to be an Edinburgh based aircraft. This must be the QC version used for night mail.
Does this mean another cabin crew base at Edinburgh ? Good news anyway.

Take up the Hold
8th Dec 2004, 12:25
Coasting

Another possibility has been posted on taxiwayalpha to keep it Leeds based.

TUTH

http://www.taxiwayalpha.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1021

sisyphus1965
8th Dec 2004, 20:29
So were next for the ever growing Jet2?

chiglet
8th Dec 2004, 22:04
eggc,
ABB have F100s as well
HLX- EDDK x2 Daily, 4x weekly EDDS
DAT, not sure, but I thikk that it's more than 3x
MAS is not daily, 4x week [I think]
LOT, E145 mostly E170 2x week
RYR at least 5x daily
SDR 2x daily
VIR [I think] 6x week
BMI A320/321 Shuttle and Charters
BAW, 1x JFK plus LGW and LHR "shuttles"
UAL daily to KPHL
Will check "x"s tomorrow
watp,iktch

eggc
8th Dec 2004, 22:37
Found this on airliners.net, link doesnt work tho....doh !!!

Shanghai flights from Manchester
Source Bolton Evening News, Lancashire - Business [ More from source ]
Posted 2 days 7 hours 46 minutes 36 seconds ago [ More news like this ]

anyone know more ???

CHIGLET

MAS is 4 x wk, sorry my mistake, used to be daily 777, i think ?
RYR is 3 x daily looking at website ?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
9th Dec 2004, 06:46
Malasian used to be 3 a week by B777
Tu, Th and Su
Ryanair is 4 x daily and I think 5 on Friday

Golf India Bravo

chiglet
9th Dec 2004, 10:06
AFAIK, MAS has [nearly] always been a B747-400
watp,iktch

gayrugbybloke
9th Dec 2004, 10:12
Where next for Jet2?

I would hazard a guess at Madrid and Exeter.......

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
9th Dec 2004, 11:01
Mas operated B777 for about 9 or 10 months from April 1999 to at least early spring 2000

G-I-B

GrahamK
9th Dec 2004, 12:09
MH started off with a 2 weekly 777 service to KUL via MUC. It then went to 3 weekly, then nonstop - still on 777.
It then got upgraded to a 3 weekly 747-400 before reaching it's current 4 weekly 744 status

semisonic
9th Dec 2004, 12:14
Following the link on page 10 (or around there) in this thread, i saw on the slot co-ordinators webpage that MAS had slots for a 5th and 6th daily service for summer 2003. Obviously didnt take them up!

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
9th Dec 2004, 12:25
Probably because Sars was just coming, getting bad

G-I-B

ManofMan
9th Dec 2004, 12:51
Jet 2 Where next ????

TO quote me from earlier this month........

had a dream last night that Jet2 announed a Man-CDG......I wonder......

If Jet 2 ever announced EDI and GLA that would make Manchester there most served airport.

Imagin that......

So i would guess at Glasgow Next...possibly followed by Madrid

:ok:

normal_nigel
9th Dec 2004, 18:56
Tewkesbury

With as much respect as I can muster.

Stop talking crap and get your facts right. I fly the thing and it's a mainline aircraft.

Dream on. BACX do not operate to JFK. They operate to Europe and the UK.

NN

gayrugbybloke
9th Dec 2004, 21:20
Look out for a new service from Manchester to Bahrain next Spring.

maxell
9th Dec 2004, 21:24
normal_nigel

The aircraft is leased from mainline with flight crew the route is citi express and has been for near three years now, so yes bacx do have a new york service.
Check next time you crew it

eggc
9th Dec 2004, 21:28
Bahrain...

Interesting, i note on the BHX thread that GF tickets are not bookable on reservation systems ?!? ( although i havnt checked myself ! )

sisyphus1965
9th Dec 2004, 21:53
GulfAir are not planning to fly from BHX, GulfTraveller are to Abu Dhabi.

rumour + rumour = wild speculation

chiglet
9th Dec 2004, 22:21
To anyone "interested", a list of [some of] todays rotations...
VLM 10x
SAS 6x
SWR 6x
EIN 5x
DLH 12x
KLM 6x
AFR 6x
DAT 3x [Sabena]
BMI 11x [Baby]
PIA 4x
RYR 4x
EZE 8x
BEE 3x
WOW 3x
watp,iktch

gayrugbybloke
10th Dec 2004, 09:25
Maybe Gulf Traveller have thought better of starting from BHX and have decided to move further up the M6...?

It's very odd that you cant yet buy tickts for their BHX service, considering it starts with the new season's flights........hmmmmmmm........

Manchester is rapidly becoming a nice little niche market for the Mid East carriers!

eggc
10th Dec 2004, 11:18
Is it normal for a carrier to announce a service and then have a delay before tickets can be bought ???

I thought announcements and ticket sale commencement went hand in hand.

This Charming Man
10th Dec 2004, 19:18
The word from Easy Land is that they have not managed to secure the slots for 5 a/c .The rumoured plan now is to base only one a/c and to supplement the operation with a small number of W's .

At least it's a start and I wish them all the best.

brgds
TCM

Ian Farquharson
10th Dec 2004, 22:04
GF Traveller have delayed the start of their BHX service to Winter 05 they have NOT decided to move it to MAN.

PS - BHX' list of slot applications is almost as good as MAN's !

Ian

sisyphus1965
11th Dec 2004, 15:19
Ian

Are you going to post the slot applications on the Birmingham happenings thread?

MichaelDoyle
11th Dec 2004, 20:09
Hi
I know that EK will at some time bring in the A380 for their DXB service but because of the success on the SQ service to SIN with the 777 will their be a possibility of the service going up to a A380 in maybe 2007 or 2008?
Thanks
Michael

MarkBHX
11th Dec 2004, 23:28
Are MAN preparing for the A380 then?Do they need any work doing eg. taxiway width etc or is MAN already compatible?

gps117
12th Dec 2004, 02:05
think they must be, there are a few houses at the end of 06L that have had a compulsory purchase order on them and being knocked down, can only think it for the a380

Scottie Dog
12th Dec 2004, 10:09
As I understand it, MAN is already capable of handling the A380.

Peter Hampson - Airfield Manager - advised at a recent meeting that:

a/ The Runway is wide enough - in fact he says we actually have the widest runway in the UK, allowing for hardened shoulders. That is bound to start debate, as I thought that Manston had that title.

b/ There is space for at least 2 A380s - on Terminals 1 and 2.

c/ Taxiway routing would be restricted but they can get in and out - it does help does'nt it!

Let debate recommence.

