PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

Flying Wild 1st Sep 2020 12:01


Originally Posted by Modular Halil (Post 10874448)
On PPJN under orders:

68x 737 and 1◊A321 though PPJN was updated and the 737 orders were removed and was left with the single airbus order! So I wouldn't take it for gospel.

PPJN???? That font of accurate facts which anyone can edit? :ugh:

Johnny [email protected] Pants 1st Sep 2020 14:00


PPJN???? That font of accurate facts which anyone can edit? https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies2/eusa_wall.gif
Ha ha, couldnít have put it better:D

Mr @ Spotty M 1st Sep 2020 21:05

sportzbar,
Do you still think that l might be wrong about Greece, after Scotland's decision today?

sportzbar 2nd Sep 2020 05:36


Originally Posted by Mr @ Spotty M (Post 10876360)
sportzbar,
Do you still think that l might be wrong about Greece, after Scotland's decision today?

It does throw the cat amongst the pigeons doesn't it? I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to a few clusters that have happened (not including the Tui Cardiff flight). Now I'm not so sure if it will stay off the quarantine list. It'll make a mockery of the criteria used by the government as 99% of the cases have been linked to Laganas in Zante.

Having returned from Corfu only a few days ago it does seem, in my opinion, the Greeks are taking this a lot more seriously than the general public over here in the UK. The police don't give gentle word of advice if not adhering, they don't give you chance to apologise, they slap you with a fine.

I truly hope it doesn't go back on the quarantine list but I guess now after Scotland and Wales have done what they have, it won't be long before England joins in.....

MKY661 3rd Sep 2020 17:51

Mainland Spain & Croatia off until the Winter Season:

Comm 22nd Sep 2020 09:48

ppjn
 
I see ppjn is at it again


40i 22nd Sep 2020 10:02


Originally Posted by Comm (Post 10890212)
I see ppjn is at it again

Yes... although last time there was some truth in it.

I canít see them making anymore, they have 2019 capacity next year so they need crew, maybe temporary lay offs over winter/ part time working? Who knows.

Brian Pern 22nd Sep 2020 11:22

It appears to me that Jet2 are in denial, the industry is in free fall,
Easyjet have been up front and informed their workforce, Ryanair have asked for Part Time and Unpaid Leave. Lufthansa are making sweeping cuts, TUI are struggling, there was a good article in last week's Sunday Times, yet at Jet2 everything is just peachy. I really do hope that the remarks on PPJN are wrong, but common sense tells me there is more pain to come.

P330 22nd Sep 2020 11:27

What are the remarks people are referring to?

excrab 22nd Sep 2020 11:31


Originally Posted by Comm (Post 10890212)
I see ppjn is at it again

They've got the captainís salary wrong, letís hope the rest is wrong as well....

Johnny [email protected] Pants 22nd Sep 2020 11:56


Originally Posted by P330 (Post 10890278)
What are the remarks people are referring to?

The remarks referred to on PPJN.

JM926 22nd Sep 2020 12:18

Captains salary too low, SFO salary too high...(based on Covid pay)

not paying it much attention at this stage...

40i 22nd Sep 2020 13:28


Originally Posted by Brian Pern (Post 10890275)
It appears to me that Jet2 are in denial, the industry is in free fall,
Easyjet have been up front and informed their workforce, Ryanair have asked for Part Time and Unpaid Leave. Lufthansa are making sweeping cuts, TUI are struggling, there was a good article in last week's Sunday Times, yet at Jet2 everything is just peachy. I really do hope that the remarks on PPJN are wrong, but common sense tells me there is more pain to come.

I donít think they are in denial, they know what there Ď21 booking figures will be...

Brian Pern 22nd Sep 2020 14:12


Originally Posted by 40i (Post 10890338)
I donít think they are in denial, they know what there Ď21 booking figures will be...

I have no doubt they do, TUI's 2021 are up 145% on 2019 according to the Sunday Times, but how many of these are bookings from this year was not mentioned. Let's not forget TUI are the whale here, pan European not just the UK.
Brexit is coming and it won't be a nice soft one either, people have had staycations and many will be tempted to do the same next year, there is a lot of uncertainty in the industry, people won't want to travel on holiday with a risk of quarantine at the end of it.
I have no doubt that Jet2 management have a plan, it's just the silence is deafening

Jonty 22nd Sep 2020 16:14

I donít think things are peachy at Jet2, but I would say they are probably one of the best placed companies to take advantage of the recovery when it comes.

40i 22nd Sep 2020 16:30


Originally Posted by Brian Pern (Post 10890359)
I have no doubt they do, TUI's 2021 are up 145% on 2019 according to the Sunday Times, but how many of these are bookings from this year was not mentioned. Let's not forget TUI are the whale here, pan European not just the UK.
Brexit is coming and it won't be a nice soft one either, people have had staycations and many will be tempted to do the same next year, there is a lot of uncertainty in the industry, people won't want to travel on holiday with a risk of quarantine at the end of it.
I have no doubt that Jet2 management have a plan, it's just the silence is deafening

Yea I agree. This year is a write off, too unstable with government legislation. Brexit agreed will be horrific they are better placed though as the vast majority of their workforce is UK based. Unlike as you say TUI.

As above it isnít pretty and I hope there is a plan to capitalise and gain a bigger market share next summer, but yes the silence is horrible but I donít think that will change soon!

LS737 22nd Sep 2020 18:24


Originally Posted by Brian Pern (Post 10890275)
It appears to me that Jet2 are in denial, the industry is in free fall,

There's a culture of good news or no news at Jet2. I'm not surprised!

Brian Pern 22nd Sep 2020 18:26


Originally Posted by LS737 (Post 10890474)
There's a culture of good news or no news at Jet2. I'm not surprised!

this is what is concerning me, I do hope I'm wrong.

Crewing Gimp 23rd Sep 2020 10:46


Originally Posted by Brian Pern (Post 10890275)
It appears to me that Jet2 are in denial, the industry is in free fall,
Easyjet have been up front and informed their workforce, Ryanair have asked for Part Time and Unpaid Leave. Lufthansa are making sweeping cuts, TUI are struggling, there was a good article in last week's Sunday Times, yet at Jet2 everything is just peachy. I really do hope that the remarks on PPJN are wrong, but common sense tells me there is more pain to come.

Oh Brian, you are still desperate for Jet2 to fail....

The company is being as proactive as possible, already reduced size of fleet and workforce sufficiently to be able to get through the Winter and be ready for Summer21 (the company as always communicates internally what the plans are) If the government get there act together, and maintain the air corridors and have airport testing (which they should of been working on from 01st Apr). The company and the whole industry will recover.

As you can see above tweets, we are reacting to ever changing restrictions to get our customers on there well deserved Lovely holidays.

The Gimp

Brian Pern 23rd Sep 2020 14:19

Actually Gimp, I don't want the company to fail.
I have a interest in the success of Jet2, having being involved in several airlines over the years, even Jet2 in its infancy.
I just like many others fail to believe the shtik put out by the management.
I wish you well.
BP


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:48.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.