PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Manchester-2 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/599775-manchester-2-a.html)

davidjohnson6 23rd Feb 2020 13:54

Juneyao to Shanghai via Helsinki no longer on sale, even after April

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-21feb20/

HKGBOY 23rd Feb 2020 20:08

Shanghai
 
If you want to go to Shanghai via Helsinki- surely you would go with Finnair?
Good connections, no need for Juneyao anyway

PDXCWL45 24th Feb 2020 05:39


Originally Posted by HKGBOY (Post 10694357)
If you want to go to Shanghai via Helsinki- surely you would go with Finnair?
Good connections, no need for Juneyao anyway

I would have thought if you were starting or ending your journey at Manchester you would not get off the aircraft at Helsinki. It's just a stop on the way. Same as Ethiopian Airlines stopping at Brussels on the way to and from Manchester.

flyerguy 24th Feb 2020 05:42


Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 (Post 10694542)
I would have thought if you were starting or ending your journey at Manchester you would not get off the aircraft at Helsinki. It's just a stop on the way. Same as Ethiopian Airlines stopping at Brussels on the way to and from Manchester.

Talking of Ethiopian, could we ever see a few ‘non stop’ flights possibly, looks like the past few flights have been arriving around 40-50% load terminating at MAN (I’m not sure the quota of seats for ADD-BRU and ADD-MAN but if it is 50/50 then it seems to be doing well)

PDXCWL45 24th Feb 2020 05:47


Originally Posted by flyerguy (Post 10694545)
Talking of Ethiopian, could we ever see a few ‘non stop’ flights possibly, looks like the past few flights have been arriving around 40-50% load terminating at MAN (I’m not sure the quota of seats for ADD-BRU and ADD-MAN but if it is 50/50 then it seems to be doing well)

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Manchester ends up with a non stop flight maybe on a 737.
As for the quota between airports I wouldn't know what they are but I'd expect that Brussels would get the largest amount seats allocated to it.

flyerguy 24th Feb 2020 05:49


Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 (Post 10694547)
I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Manchester ends up with a non stop flight maybe on a 737.
As for the quota between airports I wouldn't know what they are but I'd expect that Brussels would get the largest amount seats allocated to it.

Id expect BRU to have a larger percentage also as that is ‘non stop’ to ADD. I remember the time they brought the MAX into MAN. Apparently landed with less fuel than is required, so if that’s the case then I’d expect it not to be a 737MAX when they’re back and if the route becomes non stop.

Logohu 25th Feb 2020 01:51

Airline Route now saying Ethiopian will be all nonstop between MAN and ADD from 01st July. 4x weekly on B787-9

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-july-2020/

flyerguy 25th Feb 2020 06:34


Originally Posted by Logohu (Post 10695209)
Airline Route now saying Ethiopian will be all nonstop between MAN and ADD from 01st July. 4x weekly on B787-9

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-july-2020/

My crystal ball was correct!

FFHKG 25th Feb 2020 06:56

CX reporting a reduction in the MAN/HKG flights down to 2X weekly. Most CX routes are being drastically curtailed or cancelled until April, along with most other carriers operating to/from or within Asia.

chaps1954 25th Feb 2020 07:15

Quite interesting in that it will be a B789 not B788

Suzeman 25th Feb 2020 09:20


Originally Posted by chaps1954 (Post 10695324)
Quite interesting in that it will be a B789 not B788

Was already planned to go to all 789 before they de-linked it, so lots of extra capacity now.

azz767 25th Feb 2020 09:24


Posted by a usually reliable source regarding VS and its plans at MAN. Does anybody have any more information?

BA318 25th Feb 2020 09:35

VS are launching 3x weekly seasonal MAN-Delhi

Navpi 29th Feb 2020 20:49

Iberia plans to increase Manchester Madrid in Summer.
possibly using a unit from BHX as that service will terminate. Must confess I'm amazed BHX cannot fill a Madrid service a few times a week?

azz767 5th Mar 2020 09:10

With Flybe going into administration, what do we think the impacts will be for MAN? It has lost two of its most prominent carriers in the last 7 months.

I should imagine a certain Irish airline will be licking their lips at the new available gate space at T3.

I also wonder if it will have any impacts on the VS growth plans at MAN.

It will also be interesting to see if any of their routes get picked up by the likes of Loganair or Eastern.

boredintheairport 5th Mar 2020 14:29


Originally Posted by azz767 (Post 10703598)
With Flybe going into administration, what do we think the impacts will be for MAN? It has lost two of its most prominent carriers in the last 7 months.

I should imagine a certain Irish airline will be licking their lips at the new available gate space at T3.

I also wonder if it will have any impacts on the VS growth plans at MAN.

It will also be interesting to see if any of their routes get picked up by the likes of Loganair or Eastern.

It looks like Loganair picked up a couple of the Manchester routes, notably Aberdeen and Edinburgh. No indication on frequencies. Start in the next fortnight or so. It will take a long time to work out the real sustainable demand after the dust of the bankruptcy and the coronavirus challenges.

I think by far the biggest drain on any VS expansion is the collapse in demand. They pushed back the introduction of the Sao Paolo route from Heathrow for a start.


The Loganair booking engine gives numerous daily frequencies, but half have a LM2XXX flight number, appear shadow another flight, and are all default sold out. It seems the flights that stick will be four daily, approx morning, approx midday, approx late afternoon and an evening (certainly on the random Thursday I searched for). Flights are a bit more pricey than Flybe but not by much, and a better value proposition given you get luggage.


LBIA 5th Mar 2020 14:32

Eastern Airways to start Manchester - Southampton route next week

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/easter...e-demise-21596

zfw 5th Mar 2020 20:09

Ryanair did originaly request to base more aircraft at MAN S20 but were turned down due to lack of space/slots...............watch this space.

LFC22 5th Mar 2020 21:25

Who was handling Flybe at MAN? Used to work at Menzies when they had the contract which then went to Airline Services and back to Menzies. Guessing a lot of staff are going to be laid off there

flyerguy 5th Mar 2020 21:26


Originally Posted by LFC22 (Post 10704272)
Who was handling Flybe at MAN? Used to work at Menzies when they had the contract which then went to Airline Services and back to Menzies. Guessing a lot of staff are going to be laid off there

Menzies were


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:07.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.