MAN777
12th Dec 2004, 22:12
I noticed this demolition in progress the other day, its actually at the 24R end, a row of quasi- terrace houses, that were immediatly under the finals mixed in with the lighting supports. Used to have a friend living in one years ago, it was awesome for summer evening BBQs.

Cant see the demolition has anything to do with the A380, its probably more to do with possible health and safety litigation and the continual replacement of vortex damaged roof tiles.

Anyone with the facts ?

Scottie Dog
13th Dec 2004, 07:02
As MAN777 correctly says, the demolition of houses in the 24R approach lights has nothing to do with A380 operations.

Apparently the airport authority, as part of the 2nd runway scheme, undertook to purchase the houses. Removal of the houses will no doubt give an increased performace for 06L departures as there will be less obstacles in the climb-out.

As always I am sure that somebody else will come up with a more detailed answer.

FOZ
13th Dec 2004, 09:10
I believe the purchase decision was taken due to the not infrequent shock damage to these properties. However, it does start to clear the way to extend 06L, allowing a better separation from 06R!

Squadgy
13th Dec 2004, 12:35
it does start to clear the way to extend 06L, allowing a better separation from 06R!

Does it ? It won't allow for any greater lateral distance between the two runways.

If 06L/24R were extended across Ringway Road towards Heald Green then it would give a greater TORA / LDA on that runway, (which is already plenty long enough),but this dosen't really do anything seperation wise AFAICS :confused:

bagpuss lives
13th Dec 2004, 17:47
What I think FOZ means is that there could then be a greater offset between the two runways allowing true, independent and fully dual runway, operations.

If the runway (24R/06L) were to be extended across the road and the 06L threshold were to be displaced by what I suspect would have to be a considerable amount (the precise figure escapes me at the moment but 4,300ft rings a bell), then there would be a chance I suppose that we'd meet some of the ICAO requirements allowing such operations to occur.

But I suspect we'd still come nowhere near close enough to allow dual landings and dual departures to happen, even if you disregarded the problems with the taxiways (i.e. there are none on certain parts of the airfield where there really ought to be some) and the physical lack of lateral space between the two runways.

It may help us (or rather the aerodrome/approach controllers)
out with the go-arounds and give a larger TORA / LDA but beyond that I can't see the benefits. But then, I am rather out of the loop on matters such as this at the moment :)

Just an Engineer
13th Dec 2004, 19:17
....On the other hand it could be in preperation for the eventual bypass extension (under discussion at the moment with all parties/residents on route and structure) of the M56 across to the A6.

One of the options openly circulated is for a large roundabout or interchange somewhere close by with the bypass then continuing on behind the present road and onto/joining the current Handforth/Bramhall bypass road

sisyphus1965
13th Dec 2004, 19:32
SkyEurope have announced flights to MAN from Bratislava, Warsaw and Krakow ......

DDF
13th Dec 2004, 22:16
Must agree with MOM in that one

All these LCC`s now talking about using MAN I cant help feel the larger airline’s must be sat back at the moment enjoying the festive season watching with glee as their competition fight for scraps. And for gods sake 1 million free seats with ??? how many aircraft. so next years on SkyEurope I take it.

Hawk
13th Dec 2004, 23:15
Last two posts have been removed. :rolleyes: Now let's see if we can return to the topic.

Squadgy
14th Dec 2004, 06:51
One of the options openly circulated is for a large roundabout or interchange somewhere close by with the bypass then continuing on behind the present road and onto/joining the current Handforth/Bramhall bypass road

The Manchester Airport Eastern Link Road was planned for some time ago - indeed part of it is already constructed as can be seen in this aerial photo/map

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=0&lon=0&scale=25000&icon=x (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=0&lon=0&scale=25000&icon=x )

I would say that it's a certainty that the western part of the MAELR will join up to the Western end of the existing bit of road (they already have the bridge in place to let the B5358 go under it. The bit up for discussion is the exact alignment of the bit between there and the airport, the junction layouts and the layout of the Eastern section. There's a site from the planning team here :

http://www.u-to-us.com/semmmsp2/index.htm (http://http://www.u-to-us.com/semmmsp2/index.htm)

Now - with such a good road linking Manchester and Woodford, how about MAPLC buying Woodford and using it to increase capacity further !? It's good to see the planners at least haven't put the new road straight through EGCD's runway
:ok:

PPRuNe Pop
14th Dec 2004, 07:19
It seems that some people are under the impression that posting airline services is acceptable. Sorry, but it isn't. It is advertising and PPRuNe does not allow it. References are acceptable but not something taken from, or linked to, a website.

If SkyEurope, or anyone else, wishes to place a paid for advertisement on PPRuNe they are more than welcome to apply. The details to do that are on the site's main page of PPRuNe.

This site is free for all to enjoy but not to make blatant or linked advertising. It costs a great deal of money to run and relies on advertising income to keep it going. All the funds to run it is supplied by one man, Danny, and we mods are here to apply his rules and if you feel that you cannot accept them, you are free to choose another site.

You agreed, when you signed up, not to advertise on PPRuNe and we ask you to respect that - or we will always edit or remove such posts. As you have noted it really is that simple.

PPP

symphonyangel
14th Dec 2004, 07:36
The SkyEurope declaration on their website, that they have services to Poland will further put the squeeze on LOT who are having a hard time against SkyEurope, Wizz and easyJet. Who will pay LOT prices with Wizz and SkyEurope now operating from the northwest?

This Charming Man
14th Dec 2004, 11:46
Excellent news for the Airport and the N/W :p

So who's next ?

brgds
TCM

sisyphus1965
15th Dec 2004, 19:26
Monarch Scheduled with Madrid, Almeria and more Malaga (!). Press release suggesting they hace forced Baby and Iberia of the MAN-BCN route. Quite aggressive for Monarch.

gayrugbybloke
16th Dec 2004, 01:24
I have heard the following said about 'Cathay's Return to Manchester':

The flights will actually be operated by Aeroflot from Manchester to Moscow, using SU aircraft and crew, but codesharing with Cathay Pacific. The onward connection, from Moscow to Hong Kong, will then be operated with the same flight number, but by alternating CX and SU aircraft on different days of the week.

So Manchester may not 'quite' be getting a 'real' direct service to Hong Kong...

Anyone know any more about this?

airhumberside
16th Dec 2004, 16:10
I have heard Aeroflot and Cathay Pacific are to codeshare so this could unfortuantely be true

gayrugbybloke
18th Dec 2004, 06:08
Looking at the fogures for this route so far, BD are hardly setting any records on this route! The average load appears to be around 150 passengers in each direction - surely they should be aiming a little higher for a route that has no LHR direct service?

