PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

LFC22 24th Jun 2020 08:08


Originally Posted by USERNAME_ (Post 10818616)
Big wave of redundancies today across the cabin crew and office staff

Which departments within the office were made redundant?

LBIA 24th Jun 2020 08:54

Sadly up to 380 temporary cabin Crew and 102 pilots were let go as part of job cuts yesterday.
I really do hope the aviation sector picks up quickly and all those team members can be re-employed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ronavirus/amp/

valefan16 24th Jun 2020 11:08

Looks like the July Schedules are being updated at the moment, few flights now not showing as bookable, i am on Kos to Birmingham July 20 which appears to have gone from 3p/w down to 2p/w (mine still going as it stands) on the booking engine for example. Manchester down 5 p/w to 3 so far, Menorca not bookable in July it seems.

pamann 24th Jun 2020 11:46

Just looking at the Greek schedules ex Stansted as an example

No Kalamata, Lesvos, Mykonos, Preveza, Santorini or Thessaloniki till 2021.

Iíd guess thereís major cuts across the whole network.

matjr79 24th Jun 2020 12:09


Originally Posted by LBIA (Post 10818614)
Delivery of 5+ Airbus A321ís & 3+ Boeing 737-800ís have been cancelled and 2+ further Boeing 757-200's are set to be retired.


LS1767 Fri 25Sep MAN-TFS still showing as A321 on the seat map selection.. Wonder if it will change..?

Flying Wild 24th Jun 2020 18:19


Originally Posted by LBIA (Post 10819267)
Sadly up to 380 temporary cabin Crew and 102 pilots were let go as part of job cuts yesterday.
I really do hope the aviation sector picks up quickly and all those team members can be re-employed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ronavirus/amp/

Thatís not technically correct. Those individuals were notified that their positions were at risk of redundancy and the consultation process is now underway. I would imagine that alternatives such as seeking voluntary redundancies, etc would be sought first.

MKY661 25th Jun 2020 15:03

Jethro has stated that the A321's that will not be acquired are the 5 ex TCX ones

ROC10 25th Jun 2020 15:25


Originally Posted by MKY661 (Post 10820724)
Jethro has stated that the A321's that will not be acquired are the 5 ex TCX ones

I think all seven were ex-TCX? I believe they have acquired 2 of the 7 and the remaining 5 have been cancelled/postponed (perhaps?). I believe theyíre also withdrawing 2 additional 757s and have cancelled the acquisition of 3 further 738s. They were also due to have a fair bit of ACMI this summer which is obviously also cancelled.

Flying Hi 25th Jun 2020 18:07


Originally Posted by ROC10 (Post 10820745)
I think all seven were ex-TCX? I believe they have acquired 2 of the 7 and the remaining 5 have been cancelled/postponed (perhaps?). I believe theyíre also withdrawing 2 additional 757s and have cancelled the acquisition of 3 further 738s. They were also due to have a fair bit of ACMI this summer which is obviously also cancelled.

I noticed G-LSAA (752) this morning going round the block on a 20 minute MAN - MAN trip.
Test flight prior to going into service in July or getting ready for Kemble? Anyone know which?

irishlad06 25th Jun 2020 18:27


Originally Posted by Flying Hi (Post 10820922)
I noticed G-LSAA (752) this morning going round the block on a 20 minute MAN - MAN trip.
Test flight prior to going into service in July or getting ready for Kemble? Anyone know which?

itís just a test flight to keep one 757 activated in the event it is needed.

MKY661 25th Jun 2020 18:42


Originally Posted by ROC10 (Post 10820745)
I think all seven were ex-TCX? I believe they have acquired 2 of the 7 and the remaining 5 have been cancelled/postponed (perhaps?). I believe theyíre also withdrawing 2 additional 757s and have cancelled the acquisition of 3 further 738s. They were also due to have a fair bit of ACMI this summer which is obviously also cancelled.

5 of them were due from TCX, the other two, including the one delivered are from Condor, but I believe the two that are coming from Condor were WFU as soon as TCX went under

Flying Hi 25th Jun 2020 18:55


Originally Posted by irishlad06 (Post 10820939)
itís just a test flight to keep one 757 activated in the event it is needed.

Thanks Irishlad. Much appreciated.

LBIA 25th Jun 2020 22:47

Jet2 Boeing 737-300, G-GDFB leaves Leeds for the final time tomorrow positioning to Lasham for part-out and scrapping.

LBIA 25th Jun 2020 22:50

​2x A321's that will eventually enter service will be G-HYLF and G-HYLG.

matjr79 26th Jun 2020 16:06


Originally Posted by LBIA (Post 10821158)
​2x A321's that will eventually enter service will be G-HYLF and G-HYLG.

In service by 25Sep?

L1649 26th Jun 2020 16:47


Originally Posted by LBIA (Post 10821158)
​2x A321's that will eventually enter service will be G-HYLF and G-HYLG.

Only one A321 (G-HLYA) in service from July 15th for the summer season.

ROC10 26th Jun 2020 17:51


Originally Posted by L1649 (Post 10822000)
Only one A321 (G-HLYA) in service from July 15th for the summer season.

Are they re-registering HLYF to HLYA? Jethros has YF and YG down as the two being taken (YF has been with them for several months now doing test/training flights).

irishlad06 26th Jun 2020 18:21


Originally Posted by L1649 (Post 10822000)
Only one A321 (G-HLYA) in service from July 15th for the summer season.

it wonít be YA when the donít have the aircraft. They only have YF at the minute. It will be that aircraft operating from the 15th jul.

L1649 26th Jun 2020 18:28


Originally Posted by ROC10 (Post 10822050)
Are they re-registering HLYF to HLYA? Jethros has YF and YG down as the two being taken (YF has been with them for several months now doing test/training flights).

No, YC and YF are the other two but aren't scheduled to enter service this summer - standby only I expect.

L1649 26th Jun 2020 18:31


Originally Posted by irishlad06 (Post 10822071)
it wonít be HA when the donít have the aircraft. They only have YF at the minute. It will be that aircraft operating from the 15th jul.

HA?? No. YA, yes. YC and YF are the other aircraft.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:13.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.