PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

castleford tiger 8th Jun 2020 06:00

I think this is a very fluid situation and reading the papers yesterday there is pressure coming from many sources.

The killer at the moment is the FO no travel notice which in effect leaves you on your own and insurance invalid.

To have this removed by 01.07.20 is tight as the 21 day period takes us almost to the month end.
Clearly Government have top give a steer and I think " air bridges" are being worked on.

Nobody knows how they will work or how aircraft will operate.
I am struggling to see much moving on 01.07 but rather a slow opening up during late july.

Just where will people holiday this year?
UK hotels closed and no sign of a formal date ( they need time as well) and most uk resorts closed in the sense of pubs/toilets etc its going to be a right mess.

Tiger

toledoashley 8th Jun 2020 06:31

Its worth noting the advise from the Foreign Office changed very subtly from ‘Advising against all but essential travel indefinitely’, to ‘we currently advise against all but essential travel’.

sdbelgium 8th Jun 2020 10:21

I see G-LSAH is enroute MAN-GBA now as EXS031E, for scrapping?

STATSMAN 8th Jun 2020 10:38

757 G-LSAH just take off from MAN to Kemble last flight?

Gurnard 8th Jun 2020 11:30


Originally Posted by sdbelgium (Post 10805583)
I see G-LSAH is enroute MAN-GBA now as EXS031E, for scrapping?

That's the plan.

irishlad06 8th Jun 2020 11:36

This was always planned pre-Covid.
AD/AG/AH were planned to be scrapped and the remainder of the 757ís to be based at MAN.

MKY661 8th Jun 2020 12:05

According to Jethro, G-GDFB should also be off for scrap this month

MKY661 8th Jun 2020 16:08

Update from Jet2:

Brian Pern 8th Jun 2020 16:26

So the summer is now pushed back even further, this is not looking good for any UK based airline. The Quarantine is doing no one any favours.
Looks like that money from the sale of Fowler Welch may come in handy after all.

valefan16 8th Jun 2020 17:00


Originally Posted by Brian Pern (Post 10805939)
So the summer is now pushed back even further, this is not looking good for any UK based airline. The Quarantine is doing no one any favours.
Looks like that money from the sale of Fowler Welch may come in handy after all.

Wonder if this date links to what the Turkish were saying about a 15th July air bridge in place?

I flew on 14th so either re arrange or refund, might try for the following week and see what happens

SCFC1EP 8th Jun 2020 22:16

15th July does seem to be an odd date to restart being a Wednesday

The majority of restriction being relaxed from the UK government tends to happen on a Monday and restrictions are genuinely reviewed on a 14 or 21 day time frame.

The only other explanation I seem to remember the Greeks saying (i could be mistaken) we may be allowed in from mid July, so are we now using middle of month as the next possible wave of resumption of flights, think we can still say 1st July will see the next increase of flights with Ryanair/Easyjet increasing flights from that date other airlines are all starting on that date into Manchester ie Brussels Airlines/Finnair daily Emirates and even domestic BA LHR 2 daily

davidjohnson6 8th Jun 2020 23:09

Perhaps logic is to restart midweek when it will be a bit quieter than weekend, so staff get an easier first day back at school while they try to remember how to do their jobs and the rust comes off from 4 months of being at home ?

dc9-32 9th Jun 2020 05:42

I see the UK Government is back-peddling on schools returning so maybe they will change their mind about the quarantine rules. Lets face it, they really give the impression they don't know what to do next. Dealing with peoples lives, health and lively hood needs to be done correctly and with confidence.

valefan16 9th Jun 2020 05:57


Originally Posted by dc9-32 (Post 10806299)
I see the UK Government is back-peddling on schools returning so maybe they will change their mind about the quarantine rules. Lets face it, they really give the impression they don't know what to do next. Dealing with peoples lives, health and lively hood needs to be done correctly and with confidence.

They have the court case potentially this week too by IAG/EZY, Ryanair and travel sector firms.


Mr @ Spotty M 9th Jun 2020 07:54

The travel sector firms have put off there court case, just the airlines case to go to the courts.

Mr Good Cat 9th Jun 2020 09:30


Originally Posted by Mr @ Spotty M (Post 10806375)
The travel sector firms have put off there court case, just the airlines case to go to the courts.

Air bridges to be in place by June 28th, so the travel firms have been told. Assume this means EU holiday hotspots only, which is probably why some airlines are still pursuing the legal action route.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/08/travel-bosses-told-air-bridges-allowed-june-29-quarantine-eased/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1181...free-holidays/

Comm 11th Jun 2020 11:47

Storage?
 
Anyone know if the 300ís and 75ís are to be put in storage for 3 months?

Flying Hi 11th Jun 2020 11:56


Originally Posted by Comm (Post 10808420)
Anyone know if the 300ís and 75ís are to be put in storage for 3 months?

AFAIK the 330s were all Air Tankers leases, now cancelled. Temporarily?
The remaining 757s, after the retirement of LSAH and contemporaries to follow, will all be based At MAN.

Flying Hi 11th Jun 2020 12:09

Rerepatriation flights
 
Is there such a word as Rerepatriation.? 🤔
When S20 finally does kick off c July 15 (maybe) will we see a block of 'rerepatriation' flights a couple of weeks prior to that out to the Destination countries and areas of Jet2 so-called 'Reps' and resort staff?
Logistical nightmare start to a season that will start off just before the big UK holiday breaks 6 weeks.
Would be interesting to understand how Jet2 cope with getting their teams back in place.

valefan16 11th Jun 2020 12:53


Originally Posted by Flying Hi (Post 10808441)
Is there such a word as Rerepatriation.? 🤔
When S20 finally does kick off c July 15 (maybe) will we see a block of 'rerepatriation' flights a couple of weeks prior to that out to the Destination countries and areas of Jet2 so-called 'Reps' and resort staff?
Logistical nightmare start to a season that will start off just before the big UK holiday breaks 6 weeks.
Would be interesting to understand how Jet2 cope with getting their teams back in place.

Maybe use locals to do the rep work? or ex pats out there (sometimes the case anyway), guess they could fly them out on other airlines who are starting earlier as an option.



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:40.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.