Perhaps they were a little presumptious to announce that it would be a year round service...?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
18th Dec 2004, 07:31
I thought that for a service that has only been going for just over the month that is pretty good

G-I-B

cbt_bear_MAN
18th Dec 2004, 21:56
Is there any more detail on the Air India flights that are due to start at MAN in the Spring?

MichaelDoyle
20th Dec 2004, 09:52
Hi
If Aeroflot comes to MAN then what equipment would the flight use?I suspect it wold be a A320.
Thanks
Michael

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Dec 2004, 10:05
I still think if the Cathay flight starts it will
be with one of their own aircraft and
Aeroflot will code share with them

G-I.B

Vuelo
20th Dec 2004, 10:22
Why does Manchester Airport treat the passengers who use Terminal One with such disregard?

I give you two examples:

On arrival at Terminal One last week, my flight gated at gate 15. This meant we were right at the end of a pier that resembled something straight out of the 1950s. Not only were there SIX flights of stairs to negotiate, not easy woth pushchairs and cabin baggage, not to mention a struggle for elderly passengers.

The caroet at the bottom of the staiors was sodden with what looked like a brown liquid, and the whole area smelt of vinegar. It really was disgusying. Both escalators leading to the immigration hall were out of order and when we arrived att he immigration desks, there was just ONE desk open to deal woth four flights: Budapest, Malaga, Alicante and Larnaca.

In the baggage hall there were no screens working to know which carousel to use, and once we had our liggage, there were no black cabs and so we ended up waiting over 25 minutes n a queue.

What time was this? No, not 3am but 3.30pm!!

Manchester, you really need to do better, because your performance at Terminal One is appalling and falls way below any other airport I have visited in the EU.

Anyone have any thoughts?

(I have written to teh airport but not had a reply yet.)

MichaelDoyle
21st Dec 2004, 09:40
Hi
Just come back myself Vuelo.Flew from 1 with TCX to Fuerteventura and I thought Terminal 1 was very good.No stairs and very quick.Well Done MAN airport!!!
Thanks
Michael

gayrugbybloke
22nd Dec 2004, 18:20
Has anyone tried to book these new flights on their website? I and a few friends have and it wont complete the transaction for any of us...so those 1p flights might not be as available as they might seem!

chiglet
22nd Dec 2004, 19:14
vuelo,
This is a "Manchester Happenings" thread, not a "Slag off Manch" thread. You want to post "new" roooomoors/news, fine.
Slag off Manch...start a new thread....Good/Bad aka Sh!t happens
Merry Chrimbo
watp,iktch

gayrugbybloke
22nd Dec 2004, 21:21
Manchester Happenings c'est a dire what is happening at Manchester. So what Vuelo has writtten is perfectly valid as it is what he experienced at Manchester recently, therefore it 'happened'.

Noone said this thread was exclusively about half baked rumours, chiglet.

Le Bob
23rd Dec 2004, 05:47
You can book the Skyeurope seats (for 1p) over the phone, no extra for credit card transactions either!
Santa is still alive!

ClickRich
23rd Dec 2004, 09:37
Regarding the preparation of MAN for the A380, ScottieDog mentioned that There is space for at least 2 A380s - on Terminals 1 and 2.

Air the air bridges in place for boarding and disembarking PAX in anything other than doors 1 and 2 (which are similarly placed to the 747 doors)? I wonder how long boarding would take without the benefit of access through the upper deck.

Can't wait to see more than 2 air bridges hooked up to an A380. Who will get them first?

Sir George Cayley
23rd Dec 2004, 12:00
The Airside General Manager and the Ops Planning Manager are both leaving. Not a rumour see last weeks Flight for the replacement's advert.

Last year the Safety Manager and 2 ODM's left. In fact there has been a steady drain across the Airport Company of experienced people for some while.

What impact this is having I don't know. If the same is happening in Landside then the levels of service are likely to take a knock.

With so many posters expressing their opinions on how the place should be run there'll be no shortage of applicants I guess!

Sir George Cayley

ClickRich
23rd Dec 2004, 12:16
Do you think it is dissatisfaction with something or better offers from elsewhere? What's morale like in Airside Ops at MAN?

pwalhx
24th Dec 2004, 10:18
As the postings on here have contained some negative comments on Terminal one I think it is only fair to post a positive.

I arrived last night about 2200 hrs on the BMI Baby flight from Prague with my elderly mother (88).

WW had arranged for us to be met by a wheelchair, which was promptly waiting at the bottom of the stairs. We were wheeled though Immigration and to the baggage carousels fairly quickly.

By the time we arrived the bags where coming through and we had a quick throughput from landing to leaving the airport.

Our progress was not slow and the other passengers from the flight moved through quickly too.

The airport was busy, so thanks and well done to all concerned.

Vuelo
27th Dec 2004, 09:49
Can we assume that after all the rumours of EZY, CX, AI and extra serves from other carriers that none of them will indeed happen at MAN? And that it was just all a load of hype?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
27th Dec 2004, 10:48
I think AI will probably go to BHX but the other two I think may well happen ( I hope) as there is a big Indian market in the West Midlands

G-I-B

MAN777
27th Dec 2004, 19:33
Wasnt PIA coming back to MAN from BHX something to do with 777 performance, if thats the case wouldnt Air India have the same problem ??

cbt_bear_MAN
28th Dec 2004, 09:08
Does anyone know the dates for the refurbishment of GBNWH (the aircraft used to ply the BA MAN - JFK route)?

I understood it to be in April, with a three weeks' B-747 stand-in. Anyone know?

Bagso
28th Dec 2004, 11:09
Looks like first casualty is Air India...

Unless its a wind up the BHX thread quotes the Indian Times

Amritsar - BHX - Toronto.....starting May 05

Quite how a 777 will be able to go full length to either destination is beyond me !

Anybody know the performance figures, presume they will go weight limited unless sombody hasn't done there sums....

Interesting Manchester was also qouted in the Indian Times when Air India were considering new destinations for the 777 so you never know.....

cbt_bear_MAN
28th Dec 2004, 14:45
Being simply a re-fuelling stop for a transatlantic service is no good for either BHX or MAN. I mean, how many pax do the PIA ORD/IAH/JFK/YYZ - MAN - ISB/LHE flights actually bring as arriving pax to MAN/ Answer, about 10 per flight. What we need are terminator flights and not simply to be used as cheap fuel sations.

You are right by the way, no way can a full B777 with no weight restrictions use BHX for the services quoted.

MAN777
28th Dec 2004, 21:05
MAN make a fortune from their slice of Air BP / Shells profit, for these fuelling stops, the more the better. !

Bagso
29th Dec 2004, 08:38
I totally disagree, I personally am more than happy to see Manchester as a refuelling stop.....!

Jetstar81
29th Dec 2004, 10:03
G-BNWH's refurb has now been pushed back to Sep 05. The replacement aircraft is highly likely to be another 767.

This Charming Man
31st Dec 2004, 10:32
I understand that one of the reasons for them not coming is that MAPlc could not guarantee a Pier served stand as the flight arrived about 0800 ! A case of the airport being a victim of its own success me thinks :ouch:

brgds
TCM

bmiboyz
2nd Jan 2005, 16:32
Any news on what airlines might be doing and who will be operating where charter wise for summer 2005?

semisonic
2nd Jan 2005, 17:07
what about Delta/Continental adding another New York service? Still likely to happen. I should think it will be only one, not both!

MichaelDoyle
2nd Jan 2005, 17:42
Hi
Are there any announcements this week or next week to do to with new routes?
Thanks
Michael

Ringwayman
2nd Jan 2005, 22:42
Looks like CSA are to add an extra 4 weekly services to Prague going off their summer timetable.

gayrugbybloke
4th Jan 2005, 09:42
I heard yesterday that an announcement would be made shortly about expansion of T3 (addition of 3 extra gates for widebody aircraft) and re-development of T1 Pier B.

Anyone know any more?

cbt_bear_MAN
6th Jan 2005, 16:13
Have heard that EZY will only operate MAN to AMS, ORY and AGP this summer.

bmiboyz
6th Jan 2005, 21:20
any ideas which airlines are going to have based units for summer 2005 for charter flying?

Adola69
7th Jan 2005, 00:22
A few posts ago, 'This Charming Man' stated he thought that the reason Air India weren't coming to Manch. was that they couldn't be guaranteed a terminal gate and that in turn this was as a result of Manchesters success!!!
I'm afraid it is due to the total ineptitude of Manchesters', Board of Directors, planners and management for a complete lack of investment at the sharp end regarding Apron space, extensions to terminals and the inadequate maintenence of what they already have.
Yes you can visit at 14.00 in the afternoon and sometimes see virtually nothing parked on T2 and the powers that be would probably say ' More Concrete? - Why do we need more concrete'?
Well I think Air India have answered your question, you haven't got enough at the right time and if the truth be known I bet one or two other carriers are not best pleased when they arrive a little earlier than their scheduled arrival time, to then have to hold on the ground for 40 minutes or so to await their gate being vacated. ( The record was nearly broken recently when a Cathay Frieghter arrived and waited 82mins for a Freight stand!!- I think there was just one other freighter in at the time, the rest were parked up bucket and spade a/c cluttering the freight area as usual)
Yeah two runways to be able to up the movement rate, but no investment in the rest of the infrastructure (Unless spending much needed cash sums on re-furbishing the ' Shopping Experience' yet again, count), so just where are you supposed to put all these extra aircraft?
Manchester used to be the number one airfield in Britain for forward planning in airport ops and facilities. It is now a patchwork of hot-pour repairs, joke 'Extra stands' ( 24R passing bay, - never been used and hopefully never will be), and at times shambolic operational aptitude. (Handling agents have a lot to answer for there, not MA's fault I know, but how many of Joe Public can distinguish that fact, - they just think that it's the airports' fault when the airbridge isn't connected for ten minutes, or the bags take 50mins to come through).

Whinge, moan, bang on - I know, I'll wrap up now having vented my thoughts. Can't wait to get to work tomorow, having walked by a u/s escalator and lift in T2, probably three - six u/s travelators in the tube!(Service level agreement stipulates that at least three must be unserviceable at all times).:*

MAN777
7th Jan 2005, 04:58
Adola 69

Couldnt have put it better, well said.

cbt_bear_MAN
7th Jan 2005, 06:55
So what has happened to Cathay Pacific? Are they throwing heir rattle out of the pram like Air India, too? Besides, don;t AI have a provisional arrival time of , missing the 'rush' surely? Anyway, why can;t they use T1? There are no doubt plenty of gates on B pier T1 they could have.

A Commercial Policy has been issued today by BA as a result of forthcoming changes to British Airways network at Manchester from 5 January 2005. Services from Manchester to Copenhagen will be suspended from this date.

eggc
7th Jan 2005, 08:26
cbt_bear_MAN...

any sort of timescale on EZY announcing this...surely if for this summer then the time is now or never.

ORY...strange, considering all other EZY to Paris from the UK go to CDG...I take it this is so they can use an ORY based machine ?

lagerlout
7th Jan 2005, 12:15
EZY need to get their arse in gear if MAN is gonna happen for the summer.

WHta have the JET 2 loads been like??????

terrywilcox
7th Jan 2005, 12:30
Beginning to look as if EZY are not going to take up their slots at Man. We will know for certain on 13th. Not long now.

lagerlout
7th Jan 2005, 14:10
much ado about nothing then??

phoenix son
7th Jan 2005, 14:27
cbt_bear_MAN

No stands on B pier can handle a B747 which I suspect would operate the AI route? There would be room for an A310 from the apron point of view but the inside of the pier sure gets very crowded very quickly! Hence most longhauls in T1 tend to get C pier, where space is obviously at a premium.

PHX

ps Adola69, like what you're saying, you obviously know MAN pretty well!

chiglet
7th Jan 2005, 14:56
pheonix,
Then the EUK [to name but one airline] B747s have been an optical illusion then?
wetp,iktch

lexxity
7th Jan 2005, 15:41
chiglet, you are correct that the EAL 747's have been parked on b-peir, but have you ever been down there when they are on stand along with 3-4 other chater a/c?? It is horrendous for pax and staff. MAN really needs to pull it's finger out regarding stands, equipment and services that aren't retail (check in computers, baggage belts, security staff, etc, etc) and it really needs to be done now. MAN has the potential to be world class, but right now it comes across as a regional airport with little or no interest being payed to it by the directors.

Waiting for stands when early is a major problem, I have sat for 30mins looking at an i/b longhaul that can't get on stand, the earbashing you get then from disembarking pax makes it all worthwhile!

Come on MAN pull your finger out.

edited to add - and none leaky roofs would be appreciated too.

Vuelo
8th Jan 2005, 05:46
Why hasn;t Manchester Airport plc re-developed B Pier before now?

lexxity
8th Jan 2005, 11:23
they have :p :p they have put seats in down near gate 2, which is great if your a/c is parked down there, which if it is a bigger than a 737 or 320 it won't be and you can't hear flights being called either because they tannoys are all localised to each gate!!! So well done MAN, more good work there then.

Scottie Dog
8th Jan 2005, 11:31
As has been previously posted the Airside General Manager and the Ops Planning Manager are both leaving. Will the introduction of 'new blood' into the airport finally bring around a change in planning and development? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

terrywilcox
8th Jan 2005, 12:05
At last someone realises it's the managers of an airport that make the difference,regardless of owner. Councils or private.

This Charming Man
8th Jan 2005, 12:45
Terry Wilcox

As was said previously on this thread the EZY basing is down to one possibley two a/c as there are no viable slots left.

EZY Swiss have a daily GVA lined up EZS850/1 in 1020 out 1045.

Another interesting snippet is that a local advertising company has been given the contract to put up the Bus posters etc for when the announcement is made , but the staff are not allowed to see the posters .. yet ;)

No doubt time will tell !
brgds
TCM

MAN777
8th Jan 2005, 14:32
The 2 managers that are leaving have nothing to do with terminal planning, I know them personally and can assure you that if they had been involved in that side of things there wouldnt be any terminal shortcomings. They have both been extremely commited to MAN and they will be a great loss to the airport.

Vuelo
10th Jan 2005, 09:39
Are Air Canada to return to Manchester this summer? They havent opened bookings yet for the daily YYZ - MAN - YYZ

kala87
10th Jan 2005, 10:37
Actually, in my experience, the problems about facilities at MAN are probably no worse than at many other UK airports.

Arriving at LHR T3, there's a good chance the travelator won't be working (and many of the stands are a long, long walk along the piers), the signs are a joke (and of course, only in English), acres of ghastly swirly-patterned carpet that smells like a drain.......

And as for the LHR central bus station, passengers have to resort to wandering around asking each other where their bus departs from, the information system is so dire. Last time I was there, even a bunch of Russians considered it a joke!

Or how about Luton? Potholed, badly-designed access roads and car parks, a sea of litter.... At least they now have Spanish management, so maybe they will inject a bit of Spanish design and efficiency into the place.

So maybe MAN is just typical of UK airport management, who seem to regard airports as shopping malls!

gayrugbybloke
10th Jan 2005, 14:35
So as far as you are concerned, TCM, what are the EZY routes to be? Surely not just a GVA service? Can;t see that being a money-spinner out of skiing season.

phoenix son
10th Jan 2005, 15:05
Chiglet,

Sorry, having re-read my post I see I didn't make myself entirely clear. Whilst there is the physical space to park a B747 on B-pier (Stand 12 for example), the logistics associated with this, particularly within the terminal, make it as good as unworkable (And that's BEFORE the passengers start to wander all over the ramp at Stand 12)...C-pier is much more user-friendly insofar as all stands have at least one airbridge...

PHX

Vuelo
10th Jan 2005, 15:39
I learn from sources at MAN that the T1 baggage hall and C Pier are to get a lovely new floor covering this winter, bright swimming pool blue! Just like the immigration hall! That will no dount look delightful. Also the arrivals meet and greet area is to get a facelift too at T1.

Retail-wise, there are to be new shops built in the T1 lounge (GAP, or NEXT, Pret a Manger and McDonalds muted) and the T1 outbound security area is to be redeveloped in the light of a huge increase in domestic and Irish passengers having to use T1 (Ryanair, EU Jet, FlyBe, BMI Baby, Aer Lingus, Aer Arran).

Looks like they are perhaps starting on the terminal's improvement at least!

lexxity
10th Jan 2005, 20:51
From what I've heard BD have applied for the MANYYZ slot again. Still a bit confused about how they intend to run the LHRBOM on the 330 without pulling something from MAN? Will this be a last minute switch and pull?

This Charming Man
10th Jan 2005, 20:59
GayRugbyBloke

All the EZY slots show AMS with 4 figure Flt No's , something like
9991,9992,9993 etc . From what i'm told this is a cover for the real dests !

brgds
TCM

Vuelo
11th Jan 2005, 16:24
So what are the EZY routes to be then, TCM? And when do the seats go on sale and the buses get decked out with the adverts?

cbt_bear_MAN
11th Jan 2005, 17:18
There is a lot of press coverage of the possible demise of US Airways. If it does go bust, does anyone think NW, UA or AA might step in and take over the lucrative MAN - PHL route?

Scottie Dog
11th Jan 2005, 17:21
Seems US may be getting enough financial concessions to allow them to continue (again).

For the sake of the employees I hope they remain in business!

eggc
11th Jan 2005, 17:32
Cant see MAN-PHL without US.

Who would provide US with a feeder service for their domestic network when they can feed their own hubs i.e EWR / COA, ATL / DAL etc etc...

With ref to COA, an equipment change to 764 looks on the cards, I wonder if this reduction may coincide with the introduction of a 2nd daily 757 rotation ?? ( possibly to LPL, you never know !!?? )

airhumberside
11th Jan 2005, 18:17
The only way a MAN-PHL servce would restart if US Airways go under would be if a new hub/focus city or transatlantic gateway was opened at PHL by another airline and even then a MAN service could not be guarenteed as Im sure there would be bigger priorities than MAN

However I hope than US Airways and their MAN route is around for a very long time yet

DC10FAN
11th Jan 2005, 20:57
Eggc,

My info. sources say the B767-400 is now operating into MAN but will revert back to B777 from 3rd May onwards.

eggc
11th Jan 2005, 21:09
sorry, should have been clearer in what i was saying....

COA may stick with 764 ex MAN, utilising triples elsewhere ( Asian destinations mentioned ).

This Charming Man
11th Jan 2005, 23:01
Veulo

I havn't got a clue where the real dests are to be :(

brgds
TCM

GrahamK
11th Jan 2005, 23:19
CO are back to the 764 on MAN-EWR for now, however, for summer they will be back to 777s, as the loads are Waaay to big for the 764.
Perhaps a 2 Daily 762/764 may be in the pipeline?

ClickRich
12th Jan 2005, 09:24
Terrywilcox said: At last someone realises it's the managers of an airport that make the difference,regardless of owner. Councils or private.

I don't think it is as black and white as that. I agree that the managers make a huge contribution to the success of an airport business. Incentives also have a role to play in how those managers meet or exceed targets. The incentivisation mechanisms available are dependent on the ownership structure of that business. Probably one for another topic as MAN is an interesting case study in this respect, but obviously it is a broader debate than that.

Vuelo
12th Jan 2005, 09:36
My theory is that MAplc have no interest in upgrading the facilities at T1 because essentially it is to be turned in to a lo-co and charter terminal, so less sophisticated facilities means cheaper fees. Possible explains why all the money seems to be going in to Terminal 2.

ClickRich
12th Jan 2005, 15:48
ScottieDog said:
the Airside General Manager and the Ops Planning Manager are both leaving
More info at
http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/141/141437_farewell_to_man_who_won_our_concorde.html

semisonic
12th Jan 2005, 16:56
Of all the rumours thrown around this thread..is there any more gossip towards the more probably new Summer '05 services?

I was thinking that maybe Cathay to HK was expected or an Air China, and possibly a second New York - either CO or Delta?

IB back to Madrid and Barcelona too?

Alitalia to Rome?

cbt_bear_MAN
13th Jan 2005, 05:58
Because of congestion at T2, Air India's new service will operate from Terminal 1 from summer 2005, I am told.

eggc
13th Jan 2005, 08:33
Air India ?????

I had given up on them using MAN...the vibe was that a BHX service will be launched in 05, this being backed up by several indian press releases...

Hope things have changed, maybe the very old BHX runway length aurgument has come into play again ???

Scottie Dog
13th Jan 2005, 09:48
Just to clarify one point. The final date for the return of slots is 31st January and not, as posted by some, the 13th.

This means that we will, hopefully, know who IS NOT operating services. After that it will be a case of who takes what pickings as 'second choice' and whether the new slot availabilty will enable other airlines to commence services at times that they want.

Vuelo
13th Jan 2005, 10:26
Well we can definitely dicount Air Polonia!!

gayrugbybloke
13th Jan 2005, 12:22
Heard a rumour (from a mopre reliable than usual source) today that Singapore may well be moving over to T1 in the summer in order to create a 'Star Hub' along with BMI, Lufthansa and LOT.

Would certainly make sense, thoug what will SQ premium passengers think of T1 facilities?!

terrywilcox
13th Jan 2005, 14:07
sorry scottie dog,guess it was me with the wrong date. don't know where I got the date from. Thanx.

just hoping Finningley get easyjet is all

Bagso
13th Jan 2005, 14:55
Air India... ?

......do tell us more...!

They announced BHX in the Indian Press three week ago citing a larger market in Brum...although rumours from the airport suggest they that they were adamant they wanted Manchester.

...that was UNTIL they became aware that they were saddled with remote parking, they then basically turned round and told the airport to stuff it !

Maybe BHX was simply a ploy to get stands on a terminal,
hope so ?

Whilst the new Lo Co services are great, if this is now at the expense of any new long haul surely its a bit of a backward step......!

eggc
13th Jan 2005, 18:11
News from MAN website...

Record Breaking 2004

More new routes were launched from Manchester Airport in 2004 than any other previous year. 18 new routes were announced between January and December 04, including domestic, European, and International destinations.

A mix of ‘no frills’ carriers and full service airlines operate the new flights, further strengthening Manchester’s position as the airport of choice.

The 18 new routes were: Bristol, Kerry, Manston (Kent), Plymouth, Waterford, Antigua, Bordeaux, Boston, Bucharest, Budapest, Damascus, Deer Lake, Houston, Hurghada, Miami, Paderborn, Riga and St Lucia.

New 200-Bed Low-Cost Hotel For Manchester Airport

Travelodge, working in partnership with Manchester Airport Developments (MADL), has announced that it is to start work on its largest new-build project outside of London - a 200-bedroom hotel at Manchester Airport

The £8million Travelodge, to be located next to the main access road into Terminal 2, is due to open in November 2005.

The new hotel will be built by Manchester Airport Developments, the property and development arm of the Manchester Airports Group, and leased to Travelodge for 25 years.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
13th Jan 2005, 19:01
Yes December pax 1,333,304 up 9.27% on last year

Must have bought yearly figures very close to 21 Million

G-I-B

Scottie Dog
13th Jan 2005, 20:41
Moving Annual figures show that the 2m mark has already been passed in November.

The Terminal figure was 20,888,866 and the Total Passenger figure (including transits) was 21,421,921 to the end of November. This represented an 8.3% increase in the same period last year (2003).

Shame the 21m terminal figure will not be reached in 2004 - might it!

BHXviscount
13th Jan 2005, 20:51
Just a point to all the MAN BHX bashers...PIA operates out of both airports so why can't AI????

Coments.................

BHXviscount(NOT a MAN basher but maybe slightly jealous!)

Vuelo
14th Jan 2005, 06:21
Has anyone suggested they can't both operate from Manchester?

lexxity
14th Jan 2005, 11:36
Travelodge, working in partnership with Manchester Airport Developments (MADL), has announced that it is to start work on its largest new-build project outside of London - a 200-bedroom hotel at Manchester Airport

Where EXACTLY is this to be built? Is it really next to the "main access" road and do MAplc have the planning application in yet?

AUTOGLIDE
14th Jan 2005, 11:40
What is the point of MAN chasing new routes when MAPLC haven't expanded the airport to accomodate them? Watching the musical airplanes game at the T2 apron entrance is like something from Monty Python , and when you finally get to T2 the airbridge (if you're lucky to get on the terminal) won't work anyway. Over the last 3 years MAN has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

MAN777
14th Jan 2005, 11:53
Regarding the Travelodge site, I dont know where exactly but I think its likely to be next to Thorley lane near Etrop Grange, I think there is a parking company there at the moment. I dont think there is enough room on the T2 side of the spur road as its heavily landscaped, if they were to release land for building here I think it would be more likely to be for a high class hotel, not a travelodge.

This will make 5 major hotels on site, not bad for a regional airport. !!

kala87
14th Jan 2005, 17:02
Air India have just announced in a press release that commencing 05/2005 they will be operating 3 x times weekly Amritsar - Birmingham - Toronto with B777 aircraft, and that BHX is their preferred UK destination after LHR.

Not surprising really, as Birmingham has a very large Sikh community with strong links to Canada as well as north India who will no doubt provide many of the pax.

eggc
14th Jan 2005, 17:51
kala87...

I have seen press releases, from indian press, a couple of weeks ago - but nothing officially from AI.

AI's website doesnt carry any reports at all to do with new the Canadian route, nevermind where such a flight may go via. BHX website also is void of such news !!,

The news you talk about sounds suspicously like one of the stories from a before Christmas, which did indeed state the details as per your post, but since then MAN has again been mentioned, so who knows....

An announcement maybe soon but i dont think that it is official yet, famous last words !!!

cbt_bear_MAN
14th Jan 2005, 18:49
I rang AA today to enquire about a journey I need to make from MAN to LAX in June. I travel business class, and wanted to get a discounted vusiness ticket, hence the prior booking. Interestingly, the call-centre girl told me to hold fire as 'we are expecting some new routes to come on sale soon, and I am sure one of them is Manchester to Los Angeles'........interesting!!

She didn;t have any other details but said she had heard from colleagues that it would be a daily service.

Assuming this would arrive MAn at say 1200hrs approx, hence after the BOS and ORD have left and so be able to park on T3 syands?

Who know any more details? Is it true?

runway14141414
14th Jan 2005, 18:56
Got this posting off another forum have absolubtly no more info on this but thought one of you guys might know more?

Another thread says they also plan LHE.

cbt_bear_MAN
14th Jan 2005, 19:46
How do you make a reservation then? I am thinking of a cheap way to get to the cricket...!

Alloy
17th Jan 2005, 17:11
Naples daily added to Monarch Scheduled out of MAN for the summer to add to earlier announcements.:ok:

This Charming Man
19th Jan 2005, 08:54
Rumour has it that Air Baltic operated their last flight on Monday
(17th Jan) . All future booking will go via CPH on a SAS code share.:(

It will be interesting to see what reason the airport or airline gives as the loads were around 75% :confused:

brgds
TCM

Vuelo
19th Jan 2005, 18:48
Air Baltic drastically reduced ther service to Riag over the Xmas period because they have a shortage of aircraft. I don;t think we have seen the last of BT, not with last weeks pax figures in the 130s on a 737!

Vuelo
20th Jan 2005, 11:01
Air Southwest 2x daily Manchester to Bournemouth?

G-BBAE
20th Jan 2005, 12:16
In what conditions is runway 6 used for take off and landings.
Ive read on the Man Airport website they use 6 when theres a north east wind of 5mph or more, but why would they want to take off facing the wind?

GrahamK
20th Jan 2005, 12:18
but why would they want to take off facing the wind?

Most flights depart facing into the wind, helping create lift for the a/c to take off.

G-BBAE
20th Jan 2005, 12:35
Just to aviod confussion does anyone have a map of the airport so i know which runway is which, i always get confused between 24l, 24r, 6l, 6r etc and which they use for landings and take offs.

GrahamK
20th Jan 2005, 13:04
When in use, it's usually as follows:
24L take-offs only (although I've seen some landings on there)
24R landings

6L take-offs and 6R landings

Tadger
20th Jan 2005, 13:05
G-BBAE

UK Aerodrome charts can be obtained from the NATS Aeronautical Information Service website at http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/login.jsp

You are required to register but the service is free. Once you have registered there are a number of options but head for the UK AIP/Aerodrome Data (I think!)

Hope this helps!

eggc
20th Jan 2005, 14:45
taken from Estonian website...

Estonian Air opens Tallinn-Manchester regular route on May 10 with twice weekly flights, on Tuesdays and Saturdays. The flight time is three hours. The departure times between Tallinn and Manchester will be published latest in February.

Its Estonian Air’s second regular route to the United Kingdom, Tallinn-London (Gatwick) route has been operated since 1995 and is now served with nine weekly frequencies.

In March Estonian Air opens the route to Milan, to Orio al Serio airport in Bergamo. The route is leisure oriented and the flights depart from Tallinn on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10.15 p.m. and arrive in Milan at 00.10 a.m. The flights depart from Milan (BGY) at 1:20 a.m. and arrive in Tallinn at 5.30 a.m. From June to September the Monday-flight will be added to the schedule with the same departure times.

Estonian Air adds a Friday morning flight to the Tallinn-Oslo route from the beginning of March and a Saturday flight from the end of March. From April Estonian Air adds a Tuesday flight on the Tallinn-Dublin route to the existing two weekly flights on Thursdays and Sundays. From June to September the route will be served additionally on Fridays. Tickets to the additional Dublin and Oslo flights can already be booked on the Estonian Air website, in the Estonian Air ticket offices and call centre and through the travel agencies.

More information about Estonian Air destinations and schedule can be found on the company’s website

Epp Alatalu
Estonian Air PR-manager

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Jan 2005, 14:45
Estonian Airlines have just announced a Manchester service twice a week from 10th May

G-I-B

Vuelo
20th Jan 2005, 15:46
Just need a Vilnius now for the hat trick!

Any news on Cathay or easyJet?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
20th Jan 2005, 15:57
According to Air Baltic their service appears to restart on 28th March at begining of summer( about as reliable as some of the rumours) time table

G-I-B

Barber's Pole Bob
20th Jan 2005, 16:03
And the word on the street is that GB Airways are bringing forward the arrival of the second airframe to Manchester and is now arriving 6 months earlier at the end of Summer '05. More winter sun routes ??

Vuelo
20th Jan 2005, 18:39
Let's hope GB Airways start a Manchester top Marrakech or Agadir route, too. Amd there are plenty of rich gay boys in the North to keep at least a 2x weekly Gran Canaria service!!

Love those dunes....

aeulad
20th Jan 2005, 18:42
Yeah, but you know what it's like when the sand gets everywhere;)

Roll on Feb 28th!

hehe

Regards

Mike

Ringwayman
20th Jan 2005, 19:45
BACitiExpress are to chop their routes Amsterdam and Bologna at the end of the winter timetable; Bologna is currently "suspended for the winter".

G-BBAE
20th Jan 2005, 19:56
Is G-BNWH still doing the New York runs for Feb, someone said there maybe a 777 in Feb.

eggc
20th Jan 2005, 21:39
BACX chop MAN - AMS !!!! Blimey charlie........

Wonder who might fill the gap.... ;-)

TURIN
20th Jan 2005, 22:33
Air Canada returning late spring.

Continental to go twice daily, Either 2x B767 or B757 or combination.

NWH not due off service until later in the year. No plans for a 777.

GB will have two airframes operating out of MAN by mid May but only one based at MAN.

Aeroplanes take off in to wind to reduce their ground speed, therefore the take off run is shorter.

Elvis is still dead!

Binderee will win the National this year.:\

This Charming Man
20th Jan 2005, 23:55
For Summer05 Futura will base 1 B737 . It will operate 13 flights a week for MYT.

brgds
TCM

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
21st Jan 2005, 07:34
When I used to work in Business travel
many of my clients refused to fly BA because of the EMB145 becaus e they thought it uncomfortable and claustrophobic

G-I-B

bmiboyz
21st Jan 2005, 16:06
Any other news on who might be flying for MYT other than Futura from MAN?

Jet A1
21st Jan 2005, 17:07
Turin - GB will have 1 MAN based A320 from May and a LGW A320 will operate the afternoon AGP as a W pattern.

A LGW based A320 will operate a W pattern from March '05 to AGP with crews nightstoppping in MAN.

From Oct '05 the second MAN based A320 will arrive meaning 2 MAN A320's by Oct '05 instead of March '06.

The routes for the aircraft are yet to be confirmed.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
22nd Jan 2005, 09:45
With BACX droping a few routes or cutting back there must be a few good slots going
and I bet there will be quite a rush to get them but will they go to airlines trying to improve their times or to new enrty airlines
Answers on a post card please

cbt_bear_MAN
22nd Jan 2005, 10:15
Can't see BA giving the slots up! Can't they just hold on to them for a while?

Could mean there is more space at T3 for American routes..?

AUTOGLIDE
22nd Jan 2005, 18:37
G-I-B,

I refuse to fly BA for exactly the same reason. They may as well pack up out of MAN by the sounds of it.

G-BBAE
24th Jan 2005, 08:23
Does T3 have good facilities compared to T1 and T2, i will be waiting there for my flight to New York and just wondering if there is a balcony for spotting.

Bagso
24th Jan 2005, 09:33
From BHX thread...

another loss...

Pakistan have now confirmed that their twice weekly Chicago service will operate from BHX with A310's instead of via MAN with B772's from 26.02.05 thru to 23.10.05

TURIN
24th Jan 2005, 09:57
Not necessarily a loss..

PIA are to operate a terminating 777 service to MAN.

Not sure if it will replace the current 747 ops or is an addition.

The rumour some time ago was that the 747s would be gradually phased out as the 777-200LRs and -300ERs were delivered.:ok:

gayrugbybloke
24th Jan 2005, 10:53
Massive, no M A S S I V E announcement due.

willywick
24th Jan 2005, 11:22
care to enlighten those who don't know about the announcement....

FOZ
24th Jan 2005, 15:43
Is the future bright and orange?

ManofMan
24th Jan 2005, 15:56
In the next day, month, year, decade, century or millenium ???

Caslance
24th Jan 2005, 16:01
Massive, no M A S S I V E announcement due. Yes, there usually is.

Always "due".......:rolleyes:

Scottie Dog
25th Jan 2005, 06:40
Are we all barking up the wrong tree?

Is GRB possibly refering to a terminal extension for a certain MASSIVE aircraft?

PPRuNeUser0162
25th Jan 2005, 09:26
Well I know T1 baggage hall is being re-designed to accommodate one A380 belt... So quite possibly.

Vuelo
26th Jan 2005, 13:07
Isn;t gate 27 the most likely at T1 to be able to accommodate the A380?

And what exactly is an A380 baggage belt? Is it a double decker?

Perhaps also HM Immihration at T1 Manchester might like to add some extra EU desks aswell, to save the horrendous queuing time there. Only a few weeks ago the queue for immigration went all the way bacl to the gate 22 area. When we got to the desk, there was just ONE immigration officer on the EU desk, and THREE on the Others desks, which had a queue of precisely 4 persons.

ATNotts
26th Jan 2005, 14:20
Vuelo:

There wouldn't be this farce at immigration (it happens at most larger airports) if the UK would just grow up and sign up to the Schengen Agreement.

This would give us UK travellers the same benefits as Germans, Dutch, Italians, Belgians - in fact most EU citizens - travel within the EU free of frontier controls!

It would also save a fortune in salaries of countless staff from HM Immigration.

Vuelo
26th Jan 2005, 14:56
Rubbish! There needs to be tighter immigration controls, not a relaxation that Schengen would bring! I want MORE immigration officers to cope with traffic!

ATNotts
26th Jan 2005, 15:32
We have to agree to disagree on that one.

Travelling frequently in Europe as I do, I find it so much less hassle once I have left the UK, not being stopped at borders, using just one currency etc etc.

But I think I am but one "European" in a land full of "Little Englanders"

Vuelo
27th Jan 2005, 10:25
Contrary to what gayrugbybloke has claimed, there doesn't appear to have been any announcements about MAN for weeks now...what happened tp easyJet, Cathay, United, American Airlines to LAX, Sri Lankan, Air India, Royal Jordanian..???

Jamesair
27th Jan 2005, 10:44
ATNotts

As a very frequent European traveller, I agree with you 100%.

The current UK immigration situation vis a vis inter EU travel is a joke.

ManofMan
27th Jan 2005, 10:53
Veulo,
Not sure about the others but....American to LAX, according to Americans Manchester representative is rubbish and will not happen.

Cathy...They are having problems obtaining slots ex Moscow.

Easyjet.. Still own to operate...as are Easy Swiss

Not sure about the others......

lexxity
27th Jan 2005, 10:58
Don't think UA are coming in (thankfully) to take on the MANIAD route. As BD are getting the deffered (spelling?) 330 back I believe.

ATNotts
27th Jan 2005, 10:58
Jamesair:

Thank heavens!! I thought I was a lone voice in UK on this.

What I fail to understand is why the only Schengen style border we have is with Ireland, which was for many years the source of the only serious terrorist threat we had.

The way UK Immigration is going, and if Blair or Howard get their way, getting in and out of UK is going to be akin to the US System.

Vuelo
27th Jan 2005, 11:45
So what are AA's future plans at Manchester? Swapping between MIA and BOS and keping the ORD all year round? Manchester really coud do with a west coast USA service, so let;s hope someone will start it! LAX or SFO will do! Wonder if Virgin have any expansion plans at Manchester...?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
27th Jan 2005, 12:05
Perhaps when they get some more aircraft
because at present they are short of aircraft, The B747 200 changes over to a B747-400 when the next A340 is delivered
and they have just announced they are increasing their Chinese flights and of course India out of London

G-I-B

TURIN
27th Jan 2005, 15:13
ATNotts

How dare you express a pro European view on Proon!

It is not the done thing you know.

All these little Englanders will have you banged up as soon as today's commons announcement becomes law!!!:uhoh:

This Charming Man
28th Jan 2005, 08:27
EZY have apparently handed back all their remaining slots for MAN. Apparently the slots they did have were '' unworkable''
i.e did not match what they wanted. Same goes for JET2 who have failed to secure slots for 3 a day GLA and a daily MAD.
I am told the lack of slots has nothing to do with the Runway but the lack of stands especially pier served :*

So, traffic lost due poor infastructure..... let the debate begin.

eggc
28th Jan 2005, 08:42
Doesn't at all surprise me....

Just look at the vacant stand situation each morning, even tho' there are 3 terminals, there isnt a many spaces to be had.

Then look at the inside of the terminals - security check points, passport control and baggage reclaim all suffer during the early morning rush.

So it doesnt shock me that there isnt room for EZY at the minute.

Will this force MAplc to act into building a new (loco) terminal or expanding existing fascilities ?

The list of "nearly hads" does grow...Air India, now EZY and how many others we dont hear of.

MAplc dont worry about the above - you concerntrate on fitting in those A380s ( 1 a day if lucky !!! ) and keeping up profit margins.